Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey or Dodger Talk. It's a rainy easter Sunday in our nation's capital. I'm joined right now by one of the heroes from last year's World Series and obviously a very valuable member this year of the Dodgers pitching staff, and that's Justin Robleski.
Speaker 2: Happy Easter, Happy Easter, God bless.
Speaker 1: Do left handers celebrate Eastern.
Speaker 2: They do, They do the contrary to popular belief, they do.
Speaker 1: They do. Hey, you're in a pretty special corner here with a few lefties. Is that Do you feel like they've quarantined you guys together? Would you like to be surrounded by more righties? No?
Speaker 2: I think I think it's okay. I think you know, lefties are a little weird, so we got to stick together over here.
Speaker 1: Do you have anything that we would consider abnormal as far as getting ready to pitch?
Speaker 2: Probably not find nothing too abnormal, pretty pretty standard.
Speaker 1: What's a day like this for you? I mean, obviously you and Roki are kind of synced up as far as your throat days. There's rain in the forecast. How do you stay ready, stay focused whenever you might be needed today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just the same old, same as normal. Just stay ready to pitch, be ready to go, and you know, treat it as kind of a semi start kind of deal. But today's a little different, so we'll see all goes all right.
Speaker 1: And after today, the Dodgers are headed back to Canada, Toronto, where you guys are able to pull out an incredible comeback of the World Series. How excited are you to go back there and kind of relive all that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fired up. I think, you know, I'm excited to just go play a good team. I think that's kind of what I'm more excited about. They got a great team over there, you know, a lot of really good players, so I'm excited to you know, go out there and face the challenge. So yeah, I think that's that's the most exciting part to me. And then obviously the atmosphere there is great. It's it's a really fun place to play, so I'm excited.
Speaker 1: The fans are obviously going to be as loud as they were in Game seven. We've all circled this road trip since the schedule came out. Are we a little bit more excited for this than the guys? In this clubhouse.
Speaker 2: Probably probably, I think, you know, it's a new year. We got a lot of new faces in here. We're trying to trying to, you know, win as many games as we can. And uh, yeah, I think you got to turn the page from last year. It was a great year. But I think turned the page and you know, get moved forward to this year. It's they're both different teams and so you got to figure out how we're gonna we're gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: What do you remember the most about Game six and Game seven in Toronto.
Speaker 2: That we won. Yeah, No, I think that's you know, I think it's Blake's over here doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Blake's always trying to get in my interviews here. You're always trying to get in my head.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I remember. I just know as a teammate, but we remember this guy grew up into a real man. It's freaking nasty on the mau let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you're a real dog. The leader of the dogs just and doctornated you last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the facial hair is a little thicker too.
Speaker 1: He's a legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means a lot coming from Blake, you know, such a such a uh a wise old veteran. You know, look at him, so wise experienced, right, yeah, so experienced. No, it's it's great, it's uh yeah, you know, I just remember winning those games. I think that was the most important thing to me, is just kind of getting the job done. And you know, one of the craziest world series maybe ever. So that was super cool. And you know, I think the pick for Miggy's one thing that stands out to me. I think, you know, the end of game six with the you know, ball wedge in the wall, just some crazy stuff that happened, super super fun. I don't think I think I remember stuff that happened outside of myself more than I remember anything else, just because I just thought it was so cool, just as a fan of the game. So it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Did you ever go back to watch any of those games?
Speaker 2: Not really, other than just like normal film stuff. I never watched like the actual like like broadcast. Maybe in a couple of years I'll do that, but you know, I never watched the actual broadcast of any of it. Just just kind of clips here and there.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you for the time. I know you're going to be in high demand in Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe so, maybe so, maybe you have to hide in my hotel room.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, congratulations and keep it going.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, thank you, thank you.