Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Conte now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official pregame show the back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers, who last night started off this season on a winning note. Tonight, it's a rating night out at Dodgers Stadium as they look to get some hardware and celebrate last year's World Series championship as they get ready to take on the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Emmy Sheen on the mound.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Dandium is coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: We got a lot to get to.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts coming up in about twenty minutes. Forty five minutes from now, the one and only future Hall of Famer number twenty two, Clayton Kershaw. David Vase will sitting down with Clayton Kershaw coming up. He was on the call last night on NBC. He is still there tonight getting his ring a part of the championship run last year for the Dodgers. Dv will join us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Shortly Kirsten Watson from Sports in ATLA will stop by and in just a few minutes we head out to the Galpin.
Speaker 4: Motors broadcast booth. Well.
Speaker 6: Last night the season opener, a sellout crowd, a star studded pregame show with Will.
Speaker 4: Ferrell on the field.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobu Yamamoto pitch really well. He was dealing last night for the Dodgers. Six innings, just two runs five per Dubo, a home run in the fourth, the only damage done to Yamamoto, who struck out six along the way. Meanwhile, Zach Gallon was a fit for the Dodgers. He gave up a leadoff single to Otani in the first and a one out walk to Max Munsey in the second. The Dodgers didn't have another runner though until the fifth in he went Max Munsey's single, then Taascar Hernandez an infield single that brought up Andy Paes.
Speaker 7: Trying a battle behind one and two. Another offering from Gallon, Paz lifts it.
Speaker 3: In the air left field in deep it is gone. Andy Patz flips the scoreboard with the first Dodger home run of twenty twenty six. What were you saying about getting those bets warmed up?
Speaker 8: Mole gotta warm him up and for Pahz with two strikes, he fouled off a fast boat upstairs. He gotta get another pitch and he hits that one out of the ballpark.
Speaker 6: That is the top tiered player of the game, brought to you by RCO Quality, top tier gash for less.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers weren't done.
Speaker 6: Will Smith reached on an infield single, scoring Miguel Rojas. The Dodgers put a four spot up in the fifth inning, and then at the seventh, Kyle Tucker got into the fun and RBI doubled the right center field scoring show Hey o'tani who was stealing on the play. Mookie Betts and RBI singles scored Tucker that made it a six too Dodgers lead still in the seventh runner on for Will Smith got.
Speaker 7: Into it going the other way and the fence cage next to the Dodger bullpen.
Speaker 1: Now Smith hits one in the year.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna get this one, Jordan Lawler and Will Smith has gone deep. First hole run of the year for the Dodger beckstuff and the Dodgers with some more breathing room, now eight to two.
Speaker 4: Will Smith with the two run home run.
Speaker 6: How about every Dodger reached base safely at least once last night, with eight of the nine registering a hit. A two for four night for will Smith, including the home run three RBIs. Andy pat Has hitting in the eighth spot two for four with three RBIs with that home run, as the Dodgers scored eight runs on ten hits. It took a spinner around the lineup to get it going, but once they did, they did not stop.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Yamamoto with the.
Speaker 6: Sixth innings got locked in, struck out six Blake tried and pitched the seventh inning. Will Clyde got the eighth and Tanner Scott came in pitched the ninth inning as the Dodgers get the victory in the season opener last night, iuded the Ravine eight to two the final, and now they're back at it tonight on Ring Night, as the Dodgers get their World Series Championship rings, and of course Image Sheen on the mound at his first start here in twenty twenty six, and with more we head out to the gallop and four broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, great to get it from your TC game two of one to sixty two the Dodgers one to zero as they began in their two time titled Defense Mall with an opening day victory over Arizona last night, another comeback win, just like last year's group, never phased despite falling down early. And if you thought the pageantry on night one was something, night two is going to be something to behold with the.
Speaker 8: Rings well, and there's something to take home for the players. It's going to be fun to see them be handed their rings individually and then they turned into ten year olds as they opened up the box and be able to see because nobody they have no idea the design to the extent. And I'll say one thing, It's going to be something spectacular.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dave Roberts, the one sort of tease, little tidbit that he gave the media before the game was that it was layered.
Speaker 1: I think I heard him say.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 7: But given how the Dodgers have been doing things, it's not going to be tiny or subtle. We don't think when it comes to the ring. But last night's game really yoshinobiyam Moto, I know he wasn't pleased with his outing, that two run home run to Perdomo spoil things for him, but a quality start for him and the Dodger offense just showing its might and relentlessness.
Speaker 8: I think if we go to Yamamota to begin with, you start to look at expectations, the organization, the team, and then the individuals, and for Yamamoto was not happy with the overall effect of the outing, but still, I mean the number six innings, two runs, five hits, you know, gave up a home run in the fourth inning, did not walk a batter and struck out six. On top of it, also picked off a runner. We talked during the ballgame last night about the expectations that Yamamota has the exact delivery, the mechanical part of it. So that's something that he kind of looks at with really a magnifying glass, and it was good enough. How about the Dodgers from an offensive standpoint, because they were really only able to manufacture one base hit that was the leadoff single by Otani, the very first batter that Gallon faced in that ballgame last night. Then they were shut down offensively until the fifth inning, and then the Dodgers' offense really awakened.
Speaker 7: And tonight they will face a writing in Ryan Nelson, a breakout candidate according to a lot of evaluators heading into twenty twenty six. He's added some weight, worked on his slider. He will go for the Diamondbacks. Emmett Shean getting to start ring night for the Dodgers, Yoshinobi Almoto through ninety five pitches a night ago, Emmett she and the expectation to night Moll between eighty and ninety.
Speaker 8: Yeah, then we'll see how long he's going to be going I think with Nelson too, the Dodgers have expectations the slider you mentioned the change up. Also, he also increased the velocity on his fastball if you look back to last year, because of a mechanical adjustment that he was able to make one change in the lineup. Tonight, Kyle Freeland will start. He'll be at second base and Bannon the ninth spot after Miguel Rojas got to start last night in the opening game of this series. So we'll see Freeland, who, quite frankly, you know, he raised a lot of eyebrows in what he was doing over in Arizona, and that second base position was really kind of a competition, a nice competition. So Friedland will be in there tonight and bat in the nine spot.
Speaker 7: Game number two. We're fired up for first pitch image and we'll throw it out here shortly tim back to you.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot. Nowis we getting that to first pitch?
Speaker 6: Dodger fans get that game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 4: Coming up here.
Speaker 6: I'm wrong, because you know Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Clayton Kershaw coming up in about forty minutes. David Vats joins us throughout the hour we dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But I'm next Kirston Watson from Sports and at LA, and you're o Tani ree one. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers in Diamondbacks on ring night from the stadium.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim kas Is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night. And and she and Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup, game two of this three games series.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani Rewhile like Thomas now shifts tour it right, doesn't line drive patient in the right medio.
Speaker 9: O'tani begins a twenty twenty sixth season with a clean line drive to.
Speaker 4: Write just like that show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Otani bought of the first sitting leads it off with an are A single for Otani. He with then scored later in the seventh inning after he walked to give the Dodgers a five to two lead. Dodgers go on and beat the Snakes last night and their season opener by final of eight to two.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: And Kirston Out joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old cars on eight today and your car be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now Cars for Kids dot Org. That's Cars with Kay and tonights and nights. The world champion Dodgers getting some hardware on the field, and I know the boys are excited about getting those rings.
Speaker 10: They are so excited. You know, usually when a team wins the World Series, they'll get their rings in Game one, but the Dodgers have wanted to make it so that it's a true celebration of opening week and just rebasking in those memories of twenty twenty five in the World Series and everything that they achieved last year before really turning the page to twenty twenty six. So today is going to be the ring ceremony, and all the guys are just thrilled. They don't really some know what it looks like. Some have seen a few pictures and it seems like a few of the guys have been a part of the design of the ring, but a lot of them have not seen it. I was told that it is a layered piece, so it seems like there are multiple pieces to the ring, which is kind of cool. But when it comes to this group, it's nice because it's not just the ring that they have, because a lot of them have shared that they don't really wear the rings. They are quite large, as we all know, very blingy, so they typically put those away keep in a safe place.
Speaker 4: But this year, the guys actually.
Speaker 10: They've made a watch that they all can wear all the time as a nice piece to commemorate the success of the twenty twenty five season. Some guys were able to buy the actual trophy make a replica of the trophy of sorts that they have at home. So there's been it's been a few days of celebration, but the guys are they're excited to see the ring. They're really excited to see the video in the box. That's kind of what a lot of them have been saying. Just the whole package that it all comes in is very special.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the whole presentation is something to be seen for those Dodger players and coaching staff and Dave robbers on the field tonight, Dodgers looking to make it two straight wins against the Arizona Diamondbacks and Emmitt Shean gets to start tonight.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 10: And Emmitt's coming off of a spring in which, you know, you kind of break it into two parts. The first half he was a bit under the weather. He essentially had like a flu of sorts, and so he was away from camp and from the facility, and so his build up was a little bit behind. That being said, you look at the second half, he is in a really good spot when it comes to where his build up is at. The results weren't necessarily there. He did have a five nine to one era during spring, but he feels like he was able to work through a few things. His velocity was a tick down. But Dave Roberts was saying, even right now and some something they're really keeping an eye on, because when he was able to work through some of those mechanical changes, he's able to get back to where they like where he's at. He's obviously a very physical guy, and they feel like when his body is in sync, that's when the delivery isn't a really good spot. So for Emmett today, it's just about getting back into compete mode.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: Obviously these games are now meaningful. It's gonna be his first start of the regular season. He did have a very strong just second half of the season last year because his start was delayed due to coming back from having Tommy John surgery. So he's looking for a complete, healthy year and it's gonna it starts today and everyone feels very good as to where he is at right now.
Speaker 6: Hopefully he can come out tonight and put some zeros up on the scoreboard and we can see more of that electric Dodgers offense that we saw after the fifth inning last night. Careson appreciate it still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper out of this pitching matchup. David bat Say goes one on one with Clayton Kershaw, who is also getting his ring as a member of the championship team from last season. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts. Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Brongo Casino and Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you out to the first pitch on this Friday night, Dodgers and Diamondbacks Morongco Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam of four good times. Emen She and Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup Game two of one hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 4: First it set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy I've been starting the season on the il, recovering from off season ankle surgery, but he continues to do baseball activities and trending towards a return next month. So is Blake Snell brock Stewart throwing that is good news. We're coming from off season shoulder surgery. Bruce Dark gratteral on the iel Land and that Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips all on the il Key k Hernandez with the team but on the sixty day il to start the season after offseason elbow surgery on his non throwing arm. Let's head back out to the stadium and checking out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 11: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: You know, I heard, you know, rumblings. It's sort of layered, is I guess I could kind of tease it with that. It's it's substantial. I've heard that. I'm excited, but I haven't put eyes on it. I'm excited. I think that last year being able to, you know, being able to be presented those rings in front of our fans. I remember presenting the rings to the staff in the clubhouse. That was a special moment for the staff, to support staff and those guys. But yeah, I just I remember just getting it and being in awe of that piece of jewelry.
Speaker 12: Anyways, your issues playing what what do you do with your exactly now?
Speaker 11: You play it's just in a safe, in a safe. And I think that you know, Stan cast and wears his ring all the time, but I don't. I don't wear mine. I don't know. I don't know if it's presumptuous. It's not that I'm embarrassed of it, but I just kind of just keep it in a safe. How often do you look at all of I don't. I don't, but I know that I had no I have them, and I know we earned them.
Speaker 3: Looking to just.
Speaker 11: Today's Orals got his. There you go, There you go, Orals got his there you go, there you go.
Speaker 12: I host you on the them.
Speaker 10: Where are you hopef'll just when he come staying in with the seat and were able to kind of pull the healthy scait Forard.
Speaker 11: To Yeah, I think that you know, this is just the time to go out there and perform where where the numbers matter. And obviously, you know with players on the position player side the pitching side, there's always talk before the season gets started on where they're at, but this is where it counts, and so I think for us it's just UH had a brief conversation with him earlier, and he seems like he's in a good headspace, so just go out there and pitch, and I feel good with the guys we had behind him, and obviously offense offensively. We had a good night last night, so uh, you know, we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 4: Unless you get seven, it's higher dods.
Speaker 11: I think, uh, I think a lot of it was mechanical. I think that when your delivery is synced up, it just allows for your body to move the right way to deliver the baseball efficiently and with the right velocity. So I think that's one part of it. I do think that we've cleaned some things up, so it'll be interesting. But I'm expecting him, you know, to throw the baseball well, the slider and change up and sequence well. So these guys are seeing him a lot, so it's a little bit of a cat and mouse. But yeah, I think he's going to pitch well tonight.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the mager Dave Roberts talking about the rings that they are all good about to get here in just a couple of minutes, and about image sheha and getting the start tonight when we continue here.
Speaker 4: I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We'll check out with David Vat says we're leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. From you to clow Field at Dodger Stadium, first pitch to sevent ten. Tim Kates is back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night image Shean and Ryan Nelson. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpato, born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces El Pato gourmete in a can.
Speaker 2: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David.
Speaker 6: All right, David, last night took a turn around the lineup to get this offense going and to get after Zach Gallon.
Speaker 4: But once they did, they erupted for eight runs last night in the game.
Speaker 1: One win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it just seemed like the first time around seeing Zach Gallon. Uh, the guys opening day were a little overranged, swinging outside of the strike zone, and then once they settled in. You saw what happened in that fifth inning. But we all think about the Andy paj has three run home run. We don't think about what led up to that three run home run. He was Max Munsey working a long app bat against Gallon, taoscar Hernandez hustling up the line.
Speaker 13: So it's so interesting with the.
Speaker 5: Team that has won back to back championships that shouldn't be motivated, there's so many individuals that are motivated and as a group are motivated to make history. And I believe you're going to see, you know, an offensive explosion again tonight against Ryan Nelson in a very ordinary Diamondbacks bullpen.
Speaker 6: It's a special night for the players and coaching staff as they're about to get their rings.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got the stage set up right in front of the pitchers Maun. They have a blue carpet from the far end of the Dodger dugout leading up to that stage. My understanding is it's going to be the players and Dave Roberts receiving their rings. They had the two championship trophy set up right on the stage. Dodger owner Mark Walter is on the field, and Clayton Kershaw, who's going to join us later in the show, is ready to go to get his ring tonight as well.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by four and it's four truck Month. Now is the best time to get a Ford truck. Hurry in because four Truck Month only happens once a year. Get to your Southern California four dealers today.
Speaker 4: Damnity.
Speaker 6: You look at this Dodgers team one through nine. The lineup is strong, the pitching staff is really good. They bolstered their bullpen with the legitimate closer now in Edwin Diaz. Is this a Dodgers team that could be stopped? You think over the course of one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 5: I really don't see how they're deeper than what they were in the position player group than they were a year ago at this time. So the regular season they've mastered, but they're going to be more productive and also in the minor leagues. Arguably, the Dodgers have four outfielders in the minor leagues that could be major League players in the next six months to a year, not to mention Alex Friedland and Hei Sung Kim, who are right there as well. And when Tommy Edmond and Key Key Hernandez come back, they're even deeper. I feel like at some point they got five guys for one or two spots. When those two players get healthy, they star.
Speaker 6: Studded night out of Dodger Stadium tonight, David with a.
Speaker 4: Familiar face in the national anthem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brad Paisley is going to sing the national anthem. I'm hoping that Dodgers and Diamondbacks don't play eighteen innings because the last two World Series games that he performed the anthem for they each win eighteen innings. But yeah, it's great to have him out here. I thought the best anthem I've heard in a long time was the twenty twenty one anthem Brad performed when they allowed fans back in here.
Speaker 13: So he's excited to be here.
Speaker 5: He's actually here, not only with a guitar to perform the anthem, but he's gifting Mookie Betts one of his own personalized Brad Paisley Fender Electric guitars because he heard Nashville native is picking up learning how to play the guitar.
Speaker 4: Wow, very cool.
Speaker 6: I hear Anthony Anderson yelling in the background. So the ceremonies have started. All right, Dave, Let's time now for the Dodger Derby at Santa Anita. We picked the races we're gonna pick tomorrow, Saturday's first race post time at one o'clock. It's six and a half furlongs right now, only a five horse race.
Speaker 5: Who do you like, David, Let's go with a name that you know just feels good rolling off the tongue. There, it's Princess Midnight.
Speaker 4: Woo the number two horse, Princess Midnight.
Speaker 6: I'll go with the one horse, Hey, little lady, the one horse tomorrow at at sant Anita.
Speaker 4: Thank you, David.
Speaker 6: Santa Anita Derby is coming up on Saturday, April fourth, with millions in payoffs, full fields and exciting racing action. Explort Derby Day, five k Spring Carnival and more experienced packages. Reserve your seat and purchase early so you can save in Santa Anita dot com slash events. So to come here, I'm Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck. We will hear from Clayton Kershaw You're coming up in less than fifteen minutes. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks Game two, this three game set and is she and Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup? First pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 2: Hot Dog who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Snakes. Will go back to May ninth, last year in Arizona. The Dodgers in a slugfest with Arizona going back and forth. They would combine for twenty five runs. In the end, though, show Hey o Tani came up with a big home run.
Speaker 9: That's on deck, one out, two on, one ball, two strike pitch and Otani swagsity hammers at.
Speaker 7: Deep reckfield way back and gone a three run home run for show.
Speaker 1: Hi O, Tony, what a show he is incredible his twelfth home run Emma Dodgers with a sixth spot.
Speaker 5: Of the ninth lead at fourteen to two eleven.
Speaker 4: Can you believe this show?
Speaker 6: Hey Otani with the go ahead three run home run in the top half of the ninth inning, as the Dodgers would go on and win it by a final of fourteen to eleven. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Hoffey Soka's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofey Hottogs local and so great. When we continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we check in with Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 4: And Rick Monday. That's next. She'd lead you up to first Bitch.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kats' is back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season off.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday nights and Mansion gets the start time now for the Verizon startup is We're thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big.
Speaker 4: Visit the Verizon store today. We throw things over to Charlie Steiner, all right, Tim.
Speaker 9: After the eight to two wins for the Dodgers last night, Dave Roberts is the right word to describe his starting lineup relentless.
Speaker 1: Boy is it ever?
Speaker 4: Had ten hits last night. Seven of the ten hits came with two strikes.
Speaker 9: Of the nine batters in the lineup last night, nineteen silver Sluggers mode, the offense was on display.
Speaker 4: And we haven't even touched.
Speaker 8: You I'm a Moto yet. Yeah, it was kind of a strange game, Charlie. And by the way, great to have you back alongside and being able to do that broadcast. Yamavodo was terrific. In the top of the first inning, gave up a base hitting and picked off the runners, said yeh, I'll show you you get a hit off of me. And then Otani in the bottom of the first gets a base hit. But then the Dodgers' bats were basically quiet until the fifth inning, where they came up with four runs on the five hits. And he Pi has a three run home run and Will Smith the two run home run in the seventh inning. I thought that Bill Blucker the Orange County Register had a great line too. Referring to the offense again held a one hit through the first four innings, but then eight runs, nine hits on the next four. He called it a ticking time bomb type of an offense. He just was waiting for the fuse to be lit, and boy, when it got lit, it's not ordinary by any stretch imagination, and they just seemed to pick one another up and they said, Hey, we're maybe sick and tired of being sick and tired after the first four innings.
Speaker 9: Mooki last night after the game, talked about the offense, but from top to bottom, it's tough to get through, especially three times, and certainly the Diamondbacks found that out the hard way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly. And for Zach Gallon, he changed speeds very well in the first four innings. He kept the Dodgers kind of off balanced a little bit more, but they touched up for the relievers in that ballgame. A little different lineup tonight, as at Kyle Freeland will get the starting nod at second base and bat in the number nine spot, and we look at that offense. You and I have talked about this before. There's no respite if you're the opposing pitcher. There's no respite from one through nine and say, well, I've got a couple of guys these should be relatively easy outs. You don't see that in this Dodger offense. And keep in mind they still got Tommy Edmond on the men coming back. Watched him take batting practice earlier today. His swing looks fine. Now it's just about lateral movement defensively. But there's other guys waiting in the wings, including some of the starting pitchers, are getting closer and closer to maybe going out for rehab.
Speaker 9: Start nineteen silver sluggers in the lineup last night for the Dodgers. And now let's get to Yamamota. As we were watching the game, Clinton Kershaw had a tremendous quote talking about Yamamoto with great reverence. The ball comes out of his hand like a piece of argent.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And the other part too, is people stop and watch, and if they're really paying attention, they're going to learn something. And I think the guy who's pitching tonight, Emitt Sheen, has learned a lot by watching Yamamota, who's really he. I guess you would label him as a perfectionist when it comes to his mechanics in delivering the ball. He's able to repeat it pitch after pitch. And the nice thing is Kershaw also used the word edit because Yamamoto is able to edit things physically in the mechanics while he's actually in the ballgame.
Speaker 9: And that's exactly what Kershaw is able.
Speaker 4: To do in his great career.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, he has some hitters try to edit things too when they face and Kershaw is nice to see. By the way, the Lefty is out here tonight he will be presented the ring and I would imagine when his name is introduced, he's going to bring the house down as well.
Speaker 13: He should.
Speaker 9: Oh, by the way, if you haven't seen Beard Nun short hair, almost didn't recognize him yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, until he starts to talk about pitching, and he starts to talk about things. You know, he was seated right next to the Dodger dugout, and I would imagine it was probably a little awkward for him, to say the least, because he's used to being on the other side of that fence and being in the dugout.
Speaker 9: Kind a quick note about Andy pas This could well be his breakout year hit twenty seven last year, but there is at the bottom of the lineup.
Speaker 13: And oh what the night he had with the bat and with the glove.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and able to make We talked about edit with Yamamoto. Well, Andy pay Is. Keep in mind he was behind in the count one ball and two strikes. He fouled off one pence. Then he got a piss to his liking and hit the three run home run. Pie has also made a very good defensive play because now we're seeing a different setup that he has defensively that enables him to get better jumps with both feet on the ground and anticipating when that ball across his home plate and.
Speaker 9: Machine for the Dodgers tonight six and three at two eighty two ERI last year, Ryan Nelson goes for the dinonbacks, coming up with a bit tim All.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by our friends the City of Hope. Preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment of being the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus Curing cancer. City of Hope Champions of Hope make an appointment Today is cityo Hope dot Org still the coming on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this pitchy matchup. We'll also get you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Clayton Kershaw Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates as the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying yes is Morongo Dodgers one on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Diamondbacks image. She and Ran Nelson. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball brought to you our friends and Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes big TV stars return back home and don't forget the little people. And our guy, Clayton Kershaw has not forgotten the little people. After making such a successful television debut last night.
Speaker 13: Thanks a lot for the time, and man, you really clean up nicely.
Speaker 12: Thanks what was your name again?
Speaker 13: Exactly?
Speaker 5: I was curious you were so close to the dugout last night. You said you were in the twilight zone. Was the first couple of innings awkward being that close with the headset on?
Speaker 12: I mean, yeah, obviously I'd love to be in the dugout with these guys and watching the game. It's kind of I've done that a lot in my life, so I missed that. I missed kind of just being with everybody. But it was a cool gig to get to do and get to talk baseball, and you know, Oral and Luis and Jason up there, it was they did They made it easy on me, so it was it was really fun. And but yeah, I missed. I missed being the dugout for sure.
Speaker 5: What's it gonna be like for you tonight getting your ring and being part of this group again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 12: I I mean we always every time. Is this is a really special day. You know, it's opening day, ring day, and then the rest of the season, so these guys can have the rest of the season. But I get tonight, and I'm just I'm excited. I'm excited to see it. I heard it's pretty excessive, over the top, which is what it should be, and I'm just looking forward to it.
Speaker 13: Have you ever warn any of your other rings that you've won.
Speaker 12: No, but now that you mentioned it, I was gonna bring one out here to have all three on, and I didn't do that, so because I got it fitted for my right hand so I could wear like three at once. But they're not here. So let's put it on the record.
Speaker 5: Though, when you go out to dinner your friends, when you go back to Texas when you first came back, does everybody want to see it? And do you feel like it's a letdown if you don't bring it out to everybody at the dinner party.
Speaker 12: I'll leave it at the house. But my dinner party, what do you think I'm having dinner parties?
Speaker 13: You're retired, now, that's what you do.
Speaker 4: That's what you do.
Speaker 1: Get the tupperware, dude.
Speaker 12: No, But my Charlie's got a tournament this weekend, so I might I might tell the boys if they play good, they can see the ring.
Speaker 5: Clayton Kershaw is our guest NBC's Clayton Kershaw is at fair or should I say peacock?
Speaker 12: You can say either.
Speaker 4: I think probably NBC.
Speaker 5: Though everybody focused on the suit and tie. But I noticed it's very vacation, like bronze gold to your face.
Speaker 13: Where were you Fiji? Before Opening day?
Speaker 1: First spring break we've ever had?
Speaker 12: First spring break is a family non n azy. So you know, we were in Miami for the WBC. So we just stayed out there for spring break, stayed in Florida.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh, it's pretty great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, for I missed the WBC. I'm sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Where were you?
Speaker 13: I was watching spring training baseball?
Speaker 4: Oh? Nice, good, good for you.
Speaker 5: Hey, your buddy Brad Paisley's out here tonight performing the national anthem.
Speaker 13: Was this coordinated for him to be out here knowing that you would be here?
Speaker 12: Well, we texted, but I think it was a happenstance more than a coordination. But uh, he's really good at it. He asked me if we wanted to switch, and I sing the anthem and I said no, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Good choice, good choice, good choice. It seems like you're so at peace with all of this.
Speaker 5: It feels like you you understood what you contributed to the game, but you don't seem to have that fomo that guys that just retired usually have.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure that I'll kick in at some point, but I also know that, like I did, I did just about as much as I could. The everything was slowing down a little bit, and uh, just that there were so many factors, and then when you top it all off with the way it it's just like you can't really ask for anything more. So I'm at peace with all that. It doesn't mean I don't miss it. It doesn't mean I don't miss being around the guys and hanging out, flying with them, playing cards and just I just knew it was probably my time.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you'll have some sort of connection to the organization as time moves on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think I'll always be a Dodger. I want to help in any way I can.
Speaker 13: From afar.
Speaker 12: You know, there's probably not going to be much traveling in my future, but if I can help, you know, if I watch games, I know I'm gonna watch all the games. So if there's somebody that wants to talk or see something or whatever, I want to be a part of this group and I think Andrew let me do that so it'll be good, all right.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go, I'm just curious about, you know, all of that, any recruiting. Did you recruit Tucker? Were you trying to recruit Schooble during the World Baseball Classic?
Speaker 12: You know, think about the Dodgers? Is I don't I don't really know if you have to recruit anymore. You know, it just kind of everybody kind of knows a great place to be and uh, just by word of mouth, by other people being here. And so Tucker, Tucker figured it out, and I'm sure Scoops at the end of this year, if everything's even, he'll figure it out too.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks a lot. It's great to have you back here. Thanks, can't wait to see get that third ring.
Speaker 1: Dave, that's your name, That's what it is great to see.
Speaker 13: Thank you. They remember my name? Bob Costas is sidekick. Remember my name. Clayton Kershoff's been our guest, Tam. We'll send it back to you, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 12: DV.
Speaker 6: Great to hear Clayton Kershaw's voice. Doing a great job already as a TV analyst. Lean you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kase's back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night. First pitcher Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 2: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you buy here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Ryan Nelson on the mound of four Arizon a twenty eight year old right hander, fourth full season in the big leagues. A second round pick of the Snakes in twenty nineteen out of the University of Oregon. Last year, win seven to three with a three thirty nine ray, one hundred and thirty two strikeouts in thirty three games twenty three starts. He's making his fifth start and second at Dodger Stadium in his career. His last start September twenty fourth last year, he had a career high nine strikeouts and he gave up just three earned runs over six innings in four career starts, He's gone one to zero with a two to seventy four r RAY, one ninety three average and twenty strikeouts against them. Emmett Sheehan, the twenty six year old right hander, made his first opening day roster by being on the team yesterday and making his first start this year. Fourth season of the big leagues, but remember he missed all of twenty twenty four and the couple months of last year recovering from Tommy John surgery. Fastball slider change up last year six and three with a two to eighty two ERA in twelve starts and fifteen appearances. Kind of had an up and down spring, but good enough to make this rotation. Certainly, the injury to Blake Snell opened up the door and he took full advantage of that, winning the job as the Dodgers fifth starter in the rotation the right he has limited opponents to a one ninety six average in the big leagues in his time healthy. Finally, last year, Ima Sheen came back, but again coming off of Tommy John surgery. Now full offseason and here he is ready to go in a full twenty twenty six season.
Speaker 4: This is his first start ever.
Speaker 6: Against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Emmett Shean, Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Diamondbacks were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game, our next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo CASI know Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, Game two of this three game series. I'll wrap it up tomorrow night, then a rare Sunday off to start this opening homestand for the Dodgers image. She and Ryan Nelson the pitching matchups to get ready for the start of the game with the Sporo starts. Yeah, crack went open. Great moments. Start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preferences. So Poro has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo great with sushi, even better with baseball. Before first pitch, to head back out to the booth with the call Steven Nelson Brick Monday Guests.
Speaker 7: All right, TC, We're getting ready for first pitch. It is another lovely day, a little bit more hazy on this Friday afternoon in the evening than it was on Thursday when the Dodgers unveiled their twenty twenty five World Series banner. Of course, tonight the players and staff handed their twenty twenty five World Series rings. Ryan Nelson for Arizona, Emmet Sheen for the Dodgers won't give me an X factor or a thing to watch that.
Speaker 8: I think it was Shean how long he's going to go and finding emotion coming back from the injury, coming back from surgery. But if you look at the twelve starts, including three relief appearances a season ago, keep in mind he allowed just a one eighty five batting average against. When he's on, he is really on. And that's kind of the story. Also with Ryan Nelson, the Dodgers will have to figure out Nelson that good fastball that's increased in velocity, the slider, if it's on, it's going to get a lot of ground balls, and that's something that Dodgers have to deal with. But Nelson twenty three starts, ten relief appearances. Last year he was seven and three, and one thing about it, he doesn't walk too many batters, nor does Emmit Shean when both.
Speaker 7: Of them they're on, and that's you lead me into the final point on to make as we get it back to tim. Emmit Sheen's going to be a fascinating watch because how successful he was in regular season last year, in his fifteen outings at he era two point eight two and a whip below one. Well, obviously we saw the struggles in the postseason, and some of those struggles carried into spring training when he was just handing out walks. Had six in his ten and two thirds innings. Dave Roberts seemed to indicate that a lot of it was mechanical. We'll see if those were tuned up and sharpened up before his first real outing of twenty twenty six, which gets underway shortly.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you Nelly.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, coming up first pitch, Yeah, man, she and on the matt. Don't forget afterwards. David Vassi's got your cover of all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. Dodgers one to oh to start this season, and they get to two and zero. We'll find out next first pitch when we return. This has been Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 4: Listen the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network