Speaker 1: Good morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen Beaverville, come on in.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with us free of us to start later, please, I could never know what.
Speaker 2: The day with us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 1: We just grabbed every key demography, super duper.
Speaker 4: That's nice way to go, Nito Gay, Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 5: It is the twenty first day of October twenty twenty five. Good morning everybody, It's Tuesday morning. Good morning to you. Here's the Power Trip Morning Show. And my name is Chris Hockey and Corey kovs Back. I talked to him on his way in. Big Trip details from him. It's gonna be fun to hear about. I don't know, Robin the Louver. Where were you, sir? Johnny Bones on his way in. We've got Marti Gallarnard coming in and a new friend, Pat Harris, whom many of you in the Saint Paul community know, coming in. He's a new author, got a book about softball players from Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun.
Speaker 5: So all of that and so much more plus Jonathan Garnard Today at eight thirty Patrick Morning Show. Let's get her started with some comedy from Nate Bargatts. He's been a while, Nate, Let's get it on. Come on in, everybody. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 6: Door Dashes. What's gonna kill me? I mean, I look at it at night like it's tender. I ordered it one night so I like McDonald's and so I got number one with no onions. And McDonald's they do have a mcclurry, but they only let you do one size.
Speaker 2: I don't care for that.
Speaker 6: So I was gonna get a blizzard and I double dashed it. And double dashing is when you just keep pepper and the guy. You know, you're like, what else is open around you? You know, maybe go see if they got nerds in that gas station. So I ordered it, but for some reason, I thought it was gonna be the same guy. But they put it in two different drivers, so they separated. Now I'm like watching the GPS, and I'm like, they're gonna come at the same time.
Speaker 2: It could not like my worst nightman.
Speaker 6: So and I look at I need one of them to get in the wreck.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 6: I mean, I see them both. They both make the turn of the same time. I'm mortified. The McDonald's comes in, drops it off. Derek Ween has to let him back out.
Speaker 2: He was just in the could of.
Speaker 6: Sack like I was having construction done a mouse at eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: You just not go ahead the side, sweet and feet us on your side. You here, the distance thunders.
Speaker 1: This the Polo Morning Show. It is Tuesday, October twenty first of twenty twenty five. The bands back together. Good morning, guys. My name is Corey. That's Chris, that's Zach, that's Paul. Hi, guys, Hi, welcome, Welcome, Hello Corey, Hello, Hello, good goods that we're still here. Uh, Based on the vibe when I was leaving, Yeah, I thought it was going to be like a n Agatha Christie novel. I thought maybe half of you would remain by the time I got back the good.
Speaker 2: To see all of you. You're still here, Zach, you're still here, Chris, you're still here.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, just by the skin of my thumbnail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been next level if they fired me. The morning I was leaving for a ten day family vacation.
Speaker 5: We tried to talk them into it. I mean we really did. Yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: Brand Yeah, Hey, we know you got to catch a flight, but can we talk to you for a second.
Speaker 2: Sure, what about you're gone? Yeah? Have fun by Yeah cool? No, great to see all of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good to be here, Thank you. It's been a hell of a run, now, you lie. We got stories to tell.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I'm sure. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we got some good ones.
Speaker 5: Every day when I get done with the show, I walk around say goodbyte everybody. Yeah, just in case he does. He's not kidding for me and for everybody. You know, you never knew this might be it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking I don't want to I don't want to go through life saying man, I forgot say goodbye.
Speaker 2: The x d x xdx XDX is a rapper that works. Charlie. Yeah, yeah, you've never met Charlie. No, I've not Charlie XDX No, Charlie don't surf. Yeah, I've not met.
Speaker 1: I bet Chuck Manton did surf. He must have, right, well, I bet he did. He looks like a Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he was friends with the beach boys. Yeah, we don't have to beach boys. And he didn't do it very well. You drowned? Which one drowned? Dennis? Yeah, the menace, that's right, that's the one. Was that the one that was the one that knew Charlie? Yeah, got it on with all the ladies. Okay, so you're not trying to surf, just trying to do laps. I don't think it was in his pool. Oh I don't know. Hell, who knows? I say, yes, yeah it is. It was his pool. Maybe it was a hot sub like Matthew Perry or something. Yeah. Maybe it was a cold tub like the Minnesota bike. Well, we're all over it, that's what I'm saying. Who cares?
Speaker 1: So I was at the Louver a day and a half before the break in. Let's joping it out. I mean looking at the exhibits.
Speaker 2: Were you in France when it happened?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? And I was in Paris again, I was at the Louver Friday night. The robbery was what first thing Sunday morning?
Speaker 2: You tell us, Yeah, you tell us, Yeah, yeah, it's time to complack. Like, I don't know you.
Speaker 1: But I was in the Apollo room. I was in that exact room taking pictures. My wife took pictures. We saw those exact jewels on Friday night. And Zachary, did you go to the Louver when you were in Paris for a brief amount of time or now I rode by it? Okay, Chris, you've been in. You went in, Sauce, did you go in. You've been to Paris. I've been to Paris. We didn't have tickets, so we just wandered around though, got it. It was fun. I was I was kind of shocked at how little security there seemed to.
Speaker 2: Be once you actually got in. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And I'm not exagger You guys know me well enough to know this is the truth. I'm not a huge art guy. The whole time I was there, I was like, how would people steal this? How would people steal that? Could you get out through that window? Could you get out through that door? How come there aren't more armed guards? It looked like a lot of older volunteers. And then after the break in, my wife was showing me some articles. There's a lot of people that work at the Louver that complain about the lack of security. Oh my, but I freaking love how they they how they pulled this off because everything they did makes a ton of sense because I know now, I know how far that walk is from the entrance, and the fact that if you break into the loove when it opens, how long it would take the masses to get to that wing.
Speaker 2: It would take a handful of minutes.
Speaker 1: They got in and out in seven minutes, so long before it was packed to the gills, and I don't know if it's packed to the gills right away when it opens anyway, But I have so much respect for a heist team, and I'm not trying to do the uh.
Speaker 2: Robbery's wrong, No, I know it's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't want to, you know, throwing a brick through a window of a mom and pop shop and just a smashing grab.
Speaker 2: I got hurt, right.
Speaker 1: I love the true art of a heist.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of respect for it.
Speaker 1: I probably shouldn't because it's it's robbery, it's wrong, But I truly do love groups that are like, I think we can steal this. Let's spend the next couple of months, maybe a couple of years. Let's figure out how to do this. Let's dress up as construction workers. We'll get a ladder, We'll break through the second floor, window. We'll have motorcycles waiting. We can get in and get out if we do it right when it opens. There's nobody there. All I saw was a ton of cameras. Cameras don't stop robberies. They just maybe help you solve the crime of who did it. There were cameras a free where. Oh yeah, and of course I'm looking for the night fox esque laser beams.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I wonder where they shoot easiers at night. They didn't rob it at night. They ride it in broad daylight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they waited till the doors open. And you know how we knew it wasn't you go on? Because they rode away on motorcycles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a good live. I'm I'm not you. Why can't I ride a motorcycle? You'd have to ride? Bitch?
Speaker 1: You don't go, go go, We did it, don't wait? Wait wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do I have to ride bic and why ride a motorcycle? I can ride a bike? Your hands? Could I not ride a motorcycle the motorcycle before?
Speaker 2: No? But I mean, guys, how do you start it?
Speaker 1: I've ridden eyes okay, if I'm planning, If I'm planning, a heist.
Speaker 2: At the louver and the getaway is the motorcycle. Do you think the last thing? I'd be like, we got them boys, let's go crap. I didn't train to ride this thing.
Speaker 1: Get bitch, Gary, hold on to me, Gary, I don't know you're with Ace and Gart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dudes, f guys.
Speaker 1: So the only reason you knew it wasn't was the getaway on the she actually read the newspaper find out if somebody rode bitch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had a good laugh about it, we did.
Speaker 2: Ben said, maybe you were in a sidecart.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I felt you've gone through the loop. Chris, you can maybe relate or maybe not. I got really bored really fast, and I'll tell you why. I don't understand art. So you go into these giant halls and you're like, Wow, there's a painting hundreds of years old. It's epic, And then the one next to it looks almost identical, and then the one next to that one looks almost identical. Because you know they're showcasing artists in one gallery at a time.
Speaker 2: Well, you're like, cool, here's fifty of his. They all look the same. I'm not going to stare at each one of them try to get an emotion, so.
Speaker 1: You just kind of go, is this it? The marble sculpture Wing was sick. That was awesome. I can't steal those. I can't carry those when I'm riding bitch on a motorcycle. I got really bored, really fast because I saw some stories and if you really love art, you need like two full days at the Loop.
Speaker 2: We were there about two hours and I'd had enough. Oh yeah, I'd had enough.
Speaker 1: Saw them on a Lisa, saw a bunch of other cool sculptures, took the vibe in.
Speaker 2: I'm like, cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best part about the Loop is the building itself, but the architecture is spectacular.
Speaker 2: It's that's a piece of art, the actual museum.
Speaker 1: But I spent almost every second with of my time at the Louver analyzing how people.
Speaker 2: Would rob paintings and I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 1: And then a day and a half later, they took those freaking drools and we'll probably never see most of them again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whether they.
Speaker 1: Break them down and sell them piece by piece or hold them for ransom, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do, but I mean they they man, Well, that's fun. The Loover. What else did you do? Uh?
Speaker 1: Hit all the classics. Man to the Eiffel Tower. That was the best part. I think almost by a mile, kiddo, and I walked up half of it.
Speaker 2: It is a long as That was a workout, man, And you can see the ground the whole time. It's awesome. Freak Leffel Tower was awesome. I thought.
Speaker 1: See so many people told me Paris kind of sucks. I had really low expectations. I thought it was freaking electric. Loved it. Everybody was super nice and I was told to buy everybody that they don't like Americans and they're rude to us. They were so nice. Everybody was super nice.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had zero complaints about Paris. You were right about Leon. Leon's a nice little hydden gym. That city was fantastic. So we went Annissey to Leon to Paris and it was kind of perfect because any is a small like mountain lake town. That was awesome. Then we went to to a slightly bigger city and Leon. That's Gavin Cason's spot. Yeah, and then we went to Paris for the last four days. It was freaking spot All spots of.
Speaker 2: Rosies hadn't happened to him yet Yeah, I have so many jokes. We have so many was going to be more.
Speaker 8: Oh, come on, well something happened to somebody else, so we have new rosy builds.
Speaker 2: Well there's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, man, man, France was awesome. Yeah, I don't know why people are down on Paris. I thought it was absolutely uh electric a plus energy was awesome. Everywhere every direction you look, You're like, what building is that? That's spectacular? It's just people live there. This is a part that's an apartment building. The architecture in Paris is just never ending. It's like when you when when you see the movie Inception and they're creating those worlds with their mind and.
Speaker 2: They just fold on top of each other.
Speaker 1: It's just NonStop unbelievable buildings in Paris.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you go to the arch.
Speaker 1: That was like the only thing we did not get to is the Arctic Triumphant. Didn't go there, but went to everything else, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, did Notre Dame look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean i'd say, yeah, they're the top twenty five probably, but they're not.
Speaker 2: They won them. The towers were still a little crispy. Yeah, did you see the hunchback. You probably did that too, looking at you right now. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I had somebody say did you see the hunchback while you were at Notre Dame, And I go, no, he stayed in Minneapolis due to the power trip.
Speaker 2: It's the most obvious joke of all. But no, he's I think he's sitting in my chair always. Of course you have to say it.
Speaker 1: So the end of the trip, though, Uh, yesterday we get up at the butt crack of dawn five o'clock to get to the old airport. Charles de Gaulle airport was an absolute clown show, absolute chaos.
Speaker 2: That airport sucks so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a it's an absolute spaghetti junction of nonsense. Trying to get into that. It's terrible. And we were taking a new bird. I'm like, where is this guy going? It made no sense. Then you got there, it was absolute chaos in the airport. I'm like, man, this is a I'm glad we left early.
Speaker 2: This is nice.
Speaker 1: So then we get there. Our flight was scheduled to leave right around eleven. We start boarding ten minutes late, so we're like ten minutes behind schedule, and they start boarding Zone one and we're in zone eight, but who cares?
Speaker 2: We got a nine hour flight. Who cares? Then they start boarding zone two and then it stops and he doesn't pick up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what's going on here? They've been boarding zone in two, and like, now the line's not moving.
Speaker 2: It's going on.
Speaker 1: Then everybody that's in line to get on the plane starts getting something told to them, and we're forty yards away because the airport's gigantic and the plane's gigantic. And then one by one everybody starts going to sit back down in their chairs, and I'm like, whoa, they're sending people back.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: And somebody walks over and says they have a computer issue. They're trying to figure it out. Well, the AWS outage, the Amazon Web service, Yeah, oh yeah, the trickle down effect, which I had no idea in Zach, I'm sure this is right in your wheelhouse. I had no idea that so many things were connected to the same kind of hub.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, I had no idea to yesterday.
Speaker 1: So what we were told, if this is the truth, and I don't know if this is a half truth or the whole truth. We were told that the flight plan from Paris to Minneapolis was downloading in the middle of the outage, so they didn't have a complete flight plan.
Speaker 2: So there was.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with the plane, but they couldn't take off until it was downloaded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have to look out the window see where they were.
Speaker 1: Yep, correct, So so the delay was almost four hours.
Speaker 2: Whoa yucky chuch.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm trying to go homes the worst.
Speaker 2: So think but they think about this. We missed it by minutes they were boarding.
Speaker 1: Hey, so we were we were you know, if we had gotten on the plane, if they had downloaded it within the next ten minutes or whatever, we're good to go. We missed that window by just minutes, and then we had to wait four freaking hours at the airport then download a flight plan.
Speaker 2: That's brutal. Idiots, And you know, my.
Speaker 1: Girls are good travelers, but still with an eleven year old wants to get home.
Speaker 2: We were at the.
Speaker 1: Airport for five and a half hours, almost six hours, and then a nine hour flight. That was a long day. She did an awesome job. The rest of us obviously, whatever, we'll get through a bit. Yeah, man, that was a rough, rough day for the kiddo.
Speaker 2: But she did good. She started rough talking people. Yeah, she wanted to Oh, man, man, that sucks.
Speaker 1: So you saw the list of all those websites and apps that go down when AWS goes down?
Speaker 2: For sure, man, Delta apparently was one of them.
Speaker 5: Man, I like, there wasn't a company that I didn't see on the list to be as I know, General Mills in town here was having issues.
Speaker 2: Yet everybody Yeah who knew? Right? Yeah, who knew? Who knew? I bet Johnny Bones knew.
Speaker 5: Johnny sort of a bitch. Twins Daily down yesterday Twins Daly was knocked down. See how you guys are all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so problems exactly, and apparently everybody else that's connected to them.
Speaker 2: And we half Amazon we have, I mean that is who we use. And so that's what I didn't understand. I don't know why are you not affected? But my flight plan was his pilots were lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they didn't know where they were. A good thing had happened. When you're on the ground, they've been out there going is that Africa? What are we doing? I don't think we're going the right way.
Speaker 1: If you hit Chad, you've gone too far. Please please pilots don't wing it, just wait for the flight plan.
Speaker 2: I get it. But Manu.
Speaker 4: Delta wi fi in the way. Yeah, no, kiddy, I mean you got the first half.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, somewhere Pa is having a bad dream. You just said those words and made pair shaped.
Speaker 1: So no, I did not steal the jewels from the louver, but you wouldn't tell us. That is very true. But again, if you've been listening to the power to your morning show as long as I've been saying that I want to do a heist, this is kind of the giveaway. But I mean, if Dov is not in prison, then the.
Speaker 2: Heist was not mine. I haven't talked to him. Yeah, but he's not in jail. But one of the wildest coincidences.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were in Paris at the Loup of a day and a half before we got hoisted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got boosted. Yeah, got a rough talk.
Speaker 5: It's like if you guys read that there was a prostitution staying in Rogers, you'd be exactly the son of a bitch. I guess where's Hawk at? Yeah, I guess we're doing the show without him today.
Speaker 2: I wait to go Hawk.
Speaker 9: I've got to tell you as an official member of your heist team. Yeah, I do have some insight on the best way to get into the museums.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, pass a second floor ladder, bust through the window, and I've getting out and within seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's the easy way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sauce, I would love to come over to your house and steal all your leaves out of your gutter.
Speaker 2: Well, there aren't any.
Speaker 8: To steal them all off the ground thanks to my friends at gut Her Helmet Gutter Helmet mn dot com.
Speaker 1: Never clean your gutters again. All right, all of us are still employed. All of us are back to bands, back together.
Speaker 2: More the power to a morning show after this on the fan.
Speaker 4: We all remember that one teacher who made a different named in us challenge us just made learning fun.
Speaker 2: That was your chance to say thank you in a big way with I already is thank you teacher.
Speaker 4: Powered by donors shoes help us say thank you to the teachers educating and shaping our future. Nomina your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 5: That's right, Miss screen Jeans. I'll never forget her.
Speaker 2: It's really something what she teach.
Speaker 5: Life, What she wear strangely enough shorts. All you're wrong, I shouldn't want to be uh you know, on the nose.
Speaker 2: I mean showing them wearing green jeans, if you know what I mean. But boy, she was really something stacked with knowledge? Okay, okay, I stacked with knowledge? So what else? What else did I miss? I listened.
Speaker 1: I listened to a couple of moments of The Power Trip. I definitely listened.
Speaker 2: On Friday. I heard Melendez Brothers. I heard that bitch. I just can't do it. I still can't get over that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know if you realize this, but again I have to go back and listen for the stats. So I listened live and then uh, yesterday I went back and listened again just so I could drop the stats down. Do you know the item before that, right before in number ten, because you had a good lead and let Marnie get back in and you're like, god, I.
Speaker 2: Blew this game. And that was before you said Melendez Brothers. Yeah, yeah, it was. That was a weird day. I was still I was a little worried about Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that distracted me, sure, And then uh, like uh, I yeah, it was just a weird game. And then I said, Melendez, I was so excited because I got MANDI figured out it came in my braid.
Speaker 2: And then uh, just like just like Matt Boldie, you're clearly listening from Afar.
Speaker 1: You clearly were the one who figured it out first and just couldn't think of his freaking name.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that. Yeah, yes, yeah, well they were good. The first one was super good. What was the first one, marching band? Yeah, Chris got that one symbol that was good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Melendez brothers that you were so rock Yeah, got by Mark Parrish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he crawled on top of me. Was good.
Speaker 1: Love. Game six be in Vegas this Friday. Oh wow, Las Vegas, Nevada, sir?
Speaker 2: That is correct. Are you going to be there, Johnny Bones? I will be. You're going to be playing? Could would you like they? H? I think you can plan on this. I've got I always make those. Yeah, you'll make it over your walk down there. I might not be one hundred percent who is who is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, it's all good. We have no Parish, no Marnie. We're gonna need somebody to play. It'll be uh yeah, it'll be Zachary again. I can be that somebody sure arkansauce. Yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 8: Damn right, fine, were we broadcasting on Fridays ext tims watch bar in New York, New York, New York.
Speaker 5: New York starts spread the news. Everybody will be there and it's free. Come on down, just really hang out. And if you haven't decided yet, decide right now, come on now?
Speaker 2: Is there a watch party Thursday night? There is?
Speaker 4: Uh, it will be a Thursday night and a Saturday afternoon late morning, early afternoon twelve thirty for.
Speaker 9: The Gophers Gophers US.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so all the time is.
Speaker 1: The Vikings game likely going to end and your duties are going to be finished on Thursday night when you're in LA.
Speaker 5: Local time out there, I'm hoping that we get on the road by nine thirty, but that is kind of because we have to get out of that parking lot, hm, and I have to get my work done first, and I'm gonna tell you guys, getting it and out of there in a bus with a police escort is not easy, right, lood alone, getting out of there as a regular old person.
Speaker 1: You think optimistically, nine to thirty l a time, right, That's that's very You have to be to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Our show starts at three thirty.
Speaker 1: Vegas time, that is right, yes, yes, so, and it's what almost a four hour drive? Yeah, I'm gonna go three and a half four four. Yeah, and your plan is to sleep while Spencer drives. Try to sleep. No, you're gonna be awake.
Speaker 2: I have to keep them awake, if you know me.
Speaker 1: So, worst case scenario is there is there a Vegas on the West coast time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you same time? So I figured it was. I wasn't sure.
Speaker 1: This was one of those weird Arizona and no daylight savings.
Speaker 2: Bits for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So at the latest you have to be out of there by about eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, you get a little bit of a window. Yeah, you'll make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you missed the first thirty minutes of the show, it might be kind of funny anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're stilling in, rolling in, rolling in, Yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: So Chris is going to be in La Thursday, driving to Vegas Thursday night into Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Power Tip Friday Morning Live from Las Vegas.
Speaker 9: Right, so, hold on, the bus takes you what to the airport, then you rent a car.
Speaker 5: Spencer's going to meet me at the game. When my duties are done with the vikings and we're loaded up and the equipment's in the truck, I will run out the door and meet Spencer at his car in the park. Is he going to the game or just take it to get into the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know this is gonna be great.
Speaker 5: It's gonna cost me before I get to Vegas, I'll be about five hundred dollars. But hey, that's what I do for this company because I love this company.
Speaker 2: That's what I am as a team player. And you know what's great about it is they will remember that next time. It matters.
Speaker 5: Of course, everybody said thank you. I can't walk down the hallway without somebody saying thank you to me. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Well, they'll read anybody there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get insurance on that rental car. It's not a rental car, it's his personal call. So we're holloing balls in that. I don't care how fast you drive.
Speaker 2: I'm just in case you have an accident.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to try to keep myself from making him turn left into the barrier.
Speaker 2: Yep. Oh, speaking of a last last the last trip.
Speaker 1: Note, you remember when Jesse Venturia famously said that Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: Was trunk Irishman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drunk irishman basically designed it. And there are roads in one way. Paris is the exact same way.
Speaker 2: Holy, you know, I didn't. I didn't have a rental car. We just took ubers.
Speaker 1: But sitting in the front seat, sitting shotgun, sitting bitch like I was during the heist.
Speaker 2: Holding hands, he didn't fall out.
Speaker 1: You try to mentally go through the like could I drive in this city? And the answer is unequivocally null because I don't understand any of the signs in the language. But almost every time they made a turn, I go, They can't. That's not a road. Oh yeah it is, you know, Like I couldn't believe how how uh don't know, nonsensical the layout is. But again that's just the way the city is.
Speaker 2: Cars.
Speaker 1: So there's bike lanes everywhere, there's people on scooters everywhere, people that walk everywhere, and they seem to never look either way, just like I'm just gonna walk.
Speaker 2: No one hits me. It.
Speaker 1: It was a kind of anxiety inducing just watching somebody uber us through the city. The streets you did not rent the car at all, No, and I never will not in Paris, no, no chance, don't chally.
Speaker 2: I could not drive in that city countryside on the correct side of the road, though they do, that is true.
Speaker 1: No, we took a train from Leon to Paris, so no, uh, no rental car at all. And that's the best decision we made in those ten days.
Speaker 2: So since the trip to Dublin.
Speaker 9: We rented a car on that trip, and I'm not allowed to rent a car in a foreign country since then because I did have a car accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody got pregnant. Yeah trip.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: Well, I've got a friend whose kid is getting married in Costa Rica in December, And did you you go to Costa Rica? You have to drive like either you're staying in the capital city or you're driving, because the stuff to see is all like natural and out outside the city. So I might be tackling tackling what a record, I suppose as little as she trusts me, I'm betting she trusts herself even less. But that's gonna be good training because next time we go to Japan, I think we're gonna want to drive.
Speaker 2: That one is the one that intimidates me like.
Speaker 9: That you shot at signs in Japan.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 8: No, Yeah, I've driven in Ireland. It's different. Yeah, it's intense.
Speaker 5: Isn't it a claustrophobic feeling to not speak the language? I mean, I have so much respect to people who do, and and I'm so much more tolerant of people who don't speak English now when I when I run into somebody over here, Because when I was in Greece that time, and I couldn't find the direction of the hotel I needed to go in because English wasn't even the third or fourth language. There was not a sign anywhere or a person anywhere that spoke English, and I felt, I mean.
Speaker 2: Completely lost on the planet and helpless. I think what you just said, though, is the key.
Speaker 1: Everybody that told me that everybody in Paris is rude and they don't like Americans.
Speaker 2: I think that's the key. Is flip it for a second.
Speaker 1: Right, if somebody walked up to you and spoke no English but demanded immediate help with attitude, you'd be like, I don't know what you're saying. I would be confrontational and probably a little rude back. So we went over the top. The other way, right, We were trying to be as apologetic as possible. We tried to be as polite as possible. We asked everybody if they spoke English, without just assuming they did. And as long as you try and say like you know, polyvoo and lay and knowledge, they and that's even terrible French. Yeah, but they were so helpful if you made it clear, like look, we just we need help. We're very sorry. Therefore inconveniencing you. They were awesome to us. Yea, but it is very like you said, claustrophobic to just go. Man, if this person doesn't help us, how are we going to figure this out? Because I can't read one word on this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I'll say this. It's it's amazing how many places do speak English, like any place in Europe almost it feels like you're going to run into somebody who can speak Yet.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, for the longest time, it has been the dominant language, right right.
Speaker 9: I mean, as somebody who backpacked across Europe thirty years ago, I can't believe how much different it is in terms of people. And even then it was even then it was fairly prevalent. It wasn't intimidating. Now, like Tokyo is absolutely everybody speaks English, even in like which is not a huge town in Japan. There's so many signs in English or menus in English. You would soul Korea. You can find men used to such an English. Now each of these you were to Cairo. It's a little different story makeup.
Speaker 2: Is there a combinations? Like is there a reason like Spor's name support Supporo Brewery is from Supporo. Oh so it's not Supporo you think of Sophora. That's where I get my makeup. That's it. Yeah, this is a beer. Yeah, I thought you would recognize the beer. Dad.
Speaker 9: But but like Cairo, that things then that's like you do feel exposed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't read hieroglyphics or what. Yeah, Arabic. I did try to learn some dual link.
Speaker 9: I went to do a lingo to try to learn Arabic before Holy moly, that's a tricky language.
Speaker 5: I bet we break front paid Sports after this Power to your morning show on.
Speaker 2: The Fanny Rubes.
Speaker 4: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one cafe and listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice. Set over to Cafe dot comic cubored contests. Learn more on Enter Today. That's cafean dot com keyword contests.
Speaker 5: Oh, Corey, Oh Corey, Yes, Steve Ferry, there's been so much well, well, there's been.
Speaker 2: So many things, all of us.
Speaker 5: By the way, everybody, everybody essocial with the parture of morning show has watched Chad Powers, and uniquely it's one power trip tomatoes.
Speaker 2: I'm calling bs on that there's no way Okay, well maybe right. I don't believe Sauce has watched Chad Powers. He hasn't, and I don't know why, because he says he likes me. And I've asked him for one thing. I love you thing. I've asked him for one thing. No, you asked me for that other thing this morning, that phone. I've asked him for two things.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, you're watching Chad Powers, one of the all time great limited series in the history of television.
Speaker 2: Just concluded. It's a one hundred, one hundred. I've made it through episode four. Oh, he's such emotional. Wait till you get to the end. Task is one you guys are not talking me into it.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's it is, It's perfect.
Speaker 2: No I haven't seen it yet. I'm kind of I'm kind of over the FBI.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's not about the FBI, it's not That's not what it's about. It happens to be about an FBI task force, but that's not what the show is about.
Speaker 2: It's so freaking good.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mark Ruffalo, Holy Cow and Tom Pelfrey. But task is in the conversation for the greatest, you know, it's I hope they don't do a second season. I don't think they're going to. It is a limited series. The story is complete, right, Tom stories complete, Robbie stories complete.
Speaker 2: All the stories have a completion of source.
Speaker 7: Robbie, I feel that brother on the TV show.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's if you if you look at the shows that are one season stories now, I know shows like True Detective have multiple one season stories, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Far Ago, which is cool.
Speaker 1: I like that this is in the conversation as a top three or four or five one season show of all time.
Speaker 2: It's that good. It's outstanding, and thousand out of a thousand.
Speaker 8: I would, uh hawk, I would maybe I'd skip it if I were you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the emotion hip. But it's freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: It's art. It's so good. We'll rip your heart out. But it's unbelievable. It's so good. If you watch one episode, Corey one.
Speaker 10: It has to be just one because here is TRIVIU, because if you watch it, you like it than everybody you'll watch because Corey likes it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's fairness, Chris. If you played baseball and John you know this. If you hit like three point thirty, you're in the Hall of Fame. Sure, and that's about what Chris hits. With TV recommendation. I bet more in the nine hundred range. I missed once in a while.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's one episode. I happen to watch one episode.
Speaker 5: She was like, all right, it's funny, it's good, and it's just raising canes.
Speaker 2: I know there's a cane's connection to Chad Power.
Speaker 5: You go, there's Chad Powers raising canes. We were down on the campus and there was Chad.
Speaker 2: Were the other chat.
Speaker 1: I like, how to get to get Chris to watch one of the all time greatly this series.
Speaker 3: I have to watch Chad Power equivalent exchange to one episode. What if you'll watch one episode of El's Beth. No, No, I really watched Chad Power.
Speaker 5: I'm holding straw to Chad Powers because I think you guys will like it if you give it a shot. I'm not saying it's going to change the world. I'm just saying it's really well done. I'm sure it's not terrible, but tasking.
Speaker 2: I also see he's your guy, all right.
Speaker 9: I also you underestimate Corey's ability to go into it something with a negative thought process and just maintain it no matter.
Speaker 2: I just said the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: That's what I loved about Paris is everybody crapped on it so hard. I had low expectations. I'm like, what this city is amazing?
Speaker 7: I felt when I was in Paris, right, I was just saying that yesterday. I feel like for a long time, people viewed it as overrated for so long that it actually became sneaky underrated, sneaky underrated.
Speaker 2: Loved it. So anyway, I see it's in Paris and Chad Powers say, we have a deal.
Speaker 5: It's a half hour your life Paris and Chad Powers.
Speaker 2: Half It's a half hour your life just one episode. I watched the first one. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to watch one episode of Chad Powers and then in exchange, you get to watch one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever seems fair sacrifice, I'm willing to make. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Task is God tear. It's in the goat category. That freaking good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could.
Speaker 1: Do Remember we did the Remember we watched Patriot on on Amazon and then we did like a standalone spoiler podcast. We could do about a five hour podcast on Task and breakdown. How awesome almost the entire series is in every performance, all of them. It's writing, the acting, the directing. It's freaking awesome. Really is amazing, and it or not, yes, God, and it goes. I mean when you think it's over, it's really only just beginning. The timing of it is part of the brilliant You're like, oh, they're going to do this now, there's three episodes left. What they did a lot of things that most shows do not get away with because they're not good enough to pull off with Task pulled off.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Gods that watch our sports set it by Holiday station stars.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll get to the Holliday reading a second. Both of us shouldn't the have to be that both of us have to watch one episode of chat.
Speaker 5: Why is it just because if you watch it and you say you like it, but then he'll watch it because he's a follower.
Speaker 2: If but what if I watch it and go? What if I watch it and go? I won't watch it even.
Speaker 5: If you don't understand that it is enough to make him go bust be pretty good again.
Speaker 9: I think he underestimates US's ability to hang on to something just out of spite.
Speaker 2: He's just like everybody else in this building. He won't do a single thing for me. I love you.
Speaker 4: Cory has got a lot of pride and not this month. But if you do like it, will you even admit that you did like it? Ted Lasso, I was super skeptical.
Speaker 2: Who said that it was going to Yeah? Chris, Chris nailed. He bats like one out of three, that's right.
Speaker 1: He also tells us about things like Eliabeth and like the new Matlock.
Speaker 2: And to Zacho. Yeah, I'm on your side. That sounds like it.
Speaker 5: I'll try your side one.
Speaker 2: You know what happened? All right?
Speaker 1: Holiday Station stores holidays the best we love holiday. You know what else you can get at holiday is freaking red Bull. Go get some Red Bull by two get one free those eight and a half ounce Red Bulls. You can mix and match any flavors of Red bull that you want. Sugar Free Classic and these special editions get three for the price of two for a limited time at Holiday.
Speaker 2: Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 1: Part of going on vacation, John Bonus is disconnecting from sports. Yes, obviously I didn't have a chance to watch the Vikings game. I followed along on Twitter, but didn't watch it. One thing I didn't watch at all is I lost complete track of baseball, and I mean complete track. My dad texted me about Otani's game. My dad's eighty seven, so he can't believe that O'tani did what he did outstanding. I found out this morning that there was a Game seven in the Alcyes and that the Blue Jays had won it four to three thanks to George Springer. George Springer hits a three run home run in the seventh to give the Blue Jays a four to three lead. They win the game four to three. Game seven, they move on to the World Series to face the Dodgers Toronto. Moving out to the World Series and the first time since nineteen ninety three, it.
Speaker 9: Was the first time the Blue Jays have ever been in a Game seven, which we did not.
Speaker 2: We figured that because when they won the first of all. I mean it's because back when.
Speaker 9: They I mean the last time they were in the World Series with nineteen ninety three, the last time they were in the Alcs and such was way back then, and at that time those were still five game series or six game series or something. And then when they won the World Series, it was game six. So we dial a little research yesterday while we were on a work call with various owners of various websites, and that came up.
Speaker 2: That was their first game seven. So yeah, you know.
Speaker 9: I have a soft spot for Seattle because I just loved watching Jorge Polanco. But I also have a soft spot for the Blue Jays because I own a website that concentrates on the Blue Jays. Jay Center have a Blue Jay's website too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that, Yes, I mean, I knew you had a handful of other teams around the country, but the Blue Jays.
Speaker 9: What is it called Jay's Center, But it's spelled the Canadian Way C E N T R.
Speaker 2: E of course, yeh here it is.
Speaker 7: Jez Tommy stumbled upon the website he was looking for something else.
Speaker 1: I was looking for Jas Center, who writes for J's Center that we could follow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, we've got and we've got I mean.
Speaker 9: But mostly I was rooting for them, not because of the website itself, but because the writers who are there care so much about that game, like watching them in the Slack channel and such get so excited about this is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So as a baseball fan, though, weren't you cheering for the Mariners to make their first ever World So they've never been.
Speaker 9: But I said, I'm and I Horrit Polanco is one of my probably favorite twins that we've had over here for the last twenty years, and so I was definitely kind of rooting for the Seattle just because, Yeah, that fan basis suffered for a long time. And I'm still a little bitter about the nineteen ninety three World Series where Joe Carter hit a home run off of Mitch Williams.
Speaker 2: I don't let that thirty two year old grads go easily.
Speaker 9: So yes, fun time, fun to see, fun to see a game seven happen, and it's uh, we'll see what happens here in well.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers series, I mean Dodgers are just.
Speaker 9: The way they mowed down the Brewers. Surprised me that their starting pitching was just that dominant.
Speaker 2: Brewers score four runs total something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 9: We I think last time we got together, we had just watched the Brewers lose two to one on what was a close game in the bottom of the ninth bases loaded two outs, et cetera, and the chased a high fastball to be out and that was really their only chance of ever competing in that that series. So yeah, they I mean, the Dodgers pitching got very hot at just the right time, which if people were not that impressed with Dodgers pitching for most of this year, and boy it looks good now.
Speaker 2: So Blue Jays and Dodgers start win Friday.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, yeah in Vegas, Baby, I'll tell you what I'm saying, John Oh, I'm so excited Friday night in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'll watch Blue Jays Dodgers with you if you watch the first episode of Chad Powers.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, Johnny Bone. Sure, Yes, what did I make that? I want to do that in Vegas. I have a watch party for Chad Powers.
Speaker 1: What really matters after this scores and stats around the World of Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trimony Show on the fan.
Speaker 11: Man, Adam Sandler, Grand Casino Arena, Adam Sandler tomorrow night.
Speaker 12: We have yours shot at tickets every hour on the Power Trip through tomorrow and that includes right now, collar eleven and fifty three, twenty six. You are going to see Adam Sandler, the legendary comedian, tomorrow night at Grand Casino Arena.
Speaker 2: Good luck. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: And again Grand Casino Arena, because that still seems to be very confusing for everybody. Yeah, man, I understand because when you hear somebody say Grand Casina Arena, you're already like, oh wow, that's cool, and then you realize they're talking about the X.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially you're talking about a comedy show exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like Zasti calls US Bank Stadium the Metrodome.
Speaker 2: I do the time. Yeah, it's a problem. You're going to figure it out eventually, though I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 2: In between, Crystal, change your life with something else.
Speaker 5: You got that, right, buddy boy.
Speaker 1: Minnesota Wild defeated the New York Rangers of Anaheim three to one goals by Brodin and you're off. And then the Corilla had the empty netters. So three to one the Minnesota Wild.
Speaker 2: Beat the New York Rangers. Pull your hands up. Do you know many home goals the Rangers have scored?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm kind of cheating because they are four and oh at home, so they have not one at home. They scored one last night, so my guess is something like three one.
Speaker 2: That's the only one. Yep. Really, yikes, you know it's not good.
Speaker 13: It came into the game, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Wild are at the New Jersey Devils tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And they're home on Saturday. Do you know who the Minnesota Wild play on Saturday? I will guess the Philadelphia Flyers. No, they played them lost and they don't want to score the game winning Gold Corps Dusty guy case which one is his brother stolen the team too or not? No?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, And I got to watch that with a room full of Eagles fans. Grossly uh Chicago Black No Hawks.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to say that.
Speaker 9: The Toronto the Utah Mammoth.
Speaker 1: The Mammoth make their first appearance the Man this Saturday. Like the logo like the name. Let's go man, why not, We'll be able to watch that in Vegas too, Sure? Sure, so much to watch in Vegas, like Tears for Fears?
Speaker 2: How about that? I know in Tesla? Tesla's there too together. Probably not.
Speaker 1: If I watched the first episode of Chad Powers. Will you go watch Tesla in Vegas?
Speaker 2: You know what? He's not allowed. I see Tears for Fears? I thought, how could go see that? He loved? He was on like a hard Tears for Fears kick, like.
Speaker 9: I love you. The hurting is right here, Wheelhouse there, sauce.
Speaker 2: What do you hate more? Crying or being afraid? Oh? Being afraid. I don't like being afraid. I love I love crying.
Speaker 1: Good for you, man, man, Yeah that's all I did, said, you sob like hell at the end of task.
Speaker 2: Sobbed, and then I sobbed telling my wife about it. Yeah, you got a problem. Do you not want to watch Johnny Bones? You're almost there? But what really matters is this sowing the seeds of love? That all matters? Yes? Yes.
Speaker 5: After the French Revolution, the Mona Lisa painting was moved to the Livre spent a brief period in the bedroom of Napoleon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Yeah, she's smiling or not. You can't tell, can you? She's mocking me, She's seen some things.
Speaker 5: Tell she's facing the Mona Lisa was not widely known outside the art world.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eleven.
Speaker 5: On August twenty first, the painting was stolen from the Livre.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there.
Speaker 5: The painting was reported missing the next day by Louis Ball, a painter, after some confusion as to whether the painting was being photographed somewhere or something which is weird. In nineteen I'll be okay, the louver was closed for a week for investigation. French put gillmoul came under suspicion. He was arrested. He was imprisoned, implicated his friend Pablo Picasso, who was brought in for questioning.
Speaker 2: Both were later exonerated.
Speaker 5: The real culprit was the Louvers employee, Vincent de Peru GIP, who had helped construct the painting's glass case. He carried out the theft by entering the building during regular hours, hiding in a broom closet devil TV Hill, and just walking out with the painting hidden under his coat. After the museum closed. He was an Italian patriotor believed that Leo, now those paintings should have written down to the Italian Museum. That's why it became popular because it was such a scandal, as you pointed out to me during the break, Johnny Bones. A year after the theft, the Saturday Evening Post journalist Carl Decker wrote that I lost my spot, wrote that he met and alleged to accomplice who claimed to have masterminded the theft, and that story just blew the place open wide.
Speaker 2: And then everybody wanted.
Speaker 5: To see the Mona, Lisa, I tell you about how it was returned by Ain't got time for that.
Speaker 1: I like the concept of Picasso doing it, even though it sounds like exactly Picasso being the one who steals it is epic. That would be like if Steve Balmer stole the first iPhone right out of Steve Jobs.
Speaker 2: Like, there's no way Bahmer's rich, He's not. Oh yes, no, he wants it. That's funny.
Speaker 1: It's like Slugworth breaking in a Walka's chocolate Factory's stealing a recipe for everlasting gap stoppers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two questions.
Speaker 4: Were they competitive back in the day, Like, were they did artists against each other. I'm sure would Mona Lisa do anything for you? Hawk like the painting? Like could you? Would you like if it was in the bathroom?
Speaker 2: You nothing else?
Speaker 5: Listen, I got thrown out of the loover because you.
Speaker 2: Brought move Why do you think they have glass and the painting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a target to me, and it's fifteen feet away, so good luck.
Speaker 2: I want to see if I could make her smile and or frown or just give me that sad look. I think that slight smirk is like he's trying. I guess they don't get bigger with time. He's doing this, Oh Mona Lisa.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've always said that the Mona Lisa is not the most famous painting because it's, you know, the best painting or something like. It's because it just happened to get stolen just when newspapers were suddenly becoming a huge media influence.
Speaker 2: When I knew her, she was just known as Lisa.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, it just happened to get still in it caught Herbay's imagination. You can just walk out of it. Well, I mean you think your heist was impressive. This guy just hid in a burp closet, walked out with an under his coat Looney Tunes style.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 9: I love to say somebody else is like I met the mastermind behind it, who play into the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But it's it's like we learn in that mcmillion's documentary about the McDonald's problem right back in the days. It's not about how elaborate it is, it's how it's how exact it is. If the easiest way to steal it is to hide in a broom closet and walk out, that's what it is, right, Ocean's twelve simplest, simplic They didn't have to dance through the laser field.
Speaker 2: They stole it like two weeks before. Yeah, well even this new one didn't.
Speaker 7: They just basically climb up a cherry picker type thing, walk smash the glass, walk in and walk out and roll out on motorcycles. It's not like it was super complicated, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean yeah, I mean I don't know what they did my turn.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of football games last night, two Monday nighters. The one that went really selled for Buccaneers fans is the loss to the Lions twenty four to nine. But They also lost Mike Evans for probably most, if not all, of the rest of the season broken collarbones.
Speaker 2: That streak's going to end.
Speaker 1: Eleven consecutive thousand yard had seasons for Mike Evans, tied with Jerry Rice for the most in NFL history. That's coming to an end. Both excuse me, both teams now five and two. That was a hideous injury. The fact that the Lions have held that's one of the better offenses in football. They held them to nine points. That the Lions are a scary football team. Man Gibbs was a monster last night. A mon Ross Saint Brown is also outstanding. That that that might be a super Bowl team in the Lions, that's how good they are.
Speaker 2: It was a hell of a sports breakdown. That didn't somebody bet you? Yeah, Lieber took the Buccaneers plus six and a half. Yeah, I'm glad I didn't. Yeah, because I would have.
Speaker 5: I thought for sure that Baker find a way to get at least within a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was wrong.
Speaker 8: They had a couple of opportunities because the Lions weren't their offensive self where they would just score almost every possession. They stalled out on a few drives and had a couple of weird turnovers. But yeah, the Lions are five and two men. That's a good squad. But what really matters is.
Speaker 2: This, Get that right, Buddy, got that right.
Speaker 5: Strangely enough, the superstar actor known as Chad Powers has a birthday today. Glenn Powell, Man from Top Gun, Maverick, The Running Man.
Speaker 1: Twisters, Chad Powers, Dark Knight Rises, Chad Powers Twisters. By the way, you guys know the Glenn Powell story from Dark Knight Rise. He is when Bain breaks into that Wall Street esque area of Gotham and he smashes one of the guy's heads on the desk.
Speaker 2: That's Glenn Powells.
Speaker 1: And if the story's true, I believe Tom Hardy actually slammed his head pretty hard and I think he got a concussion wow, because he like went for it right, He's like, you know, let's let's go real here, and he smashed Glenn Powell's head into the desk. And I think that what Dark Knight Rises, what like twenty twelve. Yeah, so for the last thirteen years, he's been so concussed that he believes he's an alter ego and Shad Powers and Shad Powers is in the Dark Knight universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you hear the scene? Do you remember the scene? Bro, I'm sure that's a lot more empathetic than I read. Is a great, big fat lady, Where your play football? That's what inspired Bain.
Speaker 7: Blowing up the football stadium is what inspired him to become a football player.
Speaker 1: I see again. Sometimes you your best impressions are accidental. Keep talking his band, but just talk about the cast of Saturday.
Speaker 13: Night Last.
Speaker 2: Gosh, it's getting worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, man, I watched half of the uh Downy wrote that on Peacock. Yeah about the writer for the SML who wrote so many of your favorite characters at Jim Donny. The half that I watched was fantastic. I can't wait to finish. Yeah yet, Yep, it was real good. You'd love it there, Bonny Bones. He wrote everything everything you think about like he was Norm McDonald's update writer. And they show so much Zachtly. You got to watch it. They show so many things and so many jokes that I didn't I've never seen about OJA that they wrote.
Speaker 2: They're just great, just great, great stuff.
Speaker 14: More of what really matters after this, This is the power trip won't make you on the join camf and Justin Gard at Gray's Food Haul for a Thursday night Per Bowl watch party.
Speaker 4: The party kicks off at seven pm with Minnesota taking on Los Angeles, plus great food and drinks in your shot at Awesome Prizes every quarter Wow and all the details now at CAFA dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, so Justin does still work here? Oh? Yes, fantastic. I love that I haven't seen him since yesterday. Okay, I'm a fan. I'm not sure. I don't know.
Speaker 5: A little bit later in the show, we'll have our friend Pat Harrison. Actually Saucy and I have traveled.
Speaker 2: The world with. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Saint Paul dude, who is one of the organizers for feeding our Troops, serving our troops and so more on that in a bit. But he also was written the book that kind of sweeping the nation and is based here in the U Saint Paul, Saint Anthony neighborhood. A Season on the Drink. He wrote about a group of gentlemen who formed a softball team out of these St. Anthony alcoholics residents in Saint Paul, run by Catholic charities, and they in ninete day six, formed a softball team, went out and like just had a dominant season on the diamond. He wrote this book about it, Great Stories, and he got a local publisher that a nowational publisher, and it's kind of blown up everywhere. And I think it's going to be one of those books maybe that like becomes like a movie at some point. It's kind of a feel good story that we all sort of need these days.
Speaker 2: Also, it's our body man.
Speaker 1: Also it's also a buzzkill for about half the Power to a morning show because now a season on the drink, about half of us have to change the title of our autobiography, right, yeah, right, right, we're going to get sued.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he's coming in to join us, and we're also going to talk about maybe going on another trip, the Power Trip Morning should going to serve our troops again somewhere, so let's talk about that will be named like our Marns is on our way in here, and we will talk to Jonathan Grenard today at about eight thirty five.
Speaker 2: Is all right?
Speaker 1: Question a friend once and all yeah, do we have any troops in Vegas?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure there are, right, you know, yeah, I mean we've been there. With we serve them, we serve John Kriesole there.
Speaker 15: Let's do Yeah, right, so where are your legs?
Speaker 4: That's our next next initiative, over serving our troops.
Speaker 2: That sounds a lot easier actually.
Speaker 1: The Seattle Seahawks are five and two four Kings quarterbacks Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: They are five and two.
Speaker 1: They beat the Houston Texans twenty seven start to nineteen.
Speaker 2: The Texans fall at two and four. CJ.
Speaker 1: Strouds still struggling a little bit here. What's going on with CJ? But man, uh, Seattle's legit. They're five and two.
Speaker 2: See what happened? Why you were gone? Corey? What's that sauce? Turned on our guy? On? Which guy? All of them are quarterback? On Wentz or McCarthy? Yeah, oh you've turned on McCarthy. Yeah, kind of doesn't play playing. I think he should play on Thursday. I don't think he will though, Well, coach, he heard you now it's on? Yeah, oh well thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's he's soured.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened Donald last night?
Speaker 1: Seventeen to thirty one, two thirteen, a touchdown and a pick. Those numbers aren't great, but they're winning five and two.
Speaker 2: What do you think we think saucy.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's weird that like every quarterback that they thought about is doing good, right, and then the option that they went with is he's hurt. I get that, but the seven quarters that he's played out of eight were not very good, but the one he had was outstanding. If they can bottle that magic, then they have something. But my whole bit is we got to see what we have. We can't keep marching Wentz out there with his bum shoulder and his weird interception throwing and is throwing the ball too short and all that. We need to see what we got in the kid. My example yesterday was when the Giants lost that game to the Broncos. The Giants fans know they have a quarterback in Jackson Dark that's a cool thing. And you mentioned that a lot Corey in the season. If we go eight to nine, but we know we have a quarterback that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: We need to find that out. And I really don't like when you pay that phrase.
Speaker 1: To say that again, I only got a little bit of the power triple I was gone. But one thing again, the whole don't please don't paraphrase me or kill me while I'm gone.
Speaker 2: You kept saying I heard you.
Speaker 1: Twice say like Corey always says, that's bothersome.
Speaker 2: That's not even what I say. I use the word problematic. You kept saying like Corey always says, that's bothersome, And I'm going, God, dang it, please don't quote me. Well, sorry, you're problematic. I am, But yeah, I want to see what they have in the kid.
Speaker 8: And uh, you know when they play the Lions thirteen days from today. The Lions are coming off a bye, so that'll that'll be a and that's a tough place to play. I mean, they just shut down Baker Mayfield. But I want to see what we have in the kid, So play them on Thursday. What only matters, though, is go ahead. Sorry, they were both limited Wentz, Yes, McCarthy were limited yesterday, so maybe it's Brosmer. What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Would you feel better about Rosma? Would you be excited about Rosy? Yeah? I just want to see somebody other than Wentz. Yeah is not the answer. No, violence is not the answer. Yeah. I don't know exactly what the answers.
Speaker 9: But if if your goal is maybe to win the next game, then maybe Wentz is the answer.
Speaker 2: But if your goal is to get.
Speaker 9: Into the Postsea Center in the playoffs and make any kind of run, we already know Wentz is not the answer.
Speaker 2: So you gotta go someplace. You're gonna go a different direction. Yeah, well said pony, Did you say that? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Oh god, he's probably got a Carson Wentz website too.
Speaker 2: Carson Wentz but like how they spell it in Canada.
Speaker 9: Zonecoverage dot com slash vikings for more of those hot tapes.
Speaker 2: Okay, what matters is this?
Speaker 5: Imagine who you want to be quarterback? If he had a Carson Wentz website. Who's the best guy ever? Got two great shoulders? Today's the birthday of Steve Steve Lutherker. He's sixty eight years old.
Speaker 2: Who the hell is Steve Lutherker? Is little guitar player. You might have heard, so he's got he's got a nickname. No oh, I thought it is that bucket had. You might have heard a few songs that he played on.
Speaker 5: Was in the band Toto, but he also was a session guitar player who played bass guitar, unbat it guitar.
Speaker 2: On Human Nature guitar. I keep forgetting you know how I know this.
Speaker 1: I watched that yacht rock documentary on the flight to Parent or on the flight to h It was it was good. I don't like yacht rock enough to care. But what you just said at the end there, you could you could skip the whole yacht rock documentary if you just learned what Chris just said that when Michael Jackson's album hit, when Thriller Hits yacht Rock ended, it was just over it because MTV and Michael Jackson wiped away that entire genre to the point where Toto as awesome musicians were on the Thriller album, but it was like you gotta get off camera, like Christopher Cross.
Speaker 2: It was like, you can't be filmed.
Speaker 1: You're not a good look dude, Just please don't show up on film again. It was just the end of that whole vibe. The end, So you could you could watch the ninety minutes if you love that music. But if you don't, that's all you need to know. MTV and Michael Jackson ended yacht rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: I liked it, but I just don't. I don't care enough about the music to like love it, love it. But it was fine.
Speaker 2: Who's Something to Do for ninety minutes on a Plane.
Speaker 5: Oh play guitar and I Keep Forgetting by Michael McDonald on Boogie Wonderland by earth Wind and Fire After the Love Is Gone, After the Love Is Gone by earth windon Fire, he played the Distance.
Speaker 2: He did a guitars at the Start you cut it out.
Speaker 5: He played the guitar on Gloria, Gloria, I Think Love, great song on the on Christopher Cross's Arthur's Team. You know the better you know the song.
Speaker 1: I had no idea what Christopher Cross looked like before that documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was like Jesus Gow. Sorry.
Speaker 5: He played guitar on If Tom Yeah, I know. He played guitar on Every Other Knew Who I told you, man, this guy is some mouse Right.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have to pay so many royalties, so many companies.
Speaker 2: He played guitar on Right Now by Van Hanlon Believe It or Not song Last Night on the on the TV.
Speaker 5: He played guitar on Dirty Laundry by Don Henley. He played guitar on Say You Say Me by Lionel Richie. Who's you named your son after Lionel Richie?
Speaker 2: Did you not? Yeah? It's Louis. Oh my god, who cares? He's not famous enough.
Speaker 5: He played guitar on Stand Back, Stand Back by Stevie Nicks. He played guitar and was the composer on She's a Beauty By the Tubes.
Speaker 2: I could go on and on and on and off great countries going down the tube tubes. I haven't seen one too such a so happy birthday, you rich bastard.
Speaker 8: I mean, how much money do you think you make hawk being like a like a session guitar.
Speaker 5: It was a really good question because I'm sure he made a lot of money off Rosanna and Africa and those Toto songs which he was a writer on and sang parts of them. But for the you know, for session musicians for the long time, they got paid a flat fee, even if they were you know, like if they played the guitar solo that you remember from the song, they maybe got their regular fee. But some things changed as time went on, and they actually if they wrote things, they got some writing read on it, but.
Speaker 2: Not on a lot of those songs.
Speaker 1: How about on that yacht rock documentary how they talk about how the song Africa was a throwaway and one member it barely made the album was an afterthought. One of the members of Toto was like into African culture, and as that documentary said, Maxo, that's a song now that a bunch of white guys singing about Africa probably wouldn't have worked, as I always saying that would be mothersome No, but like I forget which member of Toto was just into African like history or culture, and he just started writing about things that he was learning about, and it was like the last track on the album nobody cared, and then it just caught fire and everybody loved it.
Speaker 2: And that song is.
Speaker 5: Human Nature, the song that the guy in Toto wrote and he like did a version of it exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: That's so cool man. That so it's one of the best songs of all time. It's so good.
Speaker 7: I don't think anybody in history besides Michael Jackson could hit that last little bit.
Speaker 2: That's close. PM don would have nailed it. Who's that? That's what you get the night? Is he right? Yeah? That song? Do you see the again? This is no I'm just quoting things that I learned from the documentary.
Speaker 1: But so Christopher Cross in like what nineteen eighty two or whatever it was, that's correct one. Okay, that was quick one like best Record, best Album, Best New Artist, and best something or other, like four major awards, and it had never been done, right, he had his moment in the sun. Christopher Cross just crushed it. Wins four major awards had never been done before that, and it has now only been done once since. I think it was twenty twenty ish or so. Do you know who did it?
Speaker 2: I would guess Taylor. It would be incorrect ed, Sharon, Nope, I would say nope, Adele. They say this in the documentary. I can't. I forgot wait, okay, say it again.
Speaker 1: It was like the four It was four major categories, but best New Artist was one of them. It was like best New Artists, best Record, best album.
Speaker 2: Because that's best song, and best album.
Speaker 1: Was the only other one to do it, and it was the first in almost forty years.
Speaker 2: Billy yeah, Billy yeah. She I don't think she's going to be a flash in the pan like Christopher Cross was. Well, he was not a flash in the pan. I guarantee, yes.
Speaker 1: Nobody sing songs jump I missed the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. He had a lot of bangers. Dare you, dare you? He was maga Mac.
Speaker 1: I mean a whole generation were they're close backwards because of him. I got into criss cross for a second.
Speaker 8: Yes, Sam, isn't the bit that that like early like YouTube series started to call it yacht rocket? Wasn't known as yacht rocket in seventies and eighties. Yes, this group of kids called it that and then it caught on.
Speaker 2: That is the correct answer. See Paul, you know something?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well yeah, I love that documentary. All those songs are slammers, man.
Speaker 2: I love yacht rock. Do your best, Michael McDonald, Chris can do it. Le'll see if you can do it. What's the song they sing? Just give me one of the Doobie Brothers songs? What's the famous fro man? Okay't keep forgetting you with with my life? That's bothersome. I don't know anymore. It's terrible. Can you guys do this? Do this like a McDonald, You do yours, and you do yours and it will be the new Doobie Brothers.
Speaker 1: Here we go forget, forget it but anymore getting water BOYD can't forget.
Speaker 2: I will never be the same mon again. They'll be doing this live in Vegas to drinks lock it up and down the strip as the Doobie Brothers.
Speaker 5: Johnny, can we get just smashed on Friday night? Dude, I ever really like to get smashed with you?
Speaker 2: That was his playing already. But if you want to hang out with him Friday morning though, Yeah, what it's like seven am on Friday morning? Ye can't wait because Friday night I've got to go to Shoo shir fears.
Speaker 5: You can't go there a little wasting, well maybe maybe a little after yeah after, Yeah, of course I'll be his swinging in from Tesla, just covered in sweat and strange fluids.
Speaker 2: Great, who are you going with? Whoever? I want? But do you ask the questions?
Speaker 1: Steve Lutherer me and Stevie Stevie loof Yeah, I keep forgetting what I did at the Tesla concert with Steve Lutherer.
Speaker 2: You keep forgetting all these The news is next money Gillo should be hearing a second. John Bonus is here. He's got a thousand websites. This is the power Trip will hate you on the fan.