Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning show, Shannon, this is crazy. He's not dead. Thank God, he's not dead. What God tell the story?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: So we all follow, and you should follow if you're not following this Metro Detroit News Instagram page.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so yesterday they posted a video of a really really bad car accident. It looked like a truck had hit or like had hit a DTE generator or a DT truck or something. And they posted photos, videos and they said it was a fatal accident. The person driving the truck had died. The accident happened at Alan Road and Goddard in Alan Park. So I'm looking at this yesterday afternoon and I'm going, oh my god, that's right by where my dad lives.
Speaker 2: And then I look at the vehicle.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's my dad's exact truck, color, everything.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So my stomach like sinks, you know, and I'm thinking, God, I hope my dad's okay. And so finally I was bugging me so so bad. My dad doesn't drive a ton. But I called him yesterday afternoon and he was like, I know why you're calling me. He said everybody had been calling him but I was like, Dad, I just needed to hear your voice and make sure that you are alive, because that scared the crap out of me. He said he was at one of his favorite barz Omelley's, and like everybody was on their phones looking at that same thing, and they were all like, Tim, looks just like your car.
Speaker 2: But scared the crap out of me for a second.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know what the worst is when you hear that there's an accident or a fire or any kind of crazy thing happened and anywhere, and you have family members that live by there, and you're all worried about that something bad has happened. I hear sirens sometimes and I'm like, I turned into my mom and aunt pat where if I hear sirens?
Speaker 5: And I grew quickly Chelsea, where are you at?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Luke, where are you at? Like I'm like, look to see what's going on.
Speaker 3: But to see that on the news, you know, and you're like, oh my god, you've the call everything about the car exactly his car and right by where he lives.
Speaker 2: Up I had a heart attack and he.
Speaker 5: Got multiple calls.
Speaker 1: Were you that laid on the calls or were you that he was so sweet.
Speaker 2: He's like, I really appreciate you calling and checking on me.
Speaker 1: And of course, oh my god, that's have you guys ever had that? Has anybody ever had this happen to them where they're driving down the street and they see a car accident and they go, oh, those poor bastards. And then you find out later that you knew the poor bastards, or you see.
Speaker 2: Something on the news and you're like, I know those people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, Luckily that's never happened to me. I pray it never does. I don't even know how we act.
Speaker 1: There was a fire in Nova the other day and they were reporting that and on the radio when I was driving into work in the morning, and they're like talking about this fire and then they're talking about the neighborhood and I'm like, holy crap. And it was the house three doors from my friend's friends of ours that live in that same neighborhood. And it's crazy because you're like realizing, holy crap, what's going on?
Speaker 4: You know, that's one of those situation, the closest that something has ever come to happen into me like that. And it was one of these I don't know if it was Metro News or I don't know what you know, platform.
Speaker 5: I was looking at it on or what page.
Speaker 4: But there was a shooting or something that happened at the corner of a street, and when I zoomed down on the street, I'm like, that's my grandma street. Luckily, my grandma was okay. She was like, was that all I heard? She's like, was that the sirens and all that I heard?
Speaker 2: Grandma? Grandma?
Speaker 1: Wait, so you're saying that. Grandma the whole time didn't realize what was going on was going on.
Speaker 5: She heard cyrus stuff. I didn't know. It was like a thing. That's all I caught it. She's like, wow, so that's what it was. You better check on her a little bit. Places always talk to grandma at my mother. I was funny.
Speaker 1: I went to go to the Metro to Trade News to go look at that story to see the see the car, and then I just saw this story. Did you see this one this morning about the the plane that had to.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes from Omaha?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A passion passenger arrested after attempting attempting to open the emergency door mid flight on a flight to Detroit. SkyWest flight operating as Delta Airlines Connect was forced to make an emergency landing Thursday evening after passengers a passenger tried to open up the emergency exit and passengers had to detain the guy. The pilot reported over the radio that the passenger was fighting with a flight attendant and attempting attempting to open the door to leave the plane. In the mid flight, law enforcement bordered the plane and they actually have video of the law enforcement. Uh did I saw?
Speaker 2: It was a guy from Omaha, by the way, not Detroit.
Speaker 5: Oh thank god?
Speaker 2: How mad would you be?
Speaker 3: The everybody still made it to Detroit last night, but they arrived at like three hours later than they were supposed to.
Speaker 1: How mad would you be, Shannon? If that was your dad and that one like dad, why are you opening the door on the plane? Look at this.
Speaker 5: They're showing the.
Speaker 1: Guy who walk off the police and stuff on there and they're arrest them.
Speaker 5: First off, the guy doesn't know how to dress for a flight.
Speaker 1: You can't wear a T shirt and a pair of gym shorts, like you're going to play a game up at the park up the street.
Speaker 5: Why not on a plane? No, you can't do it on a plane. First off.
Speaker 1: He looks like he hasn't showered in about a week. But you can't do that on a plane. You got to dress a little more nice. Why not, because you're getting everybody.
Speaker 2: Nobody dresses nice anymore.
Speaker 1: Not dress up, but you got to at least put something on me. Like the lowest you can be on that thing is wearing a pair of like yoga pants.
Speaker 5: But you can't, like wear sweatpants.
Speaker 2: You got to be comfortable.
Speaker 1: You can't wear like the sweatpants that have like the tie, the things at the bottom of them, you know what I mean, and show off your balls on a plank like shorts, like like Kevin. You can't dress like you just woke up in the middle or like this, the stuff that you sleep in you cannot wear on a flight. Why you're not saying why you're saying what you can't do. You're you're on an airline flight. You paid five hundred dollars for an airline. Take me to make sure I'm comfortable. Planning to go somewhere. I didn't plan to It's not it's not a black tie event. I'm not going somewhere.
Speaker 3: It's so funny back in the day when I was little, and we would fly. My mom would dress us to the nines like we were going to church to get on a flight. And nowadays I look like a bump. I do wear sometimes, like comfortable sweatpants that I wear to bed.
Speaker 5: You can be comfortable but also look respectable.
Speaker 1: That this is a reason for if you're going to be the guy arrested on this saying, now, this guy's got to go to jail wearing that stuff.
Speaker 4: More comfortable than a dude in a three piece suit. Hey, going to look like somebody.
Speaker 5: What's up, Samantha, morning, guys mourning.
Speaker 6: So back when I was an undergrad, this is like in two thousand and nine at henry Ford College, there was a school shooting unfortunately where the school went on lockdown. I was supposed to be at the school running one of our community meetings, and unfortunately a young girl did path a path away. She was shot and killed, and I had NonStop calls that it was They were thinking it was me because it sounded like a definitions like oh, this young young black girl was shot killed in the dance hall and everyone was like, oh my god, oh my god, this is Samantha. And I'm like, what's going on I look on the news and it was not me. I wasn't even at the school, but that was definitely a scary situation because I was there.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, we we've got friends that were at Oxford High School the day.
Speaker 5: That that thing happened.
Speaker 1: That horrible tragedy happened, and we were freaking out over friends and then you know, to hear about what was going on. That is That is the worst when the news reports a story and you think that you know somebody from it. Abe A, Well that was another one too that day with all the people at MSU.
Speaker 5: What's up abe.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, guy morning. Hey, don't no, there's a there's a feature on Apple where you can put like emergency context and see something happens to you or you get into an accident at at ten points your location. So one time I'm at home and my phone is ringing and it's showing your wife has been in an emergency accident and responses are on the way, and I'm like, I'm calling her and she's not an answer, and then going straight to voicemail straights of voicemail, and I'm like getting in the truck. I didn't go to where the location says it was. And finally her sister was calling me and she's like, hey, just to let you know, your wife left her phone on the back of the pickup truck and when she turned all off and we can't find the phone.
Speaker 5: You let the biggest breath out at that moment. Oh yeah, where were you passed that? Now you had to buy her a new phone?
Speaker 7: Has been sharing, so that.
Speaker 5: Was okay, Hey.
Speaker 1: Got all right, Mystery on the phone with us right now. Is that really your name?
Speaker 5: Mystery? Yeah, Hi, Mystery, are your first time? Long time?
Speaker 8: Uh no, I've called that a couple of times, but definitely a long time. There a few time.
Speaker 5: Call her now, I don't I don't remember that name. That's a beautiful name. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, thank you? Well I it was just like a couple months ago there was a bank rob nearby and they're showing on the news like the suspect of who it was, and we all could have sworn it was my brother in law, Like my husband was Dud's set on, this is my brother.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he just robbed a bit because of the way that he dressed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they just had like you know, there was his the way he was standing. They had him like the image from the bank inside and like the hoodie. It was the same hoodie he had even had. And we were just like so convinced it was him, and call him where he lived and did you call him right away? Yeah, well we try to call him, but we you know, couldn't get all of them, and they didn't think he would tell us anyway. But it wasn't him.
Speaker 5: It was not him.
Speaker 8: Luckily thank got the suspects.
Speaker 1: Than I appreciate it. Uh, Bernard, what's up? It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 6: Hi, hey man, I think we might be old Mojo because when I was growing up, we had I mean, I literally remember wearing a suit and a tie just to fly.
Speaker 1: You know, you know it's funny as I'm not saying that you should wear a suit and tie. You're right, that was how it was in the old days. That movie Catch Me if you Can and lean O DiCaprio movie how they would dress. But but I don't want to sit next.
Speaker 5: To the.
Speaker 1: Guy that hasn't showered on an airplane or the girl in her pjs unless.
Speaker 5: It's they were and bondets and slippers.
Speaker 1: I know, what are you doing you got your house dress. You can't get on an airplane in a house dress. They got to have some kind of an assemblance. So what does that do to you? It just makes me feel like, honestly that this person's not clean.
Speaker 4: I don't but what if they are, If they've showered, they've done all of that. They just would rather be comfortable.
Speaker 1: We're going to the iHeart Radio Music Festival, and if your ass shows up in a parents, I'm going to tell them that you don't worry.
Speaker 3: He redeems his points and sits in first class and lets us take.
Speaker 5: The nobody seats in the back.
Speaker 2: No, trust me, I've done this enough times with him.
Speaker 1: Let me say this to you though. This is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna say. When I was in the actual terminal, I heard this man say, who's going to do something on the prom or I heard that this guy this guy left his luggage sitting by. You know how they always say if you see somebody with their luggage that has been left alone.
Speaker 5: This man luggage, I'm going to turn you in. You're going to be back in TSA all right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Rachel? Hi?
Speaker 9: Hey, how are you I'm getting on a plane tomorrow actually to Florida, and I plan on dressing with Adam Sandler vibes like the greatest nine hundred two hour and a half of my life, and I will take advantage of every point of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as you should.
Speaker 1: God help those people, you know what. It's perfect. You're going to Florida. That sounds like a very Florida place for you. All right, take from the take care of yourself. Bye, Rachel.