Speaker 1: Don't want to be an American idiot. All right, winding it down for twenty twenty five here on this Friday morning. I'm back for a couple of days next week. And maybe you're not so enjoy if maybe this was the last time you get to listen to the show for the week, a couple of weeks. Anyway, it's that time of the year. It's that time of the year. There's something that I've been involved with now for a few weeks. I think it's I love tech. I love fascinating things. I love things that change people's lives for the better. Because God knows we need more of those stories and not fewer. And I love to highlight those kinds of things. And so you may he may have heard me talking about the tech r m D one for those who have a mobility disability. So if you're in a wheelchair, maybe you have trouble standing or walking, you know, typically one is you look at it and go, my God, the rest of my life I'm being a wheelchair or I need a wheelchair to get around or move from point A to point B. For a lot of people, the older we are, the longer we live. That's true, but it's also true for people who suffer spinal injuries and the like. Veterans come to mind, and for a long time it's been you know, you get in a chair. You see people parking at a grocery store and whoever, in a handicapped spot and they have the van or a vehicle and they've got to get the card off the back and then get in it. And everything of course is you know, not at eye level, and you go to a grocery store on one of those scooters and it's tough to get stuff off the top shelf. This thing is going to change so many lives. And that's why I'm so happy to speak for my buddy, Dave Bakrath for at Rebound Mobility dot com. Dave, welcome and study this morning. How are you hey, Thanks Scott, and Merry Christmas to you. I appreciate you having met. Yes, I wanted to because I wanted to highlight this a little more simply because it's such a game changer. This is such an incredible development, I think for people with disabilities, our veterans come to mind, but anyone for that man, as we get older, you know, it's tough for my my father in law has difficulty getting up and getting down and this could absolutely change so many lives. Describe, Describe how it works, what the device.
Speaker 2: Is, Yeah, exactly, it's just so. I've been a medical devices mobility devices for thirty years and this is the most revolutionary, game changing in reward ding product that I've ever represented because it literally changes people's lives. And I see it firsthand in their in their eyes and their family members tears when they're able to stand up the way it works, and and and also no nobody knows about this device. It really was launched in effect this year. It's been on the market before that, but very very quietly.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: It is a it is not a power chair. It actually so it's a robotic mobility device that you do not need your legs strength at all, any muscles or even legs at all.
Speaker 1: I have a w MPT in a single mputee getting one and I listen them up to eye level like you see up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sit in uh in the seat which is like a sling and it's almost.
Speaker 1: Like a window washers rig. It's a it's a well strong added very uh plus.
Speaker 2: Very much a sortative right swing and it has a very powerful hydraulic lift. So this seat, these two pins drop in it, and then you're able to lift yourself up in be and be supportive uh in the seat itself. And then you get all the way up to eye level or whatever level you're comfortable at, and if you want to bear weight, you can bear weight to help with your bone density, and you're able to be at eye level again. And I've seen people stand for the first time in decades and and it's amazing. There's there's a lot of misnomers about it that people just think, like, well, but but I have I have fall of risk issues. You can't fall in this. You're you're up two fifty pounds, it's solid you. I've tried to tip it over myself and you can't. So people that that's one thing that people don't know about. They also don't know that it can be covered by insurance. It's on track with Blue Cross, Blue Shield, and we can get it covered with most providers. And it's kind of a critical time this year because we have eleven days left if deductibles are met for the pripe for the private insurances. But it's an amazing device that lets you move about your home, reach work around in your kitchen. And the physiological benefits are you know, truly the reason if people are sitting, you know that you're going to have your circulation regulated, improved bowel and bladder function and all those benefits. But the biggest one is the mental health, the psychological part of being able to be upright again and look and have people eye to eye conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the thing. It's good. So this this pad slips under you and it's really easy to get in a nod of So you're sitting, Let's say you're in a chair. You can't move, you use your legs, So the pad you slide it under your butt sort of and the and it's soft, and then you press the button and it actually picks you up from your bottom and stands you up. And then the front of your shins would stand against these pads on the device. So it looks like a smaller, a narrower version of one of the carts you'd get a grocery store, bat, rapid card, imgo car to whatever those are. Only this thing lifts you up and stands and then if you need to sit back down, you press a button and it sits you down, you take the pad off, and which means you can you know, because it's narrow, and that's a problem. Some of the wider chairs are difficult to get in an odd but you can actually use the bathroom yourself if you're in a chair or you know, I said mentioned go to the grocery store and actually stand up at eye level and pick things off the shelf yourself, Like it's so incredible.
Speaker 2: The independence for bathroom functions to me is just it's huge because it's the narrowest profile you can get, like nineteen inches wide and you and it spins around sixty So even in a small bathroom, you're able to manage and drop yourself down and then move that seat and then get yourself back up independently versus having a caregiver family member help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because in the past, you know, you'd have to the restrooms and narrow doors, right and an Ada compliances thirty six inches. Well, you know there's thirty inch doors out there. This thing fits though easily. You can get in a stall and take care of yourself, right, give you good, And that's that's the mental health advantage. You don't need to depend on someone else. Especially for veterans that are used to, you know, doing things themselves and being on their own and being independent.
Speaker 2: Right, It's yeah, you can be and you can do that independently, and it is covered by the VA, and the veterans won't know don't know that, the veteran providers don't know that. So it's incumbent upon the person finding this out. And that's where, you know, I walk them through all the processes. And that's the biggest thing, is like, don't try to figure it out yourself. You've got to use me to get you through the proper processes, whether it's through the VA, d O D it's covered you know, trike Care, Triy Care for Life and and also just individuals with their own insurance and and even seniors. I've had an eighty two year old veteran and he he got in it and learned it, no problem, was driving around in it, and he's like, I want this because I can't take outside walks with my family and I want to keep you know, I have to stay back, and so I want to be able to go on a bike path or walking and walking does.
Speaker 1: That work with taking that outside because markin most of those chairs you know you look at it, go, well, that's for pavement only. You can't go into grass or I mean a beach or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's that's where the outdoor kit comes in. So we have an outdoor kit which is like big knobby tires, and it switches out from the indoor kit fairly easily. You can do it. Even the person in the chair can do it within five minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And you have these extra large tires and an extra large tail that you just just with a drop ten you take that in and out and boom. You can go on you know gravel, your grass, a b you know, get to a like a you know c S a key where it's hard packed beach and you can get to that and be able to and you can travel with this because it's it's a dry cell battery. So it goes on planes just like your regular mobility equipment. No extra charge for luggage or anything. They just the cart stores in the cargo hold and you can take it down to CS the key and and wheel around on the beach with your family with it.
Speaker 1: That's wild, that's it. I mean, I imagine that in the first time in years, people are in a wheelchair and all of a sudden, like you know, I'm a beach person, I'm a surf and you can actually go and dip your your your hands, your legs into the water. It's that's incredible. You couldn't do that before. Dave Barcreth is here. It's Rebound Mobility dot Com. I've been talking about this one of our partners here on the Scott Sloan Show about how and I often do this because I think there's such a special innovative thing. It's going to change so many lives. I think it's going to be one of those you have a sense and not just because you're in a day that it's it's gonna be one of the things that in years people go wow. You know remember wheelchairs and the way you kind of like iron lungs back in the day with Polly. You know, we don't have those machines anymore. Now you have these devices where you can stand literally stand up and be mobile like you did when your your legs your appendages worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see where we're gonna be. You could be seeing these around quite often right now. You know, you don't see them out where Pty New is brand new and again, nobody knows about it. We do have a veterans site for our veterans dot org for a veterans dot org if the veterans, but they can also use the Rebound Mobility dot com site and that that allows you to see information and then and my contact information is on there nine three seven seven seven six, seventy eight oh weill seventy eight oh one for a direct contact and that's you know, twenty four to seven. You can text or call that number for more information.
Speaker 1: And how long does it take to get one of these units if you ordered one?
Speaker 2: It takes if if you're ordering and going through the insurance process and even all the veterans processes can take thirty to sixty days. But some people who can do a self pay, and they can, they can pay for it and then work through their insurance and get that money back to their insurance so they don't have to wait, so they can have it within two weeks if they're going to just they want to put it on an amex, get their points whatever right and then then they can have the receipt and then they work through and help us. So we have an insurance team they will help us battle to get that insurance coverage, which most of the time they do. It's a pretty high rate of success, especially when the patient gets involved and so they get that check reimburse and then and a lot of people do that, they put it on a credit card. The company, Mattiam Mobility also has a couple of financing options.
Speaker 1: Is there a are they made where they made? Where manufacturing? Salt Lake City? Oh wow, so they made the US. They're made in the US, so you can get them here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're they're all and they're customized, so we you are not there. They're custom built for that person's size. So there's measurements that I take or make sure they're taken by a provider like a pt O T and so it fits and it hits you in the right part of your body anywhere, right anywhere from a four foot seven person. I have eleven year old muscular disc free kid getting his delivering it to him on Christmas Eve, So it's going to be a Christmas present. Yeah, eleven year old mustard disc fee. He can't wait and he tools around on it like like he's had it forever.
Speaker 1: When I did, oh, I demoed one and it's like, you know, within a couple of minutes you kind of get used to the controls and it's it's really cool and it's really like the battery in this thing last how long a full day? Nine miles that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can go you can go cruise around on a full charge, you know, on a bike path or outside or on a beach for quite a while. So the charge and it only takes about two three hours to get up to a full charge. Yeah, it's it is again just so rewarding to see. I haven't I haven't actually done an in person demo with someone who didn't get the unit or didn't start to process the unit. And so that's something that I offer too, because you're looking if it's something you could just buy online, we'd put on Amazon and order.
Speaker 1: Because it has to be custom and customers insurance and everything else too. Yeah. I mean, if if you know someone neighbor, friend, family or co or whoever, it is a good benefit from this that so I wanted to have you on get the word out because I really think this is this, this is one of those devices. Once in a while something comes along that absolutely changes people's lives for the better, and in the age were living longer. Maybe not better, but longer. It's incumbent to get the word out. I think for stuff like this, going hey, this is going to improve your mental health, which is a huge component. But physically you mentioned bone density, bowels, all that stuff. I mean, imagine you know, you have your house. Let's say you're in a chair, and everything's built for people who stand up. You know, cupboards, cabinets, refrigerators, and you live with so much in life because you're seated, and now you don't have to change all that. You can actually stand up in your house and get things off the top shelf like you used to, and the machine does it all and you're able to navigate your hallways and stay in your own house. I mean in the past people have to move to assisted living or something like that. This keeps people in their houses longer, whether it's veterans or people with disabilities, but also seniors too. I think you're going to see more people who their legs work. But you know, I mean the older we get, the longer we live, it's going to be harder to get around.
Speaker 2: This is for them, right, and the seniors now are just more active seniors, you know, wanting to be outside, wanting to be independent, and and this you know, will allow them to you know, stay that way and you know, take the outside, get to the fresh air, take a walk.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I you can avoid the home rebuilds on that. But I even have someone getting one that had the home rebuild done, but he's getting it for the outdoors part of it the package. So he saw that there's enough benefit in that. So it's gonna be you know, there's gonna be something for everybody that maybe if they've they've lost mobility, maybe they can walk a little bit, but they just can't go very far.
Speaker 1: It's going to help them with that.
Speaker 2: And we're also partnered with uh Tie Bradshaw with the knuxts All Foundation where we're doing for people who here and refer a patient. It doesn't have to be for yourself, but a referral a two thousand dollars donation to the knuxts All Foundation because they're dealing with disabilities and they're trying to build that indoor center, right so.
Speaker 1: Help up the community with that. That's amazing. So yeah, portion proceeds go there as well, and I know that you know, we've we hit the veterans thing too, and I want to say that, you know, as we get the word out about this, this game changer. Steve Bolso is my buddy. He comes in once a month from Claremont County for veterans services, and I was talking to him. I'm like, hey, I showed, I showed him a video and you know, showed and he was he was the top excited to spread the word to veterans. He because I know a handful of people already that would jump at the chance for something like this. So you know, you get the word out there, especially to our veterans and the VA, and you know the v AL take careful pay for it. Uh that that's gonna be great for veterans and and anyone else listening for that matter. So again, the website is rebound Mobility dot com. Rebound mobility dot com. Dave Bachrath and uh Matt mcool is are a Cincinnati Repisent's student. This morning. Uh doesn't speak at all. He's uh, which is really unusual for somebody in sales, but nonetheless, uh uh it really is called. I'm so happy to be working with your partner with just to spread the word about this and it really is going to change somebody live share in the tri State and the rest of the country, and this could be one of those products that are you know, featured in the future. Is a turning point when it comes to helping people bowl with disabilities navigate life. They appreciate it. Thanks again for coming in.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, all those against Rebound Mobility dot Com is the website if you want to check that out. And maybe not someone in your family, but we all know someone who may have a friend, a family member, a neighbor, the son of a coworker, the daughter of a someone who went to school with and go, man, I wonder if they know about this and maybe share that link with them at rebound Mobility dot Com. Anyway, I got to get a time out in News on the Way In just minutes, Austin jumps in. We talk about the Bengals in Miami, a fruitless effort. What the hell are they playing for? Well, it's sunny weather, so at least you get to go and enjoy that as well. Who should have remain on the Bengals for twenty twenty six is the question. Maybe they'll be somewhat answered in Sunday's game. Talk to Austin about that and more coming up next on seven hundred wowt