Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacus terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
Speaker 3: Go on me you Petrosen Money five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are live until seven pm and then David Basset will take over with Off day Dodger Talkie joined us last hour or anything you miss you can always relive through the Trust Some Money podcast. And we've got Dodger Baseball tomorrow from the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth a six oh eight pm first pitch. That means we're on two to five Flex Alert live from Dodger Stadium. Likely means we're gonna see Fred and Rodney. I would assume they're broadcasting from Dodger Stadium as well, Kate's from noon to two? Is that the correct I would assume so.
Speaker 4: But when I saw Kevin on the way out, there was no pleasantries like, hey see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Kevin was in a bad mood. What because they did forty minutes on h Does your dog sleep in bed with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, guys, I have to say that during the broadcast, there was no mention about the fact that they'd be broadcasting live at Dodgers Dadium.
Speaker 3: So maybe they're going side don't know, possible they just go split squad and we're out there at Dodger Stadium. Although you know when they were there, they got Freedman to come in, they got Dylan Hernandez to come in.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, what was the answer to the question, does the dog sleep in the bet or not? Yeah, Kate, tom or what let's call around the table, Ronnie. Is your dog sleep in the bed?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Matt. If she chooses, she is welcome to sleep in the bed, but she has a bed at the edge of our bed that she usually sleeps.
Speaker 2: I don't have a dog, Kates.
Speaker 4: No, dog sleeps downstairs in her own room. Her own room, all right, which is the laundry room. By the way, he probably shouldn't have mentioned that on the air.
Speaker 3: That's not going to make friends with the dog loving population, Kates, that you lock your dog in the lownder room. But it's beautiful in there.
Speaker 2: Is it locked?
Speaker 4: No, it's locked. She's free.
Speaker 3: No, it's locked, or it is, like is the door closed? No, she's free to room. That's just her spot. Yeah, she loves it down there's the cool floor.
Speaker 2: She's free to move about the country like Southwest Airlines.
Speaker 3: Now she gets on the bed. If you're on there, Kate's you're like, get off the bed. Oh, it's just a quick boot right there, get here, get it all right?
Speaker 2: Now, what are we gonna do with the other two hours of the show? Now that we got that out of the well.
Speaker 4: What do you think take all? That's a forty minutes to go around and talk?
Speaker 2: Gonna ask Ronnie he's the born operator for I mean, the engineer. Yeah, pretty much. That's It's how it was. Did it drag a little? Uh?
Speaker 5: They took like I think they took like seven or eight calls. I didn't know people cared that much about that.
Speaker 3: They don't, they don't. We have a pair of tickets to give away to Dodger Stadium between now and seven pm. We have four pair of tickets for the John bon Jovie album preview of his new release.
Speaker 2: We've been having a lot of fun with that, however we have is it the Philly connection and all that?
Speaker 3: Uh, he's gonna tell a backstory about the album. You'll be in the room with him and listen to all that new music. We'll probably saying, like, so you're gonna play Blaise of Gloria.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure it's gonna be very well. Look if John bon Jovi's showing up.
Speaker 3: And doing a deal for the nl iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have it all figured out. It'll be beautifully presented. Everything will be on the up and op. Who do you think is running point on that? It'll be running a lot better than Lebron's The Decision, No Doubt or the Decision Part two?
Speaker 3: Is it my FM? That's probably running point on that. I would guess.
Speaker 4: I would think so, yeah, yeah, not the coast, Oh good, one could be coast. What if he starts to show off by like, raise a hands, whose dog sleeps in their bed?
Speaker 3: Right here? Hey? John, does your dog sleep in the bed with you?
Speaker 2: I just don't know how I mean.
Speaker 3: I Well, they every now and then they will find have you had sex in the backseat of a car? Does your dog sleep in the bed with you?
Speaker 2: Are you mad?
Speaker 3: Petros that they got that topic? Yeah, they sound mad. They always beat us to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't own a dog. I used to sleep with my wiener dog when I was a kid, see, even though I was allergic to it.
Speaker 3: But you love that wiener dog so much you'd sleep with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, even though he bit me in the face a few times.
Speaker 3: Right, never know what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, day, let's get it started again with the We have Danny Kanal coming on here?
Speaker 3: Should we give away a pair of tickets to Banjo?
Speaker 1: You do it?
Speaker 3: Eight six no no, no, no, no no no call her ten eight five seventy. You're going to bon Jovi on Thursday. That'll be during the day. Make sure you can get the day off work or something and get your way up here.
Speaker 2: Should we should we make the listener talk to us again? Or was the guy that todd On so bad. He was so bad. Do you feel like maybe we could get some Redemption song going old Pirates? Yes, they RABBI in the first hour, but in the second hour they sold I to the merchant ships.
Speaker 3: It's after they took I from the bottomless.
Speaker 2: But my hand was midstrom.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's up to you.
Speaker 2: And most of that song, by the way, Redemption song is copied from a Marcus Garvey speech.
Speaker 3: That didn't have that in the legend liner notes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't tell you that. On Rogan and Robbie, they're talking to humping their dog.
Speaker 3: Kates will leave it at your discretion if you think they're worthy of.
Speaker 2: We're talking to somebody right now. Kates took calls for two hours today.
Speaker 4: Andrews calling from.
Speaker 3: LA and what's your gut? Kates, Well, you could talk to them all right. Here we go, Hi, Andrew, you've won the tickets to see bon Jovi or at least be part of an album release party with bon Jovi on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: And I got one peak to say both up baby, Oh.
Speaker 3: There we go. I like this caller a bolt up baby chargers cases not happening is that it. Can you sing any bon Jovi songs?
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 6: My fiance does those?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you sing the Los Angeles Superchargers song? Send this super Charge los Angeles? I know the San Diego.
Speaker 3: Okay? See what happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why we don't take calls? It's just terrible derails the show.
Speaker 2: No one will do what we want them to do.
Speaker 3: No, I can't you sing living on a prayer or dead or alive, or you give love a bad name, or your lover is like bad medicine.
Speaker 2: Speaking of eighties and nineties bands and speaking of missing out or having a I ain't missing you at all, speaking of having a little bit of a miscommunication, it is time for the word of the day. His words, The word of the day. Today's word of the day is mishap. Every once in a while, I have a couple of drinks at night and I see something on Instagram, and even though I'm not supposed to because I'm broke, I buy like a fourteen dollars T shirt or something for myself.
Speaker 3: I've been a beneficiary of a few of that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and I thought like I ordered one the other day and a T shirt showed up and I was like, this is the shirt I got from MAP And I forget the name of the company, but it was like a company that makes like a comic book cover out of like a cool song that we all know, and this was that. It was a comic book cover of the Rooster, which of course.
Speaker 3: Is a long.
Speaker 2: Time Pettersen money staple ever since. Matt went to his brother in law's boat party Christmas parade, Christmas parade. Yeah, he had a boat party and the guy, I don't know if it was his boat or he rented a boat, and he had a band or a guy a singer on.
Speaker 3: The patio, like for the boat parade that comes. He lives on the water, so the boat parade goes to this Okay, So I always thought that that the party was on a boat. Okay, that his house we're looking at, and this dude is set up playing grunge music all night, right.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't like the weathered outside is frightful.
Speaker 3: It was Christmas music whatsoever. He just and your brother in laws was very excited about it. His explanation was, wait till you see this dude. I found it's gonna be incredible. It's gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 2: And what was he good?
Speaker 3: I walked in to a Christmas party, people in Christmas sweaters, kids all drinking their egg nobs everywhere, all the boats, all the Christmas theme, you know, Christian themed boats, all of that sort of stuff. And the first song that I heard when the Rooster, right, that's like the Rooster by Alison Chains. This doesn't work.
Speaker 2: And that is how we came up with, you know, after talking on the air about it and discussing the situation. That is how Vietnam Christmas came about. Where Christmas comes around and Matt and I, like his brother in law, talk about talk a little bit about Vietnam, not that we've ever been to Vietnam or no, the whole that happened there in the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 3: But we know the lyrics to Roosters and.
Speaker 2: We've seen every single exploitive movie about it that was made in the seventies and eighties and nineties. So I ordered the rooster shirt and I was like, this is gonna be great, it's gonna come. I'm gonna give it to Matt on the show during the Word of the Day. And then a T shirt shows up today. I put the t I didn't look at it, just put the bag, like with the mail, into my backpack. And it is not. The rooster T shirt is probably on the way, but this was something that I don't remember remember and it's not it's for me because it's an excel and if it was for you, it would.
Speaker 3: Be at It's just three words and one punctuation mark.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Kate?
Speaker 3: I on think Kate's does?
Speaker 4: Is that a Jon Bon Jovie song?
Speaker 2: Now idiot? But there's a nineties band connection to this shirt as well. In the scene in Point Break where Pat Swayzey and Keanu Reeves are fighting with the original guys they think are the dead presidents or the ex President's bank robbers, because not all those presidents were dead when they're in that movie. Uh, he almost gets in a fight with Anthony Key or does get in a fight with Anthony Keaty with Anthony Keatis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They try to make Anthony Keatis look pretty intimidating, and they do a pretty good job of it, certainly because in real life he's a very small person, not a scary looking guy dominion of individual at all. And what Swayzey says to Ketis is back off war Child seriously.
Speaker 3: And the special So that's what that shirt is. Yeah, is that there's a comma? Yeah, back off war Child comma on the shirt seriously.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry, I thought it was something to be for.
Speaker 3: That to Dodger Stadium tomorrow. I think that is worthy of a Dodger stadium. Do you think key K would be into it at least somewhat. I think there's going to be at least three or four people.
Speaker 2: I'm sending it to you, Tim, I'm sending this scene. Yeah, but you know, if you guys would remember, you know, we had a an intern. Iliff was his last last name, and his father and he was a really nice kid. And his father wrote Point Break Yes and wrote Varsity Blues and he's a great guy. Peter Iliff is the name of the dad. Uh.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what our interns bow or Luke or Duke or war Child. Both sounds right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I'm a little uh. I'm sorryorry that I didn't Uh I screwed that up.
Speaker 3: I don't think you screwed it up. It sounds like I've got a shirt incoming.
Speaker 2: You do, but sometimes they don't show up. It's like an old credit card and it's like declined, you know what I mean, Like you know, like you've never been d Dane, Dane, that was his name, Dane. I left you, lovely young man, and he wanted to get into sports media, and I said, I want you to come and see what it's like so you don't do this. And that's what he did, and he's realized he's doing well. Yeah, he's happy.
Speaker 5: Is that the same Dane that left his ice chest in the studio? Yeah, that was in there for like at least a good six months, am I right?
Speaker 3: Sounds about right? Well, remember running we had the crumbs on the ground for about eight months that didn't get vacuumed up until Dan Patrick said he was coming.
Speaker 5: Crumbs in this control room that had been here for twenty years.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do with Dane, Okay, my intern back off war child seriously. Anyway, I'm very happy it's a good shirt with the shirt, but I'm sad that I wasn't able to do the whole rooster. It's a little early for Vietnam Christmas. Me my own way they did. It's a terrible thing. It is time of the number of the day. Here's my number.
Speaker 3: Number of the day. Number of the day is four.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you do any grocery shopping for the house?
Speaker 2: Not anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do occasionals.
Speaker 2: Whenever I offer an up myself as tribute, I'm usuallyular. It's almost the same as offering myself up to Dodger talk or a scam. Or when there's a rain delay tim Conway take. Everybody always complains like, oh I got to do all this. I'm like, well, I'm happy to come on and nothing only Conway and then we talk about the same thing every time I go on Conway, which is marine land right and of the Pacific today used to be in Rancho Palace verdie. Actually I left this here the other day, much like Dane left his chest six months.
Speaker 3: The back off or child. Number of the day is four. I do. I do grocery shopping for the family. I tend to buy the meats, you know, the every now and then the wife will ask if I can go grab some stuff. But I got that there Pavilion's app and it allows me to see if they're specials, and my family routinely accuses me of being a cheap skate, and I'll just buy things because they're on sale. And what I've noticed p the last I'd say four to six months, is the greatest value in groceries are expensive these days. You get out of there and you're like, how the hell did I spend this much for this little But there is great value. The greatest value at a grocery store not wild Fork, not wild Fork love what whole Bar, absolutely wild. The greatest value in the grocery store is in the cereal aisle.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: It's incredible what they're doing with cereal these days. And the one thing I've come to find is because they put them on incredible, super safer sale. If I buy four boxes at Cheerios, They're only a dollar ninety seven per box, So I will load up on those four boxes, and I believe they're running this scam on us. This is the conclusion I've come to. When we were kids, we wanted to eat the fruity pepples, We wanted to eat the Frankenberry, the count Chocula, the fruit loops, the apple jacks, And what would mom and dad try to shove into that bowl and down our throats cheerios. Yeah, corn flakes, grape nuts, grape nuts. Well, Cheerios has figured out that us kids that had to suffer through those god awful plain cheerios think that we're now eating healthy because we're buying the cheerios. But now they're fruity cheerios that taste exactly like fruity pebbles. They are apple cinnamon cheerios that taste exactly like apple jacks or the honey nut cheerios. The honey nut cheerios was a big wind for the child, for the child and all of us. But they have strawberry cheerios that taste like freaking frankenberry. It's like we think people my age think, oh, well, cheerios must be healthy. I'm just gonna buy these four boxes of chocolate cheerios. This is exactly what I purchased. Chocolate cheerios, strawberry cheerios, apple cinnamon cheerios, and fruity cheerios. And I might as well have bought a box of fruity pebbles, frankenberry, apple jacks, and cocoa pebbles. They are exceptional. They are cheap, and they tricked me into thinking I'm eating healthy, whereas I am simply reliving my youth every single morning now with the bowl of cheerios and milk. And I even had a late night bowl the other night, which really harkened back to some college days.
Speaker 2: You should pour the guinness and the cheerios.
Speaker 3: I'm really living back all wor child. Seriously, check your check your cereal aisle people, there's some interesting things going on down that row of a grocery store. They're gonna make you feel pretty good about yourself.
Speaker 2: Just stay away from the marshmallows.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, if they did marshmallow cheerioh man, I wouldn't be able to do the lucky charms. But are like, well, the cheerios probably good in a fiber in there or something, you know, keep me regular. They figured it out. Congratulations to whoever did the marketing for that, because they got me.
Speaker 2: Ronnick. This is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: The Charlatans are a band from Northern England with our song of the day called Deeper and Deeper, a nice tune. As they're about to release their fourteenth studio record called We Are Love and that album is supposed to drop on October the thirty first, and this is one of the tracks. And you're listening to the Petros and Money Show, broadcasting live on your AM radio from the Pinnacle Building in downtown Burbank, going deep into a full four hour session that'll go all the way to Off Day Dodger Talk the Playoff edition with our friend David Vasse, who's back from Philly Mann and ready to go and take your phone calls.
Speaker 3: At seven o'clock, Hell you runny, Danny Cannell will shift you a little bit of football. Huge victory for the Bruins on Saturday, USC was off, and he'll break down all the college football action from the weekend, moving forward all of that, and then we'll get you back to a bunch of Dodger conversation. We are giving those tickets away too between now and seven pm, and we'll try to do it in the next hour, so so you're not waiting too much.
Speaker 1: Seriously serious, We've made it even easier to take LA It's with you this summer. Make Am five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto road.
Speaker 2: Trip all summer with LA Sports catch.
Speaker 3: Us some Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. How about you like bon Jovi? You want to be in a room with bon Jovi right now? Caller ten eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. This Thursday, right here in Burbank, John bon Jovi doing an album preview of Forever backstory about the album. You get to be in the room listen to it for the first time with bon Jovi himself. Caller ten eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 2: This guy was peddling his wares when bon Jovi was big. This guy's still big, and so's bon Jovi. Darny Canal, former national champion at Florida State, former NFL quarterback. Do you hear him on Sirius XM Radio Daily. You can check out that Cover three podcast, which is very pop brought to you, of course by bet online Food. Check out bet online for updated college football, Playoff, Heisman and College Football Week seven lines. The Great Danny Cannell joining us on your Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline on the Petros and Money Show. We're always happy to talk to the pure ho himself. Still going, Danny Cannell, what's cracking, Danny? How are you? What is up? Petros? How are you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: It is great to hear from you. It's great to be talking to you. It is fantastic. College football season is flying by, like we're already through five six weeks this season. It's the best, man, it's great catch up with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always great to hear from you, Danny. We love talking to you. I mean, help me out with something, because I'm not a quarterback expert. I mean, I'm a football guy, but I didn't play the position, and quarterbacks, no quarterbacks at least it seems like they do. And when I watched arch Manning in that first spring ball tape that came out and everybody was like, oh my god, you know, I was like, yeah, that's probably who he is. Like I don't know how much better he's going to get than that, I don't know. And then you know, a couple of years past, he wasn't their starter, and here he is starting, and he's not really the player we thought he was. Maybe Texas isn't the team we thought he was. But answer me this, Where did we all go wrong with arch Manning?
Speaker 6: Oh? We I think it's pretty easy. Petros. I think we became enamored with the last name, you know, which is understandable, right. I mean, it's a Manning. His two uncles are going to be Hall of famers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: It's he's a big kid. He's had a successful high school career. He looked a part when he was throwing the football against there. And here's the thing. I do think it's too early to write him off as just a bus just yet. I mean, he's still only started a handful of games, and I think he's actually getting a little bit better each game. But I was and I was one who did not drink the kool aid. I thought that it would be more of a sort of a progress here where you'd see him have a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. I didn't think it would be as bad as it was against some of his lesser opponents. Like I figured he would struggle against Ohio State. I didn't see him struggling against San Jose State, you know, that was something that was kind of surprising. But I thought he would struggle in the swamp against Florida, but their defense was still going to be really good. But I think it was because I don't I can't recall a time in the last fifteen years in our sport since we've gotten show over our skis on somebody who had never played before. Like I know, he played a little bit, he plate sparingly came off the bench. But like Tim Tebow won a Heisman Trophy before his you know, the t BO mania got off the charts, Johnny Manzel won a Heisman Trophy before his you know uh coverage became you know, seemingly everywhere, and yet Arts Manning was getting that treatment and he really hadn't done much, So I think it was I think it was more product of the media, the hype social media, which is, you know, at an all time high of engagement and people looking for clicks, and anytime he said that name, it got you a lot of attention. So I think it was probably a lot of it was on our fault. And I still do think Arch can be okay. But what I do worry about him is he's always been the favorite son.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: He was great in high school as the backup. Everybody loves you. You can't do any wrong, and then for the first time in his life, he's facing the scrutiny that comes when you're not playing well and you have your own fan base booing you or questioning you. And when you're walking around town no longer you know, you don't hear those whispers of that's a Manning. He's incredible. It's oh man, he didn't play good last weekend like that. Mental aspect is really something that I'm watching for because that's going to be his biggest challenge is handling the mental pressure. Now that's going to be on him and I hope he survives it. But there's you know, it's the quarterback at Texas. The expectations are off the charts, and when you're making as much money.
Speaker 2: As he is, What did we do to this guy?
Speaker 6: I'm very forgiving.
Speaker 2: Did we do this to this guy or did he do it to him? Who did it to him?
Speaker 6: He didn't ask for it, I will say this. He's always downplayed it. Even when he committed to Texas. He did it with one tweet. He didn't even have one of those ceremonies where he pulled out the hat and he was sitting behind quinn Ewers. He deferred to Quinn. He always gave him the attention. When he took the job. He was at SEC media days and he said, Hey, you guys, don't even talk to me like you shouldn't even I haven't done anything yet. So I think our handled it the way you would want him to. He didn't ask for this attention. It just came with a territory.
Speaker 3: Well, now, Danny, you got Texas that looks like they're probably out of the playoff pick. Sure, I'm sure you can do something late if things get weird, but it's it's is it me? Is it prisoner of the moment? Or is this a weird season where Texas out, Clemson out, Penn State out, maybe Notre Dame with two losses. Have we had this many favorites be maybe out of that picture this early before?
Speaker 6: Well here, I would push back a little bit and say that I don't. I'm not so certain all those teams are out like I think they probably are. Texas has two losses. Notre Dame has two losses. But Texas has massive games ahead. They have Oklahoma this weekend, where if they win that game, they'll be back in the top twenty five. They still have very good games on their schedule. Notre Dame does not, but they're probably going to be favored in every game. Notre Dame ten and two becomes a really interesting debate. And the reason I think those two loss teams are still in the conversation if they do that is because we're seeing unprecedented parody like we've never seen before. And I think it's a combination of the portal players being able to move and schools being able to pay, which I think is great for the sport. I mean, coming into the season, we had six teams that received first place votes in the AP Top twenty five pole, so there clearly wasn't a clear cut front runner. Then we've seen the world turned upside down its head where Clemson has fallen well short of expectations. Penn State suffered their second loss, which looks devastating. So like all of a sudden, some of the favorites that we thought were going to be there are not. So it's really opened up the door to a ton of different programs, which I think is awesome. I think it's great for the game and a wild ride in the finish, and I think there's gonna be not one but I think multiple nine to three teams are going to be in the conversation and probably into the twelve team playoffs.
Speaker 3: What about Miami, We've been kind of waiting, you know, for a while. Now Miami's back is Miami Back? Is Carson back back to being in the conversation? Is the number one pick in the NFL draft? Like, how back are the Canes?
Speaker 6: Well, I just saw him in person, Unfortunately, I was there in Tallahouse, Florida State Seminoles got beat down pretty good. The score was a little bit misleading at the end, and I could say, first hand, they look like one of the best teams. I think there's three teams that have separated. I think it's Ohio State, I think it's Oregon, and I think it's Miami. And the thing that Miami has is their schedule was front loaded where I didn't think they would run through this thing unscathed. I thought maybe they'd before and one. But they already beat Notre Dame. That's a really good win. They already beat South Florida handily. Who's a team that you know is pretty good in the group of five might even make the playoffs. As a group of five, representative they beat Florida and they beat Florida State, and I know Florida is not that good, but that's still a pretty good win against the SEC team. They beat Florida State, who did beat Alabama. They're still in the top twenty five. That's a good win. And so now in the back end of their schedule they really don't have any more tests. The only question that remains is are they going to be able to handle the success, because that's something they didn't handle well last year. Remember, they lost two games in the month of November to find themselves in the outside looking in, and they were one of the last game of the season was against Syracuse and they were a double digit favorite and they laid an egg. So as long as they don't do pull one of those, they will be back. But they still in twenty years have not won an ACC championships and they've been since they've been in the ACC. But they do like to look like this is the best team that they've had in the twenty years and compared to the other competition in the ACC, they should lock up their first ACC title and probably a home game in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Miami unable to handle their own success please any canal joining us right now on the Petros and Money Show. He is a fabulous guest and a great college football resource for all of us. Courtesy of bed Online. Danny, Well, you mentioned Oregon and how good they are, and they are. They've been great consistently for some time now. And when they hired Dan Lanning, I got to be honest, I had no idea who he was. It felt like a weird hire. It felt like a guy that didn't that that didn't fit in Eugene, Oregon. How did they know that this was going to be the guy? And how did he turn Dante Moore into a great quarterback who was just awful at UCLA? What are we looking at?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: I think there's a lot of luck involved. Like I mean, there's been a lot of coaches who come up through the pipeline. And when you coach at Alabama and you coach at Georgia and you're under Kirby Smart, you look like you're groomed to be the next best thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I do think Dan Lanning was one of those foot ball minds that really is off the charts. And then his energy and his enthusiasm. I mean, you guys have heard him talk. I mean you hear him when they have those videos of him talking to the team. He is one of the highest energy guys that just coaches with so much passion and it's infectious and most importantly, the players respond to his style. So then you compare this high energy, young, energetic coach and you give them the resources that they have at Oregon, which are probably some of the best resources across college football when you consider the Nike money, the Big Ten money, and the Phil Knight, you know, backing all of it has them probably is one of the strongest teams to be able to pay the players and have that over the cap money in addition to the REP share money that's coming there. So I think all of that has been like the perfect storm. And for Dante Moore, I think that's one where as a true freshman, you guys saw it. He struggled with interceptions, he was thrown to the wolves way too early, and I do think it is amazing because the quarterback position is you can be great and you may not play great because of your surroundings. He was in an unfortunate situation at UCLA. The talent wasn't quite as good as it is now around him in Oregon, and you saw somebody who was kind of thrown to the Wolves too early in his career before he was ready. So then he goes and he sits behind Dylan Gabriel last season, catches his breath, watches the most experienced quarterback that we see in college football with Dylan Gabriel, and I thought that did wonders for him to watch how he prepared, how he practiced, how he processed on game day, so that when he stepped in he really did have a true mentor in front of him. And you have not missed a beat. I think he's been one of the best surprises of the season. We knew as a five star coming out he was talented. He wondered if you could see that development. And Will Stein, their offensive coordinator, puts him in really good positions. But I thought he looked so composed and so poised in death in Happy Valley during a white out against the defense, which is really good. I know they got smoke versus UCLA, but that still was a good defense, and he didn't look rattled at all. In fact, he looked like one of the best qulders backs in the country. So I think it's kind of a culmination of all those things. Got better talent around him. He's able to catch his breath, he's able to mature, and he's able to actually give it a chance to develop. And they've done a great job developing him.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Ucla Danny one of the gray I mean here in La one of the great wins, one of the great upsets. Just kind of your thoughts on what they were able, Tim Skipper, and obviously you know a lot of the attention on Jerry Neuheisel call and plays and how much different nico Ia Malayava looked and that offense looked, and if there's maybe a little bit of success in their future and what you know this means for James Franklin on the flip side of that going forward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'll take the Ucla side first. I mean, that was the story of the college football weekend. It was a slow weekend. Penn State's a twenty four and a half point favorite, and they go get beat, you know, by an interim coach, a first time play caller, and a quarterback who had had his own roller coaster, right like Nico goes out there. I thought it was a mistake, the way he left Tennessee. I thought it was you know, it wasn't working out well. You thought it could derail his career. And then all of a sudden, and I'll put it in Tim Skipper's words and Jerry Newhouse's words, it is amazing what belief can do in a college program, right, I mean, because they just had been so beaten down. Nobody believed in him, and it's you know, it's hard to explain why they didn't work with the Sean Foster. Why couldn't he motivate that way? But for whatever reason, it didn't work. So then you get a fresh you know, a fresh coaching staff, younger staff, and all of a sudden, the players start to believe and the game starts to unfold, so that belief continues to grow. You score, then you get an on side kick, and all of a sudden, something special feels like it's brewing and you're able to pull off one of these shocks. And I do think you know, Jerry's great. I know Rick really well. We work together at CBS. I've played golf with Rick and Jerry. They're great people. They're such a great football family, and obviously their history with UCLA makes it even that much more special. But I do think Nico took a lot of that game on his shoulders. I mean, he led the team in rushing, he had five total touchdowns. When things weren't breaking down, he is just making plays. So I think that's the thing I'd be most excited about. And now you've got to see if you can carry that momentum. They're still an eight and a half point underdog with to go to East Lansing. Now you got to travel across the country see if you can kind of capture that and get some momentum going in the right direction. And even if that game is competitive, and let's say they lose by a field goal, that looks way better than losing to UNLV or New Mexico like some of the schools they were losing to. So I think it clearly was a focal point, like a critical point of their season. That could be an entirely new direction for UCLA, which is much much needed.
Speaker 2: As you guys know, where does USC go from here? Do they beat Michigan? Do they do? I mean, Lincoln Riley goes to Illinois they lose. They took a lead, but Illinois fumbled twice going into the end zone. They look kind of the same as always. Not a blue blood, not a world beater, not worthy of a coach with one hundred million dollar buyout. What's USC gonna do? Cool?
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be the same question that I have for them against Illinois, and that game they failed. The question they did not answer. It was the physicality and petros. I'm sure you watch them to that game. I was like, man, this is Illinois and they're kind of pushing around USC up front, you know the offensive and defensive line discrimage. Yeah, I mean they were pushing them around, right, So you saw it. And Michigan is a more physical team than you have at Illinois. But the one thing that Michigan does have and he's uber talented, but Bryce Underwood is a younger quarterback. So I do think they can stack up the lines of scrimmage and really sell out and stop the run and say, all right, freshman, let's see. I know you're making all this money in Michigan and you've got all this potential, but you haven't won a game yet. On your hand, like on your back, you haven't put the team there. I think that has to be their priority to sell out and stop the run. And Michigan wants to run the football right. They are physical upfront. I do think that USC will be able to put up points on Michigan's defense. Jane Mieva has been awesome and they've been running the ball pretty well with Wayman. So I do think that USC can win this game. And I think it is so. I mean, there's been a lot of these games for Lincoln Riley and for USC that feel like, all right, this is the time, need to show you make that step forward. And when I talk to Lincoln Riley the Big Ten media days, he told me they're getting close and against it once again. They were close against Illinois, came up short. Eventually, you have to win some of these close games or it just becomes who you are. But I actually do like USC to get it done this weekend. I think they'll be able to slow down Michigan's run game enough and and force Price underwinning the mistakes. And I do think they win and get it done. But if they don't, then it's a massive question of where do they go from here? And I don't know the answer for that, which is the way that's clear. You're hoe the.
Speaker 2: Great Danny Canell. Nobody's better. He's always mixing it up with everybody, and he always emerges the victor. Serious Exam the Cover three podcast brought to you by bad Online because Canal knows what he's doing. Thank you, Danny, have a wonderful week and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: You guys too. Always great. That's a good jaunt around the world of college football with Danny Canal.
Speaker 2: We get back to the Dodgers in the world of the MLB and some of your reaction. Next on the Petro Some Money Show on AM fi seventy LA Sports. Hello, PMS listener, Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Petro Some Money AM five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeart radio app. Still an opportunity for you to win those tickets to Game three out at Dodger Stadium, Dodgers Phillies. We'll give them away between now and the top and next hour. How about that, between now and six your chance to get into Dodger Stadium tomorrow for Yamamoto versus Aaron Nolan, an opportunity for the Dodgers to punch their ticket to the NLCS with a victory. So keep listening. Give them away between now and six pm.
Speaker 2: We have a few textosos for everybody on the Secret Textoso line.
Speaker 5: The Secret text Dosal line, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it easy. I believe this is a reaction to your earlier serial dissertation, Matt, all the cheerios and all the varieties. Yeah, I got a lot of people like, you know, what, does he know what's in those? And all that. I'm not gonna bother you with that, but uh, this says, I mean, I guess he knows what's in those.
Speaker 3: It's on the back of the box. Yeah, I mentioned. They basically are just fruity pebbles with the word Cheerios on the front, empty calories.
Speaker 2: This says p Can Matt be any wider no.
Speaker 3: There's an obvious answer to that answer is no, same no, no, no. I mean, what how could I be wider?
Speaker 2: Like? What can I We were sitting at the Dodger game in the suite a few years ago and you were like, I think that's a guy from Ario Speedwagon. It was, and that was pretty white. This says, do you really think Ronnie only drinks Modelo Especials every weekend? Like he claims, I'm calling bs. You know if Ronnie says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, we certainly appreciate it now. I do think there was one time where he suggested something else and we were like, you know, it's kind of Smadello meet a lot of money. I feel like that happened right quite a while ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I I was delicious, it's a sponsor. How is your weekend? Every Monday? Modello meets a lot of Monday It should Iand the reason that he drinks Modello's married to a Latina. I mean, I don't know, right, just turns you guys off. I can't stand bon Jovi.
Speaker 3: Well all right, never say goodbye?
Speaker 2: Does bon Jovi still perform with Richie Samboro or they just complete on the outs. I know they were back kind of like Joe Perry and Steven Tyler.
Speaker 3: They back and forth together, back forth and forth. That's a great question, right, because boy were they on the outs and there were a lot of people and it was, you know, a Kobe Shack style, like a lot of people took Richie side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me how my ass takes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like bon Jovi still does shows together and it's not just John bon Joviy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Come on, Matt, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Ask Tim. He's the big bon Jovi fan.
Speaker 2: If you guys keep singing, we want to hear the streets of Philadelphia. Well, no, I was Bruce, No, dude, I think they played that at the end of the at the end of the game last night at Citizen's Bank, while everybody was filing out. It might have had something to go to greet me. A lot of people very upset, very much, So I might have had something to do with that.
Speaker 4: I do have an answer to your question about bon Jovi. Yes, a limited private concert tour in June to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: There you go, So you think it's so they did it? Yeah, everything.
Speaker 2: It's like five guys five buses, like they hate each other, like the Eagles.
Speaker 3: I think the money's just so big, you know that. They're like, I hate you, I hate you. You're cool, not really crazy about you. But we're gonna make about fifteen million bucks for these ten shows.
Speaker 2: So let's go job you the keyboard guy with all the stuff in his hair.
Speaker 4: Yes, John Bon Joby does have a throat issue that he's dealing with and currently no large scale public tours are confirmed for the near future.
Speaker 2: Well that's why these tickets we've given away today say darn valuable. All right, well there's the latest there. We'll be right back. We've got two more hours of great sports talk, starting with some local knowledge, Top Story of the day, We've got quick hits, dead and live guy, Birthday of the Day. A lot to come here on a five seventy eight ISLA Sports, your Home of the Dodgers, and we'll be out of Dodger Stadium tomorrow