Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Thus do I counsel you? My friends? Did trust? Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful?
Speaker 2: How you Spetro saying money on a flex Alert two o'clock going until four o'clock because we got Clippers basketball tonight on this Friday. We are your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, and be sure to check the schedule for Dodger Talk. David Bassey gonna be covering those winter meetings. He joined us yesterday. You can follow him on the social media channels as you can follow AM five seventy LA Sports, the Petros and Money Show pms on demand. All of it is available through the iHeartRadio app. You can set a pre set on AM five to seventy LA Sports and remember anything you missed like today. If you're not tuned in right now, but then you hear this via the podcast, you will not have missed a flex alert that began at two o'clock because we have Clippers basketball at five against the Memphis Grizzlies pregame at four. So a short two hour show on this Friday p but even though it is short, does not mean it will lack content, impactful content. Between now and three point fifty five pm, we are.
Speaker 3: Packed with content, content, constipated. We have got a college football whip around, we have got a word number song of the day, we have got a dead and a live guy birth there of the day. We have got a top story of the day. And we're hopeful.
Speaker 4: We've talked about it.
Speaker 3: We've talked about it, but we are hopeful.
Speaker 1: Hopeful music at noon, Hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 3: We're hopeful that that will be enough to satiate the masses because the demand for great sports talk is great and what we do it's not easy. You might think it's easy, and that's only.
Speaker 2: The can't do what we do. We can do what you can do exactly. You know what we can do.
Speaker 3: Go go talk now, do it, see if you can, and.
Speaker 2: I'll do it for three hours. That's what we do. You can't do this. I could write that article even though I didn't go to journalism school at Northwestern, I could write that.
Speaker 3: On the corner. You can't do what we do.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: We're a free flowing, constipated sprinkler. And before we get into what a glorious week it's been in great sports talk, it is also a Frogman Friday, So.
Speaker 2: We have to do all that stuff, darn right. We do.
Speaker 3: The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. And on the Petro Said Money Show, we are held in the net of wonder of the sea and it's men in mysteries. We also wonder at the greatness. Just like the DVD set we have to give away two weeks from yesterday. At the West Covina BJS, we're always in wonder of the Great Mike Nelson played by the one and only Lloyd Bridges and perhaps the most innovative an exciting television show ever made. See how I was working in a reservoir high in the mountains of South America. Not too tough a job, but an important one. The feed pipe we were installing supplied drinking, cooking and washing water and thousands of people. My name is Mike Nelson. I had a good assistant, Durango Lima, a local diamond. He was experienced and careful.
Speaker 5: That was why he was good.
Speaker 3: Bill Plaski, a friend of the show.
Speaker 6: Are you nuts? We're still gonna take that to Florida? You know what that's like these days? You got the f and Navy everywhere. You got frogmen, frogman, you got EC two's with the satellite trackings.
Speaker 3: You got the effing Bell two O nine assault choppers off the ass.
Speaker 6: We're losing one out of every nine loans. That's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about the money. What do you suggest that is reasonable?
Speaker 3: What's reasonable? And that was a great performance.
Speaker 2: Love hearing Bill plash you do that.
Speaker 3: What's reasonable is sea lab?
Speaker 2: Check out?
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, We're happy to be with you on this great day in great sports talk. I think Matt hit all the scheduled talk. Today we're on early because the Clippers are in Memphis, and then there's Monday Night football with the Chargers on Monday, so we'll have a full four hour show while Matt is doing Chargers Eagles on KFI AM six forty. So a lot going on in the world of schedule talk. But I have to say, Matt, it's been a great week just for themes. I believe the week started out with the theme. Well, we started out in Downey and we handled our business sus. Nobody gave us anything in Downey. We didn't get the proclamation from the city that we thought. We gave us socks and a T shirt. Yeah, that's true. Carlos something, but he's just listen Carlos. Yeah, actually those are great socks. Yeah, it's very nice of him to bring us gifts. So at least Carlos brought us something. And Frank Yokayama, the mayor of Critos who gave us our awesome proclamation, showed up, but nothing from the city of down And that also brings us to our next moment where we are a week from this coming Thursday, so December eighteenth, We are going to be live for a four hour Petro sent Money Show extravaganza from the Bjay's Restaurant and brew House in West Covina. And there is a preview on the swag closet, which is Matt and I's office, that is just filled with a bunch of stuff from the show for the last twenty plus years. Look on Instagram and you can see all the stuff. People are already trying to call stuff on Instagram and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. And Tim Kates is like he might have Tim Kates in another life worked at a big lots, you know, because he really knew.
Speaker 2: How to organize all that around.
Speaker 3: He moved all of it. Now, how's it going to get moved all the way to West Covina and how will it be distributed? I do not know. But at Petrosen Money on Instagram or the am I seventy on Instagram has me in our office interacting with Matt's bobblehead when he was a hockey player, with the Kings and all of the other stuff that we have now, the American Flag, the stolen Valor, the Stolen Voor Prize pack does not include our flag, right, We're not giving away our flag.
Speaker 2: No, not big one that Captain Chapass gave us, right, that one. Yeah, we're keeping that, Colonel chap Ass, now I believe. But yeah, right, Colonel congratulations.
Speaker 3: Right. But everything else, I mean, it is a real treasure trove. It is like King Solomon's mind in there, and I know Kate's is proud of it. I'm proud of it. Everything must go along with whatever else Dave Weese can dig up for us. I asked for a karaoke a real karaoke machine, and Kate's answer was yeah, right, So it doesn't look like that's gonna happen, But.
Speaker 2: We've got four hours, man, you could check out. I think we know someone that we might be able to rent the karaoke machine from.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, social media. Matt has a side hustle where he's got one of those like Instagram things that like twirls around you. Right three, So we got that thing, Well, we don't have it. We'd have to we'd have to rent it from social media, Matt.
Speaker 2: So we procure that from social media Matt, and then if you'll allow me to file the request right here, right now, Ronnie, can we borrow your karaoke machine? Can we rent your karaoke machine?
Speaker 3: That? Matt. I don't think you're gonna let us.
Speaker 2: You think I'm you think I should tread lightly here.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that, Matt.
Speaker 2: What if we get Ronnie to come with us and he can be like the karaoke DJ, you know how, like when you go to karaoke night at your local and look.
Speaker 3: And get Katie to cover the board for the day.
Speaker 2: Katie covers the board. Ronnie's are karaoke K five style right, like up mixt Roger.
Speaker 3: And I believe Ronnie has some roots in West Covina or the Covena area, right.
Speaker 2: So hey, he's got family out there now.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, Matt. That's very What do you think. I mean, you're you're the one that's not scared. You're not scared to ask for stuff. I'd be scared as hell to do that, I'd I'd be I'd be scared as hell to go up in front all those people. What if you f up?
Speaker 2: You know what, man, it's Friday. Let's roll the dice.
Speaker 3: Don't do it, Matt? Are you gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Roll? The dice man, Let's roll the ice.
Speaker 3: The reason you don't hear from Kate's right now is because his mouth is.
Speaker 2: Just oh, he just left the studio. He wants nothing to do with this.
Speaker 3: He's a dog.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, Ronnie, Hey Matt. So, uh word has it that you own a karaoke machine?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be true? Yes, yes, indeed, what are you?
Speaker 2: What are you doing December eighteenth, week from yesterday or two weeks from yesterday.
Speaker 5: There's something special going on that day. What's happening is.
Speaker 2: That we have a Petros in Money Show appearance out at the BJ's Restaurant in Brewe House in West Covina. We were thinking, because it's a full four hour show, Petros had the idea that maybe we have This is all his idea, by the way, I'm just a guy moving the message here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Sure, so of course you're the idea.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure trying to figure out if we knew anyone with a karaoke machine with affiliated with the show, and wondering maybe.
Speaker 3: I remember, I'm sorry, go ahead, continue to pitch.
Speaker 2: Wondering maybe I could if we could use your karaoke machine, and maybe if we can find someone else to run the board that day. Maybe you could even come on out and act as our karaoke DJ, you know, and kind of facilitate the function of the machine with the people out there.
Speaker 5: That's a interesting proposal that you are pitching me, Mad.
Speaker 2: It was kind of straightforward.
Speaker 5: Ye, I'll take interest. Yeah, it is rather interesting because I do remember the last time that I was at Petros and Money Remote. It was at Tarantula Hill, and I think it was like two years ago, two Christmases ago, coming up this December, it was right, and so I did call there was there was this this guy there, this like weirdo who wanted to like sing karaoke, and he kept like wanting to get all upset. And well, first of all, I would have to ask my wife. The second, second of all, I don't know if I want that guy's grimy hands all over my microphus.
Speaker 3: I mean, what about every listener in West Covina. They're going to be all over your stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this guy likes to take ownership of everything there at the remote.
Speaker 2: When it comes to if we got Mark away, what if we were to keep him away, I don't know if.
Speaker 3: We don't do that because if we say we have a karaoke machine, that guy is going to really want to do it. Like he comes over and sings to me without the karaoke machine to try to show off a singing press.
Speaker 5: Believe me, I barely met him for the very first time, and he wouldn't leave me alone. He kept saying, you know, I do a great rendition of Fiddler on the Road.
Speaker 3: See what started, Matt. He's not going to give you the machine.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 5: You know, it was an all fairness, In all fairness, I will run it up the flagpole with the wife, okay, with all the details included. I'll take that and uh, I'll get back to you.
Speaker 3: I mean we would also need, like Ronnie to be a real barker running the karaoke side energy.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I would be able to do that, guys, because who's going to run things? Katie no longer?
Speaker 2: Would you do it?
Speaker 5: She doesn't know, she's she has a full time.
Speaker 3: Gig, but she worked here the other day for us.
Speaker 5: That was prior commitments. So I mean, I don't know anything's possible. I mean that we could.
Speaker 2: We get I feel like it's leaning no though, Well we can we can we can ask a lot.
Speaker 5: Katie if she would be interested or if she if that's a possibility for her to even do that.
Speaker 3: You see what happened, Matt. And if this is happened, if we're now we're.
Speaker 5: Stars aligned, if the stars.
Speaker 3: All spinning in the mud, our wheels are spinning.
Speaker 5: Then I would have to join the remote.
Speaker 2: Look at that. There we go, Pete. We just had someone show up with a two by eight. They shoved it under our tires. We're out of the mud. The cars covered in mud, so we're not totally out of the woods yet.
Speaker 5: Well, let's not rely on those chains yet, Matt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like we're in an okay place though all.
Speaker 4: Gladly stay back and do everything back here. If Ronnie wants to go out, the people want to see you, Kates. They want to press your fout.
Speaker 3: The giving away, What about the giving away of all the stuff, Tim, somebody's got to facilitate that on the merch guy now at the back of the marine room. We can't trust our promotions department to do it. We got to how are we going to give away vis Bougie Whiskey.
Speaker 5: And who's going to talk to the union guy during the breaks a question.
Speaker 3: I just got a text from David Vassay who writes he doesn't want to give it up.
Speaker 5: Hey, if David Vassay makes an appearance, that is a U. That's that's a shifting moment there, that's that's a shift in the moment. This this David mass wants to participate in, then that is definitely negotiable.
Speaker 3: This tech says, that's a big no from Ronnie.
Speaker 2: I think it was worth the swing man.
Speaker 3: Well, but the sad part is like we've taken and generating a bunch of advertising money with BJ's we have a four hour show. Shouldn't our station? iHeartMedia, the biggest radio company in the world.
Speaker 2: Freeble books and a karaoke machine for us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why can't we do that? Why is everything such a travesty to where we have to beg Ronnie on air and get a maybe a very lukewarm perhaps like that's this that pisses me off?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I hate that more than I hate not having a karaoke machine we want.
Speaker 4: Things aren't fair. Last night I went to California Adventure Coast one O three point five hosted it. I saw there on air host in Jock's all riding in floats in a paradeum last time. I don't think market Kimer's still there anymore. Ellen k was there and her cast of characters that help out in the morning, and they were all on parade floats and it was a big celebration. So I think that's where all the money went.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, And instead we're begging Ronnie for his karaoke machine, and he's gonna ask his wife like this is.
Speaker 2: That's the petros And money show, and that encapsulates the Petrosen money show.
Speaker 3: We deserve better. We deserve an airbrush guy and our own karaoke machine and our own three sixty Instagram machine and anything we else we asked for for our many successful remote endeavors. And I am damn tired of begging Ronnie on air for his karaoke machine.
Speaker 2: He's got to right by the wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think about it as the wife.
Speaker 3: I want to be part of this conversation. And this is absolutely And then one look at the rest of the stuff that happened this week. We've organized our closet. Matt spoke the words that got us a new water cooler. Matt spoke the words that got Fred's microphone fixed. So there's been some positive stuff that has happened.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe you've just spoken the words that get us a karaoke machine.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: How about we close up like that. I feel like the new boss is pretty receptive to these sort of things, like, hey, you know what, he makes a good point. These guys, they are dragging their ass all over the Southland, you know, from Downey to West Covina.
Speaker 3: Like a dog itching its butthole. That's how we drag all around during the.
Speaker 2: Fall soritos doing se We got to do four full hours. There are very few shows at the station that can do four hours.
Speaker 3: They can't do what we do.
Speaker 4: I got an iPad, guys, and I got a little dongle there that you can put it to it and connect you to a microphone.
Speaker 2: That wire is sixteen inches long.
Speaker 3: And instead I got running that Katie doesn't work here. That's prior commitments. Like I mean, I'm at a loss, you know, I'm at a loss. Forget it. We'll just go and and no, we need Detroit Plant pizza, the Remix pizza.
Speaker 5: You know, they have an app on your phone, karaoke app on your phone called sinking and you could like like download it.
Speaker 4: No, that sucks, Ronnie.
Speaker 2: I know I need. What we need is we need a a meeting point. I need a fish bowl. I need I need pencil and paper where you write down what song you want and it's put into the bowl and and there's a tip jar and you get jumped to the front of the line if you tip the karaoke DJ.
Speaker 3: Just trying to make the show special. And look at what. I don't want to do this, honestly, I don't want to do this anymore. Let's get to our content. I can't believe it. I can't believe that we can't even prepare. I can't believe it. I'm not coming up. I'm not coming on here anymore. That we can't even get a karaoke machine from Ronnie and organize that we can't even do that.
Speaker 4: Do we know if it's a good machine? Is that like the lyrics on there, Ronnie, that you actually see the song lyrics.
Speaker 5: We had two years ago, Tim, I'll tell you it's the top of the line.
Speaker 2: Top o the line.
Speaker 5: Growth karaoke machine.
Speaker 4: How about a shiny fifty dollars BJ's gift card coming your way, Ronnie, if we can use.
Speaker 5: It, I already got one of those.
Speaker 2: Oh, son of a.
Speaker 3: Pitch, We'll be back. I'm so frustrated. I'm so frustrated by this. It's a terrible thing. I am. We deserved better, We deserve some support.
Speaker 4: Why are you surprised, Petros I went to California Adventure last night. There was a private party that I couldn't get into where they were at serving drinks and having a fun time. Meanwhile, but you have measure modes, you gotta. You're getting chased out of the building with the receipt like zur want to pay this, make sure you pay this.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: It's what endears us to our listeners.
Speaker 4: Oh excuse me, sir, I don't think anybody paid this bill.
Speaker 2: Failure, our incredible failure in the eyes of our corporate bosses AM Radio.
Speaker 3: But we've done so many good things. More people come to more people come to our remotes than any of the FM remotes combined.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, guys, I don't know if you know, but the Thursday night game is a RAM game, so we're not gonna have it on the broadcast there, So you want to move that, not just send him anyway. They'll be fine, no big deal. They're good for four hours.
Speaker 3: We will be fine there and we are good for four hours. But what about a karaoke machine? What about some cooperation from our own sound engineer? Why can't we have anything? You fix, friends, Mike, you fix the water cooler? What about it?
Speaker 2: Want blood?
Speaker 3: Top story of the day next. I'm tired of the lies.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Its humiliating, Well.
Speaker 2: It'd be humiliating if we weren't so used to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, can we get a guy that makes like balloon animals or anything, like.
Speaker 2: A sword swallower?
Speaker 3: That would be really cool.
Speaker 4: That would be awesome. Matt, you know one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's my partner.
Speaker 3: So it takes a lot. Man like you've never swallowed a few swords in your time.
Speaker 4: The key is to pull the sword out.
Speaker 3: Though we're gonna get some kind that's like I could do it. They're gonna kill himself in front of my sex. That would be our luck begging Ronnie for a karaoke machine. That's what it's come to, Ronnie. Do you think that maybe, guess Matt.
Speaker 2: Yes, just kind of poke around here a little bit, and that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be in West Covina two weeks from yesterday at the BJS and we're gonna make that show special. Damn it. It's time right now for the top story of the day.
Speaker 2: Well your top story. P Let's get to it, and it's moving.
Speaker 3: Any sort swallowers, Yeah, got one right next to me, swallows a whole lot of swords, if you know what I mean. We'll cause swallowed a lot of aggression too, Matt.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people. Well that's what you call it. Uh. Four and a weekend is what I need. I forgot about yesterday. I lost Monday at football. I missed all the Thanksgiving games. Gotta get back on track. Two games this week. I really like I'm gonna start with the Chiefs lose on national television Thanksgiving Day, no less, everyone counting you out because of those brain busting, brilliant playoff odds got them at thirty seven percent to make the tournament. And then what happens to the Chiefs. They're gonna go on a tear, They're gonna punch their ticket. They're gonna win three road games and end up in the super Bowl. That's kind of how this thing seems to always play out. And now maybe not. The team is certainly flawed. They're down their stud rookie left tackle. They're down their stud right guard, highest paid guard in the league. As a matter of fact, they have not practiced this week. Neither is their below average right tackle. And that's what going up to Houston, that is what they would need going against the Houston Texans defense. I should say the best defensive front not really close in the league, but Patrick Mahomes Andy Reid on a mini bi defense has struggled. I did hear someone ask CJ. Stroud if he was ready for the incoming pass rush of stone cold Jones. Maybe just call him Chris Jones in the presser. Now, maybe just go ahead to call him Chris. And that's coming off last night's Amazon Prime game where Kirk Herbstreet kept calling Brian Schottenheimer shoddy.
Speaker 3: Yes, Shatzi, yeah, shoddy.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, whatever you two want to grab ass and call yourselves on the text fine and the production meaning great, but can we at least mix it up and call him coach or Brian or Schottenheimer.
Speaker 3: Like I said about the situation with Lane Kiffin, that's the way that guy was in two thousand and one, just an immense bag when I met him. And that's the way Shots he was when I met him in nineteen ninety nine, A huge d bag, and he's still that annoying SHOTSI I'm gonna what.
Speaker 2: Get that sort out of your mouth?
Speaker 3: You got hey? Shut up?
Speaker 2: The Chiefs are cockerroaches. I'll lay the three and a half and say they win by a touchdown. I'm gonna guess it'll be some combination of the refs helping out by not calling holding on the offensive line, Patrick Mahomes, magic and Swifties all rolled into one. So I'll take the Chiefs minus three and a half. I'm gonna take the Rams in a bounce back weird game in Carolina. Bad game for Matthew Stafford is only bad game this season. The Cardinals this year are zero and eight against winning teams. Rams match up well with them, got both Pooka and DeVante out there. DeVante Adams, leading the league and receiving touchdowns. Kyron Williams running the hell out of the ball. He'll probably cross a thousand yards by the time this one is over. Cardinals have lost four in a row, the last two being tight contest with the Bucks and Jaguars, but the two prior to that against their NFC West rivals Seattle in San Francisco, lost by a combined eighty five to forty four. So big number on the road. I'm gonna lay the eight and a half. Those are our favorites pe to the Dogs. I'm gonna take the Jaguars at home. Not the Jaguars, but the Jaguars, but the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Jaguars.
Speaker 2: But they're one and a half point dogs to the Colts.
Speaker 3: What can I say? What can I say about Jacksonville, Well, there's a few different ways to say, yaguar.
Speaker 2: If you watch the Colts game last week, Daniel Jones cannot move. He fractured that leg and some of his pals from Duke three D printed him a pad. Didn't seem to work out that well. He was a sitting target against the Texans. They loaded up the box to slow down Jonathan Taylor held them to just seventeen first downs three to ten on third down. Jones had picked up seventy yards on ten carries the previous two prior to the Houston game, when he rushed just one time for one yard. Trevor Lawrence has not been great, but he ceased at least being awful. Six touchdowns on this win streak but four interceptions. He has, however, rushed for fifty five yards in the last two games as well and three rushing tds in his last five. Real improvement, though, has been on defense. Josh hinz Allen has come a lot four sacks in the three straight wins. Trayvon Walker expected back, so I figure with those two pressuring Jones, it'll look a lot like it did last week against the Texans, maybe lead to a fumble a pick. So I will go ahead and take the points and the Jaguars or the jag wires the jack.
Speaker 3: Wars, and you know I have to sell you, Craig. Why don't you use that creativity to get us a karaoke machine?
Speaker 2: Matt, I'm trying. I tried, I was pleading and humiliated. Let's have some fun. Why don't we? Huh? Bengals are getting five and a half. The Steelers stink, the Ravens stink, and the Bengals if they can win this game in Buffalo gonna be on a path to win the AFC North. After this game, they get Baltimore at home, a team they just hammered on the road last week thirty two to fourteen with Joker Rold lighting it up. They get Miami Arizona Cleveland. They knock off the Ravens after beating Buffalo this week, they'll be five and one in the division and finish nine and eight. The Steelers and Ravens still play twice, so one or both of them are gonna knock the other one out as they're six and six. The Bengals are four and eight. But I do love the hero story of Burrop. He gets healthy just in time. They average forty per game on offense to close out the year and win this crappy division at nine and eight. So I will take the Bengals and what is a hope play plus five and a half. So I got two favorites, I got two dogs, and I need me a four and zero weekend. After ignorantly taking the Giants and the points on Monday night, football only to have dude.
Speaker 3: But did you see Jackson Dart chewing that gum and fixing his hair. That guy's awesome.
Speaker 2: I like that guy wears a turtleneck with a gold chain. Choose that gum takes a hit like a champ.
Speaker 3: That's how shots he was. He loved rocking that turtleneck around La Brian Schottenheimer, and no one bothered to tell him. No one bothered to tell him that La doesn't really embrace men in turtlenecks. No one ever told Stu Lance that either I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, Stu, you know, would say, hey, it's not a turtleneck, it's a dicky.
Speaker 3: It's a dickey. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So Shotzi was wearing a dickey instead. So again, Chiefs laid the three and a half, Rams, lay the eight and a half jags. Let's take the one and a half and Bengals will take the five and a half. And maybe those four picks will provide such a lucrative opportunity for one of our listeners that they'll bestow us a gift of a karaoke machine. Well just a thought.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of things we could we could effort we have two weeks, you know, less than two weeks. We could effort a live band. We could effort a karaoke machine, a cigarette girl, a cigarette lady, a lady going around selling flowers the men can buy the women, a guy walking around with a polaroid selling you polaroids, or yourself at the show, like we could. Really, we can do a lot.
Speaker 2: Make this a real. I mean, it is our year end blowout.
Speaker 3: It's the year end show, and everybody's sitting here and you know it just having to have it. Matt, I got a lot of respect for you. You know, I might be hold on Kate's I'm saying something important on a roll here. I got a lot of respect for you, Matt, A lot, Okay. I mean you don't swallow swords like me. Okay, I only swallowed dack. And to hear you, Matt, to hear you have to bend the knee, hat in hand and go to Ronnie and ask for the karaoke machine that he owns that we could use on our remote. And to hear you get shined on like an old friend asking to borrow money. You know, it's just sad. It makes me, yeah to see my hero hat in hand, begging Ronnie. You know, in the meantime, I'm here in the corner swallowing swords. You know. It's heartbreaking. Sorry, I just wanted to say that. Yes, Tim, I was depressing. I don't know how to follow that up here. It's hard, don't you feel the same. I mean, they're talking about the voice of the Bolts.
Speaker 4: I mean my suggestion would be like a Santa Claus and like listeners can go over and sit on Santa's lap and yeah, tell me what they want for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Well, we could get Vic to come out, could.
Speaker 4: Be saying it in his two slutty eels or something like that.
Speaker 3: You think Vic's thirsty enough to actually finally come out.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you only had a beard still, that was actually.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's already shaved. Now that the ocean has turned to yogurt, I've lost my spoon.
Speaker 2: Vic.
Speaker 3: We wanted you at the show, but.
Speaker 2: You shaved.
Speaker 3: Terrible, huh. I just hurt to see Matt, you know, it's like seeing him beat up your hero.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel that bad about it, but now I do. Hey, Ronnie, realize I humiliated myself that much?
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 2: I was begging a little bit. There wasn't I right, Yeah, it was unbecoming.
Speaker 3: Oh think about it. It's like you'll think about it. And the worst part is we work for a billion dollar company. It's one karaoke machine, one cigre red girl, one girl selling flowers, one girl with a polaroid. I want them all to be similar shape, you know, like the dan Nettes, the chicks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 4: It could be like the smoke house where they have somebody going around taking your picture.
Speaker 3: And the exactly and you know what we want.
Speaker 2: You have candy, cigarettes, cigarettes, candy.
Speaker 3: And you know what we can do if we offer a karaoke machine, we can put a tip jar up on the table for people to tip us, because we're like karaoke guys. Yeah, home with some money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we should just sign up for cameo.
Speaker 3: No, never, I'd rather put a tip jar at the remotes. We'll be back with some reaction to this shameful show.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 2: That one is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a musk, follow us all.
Speaker 3: And many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to Am five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Going till four o'clock. Got Clippers basketball to I take it on. The Grizzlies football will be on Monday night Chargers versus Eagles, Monday Night football out there at SOFI Stadium on KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tam, you know we got a pair of tickets for that Monday night football game.
Speaker 3: Got another one.
Speaker 4: Took it out in the prize closet. Yeah, eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. How about caller ten and us honor Justin Herbert number ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. Somebody's going to money and I book.
Speaker 2: Two fifty instead of after three o'clock. That's why you did it, Kate's that's why you did it. I just realized that you knew I would hold on to him until the three o'clock hour to be petty and not give it away. In the Rogan and Rodney show, I'm just glad you, Kate. I jumped in and gave it away last time.
Speaker 3: He rang the doorbell He's like, hey, we know any sword swallowers and Matt was like, yeah, and check out my partner here. That's what happened last break. This time it's tickets. It's something for somebody, So that's good. But if you've missed the show, the best thing on this show is probably David Vessey's devil voice this week. But yeah, you can't just rest on our laurels. And today we've been trying to negotiate with our own sound engineer, Ronnie Fossio for his karaoke machine because we can't get a decent one, and not that we really want anybody singing karaoke at the remotes during the breaks, but it it's so horribly bad. The last time we tried it with Dave Weese's six inch cord and the iPad and the fact that we promoted karaoke or kerryok as they say, for weeks and then it was a terrible disappointment, you know. It was like ordering something from the back of the comic book kind of disappointment and boo, right, and it was terrible, and I just I want to pay it off with a real karaoke machine, Matt, you know, And we got a four hour Christmas show. Yeah, and instead we're asking Ronnie it's just anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, instead of listen, when we first got going in this little thing we have now had for nearly two decades, right across the street, we had Dimples sing for your tape, Yeah, sing for your t shirt, sing for the surf side cooler, sing for the bibble. We could have gone over there and done it instead of just doing raffle tickets. Now you sing for your prize. It's a pretty good interactive way to get the people involved. Throw caution to the wind, put yourself out there.
Speaker 3: Well, here's some texts regarding the situation. I think you're right, Matt. You know you're the guy who gives away the prizes. You can figure that out.
Speaker 5: The secret text us up fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy, you know what. I'm busy doing polishing knobs. Wow, who knew Ronnie was such a disgruntled employee. Why can't you just buy him a new microphone and let the drunken fools at your remote slabber all over the old one. Not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we feel like we can just put one of those foam things on it, right, just get like.
Speaker 3: A no no, take it up the flagpole and see who salutes dot dot dot But no one ever does.
Speaker 2: No, it is the PMS flag is never saluted ever.
Speaker 3: P You only swallow Paul, thank you.
Speaker 2: I feel better now.
Speaker 3: Nothing says party like Mark the karaoke guy and Fiddler on the roof.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, great point.
Speaker 3: It is terrible. Damn p You and Mat are just poking the dog just like the boys and stand by me with Ronnie Choppers is gonna stick your balls, Chopper? And you know what, Matt and I didn't talk about that before the show. Matt wasn't like, hey, hey, I'm gonna go after Ronnie about the karaoke s back me up, have my back. No, you just went and did it, you know, like we didn't have a plan. That's the OK Corral. You just pulled out your gun and started firing crazy.
Speaker 2: And think about how well it ended at the OK Corral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, how the mighty have fallen? This is just sad, That's how I felt. Yeah, the Petrosen Money Show deserves an old timey guy with a drum on his back, a harmonica, strapped to his chest. Yeah, and symbols clanking between his knees. Sweet music. Does somebody does Ronnie have that machine at home, because we'll take that too.
Speaker 2: Oh if we can get a one man band, Oh, we can.
Speaker 3: Get like a carnival extravaganza. I want to karaoke Ronnie's theme song, the Chairman of the Board. I don't think that's in the machine. That was a Matumbo block on Matt by Ronnie. Lol. Yeah, and it was, you know how the Filipino blood in me. It would be compelled to make it to the remote if you had carry oka going on. But it sounds like it's not happening. We have we have thirteen days, guys.
Speaker 2: We can pull this off. I feel I feel pretty comfortable saying we can pull this off.
Speaker 3: But I think we need all of it. Cigarettes and candy, juicy fruits. Everything I wanted to strap aganza. Now I can't stop at the karaoke machine, Matt. I can't be humiliated like this cigarette girl. Yeah, one man band, load up dust in the wind on that karaoke playlist, even for a moment. In the moment's cool.
Speaker 4: How about somebody playing the piano like this? The Nordstroms.
Speaker 3: Oh that'd be cool. Oh yeah, get a piano player that can't be that hard.
Speaker 2: No, that's easy. I mean, my god, gotta believe a pretty good population of our listenership.
Speaker 3: You can play a lot that well, they would love it too. Damn it. Maybe we can get a player piano that just plays itself. Damn it. Match should have wait until Ronnie was midway through the song of the day to ask him, well, that's coming up next. I think Ronnie turns our mics down for that.
Speaker 2: I want to stay silent for that one.
Speaker 3: Learn my lesson, well, enjoy those charger tickets. Matt would never have given him away at the two o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Hell no, will wait at least three minutes for those more
Speaker 3: Great sports docks still a come