Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Are you to be joyous is to be a madman in a world of sad ghosts.
Speaker 3: Do the youth Petros and Money LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We got gallpin Ford broadcast booth Baseball action at five ten pm Dodgers v Astros Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. Able to salvage Oho able to salvage a single winn in Saint Louis after dropping the first two. David Vesse joined us last hour even though it was a flex hour. If you missed it, thinking we're just getting started now. Remember anything you miss you can always relive through the iHeartRadio app. In the Petro Some Money Show podcast. Subscribe, download, listen at your leisure, or stream the show live and in the moment anywhere in the world. And all of it is free.
Speaker 2: Just call Sweet James an undern so sorry Engle. It's a modello meets a lot of Monday on the Pentans and Money Show. It's not a real meach if it's not made with modello. Please drink responsibly. All right, it is time for the word of the day. We got a little bit hot with his words. The word of the day. Today's word of the day is Snoop Doggy dog at a long beach. Get ready to be inundated with Snoop Dogg, LA World Cup, LA Olympics. Snoop Dogg is going to be everywhere and he was at the F one events over the weekend. We'll have a report this week. I hope a lot of Dodgers action, a lot of flex shows.
Speaker 3: Real barn Burner of an F one.
Speaker 2: Race, Kimmy Antonelli but in beautiful Miami performing at the Club eleven, which I'm not really sure that's how you say it, because the two l's or one of the l's and eleven, which is not which is not an L at all. It's just two number ones like an eleven, So it's e number eleven E.
Speaker 3: V E M E oh, I gotcha.
Speaker 2: Right Anyway, Snoop Dogg had a T shirt on when he was performing with like a pimp looking sho heo tawny with long hair and a fedora holding up the west side and a pamp look in Yoshi Yamamoto holding up the west side like him and Dre but their heads are superimposed as Otani and Yoshi yamamotol old Taani and yamamotole and a gangster like stance. Snoop Doggs smoking a dube performing at eleven with the number eleven in it in Miami for the F one race, bringing La flavor to the Marlins people who just took two out of three from the Dodgers on the West coast. Just so you know what the cool people are doing, Matt, that's what it.
Speaker 3: Does, Okay, Well, he kind of is our official unofficial ambassador of the City of Los Angeles Welcoming Committee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean at Beauty a Full El Paso, they have the Amigo Man who is like the ambassador of the city, and here we have Snoop doggy dog who's from Long Beach, which is a totally different city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God bless and a big city no less, Yeah, quite.
Speaker 2: Large, Matt. Yeah, look at that harbor. They were able to raise up that bridge. I mean, I like it better than when it was exhibit. It's now time for the number. Number of the day.
Speaker 3: Number of the day is I'm gonna go with like seven mentioned in the hours your weekend if the people were listening. If not, I'll repeat it. The Good Doctor's daughter is a professional soccer player. She's played in Germany, then Mexico for Club America Good Doctor is your friend, yes, and now she plays for the NWSL the Boston Legacy FC. And as a father of three daughters, my oldest played lacrosse. Had to watch a lot of girls lacrosse. Kates can attest because I don't know if it was the programming that led him to leave my room, if it was the odors I was emitting, if there was something, I don't know what it was, but he left my room while I was watching the Big Ten Women's Golf Championships as a form of entertainment, point being, watch a lot of the women's and the girls' sports, and I enjoy a lot of the women's In the girls' sports, the ladies run for gold in the Olympics, and hockey was a great watch. The war Women's World Cup is always a good watch. And yet there is one sport that gets more attention, and the male sex is derided more for not supporting it than any other. And it is making its return, and it is on every morning show that the wife watches, and it is on the front page of the most popular sports website in the world, theevilfour letter dot com, And routinely they trick you into clicking on their stories by putting the city names instead of the team names, and you then realize it's not an NBA story but a WNBA story, and it is completely unwatchable. Of all the women's sports, there is one that is hard as all mother scratch in hell to watch. It does not look like standard basketball. It feels like a different sport entirely, and yet is the one. It's not women's tennis that is a joy to watch, and yet it is the one that they have chosen to shove down our throats. And the NBA owns it or I don't, I don't know, I don't know, we got maxed. Don't know if it's just a product of Yes, they could own whatever sport they wanted. If they wanted to own the women's Professional Soccer League, which looks like soccer when you watch it, they could yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, man, at least they done a really good job at marketing their number one star and treating her with the respect she deserves forgetting everybody paid.
Speaker 3: They it truly is as curious as anything I've ever seen. For twenty plus years, that twenty five years, maybe thirty years now, they have been trying to make this thing work and have given it more attention and invested more money and equity in programming that is probably worth five thousand times the money that they've even sunk into it, which is already one hundred times too much, and they're doing it again. Is it is truly fascinating to me that they continue to believe this is the women's sport that we need to get behind, and this is the one that's going to break into the mainstream and gain a male viewership and really explode out of all the possibilities.
Speaker 2: Don't you like the universal basketball heel Angel.
Speaker 3: Reese she is truly one of the worst basketball players.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: She shoots it like a twenty eight percent clip and she is one of the faces of the league. It is fascinating and it really hit me as I was watching the SoC I'm like, man, the five total goals that were scored were not fluky. One was on a header from a corner. One was an absolute freaking laser from outside the box around a defender. It was really good soccer. And I'm like, and they don't give a damn, but they will shove Angel Reese who shoots twenty percent from the floor down our throats and say we have to respect her. And she's a viable superstar.
Speaker 2: Gabby Hawkas is gonna save the league. Don't worry, Ronnie. Song of the Day kind of.
Speaker 1: This is the song.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 3: This is so so.
Speaker 4: Song of the Day is called Winters Circle from singer, songwriter, percussionist, DJ and all around entertainer Anderson Pack because the Petros and Money Show has returned to the Winner Circle on an I'm a Horse Modello meet a Lot of Monday, where a flexlert is in place for Dodger Baseball trying to remain in the winners circle themselves looking to hit the trifecta against the Astros in Houston in the first of three games, with Tim Cats standing by to deliver that Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck program just for you, beginning at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: I would not have had Ronnie and his wife getting obsessed with Kentucky Derby's shoulder programming over the weekend HLife.
Speaker 4: It was more her than anything else, because she was fascinated with those large hats and the dresses that they were wearing.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 4: She was quite impressed.
Speaker 2: A dandy. We'll be back with more Petros and Money Damsels and dandies. Top story of the day to.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis, Matt money Smith, this is Petro Send Money on Demand.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, everybody. It's Petro Send Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. You have Dodger Baseball Tim Kates with Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck coming up in a mere moment or two after we do the Dead and a live guy. Birthday of the Day next, A big thank you to Ronnie Fossio, mister grandfather at Ronnie Fassio on Twitter, posting the playlist and at Tim kits on Twitter our executive producer, and on x or Twitter we are at Petrosen Money or at the Old p or even at Matt money Smith. We're also on Instagram as well, and the show can be podcast on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone or streamed in the moment. But right now it is time for the top story of the day. Top story of it.
Speaker 3: Well, we just went through it and slapped us open hand slap style right in the face. But again it does not look promising, but neither did the Rockets series, and look how that turned out. Heavy underdogs, the Lakers not only made it a series, but jumped out to a two zero lead. They held home court, one of those games being the one with Kevin Durant playing. They won Game three and the most improbable backs against the wall. Stan Van Gundy already said the game was over with thirty seconds still on the clock and wondering whether or not this series might slip away from them if they can't win Game four. They overcome all of that in twenty eight seconds and a ninety nine percent win probability by the Rockets in that game take an insurmountable three zero series lead, and even when the Rockets punched back, a lot of questions saying, of all the teams that could force of game seven, just about every pundits number one was the Rockets, because the continued disbelief in this Lakers team actually having enough firepower to overcome those young legs in a seven game series. Yet the Lakers brushed it aside like a fly on potato salad at a picnic. And I guess doubting them was foolish. The keys were there, the signs were evident for all of us. They could have slid to the five seed or even the six after Oklahoma City humiliated them by thirty six in Los Angeles, and a Golden State team that was trying to dig out of the ten seed was waiting for the next contest up in San Francisco, and the Lakers hammered him, hammered the Warriors one nineteen to one to oh three on their home court, Lebron with a near triple double with no Donchets, no Austin Reeves, a squad that was reeling on that three game losing streak, and again the most recent being one of the more humiliating losses at Staples Center. Then they had Phoenix sitting in a seventh spot, prime playing position. We were focused. Many were focused on the Clippers and how well they had been playing, maybe ascending to the seventh spot and being a problem for the Spurs. With Kawhi Leonard, who was playing as good as anybody, they had a lot to play for the Lakers again, one hundred and one to seventy three, a twenty eight point pummeling of a Phoenix team that was motivated to hold on to that seven. They did because the Clippers fell apart Lebron again with a near twenty eight point triple double to go with four steals, and that is what carried them into the playoffs. With what every team says they want at the start of a season, a home playoff series. Celtics had a home playoff series. Celtics jumped the Sixers three games to one. They were the team that was supposed to be the class of the Eastern Conference. They were the favorites with the Knicks flailing to their third place finish. A lot of question about Mike Brown not being the guy to lead this team back to the conference finals. Sixers always a disaster waiting to happen that somehow they dug out of that three to one hole, knocked off the Celtics again, the favorites in the East going into the playoffs, and sent Boston Superstar crying on social media about referees and flopping and all the reasons why they lost a three to one series lead instead of their performance. Head coach Joe Mizzoula starting three guys who would combined for fourteen point seven points per game combined Luca Garza, Ron Harper Junior and Baylor Shireman little under eighteen points per game this year, they combined. Yeah, that's what he said. You sure you want to go with these guys? My team's on the floor. They combined for zero points in thirty five minutes. They were the favorites in the East, and they lost in the first run. JJ Reddick, I guess figured it out.
Speaker 2: No doubt you are gonna mention Tatum's injury, righting, Well, I mean Tatum is Kevin Durant's injury.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant, So is Luka Doncic, Luca Reeves. I mean, Luca's a better player than Jason Tatum. He's a better player than Kevin Durant and JJ Reddick figured it out, and yeah, that's how they turned the first round series on its head. No, Kevin Durant, injuries are a big part s happens. And now in this next round, Jalen Williams dealing with a hammy. It's one of their best players. Chat Holmgren missed his entire rookie season, missed fifty games last regular season before being back for the playoffs and obviously helping lead Oklahoma City to their first ever title. He has been a constant this year, sixty nine games, twenty nine minutes per but he is seven foot and under two hundred pounds. As happens to those guys. Now, there is a flip side to this. There's a little problem of the zero and four record in the regular season against the thunder.
Speaker 2: Well, come on, man, I'm surely you can find a way to speak authoritatively and just drown that out.
Speaker 3: Well, I know you'd love for me too, Pee, But the Lakers lost one hundred and twenty one to ninety two on November two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the playoffs are a different animal, right.
Speaker 3: That is a twenty nine point loss. If you didn't want to do the quick.
Speaker 2: Man I lose by nineteen.
Speaker 3: You know, well they only lost. They only lost by nine on February ninth, without Luca, but the Thunder did not play likely back to the back MVP of the league's Sega, Shay Gilges Alexander. So there's that in the nine point is he healthy? He is healthy? The game Luca blew out his hammy. They were already down by thirty and lost by forty five. Yeah, forty five. They lost by one hundred and thirty nine to ninety six on April second. They then rested Lebron James. In the April seventh game. Even when the Thunder called off the Dogs after about twenty minutes, they still made a mockery of professional basketball, win in by thirty six, one hundred and twenty three to eighty seven. Four games, four losses, average deficit of loss over thirty points. So we go to the Sharps again.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a lot to overcome.
Speaker 3: It seems like it, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean that they have their work cut out for them.
Speaker 3: And here is the one thing that is in concert with the first round series is Vegas has zero belief that the Lakers are going to get out of this. Remember we mentioned the odds were better for the Rockets to sweep than the Lakers to win. They were shorter odds, and they're doing it again tomorrow. It will be Thunder by fifteen and a half in a conference semifinal. That is, I would assume one of the largest opening game spreads in the last ten years. For any two teams that are meeting fifteen and a half in a game that can get wonky with foul trouble and all of that, I would assume the great majority of people are going to take the points because rarely do you get blowouts like that. But maybe that's how the folks in Vegas make their money back.
Speaker 2: One of the Jay Williams hamstrings into account Matt that fifteen points pread.
Speaker 3: He has not been projected to return yet, so I think even without Jalen Williams, we're like, yeah, well we'll go ahead and lay fifteen and a half there. That would be like an NFL playoff game being fourteen points blowout level. And that is nothing compared to the Thunder being minus in the second round thirty exactly. This is not an opening round play in versus one seed. They are minus thirty five one hundred to win the series. You have to bet thirty five hundred dollars to win one hundred dollars. That is what you must risk thirty five hundred to walk out with thirty six hundred from the casino. I would say online in your app, but we can't do that here in California. Thanks guys. The Spurs I want to gamble should man handle the Timberwolves. They are a heavy favorite at minus six fifty what the Thunder are six times that the odds now are dramatically.
Speaker 2: First round was the one that really provided the competition right on paper.
Speaker 3: The odds are dramatically lower than they were for the Rockets to sweep, but the Thunder are still plus one fifty five to sweep the Lakers, and that is the favorite of all the odds. They believe it is most likely for the Thunder to win in four at plus one fifty five. In five, it jumps to plus two hundred six plus four fifty and seven should the Lakers win three games and force a deciding game seven, a gigantic plus eight twenty five, So the sweep is still the favorite by far, and again, much like the Rocket series, considerably lower than the odds for the Lakers to win.
Speaker 2: If I wanted to speak the Lakers' success into existence, you would say something like, well, the Lakers can jump on these rocket I mean these thunder like they jumped on the rockets and cause doubt and panic and knock them off their pegs and then take advantage and win the series by stunning them like a taser or something, because they don't have the heart of a champion, except they won the championship plus year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't think you're gonna stun them. I think m like shin of light, maare eyes, yeah, frog or something.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you know.
Speaker 3: I think the only path the victory here is and I hate to say it because you don't, it's catastrophic injury. It's truly the only path. Well, I saw it.
Speaker 2: Remember when it happened with Kevin Durant in the final, Like you saw the moment his his his achilles exploded with Golden State and you're like, oh, insane of the cat strains.
Speaker 3: That's it and it is over. Yeah, they were up three to one. They lost for three. Many people said that that was the finals victory that goaded Lebron James coming from behind against a dynasty or a dynist date, but they didn't take into account that the three one deficit was overcome. When Kevin Durant's achilles snapped, Yes, that's what we'd be talking about. A catastrophic injury.
Speaker 2: And you already said that that Chet Holmgren is real skinny.
Speaker 3: He's seventy one hundred and ninety nine pounds.
Speaker 2: You did say that, So you know you're putting out out there like I'm just saying, I don't know about that one guy. He's pretty skinny out there. He might get hurt.
Speaker 3: He's got a gigantic head. Makes no sense that he doesn't just fall over.
Speaker 2: What are they doing in La radio? Well, this one guy said, the Jetholmgrid's real skinny, So you never know what might happen to that guy.
Speaker 3: That's right. That is all they got.
Speaker 2: If they get blown out and then they get blown out again. How much you want to bet Lebron has some kind of injury like.
Speaker 3: Oh, mysterious ailment for Game three.
Speaker 2: Ingrown ass hair, or you know, shows up with a cast on one arm. I could see that, and then picks up a suitcase with.
Speaker 3: The same again their average margin of loss in the four games was over thirty points over thirty They didn't have Shay Gildgess Alexander Now the Lakers didn't have Donches and still lost by nine. So yeah, twenty nine, forty five and thirty six.
Speaker 2: Maybe OKC is like the Nuggets where they're like a one championship or the Raptors, right like one championship and wow, or the Milwaukee Bugs, like, hey, wasn't that great and now it's over.
Speaker 3: And now they have to contend with the likes of Lebron Like last year when they marched to the title, they didn't have to contend with Lebron. I see what you're saying, like, you know, never know like last year. Yeah, that makes sense. You know, how tough, like how hard was their path last year? You know, they had to beat the Nuggets in seven, which they did. You know, then they had Minnesota and then they had the Pacers, who were an unlikely finals participants. So there you go. Maybe, yeah, my projection wasn't you know of a seven footer who weigh one hundred and ninety nine pounds just you know, blowing off earth.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'd never really fade the real goat. That's what it is, the real whiskery goat Lebron.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what it is. A guy that likes to complain to kids with Lebron James big heads in his jersey on sitting right behind the bench. See this, bsiight here, what's that?
Speaker 2: Mister James?
Speaker 3: Shut up? Maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw a couple people wearing Laker hats at Beach Life. I mean, we're a long way away from Laker flags and all that geekage, but there there will be a lot of love if the Lakers making a serious Matt I mean, the city will be alive.
Speaker 3: I wanted to celebrate him. We got to remember, like we've said this repeatedly, you know, the Bubble Championship was experienced virtually by people on zoom those That's what the fans got to do in twenty twenty. Since then, look at all these boxes they have. They have advanced out of the first round just once, just once, Like so I want to try to like spin a positive. You're like, hey, they lost in the first round.
Speaker 2: I could see, you.
Speaker 3: Know the last the last two years, So way to go. You beat the Rockets. You weren't supposed to do. You're supposed to get swept as a matter of fact. But here we are.
Speaker 2: So maybe you out coached Udoka.
Speaker 3: Out coach Udoka. I don't know if you know he was distracted by an assistant that was married to one of his great friends.
Speaker 2: No, Matt, No, it just happened in Boston. Hey pay that. Hey use that same energy when you're talking about Vrabel and Rusini. Okay, you racist.
Speaker 3: And good on inside the NBA. Way to go, guys, pretty good way to go. Well done f the suits telling you not to do it us. This is what we do.
Speaker 2: Some producers getting absolutely just violated, just tally whacked, right, just absolutely.
Speaker 3: Fuck violated with a Kyle Protter.
Speaker 2: Mister Levy, you are in big trouble. I did it. I did it. Charles were all doing it again.
Speaker 3: God bless them.
Speaker 2: They'll never work against you, will not work in Tuscaloosa. He's worth it. It was worth it. You sew out. We'll be back with the Dead and the Life Guy Birthday of the Day, and then the Dodgers versus Strows. This is Petro on demand. Well, thank you for listening, everybody. Petro sand money off early today because the Dodgers are in Houston, Texas, a very exciting city, fast growing, with traffic that rivals Los Angeles' traffic. What a place. That's where the Dodgers are, That's where their consado bats are, and we'll see if things can get better tonight. We've got a great week in great sports talk, but we were each sports talk be flexed back tomorrow as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big three out in Houston, as we've set all show Yamamoto tonight and then Otani tomorrow. Glass now in the early one on Wednesday, see whether or not they can mirror what Justin Robleski did yesterday and has been doing all season long. Who knew that was the guy that we were going to focus on. It's a potential All Star and Cy Young candidate as far as the Dodgers pitching staff is concerned.
Speaker 2: But what about Show Hail Tommy. I thought Show Hail Tommy wants a Cy Young And what about Yamamoto and everything that he's created?
Speaker 3: Picture of the Month Show Hail TONI Yamamoto? Look, no run support and no runs I mean, you know, somehow this Dodger team has decided it's just it's gonna sabotage him, and we're gonna take it out on that lineup whenever he throws. So get ready for that one in about two hours if you choose to watch it through that prism.
Speaker 2: And show hal Tani well, depending on what prism you want to watch things through, shoe Aotani take an extra batting practice today out on the field, which he almost never does, breaking a real precedent. Why Why because his bad is gonsolo and he's trying to wake it up, and you're gonna hear about Oh Tony, you're gonna hear all about it when the show starts at by show, I mean the game, and that's like a five to ten first pitch, all right, Matt for your dead guy Berth there the day. Uh, Jamaican news.
Speaker 4: It's Jamaica news.
Speaker 2: You'll often hear Matt Muney Smith, the voice of the Chargers say at the four o'clock start of the hour, which is when the show used to start.
Speaker 3: By the way, hell of a time to be alive.
Speaker 2: You could just throw another hour a two guys, you often your commercial freedom forget. Yeah, you'll often hear to Mahat refer to the singer Jacob Miller. Jacob Miller would have been seventy two to today, but he's been dead a very long time since nineteen eighty. He sings the song that starts our four o'clock hour, which is called Each One Teach One. Jacob Killer Miller. One of the tragic stories of reggae. There are a few. From Mandeville, Jamaica, which is on a plateau, the only town in Jamaica not on a river or the coast, sixty miles plus from Kingston, Jamaica. Friendly guy kind of portly moved to Kingston at eight years old, loved to sing, hung around Cox and Dodd's studio at thirteen and started recording for them, which didn't go very far in Studio one, but that's where he met Augustus Pablo, the very famous producer and melodica player, and that got him into a sound system and he developed a rep in Jamaica as a great singer locally recording for them, and then he simultaneously joined a reggae band called Inner Circle. Back then, Inner Circle was just like a cover band, and I guess they were after he had not really They sang the cop song you know Yeah and stuff. Some are a reggae band Inner Circle. So he did two albums with Inner Circle for Capitol Records and simultaneously had a solo career.
Speaker 3: Now did he do the Bad Boys Bad Boys?
Speaker 2: No, that's not him, That was not him, No, that was Inner Circle and I'm Looking in Your Big Brown Eyes. That was later too. Bad Boys was way after nineteen eighty, I think. But he did stuff with Augustus Pablo. All his stuff is precious because he died so young. He had a very famous set with the band Inner Circle at nineteen seventy eight, So the very famous one Love Jamaican Peace Concert, the one that Bob Marley got shot right before, and he had just visited Brazil with Chris Blackwell and Bob Marley and was signed on to tour with Bob in America, which is going to make him a big star. And right then he and his son died in an accident on Hope Road in March nineteen eighty. Very tragic, but his music, of course lives on.
Speaker 3: He had a fight right here on Great Sports.
Speaker 2: It's right. So I'm saying he had a great Frank Sinatra level or Nat King Cole popularity level Christmas album that is very heavily rotated in Jamaica and the UK during Christmas.
Speaker 3: Is the Night Ranger Christmas album I would.
Speaker 2: Say so yeah, and even the.
Speaker 3: Rob Halfred, Oh that's a good one now.
Speaker 2: And his cousin is a British reggae star Maxi Priest. And you can get a piece of some of Jacob Miller's portly joy in the Great Jamaican Movie, directed by a Greek Theodore Baffu Lacas rockers. Jacob Miller is prominently portrayed in that movie and performs live in it. And of course the Petrosen Money Shows four o'clock hour intro Jacob Killer Miller, a reggae singer of yesteryear, celebrated here when we can.
Speaker 3: Well another musician not quite as impactful. I don't know, maybe he is, I guess in this particular segment of music.
Speaker 2: It is awesome voice and delivery, Matt and I'll sell it. Everything is impactful.
Speaker 3: I will sell it. It's British News. It's time for PMS.
Speaker 4: British News, United Kingdom, English News.
Speaker 3: It's time for Britain News. Cheerio, straight, get out, you call your band Camel. You got albums titled Stationary Traveler, Rain, dances, dust and dreams. You got songs called Spirit of the Water, Lunar c and this one song within.
Speaker 2: A song that sounds very progressive.
Speaker 3: Yes, you guessed it. P Camil gave birth to the neo Prague movement and that's gonna get you celebrated in this space. A very happy seventy fifth to Colin bass played bass, played keys, acoustic guitar and vocals for Camel Still making music, still touring, by the way. Born in London, raised in London. His first band the Crisis.
Speaker 2: K R I SI s crises exactly right, work the club circuit.
Speaker 3: I don't know Crisis Crises. We'll never know what they're gonna say over there, I'll go Crisis. Uh. Velvet Opera came and got them. How progue were they well? They played regularly with early Pink Floyd in the late sixties, tried to go commercial when the Foundations picked them up. Of course, build me up, Buttercup and that wasn't his thing though a little bit later than that. From there he was with a band called Clancy that landed a deal with Warner Brothers, but it didn't go anywhere. So caml freaking Camel Man. They put out I can see your house from here with some famous album art. You want to talk about prog rock? A crucified astronaut looking down on Earth is the album art Wow. And if that wasn't proggy enough, the album Nude followed it perhaps their most celebrated album, A concept album p about a former dead guy that's been celebrated here multiple times. Hru Onoda, the Japanese soldier maroon on lou Bang Island in the Philippines, living in the mountains.
Speaker 2: War the war whatever ended. He didn't believe the leaflets. They didn't believe the locals they dropped pamphlets.
Speaker 3: They he just kept killing civilians for twenty nine years, refused to accept the Japanese surrender in nineteen forty five, and Camel did a concept to help him about that island, what it must have been like?
Speaker 2: Uh, mostly referred to as the Japanese rambo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, meling is over. I didn't come here to save you, to saboda from you. They broke up for a minute, so Bass decided to join three Mustafas three, the world music group. It's very popular at the time when he joined, and he was renamed Sabah Habas Mustafa. He did four albums with three Mustafas. Three. Their live performances moved people. Man, huh four p It gets better man. Our guy Colin was so into it he just fell out and stayed in Indonesia for like twelve years, releasing solo records, three of them under his sabah Habas Mustafa name and a dang boot style. This was the biggest song in Indonesia and still today is one of the most covered songs in the Philippines, where it went to number one for like a year. Over fifty artists from Malaysia, Japan, and Indonesia have covered it, and our guy Colin got so successful. The guys in Cambel were like, hey, let's get the band back together. Colin. Why don't you come on over here to California. Let's start banging out records again. So he moves here. They start touring, but he was too damn popular. He's spinning all these plates Colin Bass solo records, sabah Habas Mustafa records. Apparently, Germany was crazy for our man Colin, so he moved there for twelve years. He was a presenter.
Speaker 2: I go where they want me right.
Speaker 3: He now lives in the UK again. He put out a solo record in twenty twenty four, and he looks like what you would think a prog god, looks like bushy eyebrows and like a like a sinister wizard style, a Bobby Weir style mustache and beer. He is seventy five today. Colin bass or Sabbah Habbas Mustafa.
Speaker 2: I still own nineteen seventy four's Mirage Hey Now, sophomore effort from Camel Mirage No Mirage. Dodgers coming up against Houston first pitch a little after five. Tim Kad's coming up next with Marongo Casino Dodgers on next same schedule tomorrow. We will start at two. Have a great night everybody, and happy. I'm a horse. My bad pictures in my show will coming back on tomorrow