Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW twelve seven Dan Carroll till three this afternoon, seven hundred WLW Cincinnati. It's Hamilton County where the word has gone forth that we love crime. We re elect politicians who don't do anything about crime. The judges too, we re elect them. And now the word has gone forth that if you want to come to our city and you want to engage in criminal activity, if you want to engage in destruction of property, if you want to take a police barrier and smash it through the window of the Hamilton County Justice Center, you are going to get paid. You are in line for well, a nice chunk of change, let's put it that way, absolutely fantastic. The City of Cincinnati in Hamilton County settling a class action lawsuit filed in response to hundreds of arrest made during the protest in twenty twenty following the George Floyd incident in Minneapolis. It says the murder of George Floyd, but as we know, he died of a drug overdose. In the settlement, the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County agree to pay more than one point I'm sorry eight point one million dollars to four hundred and seventy nine people arrested, two million dollars. More than two million dollars goes to the attorneys, and each of the individual was arrested. I believe the number is around twelve grand something like that. Absolutely, it is a great day to be an agitator of protester, especially if you're downtown Cincinnati. Absolutely fantastic. And so I was thinking about this, and I'm thinking, you know what, I know some people in the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department who were there when that was going on. I know people who were in the Cincinnati Police Department who were there when all this activity took place. And one of the guys who was there is the guy who was at the time the president of the FOP Our Buddy Dan Hills, and Dan Hills, thanks for being here as you are rocketing westward on I seventy four heading to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship game. Before you do anything, I want you to look down at your spinnometer and tell me what number your cruise control is set on right now. Don't lie.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not a fan of cruise control really, I just like to drive. Yeah, and I'm home right around and let's say the mid seventies. I was going, it's always good to be not clear when you're when you're being paid.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask if that number started with an eight or a nine. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, we'll be out there early. And yeah, it's one of the campus get to I get to I get to break on my lovely wife because this is a gift, my Christmas gift is going to the Big Ten championship. That's a good woman right there.
Speaker 1: That is huge, that that congratulates. That's going to be a fun time tonight at the It's at uh it's at the big Lucas Oil Stadium, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's at Lucas Oil State. I don't I don't watch the football this time of year outside. Yeah, I'd rather I'd rather be on my I'd rather be on my sofa, be outside watching watching my Buckeyes. But no, this this game's indoors. That's that's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: So Dan Hills, as I recall and and hope, I'm hoping my memory serves me well. Here in in twenty twenty, in the summer of twenty twenty, after the events that happened in Minneapolis with George Floyd, and we saw you know, we all saw the video. We don't have to relitigate all that protests broke out across the city. I remember going home at those nights and I would tell my wife, you know what are we going to watch on TV tonight? And I would tell her, you know what, I'm going to watch the riots. Because the riots went on night after night after night, all in various cities across the country. And then it got to the point where eventually those activities came to Cincinnati, and I remember buying large talking about the great job that Cincinnati police did with the assistants or in conjunction with Hamilton County Sheriff's deputies, as you took to the streets downtown Cincinnati and prevented widespread damage. There was some damage that was done, but you prevented widespread damage by what, by doing what, by enforcing the law, allowing people to have their voices heard, to engage in First Amendment rights. But then when those things started going sideways, when there was actual violence or actual property damage that was occurring, that was the time when you moved it. That's my memory of how all this went down, you were out there. Give me, give me from your point of view, how all of this went down back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Well, like you said, there was the incident of George Floyd that we now know more and more about that was manufactured to get this, to get the country in this mode that it was. That was a demonstration slash rioting because some people were demonstrating, some people were doing it right, some people were doing it legal, and there are a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That were not.
Speaker 2: Now you're right, we were blessed. I was back in the riots that we had here in two thousand and one, and those things from Jump Street were very very violent, fire for being set property, all sorts of assaults. I remember coming across a gentleman that had been beaten three quarters of the way to the grave and and and luckily he did survive. So that was extremely violent, and you know, we figured we might be headed for the same things here. Uh but uh, Mayor Cranley, I don't know if you mentioned him or not yet, but he put that curfew out and then we were we were out there enforcing it. In this case, like you said, I was the union president, so I wasn't out there putting.
Speaker 3: Hands on or anything, but I was.
Speaker 2: I was had the freedom to go everywhere, So any hotspot that was picking up, I'd go and check it out and give support to my cops. I was bringing them water, datorades and all that sort of thing. And you're you are right again that Cincinnati was doing a lot better than a lot of the other towns. But there was Hey Drew that was criminal. There was objects being thrown, there was windows that got smashed. There were these things that then led you to as as a police department and police depart leadership, to realize that they are acting in a in concert as a group to do things that are dangerous for the average everyday citizen out there. And you had to respond to the group. And so that means, while we value individual rights, that's what this country has made on at times of civil unrest like this, you have to do what you have to do. And our police officers did what they had to do without any abuses of civil rights, without any unneeded violence. They locked people up, and they locked people up on that on that curfew, which again that's a that's a legal move to make. In these particular times, you can't just have a curfew just because you feel like it. You have to have a reason, and we had plenty of reasons, not only what was happening in Cincinnati. It was definitely part of the part of the case to be made is that things were happening all around the country that we did not want to happen here, right, Yeah, so so so acting quickly on this being progressive, progressive about getting ahead of this and letting people know that this here in Cincinnati is not one of these places for where you are going to let the riders control the narrative and and take the streets and on on on on a grade scale of house and say police handle back. I wish there was something above a plus because there should be, because our our offers, our leaders, everybody just just knocked it out of the park and again kept Cincinnati safe, and nothing like what eyewitnessed in two thousand and one came about there there. There there was, like you've already acknowledged, there was violence. There was stuff thrown at us. Hector was even a policeman that got shot. These these are all awful things, but they never got to they never got ahead of us to the point where you know, the city was being burned down, the city was threatened. And and for that, instead of instead of the council and the law departments standing by the actions that we took, they decided, like you said, to make everybody a little a little rapt present for being part of these crowds that did not disperse when they were told to disperse, did not stay home when they were told it was time to stay home. They could have peacefully protested during the day. They could have carried all their signs about George Floyd and and UH and and the racism and all these things that they believe in. They could have done all that during the day. They could have they could have spoke with their First Amendment rights, and then they could have went home when we said it was time to go home to keep the city safe. But they chose to stay and continue to press those buttons. And for that, now they are being rewarded for through breaking the law. They are being rewarded financially.
Speaker 1: You know, it's absolutely disgrace.
Speaker 2: If I was on my way to Andy right now, I'd be filling up some bottles with urines. I could go down there and throw them and and yeah, i'd have to protest about Selton. I I don't know, uh, maybe the maybe the Bengals season.
Speaker 1: And then and then then you go knock on, you go knock on the door of al Gerhardtstein and you just say, hey, I mean, I know, I need a little class action lawsuit here, and he'll take the case and in a few years you'll have your payout and it'll be fine and dandy. The this The Fox nineteen got a couple of quotes from Mayor John Cranley, and here's what John Cranley had to say about this. He John Cranley said that curfew and our police department saved our city when other cities were burning. Everything I saw was of the utmost professionalism and restraint. Their actions saved our city. I want the record to show they did a great job. So there's a mayor who is serious about protecting the city, who is serious about dealing with crime and criminal issues in a meaningful way. And after his administration left office, now we have a new city manager, we have a new mayor. And at the end of the Fox nineteen piece, they write the Cincinnati Council's Public Safety and Governance Committee is expected to approve the settlement in an ordinance on Tuesday, December ninth. So I would I would appeal to the members of the Public Safety and Governance Committee to reject this settlement, show some spine, show some backbone, and let the message go out that in the City of Cincinnati, we are not going to financially reward people who engage in criminal activity. Why is that so hard to do?
Speaker 2: Sam?
Speaker 1: Put this?
Speaker 2: Put this down. You might want to write it down. My cart sure is twelve nineteen pm that that Dan Hills is loving the statements of a democratic politician. Yeah, John Cranley, uh did a very good job. Uh and and and allowed us to do our job during those riots. And now he's telling the truth, and he's out there and and and they should listen to him. They should listen to a democratic politician. I know that's that that's something that both Dan Carroll Dan Hills rarely ever say, but in this particular case, he's right. We saved the city, and he made it possible for us to save the city. And then for these politicians now to to refute what happened, to to dismiss what happened and say, hey, you know those guys are reckless, and you know what a bunch of bull about. You know this changes in policy and procedure and all that stuff. There's nothing that's going to be different to next time there's rights. You know, the officers have to be tempted to say, you know, what the heck with this? It's it's all we're going to do is make rich people and be condemned for our actions. And maybe we should just sit back and watch it, watch it burn.
Speaker 1: But you know that this is part of the settlement. This is part of the settlement. A creation of a guidebook, Dan Hills, a creation of a guidebook which establishes formal standards for dealing with protests and similar events. So, I guess sharel Long with her vast knowledge of how to deal with events like this, when you're talking about riots, when you're talking about people who are doing criminal damaging, when you're talking about unruly crowds in the streets, I guess Sharyl Long, the city manager, is going to use her vast knowledge and experience experience to create a guidebook that is going to tell police exactly how they should behave in situations like this. How do you see that working out?
Speaker 2: About likely as good as I see as share along wearing a helmet and uh and and popping off rounds of pepper ball.
Speaker 1: How about how about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A man of post. Why don't you catch one of those yellow fluid filled bottles that they were throwing at at at our coppers? Why don't Why don't you stand there wondering, you know, is instead of it being objects thrown at you, when is there going to be more shots fired at you? All these things you have to wonder when you're standing there dealing with a crowd that some are peaceful but some are not. And you know, one of the things we did very very well is they kept a really good monitor on the people that were coming from out of town that were coming here to stir up trouble. And I think that's that's another key of what happened, because we got on top of it so quick, The numbers of the police department got on top so quick. The word went out and whatever chat rooms or whatever these people talking is that you can't get You can't get a lot of headlines done here in Cincinnati. You'll just end up in jail. And so I guess, like the complaints were after I came here and tried to make uh, you know, anarchy occur. I had to wait too long to go to the potty while I was waiting to be processed as a pro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a huge violation of civil rights?
Speaker 2: What a huge I think my blooney sandwich in time, and I didn't get to go peepee because the officers had me sitting out in the sally port waiting to be processed. Well, I'm sorry. We don't have a system that it is always dealing with mass arrests. And you can't just snap your fingers and and and turn on that system. And so if you want to play this game and and that's professional rioting, you're going to have to realize that it's it's it's a big boy in big girls game. And sometimes you might not get a potty break when you won. You might not get your blowney standing right away, you might not get processed and get out ason as you want. And so they should learn to accept these things. And they should also learn to accept that if you try to monetize this, the city of Cincinnati is not the place where that's going to happen. Of course, it looks like justiff the opposite is going to happen. We're going to apologize all over ourselves for for you not getting a potty break, and so here we go. We're going to give you big, big dollars. I mean, I haven't done the math yet.
Speaker 1: Comes out to about twelve thousand, six hundred dollars per a little over twelve grady.
Speaker 2: That's not a that's not a bad payday. If I didn't have if I didn't have this great football game to go to, and uh, you know, I could find something to protest about.
Speaker 1: I should.
Speaker 2: I should be headed down to Cincinnati now hoping to get locked up for my money, baby, my peaceful money, and my peaceful protest.
Speaker 1: And here's the other thing. I was talking to a friend of mine on the way here, and she suggested to me that there's a strong likelihood that a lot of these agitators, who I think we learned subsequently we're not from here, came here from out of town. We're probably being paid already to show up in protest. So it's a it's a little bit of a for a lot of these people. There's probably some double dipping action going on there. I don't know that for a fact, but I think we've seen.
Speaker 2: In the past George in their pocket.
Speaker 1: But they very well could have, because we know that that's part of his history. In his past, he has paid people to show up and demonstrate. And uh and and we and we see a lot of you know, there are a lot of these people. When you'll see it, like these independent journalists will go out and ask them questions, Hey, why are you here? What are you protesting for? Well, I don't know. I'm just here. And of course they're they're collecting a paycheck to do that. But Dan Hills, we got to run. Thank you for taking the time as you are driving to Indianapolis to watch the Big ten champion hip game. Who do you like tonight, Indy or Ohio State?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm all about Ohio State.
Speaker 4: All right, now, there you go, go, Bucks.
Speaker 1: Go Bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are are you rocking your Ohio State gear?
Speaker 2: You know it?
Speaker 5: Back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm scarletting gray all the way.
Speaker 1: All right, Dan Hills, have a great time tonight. Tell your wife I said hi, and we'll talk again soon. My friend appreciate it, you bet, Dan, no problem? All right, there you go. Dan Hills, the former president of the FOP. He was out there. He was there and if you remember this, why should these people be getting paid? Drew Western, Heidi, you let's open the phone lines five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one if you want to weigh in on this eight million dollar settlement. And so the word is going forth that here in Cincinnati, we love crime. We pay criminals to engage in criminal activity. It's a beautiful thing. On seven hundred ww, City of Cincinnati is going to pay eight point one four million dollars. Sixty five thousand of that comes from Hamilton County because of this class action lawsuit stemming from from protests in twenty twenty. The mayor put a back then put a curfew in place, and I guess somehow that's a violation of people's civil rights. He had four hundred and seventy nine people in the lawsuit, so hundreds of arrests were made. Like Dan Hills was talking about, takes a little time to process that when you go to the when you go to the justice center, and maybe they didn't get to go potty right away and they had to sitting around. Maybe it'll be a little uncomfortable. The I've been to the Hamilton County Justice Center. Haven't ever been processed there, but I used to work. They're not the most comfortable building in the world, not the you know, not the most accommodating place if you're going to be spending some time there. But how about you don't commit crime. How about you don't get yourself arrested. How about you don't go and damage and break things? And so the protesters who were out there, but think about the message at this sense. If you were out there, and Dan Hills who was out there, and and I and again I've got other friends who were out there as well, in in service to the community because they're they're various formed of law enforces. And if you were out there and you were protesting and you didn't engage in criminal activity, you didn't break things, you didn't smash windows, you didn't shoot at police and firefighters, as I recall, and there was there was also an incident where it turned out that a I think there was some fire apparatus that they discovered had some were hit by bullets during all of this. So if you didn't engage in criminal activity and you were exercising your First Amendment rights, how do you feel Now, how do you feel? And you know you went out there, you demonstrated, you protested, you did it the right way. You exercised your first Amendment right, which I will say I will be here all day talking about your ability and your right to do that, and so will Dan Hills. But the minute you cross that line, that's a different story. But if you were one of probably the vast majority who went out there and demonstrated, did it the right way, exercised your first Amendment right, you didn't engage in criminal activity, didn't get arrested, and now you are seeing the people who did get arrested are getting paid twelve grand apiece? How do you feel about that? Who's the chump? Now? Damn it. I should have broke that window. I should have I should have flattened the tires on that car. I should have punched the police. I should have thrown a bottle with some urine in it. Then I'm in line for a paycheck? Ken in Cincinnati? What's going on? Five? One, three, seven? The big one of you? If you want to jump on board, Ken, am I making any sense at all? If Dan?
Speaker 7: You, Dan, you and the previous Dan are right one on it and as a taxpayer, I am one against this. Selling this behavior with our tax dollars. Selling it period is asinine. There the more you reward bad behavior, the more you're going to get it. And all of this is just an affront to all taxpayers and just to all their citizens. And if this council votes to sustain this, then I hope that we the citizens can somehow put this on a ballot and let the.
Speaker 2: City council members pay it out of their own pocket.
Speaker 4: This is where I draw the line.
Speaker 1: Let me here's ken. Here's the statement that city Manager Cheryl Long put out. She said, I'm glad to have reached a settlement, and I'm especially proud of our CPD officers and their willingness to continuously improve policies and procedures. While the incidents that led to this case predate the current administration, we as city leaders must do everything we can to address the issues passed on to us so that they can prevent or be prevented in the future. Thank you to solictener Werner the entire law department for their years of hard work to achieve this conclusion. What a bunch of crap, I would say, How about some hard work. How about you say, you know what, I'll see you in court. Four hundred and seventy nine protesters, I'll see you in court, al Gerhartstein, how about we didn't do anything wrong. The mayor has the power and the ability to put a curfew in place, and if you break the law, you get arrested, you don't get paid for that. I mean, if this is the message that we are sending out to ne'er do wells and malcontents and anyone that wants to come here and break.
Speaker 8: The law, yeah, and I'll tell you this sends that whole message of the defund the police and that entire arsenal of nonsense that they have. I hope the citizens will see this as a bridge too far, will stand up and let the city council and Sheryl Long pay it out of their own park. I didn't have her included at first, but let her pay it out of her own pocket.
Speaker 1: Well, these the city's public safety ken thank you very much for the call appreciation. According to Fox nineteen, the Cincinnati's Public Safety and Governance Committee expected to look at this settlement and to prove it with an ordinance on Tuesday. This coming Tuesday, I don't know if anyone will have an opportunity to speak in front of this committee to make their voices heard. What what if people show up to this committee meeting And I am not advocating violence of any kind, but let's just say. What if people show up to this committe meeting and they're upset and they start breaking things at city Hall? They smash the window, knock over some deaths, just to create a disturbance and destroy some proper pretty in the process. Are these council members going to stand up and say, yes, these people must be paid. We must pay them because they you know, our actions are making them upset. They might have to go to the Justice center and it's very uncomfortable there. We might have to pay them. Think about what you're doing. And of course this settlement was approved. It was approved before the election. This was in place before the election. It didn't come out before the election. Because to my way of thinking, any member of council should have this issue come out before the election. Every member of council should have had to answer the question, you get re elected to council, are you going to approve this settlement? You're going to be in favor of eight point one million dollars Melanie and Cincinnati, what say you? Then we got Pete.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 9: Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm trying really hard to help Americans stay free and alive. And I'm telling you that we've got a problem with certain aspects of Zionism. And I know you guys are really defensive of that and stuff that I understand, but I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You, well, what's one way Wait, hold on, Melanie, what's that got to do with this settlement that's going out to these to these agitators and punks and thugs who want to do damage and break things in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Because if as.
Speaker 9: I've tried to explain to people there that I've called into before I came from the other side, I know their tactics. One of their great tactics is to cause as much trouble into bankrupt each city with like messing with the police. It's all it's all coming from a certain set of rabbis, and I'm Jewish, so I'm just here to help, all right, Well.
Speaker 1: That's great, to take that somewhere else, Pete in Blanchester. Then we got Mark, Pete, what's going on.
Speaker 10: Yeah again, I from what I know of, sheer long shitting manager. I don't think she has the ability to manage a Burger King, let alone manage the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: No, I mean she's a Look, I mean, here's a multi million dollar settlement that's going to be paid out under her watch. The former police chief Mike Washington is in line for another multi million dollar settlement because of his wrongful termination one of the first actions that she took upon assuming office as a city manager. The police chief Teresa Fiji is most likely in line for a multi million dollar settlement because of the treatment at the hands of this city manager. So that's and who knows how many how many other many more millions this city manager is going to cost the city of Cincinnati before she's done. And you got to turn your beat. You got to turn your radio down, brother, you really you got to turn that turn that way then, because that is that is throwing you off. Okay, come on, Pete, get with the problem.
Speaker 6: I gotta turn down.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a little better. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: I think Teresa, I think she's nothing.
Speaker 6: But a wimp.
Speaker 10: We got a we got a dyne, a jar head, a.
Speaker 5: Leather nature in Blaantster for the police chief.
Speaker 10: He's he's uh, he knows how to write, he knows how to be.
Speaker 4: A police chief.
Speaker 5: Here Teresa is nothing but a wimp.
Speaker 1: All right, Well you can you can think that all you want, but uh, Teresa Thiji was simply doing try and and I've talked about this before. Teresa was trying to walk that fine line between doing what's right and doing what she was told by the city administration, by her bosses. And so on one hand, you've got Mike Washington, who wasn't going along with all the politically correct and the DEI nonsense, so he wound up getting fired. On the other hand, you've got a police chief who was trying to accommodate all the woke and DEI wishes of this administration, and she wound up being removed from her job. They both wound up in the same place. How does that happen? Where does the fault lie with that? You decide for yourself. Mark in Cincinnati, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Just listening to you getting a little more upset by the minute.
Speaker 1: Dan, Well, I'm sorry I'm making you upset, but you know what, I'm upset about this too. I don't live in the city. I do live in Hamilton County. So sixty five grand to this is coming from Hamilton County, so that that that hits me a little bit, doesn't hit me to the tune of, you know, eight million dollars.
Speaker 5: But still they have to do bonds right now to get the eight million. Where's that coming from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going to have to issue Chris Mendelman was talking about that with Mike Allen earlier this morning, and the city's going to have to issue debt in order to pay this. Isn't that isn't that great? We're we're going to do another million in the hole so we can pay a bunch of thugs and agitators and UH and we can pay Gerhartstein and his crew as well. Two million dollars for the lawyers. That's great, It's just great.
Speaker 5: It was the estimate of the UH property damage for that whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a good question. I know, I know that would.
Speaker 5: Be if you have a class action of the people that did all this and they're getting compensated. Now you have a fund to reimburse all the insurance companies for the money they paid out for the broken glass windows and everything else that happened, because they admittedly are the class that caused all the problems.
Speaker 1: Well Mark, if you remember, if you remember twenty there were there were various cities that were on TV every night. Why because buildings were burning, police cars were being overturned, stores were being looted, people were being shot and killed. It was murder, mayhem, teeth, haro and I all over the place. And when those demonstrators came to the city of Cincinnati, what did we do. We shut them down. We had minimal damage done. It stopped right there because the Mayor, John Cranley said, I'm not putting up with this crap. There's going to be a curfew. You're off the streets and if you violate it, guess what, You're going to get arrested. So the city of Cincinnati did not make national news that time because what because we dealt with this issue in a serious and meaningful way. And now we're talking about the people who were inconvenience by this, The people who broke the law, people who got themselves arrested because of their own criminal activity, are now getting the payout of over twelve thousand dollars. What kind of message is that it's absolutely sickening and disgusting.
Speaker 5: Right, But what I'm thinking is if all that damage didn't happen after the curfew, some of it happened before. Sure, So if there's the wherewith all the collect money. Now, if I'm a business that had to put it through my insurance and I'm there insure, say now we have eight million dollars of a fund to take back that twenty thousand dollars for the plate class window out of city gear on Race Street that I saw get broken, and all the looting that went on in the other three or four places on Race and all around town that were before ten o'clock. Because that's the four hundred and odd people that were the class that committed the problem and the crimes. So now you have the wherewithal the attached their money them.
Speaker 1: You make a good point. If I suffered a loss as a result of this tremblin activity, now do I have redress to go back to the city to be made whole? I think you have an excellent You have an excellent.
Speaker 5: Point, bat to take that settlement, put it an escrow and say, all right, if you had you know, you paid out of pocket for your window or a deductible, and your insurance company once here part back because now we have a resource to take it from you. Maybe the criminals at least give the people that incurred the expense the money back.
Speaker 1: Maybe your insurance rates rised as a result of this. Maybe you're paying more for insurance now. Maybe you can get compensated for that because of the because of these incidents. Mark, I appreciate Mark, how you're glad to see your thinking out there. I appreciate the appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 3: Glad to talk to you.
Speaker 1: All Right, Mark, good good work today. We got to get to a break. I got to take a breath. News coming up the top of the hour. After the top of the hour, my buddy Tom King, who was a great constitutional lawyer, is going to be here. You may have heard during the newscast today that the Supreme Court is going to hear arguments as it relates to birthright citizenship and the Fourteenth Amendment. There's something I've talked about many times before, but I think it's important to talk about it today because this is going to come to a head and we will talk about the constitutionality, what the Fourteenth Amendment actually says, and other issues about that. So stick around for that. Dan Carroll intil three this afternoon on seven hundred WW one O eight. I'm Dan Carroll. We rolled till three this afternoon. Drew wester Heide is running the big board in the seven hundred WW command Center. Hey, Drew, who's in it for me today? Who singh sterling is here? That'd be great? All right? So you've heard during the news most of the newscast today that the United States Supreme Court has decided to hear arguments about the constitutionality of President Trump's executive order. Then the title of this executive order, I'm looking at it right here, protecting the meaning and value of American citizens citizenship by the authority best in me as President, by the Constitution and laws of the United States. It's hereby ordered. The privilege of United States citizenship is a priceless and profound gift. The Fourteenth Amendment states, and this is important, all persons born or naturalized in the United States are citizens of the United States and the state wherein they reside. But see that that's not the entire statement. There's a portion of that statement that gets left out all the time, and the portion is this all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States. And that's a very very important line in that statement. Joining me now is Tom King, who is the Chief Council of the Republican Party and the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. And Tom King, great to have you here today, my friend. How are you.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Dan, It's always great to be with you. Thanks.
Speaker 1: It isn't it interesting when you hear this debate on the news and this story reported on the news, that that section of the fourteenth Amendment is always left out about being subject to the jurisdiction thereof. Do you find that interesting?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, this is a this is a case. It's of great interest to lawyers and would be of great interest to historians and citizens generally, and so it leave it. If you leave that section out, then there is no case. But if you include the section as it's written in the Constitution, in the amendment, in the fourth Amendment to the Constitution, then it brings up a lot of interesting scenarios, including what it was intended for At least in part was to prevent, for example, diplomats coming to this country who are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, so their children would not be automatically US citizens. Neither would enemy combatants. And remember the fourteenth a menmal was adopted right after the Civil War, so enemy combatants who came here and had children here, those children would not be automatically US citizens. But it has a lot more meaning now in terms of what's happened during the Biden administration, the mass migration into this country, the mothers who are not US citizens and fathers who are not US citizens, And the question arises whether anyone born after February twenty fifth, twenty twenty five, when President Trump entered this executive order, is in fact a citizens. So it's an interesting case. It's out of the state of New Hampshire. It's a class action brought by essentially brought by the lawyers from the ACLU, and the US Supreme Court has agreed to take it up. So we're going to get an answer to this question, one way or the other.
Speaker 1: It's about time, if you ask me, and I hear so many people argue on the other side of the argument They say that this has been settled law for decades now, maybe longer than that. I don't know how long it goes back, but it goes back a long way that this has been settled law, that the likelihood that the Supreme Court is going to overturn law that has been I guess it's been settled. I don't know how how many times this has been argued in the in the Supreme Court, but the likelihood that this is going to be overturned is pretty slim and none. And they always talk about how this issue has been settled, and it's pretty cut and dry when you read it. But I just think the interpretation of this has been has been wrong for a long time.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think the Court liked the case. There were two cases appealed to the Supreme Court, this Barbara case Barbara versus Trump, which is the case they're going to hear from New Hampshire, and there was Trump versus Washington. But the Barbara case deals specifically with Trump's executive order and February twenty fifth of this year, so it would seem that there's an opportunity to decide the law going forward. So what I think they will do is take a look at if in fact, there are five votes on the court, and that's yet to be seen. If there are five votes on the court, that anything that comes down will be prospective. In other words, after February twenty fifth, the Trump Order is what I think. But who knows, you know, if you try to lose your mind trying to second second guess the US Supreme.
Speaker 1: Court, especially with some of the some of the rulings that have come out from this Supreme Court, so going into this there's really I think it's a fool's errand to try and look at this and predict which way the Supreme Court is going to fall on this.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think that's right. You know, there's very little law on this. There are a couple of cas you know, this whole issue started with the horrendous decision from the US Supreme Court in dred Scott, the famous dread Scott decision, you know, enslave people being property, which was clearly a horrendous decision. But then in eighteen ninety eight there was a case called Arc Wong Kim Arc. And the eighteen ninety eight case was two Chinese parents of Chinese nationalists who Chinese national citizens who were in California and had a baby, and the US Supreme Court, and there was a split court. It was the vote was six to two, but Uh Kim Kim Wang Kim arc was was decreed to be a US citizen born of two foreign nationals in California. The descent was from the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court at that time, who said that that he didn't think that Wang Kim RK could be a US citizen because Wang Kim rk was not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States when when her parents were still loyal to the Emperor of Uh of China and and I had not renounced their Chinese citizenship. So it's it's funny how history repeats itself, you know, you come forward to to to to these cases today. This Barbara case one of the there are several people named in several children named in the in the in the Barbara case, it's it's going to be before the Supreme Court. One of them is a Honduran couple. Neither the father. The father was not a US citizen, the mother was here illegally, and so the question becomes whether the mother here illegally was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States government. And that's the clause you read in the very beginning. That's the part that's been left out. We've taught this historically in the United States. We've taught everybody to believe that anyone born here is automatically a citizen. And to some extent that's that's true, but to some extent it's not true. And so we're all going back and revisiting history, and the Supreme Court is going to have to do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if our forefathers, the drafters of the Constitution, foresaw the advent of tourism, tourism babies as to create, or the notion of anchor babies and chain migration. I don't know if they foresaw that. So we've already had or have been down that road where individuals come to this country, they come in under whatever the circumstances are, and for the sake of argument, we'll say they come into the country illegally, they give birth to a baby in this country, and therefore that baby is granted citizenship. So we've got that that has been going on for a long time now. How much will that weigh on these arguments when the Supreme Court looks at that and you say, how do you unring that bell? If you're going to say any of these anchor babies who are born are no longer citizens, but we've already granted citizenship to x number of individuals who've been born under such circumstances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's why, Dan. I think that's why, at least just from my humble opinion, I think that's why they took the Barbara case because Barbera can be dealt with going forward from February of twenty twenty five, as opposed to going back and looking at people born sixty seventy eighty years ago and deciding whether they're citizens or not. I think the Court has an opportunity here if it's inclined to decide in Trump's favor on this issue, I think it has an opportunity to rule on people born after February of twenty twenty five that are affected by his executive order. Because the challenge in this case is to the executive order. It's the ACLU saying that President Trump didn't have the authority to enter that order and that it's a settled fact that anyone born here is a citizen. I don't think it's that clear, but it all depends on what these justices think that that additional language that's in the Constitution that's never talked about as any meaning or not. So it's going to be an interesting split on the court. You know, you're going to you have strict constructionists that are going to be asked to uh, to decide whether whether and what it what it is that that means, what is the jurisdiction of the United States. So we know it, we know it doesn't include diplomat's children, and we know it doesn't include enemy combatants. So for example, these the people that have you know, this this horrible thing that took place in Washington, uh, you know, shoot, the shooting of the National guardsman in Washington, And so you know, is the person who did that an enemy combatant? And would his children who were born here be United States citizens? They may be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good, good point. All right, Tom King. I appreciate you jumping in on short notice today, and you do it all the time, my friend, and such great insight, and I appreciate all my honor. Well, I appreciate you so much, and as always, I hope I can call on you again in the future. But if we don't talk before the end of the year, all the best to you and your family through what Christmas and the holidays and all the rest of it, and look forward to a Grade twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to you and you and your listeners. And thanks for having me. It's my honor to do so.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tom King. All the best to you, my friend. I appreciate that. So there you go. Yeah, I mean, you've got to look at the entire Amendment and this is going to be another opportunity for Katanji brack Brown Jackson to distinguish herself a sona sotomayor darn it. I wanted to ask him a question about if him and his lawyer buddies when these Supreme Court cases take place, if they sit around and listen to the audio and have some fun with that when they hear some of the ridiculous comments that are brought up by some of these Supreme Court judges. But Hans von Spokowski of the Heritage Foundation wrote a great piece on the fourteenth Amendment, and he writes this what the citizens what? What's the citizenship status of the children of illegal aliens? That question is spurred quite a debate over the Fourteenth Amendment with the news that several states, including Pennsylvania, Arizona, Oklahoma, Georgia, South Carolina, may launch efforts to deny automatic citizenship to such children. Critics claim anyone born in the United States is automatically a US citizen, even if their parents are here illegally, But that ignores the text and the legislative history of the Fourteenth Amendment, which was ratified in eighteen sixty eight to extend citizenship to freed slaves and their children. The Fourteenth Amendment doesn't say all persons born in the US are citizens. It doesn't say that. It says all persons born or naturalized in the Union United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens. That second critical conditional phrase is conveniently ignored or misinterpreted by advocates of birthright citizenship. Critics erroneously believe that anyone president in the United States has subjected himself or herself, or they or themselves to the jurisdiction of the United States, which would extend citizenship to the children of tourists, diplomats, and illegal aliens alike. But that is not what the qualifying phrase means. Its original meaning refers to the political allegiance of an individual and the jurisdiction that a foreign government has over that individual. The fact that a tourist or illegal alien is subject to our laws or our courts if they violate our law, does not place them within the political jurisdiction of the United States, and that phrase was defined by the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment. This amendment language was derived from the eighteen sixty six Civil Rights Act, which provided that all persons born in the United States and not subject to any foreign power would be considered citizens. Senator Lyman Trumbull, a key figure in the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, said the subject of the jurisdiction of the US included not owing allegiance to any other country. American Indians and their children did not become citizens until Congress passed the Indian Citizenship Act of nineteen twenty four. There would have been no need to pass such legislation if the Fourteenth Amendment extended citizenship to every person born in America, no matter what the circumstance of their birth and no matter who their parents are. Even in US versus Walmkin arc. Which Tom King was just talking about, the case most cited by birthright supporters due to its overboard language, the court only held that a child born of unlaw or of lawful permanent residence of a US citizen. That is a far cry from saying that the child born of individuals who are here illegally must be considered a US citizen. So at least this show host is going to be watching with great interest and paying attention with great interest the arguments that the that will be brought before the Supreme Court as it relates to the Fourteenth Amendment and birthright citizenship. Drew Western, how do you let's go head and open the phone lines once again, five one, three, seven, four nine, seven hundred, the big one if you want to get on board and opine about any of this stuff we've been talking about today, Dan Carroll till three this afternoon on seven hundred ww it talked about the Minnesota stuff, and a New York Post put an article out about this dude who's got a long criminal history. His name is Ibrahim and he got arrested by Ice on Friday. And it turns out there's all kinds of pictures with this Ibrahim dude convicted of asylum welfare fraud. He's been I mean, this is Somali national busted for providing false information to police, driving without a valid license, twelve traffic citations, and I guess some other stuff too, and there's pictures. I mean, this guy is very politically active. Got him with his armor Elhan Omar there he is paling around with Tim Walls. There he is. He's paling around with this Omar f Teh who was the Minneapolis mayoral candidate, another Islamist. He lost, But this guy, I mean, you've got all these Somali nationals who are mixed up and in the Minnesota welfare scam, mit welfare fraud. And Fox News reported that the whistleblowers are saying that this is going to a billion dollars isn't enough, That it's going to get as high as eight billion dollars and maybe even higher before it's all said and done. What an absolute mess. I got some sound from Steven Miller on I'm gonna play that in a little bit. But in the meantime, well, you got phone calls to get to. So let's do that and go to Hamilton and say hey to Chris Chris seven hundred WLW than Susan and Covington. Good sir, what's going on? Yes, sir, I got you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I wanted to share a story with you regarding.
Speaker 3: The Birthright.
Speaker 11: Back in the early two thousands, my wife and I were one of many people who adopted a child from China.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a huge thing at that time. Well, one of the.
Speaker 11: Deals was we worked through an adoption agency was that was out of Lexington, Kentucky even and they had an employee in China. Husband wife worked as you know, translators and stuff, and they had a child.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 11: Well at that time, you know, China had their one child pologies, okay, and you actually had to get permission from the government basically.
Speaker 3: To have kids, okay, from them.
Speaker 11: Well, if you do not have that permission, then there was a mandatory mandatory abortion.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: Well, this husband and wife they got pregnant again, whether it's on purpose by accident, don't know, but so what they ended up since they had ties to the United States with this adoption agency. The man that ran the adoption agency. When when the lady was like three or four months pregnant, they moved to the United States, gave birth, gave birth to the child in the United States, so that child got dual citizenship.
Speaker 3: And you know, both of the both of the parents were both Chinese.
Speaker 11: If they would not have been able to do that, that lady would have been arrested and she would have been given a mandatory abortion.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's in China. But did they did they come here? Here's the thing. Did they come to the country legally? Did they come to the country.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he worked for he worked for a US company, So yeah, I think they got they got trouble visa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't know the details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that I mean, that's the thing is if if they're subject to the jurisdiction thereof then then that could get citizenship. So well, you know, you know then we we don't have time to go through all the machinations of that. But I appreciate that phone call. Let's go to coming to and say hey to Susan, Susan seven hundred wl w HI.
Speaker 12: There by Susan taking my call, I had I've been thinking for the last couple of months, and this upcoming trial with the Supreme Court has made me think even stronger that maybe they should also consider turning half the light on the stature of liberty and removing.
Speaker 13: The mlastorous polemn give me your tired report.
Speaker 1: Why would why would they? Why would they do that?
Speaker 2: Nation?
Speaker 1: Why would they do that? Susan?
Speaker 13: Because we're no longer we welcoming the homeless to and that's the purpose of this statue.
Speaker 1: You're welcome immigrants, well, Susan, if in your phone is making a lot of noise, but here in the United States, we welcome, we welcome immigrants. We welcome people who come into our country legally. We frowned, we frown on the notion of people coming into this country illegally. Do you understand that difference?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: Well then then how then see, but you use the term immigrants and immigration and and and those terms get conflated a lot of time, and it When we talk about immigrants, we're talking about people who come into the country in a legal way, in a legal fashion. When we're talking about illegal immigrants, we're talking about people who are breaking the law again into this country. Do you understand that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, that's got nothing, that's got nothing to do with it, that's got nothing to do with the statue. Well, in in some cases that may be true, but in a lot of cases, they are coming here to live off the welfare system, They're coming here to commit further crimes. They're coming here for any number of nefarious reasons. Okay, okay, thanks, Susan. I appreciate the costs. There's no what's no difference.
Speaker 13: There's no difference in who ICE is going after.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Susan, you see you're mistaken about that. There's a big difference in who I. ICE is not going after people who are in the country legally in a legal sentence. ICE is going after people who, in the vast majority of cases, have already been found to have committed crimes, who have already had their due process and have already received orders to get the hell out of the country. So, Susan, I don't know where you're getting your news, but you need to upgrade where you're getting your news, because you're saying a lot of things that you hear in the news that aren't necessarily true. Gary on a cell phone, Gary seven hundred WLW Hey Dan Susan seems like a very nice person. She's just mistaken and she's wrong. I mean, her information is not completely correct.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, are you familiar with the Chinese Exclusion Act of eighteen.
Speaker 1: Probably not? Probably not? Okay, thirty We don't need the whole history, and make it quick.
Speaker 14: The United States government passed the law saying specifically the people from China, the poor coolies were banned from this country in eighteen eighty two Exclusion Act, and it went to all the way to nineteen forty three when FBR realized that China was our ally in World War Two and China these people were here fighting in our military, and he decided at that time that US law should be banned.
Speaker 1: And my point.
Speaker 14: Is that the United States government makes laws foreign against things. We all know about wonkam Ark and how he was given his citizenship.
Speaker 1: All right, well, look we're not talking we're talking about the fourteenth Amendment. An amendment is different than a law. We on the same page there.
Speaker 14: Well, I'm just pointing out we can make laws back and forth constitutionally.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Gary, I appreciate your insight on that. Let's go to Kevin in Cincinnati. Kevin seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just got a question.
Speaker 15: If my ancestors, your ancestors are not from here, are we illegal immigrants who?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: You were you and you were born in the United States. Yes, your parents were most likely born in the United States.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, yes, But my ancestors are not from the United States.
Speaker 1: Well, neither of mine. But when they but they came here, they immigrated. I don't know the exact time frame when my ancestors immigrated to the United States, but they came here from Ireland. They came here from Germany, and they immigrated in a legal way into the United States. And so the fourteenth Amendment, the fourteenth if it wasn't an amendment, for God's sake, we're talking about we're talking about illegal aliens who come into the United States and have babies. Those babies are called anchor babies because if you're in this country illegally, and the fourteenth Amendment has been misconstrued for so long now that if you're in this country illegally and you have a baby, then that baby gets citizenship. Well, then that baby gets to stay here, and that baby gets to stay here with their parents, and their parents get to say, well, I need I need the baby's sibling to be here, and then the sibling needs their mom or dad, and the sibling needs another sibling, and then the mom or dad who is staying, well, I need I need my mom to be here, I need my dad to be here. That's called chain migration, and that is what Trump is trying to stop. You know, we can sit here all day and get into the minutia of what's who's here illegally, who's here illegally, and all the rest of it. It's pretty simple concept. If you're in the country legally in a legal sense, we've got no problem with that. Trump has no problem with that. I have no problem with that. I think the vast majority of the American people have no problem with that whatsoever. You're doing things the right way. If you're in the country illegally, that's where we got to draw the line. It's it's a pretty basic concept. Let's go to Brian. Then we got Terry and Morrow, Brian, Brian and Mason seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Hey, Dan actually enjoying the conversation. But I will say you made the comment before about the jurisdiction clause.
Speaker 1: The jurisdiction, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 16: Not being mentioned by liberal media. I actually heard on CNN this week, So there is being given coverage to it. Okay, on both sides, which is great to hear because we want both sides to be able to present their opinions, but do it factually, not what's made up facts?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, my point was is that those who want to argue the other side of this conveniently leave that section out on a regular basis, that that section is overlooked in a convenient way to make their argument that the fourteenth Amendment allows for birthright citizenship across the board, no questions that.
Speaker 16: But I think we need.
Speaker 3: To say both sides of the spectrum.
Speaker 16: Are guilty of things like that, and that really needs to stall. We need to be presenting facts to people instead of trying to plan everything, and the country is getting more and more bent on slanting the facts than actually presenting the fact and letting people have making foreign decisions.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you heard my caller and Brian, thank you very much for that phone call. Now you heard my caller earlier, Susan, who was trying to tell me that ICE is going after immigrants who are in the country legally and illegally and that there's no differentiation. There's no difference. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. Let's go tomorrow and we'll say hey to Terry. Then we got John and Norwood. He wants to talk about the fourteenth Amendment. Terry seven hundred WLW okay, thanks.
Speaker 17: For taking my call.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 17: I read meters for the gas and Electric company in Cincinnati in ninety one, and I saw. I paid very close attention, and I continued to see. Let's take Roselawn when people moved out the Jewish neighborhood. They started moving people and there'd be twelve fourteen people beds sleeping in the basement, none of them, none of them spoke English. But very quickly the I've got a book in my hand right now, Sharia law, radical Islam's threat to the US Constitution. Also, if you want to look up forty five goals to take down America and the naked communists number three, we're in a color revolution. It's Cloward and Piven. When they opened the borders, they flood the nations, they overwhelmed their welfare systems, and then they bring them down and then they rebuild them. Yes, we are a country of immigrants. I've got books that my customers would get of me when they gave they got a handbook. There was three of them, and they learned the Constitution, they learned the Declaration of Independence. They assimilated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, assimilation, that's a big thing. And Terry, I got to cut you off because I'm up against the clock. We got a run, but stay tuned because I've got a guest coming up at two thirty, Robert Spencer, and we touch on those issues. So stick around for that. It is one fifty two at seven hundred WLW LW one hour for me left Dan Carroll till three this afternoon. Then Sterling comes Rocking and Rolling at three this afternoon, so we'll all be listening to that together. Always great to hear Sterling on there. I got to see Mike Allen two before I started today. He was on his way out as on my way in. So always great to see Mike callend.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: On my social media, I've been seeing an increasing number of individuals post about our former president Joseph Robin at Biden, who I guess miraculous. So he has been cured of cancer. I haven't really heard anything about this cancer diagnosis that he was announced right before he I believe it was right before he was getting ready to exit the office of presidency in the United States. But a number of people posting about Joe Biden how he sees fit, He's rested, he's ready, and they're suggesting that he maybe should make another run at the presidency in twenty twenty eight. And I think there's no better example of the fitness of Joseph Freett Robin at Biden. Then he was at an event a night or so ago, and it was an LGBTQ event where he was speaking quite forcefully about the greatness of this country, and it sounded a little something like this, could we hear cut number one? Please, we just have to get out.
Speaker 11: As long as we keep the faith, someone hope and get back up and remember who in the hell we are.
Speaker 5: We're the United States of Americana. That's who we are and us and there's nothing I mean.
Speaker 1: And what what what the United States?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Let's let's hear let's hear that one more time, one more time, Drew. Let's let's hear. Let's hear Biden again. The United States can tell me.
Speaker 10: As far as we keep the faith, someone hope and get back up and remember who in the hell we are.
Speaker 3: We're the United.
Speaker 17: States of America.
Speaker 5: That's who we are.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, I think based on that, Biden is obviously Look, he's obviously in much better shape than Trump. Ready to go talking about the greatness of America.
Speaker 6: I'll say this, please, oh God. Nothing would get me great pleasure then to than to have Joe Biden back on the back on the campaign trail. Oh material, think about think about the ratings. I mean, we have non stop material.
Speaker 13: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Well, it was. It got to the point during the last election where it was almost unfair because Biden was putting out stuff like that on a daily basis, and I had it was it was an embarrassment of riches when it came to talking about the gaffs and the flubs and the you know, the mispronunciations and all the rest of it. On behalf of Biden.
Speaker 6: I miss his uh you know, for a second there it was kind of a combination. Not only could he not speak, but he also kind of had that creepy, creepy whisper that I've missed.
Speaker 1: You had a little bit of that going on there too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a little bit of that going on there. So I mean, I'm I don't know which one I miss more. I missed the guy, I really do. I missed the guy. And you raise a great point, deep insight, Dan Carroll on your part. You know when when when when mister watched his face was meeting the fan, mister whatever. I can't say, I don't want to get booted off the air, but when it was hitting a fan there at the end of his administration and his run for reelection, you know, they announce suddenly that he and trust me, I'm a cancer survivor. I have the utmost sympathy for anyone going through cancer treatment. Okay, but you know they're like, hey man, he's got stayed four cancer. You know that we don't expect him the last one. You know, all that came out right, and then plan well, I mean I haven't heard. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong. Now he's fit as a fiddle ready for You know, there actually been people discussing him coming back on the game. You know, we're gonna we're gonna resurrect Joe Biden, and he's going to be a viable candidate. You can't have it both ways here, So which one is it? Was he sick, did he recover? Or was that yet another Biden lie? I don't know. I mean, God knows. I don't put anything past the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: Well, based on based on the fact that he's able to get dressed, put on a winter coat, and go shopping at some very high end retail specialty boutiques, they claim his health is outstanding and much better than that of Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: Then then shame on them for potentially lying during the last days of his campaign and or re election campaign and or administration. Shame on them, because you know what, Dan Carroll, there are a lot of people that are suffering every day. Cancer treatment takes a lot out of you, and that's not something for just to use as an excuse for your you know, because your polls might be lagging, you need some sympathy points. Shame on them, That's what I really have to say. Shame. Is there no level that a Democrat candidate and or party will not seek to seek to to to to try to barner votes. I don't think there is. And and and if they were maybe exaggerating his condition for the sake of sympathy points, well, you know what that's that's absolutely beyond the floorable. I don't even have a word for it. I thought I I thought I'd had every word for the Democrats, But I guess I really need.
Speaker 1: To if you've got a constantly expand your vocabulary for that. Adam Kinzinger is a reprehensible individual. And here's something that he put on his social media feed. And I wanted to run this by you and and and see, uh it gets your take on this. Adam Kinziger writes there will be a day soon where the name Trump is similar to Benedict Arnold. When that happens, there will be many Republicans who who will pretend they never really liked him and they weren't part of the American selloup. Don't let them. They all enabled this. So does does this ring true to you? That we will be saying Trump's name in the in the the same breath as Benedict Arnold?
Speaker 6: I can't see it, but let's be fair. I don't suffer from Trump derangement, Syndrame. I got to ask you, was Adam Kinsinger was kinsing or was he crying when he said that he's really good at crying. I did not was he was he, you know, bawling as he said that on the air though, Well, No, I think he was busy trying to to hang the the the false narrative of committing war crimes around the neck of Trump and Pete heeg seth.
Speaker 1: I think he was busy with that, So this was just an aside, you know, liked reference.
Speaker 6: I'm sure the TBS syndrome is so real and so pervasive. Listen, don't get me wrong. You and I have spoken often and we don't agree. Nobody would agree with everything someone does, and we don't agree with everything Trump does. However, the flip side here, the difference is is that the Democrat and or liberal side disagrees with everything Trump does. I mean absolutely everything. The man cannot breathe correctly. He is working. Listen, like him or dislike him. He has a workload that is enviable with somebody half his age. I mean, the man works twelve hour days, constantly working. I saw where he just received praise from an African leader for stopping the war in Africa that Joe Biden had no interest in stopping, had four years to do something. He went over and stopped a war in Africa, and the African leader praised him and said he came and with solutions. He listened, he didn't, you know, he was open minded and he came with solutions. I don't know if you saw that or not. It was quite telling. And you know, this is the stuff the media, just the media will not report. I'm kind of to my wits end. I don't know where we go from here, but this NonStop, terminal Trump derangement syndrome is going to be the end of this country. It really is going to be the end of this country because we used to have when you and I agree that the most rational Democrat in the United States is.
Speaker 1: Who John Fetterman? Ye who? And we did not see that coming. So I'm gonna be honest about that. I didn't see that coming at all. But the guy's out there, he's making me. He's making more sense than anyone with a D after the name than I can think of right now. The Somalia thing has been when I say Somalia, and I mean that in reference to what's happening in Minneapolis, Minnesota has been interesting. And the Stephen Miller, who was who was a national treasure in my opinion, was asked about this on the on on the Sean Hannity Show in the in the wake of the knowledge that this scandal is likely to be in excess of eight billion dollars. Now is what Fox News.
Speaker 6: We were discussing it yesterday in our eyebrows were raised when it.
Speaker 1: Was that one one billion.
Speaker 6: Now it appears. Now it appears it's eight times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight billion dollars. And Stephen Miller was asked about this on the Sean Hannity Show, and this is what he had to say. Let's hear cut number two, Drew. Let's hear cut number two.
Speaker 18: This scandal is going to rock the core of Minnesota politics and American politics.
Speaker 1: We are going to be able to show through whether it be.
Speaker 18: Wilful blindness, whether it be deliberately turning the other way, or whether it be direct knowledge. We are going to show how Democrat politicians, Democrat bureaucracies, Democrat political systems, and the Somali refugee population ripped off the American people, stole countless tax payer dollars, and engage in scams that boggle the mind, Scams that we can scarcely even conceive of or imagine in their brazenness. This truly underscores the extent to which the Democrat Party has used migration as a weapon against the American people to gain political power at the expense of American citizens, stealing their money, their votes, stealing their sovereignty.
Speaker 1: This is going to be.
Speaker 18: Case in point for the argument that President Trump has made about why we must stop mass th world migration into this country. It is a tool the Democrat Party has used to rob the American people blind.
Speaker 1: And so they're Steven Miller, the Andrew Pappis. There's no one who spells it out the way he does. I mean, the guy's an absolute treasure the way he's able to bring clarity the issues like this. And so when you look at what's happening with the Somalian population in Minnesota, and then you combine that with the issue that's really not all that sexy, but all this reapportionment and the redrawing of the congressional districts and the map and all that stuff. So my way of thinking, all this stuff sort of goes hand in hand. It all comes together because it's all about congressional seats. It's all about representation in Congress. It's all about controlling that portion of our lawmaking system, and it's all about the Democrats being in charge and advancing their agenda for as far as the I can see.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you a question, Dan, what is Elon who represents that district in Minnesota? What is Elon Omar's net worth?
Speaker 1: I believe it's an excess of forty million dollars.
Speaker 6: Now, well, it's a it's a big range. It's between six and thirty million.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 6: And that was his May of twenty twenty five, so it's now the end of the year. It could have jumped up since then. It is. Do you know what her net worth was when she came into Congress?
Speaker 1: It's probably been close to zero.
Speaker 6: It was a negative sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Negative sixty thousand. It's a beautiful It's a beautiful thing, isn't it.
Speaker 6: It makes you wonder given the number that we've just been quoted, eight billion dollars in fraud and waste, that is tied I believe to not only the Somali community there, but now I've heard accusations. I believe it is that the Attorney general in Minnesota that's tied up in this now for campaign contributions. It's it's a high ranking Minnesota state official that is now on tape of saying something along the lines of it. He turned his eye to something he expected to have contributions made, and those contributions did take place. So I am not surprised when we see that the home state of Jazz hands himself tim Uh.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 6: I was about to say something else, so I caught myself.
Speaker 1: I hear you've been driving by his house too, yelling nasty words at him.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, I don't want to make him cry any more than the gentleman has cried, because that's the biggest thing, you know, God forbid. My point on that is someone takes nothing about Tim Wallas and someone drive by and say a dirty, dirty word that he takes offense at, rather than what the Democrats do is label used labels on our candidates, that that instead of words being hurtled at, then bull hurdled at them. So, you know what, he is not the victim of anything other than his incompetence. And I have no I don't feel the least bit sorry for whatever might be happening to Tim Walls up in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the news broke last night that the City of Cincinnati, the city manager, wants to engage in a settlement with the protesters who were here in Cincinnati, about five hundred or so protesters who were rioting, who were causing damage in the city of Cincinnati, and for their efforts, they got arrested. And now they've agreed to a settlement to where these individuals are going to be paid a little over twelve thousand dollars each. The attorneys in this case are getting in excess of two million dollars. So what message is the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County sending to thugs, punks, rioters, people like that who would come into the city demonstrate go well beyond their First Amendment rights and engage in criminal activity in the city of Cincinnati. What message are we sending them through this settlement?
Speaker 6: Two words very easy, crime.
Speaker 1: Pace, crime, pace, There you go now, and you know what, and.
Speaker 6: I my heart bleeds. My heart bleeds for the poor men and women of law enforcement that were as to force the law, a curfew that was imposed by the very city that is now seeking to compensate those criminals for breaking the law.
Speaker 1: A Democrat mayor, by the way, a Democrat mayor John Cranley, who who who saw the writing on the wall that this was going to call severe damage and gave our police additional tools to use to shut these riots down. And John Cranley, much to his credit, said that look, these police officers did a great job. And he stands. He says he you know, the they saved the city from burning down. We didn't make national news back then because our law enforcement shut it down. And now the city manager says, all these people need to get some money. They need about twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Could you imagine being a law enforcement officer and putting your life on the line every day when you go out in the public and you're and you're patrolling, your life is on the line. You're rest somebody that's breaking the law. You're saving businesses, people's property, people's people's personal lives. And here you come. Here's the administration that that says they support you, quote unquote comes along now and and and and gives each person there twelve thousand, approximately twelve thousand, five hundred dollars for for for breaking the law. I am sickened by it. I haven't heard our mayor, who's not particularly our financial wiz. From what I understand, I have not heard our mayor comment on this, but I just don't understand how how someone doesn't look at this and absolutely want to be sick to their summit.
Speaker 1: It was funny. I passed the guy up who looked just like a tab Purvoll with his thumb out. He's hitching a ride, so it's you know, it's his card. His car got repossessed.
Speaker 6: Well that's not Dan, you know that was that was simply a drafting error. For several months, this thing's happened. Yeah, we're back in nineteen seventy where banks didn't have your cell phone and your email and app your phone for to communicate to among us.
Speaker 1: Hasn't been laid on a payment. You know, it can happen.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, do you have to pay do you have to pay for your car to keep your car? I mean I don't, I don't know. I mean maybe I've been doing it rolling all this year.
Speaker 1: All right, Papas, we got to run as always. Man, great to have you on and we'll be talking next time.
Speaker 6: Dan, Carol, I appreciate you know. Next time we can talk about my new book.
Speaker 1: That I just wrote. Yeah, what's that? What's what's the title of it.
Speaker 6: It's called Making Friends and Influencing People by Me?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Papas. I'll see you buddy. There you go the one and know the former Anderson Township trust the Rys always great to have mine coming up. I've I've got another guest, Robert Spencer, and he's got a great book out. We're going to talk about Islamism on the move in the United States and it's a little bit of a wake up call, so stick around for that two twenty five at the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW. He real call free this afternoon on this beautiful Saturday, and great to welcome in my next guest, Robert Spencer of Jihati Watch. He is also the author of a brand new book and the book is entitled Holy Hell Islam's Abuse of Women and the Infidels who enable it. And Robert Spencer, welcome again to seven hundred WLW. How are you great to talk to again?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 1: Thank you. We talked a couple of weeks ago about Zorahan Mandani. It actually was before the election, but now that Zorhan Mondani has been elected, in New York City? What what are New Yorkers in for? And let me ask you this, what did you make of the meeting that Zorahan Mondani had with President Trump there in the Oval Office.
Speaker 19: Same to me that Trump was trying to make it impossible for mom Donnie to blame him when everything goes wrong, as it inevitably will. Mom Donnie is a Marxist. Although he denies it, it's very clear from his record and his statements, and he's going to try to implement various socialist policies in New York which are going to likely bankrupt the city, and then he'll blame Trump. And now, with Trump on record being friendly and talking him up and saying he's rooting for him, it's going to be harder for Mom Donnie to displace the blame in that.
Speaker 3: And so I think that it could.
Speaker 19: Have been it was very likely was a very canny move on the part of the President to try to take away one of Mam Donnie's primary strategies, which is to execute his plans and then when they don't work, try to blame Trump for everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I looked at that, and I see it as Trump really throwing a curveball to the base of Mondanni, because much of his base is simply people who hate Trump. And I think a large portion of his campaign, aside from the free buses and the rent controls and the free grocery stores, a large portion of his campaign were supported by people who simply hate Trump and for no other reason wanted to vote for Mondnni because of that. And I think Mondanni needs Trump a lot more than Trump needs him. And I think that is that this was more of a positioning move for Trump because he knows in the future at some point Mondnnie's gonna have to come knocking on his door exactly.
Speaker 19: And see, this is the way that it worked out. The historical precedent that we have for this is when New York City went bankrupt back in the seventies and they asked President Gerald Ford for a handout and to bail them out, and he refused. And Ford was the one got the blame, not the leaders of New York City who had run it into the ground economically. And now Trump has kind of checkmated Mamdani and made it virtually impossible for him to make the same maneuver.
Speaker 1: You and I have not spoken since it came to light all the corruption and the fraud going on in Minnesota as it relates to the Somalian community there, and the fraud that surrounds Feeding the Hungry program, another program for autistic children, another program that is supposed to provide housing for seniors and at risk individuals, and more than it looks like more than a billion dollars has been embezzled from these programs, and probably a lot more. Are you surprised by any of this that so much has gone on and so much of this is connected to this particular community and the way that this whole thing has been rolled out.
Speaker 19: I'll tell you, Dan, the only thing that surprises me about it, is it anybody it'd surprised because I could have told you this was coming for ever since there were Somalis in Minneapolis. Really because the Koran, the Holy Book of Islam, teaches that it's the responsibility of the Infidels to pay for the Muslims, to pay taxes to the Muslims and provide for their upkeep. Now that being the case, if they're not doing that, there have been any moms who have told Muslims you can steal from the Infidel and it's perfectly okay because their money belongs to you anyway, and you're entitled to what they have, and so we should expect communities of believing Muslims to be stealing from us. It's surprising here, again, surprising that anybody was surprised.
Speaker 1: The New York Post wrote a piece about Ihan Omar and how she is connected to so many of these individuals who are either tan gently or directly connected to a lot of the fraud that's been going on there, and the Post is asking some serious questions about how much she knew about this. She had events at some of these restaurants where these feeding the Kids program was supposed to go on. She's got pictures with a lot of the individuals, some of them who've already been convicted in some of these fraud schemes. So do you have any doubt at all that Ilhan Omar knew exactly what was going on with all this fraud and deception there?
Speaker 19: None whatsoever. This was something that I expected, It's the full story of it. Were known that she would be implicated in it in a very high to a very high degree, maybe even helping the people do things so that they wouldn't get caught here. Again, this is not really even something that she would have thought of as unethical. It's just the natural order of things. The non Muslims are supposed to be paying money to the Muslims.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is money, this is all.
Speaker 19: This was something that the Somali community was completely entitled to, you know.
Speaker 1: So as I look at this, look at what happened in Minnesota, I look at this individual from Afghanistan that was shouting a La wakbar as he shot the two members of the National Guard in DC, I keep thinking of what condo Lee's the Rice talked about after she did her evaluation and analysis of September eleventh, and she said that our enemies were on a war footing and we are not. And I think that, and I think we've we've sort of fallen back into that, at least under the previous administration. But I listened to what Marco Rubio said a day or so ago, and I want to play that cut right now, because when I hear Marco Rubio talk like this, it makes me think that at least parts of our administration, the Trump administration, have their eyes open to this. Drew, could we please hear cut number four.
Speaker 20: Ultimately, all radical Islamic movements in the world identify the West writ large, but the United States in particular, as the greatest evil on the earth. And every chance to have the notion that somehow Radical Islam would be comfortable with simply controlling some province in Iraq or Syria, it's just not borne out by history. Radical Islam has shown that their desire is not simply to occupy one part of the world and be happy with their own little caliphate. They want to expand. It is a revolutionary in its nature. It seeks to expand and control more territories and more people. And Radical Islam has designs openly on the West, on the United States, on Europe. We've seen that progress there as well, and they're prepared to conduct acts of terrorism in the case of Iran nation, state actions, assassinations, murderers, you name it, whatever it takes for them to gain their influence and ultimately their domination of different cultures and societies. That's a clear and imminent threat to the world, to the broader West, but especially to the United States, who they identify as the chief chief source of evil on the planet. The reason why they hate the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the leadership of the UAE of Bahrain is because they've allowed the United States to partner with them.
Speaker 3: That's why they hate them. They consider them infidels for it.
Speaker 20: They hate Israel, but they also hate America, and they hate anywhere in the world that we have influenced. They seek to attack it, including here in the homeland. If you look at the domestic terrorists that the attacks have happened here domestically, the overwhelming majority of them have been inspired by radical Islamic viewpoints, and that includes the shooting in the Poults night club in Orlando, Florida. That includes the Saudi Pilot in Pensacola, my home state, two attacks.
Speaker 1: So, Robert Spencer, when you hear Marco Rubio talk like that, I know when I hear him speak like that, it tells me that at least part of this administration hares their eyes open to this. And Marco Rubio, I think, does a fantastic job, and he's able to lay it out in plain language that just about anyone is able to understand.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was very good.
Speaker 19: It is unusual and rare from a high level public official and so it's refreshing to hear just a couple things, though, if you don't mind, maybe I'm looking at the glass half full and half empty that is, instead of half full. But it seems to me in the first place, it's not radical. It is mainstream, ordinary Islam that seeks conquest and domination of the infidels, and that needs to be recognized so that we don't keep on thinking that this is some aberration, but understand that it can just appear anywhere where there might be Muslims. That's not to say that every Muslim is a terrorist or a radical or something like that, but that this is far more widespread than I think most people want to believe. And also when he talks about Saudi Arabia and Cutter not being on this program, I think, unfortunately that's not the case. They are very much still part of it. They are just pursuing their own short term pragmatic interests.
Speaker 3: When those interests.
Speaker 19: Change, when they shift, then it'll be clear once again that those are Ghati entities like the others.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Going back to Mandani and the people that voted for him, it's one thing to have young people like this who really know nothing of socialism. They were failed by the educational system in this country to realize the failure that comes along with socialism and how wherever it's been tried it has never worked. The other part of it is, and this is what your book is about, Islam's abuse of women and the infidels who enable it. I think by and large, the women who voted for this guy have absolutely no clue of the way women are treated within Islam. That's right, Dan.
Speaker 19: I mean, consider the fact that Mandanni has said that he's going to stop having police respond to domestic violence cases, that he's going to send social workers. Now, if he got some violent guy with a knife startning to kill his wife, a social worker is not going to help. And it's just appalling that he would say this. But coincidentally or not coincidentally, it coincides exactly with the Islamic Holy books that care on, which says that if you have a woman from whom you fear disobedience, then beat them. And it's it's not a police matter, it's something that's completely justified. And so Mom, Donnie just happens to be endorsing a procedure that will aid and a bet that.
Speaker 1: Well well, we'll see how this is going to manifest itself over time. I think he takes office right after the beginning of the first of the year, so we'll see what happens. And you've also got another piece up at Front Page magazine and you right, I hate to say I told you so, but not that much. And you talk about recommention recommendations that you made back in two thousand and eight that would have prevented us from being in the situation that we find ourselves in. Now, what what were some of those recommendations that you made back in two thouandy.
Speaker 19: One of them was stopping immigration from Muslim countries. Now, this is something that I got a lot of heat for and people were saying, oh, see this is racist and so on exactly, But it was never a racial thing to start with. It's about an ideology that is supremacist, violent and expansionist and that people are bringing in. It's just actually what the president has just been talking about when he was speaking about how he was going to end immigration from third world countries. Now that's a good start, but the fact is this is not even really a third world problem.
Speaker 3: This is an Islamic problem.
Speaker 4: And the longer we ignore that.
Speaker 3: The more the problem is going to keep.
Speaker 19: On growing and coming at us from.
Speaker 3: Areas where we don't expect.
Speaker 19: So if the President were to say I'm going to end immigration from Muslim countries, he also would get a lot of heat for being a racist islamophobe. But he could actually do it if he wanted to, and he could base it on the teachings of Islam that call for violent conquest of unbelievers, and those things are not hard to find. So it's a good step that he's taking. Certainly, he will keep a lot of Jihat terrorists out of the country, and that's also the good The thing about immigration is you know where nation of immigrants, and all of us have immigrant backgrounds if you go back far enough. And so a lot of people think it's a terrible Unamerican thing to restrict immigration, But there are national security issues involved. They're readily demonstrable, and I commend the President for taking notice of them.
Speaker 1: But I've heard so many people make the argument that that Islam is more than just a religion, it's also a political movement as well. And so when there's no doubt about that, when when you when you combine those two. The political side of what Islam wants to bring to this country is certainly not compatible with our constitution, our way of life, our culture. And what is it going to take for people to finally recognize that and say, look, practicing your religion is one thing, but trying to change the entire culture and the way that the United States of America works and what it was founded on is another thing. And we've got to draw the line somewhere. Absolutely, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 19: And this is what I've been saying for years, that we have to understand that Islam has this political aspect, and that that aspect of Islam is completely at odds with the American Constitution, and so there's nothing wrong with our taking measures to protect ourselves from that. And this has been obscured all these years by these charges of Islamophobia and so on, and so here again I commend the President and the people around him for not being afraid to grasp that metal and to do what's necessary to protect the American people. I only hope that they don't get stopped again by leftist judges or somebody who say, you can't can't limit immigration and you have to let everybody in, no matter how dangerous they are, and so on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you find time to write thirty two books?
Speaker 3: I don't do anything else.
Speaker 1: I'll do anything else. All right, well, Robert Spencer, always great. I appreciate the time. I'll look forward to the next time we get a chance to talk again. You may have four or five more books out by then, but we will see that. All right, keep up the great work, and all the best to you, and take care of yourself, you too. All right, there you go, Robert Spencer on seven hundred WLW