Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Friends, the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you. Yeah, follow the.
Speaker 1: Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros papade.
Speaker 3: Gus and Matt money Smith. Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.
Speaker 2: Looking to you, petros in Money A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. I know I'm three time zones away, but I don't I don't feel like that changes the men. Maybe it does, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Fred got out extremely early today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe it was just me, but it said it was five point fifty nine and twenty eight seconds when I heard our intro role. But maybe that's just because I'm now now I'm three time zones away here in the big Town Now Show. Maybe a couple difference.
Speaker 3: Matt's on tour with his youngest daughter, tour the world tour, and he's having an exciting time on the Eastern Seaboard. I believe, Matt, this is the only day you will be featured as the host of the Petros and Money Sell the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: You are You're off. Yeah, today is Today was the off day. Yesterday was the drive from Boston to New York. Tomorrow is the New York Show, Thursday will be the Drive the d C, and Friday will be the DC Show. So my roadie and van driving duties continue. So far, so good. I was able to move the pod safely from Boston to New York. A couple of meetings today in what city?
Speaker 3: What the pod?
Speaker 2: So I I was responsible for driving the band Preston Smith has hired a band, a bass uh player, a guitar but bass player Cash, a guitar player Ashwin, a drummer Jackson are all in tow and I am responsible for moving.
Speaker 3: A like a pod of dolphins.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I just didn't know what else to call him. And it's a it's a it's I guess the group the band, the band man. Yeah, so I'm I'm responsible for the band and schedule we were, you know, I woke them up early in Boston. I was like, guys, we got to get out of here. Man, it's the President's Day weekend. Don't want to get stuck on the FDR Bridge, you know, going nowhere for.
Speaker 3: Now President's Day weekend in Boston you get caught behind Paul Revere's art.
Speaker 2: Right. Let me tell you, by the way, I do I believe now that because I had to you know, drive them for food, We had to go pick up some equipment. One person had to go, you know, one of the guys had to go. One of the kids had to go to Best Buy to get some electronics for something that wasn't working. I now know I had.
Speaker 3: To go to Buy in Las Vegas last summer for a new court for my sleep mask.
Speaker 2: See, like, first of all, that Best Buys still exist is something. Second is I now know why Boston people are such a holes, why they're called you know, massholes Massachusetts. There the road system that I have not had to navigate through multiple neighborhoods. Normally, you land, you go one place and then you go back to the airport whatever. It is the most ridiculous road system in the history of the world. It's like, yeah, you're going to go to the right here. Oh, but it's not a severe right, it's a slight right. Oh wait, no, no, no, it's not a slight right. It's the third slight right, not the second slight right, and not the hard right. And now you've found yourself going the wrong direction. It is such an archaic web of roadways that is so impossible.
Speaker 3: An old time city, man, you know, yeah, San Francisco is an old city. You know you have to drive around.
Speaker 2: You have people like me that don't know what they're doing, your town Barcelona, that that create this log jam, and the people that have lived there understand, yes, I need to take the second slide right, not the third. Saying I hate everybody, Yet I.
Speaker 3: Really believe you because I've heard from people that actually live there and it doesn't feel like they're able to navigate the roads very well either.
Speaker 4: We have We're driving on McGrath Highway.
Speaker 2: In some of the that's where I stayed.
Speaker 4: Noticed a couple of cars swinging like moving to the right, and we've seen something in the street. And he's like, Louis, what is that? What is I'm like, I don't know what is it? So I ran across the highway to grab it. We brought it in the car. We had no idea what it was. Was wrapped up in a brown paper bag. Okay, the first thing I said, this belongs to the Red Sox.
Speaker 5: This is the Fenway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, how do we have this?
Speaker 4: Like nobody made this, this belongs to the park. I'm thinking that they hanging off the Green Monster.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you had a good time in Boston. And a lot of people are sending me your tour schedule, Matt, even though you know I don't know it. I'm here doing great sports talk, but a lot of people send me the tour schedule, and it appears that you're not going to be in a hee. Oh, let's go bart Who's opening in Philly?
Speaker 2: Hollinoaks, we are. We are phillyas Sunday. Okay, DCU is Friday.
Speaker 3: We want to make sure you're going to Philly too.
Speaker 2: Yes, twenty six, per the mayor. Yeah, phillyas Sunday. DCU is Friday. The Bowery Ballroom is tomorrow night. In the East Village here in the big time in New York City. Well, good luck on the tour, Thank you, thank you, I appreciate it. What tour, the world tour? That's a clown question, cloud question, what tour.
Speaker 3: We still have a lot of dishes to wash and great Sports Talk today. In fact, great Sports Talk we're on for four hours today and tomorrow. The Clippers will return on Thursday and Friday for back to back game, So today we will deal with a lot of the MLBPA I'm having sex with my sister in law fallout, no no from Tony Clark. We'll discuss that with Bob Nightingale from USA today. Quoth the Nightingale nevermore, So we will have that discussion. I'm sure we'll talk about it in the top story of the day. And David Vasse, who is live in person at Camelback Ranch doing the Dodger spring training thing. It's kind of a different sort of year since they're not going out of the country, way out of the country to start the season in Correa or hop Horn. They are starting, as David vass put in boring old Los Angeles. So despite the World Baseball Classic, which is going to cost them five players, the Dodgers more normalcy in this year's spring training at Camelback Ranch. So we'll talk to David Vassy and he's got Max Munsey to talk about their big push up contest as the show goes on. So those are ye know, I feel like Mookie five Bill has not had a shows very strong for his way of waste amount of push it David vesse, all right, Max Munsey said. Vassy is not on the team and he's almost fifty, but apparently he's still when he was a younger man and more comparable in age to the Dodger players many years ago, when he was doing the exact same job. Because all of us are stuck in the exact same job we've been in for decades.
Speaker 2: Hey stuck, I say, blessed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're also a roadie man company driving a van as well. But I'm driving a dollar van like a Nigerian guy in Brooklyn. But that being said, uh, vast say was this is not the first time I'm trying to say that Dave was challenged by different Dodgers for a push up contest because years ago and races and things of that nature. But years ago it was revealed that Dave he really couldn't do one push up, and that became a big thing on the Dodgers team, and whenever people were feeling down, they'd be like, hey, Dave, why don't you try to do a push up? Because it would make them feel better? Right, it would totally make them feel better, because you know, but now Dave's almost fifty years old, he's still.
Speaker 2: He enlisted your help. You took him into the Jim Our office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that lasted a short period of time. The data chest nearly killed him ended right then?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sadly that is the story, matt uh, He asked. This was before Kate's BC. Kate's was dealing with Tony Bruno sexual TVs.
Speaker 2: Kate's. Miss Robin made spaghetti. I'm doing the show.
Speaker 3: You want to see pictures of the last that Miss Robin and I fished down at Jap's last night. So, oh, don't tell me that's not what it was like.
Speaker 2: I put down a gallon of barefoot white. I can't come in.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 3: Miss Robin, but every night we invite someone no do our bet.
Speaker 6: Now, this push up contest you guys are talking about, was this different than the one we did.
Speaker 2: At the station.
Speaker 3: This was years years later, David Vasse, Uh, it was revealed that he couldn't do a So we started working out downstairs at the gym, and like in our second workout, Vess is like, let's throw the medicine ball. And I was like why, you know, like what and why were we That's what they did in Rookie, you know, because Dave loves Rocky. So that was Dave's whole thing, like, let's throw the medball. And I literally like I I threw it at him and I didn't mean to throw it hard. I didn't think I threw it hard, but he caught it with his chest and it knocked him over. Some say it blew him off his feet, and it.
Speaker 2: Blew him into the dry wall. The person is still there.
Speaker 3: But he had a real look of resentment, like you hurt me, you know, like a dog would, like a guilty dog. He looked really he was very upset with me. So that was the end of the David Vesse workouts. I do think now Dave can do more than one push up.
Speaker 6: I heard him on Dodge Talk last night. He said he did seven in the Dodgers Allen's Huge years ago.
Speaker 2: Seven in the Challenge. Yes in the I remember the video of it. Some accused him of not getting low enough. Others accused him of having too wide of a push up wide ass, yeah, so it made the dip very shallow. Uh. And then others pointed to his shaky arms as he was, you know, on like push up number three or four.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, if you could only bang out seven around four, you're like, oh no, he wasn't on his knees. No knee push ups.
Speaker 2: Here, right, no knee push ups, just a very wide push up bass and day it was listen. So he's covering the team, all right. He's not an athlete. He does he's he should not be waste him a push up, David, He should not be tasked with having to push wow.
Speaker 3: Months he just doesn't want to say that. It's still but that's fine. So we'll talk to David vasse in Uh in our next hour to get everybody ready for MONSI vass and push up talk on Dodger Talk. So four hours today on a two end mono Tuesday. One thing that we talked about yesterday but not enough, Matt, I feel like.
Speaker 2: Was the tour, what tour the world tour.
Speaker 3: Actually, we did discuss the Tour Tour, the World Tour, Matt, we did discuss that, but what we missed out on was we did play a little bit of in quick hits. But I know that we're a holes and we hate everything Lebron does, and I think rightfully so. And the Lebron Lakers time is coming to an end. It will end at the end of this year.
Speaker 2: I feel as the years go on, we're being proven more and more right by the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but people are more and more tired of us talking about it as well, you know what I mean. I don't know. I don't really know. But when the guy books his own presser for the All Star Game, and I think it's like the fourth year in a row that he's done that. So some kid was a high school freshman in like twenty twenty one or whatever, was this guy booking his own presser and now it's still happening. And when he booked his own presser this year, everybody thought, oh my god, it's going to make a big announcement. He's going to go to Cleveland and be there for like a day and retire like Emtt Smith did with a Cowboy. I don't know, but there was a lot of speculation. Matt, you were probably trying to mop some water off of the stage so nobody got electrocute, like almost stap puppets. Yeah, but Lebron called the press conference. Somebody of course asked him the question, is this your last thing? You know? I mean, was it woiki? God? I hope it wasn't. Look somebody asked him what he based some form of that question, and that that whin are you're going to retire? Is this your last thing? And the ultimate? You call your own press conference to tell everybody that you want to live? I want to live.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I want to live. I know, you guys know, I don't know. I have my idea. I just want to just want to live. That's all I want to live.
Speaker 3: How do you call a press conference? You could have said that to everybody else when everybody else was there. When when Jalen Brown was spray painting his hair and beard on to get his party canceled in Beverly Hills and he couldn't have been raised. It wasn't a party, p it was a panel. It was a panel. How could it be racially profiled? When Kenny Smith's went off the same day at the same town.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you booked the wrong property to host your panel.
Speaker 3: You know, this guy had three parties this week. I don't know why then it loves have this, I don't know. Maybe that's why.
Speaker 2: That's why, Maybe the neighbors had finally had enough. Three hundred people are descending upon the property again, it's going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: One of the other all stars. I couldn't see who it was, but some guy pulled up with like probably like some seven thousand dollars jacket with a very very complex art piece of an Orthodox saint. This this case Saint George on his back, and jok it goes.
Speaker 8: But what is this? Take picture of back? And the guy's like, well, what this is Saint George? This is Sudri insant it. You know, well, all that stuff is happening. Lebron could have done a press conference right there and told that if that's all he was gonna say, I.
Speaker 2: Want to live.
Speaker 3: I want to live. Look, I have a rough time some days, but pretty much every day. That's my answer.
Speaker 2: I know, I want to live.
Speaker 3: You had to call a press conference and tell us you want to live.
Speaker 2: I want to to behave as a holier, than now entity of Hey, this basketball retirement people. I just want to live, man, I just want to live my life. You guys are cut up in the minutia of a career and a one year extension or a two year Come on, man, can't we operate on a higher level together.
Speaker 3: I want to live.
Speaker 7: I want to live, my dear, I just want to just want to live.
Speaker 3: I just you know, I'm not trying to be a nitpicker, but when that's your like, could you come up with something better than I want to live?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean I want to live.
Speaker 3: We all do, Lebron. Most of our lives are not as important as yours, but we all want that we have that expert expectation as far as our desires go. We also want to live. So why did you call this press conference?
Speaker 7: I want to live.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's that's it.
Speaker 7: I want to live.
Speaker 3: Okay, could you live somewhere else?
Speaker 2: Please? With that? Did you go somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Could you live in Cleveland? Could you go live in New York the big town?
Speaker 6: This press conference was so hyped up that one of the online sites, the sports websites, started doing a running minute by minute question and answer tally thinking this could be it. He is announcing he is retiring or he's going to Cleveland next year and next year will be a final tour in his twenty fourth season in the NBA. And this was it sarcastic answer.
Speaker 7: I want to live, mind dear, just to just want to live, that's all.
Speaker 3: So you call a press conference so people could ask you questions, and and then you basically condescend all of their questions by telling if you want to live. That's like Harry and Meghan saying that they want privacy and then showing up everywhere.
Speaker 7: I want to live.
Speaker 2: Whish I appreciate. I love seeing the world couple out. They're not.
Speaker 3: They're not working royals.
Speaker 2: Matt Hey, that blood is royal. I can tell, well, so is Lebron's. He's the king.
Speaker 7: Just want to live us all.
Speaker 2: We heard, we hear Lebron? What are we doing? I want to live? That's I wish somebody would just have asked that question, Hey man, what are we doing? Like? What can you just tell us what question to ask? You can answer it and we can all get the hell out of here?
Speaker 3: Like what is he saying? Like you know, I'm tired? Guys, I'm tired of just ekeing my way through life with the banana boat and rapping for Diddy and hanging out with migos and going to eyes wide shut parties where we drink blood. I'm tired of all this. I really want to live. I'm tired of my private jet everywhere and orchestrating the league with my fake ass friends us all.
Speaker 2: But I don't even know what that like.
Speaker 3: I want to live.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned orchestraate. You orchestrated the arrival of your son to play basketball with you. He is on a professional, storied organization.
Speaker 3: That's just us, you know, that's just us banging our way through life with us. That living with the safety you know, with the safety training wheels on. I really want to live, man, I really want.
Speaker 2: To taste life, which means.
Speaker 3: I'm Jabron Lames. I want to taste it.
Speaker 2: Like you want to retire and go live like I just want to live. When I know you'll know you bought molikini. I want to live.
Speaker 3: I want to live. I don't want to live in a leper colony. I don't want to live. You think maybe he wants to join live golf.
Speaker 2: That's what he's talking about, Oh interesting, got bit by the bug. It's all he thinks about, you know, wake up, hyperbaric chamber, nap like.
Speaker 3: I would be more respectful if Lebron acted like like John Travolta. At the end of one of my favorite movies, also starring Frank Stallone, the Saturday Night Fever sequel Staying Alive, where at the end, after John Travolta dances his literal ass off in a Broadway show, he goes hard, his his chick, his love interest, one of them, of course, because he can't be held down. One of his love interests says to him, what are you gonna do? He goes, you know what I want to do after the show? You know, right there, they're right there backstage, that exuberant moment Matt like we feel after a summer tour or an event at BJYS. Travolta goes, you know what I want to do right now? I want to strut, and then he takes to the street and the song starts with the beach, and then there's a close up of his tiny little ass bouncing back and forth and his thirty inch waist. You can tell up by the way I use and he's just doing it. I want to strut. I would respect Lebron Moore if he said I want to strut and then started strutting around the room while followed at him with a with a cell phone camera. But I want to live. I mean that's basically where we're all at. I want to live. Yeah, okay, Lebron, I don't have to call a press conference to tell everybody that.
Speaker 2: By live, are you dealing with something medically that that needs attending to? Uh? Nope? By live, you mean you don't want to be on a schedule of wake Up, hyper Barrack Chamber, Steminis, nap EA, video game massage table. No, like you want to get off that.
Speaker 3: Meeting with your stylist.
Speaker 2: I want to be meeting with your stutton. No, you want to just not.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm surprised didn't have a lot of legs was the Lebron Kendall. You know, the Barbie Lebron.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, why aren't those being traded?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean there's all these Peak Pikachu cards and all these baseball cards being sold. How come nobody wants Lebron Kendall? Because lebron socks. Yeah, are we bringing on Jim Hill right now? Oh footsteps in the dark, celebrating fifty years. Fifty years man coming up playing it Texas A and I Let's go Habilinas. Played for the Chargers, Chargers NFL champion, the Packers and the Cleveland Brown And by champion we mean greatest guy ever at a broadcasting legend fifty years KCBS. He's been his address for quite some time. Love him and Rocky. We love brother Jim on your Southern California Toyota neither celebrity hotline. We are here to congratulate Jim Hill, fifty years, man of greatness in the city of Los Angeles and telling great stories. What's crack at, Jim?
Speaker 5: How are you boy? You guys are entertaining all just by yourself, just listening to each other, aren't you. Let me let me, let me let me say this before we get in, before getting further, I just want to say thank you to both of you for what you do. We are going through some really really crazy stuff right now, not only in our city but in our country. And because you too have mastered not only the English Dictionary, but the English language you're able to appeal to all ages and what is in what, and when you are sophisticated with with one group, you are very plain with another. So everyone understands it. It's very important, and you two guys are ahead of everybody else. It seems like it's very important that we communicate with each other, that we understand each other, that we protect each other, and that we try to help each other in any and every way we can, because if not, if this thing turns south, it'll turn south in a minute, and it will really be it'll really be nasty, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: That's very kind.
Speaker 3: Well, we love you, brother Jim, and we just try to keep people going with our very very sophomoric brand of sports talk radio. But thank you for the compliment, and God bless you, Jim. I mean, you've done this for so long. Anybody who has a twenty five year career after playing years of professional football, hey, that's a great career. What has kept you doing other than being, you know, such a youthful guy in such great shape and still looking great. What's kept you wanting to tell la sports stories for fifty years?
Speaker 5: Get up early, go to bed, late, worklight hill in between. That's the key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody does it better.
Speaker 5: Well, I appreciate what you gentlemen say, and and your and your listeners are are very very smart. But you know what, though, when you when you really really have a passion for what you do, it's like you guys, You guys have a passion for what you do. I have a passion for what I do. It doesn't make any difference to me what time. If I have to get eight hours of sleep a night or two hours of sleep a night. There's a job to be done. And when you think about all those who are out there that don't have jobs that all you have to do. Just drive down the streets of LA and drive under these tunnels. You'll see them. And if that doesn't, if that doesn't shock you and wake you up, then nothing will. So I know how lucky I am. I know the I'm very fortunate to be working for a wonderful company, and I know great people like you two guys. You'd be surprised at how and how you two have been a a positive influence on me, not by just us talking, but by you doing what you do. And it makes everybody think. And when you start to think, you get really really smart and intelligent, and that's what we need more of. We need more thinkers. So your station is very lucky to have you, and we as listeners are very lucky to have.
Speaker 2: You, you know, Jim, we we're lucky to this is our twentieth year, which you know, it seems like forever, but then as we talk to you, it it seems like nothing. And over those twenty years, we've had, you know, a few moments we had. We had Kobe call the show when he was upset with the with management and Andrew buying him and the Jason Kid thing, and he came on our show to kind of air those grievances we've had, you know, sort of these these seminal moments. What in fifty years can you think of of something that's that stands out. I don't like that, you know, just like, oh yeah, I remember being in this place at this time, and man, that was that was a heavy moment in this fifty year run that I've had.
Speaker 5: No, I hate to be I had to be quick with it like that, but uh, they're the thing that the things that I remember the most is is being around young people, young kids, and going to schools and talking to schools and having questions and answer sessions with our with our young people, because when you look at you look at our young people, and you look into their eyes and you see that they are the future of our country. Not only do you really think about making them better individuals, you think about making yourself a better individuals. Because our young people have a have a fascinating look on this thing that we call life. And sometimes they even they've even opened my eyes to some subjects. So I try not to get to philosophical or too or too mart with everybody, because here's the thing. Young people know when you when you when you feed them a bunch of bs, Yeah, they know it, and and they let you know that they know it. So I I'm just I'm just happy that I that I have, that I have the position and the good fortune that I have here. But I also I also am really thankful to know you two guys. And here's the reason why. Whether whether when I'm listening to you, I agree with you or not, you have your you have your your your point of view, and sometimes people fail to realize that you're right and they're wrong. There are a lot of times I've I've listened to you and I've I've thought about a subject and then I've started listening to you and I said, oh, they don't know what the Oh yes they do. They know what they're talking about on this. So you have you have a gift. You you two have a have a gift sent by the the Big GM and the sky. And thank you for everything that you do and for God's sake, don't stop doing what you do and don't stop being the way that you are.
Speaker 3: We love your brother, Jim. The Tiger Woods interview we saw on the fifty year LA TV CASECBS special that ran the other day. The we have, I mean, just so many great memories. But I got to ask you, Jim, was it who was the hardest guy to tackle back in the day, in the old and the old professional football when the men were really men.
Speaker 5: No, let's don't say that now, that's don't say when men were really men. Let's don't go that way. It's just anytime you you you step on an athletic field and it's there's competition and then there's contact. That's the wonderful thing about sports, and that's the wonderful thing about professional football. There are different ways to attack this thing what we call professional football. What happens is it's a copycat league. And when one team sees how successful another team is, they want to be like that other team. But they forget they don't have the personnel that that other team has. So you fail while you try, while you try sometimes, but it's it's wonderful watching them and what even and the other thing that that I really enjoy. It's really wonderful when I listen to you got you gentlemen, and how you and how you really you talk about tell it like it is. That's exactly what you do. And your and your listeners are very smart and they know and they realize that you guys are just telling them the bare truth. And sometimes we can't stand the bare truth. We we want to turn away from it. But your listeners are smart enough that they want the truth and they get it with you too.
Speaker 2: We bring him on to celebrate him, and you want to know why everybody loves Jim so much. He insists upon celebrating us. That's just the way he's always been. You're the best. Congratulations Jim on the fifty years. We're so happy we could bring you on and share with everyone. You know, why we love you so much, why everyone in town loves you so much. And man, it's an incredible accomplishment and we cannot heap enough praise upon you for putting that in and knowing what you mean to all the folks here in town.
Speaker 5: I you know, I appreciate it. I didn't want to do it. I tried. I tried not to acted like I lost your number. But here we are meant to be. Yeah, things are meant to be, meant to be. But thank you. But it's more important that we thank you too. It's more important that we we we we celebrate listening to you because you have a gift. The big person up in the reached down and touched you to and gave you a very very special gift, and that gift is to think. That gift is to make sure that we understand what you're talking about and to analyze it. So thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You heard it. Brother Jammy wants Matt and not it keeps smoking pole. We're gonna keep smoking Pole as long as we can.
Speaker 2: Brother, exactly what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Jim Hall fifty years of great work in a tough city. This is Petro send money to man.
Speaker 2: Demand Clippers post All Star Break basketball back on Thursday. They will play the Nuggets. Pregame at six thirty, tip off at seven thirty.
Speaker 3: Bob, are we ready, Bob?
Speaker 2: I'm not ready. No, Bob Nightingale is finishing a piece.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's finishing a piece.
Speaker 2: Not a piece like Tony Clark, piece of food, different kind of piece. Oh, he's finishing off with a sister in law. He's finishing off an article.
Speaker 3: So es light myself on the curtains here and we'll be ready to do the interview.
Speaker 6: You have to understand these baseball writers thought this story with Tony Clark was going one direction and then all of a sudden he got jerked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right into the curtains. Look the rainbow. He is asked for four thirty instead of three thirty.
Speaker 3: A big thank you to brother Jim Hill who joined us in the last segment. It was a really wonderful moment, no jokes, brother Jim.
Speaker 2: Very thankful for fifty years.
Speaker 3: Play that on your late night show, Sharon. There's a rainbow over here, and I could just before Conway could get to it and film himself with the rainbow like, look at that.
Speaker 2: You know Tim Conway new schedule, Yeah to night six. I thought it was seven. I think John Bobell is the three to six New show from noon to three.
Speaker 3: Show that to Tim there, Sharon, show him that video, tell him good luck on you Timeslo. It's today, Fat Tuesday. Ronnie, how come you're here? It is fatusa? Why this is my flight? Why aren't you in uh in the New Orleans your hometown? Well, you know, I heard Hilt Labouf was gonna be there, so I decided not to go. Tell you know it's coming here.
Speaker 9: Around on every one he just looks down round Shila. He'sa so fancy I don't around.
Speaker 3: We got two guys who grew up in New Orleans. Me as a tap dancer on the streets of the French Corner. Ronnie grew up nearby Metorie as the groundskeeper for the New Orleans Zephyrs, who is some minor league Double A affiliate. So we've we've known New Orleans very well. This time of year is very big in New Orleans as we're headed toward the Lenten season for Catolicos and Marty Gras is popping now.
Speaker 2: Fat.
Speaker 3: Tuesday is today, but Marty Gras is kind of like super Bowl week. Thursday, Friday, Saturday's harm Day, mom Day, and most people leave town on Tuesday. But you know who's not leaving town because he's in the old Huskaw matt Oh.
Speaker 2: He's in the stony loads of old boofer Shilah Booth.
Speaker 3: Now I feel bad continuing to tell Shi La Boof stories because he's clearly mentally ill.
Speaker 2: Well, he gives us shy La Boof story.
Speaker 3: You're right, and the listeners expect it because we have this awesome song Ronnie killed us Idico. We'll bring it back a bunch of Let's just play the boofing around one more time, Ronnie. You know that that's the kind of music you and I used to listen to when we got a little further east down the ten and used to get to New Iberia. And you have to get to the crab uh the fish fry and the crab, right, you know, the further down you start driving toward that Pierre part, you know, yeah, whenever start that French cage and I think about that crab boil we went to back in seventy four.
Speaker 9: Around on every he just looks down round Shia Laboo, he says so inside or.
Speaker 2: Around.
Speaker 3: Labouf was was detained shortly after midnight last this morning, uh he got into a fight outside of a bar in a French corner, the NOPD Crescent City Police said in a statement shared with the Independent. He was charged with two counts of simple battery and remains in a Louisiana jail after receiving medical attention from paramedics. Labouf was boof and around, acting aggressive at a bar on Rue de Royale, leading to a staff member to come up and kick out Labouf. Once outside, Labouf was looking for trouble. He punched a man with closed fists several times and then he left the area. But what's Labouf gonna do?
Speaker 2: He's gonna come right back, Hey, don booth around.
Speaker 3: He came back, according to police, acting even more aggressive. Multiple people tried to get a hold of Labouf new or Lenny and saying Chi, this isn't the way. They attempted to hold Labouf down. He was eventually let up. If we let you up, will you leave? Labouf said yes. They let him up, but then he began to attack and strike out again. He struck the same victim with closed fists to the victims upper body. Chest punches from Labooth maybe really rapid fire.
Speaker 2: Stir Now if I let you go, are you going to behave?
Speaker 3: And after he punched the guy, and after he did that, Matt, he turned around and punched another guy right in the nose. And that's when the that's when the New Orleanian people said, Okay, that's it. Hold him down.
Speaker 2: He pushed met these in the no. I'll tell you, I stand there watching the events of the unfolded, and I got pushed rotten my nose.
Speaker 3: Labooth, who has previously said that he was sober after multiple rehab treatments, had been really blowing New Orleans up for days leading up to the arrest. The bartender who served him on Thursday of last week told the Hollywood Reporter and this is why we did this story, Matt. This is the quote from a bartender to the Hollywood Reporter regarding Labouf. He is terrorizing the city. Other bartenders and patrons told the outlet that Labouf was inebriated and belligerent throughout the weekend, spotted at several bars across the city throughout Martiguas weekend. His reps did not return any requests for comma. He's known for acting erradically publicly matt. He has a history of legal issues, including a twenty twenty lawsuit filed by his ex girlfriend FKA Twiggs that he settled. First time Labouf got arrested was twenty fourteen on charges of disorderly condact, harassment and criminal trespass during a Broadway performance of Cabaret.
Speaker 2: That sounds about right, and he went.
Speaker 3: To treatment for that. That was twelve years ago. Three years ago, he was arrested in Savannah, Georgia for being publicly drunk disorderly an obstruction. Bodycam footage from the incident showed leboof making racial outbursts during his arrest, which he later attributed to alcoholism. After pleading no contest to disorderly condept, he was sentenced to a year of probation this is in Georgia in order to seek anger management and substant abuse treatment. Most recently arrest was twenty twenty, when he was charged with misdemeanor battery and petty theft and pleaded not guilt guilty. Charges were dropped after he went to a diversion program. But he is terrorizing the city of New Orleans by boofing around one more time. Thank you for the alert on Labouf everybody.
Speaker 9: Child around on every forty He just looks down.
Speaker 2: Now I did. I did look up the story. Unfortunately the tomes pick a yune.
Speaker 3: It's no longer a paper, Matt. I mean it's only online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not see it there, which is why I think you mentioned the uh Independent. But I don't know what. I don't know if that's cosette or if it's like strawberry shortcake. But he's got a large back tack.
Speaker 3: He's got a beautiful tattoo of looks to be like a French peasant maid. It is cosette, Matt Castle on a cloud.
Speaker 2: It's like, damn looking at that tattoo.
Speaker 3: Happy party you want?
Speaker 2: How big do you want the cosette tattoo?
Speaker 3: Big is how big? How big is my back?
Speaker 2: How big can you make it?
Speaker 3: Should I do some lats and come back?
Speaker 2: Do you want her to hold them up? Or like? What do you want? The dealer's choice.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with some reaction. As the Petrosen money Show continues, Bob Nightingale has been moved to the next down Happy Marty.
Speaker 1: Gron Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 3: On demand.
Speaker 2: The headline was a bloodbath on the horizon the negotiations between Major League Baseball and the Players Union to extend the CBA after this upcoming season. And then what happened, and then Bob Well and then Bob Nightingale had to tweak the blood bath from sort of nuts and bolts of the financial ramifications of what the union wants and what the owners want, well, the salaciousness of the story that led to the stepping down of Union president Tony Clark.
Speaker 3: You know, Matt, usually you're a lot less you're a lot less shy about salacious rumors like this. Usually you just come right out and say, he got caught. He got caught with his with his puzzo flapping around with his sister in law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his kunyala, his d was in the wrong. Dirty Yeah, Matt, you know, but as I am in a as you would imagine New York City, not known for ample space.
Speaker 3: Hey, do your job.
Speaker 2: The tight cords.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Jim Hill joined us in the last segment, we'll replay it so you can cringe again because it was a pulse smoking fest. It was love brother Jim, But that was definitely a bit of an awkward interview on his part. Yeah, not us.
Speaker 2: He's too kind, Petro with compliments.
Speaker 3: When Smith leaves for the world tour, the world tour, it says, right here, do you think his pole smoking tendencies take a break? Or is he like an ant eater just out there in the world looking for a host for his barnacle style pol smacking. I can see him cheating on you. P Smith is a mercenary. Oh what do you think driving a van for a band getting a bunch of fifteen year olds out of bed? He's a dirty dog.
Speaker 2: Right Pee, I got a double park and they want to toe you. You gotta smoke the pole, keep that car there, unload this equipment.
Speaker 5: The secret text does a fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy. Can I get some time with the band of smoke a pole? Jim said I was intelligent, and that's all the positive affirmation I needed to day.
Speaker 2: Our listeners are very intelligent, right.
Speaker 3: I met Jim at the RC Quakes game when Matt Kemp was rehabbing years ago. He could not have been nicer. I know that texting about Fred a hole man. That interview with brother Jim was more like a ball walk. Who's gonna wash the other guy's balls better? I think I'm gonna have to call it a Drawboys, you're a great guy. No, you're a great guy. Now you know what you guys are the bet And this is from Coach King. Mister Coach King, who's a forty year Lutheran teacher and coach in the area. And when he retired, they honored him at a Clipper game and he was on the floor with the Clippers, and this text from Coach King says this, mister Hill shook my hand at the Clipper game and told me congratulations on my retirement. When I got to throw T shirts to the crowd with the cheerleaders. Truly the highlight of my life. Large respect for Jim Hill.
Speaker 2: Feels like it's unanimous.
Speaker 6: So you guys are sitting here joking around about the LoveFest between you and Jim Hill.
Speaker 2: But the people love Jim, of course they do. People love him, not the lovecates.
Speaker 3: This says Jim Hill straight legend. Cringe though, when he's ball washing YouTube puzzos, that's more our fault.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: He came on and he wouldn't answer any questions. He just wanted to wash our sacks. You know, you got a towel. It's not it's not our fault. He could have come on and talked about himself, but he did it. Oh, Matt, look at.
Speaker 2: This, what you like this?
Speaker 3: Jabron Lames isn't a golfer. I have multiple witnesses who are members at a local club in La Mountain Gate who've said that he's not only a hack, he plays slow. Oh just say no to Jabron Golf Lames. Shrink the game like Kate's little peg. You're little, he calls you peg legs Kates.
Speaker 2: If you're a hack and you're slow, famous you are get off the course.
Speaker 3: Maybe ten years ago I would have accepted that kind of expertise from golf Matt. But now there is not one leg to stand on for surfer Roady Matt. Okay, not even one that was a that was a lifetime ago.
Speaker 2: All right, indeed it was.
Speaker 3: I might as well ask you to build the Empire State Building while you're at.
Speaker 6: It, Hey, man, I don't want to tell you because you're not here and you're in the big city right now in New York.
Speaker 2: But the local news.
Speaker 6: Started off the broadcast today with the weather report and high surf advisory, high surf.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't think he's been watching a surf camera.
Speaker 2: While and I was just watching my surf line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, while he stares at the Hudson River.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a New York spit out there.
Speaker 3: Do you think Jim Hill can run for la mayor you think he's too old? Because I felt like he was gonna announce his candicy right before he said there's gonna be a civil war.
Speaker 2: I'd vote for him.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna grow my civil war beard. Hey, in this civil war, there's plenty fat soldiers, you son of a bitch. We'll be right back with your word number and song of the day.