Speaker 1: Good morning, and welcome to the Mojo in the Morning show.
Speaker 2: Waking up very very wet today and some people waking up with no power. Had some major storms come through last night and actually got a lot of rain forecasted with what looks like flood watches. In effect, a lot of basements could have some issues. They actually put this out this is interesting. In the city of Detroit, they said please sparingly use your water and.
Speaker 1: Sewage today because they.
Speaker 2: Say that excessive amounts of use could cause for this water issue to make more flooding. I did not know this, but I did not know that if you are flushing your toilet a whole bunch or running your water into the sink and it's going through the sewage system systems, that it affects actually the rain water. I guess it makes sense, right, it all goes to the same place. But what if I've got my on the duty day, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Still encouraging you to duty. If you need to duty, yeah, listen, God duty as much.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll I'll take it easy on the dishwasher, I won't use the sink.
Speaker 1: But if I got to.
Speaker 2: Use the bath I'm using, it's totally going like I gotta go.
Speaker 1: If I gotta go, I gotta go. I'm not dealing with any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what, if there was something like there was, you know, drought issues, like hey, don't water your grass, I always would be like, very good about that, even though there were some times where.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can't let my neighbors long mine.
Speaker 2: But this is one where if I got to go to the bathroom, I'm flushing. I am not what is it? If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with that. By the way, yellow you've never heard of that. He stinks if it stays in the toilet too long. Wessel sometimes do that if he gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, And then when I wake up in the morning, it's like it's just the.
Speaker 1: Bathroom sels like pease? Is that to wake you? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, but like you've already woken me up.
Speaker 1: You got out of break.
Speaker 2: Such a light super Is your flusher that loud that it would wake you up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think it's just habit for him. Do you do you think also it could be just so tired he forgets You know that that is such a fun you know, babe.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to wake It's terrible in the morning.
Speaker 2: I want one of those things on my toilets like we have here at the radio station, where you walk away from the thing and it goes off the automatic.
Speaker 3: I hate that because the girls one there's one one of the stalls sprays you.
Speaker 1: Oh the second.
Speaker 3: Stall gives you a little spray if you don't move away. So I usually I'm done. I pull my pants up. I try to get out of the stall as fast as I can.
Speaker 1: What is the spread? Sometimes it flushes before I water like water exactly. I'd be a little lear you guys might have a bid day.
Speaker 2: We might, can I tell you though that I do hate that because sometimes I have to like triple wipe, you know sometimes you know some stuff and in ours when you do that, as you kind of move up a little bit because I try to like stand up a little bit more when I'm doing my wiping, it will go off. The thing will go off. I kind of like move myself up a little bit, like you know what I mean, Like I'm a big man.
Speaker 4: I got to get my arm in. I will say that though, before I leave you gotta do a last wipe. Oh yeah, and it's usually when you stand that's kind of like to finishing.
Speaker 2: And then it starts flushing. Yeah, you know what I mean. We have the same toilets as they do at you know, the airport. You know what I mean, Like these toilets are like.
Speaker 4: Industrial I guess so, and that that little automatic motion detector thing doesn't always work.
Speaker 5: Party.
Speaker 1: We have other issues too.
Speaker 2: This morning, as we're waking up to talk to you guys today, they say that there were some tornadoes that hit through the state of Michigan with some of them, I forget what it was Berry's Township or some of that. I heard that there was a possible tornado there. They haven't said whether or not ann Arbor had a tornado, but there's a lot of damage.
Speaker 3: Like crazy damage. It's only a tornado, I feel like you do.
Speaker 2: Was listening to the new station this morning, and the new station this morning was interviewing a college kid who's apartment roof completely came off.
Speaker 1: So if you are.
Speaker 2: Dealing with that also power outages, I know that there's a lot of people with no power and then flooded streets. You gotta be careful on that. I was coming off of the freeway. So I'm coming off of the freeway onto the ramp to get into our studios today, and at the bottom of it was what looked like I was going through you know, bella Isle or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was like a river there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually had to take a different way in this morning because I normally take seventy five the whole way. And if you take seventy five south near the city at any point in your drive today before you leave the house, just know you're going to have to You're going to want to figure out an alternate route because it's totally closed at Clay Street because the entire freeway is flooded.
Speaker 2: Here's a question to ask, And I just want to throw this out there as an early question. When you get up to go to work, and I'm assuming that you know, some people have great commutes five ten minutes, they live close to work. We don't, necessarily, or some of us don't. I always use ways, and people think it's weird that I weighs every day to go to work, and they go, why do you do that? And I said, because of what Shannon just said, or because I'm not listening to the traffic on the t on radio, Like no offense to Shannon and have their Pascal and all those people that do traffic You're great, shann I don't listen to the traffic reports.
Speaker 1: But I watched.
Speaker 2: My my app and I was in the car with Chelsea and we were coming back from we were driving home from uh picking her up at the airport, and I had to get my phone out and I'm doing it, and she goes, what are you doing? And I go, I'm putting in our home, you know, to go home. And she goes, you know how to get home, like you drive two seventy five to M five, like you know the whole thing. And I said, but you never know if there's a you know what I mean, Like I'm literally, do you guys do that or no, don't.
Speaker 3: I did turn on shout out to Charlie Langton this morning in the Detroit area because he he mentioned that the my part of my route was closed today. So I did get on ways to figure out how to get around it.
Speaker 1: But so that was the only time you ever did it.
Speaker 2: Because I would say you you have you like I do have like a kind of an interesting commute sometimes where it does seem like it has issues, you don't just always you're by like like I mean.
Speaker 3: If the news stage doesn't report something, Yeah, but it sounds.
Speaker 4: To be lying though, because it'll like you assert something. It'll give you the yellow traffic street thing where it's your traffic is slow, or give you a red one where it it's a traffic jam, and then you get in the midst of it and it's nothing there.
Speaker 2: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six y five four eight is our telephone number?
Speaker 1: What kind of Uh? I don't know you think are you waking up to today?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I know West Michigan didn't seem like it got and I could be wrong. Charlie can tell us different. But I didn't see as many crazy reports. I know that they said that there was some issue by gerald Ford Airport with storm damage. But Spencer's texting us this morning saying that northwest Ohio, Uh, there were there were some storms there. It was wild yesterday because I kept waiting for the storms all through the day to hit us that we were reporting, but then they were changed, kind of changing their pattern a little bit.
Speaker 1: What's up? Scott, how you doing good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: Where? Where do you live?
Speaker 5: I live in Clayton, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Adrian, Okay, did you guys?
Speaker 5: I am an over the road truck driver.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I am out in Iowa right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I was gonna say, I think you got hit pretty good at home. You should check with home and make sure everything's okay there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it is. Our cameras already went off this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you didn't lose power if you got your camera still?
Speaker 1: So no what you calling about, Scott?
Speaker 5: So on the spencers for the toilet, Yeah, if you lay something over it, like if it's on the piece of pipe, just lay a piece of toilet paper over it, and then it will not flush until you take the toilet paper off.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when Shannon goes to the bathroom here at the radio studios, Shannon, just like you, toilet paper the seat, toilet paper the sensor and then correct and then you're not going to get the splash ass that you get.
Speaker 6: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Correct? Okay? All right, leave it to a day to figure this thing out.
Speaker 5: Sign drivers, so well, you you know, I go to a lot of truck stops where I really don't want it. I don't want to take two showers.
Speaker 2: Feel you know, that's a great idea. Or bring with you Shannon duct tape DUC tape or.
Speaker 5: If the if the sensors on the wall in your stall in the office in the studio. Yeah, we've like a little sticky note there when you go to.
Speaker 1: I like it. Shannon's Dicky know the censors for the last night. Thank you, Scott. I appreciate it. Scott.
Speaker 2: I would like to just let you know that I also am a trucker and I've got my big rig in studio with miss this morning. Good morning, awesome, thank you time are you are you not going to get are you not going to give me one?
Speaker 5: Back? On?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Take care, Scott, Scott, don't know Scott one more time, Scott on a got on the phone this wait wait, wait while we do know.
Speaker 1: What's up? Carlos, How you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to say Scott's a genius.
Speaker 2: I know you guys got it figured it out. What's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, no, I'm I live near Wayne State, but if I'm going downtown, I'm at Quist.
Speaker 6: I'm at Quist everywhere.
Speaker 1: I go because of traffic and construction. It is like the back of my hand. Yeah, it could save you so much time. I think.
Speaker 2: I think you have to because if you don't do it, you're gonna get bit in the ass once and that one time is going to be the one time that it's forever.
Speaker 1: So thank you for the.
Speaker 2: Hey, remember post it notes in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Definitely take care of kristin. What's up? It's moje in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm totally against using all this stuff if you can help it.
Speaker 6: It's not good for you.
Speaker 1: What what's stuff?
Speaker 7: It's wait ways map quest. If you're constantly using it, it's not good for your brain. When I taught my kids to drive, I would just tell them where to go if we were on the freeway and things like that, because it's not just for your brain.
Speaker 1: What's it going to do to me? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, seriously, I've read a study I I don't remember from which college, but there are connections made in your brain and in your parents' brain that are not going to be in like Luke's brain, for instance.
Speaker 3: Or like any of Listen, I already know that I am so terrible with directions. I couldn't even tell you what way is north from right here? Really, I am so bad? Yeah, I mean I get that idea.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be a horrible boy scout, but I at least want to know there's some accidents out on the road.
Speaker 1: But hold on, Aiden is twenty years old. What's up, Aiden? Good morning morning? How is your brain? Aiden? It's good?
Speaker 7: I had I had a guy one time that I worked with and we went to the job site, the same job site every day, and he would still use his Ways app to get to the job site, like.
Speaker 1: He didn't know where we were going. Every day we would be the job Kristen.
Speaker 2: Kristen's right, you got a dummy on the job because he can't figure out how to get there without his his device.
Speaker 1: What would happen? What would happen? Aiden?
Speaker 2: You think to him if his phone lost its battery? Would he not know where to go?
Speaker 5: I think he would know where to go, but he would be uh, he wouldn't know what to do with himself.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, he'd be freaked out. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm also a ways reporter. I just want everybody to know that I report things on my Ways. I get stars and everything. Oh yeah, I'm one of the guys.
Speaker 3: Actually why I hate using ways because of all the little like animated characters.
Speaker 1: An animated one I am. Matter of fact, I wave at the ones that passed. I waved.
Speaker 2: I see wa real quick stormwatch Keenan, you're right now just outside Ann Arbor And what did you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So, I I live in Dexter commute to Madison Heights. Streets are flooded in Dexter, not as bad as other places, but like the ninety four corridor just got hit marred last night and even this morning. I was driving in and probably a good enjoy water on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any debris or anything from the storm, because I hear that in downtown and Arbor, literally right where the university is, that they've got a lot of down trees and there's issues with many of the buildings there too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I had to avoid certain streets. Most of my commute is highway, but I had to go through town, just the streets that I live on. There were branches down and stuff that I just didn't feel comfortable, you know, going through in the dark in the day. I probably could have avoided it. But yeah, those storms were no joke last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that. I appreciate you, buddy.
Speaker 2: We'll keep everybody informed on what's going on, and we have more storms by the way today they're saying later this afternoon, so be prepared for that