Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. So where were you when you got the call and what were the emotions?
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, I was at home with my girlfriend after the game last night. We were looking at the tails homer last night in social media, and it was curious because I talked to her like, well, look at that moffer over there. I wish I could be there like soon. And then when we went to bed to rest, like half hour after, I looked like, my phone is a light on when I look at it, Scott Hennessy calling to me last night, and I got the I got the promotion. It was super emotional. I went and grabbed my phone and called my family down there in Minnesota to let them know what's going on, because they were being expected for this like a long time ago, especially like all the difficults that we've been going through, especially with my family and my sister, my little sister after the earthquake stuff and all that. I got to my dad, I let him know that I was coming here. It was really really, really special.
Speaker 1: And Lizia, what is the status of your family? I know you're still looking for your stepmom and your sister what's the situation there?
Speaker 2: Still the same like stand by, you know, like we haven't found them yet. My dad found my sister mascot yesterday. She was alive, so that's a good good thing. So we were still expecting that to found them soon and hopefully they're they're alive because my sister, like three weeks ago, she she told me, like, brother, I have a beautiful dream with you. I'm not gonna tell you what was it because I want, I want, I want that dream to come through and then I will let you know what what is it? And now she's over there, I don't know. Hopefully I can, I can look at her again. I'm pretty sure the dream was something about this, about what's going on with me right now on my career, and I want her back that way she can watch me playing in the big leagues, because I'm pretty sure the dream that she was going to tell me about was something like this, about this.
Speaker 1: No doubt and the blessings will be there for you and your family for sure. Is it hard to keep your emotions focused on baseball with all.
Speaker 2: This last week? It was a little tough, but thankfully I got really good teammates. I feel like the organization was helping me a lot, from the bottom to the top and from top here to the bottom. They were always on my side. They're being supporting me a lot, texting me, asking about my family every day, taking care of me and my family, and I really appreciate that. That makes me feel a little more comfortable, like because I feel like this is my other family, you know, this is the people that I expend the most of the time all my life on the year. So having people like this is really important to me, and I feel that that makes everything feels a little better to me.
Speaker 1: And they put your locker right next to Chinon Venezuelan Miguel Rojas. How much having him next to you, how much does that mean?
Speaker 2: It makes a lot. He welcomed me during spring training. I had a visa issue. I got laid to the camp. First time with the team. I was like a little nervous getting laid to the camp because of the visa.
Speaker 1: He was there.
Speaker 2: He's been there from the first day that I signed with the Dyer, which is really good. He takes me early today when he saw that I was coming here. When he found out, he takes me like, hey, brother, I'm waiting for you here. I know it's a tough moment that what's going on with your family right now, but I'm really grateful to have you here. I'm really happy for you that you're you're you're making your dream come through. Hopefully you made the debut, so with us, it's really special. And having him with me is super special because he played with my dad at the end of his career and now I can play with him at at this point, so it may it means a lot to me, especially the time of person that he is who represent him for all the Venezuelan players, I'm not just a player, the human being that he is. You know that means a love for me, and I'm pretty sure for every every Venezuelan player and every Venezuela family that means a love for me.
Speaker 1: Well. I know a lot of people spoke highly of you and spring training. I know Miguel Roja thinks the world of you, and we're keeping your family in our prayers. But we're so happy that you're here. You definitely earned it. So congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much. I really appreciate you. I'm really excited about this opportunity that the team is given to me, and I'm gonna do my best to help the team to keep winning games and win another championship.