Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Monday, July twenty seven to twenty twenty six. Watch to get to today from big drama in the neighborhood to a woman is murdered after posting a viral video and how millions of people watch the Odyssey online for free, plus your cools, dispatches, emails, text, sand More Sea ladies here Hello, so are you? You can join us on the show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube man Twitch dot tv, Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling a writer to the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on a mondayday? Not?
Speaker 2: No, wow, shut this Monday down. Shut it down right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've started with that much doom and gloom ever in the history of the show.
Speaker 2: I just told Angel that if I had a different job, I would have left already.
Speaker 3: Today what the hell is happening? And I think you would have too. Are you serious? Okay, so you you usually start with at least like, oh no, it's not great, but you went straight into like you would like to leave the show right now.
Speaker 1: This is how bad.
Speaker 2: There were a different job, I would have said, you know, maybe tomorrow, maybe we'll try again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, can I stop and try to turn things around for you? Yes, barbecue Baby says nice shirt, Sea Lane, thank you? So like a little like a little bit with im.
Speaker 1: You can't see the back of it. Oh no, what's on the back of it? Is that part of the problem. What happened? What's going on?
Speaker 2: So? Uh, you know, on days like this where it's just you and me, sometimes I try to take care of some things before the show so I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off late to break stuff like that. Yeah, And so I went to the bathroom before the show, trying to you know, take care of that. Yeah, And the one that I usually use that it's clogged and somebody else has had their way with this bathroom.
Speaker 1: So I had to use one of the shorter ones, all right.
Speaker 2: And you know they have the little signs everywhere that says please, you know, flush the toilet often so it doesn't get clogged like the other one did. And I'm sitting on this really short little toilet and I flushed it, and water shot into the air like a fountain, all over my back, like a bidet, you know. It's shot like from behind me. Like as soon as as soon as the toilet flushed, I just felt water shooting at my back.
Speaker 1: And so I'm like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: And I stand up and I look, I turn around and it is shooting and there's a leak in the pipe that is like a fountain in the air let me aund cascading water.
Speaker 1: Ever, I don't know that you'll be able to see it with the thing, because yeah all the way, yeah, yeah, it's feces. It's clear. It could be to clean its water in the world, sean.
Speaker 2: But when a toilet just erupts all over you, that's a that's a sign to go, all right, maybe.
Speaker 3: Somebody somebody like Bart Simpson, you with a firecracker on the toilet before you, who.
Speaker 1: Would have done it one of the morning shows. I don't trust anybody right now. If you have to leave, you have to leave. Shun here. I'm here for the long run.
Speaker 2: But needless to say, I'm just I just sat in the booth very uncomfortable, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, just you know, a little extra love for Sea Led today might be nice. I don't have to dry off at work often. Fire says Sea Land had a poop shower. That's not a great way to start your day, So be gentle on him.
Speaker 2: I had a regular shower this morning, and now I need another one.
Speaker 1: Some other theories emerging.
Speaker 3: Ryan says, maybe the toilet was disgusted of what Sea Lan had just done to it.
Speaker 1: It would be there. That was not possible. It would have happened to me long long ago.
Speaker 3: All right, let's put her ears at the ground, our figures with the poles to see what's happened in this great, big wide world of ours that.
Speaker 1: We go to some neighbor drama.
Speaker 3: These folks filmed their nightmare neighbor and I don't even I can't even offer up an explanation of what's happening at this neighbor's house. But they had to film it because all day long their neighbor just makes these banging noises. Imagine living next to this person, shared living.
Speaker 1: At it's worse, that's the neighbor. What even does that? Is it an animal? Oh?
Speaker 3: It's shaking a little bit too, Because I also saw there was like a power chord on the ground shaking. The only thing I could think of. And this may be a really stupid answer, but is it possible.
Speaker 1: Maybe a neighbor here is a jump roper and they got they got a jump rope and they are.
Speaker 3: Doing it jump roping in their apartment or something, and that's causing it here.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I feel like I've been the bad neighbor like this before. Oh really, yeah, what was the source of the noise that you were making?
Speaker 2: Well, when I was, you know, in middle school in high school and I played percussion, I would I would practice on a pad.
Speaker 1: Oh that's annoying, but the pad.
Speaker 2: But the pad would be like on the side of the couch, and it would you know, like uh like hit the rumble, no, rumble down into the floor. And a couple of times I'd be practicing my my on my drum pad, I would hear like the guy that lives underneath me like smacking the ceiling with a broom.
Speaker 3: You know you should, she said, I'm so sorry. I will use a real drum instead. I will use an actual drum. Right now, I don't know what they're doing. I know what's happening. Somebody says, sex, what kind of that's.
Speaker 1: Maybe all day, all night long in their apartment.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have that kind of stamina still going.
Speaker 4: She can't even.
Speaker 1: Drop things in my own apartment and drop things as human.
Speaker 3: It's true, she's right about dropping things to see, but she can't even drop things in her own apartment without hearing all sorts of noises coming from the neighbors. I did stay at a place one time where it was like a really crappy apartment, and it was a three story apartment, and there was somebody on the floor above us in the unit above us, and the woman would wake up at like maybe five o'clock in the morning and put on high heels, and then she'd be scurrying around her apartment in the high heels, and.
Speaker 1: Said, you know, you'd hear like the sticks of the high heels walking around all over on top of you. Shared living.
Speaker 3: Not for me anymore, folks, You guys have probably been through this. You've probably had something way worse than.
Speaker 2: The apartment where I did the drum practice thing and I had to be like kind of told to shut up by my neighbor. Was the same apartment where some young girl on the other side of the wall. I assume just spent a whole day listening to Jeannie in the bottle over and over and over and over and over. I'm like, what the hell, man, Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I'll give you another example of this going on in just a second, some more neighborhood drama. But we have to stop to crown our victor for last week's rate, my blank. Oh yeah, And I just wanted to say it was such a great intrigue. It was absolutely my favorite one. We both agreed on this right off the jump man kicking the guy who drove tor in Iowa.
Speaker 1: It's such a funny picture to put a magnet or a magnet collection the news joking magnets on the biggest frying pan in the world.
Speaker 3: You are the winner of last week's rate, my blank. I'll tell you what this week's rate, my blank is.
Speaker 1: But here was weird spots were your magnets to be and I got it for you. I was largest frying pan, not even the world's largest. It was largest fry fan. It's large, though. If any of you are interested, I'm gonna be leaving one of the magnets on the handle and another magnet on the back side of frying fan. And he did great collection.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, what an amazing entrig You are a winner for rate my Blank. Go ahead and email me at tips at the Neewsjokie dot com man Kicking, and we'll get you all set up with some great prizes for your victory. But a new week means a new week of rate my blank entrees. And here's what I got.
Speaker 1: For you this week. See like, okay, it's going to make us feel good about ourselves. Okay, you guys got to deliver on this. No fake nonsense, nothing like that.
Speaker 3: These have got to be real. Here's what I want for this week. The rate my Blank contest that you could take part in and win, just like Mankicking did, is rate my Mess.
Speaker 1: And I want to.
Speaker 3: See if you're like if your bedroom is a disaster, if your office, if your workspace. I want to see the biggest messiest place.
Speaker 1: I like that you guys are occupying.
Speaker 2: I like the call to action here because you have to be a little self revealing if you have a really good mess, Like if you have a really good mess, I.
Speaker 3: Want to see some horder esque people here and I want to see just how bad it's gone. It's rate my mess for this week. So, however, you've got a situation set up, work whatever it is. What your car that can work too. If your car is filthy and just absolutely full of stuff, don't say no shaming.
Speaker 1: There's probably gonna be a little shaming.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a tiny, tiny bit of shaming, all right, how could they be.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a little bit of shaming here in the process. But rate my mess.
Speaker 3: Whether it's your filthy car, whether it's your filthy office, your room is disgusting, whatever it is, I want to see what you've got for us on this on this week, for rate myind blankets, rate my mess all week long.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think. All right, man?
Speaker 3: Do we have a million different things to get into. Let me move this over here. Speaking of millions, a million or more people possibly have to Two million people got to watch The Odyssey this weekend on uh well, on on quite a screen whichever one they wanted to really, because somebody leaked the entire movie over on x Twitter or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: But they posted that out there and people mind, like two million people watch this pirated.
Speaker 3: Copy of The Odyssey on X before it was knocked down in two and a half hours, which also sucks because doesn't that mean the people didn't really finish it if they got it down with it and mind they're like, you had to start it right.
Speaker 1: Away when it was leaked. You had to start. You had to hit play right the moment that piratedcopy hit x dot com to make sure you got to the end two and a half hours later when the account was suspended. I don't know where they got this. They said it was a really good quality, like HD level quality of the Odyssey, but it was out there. Some of you may have seen this.
Speaker 3: Let us know if you did over at the box office this weekend. Despite that, the Odyssey made another eighty seven million dollars, bringing the domestic total to two hundred and eighty six million, and international way beyond that, Moana number two with a ten million dollar weekend at the box office, Toy Story with another ten million dollars, and they're on with the rest minions and monsters in Haydestown.
Speaker 1: I still don't know anything about that.
Speaker 3: Hades Haes Town a Broadway musical.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why I don't know what it is. Is a Broadway thing? Yeah, it's like, is it like uh La La Land or something. They're singing along there, it would mean it's a musical. I don't remember La La Land.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I watched the whole thing, But Hades Town is the one that I went to see, uh last time we were in New York. I had never been to a real Broadway show, and so Ashley got us tickets to Hades Town and we went, uh into this theater and I sat down and it was the smallest seat in the world, and I felt felt really bad and uh like I was spilling over the seat into this like this gay couple next to us that did not want to be there.
Speaker 1: Sure like even the gay couple didn't want to be at this pleasant.
Speaker 2: They seem like they were having a little little domestic domestic argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something was there was trouble in Paradise. Well, Hades Town round I got the top five. There a couple of emails coming in real quick. Mark emails the show tips at thenewsjunkie dot com and he says, hey, so I know you're a family friend. Wait what And we must have run across each other at Happy Days or Spanky's Back of the Day for punk rock shows. I'm in Orlando for the weekend and we have hit all the Michelin star rated restaurants on Disney property. I was wondering what you considered to be high end or something you particularly like a lot that you could recommend me. I truly appreciate it, says Mark.
Speaker 3: He says, I'm friends with your uncle and your cousin, and then he tells me to text him or maybe Sea Lane has recommendations. I mean, we've done this a million times on the show. I will tell you if anybody is no matter where you're listening to the show, if you're coming into Orlando.
Speaker 1: What I got to do is I got to make a list.
Speaker 3: I got to make a list for us on the website week so we could just share this every time somebody asks, weird that.
Speaker 1: You have a list for New Orleans but not a list for Orlando.
Speaker 3: I know, because people ask me about New Orleans more strangely enough. But yeah, I'll work that up and the next time we'll we'll get to you. Oh God, I'm seeing some of these rate my mess dispatches coming in already. There's some good stuff already here. Tina emails the show. Hey, guys, I don't know if you remember when you had the story about the old woman in West Virginia and the new Taco bell I sent a dispatch about a new Rby's in the little town I was living in, also in West Virginia. Well, they had that steak and cheese last year when I went back to visit my dad. Needless to say, the guy in the video was spot on. I couldn't finish the first bite either. I would rather starve, says Tina. Was it really that bad? And the last one?
Speaker 1: For now? To get us kicked off? This is a humdinger here.
Speaker 3: Anonymous emails tips at the News Junkie dot com. Hi, junkies, please kick me Anonymous. After hearing you guys talk about crazy neighbors on last week's show, I figured i'd share my own experience. Maybe it's the spider curse, or maybe I just hit the jackpot when it comes to terrible neighbors. My next door neighbor was genuinely unstable. She lived alone in a three bedroom house with five cats and two dogs. The place was so bad that if she opened her front door. You can smell the cat you're in from.
Speaker 1: My front door.
Speaker 3: She had also been at least two car accidents, and her wreck car sat halfway in and halfway out of the garage with the windows down and the garage door opened for about three months.
Speaker 1: One day she told me she met.
Speaker 3: Somebody online in Hawaii and was selling everything to move there. I never asked about her personal life or tried to interact with her. She would just come over and talk to me. At one point, she asked if I wouldn't mow her lawn. I figured I was doing something nice, so I agreed to do it for forty five dollars.
Speaker 1: I mowed it, and then nothing. Two months went by without payment. Out of nowhere, she came over and handed my girlfriend ninety five dollars and said, this is for Davis mowing the lawn. Now he bucks the very next He also just made himself less anonymous by ohoa know it to me here.
Speaker 3: The very next day, a moving truck showed up and packed all of her belongings. The day after that, a junk removal crew came and cleaned out everything that was left.
Speaker 1: Then I met the new owner.
Speaker 3: I introduced myself and he told me the house had officially closed and the crazy lady was gone.
Speaker 1: For good, but not exactly.
Speaker 3: He said she started showing up every day to pick up her mail, which seems strange since she already sold the house. And this past weekend everything went off the rails. Sometime overnight she grabbed five courts of used motor oil that I kept besides my trash cans. She poured it all over the gas tank area of my work truck and then dumped the rest all over the driveway of the house we just sold. And he shows that like the driveway is a cover o gosh and motor oil from this crazy lady who ended up dropping it all over his driveway, and they said, we're talking thick black sludge everywhere. As if that wasn't enough, she took a screwdriver to the rear window trim on my girlfriend's vehicle and pried the molding off. By the time it was all over, she had caused more than three thousand, five hundred damage.
Speaker 1: I spent my entire weekend.
Speaker 3: Taking both vehicles apart, cleaning the oil off everything, and fixing what she destroyed. The only bright side is all my neighbors came together to help, and after tearing my truck apart to clean everything up, I gave it a much needed tune up.
Speaker 1: So I guess there's a silver lining. Wiggle wiggle pop pop.
Speaker 2: Jesus man, this is gonna sound like a dumb question, but I don't actually know the answer.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: When you say you gave your car a tune up, yeah, what did you do?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you are yeah serious. He gave his car tune up. He changed the spark plugs. Okay, he did an oil change. I've maybe maybe changed the distributor possibly and maybe did not a distributor. Yes, there is a distributor cap on the on the car. You changed that when you change the spark plugs. You have never been poor enough to have to do your own car work, huh.
Speaker 2: I have done my own car work. I've done plenty of car work, but I've never I've never been like, I just tuned it up, tuned up.
Speaker 3: Now you say I gave my car a tune up as totally normal, all right, No, I know that it's normal.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that. I think that's a fake thing to say. I just want to know what is in the tune up? I just oil change. I know that's.
Speaker 3: Plugs, oil change distributor cap air filters. Yeah, people are right. Air filters. Yeah, that's another one. It's another one.
Speaker 2: So basically all the stuff that they do or at least try to sell me on when I change my oil, that's.
Speaker 1: A tune up, all right, that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, every time they get to it that they bring out that filter when they go, oh, mister Lane.
Speaker 1: A quick break when we come back.
Speaker 3: Uh, there is something absolutely wild going on that could change the NFL season for all of you, all of you in a very big way. But it's not getting a lot of discussion yet. We'll get to that. We got another data center in the news. We got this woman in the viral video is killed by our Husband's a crazy story. A million more stories on the way. And what's going to be a fun show here for you on a Monday. It's all coming up next and the news junkie.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: One of the things from this weekend is seil I noticed with some of the Seattle stuff, but these Seilan goes. Did you see somebody base jumped off the space needle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, It was so weird about that text that I sent you. My phone auto corrected base to all caps.
Speaker 1: Oh did it? Yeah, because because it stands for something.
Speaker 2: It's like buildings. I don't know what it stands for, but yeah, base is one of those things that you know every letter means something. And I didn't know that my phone was just gonna automatically do all caps on the base jumping. But somebody like climbed over the glass at the Space Needle in Seattle and then parachuted off of it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: They just busted into it like a secured area where they weren't supposed to be in.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they were in the area where people go, like you you go to the Space Needle, they have they have a restaurant, a rotating restaurant up there.
Speaker 1: L looked like an elevator right to get up to the top of the thing. Takes about forty one seconds to get up that elevator.
Speaker 3: My only familiarity with the Space Needle, Believe in a Nazia Lane is from the latest Final Destination movie, which was based on that like rotating restaurant up there in one of the main.
Speaker 1: Parts of the movie.
Speaker 3: And so I think that was fairly accurate, and I have some idea what it's like up there. But they got out to someplace where they were able to just break free and hop right off there. And from what I saw, at least off the jump, the literal jump, they didn't catch them. I don't think weird. I don't know that they caught them. I think they just jumped off, parachuted down from the space needle, and then when they hit the ground, they just blasted off and hit into society with everybody else. Oh yeah, that was just one of one, many, many, many things that went down this weekend. So I wanted to share something else with you. And I'm sure Sila knows a bit about this.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 3: I was not really up on how big of a change this could possibly be until this weekend, until yesterday, in fact, and I know that it's a big boon to the bar industry when the NFL season comes around and this is the last week without any NFL games or content or whatever, and they're struggling.
Speaker 1: I mean, I watched this weekend again.
Speaker 3: ESPN had hatchet throwing or acts throwing or something. Then they had some lumberjack competition that I was watching that they're putting whatever they can. The O Show is in full effect, right, They're putting all of this stuff on ESPN because they got to get through this final week right now until it's like the NFL Hall of Fame game and then some preseason action and this. It's really good for the bars when the football games are on, correctly, it draws a ton of people into them.
Speaker 2: I have a friend that is, you know, spends most of his Sundays at the different bars watching the games. He's he participates in fantasy football, he does all the things, so he just Sunday's game day, goes and watches all the game. So typically now would be the time of the year where he would go out and have brunch with us for the last time before the NFL season would start. Because we couldn't get him to we couldn't get him to do it. We can't peel him away from the football games for like a for like a brunch kind of thing where there wouldn't be TVs. So this is right around the time, we're like, oh, guys, all right, it's it's Tim's last brunch, so let's let's all celebrate with Tim for the last time until the end of the football season.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Tim's out there, and the tims go, Hey, it's Sunday, let's watch football. They buy beers, they buy food. It's actually really good for the economy in many ways that people do this. But here's the kicker. There is a tiny, little impoverished struggling company at the center of all of this. A lot of people don't know about this, but I think you should. Legitimately, it's a tiny, little impoverished struggling company called the National Football League, Okay, And from what I can tell, they aren't making enough money already. So this is the year that they have decided to really put device on all the bars that want to show the NFL games. And if you're one of these tims who wants to go see the NFL games at your bar, get ready. It's gonna be a ghost town out there. Mark my words on this. All the bars are used to going to there will be some of them. They don't have any games on at all, all right, no games on, okay, because now they've pushed the NFL Sunday ticket for bars to this new service ever pass And the bar that I was at last night, I kid, you not. It's a small place. Okay, it's not a big bar at all. It's a small location. And as I'm sitting there and I go, oh, you guys must be excited. It's gonna bring in a lot of business when football season comes back.
Speaker 1: And they said, I don't think it's going to be that.
Speaker 3: Good this year because they're making us get this ever Pass service because the NFL wants to get more money out of the bars.
Speaker 1: And I said, well, how much is that?
Speaker 3: Like I know Sunday ticket costs a couple hundred bucks or whatever it is to get all the football games. They said, for this tiny bar to get the ever Pass service we all have, we have to get all this equipment. We have to like rewire every TV in the sports bar that we have to this ever Pass service that they have. And then here's the kicker. Because they wanted to get away from what they were using. They wanted to make more money off every bar in America that shows the NFL games, every bar in America that packs people in to watch the commercials that they already make insane amounts of mine money off and sell the broadcast rights to the networks to show and all that stuff. But as they pack, all these people in this little bar said it would cost them thirty thousand dollars, yeah, forever the season for the season, so they wouldn't be able to get the games this coming season. And they said, this is going to be true for a lot of places. They make you pay per sept and per television that you have. And I looked at that and I said, this is so greedy, so disgusting, so insane. There is no company that is more greedy and ridiculous than the National Football League. There is no company that throws its weight around more and bullies people more.
Speaker 1: There is no.
Speaker 3: Company more dedicated to like just all kinds of weird stuff right and taking advantage of its audience so much because they know there's no real competition out there. There is no other corporation more greedy in the United States of America than the National Football League. It's crazy, unbelievable. You're gonna go around all these little mom and pop bars that are actually the source of a lot of your viewership, probably the places where people who wouldn't otherwise in some cases watch those NFL games. They're watching it. They're becoming fans, They're converting people.
Speaker 1: Over one by one.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, one tiny little bar, you know people with big sports bars. Fifty sixty thousand dollars to be able to show NFL game.
Speaker 2: You said they charged per seit. What if I took out all the chairs.
Speaker 3: The only Indian style sports pub or like like it stand.
Speaker 2: Up bar, like we have a stand up bar, a standing room only, or we have those little those little sushi booths where you sit Indian style on the floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe it's my occupants. Yeah, this is a little barr. It's good, Johnny's just for those of you who are are local. It's not a big bar. And it would be thirty thousand dollars for them to broadcast these games to their audience. It wasn't enough that they were getting hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars from their biggest fans who wanted the Sunday ticket. It wasn't enough that they could sell the broadcast rights to every major corporation. It but just look at the ceiling NFL total revenue twenty twenty five. But let's see what they made is because whatever it was wasn't enough. They want every mom and pop bar, every alehouse, every corner bar in the country who might make a couple of dollars off one of the crowds that comes in from the local football team having a game, or you know, your favorite team having a game. They weren't making enough, so they they got to get all the quarters they can out of this.
Speaker 2: The NFL generated roughly roughly fourteen point five billion dollars in national revenue for the twenty twenty five season, which was a four eight percent increase from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not enough.
Speaker 3: That's clearly you've only that's they've got to get at least ten times that, right, they got to get at least ten times that.
Speaker 1: It's just so greedy and dumb.
Speaker 3: And then what happens is they end up going around just to make sure you're not getting it in some illicit way and publicly showcasing the content in a way you're not supposed to.
Speaker 1: And this is not pay per view.
Speaker 3: This is not like you're getting a bootleg stream to something you're not supposed to. This is the NFL games that people want to watch to begin with.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not a sports guy, and maybe I got this wrong, but I'm telling you one local bar thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's greedy. Do you know what they were paying before? I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, they were paying for the Sunday ticket satellite fee on like on DirecTV.
Speaker 2: Right then it's still like DirecTV for business, like the bars that show the Sunday ticket aren't paying the same amount you know for the Sunday ticket that you would at your house.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, this says NFL Sunday ticket has a new home. That here's what it means for your property. The NFL is one of the biggest drivers of guest traffick and engagement for casinos. It's like a casino website for many operators. Carrying every game isn't simply isn't an amenity, It's an expectation, that's true. Yeah, they expect all the games to be on. They expect them to be labeled like with little logos and stuff. That's what everybody wants. Now the experience depends on having the right games, they said.
Speaker 1: But now there's an operational shift.
Speaker 3: Now you have to stream with something called ever Pass through ever Pass Core, the management platform included with every NFL Sunday ticket subscription. You schedule specific games to specific screens or devices before the week even starts. Ever Pass Core. But but so they just talk about this and they talk it's unbelievably expensive, and yeah, it says number one sports league. You get a quote, so you fill out I'm looking at it right now. You fill out the number of locations, your zip code and your bar and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: And then the NFL calls.
Speaker 3: You back through ever Pass and they say, here's how much money you need to pay.
Speaker 1: You got to pay this exorbitant amount of money.
Speaker 2: Sunday ticket for casinos that has got to be that is a ridiculous amount of money, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, Like they're not getting enough money out of just everything else that they're doing. And the NFL doesn't even employ that many people in the grand scheme of things, right, Like the NFL, I don't know what their total employees are, but they don't even they don't even employ that many people. And they do this thing that Americans enjoy and then it drives traffic into the little restaurants and alehouses and bars. And I happen to think that's one of those things that's sort of good for our economy, but not anymore. I guess you might find that the place that you used to watch the NFL game has turned you around and said, we can't afford thirty grand, forty grand, fifty grand, or we'll have to fire one of our employees to fill up the gap in our budget to be able to put the football games on because the NFL needs more money.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you think about that. Send a dispatch over on theewsjunkie dot com quick Break when we come back.
Speaker 3: I've got an update on a story we talked about a couple of weeks ago that's definitely worth getting into. We'll talk about what happened in Seattle here we got this this woman who posted a video online and then ended up getting killed by her husband, and so much more on the way on the show today, and it's all coming up next on the News Junkie. Rate my blank for this week is rate my mess And there's already.
Speaker 2: There are some doozies in the dispatches right now, and they're the animals. And then one of you, you know who you are, uh huh, just a little bit of a bragger. Oh look at my messy garage. It's just pristine and empty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of these people, some of these people are they're overestimating their mess.
Speaker 1: I have to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: See, Like there's one here's one of the submissions that came in from who's you, and it's like that.
Speaker 1: I'll get around to cleaning it later. I've got a kid, And there's a couple of things here or there, but overall, you've got a real nice place here.
Speaker 3: It's very orderly. And I say, good for you. I'm talking about you people with Rate my Mess. The people should be kass, oh is this real? That's not real? Okay, it's a lazy boy with nine hundred and fifty six big gulps in front of it. And and some you know, this could be knowing him. It could be his real streaming setup, although I certainly hope not rate my mask. Somebody says this is our spare bedroom, storage room, and this is like, this is cluttered, is what I would say. And I knew a lot of people who did this, But being cluttered is not really what we're looking for now.
Speaker 1: It looks like organized chaos. It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything's in a nice box. Everything is really well taken care of. You got a lot of cool collectibles here. I see Star Wars stuff. It's all good. You can see these yourself over in the submitted dispatches section. And then look, Chopper Dave, Oh you son of a bitch. Okay, I just realized. I just realized. I was like, why, why, why is his garage so pristine? This is literally the studio. This is before anything was done.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about this over the weekend. This is literally really what the studio used to look like before anything was done to it, back where there was like garage doors and all sorts of stuff. Let's see my horrible office that gives my coworkers anxiety.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna get a little tour here. I'll get to the next story in just second. But here, let's see. This is your office. Okay, it's a little cluttered. Oh post it notes, Yeah, there's there's the leg there's a hoarder mentality going on here, but it's not that bad. It's a little overwhelming, and there there's posted notes on everything, which I bet, please tell me this isn't true, but I bet contain passwords to stuff like that's my guess on what we're looking at here, Like my very secure password to my email is right.
Speaker 2: Usually if you put a password on a posted note, you at least put that one inside a drawer.
Speaker 1: That would hope. So but that yes, that's not too bad. Is uh?
Speaker 3: There's some worst ones coming in and found this mess upon inspecting water damage in our house. Come on, I know what's happening here. This is not for jokes. I see that there's a sex toy in the corner. I understand what you're doing. All right, that's not the mess we're looking for. I don't know why you have a sex toy on the floor of your house. It's filthy, but we do want to see your message. So for rate my blank this week, it's rate my mess.
Speaker 1: Give us a.
Speaker 3: Picture of your office, your house, whatever it is, and we want to see what it looks like. And because your place is messy, you could get yourself a big prize on the show. So that's what our competition is this week. I ask you this, folks, let us know etiquette wise, is this acceptable?
Speaker 1: Because this is going pretty viral.
Speaker 3: As we get ready to welcome in Amy Kaufel on the show, somebody posted this on our slash mildly infuriating and has sixty seven thousand up votes, and it says this guy stood outside the stall door like this for the duration of my use in the bathroom. And it shows somebody at the bathroom stall and buddy, what are you doing? You're waiting there at the door, And I ask of you, is this not appropriate? Are you not allowed to wait for the bathroom stall to.
Speaker 2: Be just a little close? Well, where are you supposed to go? It's a bathroom, I don't know, Leave and come back.
Speaker 3: No, then if you leave and come back, somebody else scoots in and then they go into the bathroom. You don't just stand in front of the door. No vote on this for us, folks. Is it acceptable if the public bathroom, your work bathroom, whatever, if the stalls are full, is it acceptable to stand in front of the stall.
Speaker 2: It in front of an elevator, like right at the doorway where nobody could possibly get out before you try to mosey your way on in.
Speaker 1: Well, when you hear the flush, you step back, you get back out of the way.
Speaker 2: I don't want you listening to my.
Speaker 1: My process here. Well, I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I need to make sure that I'm getting in there as soon as it's available.
Speaker 1: I think this is fine.
Speaker 2: The fault the flush might be uh, you know, a false false flag. You know, there might have to be a couple of flushes. You've done this before, huh.
Speaker 3: This morning, I will say, just thank yourself because this may well be a handicap stall.
Speaker 1: That those aren't wheels that you're seeing waiting out there.
Speaker 3: That's the no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, that's the no moment.
Speaker 3: If you if you're sitting in the handicapstall and the wheels roll up and you go, oh God.
Speaker 2: If that person was standing outside the stall that I was in this morning, they would have heard me reacting very profanely to the plumbing disaster that was our fourth floor men's bathroom today.
Speaker 3: You would have you would be upset though, if somebody was outside your stall, I.
Speaker 2: Would find it annoying. I would find it, yes, because I'm not trying to be rushed here.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: This is why the only thing that the United Kingdom the UK is superior at uh when it comes to competition with the United States of America is public stalls, generally speaking, in England go all the way.
Speaker 1: To the ground to offer a larger bit of privacy.
Speaker 3: Now, maybe they have less junkies and hobos and weirdos and people who just disoye. That seems like very old construction because they Yeah, some of the places in our downtown area have bathrooms that have like fully closable doors, ceiling to floor doors that you offer a lot of privacy. But they decided that the it's a little too much privacy for some people.
Speaker 1: Then they get in there, they start having sex in the bathroom. Is do that you not me? For God's sake, it's not my bag. But is that okay?
Speaker 3: Is it okay to stand in front of the bathroom stall door waiting for it to be unoccupied? Let us know what you thinks in a dispatch at the newsjunki dot com or an email. I messaged a friend of ours who owns a place where they show.
Speaker 1: The NFL on Nobody will ever know, nobody will ever know.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell them who it was. I'm not going to tell We'll call them Cram. All right, that's what we're going to call this person. Cram emailed or texted after I said, Hey, you know, what's this whole NFL switch up going to cost? Where they try to make you go over onto this ever stream thing and uh, and it's at expensive cramovac. So Cram texts back and says, it's going to cost six thousand, three hundred dollars just for the boxes and equipment. Then installation is about four thousand dollars. So we're at ten thousand, three hundred dollars just on the equipment and then roughly twelve thousand dollars for the year subscription.
Speaker 1: And I still won't get every game.
Speaker 2: I hope for Cram's sake that this uh, this company has a like a contract with the NFL that's going to last a few seasons because they.
Speaker 1: Change their mind on some of these things. The direct tav you know, is is it going to be direct?
Speaker 2: And now you're having to buy ten thousand dollars worth of equipment and install to get new things for this service that you don't even know in five years are they still going to be the ones carrying the games?
Speaker 1: Are they going to back to direct TV?
Speaker 3: Well, not just that, think about this culion to think about your neighborhood and your neighborhood sports bars, your neighborhood restaurants that show the game and benefit from this and hire people and stuff. Think about that and then slowly zoom out Google map style, right, and then every neighborhood, the whole country.
Speaker 1: Every single bar.
Speaker 3: This is another bar that's saying like twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I told you the.
Speaker 3: Bar that I talked to last night said it was going to cost some thirty thousand dollars to show NFL games this season. That's crazy. That's every little bar in the country that has to pay up to the NFL in those greedy bastards, or not show the game and risk losing customers because the customers demanded and the NFL knows it. And the NFL has become the ticket master of the sports world. Right, they're the ticketmaster in the sports world. But nobody will openly hate on the NFL. Yet for some reason, like these people are as greedy and gross as it gets, they're so hateable. I don't understand why more people don't openly hate them to pressure them into not doing stuff like this.
Speaker 2: They look the other way with the NFL for whatever reason. Like we we read what the agreement is to have the Super Bowl in your in your city. The NFL wants like all these accommodations this all this money and they don't pay taxes on it.
Speaker 1: I don't have to pay taxes on it if it's inane.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, why are we not giving them hate for this? This is like you could watch the football games and stuff, but just start openly hating the NFL on all the social media platforms when the NFL posts something to say greedy, you know, like, just go after them endlessly. Roblow burn that hat. Yeah, burn the NFL hat. I'll burn mine. I'll burn my NFL logo hat as well. It's a little too tight from my head. Anyhow, Okay, quick break. When we come back, I have so much more that we have to start working in. We got your your rate. My mess entries will work through on the show today and also when we come back. Our friend, the very talented Amy Coffelt, she's coming up next on the news Junkie Sea Lings having a day. Somebody said Steeling's having a day. And now we minor technical things.
Speaker 1: But I think we're good. We got our friend Amy Kawfelt.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, happy Monday.
Speaker 5: It's just to have all the Monday feels, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, we're good. We can hear you really well, We'll try to talk loud so you can hear us.
Speaker 5: I think you're you Now you sound good, Sean. I feel like you have to like overproject.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm being too loud now, should be quiet further away?
Speaker 4: You sound great.
Speaker 1: What's the ideal spot for me to be right? This is good.
Speaker 5: This reminds me of the skit was it Grover on Sesame Street where he was like remember he was like Neror and he would run like remember to the front of the camera.
Speaker 4: He'd be like Nerror and then he would run.
Speaker 1: Back and he goes far. No, I did not remember that.
Speaker 4: I clip later.
Speaker 1: Okay, please, yeah, I've been I've been waiting for that, Thank god. Amy Kaufel joined us. Aby.
Speaker 3: Lots of stuff happening out there in the world. Hey, have you seen the Odyssey yet?
Speaker 1: Did you see it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: We were talking about it this morning about like how huge this is, and you know, I think it's interesting that the film, when these films that are based on things that happen in history are are big things like Titanic, things like remember Lincoln that was really.
Speaker 4: Popular out I don't know that.
Speaker 5: It sort of gives me like faith in society that we haven't completely lost our connection to like the things that matter.
Speaker 4: So I haven't seen it yet, though I do want to go see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think we're going to try to see it this weekend. I know it leaked online this weekend and so like two million people watched it on Twitter or whatever for a little while. But it's still making a ton of money out there. A lot of people that I've heard from that have seen it said it was very, very very good and they enjoyed it. So I'm interested. My interest has peaked at the very least. How is your weekend?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: It would not be a good movie to watch on a Twitter feed. No, it's too like in order to right, it's like huge. It's like you want to see it on a big screen.
Speaker 3: You want to see it on the literal opposite of that. You want to see it on one of those big, massive Imax screens. And what are the ones where they send that actual video like the film out to and the film I think they're like four hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: It's something ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like it's this huge like turntable film thing that they send. It's like four hundred pounds like six feet tall when you stand it up and man, it's crazy crazy.
Speaker 1: But anyhow, what what happened for your weekend? Anything exciting going down?
Speaker 4: It was pretty sure.
Speaker 1: No, we we went out.
Speaker 5: We had some good Italian We went to No No's and Altamont on Saturday.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. Have you guys eating there? It's so good.
Speaker 1: I have not none. So yeah, that's way outside of Sean's bubble. That's way outside of the areas that Sean would go to.
Speaker 3: You have a bubble. Altamont is not in your bubble? Ami Koffer. Before we get into the news, can I ask you a question here? Just shoot me straight. We're arguing over something today. Then this person posted a photo online that's going viral and they're in the They're in the restroom stall.
Speaker 1: Let's show it to her. Here's Sea Lane.
Speaker 3: They're in the restroom stall and they said somebody waited out in front of the restroom stall door the entire time they were going to the bathroom because they were next.
Speaker 1: Look at that face, don't she disagrees?
Speaker 3: Sea Lane said that was wrong, and I said, well, where do you expect them to wait? The bathroom is like with else well, they have to go to the bathroom too, though, so you think this is wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too close. That's I feel like that's in free.
Speaker 5: It's already left hard enough to go to the restroom in a public restroom when you know there's people around who can hear and listen to what you're doing, and yes, yeah, but then to have someone standing that close and know that they're probably looking through the crack like you know what I mean, did you can see the crack right above the foot, Yeah, Like that's invasive.
Speaker 1: The only thing about this that I will take issue with.
Speaker 3: I think it's fine to wait there myself personally, I'm like, it's fine to wait in front of the bathroom stall door because you're waiting for it.
Speaker 1: But Amy disagrees. What I don't. What I don't agree with is he shouldn't be pointed toward the door.
Speaker 4: Oh, if they're back the door, you'd be okay, like yeah.
Speaker 1: Angle away.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be just like standing there like open, open, waiting outside the bathroom door.
Speaker 1: That part is that part is a little weird, but like you go wait out the male female thing.
Speaker 5: I feel like if you were to ask Courtney, she would say that this is not okay in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: She has gone to some bootleg ass bathrooms.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm talking about like French Quarter, New Orleans, Like, oh my god, you're going to actually use this bathroom.
Speaker 1: She ladies somehow make things happen.
Speaker 3: She'll go in and she'll be like, that bathroom was disgusting, and I'll go, oh, do you want to go home or something.
Speaker 1: I should go, no, I didn't touch anything. And I'll say you didn't touch anything. She'd go, Yeah, ladies know how to go and not touch anything in the whole bathroom.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 4: So what is she She's speaking the truth? Shawn, That's actually very true.
Speaker 3: I said, all right, I didn't know. I mean, that can't happen for me. And I want to tell you, I don't know. You have to touch things.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to write when you sit down on the toilet, you're not hovering like, oh no, these women have leg muscles from somewhere else, another planet or something. I can't pull that off.
Speaker 3: But I do want to tell you before we get into what's happened in the news, that with the bathroom talk happening right now.
Speaker 1: You should know that Sea Lane is covered in toilet water right now. Just I don't know if that happens.
Speaker 2: We have a there's a plumbing incident at h Q here that gave me a second shower for the day, like like burst.
Speaker 1: Like a fountain.
Speaker 4: The toilet.
Speaker 1: Y Yeah, yeah, yeah, she looks horrified. I said before.
Speaker 2: It was when I flushed, but in the moment, but it was coming from the pipes, so it's not like it's carrying anything with to my knowledge. But the worst part was it was just like now I'm just uncomfortable. And I told Sean, I was like, if I had any other job, if I had just a regular sit at a desk and do desk work job, I would have stood up and I would have and maybe maybe we'll try again tomorrow. Guys, today's not it. It's not today.
Speaker 4: You are having a bad day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I thought he was gonna say, he goes, he goes, I got stuff all over the back of me. I thought he was gonna say, like he was getting Jackson ready, and maybe Jackson was on his shoulder, like you know, you put the baby on your shoulder, and maybe he didn't realize that Jackson puked down his back.
Speaker 1: Or something. But thank god, it wasn't that. Yeah, much worse, much worse, though.
Speaker 5: I don't like the auto flush toilets because I do feel like they have a propensity for like flushing when you're not done right. Yeah, sometimes the force of the flush is so powerful that that can happen to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, wait till it shoots a stream of water at your back. Oh, let's get away from this, Let's get we can't do this.
Speaker 3: We've not We've never had Amy on her look so horrified so many times during they just got cars.
Speaker 1: Talented news lady is with us here.
Speaker 3: What what what grabs you attention to the headlines today as you walked into the news room.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, Well, we're a couple of things that were following up on today. I don't know if you guys heard about this story that is out of the villages and this is a guy who apparently was on a website.
Speaker 4: You know, we're a hook up website called Tinder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that he was having a conversation with a woman and the lead line of his conversation was looking for a sugar baby.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you guys talked about this?
Speaker 3: We we mentioned this before, but like we when we talked about it, I it seemed like the guy was like trying to run these people down with his vehicle or something.
Speaker 1: Right, was that what happened in the story?
Speaker 5: Yes, So they apparently had been communicating and talking for a couple about it says about a week or so. And then it says that he reportedly told her I'll give you one thousand dollars for each visit dinner, and I love to shop for you.
Speaker 4: So he finally goes out on the.
Speaker 5: Date with him, and then they got back to his place, and that's when she said she felt uncomfortable, right, so she called her friends, and her friends came over and there were three friends in this vehicle, including a mail and so I don't know, I'm not exactly sure if money exchanged hands, and maybe oh wait, because she's okay, it says, yeah, you're right, O'Brien gave the woman two hundred dollars, took her to a lingerie store where she bought three items, and then he gave her another six hundred dollars for dinner. So then when she went back to the house. So yeah, so money had already exchanged hands at that point.
Speaker 2: Then he tried to get his money back when Yeah, and she the way that the story read when I saw it was hilarious. It was like she denied his refund request and his refund.
Speaker 3: Request like she's a like an actual shopping outlet or something. Yeah, I mean, I guess at the end of it, he got really really upset and then started raging like an absolute lunatic at the at the sugar Baby Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, according to police, chased after them and then I guess rammed the vehicle and then the vehicle I guess.
Speaker 4: Hit a pole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's when that's when a police say he walked over with a gun and threatened the group. So not a good situation. Apparently three of them got away, but there was a fourth victim. It was a guy who got on the ground, and I guess he threatened to kill the guy and then that's when deputy showed up and h were able to arrest him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, also, I'm surprised that this wasn't true love, considering David O'Brien is sixty seven years old and Mariah Turback was twenty one, I'm I just blown away that it wasn't a real love connection.
Speaker 1: But it appears that something fell short there with this guy.
Speaker 4: But maybe we.
Speaker 1: Should stop doing action.
Speaker 2: We should stop doing the sugar baby thing, the sugar sugar baby su sugar doaddy thing. I mean, if you got the money that you just want to pay women to be around you, and there's there's no you know, there's nothing physical about the relationship. The entire relationship is you just paying money for attention and companionship. Maybe find a charity or something.
Speaker 1: Well, what if they're all into this?
Speaker 3: Is there an equivalent of sugar babies that's young men?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing?
Speaker 8: Or no?
Speaker 4: Oh, like the opposite?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like an.
Speaker 3: Older established a classy older lady, but she wants some companionship for like a twenty one year old man and he's the sugar baby.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that happens that way, but sure it does.
Speaker 4: I mean, you hear about these like Cabana Boy or like like those kind of like weird like you know, I mean, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I whenever I look at it, I have a very simple take on this. I always think, what is this sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Year old man going to talk to a twenty one year old woman about like this is this is always in my mind.
Speaker 3: We were not that long ago for the conversation. It's true, we were not that long ago. Mayby, we're in line for a ride at Epcot. We were in line for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, and these the young girls in front of us might have been like eighteen nineteen, right around the are you know, in that range. There's three of them, and they asked a question to the guy next to us, and then the guy was like so excited that these young girls were talking to him, he would not shut up.
Speaker 1: When they asked me a.
Speaker 3: Question, I answer in as few words as possible, and then I leave them alone to go back to being eighteen and nineteen year old girls.
Speaker 1: You know why, because they don't want to talk to me, all right. I fully understand that.
Speaker 5: Like you're like, you're of sound mind to realize, like, these girls aren't interested in me.
Speaker 4: Were you with Courtney or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: She was with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Well then they really realized they were they Yeah, it wasn't going to be there.
Speaker 3: I mean, thank god, if she with me, I probably wouldn't even communicate. I would just pretend like I was mute in that moment. I just be like, do something like that, anything else grabbing your attention out there.
Speaker 4: Well, we had a shark bite over the weekend.
Speaker 5: So for those of you who are familiar with newsmort Of Beach, it is the shark bite capital of the world. More shark fights happened there than anywhere else. This was a guy from Georgia. He was your on vacation. He was actually only in waste deep water and he was out there with his fiance, who was pregnant by the way, and so he said.
Speaker 4: He felt something.
Speaker 5: He said he believed that the waves pushed the shark in, but anyway, so he said he felt something. Then he felt something chomped down on him, and so he said he pushed his fiance like out of the way, like you get out of the water now. And then he didn't realize how bad it was until he got out of the water and realized like, oh no, this is pretty serious. So ended up in the hospital, ended up keeping him overnight. I'm not sure it didn't look like the pictures that we saw of the actual bite didn't look too significant, but I'm sure there's always a big concern about you know, infection or you know, right, you don't want to have.
Speaker 1: Oh you got to be careful that.
Speaker 2: Oh there's instantly salt water in there, which it sounds like the worst thing ever.
Speaker 1: God almighty, yeah, I mean hurt. I think of this meme.
Speaker 3: I actually saw this this morning about this where like, let's say Courtney and I are in the ocean at the beach together and the shark comes along and bites my foot.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't know what's going on, right, she just knows that I shove her and I go get out of the water.
Speaker 3: I think Courtney, instead of just getting out of the water, is going to be like, why am I supposed to.
Speaker 1: Get out of the water. Why are you telling me to get out of the water right now? What is the thing?
Speaker 3: Like, Sean, what are you doing? Why don't you get out of the water? Like I always wanted that. It's this is a meme about relationships. Like if you were driving along Amy, you and your husband, you're you're next to your car, you and your husband are and some danger comes up, some dangerous thing, and you say, get in the car. Do you think he would immediately get in the car and then figure it out later. Or do you think he would question, why do I need to get into the car right now?
Speaker 1: I think you would question, See, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Courtney would do it too. Yeah, I'd be like and then and then I'm by the time I describe it.
Speaker 1: The nefarious gunman or whatever the problem was, or the shark you know, has done damage to all of us because people don't don't listen. That's the problem. That's what happened.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the viral video of the girl who's like sitting on the bench and the lady is filming a bear that's like the bear is like literally walking up.
Speaker 4: Behind the lady on the bench. Have you seen this?
Speaker 5: No, the lady who's filming it was like, hey, just I don't know if you know, because the bear behind.
Speaker 1: You, ma'am, ma'am, ma'am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like nobody's just like no, she didn't see the bear coming her.
Speaker 3: Factors, Like there's a major problem with this. I also saw you probably saw the story about in Seattle where there was this shooting over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Right, So everybody in Seattle was at this this this food event, food like a food festival, and so many people just start running, and when people all start running in one direction, most of us with brains go, okay, that's an indicator.
Speaker 3: I should also probably back away and run away too. But there's always people who said, what's going on? They start running into it.
Speaker 2: Oh No. In high school, if we saw everybody running in the same direction, our initial instinct would not be that there is danger that they're running away from. We thought that there was a fight happening and everybody was running to go watch it. So if you saw people running in the you you started running in that direction too, because you wanted to see the fight. You want to see the blows. Yeah, this is what happens. The communication is bad.
Speaker 3: So if there's ever a shark attack, I'm probably done for Courtney's gonna sit there and be like, what's going on? Somebody said just add shark to the end of the sentence. I don't even know if that would change anything. I think she would still be like, come on, Sean, you always you're always screwing around with me. Now you're screwing around about this too, for God's sake.
Speaker 5: Other viral video that went went crazy last week with the four guys in the water and the dolphin was swimming through.
Speaker 4: He did you guys see that?
Speaker 1: No, what's going on with your video?
Speaker 4: Fees? Are you guys on?
Speaker 1: Do you want to know?
Speaker 4: They're all drinking They're all drinking beer.
Speaker 5: And so you know how guys do when they're in the in the water and they like hold their cups up, won't get into their cup of beer. Well, one of them spots what he thought was a shark was a dolphin.
Speaker 1: Really he got scared of the dolphin freaking out.
Speaker 5: And so they're like they're trying to run with their beer cups up in the air so that they don't spill a drop of their beer.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I don't think any of them spilled any for.
Speaker 1: She got that wholesome Algorithmlan and I have like toilets exploding, fights and fast food establishments. We've got like people getting murdered. And then Amy's like.
Speaker 4: Oh theo good, oh, I've seen that video, the one on the dock which the murder? Have you seen that one? No, I'm gonna start sending you my feed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, so your feet is your feet is a dolphin? And some guys drinking their beers and then a murder doc Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 4: Send you that one. It could be very busy sending you guys link.
Speaker 1: I'll send you back the stuff in my feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll send you back the stuff in my feet on my algorithm, and very quickly I'll get blocked. That's that's how this will go, all right, Amy Kaffel, you're the best of the best. We love you, we appreciate you, We hope you have a fantastic week, and thank you everybody.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it. For the talented Amy cough out there.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're following her on all social media platforms to We want to make sure that you're following Amy Kaufelt on all social media platforms. Search for Amy Kaffelt wherever you are, Instagram, Facebook, all of those good things. More importantly, if you're here locally in our home market, Orlando, make sure you're watching Good Day Orlando. You're watching alrighty, I'm sure, But if you're not, tune in with Amy Kaufelt and the crew over there and follow Fox thirty five Orlando on all social media platforms as well.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you next week. Amy.
Speaker 4: There, she goes, I guys love you. I'm looking up the videos right now.
Speaker 1: I got to okay, all right.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This doc murder video is gonna be a wild one, all right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll get to something went down at Disney this weekend that had people talking. We have to talk about that. The woman who made a viral video and then got killed by her husband, and the story behind that is crazy as well. There's just a lot to get into on a Monday, and it's coming up next. I'm going to use Chunkie. Amy Kay was right. I had seen this video. Did you see the video she was talking about?
Speaker 1: Ceiling? I haven't looked at it yet. Oh man, this this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Actually, the video that she was talking about was something I saw over the weekend and people were saying, I can't believe this guy got charged with the murder and got convicted. And his name is Kamal Padlowski, fifty two years old, and they now have found him a jury has a guilty of second degree murder for the twenty twenty four killing of this man named Melvin Jiminez. Prosecutor said Padlowski knocked Jiminez unconscious Jimnez unconscious during an altercation before throwing him off the dock. He now faces life in prison. And the security footage shows this guy on the dock.
Speaker 1: The other guy comes up to him, pushes him over right, and then the guy dumps him geez, right in the in the water, right in the ocean. I'm guessing off the dock. He doesn't hesitate, even in the slightest by the way, so he just goes right up to this guy's face and then ko's this guy knocks him out, and then when he falls out, you know, and I think he might have been drunk to begin with, because he was kind of stumbling and he hits him, knocks him out, and then when he's knocked unconscious, he without missing a beat, throws him into the ocean. That's that's murder, you know. Yeah, that's what they said.
Speaker 3: The jury agreed that that was murdering this person. He had every chance to stop after the victim was knocked unconscious. Instead he kept going, says the officer Tatum, who posted this originally.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I had seen that as well. It's an interesting case for sure. All right, we want to get to you lots of folks who are joining him with emails, sending those over at the news junkie dot Com. Oh, did I screw something up? Somebody says, Big John says sub junkies misinformation about Imax. Those four hundred pound movie reels in Imax format are only for the real, true eye Imax theaters, which there are only two of in the state of Florida. Most people don't know that these other Imax theaters aren't the true Imax experience. From what I know about this, which isn't that much.
Speaker 3: There is like twenty or so actual film based Imax theaters in the United States somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: They might be low.
Speaker 3: And then the rest of the Imax theaters are showing Imax digital copies, and the Imax digital copies are like a bit different in some way, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, somehow inferior to the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a film snob, you want exactly this one particular version of it.
Speaker 2: I've heard of a lot of the people that are big on the IMAX copy of this movie. But a lot of people also are really into the just the seventy milimeter So they say that the not only is the screen large and very detailed, but the sound on the seventy milimeters print is supposed to be outrageously good.
Speaker 3: It's cool, but you have to realize when you're getting a bigger screen and you're seeing more, you're seeing more of the top and the bottom, and they're never going to put anything that's in the top and the bottom in the movie, so that like it wouldn't make sense for everybody else watching the movie. You know, like if there's a key piece of information, they're not going to put it in this area of the frame.
Speaker 1: You're just seeing a little bit, like a little more on top and a little bit more on the bottom. It's worth it for some people.
Speaker 3: They pay a lot for this, Travis says the tips of the news Junkie dot Com. I agree one hundred percent with Sea l A and we need to cancel this Monday.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I had an awful night of the worst night Terrace since my dad passed almost four years ago. I woke up late, my truck was almost out of gas. I was late for working. Now I'm on the side of I ninety five and my broken down work truck fMLF this Monday.
Speaker 2: He's with you on that one, Okay. I tried to take a video of the offending toilet. Yeah, just to show you and so I'm not crazy. And it got a little crazy. It didn't do the thing. It's still like water is still leaking up, but it didn't shoot up in the air like it did for me. And now I unless somebody has fixed it, because I emailed somebody in the building about this and I was like, listen, this is happening, and I got an auto reply that was like, I'm out till Thursday.
Speaker 1: And I was like, so, I don't know if the message was.
Speaker 2: Ever delivered or is something weird with it now where it's not shooting in the air. And now I seem like I'm like crying wolf on this this toilet problem. Well, go in there and make sure it does it again so they know you're not lying. You got to get in there and run a number on that thing so it splashes number one, number two.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you know.
Speaker 3: Anonymous says a question regarding the rate my blank for this week, which is rate my mess. We want to see all week long, send your photos in as photo dispatches on the news Junkie dot count, and we'll judge who has the biggest mess. Your house can be like quarter house style. It could be a room, it could be your car full of trash from fast food stuff. We want to see your mess for a rate my mess this week, Anonymous says. I know it's probably semantic, but I work on a landfill. Do I have the ultimate mess? Because it's everybody's trash in one location and it is definitely a mess, says Anonymous.
Speaker 1: No that does not count. No, that does not.
Speaker 3: Country Space Coast native says this same crap with the Sunday Ticket happened last year when Direct TV lost the rights to the Sunday Ticket and it went to YouTube TV. The businesses we're gonna have to switch companies in about a month before the season started, they came out and said the businesses would still be able to use the equipment they had before this exact reason, for this exact reason. I don't think that they're going to do that this time, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and a lot of them are being not only do they have to get the equipment that's provided by what's it called ever Pass ever Pass ever Pass, So they have to get the ever Pass equipment or there's a there's another box that's compatible with ever Pass, but they're also having some of these bars to upgrade to like extra high speed Internet, like to get like ten gig Internet or something put in because some of these bars their current bandwidth doesn't allow for streaming so many games at once, and.
Speaker 1: So they like so the quality wouldn't be as high.
Speaker 2: Not only are these bars having to pay thousands of dollars to install this new ever pass gear that will will this company continue to sell the Sunday ticket for long enough to make that worth it?
Speaker 1: Question mark?
Speaker 2: But they also have to upgrade their internet and upgrade their their internet like infrastructure. You'd get new network switches in and stuff because the old ones weren't made to use ten g So it's like it's a huge expense.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a big problem as football season comes around. I think a lot of the bars that you used to watching NFL games that aren't going to be able to have them for this exact reason we're talking about there making them pay tens of thousands of dollars this year. Somebody says, I want to be anonymous, but this is my rate, my mess, Holy god, are you are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Take a look? Is there anything identifying in this?
Speaker 8: Nah?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: They said we could show the video. How do you work in this environment. How do you this is like just stuff everywhere. This is definitely messy. I'm not gonna lie to you. A contender, Yeah, we can't. We can't award an anonymous prize though.
Speaker 1: No, that's true. We need to to be on the record and other people can't see this one so that you know that doesn't doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Do you have a whole tub full of corks? That's what it does, the tub that says corks on it here. So this particular person anonymous, this is good. You could have been at the at the forefront of the rate my mess. But I you know, I don't know. I don't know what to tell you. Unfortunately, I think you're out of contention because it's not sent as a dispatch and it's anonymou this. But all right, boy, there's so many of those coming in. We appreciate you sending them over. I want to get to more of your feedback than your dispatches.
Speaker 1: I did see this.
Speaker 3: Let me see if I could bring this up because I wanted to see what people thought about this. Disney is in the center of a heated debate online because a group of women went to Disney World and decided to hold their Bible study there.
Speaker 1: And I'm watching this, I guess this is is this the video? Let me refresh this and okay, it says Bible study at Hollywood Studios and it's got this woman who's a Disney adult or whatever.
Speaker 9: In Hollywood Studios? Is this for the girlies who loved Jesus and also Disney? This week, we had a guest speaker and went through Philippians four, six through eight. Then after the message, we broke into small groups and we went over some group questions. The studies topic was about joy. Y'all opened up and shared things that can steal our joy? Also, how was one way we could choose a joy this week? It's amazing this thinks God is doing in the Disney community. Even got to stop by a girl and she gave us a rhinestone Jesus, Wait you, Elizabeth?
Speaker 1: Is it every month thirty.
Speaker 9: Minutes in group time and then we go enjoy some Disney magic.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's here's the idea. The idea is that they went to this park, you know, Hollywood Studios, and then they had their Bible study there, which when I look at this, I go nothing against your religion. Nothing against your your church or anything like that, but this is a theme park. You can't just throw an event there, just like a random event you have. You had a guest speaker and you guys all there.
Speaker 1: It shows them. I'm watching here.
Speaker 3: They're taking up this entire section of the theme park and they're all doing their Bible study together, and they got, like, you know, a guest speaker, and they're all like standing up and speaking and doing their thing. It seems to me like you've hijacked the theme park for your event, which I don't know that you're supposed to do that. You know, Like, would people feel the same way if it was a different religion. Well, I don't know that they would, Or I would say, think about it this way. What if a politician was like, we're going to have a political rally at at Disney, and we're gonna in Hollywood studios in the same area we're gonna and I'll just stand up and be hey, everybody, here's what my campaign's all about. Well, at the very least, I think that the thing that Disney would have an issue with is they would want money for that. You know, probably, you know, if you want to rent out the space, rent out the space. But you can't just you know, throw like a like a bootleg kind of event without any sort of permission.
Speaker 1: It seems a little weird.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of when we tried we tried to go somewhere for somebody's birthday.
Speaker 1: We were at a skating rink.
Speaker 2: We went to a skating rink for somebody's birthday and somebody started putting up decorations and the skating rink was like, uh uh, you did not reserve this place for a birthday party. You got to put those decorations away. I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you just can't throw an impromptu event at a theme park? Can you let us know what you think? But I mean that's what they did.
Speaker 3: They threw this Bible study there, and like somebody says, can't you do this at church? Well, why are you guys obsessed with shoving this in our face? Disneylank generally cannot shut down a passive or stationary religious group or Bible study displaying downtown.
Speaker 1: Disney blah blah blah. So I mean, I just wonder if this was something different you're supposed to maybe they've opened the door to this.
Speaker 3: What about things like gay Days? Is that official? Unofficial? There's other things too. There's like dapper Days. I don't know if you've ever heard that before, but everybody gets together and dresses up, but they don't really throw an event where they take over an entire space, taking up all the seating.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, it's tough because.
Speaker 3: They'll probably argue, like, well, we were gonna be here anyways, we would have taken over the seating in this area. But I feel like you just shouldn't throw impromptu events at somebody else's establishment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of cool. It seems uncouth, whether whether whether it's a religious thing or not. Like I don't the fact that you have a guest speaker is sounds a little bit. Let's think about this, Sealane. Here's the best way to do this.
Speaker 1: What if you said to everybody that you knew, show up at Hollywood Studios at this time and you guys took up over this whole area and then you got married. Yeah, oh, they would definitely shut that down. You can't do that, right, you could, because you're throwing like an event at the at the parks.
Speaker 3: But let us know what you think Senay dispatch. I saw that was going viral out there this weekend. Give us your reactions as the show rolls on.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we've got the hot sheet coming up next Sea Lane covered in toilet water and ready to bring it to you. Baby, it's happening. That's coming up next in the news junk. Ye.
Speaker 3: During the next break, I've promised that I'm going to be adding the back on a plane sticker. There's a back on a plane sticker that is limited as all these are, and it's.
Speaker 1: Me on a on a plane flying. This is back on a plane. I'll put that up during the next break. So if you want one of those, make sure you wait, but those will be up real soon. Right now, let's do the hot sheets news, but not like important news. Invest again to be parting on the planet.
Speaker 10: Put the top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the hotsheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: That's all right, the top five stories and the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And uh, what were we calling this phenomenon where everybody was canceling their tours?
Speaker 1: Was the blue flu? What did you call it? Sean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Blue Fever for something like the Blue Dots were the unsold Blue Fever.
Speaker 2: I think it was was what you were calling it, and it has hit this band right. Oh familiar Depeche Mode.
Speaker 1: No, you might have known their hit It must have been Love? Oh yes, Love? Is that Bonnie Raid? No rock set rock Set would be the name of that band.
Speaker 2: There was good news and bad news about rock sets enduring popularity this week. The good news was the nineteen ninety smash It Must Have Been Love was announced as having officially joined YouTube's billion views club, and on the heels of that news, the audience that wants to hear the track performed live may not be able to get to hear it anymore because rock Set's fortieth anniversary tour had all of its US and Canada dates canceled on Friday, with ticket holders receiving notices their money was being refunded for the shows, despite the group itself issuing a statement that the her was merely being postponed. The shows have been booked into amphitheaters in North America, with the Swedish Act headlining a triple bill that also included Taylor Dane oh Nick Low, Taylor Dane is a throwback. I saw Taylor Dane years ago. Hit Taylor Dane, Taylor Dane oh Man.
Speaker 1: Now I can only think of rock set right now. Tim. Yeah, she had a couple of good ones.
Speaker 2: For people who have been in central Florida for a long long time may remember the old event Light Up Orlando that they would do downtown. I saw Taylor Dane live at Tay. They would close down all the streets. It was a big thing. I'm not sure what's going on with uh this band ride, but hello this one this this is Van Hagar and uh Sammy Hagar, I guess is doing a Vegas residency right now. And but he was concerned about some of the tweets and videos he's seen about David Lee Roth, because David Lee Roth just looks like he's goofy in some of these clips of him playing, and he was like, hey, Former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth has canceled the remaining dates of his current tour, prompting a surprise all of Branch from Sammy Hagar. The North American tour kicked off back in April, but now all but one date in August seventh show at Sturge's motorcycle rally in South Dakota has been axed. Roth's camp has not yet shared the reason behind the cancelation, but many speculated sluggish ticket sales could have been a factor. And then Sammy Hagar reached out and said, bro, just just come to my residency. We'll get the band back together. Just come do whatever you do. He actually said, come out and just do what the f you do, which is pretty damn entertaining. I don't know if this is the greatest time for a Van haley reunion to get Sammy and David Lee Roth back together, but I think it would be hilarious to watch. It's just the Davidly Roth is so corny. Though, to me, have you seen have you seen.
Speaker 1: So corny?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: It was either this weekend or last weekend. I saw want like a video from one of his shows, and I was like, what is that dance that David Lee Roth is doing?
Speaker 1: Super weird weird.
Speaker 2: Fifty Cent revealed on Friday that he Eminem and the Late Tupac are collabing on a new song. It's weird to say that Tupac is collabing. I mean they're just using a clip of him rapping. I think but but fifty and eminem are collabing on this song and it's gonna be feature on this upcoming movie soundtrack for Street Fighter. Were you a street Fighter kid? We played Mortal Kombat? No, I think you're one or the other. I have huge ties to Mortal Kombat. Love Mortal Kombat. I know next to nothing about Street Fighter, and so I'll probably miss that song because I'll probably miss that movie. Other new releases though. In music, since it's Monday, we're gonna look at the new new music Monday. Charlie XCX has dropped an album music, Fashion, and Film. Shaboozi's got a new single with Leon Bridges called Burn It Down. Tyler Rico Nasty also new albums, and The Strokes has a new album called Reality Awaits that's got US sixty nine on one of the score websites. Also way down the list, Shania Twain has a new album called The Little Miss Twain that you can check out if you are a Shania Twain fan. Hey, another thing you should check out if you are trying to get yourself into a house. If you have a mortgage quote, you should check out that mortgage guy don dot com because he will compare your quote and see if he can get you a better rate. He wants to save you money. It's a very easy thing to do. You can even do it on your phone. Just take a picture of the quote with your phone, upload it on the Compare your Quote tab. Don will review it with you and tell you if you're leaving money on the table. It's super easy, So find him at that mortgage guy don dot com. Beg you see lane a quick break.
Speaker 1: I put the back on a plane sticker up by the way for people who subscribe for a premium account on the news jumping or you can a gift if you're already a subscriber, and for each item of your gift you can claim some of them. You made yourself a captain for that.
Speaker 3: Hey, somebody's got to be the captain of this plane. So on my plane sticker, I'm popping out and back on a plane over.
Speaker 1: I like it. I think this one's going to be a big hit. But let us know. Go grab it there if you'd like one. Right now, quick break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll get to a celebration gone horribly wrong. We'll get to this driving instructor video that has people fired up? Is this a sign of the times? And we'll get into a woman crying on a video but people think it might be engagement bait?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 1: We'll discover all of that and more is coming up next on the News Junkie. There was a fireworks show gone wrong this weekend at Hey, a major league or rather minor league baseball park in Richmond, Virginia, and the fireworks started to malfunction and just shoot fireworks at the stands instead of up into the air where they were supposed to going okay, so they were just filming as all.
Speaker 3: Hell started to break loose. I don't know what went wrong, but they started firing horizontally.
Speaker 1: Thank you, no, you don't no.
Speaker 3: I thank you big tires for five gifted subs. Some of them are going up in the air, but a lot of them are firing directly at the stands.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, the ones that seemed to be doing what they're supposed to do don't look that great.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's all smoky too, like something has really gone wrong here. They usually discount fireworks company, I think usually for these displays.
Speaker 2: Don't they like set up in a field that's outside of the venue and shoot them all off there and then so you have your fireworks display for the game that you can see from the venue, but it's you're not shooting them from the field.
Speaker 1: This is like the pictures mound. It's like the firing them sideways off the pictures mound. Everybody in the fend and the stands is running for cover.
Speaker 7: Somebody is learning statistically about this entire thing. Somebody is having a blast. There's one person like Ah who's just really thrilled about this whole thing.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 3: AU already said no injuries or reported. An investigation is underway.
Speaker 1: We now know.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me zoom that on out. What else did I have for you? A few things? Oh, there's a lot of We got to address this a little bit here. There's a lot of engagement bait on all platforms right now. That's on Instagram, TikTok. These things are are pretty out of control right now. And I'm trying to highlight some of these things to show you that you need to be more skeptical of what you're watching. People are really bad actually determining what's legit and what's not because they forget a couple of things.
Speaker 1: I forget that not everybody's like you. Not everybody has a mindset you do.
Speaker 3: Not everybody has a zero shame, right, not everybody, Like some of these people have absolutely no shame. So they'll do anything online. And when you watch it, you're like, well, I could never do that. I would be so embarrassed. They're not embarrassed.
Speaker 1: They don't care. These people have no shame. They'll post anything online.
Speaker 3: And this one story that I keep saying, like you see this, Sean, This woman is crying because people started attacking her online after she posted some political thing. And I'm telling you, just like she posted the political thing that she didn't agree with to begin with, to make people freak out. She posted this thing where she was crying, and she's like, I do content for a living.
Speaker 1: I do content creation and I love it. Butted a photo yesterday, all right. So it's a photo of her by an ice machine at like a convenience store or something, and it says F ninety nine percent of Congress F scotis F Satan Yahoo, Like that's the president of Israel if you weren't knowing, Benjamin net and Yahoo F Zio Yahoo, No m too, though he's a Jew.
Speaker 3: Two so f Zio's, which is just a stand in in almost all cases, it's used for Jews. F colonialism, which is a big indicator that the persons saying it is a very very dumb individual with a tiny mind. F corporate America. F the Epstein class, which I don't even people use that word. I don't even know necessarily what that means. F billionaires. It's time we revolt. So she wrote this on her post, and then she said that people started like making fun of her, and and that now she's crying with the video. I'm telling you, she posted that original photo for engagement and knew people were gonna get upset, and then post the video.
Speaker 1: Of her crying, like, oh, people were making fun of me. Also for.
Speaker 10: Hundreds of people, the clemens, oh no, poor thing me the most horrible things.
Speaker 1: I scrumbed through it too.
Speaker 3: I near say that that that stuff wears on your soul. She says, all right, that stuff wears on your soul. And she says, reading over and over again. I don't think she curses again. All right, can I risk it? Smfortable?
Speaker 1: Watch the captions.
Speaker 3: I will just with the caption was so closely tied to when she said there, that can't possibly be my fault, can't it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't envision a world where that was that was my responsibility. She says, this s hurts.
Speaker 1: Okay, over it over again.
Speaker 3: So I say that this kind of stuff is just as fake as the like so much that we react to online is just people who have no shame willing to do this to themselves. I mean, I know somebody that I see on my social media feeds, and they are.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give away who this is. They are incredibly embarrassing.
Speaker 3: And overly dramatic and constantly with some like stuff that I would be so ash shamed to put out there publicly, but they revel in it, and I think, like I think sometimes these people will monetize their accounts and they go, oh, I can make one hundred dollars a month on some social media platform, completely debasing myself just like not in a sexual way, just like completely embarrassing myself and crying and getting like causing all this drama because people love to watch a train wreck like that. And I think a lot of times the person at the center of it doesn't mean I think this is like, I think this is fake. Almost assuredly, she knows exactly what she's doing, and she's getting the reaction out of people that they want. She goes viral for the post and then viral for the reaction, and then monetize it all for quarters Like you're not even getting any real money out of what you're doing here.
Speaker 1: It's so embarrassing, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: The post that she started with kind of reminded me of something I saw over the weekend and I most commented on because I thought it was it was so stupid they were it was talking about the.
Speaker 1: Zion thing is what reminded me of it.
Speaker 3: Zios, but just for the the uninitiated that they call Israeli Jews mostly Zionists. Is away for people many times, not always, but many times to criticize Jews without just saying Jews. Usually you can just use them back and forth, and a Zionist implies somebody that believes that Israel has the right to exist.
Speaker 2: So anyhow, go back to somebody on Facebook or maybe it was Reddit. It was something it was about something local and they claimed that they were at some bar or restaurant or some somewhere that they were offered drugs in the bathroom by the bathroom attendant, Like the bathroom attendant offered to sell them coke or something like that. And the commenter said, yeah, well what to buy some coke from? Zionis?
Speaker 1: And I go, I'm sorry, man, if you're buying drugs you did? Do you care about their political beliefs? Do you do you search your drug dealers for what's it? The BDS list?
Speaker 9: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: The like there's a list of uh of Jewish companies that people boycott because of Israel and Palestine for.
Speaker 1: MOZIONI shut up.
Speaker 3: You if you're if you're desperate enough for your next round of hits, yeah you'll buy them for whoever you you don't care, I don't you know what. Here's the thing over the years, and I if there's anybody young listening, do not do drugs. Do not do drugs. Don't get involved in this. It can ruin your life. I've seen it ruin people who were very close to me, ruin their entire lives. Drugs are bad, and I don't want you to do them. But I can tell you without a shadow of a dow. I don't know the political leanings of a single person I've ever bought drugs, not not a one. I couldn't care less, Like, well, hello, before you hand that bag of drugs to me, I'm gonna need to know your thoughts on this random you know, country in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: What do you think about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't I don't necessarily care. All right, let's see. Here is the story that's making a lot of people talk today. This woman posted a video online that went viral. Her name is Sarah Gibson Gilson, Sarah Gilson. Here's the original video.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I don't know what documentary or a docuseries that sound is, but it's from some documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there.
Speaker 2: This is a trend that's been going on for a little bit where people are recreating like the scene in a documentary where somebody who is about to like do the tell all does their first sit down in the chair and they're, you know, they're like testing the cameras or putting on the microphone and they're acting like, Hey, I am about to be interviewed for this big documentary that I'm in and doing my tell all. I've seen a couple other people do it. I think it's actually kind of funny. It's kind of clever. It's good, right, I mean, I knew the first one that I saw was actually a guy who works in radio and was like like sitting down to give his tell all on the nineties or something like that, and I was like, I knew exactly what was going on from the jump, and it was clever and it was kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Baby m X consains corny. Af Meme disagree. I disagree. It's kind of fun So like if there was a docuseries about the downfall of the news junkie Sean Wahson revealed the Terrible Monster finally put on display in front of the world, and they said, we really need to get a hold of Sea Lane. We've got to get Sea Lanes so we can see the inside story of what was happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: And then Sea Lane would.
Speaker 3: Do a video and he'd like stand up and be like walking slow to to dramatically sit down in the seat like about to interview them. I got it, right, I got it. I can see what happens. This woman posted this and she sits down in her seat. She's a younger lady. I don't have her age, but I'm gonna take a guest. Early thirties, maybe late twenties. I don't know how she old she is, but on her post on social media, it says, preparing for when Netflix drops a documentary about my soon to be ex husband, who I just found out is a pedophile. All right, And the caption on the post was wish I was joking. Hashtag plot twist, hashtag Netflix documentary. So she says, prepare for Netflix documentary where they dropped this about my soon to be ex husband who I just found out it was a pedophile. And I guess two days after she posted this online, two or three days after this, she was murdered by the soon to be ex husband.
Speaker 1: So her husband murdered.
Speaker 3: The guy was a coach who was accused of I think groping some young person that he was attached to.
Speaker 1: I think he got caught like making out with a fifteen year old or something. Yeah, yeah, it says.
Speaker 3: A social media influencer this is from NBC News, was allegedly killed by her strange husband less than two weeks after she posted on TikTok accusing of of touching a young person.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was spotted.
Speaker 2: Kissing and fondeling a fifteen year old who played youth basketball on the team that he coached.
Speaker 3: She had about thirty thousand followers on social media when she dropped the accusation about what had happened there, And it says on June ninth, about a month before Gilson posted the video, a girl and a parent told police that Duffy, her husband, who coached the girls traveling basketball team, inappropriately touched her during an event at an elementary school earlier that evening. Another team coach saw what happened and immediately intervened and reported to the girl's parent. So then she hears about this, she's ready to get a divorce. She does the meme online. She even had a protective order against him. But so often we realized the plight of women in these cases where protective orders don't do anything for you. It is a piece of paper meant to only stop somebody if you can get them before they actually kill the target of this. That happens far too often, all right, far too often that this occurs. And this woman had a protective order against this guy and it didn't matter. So I guess you know he ended up catching up with her and killing her just days after she posted this online. And the nine came from a kid, and I did have some emergency audio, but this isn't the kid.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would. I wouldn't want to play that. This is dispatch audio. I don't want to play it if it's a kid. I think this is just a dispatcher talking about what's going on here. It is.
Speaker 2: Said, I'm trying to reach him back, but I can hear a fem on the background screaming and crying, some sort of loud being in the background.
Speaker 4: Jeez old mail that we were looking for a few weeks ago after you got.
Speaker 3: Caught, all right, So it's hard to hear what was going on there, But it seemed like the person said, I heard a woman, she was screaming and crying during a call, and then I heard a shot.
Speaker 1: I heard some sort of shot ringing out in the in the background, So that that's what happened to this. It's just so it's got to be so frustrating. H M f Q says, I'm curious on Sean's thoughts of this. Obviously she didn't deserve to die, should she not? Have brought that to social media.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to suggest that she brought this on herself by making accusations that appear to line up with some facts suggesting that she was right right away, you know that that her her husband was touching some teenage girl who was underage. No, I'm not going to suggest that she brought that on herself. I'm gonna instead suggest, as I often do in cases like this, that so often there are people it's most generally speaking, it's a woman and she's got some crazy guy who is threatening her, and then she goes through the process which is more difficult than it should be to get a no contact order. Now I have I have opinions on this that I think are so unradical I don't realize why nobody has adopted them. I think if somebody requests a no contact order, a two way no contact order should be granted immediately.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's my thoughts on this. I think if anybody requests a no contact order for another person, a two way no contact order should be granted immediately, meaning that if somebody says, like I want this guy to stay away from me, I don't want him anywhere near me, They should say, we don't know who's telling the truth and who's not, so we want neither one of you to be anywhere within any distance of each other both. If you stay away from each other, nobody's seen as guilty or whatever. But I think they should be granted immediately if.
Speaker 2: That was the case for this particular situation here, and she asked for the no contact order and she got granted a two ways. She's not allowed to contact him, he's not allowed to contact her. Do you think posting this video would be in violation of the order?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because you're not when you have a no contact order, like there's even stretches of the imagination as far as contact goes, like you can't text the person, You cannot send the person a message that's not you know, being sent by some sort of member of law enforcement or member of the court system, like if you if I had a no contact order from you, I couldn't send Josh to go to your house and pick up stuff or deliver a message, because that would be contact.
Speaker 3: I would want these people in my circumstance of automatically granting these orders, these no contact orders, two ways. I would want the people involved to still be able to have the freedom of speech to address whatever the issue was. I would just want immediately, without some process, I would want it granted that these two people cannot physically be near each other. It does not suggest who is right who is wrong. It just says flat out they should stay away from each other and not be near each other. It's more complicated when you get into like proxies and some of the stuff you're highlighting there. It does add layers to which are interesting and of note. But for me, I would grant that immediately, and then I would say, in a case where you have a judge look at this, and the judge believes that there is a legitimate threat for an individual, I think, and this would not be popular with some of you, but I think that person should be subject to monitoring. I think that they should have to have some sort of app on their phone to ensure that that they're not going near the person that the judge says they are indeed a threat to. I don't think it should just simply be like, congratulations, here's a piece of paper. So if the person attacks you call nine one one screamer A loud, and then you could say, I told you, I told you, I told you. You know, I think there should be something more proactive going on.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. Some of you want to blame her for posting this online, what for posting the truth? If this guy was sure, you.
Speaker 3: Could say, like, that's not technically a pedophon If this guy her husband, who would say that because it's not technically It's like the technicality thing that people would bring up is technically that means somebody who's prepubescent and not a fifteen year old.
Speaker 1: Girl or whatever.
Speaker 3: But what you're looking at here is, generally speaking, something that people would say would be within her free speech generally speaking, seems to line up with what was happening in her case.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to falter for that.
Speaker 3: And as she feels like she was wrong, she posts some stuff on social media, you can't say when the guy kills her, well, you know, what do you expect to happen? You called them out on TikTok. That's just not how I view it, But you guys can disagree.
Speaker 1: Makes it look more guilty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, I mean, you don't kill people over like a false accusation typically, Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't. And they're both dead now. You know he turned the gun on himself, I guess afterwards. But that's what happened this weekend. And we'll keep an eye on that story as well. Okay, quick break. When we come back, we'll get into some of the stuff about Seattle. In a warning beforehand, I've got to pick a side on the way. I've got maybe the dumbest take of the day, literally, dumbest take of the day will come up in just a moment here. It's all coming up next on the news. Chunk Ye, this is a really dumb take. I'm just gonna be honest with you. Somebody sent this over and they said, do you see Steven Smith. I guess he's the guy from ESPN and he I guess. He has now said that he wants the NBA to go back to testing players for marijuana use, and he has shared his belief that marijuana should be classified as a performance enhancing drug. Okay, and what I when I when I heard this, I guess you just did an interview. He was like, marijuana is a performance enhancing drug. I was like, marijuana might be a bunch of things. But I have never thought of it as it enhancing any performance, Like, what's what's a performance that marijuana makes you better at sleep?
Speaker 1: Sleeping?
Speaker 3: Yes, in the world sleeping championships, marijuana should be seen as a performance enhancing drugs.
Speaker 1: Let's see sleep sleep championships.
Speaker 2: If there was some sort of championship for zoning out and ignoring my friends, Yeah, that one too.
Speaker 1: Not responding to text messages for way too long. Yes, marijuana performance enhancing drug. And is the performance Eating Dorito's while playing PlayStations somebody said, yeah, yeah, I mean, like other than that, do I think if I was going to compete with some athlete and we were going to play basketball against each other, and they said, Sean, I just want to warn you this person is going to get shockingly stoned before your competition. I go, good, that'll give me a better opportunity to beat them, because there's no way anybody throws a basketball better when they're high. There's just no way.
Speaker 3: There's no way that's in a performance enhancing drug in any sense of the world word.
Speaker 2: There was like famously a story that like Michael Jordan would go out golfing on the day of a Bulls game and just house beers with his friends and show up pretty buzz to work and he's still got the job done because he's Michael Jordan. But what what I call that performance enhancing? I would think it would be the opposite. I could tell you for our job. It is not a performance enhancing drug.
Speaker 8: It is not.
Speaker 1: If I would disagree, if I got right now, boy, I'd be all sorts of sideways. It would not enhance my performance baseball, soccer, basketball, football.
Speaker 3: I don't see how it doesn't. It doesn't give you a leg up. I don't understand. That's the dumbest take I've heard in a long time. And that guy makes a lot of money at ESPN. Maybe they'll hire me over there, ESPN shouts out to your boy over here.
Speaker 1: I'll take the gig. He's got his own like section of.
Speaker 2: His Wikipedia page about his opposition opposite opposition to recreational marijuana, and he like routinely when stuff goes down on the corridor in the field, tells players to stay off the weed.
Speaker 1: Does he say the weed like of an old Yes.
Speaker 2: On occasions when players are found to be involved with the drug, Smith may loudly tell them to quote stay off the end quote such NFL players include Stepman Bailey, Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, the whole list of Lavon Bell, a whole list of players that he's had to tell to stay off the weed.
Speaker 3: I got into this before with that lady who is kind of trashy in the long run. But the Olympian Shikari Richardson I think might have been her name. I might be getting that wrong. She tested positive for marijuana and then was punished or blocked from performing in the Olympics, and I had the same take there. I was like, I don't think we should encourage people to smoke weed. I don't think weed is good for you by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just somebody who thinks people should have the freedom to make choices. Whether you think they're a good choice or a bad choice, it doesn't really matter. Life is about you living and enjoying yourself on this crazy mission that we're all on together. And if being high is the way you want to do it, godspeed, friend, good luck out there in the world. But I said, in her case, I'm like, I don't think her smoking marijuana is going to make her better at track and field. No, And I don't think any of these athletes are going to be made to run faster or do anything like. I don't think it's going to make you better at anything. Here's a dispatch on this topic from Eskimo Brother. Let's see what he says.
Speaker 6: What up news junkies, Hey, man, Happy Monday, bro, It's a good day.
Speaker 1: Is hot as Hank outside? True?
Speaker 6: And what she was saying earlier about that newscast in the NBA. You know what I'm saying about the you know, marijuana stuff. Man, he probably just a hater because he can't get it though.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that a thing about him? I never heard this before. I've heard people say he looks like Ernie. He looks like Ernie from Burton Ernie a little bit. I've heard some things, but I've never heard anybody say that he has a problem maintaining interaction. So maybe that's nonsense. But let's go over to this.
Speaker 1: Here's Mama Greaser talking about no contact orders in Florida.
Speaker 12: Good afternoon, news junkie. Hey, So this is something I'm not proud to be educated in. But you guys are talking about the guy who killed the woman who posted the TikTok video and I'm not sure if that happens here in Florida or not, but let me tell you how hard it is to get a restraining order or no contact order in Florida.
Speaker 4: They will not.
Speaker 12: Grant it unless the person has made a physical act against your life. They can threaten you and text messages, e nails, voicemails on all of the socials, it doesn't matter until they physically act on it. I've tried to do this twice and been denied twice for it, so it's really not that easy. I would love to say that judges are just like here have it, you know, and like you said, it's just a little piece of paper. It really doesn't keep the other person from actually doing anything but proving you right in the end. So anyways, love you.
Speaker 1: Guys, have a great show. Thank you, appreciate the dispatch. One hundred percent agree.
Speaker 3: That's why I said there should just be a process by which you can get a two way no contact order saying there's a problem with me and this person.
Speaker 1: I won't go near them, they won't go near me, and they just hand them out like candy. And I know you might say, like, well, Sean, that would be impossible to enforce on that level, Like this is just a piece of paper to begin with. I don't see why you do. This is a no fault thing.
Speaker 3: You would just issue it, and you would say, these two people, we can't look into all the nitty gritty of what's happening here and who's right and who's wrong. We can't pick a side. We just simply say stay away from each other. I think that is better than the situation that we have now. Now, somebody did make a point. There's a lot of people making this point actually, that that woman who posted the TikTok video calling her her husband.
Speaker 1: A pedo and saying, you know, she's going to be in the inevitable.
Speaker 3: Netflix docu series about him to her thirty thousand TikTok followers or Instagram or whatever. They're saying that that needlessly inflamed the situation, which is true. It is true that that needlessly and flame the situation. But I don't think that people should have to operate under those pretenses.
Speaker 2: Like what like, I just can't say anything that might needlessly inflame the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you should still be able to speak your mind. I think you should still, Like if the person did something, you post that if you're not right, then the person.
Speaker 1: Should sue you, and then round and round we go. Do you think it's weird that she did it in meme form?
Speaker 2: Kind of like looking back, Like, I know, it's hard to kind of judge that based on now that we know where that path led her, but you know, just to say, like, go out there and call your husband out for being a pedophile, but to decide to do it in such a way that's trendy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of odd. I mean, I don't hate it. I get it. I understand that, but I think I probably would have advised her not to do it.
Speaker 3: But we can't say, like, oh, well, therefore some percentage of this is her fault, because that's what you're doing, right, You're opening this up because you're going, well.
Speaker 1: She really shouldn't have done that now you're dead.
Speaker 3: And no, the guy shouldn't have allegedly have been with a fifteen year old. The guy shouldn't have violently attacked and killed his wife. You know, those those are the problems here. Those are the things, not the person who made a TikTok. At least to me, here's somebody for the rate my blank which is rate my mess this week? Michelle says, this is my office at church. I may need an intervention. And is that a pizza box?
Speaker 1: Michelle? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, there is a lot of junk in this picture. You got almost more screens than Sea Len. No, no, no, preposterous. There's stuff all over. Still not the worst. I have still seen way worse than this. Rate my Mess. This person, Oh is this outside your house?
Speaker 6: What do you?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: Are you a hobo? What is going on here? There's dress cans knocked over.
Speaker 2: And this doesn't seem that bad because the space in which the mess is in is very nut can It's just like spread out, so it seems like it seems like less mess to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good submission. We appreciate this. That's Kevin over there. Somebody says, Uh, to save money, I had to clean out my storage in it quickly.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, you're you're in horder territory. Who Ever sent this over this is Gizelle Giselle that this is the Red Flag city. By the way, these are visual, you could see them all. Go into thenewsjunkie dot com in the Dispatch section.
Speaker 3: You can see all the ones that people have submitted. We'll take them over the course of the week and we'll award a prize to the best. Alien says, this is my office. What are You've got?
Speaker 1: Old tube? TVs tube? What do they call those monitors? CRT CRT monitors? And you got just old papers that probably you don't need anymore, I would guess, stacked everywhere. God Almighty, some of you get it together. This is my cousin Mose with his son and his mess. This is a kid's room. Though I can I canna understand what's going on.
Speaker 3: You let it get out of control, then you clean it up a little bit afterwards. That seems fine. We'll take more of your submissions for rate my blank this week, Rate my mess. We want to see how messy your office, your room, your car. I don't know how nobody's sent in like a car. Some of you, like my sister, God rest her soul. Love my sister more than anything, but my sister, especially when she lived in Vermont. Some of you northern people are going to know exactly what I'm talking about. It is way too cold sometimes to clean out your car, and when you're driving to work and you're getting Starbucks or McDonald's, you just start piling it around. My sister would literally have it so it was like there was a driver's seat carved out of a trash mountain in the rest of her car, and.
Speaker 1: They were like the passenger seat gone, man, there gone.
Speaker 2: There used to be a car like that that was parked downtown and like you knew it when you saw it, like it was it was a regular staple of the street parking spots in the downtown area, you know, like west of the Interstate, and you'd be like, how does anybody live in that car? Or maybe that's maybe that's the problem. Maybe the problem is they do live in that car. Yes, gross.
Speaker 3: My sister just let it pile up over time, and then it would be the end of the winter and she go, okay, I gotta clean this out. And then one time my dad so let's count them, and I think she had a hundred or more McDonald's bags, like one hundred different ones. And that wasn't the only thing. That's how bad it was. So if you've got one of those for rate, mind, coworker did a similar thing, but it's they're all beef king yes, Well, look I love bef king as much as the next guy, but if you've done that to yourself, you might as well get a prize out of it. Submit yours at the news Junkie dot com as a photo dispatch quick break. When we come back Jury Duties on the way, we got to pick a side headed to you this driving instructor video that's going. I talked about all of that coming up next on the News Junkie. Big thanks to all the folks who have supported us so far. You could go over and subscribe to a premium account for as little as two ninety nine a month over on the website, or gift a subscription to somebody else to claim some merch items stickers, pins, magnets, all the rest available for you. If you get five subs well, guess what would those five subscription gifts You get to claim five points worth of items over on the website. Go check that out at the Newsjunkie dot com. Seelan, I've got a story in jury duty that is that is so crazy to me. I think this is right down your alley. I'm interested to see what you think about this.
Speaker 1: So here we go. Let's do Jury Duty. Court is now in session.
Speaker 10: So put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're no injury duty with the news junkie, Yeah, bring this up in front of me. This is from tech Crunch.
Speaker 3: It says US accuses of American of allegedly wiping his phone using a quote duress password during a border search.
Speaker 1: All right, this is interesting. There's never been a case like this before. Never.
Speaker 3: The US Justice Department is prosecuting an American citizen for allegedly providing the US border authorities with a pass code that, when entered, wiped the contents of his phone. This is thought to be the first known case in the United States where federal prosecutors have charged somebody for the alleged destruction of data using a duress password built into a phone software. According to The Guardian, which covered the story earlier this week following a court hearing on this, there was a guy named Samuel Tunick from Atlanta, Georgia. He's fighting these charges now. Customs and Border Protection seized his phone as she was coming back. As he was coming back the United States without they said, they seize his phone and they took it from him. But they didn't have the passcode. Now he had an operating system called graphene Os. GrapheneOS is a custom Android operating system that runs in place of the software on modern Google Pixel device.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, this definitely doesn't sound like anything that an iPhone would do, although I did see recently that if you lock yourself out of your phone by doing the passcode too many times, one of the options is to wipe it, which seems kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, So you have your pass code that lets you into your phone, and then on these special Android installs, you have a special destruction code. And so they said to the guy, just give us the passcode we need to get into your phone. Just give it to us now. And he goes the disc and we'll give you your life back. He says, all right, it's one two three four five, And they put in one two three four five and his phone self destructs, and they said, now you're in trouble that you destroyed evidence in this case because you gave us a false passcode that deleted all the data. The software feature allows the device owner to set a passcode that deliberately wipes the contents of the device if entered instead of the user's unlocked pass code. Tunic's case raises ongoing questions about what constitutional rights can be invoked at the border, which the US government has long asserted is not US soil until a person is authorized to enter the government's indict indictment, which contains a typo instead of United States code, it says untied to state's code. That's kind of funny, accuses Tunic of allegedly providing a pass code to border agents that caused the phone to delete the digital contents. Two Nick's attorneys filed the motion to suppress the evidence, saying it was an unlawful seizure, a seizure, and a violate a violation of his Fourth Amendment rights. You have a Fourth Amendment right in the US Constitution to unlawful against unlawful search and seizure, meaning that anybody who wants to search through your stuff needs a court or warrant, being specific about what they're looking for and where they're looking for it, and that other than you giving them permission, they cannot just they cannot just take your stuff and search it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So, but they said it doesn't matter. We're at the border. The border is not US territory technically, so we don't have to abide by the So you don't a Fourth Amendment right, But I would say the US government interfacing with a US citizen should always have to abide by the Constitution, even doesn't matter why untied State's code. Yes, and I don't care if it's not. If it's somebody who's not a US citizen. I don't think people who are not US citizens should be granted all of the same rights the Constitution grants its citizens. But if a US citizen is interfacing with the US federal government, I don't care if they're not in America.
Speaker 1: I think they still should have to follow the constitutional rights that that person has.
Speaker 2: So it says the duress pen slash password will irreversibly wipe the device along with any installed e sims. So not only is the device wiped out, but it can't make any more phone calls because it just deleted all the SIM information.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Once entered anywhere where the device, credentials are requested on the lock screen, along with any such prompt in the OS. The wipe does not require a reboot and cannot be interrupted. It can be set up in the owner profile. Duress pin is used solely for pin entry and dress password for password entry. They will also wipe the device when entered as the two factor fingerprint on lock pin. If the password is the same as the actual unlocked method, that always takes precedence. So you can't set the duress password to be the actual password.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because of good you wouldn't want people accidentally.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of that like urban myth. I think that they had back in the day where you you could put in your ATM PIN backwards and that was supposed to call the authorities immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I never heard of that.
Speaker 2: You never heard this was so there was supposed to be. There was like a rumor, urban legend or something that if you say your ATM PIN was one two three four, but somebody was holding you at gunpoint and telling you put in your ATM code empty, empty out your account, give me all your money, and you put in four three two one, it would and I think this is where the stories kind of started branching out a little bit. It would call the police and maybe still give you the money, but also alert the authorities so that you didn't get hurt. But it was supposed to be so that any person holding a gunpoint.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's because there was never I've never been told that I couldn't have a pin that was the same forward and backwards right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've not heard of that before.
Speaker 3: It's interesting though, but I think if somebody gets your phone, first of all, you shouldn't be required to give your lock password to any buddy who's got your phone.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's the FEDS or not, then kiss my ass.
Speaker 3: Second of all, if I give you a code and it deletes the phone, well I got one over on you.
Speaker 1: You could still subpoena all my accounts. You could subpoena my accounts from any app that you think I had installed on my phone. You could subpoena my accounts with Google and the Google play Store to see what apps I had. You can get every piece of data on there if you have the warrant to do so, and replicate the data that was stored in the cloud from that user.
Speaker 2: I would bet that this OS because it's so focused on your privacy and focused on security, that not only does it wipe the phone, but it probably overwrites the entire phone, because if you were if you were to just delete all the stuff on your hard drive right now, it would still be there. Everything just gets marked delete, yeah, right, and then you can you could use specific kinds of software to go in and try and undo that, or you know, there's forensic evidence that you know can day on a drive. However, if you do it where it just writes over everything with like blank lines or something, then it's really gone. It's gone gone. Let us know you think, should that be something that's against the law. Give us your dispatches, emails and all the rest. Quick break back with a power hour, kicking that off. When we come back, it's coming up next. And then you use junkie. There was a handful of people on the texting service that chimed in to try and give their examples for what competitions you would have an advantage by being high.
Speaker 3: For okay, all ears, I don't really I'm not convinced that it could be a performance ancing drug.
Speaker 1: But what do you got for?
Speaker 2: One person says, marijuana definitely helps my performance in the game of golf. I'm able to keep really home and no more throwing clubs that might be one. The one person says if weed helps a player focus better, I've always played better in college when smoking a little weed pregame, and then the rest of them are just hot dog eating, contest, competitive anything competitive eating, being high would give you some sort of advantage, And maybe the golf thing might be particular to individual athletes or something. But I've always found that marijuana is bad for your like depth, perception and things like that personally, so I would think that it would actually maybe it gives you the focus, maybe helps you out on that level, but somewhere else it ends up hurting you because you know, like so many other things, you're you know, you're you're high. Yes, just by the nature of it, you're actually high, all right. In the Power Hour from here on out, we will open the phone lines if you have any thoughts on stuff we've talked about so far, stuff we haven't talked about on the show. It's your time one triple eight four four to three News one triple eight four four three News with your thoughts in the Power Hour of the show. And with that out there now that you know you can ring us up in the Power Hour at eight eight eight four four three news, let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 10: They said it couldn't be done. Then they said, people were making fun of me. It's time for the Power Hour on the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie people were making a little bees. All right, let's see here. I have an update on the Pete Buddha Judge thing, which is like, oh my god. I know, I know this had people split a little bit, but I think it's kind of dopey. I said flat out, it should be a very high barrier. Okay, it should be something we take seriously, but it should be a very high barrier to go into somebody's house and question them about their children or God forbid, take their children away from them. And what we had heard about Pete Buddha Judge, if you don't know who that is, is the.
Speaker 3: The former Transportation Secretary of Things for the Biden administration and him and his husband.
Speaker 1: Adopted a baby and beat Buddha.
Speaker 3: Judge posted a video and said that there was some claim to what DCF you know, whatever the equivalent is wherever he is in Michigan. I guess some claim to the Department of Children and Families where they said you need to get this child out of this house. The child's being abused. They showed up in the middle of the night, and they said, since we can't interview you or the child right now, we're gonna take the child away from you, or we're gonna, you know, make you stay the night away from your own child because of these allegations. And I said, that should be a real high bar. There should be evidence of some kind that the person has been abused, whether physically or sexually, and if that is the case, those kids should be taken away from those families. But it should be a high bar, all right, a high bar for that to happen in this case. The Washington Post as an update of the story, and it says the source of that false allegation against Pete Buddha Judge appeared to be mentally unstable. According to the records, his four year old twins were separated from him because they couldn't interview them in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Now, to me, to be fair, that the four year old twins went to their grandparents' house, correct, they weren't actually taken by DCF or any of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, they still were told that they that they had to separate themselves from the from the children. They were told that they could not spend the night with their own kids. That's that's what they were told. Officials who separated former Transportation Secretary Pete Buddha Judge from his young twins relied on a vague and unsubstantiated allegation from accuser. From the accuser authorities later deemed possibly quote mentally unstable, The records obtained by The Washington Post, in an interview with the apparent complaint, offered the most detailed account yet of how false tip led investigators at the home of the country's most promise one of the most prominent democrats, drawing bipart is an outrage, I said, this is a good indicator of whether or not you're fair about things like this just shouldn't happen.
Speaker 1: It just should not happen.
Speaker 3: We should not let some mentally ill person calls and he's like, uh, they're talking about planes flying in the sky and UFOs And then the next thing you know, that person says, oh, yeah, by the way, you when they point their front or you are abusing your child, and there's a problem with this and that you need to investigate immediately. And because of the ranting and ravings of some mentally deranged lunatic. You are separated from your children. Nah, No, that's a hard pass for me. That is, the state should not be getting in between you and your family and your kids unless they have evidence and a call from some deranged nut job ain't enough evidence to leave this call to believe this. Who made the call? Oh, I guess whoever was in the state of Michigan. Is what they said at the arm of children Families there Michigan authorities afterwards. Yeah, it seems like it was way too easy, which we said for Yeah, the Washington Post is a story about this, and it was a Facebook post. The person said they saw a post on Facebook that said Pete Buddha Judge had abused their child and as a result of that, they would not let him stay the night with his twin children.
Speaker 1: That seems wrong to me. Okay, let's see here, wan Wayne one, are you with us? Hello?
Speaker 8: Yeah, how's it going good?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, good man?
Speaker 8: Checking in with that jury druty story. I think that was totally illegitimate. American citizen has American rights at the border or any other country, you know, entering the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think that they shouldn't be charged them with giving a code that the authorities put in the phone and then that destroyed evidence.
Speaker 8: No, definitely not, because how do they know what they're looking for? And then you just yeah, I mean if I just wipe my phone, how do you know what was on there?
Speaker 10: You don't know.
Speaker 8: You're just speculating. Your charging me for evidence you don't have or you think might be there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it seems to me to set a bad precedent to say, like, look, once we get your phone, ah, you have to tell us the code, and if you give us the self destruct code, oh boy, you know we're going to absolutely freak out and we're going to charge you with that.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I agree. I'm sure some people disagree. There's got to be somebody out there. Triple eight four four three news is the number. Here's this video. Is this how dumb kids are? Or is this just like bad representation?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 3: This woman is learning to drive with this social media influencer. The social media influencer posts the driving lessons I guess online and he said this person that was learning to drive doesn't know they're left from the right, among other things.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see.
Speaker 13: How confused, Show me your left foot which one?
Speaker 1: No, it's not, that's your right.
Speaker 4: To see with.
Speaker 1: Yes, folks, these are the folks I gotta teach how to draw.
Speaker 13: The ones that still got to think about where hand they right with to understand what is left their right.
Speaker 3: This is more common than anybody would ever imagine the amount of young people that go left or right and hold up their hands to see which one makes an L All right, that that one's my left.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The amount of people who rely on that higher than you would imagine. Okay, And she doesn't know her left from her right. Beginning new drivers, bit.
Speaker 13: The pedal, right, yes, well what are you doing with the left foot?
Speaker 1: She's trying to drive with her left foot?
Speaker 13: We'll use that right, that left one, put the right one through the middle of.
Speaker 1: This is two nights of a car to be uh, teaching people how to drive in Yeah, Tesla too right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to take the test in my mom's Dodge Caravan for God's sake. So this this is already steps above this.
Speaker 1: But is this fair to be?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Look, how dumb kids are? Or aren't most kids at fifteen learning to drive pretty pretty dopey? I think I was pretty dumb. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, also, is this guy posting videos of all of his students are just the dumbest ones, just the dumbest ones.
Speaker 1: I think she screws up some more. Oh oh, oh, okay, I get it. I mean that's the point. That's why she's coming to you.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, Yeah, what is gonna be real for you? Put your big toe through the center of the brake pedal. The brake pedal is to the left. That's the gas pedal. Move your foot to the.
Speaker 1: Left, sweetheart, move the left foot over.
Speaker 13: We're never putting.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: She could have got him back. She could think I'm dumb. You're the one who insituation gas pedal. That's an electricity pedal.
Speaker 1: That's what that is, right, Yes, that's yes. But on the left pedal she doesn't know left from right. Clearly.
Speaker 13: Okay, move your feedback. This is the break, that's the gas. I want you to put your right foot through the center of the brake pedal.
Speaker 3: I'm having a problem being angry with her because she's not being rude about it. She's just she's just kind of dopey, like she doesn't know her left from her right. Like, she's not saying like, no, that is my left. She's not being like loud, dumb and wrong. She's not doing that thing like which I hate so many people in these viral videos would just be so obviously loud, dumb and wrong and just painfully unaware.
Speaker 1: Of how wrong they are. But she's not doing that.
Speaker 3: She's just like she kind of seems sweet. I guess she's just wrong. I mean, she does nowhere left from her right.
Speaker 1: That is the gas. Okay, so this one, why do you keep putting your left foot on it?
Speaker 4: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know how to drive, sir, which one one that's your left foot?
Speaker 4: I mean, see which one? I right, it's my left, it's my right.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, see here, it's hard to be patient something like this. He says, get in the back. He just puts her in the back of the car. I agree that we should make sure that kids know they're left from their right. Kind of important, kind of a potti. I agree that kids should know they're left from their right. I think that that's an important thing. But I don't think this is the smoking gun that shows like we're doomed from gen Z being too stupid. I think this is a fifteen year old kid. Most fifteen year olds are quite dumb. They are. You were too, I was, you know, dumb I was at fifteen. I was pretty smart at fifteen. I'm dumb now.
Speaker 3: I'm dumber now. You were the only one. When I was fifteen, I was dumb as a brick. I didn't know anything about the world. I didn't know anything about anything happening in planet Earth. I knew about my favorite TV shows and that's about it, right, Like, I did not know many things about But this is why they shouldn't be able to vote.
Speaker 1: This is an excellent example live. We definitely don't want fifteen year olds voting. Well, she can't. Yeah, fifteen year olds can't vote, so I know, but I don't want to. People bring it up every once in a while, we're like, oh, maybe sixteen year olds, maybe fifteen year olds.
Speaker 3: You've been oh no, no, no no, But she's she went to the class to learn how to drive. The guy was supposed to teach her to drive. I don't necessarily take issue with it.
Speaker 1: We'll see what you think, though, send us a dispatch, or as I said, for the Power Hour, the phone lines are open at Triple eight for four to three news. If you have some comments, let's see what else we have here. Obviously, there was this story out of Philadelphia this weekend at this food festival. Amy Koffelt brought this up a little bit some of the details if you missed it. So we start with an alert.
Speaker 2: At least three people have been killed in four others hurt after shooting at a festival in Seattle.
Speaker 5: Thousands of people had gathered there for the annual Bite of Seattle, just a food festival near the Space Needle when gunshots shots started ringing out, sending that massive crop running for cover.
Speaker 1: Seattle cops say that a quote, a young.
Speaker 5: Person is now in custody, but they believe two shooters we're firing at each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now a man hunt is underway for the second shooter. So this is something that happens far too often. People be like, could you hear this mass shooting in Seattle?
Speaker 3: And you go, technically, yeah, by certain definitions, but at seven yeah, Well, the mass shooting generally it depends on which which organization you're going by, but a lot of times it's more than three people shot, right, three or more people are shot, they'll consider that a mass shooting. Sometimes it requires more, but usually I think that most of the databases require three. And people generally think of somebody with nefarious intent going into the food festival and then I'll get you all, you know, and just shooting randomly at these people. The problem actually is this was it looks like a gang back, like two gang members shooting.
Speaker 2: And fighting each other. There just happens to be maybe they're not great shots. Yeah, right now there's innocent bystanders.
Speaker 3: Right and one of my hottest takes. You guys are not going to agree with this, but I have you might call a radical opinion on this. I think that we should utilize taxpayer dollars to offer free target practice for all gang members. Every single gang member out there should get unlimited free target practice so that when they get into a shootout, they don't do what they did in this case, which is injure a bunch of people, or kill people fully unrelated to the person that they're trying to shoot. Because they've all watched a bunch of dumb ass movies and they hold their gun sideways. They have no idea how to actually fire a weapon. I would rather them be incredibly and gun sideways. Sean, I would rather than be incredibly efficient at killing each other. I would rather all the gang members be as efficient as possible, with taxpayer dollars, trained to do the best job of killing the other gang members as they possibly can, and not inflict any kind of pain or punishment on the innocent citizens caught in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: I would be fine with that.
Speaker 3: I would like them to be just painfully accurate when they shoot all the other drug dealers and criminals and gang members, because if I could hit a button and zap them all away right now, it would make everybody's life better. And I'd hit the button a couple of times just to ensure that I killed all the gang members. I would probably do that. Yes, So that's what I would be for. That's what was at the center of all of this. And because these losers who always do this, they get into a shootout in the middle of a festival, they end up killing three people and injuring four because none of them know how to how to shoot a gun to begin with.
Speaker 1: It's just unbelievable. Anyhow, let me know what you think.
Speaker 3: Sent a dispatch or as I said, for the power hour, the phone lines are open.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with holding the gun sideway shown. Yeah, that's that's some that's some really amateur stuff. You don't hold a gun like this. It looks cool.
Speaker 3: You hold a gun securely. You secure a gun right me to make sure that you're doing your best. And then when you're firing at the other bad guys, hopefully you guys are successful.
Speaker 1: Quick break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll get to a pick a side that has really exploded.
Speaker 1: Online this week. What do you think about it?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out.
Speaker 3: Plus an interesting tidbit about the Odyssey movie and this data center story. Will get that all worked in, and it's coming up next on The News Junkie. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Learn more about the show over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, folks, it's time. It's our first pick a side of the week, so settle in. I want to see what your thoughts are.
Speaker 1: This is exactly what we do around here, so let's get into it without further ado, Let's do a pick a side. Proud of you for finally having this. I was gonna say, I don't want to pat myself on the back here, but I finally downloaded the pick a side song.
Speaker 3: Finally did it. This is one that went explosively viral this weekend. And what we see is in the middle of New York City in one of the parks, there is a man making out with a woman. That's it Central Park. I could tell because the sign says it right here. See lane Central Park, right and they're right below the Central Park sign and there's a man making out with a woman in this con I decided to videotape confronting them because he thinks that they are cheating. He thinks that they are cheating, that they are, you know, not with their significant others. Turns out, I think he was right about that. I'll give you the details, but here's the interaction.
Speaker 1: Get a room, all right? So he just goes right up to them mid makeout, puts the camera in their face, and goes get a room. Is this dude hammered? He's just weird.
Speaker 3: I think he's a little weird. But who's in who's in the correct here? Who's the who's on the right side? Pick a side? Your sides are the attorney and the woman who were making out with each other in public, or the man filming them that was under.
Speaker 1: The suspicion that they might be cheating. Is it okay to like film and try to bust somebody that you think is cheating on their partner with somebody in public, Because that's what he's doing. He's like, get a room, and he's like a top attorney. This guy, my notor's kids are on no, sorry, just kids are on touch me.
Speaker 13: I'll touch me.
Speaker 1: Maybe you touch me. I'll have to touch you. I have to touch you.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's some dumb kid who filmed this and he puts some music behind it, obviously and posted this online. But he's like, I'm busting them, get a room, you're cheating. What are you doing out here? Was making out in his kids. She comes out for him too, all right, so she tries to stop him too. Now it turns out, let me bring this this story up here because the guy has been named and shamed in their colortone lawyers for Open AI. No is it true? That's according to UNILAD tech Nathaniel color Tin, I guess is the one of the attorney's names is a big time attorney in New York City. They're calling this getting the cold play treatment, which is kind of funny, but it says. The two rumored Big Apple lawyers caught on cameras sucking face in Central Park have been identified. They are colleagues who work in the same department at a high profile Manhattan law firm. Nathaniel Cullerton, forty five, was caught in a heated smooch fest. You was smooching with everybody with a much younger Kelsey Bornsweg. He's forty five, she's twenty nine years old. A TikTok user filmed the now viral video on Thursday last week. The legal duo who work for watcht Ol Lipton, Rosen and Kats were making out as the TikToker said, get a room, there's kids around.
Speaker 3: Eagle eyed viewers were quick to identify the loved up pair in the comments section, and they said they confirmed the identity of these folks.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know what's happened at home. I can imagine this guy and this woman, if she's in a relationship, have had some pretty uncomfortable conversations. But I think the pic aside is like based around is it okay to record people making out in public? I think no. I think it's uh, that's a little creepy. I think sometimes he should.
Speaker 3: Not have been just recording this couple because he didn't know that they were cheating. They were, it turns out they were, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: Know that that was.
Speaker 2: But did he accuse them of cheating in the video? Uh, he didn't say. I was just saying, get a room. You're making out in public and there's kids, which is stupid. Like making out is not necessarily something that a kid can't see.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You people make out in movies that are PGPG thirteen all the time. It's not something that you would hide. But the fact that the kids going up and just filming people and bothering them is kind of obnoxious.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, chaos takes the other sides is stop looking up in public?
Speaker 1: WTF?
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're they're both cheating on their spouses or one of them cheating or whatever, they probably are not supposed to be doing this because they work together.
Speaker 1: The making out in public was a very dumb move on their part.
Speaker 3: I agree that it was dumb, But why why are you filming Rando people making out? I don't know that you should be doing that because he did not know in that moment who those people were or what else was going on in their lives. Right, you're just being obnoxious and filming people. I think that he's a punk who was just filming these folks.
Speaker 1: And he just happened to get lucky that it was some high powered attorneys who were cheating on their significant others, or at least the guy was with his twenty nine year old fellow employee.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the rest of this guy's profile look like as far as the kinds of videos that he posts.
Speaker 1: Is he doing this a lot? Or did he just happened to strike gold, you know, finding somebody making out? His is the TikToker. I'm trying to figure out what the tiktoker's name was. I think I might have said it before. J guwop three.
Speaker 3: J y g uap three is his TikTok And he got up in their face and then he said don't touch me when they were coming at him. They obviously their response made it clear.
Speaker 1: That something was going on. Like if somebody's filming you a public and then you're you're making out, and then you respond by going give me that phone, stop stop recording that that's going to make me suspicious views on this video for Jay Guapo d I man, I feel like he was in the wrong. If he was not correct, well, I don't even think he knew. I actually just think he was in the wrong. I think he was in the wrong for filming the video.
Speaker 3: But then it just so happened that they were high profile cheaters, and then nobody's going to defend the cheaters, so we say he was justified. That's what I think people are saying. And everybody's like, dude, don't make out with somebody in public. What if you're making out with your partner in public, should somebody be able to just film you? Like, oh no, You're like, I know they can legally. I know, I have no expectation of privacy.
Speaker 1: Right. That doesn't mean somebody's right or wrong, right, Like, it just means whether it's illegal or not.
Speaker 2: I mean there was a time at which I would not make out in public because there would be depending on where I was, I know, people would take pictures of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's still that's the case, right, definitely the case now yeah yeah, Carlos says, don't expose anything sexual in front of kids making out. It's not sexual. Maybe I wouldn't consider this to be a sexual If.
Speaker 2: It's not like a light makeout, it's not that sexual. If they started, you know, escalating things, then maybe we have a problem here.
Speaker 3: If I was making out with Courtney in public and then somebody recorded it and then they released it out there, I would say I should have known there's gonna be a listener somewhere and they're gonna record, Like I would put that on myself.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't even talking about listeners. I was talking about actual just friends of mine and bartenders.
Speaker 1: Even worse, you know, the people. So when I started, when.
Speaker 2: I started hanging out with my wife, were starting to get a little kissy at a bar once and somebody put somebody we know, put up their phone and like they were going to take a picture, and she clapped back with something about him personally that he said, all right, never mind putting this.
Speaker 1: She had ammunition ready. Yes, I'm saying this.
Speaker 3: If this turned out to just be some random regular couple this the guy recording it would be weird. He everybody be like, what the hell, dude, Yes, a couple like taking a private moment on a bench, even though it's in public.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Imagine there a couple that's together that's just normal and not cheating, and this guy's just randomly telling you to get a room.
Speaker 1: That's obnoxious. Yeah, I think so too. I think out during the day, but it's sonny out on a park bench. A couple of responses I'm seeing. One is just like, you never make out in public. Well, if I make out in public, it doesn't mean it's not rude to film me. And everybody's else saying is a lot of people a saying like, it's your right to film them. I'm not talking about whether somebody was legally right to do it. I'm saying, are they morally wrong to do it?
Speaker 3: So I can film you if you're out in public with your kids. But if I follow you around the whole grocery store and I'm like, yeah, just you and your kids in the grocery store, and I'm just using my right to film you in public right now, that's creepy, right, yes, shoot, that is creepy and bizarre. I am legally allowed to do it, all right, I'm legally allowed to do it. But it's creepy and bizarre. That's what I'm talking about. He did that to these people, and it just so happened that they were high profile attorneys and cheaters, and now everybody hates a cheater.
Speaker 1: Everybody hates a cheater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says they worked in the like litigation department, and uh where did it say they worked on that Sam Altman case where they were being uh sued by Elon Musk.
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, both working in the litigation department and are thought to have worked on the recent Open AI lawsuit behind this. Sam Altman emerged victorious against Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk lost the case and hired some punk to film. Look at this. This woman has no idea what's happened.
Speaker 2: Or she's like, oh, if you see old old Guappo here driving around in a Tesla, you'll know.
Speaker 1: You'll know what happened just she does. When you see this, it's like, oh, yeah, this woman should not have been making out with this guy. There's there's something that happened here. Quick break when we come back with you the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Monday that's coming up next on the news, Chunky I want to get alerts when the show starts. I want to get alerts when the podcast is posted. I want to get alerts when people met message you and TNJ chat. You can do all that with the app. Download the app on thenewsjunkie dot com. Can I send out alert to?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 12: Do I?
Speaker 2: Can I send out alerts just on the No no no, no no no. Pretty good cod arena would be able to figure that out. I mean I can send out alert.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: If I go into chat and type at everyone and then send a message, it will send a message to everybody right now who's a subscriber of the alerts, And that's I try to use it only for like the show going live, strategic stuff, you know, those.
Speaker 1: Kind of things. But you know, who knows what. We might get wild with it at some point in time. We'll see how it goes, all right. Uh, there's a viral data center that sounds like Satan's buzz saw. They suggested. I don't know if we'll be able to hear this or not. Here's some of the reports.
Speaker 11: There are still few local examples of what it's like when they're up and running. One of the most common areas of concern I hear.
Speaker 1: About is the noise that they could big as dat center.
Speaker 11: One community in southwest Michigan has been experiencing the reality of a data center next door for a couple of years now.
Speaker 1: The sound has changed their life. Hyperscale data do wisac.
Speaker 14: I want to hear what letting and the vacuum is just that thing needs to be cleaned like it is. The filter is clogged up, so it's a high pitch whining. And they just left it on and walked out.
Speaker 11: Oh there it is.
Speaker 1: You've seen a good that's the data center. Hold on it just left it on and walked out. Yeah, no, thank you. Now that's a little much right there.
Speaker 2: Dowagiac is the city in Michigan where this has taking place.
Speaker 1: Beautiful place, I'm sure, shouts out to Dewagiac. Keep your rate.
Speaker 3: My blanks coming in. Some of you like, this is your cats being a little filthy. But these are just cat toys, you know. This is not a good rate, my blank rate, my mess edition entry. It's not messy enough. We want more of a mess. This truck is out of control, my work truck. No, that's that's one food back. Please, I've had so much worse messy office, my work truck. Okay, this is a little more messy. You can see all the submissions so far for rate my mess We want to see your your home, hoarder kind of style stuff, your car, the filthiest place that you're at, your workplace.
Speaker 1: You could win with the filthiest.
Speaker 3: Spot at Just go to the news junkie dot com and send it as a dispatch.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Johnny Depp out there on the comeback campaign trail. They just launched a promo for his new movie Ebenezer, a Christmas Carol, and his whole image rebuilding is seeming to gain more traction.
Speaker 1: We had the whole Amber Heard thing and he ended up coming out on the top of that one. Yeah, Lisa G. Thank you to Lisa G.
Speaker 3: By the way on the way out, look at her putting one up a premium subscription over there.
Speaker 1: Let's do today.
Speaker 10: I learned the following information may make you smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky. Do what we comes today? Can? I learned this lady right here, Taylor's name, that's right there.
Speaker 7: She is.
Speaker 3: Her concert didn't sell very well, but she's still number six in our Hearts Love Me Some Taylor Dane.
Speaker 1: Her real name is Leslie Wonderman.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you needed to know that, but the song's catchy and it'll stick in your head.
Speaker 1: Here's an your word for you on the way out. Thank you so much, Fregan, how with us, We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 3: Missed any of the show, get the podcast over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time. Everybody help