Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeart Radio app. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: You are one of the kind, hosted.
Speaker 1: By Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Now one reads a book to get to the middle.
Speaker 4: Gong me Yukes, Petros and Money five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Clipper basketball coming up in less than two hours, which means we are off at six I should say three hours. We are off at six pm for Adam Ouslin's pregame. Tip off will be at seven against the Knicks. We're still in town. Lakers got a victory over New York yesterday. Clippers will try to do the same tonight and even their record at five hundred. As a matter of fact, lost of the Spurs and a heartbreaker made Wemby cry for God's sake. It was such a valiant.
Speaker 2: He's French and sense him. There's nothing wrong with going out there.
Speaker 5: If you're French. Real men show their emotions.
Speaker 2: He cried. Also when Britney Spears attacked him in Vegas when he first came to the States.
Speaker 5: That did happen?
Speaker 4: See if the Clippers can even run you all?
Speaker 2: She said, And Britney Spears said in an English accent, if you remember, well that's a After she got knocked down by Wimby's bodyguard and her glasses broke, she said, well that's America for you. If you all in of Tim Kates like peaky blinders. And I did get a text that said, did Tim call out in his peaky blinders accent at the theater at the screen? Did he go oh yeah or anything like that?
Speaker 6: I refrained from doing that. I got a couple of elbows to the side from the wife like shut up.
Speaker 2: Did you grumble like a little bit like yeah, get them to get him.
Speaker 6: Get nobody messes with the peaky blonde. Is not no fascist out there, right Tim?
Speaker 2: Please? Uh. We had a great talk with Mick cronin. We yeah, and we got another one with David.
Speaker 5: Vasse next segment, No back into this hour.
Speaker 2: Do you have it all lined up, Matt, who you're gonna have drinks with in Chicago? Like all the different guys you're gonna see, all the different cool people that you're gonna interact with, like Rick Mahorn.
Speaker 4: I believe this year it is Robert or Robert and I called a bunch of games last year. We have not done any this year. I was squeezed out of that action. So I'm back to my man. Mike Wasniak and I are calling the games. Cal Poly slows all time career three point leader and I will be on the call together. So maybe was and I grab a little something. See if Don McClain is up for it. There you go, our man. Big Brad has Uh from the Dodgers, has got a close childhood friend that runs the spot right next to Gibson's that is a fancy new hip joint that everyone's trying to get into and it's very hard. And he said he'd make a call if Don and I wanted to pop down there. The problem is with the two sessions, Like I'm in there early, Don's going to be there all night. He's not going to get out of there until probably.
Speaker 2: Two ships, two ships.
Speaker 4: Eleven o'clock two ships. You know, local time, I think because I don't believe. I don't know if they have him on the games or I think he's doing studio again.
Speaker 6: Right, No, he's calling games this time. Oh yeah, well there we go. I think he actually has got the morning sessions on Thursday Friday.
Speaker 2: Hell paint the town. Since Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Eines, there be such buddy camaraderie on the streets of Chicago. Oh sweet, shut hello me. You won't have everything I wanted.
Speaker 5: Gonna be sweet, that's good news.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck to you, man.
Speaker 4: I'm like reaching out to Don because I feel like I'm always gonna get rejected.
Speaker 5: He doesn't want to hang out with anyone.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: It is like so, it's like it's tough. It's like, do I really want to put myself out there and then get rejected?
Speaker 5: Not really? If you offer to pay though he's in, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Well, we've reached him an impact.
Speaker 5: He's making considerably more per game than I am.
Speaker 2: It's look at that. Wow, Uh, might you bring your your invoices for how much you're making? We gotta compare it.
Speaker 5: So I was gonna pick this up here.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, it's time for the word of the day.
Speaker 1: With his words, the word of the day.
Speaker 2: The word of the day is canceled. You know what I'm gonna say that one week out today was the ninth that was going to pop off a week from today. Atlanta Hawks March sixteenth, Magic City Strip Club in arena promotion. What are they gonna do with the sweatshirts? What are they gonna do with a cross promotional gear? What's tip gonna do? T I's get.
Speaker 5: To find its way to Haiti? For the children, For the children.
Speaker 2: The NBA announced it's canceled the Hawks in game promotion with Magic City, the strip club that Matt went to just for the wings, thinking that there was a stand outside.
Speaker 5: Of the strip club true story that served.
Speaker 2: Only the wings. He was mistaken, went into the strip club and never ended up getting the wing.
Speaker 5: No, it's exactly right. But I did see Lou Williams at the end of the bar.
Speaker 2: Having wings have wings Elemon Peppers. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said, we have heard significant concerns from a broad array of league states, including fans, partners, and employees, and there's a full statement about how when they found out, they were like, no, we're not let this happen. So there you go. We thought that they would cancel it, and they did. But what about the culture in Atlanta? What about the culture?
Speaker 5: Stefanski's going to bring all that culture to the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 2: And now you get you can't go get the wings in a non strip club environment like Matt wanted to originally. They're still only available at the Magic City. All right, it's time for the Number of the day. Here's my number. Number of the day.
Speaker 4: Number is one in ten. I'm a little concerned now. Perdc dot gov, about one out of every ten people who get sick with Lesionnaire's disease will die due to complications from their illness.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 4: For those who get Lesionnaires during a state of healthcare facility, of which I'm not, one out of every four will die. It says I got to either take a urine test, a laboratory test that will either take a sample of my phlegm or they will wash my lungs to determine whether or not I have Lesionaire's disease. It does say the number one way of contracting. The disease is by breathing and mist containing Lesionella bacteria. It is not spread person to person, so you guys are square. But it does say it doesn't need to be treated damn near immediately, and it is as simple as picking up an antibiotic that'll knock it out.
Speaker 2: Well, I know I'm square, I'm not even there.
Speaker 4: So and it says it can take two to fourteen days to show symptoms. Ah, come on, mad, So do I roll the dice?
Speaker 2: Win? Big mama's falling angel.
Speaker 5: S big die of lesions disease?
Speaker 2: That would be walts it all? That would be bad.
Speaker 5: It would be bad.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go down like that.
Speaker 2: No, noires, I was a little I was a little chilly, so I went to my roof hot.
Speaker 4: Tub and neglected and died. It was bad hot tub maintenance that killed your old man. Girls, I knew I should have hired someone my speakers.
Speaker 2: I knew it. But your old man's a cheapskate Matden. Wouldn't you have a guy? Oh, come on, it's small, It's just a two man.
Speaker 5: That's how it's gonna go down. Come on, I'm convinced.
Speaker 2: If Tony Bruno can survive lesionaires like he did in the seventies.
Speaker 5: Chilly, that's right, man. I went to that hotel.
Speaker 2: Man, I was there.
Speaker 5: I was there, man.
Speaker 2: We were doing the show. We had Jenna Jamison on.
Speaker 5: And I knew it. I smelled it in the air.
Speaker 2: I said, French lady that I dated before, Miss Robin.
Speaker 5: I can't breathe, Madamoise l.
Speaker 2: Roddy, this is the song of the day. It's still laughing matter.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna die, Okay.
Speaker 7: You're everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Why did you say that to it?
Speaker 1: Kate?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's all my fault has saved my life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: He's in there eating like nothing's happenings over here.
Speaker 6: I already disinfected the other studios that you can't be it can't be transmitted.
Speaker 7: Hey, tim, any leftover COVID masks lying around you and I can Oh, that's the show.
Speaker 2: You know? I never where those?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 7: ThunderCats is a singer, song writer, musician, and record producer whose musical style has certainly evolved throughout the years, from his days as a member of Suicidal Tendencies to his current interpretation of funk, soul and progressive R and B jazz fusion and them Changes is the title of today's song of the Day, because the Petros and Money Show is return to R a M radio frequency, triumphantly having sprung forward into daylight savings time, where them changes will provide some extra daylight to your commute. This great sports talk will clear the court for Clippers basketball, who tip off with the New York Knicks. It into a dome or Adam Osland. The Adam Oslin Golden Mike Winner will bring you that countdown show because it's six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thundercat. I didn't know that guy was a suicidal Tenants cool, Yeah, I didn't know that man.
Speaker 7: He replaced the original bass player.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I mean, that's like not knowing about shock g great information man, man, Lesionaires, well, you don't deserve you don't deserve this stretcher segment. Not on the e not on the eve of the Big ten tournament. Right, all right, we'll have more.
Speaker 5: I need that money to combat Lesionaire.
Speaker 2: Top story in the day.
Speaker 1: Petros papadacres that money SNA. This is Petrol send money on demand, win Big.
Speaker 2: Mama's followed Angel Welcome back, Welcome back, everybody. We're never gonna lose big not around here. Never get Petroson Money on demand Petrison Money Show podcast. We're always there on the iHeartRadio app. You can listen live or stream it later, but streaming it is the best way to listen. Whip yourself into shape the iHeartRadio app. We got clipppers. Next tonight, David Massey will join us next with the latest from the Dodgers in Maryvale. Now it's time for the top story of the day, the top story of it.
Speaker 5: Free agency.
Speaker 4: The NFL taking command of a Monday in early March happens every year. What I don't need the social media is that it takes months upon months for teams to sort through franchise tags and in house free agents and extensions and contracts being reworked. But when it comes to external players leaving their former teams for new destinations, you can crank through one hundred million dollar plus negotiations in sixty minutes. No, you can't, and your snarky tweets indicate that you know that it's not possible. So why post the message in the first place When it's a rhetorical question. The NFL does not care. There has got to be a date for the official league year to start in order for the contracts and the contract stipulations and when players are due money and when they count as a roster player and cap hits.
Speaker 2: And sallab smasher, yeah, snash.
Speaker 4: Dead cap money being spread out then because of that, because there has to be a start to the league year, this dumbass charade exists. Once called legal tampering, now called the negotiation period. Yes, snarky tweeter, all of this stuff has been discussed for the last month, and the NFL doesn't care because they want to own in the case today the ninth of March through the fifteenth of March. They don't want it to be a twenty four hour picture. They want it to be at least a seventy two hour picture. So when you start Monday morning all the way through Wednesday afternoon, you have had your three days of I don't care about the NBA, I don't care about the hockey playoff races. I don't care about spring training baseball. It is the NFL's world and they will decide when the others get to play on their playground at the guidance period. Case in point, the Miami Dolphins just chose to eat ninety nine million dollars of Tua tungo of Iloa's contract. They basically paid the guy one hundred and twenty three million dollars. That is not an exaggeration. They basically paid Tua one hundred and twenty three million dollars to play one season of football for them, a season in which he was benched for the final few games for a seventh round draft pick in Quinn Eewers. That is almost fifty million dollars more than the Marlins payroll. The Dolphins are paying tungo of i looa ninety nine million dollars to not play for them, to not be on their roster, and the Marlins payroll for twenty twenty six for all twenty six players is seventy eight million dollars. That is the cash cow that the NFL is. So before you freak out that the Dolphins gave him, Aleak Willis.
Speaker 2: I am freaked out, Matt. I can't even sleep, man, wow, man freaked out. I remember when tank for Tua was a thing. Everybody had to fee everybody, almost everybody I knew one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and twenty three million dollars for one season, ninety nine million dollars to go away, and that same team handed sixty million bucks, forty five of it guaranteed to a player that was drafted in the third round, cut by his initial team, the Titans, and has all of six starts under his belt and on his resume. Milik Willis will be the new starting quarterback in Miami. Forty five million guaranteed, little over sixty total, And that's nothing when teams can pay to a ninety nine million or Kyler Murray fifty four million dollars to not play. For them, who care? It's fake money, and when you make a mistake, you eat it, you freak.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel fake.
Speaker 4: Well for them, it certainly is not fake because I see the watches that they're wearing and the cars they be driving, and the outfits that they're tunnel walking. So it's real money. But I guess in the grand scheme of themes things as it impacts the salary crack the ability to be competitive.
Speaker 2: When you see that that that ostentatious demeanor of watches and cars, it'd be making you speak in an urban manner.
Speaker 4: Every team has missed damn I see the Rams.
Speaker 2: That's a nice outfit.
Speaker 4: With Todd Gurley, they had to eat like fifty million bucks the charge, Yeah, they missed.
Speaker 2: With J. C.
Speaker 4: Jackson, they had to eat like forty million bucks. It's happened to every team, and it's a reminder that this time of year there is reason for hope, for excitement for gms and owners who do cut the checks to tighten their butts, wondering if they're tens of millions of dollars of guaranteed money is going to work out, or if they're essentially figuratively going to set it on fire. So what do we got? I'll start with a team that saw their odds become the favorites to win the Super Bowl in twenty twenty seven when it's played at so far, the Rams decided the best way to rework the only holes on their roster was to raid the team that made seven straight AFC Championship games prior to last year, won three Super Bowls in five seasons. They traded for Trent McDuffie made them the league's highest paid corner, a contract in which he tweeted, God us great, damn Ridy is highest paid corner on a four year deal. They then signed Jalen Watson University of Washington for McDuffie, Wazoo for Watson, who was a Ventura College pirate for a couple seasons as well. Congratulations to Jalen Watson, a former seventh round pick, three years, fifty one million bucks from the Rams. Pretty awesome. And that is the thing with corners. You get him early, like McDuffie, or like Jeff Olkudo who's a third overall pick, and maybe Jeff Acuda bus out, maybe Devon Weatherspoon or Sauce Gardner, Derek Stingley high first round picks that are awesome, but there are plenty a ton of corners that end up kind of showing out that are mid round picks, like Tarheed Still for the Chargers in the fifth or Jalen Watson in the seventh, that are starter level players and elite corners. And that's a reminder why teams should be drafting corners every year because traits and instincts for that particular position, you never know how they're going to show up on the football field. The Rams brought back Cam Curl, so they are now whole on defense. That is why they are co Super Bowl favorites at the odds makers sports books with the Seahawks who lost Super Bowl MVP Kenneth Walker to the Chiefs earlier today, and that's a fine development for the Rams. They're NFC West mates San Francisco, who also won double dig games and found their way into the playoffs. Signed Mike Evans today away from the Buccaneers. As for the Bolts, they are at plus sixteen hundred, the third lowest odds in the AFC, behind the Bills and the Ravens that went up one hundred over the weekend as they upgraded their center position with Tyler Biattish, added an all Pro fullback, added an All Pro fullback and alec Ingold, while bringing back future Hall of Famer Khalil Mack, who with his eighteen million dollar deal becomes the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. I am sure Miles Garrett will blow by that in short order, as he is now making over forty million per season. As one thing that is apparent for the Chargers and this continues from the Tom to LESCo days. Joe Ortiz comes from the Ravens. They also practiced a very similar approach to free agency. They like their comp picks, they don't like to overpay, and the Chargers have always been a draft developed resign elite players at the top of the market, which they've done with Justin Herbert and Rashaun Slater and Derwin James and Joey Bosa and Mike Williams, and then guys that aren't elite. They are not going to re sign, and they'll let him walk if the free agent numbers get a little crazy. Kenneth Murray, Melvin Gordon and now at daff Aoway. I'm sure they wanted him back, but they probably wanted him back at their number. He had zero sacks before he got to LA. He gets on a line between Tuley and Khalil Mack in those third down packages and he turns it around seven and a half sacks in twelve games, then three more in the playoff game. He is a very good player, but he is now being paid more guaranteed money than Aiden Hutchinson got, and he now has an annual salary in line with back to back all pro Nick Benito. So Ortez will take the cop pick Nick Benino exactly.
Speaker 2: Guys, did he get in some trouble or his partner did.
Speaker 5: Ah, that's a good question. Wasn't Benino or what I believe it.
Speaker 2: Was the partner.
Speaker 4: It was the partner. I do think there were things that they loved about o way. They wanted him back. They have the money, but it just got a little too rich. I was surprised at the Zion Johnson at sixteen million. Seemed like that's probably in step with what he was going to get in an incredibly expensive guard market. There were things that they loved about him. He's a great teammate, he busts his ass, he's great.
Speaker 5: In the run game.
Speaker 4: And then there were things that were certainly concerning not great in past protection. Could not pick up a stunt to save his life. That was a real struggle. So maybe they just figured there's enough guys out there that they can find someone better for the same number, or someone comparable for less money. But the Chargers let their two big in house free agents leave for big free agent contracts, so kind of goes in line with how they operate. Their number one priority was to fix center. Do not go into the draft with that need, you know, forcing you to take a guy when maybe it's a little too rich. We talked about the last week. Instead, you can take a center on your own schedule and the contract looks even better today. Eleven million for Sean Ryan Piatus is a better center than he is and the Raiders, as many saw it coming three years eighty one million bucks a monster deal the high.
Speaker 2: Were you one of those people, Matt I was, you wouldn't say that if you weren't one of those people.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're absolutely right. Three years eighty one million bucks. They paid an eight and a half million dollar per year premium to get Linderbaum to leave Baltimore quickly though, to wrap the Chargers Charlie Kohler, a huge upgrade over will Disley. They needed that blocking tight end to pair with a Rondez Gadsden. It was a nice fine last year in the fifth round they got probably a better blocker and way more athletic than Will Disley, and way better in the pass catching game. So a big upgrade there. I would equate it to what the Rams got out of Colby Parkinson a couple of years when they signed him away from the Seahawks, but to the Raiders and eight and a half million bucks more than the highest paid center Creed Humphrey and seems like everybody is in the same boat.
Speaker 5: And that's who cares.
Speaker 4: What did Daniel Jeremiah, former front office scout with the Ravens, the Eagles, and the Browns say when he joined this you're gonna draft a young quarterback, you better give him the three p's, pretzels, papadakis.
Speaker 5: And porn.
Speaker 4: And if you can't give him those three things, I'm not available. You need to give him a play caller, which they hired in Clint Kubiak as their head coach play calling offensive head coach just won a Super Bowl with Sam Darnold in Seattle protection. They now have Linderbaum at center, Colton Miller at left tackle, and I would imagine at pick number fourteen part of the hall they got from Baltimore not just two ones, but a premium number one pick in that Max Crosby trade talking about one of the tackles that could be there in Freeling or Fano or take the universally love of Vega Yo Wanna out of Penn State at guard to put in front Fernando Mendoza. And they have the playmakers, Brock Bowers, Ashton Genty. They signed Jalen Naylor, who was a sneaky wide receiver that a lot of people liked, and maybe a wide receiver they do go wide receiver as well. If Carnel Tate or Malachi Lemon slide or if you feel, you know, more comfortable with the Mackay Lemon Malachai Nelson correct exactly, or if you feel comfortable with the medicals on Jordan Tyson.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Nelson would love to switch.
Speaker 4: Indeed, he probably would top of the second round. The Raiders could also pluck a wide receiver talent like Casey Conceptsion out of A and M as well. So it feels like all three teams pretty darn good opening day to free agency feeling needs to be as successful as possible. Many more moves to come, but I would say as a month day, I don't know how these teams were able to put together incredibly complex, one hundred million dollar contracts in forty minutes. It just doesn't make any sense. Yeah, it's yes, you know the answer to it. Because the NFL doesn't care.
Speaker 2: We criticize them who said that.
Speaker 4: They always do all those the the uh the collective they spy they I think spot rack or SPO track the OTC folks, they keep track of these contracts. Yes, I think PF FP t C X exactly.
Speaker 5: All right, all those.
Speaker 2: Guys picking up stunts. Isn't that easy, man and guests, Okay, picking up stunts is not the easiest thing.
Speaker 5: You're gonna make forty million bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, it's not that easy. We'll get back with David Vasse Live in.
Speaker 1: Mary Vale, Petrels, Papadakis, that money Smith, this is Petrol, Send money onto.
Speaker 5: Show some money.
Speaker 4: AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Going until six tonight is we will have Dodgers v. Diamondbacks tomorrow at one tonight, Clippers versus Nicks, so two play by play properties in the next twenty four hours. Tonight basketball, Tomorrow's spring training baseball, and you know who's gonna be at that game.
Speaker 1: David Live from Spring Training, the home of the Dodgers, with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vassi Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 2: The one and only David Vasse. I've heard a lot of pronunciations. I think it's Meryville, Marwa Valley. He's south there. David's Marwall Valley. I don't know what I mean. He's there. I guess he might be able to tell us to be there too. I know, Cactus League Dave, he's there and he's pomping it out. No Dodger talk tonight, but he's with US MLB Network Spectrum Sports a la am five seventy the best baseball reporter in the world. We say that with confidence. It is David Vasse on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline.
Speaker 3: Hello Dave, Hi, guys, it was a good start to the return to Arizona and being in Maryvale. I had a chance to visit with Dino Ebel's oldest son out of Corona, and that is Brady Ebel, wearing his dad's number ninety one. He played today. He came off the bench as the DH after Yelich came out. And he's having a great camp. He said. Pat Murphy, just to you know, keep him in check, is calling him Dino instead of his real name Brady when he comes over to big league camp.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Sun's Dave, I guess before we dig into the Dodgers, looks like e Kay's kid is really turning it on Kyle turn it into a hell of a player for the Rockies as well.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, he's had a really good spring, and he had a really good month of his major league career when the Rockies called him up last year. He's a guy that certainly had a good college career at UCLA. I know the Dodgers probably wish they would have drafted him. But the guy that passed on him is now running the Rockies with Paul de Podesta, and that's Josh Burns. So I guess he loves Kyle carosnow.
Speaker 2: The one and only David Vasse is our guest. He is in mary Vale, and I know that Davis noticed the exuberant crowds at the World Baseball Classic. I know Dave's going to enjoy the Mexico games starting off in a little while. You know, you are, Dave, what is that happening a couple of minutes? But hey, hey, sunk him got hurt today, didn't he, Dave? And that's that's a bad thing for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could have been worse. I guess he attempted to steal and the photo I saw, I saw his son Kim with a large bandage on the top of his left hand, which tells me when he tried to steal, he probably got spike and lacerated the top part of his hand. And Dave Roberts said this morning that he hasn't and the Dodgers have not gotten any word on the extent of the injury. There's a time difference, obviously, but I guess if there was something something significant, you would imagine that the Dodgers would have got words. So it could have been a lot worse. It's just a lacerated top left hand by the photos I've seen, Dave, we know.
Speaker 4: Your position on the World Baseball Classic, So let me pose this question, of all the Dodger players playing in the WBC, which of them having a monster WBC would you be most excited about and have the biggest impact on the Dodger season.
Speaker 3: Well, I honest, I believe that Kim's WBC was encouraging when he hit that game tying home run against Japan, because he had such a great start to his spring training with the Dodgers, and he may have left camp in the lead to win out the last spot on the roster, and if he continues to show that against good pitching like he faced against Japan. Then that's going to make it even more of a convincing argument. Alex Freeland did not get a hit today, so I still feel like Kim is in the lead to get that last spot for the roster. But you know, let's just keep these guys healthy. Edwin Diaz, Will Smith, Hayes on Kim, they're all important. Part Smith and Diaz obviously a lot more important. So I would say Kim is the guy that you're looking to continue his hot start to this season in the WBC.
Speaker 2: Dave's on his way to the Glendale Finneys. He has his American flag, He's dressed like a pile up creed before he got killed by Ivan Drago. That's how excited he is about USA versus Mexico tonight night.
Speaker 3: Did you guys hear the breaking news earlier today? After Terrek Scooble was getting swept in the emotion, somebody must have got to him and said, hey, you're going back to Tigers camp. And today he let Mark DeRosa know that he is leaving Team USA and rejoining the Tigers. So he will not be pitching in the championship game. If you're right, get.
Speaker 2: Dave, that's kind of the opposite of dancing around and waving your fist to live in America like a Lollo Creed. Like what you're not really you're not really inspiring a lot of patriotism here, David. Okay, let's talk.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for the Krushaw may be pitching tonight because they got their two wins and there's innings limits. So I feel like the Knight's that type of night that you might see twenty two in a USA uniform.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where at Mexico.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be keeping an eye now, Dave, let's get to nuts and bolts here. Now, the same thing happens every single year. We yell and scream about how the Dodgers have too many starters, and then opening Day comes around and you don't even know what the rotation's going to be. Your guy Snell is like unable to throw. What does the rotation look like? As the Dodgers approach opening.
Speaker 3: Day, well, Snell is getting closer to throwing his first bullpen of the spring, but still he's at a point in time where pitcher usually is weeks before spring training begins. So that's the reason why he is going to be delayed to start the year. As far as the starting rotation goes, Glass now has remained healthy, Yamamoto fingers crossed, stays healthy with Team Japan and they keep his pitch count limited. You got O'tami who is going to be treated as a regular starter like he was with the Angels before he had his second elbow surgery. And Emmit Shean, who started today for the Dodgers against the Brewers, is definitely part of this rotation, along with Justin Robleski, who is going to get an opportunity to be a starter.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: As far as that sixth spot, Roki Sasaki, the jury's still out on that. I know Dave Roberts said he's a starting pitcher, and yes, that's the way the Dodgers are viewing him to begin the year. But the Dodgers' schedule lends himself to not needing a sixth starter until maybe you know, week four at the earliest, because they have five days off in the first five weeks of the season, including the first Sunday of the regular season off after starting the year on a Thursday, So I think they're The schedule lends itself to allowing the Dodgers of Roki Sasaki to figure it out, But those would be my five.
Speaker 5: Last thing for me, Dave.
Speaker 4: The pitchers will throw a ball and hope to get strikes and not balls called. If they feel as though they were wrong, the ABS system could come into effect. I'm sure you've seen this story. You know the catchers, well, they have the worst successful challenge rate in the MLB this spring. Eighteen percent of their batter initiated challenges, twenty seven percent of their defense initiated challenges, and their total challenges versus expected is a worst minus nine point three. Are they just kind of doing what the Dodgers do and trying to work on this thing, or should we be at all concerned that they aren't seeing things right?
Speaker 3: Well, first and foremost, I did talk to Will Smith before he left for the World Baseball Classic, and he said the strategy when the Dodgers are pitching is for Will Smith to handle the challenges. Now, Will Smith has not caught the majority of innings this spring. It's Dalton Rushing and other backup catchers, so I think that explains that part of it. But as far as the strategy goes, Will Smith made it clear the pitchers need to concentrate on making pitches and leave the challenges up to him as far as the batters go. Freddie Freeman made it clear to me as well after his first game that he and other Dodgers want to see how this all works and what the strike zone is, so they're not going into spring training games with a specific strategy, more of an experimental situation to figure out what the strike zone is. How low is the strike zone? So that explains the numbers that you just laid.
Speaker 2: Out, beautiful man, Thank you, Dave, great job.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, guys, enjoy it should be a great game tonight. I enjoyed a major league spring training game earlier today that has major consequence on the Dodgers. Three pete. I don't know how this has any consequences on anything tonight, dare.
Speaker 2: You and you're just gonna say Apollo Creed died for nothing.
Speaker 3: I mean it was just an exhibition, all right, Dave.
Speaker 2: Have a great night and we'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, thanks, he.
Speaker 2: Goes just an exhibition. Take it easy. We'll be right back with more petros and money on a f I seventy LA Sports Quick hits, fin All, Our Fun Fact, follow Up Story and Dead and Alive, and then we'll get you the clippers Necks where you want to go