Speaker 1: It's good to have Shannon back. Shannon back from vacation. Well, I guess would you call it a would you call it a vacation?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would call it a field trip with an eight year old. Yeah, there was nothing relaxing about it. We did a lot of stuff. We did a lot of museums, we did a lot of walk in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you you did what I I recommend this. I've done this with all my kids. I tell you, it's the greatest memories ever. And after having Luke have a birthday yesterday, we were recalling some of these trips that you went on. You took Smith on a one on one trip. You've done it with Lucy before. This is your first time with Smith though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I told it it was so fun. He picked Washington, d C. By the way, So I said, you could go anywhere you want to go, not not anywhere crazy, Like we're not picking Hawaii for a weekend trip, because he would he'd be like, I want to go to Spain.
Speaker 4: He'd picked somewhere crazy. But he picked Washington, d C. Because he really wanted to take a picture in front of the White House.
Speaker 1: That was his thing.
Speaker 3: Which is funny because you cannot take a picture in front of the White House at the moment. It's completely blocked off on all four sides by a fence and then like this big black tarp covering the fence because they're doing construction.
Speaker 1: Are you usually able to just walk right up pretty much?
Speaker 4: I mean there's like a park on.
Speaker 3: All sides of it, but you can get you can get close enough to take a really great photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We smid disappointed at all because of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but you know whatever, we did other things.
Speaker 4: It was so fun. We went to all the museums and I saw.
Speaker 1: You got right up to the Capitol. We actually got in the Capitol too, right.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something.
Speaker 3: I had some help from the Keldyan Chamber of Commerce and they reached out to Congresswoman Haley Stevens, who is my district and so one of her employees who's actually from Wayne Wesleyan and his name is Brian Gallagher, so if you're part of his family. He was awesome and he took us on a private tour of the capital, which is cool.
Speaker 1: We actually were going to have her on this morning to see if you stole anything, just a beg of chips. But they said, they said that her schedule is busy. I said, what about six o'clock in the morning. You can wake up, roll over, grab the phone. Nobody's busy at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is kind of cool to go, and anybody can do that. By the way, you can go and go to your congress woman or man's office and ask for a tour and they'll go, you'll go right in there and they'll think, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's actually his really name. That's where the power is right there in that building. And that, by the way, the center, they say that center of our country is right there. What's some of the things you see on this tour?
Speaker 3: On the Capitol Building tour, I mean you go on the house floor that you see all the you know, you see on TV all the time, the.
Speaker 1: State of the Union is and everything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they take you down it's very small.
Speaker 3: They take you down in the tunnels that connect the Capitol to all the buildings around it. So Smith thought that that was cool some of it. He was like, Mom, I'm.
Speaker 1: It's like old buildings that don't smell as old as they should smell, Right, He was.
Speaker 3: Like, Wow, there's a Panera bread in the tunnel underground for all these employers.
Speaker 1: That was cool. Oh that's actually it's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: They have their own post office, dry cleaners, Panera wowment under there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got a police department, Capitol Police. Remember that. We learned a lot about That's where they were there January. Everybody was underneath Donalds. They were all hiding the Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it was fun. It was fun.
Speaker 3: You know, traveling with an eight year old is always very interesting. Smith managed to get a fake knife through TSA a dt W, which was really awesome as his mom to discover.
Speaker 1: When did you discovery?
Speaker 3: Well, so we were supposed to leave Saturday morning and super long story short, we ended up not leaving until twelve hours later on Saturday evening because of flight cancelations and delays and it was a huge back hale. But when we first got there in the morning, we get through TSA and we're sitting at our gate waiting for our flight and he always brings a backpack of crap on every trip we go, and I never know what's in this backpack. He just knows not to have liquids in there, like a bottle of water or whatever.
Speaker 4: So he's pretty smart.
Speaker 3: But it's like his blankies, some stuffed animals, some toys, his Nintendo switch, it's you. Those are usually the things in this backpack of crap. So he opens it up and he's like, Mom, can I do a haul off my backpack things that I brought? I'm like, sure, we've got some time. One of the things he pulls out is a fake knife that looks incredibly real until you feel it, and it's one of those like toy knives that if you push it again something it goes in, like it retracts or whatever. But it looks legit, and I'm like, how in the heck did you get this through TSA? Also, go throw it away right now before we get arrested. I'm like, we can't bring this home in Washington, d C. They will put us in jail. But the stuff you can get through TSA with, I'm honestly surprised we didn't get stopped.
Speaker 1: You know what, as long as it's not liquid, as long as it's not a bottle of shampoo, yeah, bag.
Speaker 3: Plato, slime needles or viral dumplings. They told us you can't get those through, but you can get a fake knife through.
Speaker 1: You can you can bring down an airplane with shamboo. But uh so, okay, so you're freaking out thinking we're gone, they're going to detain it.
Speaker 3: Well, we got we're going Detroit, but I'm thinking DC is not going to be the same that happened.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's crazy. I have had, uh the they'll pull stuff out of my bag and say you can't go through on the way homes more than on the way there.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: And I think it's because and it could be I could be wrong. TSA. People can tell me this and you'll have to call and tell us what did you get through security or what did you almost get through security? Eight four four Mojo Live or text nine five five zero zero. I think that our machines are high tech and they can determine threat or not threat. Like there's something to those because you know how they change those machines. Now you have to put them on. You have to put everything in a bin and they go through that what looks like I don't know, like A yes, yeah, but yeah. When I come home from places, they're like, right over here, sir, is this your stuff? As we don't touch anything, and they put it behind the screen and they're like one by one going through everything here chargers vibrator. Honestly, they go through everything and they like what is that? And I have like things in my bag that like our radio type stuff, like I have like little the little microphones, like kind of you guys do the little fur I've seen you on your social media, like I have one of those and thinks they're like looking at it, like like what is that all about? But Smith with a fake knife is absolutely funny. Can I can I go back to something you brought up earlier and I didn't want to interrupt you because I thought it was so priceless and reminded me of it. I did the same thing with all my kids where I said, you pick anywhere you want to go, And I think I did this with Jacob where he went through all of grade school and did not get anything less than an a Jacob threw out from kindergarten all the way through eighth grade. And I said, we're going to celebrate if you can make it through the last We're going to take you on a trip anywhere I said, in the world, anywhere in the world. This kid. Could have We could have been in Africa on the back of elephants, you know what I mean. We could have been we could we could have been hanging out in Paris at the cap On Kid, the Eiffel Tower. We could have been in Wyoming hanging out with the Yellowstone guys. Guess where we were Cedar Point, Minneapolis, Minnesota, the Mall of America. We went to the Mall of America. He was obsessed with Nickelodeon and they had a Nickelodeon theme park in the Mall of America. That's where we went. I hanging out in the Mall of freaking America. What Honestly, I was happy it was now I was I was happy. It was a hub. It was a Delta Hub. And I got there fast. I say, Milan, I said, what's up, Cindy, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Bie?
Speaker 5: So we went through TSA in Detroit and my daughter was only eight years old at the time. She had a small little coach elongated crossbody on and she forgot to take it off whatever. She was eight, and it stopped her and they pulled her over and they took her purse and they had it for like forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: What he going through it? What was in it?
Speaker 6: All she had was you know, her phone and she had her tablet and like that's all we knew that was in there, Like we didn't know anything, like she said, man, not since house is.
Speaker 1: In there, Like yeah, yeah, by the way, and she's eight years old. And the funny thing is I always see where they'll pull aside and they will do everything they can on an eight year old and a ninety eight year old, Like the lady from the wedding singer is getting like accosted by a t s a person. He suspected it, Like, what is going on, Kelly, what's up? It's mojo in the morning.
Speaker 5: The first time, I just.
Speaker 7: Wanted to say, I was going through Seattle to see my daughter and I got through with.
Speaker 2: Road blunt are.
Speaker 1: What are we doing? You had to roll one?
Speaker 2: When I got to her house, I was like, oh my god, I got through with this and they.
Speaker 8: Even had the dogs out of everything.
Speaker 1: Did you where did you have it?
Speaker 7: It was in my It was inside the luggage.
Speaker 9: Inside it was.
Speaker 1: Rolled up inside of a piece of tissue.
Speaker 2: Paper like that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's crazy because.
Speaker 2: They opened up my bag of em and l's but they didn't.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they didn't take those away. You need those after that roll blunt you got there.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me dogs that they have are not for drugs, they're for b Yeah.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, right, Yeah, I've heard that. What's up is it? Gemma?
Speaker 7: Guess?
Speaker 1: Hey? What's up? How are you good? How are you good? What's going on? What did you get through in security?
Speaker 7: My husband had shut his cigar ship the blade.
Speaker 1: Oh the yeah, cigar cutter. Cigar cutters are interesting because I think the only thing you could pretty much do with the cigar cutter is cut your finger or thumb off, you know. But they well, it depends on how big your genus is.
Speaker 7: My husband had given me his mom's nails. It was an antique nail set. Yeah, they made me take that out and throw that away.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a nailson the nail like nail cutters and stuff. Watch out clip. Yeah one looks more like I guess a knife or something like that. Uh, Tyler, what's going on? How you doing? Tyler? Hey?
Speaker 9: Good morning guys. I just thought this one was kind of funny. So I didn't get it through security, but out of my way back to Detroit from the Naval Academy and I had a brand new pack of deodorants and then a laptop charger with like the little black box and wires wrapped around, and it was sitting on top of the deodorant and they thought it looked like organic material and a little deodorant shape with two it looks like a box cylinders with wires in a black box. Yeah, they were freaking out and they called over the bomb guy and they were questioning me, like what do you have in the two K And I know, I couldn't think of it. I had no idea what they were talking about. And then finally he opened it up and he's like, oh, like you're fine.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, it looks kind of crazy. Chelsea had something crazy happened to her on a recent flight. She was on the flight and they delayed the flight two hours because three people had batteries that were on there, those lithium batteries and they they right as their to go down and the guy goes, hey, I've got these lithium batteries. There were batteries for something like a laptop or something, and they stopped the plane because they said that it could cause a fire. And I'm thinking to myself. If a lithium battery is that bad on an airplane, how is it that you're even allowed to have a lithium battery because that wouldn't that be the nine to eleven thing, you know, where they would take down airplanes with just some lithium battery two hour delay? Because yeah, what's the clot at? What's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: I have a story to tell.
Speaker 10: When my kids were younger, we were on our way to Disney World, and before that, my dad had taken them to a and Willow Run to a World War two exhibition. Unbeknownst to me, he got them bullets.
Speaker 7: So yeah, and we were going through PSA I can relate to stand and their backpacks are filled with all kinds of stuff I don't know. And we got pulled over and they're pulling out all these shells, these bullet cells from World War two.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can't. You can't play with bullets or guns or anything like you. Actually you ammunition has to go underneath, even if it's from World War Two.
Speaker 7: I had no idea, mortified that people are looking at you.
Speaker 1: Like I've seen guys I've had. I had a guy in front of me when I was flying once that they pulled out of his bag a gun and there he was like what is he And he was like, oh my god, I use this bag for work and I carry my gun with me to work every time. Like, oh my god, how that? Well, it's crazy.
Speaker 8: They really take people like in the back in search them see it on the movies, plastic gloves and like, you know, well, they always ask you if they have to do your pants and stuff, if you want to be more private area.
Speaker 1: I usually say, how comfortable is it? Listen to this one, Josh, what did you try to bring on a plane.
Speaker 2: So I was like eighteen, and I was traveling between other in California and Oregon, and I I had a girlfriend at the time, and she she acquired snakes all python not that big a deal, but apparently you can't just ship snakes.
Speaker 8: You think.
Speaker 2: And there. So this was before the movie came out, right, And uh so I'm like, okay, well, listening with that big a deal, I'll just get a box, put some holes in it, throw them in there, put it in a backpack. It'll be fine. Everything will be fine. Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was standing there with a snake in each hand making a big tea in security while they were wanding me down. Call my ride that dropped me off at the airport to come and get these things, and uh someone had to drive them out from CALIFORNI orgon.
Speaker 1: No offense to you, but if I'm sitting next to you in twenty four D, I'm gonna want you to move. I don't know if I want the box with the snakes there next to me. I don't even like the lady with the freakin' puppy, you know what I mean.