Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: Friday Morning, Scott Flung show roll them on seven hundred WW have football this weekend football, the Lore Army Navy game this weekend bold match as are all set up and the college playoffs exciting, and we have the Bengals in action at four to nine against them Baltimore Ravens at six and seven. Since then, I of course whooped them up good on Thursday. Are Thanksgiving nine on Thursday and Baltimore coming off a loss to Pittsburgh, and certainly Baltimore has a little bit more to play for the Bengals this weekend. But nonetheless it is the freezer Ble Part two. Dan Horde is here ready to go. He's got his thermal underwear, his battery powered coat. I think a couple space heaters in the booth next to Dave lap them. Hopefully Lap generates some heat and all will be well. On Sunday afternoon, Daniel, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Sonny. I need to go get some of those hand warming things that you like. You you know, crack the bag open and it gits there in your pocket or and your gloves. I need to get some of those. By saying I had some else did you described, But I knew some of those, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I got some extras. But it's weird because they don't really warm as well as you. I mean, it's okay, but just that little rectangles alid heats, it really doesn't transfer. You got to have those thermal gloves, the battery operated coach, Those are nice. I do have one of those. Those are those are pretty good?
Speaker 3: All right? Good?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Prepared?
Speaker 2: Hit the team shop there on the way into the game, Dan, and load up for crying out loud. Bengals lost in snowy Buffalo, speaking of cold weather. That was a tough one. Before we move on to Baltimore. You know, we'll get to the Joe Burrows stuff here. You know, the first peck certainly was all a great play by forty seven, but first pick was all him. Second one was just the right place, right time. Not all Joe on this one, and the Bengals not enough stops on third and fourth down inability to stop tight ends. Josh Allen ran away and twenty one points in the fourth quarter. Was just a heartbreaker for this team.
Speaker 3: Twenty one points in three minutes. It's crazy. Yeah, what a game. I mean, that was game. It was super fun to call. The end result was bitterly disappointing as a Bengals person, but the game was commend and yeah, Joe Burrow was close to perfect, but not quite and unfortunately he needed to be because of the way the Bolls were playing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just a fun atmosphere. I was at the game and it was just a fun atmosphere all around. Bengals fans were cool. We had a good time. But now we just had his press conference Joe Burrow and your take on what he said. I think it's just, you know, again we're looking for the hot take here. Joe Burrow said, you know, if I want to keep doing this, I have to fun doing it. I've been through a lot and if it's not fun, then what am I doing it for. So that's the mindset I'm trying to bring to the table on his birthday. I think way too much is you know, I get it.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's about the busitiness and headlines and clicks and all that as well. Yeah, I mean he just over the last year. I mean he made sure deals got done for his two receivers as well as Trey Hendrickson and they did, So where's he going to go? And why? It just it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, I'm glad that you have a reasonable look at this. I felt the same way when I started watching ESPN yesterday. I was like, did I just sit in the same room and then witnessed this news conference completely differently from the rest of the world. I mean to say that, well, clearly he wants out. Is the most irresponsible, fake psychologist degree analysis of some of these news conference I've ever seen. Yeah, he hasn't been happy the last through three or four years, would you be. He's been hurt, he's been in constant rehab, and the team hasn't been winning. So I don't blame him for not being happy. I don't think anybody in the building has been particularly happy. It's been rough. The key is to turn it around as quickly as possible, and nobody is more determined to do that than Joe Burrows. So I do think that the one thing we know for sure was that it was his birthday. Not only that, but it was his twenty ninth birthday. And I think a lot of people have a reaction to that particular number, or a lot of birthdays that end with nine, because it does represent the end of something, and I think in Joe Burrow's case, he probably looked at twenty nine I thought, you know what, I'm not going to be able to do this forever, and I sure hope as a team we can get this turned around as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really yea. I mean it's a good point right at the end of a decade here of life. So I'm gonna be thirty next time we do this, and that's a milestone. Uh. Some people have harder. You have a hard time with birthdays, Dan.
Speaker 3: I don't never have, you know, partly because I'm as immature at my current age as i was when I was eighteen. So I feel like I haven't changed at all, despite the physical decline that has rapidly occurred over the years. But mentally, I'm just saying stupid more on that I always was.
Speaker 2: Right right, You're just an older, dumber version of those. Sorry, I get it there, one hundred percent. All right, Well, segue to this injuries real quick here. Trey Hendrickson done for the season and probably saw his last game as a Bengal.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that I would be surprised if he came back. They could franchise tag him, but I don't expect there to be, you know, a contract extension. Certainly they've been a hard time getting those done over the last couple of years. I don't know why I would be easy now. So yeah, I would assume that this is it for Tray and let's hope the Bengals take that thirty million that he's getting and put it toward somebody else that can really help that defense, or a couple of guys that can help that defense.
Speaker 2: Right the other side of the ball for the Yeah, for the Bengals, here is t Man. You know, we saw him go down and even Bill fans are like it was kind of quiet because he saw him like sit up and it's on the big board. And it happened a couple of times where his head made contact effort. You know, he made some incredible catches where I touchdown. It was unbelievable. One hand should have been a flag too on top of that. But nonetheless, great great TV. But Struck has had a couple of times he's limited. He was limited this week. But where do things stand with him? I'm worried about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's a couple of well, one confirmed concussion and then this week in concussion protocol. I don't know specifically if he was diagnosed with another concussion, but he had symptoms, so he got to go through the protocol. And when it's the second time in three weeks, you take it super carefully. So the turf is going to be really hard on Sunday because of a single degree temperatures. I would guess that the contrussion protocol people, the independent neurologists will probably err on the cautious side and leave him out. But I don't know that for a fact.
Speaker 2: I would take if he played, he'd be wearing the you know, the helmet bubble at least, right, that's.
Speaker 3: A good idea. I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, that's something else he could do if he chooses to. You know, the thing is, I have not talked to Tea since the game on Sunday. I've seen in the building a couple of times. He looks fine. I mean, you know, again, he's been limited in practice, so I think he's probably doing okay, But just because of the twice in three weeks factor, they might make sure that he stays out for another game that you know, you got to take this very seriously for that particular injury.
Speaker 2: I was actually surprised with the conditions. And you know in Buffalo as calls it was with a with a hard turf as you mentioned Dan, because that's artificial, that he wasn't wearing it. Then that that kind of surprised me. Other side of the ball thought, pretty good if this doesn't happen. But Mark Andrews, it's not the same guy he was. But Bengals have a tough problem with tight ends. As we mentioned with the Bills loss, Mark Andrews was limited and the Rashod Bateman limited as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a problem with tight end is crazy. You know, they've given up roughly three hundred more yards to tight end than any other team in the NFL. I think it's at least five more touchdowns to tight ends than any other team in the in the NFL. So it's just been a recurring nightmare. And in that first Baltimore game, it was Isaiah Likely that had a really good game except for fumbling when he was going in for a forty four yard touchdown. When you know Jordan Battle hustled and managed to rip the ball away just as the ball was about to cross the goal line, or those numbers would be even better. So yeah, that's the key. Not having Mark Andrews helped Cincinnati, although I say likely is really good too.
Speaker 2: What do you attribute that to the problem that the Bengals had all season? And you can go back to last year a little bit too as well, with tight ends.
Speaker 3: I think it's two things. I think the rookie linebackers from a position group standpoint of the biggest problem. I don't think that they've handled that part of the job very well at all. And then secondly, I do think it's kind of a matter of you know, what you prioritize as a defense. So if your number one priority is to make sure that the ball doesn't get thrown over your head, you're not going to give up any sixty or seventy yard touchdown passes. Then it just stands to reason that the middle part of the field is probably going to be at least a little more open, But that doesn't account for how open it's been. You know, it's okay to make that your priority. The Bengals certainly aren't the only defense in the NFL. That does, but you still ought to be able to do a better job at handling the intermediate part of the field.
Speaker 2: They have, Yeah, And I mean what Zay Flowers had one hundred and twenty four I think against Pittsburgh only two catches against the Bengals of Thanksgiving, So you can corral him isaa likely? You mentioned him. I think had almost one hundred yards last week as well too. So there's got to be a shift involved here with the Bengals, and that's something they got to focus on the off season for sure.
Speaker 3: You know one thing that they've done in recent years that they haven't done as much this year is have kind of a tight end stopper on the team. When they went to the Super Bowl, they had a guy named Trey Flowers that that was his specific role and he was really good at it. And I think looking at the current roster, I kind of thought that they could use Djivy in that role. He's near the bottom of the totem pole for defensive backs on the team, but he's a tall guy with long arms. He's kind of looks like somebody who would be ideally suited to cover a tight end in certain situations. I'm a little bit surprised they haven't gone to that more often than they have now.
Speaker 2: Dan Horde on the matchup Sunday, it's going to be cold as the Bengals and the Ravens go at it at pay Court Stadium, Dan and lamp with the call of course here on Home of the Best. Bengals covered seven hundred WLW last time they met, Bengals Hadmar Jackson who I think fifty three percent completion and what they had five turnovers and that it was insane. He has thrown I believe, correct me if I'm wrong one touchdown in four interceptions over the last handful of games. Not the same Lamar Jackson that we're used to seeing at the time of the year, any year for that matter. Well, I know he's had some injuries with a hamstring right, and missing practices too. I think he had the maybe a tow as well. How do you explain what has happened to Lamar Jackson this season?
Speaker 3: I think you just did. I think he's hurt. I think when you watch him play, I mean, I give him credit, he's out there trying to get his team to the playoffs, but he's hesitant to take off and run. You can see it. There are multiple situations in every game where normally he's off to the races and it's going to be at least a ten yard run because that's you know, Lamar, and nobody's done that better in his career than him. Now he's really reluctant to do it. When he does take off and run, he'll get a few yards, but he'll head to the sideline. He'll not Serpentine is way up the field for huge games. So I just think in watching his play, you can clearly tell that his legs are not one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I saw some highlights last week's Steeler game goes you know, we're on the road of Buffalo last week, and it even is like his throwing doesn't look quite right. And obviously, you know, if you're injured, especially if it's a hamsterring or something, it's going to affect how you throw the football as well.
Speaker 3: So it's a double edged sword. I think that's what it is too. I think if your legs are not one hundred percent as a quarterback, it affects everything. You know, the good thing about Joe Burrow's toe injury this year is that it's the left big toe, which in terms of throwing is probably like one of the least significant body parts. You're landing on it, So in that sense it can be painful, but it doesn't involve the plant to push off the things that generate power for a quarterback. But if you've got hamstring growing issues, the type of things that I think Lamar's been dealing with this year, that affects your throwing. Not to the same extent as you're running, but it certainly affects all of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a whole mechanism as well too, And Joe's got that plate in there. Hopefully that that answers that question. Back to week thirteen, they shut down the Bengals. Did Derrick Henry pretty damn well had one twenty eight yard run. Other than that, it was just like three and a half yards per carry. And I'll now look at you know, Buffalo different kind of a little bit different there because Josh Allen was a little more ambulatory than Lamar Jackson was. But the run game was fairly successful, I guess against the Bengals. The Bills did with James Cook, how do you stop him again? This week? And on Sunday Derek Henry, and I would also factor in Keaton Mitchell into the mix as well. Who Keaton Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Keithon Mitchell's really fat, great contract with Derrick Henry. Well, the way you stop it is prioritizing stopping it and hope that you don't get killed by Lamar's arm, hope that he's still not one hundred percent doesn't throw well as he normally would. It's interesting because I've talked to a couple of Baltimore reporters this week for various shows that I do, and both of them have hit on the same theme. Baltimore is not giving it to Derrick Henry enough or like he's only I think he's had one game this year with more than twenty five carries, maybe something like that. And both of these people were like, I can't believe they're just not feeding to them, feeding it to them play after play after play. So I said to these guys, I hope the offensive coordinator is not listening to this show because as a Bengals fan flash broadcaster, I don't want to see Dereck Henry get it a million times if we have single digit temperatures and snowy surface on Sunday, Derrick Henry might get it thirty times, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean you go back to Thanksgiving nights. Cincinnati dominated the time of possession as well, and it was like seventeen minutes more than Baltimore ad and just control the clock, control the clock. I feel like that should be especial with the weather. The way is, that's what we're looking at. Can they replicate what they did Thanksgiving to Sunday, Dan.
Speaker 3: Hort, They can't replicate getting five takeaways. No, that was the biggest reason why there was such a disparity in the time of possession. That's not going to happen again. But can they win the turnover ratio battle? Can it be plus two? If it's something like that, they have got a very good chance of winning.
Speaker 2: Well, we just mentioned Lamar has been you know, turnover prone the last handful of games. I would imagine that continues on Sunday because especially because of the conditions.
Speaker 3: Well I hope. So, you know, Lamar in his career, he hasn't thrown a ton of interceptions. He's always been good in that category. He has fumbled a decent amount of times. He doesn't protect the ball as well when he moves around as Joe does. When you watch Joe, he's always got two hands on the ball. It's one of the great things from a fundamental standpoint that Joe Burrow does as well as anybody. But Lamar he'll hold that thing out there a little bit and you get the opportunity to punch it away. It's one of the reasons why Lamar does not have a great playoff record. He's bumbled in the playoffs a lot. So he coughed it up a couple of times in that Thanksgiving night game, and that'd be nice to see again, would be.
Speaker 2: Of course, you're doing the game on Sunday at one o'clock with Dave Lapham at pay Corp in a very very cold game at that coldest game you've ever broadcast KC maybe last year.
Speaker 3: It was at New England Christmas Eve twenty twenty two. That was cold. That was brutally cold. The Bengals team plane had to make an emergency landing on the flight home on Christmas Eve, I think somewhere in the New York City area, if I recall, because one of the engines was out. That was an eventful Christmas Eve, but the Bengals won the game thanks to Von Bell stripping Ramandre Stevenson inside the ten in the final minute to preserve the victory. And the great thing I always remember about that game, Sonya, it was brutally cold, I mean crazy cold. That Joe Burrow completed forty passes. That's his career high, the most passes he's ever completed in a game came in the coldest game that he's ever played in. So when the Bengals have these bad weather games and people wonder, well, Gia, they're going to be able to pass the ball if it's not really windy, The answer is yes, because for Joe Burrow it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't right arm, strike, deliver it right on the target like he always does. It was like in aberration last week that the pick six that he had. You don't see that from Joe. Other quarterbacks you do, You don't see that from Joe Burrow. You also got basketball, Dan, are you excited about you? I mean your court side. You have a climate controlled situation there. You gotta love that.
Speaker 3: They're not opening the roof in Atlanta tomorrow. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: That's what you gonna look like hockey where they play outside.
Speaker 3: That's what you need in February. Be a neat twist. Yes, the Bearcats are headed to Atlanta for a supposedly neutral site game against the University of Georgia, but obviously much closer to Athens, Georgia than Cincinnati. It's a big game. Georgia's eight and one Bearcats have been disappointing to this point, at least in their last few games, so this would go a long way toward flipping the script back toward the positive. They if they could find a way to win this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, give you some amentum going to the conference. Play Dan Horde again at one o'clock on Sunday with the call, but I always appreciate it. Stay warm, I'll try.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Tony, are your best. See you.
Speaker 2: We'll talk next week and we'll get a news update in now on this cold Friday morning, not as cold is gonna be Sunday, for sure, Dodd's a bullet with the snow. The only problem with that is Round two is coming, and so far, unless the forecast models change as we get closer to tomorrow, we're going to get that two to five inches for sure, and then the bitterly cold temperatures after that. Here we go full details and weather unless I just I just gave away the lead there. But traffic impacted by this as well too. On this Friday morning, Scott's flown after news back then on seven hundred W Scott's flowing. This is seven hundred wtwy head on the weekend, all usual suspects are here. Of course, get to Austin Elmore a little bit like at ten thirty five, a little more sports this weekend. Good luck if you're going to the Bengals game, and don't freeze to death, please and thank you, thank you. Although I wonder if you're a Bengal fan. I just wonder if you're going to the game, it's going to be unbelievably cold out a ten degrees. It's going to feel like well below zero. Seave your Ravens fan'll have a chance there. You know, you're kind of in the hunt, but the Bengals, for all tons and purposes out of it. Wait to look at that and go, I don't know, I might be It's yeah, it's not like the Freezer Bowl, or if you're playing as Dan Hortes said, or you're playing it, you know New England. There's playoff implications on my playoff game. It's a different story. You want to be there, but this is like what what's the point? I don't know. Yeah, I saw this on the ashon as I flipping around in the news last night and saw the every year that you have to do this. It's the tree safety thing where they show a Christmas tree in a living room, which is not a real living room obviously, it's a training thing the fire department uses. You see this huge blaze, just the trees on fire, and it takes no time at all to consume the entire room because be careful with your Christmas lights in the tree. Is that the new version of razor blades and needles and Halloween candy? You know, for years we've talked about the myth about razor blades, poison and things in Halloween candy. I'm usually one to happens it's like a factory or something, a piece of metal and something. But you know, there aren't people out there checking your kids Halloween candy. No one's poisoning kids with Halloween candy. It's a live sale. Used to be not long ago, all right, it was long ago actually where they you know, you can bring your kids candy to a hospital X ray it for you. It's like, why did you ever find No, we never did, but there's stories about there the kids getting the razor blade in candy. No, it's it's pretty much based on a falsehood. Now, there have been cases, individual cases where someone has tainted stuff, but it's been completely obvious, like why are you, well, who would do that? You'd put it and you'd know who was handing out that candy. So if you want to get caught, that's that's pretty much it. But I wonder if the Christmas tree thing now is you know, back in the day, if the history of the Christmas tree. Of course you go back one hundred plus years ago, people would light their Christmas tree and they put it up on Christmas Eve. Actually I don't know how long they keep it up, but it wouldn't be a lot long. Christmas Eve they would put the Christmas tree up and decorate it with tinsel and all that other stuff. But they would have maybe put a candle or two on the tree as a way to light the tree. And then someone learned, well that's not a good idea. Hot wax and a tree, and that's probably why they put it up on Christmas Eve and it wasn't all dried out. They didn't leave it there for the better part of a month or two like most of us too. Right, if you get a real tree too, it's expensive af so you want to put that thing and probably taking it down by June. At this point, I want to try and get my money's worth out of the sucker. It goes up around Halloween and I won't bring that down until Martin Luther King Day. But on that I just wonder how many people are you know here the stats on Christmas tree, this Christmas tree, for I just wonder, is it really the Christmas tree that's causing that? I mean, there's people with negligence and everything else. It's not like we have candles on anymore. And even the old school lights like you once had, and there's probably some hangers on, but on the lights now are led like. It's very very low voltage and it produces very little. Everything produces heat, but pretty much no heat. And so what what actually is going to catch on fire? How is a tree going to catch on fire unless you're using you know, a string of lights that's been handed down for three generations, probably not gonna happen, and just you know, nothing wrong to be in safety. But maybe this is a big deal of Christmas tree fires gone, all these Christmas tree fires. I'm just curious. Maybe you're I don't know, a firefighter on the job or something like that had a fire. But yeah, these days it seem and now all that I didn't even mention the proliferation of fake trees, which are much less likely to catch on fire because of ondo ridal laboratories and the restrictions they have. So if mark people have artificial trees and have real trees and they're lit by LEDs, I don't see what the problem is. I don't see what the problem is. By the way you're getting where you're going today, it's fairly easy that the roads are just wet right now at this point. When I rolled in earlier this morning, much early this morning, it was pretty much driving at regular speeds. It was just wet, no ice whatsoever. There's some spots out there. Obviously the forecast that was a little bit off. And I won't blame the climate terrorists because yesterday or even last night, They're like, yeah, the models aren't looking like we're gonna get all the snow we once thought. Okay, you revised that stuff. I get it for tomorrow. We're still looking at three to five in some areas. Now, could that change in the next few hours. Sure, we'll find out if it does. But I can almost guarantee is the reason why we don't have the snow we were expecting. You can thank me. You can thank me. Years ago I found a Toro snow thrower, like a little it's a little tiny, you know, twenty one inch gas pard one and I've had that thing for forever and it has not worked properly in the last two years. So I went, I bought A couple of years ago, I buy a carburetor. I boy, all this sudden, like I think it needs a new carburetor. I'm not a small engine or engine guy, more of a wood guy, but know enough about it to be dangerous. So yesterday I said, okay, well, I'm gonna get the snowblower out of the out of storage, pull that thing out of my workshop and actually work on it. And there's like, you know, there's mouse poop in it. Some I found some shelves of acorns in there. I guess a mouse was having a good old time living in the carburetor or the air thing where the air cleaner. There's no air cleaner in it. Airfill turned out. I was like, okay, well I probably did. Took the whole thing apart, put the new carburetor in, did everything I was supposed to do. Two poles fired right up. Man, spend a good three hours working on a thing, just make checking, making sure everything worked the way it should be is with my limited scope and knowologe on small engines, so I was able to pull that out, like okay. I spent a little quality time in the garage by myself. You know, my wife's not coming out there because it's cold. I'm spending me time, just me and my thoughts. Enjoyed my enjoyed my work. Pulling tools off the truck and rebuild my snowblower. Got it all cleaned out, got the gum gun, carbon cleaner, all that stuff. Good three hours doing this stuff, put it all back together. Every screw and washer was accounted for. Nothing was like, where the hell did this come from? It all worked, had one broken bolt for the cover, but that was about it. I can live without that. Got it going, got into two poles. That baby fired up and smooth as linoleum friends smooth. And once I got that going, I said, you watch, will not get enough snow to fire this thing up. And guess what happened. Not enough snow to fire that thing got the got an decade and a half old snowblower, probably destroying the atmosphere by itself, but running smooth as the top and no snow to applow. So I've done it for the year. It's almost guaranteed tomorrow we will not get any snow or for the rest of the season because I put the effort in and I did that not only for me, but for ut You can thank me. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas. It's a Scott Sloan show on seven hundred WW News and just about eight minutes also going on today, we have Red's tickets going on sale at noon. By the way, if they signed College Schwarber, if they would have signed him, you think they would have made up that five million dollar gap just on Jersey and ticket sales alone probably come pretty close to it. One could imagine. I'll talk to Austin Elmore about that coming up. We have another city in America that is banning e cigarettes. So the reason why is, and there's a correlation here with the THC and CBD ban in Ohio. More on that in just a second, is that they don't want young people vaping. This is all about protecting the children. However, since twenty nineteen, overall rates of nicotine vaping have declined among teenagers. Those that continue to use it, though, seem like that they are getting more and more addicted, as you would guess because it is nicotine. But the study that was part funded by the National Institute of Health found the majority of young people who try to stop vaping couldn't mainly because they tried to quit on their own, and there's vehicles to quit from vaping. And I know people, it's like, man, you know, you can just breathe air without it smelling like something. It's like water. You get your glass of water, doesn't have to taste like something all the time. Same with air. They make air now you just breathe in and does not have to be vapor you're bringing. But that's the dream, right, Not everyone does that has the time to do that. But yet we have another city that's banning vaping in public is to protect the children, which one may go, all right, well, it's kind of silly. I mean, I get smoking in the dangers of secondhand smoke, but also the fact that you know, if you're in a I don't know, a public place and someone fires up a cigarette, you know, if you can guarantee that that cigarette is only inhaled and the second hand smoke is inhaled by the person smoking, but also the people immediately around you who also would enjoy that, that's fine. The problem is everyone else has to bear that as well. And that's the problem when you know, you talk about do whatever you want as an adult. If you hurt yourself, you're fine. You hurt other people and there's a harm there, then that's where the lines crossed. Sure, absolutely, Like that's why I never got why we don't have smoking areas inside anymore. My God, If not people smoke, maybe set a separate area our way instead of having to stand out there, you know, thirty yards away from any entrants because someone may catch a whiff of tobacco. For God's sake, it's gone too far, or should allow people who are like minded to be able to operate establishments like that. For example, maybe you limit them to some degree as to not encourage more people smoking. But you know, again that's common sense involved. But the jihad against smoking and now vaping is increased now because you could make the case before about smoking because I cand smoke. Second hand vape isn't do anything. It's steam. The chemicals go directly nearby. The nicotine is going directly in your body. What you see, it's just kind of like when you go out the day like today, you can see your breath. It's the same thing, just some steam. There's no second hand vape smoke that's going to hurt you. So you should be able to do it quite ho should be able to do that at work if you want, not bothering anybody, but you now, if you're an employer, you want to ban that, that's entirely a new But banning it outside in cities, it's just that's mind boggling nanny state to me, And why I would go And I bring this up too because I just got worded not long ago. Well, sure we'll trickle back on this and later in the week for sure. But the new bill for marijuana and hemp. They have pushed this I guess bill signing next Friday morning, by the way, a week from today. So this is the one that would allow for THG beverages in the line you know, CBD beverages, and that the governor's going to sign this thing but has not discussed yet line out in vetos. So what's frightening about that is you know, as you know, if you want to bury something in the news cycle, you released that on a Friday and by Monday we're onto something else. There is inside word here that no word on the street is the THC beverages we enjoy might be the thing that gets slashed by the governor on the line out of vita. We'll see, we'll find out anyway'll follow that for you. We'll get a time out in so I said, news happens in format. It's full forecast just to head two on seven hundred WW Do.
Speaker 1: You want to be an American.
Speaker 5: Friday morning?
Speaker 2: Slowly here seven hundred WLW. Well, we have the latest person of the hen bill in Ohio that has some really I think good, you know, saving the THC beverages, but also there's some stuff in there like I've got to lock my weed up in the trunk. You know, I don't have to do with a gun. I gotta do the weed. Certainly, a lot of contradiction, a lot of problems with this, a lot of moving parts, and I know this is just one thing, but it's emblematic of a much bigger problem with government. The problem is it's a slow to move government right that drives the black market. The reason why he had to do that ban was because the legislator's been dragging their feet for a long time. They had a carve out for hemp, and then then somebody figured out a way to go, hey, we could take some of the low level TCH and hemp and process it. And as long as we drive the THHD, which is the psychoactive ingredient and weed the stuff that gets you high, we can make these products. And then you know, for example, fifty wester rolls out of beverage. Many companies are doing it. That's CBD infused, cannabis infused, and you get a decent buzz, kind of like alcohol without the alcohol side effects. Money people like it. Well, kids are getting a hold of this in the smokeable and edible form. In some Roague carryout stores and around the state, which of course happens when you have a black market that's created by government overregulation and a government slow to move, and the end result is now adults can't have nice things either. No one wants kids getting high at the same time as an adult. I've kind of earned that right. So this fits into something else that's going under the Trump FDA. They're fast tracking reviews of tobacco. Companies are in the nicotine pouch game now because we here people are smoking tobacco, as you know, so they're going to go, hey, we got to make our money. We'll do nicoteene pouches, things like zen and other stuff like that. That's all well and good, but the problem is it's much like Ohio is doing with the CBD stuff. Is that the slow moving government, the plot and government the legislature simply can't get out on the way and create rules that make access available to other companies, and then the end result is you have some black market folks getting their products into well convenience stores, for example, just like we do in Ohio when it comes to CBD. We all agree kids should not be getting hold of this stuff, and yet because of the black market. It does. Now we've remeded that as of just a couple of days ago. The government's gonna sign this thing. We'll see kind of a long setup there. I apologize. She's Sophia Hamilton. She writes in Reason magazine about this. Also she's a fellow with Young Voices. Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great, Thank you so much for having me this morning. But I'm excited to chat a little bit about this scary market changes that we're seeing with not only nicotine pouches, but like as you were saying, with cannabis as.
Speaker 2: Well, it's two sides of the same coin, right, I mean, that was the world's longest setup. I apologize, But it all comes together because it's the problem is the slow moving, plotting government. And we live in an on demand society. People sample something and they see something, they read something, they eat, they drink, go wow, I like this a lot. Where can I get it? Well, all of a sudden, you have an exploding consumer market for that, and we get it. Whether it's a CBD infused to THC CBD infews drink, or whether it's a nicotine pouch. Somebody's gonna rush in legal early illegal to fill that void. What's happening relative to nicotine. We know it's going on with the THC here in Ohio, but what about the nicotine patch game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so nicotine policy is changing all across the country. We have some states that are incredibly strict and how to have a lot of bands where they limit ages percentages of nicotine slavers. And then you have a different regulatory regen.
Speaker 7: At the federal level.
Speaker 6: Where they are very slow to approve quality products that have been on the international market for decades and that we know are safe. And so consumers are trying new products like nicotine pouches. They've been on the US market for at least a decade, but they haven't had full SDA approoval and that's a whole it's a whole process to get the official stamp of approval from the SBA. So American consumers have been able to try these products and realize, oh yeah, I really like the nicotine pouches. There are a lot smoother than base, there's less downside, all of these, all of these great things. The FDA hasn't moved as fast as consumers have. They they've moved out of snail's pace, and so consumers have drive this product, decided that they liked it, and it's hard to get what they want because of all of the state restriction on flavors. So who's kind of infilled that demand where the state's state block access the illicit market? And so we're seeing a bunch of counterfeits explode onto the scene where they look exactly like the old products that people know, but there's new flavors and that's exactly what consumers want, but they don't know that they're getting a sketchy product.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The government in action and the rules that they slap together have pasually create the black markets. Whether it's alcohol, whether it's drugs, whether it's nicotine, they'll ban this stuff, which means you can't do research. And then the other side of the mouth, they go, well you can't use this stuff, Well, well there's no research been done exactly.
Speaker 6: Well, I think most consumers go into a store and they see something on the shelf and they go, oh, yeah, this is this.
Speaker 7: Is perfectly safe that they're getting.
Speaker 6: It's getting told to me, and there's there's there's there might be some risks, like they know when they buy cigarettes, or when they buy a vase, when they buy any sort of product that there's a downside, but they aren't going in there thinking that it could be a counterfeit. And I think that's where it's really scary and dangerous, is that they think that they're buying a real product, and within nicopeine pouches, they it's.
Speaker 7: A harm reduction tool.
Speaker 6: They think that they're buying something that's safer for them, and really it's it's a counterfeit and and it's it's not meeting the needs. And the reason the reason why we have all of these restrictions on the nicotine pouches is what they always say is for the safety of children. The children aren't getting these products. But we've all been teenagers. We know how, we know how teams are. They're going to get their hands on what they want to And now the market is even more dangerous because the market is full of counterfeits because we restricted it for the safety of these teams.
Speaker 7: But now the teams are getting what they're getting, the counterfeit product.
Speaker 2: Right right, So what would happen basically politically speaking, is a lot of progressives, for example, and some conservatives. What we'll talk about well, this is why we need a strong FDA, and this is you know, you're you're just going to fast track all this stuff and put all these more poisons on the market, and they're getting on the market anyway to ignore the what the black market is created. Whether it's THC drinks or edibles or in this case nicketeen pouches and pretty much everything else. They've they've got to meet consumer demand head on, and you don't do that by okay, in five years, we're gonna have research and we'll find out whether or not we're all out of this stuff, and that's going to get polluted down by lobby groups and everything else, or just simply you know, if you're anti edible or vape or nicotine, you're going to shoot this thing down. Whatever the corporate policy is, so to speak, the party policy. So this stuff have to be faster. We had to do a better job of saying, okay, well it's not the best thing you can put in your body, but at least there's not mercury or serious harmful chemicals in it. We need to test this stuff and screen it much much faster. That's the reality here.
Speaker 3: Can we actually change that though, we definitely can.
Speaker 7: These products have been available in the Europe market for Juckie.
Speaker 6: We know that they're steep. We don't need to going through a whole new approval process. We can look at these markets that we know and trust and say, Okay, here's the research that they've produced. It's good to be on the US market. Let's fast track it and approve it. Instead, they're doing the same thing where they did with spaces, where they blocked good things from getting on the market that we knew we're safe and that we knew consumers wanted, and instead of approving things, they went and attacked the counterfeits.
Speaker 7: Which needs to happen.
Speaker 6: You need to get the counterfeits off the market, but they're ignoring why those counterfeits are on the market, and that's to fill the desires of the consumers. And so we're seeing the same issue with nicotine couches where they're attacking the counterfeits, but they're not addressing why the counterfeits popped up first. And so they really do need to address the approval process to get good quality products on the market that.
Speaker 7: Adult consumers want, and that includes.
Speaker 6: Flavors, that includes choice in nicotine percentages.
Speaker 7: And you can't just put this desire to have prohibition, especially among teenagers, to harming adult consumers because everyone will be where saft if you take away that child.
Speaker 2: Well, that was Governor Mike Dewines cry. Here is this is about the children. The child. We got to save the children because children, I get. You know, if I'm a retail what's the retailer's perspective on this. There's some I don't care what's in it, even if it's poison. I'll sell it to them because I need to make money at my carry out. It's certainly not all retailers. I don't see the big box stores or you know, the Krogers of the world, for example, shelving this stuff. But you know, at the same time, the little guy at the corner, what's the process for them? They're trying to keep their head above water to I get it, but I don't think i'd want to make my money, you know, selling the kids. Some people are gonna do that. It seems like it's it's an enforcement issue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there are enforcement issues, but they're smart. They're going to find someone who's above the legal age to buy the product for them or.
Speaker 7: Have a fake idea.
Speaker 6: There's definitely ways. It's really not that complicated for them to find ways to get these products in a reliable manner. And I think it's fairs not want teenagers to be these products, especially if they've never used other nicotine products. You don't want to get them addicted. But they're going to do what they want to do. At the end of the day, They're going to drinks, even though the drinking ages at twenty one. The aids to consume nicotine and tobacco is also at twenty one, and we were all in college at one point.
Speaker 7: But I just this this desire to go through tuisition.
Speaker 6: Policies and we've seen them fail time and time again with so many different substances is the silliest thing in my mind. We've seen it fail. Why are we trying to do it again? Because it's hurting retailers, like you said, it's hurting consumers, it's hurting the companies, and it's hurting the local economies because you get so much money from taxes on these products, and so you're trying to prohibit it and you're putting it into the black market where you're the state is no longer able to get the excise taxes from. So it's really just the loose situation all.
Speaker 2: Around, no question. And you know the fact of the matter is the government can never keep up with demand. They need to move a lot faster, be a lot leaner. That makes capitalism work better. Certainly, we don't want poisons going to convenience stores or our bodies. We assume that a lot of stuff is tested. But the way the models set up, the big tobacco companies that have all sorts of research and development and backing and money coming or talking billions, and publicly traded companies, they can afford to play the regulation game, like Zen for example, simply because they have the What about the mom and pop the entrepreneurs. And the same is true when it comes to THHD infused drinks, you know, I mean, you know, Anheuser Busch may be able to put a product out that rivals at but something like fifty West here in Cincinnati, when they roll a THC infuse product, they don't have the backing, the wherewith all the R and D to be able to afford all the regulatory red tape to get the government seal of approval. That just stemy small all in mid sized businesses, doesn't it exactly?
Speaker 7: Going through the approval process takes good years and countless countless dollars. Then just became the first company to be approved to market to adulop consumers in the US their nicotine pouches in January of this year, the first company. They're a giant company international, and that took in years.
Speaker 6: And years to get that first stamp of approval. That's not even the end process. Most companies cannot wait that long, and so it's an incredibly difficult process to go through. It's also very very confusing and long, and the sea has a huge backlog or records long backlog and most companies just cannot survive that weight to get the approval. And that's where you're seeing good competition get for Shu out of the way, while we have the door wide open for counterfeits where we don't know what's what's even in them because there's no there's no approval process, there's no regulation there.
Speaker 2: I know what no one's saying, nicotine is you certainly you can get sick, you can overdose on nicotine for that matter too, But you know, it seems to me a better alternative than traditional tobacco would be vap products, but especially nicotine pouches that you put between your lip and gum. It's not a can, it's not a carcinogen in the way that the traditional snuffs and dip and smoking is. And so you know, if you're worried about the future generations and lung cancer and cancer as well, this seems like to be a good alternative. It's not perfect. I'm not saying it doesn't have harmful effects, but it's certainly a lot less than what the alternative is or the traditional methods are.
Speaker 6: Exactly. It's it's a harm reduction tool because it is more safe than the other products that are out there. So if you're going to be consuming nicotine, this is the safest way that you can do it. And there's there's still downsides. You can have some irritation, stomach upside, but you know, I'm sitting here drinking of coffee and there there's similar downside to coffee as well with the magatinine. So this is really the safest way that you can consume the product. And it's it's funny to see all of the restrictions when you can easily go and buy a pack of cigarettes still, and so all of these all of these barriers that we're putting up to a less harmful product and placing.
Speaker 7: More taxes on it. It's it just does not make sense if the end goal is to have people consuming in a safer way. It really does seem like the end goal is prohibition and abstinence from any subject.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the other leg of the stool here between you know, companies and the government, of the fact of the the big business that is the health prevention people or the health the health people. Right, the long association, hard association where association it might be, is when the vaping trend started to take years and years ago. What surprised me is some of the same people that said, oh my god, we've got to sue tobacco companies out of existence, and they're they're killing people, they are vaping seemed a good way to wean yourself off of traditional tobacco. And yet they fought just as hard as they did against traditional tobacco, is it against vape And some of them are fighting against nicotine pouches And I'm like, that's a much safer alternative to what you get. So if you you know if you stamp out the problem, not that you know we I don't know what the smoking levels, but they're nowhere near where they used to be. Now your organization cease too. Is this so we have to find the next boogeyman in order to.
Speaker 8: Keep our funding exactly exactly And what they will never say is that they'll never point to the tobacco studies that are done at the national level that show our youth in adult smoking rates are at a historic leve.
Speaker 7: They will never point that out. And why is that?
Speaker 6: Because of new products like nicotine pouches, And they just want to demonize this because they think it's from the same old big tobacco of decades before. And know these are these are companies that want to have safer alternatives.
Speaker 7: For for their for their client base because they know what their consumers want.
Speaker 6: And I'll also when I testify on these issues to state legislators, the people that are arguing against against access to these good products are not based in reality. They really are I think, just trying to keep their jobs, arguing against big tobacco.
Speaker 3: And their nds right.
Speaker 7: And they will argue that nicotine is as harmful and as because as substances like heroin, and I hear that line so many times and it's the funniest thing to me. But it's sad because they think it's rooted in reality any bit.
Speaker 2: What we got to do is to save the children, because children to be corrupted in their bank and to agree, you know, children should not be buying intoxicating hemp products your carry out. But that is not a reason to shut the entire industry down because somebody adults enjoy it, you know, whether it's THG drinks or nicotine pouches or vaping. It's the same predictable argument from the pearl clutters about, you know, protecting the show. We've got to shut that on protected children, damn it, what the adult market wants. We've got to do this to save the children, which they're doing at the behest of well, the big health organizations as we mentioned, as well as the big tobacco companies that are getting decreasing revenue from tobacco here in the States, and so they supplant that income and keep their shareholders happy with something else.
Speaker 3: With us.
Speaker 2: Nicotine pouches are vape that shouldn't price out the little guy though, and that's what's happening here, whether it's fifty West or you know somebody's who's selling vape juice to a local supplier. Anyway, Sophia Hamilton writing about this in Reason She's with a young Voices and thanks again, Sophie, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me on, Scott. I appreciate you're.
Speaker 2: Ready for some football this weekend. Bengals playing in the freezing cold. It'll be freezer Ble part two on Sunday as they entertain the Baltimore Ravens. We also have controversy in Michigan, and I'm sure if you're a Buckeye fan like Austin Elmore, you're loving this. Hulsher on more Thing. We'll get into that in much morehead Old Sports Weekend Sports Talk with Austin Next on the show seven hundred double Weld Friday morning, slowly with your seven hundred double well w ease and end of the weekends and in snow tomorrow, very cold on Sunday. I think you're out of your mind if you're going to the Bengals. I don't know what are you playing for? What are you showing up? Probably maybe you got free tickets.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I won't judge. I won't judge. I like the snow, the cold, different story. We got lots of action going on in sports. Austin Elmore here from ESPN fifteen thirty. They'll be on at noon today over there with Tony Pike. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 9: Like four minutes ago, I was thinking maybe I could go to the game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Can I can?
Speaker 2: I ask a question, is good seeds still available? Any of good seats will available? What isn't it for you? I like going to Bengals games if they're playing for something they are what are they playing for? Well, technically they're still alive. And also I like it when they play the Baltimore Ravens. Usually a good game, Usually a good game. Sure yeah, sure.
Speaker 9: Lamar Jackson has not been himself, but he's still one of the best players ever, MVP quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 2: So you're seeing somebody that's passed their prime in which you're going for. That's what I said about having a bad season, a terrible season. Joe Burrow's a Heisman Trophy winner too good. He's a beast all right. Jamar Chase is the best receiver in franchise history.
Speaker 9: So you got to go to the game. I'm thinking about it, all right. I'm also you gotta understand I'm also a polar bear.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I love the cold, Yeah, I love it. It's funny the older I get, and that's true, the the more out of touch other because I'd wear shorts your round pretty much back in the day, but not anymore. I'm cold, yeah, I I but that temperature, that's even that that's cold cold? What is it different? Like single digits? That's fine, all right with it?
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't think cold happens until you get below twenty degrees then it gets cold. That that's cold.
Speaker 2: My threshold has always been like right around ten fifteen right there. But now it's like, that's just thirties cold. I've been to colder games than that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wind is the issue. If there's no win, you get the wind. That's a problem. So let's talk about that match up here real quick.
Speaker 4: Audio.
Speaker 2: Let's get this out of the way here. They beat him on Thanksgiving night, pretty good. Baltimore just lost to Pittsburgh, and you mentioned Lamar Jackson's I brought up with Dan Horde, and I think we just came to the conclusion that it's it's the injuries, and the injuries you don't hear about. It's affecting not only his ability to run, but also his abible to throw. Now that's a concern if you're Baltimore, not so much if you're Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: That helps, Yeah, without a doubt, And it's it's affected them in a lot of different ways. He hasn't been practicing more than like two days a week, and offensively, they still don't have the weapons that they really need on the outside. I feel like that to surround Lamar Jackson with and Derrick Henry has just been okay, Like their offensive line has been injured. Their offensive line has not been great. They're missing a starting lineman this week due to a suspension, So they've just been out of sync all season long, has Baltimore. That being said, on the injury report this week, Lamar Jackson didn't have a listed injury. He's been dealing with a hamstring, has been dealing with a kne he's been dealing with an ankle. All those are apparently gone. It was non injury related rest days for Lamar Jackson. So that's part of just managing a player who is getting older. So if he's back to one hundred percent, that's a viable threat anytime. But all the advanced metrics about his speed, about his scrambling, all those numbers are way down on the margin. Interesting this time next year to see where he's at at this point. I'm still braw to the young man anyway. And if John Harball is the head coach of Baltimore, still I think there's there's a lot. I think there's a potential for a lot of change in the AFC North, all right. I don't think it's crazy to think that all four coaches are fired in the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if John Harbaugh is fired, does he go back to Michigan to take over for Sharon Moore and Jim Harby.
Speaker 9: I don't know that Michigan wants anything to do with the Harball name, because clearly he established a culture there that has led to embarrassment over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: Jim Harball had eleven assistants in his time at Michigan that have now either been arrested, are in jail, or have been permanently banned by the NC DOUAA. That's a Michigan man if I've ever seen one. Jim Harball is a fraud.
Speaker 2: What about Sharon Moore? Also a fraud? I feel bad for him though it's a story.
Speaker 9: I really wanted to like get on the air one on and make fun of the whole situation.
Speaker 2: And then it turned dark really quick, really dark, like like you're holding people because you've got I mean, granted what six MILLI year in his white calls. I've heard some of the calls this morning like he's desponding, suicidal. He didn't see this coming.
Speaker 9: And apparently there's been multiple investigations into the way that he's treated women. There's been multiple people that have talked to him about mental health issues that he's been dealing with. Apparently this has been kind of bubbling under the surface for quite some time, and clearly it's it's gotten to the top.
Speaker 2: And really and this thing it came out of nowhere too, Like the firing really doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 9: But the reason why, well, that's what I'm saying. Apparently this is the third investigation into him for and that's not even recruiting thing, correct, And so yeah, it sounds like from some of the people I've talked to that it was like the worst kept secret in ann Arbor, that that dude had issues off the field, but they were able to you know, I guess go nine and three.
Speaker 2: So that coffs it all up, you know how it is. You know, it college interesting that this came out. We finished our big investigation.
Speaker 9: Right, how many college football coaches get busted for cheating. Yeah, you can either be a good football coach or you can cheat on your wife. But you can't do both. You can't do both the same time.
Speaker 2: No, there's cameras everywhere and will and it's kept that secret along is amazing. All right, that's the Michigan thing. But speaking of the Harballs, we've got the We've got Horrball and company coming to town this weekend, Bengals on Sunday, bitterly cool temperatures. We talked about Lamar Jackson, what ails him Joe Burrow and you know, I went to the Bills game and it was it was one of the best games I've been to in person. Just the whole vibe was so cool. They said it felt like a playoff game. It had a playoff atmosphere. It really did, and a lot of respect Bills fans, the Bengals fans, Bengals fans had a good time. But I thought, you know, you watched that last five minutes of the fourth quarter and what that is just that's Bengals football right there. It's like, how do you find a different way to lose? And I think it's unfair people just throwing out it's Joe Burrow's fault. That first one that was on him. Second one was, yeah, you know, tip the ball to Lucky, Yeah, the fumble at the goal line on the conversion. I mean, you know, James Cook, the Bills running back, he fumbled as well as one of those days. But I don't get this is Joe Burrow. I saw a team that could not stop tight ends. I saw a team that could not stop the Bills on third down and fourth down. I saw a team that could not stop and many have Josh Allen from running for forty and seventeen yards consecutively. That's not on Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: My whole thing afterwards is, yeah, Burrow in that moment, he did all the right things, but the execution was poor. The ball didn't come out of his hand very well. He kind of pushed it and Benford made a good play. So is it ultimately his fault?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: Is it because he made the wrong decision. No, it's because the execution wasn't there and the ball was slippery or whatever. It might have been right, So is it his fault, Yes, But I think it's there's nuance there. The other thing is the same story about the Bengals is they can't get that one big moment, that one big stop, that one big turnover. They dropped two interceptions. Josh Allen hit Jordan Battle and DJ Turner in the chest and they drop both those passes, and you just can't do that. Third and sixteen. He's not going to throw the ball deep down the field. They don't have a spy ye Like you mentioned it, Josh's is not run for over forty nine yards on a team at any point this year.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: And he ran for eighty against the Bengals. Did like the rules of engagement and he was under forty yard. He was down the field a good twenty yards twenty five yards before anyone went oh, Josh is running the ball like the rules of engagement for a quarterback like him are not that different. From what you get with Lamar Jackson, and they're not hard to find. And yet the Bengals didn't do the basics. Don't blitz him, don't play man coverage, put a spy on him, and stay you know, in your rush lanes, don't get too far upfield. They didn't do any of those things, and it bit them in the butt. And you know, if we don't talk about firing coaches, I don't know how you can really run it back with Al Golden next year. Where have you seen development on the defense? Have they called slightly better?
Speaker 4: Yes, in the.
Speaker 2: Beginning they've gotten better, but again that's Bengal better. Slightly better tackling is the only thing you can point to.
Speaker 9: What about Zach? That and DJ Turner is having a good year, And I think that the conversation with Zach is fair as well. He's the guy who hired Al Golden, He's the guy who decided to fire Louisa Rumo. Yep, he's the guy who's involved in these draft picks as well. Are you going to allow him to fire another coordinator? And it's not on him, it's usually the first time as the coordinator, second time it's head coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I don't. I don't expect either one of them to get either because they went to the Super Bowl the century, so he's good until he's my age.
Speaker 9: Well, Mike Brown fired Sam Weiss three years after they went to the Super Bowl, and he was still a good head coach.
Speaker 2: Say, I just I don't see it coming. I really don't know. I don't either. I don't expect any things to blame it. So, well, Joe Burrow got hurt, Well, well we got to Yeah, and Joe Burrow is not the problem. Obviously, you don't stand a good chance of winning when uh he's out. But again he comes back and they still lose. So what's that tell you? Exactly? Are they going to change how they recruit? Are they can change how they scout? And they're going to change how they know.
Speaker 9: They've added people to that department, they've added resources, and on paper, their plan made a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: They just haven't executed it.
Speaker 9: So it's up to them, you know, as business owners, as operators of a football team, to look around and say, Okay, how can we fix this and our evaluation and our process and our business model to be more successful?
Speaker 2: This also breaking Joe Burrow is not retiring or going anywhere. He's not retired. Story, that's just dumb. I have news though. In an hour and six minutes, single single game Reds tickets go on sale for what for those season coming up? She excited? No, would you be excited if the Reds had shigned Carl Schwarber and with the amount of interest in him coming here would sist with those tickets out?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: That tickets announced me to be grander today, knowing he'd be in a regular.
Speaker 9: The Reds have practically been begging me for the last month and a half to re up my Tuesday Pass, which is every Tuesday home game for like fifty bucks. I'm not doing it. I'm not interested in reinvesting in a team that doesn't invest in me, and I think a lot of Reds fans feel that way. That's a great promotion. I had a great time doing it last year. I'm not here to tell you how to spend your money. Do whatever you want. For me, personally, I don't really feel like the return on investment was there for me, because while this team did win more games and go to the playoffs, there isn't an aggressive pursuit of a championship in that organization. The kylesh warbur News is a part of that, a reflection of that, and what they're gonna do is try to run it back with basically the same team and expect the same results.
Speaker 2: We've seen that before with the football team we just talked about. He'll be talking about that and more today at noon with Tony Pike on fifteen thirty ESPN fifteen thirty. Ought to have a great weekend, stay war Thank you. I appreciate it. I don't know if I'm going to go. I don't know if I got the guts. You say that to the guests that are coming in studio next here Joe Burrow's mom and dad in studio next. I got some questions for jim questions. Yeah, Carl, I'll talk to Jimmy right, I'll just move over. That's Marty Grot twenty twenty six. I'm the King of Marty Grontre involved with the with the charity. Oh yeah, Jimmie and Robbin coming up next on Sloony seven hundred WW Cincinnati Dont want to be an American Floony back on seven hundred W. Well, W've got Marty got coming up? I get to be king again for the three thousands a year. I believe it's a thirty fifth year. I think I've been doing this for at least ten or fifteen. And that happens on Fat Tuesday, February seventeenth, Northern Kentucky Convention Center. And this year, in addition to raising money for Brighton Center and Bethany House and Homeward Bomb getting meals and food for homeless kids in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, we have a new title sponsor. And in studio this morning is Robin and Jimmy Burrow and our buddy Gordy Snyder Burrows. First of all, I've talked to Gordy for many years. I don't care about him as much as you guys. How are you. We're doing well, awesome, good to see you. Thanks for popping in today, Gordo, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Scott, good to see you.
Speaker 2: Good to see of course, of course, there's no other place I'd rather be. It wouldn't be the same with the Kingdom. To get bread thrown at me. It's a whole thing. It's a whole. It's a whole. There's a traditional oh there is. Robin just hit me in the on. It's got a pretty good arm. I wonder our son, guy, I wonder joe got it from That's pretty good, coach, Coach, could you break down the throw the mechanism there, break down the.
Speaker 1: Not a little more accurate.
Speaker 2: You didn't get Yeah, Robin, Joey has nothing to worry about. Okay, I got it all right. So you got his fashion sense from mob the sports from from Dad Possible as well. So, uh, this year, thirty fifth annual, this is a big milestone right here. How much money have we raised to day, Cordy, We've raised about.
Speaker 11: Two point nine million date to feed homeless children and different agencies as you mentioned. This year we hope to go over to the three million dollar mark and it's going to be an exciting party, as you know, and with a purpose and to feed these homeless homeless children throughout the greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky area.
Speaker 4: So you know, it's one of those things.
Speaker 2: I actually got a crumb in my Robin that was a better throw than That's fine. I got a yeast infection out my eyeball, so it's I don't know what's going Yeah, sorry.
Speaker 11: No, that's what it was. Just so you know it's it's going to be a great event. We have as you know, live entertainment there with DV eight. We have the Fort Mitchell High School band leading the parade which you are riding in and get roles thrown at you.
Speaker 2: I yes, you get assaulted with bread yep.
Speaker 11: And we also have the uh the uh you know, live and Silent auction, which are great events and people can begin to bid on those about you know, the beginning of February.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Well how it comes out there for people step bidding.
Speaker 2: On nice nice, that's always good. Let's talk about the Joe Burve Foundation and how you guys decided to get involved here.
Speaker 12: Well we uh uh the Joe Burrow Foundation and has been going out about three years. It all started, uh once upon a time when Joe uh and his heistman Speed addressed food insecurity in Southeast Ohio and then drafted by the Bengals. He wanted to start a foundation and uh give back to Athens, Southeast Ohio, Baton Rouge and of course Cincinnati. So it's it's been great. We're really glad to partner with this Marty Marty Gral thing to help the homeless children feed them. Anything to do with Marty Gral and Louisiana, We're we're always in but kind of our motto is to help the underprivileged and the underserved in in terms of food insecurity and children's mental health and children's homelessness can definitely be all intertwined into those three things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over the years, I've watched this the organization and what they've done firsthand, and it's nothing short of incredible. This one night raises so much money. I mean, you think you're putting we take it for granted, you know, the food, but there's kids who are in food insecurities and the like, and it really helps make their lives whold. At LEAYST try to do that as well. And I think it's really interesting, Robin is that you know, Joe goes to LSU, he wants to get involved with food insecurity and this, like this charity with the event we do is like perfect for you guys because it's only Marty Gratt raises money to feed kids. It's incredible.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it definitely seems like it was meant a partnership, meant to be. We're very excited to be the presenting sponsor and help with the food and security piece and help children be able to know where their next meal is coming from so they have one less thing to worry about if they are challenged with homelessness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gordy, let's talk about that and how many meals are provided and where it all goes, because people go and you kind of feel you think about it like, wow, I'm having a good time because you get a ticket and it's all you can eat, all you can drink. And we've got every restaurant in northern Kentucky and Ohio that seems that they there. We have probably got to turn some away. It's way more food and drink than one should have on a Tuesday night. However, I will say that when you're doing it, you think, wow, it's like, Okay, I'm having a good time, but this is I'm doing it for a good cause.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's for a great cause. We serve over one hundred and fifty thousand meals for Brighton Center, Bethany House, and Welcome House. And you know, the nice thing about this is that all the money is ear marked for food and it's a restaurant, restaurant's way of giving back to the community. All the purveyors at over fifty restaurants and perveyers there that night right and everything under the sun. As you know, because you've walked around and seen all the different.
Speaker 2: Risks they need all you'd be in trouble if you did that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And you know, like you said, if you get there early, because you can buy a VIP ticket or sponsorship and then you get the big piece.
Speaker 4: Of the chicken.
Speaker 2: You get the big piece of chicken. That's the key. You get the VIP ticket which is how.
Speaker 11: Much VIP is one hundred and twenty five dollars. And we have sponsorship levels from fifteen hundred all the way up to ten thousand. So if a corporation or a community or association wants to get sponsorship, get a table.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is amazing. I'd imagine the auction with you know, with the Burrows here along with Gordy Snyder, that the auction items are probably going to get increase significant. That'd be some good stuff. We might have something there from Joe Burrows. You might have a couple of things. Does he ever get tired of you guys asking us I gotta sign?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Actually he does get a little tired of that, but it's always for a good cause, and he's happy to support other organizations and this is certainly a good cause.
Speaker 1: We pick our spots. This week is not a good week.
Speaker 2: No, this is not a good week at all. That the big game coming up here for the Bengals, and I know it's been a it's got to be hard for you, guys. I can imagine what it's like to watch a football game with you too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we we once upon a time, after all my years of playing and coaching, Yeah, we thought maybe it would get easier and we wouldn't be as nervous. But I've found We've found that we get more nervous now because we know how important it is to Joe and the team and and the city and fans and everybody. So yeah, we're we're uncomfortable until the game starts and.
Speaker 2: Then we'll be Yeah, I bet and that happens, right, And that's a whole different thing. And especially with the injuries too, And let's face it, that's that's a huge concern every time he gets hit.
Speaker 1: It's part of it.
Speaker 12: I think that the mom uh here does gets a little more uh nervous about about the injuries. But it's it's as I said, part of the game. Yeah, you know, it's risk reward. It's high risk and high reward the play.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't need Robin. I think you agree we don't need It's all well and good, but we don't need a third comeback Player of the Year. We need a super Bowl, right, That.
Speaker 10: Is exactly right. That is definitely on the list of things to take care of.
Speaker 2: Yeh, check that box off too. So and I know it's not the season you wanted, but hope springs etournal here in Cincinnati, Ohio for sure.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's uh, that's one of the reasons Joe works so hard to get back because of the fans and and his and his teammates, and that's that's what he plays forward to bring everybody, including himself in US a super Bowl and we still think it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised how quickly he came back this season after that injury. That was amazing to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he's been know much how.
Speaker 12: How hard he works at stuff too, but he's been a fast heeler and the surgeons that have done the surgery have been fantastic over the years. The Bengal trainer Matt Summers, Nate and therapist Nick Cosgray. They're awesome and he buys in what they want him to do, and he trusts them and it works out. He works really hard because he knows how important it is. Well, of course he does his his career, his whole life. He's played football his whole life, and so you know that's the last thing those guys are gonna do is not play. I totally unders which is why you know he wanted to start. When most people say, yah, you should probably shut it down. You're not going to tell him no. And if he can go, he can go. That's what they pay him to do.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, when you see him hit like that and it's like, man, we saw early in the season all the pressure he's should eventually you know in that game he goes down with the foot Robin, do you want to go out and like, do you have to be pulled away going to us? I'm gonna call those linemen up and I'm gonna start. I'm gonna give it. Listen, this is Joe's mom. You got to protect them better. Well, there are times that I would like to do that.
Speaker 10: Yes, However, Joe would definitely not enjoy if I if I voice my opinion on that. So I just, you know, provide all the support I can for him, and I hope that things will go well.
Speaker 2: I know that those.
Speaker 10: Guys all work really hard and are certainly trying to do their very best, and some things don't go the way that we want them to. Yeah, yeah, I gotta trust in them.
Speaker 2: Do you said my kids about the same age, you still get the occasional mama.
Speaker 10: Mama definitely a little last the last couple of years, I think, But I think that is always joy to my ears when I get it.
Speaker 2: I still don't want mom so embarrassing. She called. God, h it's Jimmy and Robin Burrow and study this morning with a Gordy Snyder. I'm King of Marty Gray again this year and Northern Kentucky Convention Center on Tuesday, February seventeenth. All of it benefits homeless children in Cincinnati. It's our Bethy House, It's Brighton Center, It's Welcome House, and all the proceeds, one hundred percent of it go to feed homeless kids for an entire year here in the Tristate area in Northern Kentucky as well. We've got all these fifty restaurants mentioned the restaurants Gordy. But the other element of this, because it's Marty Gras and Bourbon Street is Bourbon.
Speaker 11: There's plenty of livations there as you know Bourbon, and of course there's craft beers and wine and all kinds of other beverages as well.
Speaker 2: You know, you can and that's why I have in northern Kentucky because Ohio just ban it so we can't.
Speaker 4: We can't go home hungry.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and we recommend uber for everybody else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got hotels right across the street.
Speaker 4: Hotels across the street.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what makes one hell of a Valentine's Day gift?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does. And Christmas, we've got Christmas coming up.
Speaker 11: They can jump on right now on our website at Marti Gras Nky dot org. Or they could go to Marti gra twenty twenty six dot org. Either one of those. They'll get them to the place where they could do a sponsorship or buy tickets. We'd love to have everybody, uh, you know, at the event and help support homeless children throughout our Greater Cincinnati community.
Speaker 2: And it's such a it's such a special night. We always have a blast, not only m seeing it raising the money, but just such a great vibe. And it's you know, it's not a uh you're there for like three or four hours and it's it's a perfect middle winter kind of thing to do.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 11: They got to stick around until the live auction is done and then the silent auction ends around nine o'clock. So if they got bids in on the silent auction, that'd be a.
Speaker 2: Great if you liked. If you liked the bid on. My wife is a degenerate bidder of things. There's no shortage of things to bid on.
Speaker 4: Lush puppy machine.
Speaker 2: Should I tell the story? Go ahead, it's a great story. One year I was years ago, they got slush puppy machines, you know, you like the They make them here in Cincinnati, which I didn't know untill I hosted the event, and so they auction them off like you have your own slush puppet machine, and uh, there's it looked like the floor of the Stock Exchange. People are screaming each other other thing and I'm like, what is going on out there? And it's like I'd know these two people in a bidding war of a slushing machine. It's up to like five six thousand dollars or something like that, and I'm like, I wonder what, Oh my god, it's my wife.
Speaker 9: So I.
Speaker 2: Run over and say, okay, I know it's for charity. You're all caught up in the morning. Do you really want to spend that kind of Money's like, yeah, okay, so let it go. And next sure she got one of the more reasonable but still, I mean it goes to a charity. It's like she loses her mind with stuff like that. It's a degenerate when it comes to chairity. Why is that You just gave him a look? Yes you can come on over, Come on over, Robin. You're giving Jimmy a look like one of you two is guilty of the same thing.
Speaker 10: Right, Well, we definitely have enjoyed some margarita's and slushies in Baton Rouge at Tailgates, so we understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea for Tailgate. I I may have to, yeah, get a converter for that, need a generator for that.
Speaker 12: That thing sucks a lot of juice.
Speaker 2: I couldn't give away a margarite on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Now I don't have to worry about frozen and.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you know you come back to this frozen like it's a popsicle at this point too. Soeah, it's gonna be a little cold. It's a little chili out there for the game. Now you're in town. You're going you're gonna be the in the suite though, right, not gonna.
Speaker 1: Brave it outside.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna tell get outside.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 12: We have a good contingent every every Sunday and this this week, like you said, it's gonna be cold, but it's cold. Uh, we'll be there.
Speaker 2: I was just in Buffalo last weekend for that game, and yeah, you're there, and that's that's real Western I grew up there, so it's all real Western New York snow up there. And it was and what the wind is? Fortunately there's no wind and I hoping on Sunday there's no wind. Yeah that's what that's what does you're a quarterback and throwing the football. It's not so much the cold and even the snow, it's it's when the wind's swirling. So I'm always checking the weather. But it looks like maybe that part of it will be okay, Yeah, in those days it's hard to throw is you know, you gotta rely more on the running. Obviously we don't want to get into x's and those here, but uh yeah, looking forward to game on on Sunday, for sure, and hopefully Bengals can go on a little run and get things right for the for the rest of the season for sure.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is Marty gra for homeless Kids. Uh and it's being presented by a friend of the Joe Burrow Foundation for the first time Joe Burrow Foundations involved into perfect Fit because it's Marty Gras. That'd be the LSU connection. And it's feeding homeless kids, which the Borough Foundation it is designed to do because of food insecurity, not just here but Louisiana and also in in Athens. How much time you guys spend up in Cincinnati now often quite a bit.
Speaker 1: We uh you know, we're in We're in Athens.
Speaker 12: We're in Cincinnati, uh As I said, there's a lot of different events going on. We like to come hang out with Joe every so often, and uh we we still try to get down the baton.
Speaker 1: Rouge nice the Joe Burrow Foundation.
Speaker 12: We have a separate board in Louisiana and uh then then Ohio, but we still do the same things. You can go to Joe Burrow and just learned the things that we're doing with children's mental health, food and security and the Marty Grawl and so we're honored to be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Joe's honored to be a part.
Speaker 12: Of this and uh, hopefully we can raise a lot of money and and help feed homeless children.
Speaker 2: Jimmy got a new head coach down there at LSU. We well that's who they wanted.
Speaker 12: So I've known the Kiffin family for a long time.
Speaker 1: Lane's dead.
Speaker 12: Monti Kiffin was my defensive coordinator at Nebraska when I played. H kind of my mentor through the years, uh uh coaching. He recently passed away, unfortunately. But h LSU fans are fired up. Doesn't take a lot to get them fired up. They'll they'll go have a drink, no matter a lot, Marty Gral Bourbon Street LSU Tiger football games and so they're excited.
Speaker 2: That's a whole different vibe down there in Baton Rouge.
Speaker 12: We we learned basically how to tillgate at the proper shoe and we've passed that along to the Bengals game.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's the what's the LSU tradition? Tullgey? What's big there besides margarita fish?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: The crossish. Okay, so they actually do the ros but if.
Speaker 1: You claim Florida then they'll they'll roast roast gear.
Speaker 2: About you already noticed his beads here is you got a little crawfish.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have anybody doing.
Speaker 2: We've seen crawfish there. But what about the gator bytes Courty, Well, we can probably work work that out for Marti Groan. I've got the seventeenth of February. I got some time to deal with session. Probably could find a gator.
Speaker 10: Right, yeah, get a big gumbo pot.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got to have a gumbo pot. You got to throw it in the newspaper, right, Just how you lay the newspaper on the table.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well yeah, on a table, yes, And then they have big holes that you put the tails and whatever it is that you don't eat from a crawfish. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But are the heads? I think the heads? I tell you to know you suck the head, right, I don't know that. You're just there for the shrimp and the end, Dewey. Yeah, okay, got it.
Speaker 12: It's a it's the crawfish is more a social thing than yes, but people love them down there and that's that's a big.
Speaker 2: That's part of it here too. So yeah again, great, have you guys in the studio this morning. Very nice to meet you both. And Steak stay warm on Sunday for the game. Having me really look forward to, are you guys. Yeah, hopefully see in February too. That's gonna be awesome. So I'll be the guy on the big thing with the hat and the cape on and then people throw bread at me. I'm going to be that guy. I'm that Oh my gosh, I'm going to be comeback talk show host of the Year and next after I get her this assault with bread here for our friends from Closterman. By the way, thanks.
Speaker 11: Someone I should mention too throwing bread at me.
Speaker 2: Now you just got pelted again by Robin just two for.
Speaker 4: Two Mercedespens a Fort Mitchell.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and the Why We're Family Foundation are back for the thirteen year to be our events sponsors.
Speaker 4: So oh good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So we're exciting excited to have Joe Burrow Foundation as our tent sponsor, and then Mercedes Spends and those folks are back as our event sponsors this year and they provide the free parking right across the street in.
Speaker 2: The oh cool in the Kenton County Don Pepperella's team. Great guys over there's right, Mercedi Spends.
Speaker 4: We're excited to have them back to awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I look forward to seeing everybody on the seventeenth Core to yourself included. We have all sorts of festivities with now and then we've got football on Sunday, and the weekend is just about here. Scott's loan. Thanks for coming in, y'all. Good to meet you, Thanks you ask Thanks seven hundred WW.
Speaker 5: The weekend's coming up and you need to make the most of it. Where to go and what to do. She has the tips in inside to help you make it us super weekend. So listen up. This is the local Loop with Allie Martin on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 2: Well, some of us made it in today to do our jobs. Allie Martin did not. She's gonna sit on her throne talk to me on the phone from from her home because who had a half inch of snow?
Speaker 7: Good job, you know, and this is this is the winter to come in because I actually have four.
Speaker 3: Wheel drive now no motor I have zero.
Speaker 2: Ex rolling on the motorcycle anymore. It's like it's that cycle season. And I know you're flying out today where some are warm. So it's all good, Aley Martin Local Loop this morning on seven hundred ww whatever we do it sure is how better be inside this weekend?
Speaker 7: He amanda that And I feel like you're just trying to pick a fight with me right now? Why And I'm not mad about it because Phone, I have this weird desire and this is not this isn't a good thing to say out loud, but I've always wanted to get into a bar fight. And now have you heard about this? The fight Club, which we talked about probably about a year and a half ago when they talked about this open is officially open. And this is that dark bar that like Victorian back bare ground charm meets traditional pub warm, but it's all focus on darks and it finally opened in the old Saxfifth Avenue building and today is the grand opening. All right, fight, I'm ready to start a fight.
Speaker 2: It's flight Club flight Club or fight club.
Speaker 7: Fight Club should be flight Club.
Speaker 2: It should be flight Club, but they call it Fight Club.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I saw a little background around this that actually started in London in twenty fifteen. There's only ten locations here in North America, so it's cool that, you know, they wanted to target Cincinnati. I take the style and the vibe, what fifth it has. As I said, it's like Victorian but London's Irish English pub feel almost kind of circus esque, and they have multiple different playing stations where you can rent out and play darts. It's a pretty big space. It can accommodate up to two hundred and seventy people. And the dark technology behind it. It's a Pride Harry, so they own it. It's a little bit of different angles behind that.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 7: So if you're someone who likes the traditional keep score on your own, it might be a little too high tacked for you. But I will say it's a it's a vibe, it's a good time. They have a great craft cocktail list. They have a full menu list, and what's appreciated is a lot of these items on the food menu. It's all it's a lot of shareable stuff, a lot of sliders and packos and wings and flatbreads and and they I also appreciate a pre constructed platter where it's just a range of a whole lot of different things. So it's it's an awesome space that it opens today today, it's the grand opening. So I'm ready to fight somebody.
Speaker 2: If it's kind of like a top gulf of darts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, truthfully, it is that it is the top. It's the top gulf of darts, but it's inside and I'm here to support that. And I saw.
Speaker 2: Some pictures and the aesthetic is really cool. You mentioned that Victorian kind of a lot of paneling. It's kind of dark in there.
Speaker 3: I mean, perfect for the winner, Perfect for the winner.
Speaker 7: And that's the other thing. It's like, you don't have to go and play darks. You could just go and hang out at the bar because of the ambiance and the light. So I feel like this we've been talking about going and needing to get a happy hour. I think this is the spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a good spot, right. I like the I like the technology that keeps score for you. That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, after a couple of drinks. I am not doing anything that is going to claim that I'm with cheaters.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest win. And I remember when bowling changed over from the you know, the auto scoring and the compute. It's like, oh my guy, I don't have to have that overhead projector anymore. I don't have to do math. This is great, all right? So fight Club that is Where's it again?
Speaker 7: So in the old Sacks Fifth Avenue building. I mean it's the primetime location that we've been talking about, right next to Thoualdar. So that whole area is really coming alive again. And I think this is going to be a great addition, all right.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: So tomorrow is bank robbery Day.
Speaker 7: In Cincinnati aka Santa Colin.
Speaker 2: Forget what movie that was, and it was Bill Murray. You know, a bunch of a bunch of Santa Claus is runner. I maybe he's a clown in that one, I forget, But there's a lot of running arounds, like you want to have a bank Today's today? It was a guy in the red suit with a beard officer.
Speaker 7: Same thing with Tim Allen in the Santa Claus. We're looking for a guy.
Speaker 2: I know, red suit, perfect, perfect, perfect.
Speaker 7: So yeah, if you want to rob a bank tomorrow, do it. Don't tell us, don't tell him that we sent you right, But yeah, this is if you're downtown or if you're in Mount Adams, northern Kentucky and you just see seas of red, it is because of this. Also, if you haven't participated, it is a lot of fun. There's an early registration of ten dollars, so that closes today at midnight. You still have a chance to do that. And this includes a donation to be the pediator of cancer research, which is always good to get back a little bit. And day of registration is fifteen dollars. One thing that they are doing differently this year, which I am a fan of coos and cons is they have multiple risk band pick up locations. It used to just be at the casino, so now they have it at Moreline, Rosedale, the Pitch, may Malone's d Line, which is the one on Newport on the Levy, and Flora and Flair Up in Adams. There are over fifty bars in restaurants that are participating. So really it's just dress up and if then go out and drink and it's a debauchery and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And is the is the predicted snowfall tomorrow going to kill Santa Con. Santa should show up regardless how much snow there is.
Speaker 7: Technically I host the numbers picked up because of it. This is if you're going to participate in Sanacon, this is the year to do it. Yeah, no matter what, make sure you're ubering. But what is more magical the fact that we had snow before. It's fustiness. This is great embraces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if you get that many Santa Claus Santa Clai downtown, are you going to have enough ubers to support Santa should?
Speaker 7: Should they just have their own slaves.
Speaker 2: At the point right, at some point you just let the reindeer do it for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So it's always cool to see that too, and just sand people standing up and you know, drunk Santa is very fun.
Speaker 7: Have you done Santacon?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I have not been. I've not dressed up, but I've been around when Santa's out there. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I feel like you would enjoy it. If you ever get the chair, you really want to go all the way to the top, do the New York then there's nothing better.
Speaker 2: Really, thousands of Santa Claus thousands.
Speaker 7: Nothing like getting off the subway, and I mean it is the Sti's is cool, but again it's New York. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 2: How do you find that? So you typically would go Santa, but you go with a group of people who are not dressed as Sanda or maybe other sandas. How do you find one another?
Speaker 7: That is a oh you know? How you do it? You share locations for twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not that accurate. You still have to you would have to literally stand next to each other the whole time. Otherwise forget it.
Speaker 7: Truly, Well, if you are you could do Sometimes they have different colored sand a hat. I mean obviously red is some traditionals, so you could go green and stand out a little bit more. But yeah, I would just recommend. That's the other tip, use share my location for twenty four hours if you can't find your fellow.
Speaker 2: How do bartenders manage that? If you have a tab?
Speaker 7: Oh that's a good push? Yeah, what do you put it on your claws? Well?
Speaker 2: No, it's like okay, uh wait, wait do you wait? Who's tad? Okay? I ordered three? No, I had three mick cultures and what do you It's like, I don't know whose tab that would go on, but uh, that's that. These are the dumb things I think of. Anyway, what else we got going on this weekend? Am?
Speaker 7: Oh man, We're going to completely switch it up, and I mean, I guess it's Polly and it's jolly, but people, if you like, what is it the nightmare before Christmas?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, even could say.
Speaker 7: It's a Christmas sumber.
Speaker 3: I don't really know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm kind of mad at myself. I mean, miss talking about this last week because they're only doing it too nights. And when I say they, I mean dead Schoolhouse is doing a Christmas Nightmare and it was December sixth, and then this Saturday is the only other Saturday coming up on December thirteenth that they're doing it. And they're meshing the two holidays of Christmas and Halloween because people know that Schoolhouse is being the haunted attraction during Halloween season and it's transforming into a haunted winter wonderland and it features characters like Crampis and Missus Clause Claws, Evil Elm. So they really just completely transform it into the world the Horror Seam, which is really fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So generalmissions thirty five bucks. You can do a fast past for fifty five and then the front of the line for seventy five. Again, it's only two nights. Last weekend, it's gone and you got this weekend, and it's just a really unique Yeah, it's a unique mash up. It's something a little different if you're someone who really really loves Halloween. And I feel like the people who love Halloween, they love Halloween and this to be the way that they could get into the holiday spirit.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, seventy five bucks for the front of the line. Now that is better take your time going through.
Speaker 7: Man, it takes your time going through. There's no waiting at all. But as someone who's the older, I gets like, if I'm going to King's Island, I am that person who's like, do I just buy a fast pass?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I probably do the fast pass because it's like, you look at, okay, thirty five bucks general admission, fifty five bucks for the fast pass. Is it worth twenty bucks not to stand?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: Yeah? What is the so I guess, Yeah, there's two different lines. You have general.
Speaker 2: Emission line, fast pass and then front of the line.
Speaker 7: In the front line, is you just walk right.
Speaker 2: Go right from your car, you walk right to the front of the line. All right, So that's where.
Speaker 7: Is waiting in the cold?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, Yeah, I'm going to wait a little bit of cold anyway. All right. So that's a den schoolhouse and the last night is tomorrow. So we got that going on. Other holroided stuff. What else you got on a last year? All right?
Speaker 7: We actually we really had a touched on it. I know it's the classics, but the Holiday Junction, this is one of those things that just don't forget about it. This is the one that's every year happening over at Duke Energy Center, and it started November fourteenth and it does run until January fifth. But you know, as the kids are getting out on holiday break and you're thinking about things to do with them, this is such a stainful attraction where there's over three hundred railcars and a five hundred locomotives on display. It's super engaging. They have a lot of different experiences throughout the Holiday Junction, like they have this Northern Lights display, they do an interactive story books, they'll have different holidays, scavenger hunts. They implemented a new lego brick display, which is cool. So it was very hands on for kids. Sana we'll pop in here and there has already made a couple appearances at the Holiday Junction this year in November. So it's just one of those things that it's nice to shout out and call out because it really is. It's a staple. And there's just so much to do at the Sistani Museum Center, which I probably should have noted at the top.
Speaker 2: Well you got that right, You've got the Omni Max, You've got the Children's museum. There's just so much going on, and of course the train displaying all that too. The Christmas Is Player is fantastic. It's just a it's a great cool It's just a tradition right when you're a little kid. If you grew up here, you went. I took my kids there. I like going back from time to time. It's really cool because you know, it's it's the holidays, it's tradition. A lot of that stuff. They've had a lot of new stuff, but it's still the you know, the same train set, the same dioramics. It's it's expansive, it's awesome. I don't know what it is. It's just I've been getting that age now. Old men and young boys love.
Speaker 7: Trains, trains, model cars, airplanes. You love to talk about World War two.
Speaker 2: All that stuff, all that stuff.
Speaker 7: This is this, This is for you, but I really care, Like, forget about the kids. We love the kids of courses. It's great for the kids. But like as an adult, if you don't frequent this every year every once in a while, it's easy for us. It's easy for us number one to think about some of these things that happen every single year. But it's a great date night spot. And who doesn't like to say? Who doesn't like to go look at three hundred different trains rolling around? And usually the folks that are working there. I remember telling this story years ago when I was at Channel nine. There's a guy in particular that's been working there for probably three decades at this point, and he could probably tell you every thing that you need to know about every single locomotive car on those train, cars on those tracks. So they're knowledgeable and you can talk with them for hours and yeah, I'm good, have a good time. This is right up your alley. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: No, I don't need to know the history of this train. It's like just I just want to watch the train. I don't need to know. I don't need it now. I'm good. I'm good at that.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 7: I bet you you think if somebody had a like live TikTok running, do you think they could make I bet they could make some extra cash. This is any museum setter. If they just kept it going live on teaktok yeah and YouTube, why not, people will be throwing them money. I would watch that.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's I mean then in the splay, it's beautiful. The work they put in putting that thing out there is absolutely incredible. It really isn't so impressive every year, you know, I I've thought of that. I don't know if it's on a list or not. But this morning driving I heard Steve Hawkins in for our Tom Brennman this morning talking to the organizers of the Mount Adams rain Dog Parade.
Speaker 7: Yes, let's go. This is the thirty six annual. I can't believe this is been going on for thirty six years. Dog Parade and costume contact. Have you ever been this?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, nice. This is one of those This is an event that I was asked to years ago, and one of those I don't know. I guess I was busy or I was able.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 7: And I'm kind of sad and I wish I would have judged it, because it's just it's so fun. Dogs in their owners, dressed in festive holiday costumes. It's a parade throughout historic Mount Adams. It's led by the Grand Marshals. Uh and who doesn't like to see just a bunch of dogs wattling around the little Santas Right, I'm here for this. There's raffles, there's different prizes you could potentially win Bengals tickets, gift cards for Thunderdome, and a wide range of different bars and restaurants around town. And it's just a really, really great time and you can participate in the parade, and then of course up on the hill there's Crowley's and a whole bunch of different places that you can go to afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's they have judges and you bring your dog out. You have a good time because dogs and Christmas go together, especially if it's the You think they have this in over the Rain as opposed to Mount Adams for the Rain, dog prey, but then you'd have to call it the Rhine dog paraded, and it doesn't. They're not riind deer, they're reindeer.
Speaker 7: And then it's getting way too confusing.
Speaker 2: You're not even drunk.
Speaker 7: One of those things. You don't need to change it. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 2: You just wonder if the people in over the Rhine are like, man, we really we should have done that, damn it.
Speaker 7: And here's the other thing too, because it's supposed to snow. Do you think that if you don't have four wheel drive and you're trying to get us about Adams, good luck, like your dog better be.
Speaker 3: Poor, right right?
Speaker 2: Or if it's Sarah's dog where the belly and the nipples scrape on the ground, I guess maybe they could be like like a dog plow for the other ones. She's uh, she's Alli Martin, Yeah, yeah uh. There are some salt to put them on, little salt things on our back and to go anyway. So we got that going on this weekend, and it's gonna be bitterly cold. On Sunday, we have football at pay Corps. You got to be crazy to be going to that, especially since the Bengals are really not playing for anything. Ravens fan maybe a different story, but we shall see. Alli have a great weekend. Appreciated She's at Allie Martin eight and of course Good Drama is her show on YouTube. Catch that when you can appreciate it. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 3: Stay warm, appreciate you. I will be fine and I know you will.
Speaker 2: I hate her, I hate her, I hate her.
Speaker 4: Love you tole me too.
Speaker 2: Be safe. Travel well there you go, bring us some sunshine. Sloaney with Willy on the way next on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WUD since now