Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are in Milwaukee and the Dodger bullpen has pitched twenty nine consecutive scoreless innings as a group, using ten different pitchers, and I'm joined right now by two of those guys, Will Klein and Kyle Hurt. Klein, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 4: Kyle Hurt, this is on the up and up, So thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All of you have seemed to done your part in a big way. Is it more rewarding that all of you as a group have been able to help the team win games, including a bullpen game Friday night last week in Anaheim?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so. I mean, we have so many talented hitters and so just to be able to go out there put up a zero, give them a chance to you know, go do their thing. And you know the fact that we've had so many guys be able to contribute and do it over and over it just gives our like, here are so many opportunities to win us games, and so it's nice a little part of that, you know.
Speaker 4: Kyle, What's it been like for you.
Speaker 2: You've been able to come in this season in Denver and show that you belong.
Speaker 1: It's been great.
Speaker 5: Lot of good guys down in the bullpen, and I think I gotta give some credit to the hitters.
Speaker 1: They're playing some great defense. You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've given up some pretty hard hit balls and some guys are making some really, really good plays.
Speaker 1: But overall, everyone's doing a great job.
Speaker 4: Why why are you saying, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Everyone gives up hard hit balls. You don't need to, you know, say anything. I feel like, you know, but we have I don't know, I just it's part of the game. But we have great defense out there, any Mookie everyone, you know, Max playing great there at Freddie great first, but I mean everyone's playing crazy defense.
Speaker 1: It's it's nice to let.
Speaker 3: Him put the ball and play and know, you know they're gonna make plays behind you.
Speaker 2: Lake trying to come over here. This is a group, come on over here. No, he doesn't want in Kyle. That's got to give you confidence. Just the fact that these guys believe in you and maybe have confidence in you the way that most relievers don't get love from their teammates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's just one pitch out of time. You know, things can happen and you can't really predict.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: You just gotta be be in the moment and throw that exact pitch and let the defense do their thing.
Speaker 2: I remember you told me when you first started to get some reps this season that you stop thinking so much, that you just knew you had to be yourself.
Speaker 4: Is that a constant reminder?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I try not to do a whole lot of thinking out there. You know, just whatever pitch is called, you know, you just have to execute it. If you don't execute it, it might get hit, it might not.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Will kleinb this year started a bullpen game. He has a hold, and he has his first career save. I broke to Klein the other day that he wasn't the first pitcher to do that. He's actually one of nineteen this season, a half all three.
Speaker 4: I thought I was.
Speaker 3: I was excited someone relayed false information. But it's cool to be a part of that.
Speaker 4: Club, you know.
Speaker 3: Just I feel like I'm ready to for whenever, you know, Doc might need me to pitch. You know, it's it's kind of fun to be able to go in first going, in the seventh, going, the ninth leg. It's I think every one of our guys would would do that in a heartbeat, and so it's you know, I feel like we're well oiled machine right now out there, and you know, everyone's just doing whatever whatever they can whenever they're called upon. So it's it's fun.
Speaker 2: Will Klein and Kyle heard our guest. It's a team effort in the bullpen. There's their pitching coach Connor McGinnis. Everybody very jealous that I have the two right hand or high leverage Righty's right here before the first pitch.
Speaker 1: Great to be with you, Dave, so excited.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's the dynamic out there? It seems like.
Speaker 2: All of you have a good sense of humor, but a lot of times it's very awkward sense of humors from Tanner Scott to Blake Tryn And how do you guys handle all that.
Speaker 5: We're just being ourselves and we're having some fun and it's a really solid group of guys down there. Even our bullpen catchers Hammer and Chico or are getting in on the fun, you know.
Speaker 1: So we're just living day by day out there.
Speaker 2: Do you really believe Kyle Hurt lives his life the way he wants us to believe.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: That man does whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
Speaker 1: And you know what, that's not true.
Speaker 3: This is ever his wife wants whenever he wants.
Speaker 4: Hey, he understands.
Speaker 1: I do understand that far. Yep.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, thanks a lot for stopping. Really appreciate it and keep it going. And certainly it's not one guy, it's a group of you. But I felt like this is the only only way I could harness this interview with just two of you.
Speaker 4: Not more than two.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: No, it's just like the rule of the Sith. There's only two.
Speaker 1: You get Josh bart on the MIC.
Speaker 4: He has not been on in like five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you could do Barto get an interview, that'd be impressive.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, whatever he's doing coaching you guys up down there, it's working.
Speaker 4: So thank you Will Klein, Thank you Kyle Hurt.
Speaker 3: Thanks for setting this up.
Speaker 4: Dave, Thank you Dave.