Speaker 1: Before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. October eleventh, nineteen oh six, the San Francisco Board of Education ordered the city's Asian students segregated into their own school. Yeah, those liberal bigots in San Francisco. Nineteen sixty eight, Apollo seven, the first crude flight of the Apollo program, launched astronauts Walter Shiraj Junior, don Isiel and R. Cunningham, R. Walter Aboard. More Space news. On this date, nineteen eighty four, challenger astronaut Catherine Sullivan became the first American woman to walk in space, three and a half hours outside the shuttle. This is the date in nineteen ninety one that Anita Hill accused Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee. It was totally bogus and made up, and well, the rest is history. Clarence Thomas sits on the Supreme Court as he should. Former President Jimmy Carter won the Nobel Peace Prize on this date in two thousand and two for his and the Carter Center's work to resolve international conflicts and advocate for human rights. In't that nice? What he really accomplimenced, I'm not sure, but he won the Nobel Prize because it's meaningless now. And in twenty seventeen, on this date, the Boy Scouts of America announced that it would admit girls into the cub Scouts the next year and establish a new program for older girls based on the Boy Scout curriculum. In other words, this is the day in twenty seventeen when the Boy Scouts officially died. Let's see Daryl Hall. We mentioned Senator Patty Murray of Washington seventy five. Senator Murray get wise vote to keep the government open or reopen it. Actor David Morris is seventy two. Today, Football Hall of Famer Steve Young, Super Bowl Champion sixty four. Joan Cusack, she's sixty three. Jane Krakowski, Big old Jane, Big old, Blonde, Jane fifty seven. Mc light is fifty five, one of Liam's favorites. Golfer Michelle Wee turns thirty six, and Cardi b is thirty three. If it is your birthday today, I hope that it is the best day possible for you that you get to do the things you love to do and spend it with the people you love. And that's truly my wish for you. Forty eight Eastern Time. That is Gary Jeff on the Saturday morning edition here in seven Otter WLW. Shout out to Beth and Max wherever you are. It's an early early Saturday morning, but it's not too early for this little bird to catch a worm. Good morning, Linette.
Speaker 2: At the cross, At the cross where I first nor the life and the bird of my.
Speaker 3: Heart, throw Away, throw Away. It was there by pad I read, see my sight, and right now I am happy.
Speaker 4: Off the day.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, at the cross on a Saturday morning. So how's your week?
Speaker 5: Buddy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: My kicking me? Did they really.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: It sounds sounds rough. Now do you find the allergies are worse than the spring or in the fall.
Speaker 8: The doctor said, I have no seat, He said, every season, insured season. He said, you come here in September, you're at this season. You come here in March, you're at this season. So I guess so year round. I caught it year round, hay fever. And it's not he It's just a bad case of allergies.
Speaker 1: What do you think you're most allergic to? Is it the Boone County air?
Speaker 8: Well, it was, Now I must be rag weed in that goldy rock.
Speaker 1: But well, at least there's no Canadian wildfires that you're having to contend with now.
Speaker 9: Are still having them?
Speaker 1: No, they've kind of calmed down. They're not in our jet stream anymore, so you wouldn't be affected by that. Do you think it's possibly a case of the episodi?
Speaker 8: Well, it's that episode one oh nine. It's past one oh one, one o nine.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they had numbers for it. It's like flu or something.
Speaker 8: Is worse than the flu because you don't know when it's going to kick you, and it leaves as mysteriously as it comes. Ginger snaps, it's been working though.
Speaker 1: The ginger snaps have been you know. I've got a box of ginger snaps for you that I have not been able to get out to you that my friend Ray Scott brought me to give to you yet. No, No, this has not been that many years yet. I think they're I think they're still they would pass their freshness date, let me put it.
Speaker 6: That way, don't you see?
Speaker 9: Dave rocket.
Speaker 8: You bring them over.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen Dave in a long time.
Speaker 8: Is he on the cruise again?
Speaker 1: He's always going somewhere. I'm telling you, what if that boy is not, uh, I don't know, some somewhere taking his wife to Taylor Swift in a foreign country.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: I saw on a light show.
Speaker 1: Oh did you?
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How was she?
Speaker 6: It was great?
Speaker 8: I think I fell sleep join it though, Well.
Speaker 1: It must have been really good. I've never I've never heard of Taylor Swift really as a as somebody who could like like a substitute for salmon x. But I'm imagining there are worse things you could do, like stay up and watch her.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: They always say something about Swift and as she was started the show talking to her, I'm joy.
Speaker 1: Gee, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I missed that. I was already fast asleep in bed so I could be here and talk to you this morning. Listen to hear I gotta go. I love you, though, thank.
Speaker 8: You, come over. I don't have let it stopped in July the first, all right, may get and I think if Jean's birthday was October to.
Speaker 1: Seventh, well, heavy workday in the Jean.
Speaker 8: No numbers. Y'all got to call me, Elvis wherever you are, give me a call.
Speaker 1: We'll leave the tickets at the windows message thank you baby. We're hanging with Dick into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for the Saturday, October eleventh, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker and you're not. And you should be pretty happy about that. Generally, six minutes past the hour on this Saturday morning and phone lines buzzing, and look, it's my third cousin. It just rhymed. He's really not related, except we're all related. We're all brothers and sisters, all of God's children. He's Dave from Harrison. Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Share.
Speaker 10: Yeah, how are we doing today?
Speaker 1: Doing fine? Doing fine? I had a question, sure, what do you what do you call a Frenchman wearing sandals? Philippe flop Philippe flop. Oh yeah, hey, you know I only seem to get sick on weekdays. I must have a weekend immune system.
Speaker 10: A weekend immune system.
Speaker 1: H my, you know. Neighbor mine was showing me his tool shed and pointed to a ladder and he said, that's my step ladder. I never knew my real ladder.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, did you hear about the teacher that ask his class please use the word fascinate in a sentence?
Speaker 7: Okay and uh oh Lucas he raised.
Speaker 10: His hand, he said, my jacket is ten buttons, but I can only fascinate.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Another teacher asked a class, who can tell me what a myth is?
Speaker 5: And a myth a myth?
Speaker 10: And one young lady in the back of the class raised their hands in a female.
Speaker 1: Moth, going down, going down in quality. As we go through the routine, here.
Speaker 10: Dave like an anvil in a pond, my friend, an angle one?
Speaker 1: My mom?
Speaker 10: What what elves do after school?
Speaker 1: What elves do after school?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 10: They do their nome work?
Speaker 1: Da Dave, Dave, Yes, do you know?
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 1: Never mind? I was gonna finish with something better, but really, there's no one better than you. Only this. I just found out I'm colorblind. The news came out of the Purple.
Speaker 11: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time. We deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular program.
Speaker 1: Through another Saturday Morning Howdie, You're a Jeff with you at six', eleven AND i was thinking about our cast of characters and the people that show up Every saturday morning here on the air with, me and thinking about your involvement and even the more recent additions That, teresa for, example and thinking about how darn LUCKY i, am and how TRULY i am grateful THAT i have this little Radio mayberry that we do Every saturday. Morning but you never. Know you never know when you've got to change things. Up not, today mind, you not anytime evidently, soon but you never. Know by the, way, TONIGHT i have a Special Saturday. Nightcap usually The nightcap appears during during off season for The reds On monday And tuesday night from nine to, midnight barring you, know basketball when that kicks, in or A monday night football game here or, there but we're usually with On monday And tuesday nights from nine to, midnight my interview, show the Night camp and Planning god willing on being back this Coming monday at, nine but tonight an extra show from nine to, midnight AND i hope you'll tune. In Ken belson on the dominance of THE nfl and why it has become the cultural juggernaut that it is. Today this is one of the biggest running communities That i've ever lived. In And i'm not a, runner walk a great deal and believe in getting as much exercise as. Pot but you guys In, cincinnati you're crazy about. RUNNING i mean there's nearly every weekend there's some, event a five, k a ten, k and of course the Famous Flying. Pig but a guy Named Jeff horowitz has a new book out about inspiration for. Running he's a multi marathon or guy just raced in The Chicago, marathon and he'll be talking with us. Tonight Mighty John marshall from moneymusic Dot com with a new list For. OCTOBER a valuable vinyl that you may have in your attic or your your record. Collection you may not know, it but you're sitting on a gold mine a. Vinyl, Also Peter bronson rejoins us And Lady ryan Or Ryan Wood Lady MAGA usa on the state of THE LGBT qi plus plus PLUS EI eio. Community so, ANYWAY i hope you'll tune in for that this. Evening right, now it's time for old Radio Rick washburn to give us a reception. Reports how are we coming?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 12: Rick you're coming? In five by five and a nineteen Forty helicrafters S x twenty eight Super.
Speaker 13: Skyrider this thing has TWO rf, stages TWO im, stages a push pull out with stage six, bands fifteen, tubes ten controls force which is two styles one meter and my back hurts weighing in it seventy four. Pounds and then you've got the twelve Inch jensen external.
Speaker 1: Speaker it has an external speaker.
Speaker 12: Too oh, yeah it couldn't fit in this giant. Thing apparently my back.
Speaker 1: Hurt just you describing what was on this, radio that's. Unbelievable fifteen, deaths fifteen.
Speaker 12: Tubes it is an amazing ham receiver FOR aim and, shortwave just. Incredible and they manufactured it from nineteen forty to nineteen forty five The helicrafters In, chicago and luckily they dropped the so now it's just known As. Holocrafters just saying what kind of. Radio is that, well that's a the helicrafters just never really. Worked but, oh let's go to WHAT i can find in the.
Speaker 1: Catalog shah by the, Way rick that works only For Ohio state. People The Ohio State university is to the.
Speaker 12: Catalog we, GO i am a The Ohio state. Graduate yet still didn't. Work, Okay so this is A World war two era ad and it's you, know go war by war, bonds et. Cetera and that's, fine but it says meet your new. Neighbor now there's a picture of two people. Here i'm gonna say that it's a husband with a very holding a very displeased looking chicken and a. Tunic not the, chicken the husband dressed in a tunic address a turban and WHAT i would guess is A David niven, mustache which IS i assume wife who looks like a bell hoop with elvis Are it Says java stands right at the, crossroads one of the most exciting corners of the. World it is one of the string of important stepping stones To asia and The, east steps that include the magic sounding islands Of, Madura, Sumatra, borneo and The. Salites this these help make the bridge From australia to our Own pacific, outpost The. Philippines, okay, NOW i really don't think it's safe to read anything else that's written. Here but let's just, say, oh what do you mean it's not?
Speaker 1: Safe this is the nineteen, forties what would Not, yeah so.
Speaker 12: Let me let me paraphrase by saying that Since java is currently held by The japanese thanks to, helicrafters the word going to evict The japanese and take Over java and then they'll be our. Friend it was a time read the actual, COPY.
Speaker 1: I, know but it just sparks my imagination and piques my. CURIOSITY i wonder what the actual copy. Says maybe you don't have to tell me off, air And i'll decide WHETHER i can disseminate disseminate it properly on air and not violate ANY fcc regulations.
Speaker 12: Or make me feel as bad as h or make me be thought of as some people might have thought Of liam when he talked why he's.
Speaker 6: Going to be out next?
Speaker 1: Week, yeah, right. Exactly all, Right well it's a wonderful, tuner as you, said, receiver and uh and obviously it's it's, working is it really loud with the external, speaker oh my.
Speaker 6: Gosh.
Speaker 12: Yes and with the push pull output it actually has incredible. Fidelity and WHEN i say, incredible it's a little bit hard to believe because given the TWO rf and TWO I s, stages meaning that the signal is amplified four times right before it ever even gets, processed every one of those, stages every one of those. Amplifiers while it increases the, sensitivity it decreases the. Fidelity and yet with so they put in basically a high five like amplifier section to try to bring a lot of that. Back and, yeah it was a great. Compromise it worked well well. Compromise, yeah one hundred and seventy nine dollars and fifty cents in nineteen forty four, thousand one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Today wonderful trade in a car for.
Speaker 8: That it's still, kidding.
Speaker 1: All, Right, rick thank you very much for the. Report as, always my friend old Radio rick at gmail dot. Com if you'd like to get in touch.
Speaker 14: Ever care me come bed whiskey round, man.
Speaker 1: And it's only a little place really by. Elevation we're heading, east my, friends how, Now Brown, County good morning to the folks in the lovely village Of, Ripley. Ohio they're on the banks of The Mighty Ohio river On Main street at a place Called Brookie saloon where they are. Gathered good, Morning, Gang.
Speaker 9: Good, morning.
Speaker 6: Was it was?
Speaker 1: It shery Sherryon doug this?
Speaker 7: Morning is that?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 15: Oh, no we Got matt And lackey and The World traveler, also you, know almost Like Johnny.
Speaker 9: Cash we Got buzz here this.
Speaker 1: Morning he's been, everywhere, Man he's been. Everywhere he was everywhere.
Speaker 9: Yesterday it was quite the list of that places and.
Speaker 1: Events oh, buzz, buzz did you put one on?
Speaker 9: Yesterday?
Speaker 14: Hell, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're still in the middle of it right.
Speaker 9: Now lexie's got A halloween joke.
Speaker 1: Here oh, no, Okay so LEX, lexi before you do The halloween, JOKE i want you to know THAT i think you're, adorable AND i think you're, great and you're a wonderful person and you're lovely and all of. That but there can only be one day From. Harrison so if you're if you're gonna, it better be, good because you know you've got a lot of talent to contend. Against when we're talking About dave From, Harrison So lexi From, brookies go ahead with Your halloween.
Speaker 6: Joke, WELL i don't think THAT i can live up to his, jokes but this one is just for the spirit Of, halloween all, right all? Right so how do you fix a Broken jack o'lanner?
Speaker 1: Pumpkin what.
Speaker 7: You got?
Speaker 1: It a pumpkin? Patch? Yeah do? Those do? Those do those come in?
Speaker 14: ORANGE i?
Speaker 6: Hope so.
Speaker 1: That's very. Good tell Tell noah that. ONE i think he'll enjoy. That so what's going on At brookies this? Weekend if? Anything two, night eight.
Speaker 16: Pm your old Buddy Harry.
Speaker 1: Pettigo you know, WHAT i used to love that. Guy he's an extremely talented. Musician, uh but he hasn't taken my calls like Since Donald trump won the, election AND i think there's an. ISSUE i Think Harry ago Has trump derangement. Syndrome AND i thought more of them than.
Speaker 6: That The queena hearts Next, wednesday seven.
Speaker 16: Thirty it was two hundred and twelve thousand.
Speaker 5: Last week and headed higher this. WEEK i don't know what the weather's gonna.
Speaker 10: BE i think the weather's going to be good to that. DRAWING i think it'll be great being.
Speaker 1: OUTSIDE i think there is a week of dry weather. Ahead, Shrey you are, correct the weather beaver is. Correct and when will the weather rock ever be? REPLACED i don't.
Speaker 12: KNOW i haven't talked To lisa here for a couple of, weeks SO.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 6: Know we've really got to work on, that all.
Speaker 1: Right all? Right well, please because people ask me all the, time is the weather rock still In? RIPLEY i, SAID i have no.
Speaker 10: Idea, well it's being, repaired you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay you had to send it off. Hopefully oh, yeah hopefully it's being repaired By.
Speaker 17: Americans oh, Absolutely but wouldn't be any other.
Speaker 5: Way, okay all, right?
Speaker 1: Good anything else to? Add anybody to say hello to anything going?
Speaker 6: On al From?
Speaker 9: Kentucky what what'd you?
Speaker 5: Say al From? Kentucky he's the man that's repairing the weather.
Speaker 1: Rock but he's not he's not Loud.
Speaker 12: Awl right, Now well we missed loud al longer with?
Speaker 1: It we miss loud. Awl all, Right, well if you ever get a, chance get on down To brookies some someday and enjoy the gang there On Main street In ripley and The queen Of hearts drawings continue in excess of two Hundred Grand Next, Wednesday, gaza and against that, backdrop we welcome our friend From edna into the. Fold steve From edna with a pithy commentary and news of the.
Speaker 5: Week good Morning, Stavin good Morning, Gary.
Speaker 15: Jeff you, know we just can't go crying wolf every time A democrat socialist says something. Satanic these are not the end times anymore than the sixties were the end. Times god does not have a. Wristwatch he is. Timeless this week lots of folks were giddy about a peace agreement in The Middle. East John's book Of revelation would. Disagree Recall, ecclesiastes what has been will be, Again what has been done will be done. Again there is nothing new under the. Sun in the nineteen fifties and, sixties governor's barred university entrances to black. Students a former five star general and current president had to send in.
Speaker 5: Paratroopers open the.
Speaker 15: Doors, Today Marxist muslims bar entry AT ucla And colombia To, jews and a president as to once more. Intervene in nineteen sixty, EIGHT i watched Fellow university Of iowa students Wave vietcong. Flags two years later shut down the school a month before. Graduation, Today Marxist muslims Wave palestinian flags on campuses they apparently co own with The Chinese Communist. Party we are presently in a shutdown where the far left wants medical care for illegals Under obamacare and refunding of public.
Speaker 5: TELEVISION i live through that.
Speaker 15: Birth so let's take a look at our imitation in the sixties Of azvestia And, pravda beginning WITH Fcc Chairman Newton minno's nineteen sixty One Vast wasteland. Speech here is his rant on television quote a procession of game, shows, violence audience participation, shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable, Families blood And thunder may have, violence sat as a, Murder western Bad, Men western Good, Men Private, eyes, gangsters, cartoons and endlessly. Commercials mino believed television had become beholden To nielsen, ratings, ratings and. Revenues nothing new, there Quite, frankly The mino rage would.
Speaker 5: Pretty much FIT tv.
Speaker 15: Today, Cartoons, Heck fox puts them on Primetime sundays featuring those totally unbelievable families. Violence, Presently mennos beloved PUBLIC, tv even puts a warning.
Speaker 5: Label on its violence and.
Speaker 15: Mayhem how about our contemporary audience participation, Shows Jerry Springer More ecclesiastes could be a network, executives had the man lived long. Enough in nineteen sixty, one The United States army was still working on something.
Speaker 5: That we call The.
Speaker 15: Internet your grandpa's CABLE tv was about a decade into the, future and it mostly brought in distance, signals not new.
Speaker 5: Programs The Public.
Speaker 15: Broadcasting act of sixty seven GAVE pbs its start.
Speaker 5: In nineteen sixty.
Speaker 15: One, strangely that high brow Programming Newton meno was looking for had already started in the fifties and in prime time on commercial. Stations yes there Was. Shakespeare maybe The bard said it. Best much ado about. Nothing next, week maybe we can resurrect one of those high brow egchheads from the FIFTIES tv who just happens to have been born a few miles From, Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Ohio interesting. Story, okay talk to you next.
Speaker 1: Week well you have definitely piqued my. Curiosity, STEVE i can't wait till Next saturday, morning same bad, channel same bad, time And ray From lovelin is standing. By we'll talk to brothers it's fantastic to have The Tall stacks type festival back in, town The River roots Celebrating america's two hundred and fiftieth birthday coming, up and it's just a great time to be An american and Being, cincinnati and it's a great time to talk to my frand Brother Ray.
Speaker 9: Scott you want To Ray Frank, gary you have good, morning my. Friend you, Know and that that, song as good as it is to listen, to it was out way way BEFORE. Mtv this for, You, liam and that song is to be watched as much as listen to.
Speaker 6: You you're not.
Speaker 18: KIDDING i remember that, song AND i remember that AND i you, know and speaking of, that you, Know liam's uh his next week, excursion AND i just wanted to say THAT i think it's really important for a.
Speaker 9: Young man to few things with a wide.
Speaker 4: Lens AND i applaud him for whatever this thing he's attended next.
Speaker 9: Weekend and you, know a young man.
Speaker 4: Should have should take a broad, perspective you. Know and mm, hmmm where the girls are then maybe that's?
Speaker 1: Where, yeah but do you really want the purple hair girls with the five nose? RINGS i, see not not necessarily. LISTEN i AM i am, NO i am no model male model by any. Means i'm never going to be up for the Sexiest Man. Alive but there seem to be a lot of people WHO i don't know could use some some esthetic tips on their appearance at places like The No King's rallies and the. Like if you know WHAT i, mean And i'm not being, Mean i'm just it's it's an obvious kind of point that everyone can see clearly from the. Faith these people do not look like they're dressed for, success if you know WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Mean oh, MIND i.
Speaker 7: SKETCH i love.
Speaker 9: That that's that's an old one to.
Speaker 4: Get you, know maybe he could bring us back What's Tracy jones called the Q r. Score maybe he could do a get a forward port on, this you, know the following, week And i'd be. Curious but, hey you know that's, cool AND i, YES i.
Speaker 7: Mean.
Speaker 1: A pretty training is one. Thing but they're, Far they're. Far they're far and few, between is What i'm. Saying and they're mostly and there are a lot of them are at these. Rallies that's All i'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, well the real question, is, well the real thing, is you, know, uh we should celebrate the fact That Joe flacco maybe he'll throw less. Interceptions does he bring that offensive line down From cleveland when he gets here by the way that they make it in that that's right?
Speaker 1: Down, no but he he does Have Jamar chase to throw to as opposed To Jerry, judy SO i think that's a bonus for.
Speaker 4: It, well seg report yesterday That jamar left. Practice STILL i hope it was just a passing. Illness but, yeah how polit justice would that be your number one? Player you're number one and number two out the? Door hopefully, not so we'll keep our fingers.
Speaker 1: Crossed i'll Ask mo about this later on this. Morning But i'm excited about the first game of The Jordan jefferson era with The. Bengals they signed him to off waivers From San. Francisco there we. GO i think his play will be.
Speaker 9: Key and by the, WAY i want to BEFORE i, FORGET i want to Thank.
Speaker 4: Steve almost feel like this, segment if we could gain college credit to listen to, segments MAYBE i could finish my volunteer state.
Speaker 9: Degree is that?
Speaker 4: Possible it's so it's almost like A hillsdale.
Speaker 9: Video or.
Speaker 7: There should be some college credit for what he.
Speaker 1: KNOWS i just want CONSIDERING i didn't even graduate from the radio program and have only been in the business for forty five years, now volunteer state education goes a long. Way ray have you done? Well have a blessed, weekend my, Friend thank you so. Much it's six point fifty eighth your identity you strongly. Check, yep that's me coming up on six minutes after the hour seven oh Six, eastern that, is And saturday morning edition. Continues, well now we know officially that man made climate change did not cause The Palisades fire In. California one evil or at least idiotic human being who was a climate cultist started the fire on. Purpose so that blows up that. Narrative and here to blow up a few, more my Friend Steve, shilty environmental engineer. Extraordinaire uh, SO i did not hear about, this But i'm sure you're gonna tell us now there was a fat a fat burg weighing two hundred and twenty thousand pounds removed from a. Sewer tell me about that.
Speaker 7: Story, well this.
Speaker 16: Is my public service announcement inspired by this article comes from The Water Environment Federation Smart Brief Tuesday october seventh and THE bbc article Of october, Third the headline, says fatburg weighing two hundred and twenty thousand pounds.
Speaker 9: Removed from the.
Speaker 16: Sewer so they have A this is In West, London, uh you, know Great. Britain they have A they had a block add estimated two hundred and twenty thousand. Pounds it took them more than a month to remove this.
Speaker 1: FATBURG i, explain explain what a fatburg.
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 6: Please fatburgh Is.
Speaker 16: Uh it consists mainly of wet whites held together by, fat oil and. Grease so basically it becomes a solid.
Speaker 1: Mass sounds delicious, anyway go.
Speaker 16: Ahead so they had to, access you, know get through to the sewer through a, manhole and they had to have gas monitors for, safety and they had they had a blast jack, hammer chisel and suck out the bockete of four hundred and ten feet of the sewer in order.
Speaker 6: To get it.
Speaker 16: Out so my public service announcement for this morning is the only thing that you go down the toilet besides the number one and number two is toilet.
Speaker 9: Paper the fleshable whites are not.
Speaker 16: Flushable, yeah you can flush them down the toilet but they don't dissolve or they don't break up in the. Sewer and even paper towels nowadays has a lot of the paper towels they have cloth fibers in, them and again they pretty Much so this is what causes. Problems and it's not just In.
Speaker 9: London that happens the and ice and all around the.
Speaker 16: World because people think flush bull whites are are like toilet, papers they are not THOSE a little public service, announced.
Speaker 1: All, right Mister. Chulti we have been experiencing some moderate drought conditions here in The cincinnati And tri state area for a, while but this is not, unprecedented nor is it the worst drought, ever is.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 16: No this comes From Heartland institute At, Heartland Dot. Oregon there Climate Change weekly number five fifty eight of, Yesterday october, tenth and the headline Says Mesa american mega droughts worse in the past now Mes america basically Southern, mexico The Yukon, Peninsula, Belize, guatemala And, honduras that kind of general area Of Central. America research published in peer review Journal science And advance as fine strouts in this area are not unusual as they are in recent. Decades in, fact there are no way as severe and prolonged as the. Past and what they did is they use what it's called proxy data developing by examining the leg. Mites now remember from, science the leg mites are the columns rising up from plays came. Foward the lay tights are coming down from the. Ceiling so they looked at records in the lowlands Of Yucatan peninsula from eight hundreds through one THOUSAND, ad and they found a long term drought occurred that likely contributed to basically the disappearance of The mayan, culture and particularly at thirteen Year mega drought from nine twenty nine to four nine two corresponded with halted monument construction and political disruption and Key mayan. Sights so what even periods of time before and after The mega, drought De maya experienced radical swings of extreme weather with repeated periods of drought and extreme rainfall and droughts followed by flooding were. Common despite the two levels lower than, today the lake by data during the one hundred and fifty years from eight seventy one to ten twenty one from the lowlands experienced eight wet season drouts lasting three or years or, more broken up by one or two extremely, wet rainy, seasons the longest being the period of thirteen. Years and what they found is that inscriptions on The mayan temples confirmed the dates of these extreme droughts up until the thirteen year drought or The mega, drout when the inscriptions even At, china one of the Largest mayan.
Speaker 9: Complex has never developed stopped.
Speaker 16: Entirely oh, yeah, well this is something you, know they've known for a long time that climate, change by mother and name is what brought down the mind.
Speaker 1: Culture the fact of the matter is the climate changes with or without us all the. Time thank, You, STEVE i appreciate. It seven to eleven fix And Liam, tomlinson if you would please let's replace this with something more appropriate this, morning and it's kind of a look ahead to this week's rock and roll angeology with the Music. Professor we found out this week about the passing of bass Player John lodge of The Moody. Blues there's a little slice and more to come seven thirteen on seven l, anyway more From John, lodge The Late John lodge of The Moody. Blues you couldn't find a better copy of that it was last. Minute, Sorry Liam, justice singer and a bass player in a rock and roll. Band and now there's one less moody blue in the, world and the world's a saddered place because of. It but more with the music professor in just a few. Minutes right, now let's talk To Tom. Davis Tom Davis, DIARIES i call him the wild wacky stories from around the country the. WORLD i hope there's not a thermos involved in any of. These Good Morning, Gary.
Speaker 19: Jeff this week Fat dog gets the last. Laugh but first turns out a big rumor out Of New York city was just that a. Rumor people online thought that they could now have a carrier pigeon deliver marijuana to them as long as they were in one of the five. Burrows it was just a gimmick to raise awareness of a cannabis. Shop but they had all kinds of people, angry including online campaigns to stop them for physical abuse against the. Animals plus they were protests outside the, store all for fake. Pigeons, meanwhile some guy who was fired from An Oscar meyer warehouse is now suing for unfair. Dismissal it Seems Carl davies would walk around saying top of the morning to you in a Terrible irish, accent and so much so that they fired him for. It his supervisor could not take it. Anymore so this guy is suing for a whopping twenty one thousand. Dollars in the city Of, Utiville South, carolina the mayor and town clerk are being hailed as. Heroes they spotted a monkey terrorizing the town. Square instead of calling animal, control this dynamic duo used what they had and lured the beast in with a hot cup of. Coffee the monkey was all too happy to start, sipping and they somehow took it captive and returned it to its rightful. Owner and, Finally i'll never look at a fat dog the same way. AGAIN a golden lab is lucky to be alive after a car hit him in the middle of a busy. Street it drove over the pup before he was flipped from belly to chest while being pinned underneath a. Tire the dog's owner quickly rushed him to the vet BEFORE x rays revealed something very. Shocking the pooch had no broken bones or internal bleeding because his fat roles acted as a protective. Airbag doctors cautioned that the dog should lose weight as soon as possible to prevent serious health. Problems later on next, week thirty thousand people watch it's a live stream of a woman giving.
Speaker 1: Birth have a great weekend into yet another hour of This Saturday morning edition For, Saturday october, eleventh twenty twenty. Five Dan gang's all, here as they like to, said at least the gang that. Matters you're, here and that's all that. Matters Gary jeff walking with you five minutes past the eight o'clock, hour just in case you're scoring at. Home and if you're scoring at home while you're wasting your time listening to, me that's always a. Question NOW i like to, POST i know why you're. Listening if it's not For Jim, lebarbara if it's not for The gang From, ripley if it's not For dick From, dayton Or lynette with a beautiful hymn done a cappella so, Nicely Steve shulty in The Environmental Old Radio, rick it's for. Science, mike that's why you're. HERE i. Know it's the only REASON i can in this.
Speaker 11: MORNING i KNEW i talked to mikel, yes but as a night and, scientist he was surprising all blinded me with good.
Speaker 1: Morning, michael how are?
Speaker 7: You oh, Good i'm perspiring now my.
Speaker 1: Reason for my reason for coming into work right here on the, phone AND i cannot wait for the present we're about to unwrap together courtesy Of Science mike and A Science. Minute this IS i, mean this is definitely the high point of the morning so.
Speaker 7: Far, well, well let's let's do let's do, sports let's do have quit. Sports, okay you got your. Numbers the number one state team Elder By thailand's last, night forty to. Sixteen And i'm disappointedly and didn't for that score out?
Speaker 1: There well he, did he did actually at five forty five. Sports you can't give all of the high school scores at once because it's such a, long copious. LIST i, mean it's it's, voluminous And.
Speaker 7: I'm very happy to say this For, Monday Happy Columbus.
Speaker 1: Day Happy Columbus. Day absolutely technically it Was october twelfth Was Columbus, day but then now they do it on the First monday or the Closest monday they usually do, it so they usually do. It this is put on so people can get a day. Off but you know, what a lot of people in the government are off For Columbus day.
Speaker 7: Apparently, well, see it, works all works. Out, okay let's let's get to the science. Topic you know that natural uh what's that sweetener called, stevia that it's a natural yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah so they that boosts.
Speaker 20: Hair.
Speaker 7: Growth so a lot of a lot of people are suffer from andro genetic, alpecia which is male well not, male but male pattern baldness specifically for a lot of a lot of even women sadly have it. Also but you, know they have that that drug out there called, monoxidil which you apply to your your scalp and helps helps the follicles. Grow and but actually monoxidvill doesn't really work very well because it doesn't absorb into the skin. Easily, yeah and and and what they do AND i discovered that they may. Hate let's take the compound that's in stevia that they called stebby, aside and and we're going to make a mixture of it and put it with the monoxidil on the. Patch and uh and by, gosh it surely does help the monoxivill absorb in the skim skin much. Better and, uh that dark, hair it just grows like. Gangbusters you, know it's just just popping out all over the place because of the the. Stevia don't don't think you can put steavy in your the actual sweetener sprinkle on your. Head that's that's not really How.
Speaker 1: No of course. Not the only reason you want to put stevia in your head or on your head, is, uh if you're planning on getting licked by A i have no idea you would.
Speaker 7: Not, yeah we'll just say. This, uh it's a great combination with, monoxiden so.
Speaker 1: It actually it's. Ok it's kind of like a CO q ten when you you, know take some of these supplements or you take a CO q ten with, it because it makes it easier to absorb into the. Body it's it's that kind of, thing, Right.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely topical makes it.
Speaker 1: Easier, yeah, well this topical topic was at the top of my. List MICHAEL. A i really appreciate you sharing as always week and the hype and the build up weren't quite big ENOUGH i.
Speaker 7: Think for WHAT i just.
Speaker 1: Got thank, You god bless. You Science mike with us on A saturday morning coming up on ten minutes after the, Hour let's go to love and let's go to Brother Rick green this morning with the word Of god sharing The bible verse with all of. Us, rick good, morning how you doing?
Speaker 9: Right good? Morning?
Speaker 20: GARY i woke up praying for you and your listeners and especially.
Speaker 6: You how are you?
Speaker 5: Feeling you know?
Speaker 1: What i'm feeling a little bit. Better and as soon AS i text you and, said you, KNOW i hadn't really just been feeling all that, well and you said you're praying. Right, then as soon AS i text you AND i appreciate, it you, KNOW i felt the power of feeling Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I'm Probably. John he is Good.
Speaker 20: Gary today we Have john. Ten first ten they said the thief comes only to, steal kill and. DESTROY i have come that day may have life and have it to the. FULL a, man don't you love?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Gary? YES i. DO i love the truth AND i love the love that's all Through god's. WORD i wanted to share something with, you AND i hope she doesn't. Mind but my Wife christa decided that she'd never been, baptized so she has made the. Decision she is getting baptized here in a couple of. Weeks and, uh all, right she's so. Excited i'm excited For.
Speaker 20: God the amy's growing bigger every, Day, gary Every bursday.
Speaker 1: Day, yeah me, too me.
Speaker 9: Too i'm gaining another sister and telling me that's.
Speaker 1: It that's, it all, Right, rick have a blessed, weekend, brother take care. Great Thanks and now for a totally different. Word it's That. Teresa good, morning That. Teresa how are?
Speaker 7: You readings and?
Speaker 5: Salutations, Gary, jeff my good, Man chris the.
Speaker 19: Two, Point, OH i love you so.
Speaker 9: Much time is so awesome, though this is so. Awesome that made my, Morning Gary, jeff thank you for sharing that with.
Speaker 1: Us, sir, Yep i'm sure she's, uh she's proud of. It SO i felt LIKE i could go ahead and tell. Everybody but, anyway what is the word of the, day That?
Speaker 9: Teresa it, Is, oh, Gosh i'm GONNA i, Know i'm gonna have a. HEART i have a heart.
Speaker 17: Time VICISSITUDE v as a VIOLIN I C I S S I u D, e which is a change or variation in the course of something excuse, me a, function often one that is, difficult you, know like a disturbance in the Fourth Youngest, skywalker.
Speaker 9: Have a good day of you. All god bless, You thank, You, Parry, jeff thank.
Speaker 1: You we've got To we've got to convince her to use vicissitude in a. Sentence we'll work on. It you know what your customers are doing right this, second the exact Way good morning kids Time boll gives From wally a special, Occasion john asked his Wife mary what she wants to celebrate their fortieth winning. Anniversary she just kind of doesn't really paying attention to. Him he, said would you would you like a new diamond? Ring she, said not, Really, well how about a New mercedes convertible sports? Car you've always wanted one of? Those she, said, no what about a new vacation home in the. Country she again rejects the offer with no, thanks and, finally, frustrated he, goes, well what do you want for that? Anniversary she turns to him solemnly and, Says, John i'd like a, Divorce he, SAID i wouldn't plan it on spending that.
Speaker 14: Month, hey, mo.
Speaker 5: What's going?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: Well what's going? On we got we got uc football, again another, step another rung of the, ladder perhaps today Against Central. FLORIDA u see up and you see and how's this one shaping?
Speaker 6: Up mo got to slow down a familiar, face familiar player To bearcat, Fans Miles. Montgomery key's A ucf running attack that you know they're going to have to lean.
Speaker 7: On.
Speaker 6: Today we still don't know who The knights starting quarterback is going to. Be David jackson has been dealing with multiple. Injuries Former indiana, PLAYER i think The bearcatch should win this football. GAME i think what's interesting to me, is you, know they played well Against, kansas but still had four touchdowns taken off the. Board they played well last week Against Siowa, state but still really had a hard time closing out the. Game hopefully that's not the case, Today BUT i think most would have said there's no. Chance if you would have, believed if you would have tried to tell someone two months that The bearcats in Mid october have a chance to Be bowl. Eligible if they win, today they're going to be pretty big road favorites next week Against Oklahoma. State they win, today they win that, one this Team's bowl, eligible and then you could really start to talk about Their Big ten title.
Speaker 1: Chances, WELL i think the game Against Iowa, State you're, right they had to fight to close it, out but they. Won, yeah and it's about the wums and in The Big. Twelve this you know that far and few between were the w's in the first you, know year in The Big. Twelve and so this is, progress you, know this is this is the season has been a major step forward For sadderfield and his program there so.
Speaker 6: Far and you, know when you when you think of their first year in The Big, twelve you think of all the growing pains new, coach which in this day and age has never been more. Difficult but also they had to rise to the level of physicality that The Big twelve presented that The american excuse mc garry jets that The american have a conference. Didn't AND i think the game last, week you Know cincinnati's offensive. Line The big twelve has a weekly, award The Big Twelve Offensive line of The. Week The bearcats have gotten that award three. Times their. Front they've allowed the FEWEST amnto sacks in The big twelve one and they create holes in the running. Game AND i think that's the big difference for, me at least between last year and this. Year they look the part of A big twelve team up front on both, lines, right and that was going to take that was going to take some. Time, NOW i think you're being reasonable if you go look last, year at this, time we felt like this program had turned a. Corner they were five and, two and then you, know things fell. Apart but this feels. Different AND i think it feels different because of the skill players they have on the. OUTSIDE i think it feels different because of how good the defensive front has. Been but to, me more than, anything they look and feel and play like a Legitimate big twelve, Team and to, me that starts with their play on the offensive.
Speaker 1: Line AND i think, too the maturation Of sowersby has contributed greatly to THIS. Smo you can see him gaining confidence in playing at this next.
Speaker 6: LEVEL i think you see him gaining. CONFIDENCE i think you see him benefiting from, experience AND i think you also see him benefiting from some wide receivers who are pretty good at getting. Open because WHEN i think of last, year you, KNOW i think of how down the Stretch number One BRENDAN i think got gunshot number. TWO i don't think he trusted his downfield. Targets AND i think you've seen With Caleb, Goody Virus, Allen Jeff, caldwell good group of wide receivers and a whole bunch of. Guys you, know they didn't have a wide out who had ever caught more than twenty five passes in AN fbs college football game OR fbs college football, Season so you know there was going to be a little bit of a learning, curve AND i think we saw that Against. Nebraska since, then they've been able to open things up, offensively And Brendan sorosby is obviously his Play he has been nearly flawless than a major.
Speaker 1: Reason why did you at the beginning of these baseball playoffs Have seattle And toronto playing each other for a chance to go to The World. Series?
Speaker 6: Uh, NO i Had toronto advancing because The Blue jays offense is. TERRIFIC i you, know even though they they kind of melted it down at the end of the season and allowed The Cleveland guardians to catch. THEM i Had detroit BECAUSE i thought the starting pitching With Kerk, scooble who pitched last night for them and was, AWESOME i thought was going to be. Enough but That seattle team caught The Houston astros. Midsummer they've got the best slugger in the sport in cal rally and the fifteen inning game last night was an absolute. Classic and to me what it was it was our reminder of how awesome extra innings baseball can be when we let them actually play baseball and extra innings because the difference between the postseason and the regular season is we don't start postseason extra innings with a guy on second. Base and to, me last night that intensified the. Drama BUT i didn't Have seattle and The Toronto Blue. Jays BUT i do think it's going to be a Terrific American League championship.
Speaker 1: Series you, know in The cubs have been hanging in there like a hair and a grilled cheese sandwich against The Milwaukee. Brewers AND i love that reference because it always makes people want to toss their. Cookies but The cubs have been hanging in, there. Man and you, know in my, house we root for The cubs because my wife is famously A Chicago cubs fans since she was a little. Girl in, fact there is a white w flag that a friend of us hanging over our bed in our bedroom because all we do is. Win all we do is. Win all we do is. Win SO i, mean is there a chance that these boys In blue can overcome The brew.
Speaker 5: Crew.
Speaker 6: Yeah what's interesting about this game tonight is neither TEAM i, think has any idea who their starting pitcher is going to. Be and so you're going to have two managers And Pat murphy And Craig counsel who are going to try to have to figure out how to piece together at nine. Innings excuse, me in an elimination game when they're starting the game not completely sure who should start or who will. Start the ballpark In milwaukee tonight is going to sound Like Wrigley Field Extra. North it did In games one and. Two milwaukee won those. Games chicago's offense is something they've jumped out to big leads each of the last two. GAMES i think that's going to be key tonight just because of the pitching.
Speaker 10: Uncertainty, yeah no.
Speaker 1: Question and finally we, get of, course to the the entree Here moegger and tomorrow is it will go a long way and determining how the rest of The bengals football season goes and what the prospects are for our Beloved. Bengals, tomorrow of, course is the first day of The Ordan jefferson era In. Cincinnati signed off waivers from The San francisco forty nine. Ers it you, Know, jefferson they, say maybe he's he's not quite the player that he used to, be and but you, know they really need to make a difference on that. Defense so how do you see the first game of The Jordan jefferson era against The packers In Green bay tomorrow for Our Cincinnati. Bengals.
Speaker 6: Mom, yeah obviously the acquisition that everybody has been talking about this, week, right and not an insignificant one because the, defense you, know the defense last week in the fourth, quarter as much As Jake brownings in that play was the. Story they did cut it to an eleven point, game ten minutes to, go and if you get a, stop you've got a, chance and they couldn't get a, stop couldn't this. Week if they, do they'll turn the ball over To Joe. Flaco desperate times call for desperate.
Speaker 5: Measures we hold, on hold, on, Moll, yeah what to Who Joe?
Speaker 6: Flacco the starting.
Speaker 1: Quarterback The bengals. Signed The bengals Signed Joe. FLACCO i had NO i knew about The Jordan jefferson. THING i knew there's some other signings to the practice, squad but they Got Joe flacco A Super BOWL. Mvp That Joe flacco number, Sixty joe number, six.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow, Tomorrow Joe flaco.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow this would Be this is the incredible. News this will be the first time ever they'll run the. Table Super bowl winning quarterback will have started a game for The Cincinnati. BENGALS i don't know how long he's gonna last because he cannot move and The bengals offensive line isn't. Great but here's the difference between him And Jake, browning aside from experience and. Age If Jamar chase is, Open Joe flacco's gonna at least try to throw them the. Football and we didn't see that the last three.
Speaker 1: Weeks, no you're, Right you're absolutely. Correct and there's been all kinds of you, know back and, forth people getting really, excited LIKE i pretended to on a moment. Ago but this this, is you, know at least they did, something AND i think people were looking for them to do, something even if even if it was not necessarily the best. Thing but But Joe flacco has the experience, obviously and like you, said if he's not stuck in quicksand and or you, know trying. TO i don't, Know cower for his. Life with This bengals offensive, line he can still sling. It and if he can get it To Jamar chase and T, higgins god love. HIM i mean all, there.
Speaker 6: That's, uh that's pretty much where you. Start jamar's. Open throw it to. Him you know he's going to be a quick. Study he's done this, before did this In cleveland two years. Ago you, know there's nothing The Green Bay, packers who had just played against, him, Right, uh you know there's nothing.
Speaker 1: More in The flacco Led browns beat The Green Bay. Packers The browns won that.
Speaker 7: Game i'm not.
Speaker 6: Sure joe flaccol had much to do with, it but, look AMONG i don't know who the best option would have been among all the possibilities that were out, There BUT i JUST i think you need somebody who can learn the offense very. Quickly, yeah AND i think you need somebody who understands again how to get the ball to the open. Guy WHEN i think Of Jake browning's performances over the last few, weeks that's what stands out to me more than, anything the number of times that it felt like a receiver was open and they didn't Even Jake browning didn't even look his. Way that should improve.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow all, Right, well the proof will be in the, pudding and we're all going to have a spoonful of cheese pudding. Hopefully bles. Fan all, right we have a fantastic. Weekend GO u see.
Speaker 6: You got?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Thanks all, Right, hey counselor what's going. On i'll tell you. What it's been an interesting. Week i'll tell you that much can you handle? Winning remember remember in twenty, sixteen then Candidate trump, said you're gonna you're gonna get sick of. Winning we're gonna win so. Much we had no idea how much winning would happen in the second.
Speaker 21: Term there's no. Way Incredible and in the first year of the second. Term, yeah first, thing it's. INCREDIBLE i mean it really. Is AND i know the left, hates which makes it all the.
Speaker 1: Sweeter and and since we are dealing With israel in The Middle, east we have to have just a little bit of a pause and, say well we'll.
Speaker 21: See, uh people have. TRIED i get, it AND i, know, yeah they've talked about. PEACE i get the skepticism in the, centuries you, know and when you're dealing With. Hamas they're just nothing but a bunch of damn. Liars oh, Sure i'll feel a lot better about it when those hostages are.
Speaker 1: Home but we'll.
Speaker 21: See you, know, what do you think in your wildest dreams Carried Jeff Kamala harris Or Joe biden could have pulled that?
Speaker 1: Off there ain't no. Way well did They? No i'm, Okay i'm saying they. Couldn't they had. To thank, god they didn't have the opportunity they. Had they had over a year After hamas Invaded israel to work something, out and all it got was more convoluted and more bogged. Down, yeah it's it is truly.
Speaker 21: Phenomenal it's a transitional, PRESIDENCY i, think and hopefully it'll be following up with eight years OF.
Speaker 10: Jd.
Speaker 1: Vans. OH i like to see. It The vice president's back in, town by the, way this. Weekend have you considered have you gotten down to the river? Yet for for river?
Speaker 21: Route it's, FUNNY i was going to ask you off air about that if you. Went i'm going down there this.
Speaker 1: AFTERNOON i think our our ticket is tomorrow after, church we're going to go and at least walk down to the. RIVER i don't know if we're doing any. CRUISES i think most of them are probably sold out by. Now, now wait a, MINUTE i thought this was. Free you gotta buy a. Ticket MAYBE i won't. Go, No i'm just kidding. It it ain't like it ain't like the old days in this, business where you just wear your your uh, yeah your lanyard and and Well i'm.
Speaker 21: Media that MEANS i can get. In what's on the show, Today, Well i'll tell. You we're gonna be talking To Christopher. Smithman.
Speaker 1: Uh we had the mayor's.
Speaker 21: Debate of, Course christopher's running for, council not, mayor but, uh he was in, ATTENDANCE i believe In gonna ask him about. That gonna talk To Steve gooden at ten, Thirty gonna talk To steve about the just ridiculous eight year sentence that was handed down to the guy and now gal that the attempted assassination Of Supreme Court Justice Brett. KAVANAUGH i, mean eight, years that's just a slap in the. Face it's JUST i don't, KNOW i got a lot to say about.
Speaker 1: It, WELL i, mean and a lot of. People we really need to reopen a lot of mental, institutions mental health institutions in this. Country i've been saying that for. Years at one, time not so long, ago well probably fifty years, ago there were over a half million beds. Available today there's less than thirty thousand in this. Country done, surprising and we've got a lot of them who were walking the streets or or transitioning or whatever you're, doing trying to assassinate. People you got a lot of The Damilon County Justice center. Too oh, YEAH i mean that affects the criminal justice system in ways that it. Shouldn't SO i agree with, you AND i think, maybe And i've talked to a couple of, EXPERTS i think maybe it's trending that way that we may go back to that, now not Like. LONGVIEW i don't know if you're familiar with.
Speaker 14: That, no, no, no it was just.
Speaker 1: Awful there were one or two places that were. Terrible the rest provided a wonderful service to both the patients and society at. Large after the, show show At Huddles saturday midday With Mike allen coming up next on seven HUNDERD wlw