Speaker 1: We can.
Speaker 2: Hang out with Justin Guard, meet Sauce, Max Parker, Halby, Hoop House, Bracket Bash, watch parties on March nineteenth and twentieth, catch the games to score giveaways like sixty five inch TV's both days. Get the full details at kfan dot com. Keyword calendar week away from March Madness.
Speaker 3: That sounds like fun, and a few weeks away from the Masters.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll be in that one.
Speaker 5: I wanted to do the Players one, but I'm gonna be at Disney not watching. Yeah, so I want to be able to sit and sweat the.
Speaker 1: Golf, yeah, the whole time.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna be a perfect weekend here to watch golf because we're gonna get eighty feet of snow.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, you think that really happens. It looking like it's gonna happen. Are the models showing that?
Speaker 2: Sounds like a baseline right now of six inches is the low end here?
Speaker 6: Yeh, anybody I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, man, But then yeah, right now, it's all going to be depending on where where it hits switch there. I mean, we could have all boards of I mean they're saying, what's six to twenty five inches.
Speaker 6: Later, you tell me what Eagle River, Wisconsin looks like?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: Or is Eagle River?
Speaker 5: It appears that the further east you go from here is going to be more snow.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, Chris. Yeah, yeah, the up is well, maybe it's a little north of where, but you there, they're gonna ge hit pretty good today, I believe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm driving there. As soon as the show's over.
Speaker 4: We'll have far yep, snow cross Maybe that's awesome. What time will that be tonight?
Speaker 6: I think six o'clock's opening ceremonies, So it's only like five hour drive, but I figure it took me about seven if the snow's like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what, thank you.
Speaker 6: If it gets bad, I'll pull over, get a hotel room, go to sleep, or just sleep in my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, wait to meet the Lord.
Speaker 4: So there's a winter storm warning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're probably gonna tell me not to think.
Speaker 2: They're getting hit pretty good right now, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the northern Minnesota over to Lake Superior was getting blasted last night, so yeah, I know those.
Speaker 1: Their warning continues for Duluth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The key is this spring is right around the corner, so this stuff will melt quickly. I think the long range for next weekend looks tasty. So fifties, I think, so, I believe, so.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 6: Don't we go to like seventeen though in a couple of days. Today it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Chilly Monday, Tuesday, it's gonna be chilly.
Speaker 6: So it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 6: Branon ain't a ninety about it? Right, let's go, right, I like big snow and I cannot lie. Hell yeah, man, actually I can't. I'm pretty good it. Don't don't believe what I say? Shall we do the news?
Speaker 8: Sure? This is campe in News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 6: Hey, by the way, Cory, you're gonna live in Iceland someday, right, No, okay. They have a euphemism for pooping called playing chess with the Pope, and I have no idea what it could possibly mean.
Speaker 4: Playing chess with the Pope.
Speaker 6: I've been trying to figure it out. This morning was one of my what really matters I didn't get to and it is playing chess with the pope. They say they're.
Speaker 1: Going to go.
Speaker 6: If you're talking to an Icelandic person, they said they're going to go play chess with the Pope. They mean they're going to go poop.
Speaker 4: There's no way to know if Pope Leo grew up playing chess, right, No, I don't. I don't know that. Do you guys know that I don't know. Nope, you guys have never seen me play chess. You've never seen the Pope play chess. If he walked in here right now and said, you and me, let's go, who's your money on me or the Pope?
Speaker 6: I played you in chess? Have I not?
Speaker 4: I don't think checkers? You were playing chess?
Speaker 1: Yes, Corey was playing checkers.
Speaker 2: You I take me, I take you, Yeah, yes, I take the Pope.
Speaker 4: I take you to the You know I've played chess, though we have no idea if he's ever played chess.
Speaker 6: I bet he has a lot of downtime educated guess that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it speaks multiple languages. He's probably very very does not.
Speaker 4: Mean that you're good at chess. That if you haven't never played, you wouldn't understand the strategy. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, anyway, I'm just putting this out.
Speaker 4: In the universe. If he ever wants to play the heads up, I'd be sweet of him. That's the only way to play chess. His heads up. Yeah, I'm just used to saying that because a poker. But I can't think of a four way battan chess. No, this isn't blockis another great game.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say anything about him playing chess via Google, but it does say he plays wordle.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, so five year old could play wordle. I mean you know, is that right?
Speaker 6: I've never played it.
Speaker 4: It's easy, it's it's fun, though it takes two seconds to learn how to do it. Five guesses to get the word correct.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: Our top stories of the day. I'll just give you the headlines because we talked about him already. But who out at the Mall of America?
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect food.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a new best hotel in Minnesota's the one down at the airport. The winds are knocking power out. They're so bad out there. They'll be slowing down a little bit here at ten. But then come to snow and finally say Paul. Police are investigating a claim by a McAllister college student who said a professor urinated on her backpack.
Speaker 4: O god it you love it.
Speaker 6: According to a public police report, the alleged incident took place on December fifth, when a student told police she left her backpack unattended for a short time a short time on campus, discovered it had been urinated on when she got back.
Speaker 5: That's brilliant, though, do something so crazy that you'd be like, no, that's insane. Why would I Yes, I'm their backpack. Only a crazy person would come back, is it?
Speaker 6: Report names the suspect, who worked as a professor at the college. Officer wrote the report detailed the incident investigators fourth degree intentional damage to property, which is a misdemeanor.
Speaker 5: Is there any proof you got to fight that one all the way to the Yeah, on the record, you do not.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: The name has not been reported, but an email to the professor in question bounced back, so apparently no longer works there. But I would like to know why, right the professor man or woman? I'm guessing man harder for a woman and are there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's probably students that when they heard that, they're like, oh, for sure, that's that seems believable for this, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: I think it was professor plumb in the journal with the backpack?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you solved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you did it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I I like board games.
Speaker 5: Just what led up to it to where you're just like, I am going to piss on this backpack. You've got to be so furious.
Speaker 6: I've told her a hundred times, don't leave your purse in the cart. This this will teacher you know what I mean, your backpack.
Speaker 5: If Chloe becomes a bad listener or reverts to, you know, the three year old type of lack of listening, this going, I'm going to just piss on her backpack.
Speaker 6: Well, that was going to be my guest.
Speaker 4: That was going to be my guest.
Speaker 8: Or should I just lay cable on it, just uncoil one.
Speaker 1: Like the stairs in Vegas, and.
Speaker 5: I just point at it and go, this is what happens when you don't listen. Yeah, she'd tell that a circle time lead, circle time parenting.
Speaker 6: Just go ahead and drive her straight to her first therapist appointment at that Yeah, yeah, Cable, let's straight up for because it's a real story. Four crew members killed after US refueling plane crashes in Iraq. It looks like two of those giant refueling planes might have run into each other in mid air. I didn't realize that they would be in the same space, if you know what I mean, because one I would think one of them does job over here and the other one does a job over there. But apparently four of these six members of a US military refueling aircraft's crew have been confirmed dead after crashed in western Iraq. Rescue efforts continue after the loss of the KC one five, having earlier said neither hostile nor friendly fire were involved in the downing of the aircraft. So it does look like they ran into each other in mid air and there I saw a picture of the tail fin of the one that came home. Yep, and that's where the other one hit it.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, really, is that right? Just how it looks, the how precise.
Speaker 6: They have to be with one it was refueling that hit it. Yeah, oh okay, got it. And I took forget that they were two of the same type of planes.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, but again I haven't read it.
Speaker 5: I'm speculating because those wouldn't have been that close together.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 4: But it's God bless those people.
Speaker 6: That is the most incredible thing to watch happen. Yeah, I can't even imagine somebody had to say at one point, you know what we can do, Let's fly one up underneath that other one and put fuel in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, incredible, man.
Speaker 5: Those the long run, the long range bombing runs that we would do from here to over there. They would refuel multiple times in the air, No big deal. Just when you see the video of how it's done, I just again, I don't know how it doesn't happen more often.
Speaker 6: Yeah, crazy? So all right, Peter, those heroes, right man. Just the worst So that's happening right now is we're talking about sports and stuff, so why not to forget that, right, So that's your news today, ladies and gentlemen. But the biggest news, of course in the sports world is we've got a brand new quarterback. And here he is. This is Kyler Murray or Kyle Murray, depending on who you are talking about.
Speaker 11: Taking one year deal contractually, it doesn't really doesn't really make a difference to me.
Speaker 4: Every year to me is go out there and approve a year.
Speaker 11: Every time I step between those white lines, I'll take you pride and and you know how.
Speaker 4: I play the game.
Speaker 11: What I'll bring to the game, and I just want want my teammates to know that I'm I'm riding for regardless of the circumstances, you know, and then they can count on me so contractually, like I said, it doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna give this organization everything I got.
Speaker 6: That's part of the audio. By the way, I was listening to Brero and Gersey last night and somebody I guess they were doing the zoom. Yeah, kept getting emails during this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm excited. Yeah, that's good man, right, not right, it'll be good. You're just debating on Sports Center the eight and a half projected over under Man.
Speaker 8: That's dead center five hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think over, I think over, especially if we could hit on a couple draft picks. They don't have to be all world, just someone that can start and contribute, which we haven't really had with the previous gms.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'll tell you what. The NFL never ends.
Speaker 3: Does it.
Speaker 6: It's an offseason, and I like it.
Speaker 4: Do you have a website with your name in it?
Speaker 5: It's funny that you ask, I do John creesel dot com. If you are planning an event that could use a motivational keynote. John Creesel dot com. Let's get it on the calendar. I love you guys, skull Vikings. I will not be in next week because I will be in Disney, but I will be back the week after. I'm so excited. Yeah, she's at the perfect age for it. So it's yep, six right, six and a half. See that is the half the key to her spot. That's the sweet spot.
Speaker 4: You doing the bibiti boppity and all the what are you doing?
Speaker 8: Work in the cap be fixed, enjoyment.
Speaker 4: Give one of those ninety three dollars Mickey pretzels for me and bring it back. I'll reheat it when you get back. Perfect, all right, dude. Marti Gelller joins in a second initials. An hour from now, this is the power to Morning showIn the fan.
Speaker 2: Your shot at the KF and bracket challenges back. You will be able to go to our contest page and send in your bracket. First place will win two thousand.
Speaker 8: Dollars already filled and a sixty.
Speaker 1: Five inch TV.
Speaker 2: Get every pick right and you could win one million dollars. It says, don't stall enter now, but you can't yet.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe I just sign up and then just start guessing who will be in a brackets kfan dot com keyword contest.
Speaker 2: My chair is Dying driven by Dave Smith motor Is, America's only national car dealer.
Speaker 6: Did I have a stroke? What did you say?
Speaker 1: My chair is dying?
Speaker 6: So you did say that?
Speaker 4: Yes, what's going down? Okay, it's timble Tommy, which never go full time, full time. All the meatballs are here. I gotta go get the meet me. I'm excited that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, let's do it. A coyote Corey in Westchester County tested positive for rabies. The single coyote got busy. He attacked three people and six dogs on Monday alone. I mean props to this coyote. Da Yeah man, hmmm. Hearth officials said anyone bitten or scratched by an animal should seek medical attention. They also said anybody in contact with an animal suspected of having rabies should go and report it. I'm probably good and do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like those those drug ads at the end where they say do not take this and alert your doctor if you're frothing at the mouth, And I'm like, if I'm frothing at the mouth. I'm definitely gonna call my doctor, yeah for sure, even without hearing this commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll probably been called doctor Stephen Mead as well, or at least Google.
Speaker 4: Like web md and just ask for good point. Yeah, you know, I don't think enough people know about rabies. So a handful of years ago I did a Rabi's awareness like walk for the Cure, right, and I tried to raise as much money as possible. I got everybody in the office involved, and we tried to raise some money and it was like a five k And what now, has.
Speaker 6: It happened to you yet?
Speaker 1: Rosie hasn't been here in years?
Speaker 4: Oh no, never mind, that was just a bit from the office that didn't happen to me. Has it happened to you though? It hasn't happened to me. But man, I was watching the French national team last night, like Verma, Thor and Vagar were coming off the bench and ce smoke started And how did the US even come close to losing to that team? Cease?
Speaker 6: Yep, you sure did?
Speaker 4: What was was Kyle there? I don't know. I guess it's so mean to him.
Speaker 6: I don't know why, of course, he does.
Speaker 8: He watched the whole game.
Speaker 7: According to him, I named dragons from House of the Dragon.
Speaker 6: You didn't say the magic word, Rosie.
Speaker 4: And they did.
Speaker 8: Fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 4: I said, how is the US sweating this team? How are we lo?
Speaker 7: We have Lebron James and Steph Currie. We almost lost to Sea Smoke in Fermo Thorpe Valarian Vega street fighter character.
Speaker 4: That's Vega. Yeah, Vega named my dog after that. Uh. The Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Signed former numb or one overall pick Kyler Murray to a one year contract. The Vikings will pay him basically the VET minimum, but he will make thirty six point eight million from the Cardinals. He's thrown for one hundred and twenty one touchdowns and sixty interceptions, and in his career he was the number one overall pick in twenty nineteen. They will say what they want, but he is your starting quarterback ninety percent for week one. It's one hundred percent unless he gets hurt. Oh yeah, it's it's so the only percentage that you can knock off is his injury. It's ninety nine point nine.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how that's even possible. To go the other way, So you know they're gonna KOC just said all the right things yesterday. It's the coach speaking, it's the company line of we hope they both push each other, and that's you hope it finds a way to help JJ push himself to keep going.
Speaker 8: But I can't think he's going to be thrilled. No, there's how much.
Speaker 4: And I'm not talking about like, well, JJ doesn't. He hasn't earned the right to care, saying as a human being. If last year they let Darnald go and it's like, all right, it's this is your team, let's go, and now a year later it's obviously not your team because they signed Kyler. Yeah, it's it's it's uh. You know, it could go one of two ways. You could just say I'm gonna work my ass off and work harder than ever and I'm gonna get this team back to be mine, or you could do the I gotta get out of here. This isn't for me, and you know, take your ball and go home. Who knows. I don't know nine No, never met him. I have no idea which way he's going to go.
Speaker 6: He's got a deeper voice. I thought he was gonna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same. Yeah. The Kyler's voice does not match his friend, Yeah, because he's diminutive. Diminutive for a for an NFL quarterback, even though he's taller than the average.
Speaker 8: Man five times.
Speaker 4: But he has the voice that sounds like you would make if you're walking into a bar and you have a fake ID and you're twenty years old. You know what I'm saying, right, Georgia.
Speaker 8: So, mister Murray, you're twenty six years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll go back.
Speaker 4: To the lead. Eleven days.
Speaker 11: I remember, you know, during the combine, I did, uh, you know, I had an interview with the Redskins at the time commanders and he was with them, and he pulled me aside after my meeting with him, and ever since then our relationship, he's always made sure to check in on me, whether it was after a game, you know, things like that.
Speaker 4: So I always expected that.
Speaker 11: Always appreciate his opinion of me and the support that he's given me.
Speaker 4: What's your address was sixteen hundred Utica Avenue.
Speaker 8: Don't know, man, it's not what it says here on your license.
Speaker 6: To Georgia put a quarter in. I want to bike.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they have that.
Speaker 4: That'll be fun.
Speaker 6: It's not even close with it.
Speaker 8: No, he won a car, a whole bunch of cars.
Speaker 6: Ko pulled me aside one day and started kissing me.
Speaker 8: He said that, so.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a true spin the wheel for one million dollars. Because let's go because if you told me that they recapture the magic, they get everything that they can get out of Kyler, and they go, you know, I don't know, twelve and five. I'd say, it's not zero, it's possible. Yeah, what if Kyler's solid. There's some great games, there's some bad games, and they go eight to nine. I'd go, also, very possible. What if it's a disaster. He runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and he can't figure it out. In some games he puts up four hundred yards. Another games he has four interceptions. I'd go, what's our record? Five and twelve? I go, yeah, that sounds right too. I think the spectrum of where this goes is honestly a wide range. But as you've said, Sauce, and everybody's been saying the last handful of days, if you told me we signed Kyler to a one year, thirty million dollar deal. I'd go, oh, boy, Like, we didn't want to pay.
Speaker 8: Sam thirty, but we're gonna give Kyler thirty.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know, man, the year Sam had before he was worth a lot of money.
Speaker 8: Kyler isn't worth that.
Speaker 4: But this is one point three million dollars like this is this is the lowest investment, and you're swinging really big.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I want to say this too. I don't want to be made fun of for it, but I'm gonna just go ahead say anyway, it shouldn't affect JJ. If he's a pro caliber quarterback, regardless of who they bring in. If he's gonna keep developing and he's great and he figures something out in the off season and in preseason, he's better than great. You're the starter. You beat him out, that's awesome. I don't care. We only paid this guy at one point seven million dollars or whatever. So if you beat him out, then you beat him out. That's great. We should root for having such a hard decision to make because they're both so great, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's an ideal world.
Speaker 4: Yes, if all things were the best case scenario, and JJ was like this unstoppable force and he pushed Kyler to be even better and they're both great. That would be great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, my cups have full, and your big old cups full.
Speaker 4: My cup is full of balls meat balls.
Speaker 6: No kidding, that's not what I expected you.
Speaker 8: To say out of context.
Speaker 6: Look maybe a man.
Speaker 4: Yeah it h good morning, Marny Gill.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 4: What'd you bring? Who are you?
Speaker 6: I can't see over there. I'm over here by myself. I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: So I'm chef Kyle.
Speaker 13: I'm the executive chef at the xl Oh my gosh, the Grand Casino Arena.
Speaker 8: Kyler, Kyle, Kyle, Kyle. You can it's just Kyle Kyler.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no no, Kyle.
Speaker 6: Everything's a bit. We can't help ourselves, so please just for see. I know I hadn't. I said that on the show yesterday and they made fun of me. But I get made fun of for a lot of things because I talk about ladies.
Speaker 4: All right, But what do we got?
Speaker 8: Kyle, Kyle, just Kyle saw Kyle.
Speaker 13: We've got a new thing we're doing at the arena. That's pretty awesome. It's called Quinnesota Meatballs. We heard you guys were talking about meatballs a few days back, so we wanted to bring them out and show you it's housemade meatballs.
Speaker 1: We make the sauce, we make the meatballs. It's in honor of Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 13: You guys probably saw the bit where Bill Garon when they asked him what he was doing, he said he was honestly, I was making meatballs. So as soon as that came out, we started talking to her like we got to sell Bill Goaron's meatballs in the building, and we connected with Quinn Hughes and his team in the Wild Foundation, and a dollar forty three out of forty three for Quinn Hughes goes to the charity to help some folks in town here.
Speaker 1: So awesome, good meatballs for a good cause, and they're pretty popular.
Speaker 4: What a good bit. Yeah, they smell amazing. So is this for the rest of the season? Is this special nights? How does this work rest of the season. It's on the main concourse by section one twelve. We'll probably roll it in next year too. It's been really popular, really well received, so nice. It looks like two different kinds meatball.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so there's like a classic Italian meatball with marion Aara sauce and some parmesan. And then I heard a few of you guys weren't big Swedish meatball fans, but they are top notch and you guys got to try them.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 13: It's a so classic Swedish meatball with some lingonberry jam on the top.
Speaker 6: That's right. Yes, well, thank you for this wonderful please, I mean we appreciate it. Yes, thank you, thanks.
Speaker 8: Chef Kai.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's at Kyler. Well, I just covered all my bases with.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no Tyler Swedish meatball.
Speaker 8: So where where can we find these? Grant Why don't you just then you just get next to a microphone.
Speaker 1: I'll tell them about it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Section one twelve across from City Burger if any of you guys know the big burger standing out on the main concourse. But there's the glass wall there. Yeah, man, and uh yeah, they're great. I hope everybody got out and try them. And it's for a good cause.
Speaker 6: It'd be great for the playoffs.
Speaker 4: So hey, just so, just so I have this clear, Kyle Kyle right correct. Is this your concoction or did you work with Bill Darren's actual recipe?
Speaker 13: So I knew you guys were going to ask this. It's funny story when it happened. I before we kind of asked him, I just brought some meat balls up to the to his suite on the press level and shot him the idea. Initially, I was like, we got a lot of funny names for what we want to call him, you know, you know, and he just kind of stared at me and he was like, uh, we'll talk to the folks about the names. And I was like, okay, yeah, that's uh. And I said, so this is I don't know your recipe, this is my recipe, and he said, I think you're the expert on that kind.
Speaker 1: Of stuff, so it's our recipe. I think it's probably close to it he does.
Speaker 4: So did you ask him? Can we call this Bill's Balls? Is that what you asked him? You just don't want to admit it. I don't really want to talk about that. We discussed with him, heavily impacted that was a possibility.
Speaker 13: I will say I didn't come up with the name Quinnesota, and it's better quinnisota meat pals is better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's a charity which is.
Speaker 8: Always is it?
Speaker 14: I mean Bill's balls has a the alliteration or.
Speaker 4: Quinn's Quinn it's just Quinn. Oh, just Quinn. Sorry, you'll get it. Just wondering, I say it both ways. Is everybody here except for me like meatballs? You guys all meatball fans? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sauce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're the one that doesn't like Swedish meat but you're not, so what's the difference. I don't, honestly don't know anything about meatballs because I've never had it.
Speaker 1: In my life. They come in like a cream sauce.
Speaker 13: It's usually like cream and beef bas and uh, some spices and then the lingoennberry jam. It's They're delicious. I have no idea. You got to try, and I don't. I don't know why anyone would dislike them?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Maybe the first person I've ever met that doesn't like them.
Speaker 14: Swedish meatballs are fantastic, good crock pot food, you know, yeah, Crockpoti.
Speaker 4: You go, you go to ike a lot for Swedish meatballs. I don't, but you have sure have once at least once.
Speaker 14: Yep, my mother in law used to send me there to get the packets of the Swedish meatball mix, and then she would make that for like Christmas in the correct paw would hawk.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she likes shopping at IKE and she likes meatballs.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to answer that question, thank you, because it made Marty uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: That's right, closet underrated thing it does Ike is the cinnamon rolls. Yeah, those are great. I'm a sucker for cinnamonals. You guys got cinnamon rolls over the d old g c A.
Speaker 13: You know, early games for brunch and stuff. We'll do a bunch of them. We don't sell them like in a stand. Maybe we should, Maybe you should. Yeah, i'd buy those at night. What do I what do you care? We need a good name.
Speaker 4: I'm probably pre diabetic anyway, what's the difference? I haven't asked?
Speaker 8: Kyle? Right, correct, Kyle. Thanks for your time, man, Thanks Kyle, chef, Kyle.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you. Do trving me enjoy the meat pals.
Speaker 4: Yeah right man, All right, Marnie Gelliner is here. Meatballs are here. Bill's balls are over there?
Speaker 6: Yeah there, Ty.
Speaker 4: I wish we would have named him that would have been that would have been great, would have been great. Viking's News in a second initials at eight fifteen, This is the power Trip Morning Show on the Fan's towns. Secantacular thoughts on the meatballs, the Minnesota meatballs.
Speaker 1: I'm very good.
Speaker 8: I tried each outstanding the rave reviews. The reviews are raved the Rave.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna have some. You should I'm going to don't you? Don't you put that on me? I'll do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ricky, Bobby, Bobby, ma'am wan a movie.
Speaker 6: If you feel like I'm watching a movie that's really gonna set your soul on fire. Watch Hamnet?
Speaker 8: Hamnet?
Speaker 4: Is that two words?
Speaker 6: It's just one. Apparently back in the day when he wrote it, Hamlet and Hamnet were basically the same name. Okay, because his son's name was Hamnet.
Speaker 8: No really yeah, Hamnet Shakespeare.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then he wrote Hamlet. But it's like calling somebody Joe or Joey.
Speaker 1: Was it Hamilton?
Speaker 6: You know what, Go ahead and sit in the corner for a while and think about what you just said.
Speaker 4: Is this a it's a Academy Awards on South this year award season. So Jesse Buckley is the heavy, heavy, heavy, favorite time Best Actress, and it's up for a bunch of other awards.
Speaker 6: It's so good, it's so good.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be crushing. Yeah, it's supposed to break your heart.
Speaker 6: It does, but it's good. It's good. Anyway. There you go back to Vikings.
Speaker 4: I'll add that to the list of the others that I will watch if that sounds if that sounds too heavy, because it's about heartbreak as a parent and Moss and Teen Wolf is this movie from the eighties that you should check out. It's about a werewolf that plays basketball and dances and bowls. It's a play a little ball here. It's a little more family friendly outside of the scene where he turns into a wolf in a dressing room. How many nominations again, I believe they only won six Academy Awards.
Speaker 1: Michael J.
Speaker 4: Fox won for Best Actor, The Gal That Played Booth, one for Best Actress, mar Styles, one for Best Supporting Actors.
Speaker 6: Very Best Car Surfing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that was the first year they had the award.
Speaker 4: I believe the last, because I don't believe a car has been surfed on since.
Speaker 2: You said they Even though they won six. They you think they still got snubbed a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well well, but again, only one person can win Best Supporting Actor. The guy that played Coach Bobby Finstock was also nominated, but he lost his styles.
Speaker 3: What do I care? I didn't need him. That's a great life. Yeah, what do I care? Whatever happened to that? What do I care?
Speaker 6: I don't know if Marty can handle the emotion of the scene.
Speaker 8: Hang on, and he's chewing gum the whole time.
Speaker 6: Of course he is. He won't He came to chew gum and kick as.
Speaker 1: Let me give you a little advice.
Speaker 10: There's three rules that I live by. Never get less than twelve hours sleep, Never played cards with a guy who's got the same first name.
Speaker 1: As a city.
Speaker 10: And never go near a lady who's got a tattoo of a.
Speaker 6: Dagger on her body.
Speaker 4: Now you stick with that.
Speaker 6: Everything else is cream cheese.
Speaker 4: Great game there, Scottie, you got a dagger tattoo? Marns or not?
Speaker 3: I do not?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: You have seen Tino Wolf, correct, of course, Yes, this is the scene that should have won in the Academy Award. Coach. I just don't think it's gonna be possible for me to play on the team anymore.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, well, look, Scotty, I know what you're going through. A couple of years back, a kid came to me much the same way you're coming to me now, saying to be pretty much the same thing that you're saying. He wanted to drop off the team. His mother was a widow, all crippled up. She was scrubbing floors. She had had this pin in her hip. So he wanted to drop basketball and get a job. Now, these were poor people, these were these were hungry people with real problems.
Speaker 6: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And after the kid, I don't know, it's quit.
Speaker 6: It's the third stringer.
Speaker 4: I didn't need them, brilliant. That's so good. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Every time you play that, I hear something else that I'm like, all crippled up. Yeah, she's all crippled up.
Speaker 4: Hip. You understand what I'm saying. What happened to the kid? I don't care.
Speaker 6: I love Michael Jason's coaching right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 9: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 4: So Here's here's coach koc on the signing of Kyler.
Speaker 8: Murray in fact, has.
Speaker 10: Got a great armsh KO, take it down.
Speaker 6: This is the real Ko.
Speaker 9: The goal of adding a talented player like Kyler to the room was about creating an environment for all of our quarterbacks JJ and Max. With Kyler added to that room as well, where all of those guys individually, no matter where they're at in their quarterback journey, you know, we create a world where guys are pushing each other, and guys are by their own growth and development or their own ascension. They are not only just doing that themselves, but they're creating a new standard.
Speaker 6: The number one overall pick in twenty nineteen, two time Pro Bowler, twenty nineteen offensive rookie, you have the year in dual threat quarterback. Kyler Murray is now your Viking quarterback.
Speaker 4: He has not lived up to the number one pick in the draft. He's been He's been okay, he hasn't been anywhere near number one overall pick quality. But again, he's dynamic, he's athletic, he is erratic at times, he's exciting. Yes, consistent might not be the word, even though again statistically we said earlier he's ridiculously consistent with that two to one touchdown interception ratio. So he's going to give the ball away, yes, but he might excite you while he's putting up points as well.
Speaker 6: And again you're gonna have to make somebody keeps an eye on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna have.
Speaker 6: One defender out of the situation.
Speaker 12: He adds another dynamic to this offense. It's another dynamic. What do you think, Margie, let's go okay, you're on board.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I was listening to some of his press conference yesterday too, and I was he making that stuff up about.
Speaker 4: Being a Vikings fan when he was a kid.
Speaker 14: No, no, that's.
Speaker 4: He played on a youth team that was the Vikings. He apparently grew up with a bunch of Vikings Memorabilian merch and stuff.
Speaker 8: He said he cried.
Speaker 4: Real tears when far interception. So that was on nine right, So that was seventeen years ago. So he was what eleven, so he was eleven ish or so.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it'd have been prime tiers time for your favorite NFL team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This could be perfect. Yeah, this could be perfect. Mm could also be a disaster or somewhere in the middle. Yeah, you know, in that nuts. So like, if let's say they had traded for Joe Burrow, you'd go, if Joe Burrow stays healthy, the only path is this is going to be awesome. He just needs to stay healthy. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the league. This is going to be unbelievable. I'm telling you, this is a this is a true spin the wheel season which is going to be super interesting, unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Like, this would be a very tough season to bet on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it could absolutely go either way, right, because he's a wild card. Do you think the only.
Speaker 6: Way No, God, what a dumb question.
Speaker 8: Kyler gives up the starting job as an injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if he no, like we even halfway, if he's playing poorly, do you think he gets benched?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 8: Well that's all right.
Speaker 4: So if you're halfway through the year, let's say you're through eight games and you're two and six and he's playing like ass I would say you have a lot of incentive to go to JJ, because then you're not re signing Kyler.
Speaker 8: You don't owe Kyler. The rest of you owe him no money.
Speaker 4: I would say, if you don't go to JJ, you're wasting the back half of the year and say, put the kid back in there, because Kyler is not coming back next right, So that's why again, the middle is the worst possible scenario. Yes, is if Kyler's good but not great, the team's good but not great. He's just good enough where JJ doesn't get in, but he's just not bad enough where you have to bench him. Then you're stuck. Get that eight nine wins again. You probably don't bring Kyler back, But what do you do with JJ because he sat on the bench another year? Who knows the middle of the worst time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in the middle of the ride.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything, everything, everything, not everything. If you miss the playoffs, that's not great. Yeah, that's a whole different.
Speaker 6: Five years without a son of a bitch and Super Bowl. I can go another fifty more. It'd be all right.
Speaker 1: Didn't your Bengals make it?
Speaker 6: You shut your mouth.
Speaker 8: You'd be one oh five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to get upsetty.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't be allowed anywhere. You'd still be too horny. That ain't right at one hundred and five.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you should be studied.
Speaker 6: Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of you.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that. I do have a lot of crow mag in my blood.
Speaker 4: No, it was Neanderthal or whatever. He's got Anderthal Neanderthals, remember what we are, right. I think all of us have a little bit, but Chris has an abnormal amount.
Speaker 8: I have a he's got that.
Speaker 6: Yeah that the forehead, clearly that is the mark of an end of the beast. Yeah right there. Yeah, you got to watch out for me. I can't control my horny level.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's in you, you never know.
Speaker 4: And then I was boned this way. I was boned, he was bone this way. That is what is maybe the worst Lady Gaga impression I've ever heard, But love the effort.
Speaker 6: I thought it was darling than you.
Speaker 4: You gotta forget though, Marty. He just uh, he just complimented you. But he's also one hundred and five year old horny guy. So that's that's not the guy you want to get compliments from. That was the you sing like a song. They're just the chicks now, by the way, because you can't call him the neanderthal chicks that.
Speaker 8: Has got a great arm looks like so.
Speaker 6: What Yeah, I like the girls, natural say the driver on mister.
Speaker 4: Fire, Oh I like my doesn't he say? I like him? European.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I like a Harry Lady.
Speaker 8: I think, how have we not had that?
Speaker 4: How have we not had a gender swap remake and just have it be mister doubt fire, When it's a gal dressed up as a dude. It's the exact same thing, but now we swapped the gender. Mmy would love that movie.
Speaker 14: I don't see any issues with that whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Mister doubt fire would sound like Kyler Murray, I'm on my way, dear, was on the way?
Speaker 8: Is he doing that voice?
Speaker 4: That's got to be a chicken, like a costume his voice in costume?
Speaker 8: Yeah, chicken costume.
Speaker 4: Do we think that if this season goes very south, whether it's with Kyler or JJ McCarthy, at any point, do we think that Justin Jefferson is going to ask to move on?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is this is this make or break for Jefferson staying with the Vikings long term? This is yes? Probably?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Yeah, it might be that would be reasonable. Would anybody blame him or have a problem with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Nope.
Speaker 15: The weird part though, and somebody pointed this out yesterday, not that any of this matters, but in the world we live in, not one player on social media has like reposted the Vikings Kyler Murray bit, and that's big in this in this era. Not one of them has been like, hey, welcome Kyler, can't wait to be like not one of them really, yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 8: You know they might have texted.
Speaker 4: Him, Yeah, but a lot of them. But even.
Speaker 3: Already, I mean, it's weird, right, No, we live in a public world.
Speaker 4: You're you're right about that.
Speaker 8: Yes, you are a material girl song. Are you reading.
Speaker 4: Into that sauce that?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Like but are you saying.
Speaker 14: That there's maybe lack of support or maybe he's not well liked or no?
Speaker 3: No, but like that guy that Vikings brought in that we didn't even know was on the.
Speaker 4: Team last year, tavi Air Thomas that a couple of people, hey, welcome back or whatever, Hey, good to have you back, the guy they signed from Pittsburgh, A couple of Vikings can't wait to have you on the team. You'd think the quarterback like a Kyler Kyler Murray would get a little bit more shine from his current team.
Speaker 6: Right now, you're trying to create a skiss.
Speaker 8: Social media though, is not reality?
Speaker 4: No, it isn't. But we live in that world.
Speaker 8: Yes, that is a world that we those.
Speaker 4: Is also possible you missed some No, I mean, no one's on social media more than you. If anybody's going to see its going to be you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 6: I just you know, that is an interesting interesting We're trying to feel good about everything.
Speaker 4: No, you should, but I just think that's kind of weird. I think it's going to be great.
Speaker 8: What if nobody on the.
Speaker 3: I'm not comparing the two, but what if nobody on the Wild was like, god, yes we didn't get Quinn Hughes, not one of them posted on That would be weird.
Speaker 6: Told multiple times that not being recognized doesn't mean the radio station doesn't like you exactly.
Speaker 4: Hold on, oh Sauce, who posted when Quinn Hughes got traded to the Wild. Who on the Wild posted welcome to Minnesota, Quinn Hughes Jared's virgin who I follow on Instagram? You know that for sure? Pretty sure?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: Pretty sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: And Julius Randall who plays for the Timberwolves.
Speaker 6: Take that, And and Orange Julius who plays for Dairy Queen's.
Speaker 8: So you think spurgeon and a Timberwolf?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't you think it's weird.
Speaker 4: It's not nothing.
Speaker 6: Really, honestly, you're being serious.
Speaker 1: I'm being serious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, now, you no more than I do. Maybe, are you right?
Speaker 4: What if behind the scenes are all super pumped?
Speaker 6: You think they hate him? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think they hate him.
Speaker 3: I just find in the world we live in, is it more about Jonathan Gernard is welcoming guys that used to be on the team to other teams.
Speaker 1: He's reposting it.
Speaker 3: Dallas Turner posts the second the game is over about himself, about himself, even when they lose.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm trying to understand. I really, I'm so Are you saying that that that he's not well liked there? They don't want to be any good.
Speaker 8: It's weird they support the kid.
Speaker 2: Are you worried that they're worried about Yeah, like you just said, offending JJ maybe, which would be really dumb too.
Speaker 6: You're just trying to cause trouble.
Speaker 2: Just saying for the record, Chris Hockey on Instagram, Yeah, welcome Jim.
Speaker 4: I did That's important.
Speaker 6: I sure did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But for the record, Chris also sent a video to D'Angelo Russell welcoming him to the Twin Cities. He doesn't know who, and he didn't know who.
Speaker 6: Was so jelly that they didn't ask you.
Speaker 8: And I will never understand why they asked you.
Speaker 6: Because I am such a welcoming gentleman and you, m f h.
Speaker 4: You're welcoming gentleman.
Speaker 8: Di'angelo Russell rest in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: D didn't die.
Speaker 6: D'Angelo died.
Speaker 8: I read it. That's the other d Angelo.
Speaker 4: Well, I had a boss named DiAngelo Vicars and he tried to tried to dunk in the warehouse once. And he's not here here. Oh, never mind's from the office. I was will pharaoh.
Speaker 6: Oh, I choose to believe that everybody's excited. Maybe they're too busy sending him text and calling him on the phone and facetiming with him and having dinner with him at McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Last night they went to McDonald they indeed, Yeah, Kyler gets the happy mail.
Speaker 1: It is the off season.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I'm telling you, we're supposed to be the Viking Station and we're supposed to get people riled up, not create dysfunction.
Speaker 4: Well, Saw says nobody tweet it at him.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, what if? What if?
Speaker 4: Justin Jefferson heard that Kyler was signed and sent him like a six paragraph text going like, man, I'm so happy that we're going to go to war together, Like this is going to be great. I'm so excited for your fresh start. I respect your career, I respect your game. I can't wait to start working with you. And welcome aboard, Signed Justin Jefferson kindest regards two spaces after every period.
Speaker 8: Exactly and multiple around stars block.
Speaker 4: What if he sent the most lovely text in the history of texts, or and this is insane, but stay with me. What if after the press conference last night, because Kyler admitted he hadn't talked to Justin yet, what if after the press conference.
Speaker 8: They called each other and talked.
Speaker 4: Right, So that's not social media, But can you imagine if actually spoke on the phone and said, welcome aboard. This is gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They probably facetimed, oh my gosh, let's not go that far.
Speaker 1: Probably kept it short.
Speaker 6: All right, shot, you guys you know what never mind.
Speaker 4: I mean, the guy the guys an eight free.
Speaker 1: I could go for an answer right now.
Speaker 4: It's the weekend. You can get high this weekend if you want.
Speaker 1: Man, he knows he knows the lingo.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm cool, so you understand that?
Speaker 4: Uh? Fan five and a second more with Marty Gellner initials in fifteen minutes and one of you lucky callers gets a shot at one hundred and eleven thousand, five hundred dollars. That's a real number, one hundred and eleven thousand, five hundred dollars thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 8: This is the power trip, won't he show on the fan