Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon.
Speaker 6: Welcome in to my Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Monday, June the twenty second, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers sit atop the NL West all alone at forty nine and twenty nine. The Dodgers with a nine game lead in the division going into play tonight. After a four and two homestand and saw the Dodgers sweep the Raisin drop two of three to the Baltimore Orioles. The Dodgers take the show on the road nine games three cities, first up three game series against the Minneapolis Twins. As they take on Minnesota today, Will Klein will be the opener. Yes, Will Klein will serve with the opener, followed by Eric Lauer, who will come on in relief. First pitch from Target Field in Minneapolis is coming up at four forty. Between then and now, we've got a lot to get to here. All Marago Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on this Dodgers team. Is the embark on this road trip and try to put the weekend behind them. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup with the Dodgers now going with the opener. David Vase checks him throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Alex Call. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. Charlie Steiner will stop buying it just a few minutes. We'll head out to Tim Never and Rick Monday at the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well, yesterday, Emmett.
Speaker 6: She and got the ball and well the Baltimore Orioles scarred, scored early and scored often against the Dodgers right right hander. First four batters reached base, then after the sixth batter that image she In faced, the Orioles had a two to nothing lead before the Dodgers could even bat. In the bottom of the first, though, the Dodgers with a little magic thanks to Max Munsey.
Speaker 7: Well Tany off of second base Freeman off of first, three ball, one strike pitch to Monseion swings lines at the left. That's down for a base hit. We're gonna send out Tony Hall. There comes the throw that goes all the way through. Oh Tony slides. Who's safe and it's two to one. Little two out RBI sendo for Max Monson.
Speaker 6: Dodgers cut the deficit in half, just down two to one after one inning. Image Shean needed him to go out and put up zero's the rest of the way. See that Dodger offense could get back into this game, maybe take the lead. Unfortunately, gave up a solo home run in the top of the second as the Orioles led three to one. Then in the third, Colton Cowser was at it again.
Speaker 7: Now a payoff pitch as she and pours at home. Bauls swung on hit well to center field, going back Piez, He's at the track. Handy at the wall, he leaps, it's gone. It's a home run for Colton Kowser is eighth of the year, second one giving up by Shean. This afternoon, it is four to one Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Colton Cowser goes deep.
Speaker 6: So after giving up a home run to Taylor Ward in the second, Colton Kowser has solo home run the third, and all of a sudden, the Orioles with a four to one lead, and it got worse. In the fourth, Colton Kowser a two run single. Both runs accounted to Image Shean, who was gone. Jack Dryer gave up the single. He Image Shean three and a third, six runs, eight hits, a couple of home runs. The Dodgers bullpen came in didn't fare much better, as the Baltimore Orioles were up six to one. They scored four more in the seventh, then two more in the eighth on the Blaze Alexander two run home run. Pete Alonso had a three run home run before that. Part of that four run seventh inning. The Baltimore Orioles erupted for twelve runs on fifteen hits.
Speaker 4: Yesterday.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense just the one run on the Max Months the RBI single in the first, then zero's the rest of the way as the Dodgers loose to the Orioles twelve to one. They fall to two of the three games of the Baltimore Orioles, losing for the season series for the second time in two years. As the Dodgers, though, finish off the homestand four and two. They're forty nine and twenty nine now hit the road for a nine game road trip. First up, the Minnesota Twins as the inter league play continues.
Speaker 4: It'll be Will kleinb serving as the opener.
Speaker 6: Eric Louerd to follow first pitch at four to forty and with more we head out to the galpin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you very much, Tim.
Speaker 7: Beautiful night of the Twin Cities as the Dodgers get set to start another interleague series, this time with the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 2: The Twins come in with a record of thirty eight and forty one.
Speaker 7: They're three and a half out in the American League Central, just the game out of the wild card in the American League. As far as the Dodgers go twenty games above five hundred forty nine and twenty nine nine up in the division. They are six and four in their last ten twenty three and fifteen on the road. Tonight, the Dodgers will start an opener. Right hander Will kleinb will pitch the first inning and that's it, and then left hander Eric lower will come in for the second inning and pitch the bulk of the innings. Tonight, they will oppose Zebbie Matthews. The right hander is three and four in a four to seventy eight earned run average. Not much talk about yesterday's game at Dodger Stadium because the Dodgers are trying their very best to put that game behind them.
Speaker 2: Flush it, wipe it off the board, forget about it.
Speaker 7: Tonight's the most important game of the season, as it's the only one they're play.
Speaker 8: It's already gone. In fact, for the Dodgers, I'd like to have the last two already gone. But of one run loss on Saturday and then blow out in yesterday's Bowl game, those games happened. The Dodgers did not hit well, in fact, in that series did not hit particularly well in the run production area, just four hits in twenty advanced with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 9: That's got to change. That will be changing.
Speaker 8: And for this Dodger ball club still in searched him of victory number fifty of the season.
Speaker 7: Well, tonight, they've got to take care of business, especially in the first inning, because the Twins' bats have been very hot lately. They've won five to the last six on the road they come home. In their last seven games, they've outscored their opponents eleven to nothing in the first inning.
Speaker 8: Well, how about the fact they've won seven of the last nine and they've outscored the opposing teams by seventy to forty seven. So this is the ball club being the Twins feeling very good about themselves. Little surprising with all the numbers you can throw out there. They're only one game above five hundred at home. You would expect that to be changing, and they feel that in the right direction, having won seven to ten. In fact, the Twins the only team in the Central Division of the Perica League with a winning record in the last ten games. Also, the Dodgers fallow in that category, only record above five hundred the last ten in the Nashleague West, I.
Speaker 7: Don't suspect a different approach to hitting in this ballgame. I know Dave Roberts after the game yesterday was not really happy with how the Dodgers approached there at bats during the Baltimore series, that they chased a lot of spin and took a lot of fastball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they're going to see a lot of spin tonight. And we talked more about it the opposing pitchers, Zmbie Matthews. Because he has a very good slider, he's not afraid to use it. He is going to use it, and the Dodgers abused the sliders thrown to them yesterday.
Speaker 7: Otani has been pretty good still. He'll lead off three seventy six over his last thirty two games with twenty extra base hits.
Speaker 2: Half of those home runs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, for Atani just sets the stage at the top of the order. Annie Pie has has struggled if you look at the last number of games, the last fifteen in particular, hitting just a buck eighty eight in that category. One bet that is coming lives in Mookie Benz. That's a good sign. A couple of the guys kind of swinging the bets here and there, but from top to bottom. I think the Dodgers understand. Hey, look, this is a nine game road trip. They do not want this trip to get out of hand in a negative way.
Speaker 7: Great night for a ballgame in downtown Minneapolis, Dodgers and Twins.
Speaker 2: More interleague baseball coming your way, Tim, all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the interleague play continues for the Dodgers, a stretch of twelve straight games against the American League.
Speaker 4: As we're often running and.
Speaker 6: Counting down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal.
Speaker 4: It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 6: What are your Shaky's Pizza and chicken and Mojo's Right now.
Speaker 4: It's shakys dot Com.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 4: Before first pitch, you're gonna hear from the matag of Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: We'll check in with David Vass. He'll go high and tight with Alex Call. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. Charlie Steiner stops by your magical moment. But up next, you know, Tani rewind hand, We'll hear from Kirsten Watson from sportsnet LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Twins first bitch and target field.
Speaker 4: It's coming up at four forty. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers in Minnesota to take on the Twins. Will Klein will be the opener, follow by Eric Lawers. Zebbie Matthews will go for Minnesota first pitch. Coming up at four forty.
Speaker 10: This is the Otani rewhy whatkow He's played in the last month, so the last thirty two games, twenty extra base hits, ten home runs, is slugging percentage seven thirty nine, which is the highest in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Swings hits the ground ball toward the.
Speaker 7: Middle, that's who for a base yet thrilling around second, he's on his way to third and Otani has a two hot base hit and the Dodgers have a time run a board show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani yesterday one for two on base twy including a walk, now hitting two ninety seven on this season.
Speaker 4: A four to eighteen on base percentage.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, the Dodgers got clobbered by the Baltimore oils yesterday twelve to one.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: And Kirson now joins us from Minneapolis. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, donating now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with the k all right, Kirsten. Eric Lauer supposed to get the start. We're still gonna see him. But the Dodgers go with an opener today.
Speaker 11: They are going with an opener. And of course once the lineup came out, that was the big thing because when Eric came to the Dodgers organization, when he was talking to the media, he talked about some of the frustrations and the experiences he had with the Blue Jays. It was clearly documented and reports how when the Blue Jays would go with an opener it was something he did not like. He said, quote unquote that he hated it. And so when you see an opener then for the Dodgers, that led to a lot of questions as to why they decided to go with one. What was his feelings in re gard to this, And with speaking to Mark Pryor as well as Dave Roberts, they said that when Eric joined the organization. When he came over, they made it very clear to him that he's going to start games, but there will also be times in which they will use an opener in front of him, and he said, as long as that they're as long as there's clear and open communication, then he has no issue with that and he's willing to do what the team needs. And so they had a conversation with him yesterday after the game against the Orioles and they shared that they wanted to go with an opener for this one. They shared their reasoning as to why the cat and house behind it, and he said, okay, So the plan is that Will Klein is going to open this game. He's only going to do the first inning, and then Eric Lawer is expected to come in to open that second inning of work. And that's something that Eric has been very clear with and we've been seeing just signs after his starts if he's pulled in a certain situation. He and Dave Roberts are always communicating with each other, and Dave has always been very transparent as to the decision, the reasoning as to why they chose to go with this, and Eric has shared in the past with being with the Dodgers that he's been very grateful and he appreciates that communication because that's all that he wants, and so that's everything that went into this one, and so hopefully it'll play out. But ultimately it was they've got some real empowered they have some strong writings, and so if you look at the lineup today, by going with the writing and will climb, they were able to manipulate the top of the Twins lineup, having it go left right, left, which then puts Eric in a better position being a lefty to hopefully take down more out and get deeper into the game.
Speaker 6: The offense for the Dodgers here, there's no secret they need to get something going. The last two days just have not been Dodger baseball.
Speaker 11: No they haven't. They only have three runs in the last two games, and we know that any team that faces the Dodgers they're going to bring in We've seen excellent pitchings again for the opposing teams, even for the Dodgers. You know, we saw Yoshi Nobu. Yes, you have the three runs, but he's been putting the team in a position to win. Yesterday a little bit of a different story, but ultimately like you said, the offense has been silent, and Dave Roberts last night, when he spoke about the offense, he said, what he's been seeing is there's just been this passivity to them. You know, they usually this group is so talented and so aggressive that they can scare the pictures out of the strike zone, and we're not seeing that at the moment. We're seeing the pictures being confident in the strike zone. And so what he wants to see is them be the aggressor a little bit more match that energy that he knows the Twins are going to bring. But talking to some of the guys on the offense, you know, it's hard because for them it's just they have to stick to their approach. They can't get out of themselves. But they do know that they want to get back on track. They have talked about how this is. You know, all these last two losses. There are two losses in one sixty two. You know, there's still so much of baseball to be played. But they do want to get back on track, and so hopefully you'll start with this one today.
Speaker 4: Need to get back on track. No better place to do it than tonight against the Twins.
Speaker 6: Kearson. We appreciate it. Well, check out with you after the game.
Speaker 1: Still to come.
Speaker 6: Here on Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Besse goes one on one with Alex Call. We'll get you an injury update. Brock Stewart is back. That is good news. Off the injured list. Not next, so we'll hear from the man. Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts, so he leads up to the Dodgers and Twins from Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch. It's the Dodgers and the Twins, Marongo Casino Resort. It's by a Grand Slam, four good times. Seric Lower will follow Will Klin, who is the openers Ebbie Matthews will go for the Twins first pitch, coming up at four forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will Smith on the IL with the next inflammation. He did not make the trip to Oscar. Hernandez on the IEL with the left hamstring strain. He is going out on a minor league rehab. Is Simon Kek Hernandez on the sixty day IL. Tyler Glass now no improvement with his lower back spasms. Snell is progressing slowly through ten pitches off the mountain last week, as Davidvesse reported. Brock Stewart, Yay, He's back off the IL as he was on the I L at the left bone spur in his foot, so he is activated and ready to go today. Edwin Diaz on the IL recovery from the elbows surgery. He has started baseball activities, in fact through a bullpen session late last week. All right, let's head back out to Minneapolis and check out the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 9: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: I think it was just more of giving Eric the best chance to take down more out in the game. Uh, you know, you see the you know, first four out of five hitters, are you know, Beefy right hand hitters, and just to kind of open, uh, you know, with Klein, we feel good about to pitch one inning and then Eric will be in there in the second inning.
Speaker 11: With Eric, when he came over to organization, he talked about just the importance of communication. What has it been like building that relationship with him and put allowing yourself to have these types of conversations when you do want to go with an opener.
Speaker 9: I think it's been great. We've been very forthright.
Speaker 12: I think I know he's appreciated that, and for me just telling him the thought behind it, why, the why, and still you know, giving him confidence to know that we expect him to take down the most outs in the game and he's all in.
Speaker 9: He's all in on winning.
Speaker 12: But I do think that just getting ahead of it, being honest with him he appreciates.
Speaker 5: Do you foresee this to be every time he starts? Where is this a one starter or start to start type of situation.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't say it's every time, And it's more of just kind of what team, what line up the first four hitters if they're kind of beholden to that versus any starting pitcher, if it makes sense, So I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know the answer to that one.
Speaker 6: All right, there's a manager today, Roberts, explaining why they are going with the opener today. When we continue here, I'm Arango Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vasse as we lead up to first pitch. Dodgers and Twins for Minneapolis. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Twins on this Monday. Is the road trip begins with three in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Will Climbs the opener.
Speaker 6: Eric lauerd to follow first pitch coming up in four forty Dodgers Baseball brought to by al Pto, born in La Made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sausas and hot sauces right to your table every single time El Pato Gormee.
Speaker 4: Get a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger in David Bai DV.
Speaker 4: I know there's interleague play.
Speaker 6: We play everybody in baseball now, but man, it feels like the Dodgers are an American League team now.
Speaker 4: They've been playing so many America League teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this will be the fourth series that the Dodgers play an American League team, going back to their last road trip against the White Sox, and I asked Dave Roberts about that, and this feels like another one of those series of one of those American League teams like the White Sox and more recently the Orioles on this past homestand that took two out of three, including blowing the Dodgers out yesterday, that they are going to treat this like a postseason series, because, let's face.
Speaker 2: It, the Twins are going nowhere.
Speaker 5: This is basically the biggest series of their season for a lot of those players, the young White Sox, a few of those Dodger players told me it felt like they were playing a college baseball team. That type of energy, that type of approach, that type of you know, jubulant type of attitude in that dugout, and Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Conceded the same thing.
Speaker 5: He said, we gotta be ready because those guys, they are going to treat it like it's the biggest series of the season, and at some point you got to rise to that occasion. So I know the Dodgers like to play it cool, and obviously they got bigger aspirations. This isn't the biggest series they will play all season, but certainly I think Dave Roberts is getting tired of losing two out of three to lesser teams.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone. Go to your sun California fort dealer today or visit by Ford now dot com.
Speaker 4: What's the latest on ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 5: David, Well, he's out with Oklahoma City. They will start a series tomorrow. As you know, the minor leagues have an off day on Mondays, so he will play probably three games for Oklahoma City. If he feels like his swing is where it needs to be. There's a very good chance t Oscar Hernandez may meet the Dodgers in San Diego. So ta Oscar Hernandez is on his way back, and we'll see how these three games go in Oklahoma City. But yeah, him coming back Friday in San Diego is not out of the realm of possibility.
Speaker 6: David was show he Otani's scheduled to get the start on Wednesday in the finale of this three game series. Are we in fact going to see him pitch a target field on Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Yes, today he went out and threw a bullpen session. He threw thirty eight pitches in his bullpen session today. And the reason why that's important news today, Tim, is because before each of his last two starts, because of the left knee, because of the blister, because of the travel days, Otani had to throw his bullpen sessions the day before he started. So him throwing a bullpen session today means that he's back on regular schedule in his rating Wednesday.
Speaker 6: That is certainly exciting and good to hear that he'll be scheduled and good to go in this next start. David, appreciate what check back in with you. Just a little bit still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Alex Call, Charlie Steiner stops by.
Speaker 4: But up next you Dodgers Magical moment. Don't you go anywhere?
Speaker 6: It's the series opener for Minneapolis Target Field Dodgers and Twins. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Twins, the start of a three game series from Minneapolis. Will Kline will be the open of the first inning and followed by the left hander Eric Lauer. Zebbie Matthews will go for the Twins first pitch coming up at four forty.
Speaker 3: Who wants a hot coun It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Jobs. Well the Dodgers taking on the Twins.
Speaker 6: We go back to July twenty first, last year, Dodgers playing a host of the Minnesota Twins out at the Ravine. In the ninth inning, James Autman, with a fantastic defensive play.
Speaker 7: Peeks over his front left shoulder bawling the red glove in front of his letters. Oh one two, Correa hits a high fly ball to center field.
Speaker 4: Outman at the wall.
Speaker 3: He jumps and he makes a catch.
Speaker 6: James Olvin with a game saving at home run robin.
Speaker 1: Catch, Oh did you.
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: And for Outman comes in with a smile.
Speaker 8: From here does cintamatic affear.
Speaker 6: James Autman, a ninth innyan defensive substitution.
Speaker 4: Center field comes.
Speaker 6: Up with a huge catch, robbing Carlos Correa what would have been a game tying home run to end the game.
Speaker 4: And a Dodgers win last year against the Twins.
Speaker 6: This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey soak OU's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great. Will we continue here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We will check in, of course with Charlie Steiner. Don't forget coming up. In about fifteen minutes, we'll hear from Alex Call. We'll dive deeper. This pitching matchup so much to get to. So lead you up to first pitch from Minneapolis Dodgers and Twins. I'm Tim Kais is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Here's the Dodgers and the Twins on this Monday afternoon, the first of three from Minneapolis Target Field. As Will Klyi will be the opener. Ericlauer will follow, as Zebbie Matthews will go for Minnesota Time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of this game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, the Dodgers hit the road. This is the first of a nine game road trip against the Minnesota Twins. It's this seventy ninth game of the season for the Dodgers. They're twenty over, five hundred, forty nine and twenty nine, a nine game lead over the Padres nine and a half over Arizona.
Speaker 9: The Twins at.
Speaker 13: Thirty eight and forty one are in third place in the American League Central, trailing first place Cleveland by three and a half. One behind in the wildcard race. But there are eight teams in the American League involved in a wildcard race. They're all within just a handful of games of one another, So that's where the race is. Starting pitchers today, Zebby Matthews goes for the Minnesota Twins, Will Climb will be the opener for the Dodgers, and then Eric lower i gather is going to be doing the bulk of the pitching today, at least that's what's on paper ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we found out today that it is going to be Will Clined to be the opener. If that means of one inning most probably if they're maybe two, don't really know. But for Merik lower I find it interesting too, is if you're starting pitcher, how much does it really change your routine? Because termly, what we see is starting pitchers are very clock oriented. Certain number of minutes before they start there in the outfield, getting loose, certain number of innings or minutes before the first pitch they're in the bullpen, and they throw a certain amount of pitches. Well, now it's going to be a little different situation. And for lower remember too, he did not particularly care to be the bulk inning guy. In the preceding club that he was with, So we'll find out how it works here tonight.
Speaker 13: Not making the start it would have been his fifth, the Dodgers have won each of his first four starts, one to oh on a three twenty two er. He's pitched much better with the Dodgers than certainly he had been up in Toronto before.
Speaker 1: He was jettisoned.
Speaker 13: What do we know about Zeddy Matthews other than the fact that he made a start last Tuesday, giving up a couple of runs down in Texas. He's giving up seven runs in two of his starts, but in another five starts just a two forty five ra.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, Charlie, very good slider. In fact, the last two years just a one fifty eight batting average against on the slider. The other part, too, is he's like two different guys. Why do I say that? Well, on the road is ERA seven point three to three. At home it's one point eight, So he has really been tough with home cooking. We'll find out how it works out in tonight's ballgame, But again, a very low percentage of walks and the Dodgers are gonna have to make an adjustment with that very good slider that he throws.
Speaker 9: What did you come away with this weekend?
Speaker 13: The Dodgers getting pounded by the Oriels, which on paper should never have happened, outscored twenty to nine, and yesterday, of course got you shall lacked them twelve to one and lost by eleven.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it was just a hiccup, quite frankly, and I think the Oriols obviously were motivated to try and do something is they had lost coming into yesterday's game, Oriols had lost nine to the last fourteen. They were feeling very good about the fact that he won Saturday night. Then they then double up on it with the victory in yesterday's bowl game. And again, I think it was just a hiccup. I don't think that there's anything to worry about. The good thing against I said in the post game yesterday. The only good thing about yesterday's bowl game there were no injuries for the Dodgers.
Speaker 13: After this nine game road trip, off to San Diego following Minnesota and then off to West Sacramento face the A's. Then the Dodgers come home for the July fourth weekend against the Padres.
Speaker 9: The Padres.
Speaker 13: In the meantime, they're at a point of the season where it could.
Speaker 1: Go all awry in a hurry.
Speaker 13: Their next thirteen games at home against the Braves, then the Dodgers come to San Diego, then they hit the road, come back to the Los Angeles, then play the Cubs. This is a Padres team that's been flirting with five hundred all year, and the Dodgers with the nine game lead, it's make or break time for them.
Speaker 8: Well, it's make or break time for a couple of clubs, Arizona nine and a half out. In fact, the Dodgers we mentioned earlier, the only team in the Western Division of the National League that has a winning record over the last ten games. Everybody else is either at five hundred or two games fallow five hundred. At what point in time did the and Andres say to themselves, Hey, guys, we've got to get it into gear. They've not been able to get it together to this point.
Speaker 13: And so it will be Zebbie Matthews three and four, four and three quarters Era facing will climb the opener. The bulk pitcher today is supposed to be Eric Lauer, and we'll detail that is this game goes on lineups at first pitching just a little bit.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. I visit Uniclo dot com, slash us stilty comment here on Dodgers on that before first bench, we'll get you a preview that pitching matchup tip never Rick Monday, we'll get you you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Alex Call Dodgers Twins. First bench of minnieapples at four forty. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and Twins is a kick off a three game series from Target Field in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Will CALLI will be the opener and followed by Eric Lauer.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's Game nine, it's group Night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: People try to come between us, but Alex call will never allow that to happen. The day after Father's Day at Target Field, Alex joins us, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 9: Alex appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Dave, have it to be here.
Speaker 5: See that's when you know you started to arrive when other media people try to be a wedge between us.
Speaker 14: Whatever, whatever you say.
Speaker 5: Day, how did you enjoy Father's Day yesterday at Dodger Stadium? Being there with your son, being able to you know, have that moment before the game.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 15: You know, it's kind of tough on a travel day you didn't, you know, kind of up before he wakes up, and then having to leave after the game before we can really have like a full day. But to have him out on the field and my wife and my daughter to just special, you know, it makes it you know a little bit extra that day and just so grateful to be a dad. I love those I love my family, love my kids, you know, and hope everyone had a happy Father's Day.
Speaker 5: How do you balance being a dad of two young kids and being able to focus on being part of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's a real task. I mean, first and foremost, you know, I am a father, you know, a Christian, someone who just wants to be a blessing to others, you know.
Speaker 14: But also I get to the opportunity to.
Speaker 15: Play baseball, a game that I love, and just have fun with it. So and with being a baseball player there, it's it's a job.
Speaker 14: It's a job.
Speaker 15: You gotta work, you gotta you gotta prepare, you gotta be ready, and that takes a lot of time and effort and discipline.
Speaker 14: But so does being a dad.
Speaker 15: So does being a husband, and so does anything with life that you want to be good at.
Speaker 14: So there's a balance.
Speaker 15: I try to leave the baseball at the field as much as I can and take care of business there, and then when I'm at home, it's just full dad mode.
Speaker 5: I remember back when Adrian Gonzalez was playing for the Dodgers, he gave me some tips on how to balance all that.
Speaker 9: When you're in the hotel room.
Speaker 5: He said, just FaceTime your kids, your family and leave it by the TV. And while you're just hanging around in the hotel room. You FaceTime your family. Have you ever given that a shot?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Sometimes it's just like you just want to know that there, you know their presence is there.
Speaker 14: And yeah, I've done that where we just FaceTime.
Speaker 15: Sometimes there's not a whole lot of conversation where it's just like, hey, we're just kind of living our life and I'm doing what I'm doing. But yeah, anytime you can connect the family, that's what it's the most important.
Speaker 9: Alex call is our guests.
Speaker 5: In front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Twins in Minneapolis, Alex your manager Dave Roberts voice some of his frustrations with the entire group as far as the plan and the approach of the offense.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like you guys can be better at that?
Speaker 15: I mean, I think overall there's always room to improve. I think baseball there's ebbs and flows, and whenever you're you know, not performing the best, sometimes you have to just keep going number one. But too sometimes you have to look in the mirror and say, hey, what can we do better? And you know, anytime you want to just take the focus level up a couple extra notches, not try harder by any means, because that doesn't always work, but just hey, just have a little bit of extra focus. I mean, we were approaching the halfway point of the season. You know, guys are grinding, guys are working through things, injuries.
Speaker 14: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 15: We play a lot of baseball and we have to do it every day, so it just happens. But at the end of the day, we want to be our best and we want to bring our best out every night, and so just ratching it up one extra notch, can you know, maybe just kind of get things going back in the right direction.
Speaker 9: How much?
Speaker 5: Knowing that you guys have a little extra room margin of error because of the standings and how far you're ahead right now plays into all that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, I don't think about it too much because at the end of the day, we want to play our best ball at all time. You know, we want to go out there and give a great effort. We want to go out there and win these games because they matter. You know, we want to have home field advantage. And you know, I think it is nice like when things go bad, you can still kind of be like, wow, I mean, we still got a nice cushion, but you know, things change quick in baseball.
Speaker 14: You know, injuries happen.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, teams get hot teams can you know, But the same thing goes for us, So a lot of things can change, so if you never want to be complacent in it. But there's also like, hey, we're a great team, we got great players, we know how to put it all together, and we've shown that many times this year, and you know, just the way up sometimes.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go, Alex call I always love to share with fans just how you use the technology to prepare for each and every at bat. Which twins left hand or have you put the VR set on for today?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's a little bit early for that, but be assured that will happen. I'll watch. I'll watch my friend Banda. You know, played with him in Washington, and I played with him with the Dodgers obviously, so I had I think I had a double against him last year, so hopefully we can do again this year. But rest assured, all the lefties and all the bullpen they'll be covered.
Speaker 14: I'll take a look at him and we'll be ready.
Speaker 5: All right, Alex, thanks a lot for the time. Happy day after Father's Day. And we look forward to a great road trip for you and the Dodgers. Thanks Dave, and don't let any media members come between us, all right, Never, those gift cards are gonna work, especially at Capitol Grill and Burbank Fine Dining for the Call family to celebrate Father's Day when he gets back to La, specifically the Burbank location.
Speaker 9: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thank you, DV, thank you, Alex calls. He leads out to first pitch, Dodgers and Twins from Minneapolis. I'm next, I'm gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Dodgers going with an opener. Yeah, we'll get into it next. I'm Tim Keats.
Speaker 4: Is the back to back Will Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Dude game on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in Twins.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Minneapolis's coming up at four forty.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Zebbie Matthews on the mound for the Twins three and four four seventy eight. Erora, a twenty six year old right hander eighth round pick of the Twins back in twenty twenty two out of Western Carolina, made his major league debut in twenty twenty four. Has been up and down the last two and a half seasons. After starting this year in Triple A's making his eight start now in the big leagues. It's got a fastball in the mid nineties, the slider curveball change up last time out seven innings, two runs, eight hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Rangers. In three starts in June, he is two and one with a four ninety five RORA. Tonight will be his first career start against the Dodgers ninth career start against an NL West opponent. Will Climb will be the opener, follow by the left hander Eric lawer Clin will make his second start this season after serving as an opener back on May fifteenth against the Anaheim Angels.
Speaker 4: This season, will Climb.
Speaker 6: Two and two at a two thirty seven rray and one save in twenty six appearances, just over thirty innings pitch total.
Speaker 4: After Will Klein opens the game.
Speaker 6: The left hander Eric Lawer, thirty one years old, will make his fifth outing as a Dodger after being traded to the club from the Blue Jays back on May seventeenth for cash considerations. Since joining the Dodgers, he's made four starts. He's one to zero with a three to twenty two RORA with Toronto to start the year. He was one in five with the six to sixty nine ERA in eight games. Last year, though real good and helping the Blue Jays get to the World Series. He was nine to two in the regular season with a three to eighteen RRA and five career appearances four starts against Minnesota. Eric Lauer is one in three with a nine to fifty eight. He's faced the Twins already this season when he's with the Toronto Blue Jays, went five and a third Indians, getting the loss as he gave up seven runs on five hits and walked five in that game. He had a best outing that as a reliever back on June sixth last year, where he earned the win, going two and a third Indians, allowing just one hit, one walk and two strikeouts against Minnesota. So it's been a mixed bag for Eric lower who will come in after Will Klein who will open things up. Zebbi Matthews, the right hander will go for Minnesota. As we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game of our next I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season lost.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Minnesota Twins started a three game series from targeted fields. Will Kliin will open, Eric Lauer will follow first pitch coming up at four forty. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Supporo starts great moments. They all start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers in cleaning light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time. Tim nevert Rick Monday, guess Tim.
Speaker 2: Thanks again. We're getting you ready for the first pitch.
Speaker 7: Of this one tonight at Target Field in downtown Minneapolis. Right hander Will Klein will be the opener. He will go just one inning. Eric Lauer will come in after that. Now, Eric Lawer had an issue with the Toronto Blue Jays about coming in after an opener, and largely the issue is the fact that the Blue Jays didn't tell him whether he would be coming in in the second or third inning. They wanted to leave things open. He felt they didn't communicate with him as well as the Dodgers have. Dave Roberts telling Lauer after yesterday's game in Los Angeles that he would come in in the second inning for sure tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because the starting pitcher the creatures of habit aren't we all for that matter. But you know, when do you start loosening up for a game when you could be coming into a game normally the starting pitcher is looking at game time. And that's a big, big adjustment. One thing that Lower's been able to do the last two years.
Speaker 9: He gets two strikes in a hitter.
Speaker 8: You know, he has the fourteenth lowest batting average against just one thirty seven. The trick is get ahead, get ahead early, and stay ahead.
Speaker 7: Dodgers have won all four of Eric Lower's starts since he joined the club, Zebbie Matthews is mind upon it, and Matthews is either all in or or not. I mean, he's been good for them at times, but at other times he's been hit around.
Speaker 8: Dodgers are going to have to make a better adjustment against the slider than they did yesterday. Why well, for Matthews seventh lowest average of any starting pitcher on the slider this year, in fact, the last two years against the slider, just a one fifty eight average against it.
Speaker 7: Right header Zebbie Matthews for the Twins, right hander Will Klein as the opener, to be followed by the lefty Eric Lauer. Twins and Dodgers lineups. First pitch, just around the corner.
Speaker 6: All right, first pitch indeed coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: Don't forget when this game is over.
Speaker 6: David Vessie's got you covered with all the postgame reaction of highlights and of course Dodger talk, as well as the padres in action later on tonight as they play host to the Atlanta Braves. The Arizona Diamondbacks will get under way in Saint Louis in about fifteen minutes. We tell you this because the Dodgers go into action. Tonight's nine games up on San Diego, nine and a half games up on Arizona in the Western Division of the National League. So a Dodgers win and a loss from the Padres and Diamondbacks would open up a double digit lead in the division. We'll find out though, We'll climb Eric Lower Zebbie Matthews the pitching matchup when we come back. Enjoyed everybody, show ay Otani in the batter's box to start it all off. This it's been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: It