Speaker 1: Mojo in the Morning Show. Today is my wife's birthday. Yeah, and it's the first birthday that she will have in all the years that we have been together, that she gets what she wants and not what she doesn't want, because I finally have been told what she doesn't like. I want to know if there are anybody else that can relate to this. Have you ever thought that there's somebody in your family that loved something that every single year you would buy it for them, or maybe they did it for you. They bought it for you, and every time they did, you'd go, why the hell did they buy into this? Chelsea's grandfather was a prime example of this. I would go to his house and he had penguins all over his house. Yeah, penguin little statues, penguin pictures, penguins all over the place. They were all over. Grandfather loved penguins all over the place. Finally, this guy named Tom comes into his granddaughter Chelsea's life. He's standing in his like I don't know, like entryway, and I go up to him and I go, Danny Manzel, I got a question to ask you. And he goes, what's that? I go, I see about one hundred and eighty penguins around. Harry, I go tell me the story of how you and penguins became friends. And he looked at me and he goes, Tommy, I hate the goddamn He just didn't have the heart to tell people he hated penguins. And guess what, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Because Chelsea does not like the things that I've been buying her for years. I have been buying her flowers every birthday. Every birthday I would have a thing of hydrangeas that would be brought to her because I know that she loves hydrangas. She likes hydrangeas in our.
Speaker 2: Front yard, ex on the kitchen coundar.
Speaker 1: She didn't want them. And so it came to a point where finally the other day, and I think a lot of it is, you know, with her recovering and after her hospital, we have gotten so many beautiful flowers that have been sent to our house. Shannon sent us, Shandon and West and the kids sent us beautiful flowers, gorgeous flowers, and she loves them. She loves them, she just doesn't love them for me. And so she finally said to me, she goes, hey, she goes this birthday, All I want is you to handwrite me something in a card or handwrite me a card. That's all she wants. This woman, by the way, not very high maintenance. All she wants is me to do that. So I had chat chepete. There you go. My gosh, No, I'm just kidding, that's ai r low. No. I wrote her a nice card. She actually wrote me something very special this morning. She thought that was awesome. I left it for her on her kitchen or bathroom counter, you know what I mean. So I want to ask this question. I want to ask the question of people. Can anybody relate to this? Can you relate to this?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Really? Cupcakes with cupcakes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I cupcakes?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So my Instagram name is cupcake Shannon. That kind of started as a joke. I mean I did go through a period where I really it was like there was like a cupcake era right when like cupcakes were a thing. And now anytime anyone sees something with cupcakes on it, they either send me a text or a d M or they buy it for me. And I like eating cupcakes. I don't need a house full of things with cupcake You know, we're going to call this and thank you if you've ever gotten me something with cupcakes. I just I like eating them.
Speaker 1: Shannon. We're going to call this hashtag Goddamn Pang cupcakes. This is actually funny, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Also I wish I could change my Instagram name, but I think it's too late.
Speaker 1: Now. I think I think you could do it. You could do the Shannon or something like that, the real, the real cut, the real cupcakes.
Speaker 2: I thought people just know you as that, like people literally call me cupcake Shannon instead of just Sandon.
Speaker 1: I want to hear your stories. Eight four four Mojoe Live. What's up, Sarah? How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: How are you fantastic? What's going on?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: My grandma is notorious for buying people things that they don't want.
Speaker 4: So if you say you like something, she's going to get it. So for example, my brother, he said he likes meatballs, and now she throws it at every event and he hates them.
Speaker 1: Now, no, not the meatballs, not the meat balls.
Speaker 5: And then my cousin he was like, I like Raymond noodles, and she bought him a whole case of Raymon noodles and Popps and pants.
Speaker 4: To go with it, and he's eight, He's like, why do I need poss and pants?
Speaker 1: You know what it is so interesting about the myth of the story behind the whole deal is it's usually the people that it goes to, like you know, your brother with his meatballs, Chelsea with the flowers, Shannon with the cupcakes, is you don't want to hurt other people's feelings, and what you want to do is you you see them happy, and those people are so good at faking being happy about these things. But it finally is like enough is enough?
Speaker 2: About how do you say to somebody like I actually really don't like cookcakes this much?
Speaker 1: Like you can't say anything to stop them. I'm like that, Yeah, you did it perfectly. What's up, Jen? How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Good? How are you fantastic? Jen? What's going on?
Speaker 6: So? I was just calling to let you know that my mother in law always buys us clothes that are like two sizes is too small for me, my husband, my kid, the kids that continuously grow, you know, so fast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she just always buys the stuff that are too it's just too small.
Speaker 8: And it's so funny.
Speaker 7: I'm always she's always like, oh what happened to that sweatshirt?
Speaker 1: I gotcha. I'm like, well it was a medium. The opposite is me. They always buy them way too big, like I'll get like, I'm a holy crap man. They must think I'm a house.
Speaker 7: Like how fat do you think I am?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Exactly? What's up? Nick? What's going on? Nick? Hey?
Speaker 4: What's up guy?
Speaker 8: The first time?
Speaker 1: Long time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Nick, let's go. Yeah, So Mojo to your point a moment ago about the flowers. So, you know I would buy my flower I'd buy my wife flowers several times a year, and I would just like hand them to her, and she would be grateful and she would appreciate that and all those things. And then one day she finally said, She's like, hey, you know I like these and everything, but you know, like you don't go get the vase, you don't go cut the flowers, you don't go put them in anything. You just kind of hand it to me and then kind of take it from there. So I learned that actually create a little bit more work for her. She's grateful and everything, but I'm like, oh, maybe I should just you know, take this over the finders line as far as like, you know, making them presentable.
Speaker 1: That is actually interesting that sometimes it's more work for you, you know, to have to sit there and you know, a garden. You know, Tiffany, what's happening? How are you?
Speaker 6: Hi? So? My favorite color is pink, but I don't like to wear pink all the time.
Speaker 4: But dead's all.
Speaker 6: People like birthdays, Christias, I get pink everything, and I'm just like, where where am I?
Speaker 4: Where all this pink?
Speaker 5: I don't wear pink every day?
Speaker 4: It's for pink what pink shoes?
Speaker 1: I'm just like, oh my god, I'm not a Barbie. It's it's eventually we have to speak up for ourselves. Ashley, what's up? Hi?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It's actually my thirteen year old son. When he was little, we used to go to Olive Garden with my mom and those Andy's mints that you'd get with yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well she thought that he.
Speaker 7: Like, absolutely loved these, so for every like Halloween, Birthday, Christmas, she would buy him these giant bags of Andy's Mint. So finally, like a year or two ago, he was like, mom, I absolutely hate these, Like, can you please tell Grandma without making her fio bad? I've just had it with these.
Speaker 1: It's so cutie doesn't want to hurt Grandma didn't like you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: He's like, no, you do it, Mom, she won't.
Speaker 6: You know, you do it, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's such a testament to the person, by the way, who's giving, because they make it a point to put it on their you know list, or make a mental note.
Speaker 1: To go get said thing to give to you.
Speaker 2: But it's like, that's why I think it makes it so hard to say, like, I don't even like these mints.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Amanda, what's it for you that everybody buys you that you really don't like?
Speaker 4: Mojo is basket balls. I used to play basketball when I was younger. Yeah, and literally every birthday, every Christmas five six people would buy me a basketball. So I had all these basketballs around my room, my backyard. Everywhere I turned there was a basketball. So probably when I was like seventeen, I had to tell them, can you guys just stop buying me basketball? Stop buying me basketball?
Speaker 1: Enough with the basketballs. I like that, but I also like this one. Kimberly, what is it for you?
Speaker 3: It's slops for me?
Speaker 1: Slots slots, yep.
Speaker 3: I have no idea how it started. I tell you, Like a former one, and it just kind of blew out from there. I have probably you know, like eight to ten stuffed animals forcakes.
Speaker 1: Are bad, are cute.
Speaker 2: But I say that, I just mean sloths are cute.
Speaker 1: Do not buy me? What's up, Dawn? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 8: Mojo?
Speaker 4: Can you say birthday?
Speaker 1: Birthday?
Speaker 4: You said it a couple of times and it's only you saying birthday.
Speaker 1: Birthday, birthday, It's birthday. I don't know being there, Joe's got Yeah. My favorite, My favorite is when people call it a birthday, birthday. I say birthday.
Speaker 2: My friend Whitney said birthday.
Speaker 1: By birth Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, here's one that every teacher can relate to, and I'll take it as the last one because this is a public service announcement for every teacher. What is it, Hayley?
Speaker 6: Do not buy.
Speaker 5: Teachers daties that are there seam in their classrooms. Now, Like if a teacher has like an owl boarder or pine apples or apples or whatever, they get gifted things that have all of those things on them, and there's really not a whole lot you can do other than put it in your classroom.
Speaker 1: You know what teachers want? Gift cards to target. That's what they want, right, Yes, gift cards.
Speaker 5: To target things off their Amazon wish lists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything that they My sister Pat is a former teacher. She was a third grade teacher and she said if she got another apple, she was going to lose her mind. It's like NonStop apples in her voice. So people actually gave teachers apples. They that was like the thing, like everybody would always give a teacher like Apple gifts, Like they'd go to a Hallmark store and buy the same Apple gift. Pat one time returned the same gift too. I think it was a Hallmark store and it was like nine or ten of them from nine or ten gifts. It's like, I don't know how many glass apples she wanted.