Speaker 1: Flors Morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later.
Speaker 1: Please, I could never know if the day was us Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograh, super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the fifteenth day of December twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the pouch of morning show. How are you good? Viking Monday morning? Big victory Monday. How about that big win for our quarterback and our team yesterday mora not to come and actually big win for all our teams this weekend, and a big trade and so much more. So Here we go, ladies and gentlemen. Let's get Monday started Sebastian Maniscalco with some comedy on a Monday.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 3: My name is Chris Hockey, and I am glad you are here.
Speaker 2: I heard a big bang in the house. My wife never hears anything in the house. It was a big bang. Was a boom boom, right, I go. You hear that? She goes, no, you think it was the TV. He said, no, it's not. Pause. Look there's an Amazon guy doing a drop off at midnight. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: This is a little aggressive to be coming to people's houses with nine boxes at midnight.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this company works. I really don't.
Speaker 4: Sometimes a beautiful Amazon truck pulls up, says Amazon on this side.
Speaker 2: Guy gets out.
Speaker 4: He's fully decorated in Amazon paraphernalia.
Speaker 2: But then sometimes a white rape.
Speaker 3: Van shows up. This guy gets out with a yellow traffic vest. I asked them, igo, you work for Amazon.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I'm a I'm a yah. You know where I live? How did you hit it? Bird?
Speaker 5: The fair size is weed him feet us on your side, you hear the distance under this land, and then you stray.
Speaker 1: Monday, December fifteenth and twenty twenty five, it's the Power Trip one show.
Speaker 2: I'm Corey. That's Chris, that's Paul, there's Zach. All we do is win in this town.
Speaker 1: The Vikings victorious, the Wolves victorious, the wild with.
Speaker 2: A giant weekend.
Speaker 1: Wintersville is the US say good morning, how are you.
Speaker 2: Great? Hoty A dog's daddy? How are we this morning?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Trying to get untangled over here. I'm doing just freaking great. Yeah, man, just great. You I am, thank you, I finally am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Separated my testicles from the inside of my leg, and I am I'm good.
Speaker 2: That's hot.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm not supposed to put your tongue on the pool. I'm fine.
Speaker 6: It's just that life is pointless and nothing matters, and I'm always tired.
Speaker 2: Also, I can't sleep. I'm over eating. Then a mild hobby's interesting.
Speaker 1: Been there, buddy, I heard that man sums up every December in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yea, the same bird, No, that December January?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh that's right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Hey, you stop it.
Speaker 4: But we have Christmas soon, and we won, and we won in all of our sports the first time since three they've all won on the sad day. Possible.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem mathematically possible. Yeah, because the Vikings have won a lot of games. The Wild won a lot of games. I know the Wolves haven't. Especially when you were going Yeah.
Speaker 3: When you were going, boy, were you just a black cloud on the world?
Speaker 2: Man, Not anymore.
Speaker 1: I was the beacon of light at that place at that point, because that think it was a cesspool.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was sucked with Yeah, man, it was.
Speaker 3: There was There was some dancing ladies with nice behind yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure. There were twenty five people there. Sure, and I was one of them.
Speaker 3: Four of them had nice behinds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yes.
Speaker 1: It was basically Lake me, the dance team dB and guys that throw T shirts due we be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the lady bringing back at DVD. Man. Yeah, while he was on the bench. Love that story.
Speaker 1: God, And she didn't understand why that was a problem.
Speaker 2: Just throw it out. I hoped she was eighteen.
Speaker 1: I mean he was like eighteen or nineteen or twenty, but she looked so young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was throwing it out.
Speaker 2: You know, man, why.
Speaker 1: Can't I bring him? Because he's playing a game. I mean he's not playing, he's on the bench.
Speaker 2: But he's like, it's just a gas jeez.
Speaker 3: Oh man, do you understand I'm playing a game as well. I'm playing a game of tag this ace that's what.
Speaker 1: DY was playing for it. Yeah, that's all I had interested. She was at the game with her mom. Guy, it was just so awkwardly hot.
Speaker 3: The mom maybe a little hot, maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was like twenty years ago, but I think duty you know, you know who knows. I mean she was old enough to be his mom. Yeah, yeah, win Zach's old enough to be Quinn hughes his dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about is that true?
Speaker 7: Hockey like twenty twenty six? So technically you are core?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean and the son of a bitch scored too?
Speaker 2: How about that? How about?
Speaker 7: Of course he did? Place was electric. That was a fun building to be in. And uh, I can't wait till Tuesday went no Vetchkins here and the capital is good and we get to see Quinn again and hopefully, uh, people on the.
Speaker 2: Wild team don't get hurt more.
Speaker 7: Come yeah Marcus Johansson early in the second period. But so yeah, I mean, obviously a lot of good there, but a lot of like, can we just get through a game again? It's another December of love interest. But we're winning, so the reason to believe.
Speaker 3: Let's not bring up the negatives.
Speaker 7: Let's just be yeah, no, no, absolutely if we can. Yes, it is hard, Yeah, it is hard.
Speaker 3: His name is Quint and uh he fishes and he plays hockey.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: He was on the Indianapolis when it went down after they delivered.
Speaker 2: The Bowl he's an old young man.
Speaker 3: They delivered the boom.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, that was uh that was It feels like a Friday Morning Show was about ten years ago.
Speaker 2: It really does not weird.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it feels like the weekend takes three seconds and we were just here.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why it is, but you nailed it, dude. It feels like Friday was about six weeks ago. What was it about this weekend? It took so long? I just I wonder, Yeah, because I feel the exact same way. I'm like, man, this guy, that's what it is. You were like, I can't wait to get back in there. Yeah, maybe that was what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they delivered the bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 3: Then they went fishing, and then they went fishing, and they used themselves as a bit.
Speaker 2: Campbell fighting Camels.
Speaker 3: Yeah they make it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the heck is that? That's the team the Gophers, I know, like.
Speaker 1: Putting something together, Like, what the heck is.
Speaker 2: The fighting Camels.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's fantastic, Phil, Phil farrar.
Speaker 7: Good for the fighting Camels. Phil on when are they playing? Oh they're playing Sunday. That's howthing. They play a hump day. Yeah, man. How about that Rob Reiner story. Jesus horrific weird?
Speaker 1: My God, leader in the clubhouse is his son?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, yep, they're not.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've officially released that yet, but everybody's saying that Rob Reiner and his wife stabbed to death by their son about it?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, what the hell?
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: I know their thirty two year old son, Nick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Rob was seventy eight and his wife.
Speaker 1: Was sixty eight or something like that, give or take. Yes, seventies and sixties.
Speaker 3: Just terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was weird, I know if you as we're following along on social media. When the headline first broke, it just said two bodies found at the home of Rob Reiner.
Speaker 2: Didn't make it.
Speaker 1: Didn't say Rob Reiner and his wife found dead at their home. It was just two bodies of elderly people. And I'm like, what, who is this?
Speaker 2: A party gone wrong? Correct?
Speaker 1: Were they out of the country and two people broke in and killed themselves or overdose around?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: And then I don't know how long it took for the headline to quickly change and say that it was a man with exactly his age and a woman with exactly her age, And it took two seconds for the Internet to go, hey, those are their ages. Yeah, and then you realize the most likely scenario is that it's them.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was just a you know, obviously out on the press store for spinal taps, so he was everywhere, you know. I just, man, I can't imagine what's gonna come out about that. I know the I was reading some stuff this morning. Strange enough people magazine breaking all kinds of news, how about that. But I'm sure we'll get all kinds of information about the relationship between the bunch. I know that the young man had a lot of drug issues throughout his life. My goodness, I know there's enough drugs in the world to get me to do that.
Speaker 1: They were found by their daughter. That's the Is that right? Yeah, that's what everybody's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's a hot, hot bunch of mess. But we all won games, yeah, and it's Christmas.
Speaker 2: It is Christmas.
Speaker 3: It's always won games.
Speaker 7: When like news like that breaks, like during uh, like a big game, like a Vikings game or whatever, and it's just like you're obviously happier entertaining by the football game. But then you're just seeing on Twitter and stuff, just like the most horrific stuff, and you're like, ugh, well.
Speaker 1: The world keeps spinnings while JJ McCarthy is doing the gritty into the end zone, Rob's getting stabbed to death, and the world doesn't stop for any of us, right, yep.
Speaker 3: It stopped for for for those two. Sure, yeah, but uh, but not for us. We kept on spins.
Speaker 1: Right, But you would think that the whole world would stop and say, did you hear that Zachary got stabbed to death? Nope, JJ's greedy into the end zone?
Speaker 2: You got stabbed? Yeah, wasn't.
Speaker 1: Well, did you get kind of a lover's quarrel with JJ and koc Chos not a big fan of the dance into the end zone?
Speaker 3: Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He told him not to do it, told him not to do it ahead of time, which means he had done that in practice. Think about that, Hey, let's not do that, and.
Speaker 2: Then he did it anyway. He basically said, don't encourage it. He was. He did say that is paraphrase.
Speaker 1: He basically was like, well, when Chaos told me not to do it, it actually made me want to do it more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't encourage it.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Cut me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, hey, let's not let's not exaggerate just to exaggerate. But I'm going to exaggerate just to exaggerate.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that.
Speaker 3: That's one of the.
Speaker 1: Best playfakes I've ever seen ever. Pa fell for it. Almost everybody on the TV broadcast fell for it.
Speaker 2: Everybody on the field fell for it.
Speaker 1: Was then you can watch the replay and you're like, god, dang, that was perfect hand placement.
Speaker 2: He sold it.
Speaker 1: That was about as good of a playfake as you can possibly do.
Speaker 2: So well done, JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was outstanding, gutsy call. That is one of those results oriented calls.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If that gets slammed and stuffed, KOC gets shredded, shredded, but it works and.
Speaker 2: Nobody bats an eye.
Speaker 1: Right, all those plays that we've broken down this year where it's why did chaoz throw it on fourth and short? WHOA Sure some of them you could have questioned, but a lot of that's results oriented.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If it works, nobody cares and you move on.
Speaker 2: That was a great example.
Speaker 1: You make a really gutsy call, excellent play fake, excellent execution.
Speaker 2: It works like a charming you look like a genius. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If it gets slammed and JJ just gets buried, can you imagine the vitriol on Twitter going what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And we have JJ or Justin Jefferson and we're just hand the ball off to Jordan.
Speaker 2: It's fourth and one? What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Because I would add that the luxury that you have now that you've been eliminated from the playoffs is you can try that kind of stuff and not have the uh visceral reaction that you would normally get, which is why it was cool. And they you know, they're going for the going for it on fourth down, they're airing the ball out like that team it seemed they seems like they're very uh loose.
Speaker 3: I went to high school named Aaron ball Out.
Speaker 2: How was he not too bad?
Speaker 3: His balls were always out?
Speaker 2: Oh right on brand.
Speaker 3: His real name wasn't Aaron balls Out.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, it was just Pat Johnson, but it is balls out, Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird that we called him Aaron.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, they got that's the other So a.
Speaker 1: Guy whose name was kind of the balls out. His actual name was Pat Johnson. Yeah, which is a euphemism for or.
Speaker 2: What's the word euphemism? A? Oh my god? How thank you? Synonym? Jesus, you beat me to it? Oh wow? How many cups of coffee? If you had the word synonym? God, dang it, I should go home. Yes, you should. You should call it a day.
Speaker 1: That's gonna yeah, thank you a synonym Pat Johnson?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I know, Pat Johnson.
Speaker 1: Is that Aaron balls out?
Speaker 3: Pat Johnson is tea bag right?
Speaker 2: Tea bagh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Not the wild mask. Yeah, let's you know the game over.
Speaker 1: Hey look, I don't know anything about Quinn Hughes, but Zachary tell me if this is accurate. Here's what I Here's what I saw on Twitter from somebody that I I.
Speaker 2: Think knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Somebody was asked like, what was Zeve Bulliam's ceiling?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like how good was Zev Bulliam gonna be potentially? And the comeback was he could have potentially been as good.
Speaker 2: As Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if that's true, then this trade kind of kicks ass because what you basically did then is time travel. Yeah, right, you took a Coroll Caprice off window. And instead of saying, let's wait until Zeve Williams as good as Quinn Hughes, you said, let's just turn Zeve Bulliam into Quinn Hughes today.
Speaker 7: That's that's essentially what it is. And obviously there's other factors, the concern about uh, you know, the resigning in a year and a half and you know, you know what can we get if he doesn't want to sign. But if we're talking about right here, right now, this yeares yeah, this is uh may ze, this is Zeve's ceiling, like this is I think, because I mean you saw that the text day when you asked me were initially my my gut reaction was we gave up to my gosh, how because Zeve had his best game on Thursday night at least I thought in a wild sweater, and I was really excited to see where he was going to go and so to watch him Christmas the next night be traded. That was initially it was like, and I was wrong. I admit I was an idiot. I I I didn't. I let my emotions get the best of me.
Speaker 1: But sorry, but it was uh saus just said synonym before I did.
Speaker 2: So we all had a really rough week.
Speaker 3: He thought he was going to have some synonyms.
Speaker 7: I even texted you that night and I was like, I might have a bit. I'm sorry, but yeah, this is It was a really hell of a trade and he is a special.
Speaker 2: Player and we are very, very lucky to have him.
Speaker 1: Right now, all right, More of the Power to a morning show. It sounds like no lever because he got in laid so he like you might call him, but maybe not. Who knows, We never know what Ben's doing.
Speaker 8: More of the Power to Morning show after this on the fan, Hey, good on everybody five two more show here we are big big wins this weekend from all our squads.
Speaker 3: Wow hit right?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah man, all right, right now again, I still I mean, I trust the source, I guess, but I still have it finding it hard to believe that was the first time the wild Wolves and the Vikings won since two thousand and three in the same day.
Speaker 3: There's such a dying Thomas I am.
Speaker 1: Yet it just doesn't seem possible. No, no, well you told me four years.
Speaker 2: Or some one thing.
Speaker 1: I'd say maybe. But also, the Wolves have been winning like crazy the last handful of years. You go all the way back to like, you know, post Kevin Garnett. Sure, there was like a decade and a half where all we did is lose. Like that makes a lot of sense, but h man, whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised I didn't see any tweets saying where are we winning?
Speaker 2: I kind of did tweet that you did? Yeah? I did. Yeah? Are you mad that they won?
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about your tweet unless Corey reads them on air.
Speaker 2: I can hear that. Yeah. No, I just yeah, I don't know. Are you mad that they won?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: I'm not mad that they won? Would you have been?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you like this, because I already know the answer.
Speaker 2: Would you have been more.
Speaker 1: Happy if McCarthy played as well as he did but then they still lost?
Speaker 2: Yes? I figured you'd say that, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, because that is the you know, when the hole is like why you need to build a winning culture in the NFL, Like a third of the team's gonna leave?
Speaker 2: I wish maybe more? You wish? Who are you talking?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I will? I think he thought his mic was off? Boys texted again.
Speaker 1: The advantage of being in that room by yourself. Once in a while, you can just turn the mic off and have the room to yourself. But whoopsies, let me see here anyway. Yeah, seven hours ago, saw she tweeted, the kid has looked great. This is a huge step for him. Winning these games is pointless.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it kind of is, but it's if it's good for them.
Speaker 2: What do I know.
Speaker 4: I'm not on the team. I was just devastated yesterday when they walked. But you know, keep winning. They're gonna win on Sunday. That Giants team is horrific. Oh man, that my be the worst team in football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got beat by this. The Commanders skins is not right.
Speaker 2: You need to get off your phone.
Speaker 1: Eight hours ago, you tweeted, Quinn Hughes is my favorite hockey player ever.
Speaker 2: Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 4: I didn't know who he was on Friday, but by Sunday I love the guy.
Speaker 3: Was that what you have every week? What do I have by Sunday?
Speaker 4: No, that's the guy who sometimes comes in on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: He man, his uh his his with two little brothers were the first and the fourth overall picks in the NHL draft and he was only seventh.
Speaker 1: Yep, I mean, what a disaster.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was a third one. Oh, yeah, good old Luke. No, I didn't know quin. I'm with Sauce. I didn't know Quinn was the third I just knew that the brothers played an I literally didn't know there was a third one.
Speaker 4: On Friday, Randy got super excited. I'm like, I don't know who that is, no idea. And then a bunch of you knew about Luke, we didn't know about Quinn. I knew that they were brothers.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know their names. I just knew they were brothers.
Speaker 1: On the Devils.
Speaker 2: I got it. Yeah, and he's real good.
Speaker 1: And Zachary I always like, I used to say this to Brandon all the time when you and when Brandon and I would sit at the press box at the the old X back in the day, and I would ask him questions, try to figure out how hockey worked. Yeah, and I really exactly. I probably annoyed the hell out of him. And then after I just never quite understood the chaos of hockey. What you realize when you're a novice hockey fan and watcher is it does look like chaos. I can only tell if somebody makes a mistake, if it's an egregious mistake like WHOA Like that was bad?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Otherwise minor mistakes, I can't. I don't have the eye for it. The opposite is true as well, unless somebody's freakishly good, Like when Corell's out there, you can just tell he's different. Last night was the first time I've ever had eyes on Quinn Hughes and was like, I'm going to watch this guy and see what it is. He's different, right, just the way that he moves and stuff. He looks like a forward as a defenceman. Yeah, skating's crazy. He definitely stands out. I don't know exactly the x's and o's of why he's brilliant, but he definitely moves differently than than other defense see him.
Speaker 2: You said it might be him? You said it.
Speaker 7: I mean the way he moves, it's like a cheat code. It's like when you know you've got a nine to nine player out on Madden or Shell or whatever video game you're playing, and they're just kind of just going around everybody. He just is so such a good skater more than anything. And then that's not you know, then you talk about his shot, his ability to see the ice and make plays, and you know they talked a little bit about this yesterday. But when him and Carill start really clicking, and him and Broke Bowley and Ericson, like all these guys, when they really start to mesh, I mean, this is I mean, I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but this is a legitimate Cup contender now, and I mean it's a good time to be real excited about this team. And they've I still can't believe where we were at the end of October and how dark that locker.
Speaker 2: Room was, and how.
Speaker 7: It was you know, there were people talking about jobs being in jeopardy and and now all of a sudden, here we are. We're four points behind the Stars, still ten points behind the Avalanche. I don't think we're going to catch the two loss avalanche, but we are in a very very good position right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy G just went all in, man, Yeah, I love Billy G. Was Did you hear him take a shout out the twins yesterday with Barrero?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: He basically was asking Barrero like, why do you, like, do you ask everybody else these tough money questions? Because everybody's asking about if he's gonna sign and.
Speaker 1: All that and he's like, well, I mean was like, yeah, I mean except for the Twins, they don't let us have people on, but they don't spend any money, and Billy goes, well, yeah, that's why they lose.
Speaker 2: Oh my, it was something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and then apparently he uh quinn forgot his uh his equipment when he got to the plane. Yeah, and didn't realize it until he got he landed that he didn't have any of his equipment. So they does special plays equipment in and wow, dude, but yeah, that was that was really exciting to see him get off that plane, get in into the Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 7: Crowd was obviously, I mean loud, voysterous, even in the warm ups when he came out, and then he was the last one off the ice and they gave him another standing ovation before we even dropped the pucks.
Speaker 6: So I wasn't expecting that, but that was very cool. And I know it's a hockey market, but that was that was exciting.
Speaker 3: His voice reminds me of somebody, but I can't think of who played again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I wasn't expecting that, but he was very cool and I know it's a hockey market. But that was that was exciting.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it reminds me so much of somebody, but I.
Speaker 1: Just Pat Johnson, I don't think so a little bit of George Lucas in there. Yeah, Zachary, no matter what if he leaves next year, is this traded disaster regardless of how well he plays well he's here.
Speaker 7: Well, the nice thing is he just like what he was with with the Canucks where he said, hey, I'm not going to resign like next summer, and so they were able to like start, you know, getting him out there and get something for him. I think he will tell Bill like, hey, you know, and plenty of time like hey, I'm not going to resign, you know, and so I I that's the worst. The worst case scenario is not he doesn't resign and we get nothing for him, though the worst the worst case scenario at this point is he just we get something for him next year. But man, I'm telling you there, it's going to be very tough because everybody's talking about him wanting to go and play with the devils. That's going to be a very tough thing to figure out money wise, to to make that work. It's you know, certainly possible, but it's it's very unlikely. And then the other other team that people were talking about was Detroit because he's he's from Michigan. But I think he's going to find that, you know, this is a team that is is in its window now, that will be in a window for the next three, four or five years. It's close to Michigan. He's you know, he loves Bill as you mentioned as if you heard, I mean, he loves Bill Garon, He loves this, this team. John Hines is going to be an assistant coach on Team USA in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Like they're gonna have fenty of time.
Speaker 7: Boldie obviously, the teammates, and again it's just it's such a all of a sudden now just such a very talented squad that I think he's going to want to be a part of. And hopefully we do get a resign and it could be as you know, best case scenario is we're the only team because the new CBA goes into effect in September, we're the only team that can sign him to an eight year extension now. And so if he really really likes here in the next few months and says Hey, this is where I want to put some good roots down.
Speaker 2: We could have him resigning. Is that likely? Probably not?
Speaker 7: But hopefully at least we get a few more years out of this too.
Speaker 1: So take him to Manny's. Yeah, I would take them GOLFINGA I would? I think I would guess he plays golf.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure of it. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, you and Billy G and Quinn go golfing. Yeah, Billy G loves me.
Speaker 3: Surprised that that's your worst case scenarios. I honestly I can think him a line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Imagine like he goes fishing and gets eaten by shark. Yeah, imagine he gets kidnapped by a gun name Bill and stuck in a hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Not not another Bill, not Bill Garon.
Speaker 3: No, no, Buffalo Bill Geary.
Speaker 2: It would be even worse Buffalo Bill to.
Speaker 3: Be Buffalo Bill Garon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he buddies into tuck Dance. What if? What if?
Speaker 3: What if he gets a calling day and Quinn's like I said, I don't want to stay here, but thank you in Buffalo Bill gear It's like, listen, you you're helping.
Speaker 2: Exactly If quinn Us threatens.
Speaker 1: To leave, are you willing to throw him down in a hole.
Speaker 2: Be honest to keep him. Uh, think about that. That'll be your team. Tell your dad about that.
Speaker 1: Front Page Sports after this on the fan.
Speaker 7: Twenty six today, forty tomorrow. Man, just go ahead and ditch the winner coat. Why don't you? Hey, you know what, we all had that one teacher who believed in us. Well, most people had that one teacher that believes.
Speaker 3: One teacher believe I should put my pants back on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the way happened to.
Speaker 7: It could be like Chris was trying to and you can show your gratitude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I call it.
Speaker 2: I think a teacher powered by donors choos.
Speaker 3: You made it weird.
Speaker 2: You made it weird.
Speaker 7: Nominated a public school teacher to win five thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars in the class school teacher nominate.
Speaker 2: Made it weird.
Speaker 7: I heard Radio dot Com slash teachers today.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't read the baby thing anytime soon, because you're just destroying what's.
Speaker 1: The pay gap between public school teachers and private school teachers?
Speaker 2: A lot?
Speaker 1: Probably, right, I don't know. It's what I'm asking.
Speaker 3: It's a good question. I can find out.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on the district too.
Speaker 3: The red light district.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean like you're probably doing pretty well in Plumbouth. Oh, if you're a Newport they.
Speaker 1: Don't have private schools in Newport.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying the public schools, public school teachers.
Speaker 4: Now this is AI, but public school teachers general general got and he said synonym before me. Often fifteen more ten to fifteen thousand more public school or private school teachers do wait wait, no, start over. Public school teachers earn more than private school teachers, it says.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I will find out momentarily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Sweede.
Speaker 2: I'm bad at googling.
Speaker 3: I was in here with Mussy watching the Oil game last night. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we had a good Carmoni's real good in Studio Hawk at halftime.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was weird. And I was in Michigan and Chad Abbit was in Dallas, you know, raising ruckus.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, can I tell you guys something that It's gonna sound like I'm making this up because I just think I'm so cool, But this is the truth. Speaking of the game last night, I just all, I actually don't know, nor do I care. So this is one hundred percent true. This is how aloof I was yesterday. I was just getting stuff done, busy weekend, Like remember you just said, Zachary, it felt like the weekend lasted seven weeks. I felt the same way right yesterday. I'm getting stuff done, being productive, and I'm scrolling Instagram and I see Alexis post like hey, Wild puck drops. I'm like, oh my gosh, that game's in like ten minutes. That's the Quinn News debut. Forgot they played. Didn't know that it was ten minutes away. So social media gave me the heads up because Alexis said the puck drop was just minutes away, Like, oh man, I'm gonna throw that on. So I'm watching the Wild game and then my wife goes, hey, can you run and get us food?
Speaker 2: I go, of course, fine.
Speaker 1: I get in the car and it's like five thirty five, and I hear must doing the pregame.
Speaker 2: I swear to you, I forgot about the Vikings game.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If so.
Speaker 1: If I hadn't seen Alexis's post, I would have forgotten that the Quinn Hughes debut was at five. And if I had not run no eventually, I think I would have figured it out before seven to twenty. But my brain had zero knowledge that we were two hours away from Vikings kickoff. I had just like completely spaced. That's how far from sports my brain was. So shout out to social media advertising works. Yeah, wow, Alexis got me on the Wild and Muss's pregame. I was like, oh my god, the Vice game is tonight.
Speaker 2: What'm I doing? It is Sunday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they play a night. What am I doing? Completely spaced? So yeah, I'm locked in. I'm very locked in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can tell public makes more than private. Yeah, man, that's really weird. I would have also bet a lot of money. It's the other way. Yeah, I would think you go to a private school because they pay more, because they can pay you whatever they're making.
Speaker 3: I should have sent my privates.
Speaker 1: Is interesting, What a misconception it sure is, Zachary, Yes, bitch, I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Hmm. Would you think of Muslin and his performance on History when you were listening?
Speaker 2: It was fine? But he did great.
Speaker 7: Did you hear any of my work failing in for Fallness down in Coolnaway?
Speaker 2: All right? Dan, he didn't know that was on?
Speaker 1: I did because I heard you say, uh that Ze Bulliam had scored the game winner.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you do listen?
Speaker 3: How did that's?
Speaker 2: When I was in the car flipping all? How did z fam do? Yeah? How about this?
Speaker 7: So the Canucks they made their debut uh uh and got a two to one win both goals. Uh Zev had a goal and an assist, including the what eventually was the game winner on the power play. So great, great debut for Zeve and good for the Canucks.
Speaker 1: Holiday Stations store Holiday station stores. Buy a couple of Red Bulls, get one free, including that winter edition Apple Red Bull that I tried a week and a half ago. Whatever, it was fantastic, So get a couple of Red Bulls. Highday, Thanks, holiday holidays the best. You know, it's underrated at holiday that I got like two days ago. Or they're their cake donuts. Oh those pretzels are off the charts, but their cake donuts are legit.
Speaker 2: I like a good cake donut.
Speaker 3: You know, and talk about I mean that's like combining these and that.
Speaker 2: I know, you know what I mean. You're on camera, I know.
Speaker 3: What are you about?
Speaker 2: You just tell me I'm wrong though.
Speaker 3: Cake and donuts, Yeah, pretty good. Kind of cake cock Birthday.
Speaker 2: Cake cock.
Speaker 9: Jesus, I'm just repeating what you said.
Speaker 2: I said, I said that what's.
Speaker 9: Your favorite knot the candles?
Speaker 2: Calm down, Jesus.
Speaker 3: So, I wouldn't that technically be what Ryan Donaldson has.
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Zachary, I also heard you uh beyond the pond, Yes on the pond. But Russo said something interesting because again, as I just like you know, I'm like Sauce in Hawk, we just like saying ze buoy, and we don't know much about hockey right when it is riding the wave and it's fun to see the Wild win. So as I'm learning more about Quinn Hughes and why we gave up all these picks and what are we doing the big wave was what you have already mentioned. How do we resign him because he's a free agent in a year and a half and he might want to go play with his brothers, and everybody thinks that New Jerseys where he's going to end up.
Speaker 2: How do we stop that?
Speaker 1: Well, Russo said something really interesting that I think she'd at least give Wild fans optimist him. Saturday morning, when you guys were doing Beyon the Pond, when Quinn Hughes said to the Vancouver Canucks. Hey, just to adds up, I am not resigning here in a year and a half, so do what you gotta do, but I'm not resigning. And Russo has had just talked to Quinn Hughes's agent, like right before he jumped on the show where he said he was talking to him for like thirty minutes, and I believe he talked to him even the night before. Some dude I've never heard of, but he's like a super agent in the NHL. And the way that Russo put it was when Quinn Hughes told the Canucks I'm not resigning, do what you gotta do that they were very hands on in terms of where he was going to go, so it's not like he got blind sided and sent to Minnesota. It sounded like Quinn Hughes and his agent were like, yep, Minnesota's fund that works. I want a hockey community, I want a team that can win. Just find a spot like that. So it if you are well, he's gonna end up in New Jersey. This trade as a disaster. I think that's the optimism is that Quinn somewhat picked this as a destination, even if it's for a year and a half. Yeah, but he thinks this is a spot that he could potentially like longer than a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: And there was I think nothing but respect from the Canucks organization for Quinn, and they totally understood where he was coming from, and he added up. Actually, I believe he packed a lot of his stuff before they travel out. He came from Newark, that's where they were, they were playing some road games there. But before that he packed a lot of his stuff in anticipation for this. And and you know that, I mean, he spent I don't know ten plus minutes with the media yesterday after the game talking and he just there was no doubt, like he was pumped, very excited to be here and and how could you, how could he not be come in and third game in four days, that's you know, these games were overshadowed this weekend. But Ottow was a good team. Boston's a very very good team. And to beat those two teams to win three games in four days, this has been a heck of a stretch, not only with the addition to Quinn, but also with the points, with the wins, and they're piling up and this team's got it figured out. Despite as I mentioned earlier, the the injuries, the adversity that they've had to fight through that injury port continues to grow, but they're still winning games six to two over the Bruins.
Speaker 3: Here's Quinn heughes on on Garon coming out to get him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a funny guy.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, obviously a tremendous career and really appreciate him trading the assets that he did to get me. I mean, some teams they're in until they hear what they have to trade, you know, to get me. But Billy was just he was, you know, full in and I think you know that was his first offer and so obviously I want to do what I can here improve him, right, and uh, you know how he handled me with the Four Nations last year too, gave me a glimpse of what a good person he is. And honestly, he was a big reason why you know, I wanted to come here.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it Judd Nelson? Who the hell this is for? Remind me of? I don't know, it reminds me so much of somebody.
Speaker 1: U Smitty Room on Twitter, said Dennis Hopper. Maybe Jerry Rafferty the assets, of course that he was talking about, Marco Rossi, Zeve Bulliam, Liam Ogrin and a twenty twenty six first round pick, so basically four first round picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but again, you know, once you're.
Speaker 1: A pick like o Grin and it's in the past, sure, a former first round pick.
Speaker 2: But this isn't.
Speaker 1: Quite like a Rudy Gobert trade, no, because if the four first rounders that they gave up for Gobert were future first rounders that were hopefully going to be later in the first round, and those are absolute crapshoots. This is Rossi's legit. Yeah, right, The twenty twenty six first rounder might be something, but I think the ze Bulliam thing was the was the main factor.
Speaker 7: That's the headline, and I think everybody's it's certainly more palatable now and now now that the weekend's done, now that, yeah, it's it's a good day to be a Wild fan.
Speaker 1: Four straight wins for the Wild nineteen nine and five. Like you mentioned, Alexandrovtchkin and the Caps tomorrow at seven o'clock, we'll come back, we'll do what really matters and talked Vikings big win over the Cowboys last night, and JJ McCarthy's maybe maybe his best game so far, probably his best game so far. We'll talk about the Vikes and the Cowboys after that. On the fan Man, you're welcome, tenna Hey Rubs.
Speaker 7: It's the holiday season and Bell Bank is giving one kfan listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice. Just head over to KFE dot com keyword contests to learn more in at to today that's cafe dot com and make the keyword contest. Thanks Sacho, you're welcome. Odds, how was Snowcross great?
Speaker 3: A lot of fun? Man, really really coold, but it's a lot of fun. It's great to be back doing it, screaming at the TV talking about racing, great racing. A lot of snow up in Ironwood, Michigan. Just everybody riding stumbobiles everywhere.
Speaker 2: Of those things function now.
Speaker 3: It was we can get a generator to start, so the Germpatron couldn't worry. It was it was so cold Saturday. It was so cold, but it was nice and toasty inside the booth and uh so we were live on Flow Racing and a a we call it television experience on FS one or yeah, f S one will be December twenty eighth. That race will be on f S one, edited down to an hour on December twenty eighth. So if you want to see me on the TV.
Speaker 2: Sweet bitch. Oh wow, okay, wow, that was as dude.
Speaker 3: I know everybody relaxed.
Speaker 2: The bikes were on TV last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I learned that when I heard must Is pregame, mister messman. Here's what really matters, scores and stats around the world, the sports in between, Crystal change your life with something else that has nothing to do with professional or amateur athletics.
Speaker 2: True. Sweet.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Vikings won thirty four to twenty six over the Dallas Cowboys. The Vikings are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and I think the Cowboys are now too correct.
Speaker 3: I think the point zero six yance or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's what they say. They are still cleaning clinging. Yeah. Oh damn. I thought they were out too either way.
Speaker 1: So JJ McCarthy fifteen of twenty four for two hundred and fifty yards two touchdowns, both of them to Jalen Naylor. He did have that weird interception to start the game where it got batted straight up into the air and then he tried to knock it down and then it like plinkoed into the arms of a defensive lineup. Yep, so that was kind of a fluky thing, but whatever. A one o eight passer rating was the and of course the rushing touchdown on that awesome play fake anybody want to disagree? Was that his best game as a pro?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's something to be said about him playing. They not that they're well, they don't have anything to lose, but when there's no real pressure, man, he looks like he's having fun. He's putting the ball in places he should have The past that uh.
Speaker 2: J J dropped in the end zone had a little bit of mustard on it, but he still should have caught that was eating Quinn. He was was eating.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I thought from yeah, I thought it was the best game he's played so far.
Speaker 3: That is, like, like I guess, because maybe mustard's a little spicy, I guess.
Speaker 1: A little mustard on it, a little mustard on it, Like, yeah, I don't think must us anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends like honey mustard, I love, Yeah, you can't. But like Dijon probably not spicy mustard like a great poop on guy.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think I maybe only had that like once. You guys obviously you don't. But uzach, no mustard, no, no mustard hogs.
Speaker 3: Thank you hold the mustard.
Speaker 4: No mustard on your hogs. Yeah, yellow mustard's fine. I'm fine with Yeah, sure, all right.
Speaker 3: Good to know.
Speaker 2: Doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: In the last three games, Justin Jefferson has a total of thirty seven yards receiving.
Speaker 2: That's the last three games.
Speaker 1: One month ago, Jamis Winston had thirty three yards receiving in one game.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I mean like he had that touchdown, but we didn't know what the play was. That was a very weird moment.
Speaker 2: That was weird.
Speaker 1: We're like, would you guys argue that Chris, you played football and saw you played, but I don't know if you were paying attention. No, the Josh Oliver illegal formation thing that wiped away the Justin Jefferson touchdown, I would argue, that's the number one thing I don't understand about football, that that rule or like the covered up rule.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Never understood it, never asked to learn, didn't have a chance to annoy somebody like Brandon and about the rules.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't know how that works. Never played football, so I don't get it. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Can either of you explain it because I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I think it's now I might be wrong. I can't wait for you to guess.
Speaker 1: Then I probably will be and it will be pointed out if I am wrong.
Speaker 2: Yep, can't wait.
Speaker 4: I think what they just don't want anybody who is a what's it called when they like dole receiver to be covered up so it looks like you're trying to hide them as alignment.
Speaker 2: I think, what does the covered up mean? Meaning that like you both can't be on the line on the line, so.
Speaker 4: Like you'll see like these guys like they kind of form like a pocket, and they'll like the wide receiver will be up and the they'll be up like a half step ahead of everybody on the offensive line, especially the either the tackles or the tight end.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, I will do it.
Speaker 3: An O line covered up The illegal formation happens when an offensive player, often a tight end or alignment with an eligible number like fifty to seventy nine, isn't positioned correctly on the offensive line of scrimmage, making them ineligible to catch a pass because another player is on the line outside of them blocking their path to the end zone, or they're not at the end of the line where they should be, forcing an eligible receiver to cover them up to make the formation legal, resulting in a five year pound. Does that help it all?
Speaker 2: No, So.
Speaker 3: Eligible receive.
Speaker 1: So josh Oliver needed to be a half step back correct, you needed to write one step back off.
Speaker 2: The line, Then everything's good to go exactly. Yep.
Speaker 1: So it's one hundred percent his fault then yeah, yeah, right, that's just Josh Oliver not paying attention. Yeah, or who else's fault?
Speaker 2: Can it be?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 3: There had and I'm thinking maybe you know how Jalen looked like he was kind of confused on that plate, Yeah, running back and forth. Maybe he was supposed to come over that line of scrimmage and line up in a slot formation.
Speaker 2: But then didn't go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know for sure.
Speaker 1: See who knows, man, but man Jefferson looked pissed.
Speaker 3: The outermost player on each side of the line must be an eligible receiver, and all players between them on the line must be ineligible if an eligible player is covered up, the offense commits an illegal. For me, a tied end in lineman wearing an eligible number lines up inside the tackle. But yeah, I still am confused by it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Sounds like something that professional athletes, though, should definitely know the.
Speaker 3: Rules for Yeah, Sam, please send me a text and tell me what the rule is either way.
Speaker 2: He finally rips it into JJ.
Speaker 1: Jefferson catches it, starts doing the gritty, and then quickly realizes there's a flag. And the look on Jefferson's face is like, this season sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate it. Here, trade me to Vancouver. He did not, No, but.
Speaker 4: There was nobody on the planet then Joe Burrow yesterday. Who could look more disinterested in what they're doing?
Speaker 1: Hey, you want him? Yeah, I would take him. I think we all would a disinterested job. But I don't think he'd be disinterested here. But he's sure as hell looked disinterested yesterday. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: I asked chat GBT, even though I'm not allowed to use it, to be cool and tell me something about it in the way that i'd understand. Yeah, it's say it said, just give up oh, you never understand it.
Speaker 1: How come we never got to vote? You know, I know, iHeart wants to be guaranteed human. Yeah, AI generated covers are bangers.
Speaker 2: We didn't get to vote. I want to play those. Yeah, we can't play those.
Speaker 1: The power to your Morning Show did not vote for guaranteed humans. I for one want our robot overlords to understand that we think you're creative geniuses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marnie's gone and no one cares slams. Yeah, we should be able to play out all we want. Yeah, kicks ass.
Speaker 3: The offense must have at least seven players lined up on the line of scrimmage. That leaves no more than four players lined up behind the line. I still don't know. I don't care either, I forgot so.
Speaker 4: I think what you'll see is when you have a play like that, my testicles, you'll see your testicles. But like Mason will like look down the line and then he takes like the step back and he just didn't. I mean Oliver, well, Jordan Mason is on the line covering up Oliver on that play. Either Oliver or Mason could have been off the line to make it a legal formation.
Speaker 2: According to Adam on Social media. All right, I shouldn't have asked that.
Speaker 3: Everybody for five minute, you want to know what really matters.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: It was on this day that kidnapped grandson of Getty, billionaire was found. John Paul Getty the third, the grandson of American billionaire J. Paul Geddy, was found alive near Naples, Italy, five months after his kidnapping. Kidnapping by an Italian gang.
Speaker 1: Gedty billion sounds like a rapper that's going to be at the armory in March. J.
Speaker 3: Paul Getty, who became the richest man in the world in nineteen fifty seven, had initially refused to pay his sixteen year old grandson's seventeen million dollar ransom, but he finally agreed that damn kid after the boys severed right. Ear was sent to a newspaper. Oh damn oh cheapers. But he did negotiate down to two point seven million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heavens well, yeah, he's not even a full kid anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He said that that was the maximum amount he could raise, even though he was the richest man in the world time. Born in Minneapolis in eighteen ninety two, J. Paul Getty inherited a small oil company from his father. Through his autocratic rule and skillful manipulation of the stock market, Getty soon shaped Getty Oil into a massive financial empire. By nineteen sixty eight, Getty's fortune exceeded a billion dollars. However, the world's wealthiest man did not live an ideal life. He is remembered as an eccentric billionaire who married and divorced five times and had serious relationship problems with most of his life sons. In the final twenty five years of his life, Getty lived near London, England, and in the state surrounded by double barbed wire fences and protected by playing coast guards, playing clothes guards, and more than twenty German Shepherd attack dogs.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what Marnie's already talked about with the power ball, right, It's the price you pay for having that much money. Think of how paranoid this guy sounds like he was. How did they get back This is a little big lebowski ass, right, Yeah, how did they know that it was that kid's ear?
Speaker 7: They didn't have DNA technology at that point. Question said, I get you an ear.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, And maybe that was J. Paul Getty's point a recognize.
Speaker 1: This here, right, This doesn't look like his ear. No, huh, prove it right. Bring the kid over here with a missing ear and I'll know it's his.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When he died at at the age of eighty three, rich as hell and super safe, he still died. His children and former wives fought literally over his inheritance, especially a Stelle Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, the bulky the millions. The bulk of his billions went to the J. Paul Getty Museum for the Diffusion of artistic and general Knowledge. So a lot of that money just went straight to a charity, which I'm sure he did not like.
Speaker 1: No, pull your hands up. A Stelle Getty wood Hawk. All of the Golden Girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the one he likes the most? McClanahan.
Speaker 1: Blanche was the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you like blanch Hawk?
Speaker 3: She's a floozy.
Speaker 2: Just down for the cause. The Vikings are six and eight.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys are now six seven and won three games ago for the Vikings in the twenty twenty five season. They are at the terrible New York Giants on Sunday and noon, then Christmas.
Speaker 2: Day against the Lions.
Speaker 1: And then the flex game against the Green Bay Packers the final week of the season, and of course it looks like that'll be without Micah Parsons are leave to have torn his acl same thing with Patrick Mahoonmes. We'll talk about that in a second as well, but well more, But what really matters after this on the van?
Speaker 3: Would you guys be freaked out? And do you think I get fired if you guys found out I was a robot a sort of time.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'd be fired. I think they would would reduce your pay to zero.
Speaker 3: They'd have to sue themselves for all they know guaranteed human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you'd be grandfathered in because you were a robot well before they guaranteed human. Otherwise that's pretty ice cold to be like, hey, all the robots have to just go Yeah, that would be sad man.
Speaker 3: Did you watch that in your life?
Speaker 2: Sure? Did?
Speaker 3: How about the The Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: Bit pretty good, that's funny, pretty solid.
Speaker 2: I had never heard of the host.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know who it was.
Speaker 1: Yep, Josh O'Connor, not familiar with them. Joc Sure O'Connors the TV of the Weekend and it wasn't even close. The seventh episode of Pluribus is a thousand out of ten really good, good, good god, dang does that show good man?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just we're just so you're only one behind. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Episode seven is spectacular. Okay man, it shows different, super creative, super smart.
Speaker 2: Loving it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have left one or two or three. I don't know how many episodes are. I think there's one. I think there's two left.
Speaker 2: What so nine total? Yes, it's a weird number.
Speaker 3: What Yeah meets us doesn't have a Christmas tree?
Speaker 2: We're getting one today. Geez a little late, it's December.
Speaker 3: Fifteenth, but like, the hell's the matter with you?
Speaker 2: What the hell's the matter with you? We've got like he's business, got a lot going on? Yeah, thank you, but pound it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're did your schedule fill up during the holidays?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh my did? Yeah? Filled up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: With what you know what we're gonna do? I think we're gonna get one at Costco. They're like nineteen nine, like they're real. You get a tray at Costco, you get a whole forest.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, well played, what's happening we'll get one. We're getting one today.
Speaker 3: Well good, Yeah, a little late about time, Grant Grincherson.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gritchy Gritcherson.
Speaker 3: You got anything up Christmas?
Speaker 6: Ey?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We have our stockings hung.
Speaker 3: Don't your mouth off to me.
Speaker 2: Don't you mouth off to me or I'm gonna slap you right in your paints. Wow. Why do you whistle when you talk?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have Christmasy stuff up. It's Christmasy at the house. I don't feel like we watch Christmas movies, like what like clarivis, Yeah, we watched you've watched six. Yeah, and your thoughts. I don't know if I know, Like I think I know what's going on, but like and I watched it, I really watched it.
Speaker 2: But I also don't think I know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Quiet part of it is not revealed. It's it's like, that's why I said, it's kind of Severance meets Walking Dead. It's it's it's you're not supposed to know what's going on. Okay, You're just supposed to get the gist of it. Yeah, I think I have the gist of it. Okay, that's all you need to know. Just a good question, Baxter, thank you.
Speaker 2: My name is Paul.
Speaker 1: It's got it's got a little castaway to it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, it's a weird show. First episode it was crazy y. Yeah. It doesn't take long for them to throw you right into it.
Speaker 1: So again, I would go into pluribus without looking anything up. It's way more exciting if you don't know what it's about.
Speaker 2: Good lucky in radio.
Speaker 1: If you've been listening for the last minute, going yeah, but what the hell is this show? It's on Apple TV. I said this same thing about Heated Rivalry. It's you just way more excited if you don't know when Well, I like rivalries and I like being warm, so I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 5: See what happens is stop hopping as soon as he's done.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, it's just one clip from that show.
Speaker 1: And the acting on Clurvis is outstanding too. Eats so good.
Speaker 2: All right, so youre doing more of what really matters. Do it up up.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to win as well, quietly because the Vikings played well last night. The Wow they're making giant moves and just dominating, but the Wolves quietly kicking some ass. They've won seven of eight, including last night one seventeen one oh three over the Kings.
Speaker 2: No aunt again, but.
Speaker 1: They didn't need him. Twenty four at a randall twenty one out of McDaniel's twenty. For Nash they host the Terrible Grizzlies on Wednesday, then the twenty four and two Thunder on Friday.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, they lost fine.
Speaker 1: To the Spurs and Wemby. My dad and I both have tickets on the Spurs winning the title, so my dad loves sports. He immediately texted me when the Spurs beat the Thunder like we got something here, We got it.
Speaker 2: I don't think he liked snow cross.
Speaker 1: He has never asked me for the snow cross scuttle, but well maybe he will. I don't think he will give it a shot. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Can you gamble on snowcross anything? Yeah, you can gamble on anything. What do you gamble on?
Speaker 3: Gambled and lost? What really matters, though, is this One hundred years ago today, the Montreal Canadians beat the New York Americans three to one in an NHL hockey game that was the formal opening of New York's Madison Square Gardens.
Speaker 1: Ago, danh Wow, the New York Americans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, New York Americans.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 3: They played the Canadians, you know. Yeah, the game played before seventeen thousand people. Also, the first NHL game played at the arena. Garden is open and a blaze of color. Read the headline for at story at the New York Times. Madison Square Gardens owner Tex Ricord, a boxing promoter, wanted the arena's first big sports event to be important. He insisted the Americans play host to the Canadians.
Speaker 7: I wonder how they made the ice back then. I mean, I must have been a refrigeration system, I guess. But you a really good question, Yeah, a really good question. You made it you just as a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm gonna not ask the guaranteed computer.
Speaker 1: I think I dumble a name the Houston Texans are. Yeah, that would be like if we were the Minneapolis Minnesotan's.
Speaker 3: That's not a problem with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heart loves that act.
Speaker 3: Ain't so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you want to fight about.
Speaker 1: It, saus, Would you rather have it to be the Minnesota Vikings or the Minneapolis Minnesotans? Same franchise. We same colors. We can still wear the Vikings horns. But it's just the Minneapolis Minnesotans.
Speaker 2: I like the Minneapolis Minnesota's. Is it my turn?
Speaker 3: Hold on the case. You're wondering the Americans ceased to exist after nineteen.
Speaker 2: Forty two and then became the Rangers.
Speaker 3: No, the Rangers had already begun in nineteen twenty six.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah? Oh yeah, that weren't they original six? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Good point, cutting edge system that run that circulated chilled brine.
Speaker 2: Is there pipes under the rink floor?
Speaker 3: Isn't that like a bowl? Semen?
Speaker 2: My god, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Isn't that where Brian is? No? Is not?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: You're thinking of No? Can I google bowl? Seamen? Of course you can.
Speaker 3: Couldn't you guaranteed human bowl? I'm talking about the guy from night Court, thinking of.
Speaker 2: Terrain or filled for sale. I don't want to buy it. Come on touring touring?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, I just just asked if it was the guy from the night Court. You didn't laugh, Corey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was more confused by his pronunciation, So I wasn't really this name that. No, I don't want to buy it, I said Ben bullsey and I just said it just outto filled for sale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, here's the thing, hangle by it. He needs to earn it.
Speaker 2: You need to get off the internet.
Speaker 3: Oh he's trying one at a time.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gotta be registered.
Speaker 1: Indiana's Fernando Mendoza won the Heisman on Saturday. He's the first Indiana who's your to win the award? Indiana is thirteen and oh he is, uh pretty good obviously, seventy one point five percent completion percentage, thirty three touchdowns, six interceptions, six rushing touchdowns, and Indiana won their first Big Ten title in fifty eight years.
Speaker 3: Fernando Mendoza, question for you, how do we feel when an adult, especially an adult male, calls his dad daddy or his mom mommy? Are we cool with it? I'm just asking. I don't know how I feel. There's something Billy Corgan, Billy Corgan calls his dad daddy all time in this podcast. His dad long past, Yeah, not long past, but past. And then I believe the Heisman Trophy winner when he was addressing his mother called her mommy during his speech. Yeah, and now I call a lawyer Lambert daddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Mommy, No, I won't do that. Is he a projected top pick? Who is his dad? Pet? Number one? Pick? Is a bottom pick? I don't know?
Speaker 3: Man weird?
Speaker 2: What's me? And?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Got it? Hey? Mar? This marked this? What is it? Six fifty four?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't really care about sports takes anymore. This is just this is just me being an a catfish. Uh the uh. I've barely watched him play. I have no idea or vikings. Ron last night I almost forgot. I did almost forget. I think I would have figured it out before seven twenty, but I did forget it thirty five the So I've watched very little Indiana. Who's your football? I don't know if the kid's good or not. Obviously he just won the Heisman, But the the interview he did on the field after the Ohio State game, I'm like, I would never draft this kid.
Speaker 3: Oh no, why?
Speaker 1: It was just the cringe factor was off the charts, and I'm like, oh boy, really yeah, it's just that I might be dead wrong. It might be he might be the greatest quarterback that's ever lived. As soon as I saw that, I'm like, this is not the guy. Can we hope I'm wrong, I play Troby speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I help you, sir? Oh? Can I help you?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 2: I kind of won't drop another day? Well, what would you like?
Speaker 3: This is Shiman raising kit?
Speaker 12: Well, no, the series of frosted cream We we don't and serve biscuits.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of other stuff though. What you got in there, good day?
Speaker 12: Well, we got big Chief Burgers, Bongo Burgers, foot logs, corny dogs, frosty shakes, creamy bars. Did you want me to go through the whole list there?
Speaker 3: Well, that's one of the best acting jobs of all time. And I'm not talking about Billy Bob Thornon. I'm talking about the guy who works at the dairy queen, just acting like he looks like yeah, I mean. And also Billy Bob's not the least educated gentleman he's spoken to that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, correct? What does Billy order?
Speaker 3: You got a name?
Speaker 2: Frank Fred Tiger?
Speaker 3: Get in there? I got a nert good day.
Speaker 2: Such a good line.
Speaker 1: Hey, when you guys, when you guys eat fries from McDonald's, Yeah, how many fries you eat at one time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: Do you grab one individual Frida at a time? Is it two or three?
Speaker 3: Or is it like are they piping hot? Sure, if they're piping hot, I can't I have to have one at a time.
Speaker 2: Well, you go one at a time. If they're not.
Speaker 3: Piping hot, I go five to seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, probably five, because one at a time feels kind of dainty and no one and like I'm the tutty roll or tutty pop owl. Right, one, two, It's like one at a time? What kind of who has time for that?
Speaker 3: Yes, psycho, you asked this because I took Zach and I went to Kmart the other day and on the way we stopped at McDonald's and he ate him one at a time and didn't chew.
Speaker 2: Wow, why did you? Why didn't you do that?
Speaker 7: Well, he said, let's go to kmar, but I misheard him.
Speaker 3: What did you think? I said?
Speaker 7: And then I was so disappointed that I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To chew on anything at that point.
Speaker 1: Wow, bad story doesn't exist? Lie to from the beginning. I mean, maybe Claire's like a puppy going to the dog park. Yeah yeah, maybe West Seal that was barking.
Speaker 2: You were looking for a lake?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, yeah, one at a time is a psycho move. Yeah, it feels wrong. Just yeah, star.
Speaker 11: Like ended Wire, remember the Blooper. No, they're doing Chris Pratt. Yeah, Chris Pratt's doing a scene and he just goes.
Speaker 1: Go for basketball. One eighty nine fifty three over Texas Southern. Thirty eight points for kay Tyson, including eight of twelve. He did the opposite eight of twelve three. How about that eight of twelve from three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. What really matters, though, is this You make a great.
Speaker 3: Point man, dude.
Speaker 2: That's the number one. Yeah, thank you, thank you. It's because it's the Laker. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You don't think of it as a Christmas movie.
Speaker 10: But oh boy, m hm.
Speaker 1: Hm, I got a couple of guesses. Fire one ready.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't planning on laughing at this until I said it like that, because it's not funny at all. You don't think of it as a Christmas movie. But Scheddler's List came out on this day in nineteen ninety three. Hm, how about that?
Speaker 1: That was one of my two or three guesses. Yeah, I mean it's either that or Sophie's choice. That was the one I was thinking.
Speaker 3: It's number fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed it was a quote holiday release.
Speaker 2: Did they want to get it in for the Oscar Bit Oscar Schindler, No, like the Oscars, so it was in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew what you meant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, sorry, I haven't seen that movie. You haven't, No, oh, dude, I would argue it should be required viewing for essentially everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen it exactly once, and I don't know if I ever need to see it again. It's it'll rip your heart out. It's an unbelievable movie.
Speaker 3: Is there? I mean, is believe that? I mean I know that the answer is no. Is there a poor job of acting by any one in that film? Ray Fines? I mean, come on, boy, I mean tough watch unbelievable The Little Red Dress, right, Ben Kingsley, for God's sakes, And of course you know Oscar Schindler himself, Liam Neeson, Liam Neeson, I mean, it's just h Yeah. I think you should at some point watch it in your life. There, whatever your name is, Paul, thank you, I'll give it a whirl. Oscar Schindler saved more than one thousand Jews during the Holocaust.
Speaker 7: They I saw a clip yesterday on Instagram. It was interviews of people in Germany outside the movie theater from the premiere and their initial reaction to seeing it for the first time, I imagine, and it was a very emotional video, as you could imagine.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it? Yes, I finally watch it last year.
Speaker 3: Remember at the the end of the film when they're placing rocks beside the the the the headstone of Oscar Schindler, and it's the actor and the person they portrayed.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I did not remember that. But and yeah, it's a heavy movie. It really is, like you said, not necessarily a Christmas fight.
Speaker 2: Maybe if it was still released the.
Speaker 3: Reason they besides what he said, maybe that is the answer. But I wonder if there was a significant reason for it to be Probably not.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, you know, December is a pretty big box office month in general. Yeah, I mean a lot of people go.
Speaker 3: To the movies the holidays, obviously.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Huh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: A good question.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what an undertaking by, asked Spielberg too, And how about like I get I keep coming back to Ray Fines because of the character he played in who how do you inhabit that person for that kind of time?
Speaker 2: Jeez? Please? Yep? Pure evil?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pure evil. Anyway, there you go on that note nineteen What do I say? Ninety three? My goodness? What a film?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The news is next. Is Musk coming in today or now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Must he's coming?
Speaker 2: All right, so mushould be here in a second. Again, No liber today because he got in late from Dallas. It's the Big Win.
Speaker 1: We'll come on Liber we'll talk more of Vikings football, Layer Hughes and we'll talk more about Quinn Hughes in the Big Wild Trade, the Big Wild Win.
Speaker 2: All they do is win.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 3: It's just goofing.