Speaker 1: One O one w B. Well, let's let you know that the US has reached their first Olympic curling mixed doubles final and they play said they're gonna face them as Swedish siblings for the gold. I'll be honest with you. I respect curling, but it is the one sport in the Olympics that I really don't watch. And I'm not ashamed to say that because it is because I watched ice dancing yesterday. I watched the downhill. There's different downhills. There's like Alpine mixed doubles downhill, the one where you play pickleball back and forth while you're downhill pickleball. There's there's different versions. And then there's the Lindsay Vaughan one where she's going around these flags. Okay, there's a flag with two sticks, yeah yeah, yeah, and there's a there's two sticks with the flag in the middle, and then she caught her arm on one of them and that set her off and it's it's horrible. But then there's one I saw last night and there's blue poles and then there's an orange pole, blue orange, blue orange. There's zip zip, zip, back and forth between them. But it seems kind of random, like they miss some of them, but then they had other ones, and then all of a sudden, there will be three orange poles in a row followed by two blue poles. And I'm like, what's the rules on that? I look at Susan and she had a blank face on like, I have no idea, but I'll watch anything except curling, and it's not I know that we're the curling capital of America. I just I'm sorry, dare you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry Shuster is from that was from like many years ago.
Speaker 1: No, and I think there's a lot of curling people from Minnesota. I respect it. I couldn't do it, just like you don't want to play ukulele. You think that's dumb, Well, well you have more people watch the winter or the summer Olympics. Oh that's good question.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's winter because you're inside, you know, and you have nothing else to watch.
Speaker 4: But I feel like Summer Olympics are more there's more range for people to be like, Okay, this catches my interest, as opposed to fifteen different types of curling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yep, yep. All right, we're gonna do a little game here. Just call that lyrics shuffle. Jenny is going to host, and you get to play along too. Our job versus vant is to come up with a song with this word in it. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's party. It's Dave's turn to party first today.
Speaker 5: He go click.
Speaker 6: I wanna lick click click click you from your head to your toe, and I want to move from the bed down to the dam to the floe, and I wanna make it so good you want to leave, but I wanna no, no know.
Speaker 1: What you say.
Speaker 2: Billy sounded like she was out of breath when she did her.
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like. Yeah there what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna give Dave a point there and keep going. Here we go vaunt to your word.
Speaker 1: Simple? Simple. That wasn't a simple word? O, thank you?
Speaker 2: No nothing, I know Bailly has what I feel like?
Speaker 1: I I mean simple. I don't know. I know the song, but I wouldn't have said. I wouldn't have saying it. No, I do know that song.
Speaker 2: I do not, okay do yeah? Yeah, all right, we'll move on. We've got one point for a day.
Speaker 5: Brown.
Speaker 2: Round two. This is going to be Dave's word.
Speaker 1: Papa, Papa, don't preach. I'm in trouble.
Speaker 2: Deep good job, interesting word, good word. Sorry, All right, von here you go. It's your chance to get on the board.
Speaker 1: Oh girl. Vision. Uh there's a song called vision of Love. I had a vision of love. Yeah, I don't know how, and it was all that I wanted to see. Dave.
Speaker 2: I noticed you didn't hit that part. Okay, Dave didn't get a you there? So we got three points Dave right now, Vontae zero. But that's fine. We still got time. Don't worry about Marie. We've got round three. Dave's word.
Speaker 1: About I'm about to lose my mind up in here, up in here. That's not I'm about to lose my mind. It's gonna make me right, you know. I'm all about that base no ubble.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly, Dave. You almost had me there for a second. I kind of was like, yeah, that's right. Okay, n You've got a point. You're on the board and it's your turn once again. Here you go.
Speaker 1: Rough. That's how rough riders roll. Oh oh yeah, that's all I'll give it. You got it.
Speaker 3: Drop there.
Speaker 1: You got the.
Speaker 2: Most yelling songs heard. Actually, no, it wasn't. Yeah, they said rough right there. At first I thought they said tough. I've heard I've heard this song more in the past three weeks. Yeah, it's a great song, so don't hit on it. Fine around. Dave has three points, Bond has two. This first word is going to be for David.
Speaker 1: Way Way. I wanted that. Way will give me something better than tell me why why you tried?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 1: Helps remove them?
Speaker 2: Good job? All right. Dave has four points, Bond has two. Technically, Bond, I'm sorry you can't win, but you want your words still, fine around?
Speaker 1: All right, let's give it go on a bang. Here you go paid, Just got paid. I don't know how that song goes.
Speaker 4: Just got paid, Johnny Gil.
Speaker 1: You get the point. Mostly I know that song because instinct covered it. That's the only reason.
Speaker 2: Same all right, Dave's the winner today with four. You got three, so it wasn't a blowout. It's congratulation.
Speaker 1: Nice job. We'll be back in a second with that. The chance to win the wedding day diamonds diamond stud ear rings for Valentine's Day. It's the squares game. There are sixteen squares on the board. Yesterday four squares were revealed that don't match. You've got to just pick two random that match. If one has the ear ring and the other has the ear ring, you instantly win from Wedding Day Diamonds yesterday. The losing squares are a heart emoji. Okay, and you don't have to have a board, there's nothing to look at. It's all kind of like virtual. But we'll give you a chance to call in and win. Don't call yet, because we're gonna play and we will be back in a second. Well, we'll tell you when to call in. Coming up in a second to win from Wedding Day Diamonds live on YouTube every morning. The Dave Ryan Show is streaming now. Search Dave Ryan TV and subscribe. It is Valentine's Week, don't forget. Valentine's Day is Saturday. And if you want to win a little gift for your partner or for yourself from Wedding Day Diamonds, I've got one right now. On the matching squares game, Okay, this is very You probably played some sort of game like this when you were a kid, where you have a grid of squares and you have to go, okay, square number six and they turn it over square number nine, and they turn it over if they match. We should played with cards when I was a kid, and if you match the jack of diamonds with another jack of diamonds, you would take those two and then whoever matched the most would win. This time, you ain't gonna win against your sister. You're gonna win. It's basically each ear ring is one carrot diamond from wedding day diamonds, okay, and they're beautiful. They're in a Martini setting, which is like a little Martini glass. They're beautiful, their wedding day quality, and you can see them online Dave Ryanshow dot com or actually Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. So what we need you to do is be just call her number ten right now. And if you played yesterday, great, if you heard yesterday, you probably know some squares that were not winners. So if you turn over this square and that square and they're both a heart emoji, well you don't win, but you got some information for next time. So we know four squares and what's behind them. We're not gonna say because you had to have been listening, right, So if you don't win or you don't get on this time right down the squares well, grab collar number ten right now, it's Denise. Good morning, Denise, Good morning Dave. Happy Valentine's week. Denise. Do you have a Valentine? I do? Okay, good? How's that going so far? Is it going way? Well?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, here, okay, now I get it. I get it. Denise. Did you listen yesterday to try to win these from wedding day diamonds?
Speaker 7: I did try to win yesterday, but I just listened and I've got your numbers.
Speaker 1: Okaya, okay. Bailey's going to turn them over and announce what she's turned over. Heart emoji is not a winner. It's good information, but it's not a winner. Let's get your first number.
Speaker 5: I'll pick number one.
Speaker 1: One, Number one any a heart. It's a heart emoji emoji. So you won't win this time, but you have some information for next time. Denise. Give me your second square.
Speaker 8: I will say number thirteen.
Speaker 1: Bailey, turnover number thirteen. Number thirteen is a heart's another heart emoji. So now we have six squares revealed? That correct? Denise? Are you keeping track of the squares? Did you write those down?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: Thank you? And you bet and remember once you play. You can play again, because you know, just because you played and lost doesn't mean you can't come back in what thirty minutes Jenny, thirty minutes to play again, Denise, good luck, Thanks for listening, Thank you, Dad.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for whoever's gonna win. This is so cool, I know.
Speaker 3: And there the more hard emojis we see, the more chances that you'll get.
Speaker 1: The diamonds here. Well, the only thing is anybody can play. So if somebody plays and they haven't listened at all and they reguess, some of the ones we already know are heart emojis, will be like no, no, that's the way the game works. From Wendy Day Diamonds. You can review these diamond study ear rings on Dave Ryan's show on Instagram. And now Jenny is here. Oh, Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 2: The doctors are chiming in and it's like hello, hi, can you please take care of your body better? And there's these are just like signs of things that they wish people knew ahead of time. Okay, I'm an EMT, they say, I'm only an EMT, But if something hurts, that's your body trying to tell you something is wrong, so pay attention. Okay, David, stop waiting to get that shoulder checked out.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: You have been doing Pete for that.
Speaker 1: I've been doing. God, Pete is so express. I respect physical therapists, but it is the most boring ten minutes of my life twice a day. Okay, put a towel under your arm, make a fist and push it into the wall. Yeah, count to ten, and then do it again ten more times. Then do it on the other bar. But I am Jenny, God, all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, moving on. You don't get sick in the winter from being in the cold. You actually get sick from staying inside breathing the same germ filled air up. Open your windows, even if it's just for five minutes, to circulate the old air out and let in fresh air.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I always feel like I get sick if I I don't typically go on warm vacations in the winter, but if I do switch from like really warm weather to cold. That's why I'm like, it's because I went tropical and now I'm back at.
Speaker 1: The Tonry shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sick, but apparently it's just because of my germ filled there in my house, all right, drinking water. So many problems can be fixed just by being properly hydrated. I think a lot of women out there. I don't know, Dave that you say this to Susan, but when I used to date someone, I'd be like, oh, I don't feel good or I have a headache or whatever, and the first thing they'd always say was, we'll have you drank it enough water today? And I want to punch them every time. They probably were right, yep, I should have drank more water. Another doctor said that if you're having problems with digestion or acid reflux, lie on your left side because it helps with easier digestion due to the curve of your stomach.
Speaker 1: I can't lay on my left shide because my shoulder's bad. All right, then you're.
Speaker 6: Out of lock.
Speaker 2: You're just gonna have a b You're gonna have a blow. Tell me forever. Another one says, please see your PCP for yearly physical. They are actually very important for tracking your health and diagnosing disorders. I do have to say, iHeart here does make us have a yearly physical if it was not required with our health insurance. I don't know that I would do it, but I'm pretty happy that I'm forced to.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: Another person says, I'm an operating room nurse. This is quite simple, But how how do people not know the basics of germ transmission? Hand Washing before eating is very important. Raise your hand. If you wash your hands before you eat, Nobody raised their hands, And depends on.
Speaker 1: What you've been doing. Yeah, yeah, situational. Yeah, if I've been to the airport, like grab it onto the handrail on the escalator, then probably I'm going to wash my hands.
Speaker 2: Well about this disgusting one, because why not? So they say on college nurse pay attention to your poop. A quick glance before you flush can tell you more than you can think. Check out the Bristol stool chart.
Speaker 1: Look up.
Speaker 2: It will help you out in the end.
Speaker 1: The Bristol stool let me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look it up and see where I'm at today.
Speaker 1: I'm going to print one out and hanging across the toilet for Susan's Valentine's Day pressent. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's different types of parents.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Can we move on to describe it? It's just type one type two whatever, and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard I heard somebody say one time it was very funny. Maybe it's a commercial on Katie would be it's like, that's not a number two, that's a number three. And I always it's like, I relate. It's like, that's not a number two. I don't know what that is. That must be a number three.
Speaker 2: That's what Birdie's doing all week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fins on it. It's like trying to paddle to the surface, gulping for air, giving you these really sad eyes.
Speaker 2: The commercial, you know, is it for like some kind of constipation?
Speaker 1: God, I don't know. Somebody might remember. I don't know. I just like the in this stool chart. I don't worry. I won't get too graphic here.
Speaker 3: But some of them are described in a funny way, like soft blobs with clear cut edges. M. Yeah, like a sausage or a snake. Soft. Yeah, exactly, sausage shape but lumpy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I have severe constipation. Oh, because it describes what if you're if you look to see what yours looks like, it will describe what might be wrong or what is actually good about your system. Really yeah, okay, so you gotta go oh, you're looking at a different website. Anyways, we can move on talking about poop samples. We're done with Jenny's went on Reddit, unless you want to keep talking. Dave, do you want to describe what you had this morning? What did yours look like?
Speaker 1: Tell me about it? Well, everybody thinks they're the only one that does that. And then you saw Oprah about fifteen twenty years ago admit that she does it, and you're like, oh, all right, if Oprah does it, then it's okay, Yeah, right, Oprah does. It's got fins on it. It's gasping for air with sad, sad brown eyes. You need to drink water, yeah, probably, so help me. You know, it swirls around in the toilet when you plush it, struggling, struggling, It doesn't go all the way down, so you gotta let you getta book it with a four. Let's do Dave's dittop it one on one pre kd WB. Kind of an interesting little story here. So two of the stars and mean girls are in eerily similar movies right now. Rachel McAdams and Lacy Chabbert is that how his hair name? Both have movies that have Eerily Eerily have a lot of similarities. So one is Send Help with Rachel McAdams, which I saw a couple of weeks ago, and then the Hallmark Channels Lost in Paradise. Both movies is where a guy and a woman end up on a deserted island, and here's a clip from both. As an executive, I see no value in you. I'm sorry what and I've.
Speaker 4: Received a few complaints about you, complaints axious.
Speaker 9: Odors even out day and a half if you tried making a distress or a bigger fire.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget. I'm your boss. You work for me, not in the office anymore, Bradley.
Speaker 2: I don't think we should ever leave.
Speaker 1: An emergency landing. That is the million dollar questions. We do have coconuts, leaves to a crash.
Speaker 4: Course in cuisine, amazing, no notes, romance, and one unforgettable adventure.
Speaker 2: Of all the people I could have been marooned with, I'm very lucky it was with the Barmy ships.
Speaker 1: Shipbuilder would have been a better option. The funny thing is in Send Help, it is a dog movie. The second one is a Hallmark movie. Yeah, and it sounds delightful like they find love on a deserted island like that second one doesn't sound like there's any kind of blood guts at all, not at all. It's funny because in the movie Send Help, the character Rachel mccannam, she's so sympathetic or is.
Speaker 3: She's so good like I've not I didn't see it. I'm going to see it too scared. But just in the trailer, she's like so good at the characterization of this like kind of mousey, sort of bumbly like woman, and everyone knows someone just like that, which I think is really good acting from her.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody who smells like that. They complain about her odor, I don't think. Yeah, they complain that she stanks at work. Oh and she's so just so over the top, stupid mousey. Other things to go on.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've all heard a fantasy football right, and we all hear about stupid punishments people have to do if they lose their league. While an Olympic speed skater named Casey finished last in his fantasy football league and as his punishment, he must carry at the Olympics a child's pink backpack decorated with hearts. His phone case is a huge foam phone photo, and Dawson told NBC it keeps me humble, It puts a smile on my face every time. It's kind of ridiculous. Unfortunately I have to carry it around for the biggest stage in the world.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good bit. At least he's like, oh, he looks like a good sport.
Speaker 3: Two months after winning Dancing with the Stars, Robert Irwin has revealed that he's interested in more reality TV gigs. So he is twenty two. We know him as you know, the zoo keeper guy in Australia. But people are making your passing around rumors that he might be the next Bachelor. Oh yes, he says. His life is a lot more boring than you might think. But never say never. I'm in this realm right now where I'm like, eh, it's a strange world.
Speaker 1: Anything could happen. So maybe, uh.
Speaker 3: Rock twenty two, Maybe he would be the next Bachelor, I know, but like.
Speaker 2: Gosh, would be the most immature season you've ever watched.
Speaker 1: Twenty two year old, like.
Speaker 2: The oldest they'd probably let any of the women be is like twenty nine.
Speaker 3: If that, yeah, like twenty five maybe, yeah, it would be rough, but he is weirdly like America's sweetheart, even though he is Australian.
Speaker 4: They're saying that about one one hundred and thirty a million people watch a Bad Bunnies halftime show and it's the most viewed ever. They say that every single year. They say that about Rihanna's halftime show. They said it about who did last year and Kendrick they I mean, and it's good. I guess they're breaking records, but I don't know. It just seems too much like I really.
Speaker 1: There you go. That was why person that didn't watch it before. What a great story, Bailey. There there's a new sport. Because you think about every sport that could be invented has already been invented. I mean, think about baseball. Okay, well, how do you Cricket is similar, Football is similar to rugby. Every sport has already been invented. Wait no, wait, there's a new sport. It is called, apparently the Run National Championship. Basically, two competitors stand at opposite ends of a mat and run toward each other to collide head on with the purpose of knocking each other down. The class usually ends with the winners still standing and shouting and the loser is on the ground reeling. They say reeling where you're like, oh, I'm reeling over here and they're disoriented. I got a clip that is textpool, who do you want to do?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Just like Red Rover, isn't it essentially.
Speaker 3: It's like racing though Red Rover? Well, the one that I know is that you like have a line of kids and they're all hold.
Speaker 1: Old hands and you say red Red Rovers.
Speaker 3: Bailey, right, and then Bailey has to run at this line of kids and try and break through the line. So you try and like break off like their hands so they're not holding hands so you can break through the line.
Speaker 1: And then linked arms yeah, link arms, Oh, linked arms is harder, exactly like Red Rover. Yeah. I remember we got We're playing that in second grade and I got beat up by a girl named Debbie Cutcam. Yeah, because I pissed her off somehow. I don't remember how, but I was good at pissing people off in second grade, and so Debbie Cutcam she got mad at me, and I remember being the ground and she was punching.
Speaker 6: Me and I was like step it, stop it.
Speaker 1: And we're friends on Facebook now, Oh, so it was her birthday yesterday and I was sure, Happy birthday, Debbie cut thanks for booking me all those years ago, Buddy in the face. Yeah, she probably doesn't remember it.
Speaker 2: Probably not. Megan a Stallion Well guest star on NBC's new comedy I saw a preview for this during the Super Bowl. It's called The Fall and Rise of Reggie Dinkin I saw, and it stars Tracy Morgan and Daniel Radcliffe, which is always weird seeing him in anything that's not Harry Potter. But yeah, the Houston hoty is going to be making a cameo in it, and a newly released trailer teases Meghan's appearance alongside a cast that also includes Erica Alexander and Bobby Monahan. And the series premiere is on Friday, February twenty third.
Speaker 1: Oh Bobby Mortenhan's funny he used to be on SNLF. Oh okay, yeah uh.
Speaker 3: Sesame Street is returning next month on Netflix for its fifty seventh season. Y sorry, Miley cyrus in the first episode, So she'll be guesting on Sesame Street, surrounded by Elmo, Cookie Monster, and and wearing a lot of sparkly things. Let's imagine what we could do with this, She'll say, very exciting.
Speaker 1: It's on March night. Please watch Sesame Street. Jerry Shepherd's show got canceled.
Speaker 4: The same day Kelly Clarkson said she's leaving her show, but here she is expressing gratitude and talking about what she's going to do to keep the show alive.
Speaker 10: I want to say, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you. I want to thank you for welcoming me into your homes every single day. I want to thank you for laughing and crying with us. Thank you for supporting my unhealthy obsession with Lenny Kravitz. I want to be clear, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on.
Speaker 1: This show just yet.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 11: I'm not.
Speaker 10: We're going to be airing episodes all through the fall, and we're going to continue to fight to keep the show alive in some way.
Speaker 1: Shape or fold. And that's the dirt on kd WV. Let's move on the day Ryan Show Tuesday around this time, will you find somebody who's got something going on? We're like, hey, do you want to be on the radio to talk about this? They're like, yeah, so let's talk about this. Paul has got something going on that is kind of a good news kind of a bad news thing. The good news is Paul has found the love of his life and Paul is ready to pop the question. The bad news is there's some bad news. Okay, Hi Paul, Hey, how you doing. Guys, good run the radio live right now. Talk to me. What's going on? Okay?
Speaker 5: So I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend, congrats. And I called up for dad to ask his permission to propose, you know, And and her dad was cool, and he was like, yeah, absolutely, if you did.
Speaker 1: It on the phone, Okay, you and I. Okay, if you did it on the phone, you and I are going to have a talk. That'll be a sidebar. Okay, let's move past that. So you called dad, you asked.
Speaker 5: For the live close by. They're not, they're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, gotcha, Okay, okay, he was Let me get that out of the way.
Speaker 5: So her dad was great me. And but the problem is her dad got you know, he got excited.
Speaker 1: So he told her.
Speaker 5: Mom right normal, right, you would think that's that's not a problem. Her mom got way over the top though. She called me right away and she's like super excited and she wants to help. Okay, he wants to know when it's happening, what time she wants.
Speaker 3: To be there.
Speaker 5: She wants to get all these other people involved. And I know, I mean, I wouldn't care one way or the other if it's what my girlfriend wanted, but I know it's not what she wants. You've kind of discussed, like, you know, like hypothetically if you know, you got proposed to that kind of stuff. She's she's had those conversations with me, and I know she wants it to be like a private moment, you know, something where it's just the two of us and maybe, you know, maybe I'll find somebody to take a picture who's hiding or whatever. But like she doesn't want this, and her mom is pushing really hard that she wants to be like super involved and make it this whole.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is a tough one because you can't you can't tell mom to back out or to back off, because that is how that's not how you want to kick off this relationship, because mom is going to hold that against you. I'm going to tell you right now, just reading between the lines, this mom is somebody who is going to be putting herself in the middle of your relationship for a long time, so are right to the wedding. Do you think it's that extreme.
Speaker 4: I just feel like she's excited, like an excited mom and I understand. Trust me, My mom is also very overbearing in every life decision. But it's because she's a mom. She loves her son in this case, her daughter, and she just wants to you know, this is an exciting moment to.
Speaker 1: Say if you love your daughter enough, you love your daughter enough to give her the independence. It's like you push him out of the nest. You don't be holding on by the caller and going, well, let me control a little bits of your life, right. I mean, she's an adult woman. She doesn't need What does she want to help with? Does she want to show up? Is she going to fly into town and go with you to the stone Arch Bridge or wherever it is and be standing there or does she want to help does she want to hold the what does she what? What does she want to do?
Speaker 5: I mean she wants to bring other people, other family members. She wants to have, you know, have food, and like she wants to order a cake and it's It's almost like she's planning the wedding. She thinks the proposal is going to be the wedding. Oh man, she wants to Yeah, she definitely wants to be there. And how she's you know, have like other family, like her cousins and her aunts.
Speaker 11: She's like, oh, we should everyone should be there to see.
Speaker 5: This, and you know, when are we going to do it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What are we going to do it?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, we got some advice for you. So basically Paul is saying, Hey, I want to propose to my girlfriend. I called her dad and I said, hey, can I get the blessing to ask your daughter and marry me? Sure? Dad hangs up the phone, tells Mom, guess what Paul wants to marry our daughter. Mom's all excited, immediately calls Paul and says, what can I do? I want to be there. I want to be there every inch of the way. What can I do to help? Is anybody on Mom's side?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Really? In texting, I said, it's not really all right listening. We got on the phone here at six five, one, nine, eight nine, katiewb Susanne, what do you want to say to Paul everybody.
Speaker 8: So I am very aware that I am the potential of always being that mom, so I have to regulate myself. And so the way he can counteract this is let her know that they've had the discussions and that what his girlfriend, her daughter really really wants is something private and and she can help him maybe plan that. So she feels let in on the secret. She feels let in on the planning. But if he tries to send that boundary right away of this is what your daughter has said that she wants, and really stress that that may help.
Speaker 11: Okay, it will, but it may help, so.
Speaker 1: You know, appease her a little bit by giving her a little bit of a role in the thing. But she's definitely not going to be there holding the ring box while you're proposing.
Speaker 8: Maybe she can be there with a camera and videotape it for them quietly in the corner.
Speaker 1: I think that's smart. I think that it's interesting that, Susanne, that you admit that you are that person. It's kind of like admitting that you have a gambling problem, and you kind of like, you know, I can't really go near the casino because I got a gambling problem.
Speaker 8: I openly admit that if there's the opportunity for me to go overboard, I absolutely will step through that door, lose and.
Speaker 1: Begas. Suzanne. Let's talk to June with an idea for Paul. What could he do to appease other in law so she doesn't get mad that he won't include her in the proposal. Well, I was suggesting the favorite date party because it sounds like mom wants a party.
Speaker 7: Mom planned a favor date party instead of just being there for the engagement.
Speaker 1: So give mom a role. Yeah, give mom a.
Speaker 8: Dude, I'm a job job.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of texts are saying like he should redirect her somehow into planning an engagement party right afterwards. Then she can put all of her energy into that party. And that's a lot of people are agreeing with her, saying some kind of party or yeah, proposal party, engagement party, some kind of family get together after the proposal happens, so that the proposal can happen, and then you know, you walk your girlfriend to another room and like.
Speaker 9: Oh, your entire family, oh yeah, and then have the mom planned that. I think so much of it depends on do you want that right? I mean, I think sometimes when you propose you want to go to quiet, beautiful, romantic dinner by yourself, yeah, or you know, I mean asking for sure, Jamie. Advice for Paul Paul is listening. Paul, you're still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm here, he's listening. What do you got for him, Jamie?
Speaker 7: Hi, Well, I would just say I think you should set the boundary now, just because if you don't, if.
Speaker 11: You don't set that boundary and just say like, hey, I appreciate that you want to be a.
Speaker 7: Part of this. I am thrilled that you're thrilled for the next chapter of our lives. But that's just this, Like, this is our lives, this is what she wants. I want to make this magical for her. And I'm not trying to sound rude and I'm not trying to sound any type of other way, but like you had your day, you had your time, let this be her. I appreciate that you want to be there, and just know that you'll be there in spirit and everything.
Speaker 11: But I feel like if she's that enthusiastic already and she can't keep the cap on, what happens if she's a part of it and you go and you do this and she's.
Speaker 7: That secret person taking a picture and she flies off the handle and not it doesn't go the way you want it to go. Like I think you just have to be respectful about it and just say like, look, I'm thrilled you or thrilled for us.
Speaker 11: But like this, this is something that I want.
Speaker 1: To do for her. I worry that this mother is going to be there, like through every step, she'll be there in the delivery room, She'll be there planning the wedding. She'll be insisting that she gets to plan.
Speaker 11: I worry for you, Paul, but you gotta set that boundary.
Speaker 7: And like I, I mean, this is.
Speaker 11: Just my experience. I didn't set a boundary with my mother in law very well.
Speaker 7: And like when it came time for me to have my child, my mother in law was more upset that she was not in the room over my like she felt she had more of a right to be in the room than my own mother.
Speaker 1: Well, that's her son's baby, you know. Good advice, Thank you, guys, Paul. Good luck. I think the thing is you got to talk to mother in law and just say, hey, didn't we decide this is what your daughter wants? But you can plan the posting case party or the what.
Speaker 3: Appen and if it's the next day or the next week or whatever, just here this.
Speaker 1: In another state. Yeah, on themselves. Good thanks for being on man. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Good luck, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, if you have a group therapy, it's something you're wrestling with and you want to talk to us about it, then send an email into Ryan's show at katieb dot com five minutes away. Five minutes away from your next chance to win those wedding day diamonds one carrot stud ear rings. We had of somebody on a little while ago. Denise was on. She gets two wrong squares. So if you've kept track, if you've listened to the whole thing, you've got at least two squares not to guess. That means there are ten more. Two of them contain the diamond stud ear ring from Wedding Day diamonds. If you can guess those two, you win them. This is the last chance to play today. If you miss it today, we'll do it again tomorrow at seven twenty and eight twenty. See those ear rings online on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. Right now, mister stir the pot. Here's Vaughan.
Speaker 4: You know a song, I'd be totally fine never hearing again in my life.
Speaker 1: Get out. I know Bailey's gonna come at me.
Speaker 4: Chapel roone and just almost everything she does, I'm just good off of it.
Speaker 1: And I know this is Bailey bad film.
Speaker 3: No, how can you say everything she does when this is the one song you know other than like good luck?
Speaker 1: No, I know a couple of Chapel. I mean she only has one album out first of all.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but still you can't say everything she does when you know three songs.
Speaker 1: No, Well, it's not just about her music.
Speaker 4: Whenever she was on the red carpet for I don't know what event a couple of years ago, and she uh jumped in front of baby Face, I was like, this is a little disrespectful, you jumping in front.
Speaker 1: Of baby Face, A legend. Who's Babyface?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow? Old school wow, very old school artist.
Speaker 8: Chapone.
Speaker 1: She just seems a little entitled.
Speaker 4: I understand that she's probably excited that her career is taken off because she did kind of pop up out of nowhere, but she just seems like she's got a she's very very entitled.
Speaker 1: I just agree this one Tim bur.
Speaker 2: Okay this one obviously, because I do like Chapel roone, and I also think that you like saying that she's entitled is very different than saying that she might set boundaries that other people look at as entitledment like her yelling at paparazzi who are being rude to her. I think that any one of us, well, not Bailey, she's too nice, but maybe me, Dave and Vaughn, we'd probably yell at paparazzi that were being rude to us too if we were on that stage.
Speaker 1: Besides too, because she did that.
Speaker 3: Then this year at the Grammys, literally there's like footage of Sabrina Carpenter like getting her picture taken and she was like, Wow, you guys are so quiet this year. Wow, Chapel really did it for us, Like, oh, she set a standard so that these guys aren't yelling at us anymore.
Speaker 1: So this was lovely.
Speaker 3: And I don't think she's entitled because when you say like, oh, she popped up out of nowhere, and she's probably like thrilled about it. Girl's been working on music for forever, and I feel like most people are like working on music for a long time.
Speaker 1: And then they strike gold.
Speaker 3: So I don't think she's entitled because it came out of nowhere. She's been a working musician for years.
Speaker 4: I've got so many people mad at me. In text right now, Vont said, well, somebody said I'm with you.
Speaker 1: She seems rude.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was agrees, Yes, somebody finally said it. Vont is right on this one. She asks like she's forced to be famous. Here's another text five three nine two one disagree. She's a great artist. I'm not saying she's not a bad artist. I'm not saying she's not a good artist. What's the one hottog o? What does it hot to go? Yeah, that's a decent song. It's catchy, but Pink Pony Club throw it in the garbage.
Speaker 1: It's just some of the.
Speaker 4: Things that Chapel Roone does. I'm just like, oh, this turns me off even more. I think if you can be entitled but your music is one undeniable, that's good.
Speaker 1: But it's like her music is I love her music.
Speaker 2: I like her music too. I think it's very poppy, fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fun.
Speaker 3: So to me, I'm like, okay, well she might be she might rub people the wrong way, but like, hey, Stan like ten toes down stand how the way you want to do it? Girl?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm here for it. I like her. A text message says it is her name is Kate, her real name is Kaylie Rose, and she is from a very rich family in the Midwest.
Speaker 3: So okay, so many other pop artists like, isn't Taylor Swift pretty affluent?
Speaker 4: But Taylor Swift has earned I'm not saying Taylor Swift is a jerk, but Taylor Swift has earned her right to be, you know, to act the way.
Speaker 1: That she wants. We say the same thing about like doesn't though. That's the interesting thing is Taylor Swift doesn't act like an entitled She acts like, you know, I mean, as nice and kind as you would expect or hope that she would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if she did, I'd be like, well, you know what, Taylor Swift has got x y Z going on. She's got you know, she's the biggest pop star on the planet transparently, so I think it's a little more acceptable.
Speaker 1: I will say, there's something about celebrities that become famous and then act like they're annoyed that they're famous. So there is something to that. Yeah, well you could have become a an architect or an attorney. Instead, you have a talent day. I'm staying out of this one.
Speaker 3: What if what if somebody said, like, Dave, you could just be an architect, but you're like with this voice, huh, it's not my voice.
Speaker 1: I am extremely charming and charismatic, but it's not your voice. It's not because of my voice, it's because I'm extremely charming and charismatic. Joe, who's Joe? Joe? Mama, Joe mama. Wow, you gotta move on. Thank you. Vant All right, we are gonna grab caller number ten right now because we got some stuff giveaway. It's jewelry from wedding Day diamonds. I'm so excited about this one. It is a pair of diamond study it rings from wedding Day diamonds. You can see these. They're beautiful there. I think one carrot each. It's either one carrot each or one carrot total weight. Either way, they're a substantial hunk of ice. They're going to go in your ear or in your partner's ear for Valentine's Day. You get a partner, win them for your partner. You got a partner that doesn't wear ear rings. You keep them for yourself. You don't have a partner, you keep them for whatever you want to do. They're yours. You're gonna guess two squares on our grid of sixteen. Now, if you've been listening, you know which squares have been guessed, and you know what squares not to guess. If you haven't been listening, it's a wild card. Guess. It's a wild card, all of them written down. Okay, But you can still win even if you've not been listening. It's just gonna take a little bit more luck than usual. If we don't get a winner right now, we'll play it again tomorrow morning. It's seven twenty and it's seven fifty, and we'll do that all week. If we don't have a winner by Friday at seven fifty, I'm gonna keep them myself. No, I don't think that's how One in my nose and one in my ear. You have a nose department. I'm gonna get one.
Speaker 2: What I said, The legal department's calling.
Speaker 1: Yea legals for other people. All right, we get somebody in the phone to play already. It's Colin. Good morning, Colin, Colin Colin, Colin, I always screw that up, Colin, Dave. I'm not a single one, but I always screw that up.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it's spelled, but I'm gonna call him c O L I N or l L I M right. But Dave just sees that name.
Speaker 1: And Colin, you have a Valentine? I do? Okay? Do you want to tell me about your Valentine? Well? Been with her?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 1: I don't know you're an a? So is she the one? I think?
Speaker 7: I think? So?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, Colin, good luck. I'm gonna have you picked two squares. Have you been following along with the Pick the Squares game?
Speaker 7: I've been trying the best I can.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, good luck. Here there are sixteen squares. Give me your first square.
Speaker 11: I thinking maybe three?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey, turnover square number three and show it to the camera on YouTube. D is a heart emoji? It is a heart emoji? Okay, okay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And now give me square near next square.
Speaker 11: Oh, let's try eight and eight.
Speaker 1: Bailey, turnover square number eight is a is a heart heart oji? Okay? Colin. The good news is nobody's landed on a diamond yet. Nobody's done it yet. The better news is we're narrowing it down. We've got seven squares revealed, now, Bailey, is that right? That is correct? Seven squares revealed, so we're getting down to half the squares being left. Play again tomorrow, Colin, good luck, Happy Valentine's Day. Hey, thank you, my friend. All right, we'll do it again tomorrow morning. It's seven twenty. Write these down somewhere so you don't guess the same ones again. I will tell you this one. Colin did guess a square, and I'm not going to tell you which one that had already been gets she had, indeed, but a new one that hadn't been So there you go. All right, we are. I want to play this song because I just watched the video a little while ago, and it's for Opah Light, which came out directed by Taylor, written by Taylor, conceived by Taylor, cast by Taylor, litting Gaffer, Best Boy, and key Grip, all done by Taylor Swift. This is Opah Light. Go watch the video. It's six minutes of joy. Don't watch it now, not now, because you're listening to the radio.