Speaker 1: Cheat and you'll get caught. Is the War of the Roses. In minutes of Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: All right, we're giving you a chance to win a brand new car. It's coming very soon. I want to say hello to Mona over at Gordon. Mona's a great friend. Mona Side is one of the best, actually voted best sales person car salesperson in Detroit by the Detroit Free Press and by me, which is Mormon and Joe and Chelsea and Luke and Jacob and all of us, because she's been our car salesperson. Gordon Chevrolet Ford Road, just West Amerman and Garden City. You can shop online at Gordonchevrolet dot com. Win a brand new car or twenty thousand dollars eight four to four.
Speaker 1: Mojo Live, Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the thirty. All right, what is going on Shannon today?
Speaker 3: Well, let's start off by talking about diarrhea lets. This cyclospora parasite has now affected more than eleven thousand in Michiganders, not to mention countless of our Ohio listeners, but caused two deaths here in Michigan this morning.
Speaker 4: The powersite outbreak linked to lettuce turning deadly with two deaths now reported in Michigan, where we've seen the most cases.
Speaker 5: There have been over eleven thousand cases in this outbreak, and we have only had two deaths and patients that are clearly medically fragile. So it still remains an illness that for most patients we are able to treat successfully.
Speaker 4: As outpatients officials, they both had significant underlying health conditions.
Speaker 5: There are some patients that might not be able to withstand the dehydration that can come with severe cyclist bariasis.
Speaker 4: Nationwide, more than eighteen thousand people have gotten sick in forty five states. The FDA has linked the outbreak in Michigan in eight other states to Iceberg lettuce, sourced by tailor farms in Central Mexico and served at some Taco Bell restaurants, but now new questions about whether customers could have been informed sooner. Bloomberg reports Michigan health officials were in touch with Taco Bell's parent company, Young Brands weeks before customers found out. Officials reportedly reached out July second to discuss intervention or notification to reduce future cases. It wasn't until July seventeenth when Taco Bell issued a public statement saying it worked swiftly to remove the lettuce based on ongoing conversations with public health officials, as many families changed their eating habits, some avoiding lettuce altogether. Concern in North Carolina about other fresh produce. Officials have not identified the source for the more than seven hundred cases there, but say many of those sickened reported eating parsley and cilantro. As for the Michigan outbreak, officials say the number of new cases being reported is slowing, assign the contaminated products may no longer be on the market.
Speaker 2: It's very sad to see that people die of that. Ye, yes, but yes, I will tell you this. With this cyclist, blolurisis thing. I've got some friends to say it's an awful thing to have, but they have lost weight. And I'm not joking when I say this. I have two friends of mine that got it. They said they had it for about a month and they actually said it spurred them on to take a lot of weight. One guy lost twenty pounds or something like that. I mean, that's a lot of you.
Speaker 1: Just as soon as you drink water.
Speaker 2: Well, he's looking at it as an opportunity for him to, you know, try to get himself, Yeah, and reseat himself a little bit, because honestly, I hate to say this, but you know what it did, It like detoxed them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder the people who passed away, Like, I need a little bit more information on They said they had pre existing condition that was and I think they were old, so they said that report.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bradley Cooper and Gigi had either married at least it looks like they're married. That both are wearing very simple wedding rings on their left ring finger. Yesterday they were spotted with Paris and they both had these itty bitty like gold bands that matched. So I mean that signifies they got hit to me, but they have been dating since twenty twenty three. Actress Christina Applegate is back home after a nearly four month hospital stay. She has been battling MS since twenty twenty one. I know, I love her too. She'd been at this at the hospital in LA since the end of March. She's currently at home. She's doing well from what I understand, still unclear specifically why she was admitted in the first place, and University of Michigan quarterback Brice Underwood ranking his favorite local rappers.
Speaker 6: Te Grizzly or eminem Te Grizzy te Grizzly or Peasy tea Grizzy te.
Speaker 4: Grizzly or baby.
Speaker 6: Baby baby skill, baby skiller skill a baby a doboy catch out skiller skill a baby or forty two does skiller skill by skiller skill.
Speaker 1: Of my cousin skiller inside of my cousin?
Speaker 4: Well we just did.
Speaker 1: I'm like fun, he laughed. I don't know that both of them are his cousins. Skill is about to drop him out?
Speaker 2: Who did we see at the Michigan State game that we went to tell you? Okay, because I was gonna say, wouldn't it be an interesting I will?
Speaker 1: I will tell you when uh.
Speaker 2: When you hear that about how certain people are related, it always makes me go, oh, it's kind of cool. Thanksgiving is like, b I met Bryce Underwood recently, uh, and I have to be honest with you. Very nice, charming, handsome guy, you know what I mean. And now I'm hoping that this coach is a better coach for him than Jeron was because I feel like last season, honestly, I was, I was afraid he needed to go like l s U or something and do a transfer.
Speaker 1: He seems locked in. He's seen folks ready to go. Let him run for God's sake. Miss anything from today.
Speaker 3: Catch up on the podcast on the iHeart at.
Speaker 2: Bom Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Miss is.
Speaker 4: Something of the Journey on the thirty podcast now at Mojo in the Morning dot com Bum.
Speaker 1: Bum bum Bum care bar Wait wait, what is your name?
Speaker 7: Carrarara Carr from Dearborn.
Speaker 1: Are you hey, Carr? Are you Michigan or Michigan State?
Speaker 7: Carr A, all right, well, that's all right, that's all right. We're getting excited for football season coming up here.
Speaker 1: I like the coach at Michigan State too.
Speaker 2: I you know, I grew up with him on the South side of Chicago. Yeah, Patrickgerald, really good guy, loved him, went to Carl Sandberg High School and then Northwestern. But hey, you hang on the phone for a second, Karar We're going to set you up with a fifty dollars gas card. Congrats, thank you, and you're now qualified on the phone.
Speaker 1: You're now qualified for a brand new car.
Speaker 8: Right new Karr, done, done, Don Don Don, congratulations to you, Thank you, have a fantastic day.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you for listening. You're you're ready for war. We love you too, love you to you ready for war the roses. That's all I got to ask. It's coming up. I'm almost to words. I don't know if I'll be No, no, say no no. You got to stay in your car. We got fifteen minutes before you got to get to work, right.
Speaker 6: No no, no, I'll be late.
Speaker 1: I'll be no no no no, no, no no, please stay in that car.
Speaker 2: And no no, no