Speaker 1: Yeah, super duper. That's nice fight a gond Okay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the third day of August twenty twenty six. Welcome to football season, everybody. Welcome to Monday, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey. What a big show we got today. You know, I was just thinking, I'm not sure who is in today because we have another edition of the Initials Tournament. But we also have the entire Broken Lizard Comedy Troop coming in today. They've got a third edition of their movies. Their movie A Supertrooper's coming out, so everybody's in studio.
Speaker 3: Is Ben coming? I think I'm not sure. We'll find out. Let's find out together. It's gonna be a big show. I know that it is the third day of August.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: In football season? Lots to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Here's some comedy from Mary Beth Brown Power Trip, Morny Show of Money.
Speaker 3: Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: Toronto's cute.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like if they built New York City at Epcot. From far away, it looks like a real city, but if you knock on any of the building facades. It's hollow. So there's an airport in Toronto called Billy Bishop, which that's not the name of an airport, Okay. I was thinking about wordplay and how we need to ban it. I think it's gone too far. And I was trying to remember when I first had that thought. It was when I was in London. I was in a cab and we drove past a bar that was called Jack the Chipper, which is a play on the name of serial killer slash rapist Jack the Ripper.
Speaker 4: So that would be like if.
Speaker 5: In twenty years I opened a bar called Jeffrey Pepstein's with an adjoining bowling alley called g Lanes. See how quickly I can go from wordplay to sex trafficking.
Speaker 4: Side you had the distance under the scribe Monday, August third, twenty twenty six, Power Trip Morning Show. I'm Corey Cove. That's Chris Hockey. There's meat Sauce, Paul Lambert, Jack Alverson, Max Fuller and yeah, Chris Big Day. And I think the answer to the question is no libra today and no Libra on Thursday. By the way, Oh, this is the trip to Auburn, right, But I know our guy Parish that he was coming in. I just don't know when. I know he wants to see his buddy Eric Stolhanski.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, they're only on the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: I think, so, yeah, I never know what Mark knows, so you never know. So we'll see Parish at some point. But yeah, the three out of the five guys from the Super Troopers the main cast from seventy eight seven to eight and then the Initials Invitational late A fifteen with A. J. Mon Sewer, Glenn the Rue, Glenn, Adam Weber, Ron Johnson, and Brett blakemore Age pay Week.
Speaker 2: I'm s I we're not gonna get bitty today because I'm I'd love to talk to you about everything going on down to Vikings Camp.
Speaker 3: Man, you were there on Saturday, were you nine?
Speaker 1: I was, Yeah. It was outstanding. Yeah, in what way? It was just it was a beautiful day.
Speaker 6: I mean we were uh, we were there during the walkthrough, but uh, the fans started showing up about one thirty. It was just a lovely day. To remind us that football is right around the corner. Deal analogies. Oh yeah, man, it's always this time of month to month. Sorry, this week of the month. First week, well, yeah, it's always uh, the beginning of August.
Speaker 1: I know, Hoggs don't really get really bad, but Bone.
Speaker 3: Thugs, Yeah, I think it was yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, wrong, wrong group?
Speaker 4: God, which which member of Bone was your favorite?
Speaker 1: Busy?
Speaker 3: I liked Lizzie.
Speaker 4: I don't remember Lizzie Bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't go to high school with me.
Speaker 4: No, I thought you were going to say tea te t Bone.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, no, that's somebody anyway.
Speaker 4: So, uh, training camp or whatever it was called. It was fun because it a radio show Saturdays with sauces back.
Speaker 1: Yep, No, just one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going down today. Oh yeah, they're gonna be wearing pads. Today's the day, baby, Hell yeah, man, today's the day. You want to see people knocking skulls, knocking boots, that too.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little a little that later, you know, No, right, it's on. Who's down there? I see stead he's getting.
Speaker 1: Some Oh well, good for him. That's sexy little bucket Hattie wears or.
Speaker 4: Whatever like it.
Speaker 3: Do you like it? Yeah? That didn't know.
Speaker 2: I liked it and I saw him, right, I guess that doesn't for me. Going It's never too late to learn, That's what I'm saying. And something you know, something's change, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Some things stay the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like this time of month, good allergies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this time of the bud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn, it sounds like Pat O'Brien. Now you'll never believe what I saw trading gap and take a dramatic accept that might own weird.
Speaker 3: It must be January third or whatever the month is.
Speaker 4: The third day, man, it must be a total buzzkill right around the fourth of July.
Speaker 6: No, the fourth is always great outside of your allergies. Yeah, outside of my horrific allergies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like scene ye man, yeah, what a weekend?
Speaker 3: Huh? What you do? What I do? I played a lot of gigs bottom Mustang drove it.
Speaker 2: I found a new city that just is beautiful on my way down to La Sewer on Saturday. The town by the name of Henderson, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: It's just darling.
Speaker 4: It's like Henderson, Las Vegas is fantastic. Sure, Henderson devad I guess I think right outside of Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is a town called Henderson, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: As lovely as Las Vegas or not.
Speaker 2: In different ways, more lovely that, Uh, it's just an old city. Like out of nowhere. You're driving along, driving a line, driving along on something called the Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway, the Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway, and out of nowhere, this ghost town pops up.
Speaker 3: But it's not a ghost town. It's a living town.
Speaker 2: And every every you know, like old towns, is like like three or four old buildings downtown. You're like, oh cool, they kept those four buildings, every single damn one of them. It's still there and they're all brick, and they all look like it looks like you know, Valentine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, Yeah, I don't mean this in any way offensive.
Speaker 3: I mean it sounds like it's.
Speaker 4: Going to be exactly when start like that, it's never good when you google.
Speaker 1: Just Henderson, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first image that pops up, that's how I picture you describing Union City, Indiana exactly right, Like, it just looks like that's it just first of all, looks like it's stuck in the past. And I don't mean that in a bad way either, because people like that kind of vibe. Right.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, slow, it's small town.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows everybody. Yeah, no, hustle and bustle. But then even if you just click on Google images and say, hey, show me a whole bunch of pictures at Henderson, Minnesota, every single one of them looks like it's nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. You can't believe it. And every Tuesday they have a car show cruising and I.
Speaker 4: Just just look.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm telling you, Max, you gotta see it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: There it's stuck in time, and they kept all the buildings. The old barbershop is about the size of my nut sack, hot and hot, just like my nutsack. Did you go to the place called hog Wild?
Speaker 3: Oh? Please, the adults are talking.
Speaker 1: Please come on, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We're seven minutes in the Time of the Money for you.
Speaker 1: That's the name of the goddamn place.
Speaker 3: It's the time of the most man.
Speaker 4: Hog Wild is a bar once. I'm on for five days. His allergies driver s nuf I did so sassy, you take it out on us.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, okay, sorry, I didn't get too pregnant this month. I found this old church right by there, right on the Minnesota Scenic Valley River. I don't know what the church is called, Oh here I do the Church of Saint Thomas Jessonland J E. S S E N L A and D out of nowhere, literally no city near it. This giant church, right, And so you stop and there's a sign that says a Church of Saint Thomas Jessonland nucleus of Minnesota's first Irish settlement. One of the oldest parishes in the state, next to Mark Oh oldest parish in the New Alm diocese. It was established in eighteen fifty five. And so I look up behind this church and there's a cemetery. I'm like, oh, cool cemetery. I walk around the corner grob up to the top of the cemetery. There are tombstones from eighteen fifty eight Arthur Morgan, Arthur Morgan's descend his.
Speaker 4: Man, his great going to cry. Yeah, So, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love it, man, It's one of the things I like about travel all over the state. Out of nowhere. I came up to a stop sign and then I look around. I'm like, where in.
Speaker 3: The hell did I go in a time machine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, would you calm down.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I just asked if you went to hawkycuse.
Speaker 4: You're so sensitive this time of the month, the first four or five days when you have allergies, you're just on edge.
Speaker 7: The Vikings are the only one wearing pats today.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, well done.
Speaker 2: In eighteen fifty two, Thomas Walter and Dennis Doney staked claims a short distance from this spot. This marked the beginning of Minnesota's first permanent Irish settlement. Within a few years of the Downey's, they were joined by scores of other families.
Speaker 4: Right there, man, in the middle of damned No, it's not even that far. Right, even this is forty nine minutes from where we are right now, you know how.
Speaker 2: You're cruising towards man Cato on one sixty nine h right before you get to.
Speaker 4: Past the candy store. Right, that's exactly right according to the Google map. At least yeah, it's it's uh, I mean, not super far pasted it at least you can't believe you've seen right before lasour you're right right.
Speaker 8: Apparently some of the scenes from Purple Rain were filmed on that scenic byway.
Speaker 2: I wonder because there's a big mural on one of the sides of the buildings of prince. So that explains why there was a big mural on the side of the building.
Speaker 8: So I googled the town and I was like, this looks vaguely familiar, and then yeah, I was from Purple.
Speaker 3: Raine, that's why. Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And there's a mansion that I forget what the family's name was built that's now like the museum sitting at I'm telling you, guys, it's it's They preserved this city in a way I've never ever seen an old city been preserved.
Speaker 3: And it's just in the middle of nothing.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: And and imagine this as if I may be macabre for a second, if that's okay with you over.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh, we just feel like this time of the month age we have to ask for your permission. Yeah, we don't want to step on toes. Well you have allergies in the.
Speaker 3: Staring am I saying that?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 8: Apparently both dogs made a remix for the.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Some notable tombstones in this old cemetery includes Bernhardt Krueger k R U G E R. And it's a it's a soldier's tombstone. So you always notice those, you know, and for I in particular, Private Company H seven Minnesota Infantry born eighteen twenty six died eighteen seventy four. Yes, he fought for Minnesota in the Civil War. And he's buried right there in that little summit.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And and right below his name says husband of Sophie.
Speaker 1: Oh so.
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 2: I'll show you the video here of this is me stand on top of the hill there Mexo, and I'll of looking down this hill at this giant church into the river valley.
Speaker 3: Man. Wow, that's why I like exploring this hero. Look at that dude and then looks like you just that's that's Valentine.
Speaker 4: That straight up looks like Valentine.
Speaker 2: I know you guys can't see probably very well from over there. But and if you look real close to see my little road staying down there. But look at that.
Speaker 1: So this is a wow.
Speaker 3: That's down from the top of the sin.
Speaker 2: Old timey dead people, dead people, Mikey, old timey dead people.
Speaker 4: Chris has seen more of Minnesota than I like the last three months than I have in forty six years.
Speaker 2: I figured out, dude, you know, I figured out. I look at that Mustang, you know, I figured out. Is I like Hiking's cool and everything being out, you know.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to eat. Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Like bugs and snakes pissed me off, sort of like him at the first month.
Speaker 3: Every time I see when I get bitchy and uh.
Speaker 2: But I like walking through old town, so I would rather get my steps in exploring a new little.
Speaker 3: Town like and that's what I do. I go up and I'm like, Hey, there's an old school at the top of the hill over here. Oh here, Look there's a mansion over here. Look that's probably somebody. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: There's a levee there too, because I'm sure it's been underwater most of forever.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's what I saw.
Speaker 4: Do you hike this time of the month or do you wait for your allergies to go?
Speaker 1: I had to wait for my allergy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hit track the bears this time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sharks, it'll be a disaster, Jarks.
Speaker 4: You can't say that. Yeah, no, I stay at home. Well you sound great.
Speaker 1: I do not, No, you do.
Speaker 3: You sound like a different version of you, which is what we're always hoping.
Speaker 4: Like a multiverse situation. I did it as well, you did.
Speaker 3: The only one that didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't see it.
Speaker 4: You're like the only one on the planet that didn't see it.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: Billion dollars, Yeah, nine twenty seven million globally, three fifty five domestically insane man.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's pretty crazy, man.
Speaker 4: Second biggest opening weekend in box office history, only after Avengers, right, that is correct, Avengers Endgame.
Speaker 3: Well, how was it?
Speaker 4: Oh, no, zus mash.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great. I really liked it.
Speaker 6: I loved how they introduced who you thought was the bad guy. It's going to kick off a whole new uh generation, I guess of Marvel movies with the character that they brought into the world in a new light. I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Was the bad guy the roser Dozer?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, so you did see the movie? Yeah, he doesn't pick up the tab.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 8: It was like a perfect continuation and also kind of reset, like you could have watched it without seeing the other four there would have been something such a missed but yeah, or the other three, I should say. But it was a perfect branching off point for a bunch of different things, Marvel and Spider Man, and Tom Holland's just great man.
Speaker 4: He's the best. He's the best Spider Man that there ever was.
Speaker 8: For sure, and they're now they're literally gonna chain him in a basement and never let him not be Spider Man because every movie he's ever been in basically has made a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Right. It was crazy to wear a couple of scenes with John Burnhal's and and Tom Holland. I'm like, I just saw these sites. Yeah, all three of them were in Odyssey, and then a couple of days later it's like, boom. You thought that movie was big, this movie's even bigger.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Ends and Days and Doune three as well. So she's gonna be in three different billion dollar movies this year.
Speaker 4: I would I would imagine Corey your thoughts. I didn't care for it, but that's not for me. I got super bored. It was like I thought it was. You know, you just said, if you haven't seen the last like three or four, you can probably figure. I felt like I had seen the last three or four. It was like the same old thing, which is fine, people love it. I just was very bored and uh, I love well, I don't want to give away the spoiler. Never mind, I don't want to give away the spoiler. But it did nothing for me. And that's one of my favorite kind of angles on superheroes is that group and that even that is like, really, I don't know. I was just bored. The Kittle liked it. The Kiddle liked and that's all. That's why I went. She wanted to see it. She thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 8: John Brent though was great in the movie too, him and Tom Hollands dynamic was great.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it felt like Spider Man, really like the real Spider Man from the comics, like he's just friends with everybody and could hang out with everybody.
Speaker 1: Absolutely crushed.
Speaker 2: Yes, it did good for them, man, I hear Kyler Murray also absolutely crushed.
Speaker 3: We got us a quarterback. Let's go.
Speaker 6: That's the hot rubber. Were you there, well, no, I wasn't there for practice. That didn't start to like three thirty.
Speaker 3: You were down there and broadcasting didn't stay for practice.
Speaker 1: No, we left.
Speaker 4: God, that was my allergy. This have scheduled for the second week of them.
Speaker 3: Are you allergic to doing your job?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: But fun first seventeen minutes.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, it's like.
Speaker 4: Five more days of this.
Speaker 1: He loves it.
Speaker 4: All right. One thing though, that doesn't matter if you have balogies or not. One thing that you never have to worry about is your gutters.
Speaker 6: If you have gutterer helmet from Gutterhelmet mn dot com, never clean your.
Speaker 1: Gutters again, all right.
Speaker 4: The Super Troopers cast at seven initials at eight fifteen, one of you gets to crack at one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars again with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials. Jackpot more of the Powered Morning joepe It is on the fan. Trade people at Northern Tool have been building equipment in fair Bow, Minnesota since nineteen ninety one. If you want it, here we are.
Speaker 3: We got it all covered like a blue lanky.
Speaker 4: One last thing, Christopher about Spider Man slash movies and stuff.
Speaker 1: Huh So I saw both The.
Speaker 4: Odyssey and Spider Man and at Eden Prairie right because they got the Imax. Sure, And when when the wife and the kiddo and I were walking past the Imax to get the Spider Man, you could feel the whole theater shaking and I'm like, man, I want to go back in there. I didn't know what scene it was. I didn't even care. And my wife is like, I don't think I want to see that movie if that's how loud it is. And I'm like, that's why it was amazing. It was immersive. Yeah, She's like, Jesus, that's a lot. I'm like, yeah, we're just walking past it. And the whole thing was shaken. Sounded awesome.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, man, it's the best.
Speaker 3: The movies are back, dude. How cool is that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 8: It's pretty cool between these two movies obsession, I mean.
Speaker 4: And then we got doing in Avengers later this year, Lady Bugs back in theaters? What was it for in theaters?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 3: Man? This weekend?
Speaker 2: And I think again, maybe tomorrow or Wednesday at the same Michael Theater by my house they were doing they're showing Willie walk in The Chocolate Factor.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh sweet, the only one that matters?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yeah, which I never saw in the theater. You know, I did any of y'all. Oh that's cool.
Speaker 4: When is uh? When is Point Break going back in? Didn't somebody tell us they are? They're going to rerun that somewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they they're show they always show the new one because they say it's better.
Speaker 4: Oh that's just I mean, that's that's heresy.
Speaker 3: Ye, Harry Ford.
Speaker 1: Oh his return is questionable, man, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so there you go. I don't know many.
Speaker 4: Well super Troopers in theater soon as well. Hell yeah, and everybody's will be here in like an hour. Haven't seen stilehanskiing them all? Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So who who are the the folks that are gonna because I know not everybody can be here? Do we have that?
Speaker 1: I was texting with Eric yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh good for me, and he said, uh, obviously he was trying to get all five guys in. He said, uh bump bump, bump, bump, bump bump, Steve, Kevin, and myself. He says, so, uh, no hand. Then he says, Kevin and Jay have to fly to New York. So now I'm confused because he said Kevin in both. Either way, it's gonna be three of them. I think it's Uh. Nick Madden said the three on an email as well, are a text correct, So maybe Nick has it right.
Speaker 1: Steve, Eric and Paul is what Nick said? So got it?
Speaker 3: And then what about Ringo?
Speaker 7: Everybody forgets about Ringo? Yeah, nobody really cares if Ringo shows up.
Speaker 1: Ringo ring Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. So you guys saw a movie. Do you do anything else, anybody?
Speaker 8: I went to Summer Slam. I saw the super super guys at SummerSlam. Actually they were in the UH. I went both days, both nights, yes, sir. And it was a blast, dog.
Speaker 1: I was lit.
Speaker 8: Even other dorks around me were like, this guy is a dork. Does he know this isn't real? I was getting the hype. I was cheering it was. It was so much fun, man. And it was packed in there, like because my seats were they were on, I mean, oh good for me. They were on like the equivalent of the field for the Vikings. So looking up from the field and just seeing us Bank Stadium from that angle was it was so cool man. And there was a point on al Bresla that's been out for a while came back. It It sounded like when Justin Jefferson scores a touchdown in there, like you could not even hear yourself think it was rocking because not every crowd brings the energy. But Minneapolis was was was super hype for this.
Speaker 4: What about the reception for our guys like brock lesnar or or Chad Gable.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, brock Lesner got a huge He got a huge reception, got his ass what but he got a huge reception at the end, at the end, at the beginning, and Gable won his first championship, so everybody, he was super emotional crying, His family was there and everything, and the crowd was just you know, chanting you deserve it at him.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was. It was awesome, man, it was a It was a special moment for him for sure. Cool. So is brock done because we thought he was done like three months ago?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Is he done done?
Speaker 8: He didn't seem like he was done. I mean he didn't take the gloves off and do all that bit. Maybe he doesn't want to do that again because he already did it. But I'm sure that he didn't say anything. Some of these guys are like, okay, so just like creatively, I'm done, I have better things to do, like John Cena and whatnot. But brack Lesner is probably holding out for one more big old Saudi check because WW wrestles over in Saudi all the time, and they like to get the old legends out of retirement and everything. So maybe he's not putting a bow on it quite yet, but yeah he did. Uh he did put the other guy over at the other the new monster guy. Does he still a big Yeah, he's still He's still a unit man, he really is.
Speaker 2: Now that place full of people for I mean, how many people do they get in there for a wrestling match.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's it's something.
Speaker 8: Both nights were sold out, right, Yeah, I mean it was like there were people in Rosie in the three hundred section. You know, like everybody's walking around with their titles, their you know, everybody's got the face paid and the ridiculous outfits and it's just just having an absolute blast.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's some people fly in for that. That's yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Percentage of the.
Speaker 1: Crowd is female. Five I would say like ten.
Speaker 8: I'd say like twenty to thirty, but kidding, only like zero point five were single females. You know, most of them are with a significant other, but there's a lot. It's it's just truly a cosmopolitan crowd, all races, all ages. I mean you see like old ladies up in there, like getting higher Roman range.
Speaker 1: Tell me more about them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, super interested in that too.
Speaker 4: It was no, it was.
Speaker 8: It was a lot of fun, man, seriously, it was. I couldn't recommend seeing live wrestling, even people that don't watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they had a blast just going that's sweet man, good good.
Speaker 1: Your dad was there too.
Speaker 4: Are you are you watching it? If you were anywhere near upper deck? You're just watching it on TV though, correct you can't see well down to the center of the stadium.
Speaker 1: Probably not, but even.
Speaker 8: From my because I had two different seats, and my seats on Saturday night we're on the floor, but they were in the back in the middle, And even I was mostly watching it because the ring isn't like it's not raised, so you're kind of just on fold out chairs. So I mostly was just watching it on TV next to a very pungent child.
Speaker 4: I must say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was very stinky, and it was not just bo like normal wrestling fans.
Speaker 1: It was piece.
Speaker 4: What was the age of this young man? I don't know.
Speaker 8: He was having the time of his life, but it was so bad. My friend literally was like, I'm going to tell his dad when we're leaving. I'm going to tell his dad.
Speaker 3: Kid years old, teenager? Are we talking?
Speaker 1: He was like a teenager? Yeah like this, Yeah for sure, Well but he was having a blast.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You didn't see him come down from the Vikings broadcast booth, did you?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, gentlemen, so good.
Speaker 4: And you check is.
Speaker 1: Next super Troopers?
Speaker 4: Guy? Is it? Seven Initials at eight fifteen? This is the Power Trim Morning, Joan the Fan.
Speaker 3: I don't forget to tune in KFN dot com. Slash Watch brought you our friends at Quantum Fiber.
Speaker 1: Did your home get storm damage? It's time to get a new roof from Owl Roofing.
Speaker 7: Who the Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday bashes on a Towarsua Island November fifth and sixth. Friday show is open to everyone, but the Initials game and a trip to Vegas with the guys up for grabs. Thursday's comedy show featuring Kelsey Coochad Daniels, Siaminson and Tommy Ryman is full, but you can still join the waitlist at Cafe dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash two five.
Speaker 3: The Blizzards are all gone. I think thousand blizzards.
Speaker 1: I think there's one receis pieces. Somebody eat half of it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, throw it out?
Speaker 4: Why would you put half of a blizzard back in this?
Speaker 3: Do you want to eat the other half later? Probably? I mean maybe they know they ain't a lot of people to come here for, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So who ain't all the blizzards who wait already?
Speaker 1: Bag luncheons?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who's.
Speaker 1: A damn sasquatch.
Speaker 6: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: Billy Madison was on Comedy Central yesterday, Yeah, eight plus. So look, I've seen that movie a thousand times. It hit me right between the eyes. I was like fourteen or fifteen when it came out. Everybody in my high school watched it a thousand times. Right, we all could quote it, we could all do essentially one man plays reciting Billy Madison.
Speaker 1: And I know it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I know I'm not nitpicking this because I think it's a.
Speaker 1: Great movie with one huge flaw.
Speaker 4: It's a ridiculous movie, but with a ridiculous flaw. But it's a comedic flaw. But I just I would love to know when they were sitting around the writer's room going all right, what about this last scene? How are we going to do this? Because think about this Eric, right, Yeah, Eric's a bad man. Eric was gonna get the company, he was gonna get Madison Hotel's right. But Billy embarrasses at the academic to caathlon because he can't answer the question about business business ethics correct. So he throws a giant tantrum, takes out a gun and is about to shoot Billy Madison in the head. From Steve BUSHEMI shoots Eric in the ass, and then Billy famous is his boy. I'm glad I called that guy. So let's just recap what I just said. He takes out a gun and he's about to shoot and kill him. And then when Billy graduates, Eric's in the crowd with crutches. Not only is he not in prison, they invited the injured man to the ceremony and he's walking away in disgrace like and mad that Billy graduated.
Speaker 1: Why is he not in prison for attempted murders?
Speaker 4: And again, let's say let's say he's out on bond or something.
Speaker 1: Let's say he's out walking the streets before his trial.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't be invited to the house for the graduation party. No, makes no sense. No, he'd probably be at house arrest.
Speaker 1: So think about it.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: Somebody in that writing room was like, well, what do we do with Eric? He just tried to kill him and it'd be kind of funny if he's just walking down the airm with crutches after Steve Bushemy Danny McGrath shoots him in the ass. So good, I got a lot of spare time. Yeah. I love that movie though, ten out of ten. Yeah, for all the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Shall we do.
Speaker 4: Fron paid Sports because he is a big.
Speaker 6: Dayame now for front Paid Sports presented by Holiday Station store.
Speaker 4: Hoday Station Stores, you can get the Red Bull three for six fifty for a limited time, go mixing match any flavors you one of those eight and a half ounce red Bulls?
Speaker 1: Is that Holiday? Thanks?
Speaker 4: Holiday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thank you love you Holiday?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you guys on the edge of your seats? Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you ready? I can't just today is today?
Speaker 3: I can't stand another moment. I wish it was happening right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it's what fourteen hours from now?
Speaker 3: It's poker.
Speaker 4: Twenty two year old Lucas Jumalan is the chip leader with nine to go. The final table of the World Series of Poker twenty twenty six tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday on ESPN next three nights, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's all happening.
Speaker 4: No player has had a higher percentage of the total chips in play in the last twenty years than Lucas Jumalan, so he is a heavy favorite.
Speaker 1: But uh hey, look it's poker. I did you know.
Speaker 4: Nothing's guaranteed. But the two closest to this percentage Kari al Damir and Hosein Enson, both one big chip leads almost always lead to a big, big, big advantage.
Speaker 1: We'll see tonight.
Speaker 4: Four Americans, two Canadians, one French guy, one Finnish guy, and a guy from Cyprus. Hell, oh yeah, no, is he insane? In the membrane? Ten million dollars for first, six million for a second? Everybody guaranteed at least a mill Does he like taking hits from the bond? I don't know, crazy, it's a lamber And ESPN's Jeff Platt, the.
Speaker 1: Guy that interviewed me the last couple of years, which is really cool.
Speaker 4: We'll be on our show briefly tomorrow he'll jump on tomorrow live from Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Is that right to talk about the World Series.
Speaker 4: Of Poker at that point? What final five or six? That's whatever they're playing down to tonight. Jeff's the best, good dude?
Speaker 3: Is that the deal you made with them to get on the television?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Inverted?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I had to do some pretty Is that why you have a wrist brace on?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened with your wrists? I think I got like some ten night this thing.
Speaker 4: It's just yeah, sure, your good hand or your bad hand.
Speaker 1: Good hand, but uh, you know, we didn't let that affect us. We powered through it. Yeah, buddy, when you say us, yeah, you never know mine. Good for you?
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, World Series of Poker back on ESPN for the first time in a long time. That'll be great.
Speaker 8: On the weekend it was on? Was that just like old stuff, like preliminary stuff. I saw something about poker on ESPN.
Speaker 4: They've been showing they've had like a three week break, so they've been showing the run up to the final nine, showing you how we got to these nine.
Speaker 1: And I believe it's your guys. I think the Manning.
Speaker 4: Brothers that Omaha Productions is a part of this putting it together. Yeah, they get their hand and everything.
Speaker 1: Your guys, Yeah, it'd be good.
Speaker 3: For them, carpal Tell or whatever that Yeah, no, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Major League Baseball trade deadline is today and the Twins have made a handful of move sauce. But they also lost yesterday to the Mariners seven to six. That was despite being down six nothing, rallying all the way back and tying it at six before losing it in the bottom of the ninth a walk off single by something called Colt Emerson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two tough losses to walk off losses, if I'm correct. They they got they got them walked off. I think it was the first or second game on just a routine ground ball and royce Lewis looked too long at second base, tried to make the throw home and they walked him off there. And then yesterday, you know, they an unbelievable comeback. Man, they were down six to nothing, I think in the eighth Indian and royce Lewis hit that home run and then what's the the one guy hit the home run in the ninth.
Speaker 1: Did oh good? Good for John? I'm shocked to you play for them. But yeah, they they found something.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope they can continue.
Speaker 6: They get to beat up on the real bad Royals for three games I think in Kansas City starting tomorrow. So it looks like they're turning a corner. I think they got at least two more moves in them today and we'll see what they do. Move at least two more waves today. Yeah, is that from a source?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't believe they still talk to you.
Speaker 1: One of them kidding, one of them.
Speaker 4: Good move.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to mend fences man, m Yeah, psychok said, great song. How how do you feel about their moves so far? I mean it's tough when you know the guy, the aj Minter guy they got I think is good. He pitched he pitched him out of a jam yesterday. And after listening to the Gleaming and the Geek podcast, the guy that they got, that Kramer guy from the Orioles was like one bad start away from being dfaid. So he's that means like basically cut from the Orioles. So they didn't want, you know, to have to go through the waiver wires, so they gave up a couple of maybe one or two prospects for him, and they have him, so he you know, he's a back of the rotation kind of guy.
Speaker 1: But when you see a team like the Dodgers, just it's like a video game.
Speaker 4: So twenty two hours ago, you were responding to a tweet that said the Los Angeles Dodgers are finalizing a trade for Detroit Tigers as Trek Scuobel sources tele ESPN, and you retweeted that with the caption, cool league.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know they're playing within the rules, but like the the prospects they gave up are just okay. It's like the Luca trade. Like, if they'd open that up to anybody, I would bet that if the Tins were interested that if like they I don't know. I don't think they get from what everybody else is saying, I don't think they got a good amount of prospects for him.
Speaker 4: But man, what a what a team they had agents. Yeah, but it's a video game team. He's a two time cy Young Winner game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a video game team. And honestly, both of.
Speaker 6: Those guys are on my MVP or MLB the Show team, both Terrek and Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's unbelievable. But hey, good for them.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Now baseball's gonna fall apart and probably not even play next season. But man, it's h They are a the definition of an arms race, and they're gonna dominate whoever they play. I mean, I I think they're minus one ten to win the World Series or something like that, or maybe that was a different team. It doesn't matter, but they're they're they're a heavy favorite, and now they have two of the best pitchers in the league that can go back to back in a playoff series.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, but it might be over for baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty much guarantees that, don't you think. Oh yeah, Dodgers are plus one fifty incredible on DraftKings in August. That's unbelievable. Next closest is the Yankees at plus five sixty. Yeah. Man, so Minnesota Twins are forty nine to one. I like Mia.
Speaker 1: Chance, so yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah. Dodgers did acquire Tark Schooble be back to back and raining Sy Young Winner for three prospects. Schooble's twenty nine, Like I said, he's a pending free agent. Arbitration last year gave him thirty two million dollars and according to sources, the Tigers in schoobl were thirteen million dollars apart, not like one point three apart, thirteen million dollars apart.
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, I think he was basically telling teams too, like I'm gonna go to the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah next year either way, so if there is a next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the crowd loved himself from Justin Jefferson, didn't they.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, oh right, SummerSlam, Yeah he was. He got them hype, man, he's great. Did get in the ring or just on the screen? He was just he was like a kind of stand on a hype on the side of the ring. Yeah, getting everybody hype for the main event. And they did a little like video package with them on Night one as well, and everybody got your.
Speaker 3: First kept screaming show me them days.
Speaker 1: Did he really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like his catchphrase.
Speaker 1: Oh good for him.
Speaker 3: He's working for Snapple now.
Speaker 4: Oh oh man, Kiwi strawberries saple back in the day was a thousand out.
Speaker 3: Of ten sugar with a little water and sure so good.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to bike to the gas station just to get the key. Strawberry Snapple.
Speaker 3: Very good fit because of the sugar.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like yeah, but I was also pounding like seven Mountain Dews a day, So that was like, I'm gonna go drink something healthy. Yeah, I'm gonna go have a Snapple. Remember the Snapple lady Paul puts your hand on. Of course she was famous. Let's look her up Snapple And she's still with us, Wendy Kaufman. Oh yeah, oh yeah, still with us.
Speaker 3: Of course she is.
Speaker 4: She also had two stints on Celebrity Fit.
Speaker 3: Club, also had two of them put in her heart.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 1: She was also on a show called Oprah.
Speaker 4: Where are they now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: She's married and lives in Las Vegas. She was a drug addict for ten years and spent ten months in rehab shortly before joining Snapple in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: Well, good job, man, did good timing.
Speaker 3: Where do you go?
Speaker 4: Cleaned up and got some Snapple? Is that so I'm a big thing. Do people still buy a Snapple or is it over all?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's still in stores. I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Speaker 3: Is it still a thing?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is, yeah, yeah, Target has it. Walgreens has it. I think Musty drinked their green tea every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got alcohol in it.
Speaker 1: Wow, well good from us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some good news from Musman this weekend, by the way. Yeah yeah, it's a good friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Mussy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, the child's not his? Oh my god, is that the same news you heard?
Speaker 1: So what did you do to celebrate?
Speaker 3: We went and got a bunch of people pregnant, d like twenty for family.
Speaker 1: Oh ma hus.
Speaker 3: This was in Lithuania. Oh, it's got a families.
Speaker 4: How awesome would that be if we found it that Musk truly has a full on second family in Lithuania?
Speaker 3: It would be great.
Speaker 4: Whenever he disappears from time to time, he's just going over there to satisfy his wife and feed his kids.
Speaker 1: And then he comes back.
Speaker 3: Where have you been.
Speaker 1: He didn't get laid off. He's been in Lithuania this whole the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard Lithuania.
Speaker 4: They got a yacht over there, they got a music festival.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Please tell me you don't watch the sizzle reel outside of the studio. You'd punch that TV.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I close my eyes.
Speaker 4: Sauce. Who would play the iHeart Music Fest Lithuania?
Speaker 6: That's a great questions? Probably ice Cube? Yeah, no, No, probably d m x Y. He's dead though, Oh yeah, are you looking for a specific answer? No, I think the Grateful Dead is big over there. Okay, maybe the snow guy who sings Informer?
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 6: What you'r a?
Speaker 8: By the way, have you ever seen core that that Jim Carrey did a parody of the Informer song?
Speaker 1: For sure, I've seen it. It's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he leaned in Yeah, and then uh he did one of Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 1: That's also really funny.
Speaker 3: How many of these damp things are there? Do I keep doing the same one over and over again?
Speaker 1: What training?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What does that do? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I keep getting emails about I'm sick. I don't know where these people. It ain't my eyeart email hockey.
Speaker 1: When I got about signing something, you never signed, I never did either. I didn't either. I don't know what this is. I'm not doing this. No, I'm not signing that.
Speaker 4: I should have a lawyer look at for They get a reminder every day about it. Yeah, not signing it, Huck.
Speaker 1: Did you have my dad look at it?
Speaker 3: I sure did.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: The thing in your email, Oh.
Speaker 3: No no, I had to look at the thing of my underwear.
Speaker 1: Oh that's your wader?
Speaker 3: Is that what that is?
Speaker 4: Yep? What really matters is next scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between, Crystal change your life with something else. Forty minutes from now, sixty percent of the Supertroopers will be in the building. And then at eight fifteen Adam Weber, Ron Johnson, Brett Blake Moore, Glenn Schmidt and aj Mon Sewer Square often quarter final number six. Chris, you moved on on Friday?
Speaker 3: Sure did.
Speaker 4: We'll see who's moving on today one if you gets to crack at one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars, power trip back after this on the fan.
Speaker 12: Bab every weekday, I mean, give me grown fan along with big deck dot com.
Speaker 7: Well, Joe Bottom Moss on August fifteenth, Soup Dog on September fifth, Ron White will be there October seventh. Get the complete details and all of our ucoming shows on the concert page at KFE dot com Cured calendar.
Speaker 2: You got that right, we go full pads today. Man, they're starting to tap them down. At Vikings training camp.
Speaker 3: Coach talked about Caleb Banks and how he's progressing.
Speaker 13: We have a mindset of what that looks like because it's really been you know, a good chunk since he's he's played football, So we're building up those reps. He'll get a little bit more today, but we're being real purposeful, you know, with the.
Speaker 4: Fact that he's in there with a lot of the first group.
Speaker 13: He's in there, you know, here in the full you know, the full complement of the calls that flow has up that day. And one of the things that I was really really impressed by in the spring is just his ability to retain information even without physically getting to apply them. How he handled walkthrough is how he handled the meeting room. And it's been really cool seeing him in Big Citrus and the connection those guys have. If you see one, you probably see the other, which is you know exactly what you're looking for when you bring in two young guys like that Big Citrus.
Speaker 4: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Caleb Banks as a high school senior. According to Wikipedia, how many sacks do you think Caleb Banks had as a high school senior in Michigan. Okay, this guy is what six six three twenty seven? Now I'm not exactly sure how big he was, you know, whatever, it was three or four years ago, maybe five almost he's twenty three.
Speaker 1: Now, Hey, sacks did he have as a senior?
Speaker 3: As a senior?
Speaker 1: Can I ask a question? Sure? Is this a trick question? Did he not play defensive line in high school?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: He did well.
Speaker 4: He had sacks, so he must have played defense. I don't know if he played.
Speaker 1: I doubt he played both ways, but who knows.
Speaker 4: You never know.
Speaker 1: Seventeen thirty, twenty sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine as a high school senior lining up against a monster potentially as big as Kalob Banks and three oh and nuts? Yeah, I would think even if they even if they don't, I don't know how big he was I guess five years ago, but still he must have been sizable. Even if they put two who wish guys on him every time? Yeah, you would think he would still find more than three. That's strange, yeah, very.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was busy.
Speaker 4: He was he also played basketball in high school. Maybe he didn't want to hurt himself. I want to play ball. Yeah, let's play a little ball here, a little ball here, Let's do a little what really matters you all do scores and stats around the world of sports, Chrystal, tune your life with something else that it's brought to you. Buy Ovo, Lasik and Lens. Go get Lasik from doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David White and the legends of Lasik and.
Speaker 1: Oval, Lasik and Lens. Thanks Ovo, now, thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about a couple of things.
Speaker 1: That happened over the weekend.
Speaker 4: How about Niners placing wide receiver Ricky Piersoll on season ending injured reserve because of a PCL injury. So here's what's crazy about this. He's gonna have surgery, and the recovery is somewhere in that six to twelve month range when most people think the sweet spot is right in the middle, somewhere around nine months.
Speaker 1: Sometimes twenty five years old.
Speaker 4: So about nine ish months give or take to come back from a PCL surgery.
Speaker 1: If you remember, in September.
Speaker 4: Of twenty twenty four, he was shot in the chest and was back by week seven.
Speaker 3: That's right, awesome guy.
Speaker 4: So his recovery is longer than getting shot point blank in the chest, unbelievable, more likely to recover from a gunshot wound than what he's about to go through, which is major PCL surgery. So that makes more sense. Why they brought debot in or back. Yeah, as they knew this was bad, and it's bad. He's done for the year. What really matters is this, you're.
Speaker 3: Taller in the morning than you are at night.
Speaker 2: When you wake up at the morning, you're about one centimeter taller because at night, when you're lying down, these spine stretches and decompresses.
Speaker 3: Throughout the day, the world weighs you down.
Speaker 4: All so in the morning US huge bitep. But by the end of the day, yep, you are correct.
Speaker 1: Hunchback oh beat sauce Hm.
Speaker 4: The Minnesota Lynx won one away to one hundred over the fever. That is the tenth straight wind from Minnesota. They are now twenty five and six Olivia Miles with twenty eight, Courtney Williams twenty seven, Collier eighteen. That was despite thirty seven from something called Kelsey Mitchell, Caitlin Clark two of nine from three for nineteen points.
Speaker 1: All the the links do is win.
Speaker 4: They take on LA Thursday at eight o'clock. That's on Prime Now. Yesterday was big because it was the WNBA trade deadline and there were some rumors speculation that the Links would potentially move into Fisa Collier. Yeah, because she's a pending free agent and it's like, well, you can't let her just walk, can you. Well, they didn't trade her, which means I think they're confident they can sign her back.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. Yeah, man, that's great. They were an absolute machinem.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Why would you go anywhere? Yeah right, It's not like it is the Dodgers, where she can make tenfold somewhere else. She's gonna make the most money she can make here.
Speaker 1: Anyway. She seems to like it here. This is the best team in the WNBA. The Links kind of are the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well said so, yeah, she's going nowhere. What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Andrew Johnson.
Speaker 4: Was buried.
Speaker 2: For his own instructions only first eighteen seventy five, with his body wrapped in the American flag and a copy of the Constitution placed under his head.
Speaker 3: Some bitch loved his country book.
Speaker 4: I think that's what they said when they lowered the casket into the earth. Hmmm, yep, sauce, you got to wrap yourself in something and place something under your head. Go not now, I mean when you're dead.
Speaker 6: I would like to be wrapped in probably like cheeseburger rappers and then put under my head a very large pillow.
Speaker 4: You don't get this bit, I'm sorry I let you down.
Speaker 1: I'm very large pillow. I mean that's gonna be required.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I have a huge head, right, I like to wrap you in flames.
Speaker 1: Me and no one loves you more than I do.
Speaker 3: I know it's the problem in my life.
Speaker 1: You hit the people who.
Speaker 3: Dad like trash truth.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, CBS announced that Tony Romo is on the leave after his O w I or russe in Wisconsin last week. Jj Watt is going to join Jim Nance and Tracy Wolfson on CBS's lead call.
Speaker 1: He'll be the lead analyst while Romo is out.
Speaker 4: Which is crazy to already say that because their first game isn't until September thirteenth, So they're just saying like, he's on leave, and we already know it's not going to be wrapped up by then, So jj Watt potentially Wally pipping Tony Romo. Now Romo makes seventeen million dollars a year, and whoever, let's say they let him go and replace him with somebody like JJ Watt.
Speaker 1: It's not like they're going to save money.
Speaker 4: JJ is going to ask for a fortune as well. But if you don't like Tony anymore, or if you think that too much of the public doesn't like Tony anymore, is this a window to say, this is our chance to get rid of him. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably if they like him.
Speaker 4: If CBS likes him and says we don't really care about the criticism because we like him, then who knows. But yeah, JJ Watt temporarily in Tony Romo's spot on CBS.
Speaker 6: You may have said this, so I apologized, but I was apologizing for hockey for going too far. The first game they would have is the Packer Bikings game that's on CBS three twenty.
Speaker 1: Five, So it would be that game.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be JJ.
Speaker 1: Why he'll be the only JJ starting other than Justin Jefferson, So there's at least one. What about Juwan Jennings. I don't know if he'll technically star.
Speaker 4: Wide receiver three. Yeah, I guess that doesn't count as a start. Yeah, that's right around the corner, Hogs Daddy Yn't wait mate, Can I ask you guys a serious sports question?
Speaker 3: Sure? Am?
Speaker 4: Are we so happy about our top three with Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison and Juwan Jennings that we don't even care that our depth behind those three is pretty thin?
Speaker 1: You just made my point for me. I mean, like, are we so happy with the top three that.
Speaker 4: We're like, look, if they stay healthy, we don't need wide receiver four or wide receiver five exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean they're really deep. They have a lot of offensive weapons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh Oliver can catch the passers too. Yeah, nineteen running backs they are.
Speaker 6: This is a very good team. If they can get some of these rookies to step up. And we heard on Saturday during the first practice in front of the fans that Golday, Big Citrus and Caleb Banks were all with the first team. That would be a huge win. If you can get those guys to play with the first team and contribute. They don't get a lot of that around here. Thanks, Counting Crows, Sorry we're too far. What really matters, though.
Speaker 3: Is this this when you take these these these tests you know we do for out radio.
Speaker 2: It always makes you laugh because like they're like, okay, you're right for the test, and you're like, yeah, okay. Here's the situation. A lady walks into a room, do you a complimenter's huge breast or B? Just say hello and move on?
Speaker 1: Right, You don't have to.
Speaker 4: You'd have to be an absolute moron to fail these tests. But when Hawk hits A, it says no, Chris. That's the thing is, it doesn't even failure. It's just like, no Chris. Remember the answer is B, but thank you for guessing. Now moving on to the next question. If you hit A, it's always no Chris because they assume me he's the only one. And I think over the years they've learned if it's like hey, number one, compliment our body, or like the option B is again say hot and just move on. There used to be option C and it would say little column A, little column B. But so many guys here at the fan.
Speaker 1: Just hit C.
Speaker 4: Like what's wrong with that? Why can't I say a nice little, you know, misogynistic thing and then say hello and movie.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know your name, but also have a nice day.
Speaker 4: I have a great day.
Speaker 1: But heay, nice rack.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but hey, why can't I say things like, but hey, I thought we were on the same team.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, maybe we do an extra credit everywhere A.
Speaker 6: Little too close to home. That was confirmed again about a week ago. But that actually, there's so.
Speaker 4: Many people here that are lucky we don't have an HR department, Like that's an instant firing.
Speaker 1: It's okay. You cannot believe. I mean, I can believe.
Speaker 6: Because if we were on a soft if this softball team, we'd be on the same team.
Speaker 1: Just pad ass, just pad as. What's the big deal?
Speaker 4: I just I can't believe it. It's okay yet again, I can the same team?
Speaker 3: No, is he wrong?
Speaker 1: We are on the same team. But but you don't get to just slash we are No, not that all relax quick voice texting with.
Speaker 4: Tommy Man, I gotta take that stupid test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's the I'm on, I'm on Levon Burton. Oh, well played, you're on top of it today.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bud.
Speaker 1: How's your wrist?
Speaker 3: Mine's fine? My penises?
Speaker 4: Hey, by the way, let's go back. Do you remember do you remember when and I don't care. Do you remember when Abbot for a couple of people here at the station would just give the answers so certain people wouldn't fail the tests. Sure, because back in the day it was like a forty minute test and if you got what was it, seven out of ten or no, sorry, if you got under seven out of ten or eight out of ten, I forget you got more than like two or three wrong, you had to take it again, yes you did. And a couple of times a couple of people, right, they mailed it in. They were and they guessed wrong, and they're like, I have to sit through this again. And there were so many complaints that eventually Aba just started saying, here's the cheechy just when it comes to just say a and then post it note with the answers.
Speaker 6: Because he knew half the time he would have to take it for them, so he was right there. Yet there's a few people. It wasn't just one.
Speaker 4: But I will say this, the questions back in the day were more unclear. Right now, like Chris just said, now, it's so obvious one answer. It's like, why are we even doing this? If you can read? If you can read you will ace this test every time. If you can't, you're in big trouble and you're probably in management.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you've noticed, but they don't like stop you from hitting the arrow.
Speaker 1: You can just kind of.
Speaker 3: Talk buzz buzz buzz.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Yeah, it's all just so corporations can cover their ass right and say they all went through training and we trained them all.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they don't. I'm just gonna outsource me taking the test of a different country.
Speaker 4: Well played, little Eclumny and little Economye, what's around the same team?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that? Yeah, we are on the same teach, believe. I don't think that's the first time he said that.
Speaker 4: No, more of what really matters after this the broken Lizard group, at least three fifths of them on their way in our buddy Eric Stolhanski one of them, of course, which is the best.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to see him.
Speaker 4: Initially at eight to fifteen. More of the powers to wanting to after this on the fans one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: All right, here's our guy, Justin Jeffson about the quarterback competition. How it's going.
Speaker 9: It's just all talk of ball at the end of the day, and right now we just don't know who's the number one guy. So it's just all about having communication and connection with both of the.
Speaker 4: Guys until for the notice.
Speaker 2: If it continues from what we're hearing it, I don't know. I'll be down to the day. I'll give you full report tomorrow. But if it continues to be not even a close race, you think by the end of the week we know who the starter is.
Speaker 6: I think if what was on Saturday continues into the pads, I think you are correct.
Speaker 3: I think they'll about your own situation right now.
Speaker 6: No, I know, I cleaned up. I'm good now, Okay, I don't feel as bad anymore. But yeah, I think you're correct.
Speaker 1: Talk. I think it'll because then it's just.
Speaker 3: It's at that point it's time to let the start to be the starter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, the fellas that are in the building, let's go look at this group, Look at this going on, look at this, Look at that guy back, yes, look at Eric, I get him every.
Speaker 2: Ready, all right, coming down in here, saying hello, and everybody having seats, sharing microphones, being superstars.
Speaker 4: Just no big deal, no big deal.
Speaker 3: I've seen those guys on giant screens.
Speaker 4: Before Stansky's rocking a wild shirt of course as well.
Speaker 1: It just is just he he just gets it.
Speaker 3: MIC's around everybody, buddy, Hey, look at you, Look at this.
Speaker 1: We'll take it man early, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Wow, everybody's Mike's on it.
Speaker 1: By letter by no, here we go. Good morning.
Speaker 4: All right, so Steve, Paul, and Eric three fifths of the Broken Lizard super Troopers crew in the building, including our buddy Eric Stohansky. Good morning, Hey guys.
Speaker 11: You guys have a history.
Speaker 1: Okay, we go away.
Speaker 11: You host sometimes, I.
Speaker 4: Hear well, co I'll come out as a guest, right, Yeah, I have sure hosted with through.
Speaker 10: So far that nine to twelve a couple of times. But I went on the case fan I come in is like I played the game initials, just talked to movies. These guys have been to our screening. What I love about Corus he liked the Danny DeVito scene and super Troopers.
Speaker 3: That's what you like about him.
Speaker 1: He's a cold bar low bar That's what I don't like about him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Eric was allowed to host twice, but all the racist terms and cursing just they wouldn't let him come back again.
Speaker 11: What happened Classic Minnesota?
Speaker 4: He's a wild card that way.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, guys, you guys, Yeah, how was the weekend in wrestling?
Speaker 3: And all of that did go?
Speaker 2: Why I'm over here, Hi guys, Hi, so you're back. Yeah, I run all the buttons, so if they make me mad, I turned their MIC's off.
Speaker 11: It was crazy. It was crazy, and we had done h some wrestling.
Speaker 14: Stuff before and it's just such a spectacle and it's it's just so crazy and.
Speaker 11: There's nothing that can prepare you for it.
Speaker 14: Forty thousand people screaming, it's crazy. He's almost speechless.
Speaker 11: I don't know what. I can't put it into words. There are no words.
Speaker 12: Well, well, you know, everything is massive, and there's a lot of pyro. It's very loud, and you know, there's a lot of there's a lot of muscle, and uh, it's there are a lot of surprises this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Max was telling us about it.
Speaker 2: Here is one of the guys here with us and just said the everybody seemed to just be on top of their game. And two nights of that completely sold out at a giant stadium like that. I mean this is this is wrestling Central, man, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, look, say say what you'll say about about WWE and professional wrestling. But when they bring out the ladders, like the ladder matches four ladders in that match, Yeah, it's like, that's no joke that the ladders don't know about the script. They're not trained actors or acrobats. There are people being thrown eight feet down on top of a ladder that's on its side, on their lower back.
Speaker 11: It is painful looking.
Speaker 14: I mean, I got to get a ladder at home to like get one of my stupid cats off the roof every week.
Speaker 11: And I pinch my hand in that thing every time, like wrestling.
Speaker 12: And fighting in that Yeah, and I imagine if your cat picked you up and threw you down on.
Speaker 11: The top of the top rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: Hey.
Speaker 4: Is it just me or is the promotion for Super Troopers three like exponentially more than number two. It seems like you guys are absolutely everywhere this time. I've seen you a million different places the last couple of weeks. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, the you know, the social media is an insidious place. So once we get into your algorithms, over for you.
Speaker 4: That's true, It takes you over the matrix.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean in the past, yeah, you do.
Speaker 14: We do radio and TV in the morning and then you do like a meet and greet screening at night. And now kind of that whole middle of the day is now filled with like content.
Speaker 4: Creation with.
Speaker 14: People who have big social media accounts, influencers, all that stuff. And so yeah, we're generating all this digital content for the first time, and I think that's why there's just there are posts going out all day every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you guys, I'm very jealous.
Speaker 4: You guys recently lived out one of my all time dreams, at least my nineteen year old self dream, because you guys a handful of what two three weeks ago, we're on stage with Limpis kids.
Speaker 3: I'm real.
Speaker 4: I can't believe how cool that was. It was fun, the crowd seemed to be totally into it. And so walk us through how that came to be. How you guys got to go on stage with limp. Well, I think Fred's a big fan of film. He uh is he directed a movie himself.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's done a.
Speaker 1: Couple of things.
Speaker 4: He guys really interested in movies.
Speaker 10: So we just had mutual connections to it and we reached out to him and he was interested in the idea of it. So we've been planning for a while and.
Speaker 11: You know, he's like, I want the guys to come on stage and do break stuff with us.
Speaker 14: And that was like, okay, We've done some things with bands where we come out and do a little routine or whatever. But he's like, no, no, if you're going to do this, you're going to perform with us. And you know, so now we're all like learning break stuff and we're like, wait a minute, Okay, Kap, there's a lot of words in this song, and then we do a whole routine we find drugs on them and all that stuff.
Speaker 11: But then.
Speaker 14: I was terrified of like, wait a minute, I got to go look like I'm kind of singing performing in front of twenty.
Speaker 11: Five thousand people.
Speaker 14: But then you get up there and you're like, when am I going to perform in front of twenty five thousand people? So then you know, I was like, God, I'd rather embarrass myself by getting way into it than like kind of just standing around looking stupid.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I had the sound check run through and he would come over in the microphone and put it up to your mouth, so like you kind of had another words.
Speaker 4: You like sing with him.
Speaker 3: That's the best.
Speaker 12: And then you know the crowd itself, like at some point they're supposed to you're hoping that they're going to figure out what's going on pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: But in this case, I don't know if people were like very stoned.
Speaker 3: Or but like they were giving us the finger all the way through.
Speaker 11: We were like, surely this bit, like, you know, we we stormed the stage.
Speaker 14: Hey there's been a noise complaint, we're shutting the show down. And you know, two thirds of the audists like, boom, give it is the finger, Like okay, I'm sure it'll take a second and they'll get what this is. And you know, now we're taking the mics and we're doing this dumb sketch and they're still like.
Speaker 11: Boo, get off the stay I do cops, come on and sign.
Speaker 12: The sign is still behind us super Troopers three.
Speaker 11: August seven. We're pointing to the gigantic sign. They're like, why are these cops there?
Speaker 1: Let them play. That's great.
Speaker 4: It was mildly terrifying, but had a great time.
Speaker 6: When you guys got together on this third one, and even you know, you did the first one, second one, and now this one. What was something that you guys have put together that is maybe one of your favorite scenes with all, like, of all three of them. What's something that you guys look back and go, man, that was a fun bit to do with whatever actor it was.
Speaker 12: I always think about, you know, working with Brian Cox. Uh, you know Brian Cox who plays Logan Roy on Succession. We had him as a much younger actor and Super Troopers one and as our you know, as our captain, and we were just getting to know this guy who was a classically trained actor who I don't think respected our lack of skill and you know Super Troupers too. He came back and you know, there was many years later. This was the one that was surprising that he came back for. And I'm just always happy to be in the same room with him. But I feel like he gets significantly more impatient with us as the years go by.
Speaker 11: He's getting tired of our stuff. He's getting because our level of professionals hasn't gone up at all, you know, and he's now, you know, he's a he's a big name actor.
Speaker 4: But you know he's all over place too, and he's exhausted. Sure, but it works for what we want from him, exactly what it's for him.
Speaker 12: We want him to be, you know, the your classic cinema police captain who just choose the guys out for doing the wrong thing. You know, you have Eddie Murphy and Beverly Hills cop, he's got his. Everybody's got a captain who yells at them, and so do we and ours is British.
Speaker 1: You got to introduce Mukes from SNL on this one as well.
Speaker 4: That dude's hilarious. It takes over. There's a rookie, which is yeah, girl mustache.
Speaker 14: You know what makes Stollhansky's role in this so fun is we were like, wait a minute, just logistically, this guy would could not still be a rookie. Like we're the same age now that Brian Cox was in the first movie. So like there has to have been somebody else hired after Rabbit after all these years, and so we were like, well, let's have fun with it, and let's have the joke be they would just kill Rabbit to have a younger guy, to have somebody else getting the kind of hazing attention and be a competitive foil to him, so that it makes for a very funny storyline for Rabbit.
Speaker 10: And he always played like the young roles at SNL. He's always so good at that young roule, so he's great in it again.
Speaker 3: Super Troopers three August seventh and theater.
Speaker 2: Steve, Paul and Eric are here, and a couple of things going back because we're all with I'm fifty five, going to be fifty six, so we're all about the same age, right, And that you guys met at Colgate University. And forgive me if any of this is wrong, correct me if I'm wrong about any of this stuff. But you come together as a comedy troupe in nineteen eighty nine. That's the year I graduated high school. So, like I said, I mean, from that moment when you guys are getting together establishing your kind of I don't know, comedy troupe. Even at that point, I guess you would probably call it. Did you have any idea that it was going to be something that would stick or was it a lark you were just doing for fun on the side.
Speaker 12: First, I'm going to correct you about one thing. So you invited us to do, please, do so please. We don't like to be called a comedy troop.
Speaker 3: Oh gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 4: We like to be called a comedy group group. It's much tougher.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. I'm gonna write that down because you know.
Speaker 11: Groups get groupies, but troops get troop eats.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not even sure what a troop is exactly.
Speaker 11: I know we're still looking for one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, no, I mean we uh, you know, like any if you're a kid in a garage band and you're a teenager, of course you have like teenage dreams of being really successful, and so, you know, is that's what we wanted.
Speaker 11: But I think we just at some point it was like we just.
Speaker 14: Will keep we get a little bit more success, a little bit more success, just enough to keep going, and we're always having so much fun that it just turned into this like, ay, let's just keep keep doing this and keep.
Speaker 2: Doing this, right, Like Steve, just for instance, what were you going to do if you weren't doing this? What was your plan in life or did you have one at that point?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: I had none, And I actually dropped out of college in my senior year, which caused me a great deal of stress. We you know, like we were just doing sketch comedy. And then I joined those guys in New York City. I lived in New York, so I was now staying with my parents, who were very disappointed in me. And Jane Kevin were you know, renting an apartment and so we talked about starting up the group again. But it was more just for fun.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like to make it.
Speaker 12: It was, hey, let's try to do this is New York City. Let's try to do it. And you know, maybe you're earn some money. I don't know, we all had. I worked at a record store, you know, buying rock and roll CDs for this record chain.
Speaker 4: Hah HMV.
Speaker 12: But then it, like, you know, it started to take off, like you saw the sort of the capitalist aspect of it, Like like we were given three Monday nights in this little bar down in the village that was the only place that would take us. And that first show, all of the recent graduates of Colgate University where we went showed up and just drank the place out of beer. And so at the end of the show, like all these empty beer bottles were all over the tables and the club extended us to Saturdays. Then they gave us like, you know, I think two months worth of saturdays, and then it was like the whole summer, and then after the next show, like the same thing kept happening. They wanted us to do like a two year contract or something like that, and so it was like, okay, well that now we know we can we have a place to perform and do all these sketches. And that was the nineties when independent film was starting to make its rise, and so that seemed like this thing that we had our eye on. Not I don't even know if it was a way to become famous or anything. It was just like, well, this is what people are trying to do. Who are you know who are following this path? So that's what we're going to try to do.
Speaker 10: We knew we weren't making money doing stage, and we knew that possibly we could make a living if we got it on the screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and were you doing any kind of improv or was it all written sketch comedy?
Speaker 3: And was super Troopers one of those sketches We.
Speaker 14: Tried a little improvit first, but like that's a very like specific skill set that we all just sucked at.
Speaker 11: And it was just there's still tape.
Speaker 14: There's still tape out there of us trying to do improv and just flailing. I mean, so you know, and we were guys who grew up on SNL and money Python, So for us, really what we loved was writing.
Speaker 11: Sketches, and you'd have these sketches.
Speaker 14: You do on stage, but then you had to film sketches so that you could change costumes between the live sketches.
Speaker 11: And then we just enjoyed those more and more and started building.
Speaker 14: Those out and did like a half an hour short film that went to some festivals, and then we did a first feature film called Puddle Cruiser, and yeah, it was adapting some of the concepts of sketches into the movies.
Speaker 11: But Supertroopers was never a sketch.
Speaker 14: It was just always kind of a series of like highway sketches because we were always doing road trips and always like seeing these crazy things or having these funny encounters on the road.
Speaker 11: And then so a bunch of those kind.
Speaker 14: Of sketches got kind of stuck into the first version of super Troopers.
Speaker 6: Do you guys remember your first sketch or bit that kind of hit for you and the crowd got into like do you remember when you guys maybe like a band, when they get a song that kind of hits.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that Soccer's and Plato?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Yeah, Heffrin and played Soccer's and Plato. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was in college.
Speaker 12: So I mean, you know, for our first college show was it was cool. We had like the first night was thirty people. The second night we were basically almost sold out. Third night they had to bring an extra chairs. In the fourth night they were turning people away.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 12: This I think at the center of it was a Socrates and Plato sketch, and then there was also a sketch that was more like you would only understand it if you went to Colgate. It was about like these guys who had taken over or the sorority that had taken over, like the evil fraternities chapel.
Speaker 4: But Socrates and Plato made it then like in New York City.
Speaker 12: We did it again in New York City, and then we did three more versions of it because it was it was popular. And then we actually have a film version of it that we've been trying to get made for our entire careers, which you know, we're going to try again.
Speaker 3: Back on the horse.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but it's about ancient Greece basically, and now with the success of the Odyssey, we can we're going to try to pitch it as a comedy version of the Odyssey in IMAX and let's go big, Eric.
Speaker 3: Eric, you've got to play a Calypso. I don't know if you've told you that or not, but that's your role and.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 7: I like I put that in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Clypso sounds good.
Speaker 11: That's Charlie's they wrote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm say.
Speaker 4: Sure, looks a little bit like it did work. I may have showed too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's our group, Charlie's they route.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you about women when.
Speaker 4: We come back, Eric, because you specifically said something about Super Troopers two about the casting, and I want to ask you if it was similar for Super Troopers three. Maybe you know what I'm gonna ask. I'll ask you after this more with the Broken Lizard guys, more of talk about super Troopers three, after this Power Trip Morning Joe on the vent from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Taco bell Our biggest only the morning