Speaker 1: Fan Aquarius Hoalm Services is your shot at four tickets to see Green Bay take on the Purple in early January, plus five hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars in game day cash.
Speaker 1: Register for your chance to win today on the Kfan contest page. It's KFE dot com slash furnace to enter today.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, Thank you, Zacho.
Speaker 4: Then Leaverer's over there, Farkers still there, Thomas as well, cast a thousands as we talk a lot of football today and of course you can do the news real quick. But Carson Wentz spoke to the gathered throng yesterday about why he didn't pull himself out.
Speaker 3: Of the game. They're in Los Angeles full time.
Speaker 5: I felt I can still help this team. You know, at the end of the day, I knew what I was signing up for. It wasn't like anyone's forcing me to go. I mean, this is my tenth here in the league. There's a lot bigger things in my life to worry about, so I wasn't gonna do anything that would beat that mental to my own health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what the news is, what's scheduled next, and I want to hit this so we make sure our sponsor knows we love them.
Speaker 1: This is KFA News with Chris Hockey prissented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Champions.
Speaker 3: Tell me where's thatcher.
Speaker 1: Junior MM two six dot com ticket single game ticket starting at just thirty nine dollars for the best hockey tournament in the world.
Speaker 3: That's right there, he goes. Could be fun.
Speaker 4: But even more fun is this conversation and how everybody's got their own opinions. And I've heard so many different things about it, So let's just dive right into it, if we if we don't mind, guys, well, we got so many football experts here. Carson Wentz stays in the game the most fascinating thing, and I don't think we've talked about it. Corey what dude's name, the color commentator guy for Kirk Kirk? Yeah, Herbstreet. Did you wanted you think of Kirk kind of calling Carson out about making faces and grimacing so much. He kind of just intimated that that's something a quarterback shouldn't do.
Speaker 3: Do we agree with that?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 3: What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: No? I actually did not hear any of these comments. Oh you did it? No?
Speaker 3: It am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Guys the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, during the game, and then a lot of people were like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, zach'skind of pull it up for us. But I can't wait for you to hear.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you guys didn't hear because he was very critical, saying a quarterback shouldn't be making those kind of faces out like he has.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed that he was dislocated shoulder and fractures.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Kirk wouldn't have made those comments if he had known there all these injuries. But I did find it really fascinating. Let me know when you get that, oh you go, please go ahead and play it.
Speaker 2: Tell you a thousand words or bel can be like three thousand words. Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Understand it's been a lot obviously a rough night and he hadn't had a lot of help.
Speaker 2: But to me, when you're when you're the captain of the ship, you're.
Speaker 7: The quarterback, you got to try to hold some of that emotion in. And I know he's frustrated and hurt, and he's hurt, but it's weak seven.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a long way to go.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's something that's just raw emotions, you know, he's put in the mixed matters that long helmet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's talking about when he threw his helmet on the you know, when he's coming off the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's less about I think, to defend Kirk a little bit, I think it's less about the injury and he thought it was. He thought he was showing emotion because he was frustrated with the protection and the just the way the performance of the team.
Speaker 2: That's the way, that's the way.
Speaker 9: I kind of understand that, and less about I think if you he really understood how much pain he was in, like physical pain he was in from his shoulder, I think you'd have a little bit more grace about him throwing his helmet. Either way, I actually dis I sort of still disagree with everything about about that. I understand that you you want your your unquote your leader to be more encouraging, a little bit more stoic, But I kind of like a lot of pisson vinegar out of out of players, you know, like especially when he's needed. Yeah, when it's needed. It's not like he's thrown his helmet in the after the first series. You know, he's not being a baby about it. It's like it's later in the game. Nothing's working. He's getting his he's getting his his butt pounded in, and he can't get he doesn't get any protection he wants.
Speaker 10: Tommy has eligibility, I know, and uh, late in the game, show that this isn't working.
Speaker 2: Guys, he's protecting I'm not happy.
Speaker 9: And then you throw on the fact that like his his arm, his shoulder is killing him. Then I have no problem with any player in that situation. Throwing your helmet shown some emotions. So, but how they should have pulled him.
Speaker 11: I mean, he with ten minutes to go in the game and he looks like he's a to roll over and die. You have to as a coach, you have to be the bigger person and tell your player you can't go.
Speaker 2: You're in a lot of pain.
Speaker 11: It just seemed to and they were not going to get better in that game with him playing quarterback. They weren't gonna come back and win. So to me, it was like, gosh, you gotta kind of read the room. And when he's coming off, there's a couple series in a row where he really showed his pain, not just his frustration at that At some point You're like, let's get him off the field. This is my belief as the coach, you're the bigger person to say he's injured.
Speaker 2: He's showing it. Let's just go to the broke.
Speaker 11: And that's not because I wanted to see Max Brosberg to see what he could do.
Speaker 2: He's just like, we're gonna cut our losses and move on.
Speaker 9: So my rebuttal to that is, do you are one player away from putting your injured quarterback in the game if Broseburg goes out there and he it's hurt, yeah, right, Because we've seen this. We've seen this a lot in the NFL. The backup quarterback gets in there and because of I don't know, I mean, I'm I'm a big believer that your body's got to be conditioned to play football and you don't get out there and get hit very often. Then you get hit, they come up GIMPI and they come up lame and they twist this, they roll that, they get hit on a pass play and next thing you know, there's an opportunity for your your emergency quarterback, I agree, has to go in the game in which you're trying to really nurse him back to one hundred percent health. I think that if if he can, if he can last through the pain, because the pain's gonna subside in his shoulder, and he can go out there and then and execute a minimal game plan because at that point, Brozemer or whoever, whoever it's going to be, you are just basically going to hand the ball off and have some short, quick passes.
Speaker 4: Can I I real quick? Guys look for clarification. I don't know the answer to this. If you bench Carson Wentz and then Bursemer comes in and gets hurt, you can't put Wentz back.
Speaker 9: In, of course again like you can. But I think if it's if it's because of injury, it look looks had I think, I think, ly, what's that going.
Speaker 2: To look like?
Speaker 6: Because I think in that situation, this is my opinion, but you if you take went out, he's out out right and he can't he can't come back in, you would label No.
Speaker 12: I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's like I don't think it's like a picture in baseball.
Speaker 2: I think that he can go back again. But yeah, it sounds crazy.
Speaker 11: Ben, who's the who's the guy that threw the half the half back pass?
Speaker 2: Against in London.
Speaker 11: The running back can Maker cam Makers comes in and plays quarterback the last five minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's that would be better than putting JJ out there, and that's what they would do.
Speaker 11: I remember growing up watching the Chicago Bears that they had their forced put Walter Payton at quarterback for the last of the four and it's just like, what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Like that they would have had he won the Super Bowl struggle? Come on, man, it was a tough situation to watch. But the thing is okay.
Speaker 9: So even if you even if you go to Plan D or E and you just buy it, pass plan C at quarterback either way, we because we don't know, like how Brozemer potentially gets injured.
Speaker 2: Well what if he's injured for several weeks? No, I agree, Well, then all of.
Speaker 9: A sudden, now you feel like JJ is on a path to start, so he starts this Lions game.
Speaker 2: Then you don't have a backup quarterback back at all.
Speaker 11: You would have gone out and found someone. But yes, I agree, I don't there's no one else.
Speaker 9: John Wolford comes in and he's a backup quarterback for this.
Speaker 2: And I am what he doesn't get hurt.
Speaker 3: H I love it. Keep going.
Speaker 9: Come on, yeah, you think there's a controversy or I think that that happens in that moment.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're there.
Speaker 8: I think this is illogical, But there were a lot of there were a lot of people on Twitter going, are the Vikings afraid to let bros sing because they don't want JJ to look bad?
Speaker 2: I don't. I mean, it's preposterous.
Speaker 8: If we had a party moment to Trey Lance, right, if you had Brozmer come in and just light it up, that's.
Speaker 2: Great news for the Vikings, fantastic.
Speaker 8: They would be thrilled if they found their franchise quarterback in Brosemer. It doesn't have to be McCarthy. They want one of them, hopefully McCarthy, to be the guy. I don't think they would be like, oh god, we can't let Max be good.
Speaker 2: The past to protect Bromer.
Speaker 11: I honestly think the way that the Rams in that offensive line couldn't protect Wentz, they weren't going to protect Brosmer. And I think to your point, it wasn't a It was a little bit about the longevity of like the season and having a strong backup.
Speaker 2: They probably knew even going in the game.
Speaker 11: It was going to be a struggle to get Carson Wentz to complete the seventeen game schedule with them. They're hoping he could, but when they couldn't protect him, it was gonna be tough for any quarterback, Cam Makers, Max Brosmer, whoever to to stay upright and not get injured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we don't know anything about either of what we have seven quarters with JJ and we don't have anything with brows, Like, why not just try it? That was my whole thought. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I he better be.
Speaker 2: Ready this week. I'll tell you that. I mean, I mean, never know. It's a tough place to play too. This would be tough, totally, totally.
Speaker 9: Oh, this is gonna be This is gonna be the really difficult Did.
Speaker 11: Anyone did anyone pick the Lions and pick them in the challenge?
Speaker 6: I'm out saying talking to the wrong room, hogs Daddy, and I remember picked, I did not, Benjamin.
Speaker 8: The stat on ESPN about fifteen minutes ago, was it? You know, the Lions are somewhere around eight and a half point favorites. According to the ESPN, only ten percent of the money is on the Vikings. Yeah, ten percent of bets, I should say, not necessarily the money.
Speaker 2: Ten percent of the bets are on the Vikings either ninety percent. Yeah, not around Detroit.
Speaker 6: I think Nor said the last time they won as a eight and a half point dog or higher was the game you guys played that Tuesday night in Philly. I think that's the last time the Vikings have won is an eight point underdog or more.
Speaker 2: It's hard. Yeah, that big of a dog.
Speaker 9: Yes, I know we'll have some time to talk about it at seven forty, but I mean it is. This has to be If the Vikings want to win this game, then I'm not even talking about just bets here. If they want to win the game, He's getting his butt pounded in.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so glad. I'm so glad that that was clipped up. Just played again.
Speaker 9: I will this has to be the best game that they played all year, Like for every single phase. I mean, we have like all the things that we go into every game with and are like, well, if we could just do this, and if we just do that, like we have to put it all together and we have to hope that they play a subpar game in some of those areas as well, so like it almost has to be the perfect star. I'm not saying that it's not possible, but this has to be a level of offense and defense and special teams that we haven't seen.
Speaker 2: Right, a couple of things quickly.
Speaker 8: Number one time you got to go right all right, Tommy, you're the best scene.
Speaker 2: Next week, t O is the best.
Speaker 8: Number two, you're absolutely trucking flash this year in bets, right, what's the bet this again?
Speaker 11: This week we struggle the fine one. I try to get Ben to take Kansas State. The mid game this week is Vanderbilt is at Texas Texas minus two and a half. I stayed away from that game. I'd love to see Vanderbilt go on the road and get another big win, and I hope that happens.
Speaker 2: But most of the money's on Texas.
Speaker 11: But we are going to agree on College game Day is going to Utah for a nine to fifteen pm kick on ESPN. Cincinnati, which is a team that's really been strong outside of that opening weekend loss to Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Great quarterback.
Speaker 11: They're out there running back so that that point spread has moved quite a bit, or he's questionable in Utah, just put a beat down on Colorado last week. I think Sauce is a minus seven and a half. Utah is hosting Cincinnati. A corre Ben's taking Utah minus seven and a half. I'm taking Cincinnati plus seven and a half. And outside of that, no one. I couldn't get anyone to take a look at the U A. Dina minus six and a half at Forest Lake game. And of course, and of course Minnetaka hosting minus nineteen and.
Speaker 2: A half versus Prior Lake. No one wanted that. And the other big bet, which I think really is exciting.
Speaker 11: A six seed more Head at number two seed Woodbury kind of out in the east side of the city. Morehead minus nineteen and a half road favorites at Woodbury High School football.
Speaker 3: That is the longest possible.
Speaker 2: It's five hours.
Speaker 9: Then your hands up, yeah, real quick, since we're talking to high school real quick. I want to say a huge shout out to my daughter and her Beanila volleyball team.
Speaker 2: They won their section final last night. They're headed to Stay.
Speaker 9: They went today with a packed house, awesome environment, I mean, the coolest environment for for high school volleyball, and they beat them in three straight sets. So congratulations to them.
Speaker 2: Right on.
Speaker 8: All right, Flash Tommy, thanks Scott Hanging. I shouldn't say flash, Tommy, I should say flash with a long pause, and then Tommy Elston and uh yeah, so also do sports after this power to money showing the fan.
Speaker 4: Hi, welcome back to Forby. It's a Powtry morning show. Oh there's a Ben Lever. Hi, Ben, Hi, are you ready for some sports?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know you love it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by all Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor Sauce.
Speaker 2: Sauce, do something.
Speaker 6: We're doing Vikings news next. But they battle the Lions in Detroit at noon pregame at ten. They are an eight and a half point underdog.
Speaker 2: Ben. We'll talk about this in a second, but why not just do it now?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: We mentioned it yesterday.
Speaker 8: The Lions have never beaten the Viking six straight times.
Speaker 2: Jude.
Speaker 8: If they went on Sunday, this would be their sixth straight win against Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: See that sound, Sauce, that's what That's what you and Kel's could be for Halloween.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Turn around just like Taylor, Just like Taylor. Right now, See there's there's Louis. Yeah, he's wearing a hot costume, and you guys could be Ketchup and Mustard and just make that sound all the time.
Speaker 8: We probably if you, if you and kell are going to be Ketchup and Mustard, which one is which?
Speaker 2: And why? I would probably don't you normally say? Good question. A lot of people will be they need it. I think it's a good question. I think that was a good question. Which one of you would be Ketchup and which one of you would be Mustard? Good question. A lot of people are asking that.
Speaker 3: Oh wait here comes Mayo.
Speaker 2: Hi Tommy, Oh Tommy, Toby.
Speaker 8: Shouldn't you be sauce of some kind, like barbecue sauce?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think you put that on hot dog. Louis doesn't know he's nine months old. He's ten months today. Sorry, it wasn't counting.
Speaker 6: It's Louis. Oh whatever. What's Harrison going as for Halloween?
Speaker 2: Why would I learn other people's kids' names because you've worked with me for twenty years? Oh there is that? God, the bits are great, Yeah, NonStop. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would probably be Mustard because my lovely wife doesn't like mustard?
Speaker 2: Does she like ketchup? Yeah? She puts ketchup on a hot dog. Yeah, yeah, right, she does.
Speaker 3: She's so bad.
Speaker 2: Really well, yeah, that really is Well it's his wife, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm seeing her naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah for me, seeing Hawk naked is just returning the favor. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Full circles. Yeah, now I think we have to complete the circle. And now Kel has to see you naked. Oh wow, we're talking about it. I just said that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: She's seen me naked. Circle is complete. But but and Bar.
Speaker 6: Starts at the Ravens at the Dolphins tonight. Oh, the Ravens are seven and a half point favorites and they will have Lamar Lamar.
Speaker 2: We talked about this a lot this week, Benjamin.
Speaker 8: But it's pretty crazy that a two and five team is favored to win their division. Yeah, that's how easy the schedule is, and obviously that's how good they are once they get healthy. They are, by most people's of opinions, a Super Bowl contender when they're healthy. So it's crazy that a two and five team is still favored to win the division.
Speaker 6: They're early are three and a half point favorites against the Vikings.
Speaker 2: It's not even like a controversial take.
Speaker 9: No, like I think everybody in the in the NFL world looks at their the division and their schedule, and they look at their talent, they're like, yeah, when they're healthy and they're rolling, they're one of the top five six teams in the league, So why wouldn't they win their division.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna look back at this season. There's gonna be a lot of things we're gonna remember. But that schedule has been torture. Our schedule, Yeah, yeah, it's it's even worse than we thought it was going to be.
Speaker 6: Well, it's gonna get worse too. Somebody, was it Pa or Nordo yesterday said that they've had the easiest schedule up until now, and then the rest of it is the toughest schedule left.
Speaker 8: I think Chris is not talking about necessarily the difficulty, but the the double travel London Thursday night to la Yeah, just in general.
Speaker 3: It was harder than we even spent dangers, made it.
Speaker 2: Worse, made it way way worse. Gosh, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I feel like I haven't been home in a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you've been with my dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is kind of home for me.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet.
Speaker 3: It is a sweet thing. That I think about it. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the thing is, yeah, why I thought, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a jiggalo. Whatever wants he's a jig sounds a juggalo, you know.
Speaker 9: I thought because of the the traveled to the UK and this the quick wrap around to l A, I felt like, all right, our schedule sort of frontloaded with all these away games, and then you look at the remains schedule.
Speaker 2: It's really not it's not. It's not all we got.
Speaker 9: We we have the game this weekend in Detroit, and then we are home for two, and then it's Green Bay, and then it's the long trip to Seattle that's always a tough one, washing Washington. Then we go to Dallas, then two back to back trips again to Dallas and New York, and then we finally finish up with two home games.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 9: It really doesn't get any easier from a travel schedule, and it certainly doesn't get easier from a talent's you know standpoint. I mean a lot of these teams now I think I think the Bears right are better, way, way way better than they were week one. The packers are the packers. They're rolling, they're they're a top two or three team in the league. Seattle is going to be a tough that's always. I don't even care if it's Gino or somebody else. I don't care if it's Matt Flynn that we're playing out in Seattle. Playing at Seattle is going to be a tough game. The Commanders when they're healthy, probably at top twelve team.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 9: And then the Cowboys right now, I mean when I heard Brian Schottenheimer wants to he wants to, you know, sort of tamp down a little bit of all this love that they're getting offensively because their statistics and he's trying to say like they haven't done anything yet. It's true, I mean, when he keep these guys focused, but when their offense is rolling, that's that is the number one offense in the league. So yeah, yeah, yeah, and again, and then the Giants will be tough because it's you know, they've they've got some excitement building there. And then we have the two division games to close out at home. I mean, thankfully we eat them at home.
Speaker 6: But and one's on Christmas just to get really bad, well yeah it could.
Speaker 9: But again, I'm you know, not a you know, super strong take, but one that I all agree with, Corey, because I've heard you talk about it all week long, and it's something that that you and I have believed in from the very get go. If we can play competitive, I'm less concerned about the wins and losses, and I'm more concerned about the wins that.
Speaker 2: We see out JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 9: If we feel like at the end of the season we are a five win team, but we feel like we potentially could have a second year like a Drake may or somebody something similar where we found our guy, Like, let's start, let's start building this foundation with this new quarterback that we know is going to be around for the next ten years. That to me is a successful twenty twenty five give given all all of the injuries, and given all the ups and downs, and given all the it seems like we don't have a lot of hope when it comes to the short term. If you forecast this thing out long term and we feel like we've got a quarterback, it's one hundred percent winning season.
Speaker 8: And you can say, you know, the players that are at the end of their careers, like the Harrison Smiths, we don't know how much time Adam Peeland has left guys like that that wanted to come back and make one or two more runs at this Yeah, they don't want a five win season. That's not a win for them, but for the long term fans that are in this to see in the actual super Bowl at some point, that's the main goal.
Speaker 2: That's the goal.
Speaker 9: Quarterback. Yeah, that's the goal. And the thing is again, to reference a guy like Drake May, the window doesn't have to be now. I'm just predicting that McCarthy picks it up, he learns a ton. We see so many flashes of brilliance that it doesn't have to be like, oh we got to wait year five, six and seven for him to take off. We can put together a winning competitive football team and a championship level football team in year two of him starting. So year three of his professional career, it could start that early as long as we see what we see this year.
Speaker 8: Do you know Drake May is third right now for MVP odds according to DraftKings, It's Mahomes one, Josh Allen two, Drake May three.
Speaker 3: Where's the running back from Indy?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 8: He is tied for seventh, So it goes Mahomes won, Alan Twobs, Drake May three, Stafford four, Baker five.
Speaker 2: Ready for this one?
Speaker 8: I think we can all guess Daniel Jones six man nuts.
Speaker 2: How about the Colts having six and seven?
Speaker 8: Yeah, then Jordan Love and Jonathan Taylor are tied at seventh. But uh, I mean, we talked about Darnold, we talked about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: But sneakily, Daniel Jones just walks right out the door.
Speaker 8: And I don't think anybody was screaming to bring Daniel Jones back killing it.
Speaker 2: It's hard. Terrible, Yeah, terrible, terrible. Now he's killing it all right. That was kind of Viking snake. That was good. Yeah, this is the power hip money too. On the fan, kf AN.
Speaker 1: Welcomes Trans Siberian Orchestra for two amazing shows at Target Center on December twenty eighth at three pm and seven thirty pm. Tickets are on sale now'll get the complete show details, including a link to buy tickets at KFA dot com.
Speaker 8: Keyword calendar, Hey on air production medium, Yes, Sir Tom Pillasaro at a twenty right.
Speaker 3: That is correct at eight twenty and then gard after forty yep, right.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be fine, man, Yeah, that'll be awesome.
Speaker 2: Grenard's on the old injury report.
Speaker 3: Yeah ankle yeah, limited yeah, limited yeahah limited yep, and they said ankle yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I believe so yeah.
Speaker 8: Now weird do don't They normally not necessarily let people talk when they're on the injury report.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know, because he'd been busy all week so far, and they've been trying to get him on for selves, wondering if I might get an email or text saying it couldn't happen today, But I have gotten nothing about that.
Speaker 8: It's like it's one of those weird things like if we go, hey, how's your ankle, and you're like, great, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know nothing.
Speaker 8: Are we gonna get somebody in trouble by him saying something that he shouldn't be saying about his own health.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this works. Oh hey, look, we just.
Speaker 8: Asked the questions, and if he puts himself in a bad spot, it's his problem, not ours.
Speaker 2: Last time we were gonna ask, well, were you gonna ask him.
Speaker 8: About toilets or something or no, trapping in a bedpan?
Speaker 4: By the way, let's just let's just say it like it is. He did not call in. Yeah, so let's maybe not talk. I mean you could ask him that about don't preview it because that might keep him from picking up the phone.
Speaker 8: But he's gonna get in less trouble if we asked him about using a bedpan, as opposed to what's your status for Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's Pat Kesler. Is that a good question?
Speaker 2: That's a disgrace. I agree, Wow, that's I'm very friendly.
Speaker 3: Where are you right now?
Speaker 2: Pat? I'm on the beach? Brother? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: You gotta let me ask the questions because I know the answers. I don't. I don't have one.
Speaker 1: Should should go to the beach?
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. Thanks.
Speaker 3: No, he's saying it's cold outside. You're saying you shouldn't. I'm sorry, I see it now?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Is that I asked that question again?
Speaker 2: Should go to the beach?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't go in there?
Speaker 3: This is hold on, big. What do you have to say to Tommy?
Speaker 2: Don't no, no, no, don't go in there?
Speaker 1: Actually, what is Fargo?
Speaker 2: What should he tell Fargo? Is he's in the elevator with Tommy.
Speaker 6: Turn around, he's coming right at you.
Speaker 3: Mister Kessler, get him on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm worried that he doesn't like us.
Speaker 2: I've asked him like three times and he's always out.
Speaker 3: Of town, and I'm worried he doesn't like us.
Speaker 8: I'm just I think he doesn't want that smoke. I think he's afraid that. He's a very smart guy. He's an intelligent guy. I don't think he wants to get smoked by you guys. At initials that he was afraid to look dumb. Yeah, yeah, man, he doesn't want this smoke. Look at sauce over there. He play a sauce.
Speaker 2: I'm not smart. That's a disgrace. Oh thanks Dad.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I believe it's time for Vikings News, and as you mentioned, Corey, we will have not only dot Com Tom Pallisero, but we'll have Jonathan Grenard.
Speaker 3: We believe next hour.
Speaker 8: Uh, the Detroit Lions Vikings News brought to you by Radcoe.
Speaker 2: Thanks rad Co Go Budy, It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 3: By Ray Goes Sure Truck.
Speaker 2: Have it your way, baby.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Detroit Lions of play three home games in twenty twenty five. Ben Leber.
Speaker 8: They beat Chicago by thirty one. Yeah, they beat Cleveland by twenty four. They beat a pretty good Tampa Bay team by fifteen. So two touchdowns or more all three home games. Jared Goff this year in terms of margin of victory. Jared Goff this year fifteen touchdowns, three interceptions. You know, we just went through the top, what seven or eight MVP names. How about a five and two squad with a five to one touchdown to interception ratio. I mean, Goss's just quietly killing it. Nobody seems to care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen touchdowns, three picks. Take that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's it's pretty remarkable what they can do offensively. I mean we all know that there's creativity. You got to be alert for everything. There's pre snap motions, there's shifts, and those shifts aren't just like regular like a tight en hot motions over and like oh this is the running back Mike. They will go full on tackle over. I mean they'll have Pina's seoul that will just like hop over and play you know the left side tight end spot and then you know, run a play there and it actually might just be like a cutback run play, but they get you. They get you defensively to think about so much. And then oh, by the way, they're not afraid in the first quarter to run a hook and ladder, you know. So there's creativity, there's speed, there's efficiency. I mean, you look at the way that Goff is playing, and he does get the ball out and it's just he knows, he's so precise about where he's going to go with the football, and he sees the field so well. It's really hard to cover all of the receivers as they go out in the routes, and so it is it's going to be about not getting frustrated handling that first wave in that first quarter. But then the other part of it is they are pretty relentless. I mean, I believe that they are fourth in the league in fourth quarter points scored. They score over ten points a game in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: Wow, So.
Speaker 9: They just put the hammer down. I mean, they step on the accelerator. They don't ever let up punt. They don't punt. They're gonna go for it on fourth down no matter where they are in the field. And so offensively they're a juggernaut and GoF is doing a great job. I would say that I think the issues that we have defensively. If we don't fix those immediately, it's gonna be a long day for our defense because what we haven't done is get any pressure on the inside, and that is to me, one of the biggest things to get Jared Goff flustered is if we can get inside pressure in those A and B gaps and actually flush him outside.
Speaker 2: Unlike Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 9: And Justin Herbert, like, we didn't want those guys going outside the pocket because they do so much damage.
Speaker 2: They're so creative.
Speaker 9: You get secondary routes by the receivers and they get those guys open.
Speaker 2: That was the killer.
Speaker 9: Plus they can run. Jared Goff's not like that, and we actually want him to get outside the pocket and get flustered and have to make decisions off platform. The one problem is we haven't proven that we can provide that pressure. And Sech well, how much does this help?
Speaker 8: Because the full participant yesterday that we're on the injury report, Christian Darisol full participant. That doesn't necessarily help what you just said. JJ McCarthy of course took all the first team snaps. But how about Andrew van Ginkel. Looks like he's trending the right way, full participant yesterday in practice. Do you expect expect him to play on Sunday? Is that the word on the street? Is that the vibe or what I do now?
Speaker 9: You know, I mean, this is the most positive news that we've seen from him. And you know, I had heard about the play that he got injured on, but I don't know if you guys saw it. No, I mean it's actually I forget who posted and they found the actual play where he got up ended and fell on.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is. It's remarkable how high he jumps in the air. So basically.
Speaker 9: He jumps in the air against the Bears, I believe, and he's trying to block a pass. He may actually even tipped it, and the running back cuts his legs out and he literally legit falls on top of his head, like straight on top of his head. So he was you know, there's like a concussion issue that they're dealing with along with a neck injury that sort of just got reaggravated. So based on the way that he got injured, I understand why he's been out. I mean, that's that's a tricky situation. You got all the weight falling on the top of your head. I'm surprised he didn't actually damage his neck even further, but it's great positive news that he's listed on the injury report the way he is. And you know, I'm sure that they're probably going to put some sort of you know, red vest, protective vest. Even if they go somewhat somewhat live live this week to get ready, he will be protected. They'll probably keep his head out of a lot of stuff. So I would imagine that as long as lower body's good and he's feeling in shape, and you know, hopefully he can give us a full game and not be on a total pitch count.
Speaker 2: But yeah, things are looking good for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, he did a great job bringing that down. He did speak to the media yesterday and kind of talked about that that injury and I think.
Speaker 2: You actually get saveriafy I landed on my head.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know that also kind of reaggravated the pnatic and you know, it's just a it's been a long process, and you know, I've been careful with how I've been able to handle this and going through the motions of you know, progressing well so I can get back on the field and you know, help this.
Speaker 4: Team win, And they asked him specifically about how the rest of his body's feeling if he's ready to go.
Speaker 2: I feel really good with where I'm at.
Speaker 12: You know, I've been able to practice in a limited role in the past couple of weeks and been able to just ramp it up and being able to get back on the field, get some team reps in and it's really it's been a great progression.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm just gonna I'm totally I want to know, I'm totally speculating here only from a guy that has had some some neck issues. It's challenging, you know, especially if if his protocol involves some sort of epidural which have had several it you know, you do need time for that for that medicine to work. And the worst thing, the last thing you want to do is go out there and you know, throw your head around, especially when you're dealing with a concussion. Now I never had a concussion along with the neck issues, but it's like it is a tricky thing because it's sometimes it's nerve related, and anybody that's had a nerve issue, it takes a long time for that nerve, not only for those discs in that area to kind of calm down, but also when it's pressing against nerves that are like you need nerve function for it to have your muscles and your body to function in a way that's going to keep you safe and be productive. So I understand that it's a it's a tricky injury if it's something similar that that I've kind of dealt with. So I'm glad to see he's been out there, he's been getting some work in practice, and so hopefully, you know, we've seen a lot of these guys come back.
Speaker 2: But I'm being on pitch count.
Speaker 9: It seems like what he's saying that he is ramping up into a full capacity. So I'm hoping that he can give us, you know, all sixty sixty five snaps.
Speaker 2: No sauce.
Speaker 8: This is something you struggled with because you once got tech neck because you were doom scrolling looking for Harbon news on Twitter and you hurt your neck. You are correct, did you get an epidural? What was that timeline? Like, what was that process of recovery?
Speaker 2: It was tough.
Speaker 6: Uh, my neck hurt real bad and it was shooting lightning pain down my right arm. And once I got some good drugs, I just laid on the couch for like twenty four hours. What kind of drugs did you get? An epidural? No?
Speaker 13: I got steroids? Yeah, sonoy give roids anymore? Wow, you can't get stid You didn't give those to Chris? Can't I ever talk?
Speaker 2: Why can't you give those to Chris?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: Not like muscly steroids, the sleepy steroids. Yeah, not the muscly ones, musty babes. Can you tell them apart mustly babes? What hug? It's one of his top I think that might be one of his top choices. Yeah, yeah, I just got the rigular steroids whatever they are.
Speaker 8: You ever hear somebody like Andrew van Gego complain about his neck and you basically just say, hold my beer and then you tell him about your forty.
Speaker 2: Two and a half You what is forty two or forty three years on the planet. I'm just saying he does that with cries? Yeah I do.
Speaker 6: I go, Yeah, creesyl, lookout, look what I have to deal with. I know I'm the boy you cried wolf. That's the most pain I've ever been into.
Speaker 2: My entire life. It was hideous. Hys Paine, I see nothing but nice things about you. Yeah, did you take steroids for the other pain?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I went to he had grape apest Yeah, yeah, yeah about eighty four dosi. This is yourmony? Oh god, rosies here? Yeah. Oh he's picking up the tab yeah, go on Vikings Yeah what yeah? What else?
Speaker 9: I mean, the thing is like, okay, let's let's uh, let's look at this from I mean, the thing is there is hope that we can, you know, we can be competitive and win this game. I mean you look at you look at our offensive line. Thankfully, I think we're all going to be accounted for outside of Ryan Kelly, I believe if that's correct. I mean that's huge, right, you know, my one of my biggest, the biggest things I'm watching outside. I mean, everybody's watching how Marcarthy is going to play. But this is the thing that I want to see and I'm hoping, hoping that he has learned from just watching the game from the sideline, is that yes, you you want to be in system. I understand that he wants to do what Koc wants him to do, that we want this to be a big play offense, but understand that there's there's always going to be an outlet. And again, checkdowns are a win. They're not the sexy win. But we have guys much like the Detroit offense. So much of their big plays come yards after catch. You know, you don't see Jared Goff a lot of times just wind up and chuck it down the field to William's you know, fifty yards down the field, and they're hoping for a big play. They just sort of murder you by hitting you know, short intermediate routes and letting their guys go to work. So having this ability to check down, always know where your outlets are, I think that's going to be huge for him. And then secondarily, and I just mentioned it with Herbert and Hertz, Dude, you're you're an athletic guy. If you break the pocket, that doesn't mean that you have to break the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Buy some time.
Speaker 9: Understand how difficult it is for our defensive backs to have to cover these guys in a scramble route situation. When they get they get second chance routes to run. Do the same thing for our guys break outside the pocket. Buy some time, allow these guys to pivot fine, open grass, your eyes open, and just deliver the ball, just like these other quarterbacks have done to our defense. I know it's not within the scheme of the offense, but it's productive and it's deadly if we can do that to this defense, which they're getting some guys healthy back in their secondary. I get all that they're getting their linebacker healthy. We just saw Aiden Hutchinson got paid. He's gonna be extra motivated. I know this is going to be a formidable defense. But it's not like they're unstoppable. I mean, they're allowed to make mistakes, they're allowed to get down on themselves. They're allowed to be frustrated as well. Can you imagine if he goes in there and starts picking apart this defense, how frustrated that they're going to be with themselves, that this young quarterback in his third start is picking them apart like he can do that.
Speaker 4: I would love to see him play well and have command of the offense and make some decisions that look like they were his decision, if you know what I mean. I would also like to see a kickoff return without a penalty. Yeah, and I would also like to see a clean catch every time that is not reviewed and gone the wrong. I just I want to see a regular football game with a quarterback who looks like we have a possibility for a future.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I'd love to see a win.
Speaker 6: I'd like to see about three or four first downs in a row, just to good drive. Just get the ball, move down the even if you kick a field.
Speaker 8: Goal, don't go three and out on that. Whenever you get the ball, don't go three and out on your FA like to see the deaf tones at halftime.
Speaker 2: I would like to see you go to kindness camp. Where is that? What kind of activities are we doing? Learning how to be nice to people? The whole time? Is their team building? Yeah? Like what, calm down? You're on camera. We can all see that.
Speaker 3: That's more of a risk building exercise.
Speaker 2: I would like to see Will Reiker and not have to battle with circus of the stars above his head every game. Yeah, that's an illusion. Kirk Cameron on a tight rope.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if I see a penalty on a pump return or a kickoff return again, I'm going to throw up in.
Speaker 2: The You're gonna be I am?
Speaker 8: I was going through the checkout yesterday at Target while the kiddle was at gymnastics, and I heard security come over in the self checkout line and the get you know, I have one person from Target monitoring the whole area. She called security over because I guess it had happened while my back was turned. Somebody puked in the trash can of the self checkout lanes and they had to call security over. That's when you say, ros, what am I doing?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Gross, I'm just trying to watch people check out and now I'm dodging puke.
Speaker 2: Bullets threw up in the trash can. That's that's not The bathroom's fifteen feet away.
Speaker 3: I'm just coming out.
Speaker 2: Puked in the trash can. At least they made it to the trash can. Yeah, that's good. Yeah, the word puke pukes gross.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sure is strong. Take thank you, uh Tom Pella Sero. In like fifteen minutes, Jonathan Grenard later Ben Leeber is here.
Speaker 2: This is the power tro money you all the things