Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 3: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Here we go again. We're going to running back.
Speaker 3: To get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: It wasn't pretty, but the Dodgers got it done. They snapped their seven game losing streak with a two to one win over the Arizona Diamondbacks in ten innings. Tonight, Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse live at Chase Field. We have phone lines wide open. I'm talking to you kenan Newport Beach. You had a lot to say last night. Where are you at tonight as the Dodgers snap that seven game losing streak and win their seventieth game of the season. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I still don't know how the Diamondbacks did not win this game after back to back triples from Heroldo Perdomo and Corbin Carrol in the ninth inning with nobody out. Carol was at third base. He's the fastest runner in Major League Baseball, and all Arizona needed to do was get the ball anywhere in the outfield. He tags up and likely scores. Even with the outfield drawn in for the Dodgers, even maybe a ground ball, you know, a slow ground ball to the right side possibly gets him in. But somehow, some way, at that point in time, Edwin Diaz just competed his way out of there without his slider, because that was the issue.
Speaker 1: Again. Tonight his his going his going back.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back to even when Edwin Diaz was pitching for the Mets and there was a game in the last don't know, three or four years that the Dodgers came back and walked off the Mets with Diaz on the mound. And I remember talking to some of the Dodger hitters that night and I said, how did you do that against Edwin Diaz? And they told me he didn't have a slider, And when he doesn't have a slider, you could sit fastball. And tonight, last night, and this entire season, Edwin Diaz just has not had the feel for his slider. So the Diamondbacks, Heraldo Perdomo and Corbyn Carroll jumped all over that back to back triples. They hit it in the perfect spot here at Chase Field. That is very much a big outfield that can lead to triples, back to back triples.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen that in.
Speaker 2: A long time. I know I haven't seen that ever. But that was the case in the ninth inning. On top of all that, so with the winning run ninety feet away, Edwin Diaz had to dig down and compete. Forget about finding the feel for his slider. He was fortunate Gabrielle Moreno hit a line drive right at Max Munsey, and kudos to the Dodgers positioning because there were a lot of hard hit balls tonight that were hit right at infielders Mookie Bets, Tommy Edmund. Max Munsey positioned perfectly to tell Marte pops up to Mookie Bets for the second out. Dave Roberts decides to walk now Bar intentionally, and then Edwin Diaz strikes out Vargas on a fastball. He did not have the slider, so even though he blew the safe, he did not blow the game. And I think that's the biggest thing here. This guy is one of the best closers the last three or four years, and to see him take it personal and didn't like being embarrassed last night or tonight or this entire season. For him to just say, you know what, I'm rearing back and I'm going to compete, and that's exactly how he got out of that ninth inning. The Diamondbacks, I mean, I don't know how they're going to sleep tonight. They left fifteen runners on base tonight. They were just two for sixteen with runners in scoring position, And as far as the game goes overall, the Dodger offense still still not where it needs to be, but hopefully a win like tonight gets it going in the right direction, because in the eighth inning, the Dodgers should have scored more runs after Tucker's home run. They had runners at first and second with one out. Otani and Pahz swung at ball four at least three times each during their at bat, so that was a prime example of the Dodgers' quality of at bats tonight being subpar. And if you look at the Dodger offense, overall, this is an incredible, incredible stat. Every single one of their hits during the last eight games has either been a single or a home run, nothing in between. No doubles, no triples, either a single or a home run, including tonight. Now the Dodgers in their last eight games thirty three singles, eight home runs.
Speaker 1: That's hard to do.
Speaker 2: One of the guys with the home runs was Kyle Tucker in the eighth inning.
Speaker 1: We caught up with him after the game tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels great.
Speaker 5: I mean we haven't played our best brand of baseball lately, but yeah, this long season stuff happens. You know, glad to get get back in the win column and you know, keep moving forward from beer.
Speaker 1: Can you take us through the tenth inning?
Speaker 2: Obviously there was some good base running, opportunistic base running.
Speaker 1: It's not a conventional.
Speaker 2: Way to win, but I guess you have to do whatever you can at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just got to try and take advantage of, you know, whatever the other team gives you and just keep keep on trucking. I mean, right there, just you know, two outsret there, I'm on second, Fetti drawing a great walk out there, and you know, show being able to get that single right there was huge. So then Jack coming in obviously at the at the end right there and pulling it down and getting that huge double play at the end to you know, secure the wind was was amazing.
Speaker 2: What was the feeling in the dugout and going through this game?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: I mean, so if we've been we've been grinding lately, just trying to continue to keep pushing forward, keep keep grinding through the season, just trying to put up some competitive bats. I mean, they got a good pitching staff, a good bullpen and everything, so it.
Speaker 4: Can be tough at times. But you know, we just got to.
Speaker 5: Keep confidencing ourselves and just go try and play a little bit better brand baseball than we have done.
Speaker 2: All right, tonight's the start of a new winning streak. Thanks a lot for stopping yep starts at one. All right, there is Kyle Tucker feeling good, and so were the Dodgers after snapping that season long seven game losing streak. We're brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 1: How about Jack Dryer.
Speaker 2: A lot of pitchers would have thrown that ball into center field, but he kept his composure, was deliberate with the throw to Tommy Edmond to end the game, with last night's hero Ryan Waldschmidt at the plate to end the game a one four to three double play.
Speaker 1: And how about Jack Dryer.
Speaker 2: In the last two months fifteen appearances, he has allowed just two earned runs eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to the phones for the first time tonight after the Dodgers get a win. Let's go out to Whittier. Julian, you're on Dodger Talk. I guarantee to win last night, Julian. Don't anybody ever doubt me.
Speaker 6: I remember I was listening. I was listening, but I didn't know it was gonna be in this fashion. My god, that felt. Let me tell you something. Baseball in general, it's just a remarkable sport, isn't it. I mean, extra ending. How often do you see two triples?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: It was just it was such a good baseball game just to begin with, you know, And the Dodgers came out on top on the right end of this, and I think we're gonna see more as the season progresses, We're going to see more intense baseball games like this. It really doesn't matter sometimes about the record, because the teams come out to play and they come out to beat you regardless of where they are in the standings. And I wasn't gonna call tonight, but I was just I was so impressed with the the game itself tonight, you know, a pictures duel. I mean, it really felt like a playoff game. Two triples by the other team and the Dodgers come out on top. It was just really, really awesome to watch such an intense game.
Speaker 2: I love I love the excitement from you, and that's sparking you to call in tonight.
Speaker 1: Julian. Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be an exciting last fifty something games down the stretch, and it's only going to get exciting, even more exciting in October. So thanks a lot for calling in, and I love your passion and excitement for Dodger baseball.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Take care David, all right, Julian.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I don't like to keep the receipts on you, but I did guarantee a Dodger win tonight, and this man, I asked to call in after the Dodgers ended this losing streak. And he is a man of his word as well, that is MCS Scrooge himself. Ken in Newport Beach, Ken, What complaints do you have tonight?
Speaker 1: Ken?
Speaker 3: Well, first off, young Yamamoto was great. I thought Dryer was sensational. I was shocked when he went back to uh to what's his name again, uh.
Speaker 1: Edwin dis Aka Sugar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, actually I was a.
Speaker 1: Little I was on the fence.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe he would go with Tanner Scott for a four out, say, but Scott threw a lot of pitches last night, so I would feel like that was the limit there. But I mean, you got to give DS some credit, can for finding a way to send that game into extra innings.
Speaker 3: And here's here's a little staff pucker down in the last ten games, is a better batting average than Oki?
Speaker 1: Then uh Munsey.
Speaker 3: Muncie, who was a bad slump and.
Speaker 2: He's in a bad sty three percent during the last eight games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said a bunch of them twenty five only walking.
Speaker 2: Ten percent of the time when he walks. That's a big part of the Dodger offensive attack. And Muncie, I think is a really key player for the Dodgers, and I feel like it's been overlooked.
Speaker 1: He's been in a bad slump lately, and there's.
Speaker 3: A little a lot of slow pitches, a lot of changeups, and he's not hitting them. But I thought Tucker really really showed us. He's hitting two ninety two in the last ten games, and that's amazing coming from where he was. But the great win, I was in down a long time, but happy as I can be right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, I can't believe you called. Thanks a lot ken.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: There he goes canon Newport Beach. A rare phone call after a Dodger win. Let's go out to Westwood Dominic. You're on Dodger Talk dominic. Were you listening last night when I guaranteed a dodd your win guaranteed?
Speaker 8: Unfortunately I was not. I I had I had personal issues I had to take care of. But I did watch right.
Speaker 1: I don't need a doctor's note here.
Speaker 2: This isn't school. You don't need an excused absence dominic. I can handle you. Weren't listening last night? Okay, but there's but if you want to if you don't believe me, that's why Dodger Talk and every episode you can find on the iHeartRadio app Dominic.
Speaker 1: So I expect you to find your way to last night's show.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna do that when I get off the phone right now. But before I do that, I want to say, Man, this game it felt like a playoff game, just like the first caller said, I forgot his name, sorry, but it absolutely felt like a playoff game. And honestly, I just I feel released. I feel the leaved because we snapped that wedding stream, we cut the cable. You know, there's so many ways to describe it that we we we map that fertin losing streak because you know, I can't stand lease hey, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna say hey, Dominic. The reason why you feel and so does so many other This was a playoff atmosphere because Chase Field was sold out forty six thou two hundred and thirteen at least thirty eight thousand were Dodger fans. And I'm not going to say games in August or I must win, but this came as close as it can to a must win for the Dodgers, because you don't want that losing streak to go to eight and you're staring at a sweep tomorrow and you lose two Yamamoto starts in the last two weeks or in the last week.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason why you felt that way. Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's say back downstairs to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from manager Dave Roberts on sports and at LA oh.
Speaker 4: Man, it was.
Speaker 9: You know, that was a tough one. We'll take it. You know, I think that it comes down to the pitchers. Uh competed all night. Some of them were sharp, some of them weren't. Young Momoto got his pitch count up and but did enough obviously, you know, throwing up zeros through the sixth inning or almost finishing the sixth You know, we got a big out there, you know with Phillips and you know Vessia with a couple of walks. We found a way to to work his way out of that one. You know, Kyle had a good start to his inning and then the hit and the two walks. But then Tanner came out and made a big pitch to get the flyout, and so we we it wasn't pretty. I think offensively, we just got.
Speaker 3: To get going.
Speaker 9: You know, I think it's just hard to win games when you know your margin for winning his Erazor's edge and so it's not like guys aren't trying, but you know, it's a tough way to pitch and have to be perfect. And so yeah, DS tonight, I think for me, it's just the intensity. I think that you saw once they scored the run man on third base, nobody out. You saw the intensity pick up the stuff pick up. The fastball got better, the slider got better, and you know, even talking to him after the game, it's, you know, that's how we have to be from the first pitch. But that was the first game I saw this year where he had some real intensity. Yeah, it's it's yeah, you know, it's great. It's hard to win a major league baseball game. It feels good to win, and yeah, it feels good to win a basically win.
Speaker 5: Yes, as far as that intensity hasn't been there for him, considering how kind of struggles have kind of happened for Diaz this.
Speaker 9: Year, Yeah, I mean, I don't know if it's just kind of you know, you want to be perfect. You're trying to, you know, get your using feet under you. He's been in rehab mode a lot, but I think that again, this is something I think could be a springboard to the for audys to come.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts on Sports Net LA, and I agree with him one hundred percent. It feels like Edwin ds since he came off the IL, he's acting like these are rehab outings and he's.
Speaker 1: Easing into the game. No, the rehab is over.
Speaker 2: You got to come into the game in the ninth inning, hit the ground running because the game is on the line.
Speaker 1: And I agree with him.
Speaker 2: I felt like again tonight, Diaz was easing into the game until the game was on the line. And that's what I was trying to explain that he competed his way through the final three outs of that ninth inning after being embarrassed. Again, I don't believe he wanted to be embarrassed walking off that mound after giving up another walk off basit and being responsible for the eighth loss. And by the way, during that seven game losing streak for the Dodgers that ended tonight, the Dodgers had leads in all seven of those games, so they blew leads at different point in times of those games during that seven game losing streak, and tonight could have been another one, not just in the ninth inning, but Vessia for whatever reason, his walk rate is higher than it's ever been in his career. Kyle Hurt gets the first two outs of the eighth inning and then all of a sudden is all over the place and Tanner Scott had to come in to bail them out with the bases loaded. So those are the things that Dave Roberts was pointing to. Let's go out to Covina, Lucas. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Chase Field.
Speaker 1: Hi, Lucas, you stole my thunder, Dave.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's the Edwin Diaz experiment, and I'm just wondering.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not an experiment. Is here to stay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I get it. But you know, is he ready? You know?
Speaker 10: And and you know he goes out there.
Speaker 2: I believe physically he's ready. And I think what Dave Roberts said after the game is right on point. He knows his players. Diaz is ready physically. Now he's got to flip the switch mentally and get out of Oh I'm just easing my way back.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you don't have that luxury when the game is on the line, when you're on the mound.
Speaker 1: So I agree with Dave. It's not physical, it's mental.
Speaker 10: Are you know you've been in the clubhouse and and you you're talking to the players, you know, can you give us some insight as to how they're feeling when when they go through something like this. And I'll land on that, but I really appreciate the show and and love to get your insight on what the players are thinking after this long stretch.
Speaker 1: Thanks all right, Lucas, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Perfect tease to our next segment, because when we continue on Dodger Talk, you'll hear from Miguel Rojas, who won the hard and hustle for the Dodgers. He shared with us what he told his teammates via text after last night's game. Don't go anywhere more Dodger Talk around the corner after the Dodgers snapped their seven game losing streak with a two to one win in ten innings over the Diamondbacks on a five to seventy LA sports.
Speaker 4: Hi, this is Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 5: This is the home of the back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Don't miss a moment of the quest.
Speaker 8: Four to three p.
Speaker 1: One oh pitch, Tucker swings. It's a high drive, Dude Price Field back it goes. He his gone held. Tucker breaks the ice with a home run, He's.
Speaker 2: Eleventh of the season, and the Dodgers late at one to nothing. Kyle Tucker with his fourth home run since the All Star Break, his ninth home run away from Dodgers Stadium. Tucker has eleven home runs on the year, nine of them on the road, including that one that gave the Dodgers a one nothing lead in the eighth inning. Arizona would tie it to with back to back triples, but the Dodgers in the tenth inning found a way to be opportunistic and infield single by show hel Tany score Tucker to give the Dodgers the two to one lead, and then Jack Dryer came in for his first save of the year, ending the game on a one, four to three double play from last night's hero Ryan Waldschmidt. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card visit a five to seventy lasports dot Com used the keyword home run and to your name you could win Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Snakes two to one in ten innings, and before the game, we had a chance to catch up with one of the Dodgers team leaders, Miguel Rojas, who was awarded the Hardened Hustle for the Dodgers team in twenty twenty six. Third time Rojas has won that award, but the first time with the Dodgers, and I can't think of anybody better than to be honored with that award than Miguel Rojas. And then in the middle of the conversation, we talked about how the Dodgers were going to get out of this rut they've been in, and he shared with us the message that he sent to his teammates after last night's loss.
Speaker 11: I challenged the guys, I sent in a little quick message on the group last night to start our sprint right now. You know why not to start when he's forty four games left, so we prepare for what is coming. And I feel like if we put the little intensity on every pitch and forget about the boss and forget about what's the future is going to look like. I think we're gonna be on the moment more and we're gonna give everything that we have in that moment. So I think it's important to remember those those little things when you go in the middle of the summer and you know, like you're approaching the end of the season and you kind of wanted to get over there with so you can go to October. But I mean, no one is gonna give you anything for free, so we're gonna have to earn it, and this is our time to kind of start our spring. I believe we can do it. I know we've been playing a lot of games the last two years and this year, but if we have an opportunity to do something really special, so if we have it in our hands, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You know, we're in it to win it.
Speaker 11: We're not in it just to say, oh, no, we won the last two, were okay, not winning this one, or let's see what happened. No, we're in it to win this one, and now that we have the opportunity that all we have to play is fifty some more games in this year, it's a good time for.
Speaker 4: Us to kind of like do the sprint and finish the season.
Speaker 2: Man, I love that, and I told Rojas he would get me to run through a wall. I was excited after hearing that. And that's what you need from your leaders to hold the others accountable, especially a guy like that hard and Hustle Award winner. It's not just about what he's done on the field, it's what he means in the dugout, in the clubhouse and to his teammates, and what he did in the World Series last year, not starting a game all of a sudden, he's in there in Game six, in Game seven, hits the World Series saving home run. All of those things give him a lot of credibility with his teammates to be able to fire off a text after last night's game and say, hey, we.
Speaker 1: Got to clean it up.
Speaker 2: We got to refocus and run through the finish line, not just run to it as we see the light at the end of the tunnel, being the postseason. And I love what he said. It reaffirms everything I've believed in this team. They are not just here to go through the motions and see what happens in October. They want to make history. They want to become the first team in National League history to three pete.
Speaker 1: They want to become one of those elite teams.
Speaker 2: Joining the Reds, joining the A's, joining the Yankees to three p That's who they want to be, or not the Reds, but the A's and Yankees want to They want to be one of those teams that has that legacy of three peating. And they know everybody's against them, and uh, nothing would be sweeter for them to prove a lot of people wrong. Let's go out to Downey, Rob, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. How about that, Rob, Miguel Rojas doubling down, sending a message to his teammates. I think that proves to you and everybody else this team is not just going through the motions.
Speaker 12: I love a DV. Thanks taking my call. Migurel speaks for all of us. You know we're not too worried about this lost streak. But Edwin Diaz doesn't me a little bit of Craig Kimbrel During that time. If you remember that kind of crusting the resume.
Speaker 1: It's not like that Dies is not at the end of the rope that Kimberrel was. He's not.
Speaker 12: But I'm just saying reminiscent of that. But anyways, my point is I just left the wedding in the Greater La area and ran into Blake Trining in the lobby of this area. I won't say much bewhere, but I saw Blake.
Speaker 6: I saw Blake. He looks good.
Speaker 12: So I don't know if you have any inside information on that, but help is on the way, it seems like. And I just want to remind Dodger fans we got this. Let's go for three in a row.
Speaker 7: Thanks DV.
Speaker 1: All right, Rob, thank you for the phone call. Hey, Downy, stop by Downey Hundai while.
Speaker 7: You're out there, Rob, we'll do Thanks DV Okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Look, Blake Tryning has to go out on some rehab appearances. By all accounts, the shoulder is calmed down as far as the inflammation goes.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: He just needs to get ready for September and the stretch run. He's a guy that's a three time World Series champion with the Dodgers, so he has that experience. I view him in that bullpen kind of like Dan Hudson was for the Dodgers in twenty four And it's great to see Daniel Hudson out here at Chase Field.
Speaker 1: He's been around each of the last two days. When tryin it comes back.
Speaker 2: That's who I view him as a guy that will be part of the thirteen best pitchers. He brings experience, he brings a calmness to the mound, and I'm sure he brings a calmness to the bullpen. So I kind of feel like that's his role at this stage of his career. Let's go out of Santa Clarita. Sean, You're on Dodger Talk Live from Chase Field. Hi, Sean, thanks for being patient.
Speaker 7: How are you doing. Thank you for taking my call, DV. I was actually checking in on a fellow Santa Clarita native, Tyler Glass. Now, I know you got to start the other day down with the tower buzzers, and I've been looking at the box store and I see there's twenty old kid Easton Shelton, thirty three home runs and one hundred two RBIs. He's not on any prospect licks. I didn't know anyone else like who I could ask, But do you have any information on this kid?
Speaker 12: Is he?
Speaker 7: Is he possible next big star for the Dodgers?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you, Sean.
Speaker 2: I don't really put too much stock into what guys are doing at Single A, but since the tower buzzers are in our backyard, it's hard to ignore having a guy like that. I'll I'll ask Brandon Gomes and Andrew Friedman and I'll let you know what they think of Easton Shelton.
Speaker 7: All right, I'll be listening. Thank you, DV.
Speaker 1: All Right, thank you for the phone call. Sean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, My focus is on the back to back champions, and obviously the guys like Kintaro Morales, those guys Depaula, those are the guys that have been on my radar. But I if I'm gonna say this, I'm gonna take a pause and remind myself what Clayton Kershaw used to tell me repeatedly. He gave me some great advice when spring training, and he said, it's okay to tell somebody you don't know. And I don't know about Easton Shelton, but I will find out for you. How about that channeling Clayton Kershaw, who did a good thing with Brad Paisley being on who wants to be a millionaire and getting some good money for the store Kimberly and Brad's great place in Nashville that allows families that can't afford groceries to be able to shop, and Kershaw's challenge. So thank you Clayton for always being in my head. And that was a true story. In spring training one day he said, why can't you just say that you don't know? I said, you know what, thank you for the advice. I'll keep with that with me moving forward. So I don't know about Easton Shelton, but I will find out. One thing I do know is Scott vans Like used to tell me trust my eyes. And I saw a show Heytani with my own with my two O hos today today in full uniform, go out there, throw plyioballs against the bullpen wall down the right field line in the Dodger bullpen, and then come out and play catch with a purpose.
Speaker 1: For the first time in two weeks since he threw a thirty four.
Speaker 2: Pitch bullpen session, and again I feel like he took a lot of people by surprise that he was doing this today, but he did it, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know where this is leading, but I will tell you this.
Speaker 2: He has seven more weeks to go in the regular season and the even shorter amount of time to build back up, and I firmly believe that he does want to try to make it work. I saw a video because there's hot mics everywhere and hot camera zooming in on everything Otani does before first pitch tonight, he and Lars now Bar, teammates with Team Japan. We're having a common in center field, and I'm a pretty good rip lip reader. I'm not John Boy, but I'm a good lip reader. And he was saying as Lars Newpar was asking him how the pitching was going, he basically was saying, we'll see how it goes, and then he was motioning how the landing leg is a problem. His left knee was a problem. So even him in that candid moment with Lars Newbar didn't seem very sure that the left knee was going to cooperate moving forward.
Speaker 1: So it stinks for Otani.
Speaker 2: He can't even have a conversation with Lars Newbar in center field before the game without cameras zooming in.
Speaker 1: But it's out there. I saw it, and that's what he was basically describing. So there you go.
Speaker 2: By the way, I want to end the show on this because we haven't had a chance. During a seven game losing streak in Chicago, I had a chance to catch up with Alex Call, who did not get traded, and he was he wanted to keep the receivers. So enjoy this corrections and retractions self reporting here. I should not have believed the news that was out there that Alex Call was being considered to be traded before the trade deadline. He got his revenge. She almost hit me with a baseball during batting practice. And Alex Call, a great loyal Dodger talk listener, is in front of us. So I am going to hand him the microphone and I'll wear whatever you have for me.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dave. Well, it's ga. It's great to be here.
Speaker 13: And you know, I was getting a little bit nervous after all the you know, reports reporting from.
Speaker 4: Dave Essay and.
Speaker 13: Others, but uh, you know, I kept the faith, you know, because at the end of the day, you love being a Dodger. It's been an amazing year for me. It's been so much fun, and uh, it's out of your control. But grateful to still be here.
Speaker 2: What were the conversations like from Andrew Friedman? Did he tell you you David Vasse's an idiot?
Speaker 13: You know it was insinuated, but no, it was just nice to hear very complimented me of me. He wasn't, you know, giving me assurance either way, but basically just that you know, we really respect you, We we value what you do.
Speaker 4: We love how you approach the.
Speaker 13: Game, how you prepare, how you're ready, and you know, that's the exact type of player that we like. And uh, you know we obviously like to acquire in you and and and continue to like even more since we've had you.
Speaker 4: So just really really nice stuff from Andrew and just anytime you.
Speaker 13: Hear that type of stuff, you're you're just grateful for the organization and you know, just kind of validates what you're doing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, happy to happy to be here. But it was great to have the conversation.
Speaker 2: It was tough for me to be niced out by you for the last three days, just getting the thumb thumbs down, I mean, the disappointment I'm serious that that was tough for.
Speaker 3: Me to hand.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was given Dave the thumbs down whenever I saw him. We weren't on speaking terms. But you know, we can move forward and we're focused on the three feet now.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: I won't listen read apps that promote fake news. Alex calls a Dodger. That's the way it's going to remain. And I'm happy you're here.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 1: All Right, Alex call and I we're back. We're back after the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: So whatever the case was, Eric Lower and Alex call her a Dodger, and I think that's a good thing for the Dodgers. Call, by the way, has barely had one played appearance in the last week or so. He got hit by a pitch in Chicago as a pinch hitter. Hasn't played a lot, never played in one of those three games against Boston where they threw three lefties at him. So hopefully he gets in there soon. But he understands his role. And he told me before the trade deadline. I said, wouldn't you I want to go somewhere if they're going to trade you to play more, And he said, you know, what where would I be in October. I'd rather be here than on my couch in October, So I want to stay. So that's the type of attitude that the Dodgers probably leaned towards. Hey, this guy wants to be here, he accepts his role. Let's keep him, Let's keep lower. Lower has accepted either starting or going to the bullpen when Snell and Glass now get healthy. So both those guys, they're all in. And you need those type of guys, those complimentary players to understand their role and how they fit with a championship team. So Alex cal and I thumbs back up. Tomorrow, Justin Robleski is on the mound. He's eleven and three with an ERA of three point thirty one, going up against a Wardo Rodriguez, who is ten and four with an ERA of two seventy one. Our coverage begins tomorrow at noon, first pitch at one ten with Rick Munday and Tim Neverett. Thanks to Colin Ye back at our burd Banks Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Chase Field, and thanks to you for listening in case you missed tonight's show, or more importantly, last night's guarantee for a win. You can find it on the iHeartRadio app. That's also where you can find our conversation with Miguel Rojas, the hard and hustle winner for the Dodgers in twenty twenty six. On the iHeartRadio app search Dodger Talk. Make it a preset, get the downloads and you won't miss a thing once again. The final score. Tonight, the Dodgers snapped their seven game losing streak with a two to one win in ten innings over the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you tomorrow. Be safe on this beautiful Saturday.
Speaker 4: See you.
Speaker 12: Six.
Speaker 1: Just start stamp