Speaker 1: Good Friday morning.
Speaker 2: It's a fun filled Friday. It's a big Taylor Swift day if you care about that. I mean, it's funny because there's some people who are, like Jenny came in, like, oh my god, I'm listening to Taylor Swift right down to it. Love this, love this one, my other. There's a song called Wood and it's naughty and it's oh my god. We'll have to read the lyrics for Wood. See if you can look up Wood lyrics and we'll we'll read those, and other people are kind of like, eh, you know, it's kind of like if it's like if the super Bowl came to town. A lot of people would be like, oh my god, the super Bowl this year. That's really cool, and other people would be like, eh, I'm going to David Busters, you know. So it is one of those things, and we respect both sides, but we are a music station. So we're going to play some Taylor Swift and give away some Taylor Swift movie passes, and Jenny's gonna read the lyrics for the song that.
Speaker 3: Would Yeah, there's one post chorus area where it says forgive me.
Speaker 4: It sounds cocky. He amatized me. And opened my eyes.
Speaker 3: Brodwood Tree, it ain't hard to see his love was the key that opened matha.
Speaker 4: What I know?
Speaker 3: And so that part is in their multiple times. So yes, that's the one with Carpenter right, No, yes, this was just called would Life the Life of a show Girl. The final track on the album is with Sabrina Carpenter and I'm only it's telling more of like a story of a show girl so far, so I haven't dissected that one. Opal light, very hype, very kind of shake it off vibes, and she's like, oh, open.
Speaker 4: Light or something like that. I have no idea, but I like it.
Speaker 3: I like the I'm more of a the way a song makes me feel versus what the lyrics are.
Speaker 2: I'm not the lyrics person yet. The lyrics later I'll be like, that's what they said.
Speaker 3: So I feel like everyone with Taylor supposed to specifically they dissect every single lyric, whereas I'm like, I don't notice it making me feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 2: Well we can play one of those coming up in a little bit here on KD w B.
Speaker 1: A couple of things.
Speaker 2: I just want the first ball the I didn't have time to go to the Caribou this morning, and so we're stuck with station coffee again. Oh buddy, and station coffee. If you were ever in the military, you know, back in back when I was, I was never the military, I would ever claim that, because you know what that's that's disrespectful that here I've had. I've had friends in the military. They're like, we don't drink coffee. It's garbage, it is swill, it is thick. You can stand your spoon up in it. I'm gonna guess military coffee is even worse than our station coffee, which is bad. Does anybody besides me drink station coffee never?
Speaker 5: Because I would have made I would have made the commute and been late to work to get coffee.
Speaker 6: That way, I don't have to drink station coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I hope you have good coffee this morning, because we don't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you something totally random.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you because you're we're listening to the radio, which is an audio medium. I'm gonna give you some audio clues and you tell me what they are. And I found this on YouTube and it's kind of random. And let's see how any of these you can identify. These are audio things that you should know.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: What is it? All of you?
Speaker 6: HBO?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's HBO. Very good. That was a pretty easy one. I don't know the rest of these. That one I gave myself a little preview.
Speaker 1: That is that Verizon, Oh, Dell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me check your answers and see whether it is right. And it is Intel. Oh you guys, Intel, Okay, do.
Speaker 1: You know that?
Speaker 6: What was that? I think metro ps?
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I don't know. LG. Life's good, LG.
Speaker 4: That starting of an Apple, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, starting with Windows, Windows start up. I think let's check and see what the answer is. It is Apple, Jenny, you're my computer.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Never heard that one. I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see if we can figure it out. It is MasterCard, okay, master Card advertise more on the radio. That one's easy. Everybody knows that one. That's McDonald's. Okay, that's easy.
Speaker 1: Netflix.
Speaker 6: I ever think about them.
Speaker 4: I have a question that for a second.
Speaker 2: No, I love it because that we say when it comes on, when when you watch Netflix every day, you know that one?
Speaker 1: Okay. A couple of more of these let's see how you do here it comes.
Speaker 6: I don't know that one either. She well, I know that I know it.
Speaker 1: But again, what do you think it is? Bailey?
Speaker 4: That's another phone thing.
Speaker 1: Probably it's Prime Amazon apparently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear that that's going T Mobile, maybe Horizon.
Speaker 2: I think it's T Mobile. It is T Mobile. Yay, that's got.
Speaker 6: I thought that was Windows, So that's got to be Windows.
Speaker 1: That might be Windows. Let's check and see what it is here. It is Windows. They have one more British Telcom. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: My favorite sound British Telecom.
Speaker 1: Of course. It is.
Speaker 2: Real to Media, the company that put this video together. Good job, good job Real two Media. All right, we'll be back in a second. We got a lot going on. War the Roses, New Taylor Swift all here on kd W b Nitas for anything, send a text to kd WB one. Oh hey, we gotta have a yes sing a long song. Because it is Friday. We run a little bit late on Fridays because of War of the Roses. But it's a big day today. First of all, it's a Friday, October third. It's going to be very summer like a girl today.
Speaker 4: It is marathon weekend.
Speaker 1: It is marathon weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have only a little bit of advice. So you're gonna be nervous before you do it, and that's called pre race jitters. And don't get caught up in the pack and run too fast because the tendency if you're new at marathoning and I'm not experienced, I've only run four is you get caught up in the pack and you run too fast.
Speaker 4: And did you never run with the pace group?
Speaker 2: I did, Yeah, And that's where you learn you got to like stick with your paste money because there's usually like some woman who's like got a big stick that she's carrying and she's got bunny years. They call them a paste bunny what.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to say that, like from my experience, I did stick with a paste bunny and that didn't go well for me because really he'll come Because I tracked my miles on my own app and I we were running like thirty seconds faster on the first like five miles than what we should have been doing. And I was ga I only did a half marathon, but I was gassed by mile seven and I had to walk and I didn't once ever walk in my training, and I was so disappointed in myself because the pace group was like not going the pace it was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a bad pace, bunny.
Speaker 7: I know, I sound like you're talking a different language, like, Oh.
Speaker 2: Don't feel that if you get a walk and if you see walkers walking, I would say the majority of marathon ers and I don't know for sure, but i'd say probably half of them walk at least part of the marathon. So you think that you're running a marathon, you're gonna run the entire time. Most people run as much as they can, but they walk. Some people will walk, like you know, like a like for five minutes a mile or something like that. So I let to be And here's one more thing. I'll give you a tippy your a spectator. And you're three miles from the end. Don't tell the runners you're almost there, because three miles is not almost there. Somebody who has just run twenty.
Speaker 4: Three miles fifty feet is almost there.
Speaker 1: That is almost there. I'd say, with with it.
Speaker 2: With you're in the last mile and they're coming down Summit Hill by the Basilica Noah to the Capitol Capital. Then if then you can say you're almost there because they are almost there.
Speaker 3: So I go to my friend's parents' house on Summit every year because they throw a party. And we're at mile twenty four, and yes, people are saying that constantly even though there's still like a little over two miles left for.
Speaker 2: And you are and you're almost there, but you don't want to hear it when you've got two miles left to go because it gets I mean, the last two miles, the last one hundred yards are torturous. It's like, God, let it be over one on one point three kd W B dude.
Speaker 5: Four.
Speaker 2: Hey, I need a Friday morning sing along song of the day. Yesterday we sang along with Jojo Leave get Out. Today we need another suggestion to kind of boos. It's your mood. It's a Friday Give me a Friday up tempo, fun sing along song. Send it to me via text at five three nine to one that actually spells KDWB one and we may call you to put you on the radio to talk to you for a little bit too, so if you want to. All right, it's tough job market, but not every job requires high level degrees and a sharp intellect. There are a lot of jobs out there where you can make good money without burning too much brain power. Okay, somebody online says, what job has dumb people that make good money?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me down.
Speaker 2: DJs are not on the list because DJs are dumb, but a lot of DJs don't make good money, all right. So there were hundreds of responses, and I'm not trying to offend anybody. These are just what people said. Number One sales.
Speaker 4: Oh that was my first thought.
Speaker 1: Was it really?
Speaker 3: Yes, because you have you can have a personality and you can talk to someone, but you might I not necessarily know exactly what you're talking about, and you can just like flub through things.
Speaker 6: You just have to go to school for sales.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, natural sales people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean real estate agents don't. Well, real estate agents have to get their license, but they don't have to go to college for license.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They say, you don't need to be super smart, but you do need to be persistent, charismatic and personable. And I think that's like if we go back in the sales department here at the radio station, everybody back there is like hey Dave, Hey Bailey, Hi guys, Hey they're very friendly. Dumb is a box of rocks, dumb. The IQ what don't say that.
Speaker 4: They're listening right now, and you know what we want. We want them to like us. Oh, the oil, the salespeople, Yeah, we love you. You know I love you.
Speaker 2: Another one, real estate agents is number two. Insurance, particularly insurance sales is three. Healthcare. But on the business side, these are all jobs where you don't have to be super brainiac to make good money. Oil and gas drilling, Longshorman.
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to long shortman.
Speaker 1: You are strong like an ox, so you could do it.
Speaker 4: Politicians, that's sad.
Speaker 2: Well, what are they They're salespeople, say they're basically salespeople that are looking. Let's face it, a lot of politicians are not here to help you. They are here to gain and maintain power. That's just the way it is. Only fans is another one, along with influencers. You don't have to be super smart to do either of those. Law enforcement, Okay, I would prefer a smart cop pulls me over and doesn't accidentally, like, you know, club me in the back of the head or.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 6: It was an accident.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, okay, I would prefer smart law enforcement the military. One person said, some of the smartest people I know I met in the army, but all of the dumbest people I know I met in the army. I come from a military family, so all respect, but I grew up next to Fort Carson, Colorado, and let me tell you, I knew plenty of army soldiers. The officers were usually pretty smart. The enlisted people kind of doughheads. They were fun, They were fun to hang out with, but they were a bunch of not every one of them. Okay, like cute little outfits though, so I don't think they look cute in them little outfits. You're thinking, you're thinking about the Navy. The Navy's got the Navy's got the cute outfit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with the little like ascot that they wear when they sing songs together, that's a sailor.
Speaker 4: I don't know that that happens on the Navy is sailing?
Speaker 1: Isn't the Navy is sailing, but naval officers.
Speaker 2: Picture picture Robert Redford and the way we were, I don't I never saw that picture.
Speaker 1: What's the one you can't handle the truth? What's that movie?
Speaker 4: They look like a captain of a cruise ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they look their dressed. They call them their ice cream I think ice cream songs were all white. They were all white except sailors. Those those are the guys with.
Speaker 4: They the little ascots.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're you're ridiculous, Kailey in the army, that would be funny. The Army they used to.
Speaker 4: Call in high school.
Speaker 7: They're like, hey, can I get you to join the you know, military at And I'd say, I can't do a push up, and they go, well, thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the sing along song. What we choose today?
Speaker 3: Jenna Is Britney spears oopside did it again?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it the sing along song of the day we can all agree on. And Dave's Dirt coming up next, and then new Taylor Swift music and tickets to her movie, and my God, it won't.
Speaker 4: Stop half truths. You've got Dave's Dirt on, Katie w B.
Speaker 2: I give a shout out to a little Winston who is turning one years old on Sunday. Mommy says thanks for being the best thing that ever happened to me. I love Winston, and also shout out Taylor James, Melsten Penn, Happy Friday. From Kurt and Happy Friday from Katie. Will you be Now into the Dirt? I would say the biggest story is Taylor Swift's album Jenny from the Taylor Swift Desk, What's the Latest?
Speaker 3: I would like to take the lead on this one because I listened to almost the entire album while I was getting ready this morning. So her first single off of it is called the Fate o Ophelia.
Speaker 4: So here's a clip of that.
Speaker 3: To play the full song coming up after seven o'clock so you can hear that whole one. I personally have loved opal lightes so like so far because it's giving kind of the upbeat, shake it off vibe.
Speaker 6: I don't think it sounds anything like shake it off. I think they sounds the same. Actually, both of the ones.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's just like the vibe of it, not shake it off necessarily in terms of like the beat or.
Speaker 4: Anything like that. I just yeah, it's kind of like that. And then Wood is her spice one.
Speaker 3: I can't understand a word, and that one it's bleeped out, but it says all that bitch and wishing on a falling star never did me any good. I ain't got a knock on wood and then she continues on but the spicy part comes in when she says, red Tree, it ain't hard to see his love was the key that opened my thighs.
Speaker 4: So that's the part.
Speaker 2: Which is a little unique for Taylor because she's never been like know sactual, like outwardly sactual and.
Speaker 6: Hanging out with some Brita carpet to too much.
Speaker 4: I can trust me. That's a good song.
Speaker 3: So she has another song called father Figure, and we don't have a clip of that one, but she does say the D word as in like a male body part.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: She says that didn't and that was kind of shocking to me. I rewant it because I was like.
Speaker 1: A second as in he'sa or I wanna it says.
Speaker 4: I can make deals with the devil because my d's bigger.
Speaker 6: Oh, as in I have one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I can't tell if she's talking about herself or if it's like something else because it's called father Figure.
Speaker 4: I just it's confusing to me.
Speaker 1: I need the.
Speaker 3: Swifties to actually dissect these for me because I'm just going off.
Speaker 4: Of vibes right now.
Speaker 5: That's what I do anytime I listen to music. I just said this the other day. I've never thought this is a meaningful song. I'd just be like, this is catchy, this is vidy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. Once in a while I hear a love song and I'm like, that could be my story. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sometimes, but initially I'm always just like this sounds good.
Speaker 2: Before I like totally totally get that. Moron Taylor Swift all through the morning.
Speaker 7: Well, in addition to the album being out, there are places that are like celebrating that. So like Wendy's is offering free fries in honor of the new album release, probably yeah, and then like Krispy Kreme has orange donuts only available today. And then also Uber Eats is offering twelve percent off orange colored items.
Speaker 1: That's her color.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I did sign up for the Kitchen Aid giveaway yesterday or they were doing an orange yeah, fingers crossed still that I'm in the East cross Well.
Speaker 6: Aside from Taylor Swift, Vanessa Hudgens is in the dirt today.
Speaker 5: She was doing a rare interview and she brought up her I guess former relationship that she had with Zach Effron.
Speaker 6: Here is a little clip I.
Speaker 4: Was a child and like this boy and I was like, oh my god, he's so cute. So like the chemistry was so real.
Speaker 1: It helps when it's real, right, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Really does, especially when you're young and like it's it's all sweet and like innocent.
Speaker 6: You know, because they started dating after the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah they did. I was such a huge fant of that relationship with my life.
Speaker 2: It is so funny because you know, when you're young, you really think, oh my god, this is real love, and then when you break up, you think you're never gonna get over it, and you're like, oh my god, I'll never get and then like two weeks later, you're myth with somebody else. You're like, nah, it's okay, right.
Speaker 1: That is the dirt.
Speaker 2: It is always brought to you proudly by six' one Two Injured heimer And Lammer's Injury. Law, HEY i want to tell you we got More Taylor swift songs coming. Up but we're still doing that game where you can win tickets into her screening tomorrow Of life of A showgirl At Ton Prairie. Center if you want to. Go remember all you do is when you hear a song From, taylor you pick up your. Phone you don't have to, rush but pick it up during the song and then open up the talk back, feature the red microphone and The iHeartRadio. App while you're listening To KATIE wb tap the red microphone and simply say something, Like, Hi I'm, Dave i'm in Chan hassen AND i am listening to The fate Of ophelia or what or whatever this song happens to. Be and if it's a new song and you don't know the, title don't. Worry i'll tell you the title before we play the. Song do that to win your, tickets AND i will give you a little. Hint it's coming up very very.
Speaker 1: Soon