Speaker 1: A variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's Star one O one three. It's Marcus. Good morning, we're doing second Date Update. I've got Devin holding and he was talking about his date with Mia. Now they went on on a Wednesday, which for most of us to be like, oh God, are you kidding? But you guys, you say that you work restaurant. Yes, okay, so Wednesday night not that serious. And it was Trivia and Campbell on a Wednesday. And she's ghosted, So let's call her and try to figure some things out. I'm going to see how the date went from her perspective. Go ahead and mute your phone. Here we go. Hello, Hi, may I speak to Mia?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: This is Mia.
Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Marcus. I do a radio show on Star one oh one three out of San Francisco for iHeart. It's a morning show. We're on right now, and I'm wondering if you have a moment to chat on the air for a sec. I'm secretly hoping you'd listen.
Speaker 3: Of course I do, and of course I know who you are. And I saw like the caller idea what everyone was like, what, who's.
Speaker 2: What? Well?
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening every morning. Okay, so we're doing second date update. I don't know if you know what that is?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Of course I do, of course is yes, de Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I am good. I never thought i'd be on on this show, but here I am, and you know here you are.
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: I am This is delicious?
Speaker 2: Uh so, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Mia, you know why we're here. Devin enjoyed your date. He'd like to take you out again. I'm wondering, did you ghost? You sound so kind, you don't sound like a ghoster. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I Sometimes it's just easier that way, if you know that, like, if you just didn't get the right vibe, and it's just easier to sort of like, you know, not lead them on in any way, then just sort of let it go.
Speaker 1: Did something, I mean, did something happen with the vibe?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean everything was going great until Yeah, there was a turning point. Basically, we went to a trivia night and it actually started out really fun and Devin was really like attentive, like right it's from the very beginning, and like engaging and super cute, and I loved this little thing he did when I showed up at the bar. He already had a drink waiting for me, because he texted me ahead of time basically confirming, like, what's my drink order? And then it was waiting for me when I arrived. No one's ever done that that. I thought that was so sweet, and he pulled out my chair. I don't know, I'll sweet. And then it kind of turned sideway from there, and during trivia, he kept shouting out plot twist like after every wrong answer, and eventually admitted to me that he'd secretly been to that trivia night several times before and I guess memorized like the question so that he could look smart for me. And at one point he even whispered that he only dates women with main character energy and that I had it, quote unquote, I just it was. It all seemed like some weird fake set up, like not genuine.
Speaker 1: Right, Devin, any thoughts on this? I mean, this is a lot, man, I'm not going to lie to you all at once. This is a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll start by saying, I was trying to say a compliment, like I'm trying to hyper up the main character energy compliment and like I gotta have too, like what's wrong with the little sandbag? And all the question it came.
Speaker 3: Off performative, like it wasn't your genuine self, Like I'm trying to say, like, dude, like just be yourself, Like I don't need to know about all the homework you did to look smart and the whole main character energy thing just felt like a line. Like to me, it felt like how many girls have you said that to?
Speaker 1: Because you started out started out gangbusters? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you're cute and really sweet. Something that I really look for is people that are genuine.
Speaker 2: I thought that I had to put on something like I just wanted to impress you. If you were to give me a second date, I promise you that I will dial it back.
Speaker 1: I would just be myself, my god in the field right now, Miyah. I feel like we can salvage this. Can we give Devin a second chance?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, I guess maybe it just was a misunderstanding and I read to do it and yes, I hear it, and I'm willing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's time to the cow bell of destiny because we just got ourselves a second date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surprise for today, Devin. You did it.
Speaker 3: Oh my guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, we did it.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, I'll leave you to yourselves. Hang on the line one second.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: More variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today. It's Star one O one three. It is Marcus. It's Wednesday. We're doing second date update. Might as well get right into it. So let's say you go on a date, you get ghosted, and we will have you on the line when we call your date to figure out what went wrong, so you can listen in. You don't have to hear it from me, you can hear it from them directly, indirectly. I hope that made sense. We have Devin on the phone. Good morning, Devin, Hey, good morning. How are you good? Just tell me I'm making total sense this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're absolutely making total sense this morning.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your date, man, So Mia right, apparently trivia becoming more and more popular. So many like trivia first dates. So according to your DM, it was trivia in Campbell. Well, you know what I'm getting ahead of myself. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 2: We met online? You know, I've been liking trivia night dates just because it's like a good way to be like, Okay, what are you an expert on what I can also flex a little bit, you know things like that, not physically flex, you know, mentally flex, but.
Speaker 1: Totally get it. We do trivia on this show every morning eight oh five. What you know about that? And I've learned that there is like there are like trivia questions that are cute, and then there are like trivia questions like who would actually know that? That's so trivial, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, totally totally and that's the kind of stuff personally, I pride myself. Yeah, sure, but she was answering a lot of those questions too that were like the niche like trivia hard questions, and honestly, the whole experience was just downright hilarious. Okay, we weren't fully serious about the time. We're both restaurant industry workers, you know, being out late on a weeknight, No, no, biggie, and yeah, we were just joking and connecting the whole evening, like answering the questions, sharing nachos like that was the next you know that we thought, I don't know, what is seriously like, try being attractive while eating nachos, Like, come on, she was doing it. I thought this whole thing was a hit man, and truly I haven't heard a peep out of her since then, Like not a text, no response to and nothing, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's why we're here. We'll try to figure it out. So, like I said, we're gonna call her. We'll have you on the line. I would love to get you a second date. That's what I'm kind of gunning for. Can you hang on the line for a song?
Speaker 2: Totally again?
Speaker 1: Great, Okay, we'll call me in next It's second date update Star one oh one three