Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham the Grand America. Welcome with glorious, glorious Wednesday afternoon in the Tri State. I have a lot of basketball tonight. I think Xavier owes the Blue Jays of creating a good beat down.
Speaker 2: They come.
Speaker 1: They came here about a month ago and create and beat Xavier by forty one points in the Centas Center. As Warren Davidson knows, that isn't good. Now you see, having beaten the number two team in the country, Iowa State is playing tonight late about eight thirty nine o'clock out in Arizona, playing the number one ring team in the country. I'm not sure anytime as you see ever beaten one and two in the country. And within about a month period. We'll see what happens down the road. But this morning in Davos, Switzerland, Donald Trump did a fabulous job of putting the cheese on the cracker with these with these situations in Europe, at one point he said, you can sip your wine and eat your cheese. As Muslim rape squads pillaged the countryside and all of a sudden, the European leaders didn't know what to do. Plus believe it or not, in about a week or eight days or so, we're going to have a shutdown of the government again. According to some of the Democrats, they want to shut down the government this time over ice. But until then, Warren Davidson, the Congressman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Congressman, how are you.
Speaker 3: It's always an honored to join you.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand, I understand.
Speaker 1: This afternoon you've had meetings pow wows with other Democrats. There's a representations of Elon Omar and Nancy Pelosi and Congressman Goldman of New York City. They may shut down the government because of ice. But then there's other reporting on newsmax dot com that there's about twenty more or less reasonable Democrats in the Congress that say nah, bab nah. In fact, there is a Democrat in the Senate, Patty Murray, as you know, in the state of Washington, who's telling you and others that we have a deal as far as cutting back some of the spending of ice. Where do things stand this Wednesday afternoon, about twelve ten in the afternoon, Where do things stand?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: The Senate's out this week, uh, and so the House is voting on what we think will be the final package. Uh, and we will have gotten through all the appropriations. Now this isn't what we call regular order because they're not like standalone bills. They're not really subject to amendment. They're all pre negotiated deals, and so it turns into kind of take it or leave it, And you know, some of them will pass with overwhelming bipartisan audority's. But the one that definite Democrats have definitely said they want to stop is homeland security.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: But I will say I don't think it's every Democrat that you know, they there were some, you know, like Corey Bush remembers she thankfully is no longer in Congress, but she was the trazy lady in Saint Louis who was like, no, we meant defund the police when we said defund the police.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And they found out from the public that they better rebrand that so that they didn't really mean defund the police when they were voting to defund the police, so they tried to pretend that they were meaning something else. She's like, no, no, we meant defund the police. And now defund ice might be the next dumbest thing that they've come up with and you know, you saw this young man who's working for ICE stops and talks to a protesters like, look, we're en route to arrest a child sex predator, and you guys are stopping us from doing our jobs. Yeah, we're going to grab this guy, We're going to try him and then deport them where he's going to get some justice. And you're stopping our enforcement action. So these are the crazy positions they're taking. And so I think there's some Democrats. We're going to call it on a separate vote, in part because we don't want them to hide behind it and say, well, I wanted to defund this, that or the other thing. We want to clean vote on homeland security appropriations, and then we'll blend it all together and send the package of the Senate.
Speaker 3: See what they do.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I made a reference to this on my ex account, and that is deporting illegals, criminals and otherwise have not been controversial at all until recently. I played for the American people the comments of Bill Clinton to the State the Union address.
Speaker 2: Al Gore was on board with this.
Speaker 1: Then I played the comments of Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Joe Biden and brock Hussein Obama. They sound like Donald Trump or you or me. This was ten years ago. In fact, in twenty fifteen, there's a high Civilian award given to it the person and the federal bureaucracy that the President considers to be performed in exemplary fashion his duties. And that person in twenty fifteen, I'm looking at the photo was a guy named Tom Homan.
Speaker 3: So Tom Homan amazing.
Speaker 1: Tom Holman is wine dined in pocket lined Oliver Washington by the Democrats for deporting illegals.
Speaker 2: What the hell happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, somewhere along the way they changed the plan. And I don't think they truly changed the plan. They would they would hide behind those we are deporting people, you know. Meanwhile they were saying, well, yeah, but on the other side, we're bringing in a lot of illegals, so this is just optics so we can move the public alawn. And that's really what was underway back then. They would celebrate the things they're doing to secure the border and then pretend there's nothing we could.
Speaker 2: Do, right, we can't do it, we can't do it.
Speaker 4: But then Donald Trump came in and they got serious of that immigration when Donald Trump came in, because he's like, no.
Speaker 3: We're not doing that, and he did. He meant it in the first administration.
Speaker 4: He wasn't going to do the fake deport these people, but flowed the other people in the country. He was going to get serious about securing the border. And that's really what broke them. It was Trump arrangement syndrome and just the realization that he really was going to change the rules of the game.
Speaker 1: I'm going to show Tony Bender, my producer, I can't do it in the radio. All the awards given to Barack Husain Obama's ice chief for the removal. These are the words of President Barack Husain Obama during his term. I'm proud to announce that Tom Homan has deported about four hundred and nine thousand illegal criminals from our country, including an additional two point five million. You shouldn't be here in the first place, just to come into America as a crime itself, said President Obama, as you put this gold medal around the neck of Tom Homan.
Speaker 2: Now that's something the media will not deal with.
Speaker 1: But right now Trump is not even close to the deportations of Obama, not even close because he's at every turn he's being stopped, but he will not be stopped. Do you think there's going to be a government shut down in a week? Congressman? What do you say, get out your crystal ball? What does Thomas Massey say about this? What does Ran Paul say about this? There'll be Republicans voting against it.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 3: I think there will not be a shutdown.
Speaker 4: I think look, there's things in these mills, and the real is, Look, we're not going to vote on an ideal funding package, right, and look, the coalition that we've got is a Republican coalition. There's not like one unified idiotology that gives us this narrow, narrow majority in the House and a functionally narrow majority in the Senate. That's the easier mass as people know. Look, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski are sort of different kind of Republicans and a lot of the folks that were out there, so we've got that in spades in the House, a lot of personalities.
Speaker 3: But I think the real question.
Speaker 4: Is, is the package that we're going to vote on this week in the House and next week in the Senate, is that better than a status quo continuing resolution.
Speaker 3: And right now it.
Speaker 4: Looks like the winds We're still negotiating here in the House right up to the clock until we vote probably Thursday or Friday on the package, But it looks like we're going to land something that is going to be better than a status quo CR. Maybe not a lot better, but it's something. And I think the crazy thing there are going to be Democrats that also go, all right, we agree, this is probably better than a status quo CR. And when you start seeing Democrats agree, usually that means they're either spending more money or Republicans are making concessions. So those are the kind of things we're going through right now to say what kind of deals were cut in here?
Speaker 3: What are we missing? Because at the.
Speaker 4: End of the day, this is over a thousand pages of new policy we're going to vote on this week.
Speaker 2: Do you actually speak to Tom Massey?
Speaker 1: I mean, I like the guy personally, but he seems like he's he's off track. You do you speak to him to give him whisper in his ear? Sometimes? Said Tom, comment down a little bit. I mean, do you guys talk to each other?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, yeah, he's a good friend and a great guy.
Speaker 4: And look, I love him and I love President Trump, and I wish that they weren't feuding. But Thomas is easy to understand. He wants less government. Yeah, and there are a lot of Republicans that want, you know, more government. They just wanted to do Republican things instead of Democrat things. Well, when they put those kind of bills on the floor, Thomas isn't going to vote for him.
Speaker 3: And you know, if you want to do.
Speaker 4: Foreign aid, whether it's for you know, Canada or Greenland or Israel or any other country, Thomas didn't len' for it. Now that's not a mystery. And people say, well, you know he voted against this big thing here, just like the Democrats. Well for way different reasons, right, I mean totally different reasons. And I think that's a dishonest characterization that people a lot of these.
Speaker 3: People who don't really know and.
Speaker 4: Don't follow it, and they're like, oh, who's this guy, He's a rhino Like well, maybe in the sense that Republicans don't really want a smaller, more accountable government, or we'd eventually get one. You got to house, the Senate, in the White House. Definits are drolling, they're not shrinking. So Massy's out there, and it's like when I said I wanted a smaller government, I'm in it. So if you put that on the floor, I'll vote for it. If you don't, I'm not voting for it. That's a lot of inflexibility where Trump's like, look, I kind of get it, but you're not helping me get what I can get across the finishing line. And that's where like, look, Trump didn't want to keep any part of the Green New Deal in the big beautiful bill, and unfortunately we couldn't get rid of it. We barely got the votes to defund NPR for goodness sakes. But that's where some of the frustration is, is like, people are Trump kind of turned his guns on Massy, when the reality is the people were really betraying the movement were the moderates that kept the Green New Deal funding. And you know, I think that pragmatically, Trump's realized, well, I can't go to war with twenty people, but I.
Speaker 3: Might be able to go to war with one.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I noticed yesterday the Department of Treasury said America has now hit thirty nine trillion dollars in debt. I set thirty nine trillion dollars in debt, and so I get Tom Massey's point completely. I think given your druthers, you would agree we have to live within our means. So what argument do I have to liberal Democrats that the Republican Party is good on debt when under Trump the first time, spending went up about seven trillion dollars extra in debt, and now in the first year of the Trump term, we had about another seven hundred billion dollars on our way to a trillion, a trillion here and a trillion there. Suddenly we have a lot of money. Right now it's thirty nine trillion dollars. How do you respond to the issue that we spend money on different things and that debt simply goes up.
Speaker 2: What do you say about that one?
Speaker 3: That's true?
Speaker 4: I mean, like I say, I mean, we want a smaller government, but we're not getting one, and you know, we don't have the votes to deliver one. And that's where I'm like, Look, we do not have a unified political party that has like one set of ideologies. We've got a Republican coalition and it's a whole range of people. If you want to smaller more accountable governments, then reinforcements, but don't direct your fire against guys like Tom Massey. Direct your fire against the people that.
Speaker 3: Want more government.
Speaker 4: And you know, I call these guys the Surrender Caucus. It's not a formal group. They don't hold meetings and they don't disclose their lists. But you can look at like the vote on you know, saving Obamacare. No Republican voted on saving Obamacare and continuing these COVID subsidies on Obama Healthcare, but seventeen Republicans voted to keep that going. And they're like, well, we can't just cut it off cold turkey. I'm like, COVID's been over since you know, twenty one. You know, you're sitting here. We've carried it on for an extra four years. And it's just payments to insurance companies and it's not even traditional Obamacare.
Speaker 3: But people don't want to explain it.
Speaker 4: They're like, well, people think we're turning off all of Obamacare. We just need to keep cutting the checks. Now, those are the people that keep us from doing good things.
Speaker 1: You know, you kind of have a district that includes parts of Cincinnati, is that true, Well.
Speaker 4: Doesn't include any of the city limits.
Speaker 3: It's basically the west side.
Speaker 4: So everything essentially from the Ronald Regan bypassed like Wyoming right there, Glendale side of seventy five except for o High Township right to the city limits is the district.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's changed in this.
Speaker 4: Election cycle, and we'll go all the way over at the eighth district to go all over to Blue Ash and have Montgomery parts of Madeira and Indian Hill.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, what about what about Kenwood? Who's my congressman? I know everything. I have no idea who my congressman is. Who's he now? Is it Landsman?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: It's Greg Lansman. And if everything goes right in January third to next year, it'll become Warren Davidson.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good. I can call you, I can be constituent anger. I'll be angry at you all the time.
Speaker 3: So that'll I'll have to have an extra phone line added.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, there's a movement of foot uh in Washington, d C. Which I think, uh, we know what's going to happen in November if things don't go the right way. The impeachment trials of every cabinet official, beginning with the course, President Trump and I think JD. Vance and everyone knows at the top of the list all of them are going to be impeached. Can you imagine in November if the American people unwisely turn over the Congress to elon Omar and her ilk and they're in charge of the Congress with subpoena power. Talk to me about the road that would be taken in November.
Speaker 3: It's the same one they've already done. I mean, in a minute. The Democrats have the majeordy.
Speaker 4: They try to push a discharge on impeaching Christy Nome, you know, this year already, so they want to get rid of Christy Nome and book. You know, for the for the people that are frustrated, that's a good sign she's onto something. The HS is getting something productive done because the Democrats want to impeach her. But you know, nevertheless, look at how much time that will take in distraction and frankly money. You know, they impeached President Trump over calling Ukraine and saying shouldn't somebody look into this? And most of the things that you say shouldn't somebody look into? Once the investigations were done were vindicated. I mean Hunter Biden was getting deals from Ukraine. Ukraine was paying out money and corruption, and all he said was you got to look into that. And you're like, why wouldn't the State Department do that? Why wouldn't the Department of.
Speaker 3: Justice do that?
Speaker 4: It took the President of the United States to do it, and because he was over the target, Democrats impeached him for it.
Speaker 2: Are you endorsing are you.
Speaker 3: Doubt that they would continue to do it?
Speaker 1: Warren Davidson? Are you endorsing Thomas Massey? Whatever that's worth in Ohio to Kentucky, Are you endorsing Congressman Thomas Massey? Would you vote for him Northern Kentucky if you could.
Speaker 4: If I lived in Northern Kentucky, I would enthusiastically vote for Thomas Massey. I think he's a great guy. He's a truly effective member of Congress. And you know, look, I love President Trump, I love Thomas. I wish they would get along better. But I'm not confused by his votes. And I'd say, don't fall for the information off out there on Thomas.
Speaker 3: He's a good guy doing the right things.
Speaker 4: There are some where you're like, man, we need your vote, and that's where I get frustrated right with some of the folks. I'm not going to say there's no room on the right if this is NASCAR and racing, but that's where the wall is, right, you don't go into the wall. I think Massy might have some paint off the right side of the car there because he hit the wall.
Speaker 3: A couple of times.
Speaker 4: And you know, if you don't pass anything, nothing changes. So at some point you got to look at it and say, well, we got to pass the best thing that we can get across the finish line. There's a couple of things there where I think people get frustrated because.
Speaker 3: We don't have the votes.
Speaker 4: But my frustration is on the other end, like why are we boxed into this situation. We did and campaign on saving the Green New Deal. Every Republican voted against it. But now when we have the majority and it's time to play the cards, the people that are betraying the movement, they're not even getting named.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's what I call the surrender caucus. They're the reason we can't have nice things. That's my frustration, and in general I have a weight in against those folks and primaries. I just say send reinforcements for people that really do want to do what we say we would do, and yeah, tell us this frustration is, let's do what we said.
Speaker 3: We would do, and we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. And and just look, Democrats are like pack animals. If one goes one direction, I guarantee you you're not going to have ten or twenty Democrats break off from M CKEM Jeffries and Alan Omar and Nancy Pelosi and be on their own. Democrats are pack animals, and of course Republicans are like cats. They're pretty hard to herd. But we'll see what happens by if you had to put your chips down, whether it be a government shut down on the thirtieth or not.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think they'll be a big deal cut. But that basically means that we're going to get more spending and more debt.
Speaker 1: Well great, well some of the accomplishments. I look at things like immigration. Trump did that, ending DEI, he did that, returning public education in the States, he did that. Lowering drug costs was going to metastasize in the next few weeks.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 1: Deregulation, the big beautiful bill that's going to be realized sometime in the first quarter of this year. No tax on tips and overtime social security. And also we have the President of Peace who spoke this morning in Davos. I loved every minute of it. Congressman Warren Davidson, you're a great American. I look forward today that Greg Landsman will not be my Congressman.
Speaker 2: It'll be you. So get ready for my phone calls.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. And look, one big thing.
Speaker 4: Not only did President Trump secure the border, Olkins give him a lot of money to do it, and that was another key part of the big beautiful bill. So in the worst case scenario, even if the Homeland Security bill gets caught up and somehow the demotrats succeed in that, know that we're going to keep securing the border.
Speaker 1: Well we'll see what occurs. Tough times don't last, but tough men and women do. My mother was a tough woman who weighed ninety five pounds, and she pointed her finger at me. I could be thirty five or forty years old at all I did say yes Mom.
Speaker 2: That's all. I said, yes Mom. I called her ma, Yes Ma.
Speaker 1: She said, Billy you're going to do this, Augize, Ma, I'm going to do it so it's not about the size, it's about the power, and the Trumpster's got the power. Warren Davidson, you're a great American. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And God bless you, and God bless America.
Speaker 3: Thank you always an honor. God bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news coming up. Tell them the reds in the Bengals. Tonight, Bearcats and Muskus are at it all on news radio seven hundred WLW.