Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two more Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday, May twenty fourth, Memorial Day weekend. Hope you're enjoying it out there, Sit back and relax as we are often running here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. You're a home with a back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, who right now sit at thirty two and twenty on the season, first place atop the NL. Last after drop in the series opener on Friday in Milwaukee. The Dodgers bounce back in a big way last night for a win today the rubber game. Though this three game said Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at eleven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here a moron Goo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from Ken Rosenthal from Fox, get his thoughts on this Dodgers team. We're gonna check in with the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, hopefully get an update from Max Munsey along the way in his right wrist. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup today with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. David Vassa course checks in throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson returns from sports and at LA in just a few minutes. We will check in with Tim Nevertt and James Loney out at the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, the Dodgers got into some early trouble as rookie Sasaki on the mound and he gave up a three spot in the bottom half of the first inning. A long first inning for Sasaki, who had some control issues, got hit around a little bit. Dodgers in a whole early three to nothing. It took one spin around to the lineup to get the Dodgers offense going, and they finally did. In the fourth, Andy piz in RBI double to left, scoring Freddie Freeman, the Dodgers on the board, but down three to one. Later in the inning, ta Oscar Hernandez changed everything.
Speaker 2: OH two pitch, he swings it, hits a high drive down the left field line. This ball is off the pall and gone hits a three run home run. Ti Oscar Hernandez and the Dodgers take a four to three lead in Milwaukee. Light tower power for Tao his seventh home run, and the Dodgers jump out in front for the first time in the series.
Speaker 6: Te Oscar Hernandez goes deep a huge three run home run, is seventh of this season. Dodgers take the lead four to three with that four spot in the fourth. Fast forward to the eighth, another big inning for the Dodgers. Will Smith gets it going with an RBI single scoring Freddie Freeman, Dodgers of five to three. Tai Oscar Hernandez again driving in a run an RBI singles scoring Andy Paez, Dodgers a six to three lead. They weren't done. Miguel Rojas a sack bunt scores Kyle Tucker Dodgers with a seven to three lead after putting three runs up in the top half of the eighth inning, and they weren't done. Top of the ninth inning, Dodgers went back to work and Taoscar Hernandez did it again.
Speaker 2: Two for three for Tioscar Hernandez. Really nice piece of hitting last inning with the right sound of the infield open, going that way, getting a run home, and then driving in three with his fourth inning home run. Well one pitch he swings in loops one of the right field of base hit. Freddy's gonna score. Here comes Smith in behind him, he slides, He's safe and a two two run single for Teoscar Hernandez, who has six RBI in the game, and the Dodgers now lead it nine to three.
Speaker 6: Taskar Hernandez, heavy yourself a day. Three for four, a home run, drives in six on base four times, including a walk. Dodgers a nine to three lead in the top of the ninth and they weren't done. Santiagustpinal with an RBI double that made it a ten to three game. And then shoey Otani the cherry on top and RBI's single to right made it an eleven three Dodgers lead. Dodgers go on and win by that same final score eleven runs on ten hits with eleven walks. They drew from Milwaukee yesterday. Roki Sasaki gets to win after giving up the early three runs, settled in to go five innings, three runs, four hits, four strikeouts, eighty seven pitches, and then turned it over to the Dodgers' bullpen, which has been perfect as they put up zeros along the way. Alex Vesia, Kyle Hurt, Tanner, Scott Jonathan Hernandez each pitched an inning and relief following up Sazaki. As the Dodgers bullpen now at thirty six scoreless innings in a row. It is a shutout streak for a Dodgers' bullpen, the longest since nineteen oh one in the Major League. Is the last time a team did this September twenty seventeen, when the Cleveland Guardians relievers through thirty nine straight scoreless innings. So the Dodgers looking to keep it going today rubber game of this three game set as Yoshinobu Yamamoto is on the mount of the series finale first pitch at eleven ten and with more, let's head out to the Gallpin Ford Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and James Loney.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. The roof is open mostly here in Milwaukee. What they do here is they will take the panel that's on the right side and they will manipulate it to prevent shadows on the field later in the afternoon. But they've got kind of a prescription roof now they figured out. But the Dodgers and the Brewers getting set for Game three of this three game serious and Dodgers thirty two and twenty half game on top of the Padres, who shut out the Athletics last night to nothing, Brewers thirty and nineteen. They remain on top in the National League Central Division by two games over the Saint Louis Cardinals two and a half over the Chicago Cubs. Pitching matchup today will be Yoshinovo Yamamoto three and four with a three to three to two ERA, Brandon sprote one in two five seventy five his earned run average, and last night James. We looked at a Dodger team that went down three to nothing in the first inning. In fact, in this series they've been outscored seven to nothing in the first inning. You think that that's enough to at least get a down payment on a win. It was for the Brewers in Game one, But today they look to win this series by taking the rubber game. Last night they ended up scoring eleven unanswered runs in an eleven to three win. The bats got going in the fourth inning. They put three more up in the eighth and four more in the ninth, and looks like the Dodge bats were back.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know, there's so many games in the regular season and a lot of times you don't put up offense. You know, you don't really think about it too much. You he'll come back to the next day. I think the first game here, I think it kind of stung a bit for the offensive, you know, for the offensive hitters, because I felt like they were just missing pitches. I didn't feel like they were overpowered by anything. So, you know, coming into yesterday's game, I really felt like they took it a bit personal. I think, like, oh, you guys shut us down. The first day We're gonna show you who we are. We're the La Dodgers. And they did everything tonight, you know with ta Oscars big o two home run right there, and you know we're hitting the ball the other way. We're just doing everything that the Dodgers do. And it was glad to see that bounce back.
Speaker 2: As far as the lineup goes today, Kyle Tucker moves back up to the cleanup spot. He was down to number six last night and all he did was get a triple walk, reach on a fielder's choice, scored two runs. So he moves up in the order and Dalton rushing and has Sung Kim are back in the lineup, both left handed hitters to face the right handers.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I love seeing them in the lineup right there. You know Dalton's I think, you know, they're obviously trying to get him consistent in bats when they can, you know, whether it's different guy. I mean with Will Smith, you know, being able to dh him at times when Otani you know he's gonna not hit as a pitcher. But Kim too, He's an interesting guy to me because I feel like, you know, he's a guy that he's not gonna hit for a necessarily a lot of power. He's a strong guy, so he hits hard line drives, and I just love seeing him down there with rushing because you know, we're talking about ta Oscar. Even all the guys really above him, they're not always home run hitters, so they're gonna get their singles, they're gonna get their doubles. Do you have guys at the bottom of the lineup that can bring them in, because come playoff time, that's gonna happen too. The pitching is gonna be you know, the elite, right, so Ken the bottom of the lineup over time drive the top of the line of Bend.
Speaker 2: Well, well, see what happens this afternoon here in Milwaukee. Is the Dodgers trying to take this series two games to one. This is the rubber game of the three game set. Yamamoto pitching against Sprout, and we will have more to talk about in just a little bit as we take a look at the pitching matchup a little bit later on Tim.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Sunday, Dodger fans get that game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza. Parlor or to your Shanky's Pizza checking and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with Kitty Rosenthal from Box get his take on the Dodgers so far this season. David Veatse checks him through out the hour. Up next, so you're Otani rewinding sports. The LA's Kursen Watson stops by. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Sunday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasin's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio know.
Speaker 1: Where This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers Hunter on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers. Yoshinobu, I'm a moto on the mound of the series finale, Dodgers trying to end this road trip on a winning note, win the series as well from the Brewers. First pitch coming up at eleven ten, This is.
Speaker 2: The Otani rewind two ball, two strike pitch to Otani coming and what for throws home? Otani swags rips a to right field. That's a base hit. Rojas will score though, Hold, that's been all a third of the Dodgers have added another. It's an RBI base hit for show Hey Otani. It's eleven to three Otani's second hit of the game.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani. Two for five on base three times including o'walk. You heard the RBI single there in the ninth in eight his twenty eighth run batted in As the Dodgers explode offensively last night in Milwaukee with an eleven to three win.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey KIRSONWN joins us from Milwaukee before the final game of this series. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. That's Cars for Kids dot org. All right, Kirsten. The Dodger last night erupted offensively, and it all got started with ta Oscar.
Speaker 10: It sure did.
Speaker 7: And if you look at Taoscar Hernandez's numbers as of late, he has three home runs four extra base hits in his last eight games. If you think about just kind of where we were earlier in the week, this was someone who Dave Roberts had moved him in the order, he was kind of struggling to get things back on track. They had him batting eighth, he was batting seventh, and even with that, Dave Roberts was saying that the hope is to potentially give him another look at the play. The hope is to just kind of give him a little bit of flexibility to free himself up to get back on track, and ultimately, when you see the results, as I mentioned, those three home runs, four extra base hits in the last eight games, it has done just that. When you talk to Taoskcar Hernandez, he has been saying that he actually has felt pretty good over the last three to four weeks. He just felt like he was hitting the ball hard on the ground and not really putting it in the air, Whereas that is what he believes has been the biggest difference. He's liked his approach. He hasn't felt like the pitches that he's been receiving now batting a little bit lower in the lineup has changed anything. But Dave Roberts has made it very clear as well that when you have someone like Tasker Hernanez, when he is at his best, when his lineup is at the best, he is someone who's more in the middle, middle, top of the order, So they like what they've been doing. They like what he's been doing right now, but Dave has made it clear he doesn't want to be too reactionary with moving him, but he is a little bit and he's now batting sixth today, but it's more of because they're still without Max Munsey. But they do like that he's gotten back on track a lot when it comes to his swing.
Speaker 6: What's the latest on Max Munsey? What's the feeling of this Dodgers coaching staff? Could it be a return for this home stand? Is it just wait and see at this point?
Speaker 7: You know what, it's a little bit of both. I think they are hopeful that they would like to see him with the return for the homestand but they also are very understanding that with that hand injury, you want to be mindful of it. Back in twenty nineteen, it took some time for it to reveal that it was a broken bone in that hand, so he might undergo some more imaging when the team gets back to Los Angeles. Roberts has said that that is a possibility. As long as he continues to feel better, then there's the other hope that maybe he could start swinging a bat tomorrow, just kind of getting the feel and seeing how that goes. His hand was still in a sleeve today, bandaged up essentially to help reduce some of that swelling, so you know he's moving in the right direction, but they do want to just make sure that they're kind of crossing their t's and dotting their eyes to make sure that he is in a good spot, because you've seen the impact that this team has had when he's not in the lineup, especially when his bat's not in the lineup, so you know, they want to make sure that he's good. That being said, Keikey Hernandez is going to be returning tomorrow, so that doesn't mean there might be some tough conversations on the horizon. He should be returning and be back in the lineup, whether that's it should be tomorrow, but also even the next few days we should be seeing him and likely playing it third. Just considering Max Munsey's injury.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll find out in the next couple of days about Max. First thing's first dodge, need to take care of business on this final game of the road trip. Riston we appreciate. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongco Casino Dodgers on deck. David Vess goes one on one with Ken Rosenthal from Fox. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Brewers on this Sunday, first pitch at eleven ten. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio note.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Gettin news on this Sunday as we lead you up to first pitch from Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers Maronggo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Brandon Sprout will go for the Brewers first pitch at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Jack Dryer on the IL, Blake Snell on the IEL. Tyler Glass now on the IL and when Diaz on the sixty day il good news, Kiki Hernandez tren on coming back off the I L in the next day or two, and the Dodgers return home to start a homestand tomorrow against the Rockies. Land in Nat Gavinstone, Evan Phillips all on the injured list. No Max Minkst in the lineup today. Still bothered by that right risk that he got hit on on Friday night. X rays came back negative, but they expect to get some more imaging just to make sure. All right, let's head back out to Milwaukee and checking out the Dodgers Skipper da the.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 9: Roberts, Yeah, you know what I think that, you know, I never liked to be, you know, completely reactionary. I just felt that he needed to kind of get a different, you know, view of the game, the lineup. He's certainly, you know, swinging the bat well. Like I said yesterday, he's taken really good at bats. I do believe that when he's in the middle of the order, that's when you know, when he when it warrants him being in the middle of the order. I think we are at our So yeah, I think that obviously Max being down for a few days certainly helps that and gives him another opportunity. But yeah, I like the way he's taking his bats each time.
Speaker 7: You're continuing to see this offense come together. Right now, What did you like just how they were able to build in especially late in the game yesterday.
Speaker 9: I like the way that they were just really stubborn in their zones, their approaches. I thought there was just a lot of fight yesterday in the advanced spoiling pitches, really kind of earning good counts to then earn walks and then you know, got some big hits. Really got to their bullpen, you know, the first two games. I do think that we've done a good job getting to their pen, and that's kind of what we're capable of doing.
Speaker 6: All Right. There's a manager, Dave Roberts, talking about the injury to maximunth see a little bit and how it's affected in his life the last couple of days. We'll get out more on that with David Vase next when we return here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck to lead you out to first pitch rubber game of this three game set for Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Sunday Memorial Day weekend. Hope you're enjoying yourself. Yoshinobu Yamamoo and Brandon Sprote The pitching matchup First pitch coming up at eleven ten from Milwaukee Dodgers Baseball. Brought to you by al Pateo, born in La. Made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your table El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David base All TV.
Speaker 6: What's the latest day with Max Muncy? Another day? No il? Are we kind of just in a waiting period?
Speaker 10: Still yeah, still in the waiting period.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts sounded optimistic that Monsey would avoid the injured list, and he did allude to the fact that the Dodgers may need to make a tough decision tomorrow when Key k Hernandez is activated. Dave said yesterday with Kyle Friedland the lefty on the mound for the Rockies tomorrow night, that Key k Hernandez being activated and will start at third base to give Munsey an extra day off.
Speaker 6: You mentioned it, They're gonna have to make a roster move as far as some subtraction. If you're gonna add Key k Hernandez. If it's not Max Munsey going to the injured list, who's the odd man out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like we're still in the same spot the Dodgers were in when they made their opening day roster and chose Alex Friedland over his song Kim to platoon at second base, to have that left handed bat with Tuning at second base with Miguel Rojas. So if it's not Kim being sent down, then you have to make a decision between Santiago Espinal being designated for assignment or putting Muncy on the IL. That would be the tough decision.
Speaker 6: Dam Is brought to you by Ford. Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American Value. For American Values, go to your Southern California Ford Dealer today or visit by fordnow dot com for more information. Eric Lower, the newdest Dodger, set to make his first appearance on Tuesday. David, but there is a reason why the blue Jays didn't want him anymore. He wasn't having a great season. Is thing's gonna change now that he's a Dodger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And six starts with the blue Jays. He had an elray of over six and a half. He did have a good year last year with the blue Jays. It just, for whatever reason, didn't click. It didn't seem like there was a lot of communication between Lower and.
Speaker 10: The Blue Jays staff.
Speaker 4: He was upset over them using an opener for him in one of his games that he pitched for them. Mark Prior and Eric Louer go back to their days in San Diego when Prior was a minor league pitching coordinator and Lower was coming up in San Diego yesterday, Lower threw a bullpen session under the watchful eyes of Mark Pryor and Connor McGinnis in preparation for Tuesday. I asked him whether or not the tweaks that they were talking about have been made already for tuesday start, you.
Speaker 11: Know, I mean, look, the main thing is him going on and competing on Tuesday, and that's what like the first line was, like, your job is to compete, and so like, as the course goes with like anybody, we will try to get to those things, you know, in appropriate time. You know, we want them to be focused on making pitches and attacking hitters, you know, kind of doing some things here that maybe hopefully we'll pay dividends on the first first start, but you know, it's probably a process that's gonna be more than you know, five six days.
Speaker 4: And Mark Pryor told me Tim, they're not focusing so much on the mechanical tweaks more than the pitch mix for Eric Lower and the Dodgers really focus on having pitchers consolidate their pitch mix to focus on what they do really well.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll find out on Tuesday. If you can turn things around in Dodger Blue David, great stuff. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dam's gonna go one on one well, Ken Roses all that's coming up in fifteen minutes. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup as well, but don't go anywhere up next to Dodgers Magical Moment. It leads up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Sunday. I'm Tim Kansas, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Brewers. This final game of this three game set rubber game is they split the first two final game of this nine game road trip for the Dodger Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Brandon sprote the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 5: Without a hot Dog who wants to hot It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Today we go back to the last season. His one start in the regular season, Yamamoto couldn't get out of the first inning against the Brewers. Well, things looked completely different in the NLCS. OH and two on bond.
Speaker 3: Pitch one to eleven coming from Yoshinobu Yamamoto, strike three swinging, Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes the distance. In Game two, the Dodgers win five to one and take a two nothing series lead in this championship series. Yamamoto's first come complete game of his major league career in the first Dodger complete game in a postseason game since Lema time in two thousand and four. The first pitch of the night a lead off home run to Jackson Curio. The next one and ten absolutely nothing.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobu Yamamoto a complete game, the first in the Dodgers postseason in twenty one years, and that one in Game two of the NLCS gave the Dodgers a two to oh series lead. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck we go check in with the lone dog, James Loney. It leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. Whoa on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Brewers rubber game of this three game Setioshinobu Yamamono Brandon sprote the pitching match up. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verizon store. Today. We head back out to Milwaukee and say hello to David Basse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, James Loney is wrapping up his final day pinch hitting for Rick Monday, who's in Cooperstown for this Memorial Day weekend. James, I know you don't like that I keep the receipts on your record against the Brewers, so they finally got a win for you last night, or I don't know if you were going to be allowed back on the plane on the way back to La.
Speaker 8: No, I know you're the first guy that was gonna bring it up to me today. I still don't like this dynamic. We're like, you're looking down on me in the booth.
Speaker 10: Was judging you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like it was judging me.
Speaker 4: I judged you during your career. I'm judging you right now as a broadcaster.
Speaker 8: Oh I feel it. I feel your piercing eyes.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts was asked about Ya momoto struggles giving up home runs. He's on pace to give up thirty home runs this year. What do you attribute that to? I know he said he doesn't believe that trend's going to continue.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers better hope it doesn't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't believe.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 8: I mean, Yamamoto's so tough to hit, and you notice a lot of hitters, they're really aggressive early in the count. And what you taught as a pitcher, you know, you taught usually throw strike one. So I think guys are just getting certain pitches that are elevated. And I think, and Ya Momota's mind is, yeah, that just wasn't my pitch, right, that was a pitch he should hit out. So I think he trusts that his stuff's gonna play down more and he can get those ground balls more.
Speaker 4: James, one thing I've noticed in the first two games of this series, you can't just get a get me over fastball against the Brewers.
Speaker 10: They are ready to take a big swing.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, is that something that Yamamoto has to be concerned about today?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so. I mean, the last two games, the Brewers have scored three runs in the first inning. They showed they're being aggressive. But I think what happens is a lot of times pitchers then they just they shy away from fastball, you know, the rest of the game, almost where I'd rather them still stick with the fastball, but have confidence they're going to place it where they want to. Yeah, a lot of the pitches are over the middle of the plate, but that doesn't mean you go away from your fastball because now a lot of times hitters see that and they start sitting on other pitches. So, you know, I mean the album Moda obviously has the ability to spot his fastball. But I'm just saying in general, especially with the Brewers, they're so good at contact, and they're so good you know, they have good plate discipline as well, But that doesn't mean the pitchers should shy away from that fastball, because that fastball can set up so many other pitches.
Speaker 4: The roof is open, the panels are open today, it's supposed to be around seventy eight degrees at first pitch. Is this better for hitters or worse for hitters? When the roof is open here at American Family Field?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think it's advantageous for hitters. You know, I think the ball fly a little more. We'll get the natural air, right, So I just I think it's a good feeling.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I don't like natural air, no no air condition. How many Dave, how many brocks did you have in Milwaukee?
Speaker 8: Loney had zero brots, zero brots. Yeah, so you know it's just not my thing.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, you sound very enthusiastic about it.
Speaker 6: So enthusiastic about that.
Speaker 4: He is ready to leave Milwaukee. The Dodgers need a happy flight. Yama Moto on the mound, James, enjoy your final broadcast day with Tim Nevertt'll check back in with you and can't wait for the call and a Dodger win with Yama Moto on the mountain right.
Speaker 8: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: DV all right, James Loney with his gene Polo on today.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Loan Dog. Dodgers Baseball presented by you and Clove Field at Dodger Stadium is a unicloude dot Com slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Tim never James Loyal, We'll get you those keys of the game. But up next to go high and tight with Ken Rosenthal from The Athletic and Fox Sports get his take on this Dodgers team. Lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Sunday. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers am Milwaukee Brewers. Final game of this three game sets Yoshanoba Yamamoto and Brandon Sprote. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven ten. Todgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vasse field insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 10: It's the Dodgers and Brewers getting set for first pitch.
Speaker 4: And we're joined right now by the man that is the best national baseball person out there multimedia from the Athletic to Fox Sports. And he was here for Saturday's game. And that's the one and only Ken Rosenthal. Ken, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 10: Appreciate it, David, thank you for the build up.
Speaker 12: I don't know if any of that's true, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: You know it is.
Speaker 10: You're safe on the Dodgers side, can I hope?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 10: I'm not safe anywhere?
Speaker 4: Actually, but okay, how much do you enjoy going over to the Brewers and talking to those young group of players.
Speaker 12: Actually, the Brewers are one of my favorite teams. And when I say favorite, I don't mean as.
Speaker 6: Far as winning and losing.
Speaker 12: I just like following them. They surprise us every year. It's often with new characters. The manager is a colorful guy, and every year I think this is it. They won't be able to sustain it, and every year they prove me wrong.
Speaker 4: We always hear David versus Goliath in the World Series, But isn't Dodgers, Brewers NLCS the epitome of David versus Goliath.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: Milwaukee is, I believe, the smallest market in the game, or if not, one of the bottom two or three, and yet them, Tampa Bay and Cleveland, those are three examples, and actually Sacramento is becoming another example. These teams do it without the great resources that the Dodgers and the other teams have. And with the Brewers. What's astonishing about them is not only do they have one of the best teams in Major League Baseball right now, they have one of the best systems. They have prospects coming. They may replace the entire left side of their infield in short order here because they've got two kids coming up behind Ortiz and whoever they're playing at third, then they have two kids behind them who might be better than those two. So it's really impressive to see how they go about this year after year.
Speaker 4: How do you believe they view themselves in comparison to the Dodgers when they seeming find each other in the postseason every other year.
Speaker 6: I don't believe.
Speaker 12: That they look at themselves in a way that's comparative to the Dodgers. They just have to do it their way, and which is not to spend money necessarily, but develop like crazy, make trades like the Caleb Durban trade that will go in their favor.
Speaker 10: At least to this point it has.
Speaker 12: And they know they're not going to compete for a Kyle Tucker or a Mookie Betts or anybody like that.
Speaker 10: But they have Christian Yelich.
Speaker 12: He's their guy, and he's a great leader for them. And again, they just go about it in their way, and their way, even in this tilted world of Major League Baseball, is rather successful.
Speaker 4: Ken Rosenthal as are a guest as we get ready for first pitch between the Dodgers and Brewers. All right, Ken, you always have great perspective. We're so in it in LA when it comes to the Dodgers. Dodger fans are really spoiled. But when you watch the Dodge, when you jump in and cover them for a series like this, how do you view them? Are they still the overwhelming favorite to win the World Series?
Speaker 12: Yes, And the reason I say that is because of the players they have on the injured list who are going to come back and probably come back just in time like they did last year. Snell Glass now Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 10: We forget about him.
Speaker 12: So beyond that, they have in their own way this ethic where like the Brewers, they know how to win. They know how to win a crunch time. We saw in the San Diego series, suddenly they rose up again. And there's a lot to that.
Speaker 10: You can't measure it.
Speaker 12: It doesn't come through an exit velocity or spin rate. He comes through in what they did in Game seven and what they do year after year.
Speaker 10: Now, they're not always successful.
Speaker 12: People forget that San Diego almost got him two years ago, Toronto almost got him last year. But they're still the team to beat, and they're going to be the se to be until someone knocks them off. And I know that they go through these periods in the regular season where they look haf asleep, disinterested. Joel Sherman, my friend from New York Post, said they treat the regular season like an annoying appetizer to the main course, which is true. But that said, they know how to do it, and they still know how to go about this.
Speaker 4: You were around the Yankees twenty years ago, twenty five years ago when they three peeded and went to four straight World Series. Do the Dodgers remind you of those Yankee teams, especially the third one in the regular season to a degree?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 12: And those Yankee teams had that special quality too, where when it was time to turn it up, they turned it up. Now it might have been four straight if not for Luis Gonzales off Mariano Rivera, and it was just a great run. Now, they had this amazing group, a core four and beyond it because Bernie Williams wasn't part of the corps for it. But great teams always have that in common. The Chicago Bulls when Jordan had that, right, I mean, growing up I was a New York Islanders fan.
Speaker 6: In the eighties, they had that.
Speaker 12: We can all name teams that were a cut above in terms of their understanding of how to compete and how to win. The Dodgers have that, so yes, could I see them winning a third straight? Could I see them being compared to those Yankee teams late nineties early two thousands.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and thanks a lot for the time. Always great to catch up with you. And I'm always curious to hear the perspective of guys like you that saw those Yankee teams and how the Dodgers navigate life.
Speaker 12: It was a long time ago. My memory is a little bit fuzzy about those years. That's twenty five years now, but Jeter set an example. I petted and rivera Pasada, and Tory was an amazing manager for them, just as Roberts as amazing manager for the Dodgers, like the right guy. So there is something there, and those Yankee teams are very special, no doubt.
Speaker 10: Thanks Ken, Thank you David there.
Speaker 4: He is my guy, Ken Rosenthal, and yes even he will receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. Travis Matthew creates elevated apparel and footwear made to meet the moment.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV great dear from Ken Rosenthal. Get his national perspective on this Dodgers team as we lead you out to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Brewers rubber game of this three game sent Brewers won the first one Friday night. Dodgers exploded for eleven runs last night to even up this series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mat will dive deeper into this pitching matchup next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for La dodh Years.
Speaker 6: Faseball hits the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers on his Sunday Memorial Day weekend. Hope you're enjoying it, relaxing, Join Little Dodger Baseball today. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 6: Matchup presented by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Brandon Sprouts on the mound, twenty five year old right hander drafted by the Mets in twenty twenty three out of the University of Florida in the second round. He was traded to the Brewers as past January in a deal for Freddie Peralta. There was a cutter a sinker, a four seam fastball and a curveball. Making his eighth start this year, tenth appearance this season, last time out, four and two thirty in East, three runs, three hits, five strikeouts in a no decision against the Chicago Cubs. This is his first time ever facing the Los Angeles Dodgers, so the Dodgers have not seen him before. They'll get their first look today. He's one and two with a five to seventy five EER. Meanwhile, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers three and four with a three thirty two EER. The twenty seven year old right hander in his last start May eighteenth versus San Diego win seven innings, allow three hits, one run, two walks while striking out eight batters. Yamamoto has gotten well, not a lot of run support in his starts this year as he makes his tenth start this year. He has pitched deep into the last three starts six innings, six and a third and then seven innings last time out against the San Diego Padres, So the Dodgers looking to get some length out of Yamamoto today, who last time he pitched at American Family Field. Pretty impressive. That was a postseason game, Game two the NLCS, as you heard, tossed a complete game, giving up just one run. During the regular season. Last year July seventh, m Milwaukee, he didn't fare so well. Yamamoto pitched two thirds of an inning, gave up three runs, earned five runs total, including a home run, in a loss to the Milwaukee Brewers. But he bounced back in a big way and came two of the NLCS last October. Looking to duplicate that here today, as the Dodgers look to get out of Milwaukee with the series winning head back home after a big nine game road TRIPU Yoshinobu Yamamoto brandon sprote the pitching matchup Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys of the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 6: Long, and the Dodgers and the Brewers from Milwaukee on this Sunday. Yoshinoba Yamamoto brandon sprot to the pitching man Jump first pitch coming up at eleven ten. As we get you ready for the start of the game with Sapporo's Start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. On this Memorial Day weekend, Soporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with Baseball. Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time. Tim Nevert and James Loni, guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks again, Tim, We were counting it down to the first pitch here this afternoon between the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers. The Dodgers snapped a nine game winning streak during the regular season by the Brewers. The Dodgers, obviously in the last several seasons, not just last year, had won the games when they counted in the postseason, coming off a four game sweep in the National League Championship Series, and the guy who pitched in Game two through a complete game, he was absolutely marvelous last year, Yoshinobu Yamamoto. He returns to the scene of the crime where he dominated the Brewers here in Milwaukee. What do you expect out of Yamamoto here today during a regular season game?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think we're going to expect the normal Yamamoto that we've seen, which is elite. You know, a lot of the hits that he gave up this year a home run. I mean, oh, you know, over fifty percent of the runs that he's given up are home runs. And what that tells me is, you know a lot of times the hitters they know they don't want to get to that two strike count. A lot of these home runs are before two strikes, so they're being aggressive. And you know, ya, Moto's in the zone for the most part, has the splitter dives out of the zone a lot of times, but the hitters are being aggressive on him. You know, Like I said, he's not giving up that many hits, but when he's given up the hits, you know, they're usually a home run. So I really feel like, you know, he knows that in his head, and there are times deming on the score, like if we can get him a few runs, he didn't mind giving up a solo home run. That's what great pitchers do. They pitched the contact and they don't mind that.
Speaker 2: And That's the key though, is getting him the runs. It seems like every pitching staff has that one guy that doesn't get the run support, and it's been Yamamoto this year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, you know, I don't think he's too worried about it over time. It just happens to be like that, you know, right now. But he's gonna pitch his game, you know what I mean. Obviously, when you get a guy more runs, you can be more aggressive in the strike zone. And you know with this Brewis lineup, they're just you know, Dave always says that they're pesky, right, They just battle. They go to three two counts a lot. You know, they hit the ball the other way, they draw their walks. So you know, I mean, stuff is gonna play to any team. But I think you know, expect them to have contact and the defensive play behind them.
Speaker 2: Yo Chinobo Yama modo against Brandon Sproute. That is coming up lineups and first pitch just around the corner.
Speaker 6: Tip all right. Dodgers going to play a half game up on San Diego in the NL West. Padres in action later on this afternoon when they play host to the Athletics. Will keep you updated on that I'll be back with all the postgame festivities when this one is over. Enjoyed everybody. It's the Dodgers and Brewers rubber game of this three game set. Dodgers looking to win this series and come home after a tremendous nine game road trip that saw the Dodgers sweep the Angels last weekend, take two or three in San Diego, and looking for a series win today in Milwaukee. First Pitches next. Enjoyed. I'm Tim Kason's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network