Speaker 1: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with us ring a nice to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us forward.
Speaker 2: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demograph super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo ndogay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the fifteenth day of January twenty twenty six. We're here on the Power Trip Morning Show. Made it through the night. Hope you did too. Things are getting tough out there, ladies and gentlemen, be careful, take care of yourselves. Here's what we got on the show today. If Fargar Flash will be here, I think that's about it. Oh, we do have our vikings. We have where our Power Trip Press conference are our year and press conference. At some point today we'll do that for you and so much more. So let's get her started. Here's some comedy from Tim Slagel Power Trip Morning Show on a wild, weird Thursday morning. Come on in now. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: For two years we've had those stupid ads. If you don't have cable or satellite TV, if you use an antenna, if you have a television built before two thousand and five, you need a converter box. Call this eight hundred number. You can get a cupe on worth forty dollars off on your converter box twenty four hours more to go. It's like that's it all over, and the Congress meets in an emergency session. You know, there's a lot of people that don't know yet. You can go on the internet actually to get your cupeon, which.
Speaker 2: Makes no sense.
Speaker 1: You don't know television going digital, but you can work a computer that's as useless as the braille keys on the drive up atm Win.
Speaker 4: The side is weeding, feets on your side. You hear the distance under this land, and then you stride.
Speaker 2: Utral Mornay Show its Thursday, January fifteenth of twenty twenty six, twenty twenty six. I'm Corey. That's Chris, there's Paul, there's Zach. Yeah, no Lever today, no Tommy Today, no human cocaine.
Speaker 4: As far as we know, they're alive, right, we believe so, I think, so okay, good.
Speaker 2: I assume dot com tom today too right, Yes, as far as we know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anybody's alive about that. We may war, so I have no idea. So we'll do our best.
Speaker 2: There is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I don't know that there is that in't there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man? Yeah, only one winner.
Speaker 4: How do you do comedy today?
Speaker 2: Huh? Well, I would argue we don't do comedy most days. That's a good one man's opinion.
Speaker 4: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your Huk's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh cool? You're meeting that. He's funny and I'm not. No, you're all funny. Well, I look at that.
Speaker 4: I was saying that. That's what I was saying either. Yeah, I think I'm a very funny guy.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 4: I think I'm a barrel of monkeys, especially in the day like today. Yeah, I feel like today I'll be at my best.
Speaker 2: It's never a game at target, Isn't there like a kid's game called Barrel of Monkeys?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yea barrel.
Speaker 5: I never played that bit sort of in the vein of you know, like Cherry, what's that game?
Speaker 2: Hi, Jerry? Yeah, I think the same. I think the same people that make Don't Break the Ice make something like that. Don't Wake Daddy. Oh yeah, God, don't that freaking game. Yeah, we had that when the kid was pretty little. It sucks. That game sucks.
Speaker 4: I used to play that with my girlfriend. Oh back in high school when I was sneaking round of the bed.
Speaker 2: And then well because then he would want to fight you. Daddy wakes up. You guys are gonna throw hands, So wake daddy.
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Would you say it or would she say? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Both of us? Oh, that was first game we played.
Speaker 2: Can I You didn't say it to your sister, did you?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 2: No, just checking? Did you say it?
Speaker 4: I would say it because I was I cared about my sisters. I was like, kays, don't wake daddy. Ye right, So I don't want to get in trouble for allowing you to continue hooking. And also, uh, I probably I should have stopped you, but but I need the money and and I'm your pimp.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, you were your sister's pimp. It.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: That's nice of you, though, Well it was it. Yeah, it wasn't until I sho didn't listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know she's still doing it now. Yeah, someone going to teach her a lesson.
Speaker 4: Say you're my sister.
Speaker 2: You've watched a few too many videos.
Speaker 4: You've never seen Joe Dirt, have you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Never mind?
Speaker 2: Have you No? I haven't either. Yeah, I've heard it's great.
Speaker 4: It's very it's it's it's good.
Speaker 5: I like it very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, never saw it. I haven't seen any You.
Speaker 4: Guys don't watch great films.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen most of kid rocks work. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I did see him once in concert though, go outside way back in the day. Was it good? He opened with I should have laught. I should have left after that because that song kicked ass and it was awesome. And then after that, I'm like, oh boy, you you're lead with that. I should just go I am the bull God. Not really, but I like that song. That song's okay, yeah, like yeah, cow cowboy. Sure.
Speaker 4: I can't say cowboy that because I don't want to get suits. I go, mam, yeah, oh right on, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, not right?
Speaker 4: Not rhino rag out. That'd be a that'd be a scarier song with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, rhinos are pains in the ass. Well they can be sure, they can be sure? Sure? Yeah, well played they have a horn. I wonder how many people they kill you. Let me look this up. How many people a year the fifteenth year by rhinos? Rhinos? Do you think?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Did you guess?
Speaker 4: How many rhinos?
Speaker 2: On average? Estimates suggest how many human deaths a year from rhinos?
Speaker 5: Seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen? Right, Yeah, I'm gonna go with five. This is according to the old Artificial Intelligent Intelligence overview the AI overview, Rhinos kill very few people, with estimates suggesting only two to three human deaths a year, as attacks are rare and usually defensive when they feel threatened or startled. Yeah, this could be a little bit more, they say, depending on bad documentation, but still yeh yeah, we're talking probably single digits. Well that's good. Hippos kill around five hundred people a year, Yeah, they're mean, how about this elephants anywhere between fourteen and five hundred. That's a huge difference. Yeah, Saus, I know you know this. I know you've retained this over the How long have you been here twenty years? Yeah, you've been here twenty years. I know We've said this enough where you know the answer, Max isn't here to be like I got my boy. Yeah, so I'm going to say it. I believe in you. Oh wow, that's a first, because we've we've talked about this, I bet forty times on a yearly basis what animal kills the most people? Oh my god. The fact you have it's not a great way. The fact that you haven't answered immediately immediately concerns me.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what is it? Mosquito? Oh, I didn't know that. We've talked about it so many times. I thought you had Oh yeah, I thought you had it. Don't remember that you had it. I don't remember that. And isn't technically that an insect not an animal? I mean, we're all just a bunch of bleeping animals. Yeah, kills the most people every year. I didn't know that. We've talked about that so many times. What are times? I mean at least a dozen. Oh, I did not know that. I don't remember talking about that once. Yeah, that's weird. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Was it two summers ago or one summer ago when you had like the worst mosquito bites in world's history.
Speaker 2: I know that was during the World Series of Poker, right before I left. So that was July of maybe, yeah, maybe twenty two or twenty three. Yeah, Oh my gosh twenty three. Maybe they were beat red. Dude, that was hell for like two weeks. Couldn't have timed it worse. And you know it's bad when the guy that was sitting next to me goes, you are right, like what is that? I'm like, I don't know, this is bed bug bites?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were huge, yep and bright red and I couldn't I couldn't shake them and they couldn't stop itching. And uh yeah, I got bit to hell the night before I left for Vegas and that bothered me for weeks. And I'm not exactly it was weeks.
Speaker 5: Are you getting it on in front of a campfire?
Speaker 2: Nope? Yeah, just dus shouldn't have Warren shorts in the middle of July. And that's why why do I go outside? Yeah? Did you get a bunch of like calamine lotion?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I tried every lotion on the planet. And by the way, oh, I caught a lot of hell this year from you know who. When I was like, yeah, I'm not going outside, I'm going to Vegas tomorrow. I'm staying in, but we're gonna go out and the neighbors are gonna do this or we're gonna do fireworks. No, nope, I'm staying in and I'm gonna wear seven layers of pants. I'm not doing that again.
Speaker 4: You could have worn yeah, you could have worn pair could have it was too hot and I did not have to go outside now anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I mean, why does anybody leave their house? I don't know. Yeah, I mean you still might get the door kicked down, but uh, I mean the house.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I slept here last night, did you really?
Speaker 2: I did? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why did you sleep here last I was afraid that they were going to shut the city down and we weren't going to be able to get in here, so I came here just in case so I could the report on the end of the world from in the studio.
Speaker 2: Where did you sleep in my car? You love doing that.
Speaker 4: I couldn't sleep anyway, so like a little after midnight, I just drove on in here and just hung out here. I did take a shower before I came in, and so I didn't smell it up in here.
Speaker 2: Fantastic choice, Thank you?
Speaker 6: Is that shower still there? Like in my house on the other side of the building, Remember that one shower? Hawk that you would go to like the you.
Speaker 5: Made the workout, Jim. You know, it's a great question.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, have no idea, but you know I watched my my slut parts in the in the sink for.
Speaker 2: That's about every part of your body.
Speaker 4: Well it could be, I guess, yeah, you're what was in the sink, Eddie? Why do you wash your thing in the sink?
Speaker 2: Yes? All time? Oh so good? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure during the remodel here they're going to put a new shower in so we can all just bathe together.
Speaker 4: I don't think they are. Oh yeah, I don't think they are.
Speaker 2: I don't think they are.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about the raffle? Are you upset?
Speaker 2: Don't love it? Yeah? Yeah, I thought you would. I thought that would be the whole first segment. Yeah you reply. I kind of called the other day. I'm like, they're probably just going to raffle it off because why this company doesn't want money.
Speaker 5: I've offered for like three years to pay for.
Speaker 2: That Gallaghan machine slash pac Man machine, and they've said, uh no, Well Lee volsovic As first, Well, Lee's already told me I can have it. In fact, Lee already emailed me and said she's going to put her name in the raffle, and if she wins a raffle, she's giving it to me because Lee's the best. Yeah, okay, anyway, so long story longer. They're going to raffle the whole thing off. This is a little like meat saucing it. Just taking your ball and go home. But I'm like, I'm not gonna win the raffle. I almost am like, do I even put my name in the running for this or do I just say forget it? Somebody else can just have it and I just give up that dream. Well, two things again, these are the problems that are the most important this morning, me getting my hands on a video game console that you'll play like twice. Well, two things.
Speaker 6: On this one, they're only gonna like, they're gonna raffle and then you get to pick of off the list what you want the moment?
Speaker 2: What what? Right? Come on, So it's somebody's gonna choose a standing desk or the pac Man machine, and they might pick the standing desk, like and not everybody's going to want that. Now.
Speaker 6: The other one is, you know who's more pissed than anybody at this point about your predicament go on, Jared, because they had to, I guess, go into that thing and fix it up. And they had to, like they brought it back to life basically, And Jared was like, my one request is that it goes to a home, somebody that's gonna use it, use it and appreciate. I want it to be my friend ever home. He thought you would be perfect for that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jared.
Speaker 6: And now it might go to somebody who just wins a raffle and just maybe has it gathered dust in a garage.
Speaker 2: Now, look, here's the deal. We've had that thing since the day we moved into this building twenty plus years ago. Sure, ninety nine percent of the time it's been unplugged. Yeah, and that's why years ago it's like, can I just have it, I'll pay you for it, But it just sits here and collects dust. It's not even plugged in. Yeah, I don't know why they just didn't give it to you.
Speaker 6: I think I'm going to enter. I'm gonna win it. I'm gonna sell it to you. Yeah, I know, well I'll buy it.
Speaker 2: That's Gane. I'd rather give you the money than the company I mean, i'll charge you like a buck, but I just want you to buy it. I'd rather give you the money. Yeah, I'm entering right now because that look, that's it's a brilliant idea. Let's go, let's go full circle. Then when I have it, one less reason to leave my house, because again, right now, who wants to go outside? It's colder in hell to forget it's forget just the the civil unrest. It's civil unrest and it's freezing. Sucks out there. Man.
Speaker 5: But it's a multiplayer thing too, right, so maybe you friends over.
Speaker 2: I'm not interested in that.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 2: As I was.
Speaker 4: I asked about getting one of the They got a fake They had a fake Less Paul hanging on the wall.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cool looking little guitar. That's a good little neck on that thing. I could play that. And I asked Emily about it, you know, because I figured we just throw them away problics, you know. And then when they were there, she was like, well, you know, we'll let you know, and then they put them in the auction. I was like, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I had the exact same reaction when I saw the gal like the machine.
Speaker 6: Well, I just had more there. The cabinets part of that was just taken by whoever wants. Wait, I mean they just okay, cabinets, n somebody took all of all of them.
Speaker 2: How that worked out? So wait, there are things that people can just take apparently apparently, but your freedom, or your friends or your neighbors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a really weird rant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is weird to figure out what to talk about that. Yeah, I don't know. I'm going to buy a place in Greenland. I don't know if I If I go, I am, I'm gonna do it, go further east. I'm gonna I'm gonna be the first there. I'm gonna put the first McDonald's in Greenland.
Speaker 2: Don't give land in Scotland. There are no McDonald's in Greenland.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man. I know that they named Greenland Greenland because it's icy in Iceland, because Iceland.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I'm saying, first franchise e, that's right.
Speaker 6: Population is legitimately less than a US Bank stadium crowd for a Vikings.
Speaker 2: It's fifty six thousand, I know, the entire country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they better be mobilized. They better be ready, because here I come with my McDonald's. Don't take like no McDonald's. That's my second Eddie Murphy references.
Speaker 2: Many do have McDonald's is great? Can we order some?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 4: Can't? They pray? I better not say that.
Speaker 2: Can we get chick fil a?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Whatever you want?
Speaker 2: Would you eat some hogs?
Speaker 4: Would I eat some hogs?
Speaker 2: My love bacon?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Some chick fil a?
Speaker 4: Well, hell yeah I would cool. I could pay for it quick, brat.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, with this video game money? Because you slipped it on me. Hawk paid for it last time.
Speaker 4: I think I did. Did I pay yourse?
Speaker 1: Echo?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yes, okay, good, I'm just return in the favor.
Speaker 4: Oh thanks, buddy, Bob.
Speaker 2: The dude. Oh man, man, I wish somebody would do something about this situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder who could say.
Speaker 4: It's time?
Speaker 2: What do we call on in times of need? Here he comes to save the day. I don't think you can stand it?
Speaker 4: How could he stand it? It's his city?
Speaker 2: I wonder. I wonder who we're not using to finish this off. More of the power to your morning show, More worthless complaints, breaking sports news overnight. That's a distraction. We can talk about that when we get back Fargo. Flish will come in all right, he will be here if he makes it in Bargo, Flash will be here again. We think dot com eight o'clock hour, no labor today. He's in Florida with Twin City's live. Must be rough. That's right, got out at the right time for Santa Belle Islander, wherever the hell he is. Uh No, Tommy, Tommy will be here tomorrow for a little bit. Always Tomorrow is coming in always combust. Well when it's Cristel and Tommy at the same time, my Lord, then our buddy Andrew DePaul is going to be here to low. It'll be fun next forty eight hours. This is the Power to morning show on the Fan. Hey, Sauce, yes, hogs here.
Speaker 4: You grew up in the rich world. Sure is that you remember that place down in down by South Dale called Cucumbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is that still open? I think so? It's great. What is it? It's a salad place, huge salad salad bar. Yeah, just bitch and man Parker there. Yeah that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a weird thing.
Speaker 6: You got to thirty percent. Sure it's open. Yeah, we went there once. It's very good. Habit loves it. I'll put that in the book.
Speaker 4: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: This his book would be electric.
Speaker 1: It is electric.
Speaker 4: I've got to some publishers yest In, they're electrified.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that place is great. I think I might write a book.
Speaker 4: You should.
Speaker 2: I got a handful of topics. I'd like to address. Nothing that I'm directly connected to. But my mate, you know, might make some money, might move some products. Yeah, I got a couple ideas.
Speaker 4: You get better at typing as you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're pretty good. I'm gonna do voice to text. I'm not going to type anything. I might just have a I write the whole book and then just take credit for it and make money there speeches. Yeah sure. What was that type again that Abbott likes the restaurant cucumbers? Yeah he does.
Speaker 4: He's eating salad, sorry, Chad. Yeah, I'm just taking shot at everybody.
Speaker 2: Has he though? Yeah? Oh god, he loves it. I have somebody a grand Wow, it's very good. It's a fifty foot salad bar.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of feet. Hey, yeah, who eats that many feet?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: They have a salad bar? Say that again? Fifty foot salad bar. That's a huge bitch. They have a hot entree bar, homemade soups, fresh bakery, and they do takeout.
Speaker 4: Wasn't hot?
Speaker 5: Andre and outcasts?
Speaker 4: Thank?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll played. And where you're going? Yeah, it's good. What do you want to go?
Speaker 4: I just thought of it.
Speaker 2: I'd go today if you want.
Speaker 4: Where are we going again? Cucumbers? That's too many letters. I don't know how to suck cucumbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your tad does. Okay, that's a really nice thing to say about it.
Speaker 4: Dad, I can't believe you said something.
Speaker 1: But it's not a.
Speaker 5: Super hard word. But you know it's not cat or dog.
Speaker 2: I mean good for good for Dwight.
Speaker 5: But if you want to go, I'll go. We have to bring a linus.
Speaker 4: But Louis and Steve like cucumbers.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, he'd go. Yeah. Man.
Speaker 6: They have their soups today, you guys ready, chicken noodle, caribbean chicken chili. Nobody cares are we allowed to eat that these days? Chicken parmesan.
Speaker 2: We don't care.
Speaker 4: To have chicken parmesan soup.
Speaker 2: Yep and garlic three bean, we don't even care.
Speaker 4: Did sound like a jazz flute in here if I played in the fights Garlic three bean soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you want to go, I'll go.
Speaker 4: That's that's you know, I'm gonna consider it.
Speaker 2: Garlic three Bean sounds like the name of a Harlem Globe trotter, right, like a Hall of Fame level one. Like, oh god, I remember growing up watching Garlic three Bean. That guy could do it all.
Speaker 6: What a ball handler? Well, he was like the Professor. That guy's like still a thing, Professor. Yeah, I follow him on Instagram.
Speaker 2: He's you follow Professor on Instagram. He's like a huge d overseas like he does like shows right, like like the Harlem Globe drips. If you guys don't know what we're talking about. He's like the one of the street ballers from back in the day. What was that called the and one mixtape? Guys that idea? Oh and the Professor basically looked like me. He was like a five to eleven white kid that could just dribble like it was nobody's business. Yeah, so think like Jason Williams back in the day. White chocolate but on steroids. Yes, I like white chocolate, just nothing but just tricks and deceptive moves, and the professor would make people basically break their ankles chick some deceptive moves, and then he would lob it up to some guy that could just hammer some three sixty backflip dunk. Do you remember Cadillac? Not really. He was like the huge dude that just shot threes from the corner. Was he the guy that played with garlic three mean?
Speaker 4: Yes, he got to save Minneapolis yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, that that's a different guy. I wonder who could save this city? Hello a r m hm m m my god. I agree. So are we are we? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: Are we going to Cucubers? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably not. Thanks for the invite. You're invited, but you wouldn't need any of it. No, I would eat the salad. I wouldn't drink the pepsi products that they serve. Of course, how did you know that? He immediately it's literally cocher pepsi.
Speaker 6: We have a variety of beverages to choose from that are all pepsi products. We offer pepsi products at the end of the salad bar.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry that, Oh there he goes. What about the hot entree bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything that hot. Oh, I'm sure other people like well, what about Eric Andre. You like Eric Andre? Yeah, he's very hilarious. Three thousand Andre the Giant, Yes, l R. I p right, Andre, I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna go to this place today. Wasn't there like a seal named Andrea? Sure in some movie? Yeah, that was one of my all time favorite songs. I love that jam.
Speaker 6: Hmmm, I hate the Eagles Man, Well they're out. That's such a good movie, such a good movie movie. Andre the Seal was a famous harbor seal in rock Port Main.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I just that was in the back of my mind that there was some seal named Andrea. I thought it was in a movie, though it was a book by Lou Deats. I didn't read that, so that's not how I know it.
Speaker 5: You remember his grandma and Norma?
Speaker 2: What was your name? Enorma Beats. That's a terrible name. Your hands up, Enorma Beats.
Speaker 5: You would his dad get it on?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're asking?
Speaker 6: Wood Hawk Bang Loud Dietz's grandma e Norma Deats. This show is definitely not doing our part. I can't do it well until two o'clock tonight. Well, I mean yeah, you'll call andre I remember this book.
Speaker 2: If we were, if we wouldn't get fined, I would play the Superman theme song.
Speaker 5: Anyway, did we played in sports last night?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Again, like I said, we did have breaking news overnight. John Harbaugh finalizing a deal to be the New York Giants head coach.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's where he wants to live.
Speaker 2: I thought that was an interesting choice though, I don't know, man, Yeah, do they have a quarterback? Have you? If you're a coach that's established, excuse me, as established as Harbaugh is from a multiple MVP and Lamar Jackson to Jackson dart and you're gonna hope that it works. I don't know, man. Yeah, most of the teams that are available don't have quarterbacks. That's why they're losing, right, Yeah, So by definition, you're probably going to a team that does not have an established quarterback, otherwise they would be winning. So I get that that's part of it.
Speaker 6: But give the fifth overall pick, you've a really good defensive line.
Speaker 2: Dart works. Yeah. Anyway, Yeah, the Giants are set to hire John Harbough. We'll talk a little bit more about that and more Front Page Sports after this.
Speaker 6: Cam'f and welcome some great shows to Mystic leg Amphitheater.
Speaker 2: John Mellencamp.
Speaker 6: Mellencamp will be there July fourteenth, Chris Stapleton on July twenty, ninth and thirtieth, and Guns n' Roses will be their August eighth. Get the complete show details in all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at campaign dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: All right, let's sock sports. Let's uh was it that day? Is that right? Sham said? I think it was yesterday. I don't know yesterday. Barrero hammered the forty one donut bit, so that might be the forty one donut anniversary yesterday. I think the miracle is a handful of days ago, because I think he talks about that as well. Who do I know? Everything I said might have just been wrong the miracles yesterday? What about forty one donut because that was definitely the theme of his show yesterday. Mitch Berger also January fourteen. They were both on the same day, so one of the worst days in Vikings history and arguably the best day in Viking So which.
Speaker 5: One did Burrell cover?
Speaker 2: There was a there was a lot of forty one donut talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I tuned in in the middle of the Mitchburger thing. I swear to you this is not an ex I thought it was Bob Hagen for about five minutes. They sound so much alike. Really, I thought it was Bob Hagen. Hagen just said he was gonna be on the radio. I watched Mitch Berger and the guy who's gonna say Minneapolis almost fight one time A long time again.
Speaker 2: O kidding. What happened?
Speaker 4: Rosie had said something about him and Mitch confronted him in the locker room, and I think Mitch thought Rosie was just gonna back down, and Rosie did not.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Really interesting. That's when I was brand new to.
Speaker 2: The radio station.
Speaker 4: We've talked about that before on the show.
Speaker 5: See we need something like that to happen at the fan today or maybe.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, like what if, like what if Rudy Gobert knocked out Rosie's teeth just with a punch.
Speaker 4: Rosie stand out.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, because.
Speaker 2: Rosie goes to Wolves games, Like what if Rosie said something about Gobert? Go bear either listen to the podcast or saw the clip on Twitter confronts him Rosie doesn't back down because he's also a very tall man.
Speaker 5: He's not a seven foot like Colbert.
Speaker 2: And then Gobert just says, I don't know, something super intimidating in French and then punches him in the face. Yeah that's Russian. Yeah what if I don't know? Jonathan Grenard just kicked the hell out of tackle Terry Tuma for almost no reason. Wow, he wouldn't. He's a sweet dude. Why is tackling the Viking? He's been critical of Grenard's play this year. Oh, I wanted to confront him. Get off of them? Okay? Front Page Sports.
Speaker 6: Time now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 2: Holiday Station Stores buy to get one free when it comes to Monster Energy for a limited time, including the Ultra Punk Punch. You can get that at Holiday. You can get any Monster flavors. You mix a mesh two for one by two get one free, I should say, I guess that's technically slightly different. By two get one free at Holiday. Our guy made it official. Adam Feelin is announcing his retirement from the NFL. He said he's done twelve year career, but nine plus with the Vikes. Something like that. Fourth most catches in Viking's history, behind just Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Justin Jefferson. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember being at the tryout he was at, and I specifically remember he was doing like everything he did he was hustling right, everything he did was on purpose and all this right. And then I remember they also had Chris Carter's son in for a.
Speaker 2: Tryout.
Speaker 4: His name is Chris Carters.
Speaker 6: He also did a hustling Nope, he thought he was on the team, And it was like night and day, the difference of like you could tell thelan was like serious about it and Chris Carter's son just thought.
Speaker 2: He was gonna make the team. Yeah. So I saw some of the stats. Adam Feelin sixty four touchdowns that is tied for seventy fourth all time. Receiving right, seventy fourth, Yeah, eight ninety seven yards that's ninety seventh all time. So the two big ones yards and touchdowns. You could argue catches too. He's got seven hundred and four catches. You're talking like a top one hundred receiver of all time. Now, when you're Randy Moss and you want to be like the top one or two of all time, you'd be like, Okay, well whatever, Jefferson's going to be like a top five guy maybe when it's all said and done as well, it's pretty cool in the history of football to be like, I was one of the best one hundred receivers that's ever played.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty cool. And I made the team at a tryout.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you look at his numbers in the last what decade or so, he's one of the most productive wide receivers in the NFL. Yeah, in the last twelve seasons. Yeah, pretty good run for our guy, man. Adam feeln yep. Shout out to feeling of a story. Pro bowler in twenty and seventeen, Pro bowler in twenty eighteen. Yeah, great, dude, huge, huge piece on that huge friend on the twenty seventeen team.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't think it was. Here's I mean, a little above average.
Speaker 2: You've seen it. Oh yeah, here's a Jordan Addison update. This is This isn't a super dramatic update, but we have a little more detail about the incident at the casino the other day that he got arrested for. He allegedly refused to leave a casino restaurant multiple times, and then when he was being escorted out of the building, he also repeatedly was redirected towards the front exit because he didn't want to go where they were selling him to go. So he was doing court February third for arraignment with someplace called the Bow Palace Noodle Bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, those are good noodles.
Speaker 2: I bet, yeah, you can eat j u b a oh chubboo juwboo. I don't know. Palace noodle bar a noodle bar.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they have pepsi products. He's gonna So that was at the Seminal Hard Rock Casino in Tampa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I bet those noodles are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet they are good. Yeah. I don't know what you do with Jordan. We'll see. I mean, I don't think you trade him at like his lowest. It would be selling low.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what you don't do with him. You don't drag racing. That's not blow your doors off. Yeah, that's a good will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right. Yeah, not messing around. No, it's not. If you're going to drag risk and make sure that he's under the influence and asleep behind the wheel in La. You know what that is? The time to dragon and then say, on your market, set go.
Speaker 5: But don't tell him this.
Speaker 4: Don't tell him there's noodles to be had at the end of the strip or.
Speaker 2: A sick dog. But I just caught myself. How many drag races start with on your mark, grease? Did? I don't? I don't know. I I gotta think there's a more manly way to do it than just have one guy yell out the window on your market and said, go, of course you're on your mark.
Speaker 5: You at the starting line and you're ready on your mark.
Speaker 2: Get set. I am set, Yeah, I am set go. I'm doing all that. Man.
Speaker 7: God, he's fast in a car, yes, yeah, man, and probably on foot too. I bet he did have a lot of drops this here. Yeah, and I don't even know what the number is. It just seemed like it was way too many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 4: It's the noodle juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: He loves these noodles.
Speaker 2: Yep, he loves these wants to go to the noodle bar, asked multiple times to leave the noodle bar. Man, Man, So that has to be drunkenness though, right, Why would they ask you which the by the way, the story I read did not say anything about obvious intoxication or him being belligerent. Well, I just people, I just.
Speaker 4: Probably would not want to say, well, yeah, obviously we overserved him.
Speaker 2: Yeah correct, I mean, but from a law enforcement perspective, you would assume in the report would be he was intoxicated and not responding to officers demands, because otherwise, think of how rowdy you have to be to be completely sober and be asked to leave a noodle bar.
Speaker 6: Zach your hands up. Quick update on this story. Well, no, they serve canned soda Coca Cola products, but it is in cans, so never mind noodles and just cann You're felting like an adult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you are a judging man, right though.
Speaker 2: And that's a can of diet coke. There's nothing wrong with it. It's like, that's great. That's for like a picnic in the summertime. You know, you got the you are judge, Yeah, the basket. You don't want to just sit at a blackjack table in Tampa, Florida and somebody hands you a nice cold, canned diet coke.
Speaker 6: I want a fizzy glass with ice full of wonderful diet coke.
Speaker 4: I hope you have that. I hope that for you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope they really can't get that anywhere.
Speaker 6: Something great, which I just realized because other than like Fortune Bay, great Spot, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Oh can we go?
Speaker 6: Sure, let's go Great Spot, great golf course too. Oh yeah, I was there in a donkey costume.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So security came over and asked me what I was doing. Seen Bear's family is a cat but me, No, I was talking to Corey.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, they did not know. Does he ever go to tavern on the bed?
Speaker 2: I'm sure? Yeah, badass. Yeah, he has a cabin up there in tower.
Speaker 4: He told us every time. Hey, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 4: I'm actually making a I'm gonna make a point, not a question. H Jordan Addison, Uh, if he was intoxicated. Is an amateur because everybody knows you don't eat noodles when there's a chance you might throw up m because those song little bit dangle right out of your nose. It looked like you sneeze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, h.
Speaker 4: Relax, uh hawk, Oh God, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: I can't do it? All right? Never mind?
Speaker 4: Hey, go ahead, No, please, I'll try.
Speaker 2: Is this the kind of place you can walk by and wave?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, I mean that's what I like to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, do you know anybody who's been in there is in a nice spot? Oh he has?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: All right, that's all I have. Looks nice, Thank you, looks pretty sweet.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Man. Fortune Bay is cool. Well, yeah it is. They have a great casino.
Speaker 4: I think you should go there, have some noodles.
Speaker 2: I did well one night and did horrible the next. It was great. That was a roller coaster. Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 4: Did you gamble it all.
Speaker 2: Hawk? Have you been there?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, he normally blacks out the second he waltks in it just like Stargate. Wow, he just transports to a different time in place.
Speaker 5: I had a way Mo drop me off at casino without my knowledge.
Speaker 2: No, no, it drove casino.
Speaker 4: I got much longer to live.
Speaker 2: What really matters is next Dems in a little Bit Dot Tom Tom Lad is the power Troy Job.
Speaker 6: They spend an evening with Jeff Foxworthy, known for his signature you might be a redneck redneck joke. Don't miss out when the Grammy nominated Legend takes the stage at the Treasure Island Events Center on March fourteenth. Secure your tickets today at TIA Casino dot com for a night of laughs.
Speaker 2: Sure, why not?
Speaker 4: Thanks? Pat, Pet's him?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Should we do what really matters?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think we should Core.
Speaker 2: Cool because it's sponsored by Ovo Lasik and Lens. Go get your life, change my more glasses, No more contacts, Ovo Lasik and Lens. One of the best decisions ever. Get Lasik. Yeah, all right. So the Wild host Winnipeg tonight at seven o'clock right here on the fan. I think I don't know. I haven't checked the schedule. I wish I have. It would just email it to me. The Wild have dropped four of their last five. They're one, two and two in that stretch that they got some points. It's over.
Speaker 4: What's over.
Speaker 2: The Tampa Bay Lightning have caught him. They've won eleven straight games. So the Wild and Lightning tied for the third most points in the excuse me points in the NHL with sixty one the red hot Tampa Bay Lightning. So Sauce, I didn't make the parish bet with you this year. Yeah, if I had, I'd be in huge trouble again. I know that the playoffs are a crap shoot. That's how hockey works, I get it. Yeah, but Colorado looks unstoppable, Dallas is super good, the wild are super good. Tampa comes to lightning, all of the top teams would be parish teams. Yeah, m'd be in trouble. Yeah you would.
Speaker 6: But was it Boston Taco a few years ago that was unbelievable and then lost in the first round? It was Tampa in Tampa crap shoot for sure, But yeah, you would have all of the top horses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good thing we didn't make that bet.
Speaker 4: What really matters disgusting target practice ever, by.
Speaker 5: The way, which is what a crap Yeah, you know who loves that?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 4: Who your dad? Huh?
Speaker 2: Your dad?
Speaker 5: Her dad is dad? What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Who your dad?
Speaker 4: Guys, We've talked about it before, but I'll bring it up again. Fiery hot molasses flooded the streets of Boston on the state in nineteen nineteen, killing twenty one people injuring scores of others. The molasses burst from a huge tank at the United States Industrial Alcohol Company Building in the heart of the city. The United States Industrial Alcohol Building was located on Commercial Street.
Speaker 2: Boy, yeah, I'm not going to let my city, thank you, just get flooded with molasses. Well, somebody, even it's going to be slow moving. Somebody's got a step up and do something and stop that molasses. Are a lot of people asking you to help. Nobody's asked me yet.
Speaker 4: It was close to lunchtime on January fifteenth, and Boston was experiencing some unseasonably warm weather. On January fifteenth, workers were loaded in the freight train cars. Next to the workers with fifty eight foot high tank. Fifty eight foot high wow, tank filled with two point five million gallons of crude molasses. It was just cursing at people, saying terrible, filthy things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that naughty molasses. Molasses cookies are unbelievable. I bet that was the last time we brought that up. I bet I said that.
Speaker 4: I bet you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just substinctially. It's lasses. Oh they're super good. Yeah you've not had them. Of course he has the elite. Of course. No, that wasn't Chris talking. That was the crude molasses. Yeah, man was very judgable. Wait oh yeah yeah, yeah, molasses cookies are legit. It looks like a ginger snack exactly, which are also elite. Elite.
Speaker 4: The bolts holding the bottom of the tank exploded.
Speaker 2: You have nice bolt ons.
Speaker 4: That's very sweety to say that. Yeah, molasses and bullets shot out like bullets. An eight foot high wave of molasses swept away from the freight cars, caved in the buildings, doors and windows. The few workers in the building Sellar had no chances. The liquid poured down and overwhelmed them. That's a huge bitch, last words of John Johnson, molasses worker. The huge quantity molasses then flowed out into the street, literally knocking over the local firehouse, pushed over the support beams for the elevated train line. The hot and sticky substance then drowned and burned five burned, five people from the public works department. In all, twenty one people and dozens of horses were killed in the flood.
Speaker 2: That's just unbelievable to me, like the whole Oh my, you know my grandfather drowned. Yes, that's a terrible, terrible story. Was he a terrible swimmer? No, he drowned owned in a wave of hot molasses, mourned and drowned. That's insane, burned and drowned alone that Yeah, they're also playing the filmmore copyright sack. Very good.
Speaker 4: It took weeks to clean the molasses from the streets of Boston. This disaster also produced an epic court battle is. More than one hundred lawsuits were filed after a six year investigation and involved three thousand witnesses and forty five thousand sticky pages of testimony. Yeah, a special auditor finally determined that the company was at fault because the tank used wasn't.
Speaker 2: Strong enough to hold the molasses. Oh you strong enough to hold my misses? A great song? Who sings that? Chi crow? Oh yeah, that's a great.
Speaker 4: Songn man, I bet it's smelled delicious and was still terrible.
Speaker 2: Yep, like the guys that were drowning. Yeah, like, please quickly make cookies out of this before I die.
Speaker 4: Right, it's like Boba Doug McKenzie where they get locked in that big vat of beer.
Speaker 2: I've heard you reference that before. I've never seen that movie. That's strange, strange brew.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, they gotta take wizz.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 2: God? I love brick Morana, get out of here. I gotta take a Wis. Oh god, he's the best. The whole thing stupid.
Speaker 4: Remember when life was fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some actors that just I don't even know if they know what they're doing to make it themselves funny. Sometimes it's just natural. All the times it's more calculated. I could watch him as Lewis Skolnick walk up and down that apartment hallway and when he gets locked out and kind of runs into the door. God, dang it, that's funny. Just like the way that he walks. He's pulling on the door handle. Oh man, shout out to Moranas. He's doing the new Spaceballs. He's dark helmet.
Speaker 6: Hey Hawk, I'm sorry you got Have you played the Little Shop of Whoer's flot Machine?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yeah, that's a fun one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Usually they don't have high stakes, so.
Speaker 2: No, it's fun though the bonus is cool.
Speaker 4: I can't lose my house. It's not fun, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Too stopid your way off the mic there, because that might have been a quote of the week, if I can't lose my house. If that's not fun, Yeah, I've it probably came through enough for potrip quotes. That was brilliant.
Speaker 6: That was like when you and I walked around the high roller room and I won, and he looked at me and you want you hockeyed me in the small space you were piste yours?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I found the bit. I gotta make sure there's no cussing.
Speaker 2: Oh this strange brew. I've never seen that.
Speaker 7: I got.
Speaker 4: I got a wis to throw?
Speaker 2: Why some belch I got a whizz a whiz to throw? Is that an actual Canadian saying? I don't interesting? WI Washington Commanders they interviewed Brian Flores for their defensive coordinator position. That's interesting. Under Dan Quinn and the Pittsburgh Steelers have also requested a head coaching interview with Brian Flores.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm shocked that they haven't come up with a deal with him.
Speaker 2: I think he's leaving. Maybe they're actively trying, and yeah, it's probably not a great sign that he's interviewing for defensive quarters coordinator positions elsewhere. That's interesting. That's interesting. Yep, I think he's gonna leave. I heard Rosy yesterday say that he is confident that he will not leave unless it's for a head coaching job. Is that right? That's what he said?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good good?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: Roses an insider. He knows things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What really matters though, is this man?
Speaker 4: You got that right, Core, It's not just molasses over in this stoy and I got other things for you too, like this.
Speaker 5: It was on the state of what year.
Speaker 4: That he's going to be in the Hudson.
Speaker 2: Sully. That was probably two thousand and let's go two thousand and nine ish eleven. Who we're close, It's in that range, even right around twenty tiled it. I believe it was Yeah, I'm gonna go with the aids.
Speaker 4: It was nine. It was nine, yep, yep. On January two thousand and nine, the fifteenth, a potential disaster turned into a heroic display of skill and composure, which we could use right now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a dumb question, but I'm being serious. Let's go back to two thousand and nine. What percentage too?
Speaker 1: This is? This is?
Speaker 2: This is probably a question I could still ask today, though I think the answer would be slightly different. If you asked every adult American in two thousand and nine, the day before Sully put the plane in the Hudson. If you asked every adult American and said, if if a major you know, a big sized plane a legit, you know, seven thirty seven, seven forty si whatever? Yeah, could you put it in the Hudson safely? Could you land a plane in water? What percentage of American adults would have been like, No, it's gonna sink immediately.
Speaker 5: You can't land a plane and water.
Speaker 2: Are you nuts? I think almost. I think the vast majority would not have known you could safely land a plane in water until Sully did it. Rrect.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you something else. I would not have known if somebody had said, hey, could have flocked a geese takedown a jet air?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Nah, we got that fixed.
Speaker 2: We No one knew that unless you were an aviation No one knew the phrase birds strike before two thousand and nine. Never heard of that before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, I knew the German and the Dutch were going to Greenland. But how about Canada sending troops to Greenland this morning? That to be trouble. I got to go to Montreal for snowcross a few weeks. They gonna let me in.
Speaker 2: Wonder if you're gonna run into Brian Adams.
Speaker 4: God, that'd be cool. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna walk up to you want to or do you want another summer of sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Wow, you would say that to him. I would.
Speaker 4: I would say that to him, and then I would kss him right on the mouth.
Speaker 2: Oregon quarterback Dante Moore is returning to school, which is an interesting choice because he is projected to be one of the top picks in this draft, and there's a lot of people that are suggesting that he might have even been the second pick. So possibly just turned down fifty ish million in guaranteed money if you look at what some of those top guys made last year. He is projected to contend for the top of next year's draft. We'll see how that plays out. But kind of betting on himself a little bit. I'm sure he's taken out an insurance policy of some kind of Obviously he's going to get a little bit of nil money. Andre make a couple of million this year, but fifty million ish guaranteed if you're a top three pick. I think man.
Speaker 6: Going back to school, I think part of it, not all of it, but I think there's a little bit of it. He doesn't want to go to the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: I've heard that from a lot of people's that's the hot rumor is that that's what he's avoiding. Yep. You also could just stay in the draft and flat out tell the Jets I'm not playing for you. That never looks good when rouchies do that. But you also are gambling that the Jets aren't in the top two or three or four next year and they're loaded with draft picks.
Speaker 4: John Elway did that and it worked out. Yeah, and that's not the first thing you think of when you think of him at all.
Speaker 2: You know, Eli Manning did it as well. Yeah, Yeah, didn't want to play for the Chargers, right, Yes, didn't want to play for the Chargers, which is ridiculous Giants because they were in San Diego at the time. Didn't want to go.
Speaker 5: Are you have money, man, he doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: That's one of those scenarios where it worked out for both because they got Rivers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, worked out for both Rivers of.
Speaker 2: Rivers didn't win a Super Bowl, Eli did, but still they both got Hall of Fame level ish quarterbacks. I think Philip Rivers was a better quarterback than Eli Manning.
Speaker 4: But whatever, who do you use molasses on besides cookies?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Do you put them on toast.
Speaker 2: It's a ask Gavan, it's a sugar.
Speaker 4: I'll texas Gavin when he didn't beat.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this somitch.
Speaker 4: I did a whole story about uh yeah, about uh uh a dude landed and playing.
Speaker 5: Nobody cared well.
Speaker 2: Then I talked about Dante Moore. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then I said the Dante Moore line. You didn't laugh at all.
Speaker 2: I wasn't really listening.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: Meat sauceted today appropriately. Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 4: Was born in Atlanta, Joorna at Georgia, received a doctorate degree in theology, and nineteen fifty five help organize the first major protest of the African American civil rights movement, peaceful protest. It is ladies and gentlemen, the cornerstone of America.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, uh, Martin Luther King Junior. Was that Capricorn?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Cool people are Oh yeah, you're Capricorn too, damn right, asn't my team capricorn?
Speaker 4: We're Capricorns?
Speaker 2: What does that?
Speaker 4: Horny?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: What are you let me see here? What's your signe?
Speaker 4: What's just sign?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 4: You can eat?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good, thank you.
Speaker 5: I couldn't think of anything else I named virgo.
Speaker 2: You were a Virgo till you were like thirty two. Oh, you don't even remember it, which is still one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. That's insane. If you've slept with ninety women, you should still remember the first one. I haven't slept with that. I'm just saying, if I do right, the first one should be one worth remembering. And you don't remember that. No, No, she's an actress.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, first one was an actress, had some friends too to remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't even have a guest sauce.
Speaker 5: I mean I have a guess. Yeah, him, And that is weird to me. But whatever, best of talk.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Hey.
Speaker 5: Would somebody get Fargo flashes downstairs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can get them. I'm going to make coffee.
Speaker 4: Good check his papers.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna make waffles today. No, I didn't bring him. Oh that's how we should get chick fil eate Power to finding you after this.
Speaker 4: On the Tan.
Speaker 6: Man, celebrating their twentieth anniversary, five Finger Death Punch takes over Mystic Lake Amphitheater August eighteenth, with special guest Cody Jenson Eva under Fire chickens go on sales Friday at an e MLDI details at KFE dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 4: You know, I will never forgive that band, even though we settled or a lawsuit out of court, because they stole the name that band from me. You know what the name of my high school band was. No. Five Oh No, be cool, everybody, five Knuckle depth Punch. That's a terrible name, right, Fargo remember my band?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It really just kind of rolls off the tongue. It does what songs? He knows a whole different band.
Speaker 4: We're saying, Oh, well.
Speaker 2: That's a crowd pleaser. Yes, this was Fogerty stole it from him. From him, We're still in him too. I have an answer from Gavin of what else you use molasses for? Great? You know what's crazy? Remember how I said, My guess is the last time we talked about the molasses flood, I probably mentioned how much I like molasses cookies. I feel like we've asked Gavin about molasses.
Speaker 5: Every time, every time cookies one.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, like, literally, this is like the Truman Show, and when Truman realizes that the actors are just driving surround the neighborhood, and then he starts to go like, didn't we already do exactly this? Like did we the last time we talked about molasses cookies? Did we text Gavin and go what do you use molasses for? I don't remember. That's my point, man, We are falling apart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh you mean the show, Yes.
Speaker 2: That moriends glaze for anything fatty.
Speaker 4: He said that he was just talking to you. That's mean.
Speaker 8: Don't call him that, like a duck or a whole roa anything fatty and barbecue sauce, barbecue sauce. Yep, there's molasses and barbecue sauce.
Speaker 2: Glay's pretty thing fatty.
Speaker 6: The podcasts gas lasses for Gavin.
Speaker 2: Asking Hey, Kevin, what do you use frosting for it?
Speaker 4: Judy?
Speaker 2: Do you remember what Star used to call me?
Speaker 6: Ernest Tubbs? I think he played I think Ernest Tubbs played in the NFL.
Speaker 4: No, No, he was a country singer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, looks over there, high flash Bud. Yeah, Happy New Year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How was Nashville for you?
Speaker 2: It was fun? Yeah, it's a nice little town.
Speaker 3: I think this time of year it's just a little a little sleepy, right, No, one's really traveling the first couple of weeks of January.
Speaker 4: But you know, and such, probably not a lot of bachelor parties.
Speaker 2: Everywhere you go, some music everywhere. It's just crazy. Hey, what have what have you heard about the amount of money that the Gophers had for Coy and what Oregon offer the counteroffer the hell out of here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I heard Ben said a couple of days ago, or maybe it was last week, Coy had a really really flashy first year right the right place, the right time. When you study plays outside of that, you know he's a really good player. But again, he was a he was a freshman and making freshman mistakes and you know, maybe a bit of a sophomore slump. I don't think he had the flashy plays except for the pick six against Purdue, and within that too, you kind of saw that consistently where comes up and makes a great tackle, but sometimes comes up and misses a tackle. So my guess, and from what I've heard of the negotiations he's got, he got to a mark with Minnesota that was obviously much more than the mark I got, right in terms of the money they were offering, but he wanted to test his Waters and his agent obviously is going out and talking to other programs, so I would I'm guessing Minnesota was under a million. I think Cooy went out to try to go find a couple million, and from what I've heard, he settled for a little over a million bucks. Now because Orgon's obviously got deep pockets, so we don't talk. You know, we've talked about the TV revenue sharing that you can provide student athletes.
Speaker 2: They're probably they have probably about.
Speaker 3: Fifteen million dollars there, but then when you go into the phil Night money it gets to go north with probably an additional twenty million. So people like Dylan Rayola, Coy, Parritch, there's a lot of funding there to bring those players in to see if they have what it takes to help out Oregon. So so in the end, you know, I'm sure Coy was probably a little bit disappointed that I think he was looking for a two million dollar bag of cash that I think maybe his agent thought was out there. I think in the end, as teams like Texas Tech and potentially Ohio State and Miami which he didn't visit those last two schools, I think he thought there was a two million dollar bag, he didn't get it, so he settles for something north of a million bucks and he gets a chance to get some of the greatest care in college football.
Speaker 2: Hardcore college football question. But you just mentioned Royola. Oh yeah, is he not? Like? Why am I going to Oregon? Now? If Dante Moor's coming back, why wouldn't he just change it back in the hue of time? I believe the portal ends tomorrow. I believe, so he's gonna back out. Yeah, right, I would. I would think you'd have to now, I.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be the backup because Dante Moor is not stepping off the field outside of an injury tomorrow. Yeah, so it ends tomorrow, So I would. I would expect that we'd hear something this morning, unless he's in love with the cash. But I think Dylan Reyola from everything I could imagine, he wants to play football.
Speaker 2: And and you're gonna matter where you go. Yeah, I think he gets some interest.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of experience, and he's obviously still a five star player. And but yeah, so for the so the portal is kind of gonna wrap up here, And so guys like coy parrots, you think about the money he made here over two years, and not not just the money, but he was the face of the program.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was on the he's on the Souvenir Cup in the stadium. So no one's gonna know, no one's gonna know.
Speaker 3: Coy parrochet Organ, They're just it's I actually have Oregon fans that have said, hey, I heard there's a safety that might be coming from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Do you know want anything about them? Right?
Speaker 3: So, so in the state of Minnesota, the Jerseys, the Souvenir Cups, the media, the NIL deals, that all goes away, and he wanted a chance to get on a team that paid him a lot of cash, but also have a chance to play in some of the more prominent games and maybe make a run for a national championship. And at the end of the day, I can't feel that bad for him, because if he doesn't play himself into the NFL, which is obviously very difficult to do, he's gonna walk away over four years making a lot of money playing college football, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, sweetheart. I like to look back at that year he was here and remember it finally, because that was a fun year. Yeah, that was really fun. I mean that was so exciting. I mean, he he did some great things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, highlight reel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't have a great year last year, but that was one fun year and I'm trying to remember good things.
Speaker 2: Mean he won the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he had a pick six. That was a big I mean his freshman year. I mean, I mean that, in my in the last two decades of Gopher football, by far, the most excitement in terms of like the stadium, right, besides the Ron Johnson jerseys that maybe filter the stadium twenty five years ago, the number three jerseys were everywhere because he's a homegrown kid, right, and not just homegrown like from like Minnetonka or Waiseada. He's from the iron range, right, So you take down a guy from the iron range to come play in the state because I think I think people think of Gopher football of like the Twin Cities. Man, you get out to the greater part of the state, and those are the true Gopher fans that live and die go for football. And so when one of their own makes it, and he's actually not just making it but is the face of the program, it was a big deal. And he made big time plays. You could feel the excitement in the stadium when Koy had a chance to touch the football, and so we'll miss that. And I feel bad because you know, I know what he's doing, going for the cash and going for the chance to play in a really prominent program. But man, we put so much into him, the fan base, put a lot of time in, the coaching staff did and this just shows you the lack of loyalty in college football. It is not about a program. It's about creating a transactional environment for one year.
Speaker 2: So two part question. The second part is a little bit ignorant because I'm not sure how this works. But the first part is do we have any idea what Drake lindsay is getting to come back and stay.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's right around a I've heard it's right around a one and a half million bucks.
Speaker 2: One and a half man, all right? So Part two is are we going to get to a point and where are we now where all salaries are all nil, contracts, ordeals are public.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's not public because when I'm talking about the one and a half million bucks that's coming from the revenue sharing. So and I've I've pushed a lot of the local media guys to try to go out and find that information. It feels like in a publicly held university that you should be able to track it down.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: And I just I've always been surprised, like and I haven't. I haven't seen it publicized anywhere. So when I'm saying that outside of even the state of Minnesota, but are being paid from the university.
Speaker 2: How is that not public information? So the true nil money right, if they're getting deals on the side, that's never going to be public and the money that funnels through the university should be easily trackable and traceable. And yep, I think supportive. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I've pushed the local this would be a fun story. Let's go track this down because I think that's where all the hearsay, which is what I get right, is like Drake got this, and Anthony Smith got this, and Koy was offered this. But it would be really fun to have the truth come out and to see if those were right, because and I can only imagine in a locker room when that would come out.
Speaker 2: So let me try this. If we believe if your number is correct, if the number you heard is correct, and Drake's making one point five through the U right through the quote, not legal channels whatever. Yeah, what do you think he's pocketing from outside sources? Ah, maybe another half million bucks, but even so, yeahs of your best guess is we're in the two million ish range for Drake Lindsay in twenty twenty six. Yeah, which I think is that's sweet.
Speaker 3: It's sweet, I think, And again I think given the year that he had and given how critical that position is to the program, I think it's right. It feels a little high to me, Like I just if you think of the Power four quarterbacks and where they're at right he still is a one year starter, and he still has challenges to move the football when he can't find the receiver and he has to tuck it down. But at the end of the day, you're kind of stuck. If if you lost Drake Lindsay, I think it would be a really big deal. So they had to sign him.
Speaker 5: Hey, can I ask you one more question? I'm sorry, Corey, I apologize.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go back one more and I'm not trying to be uh inflammatory, but I have a question because everybody said to me, even Ben said, and I know you talked about this that Coy Perris didn't have much of a year last year.
Speaker 5: He had a year that was pretty damn good year before that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened? Who do you blame? I?
Speaker 3: I think that's a great question because someone asked me that earlier this week, and I actually put it on.
Speaker 2: Both Koi and the coaches.
Speaker 3: So, like I, you know, part of what has to happen in the NIL world and the transfer portal, and it's what you've seen at Indiana is you have to have a really clear vision of assessing talent quickly because it's transactional. These guys had from January tewod to the sixteenth to evaluate talent. Now, of course they're looking before that, but the declaration of players saying I'm in the portal happens quickly, and so you have to develop them and that and that also means the players that you have within your program. So something happened between year one and year two where I don't feel Koi really developed as a player, And so I put a little bit of that on the coaches, and I put some of that on Koy Parritch And that's the thing I think Ben said this, like, if I'm Koy Perrich, I had a really cool opportunity to be really flashy and make plays as a freshman. But dude, if the ultimate goal is to get in the NFL, you got to double down and you got to develop. Yeah, And so to me, that's going to be the question mark at Minnesota, at Oregon, at Texas Tech. And so something needs to happen with the relationship with him and football and him and his coaches to see if he can develop into a player. And again I'm with Ben, I don't think he I didn't see the development that I was hoping to see in year one a year two. But year one was exciting, in year two was a bit more of a slump.
Speaker 2: Can Miami hang with Indiana on Monday Night? Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 3: I think there's a I think there's an outside chance everyone is saying. And again, if you look at the National Championship games over the last twenty years, the last eight, I believe, have been two possession games.
Speaker 2: So these have been blowouts. I think you have to go back to.
Speaker 3: Like twenty seventeen where actually was within a possession. Actually there was a game that went in an overtime. I think it was like forty five to forty two. I think it was Alabama won it. So I think the couple things that are interesting here because I'm gonna I'm gonna lean into Miami to cover. And what I'm talking myself into is a couple of things. Number One, it's eight and a half points. That is a lot of points. Now, I just mentioned a lot of these games have been by more than that. I think the home field advantage right now, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Think of the NFL.
Speaker 3: How many teams in the Super Bowl era have played in a Super Bowl in their home stadium.
Speaker 5: Well, the Vikings were almost the first, right, So.
Speaker 3: It's two, it's two two have it's twenty twenty one, I believe the Rams and in twenty twenty two the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: And then twenty twenty six the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Yet those two teams played in their home stadium, they won the Super Bowl. And this is the first time in the BCS era, which started in nineteen ninety eight, where the where a team, a college football team is going to play in their home field and have a chance to win the national championship. In the last two years. Miami is fourteen and one at home, so I think that helps. Now they are the away team, so it's going to be on the different sideline, in a different locker room. But of course obviously a familiar familiar with the stadium and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Was it Kurt Bills? No, No, I don't think so high.
Speaker 3: I think the other big difference here is I go back to Ohio State, and again, Indiana has been just dominant in their two games in the College Football Playoff.
Speaker 2: But I go back to Ohio that Ohio stateman.
Speaker 3: Well, the one thing Ohio State did do is they took away the explosive running game of Indiana. And you think of Roman Hemby and that the other running back, Black is his last name. Those are guys that have not just run the football well, but they've been explosive. I think Miami can slow that down a bit. And then I think those two amazing defensive ends that they have, which are two top fifteen picks in the draft with with Mesidor and Baine, those two big time defensive ends for Miami, I think to slow down Mendoza just a little bit. So I don't see, I don't think. I don't think Miami wins. I think there's a good chance they cover. And that's why when I'm texting a friend of mine in Santa Belle Island last night, Oh, Benjamin liber Benjamin Lieber, I'm gonna actually, and he of course says, oh, Indiana, there's gonna be They're gonna run away with it minus eight and half.
Speaker 2: I say, yes, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna lean in and think that Miami at the in a home field advantage, will slow down the Indiana run game, will put a little bit more pressure than Mendoza has. I think they cover, but I think Indiana wins the game. So I'm taking I'm taking Miami plus eight and a half.
Speaker 4: Dude, that's crazy to me. I tell you why. I think that's crazy. Yeah, And I may be run because you know, I probably will, because this is literally the first time I've just said, you know what, I believe.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 4: I believe that because what they did to Oregon last week, what they did to Orgon last week, I thought would have been impossible. I thought it'd be a game.
Speaker 2: So I do.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna do the same thing in Miami.
Speaker 3: Listen to this hawk, Yeah, Ohio State Big Ten Championship, Alabama Quarterfinal, Oregon semi final. This is the defense for Indiana in those teams. Those games are like some of those are the best, some of the best teams in college football. Right, one hundred and seventy four yards rushing two yards in attempt.
Speaker 2: Jeez, I had no idea, I know, Pat, So that the thing about Indiana.
Speaker 3: You think of Mendoza, and Mendoza has been so efficient and always throws the football where only his player has a chance to catch it.
Speaker 2: But India the defense is crazy good.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is so disciplined, dude.
Speaker 2: They're so disciplined.
Speaker 3: And that's the that is the the only difference when you look at tail the tape in this game and you go through total offense, run offense, passing offense, the only difference in the in these two teams is the discipline, and where it shows up is in penalty yards. And what happens is who is the least penalized team or in who's one of the least college penalized teams in college football? Indiana out of one hundred and thirty six teams, they're number ten. Miami one hundred and thirty which is kind of a little bit stereotypical, right. We think back to the nineties and Michael Irvin and lack of discipline and fifty yeah, totally starting coke and cheering, and so that's that's that's the difference in these teams, like the discipline that Indiana has.
Speaker 5: It's just crazy, unreal.
Speaker 2: And everyone says, oh, it's the age of the players. It's not, dude.
Speaker 3: The average number of years in college playing football for the starters of these teams. The team that is older from a starter standpoint in terms of years of experience is Miami.
Speaker 2: This is how, this is how college football is right now.
Speaker 3: It's transfer portal, so everyone that plays is like a sixth year senior.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe it, man, I can't believe what's happening. And if they if they win this game and go undefeated, it will be one of the greatest stories in the history of college football.
Speaker 2: Maybe in sports.
Speaker 4: Maybe in sports. You're right, you're right, maybe it is.
Speaker 3: It's the losingest coming in the season. It was the losinest program in college football history. Whenever I'm sorry, and they're just I mean, and you know it better than anyone. Hat because this was a program that after there's a coach there, Bill Mallory. Bill Mallory retired in the early nineties, and since Bill Mallory left, for the most part, it was just garbage. What's the quarterback for Atlanta? He spent a season there. I forget the name. Michael Penicks.
Speaker 2: Penix was there for a year.
Speaker 3: It was kind of COVID years, so, but he brought them kind of out of the garbage, right. But outside of that Pennix kind of flashy year, it's been just garbage football.
Speaker 2: And a guy came in and turned it around in the season. Crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you. I grew up in as we all know, right on the border for Hire, Indiana, right. I loved football. There was football, there was racing, there was music. Those were that was my life as a kid. I never once ever considered going to a Hoosiers game, not even one time.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 4: I never considered wearing a Hoosier's hat or jersey. I don't even know for sure. I knew they had a football team, yeah, I mean, unreal, unreal, we were all I thought more about the Dayton Flyers than I did the Indiana Yes, wow, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back to Michael Irvan for one second before we go to break. Do you guys see you know back in the nineties, the correct the nightclub. Right, he used to party at a place in Dallas. Right, they would look up with gals and do cocaine and all that. And it was called the White House, The White House. Did you see? He is what in two weeks, no, four days? In four days Netflix the first ever Netflix original sports podcast, Michael Irvin and Brandon Marshall. And it's called the White House. He's leaning right into it. It's going to be called the White House. It's a Netflix pipe.
Speaker 4: Looks like he's living there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? Who would want to leave? Right? Why would you welcome back?
Speaker 4: Close it?
Speaker 2: The White House?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Who's going with it?
Speaker 4: You're crazy? I will listen to that.
Speaker 2: What a mess? That is crazy.
Speaker 5: You're the best in the who White world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you buddy, Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's talk about it next week again.
Speaker 5: Shot out' perfcty.
Speaker 4: That sounds good.
Speaker 2: See you guys,