Speaker 1: Let the phones on a home run.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. Welcome to the playoffs, Dodger fans.
Speaker 3: Is playoff time when your favorite.
Speaker 4: Show, thirteen wins is all it takes on that half and.
Speaker 2: Escape for you.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a playoff edition of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Get in on the action at eight six six.
Speaker 2: Eats Breeze, sleeps Baseball.
Speaker 7: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Here's your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: It's only been fourteen years. Every day, David Basse. Your Dodgers are just one win away from the World Series after they beat the Brewers three to one in Game three, the NLCS welcome the Dodger Talk. David Vasse with you until eight o'clock tonight at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Jose Moto will check in at seven thirty. Well head downstairs to get postgame reaction and of course we want to hear from you at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. The Dodgers are looking to become just the eleventh team to sweep a championship series. The last to do it was the twenty two Astros when they swept the Yankees in the ALCS. The last National League team to sweep the Championship Series was the eventual world champion twenty nineteen Nationals, who swept the Cardinals, and only three of the ten teams that swept the Championship Series went on to win the World Series. I mentioned the nineteen Nationals. Also those twenty two Astros did as well, and so did the nineteen ninety five Braves. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number I thought. A pivotal inning in this game was the second inning, after the Dodgers were able to get a one nothing lead after an o time leadoff triple, then Mookie Betts doubled him home. Tyler Glass now was in a little bit of trouble. He allowed one run in and there was a second run standing at third base with the nine hitter for the Brewers, Joey Ortiz at the plate. Max Munsey was playing in at the edge of the grass and Ortiz hit a line drive right at Munsey on the ground. Munsey was able to instinctually grab it and throw a perfect strike to Will Smith to cut down the run and be able to end that inning or get the second out of that inning, and then Isaac Collins flew out to end that excuse me, Joey Ortiz. After Joey Ortize lined out to Munsey for the fielders' choice, he was able to get Bowers at the plate, and then Jackson Curio flew out to end the inning. So that was a great play by Munsey in the second inning to nail Bowers at the plate. And after that in the third inning, Glass now comes back and strikes out the side in order. So that was a big turn of events right there. And that's the second great defensive play Max Munsey has made at third base in this postseason. Remember that wheel play in Game two, ninth inning to preserve a one run win. Well, that was Max Munsey who made a great throw to third base. And then tonight in the second inning making a great throw and stabbed to be able to get Bowers at home plate. And it was a one to one tie until the sixth inning when Tommy Edmund broke it with a go ahead RBI single. And give a lot of credit to the Dodger bullpen, a lot of criticism, much maligned they came in after Glass now's five and two thirds innings and put up zeros Vesia got the last out of the sixth inning, came back and got the first out of the seventh, then trying closed out the seventh, Bonda pitched the scoreless eighth inning, and then Roki Sasaki closed out the game with an assist to Mookie Betts, who made a tremendous play, a Derek Jeter esque play in the hole at shortstop for the first out of that ninth inning. So like it's been all postseason, this was a team win. So many different contributions offensively, defensively from the pitching side, and the Dodgers got all of that tonight and that's a big reason why they have only lost one game in this postseason. They are eight to one in this year's playoffs with an opportunity to sweep the Brewers tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Speaking up Mookie Betts. We had a chance to catch up with the gold Gloff candidate himself moments after the final out.
Speaker 9: That was Peter ask that first stout man, it must feel good to be able to help the team out and win this game.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's all I that's all I care about. Just Le's winning ball games. You know, that's a that's the reason why we play and that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 9: Hey, no wonder you're a Gold Glove finalist as short stop.
Speaker 2: You showed everybody why.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a lot of work. It's a lot of work. A lot of people have helped me. But uh, I'm just happy. Like I said, I'm just happy to help the boys.
Speaker 9: Mookie in the first inning, you guys got.
Speaker 2: On the board early. Not sure if you realize this, but you're in the Dodger history books. You have the most doubles and Dodgers postseason history after your RBI double to drive in Otani. How good was it to see him get on for you and be able to get that early run.
Speaker 4: Ah, it's huge just to get on the board first, getting show going.
Speaker 2: That's really important for us.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the Bullets playing without Michael Jordan. But he'll be there when it's time.
Speaker 2: You know, he's your pitpin.
Speaker 4: No no, I'll not no, no, but he'll be there when it's time. And I'm as you saw, he let off with a triple and we are to put one on the board and played downhill from there.
Speaker 2: You guys have had such a team effort all year long. You're one win away from going back to the World Series.
Speaker 9: Can you even allow yourself to think that, allow yourself to realize you're that close?
Speaker 2: Not yet? Not yet? Well, let's get one more.
Speaker 4: Win and then hopefully we can take take a couple of days or whatever it is, and then we can reset. But we you know how hard it is to win ball games, and so you can't turn.
Speaker 2: Your brain off.
Speaker 4: And you really just got a grind through these through October.
Speaker 2: Really, I know who will be the first guy out here tomorrow, Marcus lim Betts. You better know it. Thanks a lot for the time. Mookie. There. He is Mookie Bets, who certainly has made a statement all season long. So many doubters out there believe that he shouldn't be playing shortstop, he wasn't good at playing shortstop. Well, he has certainly turned a lot of critics to fans after the way he's played, especially the last two months of the season and going into the playoffs, he's done a phenomenal job and he has an opportunity to make history if he wins the goal Glove at shortstop. Can't think of any other player out there that could say that they won the gold Glove in right field six times, and in their first full season playing shortstop of all positions, wins the gold Glove there. But that secondary to Mookie getting another ring and the Dodgers winning back to back World Series titles. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Brewers three to one in Game three. We have a full bord of calls before we do go back out to the calls. I just want to make a statement. I love Dodger fans. Without the fans, uh, this show would not exist. The Dodgers' success in the environment, on their way to a World S last year and on their way to another one this year would not exist without the fans. But you gotta be better tomorrow. You gotta be louder tomorrow. You want the Dodger players to always be better, to strive to be better the next day, Well, I'm calling you out be better tomorrow. Because Jacob Mizarowski was way too comfortable in those five innings of work. Everybody was on their hands I was watching you. It wasn't until you know, maybe the sixth inning when the crowd started to rise up, and in that ninth inning, I was waiting for that all game long, the support for Roki Sasaki. You've got to make the opposing pitcher feel rattled, feel the pressure of the stadium, feel the pressure of the Dodgers. The Dodgers give you a lot to cheer about. They need their tenth man in you tomorrow and into the World Series. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, Jeff, you were at the game tonight. I was a little disappointed with the fans this afternoon, but hopefully tomorrow you guys bring your voices.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, Dave gla As you said that because me and my buddy Marek also from Love from lovell Indo.
Speaker 1: It was kind of quite real sitting in that section.
Speaker 10: Nine are the reserve section, and we were only loud and seems like during the ninth inning and also during the sixth when we.
Speaker 11: Had records on the DA.
Speaker 10: Other than that it was like really quiet. But what I really want to ask you is do you think that since the bullpen is such a really good job, you know, we were kind of freaked out when Blake Trannon came in there. I know you love him, but he really, you know, showed his poinies and did a great job. You think this will like bring a lot of like motivation and this will increase the confidence of this bullpen moving forward as they go to the World.
Speaker 2: Series without a doubt, Jeff, And look, I know it's hard to believe guys like Blake Trin and Alex Vessia, even Anthony Banda who pitched so well last year into the World Series, even they are human and in sometimes have self doubt. But ever since the last regular season series in Seattle, I've seen a greater confidence and the old Blake Trining back. And I saw that yesterday at the workout. I saw that the day before in Milwaukee. He's just been a more confident Blake Trining And I believe you saw that on display on the mound, and same with Vessia and Bonda. It was great to see all those guys be able to not only get outs, but get them out pretty cleanly.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Also, you know what, the sixth thinning was a really big part because that you know that pitcher for Malat can' think it was named He's a rookie. He was like a rock for them until Will Smith got that slap hit and started the whole rally. That was outstanding.
Speaker 2: It was Jeff, and that's why I needed That's why I'm calling out the fans. He was too comfortable. It was like a mid week game against the Rockies in June from about the second inning until the sixth inning.
Speaker 10: Jeff, Yeah, you know, it was like soo sry. That picture really kept us kept us quiet there. But you know, there was a couple, you know, players in a couple of fans that were out there that was outstated that kept trying to keep us motivated. But I also want to give glasnow you know, some credit to We really thought that we were like, oh great, now you know the second any of the first any happened when they when they got those runs, that one run that we thought he was going to like totally mess up the flow of the game. But no, he took through it. I know, Monsey's an awesome feel that when he pitched it through it to that catcher, through to Will Smith, that really shut the momentum down for Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: No doubt. Thanks for the phone call, Jeff, appreciate it. Let's go out to Raymond, who also was that Dodger Stadium today. Hi, Raymond, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 12: Hey David, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Raymond.
Speaker 12: No, I just want to say a few things. I mean, that month he'd played, we had a great angle. We were sitting in section two of the field, I mean section ten of the field. What a play.
Speaker 11: It had to be a perfect.
Speaker 12: Throw, bang bang. And I mean months he's been phenomenal. And the pitching on both sides, I mean, I mean the Brewers pitching Kepta at Bay.
Speaker 2: What a game.
Speaker 12: Yes, the crowd was out of it, and I think I had to do with that with the pitching, but we still Yeah.
Speaker 2: But in those situations, Raymond, here's my thing. I've seen Seattle, I've seen Philly, I've seen Milwaukee. Even when the pitcher's on his game, they're trying to rattle that picture. He's a young guy. And the stadium was absolutely quiet. The fans could have done a better job to get loud, to try to rattle and make things a little bit more difficult. I've seen Dodgers Stadium so loud, where all of a sudden, they're having problems with the Pitchcolm, they can't hear each other. That just wasn't the case today. But luckily the Dodgers got the win. All I'm asking for is for Dodger fans not to take this team for granted and think, you know what, they got this, they got the World Series. They need the fans to be that tenth man to really make things uncomfortable for the opposing team. And I just didn't hear it today.
Speaker 12: Great point, David, you're and you're right. I think we're taking it for granted. How dominating the look and we we we we say we got it. Don't worry, we got it.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 12: I totally agree. I try my bath. But in that in that field level, section ten, there's a lot of people with money there don't want to cheer very hard compared to the Pavilions or the top deg But in the left.
Speaker 2: The way, Raymond, you start the way for those rich people in the field section. Okay, thanks for the phone call. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Uh, let's go out to Jose who also is at Dodger Stadium. Jose, you got to see a pretty well pitched game, and you got to see the Dodgers knock on the door of going back to the World Series.
Speaker 6: Hey, what's up, mystery one eight?
Speaker 2: That's right, Hey to you, Jose, it's not mister eight one eight. It's mister grade one eight.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, great one eight.
Speaker 6: Taking. No, I'm not.
Speaker 13: And you know, like from you know, mid season, when they were struggling and.
Speaker 14: It was it was it's it was pretty hard. It was it was a tough you know, mid or half of the season. And now they're playing great and we're, like you said, we're sitting on on our on our hands.
Speaker 6: We should be loud.
Speaker 2: And remember Susha and Steve Sachs saying it's cs the time. They said, it's time for Dodger baseball. I know it's mid afternoon. I like to take naps during the afternoon, but you come to the game. You got to support your team.
Speaker 13: Yes, I understand, yeah, I U. I agree with you that when the Miz was pitching, it was too too quiet. We we need to put pressure on their pictures, especially a picture like his caliber. You got to get them off his game.
Speaker 2: Exactly. That's my point. That's all I'm asking and all I'm asking for. I understand it's looking really good for the Dodgers to get to the World Series. I understand that they're definitely outplaying the Brewers right now. But you can't take it for granted. You can't just be sitting on your hands. A full house here at Dodgers Stadium, and you know, allow a kid like that who's dominating, has the shadows in his favor, have a quiet house while he's pitching. I mean, that makes things really easy for the opponent. In Milwaukee, they were on their feet in the fourth inning. In Seattle, when those games didn't mean anything, they were on their feet in the first inning. And in Milwaukee and Philly, same thing, on their feet trying to make things a little bit more difficult for the Dodgers, and the pictures on the mound the opposing team. So come on. I know Dodger fans can get loud. Today they were not loud at all. But the Dodgers were able to win this game and do what they've done to the Brewers in the first three games of this series. They just have too much pitching for the Brewers today was basically, you know, Pat Murphy not holding anything back, a little bit of desperation going with the opener in Ashby again and then bringing in Misowski in the first inning. Misslerowski's his best pitcher. He used him today. They got jose Kntana trying to keep their season alive. That's how dire the Brewers pitching situation is. I fully expect the Dodgers, behind Otani pitching tomorrow to come out and close out this series. I really do. But you can't take that for granted. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Brewers three to one in Game three the NLCS. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Dave, coming into the postseason, obviously, we talked about the issues guys were having the pen, between Vessia trying in and Sasaki. It seems like you guys kind of have a you know, kind of like a blueprint so to speak, going forward here. How comfortable have you been with I guess how that's been coming together?
Speaker 15: Very I think the thing about our guys is they're battle tested and they know that I've never lost faith in them. They never lost confidence in each other and so, you know, so for what to see what they're doing right now, I'm not surprised. And we knew all along that we're gonna need these guys, and these guys are delivering, which which is huge. And you know, we're doing a great job of preventing runs and the bullpen deserves a lot of credit.
Speaker 8: And obviously you kind of needed that extra inning today and you went to Bonda there. Uh, you know, he's pitched what he pitched once in like the last three weeks. How are you comfortable going to him? And in that situation, I just.
Speaker 15: Think that Anthony's grown a lot. I think the moment and is now is not going to be too big for him. I just feel that he's, you know, ready for whatever is asked of him. He's in a good mental space and the stuff is obviously very good. So for me, regardless of inning, I trust him. And like I said, he's still in the baseball has a lot of confidence right now, and so to run him out there against the middle of the order, I had no problem with that.
Speaker 2: Go here in the front row.
Speaker 5: So your love, Hey Dave, can you just talk a little bit about just Mookie's defense and what you've seen how it continues to just evolve and it gets elevates and really comes and clutch.
Speaker 15: He's made big plays. Yeah, that play going to his backhand just to kind of let Rokie settle in. He just continues to make great plays and it's rightfully so he's in the gold Glove conversation at shortstop and that was a big play. You just never know, get the leadoff runner on. You know how that inning could have evolved. And earlier that play by Munsey was a heck of a play, you know, infield drawn in going to his left spin make an accurate throw to get get that out at home. That was a big play as well.
Speaker 6: Go here second roll in the right dave.
Speaker 16: Earlier this season, after one of his early outings, Rokie, there's a visual of him looking emotional. It wasn't the performance he wanted to have, but for him to, you know, go through his rookie year, come back from injury and now deliver in these high leverage situations. What can you say about his growth?
Speaker 15: His growth has been certainly not linear. At that point in time where you know he was scuffling and emotional on the bench and there's a lot of you know, video and photos of that, and for him to kind of self reflect, get healthy and put himself back on the radar for our twenty twenty five ball club speaks to his his fight. And you know, I don't think anyone could have, you know, for foreseeing him in this role in April or May, and so I give a lot of credit to Roki to kind of get to that point. And now you know he can look back at twenty twenty five and look fondly at it.
Speaker 2: Fourth row in the middle here in the blue. Hey, Dave, I know you're up three.
Speaker 13: Oh, so this is kind of tough question, but you seem to if you're leaving a lot of tack on runs on the basis not moving runners over, and does.
Speaker 17: That concern you at all?
Speaker 2: Say that again, not getting.
Speaker 11: Runners in from third with less than two hours, not moving runners over?
Speaker 1: Does that concern you at all?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say concerned. But we got to be better.
Speaker 15: I think that you're always trying to figure out how you can improve as a ball club. And I do think that, you know, Tommy's at back today was huge, runners in scoring position. I thought Freddy's at bat to get him up was a huge at bat. But yeah, I do think that the situational we can be better at that. For sure. We got to be better.
Speaker 2: We have time for two more.
Speaker 17: We'll start with Russell in the back there near the camera.
Speaker 6: Douc a lot of pitches for Tyler through that first two innings.
Speaker 2: What did you see the change from him in the third?
Speaker 8: There was allowed able to allow him to get to five and two thirds.
Speaker 15: I thought the curveball got better. The curveball started to become more of a more of a pitch for him, and they went heavy left today and that was a pitch that was able to neutralize those guys. I thought Will did a great job the sequencing using the fastball enough. But yeah, you know, I think for me is that's really proud of Tyler in the sense of the pitch count was early and knowing we still needed length from him and for him to kind of stay, you know, keep his wits about him and to keep making pitches, keep competing and shorten the game. That's what we need from him. And he's done that. The last call it you know, six or seven starts, all.
Speaker 2: Right, there's manager Dave Roberts moments ago in the press conference room. I guess that one reporter doesn't like the fact the Dodgers have only lost one playoff game this year. He's a little TICKI tak right there. Huh, don't recognize that voice. How about have that guy introduced himself and give some background. Huh eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers one went away from going back to the World Series after a three to one win in Game three of the NLCS. And for the Brewers, their offense has just hit a lull at the worst time of the year. The Milwaukee offense has only scored nine runs in their last six games. The Dodgers starters have a lot to say about that, but also the fact that the Brewers are a team that likes to walk and string hits together. They just have not been able to get anything going against the Dodgers pitching. And obviously, going back to that NLDS that they beat the Cubs in five games, the offense just hasn't been hitting on all cylinders while the Dodger offense has been hitting on all cylinders for the last couple of weeks. And it says a lot, you know, I know, everybody wants to continue to focus on the fact that Otani has struggled offensively this postseason, which he has, But what does it say about the Dodgers that they are one win away from sweeping the Brewers and going back to the World Series With Otani not even being a factor offensively in the postseason. That's got to be scary for the next round the World Series for either the Blue Jays or the Mariners, because Otani's not going to be held down for much longer. We saw him hit a slider, he kind of reached out for it. It turned into a triple down the right field line. Jackson Curio, who normally doesn't play right field, didn't jump on it. He's also been nursing a right hamstring injury, and we found out from Jackson Curio after the game that it wasn't a blowout of the hamstring. It was a cramp that he just couldn't get out and he expects to be in the lineup tomorrow for Game four. But going back to Otani, yes, he hasn't been a factor. The running scored in the first inning was the first run that he has scored since the Wildcard series against the Reds. But look at the Dodgers. In Game two, it was the five through nine hitters that provided the offense. Tonight it was Tommy Edman, Mookie Betts, a bad throw by admir Yuribe that allowed the pitching staff to have a two run cushion. So combined with the Dodgers starting pitching, that just beats you down as an opponent when you know you have to face Glassnew in game three. If Glassnew was wearing a Brewers uniform, there's a good chance he's starting Game one for them. Blake Snell and Yamamoto are certainly starting Game one for them, And the Dodgers have Type four of those type of pitchers aces tomorrow. Another one's on the mound in Otani. So there's just too much, too much from the Dodgers. And look, if you want to get into you know this is such an unfair matchup between the little old Brewers and the big bad Dodgers. We can get into it because if you want to look at the Dodgers starting lineup, I'll tell you how these guys got here in the same lineup. And it wasn't just the Dodgers throwing a bunch of Kashia Guys Show Hey Otani. Yes, seven hundred million dollar contract, but the reality is he's only a two million hit against the luxury tax because he and the Dodgers strategically structured it that way. And oh, by the way, Otani offered that to all the teams that were a finalist, the Blue Jays, the Angels, and the Dodgers. But the Dodgers and their ownership and their front office and their marketing have done a better job of maximizing the show Hey Otani brand than the Angels did. So that's on the Angels, Mookie Betts. How did he get here?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. The Red Sox did not want to continue to try to work out a contract with him and traded him away for Alex Verdugo and Connor Wong. Will Smith drafted and developed by the Dodgers, extended by the Dodgers. Freddie Freeman cast off from the Braves. Can you believe that Freddie Freeman? The Braves didn't want him? He signed after spring training started Tommy Edmond. The Dodgers used their prospects to acquire him and Michael Kopek. Last trade deadline, they gave up Miguel Vargas for him, Thank you Saint Louis Teoscar Hernandez. Nobody wanted to sign him last year. The Dodgers gave him a one year contract and worked out another one. Max Munsey and keyk Hernandez. Nobody heard of those guys before the Dodgers brought them up through the system and they arrived on the scene. Key Gain fifteen, Max Munsey in eighteen. Andy Pa has drafted and developed. Yes, the Dodgers have thrown money at their starting pitchers, but well worth it. So I don't want to hear about the Dodgers winning is bad for baseball or it's going to trigger some sort of labor issue. Take a step back, don't be irrational and realize that it's other teams that actually helped the Dodgers build this juggernaut of a lineup. And they did go out and trade for Glass, now extend him. They did sign Blake Snell, but there were a lot of other teams that could have kept Blakesnell, namely the Padres, but they chose to extend Jake Croninworth and Joe Musgrove and give Many Machado even more money. Who's that on the Dodgers or the Padres. So some of these organizations sounds like Fomo and sour grapes. Eight six six nine eight seven two seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Brewers three to one in are on the cusp of returning to the World Series, and then from that point on we'll talk about their place not only in Dodger history, but in baseball history. Let's go out to Charlie, who is a Dodgers stadium today. Hi Charlie, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 18: Hey DV, thanks for getting me on. I just want to say you're one hundred percent on.
Speaker 5: Our fan base.
Speaker 18: We've been going to a lot of playoff games and this season we've gone to about eleven games, and we're the games we've gone to my family and we've been ten and one. So I'm I don't know if it's superstition, but I feel that we definitely have an impact on the game.
Speaker 6: We've had some field seats and.
Speaker 18: We sat on the on the on the behind the dugout, and I just got to say a lot of our fans just kind of sit back like if it's a preseason game, like they're watching it from home. And so I'm that guy that gets up and rallies everybody.
Speaker 6: And we have a rallies out.
Speaker 18: For a reason, and I don't care if the people behind me are tell me sit down. I'm up there and trying to rather our people because we do make an impact. We do make a difference on our team, and definitely when we're at two strikes, you know, we definitely got to help our picture out and rally them to get that dirt strike, you know. So I'm one hundred percent we have to do better, and it definitely we can't take it for granted. So I appreciate you taking my call at DV.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you, Charlie. And you keep those spirits high, you keep waving that towel, you keep being the loudest guy in your section. Because I'm a big believer it's okay to stand up at times at a game when it's appropriate. Nobody wants to sit behind the guys standing up for all nine innings, but have some feel in situations. And the Dodgers needed the fans to try to rattle Mizowski and they just never did. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number if you're at a concert or a sporting event, there are times that you can stand up for extended period of times. I have no issues with that. I don't love sitting behind a guy that is standing up the entire concert or the entire game, but there are moments in time that it's called for, and Dodger fans needed to do something to try to rattle and make things a little more uncomfortable for Jacob Mizerowski. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Richard and Santa Clarita, Dodger fans. I know you'll show up and you'll be louder tomorrow and in the World Series. Don't be spoiled. Don't take it for granted. Richard, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Hi, Steve's going Steve.
Speaker 2: I'm not Scuba Steve. No no, no, no, no, no no no. You can't call in to hear your own voice and not know my name. Let's go out to Brian and Irvine. You're on Dodger Talk. Brian, go ahead, what you what do you got? Do you know who I am? Do you want me to stand up and describe who I am? Like Pat Murphy wants every media member to do. I could stand up. I'm David Vasse from willand Hills. I've been hosting this show for fourteen years. Brian, David, not Steve.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 8: DV?
Speaker 5: Badass? DV Man. I know exactly who you are, and I want to say I love blowouts, but man.
Speaker 11: Oh, Brian, you're watching.
Speaker 2: Start over. Brian, you were in cell hell. I'll give you one more chance.
Speaker 12: To hear me now, DV we can go ahead.
Speaker 5: Man, I love a good blowout, but I gotta say tonight, as a Dodger fan, this was such a good win, watching everybody contribute in so many different ways. And I watched the game actually in San Diego at an event, so I'm around a bunch of pissed off, no energy Padre fans were just miserable at their lives.
Speaker 7: It felt so good.
Speaker 5: But I want to say, man like, even as a Dodger fan, it's been really hard putting our faith in the bullpen, and tonight was such an incredible.
Speaker 2: It was incredible. Brian. Your phone call was almost incredible, but it fell short. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number Dodgers beat the Brewers three to one. They are on the cusp of becoming the eleventh team in baseball history to sweep a championship series. Ever since it expanded to a best of seven format back in nineteen eighty five, there have been ten sweeps for in the National League, six in the American League. The last team to sweep an NLCS was the eventual World champion Nationals in twenty nineteen, who swept the Cardinals. Let's head back downstairs to hear from one of the bullpen dogs. He was our pregame guest, Alex Vesia. He ended up being the winning pitcher.
Speaker 19: It's a good feeling to, you know, kid outs lockdown the back half of a game. Obviously Todai Glass now was great. You know, for myself, it was kind of just one pitch at a time. Obviously giving up the double wasn't was an ideal. Blake comes in, it continues, the battle band, it comes in awesome, and then you know Brookie comes in and you know, pumping one hundred. So it was a good day for the boys to.
Speaker 8: Start the season.
Speaker 20: You guys had a goal to go back to the World Series or now one win away of just achieving being back there.
Speaker 21: What does that say as kind of what is the feeling is right now and how special that is for you all?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean I think I've said it before that too. To win a World Series and then have you know, front office, go go get some guys, it's you know, for for myself, it's super motivating.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 19: I remember, you know, working out in my my gym and like that was that was awesome. That was such a good feeling that like we can potentially go and do that again. Right now, we're here and you know, it's been a long season of ups and downs and and and whatnot, but you know, we believe in each other, and you know we have one more and you know we'll continue to play play in baseball.
Speaker 21: Excuus are eight and one in the playoffs. Now, did you see a run like this coming when October started? Given just that up and down regular season that you mentioned, Not necessarily.
Speaker 19: I think it's just you know, when the when the postseason rolls around, we all kind of lean on each other a little harder. You know, it's the one hundred and sixty two games is a long season. Things go our way, things, don't you know. But it is a breath of fresh air when October comes around.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Alex Vesia on Sports Net LA and I'll just say this, take it for what it's worth. Max Munsey was the pregame guest before Game two of the NLCS, and he hit a big home run and tonight a big defensive play in the second inning. And tonight Alex Vessia or today Alex Vesia was our pregame guest. Comes in in a big spot, gets the win in relief. Is there some pregame karma? Who wants in tomorrow? Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. And speaking of pregame, it was great to see two of my childhood favorite Dodgers from my favorite childhood Dodger team, the nineteen eighty eight Dodgers. Steve Sachs, who obviously does a great job with Tim Kats in the morning during the postseason. He is a ball of energy and positivity. I love Steve Sacks and Mikes Oosha, one of my all time favorites as well, was on the field thrown out the first pitch, and I loved that After the first pitch was over, Shoho Tani went out of his way to come out of the dugout to pay respects to his first major league manager. And that was Mike's Soosha with the Angels. And that was a pretty cool scene. And it was great to see Steve and Mike's osha up here in the press box. Got a chance to talk to them. They were watching the first or the first couple of innings from right outside our broadcast booth. And I offered mikes Oshi my seat. I said, hey, you could sit in my seat and tell all your friends you sat in David Vasse's chair in Dodger Talk. He refused politely. I think eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Brewers. Everybody's feeling great in La. The Dodgers are on their way back to the World Series. I'll just say that. Go ahead, Pat Murphy, use that for bulletin board material. I don't care. There's nothing you can do to stop this freight train, which is the twenty twenty five Dodgers and their pitching staff. Let's go out to San Diego. Felix, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Felix?
Speaker 6: What's going on, David?
Speaker 17: Hey, man, Before I actually start, if you don't mind, I like to say thank you to you for everything you do and.
Speaker 6: The other thing to man, especially with me. I call in a lot.
Speaker 17: From down here. You guys keep me sane. Yeah, but I've talked to you about it in the past, about Trident specifically, and you've always gone to back for him, and we've we've gone back and forth.
Speaker 6: On there a couple of times.
Speaker 17: With that said, I'll tell you what, man, you keep saying that you know, as far as we need to or the people at the stadium need to need to take it up a notch, I'm gonna tell him every fellow Los ANGELESO everyone.
Speaker 6: And I hope you guys listen to me.
Speaker 17: Twenty fifteen, our manager was down here with the Madres as a first base coach. They didn't give him a shot.
Speaker 13: We did.
Speaker 6: Since then, the Madres.
Speaker 17: Have had eight coaches, eight managers, whatever you want to call them. That's that's their biddle. But what I'm getting at to you is our manager, whether you like him or not, I'm all for him. He's about to win his fourth ring. Vessia Bonda try in Sasaki bumping his chest.
Speaker 6: I'm all for that, man.
Speaker 17: And the last thing too, is you mentioned those names, David, you forgot three Sasaki. Everybody had a chance with him, Yoshi, everybody had a chance, has Im Kim. Everybody had a chance, whether they chose to come, whether we I think I heard that with Yoshi specifically, they were looking at him for three years before they even went to him. So we're blessed to be doctor Blue and we're going back. Man, I don't care what anybody says. And I'll tell you what, David, if you can bring in Otani to try to getting in an interview so he can crush it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe Otani wants a pregame interview get his postseason turned around. Not a bad idea. I feel like, say, it's out there if Otani's agent, nez Blelo's listening right now, if Otani wants in for a pregame interview. It's worked for Muncie and Vesia, and of course that stretch of time for JD. Martinez with the dead fish handshake which turned around his thirty home run one hundred RBI season back in twenty twenty three. But I think Otani's gonna be okay. I'm a big believer in track record. That's why I believed in Blake Trining. I know he was pushed to the limits last year and I feel like we all needed to give him some grace for that. But similar to a lot of these Dodgers, they paced themselves for the right time, and not a lot of players, and not a lot of players on the same team can kind of flip that switch when they need to, but the Dodgers have And let's not forget this. This is something that is lost in all of this. The last two seasons, the Dodgers have started before every other team, starting their year in South Korea before the twenty four championship season, and then turning around after winning the World Series in October of last year, coming back and being the first team back to spring training to get ready again to start the season in a different country, this time Tokyo, Japan, and here they are again. They're going to be playing and one of the last two teams standing. There needs to be some sort of greater appreciation. And I'll say this, I'm a big believer in the Dodgers being able to win the World Series again. To me, with all that being considered in the expectations, I would say the Dodgers back to back champions would have to be considered one of the greatest teams of all time, not just Dodgers but major League history. Eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Gonzalo. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium, Hig Gonzalo.
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going, Dave?
Speaker 18: How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Tremendous, Gonzalo. It's easy when you're watching the best show in baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I just wanted to ask, when do you think is the appoprium times to start the wave?
Speaker 2: Anytime? I'm a big fan of the wave, Gonzalo started anytime you.
Speaker 18: We were out in right field and they were trying to start it in the top of the inning and the bottom of the inning, and it seemed like if we could never really get the crowd going.
Speaker 2: So I would actually say the wave is more effective if you're trying to be strategic about it. I would say the wave would be the most effective when the opposing team is hitting, because that could be distracting to the opposing hitters. So I would say, if I had to lean one way or the other wave etiquette, I would say, when the other team is hitting.
Speaker 18: So you so one way on the fence. I agree, because they were trying to start it at the top of the inning and it looked like, I mean, at the bottom of any when we were up, and it looked like no one would say attention. Everyone just locked in.
Speaker 2: That was the weakest wave ever. I never saw Gonzalo try to start it again tomorrow. Thanks for the phone call. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. I can I could solve a lot of problems, and there are a lot of problems I can't solve, but I can give you some tips on wave etiquette. So I'm leaning towards the opposing team hitting. So the top half of any inning. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out when we continue more of your phone calls. We'll head back downstairs to get more postgame reaction. But coming up next, we'll check in with Jose Mota, who was on the call on the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with Luis Cochito Cruz after the Dodgers beat the Brewers in Game three the NLCS three to one on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger Tom with David Bassing. Here's Booky Betts.
Speaker 20: The chances to start the scoring hit Game three ashby deals.
Speaker 8: Bet sweet face head right center field into the cup. Botany scrolls home.
Speaker 7: BET's heading for a second to throw in his laid Harbi double.
Speaker 4: Bookie Bets and the Dodgers out of the gates in Game.
Speaker 8: Three one to nothing and Bets's taking double right out of the batter's bucks.
Speaker 2: Bokie Betts with his nineteenth career postseason double, wearing a Dodger uniform that ties Justin Turner for the most postseason doubles and Dodger franchise history. Mookie Bets also play great shortstop tonight for the Dodgers to help them beat the Brewers three to one in Game three the NLCS. The Dodgers are one win away from heading back to the World Series. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to Am five to seventy lasports dot Com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream.
Speaker 5: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota on the call for the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast tonight with Luis Cochito Cruz. How big of a play was Max Munsey's great defensive play in the second inning to cut down Jake Bowers at the plate tonight, Jose.
Speaker 1: Well, David, it's a play that changes the uh some plush of the old game. Why because, as you heard Tellerglass to talk about, that is a team that you have to defend well against and that pretty much means two runs right there.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: But the good thing is that when you're guarding a lot against the bunt, and I learned this long time ago, it actually makes you be a little bit more aware and to be quicker in decisions. So think about Monthly and where he was playing in the very first Eddy we come the line drive. Sure you now that play there? Take him to his left, but he spins and throws. I mean that was like, you know what, Adrian Beltri top of play right there, that was outstanding change a game.
Speaker 2: Man. That's side praise right there. When you say Adrian Beltray type, I mean that was one of the best third basemen ever. And Munsey is one of the more underrated defensive players out there.
Speaker 1: And let's let's I'm gonna make it very clear, I am not comparing Max Munsey to Adrian Beltray. I'm saying that is the type of game Beltray will play and a play he would make to change a game. So for Max Mounsey, and he'll tip your hat because I remember the guy's at the leg injury and the side injury and so many things that I think right now we're seeing the best out of you know, defensively because of the guy really cares.
Speaker 2: We know that without a doubt. And from the Brewers side of things, you know, miss Rowski was outstanding today. But it felt like those shadows, you know, hearing from former players that have actually played in these games at this stadium with those type of conditions, how much did that play into the middle innings of either team? Not really putting the ball.
Speaker 1: In play, Oh, dave a lot. Any former player can tell you that. Especially we have guys that throw hard and the pitch that is toughest to the fenders the fastball. So I've also seen guys get in trouble, guys with big arms, you know, good stature by spending the ball a lot. And think about this. All hitting does is timing and reaction, right, So if your reaction time is just slightly up because he can't see the ball, then go to your fastball. And that's why I say Glassen was so good, why miss Rosky was so good, because he was able to spend the ball quite well. But you gotta respect one of two, one o three. We saw some one o three today. But overall, I think the guys attacking them, attacking his own makes a big difference in what the shadows could do. Because at the same time, if you're not throwing strikes, so you walking guys, it takes one pish for you to make a mistake and go out there and you know, hurt you. But it happened to glass now last time we saw him on the mound. Because the phillies is a big difference.
Speaker 6: The Phillies.
Speaker 1: Guys told me that, and certainly it was good to see guys executing the way that he did and perhaps not let the shadows get in the way of what you have to do with the catcher. Just throw the mitt and laser in and get the job done.
Speaker 2: Jose, We've seen Mookie Betts get better and better from the start of spring training to where he's at right now defensively at shortstop. But to make that plane the ninth inning on this stage, that was Jeter esque, and it feels like now people are finally buying into the fact that this guy is truly a shortstop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean he's on his way to winning a Gold Glove. Key gets to the base who's going to catch a baseball? But I think there's no doubt. As the years progress, Dave his conference level and getting to Baseball's positioning has been much better. And even his throwing consider how many throws Freddie Freeman saved him from that would be errors. But now he's not lobbing the ball as much. He's throwing the ball with conviction. We talked about condition. When you pitch same thing as an infula as an alfielder, it all applies. His footwork is much better, and to be watching Mooki best playing his best defense at this stage means a whole lot about a guy that cares and understands what it means to the fan against teams in the postseason, understanding positioning strengths and weaknesses. And watch how many times Muki does not have to reach or die. He doesn't need to get dirty because he's so used to it as an altfielder anticipating some swings and reading swings that in the infield. He's taking that instinct where you have less time and has made himself better by known hitters and understanding also who's on the mount and what is expected of him on certain positions in certain areas of the field.
Speaker 2: When you look at the bullpen tonight, Jose Yes, Vessia and trying In and Bonda, we're outstanding. But Roki Sasaki, who had his first little speed bump of the postseason, bounce back really nicely tonight. Did you feel like he looked more like himself because the velocity was back up to ninety nine one hundred miles an hour, and that seems to be very important to him.
Speaker 1: It is, Dave, you know the separation was important to him if he was rocky. When he pitches, he is looking to see velocity. He wants separation, but he wants to see triple digits. I mean, he's proud of that, and certainly he knows that hitters are aware of that. What I like the most though, is that if he needs to double up on a splitter, he'll do it. But you know that the fascial was coming, and it's still hard to time it because his fascia has been sole in line with location velocity movement. His four seamert naturally moves and it's tough to gauge where it's gonna go. And then from the younger that he throws from the you know, the long legs and the big stride is to tough to gauge, but to get him back on his feet where he belongs and certainty he will success in attacking the zone, not shine a way and understanding more about the bruise approach, I think was the biggest difference here tonight.
Speaker 2: Is there anything to make us believe that the Dodgers won't close this series out tomorrow?
Speaker 1: I think you gotta believe that they will only because for show, heal tany on the mound. It's not a three nothing lead right now. He's thinking my outing, what does my team need from me?
Speaker 6: And what do I need to do?
Speaker 1: So I think the mentality is throughout the clubhouse and tongue into a lot of guys all throughout the postseason. Davis wanted to wear today, what is it that we need to do to finish off our business to play better? If it's bouncing back from a loss, perhaps what is it that we need to do a little bit better? So I think the mentality is going to be the same tomorrow, not even thinking of three nothing or whatever. It's just thinking about take care of your own business and for showhy it's about making sure that also upstage by those guys on the mound, and he wants to be just as good as they have a model Snell and Glass down here tonight. So he's up to the challenge. I believe in he'll have a very good outing and there's no limits.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers should slam the door on the Brewers tomorrow and take that cash money out to the World Series. Jose, thanks a lot for checking in. We'll talk to you tomorrow after I should be a little bit more smellier of champagne when we do this.
Speaker 6: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: I will never call you Steve Davis.
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate that, Hosi. I would never call you, Joe.
Speaker 1: Thank you, David.
Speaker 2: There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Brewers three to one. They beat the Brewers best. Pat Murphy shot his best shot, having Jacob Mazerowski pitching tonight's game. He still loses and now has to turn to Jose Cantana and a bunch of relievers that the Dodgers already have gotten a pretty good look at already in this series. Trevor McGill abner your uibay, they saw him again today, Jerry Kanig. Uh, there's a few guys the Dodgers, Chad Patrick. They've seen their guys, they've seen their best, and they feel very comfortable going into Game four of the NLCS eight six six seven two five seventy. Let's go back out to the phones. David in Fontana, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, David?
Speaker 17: Pretty good day.
Speaker 5: How you doing.
Speaker 3: First of all, a great first name, man, great first.
Speaker 2: Name, that's why you're on the show. You were from Fontana there, but because your name's David, I put.
Speaker 15: You on.
Speaker 3: Good want I just want to talk about Mookie's play man, like you said, top of the ninth and be in a big stays NLCS right now, and to come up with that play man, It's not every day you see a now field their go to shortstop and make plays like.
Speaker 18: That as well.
Speaker 3: It's I think one in a million man that some outfield, I mean, like Mookie can just go from outfield to infield make that play. And just I mean, I think give them the gold already, give them the gold glove, and give them another World series read and give the Dodgers another World series ring man. Like I'm telling you, Dodgers are going to go all the way to the World Series again. And it's it's gonna be amazing. Tomorrow's going to be amazing with show time out there on the mound. It's gonna be final fantastic job for him tomorrow. So let's, like you said, pop that champagne and let's celebrate tomorrow, all.
Speaker 2: Right, David in Fontana, thank you for the phone call, and consider this another subplot to the World Series, and really the dominance of the Dodgers the last two years is the fact that last year's right fielder in the World Series, Mookie Betts, will be starting at shortstop in this year's World Series. And off the top of my head, I can't think of another player that won six goal gloves in right field, maybe even just one goal glove in the outfield, and then the very next year goes out and wins a Gold Glove at a big premium position like shortstop on the infield. I mean, that's just a testament to how great of an athlete Mookie Bets is. We always talk about, you know, how great of a bowler he is, how great of a pickle ball player he is. He's just been blessed with great athleticism. And he's not a big guy, which is also you know, a testament to him as well, because you hear his mom tell the stories about how she would coach the little league teams because everybody thought he was too small. I'm sure when he was drafted people didn't believe in him because of his size, but here he is now one of the greatest players of his generation, well on his way to Baseball's Hall of Fame. And it's just something that you can't take for granted. It really isn't.
Speaker 20: I know.
Speaker 2: We all marvel at Otani, and rightfully so at what he can do being a dominant pitcher and being a great hitter. But how about Mookie Betts. How many people could do what Mookie Betts has done the last two years, play Gold Glove right field and be a great hitter. I mean, he was on his way to the MVP last year before he got hit by a pitch which broke his wrist, and then come back this year and be as great of a shortstop as he has been. And I wasn't joking. The first guy we'll see that comes out here tomorrow afternoon is Mookie Betts. And we just found it thanks to our guy Dwayne McDonald, who finds everything if he doesn't have it at the top of his head. Darren Erstad was the only other outfielder that moved to the infield to win a Gold Glove. Erstad won the Gold Glove for Mike'sosha with the Angels in two thousand and two thousand and two and then was moved to first base in two two thousand and four and won't won the Gold Glove there. Darren Erstadt the only other outfielder that won multiple goal gloves to move to the infield first base not shortstop, much different, and won the Gold Glove there. And he was a punter at Nebraska. Mookie never punted. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Bellflower. Michael. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium. Hi, Michael, Hey, Dave.
Speaker 11: Okay, I just wanted to thank you for going through the lineup and breaking down where a lot of these players have come from. I think people forget the Dodgers. They do it better than everybody else. It's this whole thing, this run here. I don't know if you want to call it a run or not, but this kind of started with Ned Koletti flipping Milton Bradley for a young Andre Ethier, and then fast forward you figure a guy like Munsey in the minor leagues in twenty and seventeen when the Dodgers made it for the World Series. He comes out in eighteen boom burst on the scene, and then he's an All Star first baseman eight hundred ops. Guess what, we just find a guy. You got to go play somewhere else. Okay, I'll go play third. And to see the place he's making in this play in these playoffs is remarkable. A guy like that just coming through consistently, NonStop. People.
Speaker 2: Hey, Michael, remember when Max Muntsey was playing second base? Remember Max Munsey the second baseman. So he's been part of World Series teams where he's played second base, first base, DH and now third base. I think we all forgot Munsey played second for a full season.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers go out and sign Freddy Freeman, and hey, guess what, You're a man without a home because you got injured. Guess what, go play third?
Speaker 6: Okay, what do I do?
Speaker 11: I'll put up another seedon.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 11: People forget about that. And I just want to say, I think the Dodgers, like you said, they're probably one hundred percent going to go to the World Series. They're three and oh I know Dave Robertson the boys out in Boston were able to flip a three to zero too. A World Series bunch of ticket. But he's hammenagers and Milwaukee are not Dodgers going to the World Series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it's over tomorrow. Michael, thank you for the phone call and going back to Max Munsey. We would not have gotten that type of call about Max Mounsey in April or May or June. Max Monsey is the epitome of not knowing what you have until it's gone. And when he was hurt, the Dodger offense was not hitting on all cylinders. Key k a Hernandez did and Miguel Rojas did a great job filling in at third base, but this lineup sorely missed Max Munsey. And now all of a sudden, it feels like everybody is starting to appreciate Max Munsey more than ever. And I'm gonna challenge Colin Yee go back and find some of those calls from the middle the summer where everybody who's thinking the sky was falling Mounsey stinks ta Oscar Hernandez needs to be benched or moved to left field. How about the first couple of weeks of the season, everybody wanted Andy pa has sent down. Now look at Andy pah haz you just got to understand that the Dodgers always had a bigger picture in mind, and you're seeing it play out now. This is the perfect storm, complete perfect storm. That all four of these starting pitchers are healthy and pitching their best at the same time. That's what the Dodgers had hoped for. But now it's unfolding. On the field. Snell is on another level. He's second half Snell like he was the last two years. He went on a historic ten start run to end his season last year. And oh, by the way, I guess his teammates don't hate him the way the San Francisco media, in fact, one guy try to portray. You got sho hey Otani, who the Dodgers played perfectly to get him back to pitching at his best and healthy. You got Tyler Glass now who's filling in nicely as the fourth starter, who the Dodgers had go slow with his injury, and he's been awesome since the second half of the year. And he got Yamamoto, who made thirty starts this year. It's just a perfect storm in the offense playing its best at the right time for a second straight year. A perfect storm. And Jack Harris of the La Times actually said this could you imagine if the Dodger bullpen was pitching the way they thought it would pitch when they signed guys like Tanner Scott and Kirby Yates and didn't have the injuries that they have had to their bullpen. I mean, the Dodgers are probably only going to lose one more game in my opinion, before they win the World Series. There is a chance. I mean, how much better could it have been. I maybe just a better regular season record. I don't know how much better it could be in the postseason. With them being eight to one, I don't see them losing more than one game in the World Series to either the Blue Jays or the Mariners. And the Blue Jays are going to even up this series at two games apiece. They're up six to two in Seattle in the bottom of the seventh inning. So if the Dodgers could wrap up the NLCS tomorrow, all of a sudden, now their pitching's going to be on extra rest again to begin the World Series like it was to begin the NLCS. Sho hey Otani when he takes the mound tomorrow is going to be on eleven days rest. That's similar to the schedule the Dodgers laid out for him during the regular season. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seven is the phone number. Let's go out to Yvonne. Yvonne, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing.
Speaker 6: Good? How you doing?
Speaker 20: David?
Speaker 2: Did I get your name right?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 20: I know?
Speaker 6: I go by Ivan.
Speaker 7: There's actually Ivan and Leo right now, we're still stuck in traffic coming out Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Ivan and Leo. That's like an ice cream and right there.
Speaker 6: Hopefully maybe I'll make him millionaires.
Speaker 7: But David, you know, I listened to you a lot, and my son is five, so he was at the game today, and I just want to show some appreciation for the fans that actually showed up today. I know you got your criticisms that we didn't bring it, you know, like some of the other places.
Speaker 6: But it was a three pm game. I have to take it hot. It was I picked up my son early from school, and you know we showed up. I mean, you know, we did our best and it was hot. You know, we were in reserve forty, you know, right right Bacon.
Speaker 7: The sun and my son I got I got receipts of him cheering throughout the whole game, you know, And it's just show some appreciation to the fans that actually showed up at three pm on a Thursday game.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate that it was a full house, but Ivan, you got here, so why not contribute to the atmosphere of the stadium. If you made the effort to come to the game, be part of it. Be the tenth man. That's all I'm asking for.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, absolutely, I'm just saying, you know, that's a generalization of all the fans. Whereas we were contributing, it was pretty quiet.
Speaker 2: It was pretty quiet today, Ivan, Even the Brewers people were saying, what's going on here? This is the quietest we have heard Dodger Stadium in a playoff game. I'm just letting you know, after all these playoffs series, I just don't want there to be complacency setting in. And I completely understand the game time for today was unfair to LA fans. Thankfully tomorrow will be five point thirty. But I agree with you. Unfair to West Coast fans to schedule a game midweek at three o'clock. But it was a packed house.
Speaker 7: Yes, it was a packed house. That's all I'm saying. You know, it's just appreciation to all the fans showed up. And lastly, I want to shout out to my boy, Max Munsey. Anybody that knows me, because I've been forward to Max.
Speaker 6: Montsy is my boy.
Speaker 7: You know, I was the longest World Series game ever played. You know, if you were there, you remember Max Mussey hit the walk off against the Boston Red Sauce. Unfortunately we lost that best series, but you know, the best baseball game I ever been to, and I'm trying.
Speaker 6: To relive that with my son every time I go to the Dodgers game.
Speaker 2: All right, Ivan, I love that. I love that you brought your son to a playoff game. That's a memory maker right there. And yeah, that was Game four the twenty eighteen World Series. Monsey hit the walk off home run off of Nathan Valdi. I do not wish another eighteen inning game on you, or me or anybody else. Let's go out to Ronnie, who was at Dodgers Stadium. Ronnie, were you complacent today or do you feel like I've been too harsh? Ronnie? Oh, Ronnie, there you go? All right? Before we close things out, I want to hear from Tommy Edmund. He came up with the big hit against Jason Mizerowski in the sixth inning. Let's hear from Edmund on sports at LA.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he's good. You know, his his stuff is electric. He had good command of everything today. Not the easiest day to see either, but you know, we're just doing our best to battle up there and we're just fortunately we scraped that run across.
Speaker 21: All adjustments were you looking to make there, because it seem like with each at bat you were able to take some more information to find different ways to.
Speaker 20: Get to him.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 20: You know, that was the first time I'd faced him, so just you know, knowing how his pitches move. You know, it's a very unique pitture. He's got a lot of extensions, so it seems like he's releasing it right on top of you. So I think just getting some familiarity with with his pitch types and everything and how how you need to attack him. But you know, he's I mean really good stuff and really picture starting to.
Speaker 7: Go more to the secondary stuff that second time.
Speaker 6: Through the order, and that what's allowed to just for stay back on that slider for the base.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you know, I mean I'm not really looking for that. If there was one hundred and two miles an hour, so you got to be ready for the fastball. And I think the swing that I took, I just was able to kind of stay through it and you know, get it out to center field. But you know, you can't look for ospit against a guy like that, and Revens picked.
Speaker 19: Off throw and he seemed like you were barely off the bag.
Speaker 16: Weren't surprised at already?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know I was.
Speaker 20: I was really surprised, and you know, I'm glad it happened though, to give us that insurance.
Speaker 5: Run at the place where you would run there, or it's your ankle, I got the place where you would run there in the right spot or.
Speaker 20: Was it just kind of obviously it's situational. But you know, it's feeling really good right now, and you know, definitely getting closer to one hundred percent, so you know, hopefully I can start to be more of a threat out there on the basis feeling for.
Speaker 10: This team being one game away from making it back to a second Great World Series.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we're really excited. You know, it's it's been a bit of a trying year. We didn't play the best during the season, but you know we're getting hot at the right time, and you know, just one went away and hoping we can finish it off tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Tommy Edmond on sports net LA. He played a big part in the Dodgers scoring two runs in the sixth inning. He knocked Jacob Mizarowski out of the game after a go ahead base hit to center field in the sixth inning, and then Abner Uiba, thinking Tommy Edmund was gonna run with two outs and Max Munsey at the plate, Freddie Freeman at third base unwisely threw over there and threw the ball poorly, and Freeman was able to score the second run on that bad pickoff throw by Abner Uibe, and the Dodgers go on to beat the Brewers today three to one. Now, coming up tomorrow, Game four with the Dodgers on the verge of sweeping the Brewers and going onto the World Series for his second straight year as defending champions, show hey Otani will be on the mound on eleven days rest. The last time he started a game was Game one of the NLDS, going up against left Jose Kantana, who the Dodgers have seen three different times in postseasons. This will be the fourth start Katana has made against the Dodgers in his postseason career. Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at four point thirty tomorrow with first pitch from Dodgers Stadium at five thirty eight with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson. Don't forget our Dodger coverage never stops on Dodgers Radio and five to seventy LA Sports. Tomorrow morning, beginning at six, Steve Sachs and Tim Kats will have more coverage of not only Tonight's game, but Game four and Petro Some Money will lead you up to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck as well, and in between Rogan and Rodney. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burg Bank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks to you for showing up and listening to the show, calling in a couple of you let me down. We're not there when I came to you. One guy called me Steve. But all in all, it was a win. I'll take it. I'll feel good on my drive home once again. The final score tonight the Dodgers defeat the Brewers in game three, the NLCS three to one sweep on the way Book it Otani pregame interview. I got the karma, just putting it out there. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a great rest of your Thursday. See yawn.
Speaker 12: The just done