Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers continue, it's not fair. Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on dat.
Speaker 5: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 1: Your free game.
Speaker 2: Look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of AG spectrum and by your so called Chevy dealers.
Speaker 1: Together, let's try.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Molrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, April twenty ninth, as your Dodgers. It right now, twenty and ten on the season, first place atop the NL West, they remain a half game up on the San Diego Padres in the division. After taking two or three from the Chicago Cubs over the weekend, the Dodgers have split the first two games with the Miami Marlins. Today a final game of the home stand, final game of this three game series, the rubber game against the Fish Tyler Glass now on the mount. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 6: Between then and.
Speaker 5: Now, we got a lot to cover here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Coming up in about twenty minutes. David vassegoes one on one with Dodger catcher Will Smith. That is coming up in forty five minutes. During the hour we're gonna preview this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment, an injury update, the latest on Blake Snell included in the injury update. We got, of course, Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA checking in, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin four broadcast booth with Tim Deverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Last night at the Ravine, Jansen Well he was really good against the Dodgers, holding them to no runs on three hits over six innings of work. He struck out four along the way show hey Otani meanwhile flirting with a little bit of danger some traffic on the base pats. They got to him finally in the second on a sack fly as the Marlins led one to nothing. Fast forward to the top half of the fifth inning, runner on for Kyle Stours.
Speaker 7: Stowers his book ended strikeouts. He went down looking at a splitter in the first, he went down swinging at a splitter. In the third, he swings in, RUPs it into right field of base hit, rounding third and coming to the plate as morale he will score. It's a two out run scoring single for Kyle Stowers and Miami leads at two to nothing.
Speaker 8: Man, it's another case of a leadoff walk comes around to.
Speaker 5: Score the leadoff walk every single time. We'll get you, and it did there to Otani. As the Marlins had a two to nothing lead. The Dodgers offense had traffic on the base pass against junk in the first any they had a golden opportunity but could not score. In the eighth, the Dodgers finally got on the board thanks to Will Smith.
Speaker 7: Rushing off of third Freeman off of first one out of oh one pitch to Smith and Will Swingsony lines it in the right center up pace hit rushing scores around second and honest way. The third is Freeman. It's a two to one ball game. Will Smith with his third hit of the night. The time run is now ninety feet away and mc go ahead runs on pace.
Speaker 8: Oh here they come.
Speaker 5: Top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco right their quality, top tier gays for less. Will Smith delivery with the single to write Dodgers on the board, Dalton rushing scoring. The Dodgers had a little something going just one out runners on first and third, Tyne run ninety feet away.
Speaker 6: A pitching change for the Marlins.
Speaker 5: In came Kyle Tucker to get it at bat and popped out to shortstop.
Speaker 6: Two down.
Speaker 5: Max Munsey still the time run ninety feet away. In the bottom half of the eighth inning, grounded out to first to end the Dodgers threat, a golden opportunity wasted.
Speaker 6: They then then had an opportunity in.
Speaker 5: The ninth inning with Andy Podas reaching an RB on a single butt.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 5: They could not get him around to score. Marlins hang on for a two to one win over the Dodgers last night, who again had opportunities with runners on base. They stranded eight runners they went two for seven with runners in scoring position. Meanwhile, the Marlins had an opportunity a couple of times they left ten runners on base, were one for eight with runners in scoring position, but a two to one win for the Fishes. They're now fourteen and sixteen on the season. Dodgers fall to twenty and ten overall. Today the rubber game of this three game series. Tyler Glass now on the mound, first pitch of twelve ten and with more we head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. Gorgeous afternoon here at Dodgers Stadium. It's going to be a great day for a ballgame. As the Dodgers wrap up thirteen games in thirteen days. They'll have an off day tomorrow before they head off to Saint Louis to take on the Cardinals for three and then Houston for three in Texas. But business to be done today. The Dodgers twenty and ten. They have gone five and five in their last ten so looking for a win here, looking to avoid losses in back to back games at home for the first time this season. They'll face Sandy al Contra. The right hander is three and two with a three zero five ERA. Tyler Glasnow off to a terrific start for the Dodgers, the right hander three and zero with a two four five earned run average. Show Hey Otani back in the lineup to hit. He will lead off and be the designated hitter.
Speaker 8: Well and at this Dodger Bucklo, I'm going to change things around a little bit. On top of it, Andy Paez, who's been swinging the band very well, moves up to the number three spot in the Dodgers' batting order. Dalton Rushing will do the catching, and Alex call will be in left field, and other than that, it kind of remains the same. But the Dodgers tim need to change their approach at home plate. Last night they were it looked like they were in too big of a hurry. Four different innings they went one, two, three, two. Other innings they had only four batters come to home plate, and they did not really make Jansen junk who went six innings with only seventy six pitches. They did not make him work very hard. Indeed, and for Shoho Tani, even though he threw a lot of pitches in his six innings, he pitched better than to pick up a loss.
Speaker 7: With a short turnaround from the night game last night to their day game today, the early day game, the Dodgers hope the bats wake up because, honestly, during this series, in spite of the fact that they won Game one on a walk off, the bats have been relatively quiet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think in particular with runners in scoring positions. So you know, they need a big performance by Tyler Glass now today he has been absolutely right on the money three and oh. But as you mentioned, a contra going for the the Marlins today, he's been a tough customer. However, if there's some rust in the armor, it has been on the road where he's given up a three point fifty eight average. He has been lights out at home. But we'll find out the type of it bats the Dodgers put forward today.
Speaker 7: And as a team, the Dodgers have won seventeen of twenty home games against Miami since the start of the twenty nineteen season. They've lost one home series this year. That was to Cleveland when the Guardians took two of three today the rubber game, as the Dodgers hope to avoid losing this series at home and finishing up this homestand on a positive note before heading out on the road. They find themselves half game in front of San Diego as the day begins today, but a day game. Then the team will head out to Saint Louis immediately after Sandy al Contra pitching for the Marlins, it'll be Tyler glasnow for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, almost lunchtime, what are you doing today?
Speaker 6: For long?
Speaker 5: How about getting your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza parlor or are your Shaky's It's a Chicken and Mojo's right now Shakys dot com. We're off and running here on Morongo Casino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: Coming up before first pitch, you are gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check out with David Vasse, who goes one on one with Will Smith. But up next you're Otania Rewind and we'll talk with Kirston Watson from Sports Net LA that's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday, first pitch at twelve ten.
Speaker 6: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim kase is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Marlins, wrapping up this three game series rubber games.
Speaker 6: Each team has won one so far.
Speaker 5: Tyler class now Sandy al content out of the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: First pitch set for twelve ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewinde as he steps back, turns till the is the one two pitch and.
Speaker 7: Strike three called a splitter on the outside corner. Two up to down both strikeouts looking.
Speaker 8: Up the splitter now with two strikes. Opposing hitters for the season are three for fifty against Jotani.
Speaker 7: The Dangers need to try to find a way to get some runs for him. He needs to get him to the batrack right here too.
Speaker 1: Two swing and.
Speaker 7: As he struck him out, passball up high. Lamira is putting hold up the swing and now to two from show hey as he pauses, now kicks and fires strike three called passball outside corner, knee high.
Speaker 5: Nine strikeouts for Otani, Show hey Otani last night six and He's two runs, one earn, five hits, nine strikeouts. He threw one hundred and four pitches in each of his five pitching starts this year, show hey Otani has gone at least six innings. He has allowed no more than five hits, He's allowed no more than one earned running.
Speaker 6: He's allowed zero home No other MLB pitcher.
Speaker 5: Has done that in each of his first five starts of a season since the urn run became an official stat back in nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kirson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 6: That easy.
Speaker 5: Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with a K. All right, Kirson, Here we are the finish line. Thirteen games in thirteen days, and what a wild stretch has been for the team on and off the field.
Speaker 9: Man, it really has been. You know what, thirteen and thirteen is not easy for anyone, but then you add just a lot of different weather temperatures. We started in Colorado there was snow, then it was warm, then we were in San Francisco we had rained and it was cool. There was just so much going on, and of course we got to come back home to finish it with the home stand. So there was definitely a lot of up and downs. That meant that off the field, a lot of guys did get so there was essentially like a cold that I would say, a bad cold that went through the clubhouse. So it hasn't been the easiest of thirteen and thirteen. So the guys are very grateful to be on this back end, to be close to and to finally have an off day tomorrow. So, you know, as much as that has been the challenge, there have been positives though. There have been positives in regard to some of the offense breaking out. We've seen Shoho Tani getting back on track. Kyle Tucker obviously had a big moment for himself with the walk off the other night in Game one of this series. So there has been positives throughout it. The rotation has been in a good spot, but it's definitely guys are. They're kind of like dragging their food. They're ready to be like, all right, we're almost that off day. We cannot wait for that off day, and it is coming at a very good time right now.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers' offense, Kirsten, it's you know, they want to walk off game in this series, but you can make a case they could be looking to get sweat today if they don't win this series finale.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's an interesting one because whether it was Game one or even Game two yesterday, there's only been six runs in these two games. There's only been one extra base hit. And yes, they had the walk off in Game one and that was electric and amazing, and they were able to drive traffic against the bullpen on Phillips late in the game and even their closer. When you look at yesterday's game, it was kind of similar into which things were really quiet for a long period of time, and that first inning they were able to have basic loaded, but ultimately they couldn't bring anyone in in the eighth inning, they continued to create some stress in traffic. But Dave Roberts was saying last night what was frustrating him, especially with the performance yesterday, was more of when it came to situational at bats and taking advantage in certain situations they were unable to execute, and so that is something that he wants to see them turn back around and get back on track, because when you look at those final two games at the Cup Series, they weren't even they weren't relying on the long ball. They were stringing together hits. I think it was eighteen runs, twenty one hits, and you were seeing everyone getting involved. And it's just been kind of a drastic shift from that to start this series. So the hope is, obviously there is some familiarity today, and the hope is that they can get things going early with Sandy. I mean, look, he has obviously, want to say young, and he's had a lot of success. But the hope is they can get to him early and then find ways to really execute, especially when the situations arise in which they could bring runners in.
Speaker 5: Well the offense hopefully can get something going for Tyler Glass now today, who's been really good. Hearston, We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game. Dodgers off tomorrow and then they started a road trip in saying Louis appreciate it still they come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vat Stag goes one on one with Will Smith. But I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Marlins. A nooner from the Ravine. I'm Tim Kanes's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on dec continues on this Wednesday as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Marlins Morongo Casino Resort in Spa, a grand slam for good times. Tyler Glass now and Sandy Alcntada of the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at.
Speaker 5: Twelve ten, It's the La Dodgers. Injury report were resented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers, Edwin Diaz on the iel after elbow surgery, being conspiraus on the il with right shoulder inflammation. Blake snell through a couple of innings last night in Ontario with the tower buzzers. He is going to make another minor league rehab assignment coming up in just a little bed. Brock Stewart on the men, he is actually pretty close to coming back and joining this Dodgers bullpen.
Speaker 6: That is good news.
Speaker 5: More on Mookie Betts on what he is doing in progressing from his right oblique string coming up with David Vasse as well, Evan Phillips, Gavin stone landon nack Keyky Hernandez.
Speaker 6: All on the il all rights.
Speaker 5: After the game last night, Let's check out the Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 4: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I think if you're not going to you know, put up crooked numbers and you know, you know, clicking on all cylinders, you got to be good situationally, and uh, we were not good at all tonight's situationally, and so that's what it comes down to. So, uh, you know, you have a chance to catch a lead early in the first inning and stress them and you let them off the hook, and then you have a chance in the eighth inning and you do the same thing, and you know if and then in between all that, there's nothing going on. So when you do get opportunities, you got to be good situation. That's just the bottom line.
Speaker 9: You see from show me today kind of going that.
Speaker 10: I thought it was a navigation. I don't think he felt completely in sync.
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 10: There was a lot of misfires and bad misses. It was probably with him, probably you know, delivery situation. But you know, for him to find a way to still, you know, navigate three and six innings and then give up two runs, we should win the game. So I give him a lot of credit.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: There's a manager, Dave Roberts after the game last night, hoping the Dodgers' offense could turn the page. Here in this noon or today, out of the ravine, we continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll get the latest with David Vase as we're leading you up to first pitch from Unicle Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Keates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino, Dodgers on jack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Marlin's Tyler Glass. Now on the mount of this series finale. First pitch when Dodgers Datium was coming up, A twelve to sent Dodgers Baseball, brought you by Al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate, El Pato Gourmet and a.
Speaker 2: Can Joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 5: All right, DV Dodgers wrapping up this thirteen games in thirteen days. Mookie Betts did he take some ground balls today?
Speaker 6: What's the latest?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he took some ground balls today. That's never been the problem, Tim, Really, the biggest hurdle for Mookie Bets is to swing without pain in his right o bleak. And if you remember, I got the latest update from Mookie before the Dodgers left for their last road trip. Well today I did the same thing. Caught up with the Dodgers shortstop.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean, I don't really know. I mean, it's just kind of wake up and see.
Speaker 3: How it feels obligue turned something you really uh kind of mess with, you know, so when it feels good, then we keep progressing. But then if not, then we'll kind of take a rest day or whatever. But I mean we're getting closer, I mean starting to swing and add on a little intensity. Last time I added on to intensity with VP, it got sore after, so.
Speaker 1: You know, we just gotta slowly.
Speaker 3: So that's really the last piece is just adding on a velocity, like hitting off the machine and everything. But I think I've kind of started to turn the corner to where every day I'm starting to wake up and it feels good.
Speaker 4: Do you think you could trust to just go to that next step?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe we hit yesterday, hit today. I think we'll just keep.
Speaker 3: Slowly progressing hitting you know, coach VP, and once that feels good and add on to you know, the next step to velocity. Last time I hit COACHVP, I was kind of sore the next day, So I don't know, probably next day or so, I'll probably hit VP again and then we'll just take a step by step. It's just one of those things where actually it's kind of the opposite. It hasn't taken as long. I'm actually kind of ahead of where most obliques are. But the boys have been playing well, and so I don't have to overly rush back.
Speaker 1: I have to make sure I can.
Speaker 3: They're doing everything they need to do, so I can just kind of sit back and watch jam.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't sound like Mookie Betts is going to join the team on this upcoming road trip, tim but when they do return, they're gonna be here for an extended period of time, not only at Dodger Stadium, but also in Anaheim. So hopefully he'll be able to swing without waking up the next day with some tightness or soreness. But I could tell you for certain, Mookie Betts told me he'll be courtside at the Laker game tonight.
Speaker 6: Well that's good news.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by the Fort Maverick Motor Trends of North American Truck of the Year. The Fort and Maverick everything you need in the most innovative try with forty two miles per galln at the best MSRP fans category. It's time as he forded a new lighth You're Southern California four dealers today, Dave real quick, showy Otani, how's he looking at not hitting last night in the game?
Speaker 4: From what I gathered, I actually got a transcription from one of the Japanese reporters, and it sounds like the jury is still out in show Heo Tani's mind about whether or not not being a two way player on the nights that he's pitching really will benefit him by the end of the season. But it's hard to argue the numbers tim sixty four at that. Since Sho Hao Tani started pitching last year as a Dodger, he's only hitting two hundred with two home runs. So the Dodgers are trying to keep a thirty one year old two way player and very important to this team not only fresh and rested each and every start, but also for October.
Speaker 6: No great stuff, DV.
Speaker 5: Let's time now to pick the ponies as we pick a race at Santa Anita tomorrow. They got Thursday racing. We're gonna do the fourth tomorrow five and a half furlongs. It is currently an eight horse race. Who do you like, David.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm not really a horse racing better here, Tim, but uh, this is pretty easy. I think I'm gonna go with the odds of one to one fall a bell out the number eight horse.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna go Harney Lane the six horse. Good luck to you, DV. Don't forget Santa Anita. This weekend's got racing Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday be a part of it. Ten dollars for parking admission and a program on the weekend. Friday's are free exploring new experiences at the Great Race Place, Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get you your magical moment. Dodgers Marlins. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Marlins, Tyler Glasnell on the Mountain this series finale.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at twell ten.
Speaker 1: Who went the hot Gun? It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 2: It's Magical presented by Hawpey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: We go back to twenty seventeen Dodgers in Miami after the All Star break, in which the rookie Cody Bellinger was having a great season.
Speaker 6: He was an All Star Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 5: And on July fifteen, twenty seventeen, at Marlins Park, Cody Bellinger hit for the cycle and.
Speaker 11: He drills one into right field and it gets over the head of Stanton. Now here's Bellinger on his way to second, Bellinger on his way to third. Will he get the cycle? Yes, Cody Bellinger, what hasn't he done this year? He hits for the cycle four for four to begin the seventh inning.
Speaker 5: Cody Bellinger hitting for the cycle against the Marlins in twenty seventeen. What a year he had that rookie season, an All Star, hit for the cycle and named Rookie of the Year, helping the Dodgers go to the World Series, of course, but they were cheated out of a championship by the Houston Astros. This Hoey Magical MoMA brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffee so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on deck. He just heard his voice, Charlie Steiner on the call. We'll hear from Charlie next as he catches up with Rick Monday to lead you out to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kason is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins on this Wednesday, Tyler Glass. Now Sandy Alcantada. The bitching matchup for Switch coming up at twelve ten time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your SoCal Verizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steyner.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 12: This is the end of the thirteen game, thirteen day run, in which the Dodgers are just six and six. Having said that, they're still in first place in the National League West at twenty and ten, a half a game in front of San Diego. They lost to the Cubs last night. The Marlins fourteen and sixteen. They're in second place, seven behind Atlanta in the National League East. After the Marlins win last night, Jansen Junk was anything but his last name would suggest he outpitched Otani last night and the Dodgers now looking to get away with a win and win this series.
Speaker 1: At home today. Mo.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Charlie the offense last night for the Dodger ball club, but it kind of disappeared when you start to look at the fact that they had four different innings or they had the minimum number of batters that being three two other innings where they had just four batters, and they were not real selective man for Junk in six innings made only seventy six pitches in that ballgame, So the Dodgers were not particularly selective at home plate with Otani six innings, one hundred and four pitches. And what was kind of weird I mentioned during the ballgame is that Otani when he gets two strikes, has been phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 8: Last night for the Marlins when they had two strikes, they were just one for fourteen against the Dodger right hander. And this year with two strikes, if you're a hitter, you don't want to be up there. It's an O sixty five batting average. Again, it's been after getting two strikes last night, then he labored in throwing pitch after pitch after pitch and a pitch count was just really too high.
Speaker 12: Gave up two runs. One earned the unearned run due to a throwing error by Otani. So, having said all that, his Zra at the moment is six. Oh, wrote Gleski, one fifty Glassenhow who's going today? Two forty five? Yamamoto to eighty seven? What question marks around she? And and Sasaki? She and Zra almost five and Sasaki's era is almost six. And so it's glass now today against al Contra, and your sense where the Dodgers are needing Glass now against al Contra today.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And the other thing that we've noticed about Glass now even from spring turning over in Arizona this year, the curve ball has been a very, very big and important pitch for him. And he's had a lot of hitters that are kind of in between do I look for the fast ball that is in the upper nineties or do I look for the curve ball or even the slider. So he's had that option to be able to do it. He's also done a little better job in holding runners at first base a little bit more, and that's important because the Marlins, they are an active team, and they try and steal bases, and they'll try and pick your pocket. And they've done it a couple of times in this series already, including three times last night stolen base.
Speaker 12: And about the Dodgers hit and the power. Forty five home runs in thirty games, no home runs last night. In the first twenty two games this year, they've hit forty two, but in the last eight they've hit only three. So the power. There seems to be a power shortage at the moment.
Speaker 8: Well power, but I think a lot of it is due to pitch selection and it has not been well exemplary if you're looking at it. I mean the Dodgers. Yes, they're finishing a stretch today at thirteen consecutive games. Okay, fine, every ball club is going to go through that particular stretch. But the numbers are the last ten games. The Dodgers are a five hundred team. They're five and five San Diego in losing last night, there's six and four in the last ten. The Dodgers need to have a little bit of a spurt, and we're going to see a little different lineup today, not only with a couple of personnel, but also in the placement of the hitters. And Andy paihe has, who's off to a terrific start, is going to be moved up to the number three spot in the lineup this afternoon.
Speaker 12: Now is the question we're beginning to raise. Last week, as hot as he was hitting and they had him basically batting seventh, at what point would he move him up? But now with the Dodgers struggling just a little bit, maybe this is that point, and I think it's a good thing to do.
Speaker 8: Dave Roberts is still looking for some semblance of well, where is our lineup going to be? And then in the hallway not too far away, it's going to be Mookie Benz. Now when BET's comes back, that again is going to change the position of the batting order as far as the number of people batting at the top of the order. Where do you put Ben's, does Otani remain in that leadoff spot? Where do you move Freddy Freeman, who again is going to be in the number two spot in today's lineup? Interesting decisions The Dodgers are really on the cusp of having to make but they're going to be tough decisions, but very good decisions because they're going to get some players back and off the injured list.
Speaker 12: Col Is starting in left field today and Tyo Hernandez he continues to struggle, so for him, it's going to be a day of rist Freeland at second Ken at short rushing is catcher and Smith as the day off, So the Dodgers team will fly out after the game tonight and the rest of the staff will fly out tomorrow getting ready for the Cardinals in the first three game series in Saint Louis.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup a good one when Tyler Glass now going up against right hander Sandy Alcntra. And we'll also get you the keys to the game with Tim and Rick but up naturally go high and tie with Dodger catcher Will Smith. Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday, first pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers wrapping up this homestand final game of this three game series against the Miami Marlins. Tyler Glass now Sandia Contra the pitching matchup, First pitch coming up A twelve ten Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast broadcast. What are you doing for launch? Well, a little Shaky's. It's game day, girth day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what.
Speaker 2: Will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment is high end tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers and Marlins are wrapping up this three game series, the Dodgers wrapping up thirteen in a row, and we're joining right now by three time World Series champion America's catcher himself.
Speaker 1: Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Will thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it. Yeah, of course, nice and early this morning I'm so lucky that you actually made it into the parking lot. It's a struggle for even the players to get in on an early day.
Speaker 13: I know I was stuck behind fifty buses this morning. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: Will You had to miss a couple of games over the weekend with a stiffness in your back. How much is that just getting back into the normal route of a season. Is it something that you're gonna have to manage the rest of the season.
Speaker 13: Uh, I have no idea. Yeah, just stiffened up that first game against Chicago. You're just trying to play its smart, not letting it it worse, trying to take a couple of days just to get it right. Still feel a little bit, but you know, good enough to play last time, obviously good enough to play this morning if I needed to. But should be back in there in product.
Speaker 4: When you look at the beginning of this season for you, you did go play in the World Baseball Classic. There's a lot of guys that played in that tournament that didn't get a lot of at bats. Seems like you're starting to get a rhythm at the plate. Did not getting as many at bats during that tournament. Do you think it affected some guys.
Speaker 13: I'm sure it could have back to some guys. I know some guys were talking about that, you know, not not worried about it, but making sure they got at bats once they got back to spring training after it. For me, I feel like I've got plenty of the bats. I was ready to go. Yeah, I know, haven't been great, say it for nothing bad, but just kind of surviving just one of those months for me. I mean, that's more to some mechanical stuff swing wise, just cleaning some things up as opposed to timing or anything like that. But that's that's our too opportunity to work.
Speaker 4: And you know, on Hitzel Com the Dodgers have preached having this overarching big picture while also trying to win each and every day. At this stage of your career, it's hard to believe that you broke in in twenty nineteen, But how do you manage at this stage of your career trying to be ready every day but also understanding it's about October two.
Speaker 13: I let the you know, doc handle that big picture stuff, and when he approaches me it comes up. I usually have to agree with them this because you know, he's thinking about everything but now I'm going one day at a time. I want to be on the every day. I want to try to win every game. That's our job, and kind of let them handle that part.
Speaker 7: Have you.
Speaker 4: I know you're a guy that once the season was over, you didn't take any victory labs. That's just who you are. But I don't feel like people appreciate the fact that you caught every single inning of the World Series, including eighteen innings. How long did it take you during the offseason to recover through all that?
Speaker 13: A while. I was pretty sore for a good month or so, you know, starting to work out. Definitely didn't have my legs under me. But this is part of it. It's part of it. It's all worth it. I celebrated a little bit. Yeah, I wasn't not taking laps, but I had a good time.
Speaker 4: Did you just keep it tight circle with the Smith family.
Speaker 13: No, I was hanging out the guys. I just don't plaster all over social media. I just keep it to myself.
Speaker 4: Nobody's asked you this. So you hit the go ahead, eventual winning home run in Game seven last year, what did you keep from that moment? Do you have the baseball do you have the bat that you hit the home run with.
Speaker 13: I wish I honestly don't know where the bat went. I'm sure it got authenticated, but I don't remember which one it was or anything like that. But no, I just got just the memories, that's all I've got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty good memories for Will Smith and the Dodgers. Here here's something else that I wonder if you ever, like have a chance to sit back and reflect on the fact that you're catching one of, if not the greatest player in the history of the game, like last night in Otani. What's it like catching him now since he's back to being a full time pitcher.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's it's it's fun. Obviously, he's the best player ever. You know, he's super talented, goes out there every day, competes, gives it everything he's got. You just got a good feel for the game last night. We had a good feel what they're trying to do or just counterrating it and he's out there just executing. But uh no, we get along great. It's fun to work with.
Speaker 4: Has he ever opened your eyes to something now that he's pitching, to maybe point out some of the nuances of attacking hitters or the game itself. As far as the dialogue you have with each other, yeah.
Speaker 13: All the time. I think all the pitchers do that. You know. If I see something, I tell them, If they see something, they tell me. And it's just a conversation. You know, what we're seeing, how they're trying to attack us or occasionally aggressive, or where they're looking, you know, whatever they're trying to do. Are they team approach or not a team approach?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 13: So sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes the picture's wrong. Sometimes they're both right or both wrong, and then that's when Mark's got to step in or something. But no, I think I think it's just a conversation.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 13: We trust each other. I think all the pictures pretty much trust me. So it's been good.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks for the time. We'll appreciate it. I'll break the news to you now. I'm staying back from this road trip, so I hope that you're able to navigate life without me.
Speaker 13: I think we'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks a lot, Thanks Will.
Speaker 13: Thanks, there he goes.
Speaker 4: Will Smith has been our guest. He'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. Mother's Day is coming up. You want to make your reservation now at one of the many Capitol Grill locations, especially Burbank. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV Yeah, the Capitol Grill right across the street from us here at the Dodgers Audio Network. As we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday. Up next, we're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Faseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Marlin's on this Wednesday, final game in this series. First pitcher uniclow Field that Dodgers Damy is coming up at twelve ten and.
Speaker 2: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinam we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchup brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Sandy Alcantra on the mound three and two with the three ZH five e Rra, the thirty year old right hander of the Dominican in his eighth full season in the Big leagues after making a few appearances in twenty seventeen and twenty eighteen, then he really burst onto this scene in baseball. He's become one of the best in the major leagues, a two time All Star Cy Young Award winner in twenty twenty two. He missed all twenty twenty five Tommy John surgery, and he came back last year kind of slow played it coming back. He was really dominant though, and back to his old self after the All Star break in thirteen starts, win seven to three with a three thirty three ERA and seventy one strikeouts. Making his seventh start this season last time out six innings, three runs, nine hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Giants. He has gone two to five with a nine to fifty seven ERA and eight career starts against the Dodgers. That's between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty five, fifty seven hits, including eleven home runs. He's given up and struck out thirty nine. He made two starts against the Dodgers in twenty twenty five, his last one May May and twenty twenty five at Lone Depot Park, where he took the loss after allowing five runs on six hits, struck out four over five innings, and works of the Dodgers have been able to touch up Sandy Acontra, but he's been pretty good against Major League Baseball and other starts.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glastau on the mount for the Dodgers. He's been really good this.
Speaker 5: Year, three to zero with a two forty five RO in his third season now with the Dodgers, the thirty two year old right hander making his six start this season. He's already got four quality starts underneath his belt. Again, he's been really good this first month of the season. Last time out, Tyler Glass Now eight shutout innings. He gave him just one hit, struck out nine, walked only one in a win over the.
Speaker 6: Giants in San Francisco last weekend.
Speaker 5: In four career games against the Marlins, Tyler Glass Now was one and one with a four to h three ERA, twenty four strikeouts, five walks. He last faced them in July of twenty twenty three when he was with Tampa.
Speaker 6: He tossed seven innings.
Speaker 5: He allowed one run on two hits and struck out eight and getting the win.
Speaker 6: So it's been three.
Speaker 5: Years since he's seen the Miami Marlins, but he's had success against them. Tyler Glass now and Sandy al contre the pitching matchup. As we lead up to Dodgers at Marlins. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game, our next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Marlin is scoring off one final time. Tyler Glass now on the mountain as we get you ready for the start of the game with a Supporo start. Ah, yeah, great moments. Start with Saporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Toporo has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch to two guys on the call, Tim Neverttrid Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks very much. Beautiful afternoon for a ball game here today. Lots of kids in attendance and should be just a wonderful afternoon for Dodger baseball. It'll be made more wonderful if things come away with a win, get at least one more run than the Marlins, and take the series as it is even at a game of peace. Tyler Glass now three and zero, will get the start. Sandy Alcantra, the veteran right hander three and two for Miami. As far as Glass Now goes, you know, maybe it was the extra weight he put on in the off season. The Dodgers advi him to do that to be more durable. But whatever he's done, including the use of the curve ball, it's been so effective for him so far. He is off to one of his best starts.
Speaker 8: Ever, and the curveball has been used at a high percentage, has been used at a high success rate, And if you're a hitter against Glasnow, you do not want to fall behind in the count. Whin Well, how about an seventy nine batting average against over the first five starts that he's had. But then you look overall, he's allowed just a one forty three batting average to all of the hitters and he's faced so far this season. But you match up that curveball and then that high velocity fastball along with a slider. It has casted some big problems for hitters so far.
Speaker 7: The biggest question for the Marlins is which Sandy al Contra is going to show up today. He's coming off a win against the Giants last Friday. He gave up three runs and six innings and they got the victory in a nine to four win. However, Dodgers Stadium has been an absolute house of horrors for al Contra in his career. He is two and five here with a nine to five to seven EI that includes twelve runs allowed in seven to two thirds innings and two losses last year against the Dodgers. But he has really struggled in this ballpark, and really he can't pinpoint why.
Speaker 8: No, he can't, but he has good stuff. The problem for him has been on the road so far this year, where he's given up a three point fifty eight banning average against versus one forty one at home in the four starts he's at in Miami. But here's the other part too. Once runners get into scoring position, how about a three sixty four batning average against. But the Dodgers have to have better at bats in those spots than they have in the first two games of this series.
Speaker 7: Oh, Tony back in the lineup, leading off. He's hitting ten straight against the Marlins. Marlins and Dodgers. Final game of the three games series this Wednesday, Mattine here at Uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you guys. First pitches. Next, don't forget. David Bass has got all the post game when this one is over, including reaction from the clubhouse, the highlights and Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 6: Enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Tyler Glass on the mound. Next, Dodgers and Marlins wrapping up the home stand. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network