Speaker 1: This is the Boomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW All right time, A checking in with our friend Gina Servetti from the Bloomberg newsroom in New York City. The big consumer products maker Unilever had a strong quarter ahead of Procter and Gamble earnings which are due tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's right, tom, Unilever reported today. Its brands include everything from Dove soap to Briar's ice cream to Hellman's mayonnaise, and third quarter sales rose more than expected, driven in part by strong demand right here in North America.
Speaker 3: As you said.
Speaker 2: Procter and Gamble reports earnings tomorrow, that is, in the morning before the opening bell.
Speaker 1: And of course Procter and Gamble, they're home right here and Centinnati, Ohio. Video game maker Electronic Arts EA as they go by, has a new expanded deal with the National Football League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is an expanded, multi year exclusive deal. The two say it will include new, large scale, interactive evariences for football fans. It'll support new content and experiences in EA sports, college football, and EA. And the NFL said that for the first time, the Medden NFL Championship Series will expand to a global audience, with the first ever competition in Spain to coincide with the Madrid NFL game next month.
Speaker 3: All right, in the futures this morning, Gina Servetti.
Speaker 2: Well, right now, they're a little bit lower. Oil is soaring, by the way, Those stock futures are down moderately, Dow futures down ninety eight, SMP futures down eleven, and the Nasdaq futures down seventy three from Bloomberg. Gena Cervetti on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Yellow Joe Walsh here and the Eagles in the City, and Jeanette Leeby is not old enough to remember Joe Walsh in the Eagles. She's an investigative journalist and hosts for the Law and Crime Network. Has been known for covering very high profile criminal cases through the years. She's also the host of the daily show and podcast Crime Fix. She was emanated a nominated in fact for an Emmy Award for the work she has done there. And we've seen her locally here on Channel twelve through the years. Kind enough to join us today, and Jeanette, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 4: Good morning. I do remember Jay Walsh, but only like you know later later when I was in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 4: To tell too much though, but thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 1: You know, look, you're very active on social media. I've been following you on x for quite some time, and you know, look a lot of times you're covering crime cases and talking about individuals that commit crime. But crime, of course in general has been a huge problem here in Cincinnati for number of years, and especially over the last year. The numbers coming out today thirty percent increase in crime in downtown Cincinnati. And now we have this whole thing between the city manager, the mayor said he had nothing to do with it, and Teresa Fiji, the police chief, who is off the job for the time being. Were you surprised by this move by the city manager?
Speaker 3: Ryl Long?
Speaker 4: You know, I wasn't entirely surprised, because, you know, I think that somebody's head had to roll, and it wasn't going to be the city manager, and it wasn't going to be the mayor. But I think there's more to the story. First of all, I do agree that it doesn't appear they had any real cause to place the chief on Lee's you know, launching an investigation into the effectiveness of her leadership. Sounds like a bunch of you know, cooked up gobbledee goops speak, you know, for launching an investigation. It looks like they're looking for a reason to fire her. You know, it sounds absurd. So I'm not completely surprised. It sounds like the chief was surprised because she, from what we're hearing, she was trying to do things to address the issues about crime and you know, people being released on these low bonds. That's a big part of this issue with the rise in crime in Cincinnati. You have people who do violent things getting out on low bonds when you know they probably should be held pending trial because they are dangerous and have commit violent crimes. Just getting turned out on the streets and they feel emboldened because they don't feel like they're going to be held accountable and they can get away with it, you know, doing things like shooting into shooting into restaurants downtown on Fountain Square. So I I really think that, you know, she probably was trying to do things to make a difference, and she probably her hands were tied in some respects when you go to the mayor and say, hey, can you go over and talk to the judges at the courthouse about this because you know them. And he says no. Now, he denied that, he denied that he was asked to do that. But I think that if you watched that press conference yesterday, you can judge for yourself whether or not you be believe his response. So one person saying one thing, and another is saying, you know another. So he said she said at this point, yeah, if she aspired and she filed a lawsuit, you know, I think a lot of details will come out.
Speaker 1: You know, he made the comment at his press conference yesterday. A couple of things that stood out. Number one, he said, it's going to take months for this investigation to play out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The next thing, though a Jeanette Leevy, I was shocked when I heard this comment. I mean, maybe as shocked as I have been about any comment in any walk of life in my sixty two years on this earth, where he made a comment that at no time, even during an election year or any other time, do politics play a role in any decisions we are making at the mayor's office. I mean, can anybody be expected to believe he is serious when he makes comments like that.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so. I don't believe that he's a political animal. He's a political climber. His whole career has been about politics and getting to the next step. You know, this is somebody who went from being a lawyer, I guess at PNG. Then he blastphemed the scene, you know with duck commercials, you know, or whatever about as tab and you know, cute commercials wanting to be the clerk accords and then launch as a Disastros did for Congress. You know, it was a complete dumpster fire.
Speaker 5: I covered it.
Speaker 4: And then you know, he apparently dreamed of being the first Indian American president. You know, I don't think that's going to happen. That was his dream, and he's the mayor of Cincinnati. I don't It doesn't appear to me he even wants this job. I think he wanted to get an appointment with the Biden administration if Biden were re elected, and we saw what happened there. So I think that he is somebody who is very political. I don't understand what his experience is for this job. And I say that very just sitting back and watching all of this. If you're not covering this on a local news level. I'm sitting back and watching all of this unfold, like, what has his administration accomplished? What are what are the achievements, what are the goals, what are the policies, what are the plans. I don't really see anything of substance.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I've heard from people that he naps on a couch at City Hall in the city Manager's office. So I don't really understand what's going on. I think it's I think it is political, and you know, of course there are issues in this city. There's an issue with violent crime and it needs to be addressed. So address it. Let the cops do their jobs, you know, Let the cops be cops. And when I say that, I do it right, do it the right way, do it in a constitutional and a respectable fashion. But let cops be cops and go out there and police the streets. So I don't know what experience the Sheryl Long has to be, you know, running a city, a city the size of the city of Cincinnati, and I certainly don't understand what experience have to have pur of all has I don't see what makes him qualified to be the mayor of a city.
Speaker 5: The side, like what is he doing?
Speaker 4: Like what are his plans? I see nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm curious. It doesn't matter whether you're a fan of the police chief or not. This is a generic question based on all your experience and covering crime in general. Can we really make an accurate evaluation on a police chief in some of these cities, and we're talking in particular about Cincinnati about how well he or she has done When you're operating with basically two thirds of a deck, you're one hundred and fifty to two hundred police officers, shy of where you think you need to be to preserve public safety. And so therefore, is it fair in any form or fashion to judge anybody on how well they're doing this job or not doing it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I think they are short staff, but they probably can still get the job done, you know. It's I think they can still probably get it done. Yes, of course they're short staff right now. I think they're short a little more than one hundred cops, that's my understanding. But they're really having hard time recruiting cops. And I think that's a problem at police departments, not just in Cincinnati, but across the country and who would want to apply to be a cop at the City of Cincinnati watching off this hot unfold? Why would you want to go? Why would you want to work here? Like, why would you want to work at the City of Cincinnati Police Department when you watch this mass unfold on the news and on social media every day? I mean, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, you know, the the situation moving forward, I was a little I'm not going to say surprised, but but the the the swiftness of it where the Fraternal Order of Police head Ken Kilber comes out and just says, hey, look, it's time to move on.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Do whatever you got to do to take care of Chief Thigi and let's move on. Were you surprised at all by that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I think that he's I think he's represent police officers. It's his job to represent the police officers of the city. And you know, Assistant Chief Honey is one of his members, so he has to kind of rally the troops in some way, shape or form. So I think that he's got to hold his membership together, you know. I mean, he can't be like fighting, you know, against the city about her. So I think, you know, I think that people in the city have a very clear choice when it comes to this election. You know, you know after that's going to get re elected this city way, that's the way that it's But people really need to look at these council members like what have any of them done over the last you know, couple of years, Like who's going to speak for you on council? There's probably like one vote that you can cast, and you don't need to go in there and vote for nine people. You know, Like, I look at it and I'm like, who are these people? What have any of them done? It's really sad. So I think that you need to look at it and say, who is going to speak for me and represent what I care about, what in my values, and catch that vote for that one person. You don't have to go in there and color in a dot for nine people.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: In fact, Christianillerman has said as much. The other day he said, if you like four or five, up and vote four or five, but don't vote for nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's silly. I just I think it's a really sad state of affairs. You know, it's a sad state of affairs, and you know, it just seems like we just need some strong leadership down there and people to ask the tough questions and people with actual ideas and not just stuff you know about cutting ribbons and you know, making cute videos on social media and talk you know, getting little soundbites with platitudes and a lot of nothing and no substance. That's what we've been seeing the last two to four years down there. It's really sad. Say what you will about John Cranley, you know he could. I mean, the guy yelled at me plenty of times, and that's fine. That's like part of the job of being a reporter. You get yelled at, but you know what, the guy needed the tough decisions and you didn't weren't always happy about it, but you know, at least he had some substance, no.
Speaker 3: Question about it.
Speaker 1: Angeanette Leeby, I can't thank you enough for your time, and I'd love to have you back sometime to talk about some of the cases and individuals that you have covered through the years, because you have covered some of the largest, some of the most unbelievable trials in American history when it comes to crime. So thank you for your time and I hope you have a great rest of your Thursday.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Tom, I really appreciate it and I've covered some duties. You're right, but yeah, I'd love to come back. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Love to have you back.
Speaker 1: Angeanette Leevie kind enough to join us a twenty three on seven underd WLW and we check in with our main man, Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, how are we doing, buddy?
Speaker 6: Trying to get better, but there's a couple of new accidents that are keeping things slow in a couple of spots. Is from the uc held Traffic Center Mammograms Saved Lives called five to one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with ucahouse expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink. And at wreck on southbound seventy five Tylersville is over on the left shoulder. Traffic's running heavy from just above one twenty nine. Then you're great through Westchester before slowing again through Lachland eastbound on the lateral, there is a wreck before you get to seventy one. The right lanes block there that's now backing up close to reading northbound four to seventy one is clearing out northbound seventy five Delayed times have dropped under the ten minute mark out of Erlanger into town Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 5: Get to Miami Valley Gaming October twenty fifth for a chance to win a brand new GEP or thirty five thousand in cash.
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one Ohio Problem Gambling hold win one hundred fie grid WLW.
Speaker 2: Tesla reported record sales, but costs are soaring and profits plunged. In the latest quarter, CEO Elon Musk talked up ambitious projects like the humanoid robot and AI programs. He also pleaded with investors to back his trillion dollar pay package, but Musk offered few details about how Tesla will revive its core business of selling electric vehicles. FED officials are no longer receiving data on private sector employment from ADP, adding to their lack of timely economic data mid the ongoing government shutdown. A source tell's Bloomberg that ADP stopped providing the data after in August twenty eighth speech by FED Governor Christopher Waller that referenced the statistics. Oil surged today after the US announced it sanctions on Russia's biggest producers, and on Wall Street stocks pulled back yesterday. Earnings from Texas Instruments and Netflix weighed on the market. Declines ranged from around one half of one percent to almost one percent. From Bloomberg genus Cervetti on news radio seven hundred, doublw.
Speaker 1: Well, when you hear lover boy working for the weekend, even though she's too young to remember this, songe, come.
Speaker 3: On, hikes back for a minute and enjoy it.
Speaker 4: That's you.
Speaker 3: When you go out right, everyone's looking at you. Yeah, right, How you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm very good.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: It's a you know, fall is here, and I know you have lots of great fall like things on tap today. For those that don't know, we're joined by Hey Michelle and you can follow her at Hey Michelle. That's with two l's the number one on Instagram and Hey Michelle on Facebook and we get together every Thursday to talk about, you know, things that are going on over the weekend, and we break it into three categories.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're going out with some buddies, so we'll do it that way. If you're going out with your significant other. We'll do it that way. And then if you've got the kids and you're looking for something to do, we'll do it that way.
Speaker 1: Michelle, Let's start with the kids. Let's go make some memories this weekend. Where are we going?
Speaker 5: Okay, so a lot of Halloween theme things going on this weekend, Boofest. All the YMCA's are not all of them, but a lot of them are participating in fun Halloween parties. To check out the why near you there is day through Saturday. They all have different things going on, mass trick or treating, costumes, games, all the things. Element Eatery this is the one up in Midpace is having a spectacular Saturday event. This is family Fun Saturday four thirty. They have cookie and pumpkin decorating costume contest.
Speaker 1: Now I would imagine that one would be really easy to kind of navigate because they've got a huge parking area over there, right right around Medpace, and so I would imagine that's probably gonna be pretty nice, and it's going to be great weather, yes, and it's perfect.
Speaker 5: They have all the you know, garage doors that go up and kind of make it in and out. That's that's a fun one. I say, take your kids to the Cyclones. I'm so excited that they're back on the ice Friday seven thirty. And this is the Great Pumpkin games that they wear. The jerseys that have the snoopy are the Peanut characters Great Pumpkin, which is fun. Oh, they're doing spooky movies all around town. So this is a good little list. It's the Goosebumps Marathon on Court Street, hocus Pocus at Washington Park, not May on elm Stream at Memorial Hall, Haunted Mansion at im Imagination Alley, and Scooby Doo at Ziggler So all around town, different times depending on your schedule. So check out that list. I'll post all this on my Instagram and Facebook. Oh and the Superhero Comic Expo is here at the Sharonville Convention Center. That's this weekend. You can get autographs, photos, celebritys Friday three to eight, Saturday ten to seven, and Sunday ten to five.
Speaker 3: Okay, all those sound really really good.
Speaker 1: Remind me at the end here today to ask you about a restaurant down there on Court Street that I've heard a lot about.
Speaker 5: I bet I can guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet you can.
Speaker 1: Singles Now for the single crowd, they're looking to hit the town a little bit.
Speaker 3: Where are we heading?
Speaker 5: I've got Okay, this one is I'm projecting for you a little bit. This isn't this weekend, but it's on Wednesday, but I do want to tell you about it because I think it'll be great. It's a fundraiser at Clovernook Country Club and it's Wednesday from six to nine and seven of the area high school football coaches participate in this. And they guess bartend to fill their helmets with tips and there's split the pot and raffles and the proceeds good to Joe Nuxhall's Miracle lead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, great America. It's unbelievable, unbelievable. That's a great Wednesday night at at Clover Country Club.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, anybody's welcome. So that's fun. There is fall Fast Weekend at Washington Park. This is Saturday and Sunday eleven to four. Or they have shopping, live music, free pumpkins, mini train rides, and so much more on that one. That's that's fun. Oh, Run Like Hell is a good one for the singles. This is a night race. This is a five k that benefits Secure starts now and this is at seven o'clock on Saturday. It starts at the banks and they do an after party and you can wear your costume while you're running. I know this is that's a fun one. I love it. The Vintage Market, just grab the girls. This is Friday through Sunday at the Fairgrounds in Zimya. But this is a big one. This is huge, tons of vendors, all kinds of things, home decor, closed, jewelry, all the things. Start your Christmas shopping. Heather McMahon is tonight at the taff Theater. She's hilarious. That would be a good spot for the girls tonight.
Speaker 3: Take Yeah. In fact, that might even be a good one for a date night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be absolutely which.
Speaker 3: Rolls us right into date night ideas from Hey Michelle.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, so catch some ja love jazz. But Cave Von s it's over in Vonna Hills and this place has been around a long time, but they have great live jazz. People ask me about where they can find that all the time, and they've shows most nights during the week. But one of my faves, Ben Levin's Quartet is going to be there Friday night, so that's one to check out. But they always have a good little list of jazz performers all Park Halloween, a brew bash is going on, so get your costumes on. This is Friday six to ten. It's craft beers, dancing to seventies hits, bites from food trucks and all that. And it is a ticketed event, but that's a fun one. Oh. Nate Bargazzi's here this weekend, two nights at Heritage Bank, seven o'clock, both on Saturday and Sunday night. He is hilarious. Do you ever listen to him? You know what? You know what?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't, but I'll take your award for it because I know that you do.
Speaker 5: One of your road trips. You have to put in the job and list. Okay, you see Homecoming? This bearcut loves that Saturday parade at New and Games at four and they are on a roll. So let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are you going down to that? I mean you're a you're an alum.
Speaker 5: I am an alum and I am sad to miss it. I'm going on a little trip with my sisters, so I am going to miss it. And I'm so sad put poor planning on my part.
Speaker 3: Are you going anywhere fun?
Speaker 5: I'm going to Florida. Oh my weatherhead, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not part of Florida.
Speaker 5: We're going to Boca on it. We wanted air quotes in an auction, you know, raton. Yeah, we're doing one night in Miami.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, look South Beach.
Speaker 5: Yes, Bengals game obviously Sunday at one. We'll see what goes on there. That's all that's getting everybody's attention. And then the coffee festivals this weekend. This is really a fun event. This is a coffee lover's dream Saturday and Sunday at Music Hall and they have teas and treats, but they also do a latte throwdown. I was a judge for this one year where they do competition and who's got the best part on their latte and the proceeds going to the Ohio River Foundation. So I love that money. And then there are a couple of last chances. I was going to throw out there for the last chance weekend to see The Wizard of Oz Youth at Children's Theater. You've got to check out that new theater and the production is Fantastic Renaissance Festival last weekend for that and notebook at the air and off. So you wanted to see those this is your last weekend to do this, you know.
Speaker 1: I was starting to read and I only got about a paragraph in and then had to take care of something else. There was a very interesting article about coffee drinking and how they're showing some health benefits to you know, look, when you get up at three o'clock in the morning, okay, you're slugging down that first cup of coffee, maybe the fifth cup of coffee, right, But apparently there's some study and I did not get into the meat of the article, but it talked about, since you brought up the coffee festival, about how if you really take your time on the first cup of coffee and you sip your coffee and not just guzzle it down like I'm prone to do, that there are some significant health benefits to that. I was quite surprised when I just saw the headline. So I'll I'll share that maybe a little. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I found it very interesting and so okay, I always ask you two things before we let you get out of here. Number one, are you going to hit South Beach. I made the joke about South Beach. You said you're going to Miami one night. Where does Hay Michelle go when you go to South Beach? Do you check in with like another hey Michelle of Miami.
Speaker 5: I probably will. I'm always last minute on googling these things, but I have a list for my friend who has a place down there, and she's given me some fun ideas. So I'm sure we're going to just be bopping around.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, yeah, I understand, get people watching that. I understand. I hope you have a great time, be careful. It's generally a pretty safe place, fun place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. And then your next dinner get together.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's November eleventh, and that's a beer pairing of the four course meal at Gilligans in Wyoming and it's with the West Side Brewing. So that's that'll be really fun. This is good, girls and guys. And if TV is everywhere, so there's a game you need to watch on that night, they've got it on the TV for you. It'll be a relaxed one kind of fun. And there's a link or tickets in my bio. Okay, you're gonna ask me about a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I read the other day on the air about how I don't know what the publication was, but they came out with the top fifty best new restaurants in America and the only new restaurant listed in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I think it was called It's not the Court Street Grill?
Speaker 5: Is that it Court Street Kitchen?
Speaker 3: Court Street? How is that place?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 5: My my buddy Brahem he is the owner, okay, and he does a great job. If they do you know, brunch and then they do dinners that are fun. It's a great spot. It's always buzzing in there. It's fun. And they have a little DJ up at the bar sometimes in the evening and it's it's a great spot. They're doing well.
Speaker 3: People are loving it okay, and the food is good.
Speaker 5: Got to get check it out. That's a good date night for you and Polly.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll have to look into that for sure, although I'm not so sure she'd say yes if I asked her, so we would have to see how that goes.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, I mean, you know, I mean we have a twenty fifth wedding anniversary coming up in a weekend.
Speaker 3: I've got to get it together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes you do. Yeah, you better get on that.
Speaker 3: I might be reaching out to you for a little help there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll start thinking for you. Yes, I already have ideas.
Speaker 3: All right. Good.
Speaker 1: You can follow her again on Facebook at Hey Michelle. On Instagram at Hey Michelle, am I C H E L L E the number one on Instagram. I hope you have a great time down in Miami.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. I'm sure we will.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, alrighty Michelle Jones kind enough to join us as she does each and every Thursday.
Speaker 3: Okay, before we get out of here, chuck ingram. Everything moving along by this time, I hope, uh for the most part.
Speaker 6: Yes, good. But seventy five that's a different story. This from the uc Hell Traffic Center Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UCA House Expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink. It's northbound seventy five. Not in northern Kentucky. That's getting better between Buttermilk and Kyle's. But once across the bridge, and again above seventy four, you'll start hitting the brakes. To an accident that is near Town Street. The left lane is blocked off. It's close to an extra half hour to get by it. Southbound seventy five. There's an accident in Tylersville. What's left of that wreck is on the left shoulder. Traffic better from one to twenty nine. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wlw R.
Speaker 1: WCPO nine First Warning four cast. It is chilly out there. We're just breaking the forty degree mark here in the last or so we're getting up to fifty seven under sunny skies today. There is a freeze warning in effect overnight tonight we're down to thirty four, maybe even lower than that in some of the rural areas, mostly sunny. Tomorrow, high fifty eight going to be perfect tomorrow night, but again chili down to thirty eight, and then on Saturday and Sunday we're looking at bright sunshine and temperatures in the low sixties. We thank Danny Gleeson, our outstanding producer, for all his outstanding work, and we always urge you that if you find the time, go to your local animal shelter and bring home a shelter, pet, dog, cat, whatever. There are so many millions out there that are looking for a great home, and I promise you your home will have more love in it. Eight fifty four, seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati. Listening to a hiker in the woods isn't funny.
Speaker 6: Listening to a hiker run for their life after trying to get a Sophie with a grizzly is funny.
Speaker 3: Eddie and Rocky are also funny.
Speaker 6: So when you think of a moron who's about to get mall, think of Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 3: Eddie and Rocky this afternoon at three on seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by All State Wish you could save on Hope