Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plum Square in Westchester, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legendary kicker Jim Breach, the leading scorer in franchise history, and we're breaking down the Bengals thirty seven to fourteen victory over the Arizona Cardinals like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 3: Mike mills Is are awesome.
Speaker 2: On site engineer Liam Tomlinson is producing back in our Kenwood studios Wings, Rings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, Wings and Rings has it all. And Jim and I are here at Beckett Ridge Plum Square in Westchester until eight thirty tonight, and you are invited And if you can't be here in person, please join us by calling five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Or one eight hundred the Big one Breach.
Speaker 2: We know what the naysayers are thinking, that this is another meaningless victory against a bad team, But what it says to me is it's a reminder of what might have been, what could have been, and hopefully what will be in twenty twenty six for the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 4: WHENSDA and I easy to come by, check correct And these last two weeks have been pretty amazing. And yea, yeah, you know, I understand what nay sayers are saying, and I understand the reason behind it. But the growth of the defense over the last several weeks has got to be exciting for fans to see that they're they're getting better and got to be encouraged by that because it's happening. Yes, but did you realize even though okay, they had seven straight losses the Arizona Cardinals, they also had the seventh best passing passing team in the league. McBride is a great player, Wilson is a really nice player. They've got Harrison out on you know house Daves Harrison out there, and yet they threw for just the set through for just over two hundred yards. Their offense has actually played better offensively since he took over. Now, their defense has not played well, So that's why they lost seven in a row. However, ninety two of those came on the last drive with almost all second teamers in and that took him fifteen fifteen plays to get there.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Yes, the Bengals improved to six and ten. It's their second two game winning streak of the season. The first two games of the season were victories and Arizona falls. Wow, three and thirteen, eight straight losses. They've played over eighty players this year, just decimated by injuries.
Speaker 4: And that amazing when it kind of snowballs. So with injuries and it seems like it starts happening and you start losing, and obviously there's more injuries, and it's just it's something you can't you can't, you can't stop, and you hope you can find somebody along the way. Of those eighty players, maybe they found somebody that can help him next year, because right now, obviously I'm in there an eight game losing streak, and it's that fun going to work.
Speaker 2: A little bit of revenge here against Jacoby Brissett because he was the quarterback for the New England Patriots last year in that opening game.
Speaker 3: The Bengals had no business losing.
Speaker 4: Mean that preseason game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, kid, But he's beaten the Bengals a couple times.
Speaker 4: Well, he's played with enough teams, he's had enough opportunity.
Speaker 2: He sure has, he sure has. But we are spoiled by Joe Burrow. There's no doubt about it. Zach Taylor, head coach, talked about it after the game. His ability to diagnose, especially on third down and get the ball to the right player just incredible. Twenty four of thirty one passing three hundred and five yards. He did get Zack three times, but two touchdowns a long game of thirty nine yards to tee a passer.
Speaker 3: Rating of one twenty nine point one. We love Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: He gets everybody today, particularly guy they're they're you know, Chase has sixty yards and that's the most and he goes over three hundred yards. So that's amazing to get that many guys that many yards. But the one thing I was down there, it was so windy. Yes, the goalposts were swaying back and forth. And to throw the ball that as accurately as accurately as he did was amazing because this was a tough day to throw the ball.
Speaker 2: And that was probably one of the reasons why Evan McPherson uh missed a uh missed an extra point.
Speaker 3: Possibly he yanked it left.
Speaker 4: He pulled it, pulled it, yeah, And I think it's because he pulled it, yes, But but the end was a could have been a factor because it really was extremely windy. Uh. And that's throwing the ball. Kicking the ball. Wind is the biggest factor, more so than even the cold.
Speaker 3: And Evin did make a fifty seven.
Speaker 4: He did make a fifty seven yard making it look he's kicked the ball beautifully this year. He's had a really, really great season.
Speaker 3: Just some phenomenal things happen in this game.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase catches two touchdown passes and he reaches the end zone for the first time since October sixteen. Jim, unbelievable. I didn't realize he hadn't seen the end zone in that long. How about Cody Ford. Happy twenty ninth birthday to Cody Ford. He lines up as a full back and a wide receiver. He's a three hundred and fifty pound offensive tackle and guard, and he winds up catching and rumbling twenty one yards. Had set up a touchdown run by Chase Brown. So incredible.
Speaker 4: I was going for he was going for the end zone, Yes.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 4: He would have done anything to get in the end zone.
Speaker 3: He absolutely would have.
Speaker 2: And finally, rookie defensive end Shamar Stewart generates his first sack of the sea. So he lifts his arms to the heavens. It finally happened.
Speaker 4: So just a lot of Miles Murphy. He had a nice stack he did. Yes, Okay, I give a lot of credit to the defensive backfield because a few of those recovered sacks. Yes, but they just kept going, keep going, and keep going, and they kept closing in and finally they came up with the sacks and it was really impressive defense. I mean two our thirty three yards all day too. Phenomenal defensive effort.
Speaker 2: Today, and people are going to want to know, Jim, what's this all about.
Speaker 3: Uh, you want to finish the year strong.
Speaker 2: Like you mentioned, no, victory is easy to come by in the National Football League. The Cleveland Browns come in here next week after upsetting the Pittsburgh Steelers today. Oh, we feel bad about that though, Oh I know, Brown's always played the Steelers tough. And then next week in Pittsburgh the Ravens and the Steelers with a winner take off for the AFC North and a trip to the postseason.
Speaker 4: Yeah. This is the thing that makes it disappointing the way the season is gone. The division was very gettable, The conference is very gettable this year. I think in Jacksonville right now, probably playing as well as anybody. I'm going into Denver last week and putting it on Denver pretty well. So it was it's just not a good season where they we just couldn't get their defense together.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's awesome to be here at Wings and Rings. Beckett Ridge. We're on Plump Square. I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. Jim has his soda and his cell phone. All we need is you at five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the Big One once again live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two, Plump Drive. We are here in Westchester until eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty, listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL Carrier's Chick Ludwig alongside Jim Breach.
Speaker 3: We are live at Wings.
Speaker 2: And Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plumb Square in Westchester. We're here till eight thirty tonight. We really appreciate our server tonight. Macy really taking care of us. And here I keep bugging Jim Breach while he's trying to eat his It looks like an awesome Caesar salad there, Jim.
Speaker 4: It's a Southwest salad.
Speaker 2: Southwest salad, all right, fantastic with to be specific with potato wedges. Oh yeah, fantastic, really good guys, I got.
Speaker 3: Friends here tonight.
Speaker 2: Outstanding Susan Richardson, Nancy Christophoe and her daughter Man fantastic. Appreciate everybody coming out. And we've got Pat in Redding. Pat, you've got to lead us off again.
Speaker 3: Bring it to a.
Speaker 4: Strong Pat All.
Speaker 5: Well, Look, it was great to have He's in a row where you could actually relax in the fourth quarter. It's been an awfu way long time. The offense played great, the defense was very good. Now you look back at the Jets, Bear, New England and Buffalo games, especially the Jets and the Bears, and you wonder.
Speaker 6: What the season would have been like if we had.
Speaker 5: Only an average defense. Now you're gonna call me home fayer, You're gonna call me an a sayer. But if we have this good ending and Mike Brown has another excuse to do nothing about the coaching or the drafting, you know, and if you want to call me an a sayer, I'm going to ask you to want both Zach and Duke Cobn back in charge of the Bengals next year.
Speaker 2: Jim, I don't see any changes in the coaching staff. I really don't, at least Zach Taylor. Okay, there might be an assistant move on whatever, But I see the defensive coordinator and the offensive coordinator both coming back here next year. This club needs more protection for Joe Burrow Orlando Brown. I believe the left offensive tackle has one year left.
Speaker 3: You could look at.
Speaker 2: That position and we can't be naive enough to think just because we've seen some defensive improvement that that unit is going to be okay.
Speaker 3: No, it needs an overhaul.
Speaker 2: You need defensive linemen, you need linebackers, and you need safeties and corners. You can't have enough of defense. They're going to add to that unit. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Jim Breach.
Speaker 4: True, you know, I think particularly the defensive line, if you can if you can get penetration, if you can get up the field, getting quarterbacks faces, it makes the linebackers, defensive backs their their job becomes much easier in terms of trying to cover somebody, how quickly the ball comes out, all those things. But over the last several games, yes, they have improved dramatically, and there's some people playing really well. DJ Turner dex Hill has come on, played really well. Jayalen Davis going into the slot has played really well. Jordan Battle has played well. Gino Stone did another one of those houdinny things on Wilson down the sideline and completely whipped on the guy. The same thing he did the Lovelin and the Bear game. Now, you can't tell me they're not in the locker room the what IFFs. I guarantee you there. And they're thinking, oh my gosh, that's the you know, the Bears those games, I mean, we'd have a shot and the other I mean, it's it's frustrating to have things like that happen in games you have under control. And Baltimore, I mean Buffalo, they're up double digits at all three of those games in the fourth quarter and that is unbelievably frustrating. They had the same problem last year. It has improved. It has improved, Miles Murphy has improved. Yes, they need some help in the middle of the defense. In that you know, Slayton did a nice job today. He had a sack. You've got to control that middle. If you can control that medal, it can help these young guy, the guys on the outside get up the field. And yeah, they can't. They can't sit on their hands and whether yeah, I think they gotta make a decision with is Duke Tobin the guy, and I give him some credit on the If you look back to the twenty twenty three draft, Miles Murphy now is coming on. DJ Turner was in that draft. There's some there's some good players that came out of that draft that they could build on. But for the most part the last several years, the drafts have not been great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we understand it.
Speaker 5: I asked you a question about a meaningful game this week, which is Ohio STATEOT.
Speaker 2: I'm worried as an Ohio State Buckeye fan. They are a notoriously slow starting team. Teams have even though they've got a great defense, teams have run on them, including Michigan early in that game. Miami's got a lightning quick defensive line and the turning The biggest question in that game is Ohio State's offensive line.
Speaker 3: If they can hold up and protect.
Speaker 2: Julian Saying and create running space for Bo Jackson and their young running backs, I'll feel good. But the defensive ends Ruben Bain Junior and Akeem Mesador are are awesome, and Miami's playing with house mind. They're playing with house money. No one expected them to be here. Ohio State, the pressures on the Buckeyes, so nothing will shock me. I'm stunned that it's a nine and a half point Ohio State favored by I'm just stunned by that.
Speaker 5: Are they going to do anything to change the fact that they have to wait so long to play their first playoff game?
Speaker 6: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it seems like forever.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just like if you we're playing in the rose ball, you would have that time off.
Speaker 3: So it is a good couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: And it's not like the first time they've ever had to do it. That's right, if you only did it for the first time trying to figure out what to do during that period.
Speaker 2: Pat, I hope you'll continue to listen because before we're off the air tonight, we Jim Breach and I are going to discuss the NFL versus the college football with viewership on TV. We're going to talk about that because yeah, yes, something has to something needs to change. It really does, because the NFL is going to steamroll you no matter who you are on television. So we're going to talk about that before we get off the air today. But thank you so much, Pat, all right, appreciate it, and do we have Bryson and Anderson. Yes you do, all right, Bryson, the next, the next, Lance McAllister right here, Bryceon.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you. And a lot of fans they've been saying, oh, it's it's just the Cardinals are a horrible team.
Speaker 7: But they did a lot of things right.
Speaker 5: Even if the Cardinals didn't have guys like Kyler Murray or Trade Benson. But in any league alone, Lettle of the NFL, will win is a win and it's toughly gonna win in the NFL. They made the Cardinals one dimensional.
Speaker 8: The big screw was actually cooking with Jamar and they were getting open in space.
Speaker 2: And when you can run the ball like Chase Brown did today, run and catch the ball, Wow, it just makes a quarterbacks job much easier when you're when you're running the ball.
Speaker 4: I would say the Cardinals offense is better with Jakobe Burssett running it than with Kyler Murray. Their offense has been much better after Murray went out, and he has struggled the last several years. He has he has moments right, and the guys i't believe he's incredibly talented. But Brissett runs the offense the way it was intended to be run and they've over up until this week, really moved the ball through the through the air. They've thrown the ball really well. The Bengals just shut him down in all phases today.
Speaker 2: There were Buckeyes all over that field for the Arizona Cardinals. I was kind of found myself kind of pulling for him. Cody Simon was was incredible. And uh, hey, Marvin Harrison Junior has been fighting with a heel injury. He's just a shell of himself right now.
Speaker 4: So you're a wide receiver and your feet hurt. Oh, that's trouble.
Speaker 2: It's real, it really is, all right, Bryce, and I want to wish you and your family a very happy New Year you j J.
Speaker 4: Thanks Bryson, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: And we've got time to go down to beautiful Central Kentucky to Lexington.
Speaker 4: Is this Tiffany?
Speaker 9: Hey Tiffany, Hello, Hello, long time day nights older and a listener, so.
Speaker 8: Thank you for taking my call. By I do have a question with our young guys that seem to have come up a little bit with the defense. They're getting better. What do you do with Trey Henderson? Now that's my question, what do you do with Tray.
Speaker 2: You know, I would offer him a contract, but nothing nowhere near what he made this year. He fleeced him for thirteen more million dollars to what twenty nine million? Okay, So I would offer him ten or eleven million and take it or leave it someone else.
Speaker 3: Let someone else pay you.
Speaker 2: So he's working right now on getting healthy for his next contract. He's out for the rest of the year with a variety of injuries.
Speaker 4: But all right, that's going to be the difficult part. Are these guys on the outside Osai, who's out, Miles Murphy, Cedric sat Cam sample. Have those guys make made enough of a jump that you can discount what Trey Hendricks it brings to the table. You know, Trey goes through, he gets hurt. TJ. Watt goes to the same thing. He gets he gets a nice, a great contract, and he gets hurt. And they're both in their early thirties. How does that look? How is that viewed? Trey hasn't really he's played over the years he's been out there. Uh, this was an injury that obviously it just wouldn't heal. But that's good. That's gonna be the biggest decision defensively because that frees up if he doesn't come back, that freezes a lot of money. What do you do with that money?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you you get it? I think you have to do something with DJ Turner before it gets too expensive. You know, some of these young guys that are showing that they can really play, don't wait until they hit their their last year and don't pay them like changing all these other guys. They wait and wait and wait, and then they get more and more expensive. Get them while they're they're cheaper, and that we can free up money for a free agent, couple of free agencies. You know, guys in free agency, it's that's always the tough part.
Speaker 2: Of it is a tough decision here that they're gonna have to make. I I believe they will offer a great uh a contract. It's not going to be a three or a four year deal, maybe a two.
Speaker 8: But what a frankchiz tag?
Speaker 5: Could I do it for you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll address that, Tiffany when we come back. We've reached the top of the hour break. He's Jim breached. This is Chick Ludwig. We are live at Wings and Rings Beckett Ridge, and you're listening to the Tri Stage Chevy Dealers post game sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pello Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Shelvin five one three five one three, Toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post games sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plum Square in Westchester.
Speaker 3: He's Jim breached. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: We're breaking down the Bengals thirty seven to fourteen victory over the Arizona Cardinals like a wrecking ball Jim. Last week it was forty five to twenty one over the Miami Dolphins. This week thirty seven to fourteen. Man with this offense is click and it is special.
Speaker 4: It really is. It's as good as there is in the league. And lately it's really think about him off again, shut out, correct and then done pretty well since the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 4: It just shows that the team you do play doesn't matter who your opponent.
Speaker 3: Is, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: And let's review the delivery of the game brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider. How about Joe Burrow's thirteen yard pass to Jamar Chase to get the Bengals on the board at the nine to seventeen mark of the first quarter.
Speaker 3: It was just amazing. Uh, Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Stiff arms the guy, breaks the tackle near the sideline, then he breaks another tackle, spins, dives into the end zone just and then he folds his hands in prayer to a higher power. He finally got into the end zone for the first time since October sixteenth, So that.
Speaker 3: Is the delivery of the game. It was just a phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Pass and catch and uh, what a route to get into that engine.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable. And he became the first player in NFL history with eighty catches, one thousand yards and seven touchdowns in their first five seasons. Just uh, every time you catch a touchdown pass or adds to a reception, and he's putting a record on the boards, you know, and there yardage is only short of Justin Jefferson, but he's been closing the gap each year. Former teammate of his a l You think they were pretty good with a decent quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Joe Burrow and the cigar at the Superdome. Wow, Hey, let's go back out to the phones. Do we have Rick and Alexandria? And how about Brandon in Indianapolis? Our good friend Brandon.
Speaker 10: Hey, chik, Jim, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: Fantastic? And Brandon? Happy New Year.
Speaker 10: Happ happening year to you guys too. You know you guys were talking about earlier. You know how the NFL has been a steamroll college football. It's like the NDA was on Christmas too, And I know those were some lousy NFL games. I don't know, they turned out pretty good, but I mean, I don't. I just love the NFL.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 10: I know, you guys to it over any of them because it's once a week. It's just it's just wonderful, you know. I just I think I think I'm interested to shoot here what you guys have to say later about that, because you know, okay.
Speaker 3: Can it's more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's once a week for a team, but it's twice twice a week for some teams. And uh, the NFL wants to play every night of the week.
Speaker 4: So baseball basketball are fairly regional. Your team is in your locale, you know, the Reds are big here. The NFL is national. Every it seems like everybody is part of it.
Speaker 3: Internet.
Speaker 4: Yes, last year of the top one hundred programs ratings wise, ninety three were NFL football games. Yeah, ninety three of the top one hundred.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, the sponsor, the uh, the advertising, it's just uh, it's a monster.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, it really is.
Speaker 10: It's just it's just hard to you know, it's just hard to overcome it. But you know, and I know you were talking about this to Jim, and we talked about last week about Burrough playing, and I'm glad they're doing well and I and I understand what you guys are saying, but darn, I mean, we're talking about games that don't mean anything, and I but I know it's nice to win them. And but I'm just afraid.
Speaker 12: I know Mike Browning.
Speaker 10: Company doesn't make changes very easily, So I'm.
Speaker 13: Kind of afraid.
Speaker 10: You're probably right, chick, that Zach's gonna stay next year. But I just think you still got to, girlie, and I know you guys do because you were talking about it.
Speaker 11: They still got to make some changes.
Speaker 10: They still got to make changes, and I hope, I just hope they'll say, well, we want our.
Speaker 4: Last three games wide.
Speaker 10: We can do this, you know, no, no, no, no, no, you got to make sure.
Speaker 2: Branded, all bets are off, all bets are off.
Speaker 3: If they start slow next.
Speaker 2: Year, it will be absolute armageddon in Cincinnati. There will be a house cleaning if they start slow next year.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that happens. Ever happened in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: What that's what's upset Joe you with his talent and his success in his career, to go three consecutive years without the playoffs?
Speaker 3: You tell me he's not frustrated.
Speaker 2: And if there would be a four straight year, oh, it's gonna get ugly.
Speaker 4: However, you have.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I was just gonna say, and you know, Jim, because I remember I was talking to you about you know, I don't understand why they're playing him, and you're right, he wants to play and he should. I mean, injuries can happen anytime. But I just I mean, I'm I were winning, but it's you know that I sit and think to myself, It's like, but does this mean that Katie and the guys involved are I'm not going to make changes.
Speaker 14: I mean probably not.
Speaker 10: I just think that after a while, the coaches and stuff.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like, you.
Speaker 10: Know, if a marriage doesn't work out anymore, it's just got us to say this isn't working.
Speaker 13: We need a new voice.
Speaker 10: I'm not saying it's all VA's fault.
Speaker 15: I think some of it.
Speaker 10: Is, but but they haven't drafted right in a few years, I don't think, and it is some things we could just they just need to make changes.
Speaker 4: On my thoughts, well, I don't continuity is a big deal, and this offense runs at a pretty high level. And I don't know, why do you want to get rid of Zac And now you're going to start over with the brand new offense that everybody has to learn. When you have one of the best going, the guy guys play for him. However, they have not done a good job of finding the talent. And it's harder now with having to pay Burrow, pay Chase, pay Higgins, you paid Hendrickson, you paid just Sicky. He had all these guys on offense except for Hendon, and we don't know what's gonna happen with Hendrickson. So now you have to do a phenomenal job of drafting. On the defensive side. DJ Turror looks like a really good player, Dax Hill is really coming on, Battles coming on Miles Murphy possibly. But every draft you're going to have to hit on those young guys on defense. And if you miss in a couple drafts, which they have previously, sets you back, sets you back big time, and you end up with the defense it really struggles. And I don't know that changing the defensive coaching makes any sense either, because they seem to finally getting a feel for what they're doing on the defensive side. You do you start it all over again and go through a half season of them starting to figure it out again.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate the call as always, Thank you so much. Happy New Year to Brandon. Hey, we've got to take a break. We'll come back with more. He's Jim Breach. This is Chick Ludwig. You are listening to the Trice Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig. I'm alongside Jim Breach. We are live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plumb Square in Westchester. We're here till eight thirty tonight, and we appreciate all the callers and all the folks here in attendance. Let's go out to the phones as we continue to discuss the bengals thirty seven to fourteen victory over the Arizona Cardinals today Matt in Springfield, Matt, how are.
Speaker 3: You, hey?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 13: As always?
Speaker 3: Chick all right, Matt Hey, Matt Hey, yeah.
Speaker 16: Good talk YouTube Jim, Yeah, man, that's a good one today. You know, the defense has actually been stepping up for you know, since what the still has Jim that one last st game, that defensive showed improvement. So you know, maybe that's something to build on for the next season. You know, hopefully we can get back to things because I mean, I mean this team is five and two with Burrow starting, So what could have been?
Speaker 4: You know, if Burrow did not.
Speaker 16: Get hurt, especially with how bad the AFT Mors looks this year. I mean the BFC North A nine and eighteen is gonna win the division. So I mean, again, what could have been if you know, Burrow was healthy. It just this sucks. This this season was the Bengals for the taking, and it just what could have been? Man, they look unstoppable when they're all healthy. You cannot stop that three yoh Man, t Jamala and Burrow Man when they're firing.
Speaker 11: On all cylinders.
Speaker 4: It really is a thing to well.
Speaker 2: When we go back, yeah, we go back to the Jets and the Bears games coming off a big win over Pittsburgh, you know on a Thursday night, and those two games that just killed this club.
Speaker 4: And the Buffalo game, yes, when they were starting to play better defensively, Josh Allen just tore him up.
Speaker 3: He did, yes.
Speaker 4: Again in both in all three of those games, gave up fourth quarter leads. And that's that's the one thing you have to be able to close it out. I'm as we're sitting here, I was watching a little bit of Philadelphia's defensive line. Oh my gosh, they're harassing Josh Allen every time he throws. And again, if you get in the quarterback, I don't care who the quarterback is. If you're pushing, if you're getting back into his face and he can't step up into his throws, he becomes average Joe at that point.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's right.
Speaker 2: And we saw back to back sacks against Joe Burrow today on their gosh, get him blocked, run the football and stop the rush.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of, yes, yes.
Speaker 11: All right, I'll be done. Then I said, who there, guys, all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks so much of Jim. Jim reach right here is correct.
Speaker 2: You look at Philadelphia, wave after wave of great players up front.
Speaker 4: And that's I wasn't talking necessarily what the other team did. They You can't neutralize the quarterback, right. What I'm saying is they typically bring it, and by bringing it, they're up, they're up the field, and they're making it hard on every quarterback to throw the ball successfully. Especially their defense is getting healthier there. And you know, you see that and you think you see what's possible.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, hey, let us get a push. Is George in Green Hills with us?
Speaker 15: What's up?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: G oh hey, George lay it on us?
Speaker 15: Whod okay guys?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 15: Well, First of all, guys, great team win today. So much fun to see them all clicking at the same time. But I am so excited. I am so excited for next year. Defensively, I think we need to resign right now that Toil Turner, Battle Dixon. Get those guys all resigned, and let's draft defensive linemen, rush ends, and let's go get a veteran stud linebacker. Offensively, let's get one good veteran tackle and let's go win a Super Bowl next year.
Speaker 3: I like that formula.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure you meant by Dixon. Yeah who uh uh, But yeah, to your point, I I kind of agree, get out ahead of it.
Speaker 15: So money, Chase Brown, we got to resign Chase right now as well.
Speaker 3: Chase Brown, what a what a great pick he was, absolutely.
Speaker 4: But but if you can get these guys early, you free up money to go do things like pick up guys up of free agency.
Speaker 2: And I just got a feeling the money that they've thrown at Trey Hendry this year, it's going to go elsewhere next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Go, I don't even resign trades. Get him out of here. Trade's done, he's builking the injury. Get him out. We don't want him to let him go. Use the money, and let's go get some guys that want to be here and play football. The lady said, tag them. We're not taking him at thirty something million.
Speaker 4: Let him go.
Speaker 15: He's too old, all right. Kim Breach is still the greatest kicker and Bengalo's history.
Speaker 3: Baby, love you guys, thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I disagree with George that he was milking his injury. If there's anybody that wants to be out there playing, its Trey Hendrickson and and so often I hear that when a guy can't get on the field. They said that about aj Green and his foot injury, and sometimes there's injuries. He just can't overcome that easily. And I wish you understand how competitive guys are and the last thing they want to be doing is sitting on the bench. Now, there are times when they're angry about something. I guess that's the possibility, but it's very rare that I've ever seen anything like that in Cincinnati. I mean, guys want to. Guys want to. You played the game because you love to play the game. You played the game when you were a kid. You play you can they pay you now, yes, but you still love the game. You still love playing the game.
Speaker 2: All alpha males, they want to be out there. Hey do we have Kevin in Westwood?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, how are you doing?
Speaker 13: You get y'all good?
Speaker 3: It was like, let me get you on your mind.
Speaker 15: So first off, I'm I'm you.
Speaker 13: Know, hey, listen.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 17: The Bengals basically get away with right this the leadership on the team when they got rid.
Speaker 11: Of all the veterans that were played.
Speaker 17: You got to give guys a chance to get some chemistry these guys are starting to jail. You do need those other veterans to come in now. And you know, we need to use our opportunity to bring in some veter games so we have some actual leadership.
Speaker 11: On this here. I'm talking defense.
Speaker 6: It's not offense, as Zach put together a heck of offense period.
Speaker 17: No one can say that Zach did not put together a great team. Our draft picks have been good. They just need time to development. That's happening. This thing about disbanding everybody, and I didn't feel like this four weeks ago, right, I feel like this four weeks ago, But I do feel like this now. Things are starting to come together now. It's not the time to disband things. Lastly, the last thing I'm gonna say, man, is when you know, when when people talk about becoming bangalized and.
Speaker 15: Things like that, we're always on the threshold of being great.
Speaker 17: I don't know any team out here that could have that number one quarterback not be available for the field. Bring somebody from.
Speaker 3: A whole other team who has never.
Speaker 17: Played with this squad and at least have the performance that.
Speaker 11: We've had up to this point. Lend you with that two day, all day and fall there is to us.
Speaker 2: All right, Kevin, we'll address all this when we come back. We've reached the bottom of the hour break. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk with Jim Breach and Chick Ludwig. We're presented by RNL Carriers. We are live at the Wings and Rings Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plum Square in Westchester till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You are listening to the Tri States Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk, presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 3: He's Jim Breach, this is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: We're live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plum Square in Westchester till eight thirty tonight.
Speaker 3: And I hope it's okay if I say.
Speaker 2: We're celebrating the bengals thirty seven to fourteenth victory over the Arizona Cardinals, a two game winning streak for the second time this year. Jim, can you remember the first one? That was against Cleveland and Jacksonville to start the season.
Speaker 4: Jacksonville turned out to be pretty good, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they sure did.
Speaker 2: Wow, we put a blemish on their schedule, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Briving stepped up big in that game.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all the callers, Dick and Dayton, Richard.
Speaker 3: What's happening? He dropped? Okay, Donald in Mainville? Are you there?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm here all right? Donald.
Speaker 13: Hey, I just want to say that I appreciate you guys show each and every week at the game.
Speaker 4: Is uh.
Speaker 13: I do look forward to every time on the Bengal's place.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that we are your guilty pleasure, your guilty pleasure.
Speaker 18: Thank you also too. One thing, I want to make a couple of comments. You know, it was great to see that, you know, the team have fun and when today. It was good to see that because that's kind of teaming are. But you know what, we cannot bring it back. J It's stone on that defense. Those two have to be eliminated from that defense. They're not doing anything to help the young group out at all. They actually make it.
Speaker 2: They're gonna look for safeties. They're gonna look for a safety or two. We we know that for next year.
Speaker 4: They obviously have to make decisions on the defensive side of the ball. There's no doubt about that. And Gino Stone out in space. I mean, his tackling is just horrendous and huge play.
Speaker 13: It's like, you know, Pulp Warner, I mean, what the heck, you'll keep your head up, hop you get your head across. What the heck? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think sometimes there are business decisions and if you if you notice that, it's usually a bigger guy and.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean a shoulder against Michael Wilson.
Speaker 4: It was a big guy. He's about two fifteen.
Speaker 3: It's not enough to get him out of bounce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he barely scraped him.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And he's behind him. And he did the exact same things to Loveland on that play with the Bears where he went to hit him and he just barely scrapes by a guy's just standing there. I mean, the.
Speaker 13: Good job. It would be a big balls books.
Speaker 3: I agree. Oh, I'd love to have back.
Speaker 4: What do you what would you think about Flacco starting the Cleveland game, started the Cleveland game for Cleveland, starts at the Cleveland game for Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: That would be awesome. Other than I think you'll get some time. I don't see him starting.
Speaker 4: I just thought that would be fun.
Speaker 2: It would be awesome, It really would. Hey, uh, Donald, appreciate the call. Richard is back. Richard is back from Dayton. Hi Richard.
Speaker 4: Hey chik, that's Richard.
Speaker 3: Thanks for calling back.
Speaker 7: I just want to say something. Joe Burrow comes back in two weeks lightens up the sky. I mean it looks he is a hero for that team. And the defense just coming back too. I think you know, but it was Chase Brown.
Speaker 2: Chase Brown talked about it after the game. Having Joe Burrow on the field just gives a whole gives energy to this entire team, and it just GI's some confidence.
Speaker 4: I agree. And they played games two teams they're not very good, and with the last good team they played, what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got to shut out by the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 4: So I mean it's it's the offense is great, has the potential to consistently be great. But that same offense without T Higgins. But they won a lot of games without Tea or you know, te playing and Jamar or not. They still won football games. But they've never been shut out. So no, Yeah, I'm excited to see what.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Check it?
Speaker 2: Guys. All right, tick, thank you, You're welcome, all right, appreciate it. Happy New Year. Do we have John in Florida?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: You do.
Speaker 19: You had me last week and then you hung up on me, So are you gonna stick with.
Speaker 4: Me this week? Hey?
Speaker 2: Well we'll stick with you John. I didn't realize that. Okay, all right, what is on your mind?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 19: I was discussing about how we have half a billion dollars in assets that shouldn't be on the field right now, and you know, we we might have a chance next year, but I think Falco should be starting, and we sit all of our guys. We've we've gone from a seven to nine draft pick to a ten third team draft pick with these two wins. And the only person that's really happy about that is Mike Brown because it saves him millions of dollars.
Speaker 15: Can you argue that point with me?
Speaker 19: Or am I right? I?
Speaker 4: At some point winning becomes Mike wants to win. He does want to win. Uh you you make a.
Speaker 3: From a fans stand point.
Speaker 4: Fans, you know I remember the game, but I'm playing my Wait what what what I do?
Speaker 19: Remember the game against What are we gaining with this win?
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, you're looking at from a fans perspective, you're looking at from a perspective.
Speaker 19: Of lots of money on this, But I'm looking at it as a fans perspective.
Speaker 2: Okay, this club is evaluating, trying to find out who can help them win next year.
Speaker 3: They're not going to lay down.
Speaker 4: Out this point is why.
Speaker 19: We have. We have some defensive guys that have been making some great plays here lately.
Speaker 15: But I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Head coach cannot tell the team. The head coach cannot tell the team to relax, lay down, let's lose so we could get a higher draft pick.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Well, no, nobody does.
Speaker 19: But nobody makes any sense that we're risking a half a billion dollars in assets to get to that point when when winning right now means nothing other than a worse draft pick.
Speaker 4: As in Max, it's kind of aggravating me. Well, I think the thing is guys are getting paid to play football. It's not up to them.
Speaker 19: Yeah, very and paid, and you know market like more touchdowns? He gets like what three more million dollars stacked onto his thing.
Speaker 4: No, idea. I have no idea.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they can afford individual accolades where they need to make their own money, and I'm cool with that. But if we're going to talk about a team that we want to love and that we need to have, it doesn't make any sense risking half a billion dollars and and an investment and we have literally no defense, and all of a sudden, these guys and you know what, I'm happy with the defense. I'm happy with these guys, these young guys that are coming up and out of the practice squad and and showing up and making place that exciting.
Speaker 2: So John, what do you want? What do you want to see?
Speaker 14: You want I want to I want to see our team.
Speaker 2: You want to see a trap pick? You want to see them lose? Is that correct?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: He wants to chase Higgins and Burrow to sit on the bench so you don't ever saw you don't expose them and then see what happens. And if they lose, then their draft pick maintains wherever it's going to be. And if they win, okay, they won with without those guys.
Speaker 19: But but here's another thing. So, like with Trey Hendrickson last you know, at the beginning of the season. When he sits out, you know what, I wouldn't have paid him. I just like, just sit out, just sit out, just stay you're not getting paid. I'm done with these guys doing all this contract prap because you know, I make thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: Ann John, and if I want.
Speaker 14: Tomorrow chick hang on.
Speaker 19: And if I walk into my boss tomorrow and go, you know what, I'm not showing up for work tomorrow unless you pay me forty a outs. Do you know what he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Fail me show you the door. I can find somebody.
Speaker 2: At twenty five, Trey Hendrickson was going to make sixteen million.
Speaker 20: I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I'm Trey hendricks was due to make sixteen this year. Okay, he said he would sit out if they he didn't get a raise.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Bengals he gave.
Speaker 2: They had to give him thirteen more million dollars.
Speaker 3: John, We're gonna wind up hanging up on you again.
Speaker 2: The Bengals had to give him thirteen more million dollars because we're travels fast in the NFL that the Bengals are cheap, they're not paying their players. Nobody will want to come here, so they had to cough up thirteen more million dollars give him twenty nine to uh to face up. So with that, let's take a break. Thank you very much for the call. We're taking a break. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dear's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLU ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three top h Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now postgames sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by Rnel Carriers. We are live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plum Square in Westchester.
Speaker 3: This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: I'm alongside Bengals legendary kicker Jim Breach, the leading scorer in Bengals franchise history, and we're breaking down the bengals thirty seven to fourteen victory over the Arizona Cardinals like a wrecking ball. Mike mills Is are awesome on site engineer Liam Tomlinson producing back in our Kenwood studios.
Speaker 3: We love it at Wings and Rings, Wings Rings.
Speaker 2: Burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. Wings and Rings has it all and we are here at Beckett Ridge until eight thirty tonight. And if you can't be here in person, give us a call at five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred the Big One. And just a reminder that postgame sports Talk is brought to you by m P Logistics. From first down to final mile. MMP delivers you can depend on it.
Speaker 3: And Jim.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's highlight the drive of the game, brought to you by the BMW Store. They're over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion loves Company.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I love the second touchdown drive for the Bengals and twelve plays seventy nine yards and loved it when Cody Ford three hundred and fifty pounds offensive linemen lined up at full back and paved the way for samajp rn a one yard slam into the end zone. And during the broadcast, Dan Horde, the voice of the Bengals, called it the Cincinnati Zoo because there were seven offensive linemen and it measures two ninety eight pounds up front blocking for samaj ap Ryan.
Speaker 3: That was awesome. Worked, it really really worked.
Speaker 2: And when that play happened on there, why don't they use a big offensive lineman more as a full back. We saw Sam Hubbard do it at Ohio State. He did it a few times, I think with the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Doomatop Echo domat several times. Yes, So you know, the only thing is those guys are running in there if if there's an adjustment that they have to adjust while they're going that the linebacker doesn't hit the guy doesn't come up exactly where you're expecting. Yes, adjusting on the run at three hundred and something pounds can can be a little bit difficult at times. Yes, they got to It takes a while for them to move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if there's a flinch then you're five yards back.
Speaker 3: We've seen that a couple of times this year too.
Speaker 4: But it was effective. It can be effective, but you get all that weight.
Speaker 2: Behind going absolutely and but yeah, Ryan closing out a twelve place, seventy nine yard drive to me, that was That was awesome.
Speaker 3: And Joe burrow Man.
Speaker 2: Talking about using all of his weapons and spreading the ball out to all of his playmakers.
Speaker 3: It was fun to watch.
Speaker 4: So one hundred and thirty yards to Chase and Tee and three hundred and five yards passing, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. You know that most teams have two wide receivers like the Bengals have, they're gonna be getting seventy eighty percent of the yardage, and these guys got a small percentage.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase seven catches, sixty yards, two touchdowns, t four catches fifty nine yards a long gain of thirty nine. Andre Josvash four catches for forty one yards, Chase Brown coming out of the backfield, three catches for forty yards, Mike Caseeki two catches for forty seven yards, including a thirty two yarder, two catches for Tanner Hudson thirty one yards, and one catch to Cody Ford on his twenty ninth birthday rumbling, stumbling and bumbling down the right sideline for twenty one yards.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 4: He looked like he'd done it before then he really did. He wanted that end zone. He wanted that end zone. Bad.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Hey, you appreciate all of our callers. Do we have Jack in Centerville?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Just me Green?
Speaker 4: Next Jack?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: With regard to the draft, you had just win your last three games. And if you feel the need, uh, great.
Speaker 21: Up, great up, get get downs or reef or Jackson from Ohio State. Other reasons to look positively toward next year. Hey, the schedule the should be favorable. The dynamics and rosters change between now and next September. But in the AFC you avoid Buffalo and New England. In the West, you avoid the Chargers in Denver. The seventeenth add on game is Washington The Texans are away that might be the only non division game and you're a non favorite. You've got Jacksonville and Champa both at home. Love the schedule, Thanks so much for letting me in, all right.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: The problem with that is there are what four teams that won eleven games this year that are leading their divisions, so you just now from year to year it changes.
Speaker 3: But they lost at least eleven last year, they lost.
Speaker 4: At least eleven. I'm sorry. Yes, And let's see Jacksonville's joint team to ever have with four wins of previous year to go to twelve wins this year, so you never know. And the Bengals, and why can't the Bengals be one of those teams, you know, have double digit losses and turn it around. They're very capable, certainly offensively, and again we've discussing the defense. They have to again, they've got to make some good choices in the draft. They have to continue to develop the guys, which seems to be happening. This is probably as good a stretch of young guys really playing well. And then they have to get some free agents that can impact them, particularly in the defensive line.
Speaker 3: Getting a push you're so right, Jim, You're so right.
Speaker 2: Istant pressure on a quarterback eases the pressure on the secondary.
Speaker 3: You don't have to cover as long.
Speaker 4: Even today. I mean, they had four sacks, but nobody got there quickly. They had they coverge secks. These guys did a great job. And the guys just kept going, going, going, and eventually got the uh got the sacks. But every once in a while, you know, Hendrick, that's where Trey comes in, where he can beat a guy quickly and get around the corner and impact the quarterback. And that quarterback's on the blind side, and he's got to worry about that. And right now, I don't think they're too concerned. But four sacks and four sacks, so it worked.
Speaker 3: Hey do we have Sean and Clifton?
Speaker 13: We do?
Speaker 4: Indeed?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 14: Shot, Hey mister throw uh wow? Did you bring you too good to talk to you?
Speaker 22: You got me?
Speaker 14: You got me?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I appreciate you.
Speaker 22: Okay, okay, it's a true story. If I could, I know it's it's becoming almost a third rail, but.
Speaker 13: Your earlier collar, John.
Speaker 22: If I could, I think it's a head and heart type of situation. And I love your perspective on it, uh and just for brief my resume perspective. My father has worked for the Bengals and Reds for the last fifty years. My brother Kasey and I were at the Froze Bool. So there's no question with every ounce of our being, we want the Bengals to win, period. We want every play to be a positive play the Bengals, period.
Speaker 23: And yet that's the heart the head says, if they don't pull out the victory, they get a better draft position. If they don't play their starters, the starters don't get hurt. And I'm not suggesting they don't play the starters, and I'm not suggesting that they thank But isn't there a part of you, just a small part of you? It says, Oh, these are period victories, and I know there's the encandidate right, the momentum going into next year.
Speaker 13: I get it.
Speaker 22: You don't want folks just sitting on the bench. Totally get it. The Burrow gets hurt in one of these games and we're like, what was that about?
Speaker 2: Why there's always that yang and yang.
Speaker 4: When it comes to football, that's always a possible outcome, whether it's the last game of the season, whether it's the second game of the season, it's chance of Jacksonville, or why guys don't play in the preseason because they might get hurt. They might get hurt in practice. There's always that possibility. That's part of the game. I'm the unfortunate part of the game. And I get what I get what you're saying, and I get what John was saying. I get I get it. But having played, and I just don't think guys feel they don't. I feel like, of course, it's not there, it's not their decision, it's not has to come from higher It.
Speaker 22: Would be asinine to have coaches playing the subs last three games of the year, when you're eliminated from the playoffs, right, but don't be the amount to essentially a winter preseason, all of them, but with higher stake, with higher stakes.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there is.
Speaker 2: Like people pay fair question, and it's when I go to a game, I want to see the best players.
Speaker 3: If you if you.
Speaker 2: Worry about hitting the wall at the Indy five hundred, you're going to hit the wall. If you worry about getting hurt, you're going to get hurt.
Speaker 3: You cannot. Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's It's a conundrum that's gone on for as long as people have played football.
Speaker 2: And Sean appreciate the call. Man, Thanks so much. Do we have Jeff and Dayton?
Speaker 20: Hi, great show tonight by the way, as always, Thanks so much, Jeff. Let me say this, it's good to hear yours as well, my friend. Let me say this about draft. Ruben Bain is a highly touted defensive end. He has thirty but he didn't have very good stats. You know, we've been through this before with lineman. His college stats over he has thirty point seventy five inch arm lengths.
Speaker 15: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 20: I've never seen a lineman that had defensive end had that short of arm so he could drop. And I hope the Bengals don't draft him there because that's going to be a problem. I saying, yeah, most offensive lineman's length now is like thirty four inches and a lot of them go to thirty five now and thirty inch arms. I just boy, they're going to have their hands on his chest every time.
Speaker 4: Uh what?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Pete Brown, Mike's brother, Pete, he was he was the pro at hand size, arm length size, all those little uh you know, all those measurements.
Speaker 3: That was the Pete Brown.
Speaker 4: I get that Tim Crumray was two hundred and fifty five pounds coming out fifty five sixty or seven to come out of college. He wasn't big enough, wasn't fast enough, wasn't fast enough. It wasn't anything he just said. But you know what he could do. He could flat out play football.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: And give me a guy who can play football over and having all the perfect maasorables and seems to be lacking in production. Give me the guys producing. Yes, Now, some of those guys can be.
Speaker 2: All I saw against Texas A and m was Ruben Bain wreaking havoc.
Speaker 21: Against Maggie and you got him.
Speaker 6: You got to watch young guys who did he play against? What was the left tackle? Left offensive tackle against out comes into play as well. Look, he might turn out to be a good player. I don't know, but that's thirty point just scared me. Now I'm going to say, you're this has been the the two most.
Speaker 20: Exciting weeks to watch the Bengals that I've had.
Speaker 11: Actually, I listened to him on the radio.
Speaker 4: In a law You know it's exciting when lap them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Jeff, Jim no.
Speaker 4: I just said, you know what's exciting when lap Is is calling that he's having find in a game like.
Speaker 2: This, Jeff, we got to run man, appreciate the call and wishing you, wishing.
Speaker 3: You a happy, happy New Year, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Well before we reached h the bottom of the hour break here, let's review the Guilty Windows. Window of opportunity brought to you by Guilty Windows. The heat of quality Windows is trusting the pros Guilty Windows. How about this is right after Evan McPherson's fifty seven yard field goal giving the Bengals a sixteen to seven lead, the Arizona Cardinals go three and out and then key Sean Williams, rookie from Indiana picked up off waivers from Pittsburgh on December sixteen, returns a punt forty three yards Jim to Arizona's thirty six yard line. Chase Brown goes for a twenty five yard run, and then it all set up Joe Burrow's eight yard touchdown passed to Jamar Chase one fifteen to go before halftime, twenty three to seven lead. That punt return was the window of opportunity that was.
Speaker 4: Huge terrible punt. Lowe bounced one time right to him. He had twenty twenty five yards in front of him. Guys are spread out, and he took advantage of every bit of it. His eyes had to be like saucers. He saw all that room. Oh man, I'm going he's done a great job of returning puntzel hickoffs.
Speaker 2: Yes, so finding that niche take advantage of his that's what that's.
Speaker 4: You're just trying to find where you fit, you know, until you get an opportunity to play on. But your deal might be special teams for your whole career, that's right, and become the best at what you can what you're doing.
Speaker 2: And you're getting you're still getting paid. If you could be a wrecking ball on special teams, there's a place for you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, their punter got off a sixty three yard or coffin corner.
Speaker 4: Oh that was that was a beautiful punt.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: And you you asked yourself, whatever happened to the coffin corner.
Speaker 4: Punts, because they're very difficult to do. Yes, I can tell you that the guys that were coffin corner punters probably hit as many into the end zone as they got inside the twenty. Okay, Now, now, if you're not fifteen ahead of your inside the twenty, if you're not like twenty and you know, twenty inside the twenty and three touchbacks, four touchbacks, you're really having not a very good year as far as that goes. So, yeah, the comfin quire difficult.
Speaker 3: Hey, We've got to take a break.
Speaker 2: We're live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, Plumb Square, Westchester.
Speaker 3: He's Jim Breechs.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers Jim Breachs Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plumb Square in Westchester till eight thirty tonight.
Speaker 3: Bengals win thirty seven to fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's on top of last week's forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins. This week, the hup the Arizona Cardinals went down hard, but man, you got to feel for them. Three and thirteen losers of eight straight after a two both of these teams started two to Oh incredible, they lose their quarterbacks. Kyler Murray's gone for Arizona, and of course Joe Burrow was out an extended period of time for the Cincinnati Bengals. So but it was good to see Cincinnati bounce back here with these two straight wins.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 2: Folks have problems with it because, oh, it's costing them a draft pick. I don't buy it. When you're a paying customer, you want to see the best players play. They did get Joe out in the fourth quarter. Heck, with a minute thirty eight to go in the third quarter, he was done for the game, So that was a good sign. But the Bengals win, and as we said at the top of the show, it's a reminder of what this team can do and what hopefully it will do next year.
Speaker 4: Jim, Yes, yeah, I agree, But I'm most excited to see the development of the defense and the improvement and particularly in the defensive backfield because they were a period during the season with guys running around wide open every all over the field and you're just not seeing that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Guys, when they do catch balls, there's guys really close to them. They're making plays on the ball. And that's a big that's a big step up. That's that's huge, and I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, let's go out to the filch Garry is in Madison, Garry here.
Speaker 24: Thanks for taking a call. They got a couple of issues. One you already touched on a little bit. I think if a guy's got a contract and he's able to play, he needs to play, no matter what the record of the team is, whatever, because the fans expect that, okay, and they need when when they got tickets to the ball game, they need to go and need to see who they want to see, okay, who they're rooting for. And then my second com man, the thing that this defense is lacking more than anything at all, is what you call a good old middle linebacker Okay, in my opinion, someone that's out there on the defense what to do what he's seeing, and someone that can key all on the on the quarterback if he's uh, you know, dropping off the running back or he's dropping back for a face and that's my opinion.
Speaker 4: I'll hang up on the chow comment. So I think they're a good example. Rocan Smith at Baltimore, he changed their defense last year when he was picked up. Fred Warner is another example of that old time. But they can play all aspects. He can cover guys, but they can come they come up and fill a hole in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Does that Rams Corner or forty nine ers or forty nine ers?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, yeah, so yeah. The linebacker is a little bit different today than it used to be, but some of them still play like those old time middle linebackers, just just moving a lot faster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the days of Dick Buckis and uh gosh, Tommy Nobis of the Atlanta Falcons. You're going with a little bit smaller, faster guys. The game is just so fast now.
Speaker 4: As soon as they went to the five yard bump rule in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: Nine, well because of Isaac Curtis.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I was in a meeting when I was with the Raiders. They you know, the referees come in and talk about the new rules. The guy specifically called it. I don't care what they say in Pittsburgh about being the mel blot rule. The guy said, this is the Isaac Curtis rule, absolutely, and the five yard bump that changed everything from then on.
Speaker 2: Because mel Blunt blasted him all the way down the field.
Speaker 4: Well, the Raiders were doing it too, and there were a lot of teams doing that. And the Steelers defense obviously was so great. All their players were great, so they were beating people up pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And then Isaac Curtis the five yard bump rule and changed the game.
Speaker 4: It did, so people throw the ball a lot more. You need guys running on the Your linebackers have to be able to run. You got to be able to cover guys. I mean, look how much the defensive struggled against running backs coming out of the backfield or running backs just getting dumped off. If you can't run, those guys are gonna go for tons of yards. And they're doing a better job with all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the screen passes that just murdered this team, and the misdirection, some of that's getting solved right now.
Speaker 4: Well, even tight ends, you gotta be able to run. Have a linebacker. And yeah, McBride had ten catches, but he had seventy six yards and I think I think four or five came on the last drive whims Old. The whole second team was in there. And if you hold a guy to tank to seventy six yards on ten catches, you've done pretty well, actually, particularly when he's your guy, your top guy.
Speaker 2: Thirteen targets, ten catches, seventy six yards, seven point six a catch, a long game of eighteen and a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So he is a tremendous player.
Speaker 4: Tremenz player. But they really slowed him down today and they he wasn't really, he didn't impact the game like he has in games.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go stick with the phones here, Ken and Mason, Kenny Chick, how you doing tonight? Fantastic, it's been a while, Ken go.
Speaker 3: One of the good.
Speaker 12: Guys in this world in Jim Breech. Jim, I want to take you back to acceleration training with Rocky to Colby and Greg to Colby. Oh my god, Jim Crumbrise, Hal Morris and the King of acceleration training, Eric Thomas. Kick. We were all kicking button back then in those days.
Speaker 3: Oh awesome.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 12: About the button. Yeah, they were too. Hey, guys, don't want to bring up one thing. The Bengals salary cap is so unbalanced. I mean, they're gonna have a hard time with free agency, kick just on the amount of money they're paying the three main guys. You know, Henrickson's money will free up a little bit, but that's still I don't know how many marquee free agents they're gonna be able to afford.
Speaker 4: That's the reason they have to draft and develop so well. They Like, you have a quarterback on a rookie deal, you can fill in big time free agents and then obviously that changes over time. Well, just like this on defense, maybe you have one centerpiece, like Chris Jones was in Kansas City, and you kind of fill in around him with a bunch of young guys that can play. We weren't sure that was happening. Maybe we're starting to see some of that happen in the defensive backfield. The linebackers are playing better. They you know, these young linebackers have played half of a season now or more, and it's starting to click a little bit, and it's kind of exciting to see what's happening.
Speaker 12: I agree with you, You're right. I think DJ Turner is going to be a heck FO player. I see some improvement by a couple of other guys. But hey, guys, let's be honest. They have not faced three great quarterbacks in the last three games, and I still see Josh Allen murder in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost a tough one today. Uh they went for the two point conversion, did not get it. Receiver was open, but Josh just misfired. But they and they fall today to.
Speaker 4: You know, in that game against Buffalo, they did it. They did a decent job, and they ran the ball, hit his legs and cooks. They really would beat them, that's right. And Alan at the end of the game. I part part of covering coverage is pressure. If your quarterback and stand back there and throw, I don't care who you are, trying to cover somebody you can't. It's hard to cover for five seconds and these guys are going full speed, so well, you know, pressure on the quarter go ahead.
Speaker 12: Well, and what you're saying, though, that's the two linebackers in experience. I mean, a lot of that break down with Allen's success was due to their line their young linebackers.
Speaker 13: You know, they still have a lot of.
Speaker 12: Holes they've got to fill on defense. I mean, I'm you know, I think they're playing a little better, but I wouldn't. It wouldn't make a whole lot. These last three games not been against you know, like I said, top flight offenses, you're right now.
Speaker 4: But they've played they played better against. They gave up twenty four points against Baltimore, they gave up fourteen against Pittsburgh a couple weeks before that. They did give up with thirty two the next time they played him. But so they've had four or five games in there, and some of those against decent offenses that have shown improvement. You know, they they Gotti will stop the run and they're getting better. Today they were, they were great. Everybody was doing their job. There was no place for these guys to go. And you know when you run a deep when when these guys are where they're supposed to be, it's hard to run the ball. So, yes, these last two offenses weren't great. They're playing a rookie quarterback and actually, as they said earlier, I think Jacoby Brissett runs that offense better than Kyler Murray does. But yeah, they have changed, they've cut changes. They but you don't want to throw everybody out that has made a jump this year, and then all of a sudden say, okay, we're going to start over. I think you have to go with the guys that are improving and then figure out how you plug in guys in the areas where you really have need.
Speaker 2: Well, the salary cap will go up. Plus if they don't bring Trey back, they will have some money to at least get one or two free agents. And uh, we've got to run ken.
Speaker 3: Always awesome hearing from you.
Speaker 12: All right, guys, have a good one.
Speaker 2: All right, take care And just a reminder of fans out there to postgame sports talks brought to you in part by AE Door and Window Company. They sell the best and service the rest. And I got a text here from a good friend Andrew Williams, and Jimmy wants to tell He wants you to tell the story again about your number, how you went from ten to three.
Speaker 4: All right, So when the Bengals called I fly out, they end up signing me and choose your number. Well, I was three in college. I was five with the Raiders because three was Daryl Lamonica and they wouldn't give me three. So I went with five. And I get here and they said, we don't have single digits. We started ten, and Chris Barr had been ten. I didn't really want to be Chris Barr, especially since he had just left right. Yeah, but I didn't really like the other numbers, so I went with ten because that was the lowest number available. And I told I said to Tom Gray, if we ever go to single digits, I'd like to have three.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: Well, Boomer gets drafted in eighty four. Part of his contract negotiation is that he would get seven. So we go to a single digit and I come in mini camp and there's three hanging in my locker. It was pretty I was pretty excited about that.
Speaker 2: That is fantastic what a number does for a guy. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and really for me. Three. My idol was Jan stener Rude. When I was ten years old. I saw him kicking the chamellia bowl. I followed him. I tried to find out everything I could about him. And that was my number because of Jan stener Ut So I got a chance to wear it.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go out through the phones and welcoming John and Cedarville.
Speaker 14: John thy good afternoon, he recorded, and Jim.
Speaker 4: Hi, John, all right, Hey, this is what's your brother?
Speaker 14: This is why who they's supposed to feel like, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 14: Hey, I got a question for the two of you. I don't know what the answer would be, but, uh, we've seen go Flacco back to back weeks in a row, and what's the chance of him playing against Cleveland and being the quarterback that has played against both apponements?
Speaker 2: That funny you should ask that because off the air, Jim Breach said, wouldn't it be cool if he started against against the uh Browns when he started against the Bengals in the opener?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good question. Well has it happened? I don't know.
Speaker 14: Well that that flies through my mind and I thought that too. Took about him starting and made be uh uh Gardner Garner getting these backed against Joe Flacco and and maybe keep Joe burrow Han's way. But uh, you guys are talking about these guys should whether they should be playing or not be playing. Of course they should be playing. It's like if I've got to go to the grocery store for a loaf of bread, I shouldn't go because I'm not getting the wreck, you know?
Speaker 2: Come on, Well, and they want to finish four and two in the division. You know, a victory over Cleveland will give him a four and two record in the division.
Speaker 3: They want that and not three and three.
Speaker 14: It's possible they can make a deal on Draft Day with Henderson too, if they don't want to resign him. But I think the OSI the year. I hate to say it, but you know.
Speaker 2: Well he'll be all He'll be a free agent, so the Bengals won't have rights to him to make a trade or anything on on draft Day.
Speaker 4: Even if they they would have, they would have had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to.
Speaker 2: Sign him and then attempted dealing franchise or franchise tagame, I'm sorry, Yes, anyway, I want to give a shout out here to court. It was awesome to have Corey Kiner come back. Roger Bacon ls U University of Cincinnati and he started with the San Francisco forty nine ers as an undrafted college free agent.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was released with a with an injury I believe to his ankle. Minnesota picked him up, he was on their practice squad and then the Arizona Cardinals grabbed him. So congratulations of Corey Kiner only had one carry today for two yards, but he's getting paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 25: Uh Hey Premier Stewart getting the first sat Absolutely, yes, rookie, Yes, he finally way so I mean saying about his low production of facts coming out of college. He's already got one on the board in the NFL.
Speaker 3: So it's a great sign. Yeah, that was great John.
Speaker 2: As always, we appreciate the call, and Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 14: Happy new to your to you and Jim as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, John, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Today's ruler of the Jungle was Drake Kirkpatrick, first round Drea pick out of Alabama. And one of my favorite stories is when I left the Bengals beat, I'm at training camp at.
Speaker 3: The stadium and.
Speaker 2: Mike Zimmer, defensive coordinator, is meeting with Adam Jones and Drake Kirkpatrick on the sideline and he sees me. He stops and he starts walking toward me about ten twenty yards shakes my hand.
Speaker 3: I'm there, unbelievable. I love Mike Zimmer.
Speaker 2: And when I had him on the air at WNE in Dayton, at the end of the interview, he said, Chick, need we need to talk more there? What are you kidding me? How awesome was that. I love Mike Zimmer, Oh gosh, guy absolutely loved him.
Speaker 4: Tough, tough, tough on the players, yes, but they loved and respected him so much. You know. I remember Drake Kirkpatrick's being the one they accepted and Monday night game accepted. Peyton Manning ran back for a touchdown that was kind of sealed that game.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, we've got to take the top of the hour break and we want to thank today's producer back in the studios, Liam Tomlinson. Always does a fantastic job for us and Liam appreciate it. And you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge with Jim Breach and Chick Ladwig on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESP at fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three toph Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's Jim Breach, this is Chick Ludwig, and we are live at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge, forty seven eighty two Plump Square in Westchester, and we're breaking down the Bengals thirty seven to fourteen victory over the Arizona Cardinals. And Jim, we've got a couple of sponsorship cards here that we've got to get to.
Speaker 3: How about the.
Speaker 2: Postman Law injury report brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four. Postman Others promise Postman delivers. And there was a point in that in the game where Amarius Mims, with a shin injury, was out for a period of time, but he was able to make his way back, and I believe it was an ankle injury. And how tough is size ap rhyme that he went out win sing but then comes back in place.
Speaker 3: The guy's an absolute warrior.
Speaker 4: He is. How about the Blitz pickup.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, he lifted the.
Speaker 4: Guy right off the ground put him on his back. It was just it was awesome.
Speaker 2: That was incredible, and and that led to a big pass play.
Speaker 4: Down the left hand side of the Jasiki for twenty twenty three yards.
Speaker 3: That was fantastic.
Speaker 2: And yes, he just crushed a guy and he was really lifted up and put.
Speaker 3: On his back.
Speaker 2: He was I think the guy's head hit first the Blitz pick up or his shoulder blades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just incredible.
Speaker 4: It was pretty hot running back. I guarantee when they watched that tomorrow, they're gonna they're gonna run that thing back fifteen times, gonna.
Speaker 2: That was beautiful and he had he not picked it up, it would have been a sack.
Speaker 3: Who knows a sack fumble.
Speaker 4: Uh, Quarterbacks definitely appreciate that, no doubt.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: I was listening to Chase Brown in the post game and he was talking about that how excited he was for that pickup by Samaja.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was incredible blitz pick up. It's so critical for a running back, no doubt. Well, that is your Postman Law Injury report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman Others promise, Postman delivers and Jim. Let's also check on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage today, brought to you by coversince he dot com local health insurance experts for over twenty years and just looking at you know, just looking at some of the statistics here, DJ Turner continues to impress and really I thought the defensive secondary did a much better job today.
Speaker 3: Man Geno Stone with the whiff on uh.
Speaker 4: Sidelines. Yeah that it looked like the one against Pittsburgh a few years ago where everybody thought that Le'Veon Bell was going out of bounds and he just kept run down the sideline and they just kind of stood there and watched. He didn't stand there and watch, but hey barely make contact with the guy.
Speaker 3: You know, Dax Hill.
Speaker 2: Three passes defense today, Just incredible effort.
Speaker 3: He's really coming on.
Speaker 4: He really is, and he's healthy. Yeah, it was really helps because he struggled with position, what position do I play? And staying healthy. Now he's he's staying healthy and playing and he's showing him what he's capable of.
Speaker 2: We saw dj Ivy with a with a pass defense and Barrett Carter did a nice job so as a linebacker.
Speaker 4: So he figured they gave hip turning thirty three yards for the game. Everybody did a nice job and ninety two of those came in the last drive. So for up until that last drive, it was one hundred and forty one yards by the Cardinals, and the last drive was against the second defense, second team defense, and it took him fifteen plays at a fourth down to get in the end zone.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: So that's great because the depth played really.
Speaker 2: Well, beautiful And that's the defensive secondary coverage report brought to you by coversince he dot com cover since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years.
Speaker 3: Do we have Keith on the west side best side?
Speaker 26: Hey chick, Yes, sir, say mister breach out of respect.
Speaker 3: At Gay Hotel.
Speaker 15: Grew up watching you.
Speaker 26: Bengal fan through the seventies eighties, All my life, my wife and I. That's how we got married. She's a diehard Bengal fan. Our first date. We've been married for years and we've been just I got to tell you it's an honor and a pleasure. I do want to say I understand both sides of what you guys have been talking about. These guys are getting paid. I love how Joe Burrow came out and said, hey man.
Speaker 22: I'm getting played to play football.
Speaker 26: That's my job. If I can, if I'm healthy, I want to play. But I will say this, I saw the look on Falco's face today when he went out in the fourth quarter and got to get in that game.
Speaker 22: Forty years old, still.
Speaker 26: Playing the game like a kid. To me, it was like watching backyard football, playground football. And you know, if he can get in for another game or so and just still play the game like a little kid and have fun with it, that's what I think Joe Burrow is trying to say. He wants to play the game and have fun. And I will say this, I don't want to risk him, so I'm gonna agree with.
Speaker 14: The guy from Florida.
Speaker 26: I think his name was John, and he did say Falco, so I'm gonna say Falco.
Speaker 3: One more time.
Speaker 15: Joe Falco behind Joe Burrow.
Speaker 26: Is one of the best things I've ever heard in my life. I think it's hilarious, awesome because if you've ever seen it.
Speaker 22: You know exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You guys are awesome.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the fun call.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: And yes, Joe Flacco or Falco, how about rushing for a ten yard first play on his first play? Yes, he had five attempts, three completions passing and I misspoke there five yards on that run. His uh his long game pa first.
Speaker 4: Down though, But yes, yeah, I find it interesting. You see Flacco and when Boomer came back, I think it was ninety six, and how effortless they make it look, and even Philip Rivers and his age that they make it look effortless against these unbelievable players. As far as where to throw the ball right, who to throw it to? It looks easy, And I asked Boom. I remember asking Boomer because the game looked like it was in slow motion to him, he goes, you know, it's just I see it. I see I'm to the point in my career where it seems slow. It's so easy to see what's going on. And that's what happens with these guys. That's why Flacco can step in or rivers who just step into an offense and perform so well. Eventually, with all the stuff going on, you're gonna throw the ball in the right spot.
Speaker 3: Everything slows down for those.
Speaker 4: Guys, and where the young guys. It's going to hare miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We hyped this earlier in the show, at least I did. Jim, I would like to address it, but the Sports Broadcasting Act of nineteen sixty one protected college and high school football from the what you call the NFL's incursion. And Jay Busby if Yahoo Sports wrote about this, and that mandated that the shield the NFL couldn't play Saturday games before the second Saturday in December, and that's right when college football's regular season ends.
Speaker 3: Nobody back in sixty.
Speaker 2: One could foresee the possibility of a massive multi weekend playoff bracket that we've seen the last couple of weeks. So there were a ton of college games on yesterday, But what does the NFL do. They put two gate, They put on a doubleheader the previous week.
Speaker 3: They did the same thing.
Speaker 2: The problem is a lot of these NFL games on Saturdays now are on streaming services that a lot of people do not get, Netflix, the NFL Network, Peacock, and Amazon Prime.
Speaker 3: So you just wish that.
Speaker 2: Something could be worked out where we're seeing the college games and we're also seeing the NFL games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, and you know all these streaming services know what kind of response viewership the NFL brings, Yes, wherever they have NFL wise, they're going to get a huge hit. And if it's just somebody downloading it just to watch their team, you know. And well, who who would have thought there was going to be thirty something bowl games? Right, because when back in that back in that time, there were there was January one Bowl games, you know, Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl. That's pretty much it. There weren't many other I don't think there were any other games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the goal was to finish like in the top twenty in the country, so you could, you know, put it, send your brochures out and for recruits and everything.
Speaker 3: Well, now, gosh, everything has changed, and I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Why it took so long to really have a college football playoff in the the way it is now, you know, with twelve teams, who knows if it'll expand to sixteen.
Speaker 4: Who knows what was going on with the bowl games. Yeah, that they could hold it off for as long as they did. You're right, yeah, yeah, internally you wonder.
Speaker 2: So with with the college football playoffs down to the quarterfinals.
Speaker 4: Now, who do you like? I think we talked. We haven't had the game yet. You asked me this last week. They haven't played yet.
Speaker 3: That's exact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, again, it takes so long, there's that huge gap in there.
Speaker 3: You're right, Well, it's Ohio State and Miami.
Speaker 4: I like Ohio State. Okay, I think Miami is going to give them, you know, like you talked about the guys on the end, maybe give the these tackles an issue. But I don't think Miami can score a lot of points. I think their offense struggles. They do have some speed, but that defense of Ohio State is really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They got a couple of players like Caleb Downs that would.
Speaker 4: And they've got some white outs. I've heard that Ohio State has a couple pretty good white outs. Have you heard that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: And their quarterback complete like nine his passes. I think it was.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think they're gonna I think they're gonna be just fine.
Speaker 3: Well. And then a triple header on.
Speaker 2: New Year's Day, a day that I just absolutely love, Oregon against Texas Tech.
Speaker 4: I mentioned last week. I'm going with Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: Yes, in honor of Joe Walter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do it in honor Joe Redder.
Speaker 3: Yes. And Alabama in Indiana.
Speaker 4: I gotta go with the Hoosiers. And what a great story that is.
Speaker 2: Who would have ever imagined the day would come where Indiana would be playing Alabama. Indiana the number one team in the nation with a six and a half point favorite over the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Speaker 4: Nobody, even three years ago, nobody would have thought that.
Speaker 2: And then Jim in the All State Sugar Bowl.
Speaker 4: Maybe Kurt Signetty.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, I win Google me uh ole miss in Georgia.
Speaker 4: I think Georgia looked really good in that SC Game Championship game. I think George is gonna be a tough out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Uh, We're gonna have to four days here, It's two days, four games.
Speaker 4: It's really great.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a blast. Yes.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, let's go over the NFL scores from today, and it all starts here with the one o'clock games. The Bengals thirty seven to fourteen over the Arizona Cardinals. How about the Browns at home? Can we go ahead and say upsetting the Pittsburgh Steelers thirteen to six, and that sets up a showdown next week in Pittsburgh. Winner take all Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were gonna say it's show out between the Bengals and the Browns. Yes, yeah, I guess you're right. It is the other one to win the division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that will be the Bengals final game at home against the Cleveland Browns next week, and also the Steelers versus the Ravens for.
Speaker 4: The AFC Sunday night game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see you if it hasn't been named already. Saints were they thirty four to twenty six victory over the Titans.
Speaker 4: They've been playing better lately in Tennessee. Chris Olavey's been killing it and shook Hug Chuck Chuck has been playing really well. The rookie quarterback, yes from Louisville. He's been playing really well.
Speaker 3: Titans at three and thirteen. Saints go to six and ten.
Speaker 4: Titans had a pretty good lead in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fourteen to ten at half to or twenty to ten at halftime, and they lose thirty four to twenty six. Jacksonville Jaguars twenty three to seventeen over the Colts in uh in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Colts at one time were eight and two. They're eight and eight now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were up in that game too for the most for most of the game.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Philip Rivers again played, he played, okay. They just they're having trouble closing out games. That's it, you know, and it's so you gotta build close games out right.
Speaker 2: Dolphins are twenty to seventeen winners over the Buccaneers. That's huge, and Ted I believe that makes Carolina the NFC South winners.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think they played this weekend or one more game and it's whoever wins the game is then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Panthers lost there.
Speaker 2: At eight and eight, Buccaneers are at seven and nine, so it's still that's still up for grants.
Speaker 4: ESCU and eight and nine can get in.
Speaker 2: Incredible Patriots unbelievable five touchdown pass from Drake May Forty two to ten winners over the Jets in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Well, he's played great, he really had.
Speaker 4: Mike Rabels did a phenomenal job there.
Speaker 2: Seahawks twenty seven to ten over the Panthers.
Speaker 4: They're really good Seahawks.
Speaker 3: And with Donald Sam Darnold.
Speaker 2: And the New York Football Giants thirty four to ten winners over the Raiders in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: They have just give me Ravens the first pick. Yep, it could be Fernando Mendows. They're going to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: The Raiders and the Eagles eke out a thirteen to twelve victory over the Bills in Buffalo, and Eagles led thirteen to nothing, but the Bills, as always turn it on late.
Speaker 4: Well, the Bills got stopped fourth and goal before they even score a touchdown. Were down there and Josh Allen came up just short and then they scored two teshdowns, went for it. Shakira was wide open, and fortunately he just said make a good throw.
Speaker 2: And the Eagles survived thirteen to twelve. Bills are at eleven and five, and that's the Eagles record. Also, and the Thursday games Cowboys over the Commanders thirty to twenty three, and the Vikings knock out the Lions twenty three to ten, and the Broncos over the Chiefs twenty to thirteen.
Speaker 4: Mine are kind of some similarities to the Bengals, you know, a phenomenal offense and their defensive struggles. Part of there is just a lot of injuries.
Speaker 2: And yesterday's games Detexans over the Chargers twenty to sixteen. Ravens crushed the Packers in Green Bay forty one to twenty four, and that leads us to Monday night's game the Rams at the Falcons and tonight's game at forty nine Ers. That game is just just getting underway.
Speaker 4: Brock Perry just do pick six?
Speaker 3: Did he really play the game? And the Bears go six to nothing?
Speaker 2: Well, Jim and many thanks to all the folks here are Server Macy just fantastic.
Speaker 4: He was awesome.
Speaker 2: All the great folks here at Wings and Rings, Beckett Ridge and on behalf of my partner Jim Breach and today's engineer Mike Mills, and our producers back in the studio, Liam Tomlinson and Danny Gleeson. This is the Chickster chick Ludwig saying thanks for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNEL Carriers on the Home of the Reds and the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen third Happy to you