Speaker 1: Mac.
Speaker 2: Let's say we do a little housekeeping to start this one off.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: Quick follow up to a couple episodes ago when I told you that I was afraid to say hi to someone at the gym because I wasn't sure if it was your girlfriend or not. And I couldn't stare because if I stare and it's not her, then I'm in a heap of trouble. Sure it was her. I said hi to her. I explained myself. She fully understood.
Speaker 1: I had already pre explained, and we had a very very relevant conversation yesterday of the day prior. She was like, Oh, I was at the gym and I saw this girl that just had the fattest ass and it looked all natural, and I was She was like, I considered like giving her a compliment or asking I said, that would have been cool, because this girl a girl. I said, how would you have felt if a guy approached you or her? She said, ah, that would have been fucking creepy. And I said, boom, that's why GOO didn't say hi.
Speaker 2: That's the exact reason why. Also, all you know, for you, I haven't seen any lunk, So you're all set.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, no, Luclo, I haven't had.
Speaker 2: To bop anybody for getting too close to your lady. That's for my pal Mac and I kicks the shit out.
Speaker 1: Of him, Paul.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to talk to you about this. You have been recommending a show to me and my wife for quite some time now. Yeah, And I took it in and I said to myself, that was an oversell.
Speaker 1: How many episodes into Widow's Bay are you?
Speaker 2: I've seen the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, you didn't love it.
Speaker 2: Not just you, but other people around saying that this is the best thing ever. This is great.
Speaker 1: I'd say it's the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: You said it's the best combination of comedy and horror you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I said in a while.
Speaker 2: You said ever in a while.
Speaker 1: And I think it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, where's your cutoff? Then where's your cutoff? For a while?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying to think of one good comedy horror marriage in the last because I would say, twenty years.
Speaker 2: There's not enough comedy to keep me laughing, and then there's not enough horror to keep me spooked.
Speaker 1: Everything Patricia does is hilarious. Everything the Smoking Lady does is hilarious. And then the horror was the horror mystery was just enough.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it was Besides the one episode with the crow crown, nothing else really got me going.
Speaker 1: But you also, here's so I've started watching from I've been froumming all over the place, and it was a recommendation because we liked Widow's Base so much. And what these two shows have in common very much is the premise of Lost, right where it's a sci fi unexplainable mystery and it feels like you're just not like a lost guy. Then right, this is just not your alley. This is not like Lost.
Speaker 2: Lost is good, but Lost also wasn't build to me as the greatest thing ever made.
Speaker 1: How many people recommended the show to you?
Speaker 2: You you're the only person that I listened to. Everyone's always talking about well rotten tomatoes. This I don't go by the aggregate of I love tomatoes, Widows Bay, I can tell. But hey, let me tell you this, just going off of horror comedy, what we do in the Shadow is better.
Speaker 1: The horror is not there at all for what we do in the shadows.
Speaker 2: It's spooky draculas. It's your comedy. Yeah, but the comedy is so good.
Speaker 1: It's amazing and hilarious, but the horror is nonexistent. There's horror elements, No, they're just vampires, draculas. Cabin in the Woods better, No, I disagree. I like this more than I liked Cabin in the Woods.
Speaker 2: Daleen Tucker vers Evil Better. That is inferior Daleen Tucker Versus Evil, so similar of just using all of these horror tropes, it's good. It's the horror tropes and let's have some commentary on it. And the commentary wasn't that biting?
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Zombie Land.
Speaker 1: Zombie Land is darn good, the first zombie land that so here, here's my statement, if we want to wrap this all in together and make it definitive, Widow's Bay is the best horror comedy combo since zombieland.
Speaker 2: Sean of the Dead.
Speaker 1: Shan of the Dead was Z four.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm just saying though, Sean of the Dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it's. I believe I have Shan of the Dead. I'd have to go back and look at my top fifty movies of all time. I believe I had Shot of the Dead in my top fifteen.
Speaker 2: Evil Dead two Slash Army of darkness. I'm not an evil dead guy, just not Scream. Uh well, Scream is like ninety eight percent horror, two percent comedy, and the comedy is really just more like Randy Meeks is fun.
Speaker 1: Tongue in cheek. Yeah, I mean you could qualify it as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would argue that might be one of the best ones. Granted it's a focus specifically on Slash.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone calls Scream a horror comedy. They just call it a horror film.
Speaker 2: I would say horror comedy. I wouldn't Scary Movies one and two.
Speaker 1: Again devoid of scariness?
Speaker 2: Do you know that horror? So many people when seeing Scary Movie one had no idea it was a parody. It was good.
Speaker 1: I think like Kevin and the Woods and Zombilin are good examples. I think really missing out on the point that this had both things. You're really just giving me either or Widow's Bay had the horror and the comedy. Look, Sean of the Dead has it too.
Speaker 2: You could make the argument that Scary Movies one and two are ninety nine percent comedy one percent horror. No, that's a horror comedy.
Speaker 1: Zero zero percent horror.
Speaker 2: But the comedy is so much better and so much smart.
Speaker 1: Like what we do in the Shadows more than than most. There's no horror in it. It's just like eat people in hilarious ways. Yes, so even if it's horror, the ninety seven percent comedy is elite comedy uses the idea of horror to frame its comedy. It's not horrifying whatsoever.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like Widows Bay.
Speaker 1: No, it's not one good three Yeah, job three, King of Queen Mill Street, entertam Goo and I'm Mac.
Speaker 2: And we are the Mac and Goo program. We are here to have a friend in me.
Speaker 1: We've got goose friends and us.
Speaker 2: Now you've already told me not to do my impression anymore, right.
Speaker 1: And how did your wife like Widow's Bay?
Speaker 2: She liked it more than he, but didn't love it. Okay, not a lot of satisfactor by the end.
Speaker 1: So the one thing I will say my biggest complaint about the show is I wish it was a mini series. I wish it was one season. Now we're going to get a second season. So there's certainly some unresolved stuff there, but there's two or three great characters in the show. Patricia's my favorite television character of the year.
Speaker 2: So you didn't say that I can't do my Randy Newman impression.
Speaker 1: Right, I'll give you full permission to do your Randy new.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about to a story.
Speaker 1: Can you do Randy Newman doing? Let's talk about sex.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about sex, baby, talk about.
Speaker 1: You and me, folks, today, we are right on time to review Toy Story five. It came out a month ago, June nineteenth. This is a movie that goosaw pretty early on because he has a six year old son. I just saw a week and a half ago or a week ago, something like that, and I think, I mean, it's making buku bucks. So don't don't let me, you know, speak to ill will of this. I think there's a lot of people that weren't rushing out to see this. If you don't have kids, doesn't seem like you should be rushing out to see it. And my primary takeaway GOO is I don't know why a kid would like this movie, But I digress. This came about June nineteenth. It opened domestically with nearly one hundred and sixty million dollars. That's up to four hundred and thirty million domestically and nine hundred and sixty two million worldwide. It's going to cross over a billion. The last two made over a billion, so it's probably gonna make more than both of those and become the highest grossing toy story movie of all time. Goo. This was made it on a two hundred and fifty million dollar budget, so obviously they put a lot of money into this. Who knows what the marketing budget was, but it's gonna make their money back and then some. It is a PG adventure, animation, comedy, drama, family fantasy. Goo. Here's a new one for you. There is now a subgenre on IMDV called toy story, an actual subgenre called toy story.
Speaker 2: So would Brave Little Toaster fall into that subcategory?
Speaker 1: That's toy appliance and.
Speaker 2: Animate objects that are given life.
Speaker 1: It could be that's toy appliance.
Speaker 2: That's like an appliance adventure. But would it blanky possibly be toy I'd have to.
Speaker 1: Click on toy story to investigate further. We also have Buddy Comedy, computer animation Irbit Adventure. This movie is a run time of one hundred and two minutes, so it's it's not long, but it's also like a little drawn out on Roddy teazgew This as ninety two percent from the critics, ninety four percent from the audience. Your audience scores for the four other Toy Story movies are ninety two percent for the first one, eighty seven percent for the second one, which Goo and I agree is the best one of the five, ninety percent for the third, also, ninety four percent for the last one. On Metacritic, this has a seventy three, much lower than the prior for according to the critics, the first one got a ninety six, second one got an eighty eight, the third one received a ninety two. The last one got an eighty four, So definitively the critics are saying this is probably a couple tiers below all the other four movies, and I would wholeheartedly agree with him on that one. This movie is written and directed by Andrew Stanton and McKenna Harris. Andrew Stanton Goo is tried and true. He's been making his money in animated movies for the last thirty thirty five years. You would know him as the writer on Toy Story A Bugs Life, Toy Story two Monsters Inc. Finding Nemo Wally, Toy Story three, the smash success, John Carter Finding Dory, and Toy Story four. He was the director on a Bugs Life, Finding Emil Wally and John Carter official first directing credit on a Toy Story movie. Somehow here he's got something upcoming called Revolver. I don't know if anyone would be interested in that, but there's there's a movie. McKenna Harris gou a first timer. This is his first her first major writing and directing credits. She's made her mark in the past in the animation department on Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ryan The Last Dragon, and Luca. She also worked on Frozen two, l e O and Hoppers. This is a classic Pixar thing. They're always like kind of grooming the next up and coming, you know, writers and directors. So they do it here with her synopsis of Toy Story five, Go Woody, Buzz, Jesse, and the rest of the gang's jobs are challenged when they're introduced to electronics, a new threat to playtime.
Speaker 2: I think that we have the issue of, like my big issue of the movie. In that synopsis, what's that get rid of? Woody? Arguably get rid of Buzz. Okay, and it's Jesse and the rest of the gang now dealing with technology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who wants to see that goose my question.
Speaker 2: So I heard an interesting theory and I'm kind of buying into it. Originally it was supposed to be that even call the movie Jesse and whatever like, have Jesse be in the title of the movie. But because Buzz Lightyear, sorry the light Year movie was so poorly received, they said let's call it Toy Story five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would believe partially that being a motivation. I'd also believe the fact that Tim Allen was purposefully ignored in Toy Story four in favor of a Woody movie.
Speaker 2: That he also wasn't in the light Year movie either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had well he didn't need to be in the life.
Speaker 2: No, I know that, But I'm just saying, like, if it's someone who's you know, like, hey, why is Disney treating me like this?
Speaker 1: So this movie is very purposeful and a bit shoehorny in the way that they put incorporate Buzz Lightyear into the story, and it does get in the way of the story. I tell you.
Speaker 2: Also, I would have accepted Buzz still in this story because he didn't leave the gang in Toy Story four Wood he left here but apparently lives next door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's here. He's a renegade, just just hanging in the skunk, you know, just skunking it.
Speaker 2: Up, skunking it Uh goode.
Speaker 1: This movie stars. Bear with me here everyone, There's one hundred people on this cast list. Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz Lightly, Joan Cusack as Jesse Conan and Bryan as Smarty Pants, Greta Lee as lily Pad, Scarlett Spears is Bonnie, Shelby Ribera as Snappy, Michael Michael, Michelle Harris is Blazed, Craig Robinson is Atlas, Bonnie Hunt as Dolly, Christian shallis Trixie, Tony Hale is four Key, John Hopkins is mister prickle Pants. Wallace Shawn is Rex Play Clark as Slinky Dog. Ernie Hudson has Combat, Carl Jeff Bergman as mister potato Head, Bad Bunny as Pizza with Sunglasses, and Vocchino as Missus potato Head. Andie Potts is bo Peep, Mattie Mathieson as Doctor Nutcase. John Ratzenberger, Who's in every Pixar movie as Ham. Keanu Ruse is due, Keanu Reeves is Duke Kaboom in two scenes.
Speaker 2: I feel like this was a ruse. There was barely any Keanu Reeves in this.
Speaker 1: Melissa Senora as Karen Beverly and Alan Cumming as Evil Bullseye. I will say this about toy story movies and this one too, when they cast new people as new characters, it hits almost every time. They do a great job as that.
Speaker 2: I also want to say that going into the movie, I thought that they had hired Conan O'Brien kind of as stunt casting, and he was gonna pop up in a scene or two. He might be second billing on this movie.
Speaker 1: He's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, not only is he good, he's in a ton of the movie, say, after the first act, the.
Speaker 1: Whole second half of the movie. Yeah, it's and he is.
Speaker 2: He is a wonderful, very very vibrant voice that immediately it's like it's punching you in the face.
Speaker 1: You know it's Conan, but he's hiding the conanness a little bit. It's a very well done job. It's also like the stupidest toy ever, but it works. It's it's that's.
Speaker 2: Conan went to Harvard. Now he is a potty toy, is.
Speaker 1: A potty training aid. I suppose. I'd also like to put a little spotlight on grete Lee's lily pat. She did a very good job as a menacing tablet.
Speaker 2: I also want to put a spotlight on the lily pad slash screens. I'm gonna have a great time watching this movie on my iPhone in a couple months now.
Speaker 1: You saw this with your son in the theater. Was their dialogue between the two of you afterwards in regards to how harmful technology could be?
Speaker 2: No, because the movie kind of did that for you. But also like they kind of blame technology, but then pulled it back because I think they said to themselves, we're all over screens. We can't fully blame screens. The screen in this movie. We don't want to spoil anything, but the screen in this movie kind of just like says, my bad, I'm at fault for all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no villain in this movie. There's nothing to root for or against.
Speaker 2: The other little girls with a bad guy. And it's not even because of their screens. It's just because they're bad little girls.
Speaker 1: So here here's sort of jumping off that point of them drawing it back and like no conversation to be had. This movie certainly is trying to teach children a little bit of a lesson.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately not enough.
Speaker 1: Though unfortunately for me, falls into that same sort of even a lesser version of the two Inside Out movies and these Pixar movies of the last ten or fifteen years that just missed their target audience. Yes it's reviewed really well, Yes it's made a million dollars a billion dollars, but it's not gonna be remembered and talked about the way the Pixar classics are because no one is going to rewatch this one. The fun factor here is non existent. This is the least fun Pixar movie in a long time.
Speaker 2: I think it is fun enough with some of the comedy. I think Joan Cusack gives a great performance as Jesse. I think Conan is really really funny in it as well. But I also think that the stuff with Jesse and how they circle back around to her backstory that we got in two where she does find out the impact that she has on a child, I thought that was very sweet.
Speaker 1: I thought where this movie should have gone, and I think would have played better and hit the emotional mark better was where it was kind of trending, was getting Jesse back to her original owner or something of that nature. And the way this movie ends is fucking weird. It like doesn't fit in at all.
Speaker 2: Like Bonnie makes a friend.
Speaker 1: Just shit, it's just not. This movie's not for me. I don't know. I don't know who came away loving this. It just felt like my son did. My son said it was his favorite toy story? Oh, do you remember the other toy stories? And then he went scene by scene for the first four so he remembers them. It felt lazy, it felt forced at times. It felt like they're like, we've got all this buzz to make a toy story movie. Let's do it and include eight hundred buzz light years. I don't know, do it.
Speaker 2: I guess this is x makina.
Speaker 1: I guess we can run into the gauntlet here, all.
Speaker 2: Right, fun factor? Are you comparing it to other Pixars or to other toy stories?
Speaker 1: Compared to whatever you want? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's lower than just to okay, so compared to Widows Bay, I would no, I would say that compared to the other Toy stories like Toy Story four might have more fun factor to like the introduction of four key or the carnival toys.
Speaker 1: Toy Story four is fun. It's skilly. There you go, there's some horror comedy.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, so we'll take Toy Story four over Widows back, go ahead.
Speaker 1: The adventure is a lot more fun and even existent. This This adventure is just down the street.
Speaker 2: But okay, so the buzz light Year is gonna take away from the argument that I'm about to make because it's ridiculed. I thought that Toy Story four, and once again, this is a franchise about toys that come to life. Toy Story four was almost too fantastical for me. Okay, all right, like there were almost no rules.
Speaker 1: I don't agree. I don't agree this one.
Speaker 2: I thought got back to a human element and got back to the human emotion, and I liked that. But as I say that, the Buzz light Year ex Makina takes away from it and makes it too fantastical. Again, as the toys are chasing down cars, that's not a thing. Having said that, the entire movie, well, I'm not a scientist, not a thing.
Speaker 1: You have this B or C story, whatever one you want to classify it as as this army of buzz light Years just running through the real world strictly so at the end they can turn into drones and save everyone. That's the only reason that story, that plot point exists.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: It's incredibly bad.
Speaker 2: That's my Lee's favorite part of the movie. Also, it's it's not good Woody. I don't I really wish that Woody wasn't in this Woody also.
Speaker 1: A bit shoehorned in because they're like, yeah, we still have Woody around it is with bo Pee.
Speaker 2: But also, honestly, what does wood he even do? Besides you can put him in commercials, he doesn't do anything in this movie.
Speaker 1: They made a fat joke and a ball joke, and I was offended by both.
Speaker 2: Mac has been protesting on social media about the casting in this movie and how it does not represent toys right Satisfactor. I like the sweet Little Jesse story. I think that wraps up her story well. And now I'm curious, if so they are gonna make a six what toy do we focus on now?
Speaker 1: I thought it was cool to see buzz light Year's turn into a Drone made no fucking sense satisfying. No, well, they got to satisfying in.
Speaker 2: This movie Borometer, not a ton There were some eyebrow raising questions, but my favorite.
Speaker 1: Shit involved the new toys and everything else revolving around Bonnie and the old toys. Not interesting whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Also, I do want to point out, so this Toys Verse technology isn't that kind of what the theme of all of these movies have been even looking at in the first movie, rag Doll Verse, sweet action figure that can talk, You're right, that's still toys Verse technology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's things progressing and constantly fighting against change.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we we just fucking ruined toy story five plemmonade who went in there and said, I'm Jesse Plemmons and i am not here for a long time, but I'm pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, Conan's in the movie the whole second half the entire movie. Grete Lee's Leipad's spotted, but also in the whole movie, so it's hard to decide.
Speaker 2: Like Tony Ratzenberger, Tony.
Speaker 1: Hale is fourky made me laugh twice. He has like three lines in the whole movie. So maybe Tony Hale is.
Speaker 2: Forky dim z Behinder. I think it's Ratzenberger's only line in the movie. It is crazy. I believe that they have saved up some voice over stuff from like Don Rickles. He still using the Don Rickles.
Speaker 1: No, they had, they had Jeff Bergman as mister potato Head and Anna Osino as Missus potato Head. Our original potato Heads have since.
Speaker 2: Pasted, right, but let's just slap AI. Sure that would make a movie about, you know, people being afraid of technology, really really funny. Half of the voice cast is Ai. We decided to use Jim Varney again as Slinky, even though we've replaced them. I don't know any of our other hot Dog things.
Speaker 1: A quarter world above or below.
Speaker 2: It's above barely. It's still a solid story.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sink.
Speaker 2: It does not sink. Max Credit Union. Everybody Mack loves this movie.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm not giving credit to anyone for this one.
Speaker 2: Conan O'Brien, let's jump to this for those of you targety to the Mac and Goop party. We write everything on a forty hot Dog rating system. And while there are some things that I can point to and say I don't love this, I'm not a fan of this. My son loved it. I enjoyed once again. Pixar does an amazing job with these toy story movies. Is it the best toy story movie?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Would I take it over for I think I would because I like the human element of it. I like the idea of us actually focusing on the owner of the toys again, and I really like how they put the little button on Jesse's story of Jesse always wondering, like, what's the point of us being toys? And then she sees the forever impact that she has on her first owner. I really enjoyed that. Thirty three hot.
Speaker 1: Dogs ough, gross goo gross. You kind of hit the nail on the head here talking about a toy story. This is not a toy story. This is a Bonnie story. This story does not like Bonnie, I like any semblance, like its toy dynamics at all. It's too much human, not enough toy. This movie was so lazy it made me appreciate Toy Story three, which I.
Speaker 2: Have notably hated to three great.
Speaker 1: This movie is not bad, don't get me wrong, and that's kind of the reason I hate it, because it's so lazy. They took no chances they preyed upon a theme that every parent for the last fifteen years has been talking about worried about. It's fifteen years too late. It's fucking lazy, It's really lazy. I just I couldn't. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I also don't think it's a terrible movie, So do with that, you must. I got it smack dab in the middle of all the movies I've seen this year, because there's been a lot of nuts of good movies this year, other child slash family movies I've seen this year. The Sheep detectives better, Hoppers better, Super Mario Galaxy worse, So it's better than Super Very Galaxy. I got it at twenty seven Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess the one thing that we can talk about right now is that for Toy Story six, let's see here, what's this fellow's name? Andrew Stanton has already suggested that it'll be the end of Bonnie's story, so that you have the two trilogies. I do question that because Bonnie is barely in four, and also she's more of the child in three than Andy is, so this is kind of her trilogy here. This would have been a nice time to get off.
Speaker 1: And I also agree it's a fitting sort of conclusion to the Bonnie story, like what are you gonna do the andy stuff from one and two that you already did for Bonnie in the next movie.
Speaker 2: Like Bonnie goes to college and she's like, I'm gonna bring Jesse. No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Here's my new toy. Hint it's a vibrator. Good Jesus. Yeah like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I just I like three soured me on toy Stories. Four wrote me back in, I love that more than most. This has soured me once again. I just don't want. I don't want the laziness in what was, at least in my mind, one of the three four best franchises ever. You have two forty doggers off the rip toy storing Toy Story, two people Love Toy Story. Three people are morons, not me. I love Toy Story. Four people are morons, not me. This is just I don't know. It fits oddly in it doesn't fit.
Speaker 2: I would argue this higher than four.
Speaker 1: No, it's not even close.
Speaker 2: Did you also notice that Key and Peel hate each other so much that neither of their voices are in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get a cameo at the beginning and then maybe briefly at the end as well. They help out in that opening scene, no voice is heard from either of them.
Speaker 2: What a split, What a terrible, terrible split. I've seen rumors about why they've split.
Speaker 1: It's not rumors, it's not rumors.
Speaker 2: Is it confirmed?
Speaker 1: Keag and Michael Key's wife is a fucking insane person. That is why everything has follow up. That's why he's doing allegedly, no, not allegedly.
Speaker 2: So on the year, i'd probably have it like top six. I've only seen seven movies.
Speaker 3: Though I've seen twenty three and now time for what you have on been waiting for the yet right now, when the streets are paved with gold, we don't want no dead Woofer's only ducky shine cracker A fuddy duddy may do, but no gobbledy gook. Only the best of the best will be taken in the draft. But not just any old draft. It's the macking.
Speaker 2: Ool draft toy story. The movie. Have you heard of it?
Speaker 1: I've heard of it.
Speaker 2: Have you came out in nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 1: Yep? Second Waking Out ninety nine ripe age of six, yes, some age as your son. It's oh wow. And I went to Burger King around that time because I remember getting the big Kid's meal toy for toy story. How about that? Does that make you feel weird now thinking about that? Your child? Things that are happening right now, your child is gonna remember forever.
Speaker 2: That's why I am trying to not be a bad father. I do my best. It's tough. I'm like, what will he remember about these times? And I'm long dead? All right, Mac, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: We're gonna do. We're gonna draft a toy box here, five toys each and on our toy story five. And the only rules we have here about the toys drafted is they loosely had to be around when we were children, roughly nineties toys. Sure, anything made before is good. Also, they cannot be like a video game system. They can be electronic, but they can't be like a defined video machism anti technology connects to a computer. And what was the other one I gave you? I forget what the other one was.
Speaker 2: I gave you said we had to loosely have it by nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also it's something that you would like store when you're done with it doesn't stay out right, It like goes into stores, goes into you like a toy box. Good would you like first pick? Would you like me to flip? What's going on here?
Speaker 2: I would like you to flip? And while you do that, answer my question calling tilS tails always it's head It says, okay, so what do you want?
Speaker 1: Let me take a look at my stupid list.
Speaker 2: My other question is when we're drafting this, are we drafting an entire toy line or specific toys within the line that then create our toy story gang. If we left the room, they had to then duke it out to see who's the fucking leader of the group.
Speaker 1: If let me let me put it this way, if this makes sense to you, and I think it will, Like, if you draft the Ninja Turtles, you get the four Ninja Turtles, but you don't get like their accessories. You have to then draft their accessories, all right, you can't have the Turtles and the van. If you draft like the Power Ranger flip figures, you get the five Power Rangers as well, but you don't get all their extra stuff. So Okay, does that make sense to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does. Okay, so you're picking first.
Speaker 1: No, I'll go second here, goot, Okay, I got a top three that I really like, so I'll go second.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I do have some that if you try and draft, I'm gonna stamp you and say no, get out of here. Okay, sure, I will take with my first overall pick.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: This is tough. I'm trying to think of what was at the head of my toy box in nineteen ninety five when this movie came out, and I'm gonna say at that time it was Mighty More from Power Rangers. I will take the Megazord from Mighty More from Power Rangers.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Yeah, that's a that's a good that's a great draft pick. I'm not gonna say good, that's a great.
Speaker 2: Draft Not only do you get this sweet robot with a sword and a mammoth shields, you can take it apart.
Speaker 1: Now you're short of pingeon hole on yourself here, because you need the megazar to fight to get something right if you in your make believe world. But that's fine, it's a great draft pick. You're probably gonna gonna end up with something pretty.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna ask you, are you allowed to draft something else from Power Rangers or are all Power Rangers out the window now?
Speaker 1: No, I'm allowed to draft other things from Power Rangers.
Speaker 2: That's a rule that you want to make just so you can also draft a Power Ranger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get them. Fourth, I'm not taking the Power Ranger flip heads right now, dude, with my back to backs here, second pick in the draft. This to me is one of of the two or three and most iconic toys of the nineties. Power Rangers of course, Ninja Turtles, of course, but this being like a known name, non ip just a toy. I'm taking the Fisher Price Great Adventures Castle. I was gonna take that is fucking mint.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what I'm talking about, google it real quick. You either had it or you had a front of had it, and you love this thing. You spent hours thing everywhere. It had that little boulder with the flip wall like the little guy. Fucking it was great. It was great. This little this little set in and of itself. You get you know, little figurines with it, Like you could spend hours of this fucking thing. And then you also could use your other toys to play on it too. Like It's just it was so good. I loved this fucking thing. Then I'm gonna take I don't really know how this fits in because it's a toy, but it's not like an action figure or anything like that. But I'm gonna take NERF Blasters. A NERF Blaster. Let let me have this. You know, if there's a robber that breaks into the house, I'm using my goddamn NERF Blaster to kill this motherfucker. I feel like NERF blas had to go off the board.
Speaker 2: Here, Okay, created in nineteen ninety I'm going with something very very similar. I'm taking the super Soaker.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's not really something I would I would keep in a toy box.
Speaker 2: Well, that's something that I would. My parents wouldn't like that, but I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and then let me type of the Great Adventures Castle.
Speaker 2: So I will go with the super Soaker. And then to go along with my action figures, I've already got my Power Rangers. I will take my four do I do so? Is it just the four main line Turtles from the eighty eight line, or do I get the full the six that came with the original eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Line, so you get Casey Jones and messages out and so it's the four turtles, Shredder, and Splinter and that all came together.
Speaker 2: They didn't come together, but they came out at the same time.
Speaker 1: I'll let you tell I'll let you take them turtles to take them turtle Turtle squad.
Speaker 2: Turtle squad. I'm turtle enough for this turtle party.
Speaker 1: All right. This is this is an interesting one for me here because I don't know specifically how it works in regards to what we're doing. But I'm gonna take the Lego like pirate set. There was like a pirate sort of tree jungle.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing in the nineties, though I think it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, for sure it was. The Pirate sets were crazy in the night is numerous of them. There's a cool castle as well, but I already get a castle. So give me the Lego Pirate sets and I'll pick your favorite one. And now, nah, I have a I'm going to take Optimist Prime Transforming. Optimist Prime.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Give me a transformer specifically, Optimist Prime.
Speaker 2: My next pick, and I never had this, but I wanted it so so badly from the future cross Fire. The cross Fire Crossfire was rad I.
Speaker 1: Would say in regards to to get back to the theme you've opened the show with, gou nothing was over sold more than the game Crossfire. Coolest commercial of all time, one of the most boring games anyone's ever played.
Speaker 2: Well, my next product here had another pretty sweet jingle because the very best thing of all is the counter on this ball. Give me skip it with the digital counter on the inside. That came out in nineteen ninety nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah, and I'll tell you you hate ankles, that's for sure. I hate your ankle. You're hating other people's ankles because not only could you play skip it with the skip It toy, you could then pretend like it's a weapon and start hitting people with it. Um. All right, I think I wasn't sold on what to take here, but I think it just rounds out my toy box. Really well, I'm gonna take the Tomagatchi. Why not?
Speaker 2: So here's my issue with tom Igatchi. It came out in nineteen ninety seven. We said ninety five. I was gonna be lenient with ninety.
Speaker 1: Sex say ninety five, We said loosely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rod is ninety six. I would have given you that one year grace period. You have to go too far. You're going too far?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a bullshit?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What you mean I took the tomagotchi?
Speaker 2: I mean, if that's the case, they give me soccer bompers overskip it. Sure, no, I'm not doing that. Fucking soccer boppers do rule though. That's a toy you buy to punch your friends.
Speaker 1: Well, they used to be called sock em boppers, and then they changed the name soccer boppers. Get it right?
Speaker 2: What was that theme song?
Speaker 1: Now, I'm blanking sock 'em bombers, sockam busters more fun than a pillow fue blow him up?
Speaker 2: Have the time of year in life?
Speaker 1: Uh good? I have a lot on my honorable message.
Speaker 2: I have a ton. Well, first off, let's get through the ones that I put on my list. And then you said don't take video games. So Super Nintendo N sixty four, Sony, PlayStation, Sega, Genesis, game Boy Color. That would have been maybe my first one because that would fit in your toy chest.
Speaker 1: Recognize doesn't connect to a TV, but it's not. It's also not something that you like stored in a toy box. Tom MAGATCHI was kind of borderline.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: It also came out in nineteen ninety eight, and I follow the rules. Sure, I'm a stickler for rules. Ferby nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: No one actually liked Ferby Bop it zipper side, twisted it, twist it, pull It, Tickle me Yelmo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety six though, Okay, so one that you could get and they are heroes, but it's fucking playtime. You can do whatever you want with them. Street Sharks, Yeah.
Speaker 1: This was on my list.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was honorable mention for the next few And like the Street Shocks toys were better than the actual show. The show not that great. The concept of Street Shocks is great. Sharks they're sharks.
Speaker 2: They are I'm sorry, anthropomorphic sharks that have roller blades on big muscular fuckers and they're able to balance on those feet. They have sweet names Ripster Slamu, moby Lick. Moby Lick is in the second line though, X Men, the animated series.
Speaker 1: I was gonna drive just like a Wolverine doll or something. I didn't really know how to go about that.
Speaker 2: There were so like that was the perfect show to put out because for the toy line, just make everything. There's so many mutants. But that also goes for Power Rangers. They had a Monster of the Week and they made a toy for every single monster, every tall bad guy, every small bad guy, every little helper, They're all there. Mac was such a huge fan of Finster.
Speaker 1: I liked the uh the pig that was a pig with human arms and legs. I forget what it was called.
Speaker 2: I forget the name of that one too, but I a couple of years ago I.
Speaker 1: Bought like a Trojan helmet.
Speaker 2: Yes, I bought the like newer, like really well sculpted one. It was on sale for like seven bucks because no one wanted it. And my son's like, oh, is that from Power Range? And I'm like, yeah, it's like, is that from your favorite episode? I'm like, actually, fun fact, my least favorite episode because it was constantly on. It was always was always Goblin food and like the action in that episode stunk. Wow, come on, But it's one of the most recognizable bad guys. It's a fucking pig head with arms and legs in a Trojan helmet and it has a knife and a fork.
Speaker 1: Iconic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely iconic. It's just I hated that episode so much.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, Toy Story five greater than that episode of Power Rangers.
Speaker 2: You can put that on the DVD cover. Toy Story five better than the pig episode of Power Rangers. Okay, all right, mighty morphin Power Rangers. I don't know what the next lineage of Power Rangers do with that character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and speaking of vulnerable mentions, the flip Head toys for Power Rangers were some of the coolest in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Dragonflies.
Speaker 1: Dragonflies are those the pole string things.
Speaker 2: The pole string I know. They also had the ones for girls, like the ballerina things, the ballerina ones, sky sky Dancers, sure, sky answers, the dragonfly ones, though they'll take your eye, oh kid, the.
Speaker 1: First like ten feet It's like facing a Nolan Ryan fastball.
Speaker 2: So I loved the toys for Batman eighty nine. I loved them for the animated series, I loved them for Batman Returns. But the ones that I would nominate as an honorary mention are the ones from Batman Forever, because that is when they got They're like, this movie is four toys. Schumacher, make this movie four toys. There were so many Batman, so many Robins, and the vehicles used in this movie were unbelievable. They had a batplane that doubled as a bat boat.
Speaker 1: I specifically remember having that batmobile with like the blue plastic underneath the engine part, and it was so cool, so cool.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Batman, they released the same bat cave sculpt fifteen times. They would just change the stickers depending on the movie or the property. Yeah, which is crazy. I saw the original one from eighty nine at like an antique toy store and how much you can buy that for?
Speaker 1: How much? Oh sshh?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I had danth I had this five times. I kept on buying it with the new stickers.
Speaker 1: I could have had twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because as you kept on going, they lesser and lesser in value. Polly Pocket slash Mighty Max, Yeah, I had.
Speaker 1: I had quite a few Mighty Max things. And you'd lose your little characters instantly.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly you just have a little clam a.
Speaker 1: Little yeah, little thing you can get your finger caught it.
Speaker 2: Hello man, my name's Mody Max.
Speaker 1: And then they also shortly after that, came out with the shoes with Polly Pocket and Mighty Max in the little bubbles in the shoe.
Speaker 2: I did like, though, is that Turtles? And I think Power Rangers also stole that idea and started making little sets for their characters too.
Speaker 1: The micro sets definitely became popular.
Speaker 2: POGs.
Speaker 1: POGs, Yeah, that's tough one because I don't I'd probably keep it in like a drawer, but it would count. I guess I wouldn't. I wouldn't deny a pog.
Speaker 2: Beanie babies, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Beanie babies. My cousin had like two hundred and twenty of them. She didn't have the complete set, but she had. Her parents spent a lot of money on beanie babies.
Speaker 2: I probably had about fifty. I would say my favorite beanie baby was Ringo the Raccoon. Ring How about you, what's your favorite beanie baby?
Speaker 1: I just always say Chip the Cat.
Speaker 2: Chip the Cat was good. I was a huge fan of the MLB crossover when they made Sammy the Cub, Mark the Cardinal, and Rocket the Blue Jay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I had any beanie babies. I never really bought into the beanieberes.
Speaker 2: Were you alive in the nineties. I had What was I gonna do with oh many beanie babies.
Speaker 1: I couldn't play with them, I couldn't fuck them.
Speaker 2: So I had a purple hippoie, I had a green hippo. I had every animal imaginable. I remember the days of sitting there with my brother and sister saying, imagine if we found Peanut at a Hallmark. Peanut was the original elephant that came out that if you found it worth millions.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're done with your honorable mention.
Speaker 2: We had so many Princess die bears you'd think why not just one? No, no, we were thinking of the future. Yeah, investment moon boots. Those things suck horrible hard, throw them away. I'm surprised you didn't take the action figure line from your favorite movie, water World.
Speaker 1: Didn't know it existed. I'm gonna look that up on eBay afterwards.
Speaker 2: Did you know that the water World action figures us the exact same molds from Robin Hood Menonites More Prince of Thieves.
Speaker 1: One of those two did they make the water World set floatable. Could I play with it in the tub.
Speaker 2: There were so many things, like they had sceneries they had I used to always love that too. Is like, oh, you can get the fucking the morphin zone. What was the Oh the command Center. There we go. You can get the command center. You can get and you had all these like awesome play features and all that stuff. But yes, they had one for water World. So yes, my five toys in my toy box circa nineteen ninety five, the Megazord, the super Soaker, Turtle Squad, turtally enough for this turtle party. That's all four turtles, Splinter and Shredder, Crossfire and skip it.
Speaker 1: Uh goose some of my honorable mentions before I get to my squad. You said all of your honorable I didn't name any of them. I didn't get a word in. You were flying through that.
Speaker 2: I was so excited about Sammy the Cub.
Speaker 1: I loved absolutely trying to demolish any and every character from the stretched Armstrong line.
Speaker 2: You were more into wrestling figures than I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so those and the wrestling pillows to those things are sweet? Uh g I Joe's I was into that I'm stunned you didn't take the Ninja Turtles pizza van to me greater than the Turtle Squad itself, because you can.
Speaker 2: I can't take a megazor in a pizza van.
Speaker 1: I want to actually fight each other.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's crazy, insane.
Speaker 1: Uh go plain simple, I fox with it at your sketch, big, at your sketch, guy white bright yep, sam idea. Uh. You also had easy Bake Oven, which I don't know if you really stored it in the toy box, but you busted it out everyone.
Speaker 2: It does go into your your theory of play with it or fuck it?
Speaker 1: So uh jumping off a christ Air off the easy Bake oven was the little creepy crawlers oven. That thing was fun for ten minutes corners and then I also thought maybe a talkboy, maybe maybe a talkboy might get drafted. But the talkback little yeah, the little the little microphone handheld thing. Uh my five in my toy box was the Great Adventures Castle made by Fisher Price, a Nerf blaster, a Lego Pirate set, Optimus Prime transformers, and ATOMAGATCHI.
Speaker 2: Let's get into mac Sack and mack Sack could be anything it could be a boat. And once again, in honor of toy story five, we are all about fives right now. No, man, Mac this little game called plead the fifth. Okay, I am going to read you. I have a bunch of fifth movies. Yeah, in franchises. Sure if you believe this fifth movie in the franchise is the best of the franchise. Oh you plead the fifth?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: Is that what pleading the fifth means?
Speaker 1: What do I say otherwise? No?
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't think that far ahead. I only ThReD the fifth.
Speaker 1: All right, all right?
Speaker 2: Fast five? No Friday the thirteenth, A New Beginning, No Halloween five, The Revenge of Michael Myers, No Harry Potter in the Order of the Phoenix, No Indiana Jones in the Dial of Destiny. Na, this one is a little tiptoey. You can tell me this does not apply. Jay and Silent Bob strike back. So it's Clerk's Clerks sarrats. No, No, it's Clerk's mal rats chasing Amy Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob strike back.
Speaker 1: And that's all technically the same.
Speaker 2: J Silent bobber in all the movies. It's a shared Universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you could count it. It it. It's not the best one.
Speaker 2: No. Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, No, Medea's Witness Protection, NA, Mission Impossible, Rogue Nation.
Speaker 1: It's close, but no.
Speaker 2: This in Ghost Protocol.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Muppet Treasure Island.
Speaker 1: Fallout's pretty great too. Muppet Treasure Island. If someone made the argument for it, I wouldn't be against it.
Speaker 2: My Treasure Island personally is a no. Look, it's not the best and maybe it's coming too close to the end of the popularity of the Muppets. This one is super fun.
Speaker 1: It's so fun, so fun.
Speaker 2: You know what else is fun? The Muppets put out an album and they did Kocomo great too. It's not easy being Green Mac A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Dream Child.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Rocky five could be the worst movie all time? And a Scary Movie five?
Speaker 1: Oh I meant, I meant no for Rocky five. Na. Have I seen Scary Movie five? Is that the new one?
Speaker 2: That is the one with Shack? Or is Shack? And four?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I've seen Scary Movie five.
Speaker 2: Either four or five opens with Shaq and doctor Phil in a saw scenario and Shack has to shoot a free throw to save their life.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've seen that.
Speaker 2: And a Shack couldn't shoot free throws his hands were too bad. That was the joke of the scenario scream V No, here's where it gets a little sticky again. Star Wars episode two, Attack of the Clones or episode five The Empire Strikes Back.
Speaker 1: No, it would be a release order episode two Attack of the Clones.
Speaker 2: No Toy Story five, No Transformers, The Last Night, No, ed Helm's twenty fifteen vacation. No. And finally, this is another sticky situation. Is it X Men first Class or X Men Days of Futures Past?
Speaker 1: So it would be either the Wolverine or X Men first class. So it's no.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, it wouldn't. So it's no, it's one of those two. It's do you include the Wolverine movies in the X Men lineage because if you don't. So, if you do, then it's Stays of Future. Sorry, then it's first class.
Speaker 1: If you do, it's the Wolverine because it's Origins. It's the three movies Origins than the Wolverine. Oh, then it's first class, first class. That's what I'm saying, yeah, first class came up before the Wolverine. What I'm telling you is, if you include Wolverines, then it's first class. If you don't, then it's future's past. The answer is yes, there probably either way.
Speaker 2: No, you can't, you can't have it. But either way I have first class.
Speaker 1: In future past. They're completely different. I love them both for what they do and don't do. First class fucking great. First class is the future past too. But the issue is that if you're in I would say first class greater than slightly.
Speaker 2: If you're including the Wolverine movies, then Logan is in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not the fifth movie.
Speaker 2: But we're saying it's the best of the franchise. Oh oh oh, this is the sticky situation that where Now, this is the closest that we've gotten to confused, twenty seven fifth movies in we have finally gotten into a sticky situation.
Speaker 1: All right, so I'm still not sure. Good. I'm gonna give you one that you don't even bring up, Uh, the Mad Max universe. The fifth movie in that is Furiosa, a Mad Max story that is the best movie. It's not in the Mad Max universe.
Speaker 2: So what do you say? So, what do you say?
Speaker 1: I plead the fit.
Speaker 2: Where can the folks find us?
Speaker 1: You can find us on X and Instagram, at Mac and gooo podcast every of the platform. We are mac ampersand goots, macrim That includes Facebook, stitcht tune and castbark Speaker who will play iHeartRadio. We're on Spotify. More importantly, Apple Podcast. Get on their rate review suscribe five stars. If you do that, we will talk about water Town sportswear Watertown Sports for a thirty four mile Abad Street in Watertown, Watertownsports, war dot com expert screen printing and embroidery.
Speaker 2: Tapublic dot com check mac out. On Monday, he's gonna be talking San Diego Comic com.
Speaker 1: I thought it was CinemaCon this weekend.
Speaker 2: It's San Diego Comic Con, okay, and we've already gotten one pretty sweet trailer that was for clay Face, So.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, Sku. I think this was astute point made by Eric Voss of New rock Stars. If they were to release the Doomsday trailer before this weekend, which.
Speaker 2: They did, they're gonna do another one.
Speaker 1: They must be saving something big for the weekend Doomsday.
Speaker 2: Because they are back in haull Ah for the first time since twenty twenty four. They skipped a year and they said, Fig said this. We only go to comic Con when we have something big to show people. Yeah, so I'm Max men ax Men excited.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be right.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be Tuesdays or Guesdays. I abused, kangaroos, Tam Burton.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines. Zugi Zugi, Zugi Zugi.