Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 5: Now your pre game host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Bull Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this scorching hot Saturday August the first hope you're caping cool wherever you are in southern California and beyond as you're Los Angeles Dodgers sixty nine and forty one on the season, first place a top the NL West. They currently have an eleven game lead atop the division. After dropping the series opener of Boston last night, the Dodgers are back at it tonight. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first betrim Cloth Field.
Speaker 2: That Dodger Stadium is coming up at six ten.
Speaker 6: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck. Over the next hour, you're gonna hear from both managers. Yes, coming up in twenty minutes, Dodger skipper Dave Roberts coming up in forty five minutes. David Vase goes high and tight with Chad Tracy, the intro manager of the Boston Red Sox, will check in with dv of course throughout the hour, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by Kirsten Watson from Sports and at La whill was to visit with it. In just a little bit, we got your ow Tony rewind and in just a cop pull minutes we will head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth with Tim NEVERERTT and Rick Monday Well. Last night, the Dodgers went with the bullpen game in this series opener against Boston, and Guardo Enriquez got the start as the opener. He put up his zero and didn't turn it over to Big Will Klein, who struggled in his turn on the mound, went out walked and a throwing air followed by a Jaron Durant RBI single. Just like that, the Red Sox jumped out to a one to nothing lead. Him the third climb lowered the bases the pair of hits and a hit by pitch. The Yoshidi then hit a sharp happer to first. Freddie Freeman misplayed it, two runs scored. Red Sox had a three nothing in the lead. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, had trouble figuring out Red Sox starter Ranger Swarez. Finally, the second time around, in the fourth, Freddie Freeman singled in the first Dodger run of the game. Dodgers down three to one. Then of the fifth, the Dodgers again put runners on first and second for Alfonso.
Speaker 7: Tevanni Moran, the LEFTI warmingman in the Boston bullpen. Now the one too. Alfonso hooks run up the middle in the center field for a hit. Tucker rounding third and he's gonna score and I retron the second base and.
Speaker 2: Q Hernandez is thrown out.
Speaker 6: Harbi single for Alfonso that made it a three to two game. Kicky Hernandez thrown out back picked at second base after a pitching James. The next batter show Hey Odani two run home run and the Dodgers with a four to to lead. Well, the Dodgers reliever Cole Irving, just called up from TRIPLEA, took down a bulk of the innings. He put up his zeros on the scoreboard until the seventh. Then a leadoff walk to Nick Soguard. Then it was trouble.
Speaker 8: L Fiella in from the right side two for three. Tonight, I stole them base in a run score pitch swung on and drill deep left field toward the bullpen. This ball is gone and the scorers flipped again. The Red Sox have taken the lead. A two run home run for today and Rafaela his twelfth of the year, and it's a one run lead, and that leadoff walk comes back to hurt boy.
Speaker 6: He did Rafaello with a four hundred and five foot shot to left field that put the Red Sox back in front five to four. That's the top tier play of the game, probly to by ARCO quality. Top tier gas were less and that was just at the beginning of it turned out to be a disastrous seventh inning for Cole Irvin. Andrew Monasterterio a two RBI doubled, and Jared Duranton RBI ground out the Red Sox scored five runs on five hits and the seventh inning alone to flip the scoreboard in their favor. An eight to four lead, Boston would add one more in the night. This Cole Irvin had to take it last night. He pitched the rest of the way to save the bullpen. Irvin gave up six runs on eight hits over six innings over relaf as the bulk inning guy struck out five along the way. Started off well, didn't end well for him in his first outing in.
Speaker 2: The majors since twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Red Sox go on and win the series opener last night by final of nine to four. Dodgers now sixty nine and forty one on this season, and they're back at it tonight, game two of this three game series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain, first pitch at six ten, and with more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast. But as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Another gorgeous night here at Uniglo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Great night for a ball game. In a middle game of this three game set between the Dodgers and the Boston Red Sox. The Red Sox the hottest team in Major League Baseball, coming off their best ever month of July is a frame winning twenty one of twenty five, and it's the highest winning percentage in any single month in team history, eighty four percent of the time they won the ball game. They're fifty eight and fifty one, six back in the division, but up three in the wild Card. They're in the second spot in the American League. Meantime, the Dodgers sixty nine and forty one, can become the first major league team to get to seventy wins tonight. They are eleven games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League Western Division. Pitching matchup with Yoshinobu Yamamoto going. He's eleven and six. He has been very very good since the All Star Break, winning both of those decisions, and prior to that, in his last eleven starts, he's eight and three. He'll go against left hander Peyton Totley, the twenty three year old out of TCU six and six with a three to three to two ERA. He has been one of the prize prospects for the Red Sox and now a regular in their rotation at just age twenty three. So we'll see Peyton totally against Yamamoto tonight. As the Dodgers to find a way, mall to get some runs and win this ball get.
Speaker 9: Well, we can look at the standings and see the Dodgers. Yes, they come in tonight eleven game lead in front of the second place Arizona Diamondbacks to and make that thirteen in front of San Diego the nationally Western Division. But if you do you look at the bottom line, the Dodgers have not played particularly well. Yes, Boston won last night's ball game. They played a much better game than the Dodgers. And again we saw some poor base running. We saw a couple of bears, we saw late cover at first base, we saw a throw going to the wrong base from the outfield, and the Dodgers only had nine at bats with runners in scoring position compared to seventeen by the Boston Red Sox. So the Dodgers they need to get it in gear little different lineup than Dave Roberts has tonight against the left handed starter, and that means that Kicky Hernanaz is going to be and left Taoscar Hernanaz moves to right field, and for Miguel Rojas he will be at shortstop at least at the beginning Tonight. Mookie Benz will get a breather.
Speaker 8: As far as records aren't concerned, for each team are ahead of pace from where they've been in the last two seasons, both World Championship seasons. But last year they didn't get to win number seventy until the sixteenth of August, and the year before that, in twenty four it was the twelfth of August when they reached win number seventy. This is the first of August and they're on the cusp of doing it now, so they're ahead of their win pace and for Boston, interestingly for them, this is the third straight season that after one hundred and nine games they have the exact same fifty eight and fifty one record.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've had a remarkable turnaround. There's no mfns a bunch about it. Since Chad Tracy has taken over the helm and from Boston, they've won seven of their last ten. Coming in talking about records, that Dodgers have to figure out a better way to do it against left handed starters. They have lost six of the last eight games and the left he has started against them.
Speaker 8: Two of the Dodger left handed hitters have been hot. Freddie Freeman ten game hitting strake. He's raised his average twenty points in the last ten games, going twenty out of forty one, and show Hey Otani is eight for his last sixteen with four doubles and two home runs and six runs batted inpluting another double in a home run last night. So Otani and Freeman hope to stay hot in the lineup tonight for the Dodgers as they look to even up this series with the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 6: Stim All right, thank you guys, as we be couning you down to first. Bitch Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order that Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. All right, coming up here on Morogo Casino, Dodgers on deck again. You're gonna hear from both managers, Dave Roberts, Dodger skipper, coming up at about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Coming up at about five forty five.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear from Chad Tracy Intro, manager for the Boston Red Sox, will dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. Charlie Steiner stops by your magical moment. D V of course checks in throughout the hour. But up next, you're Otani, Yu, Ree Ryan and Kirsten Watson from sports Net LA. Busy hour coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers in Red Sox on this hot Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson. This is back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: Hi, It's sho Helo Tani.
Speaker 5: This is dog just on deck.
Speaker 2: Listen to every game on the hight Hut Radio.
Speaker 6: Up, Yes, lead you up to Dodgers and the Red Side on this hot Saturday night here in southern California. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Peyton Tolly the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up in sixten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 7: Now on one and two, Otani hook's a line drive base hit that's gonna go to the wall. Otani is on his way to second base, sliding in feet perch with a double and now.
Speaker 10: The two to one fly ball. Talk about going a long way. It is on the way and gone a two run home runs sho hey o'tani twenty fourth of the year, and the Dodgers have take in the leave show.
Speaker 6: Hey Old Tony goes two for five with a double and his twenty fourth home run of the season last night's couple of ribbies. His two run home run the fifth gave the Dodgers a lead, but that was short lived as the Red Sox came back rallied to beat the Dodgers last night by final of nine to four.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kirston now joins us brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today and that car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now with Cars for Kids Doc Org. That's Cars with a KA, all right, Kirsten. Dodgers lost the first game of this series against the Red Sox last night. Cole Irvin called up and he soaked up a lot of innings for the Dodgers last night, and that was something you could applaud for what he did.
Speaker 11: Right, You really you have to when you look at just where the Dodgers are at right now, they're in the middle of ninth straight. They're about to go onto a road trip where they're gonna be arriving really late into Chicago. And you know, obviously we know the bullpen has had some struggles as of late. But when you have someone who can step in, especially when you have another key arm, he's going on the il. So that was brock Stewart yesterday, so fo cold to step in provide some length. And even when you look at how his outing started, you know he was cruising. It wasn't until that seventh inning where things really just piled up on him. It was the walk and then the two run homer and then it just felt like one thing kind of led to another. But for him, it was his first time being back in the big league since twenty twenty four, so just on a personal achievement, like he.
Speaker 2: Has worked so hard.
Speaker 11: Trible a he had the best team era for the OKC comments and even I should say, I think Lee era for the PCL. So you know, he had put himself in a position to come back to the big leagues and he did what he needed to do. When he showed that, you know, hope it could be for the Dodgers or maybe another team that he does deserve an opportunity again. So whether it was the results, he did put this team in a very good situation. It had a special experience for himself as an Orange County kid putting on the Dodgers' uniform. So all good things now setting up for the rest of this series, putting the Dodgers in a really good position to come back and have a chance to win this series.
Speaker 6: Speaking of being in a good position the Dodgers injury wise, we've already gotten keyk back and when Diaz is back now closing out games for the Dodgers, and that next wave of injured Dodgers seems to be getting closer exactly.
Speaker 11: So today we actually got to see Blake trying to heat through a live through an inning, and so Dave Roberts was sharing that this is the second one he's had this week. So the next step for him is going to be going out on his rehab assignment. Then he'll kind of build up with his progression. Do we get back to back and up down likely till he's ready to return. Then you've got Tyler Glass now who's also going to be starting his rehab assignment. It sounds like his start date will be on Tuesday. So you've got guys who are beginning that next step in their progression, and then you have someone else like Blake Snell who's out on the back end of his rehab assignment. He only has one more outing the hope for him to get through five innings up to the seventy five pitch account range. He was excellent in his last and with nine strikeouts through four innings of work, so you know he's in a really good spot. They just want one one more from him before he's ready to return. And then you have Will Smith, so not necessarily ready for his rehab assignment just yet, but he's progressing and building really good days right now and he's pain free. So yesterday he was in the cage. Even Tioscar Handas was telling us just how excited he was for Will to be able to have that next step in his progression. Today he's on the field, a unique on field Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: He was doing some sprint work and running.
Speaker 11: So just for him continuing to stack good days, not necessarily as close to a rehab assignment, I'm sure he'll need to kind of get on the field, do a batting practice, maybe take part in the live before he's ready. But just the fact that he's progressing in the confidence that the organization has in him to return is very high, So you can only take that as a positive for Will Smith.
Speaker 6: All good news with the Dodgers as far as the injury front. His concerned as the guys keep coming back and trickling back in to that Dodgers club OUs Karisten, We appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Still to come here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. Wellly hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll also hear from the Red Sox manager Chad Tracy. That's coming up with high and tight. But up next an injury report. As we leads up to Dodgers and Red Sox on this Saturday night, first pitch at six ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 5: Deck on your home for the Blue All season log.
Speaker 6: Wargo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday night as we leads up to first pitch Dodgers in Red Sox Marogo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu, ya'm a motto on the mountain to night. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. As we talked with Kirson about a few minutes ago, the Dodgers are getting hell at the right time. Well not brock Stewart. He was placed on the injury list last night with the right shoulder discomfort. Just ten tonight is in that shoulder, hopes to be a shorter Iel Stent, Blake trying it is progressing on the i L with the right elbow inflammation.
Speaker 2: He threw to hitters today.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass now it's going to go out on a rehab assignment on Tuesday in Ontario. Will Smith, as Kirsten alluded to, is feeling better doing baseball activities. It's gonna lead probably three to four weeks to ramp up and get back to the major league.
Speaker 2: So he's a little bit of ways away.
Speaker 6: Blake Snell one more rehab starting Triple A Oklahoma City on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: So that is certainly good news. Let's heap back out to the stadium and check in with the dodgerscoverer.
Speaker 1: Anything else with.
Speaker 12: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 13: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So Cole was great. We are going to make a move, so we're bringing Kyle Hurt. Kyle Hurt will be uh, you know, Cole did a great job, but we need to obviously backfill, you know, an arm some length. So Kyle will be here and there might be ah, we brought Mills, the right hander. We might have another impending move as well, but I don't want to divulge that quite yet.
Speaker 1: Are you looking into something?
Speaker 14: There might be a little I L situation.
Speaker 5: We saw Will Smith the growing today.
Speaker 2: How is he doing with.
Speaker 1: This overall progression?
Speaker 14: Overall progression good? Certainly having the time that we still do have, we feel really good about it. And I think for me is the main thing is that he's pain free. And so if he keeps being pain free, Uh, he's in the weight room, so he's building some strength and now he's kind of being more active, so all all signs are good.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: When we come back here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with David Vase the very latest on the Major League Baseball trade deadline, which is coming up Monday afternoon.
Speaker 2: We're the Dodgers sitting right now.
Speaker 6: We'll get the very latest as we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and Red Sox. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Red Sox squaring off on this Saturday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Dodgers Baseball brought to my Ilpatel, born in LA and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsa's hot sauces right to your table every single time.
Speaker 2: El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger insider David vas all right in the last five minutes, so I'm moving in. Shake in two down or two up, one down, one to the injured list for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you knew something was coming today after the Dodgers went with a bullpen game and used a couple of different arms, including Cole Irvin, who was recalled from Oklahoma City before the game yesterday, and Will Klein who just hasn't been himself the last couple of months. And Will Klein was placed on the injured list with right elbow discomfort and Cole Irvin was designated for an assignment. The Dodgers recall Wyatt Mills, who has been with the Dodgers two different times already this season, and also Kyle Hurt out of USC who had to go down and work on something. So you hope that he figured that out as well. Earlier today, I did talk to Cole Irvin and he was in great spirits tim. He understood the situation. He's from Servite, he was a grounds crew assistant when he was in high school at Angels Stadium, and he was just readful for the opportunity to be able to pitch for the Dodgers last night. He enjoyed his time in Oklahoma City, and he's hopeful that he can clear waivers and returned to the Dodger organization. But he understood what was going on. He was expecting this, so no surprises. Everybody understands just how you're able to replenish the arms at the major league level these days.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. Looking at the lineup tonight, DV a little different.
Speaker 2: Where's Mookie, Where's Kyle?
Speaker 4: Well, they're on the bench watching tonight because both guys are struggling. Mookie Betts in the month of July hit about a buck eighty and at home, both those guys are struggling. I went into detail about that with Kyle Tucker yesterday, and Mookie Betts isn't much better at home this He's hitting under two hundred at Dodgers Stadium this season, So it's a good day to sit both those guys.
Speaker 13: David.
Speaker 6: Look at the trade deadline on Monday, three o'clock Pacific. The clock is ticking around Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: What are you hearing now, Well, the Dodgers are among teams that are still sorting things out with the Detroit Tigers. They have interest in Trek Scoubele. They have not given up hope that they may be the team that matches up with the Tigers. The Braves, the Rays, and the Brewers are the other teams as well that are going to be aggressive as we get closer to that deadline on Monday at three o'clock Pacific time. Clay Holmes is still a person of interest for the Dodgers as well, And obviously Eric Lower and Alex call are not hiding their heads in the sand. They're very aware of the reports that are out there that the Dodgers may have a roster and they may be able to help the Dodgers replenish their farm system, especially if the Dodgers trade away prospects in a possible Schoobal deal.
Speaker 6: All right, dv Tonight Dodgers Red Sox, second game of this three game series. We are in Los Angeles. Celebrities everywhere, but a lot of Hollywood.
Speaker 2: In the house tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about this? Anthony Anderson was in the house for batting practice so is Jason Sedekis Ted Lasso was here a great guy, humble guy, got to meet him. And also in the house baseball wise tonight, Tim the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw will be here with his family. Earlier today he was giving out backpacks and school supplies to kids from the LAUSD So him and his family will be here tonight. And so is Mariachi Joe, who certainly had his moments with the eighteen Red Sox and a big Dodger favorite, Dodger fan favorite. So we got a lot of people in the house to watch Dodgers Red Sox tonight.
Speaker 6: A star studded affair. All right, DVI Grey Stuff'll check back you with you in just a little bit. Still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from Chad Tracy, that is the intro manager of the Boston Red Sox. We'll dive deeper this pitching matchup, but up next for Dodgers magical moment. So it leads you up to Dodgers in Red Sox on this hot Saturday night here in southern California. I have Tim kase Is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 5: Nowork, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers in a Red Sox squaring off Game two of this three game set. Yosheonobu Yamamoto Peyton totally the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers for both these guys. Coming up in just a little bit, we'll hear from Chad Tracy, intro manager for the Red Sox as well. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 4: Up here, who wants to cut?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfy Magical moment. Pitch Magical get by Hawkey Hot Toots. Well the Dodgers taking on the Red Sox. We go back two years July twentieth, twenty twenty four, a late Saturday afternoon out at the Ravine. It was a back and forth game between the Dodgers and the Red Sox. Gavin Lux homered early. Key k Hernandez tied the game at four with the dramatic solo home run to send it to extra innings. Then in the tenth inning, Andy Pajz and Rbi double Key k Hernandez in an RBI single that tied the game again at six, sending it to the eleventh inning.
Speaker 2: Red Sox didn't score in the.
Speaker 6: Top of the eleventh, bottom of the eleventh runners on for will Smith.
Speaker 8: Both the outfielders very shallow of Bray who is in right and dran Is in left. Two zero pitch swing, hot.
Speaker 4: Pace at Dodgers win, Dodgers win, Dodgers win. In eleven innings, Will Smith comes up.
Speaker 8: With his sixth career walk off, him and the Dodgers winning extras.
Speaker 4: Seven to six, and they have won the first two games of this series with.
Speaker 13: The Red Sox.
Speaker 4: Oh, how do you like that? So much strategy?
Speaker 12: So many movements of the Dodgers as an offense have been so quiet for a game and a half pretty much of the last three innings. A different story of different monsters, a lot of fights, quality at bats.
Speaker 4: They get the big dummy.
Speaker 6: Dodgers get the way back in twenty twenty four, coming back multiple times from a deficit in the ninth to tenth, and then they win in the eleventh by final of seven to six. Hofey magical moment brought to by Hafey Hot Talks Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Haffey hot Dogs local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on rogo because you know, Dodgers on deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner. Don't forget hear from the manager Chad Tracy of the Red Sox coming up in about fifteen minutes, and all this as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and re So. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Know what this is, Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: On your home for the blue all season long law.
Speaker 6: Get you ready for the Dodgers and Red Sox on this scorching Saturday afternoon, soon to be evening. Here insud of California, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, on the mount of time. Now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, it's game one hundred and eleven. Dodgers getting pasted last night nine to four by the Red Sox and now we seemo what that team is all about in Boston.
Speaker 9: Well, they ain't had a big turnaround. Obviously, they changed their manager. They have included the manager and coaches. They have six that have the label of introm But in that interim, my gosh, what a job that they've done. They've won twenty six to the last thirty one ball games, and you know they're already in the America League Wild Card up on that end of it and desperately trying to move and higher in the American League Eastern Division. I think last night, too, Charlie, is what we saw is that we saw a combination of what the Red Sox did and what the Dodgers did not do. And you know, for the third game in this homestand there's been some really bad base running. There were a couple of beers, there was a failure to cover first adequately, there was a throw to the wrong base, and for the Dodgers, they allowed seventeen at bats with runners in scoring position of the Red Sox while they had just nine themselves.
Speaker 7: It was a bullpen game, and always those connotations when there is a bullpen game, but the first time we got a chance to see Cole Irvin, all things being equal, in his Dodger debut. He did a pretty good job and he let basically the rest of the bullpen get the night off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, he took one for the team and if you look at the numbers, said, whoa what are you talking about? He went six innings, gave up five runs on eight hits, including a home run. Yes, but he was pressed into action and even when you know, maybe he would have been relieved in certain situations in a ball game to goo a left hand or right handed depending upon who's coming up to bat. It was saved the bullpen night. So you know, the Dodgers only had to use after Edgardo Henriquez started the game. He was the quote unquote opener, which I still have a difficult time even uttering that word. But then Kline, Irvin and then Phillips, so it was rather economical as far as the usage of the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 7: Klein however, has had some issues in his last six avenues.
Speaker 9: Yeah he has, and you know, we're still waiting to see what's what's going to happen. There were a couple of different roster changes. One was kind of delayed to see what was going on. We'll wait until game time to see exactly what that's going to do in the meantime. In the Endroum, if you're looking at things, yes, the Dodgers are comfortable leading the Western Division eleven games in front of Arizona. But the level of play going into the All Star Break and now really coming off the All Star Break in particular this homestand has not been overwhelming.
Speaker 7: It used to be the expression presentation. The Dodgers' presentation on the field in the last three weeks to a month hasn't been very good. And I'm sure they're glad July is finally over.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think of one word inconsistent, and that's exactly what it appears to have been in all different areas of One night it's the defense, another night of is the offense.
Speaker 13: Another night it might be the pitching.
Speaker 9: But the base running has not been well up to the level of what we normally see the Dodgers do. And there's no offense of us. I mean, they're still head and shoulders against a bunch of other ball clubs. But when you're making mistakes against the club like the Boston Red Sox right now that are red hot, and boy, you can underline that one. You cannot afford to make mistakes because the Dodgers look at other teams that make mistakes to get them and they just kind of lick their chops because it's an added.
Speaker 7: Bonus the Dodgers eleven in front of Arizona and thirteen in front of San Diego. An update today on Will Smith, who's been out for quite a while with that pain in the neck and he's not going to be back anytime soon.
Speaker 9: No, they were always asked about it. Today he said, well, he's in the weight room, he's doing some things. We don't see him doing those things that we're hearing about. But for Roberts said, look, we're looking at another three to four weeks. Now, that's all well and good in theory, but three or four weeks, I mean that's what spring training is all about. And if you're not up to speed right now in order to go to that quote unquote spring training, I would imagine it's going to be more than three or four weeks.
Speaker 7: And if it's three or four weeks, it's September we're looking at before he can realistically return. And then be able to play any sort of number of games in a row as he gets back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and we're looking at things too. I'm in the countdown. For example, as you mentioned, this is game number one hundred and eleven, so sixty eight percent of the season has already been completed. You know, you're kind of looking at a precursor to postseason if you have an extended period of time remaining on the injured list.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers in Red Sox from Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles, uniclothed Field at Dodgers Stadium. Lineup's the first pitch coming up?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is presented by our friends at Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclow Field or Uniclon dot com slash you still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Yoshinova Yamamoto going for twelfth win of the season. Tim and rickle out the keys of the game. But up next we go behind enemy lines over to the Red Sox clubhouse into their manager's office. Chad Tracy, the intra manager, go high and tie with him. Next, as we leads up to first pitch, I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Red Sox getting ready to square off Game two of this three game interleague series from the Ravine Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Peyton Totlly. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers and Red Sox have a long lineage and intersections over the course of the last twenty five years. And there's another one at Dodgers Stadium. Jim Tracy, former Dodgers manager in the early two thousands, has a son now managing the Red Sox, and I know on the East Coast they believe that everything starts over there. But this guy right here is a proud Pepperdine wave. Not many on the East Coast know that this guy right here when the WCC Player of the Year while living the good life out there in Malibu and going to the Malibu in and having a great time. Chad Tracy as our guest, Thanks a lot for the time and great to have you back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 13: That's cool to be back, David. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: So what was when is the last time you were here? I'm just curious. You've been grinding, so I'm wondering when was the last time you came here.
Speaker 15: To be honest with you, I was thinking standing out here during bpsday trying to think of when was the last time I was at a game here, And I truly think it was probably when my dad was here. It's probably been twenty years since I've been to a game here, unless I'm missing one in there somewhere. But it's been a really long time and really cool to come back and see the station.
Speaker 4: They obviously have done some renovations to the ballpark, but it feels like they've kept the integrity. Have you noticed the changes.
Speaker 13: Definitely see the changes, for sure. It doesn't. Yeah, Egger depart feels the same when you like stand.
Speaker 15: Out and center and look around and see it it.
Speaker 13: It doesn't.
Speaker 15: They didn't mess with any of what makes it so great, which is cool. And I know there's additions and things that I've seen around that make it modernized in some way, But when you look at the stadium itself, it's just as cool as it always was.
Speaker 4: When your dad was managing, you were in high school and college.
Speaker 13: You have a combination of the two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what do you remember the most being around a big league clubhouse when you were in high school in college?
Speaker 13: That was the cool part about it.
Speaker 15: I was I was old enough to like be here and come here and like hang out here and take BP And I remember catching you know, Ganye and Mota would throw bullpens. I'd help out the bullpen catchers and catch pens because I was obviously a catcher.
Speaker 13: I was kind of when I.
Speaker 15: Would come in, I'd kind of just immerse myself and stuff that was going on because I was old enough to do it, you know. So it was it was obviously it's Dodger Stadium. It's really cool, but I was old enough to remember all of it. I was old enough to like engage with the guys and the players and take ground balls and just do different stuff, and it.
Speaker 13: Was just a really really cool, cool chapter in my life. For sure.
Speaker 4: I actually do remember you coming to the ballpark and lugging that big Pepperdine catchers back around.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was, I was doing it.
Speaker 15: I was probably doing it a bit less. So once I was the first Cup place one, one, two, and three, I was still in high school, which was way easier to get over here and spend time with her. Once I got to Pepper nine, and like the requirements of baseball in college and stuff like, I was probably doing it less. So at that point still fell over some. But like the high school years, for sure, I was here quite a bit.
Speaker 4: So I've heard a lot about you and your brothers when you guys were growing up and your dad was managing here. So maybe you could set the record straight on a couple of things. The beat writers that covered your dad said he used to refer to you and your brothers as Marmaduke and Cheeks. Which one were you?
Speaker 15: I don't I was probably Marma Duke. Mark was probably cheeks, but I don't they had. He had plenty of weird nicknames for us and weird growing up for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, here's another one for you. Rick Monday, who is still broadcasting Dodger games, said.
Speaker 15: If he still likes chili when you see him today, is he still like chili?
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was gonna bring up to you.
Speaker 13: He likes chili. He's a big fan of chili.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said. You brought it up as well, and he started to bring chili cans down to the office for you.
Speaker 15: I figured when you said Rick money, the first thing comes to mind, is he really likes chili.
Speaker 4: I thought maybe you guys loved chili the way he said a lot. Yeah, So what was that about. Did he actually bring you down cans of chili?
Speaker 15: No, I'm sure he did, but it was just something that he says. I have a kitchen chili, so it's just something that I remember him saying all the time.
Speaker 4: Chad Tracy is our guest. I had a first pitch between the Dodgers and Red Sox. Obviously, even in La Chad. We know what the Red Sox have done since the beginning of June. How fun has it been for you to really see these guys play to their potential.
Speaker 15: It's been a great experience. Obviously, went through a lot over the first few months of the season and always believed that there was enough talent in the room to to, you know, play better than we were and see it turn. And obviously it's turned, but it's turned an even bigger fashion than a lot of us that imagine.
Speaker 13: But we've played very, very well over.
Speaker 15: The course of the last month plus and put ourselves in a good position, and it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 13: When there's a group of.
Speaker 15: Players that I really enjoyed being with. I've had a lot of them in the minor leagues, and they play the game the right way, and they play hard, and it's just a good group in there, and they're meshing well, and we have to just continue to play well.
Speaker 13: It's all it is. Now.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations on the success you've had. You've worked really hard to get this opportunity. Everybody in Los Angeles is rooting for you, especially out there in Malibu. I won't call you a pepperhead, because that's offensive. I know how that's what the locals think.
Speaker 15: No, it's I actually think I might be able to see. There might be some people from pepper On that might come tomorrow, but it's been a while. Something back, and thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: I don't have chili for you, but I have a gift card to Travis Matthew. Thank you for the time, and you'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. So the lifestyle, I love that.
Speaker 13: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I'll email it to Abby. She better deliver for you.
Speaker 13: Chad Tracy, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: There he is the man, Chad Tracy w CC Player of the Year. Let richill know out there in Nessen.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll do.
Speaker 6: It's all fine at the Dome at Pepperdinne where Chad Tracy went to school.
Speaker 2: Petos Dues as a minor league manager and now.
Speaker 6: Intra manager has got this Red Sox team back in the playoff race.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Dv lead.
Speaker 6: You have to first pitch Dodgers and Red Sox up. Next we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Well, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Interest in Red Sox. Game two of this three game weekends set. First pitch coming up a six, ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Peyton Totley on the mount, twenty three year old left handers six and six with a three p thirty two e r ray. He is a former second round pick at TCU Fastball sinker cutter, making his eighteenth start. Amongst pitchers currently in their age twenty three are younger this year, he ranks third in strikeouts and fourth in erara, innings pitched and starts. He's made four starts with six plus innings or more and zero earned runs this season. That is most by a Red Sox pitcher aged twenty three younger since Dennis Eckersley back in nineteen seventy eight. He's allowed three or few runs and sixteen of his twenty career starts fourteen to seventeen this season.
Speaker 2: Last time out five.
Speaker 6: And the third innings two runs, five hit, seven strikeouts and a win over the Athletics. This is his first time facing the Dodgers, Yoshinobu yamamode on the mound in search of his twelfth winn of this season, making his twenty his start. He ranks among the National League leaders and wins ERA in he's pitch whip, opponent's batting average, opponents ops and watks per nine innings. He went three to one with a two eighty nine ERA in four starts in the month of July. Last time out, six innings, one run, five hits, five strikeouts and a win over the Mets. Before that, a complete game four hitter against the Yankees. Yoshanobu Yama Modo Peyton totally the pitch matchup Dodgers and Red Sox for fifteen minutes away from first pitch, Keys to the game, our next, I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know where this is?
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue All season law Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in Red Sox, Yoshinoba Yamamoto, Peyton Tolly the pitching matchup, So get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo starts great moment.
Speaker 2: Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Saporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim nevert Rick, Monday, Guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks again, we counch you down with the first pitch here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium on a gorgeous evening. Yoshinobo Yamamoto eleven and six. The right hander has been very, very good since the All Star break. Remember he did not pitch in the All Star Game even though he was selected to the squad, and that extra rest may have helped him out because he was really good against two New York teams and in his last eleven starts he's eight and three. His mechanics have been flawless, and he is trying to make a second half run for a possible cy Young bit.
Speaker 9: He's been a delight to watch him, and you start to look at Gamamoto also one hundred and twenty five and two thirds innings. I mentioned the innings because how about this only eighty five hits in that period of time that equates to just a one ninety batting average. We're not talking about the last five games. We're not talking about the last ten games. We're talking about the nineteen starts that he's had less than a two hundred batting average against.
Speaker 13: Yip.
Speaker 9: But the Dodgers have to figure out Peyton Toling, the left handers six foot six left hander who when he has been ahead and counts, he's allowed just to win seventy seven batting average against the Dodgers. Again, they've got to figure out how to do a better job against left handed starters, where they dropped six to the last eight the leftie has started against them.
Speaker 8: And they're on base percentage against left handed pitching three twenties as opposed to their major league best on base percentage against righties at three forty seven, seventy one points lower against left handed pitching. So they're gonna see plenty of lefties, including another one tomorrow in the finale of this series. But tonight it's Peyton Tolly for Boston and Yoshinobu Yamamoto for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Stim all, right, first pitch is next, Enjoy it. David Vassis got you on the post game. This has been Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back role series Champion Dodgers Audio Network