Speaker 1: You're listenings KP I AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 2: The President is in Japan, I think right now, and he's going to be meet with Jane Jing Ping, j Jing pen Ping.
Speaker 1: The ping's around. It's yeah, President j Ping, Bill Pinkster. That's what they call him, the Ping, the ping master, that's the ping meister.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what he's known in China.
Speaker 3: With or and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill handle.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's a Tuesday morning, October twenty eighth at Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what a tuesday. We're starting with. First quick hello to one and all.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Neil, Good morning, Willie wolf est Wire, Yes, sir, will good morning, good morning, good morning Bill, Yeah, good morning, good morning, Bill, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, you're lot to say my name Bill? Yes, three l's and good morning, good morning Bill.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Finally, and I've always today. I leave Amy for last because you know, I'm getting so tired of these boring Dodger games. When people say a game, you know that baseball games were boring.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more holy, especially.
Speaker 4: Those six and a half hour games.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. What did a tie for the longest game ever?
Speaker 3: No, it's actually the second longest game the game World Series that I got to go to in twenty seventeen. In twenty eighteen, that was also eighteen innings and it went till about twelve thirty.
Speaker 4: In the morning.
Speaker 2: Crazy, What is the longest game? Just curious that was it looked that up.
Speaker 1: That was the longest game ever ever played in the World Series. How about the longest game ever played?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 4: I don't know the idea.
Speaker 1: I don't so do you think they would come up with those stats this morning?
Speaker 2: Like absolute craziness? They do?
Speaker 3: And then sho heey o Tani set a record for the most times on base. He was on base nine times last night, nine times, major league record.
Speaker 2: They purposely walked him, didn't they? For four or four times?
Speaker 3: Well they did because the first four times he was up, he doubled twice and then hit two home runs. So they were like, screw that, we're walking him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you get to be the best baseball player out there when you're always walked?
Speaker 2: Is that going to be a normal course of events?
Speaker 1: Where show heeo, Tommy's going to come up and effectively be the most walks of any player in history, and the highest paid player who has no hits.
Speaker 2: Could be yeah never, no knows.
Speaker 3: I mean if he stays on hot streets like this when he wasn't when he wasn't hitting early in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: But I was like, sure, we'll pitch to him. All things have changed.
Speaker 1: And on a more serious but none not fine. Note, I'm following the case of this kid, Adon, who is one of Lindsay's best friend's son in law, who was picked up by Ice.
Speaker 2: And it was it's a horrific story, it really is.
Speaker 1: This is a kid who, as I said yesterday and you're broadcasting all right, thank you, Yeah, and it's very funny. So this poor kid was picked up by Ice. And the story is that when he was thirteen, his aunt was dropped off at his and his mom's house having been murdered with their tongue cut out by MS thirteen, and they fled to the United States and immediately turned themselves into immigration and claimed asylum, asked for asylum, and they were bounced around the system for years. I don't know how many asylum hearings, and they postponed, postponed, postponed, and finally his brother was granted asylum. He was not, and so they picked him up and they did deport him. They found out yesterday he was supported to El Salvador, where he came from, as opposed to the Sudan. His parents are scrambling or his mom is scrambling for an attorney to help out.
Speaker 2: There are some organizations.
Speaker 1: There was there was a what they call a crowdfunding attempt, of which we put in some money and it was Anyway, it's the worst of the worst, right as Christinoman will tell you, this is the worst of the worst. Twenty seven year old kids started his own business, has a photography business, Neil. As a matter of fact, all of you saw him there because he photographed that Gatsby party of ours and he also photographed Barber's wedding.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the.
Speaker 1: Last news is he is in El Salvador, has been deported. In The families trying to get him to come back to the United States, which doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how could that even there's no way to reverse this.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you could. They're working on it.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, you could, but I want to point out, as Christinoman would say, he is the worst of the worst, because that's all they are deporting.
Speaker 2: It's heartbreaking. It is absolutely heartbringing.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to someone and you know, you can argue all kinds of things about the Trump administration yay nay, on policy grounds, but the sheer inhumanity of what's going on is stunning, absolutely stunning.
Speaker 4: Where did you get picked up?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're trying to find that out because the mom is being a little uh, you know, it's just not going around these are you know, everybody's on Instagram and they're emailing each other and they're that one has not come out yet, because that's fascinating. What was he doing to get picked up? Where was he? Wrong place?
Speaker 2: Wrong time?
Speaker 1: He is Hispanics? He's El Salvadorian, and so does he I don't remember if he looks Hispanic or not. I'm assuming so when you're from El Salvador and you could tell someone who looks his.
Speaker 3: Funny me like, well, I'm wondering though, did they like go to his house and knock on the door?
Speaker 2: Was I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a very good question. How was he picked up. Where was he that he was picked up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, enough of that.
Speaker 1: Let's uh oh and let's have some fun good news Hurricane Melissa.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: And we're going to find out that Jamaica is gone by tomorrow. So it's time for handle on the news, Amy, Neil and me leave story. And for those people that are saying that climate change is a hoax, you bet you. Jamaica has been hit by Melissa, category five hurricane. It is the worst hurricane that has ever hit Jamaica, one hundred and seventy five a mile sustained winds. Nothing survives that or very little survives that catastrophic. Of course, we're not going to know for a day or two how it's going to how Jamaica is going to fare, but it's not going.
Speaker 2: To fare well at all. Forty inches of rain, I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: Just and they're already at sea level. I mean that doesn't even take into account the storm.
Speaker 2: Search Yeah are we?
Speaker 1: I guess we're starting to measure rain in some places, not by the foot, even more by the yard. Yeah, it's a tough way to go, all right. Some good news on the Dodgers, Amy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, on a much happier note, mister World Series, that's what they're calling Freddy Freeman. He had a walk off home run in the eighteenth inning that gave the Dodgers the six to five win over the Blue Jays. Now the Dodgers lead the series two games to one, and Freddy Freeman remember last World Series he also hit It was a Grand Slam walk off home run. So boy, he just dials in during the World Series.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, didn't they?
Speaker 1: They were just about to pull a picture from little leagues, weren't they.
Speaker 4: On the Dodgers were out, the bullpen was empty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there was no one there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just it was an amazing duel. It was an amazing game all the way.
Speaker 3: And like I was staying on wake up call that I fell asleep, like in the tenth or eleventh inning, it was late for me and I as I was drifting off, I was thinking, this has been a great game, no matter who wins it, this has been just an epic game.
Speaker 5: Oh well, allowed last night. I think you know, I'm only a couple miles away from Dodger Stadium, and man, everybody, you could hear it, Oh, yes, you could hear everything. You could hear people in their homes.
Speaker 2: You could hear.
Speaker 5: You know, we hear the fireworks as well when they do go off. But that's how you know they win if you're not watching. But it was just loud last night.
Speaker 1: Hey, Amy, game, tell me which games are in Toronto and which games are in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: So the first two were in Toronto, so three are here. So we had our first game was last night, our second game is tonight, and then.
Speaker 1: So they could pull it off here because I think one of the worst things for a ballplayer, or not one of the worst.
Speaker 2: Things, of course, because it's way in the World Series.
Speaker 1: But something that no ballplayer wants to do is win the World Series in the opposite the opposite field, the opposite city.
Speaker 2: Ohs, not everybody, because everybody just is quiet. Just there's no there's nothing there, all right.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the wall, apparently Ice doesn't do it the way the president likes. Trump In the end, his administration planning to replace some of the regional leaders of immigration and custom enforcement with straight up border patrol officials. Apparently they they do stuff that the others don't to secure arrests, such as repelling into apartment buildings from black Hawk helicopters. Wow, jumping out of rental trucks in home depot parking lots.
Speaker 1: During Christmas, they masqueraded Santa Claus department stores and grab people.
Speaker 2: Forget that, it's insanity repelling.
Speaker 5: From you help me find my puppy?
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 5: So yeah, so I guess they're disappointed with Ice and I don't know.
Speaker 2: You just go you got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends on which side of the coin you're on. Here's another story, which side of the coin are you on?
Speaker 3: Amy Five hundred thousand people apparently have been deported since President Trump took office, three times that many have left on their own. One point six million people in the US illegally have self deported, according to the Department of Homeland Security. And for those people who say, okay, I'll go, the department has been giving them one thousand dollars and a plane ticket to wherever they want to go.
Speaker 2: Don't have a question. And I'm trying to remember this.
Speaker 1: If someone self deports, are they eligible to come back?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're eligible to side.
Speaker 1: Not that there's ever going to happen, because with no chance on hell or in hell, they're going to actually be able to come back, but they're eligible. And of course if someone is deported, they're not. I wonder if part of the policy is to tell folks. I guess it is, probably because it's true. If you self deport you will be able to apply to come back in United States legally.
Speaker 2: Oh and here's the other one.
Speaker 1: Remember the stories about the Darien Gap in Panama that was really difficult to walk through, that people did and it was littered with.
Speaker 2: Water bottles and clothes, et cetera.
Speaker 1: According to ICE, the number of people the migration through the Darien Gap in Panama is down ninety nine point nine nine percent.
Speaker 5: Holy smucks, which.
Speaker 2: Means two people a week.
Speaker 1: And you remember those stories of thousands of people throughout the year going through.
Speaker 5: All right, Amazon, oh Ai, it's here, it's taking your job, looking at you, kono. Amazon said today that they planned to cut fourteen hundred corporate jobs, and that's a massive layoff, the biggest round of layoff years.
Speaker 1: Fourteen, fourteen thousand, fourteen thousand.
Speaker 5: They're convinced that they need to be organized more leanly, they said, a few layers and more ownership, to move as quickly as possible for our customers and business. So you know what's funny is we, you know, say this is horrible, and then we get upset when we don't get our packages in two days. So it's kind of well, it is weird. Were kind of creating the desire.
Speaker 1: I had asked Ann to put together segments on this show through AI so we can just listen to it and see how close. We've already done it once, but we're seeing if it's close again. But there is someone that has to put together an AI segments.
Speaker 2: But that person has been laid off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and not replaced by AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Conal and I are working on it.
Speaker 5: Though, laying off.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, the AI.
Speaker 4: No more layoffs.
Speaker 5: Please can't be worse than this, Oh we can.
Speaker 4: Uh Okay. So you've heard the term house poor.
Speaker 3: Well, LA County or LA homeowners are among the most house poor in the whole country. In a new study published by Consumer Affairs Analysts found that LA homeowners are among the most house poor in the nation, number four on the list of major cities. That's that finance term used to describe someone who spends a disproportionate amount on their income on housing costs, with little leftover for other stuff.
Speaker 1: Actually we're number one in house poor, and I'm going to explain that at seven twenty and you'll understand why. Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Seven twenty house poor, which you are. I'm snacks and pizza poor, Yes you are.
Speaker 3: Do you know that you're only supposed to spend thirty two point five percent?
Speaker 4: This is one of these stumbers. You're only supposed to spend about thirty percent of what you make on housing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty thirty three percent, And that's what they do for some reason.
Speaker 1: Being house poor is at thirty three percent, which none of it makes any sense because no one, for example, if you're renting, no one spends only a third of their income at randous over half. Yeah, that's exactly the point, and that is much much more likely. Okay, all right, don't put your threats on the interwebs. Minnesota man by the name of Tyler max and Avalos, he's thirty years old. He's living in Saint Paul, Minnesota, apparently put on TikTok. Posted on TikTok a forty five thousand dollars bounty on Pam Bondy. So the post targeting Bondi was reported to the FBI on October ninth by a TikTok user in Detroit. It's got a photo of her got the sniper scope with a red dot on her forehead, as well as Texas says wanted Pam Bondy reward forty five thousand dead or alive, preferably dead. And this guy, I guess has a criminal pass that includes felony stalking.
Speaker 5: Conviction and misdemeanor domestic assault conviction.
Speaker 2: Is it true that he wrote this on the way to the men's the meeting or coming back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a he's a he's a genius.
Speaker 2: He's a genius with a capital J. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have even a better idea, Neil than saying don't post threats on social media?
Speaker 4: How about don't make threats at all?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Amy? What fun is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Amy, you're taking away all You really want to kill somebody? Yeah, you have to send to.
Speaker 4: Want to kill people?
Speaker 2: Amy?
Speaker 1: Oh? What like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like not wanting to kill ball. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 3: Not everybody's listening to what Donald Trump wants. There are two states in the Midwest who are thwarting the president's plan to redraw congressional districts.
Speaker 2: As Yahoo reports, Republicans in these states.
Speaker 3: Yes, Republicans in Indiana and Kansas City. They just don't have enough votes to pass new, more Republican friendly maps. The lawmakers could still be persuaded with a White House push, which has included an Oval Office meeting for lawmakers in Indiana and two trips to Indianapolis by Vice President Vance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More on that at seven o'clock. And that, of course, is all connected with Prop. Fifty and what's going.
Speaker 3: On with that.
Speaker 5: This is an interesting question that I have for you, Bill about you've got the twenty two year old Utah man that was charged with killing Charlie Kirk Tyler Robinson.
Speaker 2: And since it's.
Speaker 5: Innocent until proven guilty, they made the argument that mister Robertson should be dressed in you know, regular street clothes instead of prison garb. Why is that not the rule across the board?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're talking about pre trial. When a defendant goes to trial, it's always street close. They will never let a defendant be in court in front of a jury in prison garb.
Speaker 2: It is way too presidicial.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about if you ever think about this, whenever you see prisoners, for example, pleading guilty or not pleading, or going in front of their first court appearance, they're in prison garb and in shackles. Usually because judges, it's not prejudicial to the judges. I mean, the judges are not going to be swayed by that. Now here's the argument, which is so unusual. This will be a broadcast and what the argument is, and it's one step removed. This is six steps of separation. This is Kevin Bacon. The argument, and it's a good one is because the press, because the coverage will be so enormous, the public seeing him in a prison outfit, it will taint the jury pool because virtually yeah, because virtually every juror probably will see this.
Speaker 5: But he's potential pardon. He's still going to be in shackles, but.
Speaker 2: It's going to be somewhat subdued and somewhat hidden.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be Yeah, you can do the shackles underneath it. You can do shackles underneath the court and cost example. Sure, that's how I did it. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Moving look.
Speaker 4: Courtney kardashi No you uh.
Speaker 3: Courtney Kardashian is Kardashians going below the belt for her latest Lollipop rollout because she's selling a sucker that supports vaginal health just dropped into Yep, we just uh found out that she dropped a new supplement for her Lemmy brand. It's this is a lollipop with no well apparently you put it in your but it's got environment C to keep your privates healthy and protect against.
Speaker 2: You and infections. We can we can do.
Speaker 1: I can do forty five minutes on that right now, starting with it can't be that comfortable, then ending with nevermind.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're gonna like this too, Bill.
Speaker 3: They're sold in five packs for six ninety nine and flavored with pineapple extract.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Target, thank you? Oh boy?
Speaker 4: How many are you endorsing this product?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: No, but you are so weird you're acting all ten. Is it going to be a Target one? Oh, you can't come. Wait, you can't buy.
Speaker 1: You can buy condoms at Target and those can be hilarious. There's all kinds of things. Doesn't Target also sell vibratos?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Didn't they sell bathing suits for boys who wanted to tuck there?
Speaker 4: They did for a while.
Speaker 1: Anyways, at targets.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, right, we'll take what from the jade egg.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we have the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, and these funds are about to run out, so that causes a problem for many many people in the US because of the government shutdown, they will not receive this money or the benefits from that program that will start in November. November first. Well, door Dash has raised their hand nobly, I believe in this circumstance deliver one million free meals through food banks. And they are working with all kinds of groups Dollar General, Sprouts, Giant Eagle, different stores that they are going to get food from and make sure they can get it into the mouths of people that need it.
Speaker 1: You know. The heart and the part that's heartbreaking here, A million meals mean as wonderful as door Dash is to do that, a million meals mean virtually nothing compared to the tens of millions of people who need meals every day, like three of them. Until the government gets back into back into shape and we and we start funding a SNAP and other programs where people can eat.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not a program.
Speaker 1: Is people eating in the one of the wealthiest of not the wealthiest country in the world.
Speaker 5: Oh No, they're working on that at my son's school. Parents are already going, hey, this is going to affect people. Let's put together, you know, raise food.
Speaker 3: Even Time magazine is kind of doing what Donald Trump wants, or is it? So remember they released the cover photo of their November tenth edition, and President Trump didn't like it. It shows him kind of looking up skyward, makes him look like he's kind of bald and really is not very flattering with old neck. So he said, hey, I hate that. It's the worst picture ever. And so they're putting out a new one and they've renamed it. It went from his triumph to Trump's world. Shows him sitting on the resolute desk. His hands are kind of you know, resting on his or his head's resting on his hands, and so apparently that's much better.
Speaker 2: But is it?
Speaker 4: Because did you?
Speaker 2: It doesn't even matter whether it is or is it.
Speaker 1: It's the fact that he can call Time magazine and say, change the cover.
Speaker 2: I don't like the cover. You're doing right.
Speaker 3: But he may not like the new one either because it could be another swipe at him by Time, because it's a very similar post to Arnold Newman's nineteen sixty three photo of Alfred Krupp, who is a German industrialist and now to war criminal, was supposed to be a very controversial photo at the same time, and if you compare the two next to each other, they look pretty similar.
Speaker 2: Who knows that I had no idea? How many people know who out Ford Krupp is.
Speaker 1: I do because I'm a history and that he was head of Krupp Industries, and there's a whole history.
Speaker 2: There was much dog.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I don't know if Krupp had a dog. He didn't. I know he sold armaments all over the world. Very wealthy family, all right.
Speaker 1: I can imagine the president being able to call Time magazine And when does he call iHeart and say this is the broadcast I want and they immediately cave.
Speaker 5: I hope soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, for sure, you think I'd be around? Yeah, probably because I make such an ass out of myself.
Speaker 2: He likes it.
Speaker 5: I think we're fine. So the Trump administration has been ordering FBI employees around for to do some digging and some investigations. The strange thing is, it's like weird stuff like the disappearance of Jimmy Haffa.
Speaker 2: And Amelia Earhart. That's another one they're going for.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, just off the cuff here, doesn't it seem like it's dig up anything but the Epstein Files.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. Jimmy Hoffa disappears in nineteen seventy five. There's another interesting figure. The guy makes it too. He creates Teamsters Union, makes it the head of the Teamsters Union, and it becomes a powerhouse.
Speaker 2: And then he gets into bed with a mafia.
Speaker 1: And if you look at the building of Las Vegas, for example, in many ways it was mafia money that was funded by the Teamsters that HOPFA was in the middle of. So now they're releasing some or looking into some new information as I don't know what they have since nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. All right, guys, we are finished. KFI AM six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.