Speaker 1: Morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us a free advice to start later. Please, I could never know if the day was us Florida. Listen up.
Speaker 3: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 4: We just grabbed every key, demography.
Speaker 3: Super duper.
Speaker 5: That's nice, fight Ago, net O Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 6: It is the nineteenth day of February twenty twenty six. Good slicking, sliding morning out there, everybody. My name is Krosoki. Welcome to the Foure Ship Morning Show. Thursday means best day of the week. I believe Tommy Eelson, I believe Ben Liebert. I believe a cast oh thousands on their way in today.
Speaker 7: So exciting.
Speaker 6: Let's get her started. Here's Dusty Slay with some comedy on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 7: Come on in now. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of different kinds of money out there. I learned that growing up.
Speaker 4: You know, there's like a old money, new money, blood money, drug money. We didn't have any of that. What we had was good money, right, good money. That's where your parents buy you something you don't like. They go, we paid good money for them. Good money buys the worst stuff too. It's never anything good. Good money buys like airbrush T shirts with your name on it from Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I had a lot of T shirts with wolves on it growing up. My mom thought I'd look good in a wolf T shirt. She was like, the more wolves are better, put them all over that thing. Don't put a little moon on there.
Speaker 1: Give that wolf something to Hallie turned to wax.
Speaker 8: Shine, sweet question mark.
Speaker 6: You hear the distance under this, then you stray?
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 8: Winning take it to the song went on Watstock.
Speaker 3: The Christ the Beast.
Speaker 8: All right, Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. It is Thursday, Fab nineteen. That is Chris Hoy. That is saus Where Zach.
Speaker 7: I'm sure that he's stuck in the ditch upside down on fire.
Speaker 8: Well, Tommy might be Tommy's he's running a little bit late again. Now, last week we learned if he texts me that he's running a little bit late, that means he just got out of bed, right and he's got to drive silently to the Saint Louis Park Studios. Yeah, yeah, anybody here from Zach or not.
Speaker 7: No, he's dead, I hope not.
Speaker 2: Is he not just sitting back there in the dark. Sometimes he does that too.
Speaker 7: Are you waving me if you're back there?
Speaker 2: No, it's not back there.
Speaker 7: The roads are much worse than you think they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not good. They're terrible.
Speaker 7: I mean, I love it, and I'm sorry to be this guy. I can't help it.
Speaker 6: But we've all had this thought. The guy in the giant twenty five hundred Chevy yep with the Duelley's and the double cab and it's taller than it could be, and the wheels were seven thousand dollars apiece and they're super wide. Who doesn't realize that he still can't go one hundred miles an hour on ice yep? This guy was at least one hundred yards off of ninety four in the woods.
Speaker 9: Well you're you live there now, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should have slowed down.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of car and truck commercials where that's what it looks like you can do right off roating go in al terms.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that guy's gonna need builders rom motelers.
Speaker 2: For his car. Yeah, the guy's just living life.
Speaker 7: He's living it.
Speaker 2: To build him a house in the woods.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah he does need a house now, yeah he does. Yeah, No, you're right, he was living his best life. I shouldn't criticize. I shouldn't criticize, but but you do. Go man, I know it looks like the roads are just wet. But wherever you came from, was there not ice? Because did you drive from Florida?
Speaker 2: Right? There might be ice there?
Speaker 7: That might be right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So be.
Speaker 7: Careful, I guess is what we're saying. We need everyone you sauce.
Speaker 8: You know you understand this though one man's bowel movement is another man's dessert.
Speaker 2: Correct, Oh my what Dad loves that.
Speaker 8: For example, like now that, now that the kiddles are into skiing and snowboarding. In past years, I'd be like, son of a bitch, Yeah I don't want snow Now yesterday I'm like, oh hell yeah, let's go. Oh it's just weird. Last year I would have hated this. Now it's like, bring it on.
Speaker 7: I'm so glad you guys found this for each other's love it. Man, that's so good for you guys.
Speaker 10: Love it and there is as you know, Corey, now that you are are back into it. There is a massive difference between the fake snow and this kind of snow.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the best. Yeah, this would be sweet.
Speaker 7: They're both here together. It's what's that telling you? How is that riot? He's not dead? Or is that his ghost? Is that a ghost? That was That was terrible? That was Yeah, that wasn't good. That wasn't tell me that was That was just that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see what it was like. That was pretty good? Was it good? Yeah?
Speaker 7: What'd you think.
Speaker 11: It was the Tommy Elson experience? We should just sell tickets to do the Tommy Also experience.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's what the Tommy Elson experience is.
Speaker 10: And it's during the commercial break. Maybe they pay you and be Tommy.
Speaker 2: Are you dry? What do you mean?
Speaker 8: Are you we're still talking about are you dry? No, you're not? I mean physically right now?
Speaker 2: Are you drying a little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay, then you are not on the back end of a Tommy Elsen experience. I don't want to be in the back end of Tommy Is your.
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well there you mind?
Speaker 2: This is like.
Speaker 8: You is your face covered in something that you're not exactly sure what it is, then.
Speaker 2: You might have just experienced Tommy Els.
Speaker 8: Was it an awkward morning with your brother? You might have just experienced Tommy Els. So you do one. You're a comedian, here's your side. Were you the fourth in line? But the guy demanded he go last experience that's real, and you didn't sell it. You like trailed off. You got really not excited about that joke.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but but I'm a whipped dog.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Will guess what? You know, Once in a while, a dog wins the Westminster or runs out onto an Olympic event.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, we talked about that yesterday, that if that dog was an actual wolf and just ripped one of the cross country skiers.
Speaker 7: Fair You talked about that, yes, d Yeah.
Speaker 2: You said that. What if let's go a little bit less graphic.
Speaker 8: What if that dog just tripped one of the winners, like, yeah, gold medal guy, or it was a gal, right, was it the female skiers?
Speaker 2: I remember, Let's say it was the gals.
Speaker 8: Gals about to win a gold medal, her life goal about to be achieved, and some random dog just trips her and then we find out later it's a Tanya Harding situation and that dog had been trained to take her. Oh you know what I'm saying, Paul, your hands up, Tanya Harding one thousand percent.
Speaker 7: I think so, I think we'd be happy together for about ten minutes.
Speaker 8: She's mean, yes, I mean, hey, before we look her up, before we look her up, that was the nineties scross ninety four Olympics.
Speaker 2: Right, that's so great.
Speaker 8: Right, So if that was ninety four Olympics, that was thirty two years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all do you think she must.
Speaker 8: She must be about your rais right, I wun't. She probably be in her early twenties there, Yeah, I bet yeah, I know exactly how old she is. So I'm gonna say she's in Hawk's ring.
Speaker 2: She's got to be about fifty five ish.
Speaker 7: She I need to fight, Jeff, she is fifty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds about rad Okay. Have you seen her video? Reo, Chris, Yeah, she matured. Yeah, you're in, you're in? Oh wow, you're in?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she uh matured.
Speaker 8: Where were that rank in terms of all time great sports scandals? And somebody trained No, I'm saying, if somebody trained a dog to take out the leader of a cross country ski race. How do you get a dog even on the you know, like in the area on the premises, How do you get that dog through security?
Speaker 7: She and eye dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh great, great point hawk. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 8: Some of us called that Robin hood where you use a cane, you start asking for money, and then all of a sudden then you take the glasses in the.
Speaker 2: Head off and you win archery.
Speaker 6: Context these hooters over here, Oh yeah, it's still the same face.
Speaker 2: It's your girl, Tanya Hardy. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Well, somebody just shot to the top of Chris's list.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say she's the top.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the background of that computer for a while.
Speaker 7: No, I'm leaving this as it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 7: Good for her. She's still with us.
Speaker 8: No, at three o'clock today, Barrero is going to crack open the mic and then Gergey's gonna jump on it like three oh one and go, why is there a busty picture of Tanya Harding on this computer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, the Olympic spirit. Yeah, they'll both pause and go, oh yeah, Hawks, I forget that computer. Yeah yeah, yeah, Tanya Hardy. Yeah, I actually hate that the Olympics are wrapping up man.
Speaker 2: We got three days to go. Yes hockey yesterday was awesome. That game was tense.
Speaker 8: Even you know, I like, you know, I like five four hockey games. But when it's won nothing and everyone's on the edge of their seat, and then Sweden freaking scores, You're like, is this gonna be the all time heartbreak? With a minute and thirty one to go, we're gonna get sniped? And then this guy and Quinnesota went international persuaded.
Speaker 3: Where's Raven flat and across star.
Speaker 10: Sweeten concheck and we are headed for overtime.
Speaker 2: In the line news we played.
Speaker 7: Three and a half minutes and overtime when.
Speaker 1: Years six pistons Pistons risen over time.
Speaker 3: Let's see he in the United States that facebool buck here du semis.
Speaker 8: The game was awesome. It was just awesome. Yeah, No, the way to say it super fun.
Speaker 11: Well, I mean all pretty much all the hockey games yesterday were incredible, incredible. That of course followed up Canada and check you in which check ya, I mean, very.
Speaker 2: Very close to beating Canada.
Speaker 11: And it would have been probably unbelievable, one of the biggest upsets in Olympic history. And uh, but Canada pulled it out at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 11: And then of course obviously us avoiding.
Speaker 2: You felt that all.
Speaker 11: Period long when there was only one with only gold deficit, like we we needed another one, we needed to get some separation, and then we didn't get the separation. And Sweden's a hell of a hockey team and uh they they proved it like yesterday, thank god for Quinn Hughes and Matt Boldie. I said on Twitter, they've had about as much overtime, especially Boldie the wilder or I think tied for the lead or maybe in the lead of overtime games. So they've had about as much much experience has anybody on the ice in that three and three setting, and they took advantage of it. And here we go elect my finals come.
Speaker 10: It's sweet to see our guys out there where you're like, oh, that's our and then Eric on the other side. Yeah, the only issue is like you're like, don't get hurt. Don't get hurt like Sydney did. Right, we know any more about that. I've not seen the latest.
Speaker 11: The last I heard is they're gonna He's going to be evaluated. I think MRI all that, but uh yeah, Sidney Crosby got hurt.
Speaker 2: I think in the second period of the.
Speaker 6: Is that a crust between Dave senekon and it sounds like you said, Cinny Crosby and I'm like, oh, I don't mean to go back to.
Speaker 2: It's over for him. Yeah, he's derailed. It's going to be the wallpaper.
Speaker 7: You guys remember the movie.
Speaker 13: Tanya never saw it, but obviously it was critically a clise.
Speaker 2: It's very very Margot Robbie.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine the day that Tanya Harding was told Margot Robbie is going to play you in.
Speaker 8: It's just I mean, you know, if like, there's no nice way to say this, but again, if if if The Power to Morning Show was made into a movie and they were like, hey, Brad Pitt's gonna play you had go, well, that's that's really dumb for Brad. Yeah, right, like that's that's not that doesn't make it. Yeah, I mean, that's you know whatever. The gap between Margot Robbie and Tanya Harding is significant, but she.
Speaker 7: Must have been like, son of a bitch, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Tanya must have been like, is that what I look like?
Speaker 8: Is that the closest Hollywood comp Margot Robbie.
Speaker 2: The lady from Wolf of Wall Street that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, to be fair, the gap between Margot Robbie and every woman on earth is pretty significant.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 8: But my guess is Tanya either had one of those two reactions like that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I'm not even in that category? Or am I in that category? Man?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 2: I bet she was flattered?
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what a cast by the way, Tanya Hardingania, Margot Robbie, Alison Janney, Sebastian stan who played Jeff Galulei, McKenna Grace, and Paul Walter Houser.
Speaker 8: So, hey, McKenna Grace, that's the guy that we just talked about yesterday. I had never heard that name until yesterday when she's the new Daphne, even though she's blonde. But she was in that movie. So I guess she's been a thing for a handful of years.
Speaker 2: You never heard of her.
Speaker 8: I had neither welcome to welcome to my you know, I guess she's in the she's made it now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, good for her, right whatever, Tanya, I Chris.
Speaker 10: That's how you're going to introduce yourself, you Paul, yep me, Paul Paul. Yeah, who who gets the broken leg?
Speaker 8: And I Chris. He doesn't care, he'll take it, and I think he helps.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just about Chris asking Tanya to break his leg.
Speaker 6: Here's a scene from I Chris.
Speaker 2: So here's here's the weird thing.
Speaker 8: If we go back thirty two years, you could never explain this to Tanya Hardy nor Nancy Kerrigan in the moment.
Speaker 2: But in a lot of ways, it's the greatest thing that ever happened to him.
Speaker 8: Because if they just go out there and skate, whether they win the gold or whether they win the bronze or silver or don't medal, they're just a couple of Olympic skaters that would have been immediately forgotten. Yeah, but now they're legendary. Right thirty two years later, we're still talking.
Speaker 2: About them, both of them.
Speaker 10: Can I ask a question I don't like, I don't remember all of it. Was she attacked like on the ice, or was she like walking back to the locker room.
Speaker 7: She was back in the locker room. I remember the look.
Speaker 8: In the hallway and there was like a hallway shot of her going that's exactly why she's leaning up against a wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: That's been so uh misconceived.
Speaker 7: I didn't notice I saw Itinia. She was just singing an Anta Lynnox song.
Speaker 10: Yeah, brilliant. I thought you were brilliant. I starred there.
Speaker 8: Or Human Nature by Michael Jackson, Right, great song, even better, A great song.
Speaker 3: And Tiny's like tell him that it's human Nature.
Speaker 8: Yeah, quit singing, and Michael Jackson's like, that's a song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's brilliant.
Speaker 8: And didn't Nancy get like a silver? And Tanya didn't meddle? I think that's something like that, right, one of them medaled and I feel like it was Nancy, but she didn't get the gold. I feel like it was a silver. And Tanya was off the podium. Tanya was off the rails.
Speaker 2: Called those now she's on hawks rails.
Speaker 8: Dude, some of the things, Zach, you just you you should have been born in the eighties because you would have been a child of the nineties. You like nineties alternative rock. You would have loved nineties like Nickelodeon cartoons, the Best Man.
Speaker 7: Parts of it. That would have been harder for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well said, well said she got plus who did Nancy did? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, yeah, I had it in my brain.
Speaker 2: You finished fourth, so oh all right.
Speaker 10: Yeah ascle interesting interesting, interesting Builders and Remodelers brings you the first segment of the Power Trim Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Buildings and Remodelings, remonels.
Speaker 7: Be careful out there. Everybody's all right.
Speaker 2: Tommy should be here shortly, Bet Leber later. This is the Power Grim Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 7: Hey, welcome back every one, and d're still waiting on Tom's over there.
Speaker 8: He's not here yet, right, Nope, just getting through the Yeah, the slow roads. It's it's icy out there. You know, there's nobody on the roads when when we're driving in. But you guys probably felt this. The thing that sucks about when you're the one of the first people out in the morning after.
Speaker 2: The plows go is.
Speaker 8: I was on four ninety four and three ninety four, and I was never sure if I was in an actual lane same right, because the the tracks from the general population have not been paved.
Speaker 2: No, so there's there's just it's just like driving on a lake.
Speaker 8: It's just I guess I'm going to be kind of over here and hopefully nobody's even remotely close to me.
Speaker 2: You just want to be cool, pick a lane, but there's no lane. Yeh, there's none. Yeah.
Speaker 10: It was the same thing on Highway one hundred. Yeah, it's just yeah, you don't know everybody touched. No, no, it was even when I was you.
Speaker 2: No, it was not.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, I please have your attention.
Speaker 2: Is it.
Speaker 5: I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story, and I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Brad Reese, the grandson of the inventor of Reese's peanut butter cups, is criticizing the Hershey Company for quote quietly replacing the candies flagship chocolate and peanut butter ingredients to.
Speaker 6: Hold you, guys, it does not taste anything like a Reese's cup.
Speaker 8: Freaking nailed it. Because, by the way, you know, it's dumb. Again, We've said this so many times. I know Reese's it looks like a last name, but you just think it's like a made up fictional character for a product. Then you hear like, oh, the grandson's name is Brad Reese. You're like, oh, that actually is the Reese's family, right. That's such a great bit, that's such a great bet. Better run into you you better hand it over. That's his that's an apostrophe es at the end of Reese anyway. So, yeah, the grandson of the inventor of Reese's peanut butter cups is saying the Hershey Company quote quietly replaced the ingredients, so they switched up the recipe.
Speaker 6: It is so cheap tasting now it doesn't taste anything like a Reese cup. And and uh, furthermore, they're the only thing available to give out a Halloween anymore, those in kit kats. Ye, So let's get some variety A and B. Now that old Reese has said something about it, let's.
Speaker 7: Go back to the old days.
Speaker 2: Let's go back. How about this?
Speaker 8: He claimed on LinkedIn last week that the company has replaced milk chocolate with compound coatings and peanut butter with peanut butter style cream across multiple Reese's products, a move that he alleges has eroded the Reese's brand and jeopardize his consumer trusts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got heart, They're terrible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they taste nothing like a Reese cup.
Speaker 8: Now, terrible is an overstatement. They're still awesome, but terrible. But it's crazy that that you nailed this because man, they didn't announce this right. It wasn't like, hey, we switched it up a little bit, We're going to change things up after you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Ninety years, however long they've been around. Yeah, nope, Yeah, quietly did it.
Speaker 6: Let's let's find a way to cheapen our product and make it taste worse and nobody will notice because our consumers are.
Speaker 8: Eightieth here's the years. Brad Reese is the grandson of HB. Reese, who spent two years at Hershey before forming his own company in nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: HB.
Speaker 8: Reese invented Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in nineteen twenty eight, and his six sons eventually sold his company to Hershey in nineteen sixty three and they ruin.
Speaker 2: So how old is this dude?
Speaker 8: If Brad's even a grandson of a guy who was kicking it around in nineteen nineteen, Brad can't be young, okay. In a statement of CBS News, Hershey said it sometimes makes product recipe adjusts. Seven He's seventy, okay, product recipe adjustments. Although it noted that Reese's Peanut butter cups are made the same way they always have been.
Speaker 7: Well, sure if the ingredients are different, right, correct?
Speaker 2: My favorite bit.
Speaker 8: As we've grown and expanded the Reese's product line, we make product recipe adjustments that allow us to make new shapes, sizes, and innovations that Reese's fans have come to love and ask for, while always protecting the essence of what makes Reese's unique and special, the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you, if they had said we replaced chocolate with cardboard, I would have bought it.
Speaker 7: That's how bad it taste. Wow, I'm pissed. I knew it, and I've been screaming to the top.
Speaker 2: Of the roofs. You have, brad He thinks Hershey went too far. Yeah, he said.
Speaker 8: He recently threw out a bag freeze his many Hearts, which were a new product release for Valentine's Day. The packaging notes that the heart heart shaped candies are made from chocolate, candy and peanut butter cream. So again not milk, chocolate and peanut butter. Yeah, brad Rees said, quote it was not edible. You have to understand I used to eat a Reese's product every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is devastating news for me. Yes, yep, God, I.
Speaker 11: Have noticed like the trees and the eggs, like those special ones do not taste anywhere they.
Speaker 7: Are not, So bring back Reese Classic.
Speaker 2: The trees are outstanding here, No check this out.
Speaker 8: So the US Food and Drug Administration has strict ingredients and labeling requirements for chocolate to be considered milk. Chocolate products must contain at least ten percent chocolate liqueur, which is a paste made from ground cocoa beans and contains no alcohol. Products must also contain at least twelve percent milk solids in three point thirty nine percent milk fat. But here's here's where it comes to Barb's office, right, because Barb has sometimes those little mini chocolate minie Hershey like Crackle, Mister Goodbar, special Dark Right. Companies get around those rules by using other wording on their packaging. For example, the rapper for Hershey's Mister Goodbar contains the words chocolate candy instead of milk chocolate.
Speaker 14: Oh.
Speaker 8: Reese claims this is Brad again. Brad Reese claims that Hershey changed the recipes for multiple Reese's products in recent years, Reese's Take five and Fast Break bars used to be coated with milk chocolate, he said, but now they aren't. In the early two thousands, when Hershey released white Reeses, they were made with white chocolate. Now they're made with a white cream. Oh damn, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'll just say.
Speaker 11: It's like when the movie theater they say it's a butter flavoring.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 7: This is this is.
Speaker 2: Vindication.
Speaker 6: And everybody's like, you know, here's the deal that we need to make more money, so let's make our product worse and not tell anybody something.
Speaker 8: The very last line, the very last line of the story is just one final quote from Brad Reese. He says, I absolutely believe in innovation, but my preference is innovation with quality.
Speaker 3: You're fat?
Speaker 2: How can he be?
Speaker 8: He has every day, he said, some Reese product every day, even if you are Brad freaking Reese. Yeah, Merry Christmas, skip Christmas bread. Put the chocolate down for one day. Oh come on, you're fat.
Speaker 7: Cups man.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not the same thing. Oh my god, you switched the.
Speaker 2: Sample is he talking about? Oh? H from the Fugitive You know that of course? Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hell, when when Harrison Ford's yelling at him because you switched the samples. You switch the SAMPCG. I like you, I knew what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Great film. My dad and I go to the bar and were hammered. Will scream that my dad and I across the bar from.
Speaker 7: You can get on the microphone.
Speaker 2: You and your dad yelled at at bars.
Speaker 14: I'm not kidding if you want like a shot or whatever, because like, okay, so Valentine this weekend, they don't.
Speaker 2: Confuse the rest of the bar is what do they switch? What am I drinking? I'm so glad I could finally bring Southern. Don't switch the samples. You switched to samples. And then he's so pissed off he's ready to kill someone. Sure, and he goes so Devlin McGregor can make more money and said, I forget that.
Speaker 7: That's what it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Devlin Reese Hershey's changed the samples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so glad.
Speaker 8: You know what I've seen the future of nine thousand times just right now? Yeah, right, So Tommy, your take, because have you backed him in the past as well?
Speaker 2: You thought it was a little bit off.
Speaker 14: I never well, I'm like you, I'm fine with him. Still they're still fantastic. Still they're still so good. But Sess won't have a kit Cat anymore. I don't know if that's a Reese's family or not, but she claims the same thing for Reesus.
Speaker 2: Or for a kit Cat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 8: I like kid cats unless I'm with four more people. I think they have a great opportunity.
Speaker 14: So I think they got a great opportunity to do like what they do with coke or like with Mount Dew.
Speaker 2: I'm not cocaine.
Speaker 7: He's right.
Speaker 14: No, for how they Mount Dew rebranded this year and they went back to like the old days, the retro stuff.
Speaker 2: They got a whole This isn't super loud, but listen to this.
Speaker 9: Here we go, Tommy, I get the Recis candy.
Speaker 2: If you read that names, that's an apostrophe.
Speaker 5: Yes, Ree's apostrophees on the end of that name.
Speaker 2: That means the candy bars is. I didn't know that.
Speaker 14: The next time you're reading Esus cannybar and a guy NAMEDE goes by and says, let me have it.
Speaker 2: You better hand it over. I'm sorry, Reese, I didn't think I've ever run into you.
Speaker 15: It's a brilliant I like Kitkats unless I'm with four or more people.
Speaker 4: The kit Cat candy has the name KitKat imprinted into the chocolate.
Speaker 3: That robs you of chocolate. That's a clever chocolate saving technique.
Speaker 2: I was down in the factory. You owe me some letters, Well, you owe Chris some answers.
Speaker 8: Can change the recipe, you switch, You switch the sadok do it just a horse?
Speaker 3: You can run up their.
Speaker 2: Profits or you put your hands.
Speaker 16: No one knows what you're doing. But I've never had someone recognize it. Well, No wonder why that guy had Reese's every day. You got to just take anybody you wanted. Anybody who had a Reese's cub tis tis better hand it over. You gotta give it to.
Speaker 7: It when you're at the bar. Sometimes to you yell amazing hot, I think he did.
Speaker 2: I dream of them.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 10: Hey, how about Gersey's team jad Ryan drive Latch catches it in the lane to Soaphie Hart one more to Kerholsky.
Speaker 2: Could this be the dagger?
Speaker 17: Praise Kerholsky with the top of her Keith Pray and the Gopher sleep outstanding.
Speaker 2: Talk about this. Let's talk about that when we get back. But all our girals do is win? This is the power Trip money show on the fan.
Speaker 7: Choice long.
Speaker 2: What Thomas here?
Speaker 7: Best day of the week?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 7: I was dead?
Speaker 2: How was you? You've been everywhere?
Speaker 7: I went to montroy O? That was fun.
Speaker 2: How was the food? Was it right?
Speaker 7: Really good?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 7: That was out in the Do you have any pea or whatever it's called. I did not, but it was everywhere. It's like that's what everybody eats everything everywhere you go, you eat that hawk. I've only had it once.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 7: I mean it's fine. Yeah they had at McDonald's.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, sounds filthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, Okay, this crap is nuts. We're watching the ski mountaineering unbelievable.
Speaker 8: So this this is the bit where they go they race uphill, so you basically cross country ski uphill. Then they just took their skis off and raced up a series of stairs.
Speaker 2: Then they have to put their skis back on.
Speaker 7: And then they fight.
Speaker 2: But was this really like amateur you're looking obstacle course? Why did they take him off? I don't. It's like someone drunk made this game up. Yeah. This does look like exactly, This.
Speaker 8: Does look like like bar Olympics.
Speaker 14: It looks like somebody came up with so then they locked their back feet in right here.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh my god, what a beautiful snow though it look sick. But now there's a Skien.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had a channel I could watch that on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe you ever come over to afton no Aten sweet sick? Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 10: So, like I think it was a week ago we were watching something in here and I went over there and they were watching it, and neither Max or Hawk realized it was in like crappy standard death.
Speaker 2: And Hawk was like, I don't know the difference.
Speaker 7: I got one blind eye and the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't care.
Speaker 7: It's just a bunch of shapes on the screen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, So some gal from France in a little over three minutes that looked like torture. That would take horrible hours, way longer going out there.
Speaker 7: It would take me three hours to get the skis on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 8: So I also get halfway up those stairs and just stop and live there.
Speaker 2: I would live there like that truck on the highway.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I live here.
Speaker 2: I live here now, Sorry, Louis Man.
Speaker 8: All right, hand, before we get to sports, before we get to the lady Gophers. Tommy was ten seconds into a story off air, and I'm like, well, wha, well, hand is the rest of this arable?
Speaker 2: He goes yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm like, all right, then stop and let's let's because we didn't want to hear the punchline and have to hear it again.
Speaker 2: But let's just say.
Speaker 8: Let's just say he told us just enough of the story to know exactly where it was going.
Speaker 2: Yep, Tommy, the floor is yours.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you guys probably think I was this how I prefaced it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you guys think I make this stuff up just because it happens quite often.
Speaker 9: But there was a real reason I was late this morning, not just the roads.
Speaker 2: I was there part of it. I woke up early, like.
Speaker 14: If you planned to failure fail or whatever that say. And as I was like I'm gon wake up early, I'm like, I was late last week.
Speaker 2: I owe it to these guys. I'll get in there early. So I'm walking down. Well, so there's a backstory to this.
Speaker 14: So it's it's lent yesterday, right, So February fourteenth, Valentine's Day. I knew what I was giving up for lent, which was candy that wouldn't have been my guess.
Speaker 2: Killed that up for two years, just roll with it.
Speaker 14: So so knowing that I've had every amount of candy you can think of, like Reci's peanut butter cups, every amount, well you're just hammered everything everything. So I'm like kinder Winno bars to like any sort of taffy to everything across the board Swedish.
Speaker 8: So for three four days of NonStop candy, non stop, and then Tuesday night was the cherry on top.
Speaker 14: I spent an absurd amount of Uber eats from Target to just bring over every store of candy you could have.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, this is a judge. Judge how close is the nearest Target?
Speaker 14: No, no, exaggerating three minutes away from the house, Tommy.
Speaker 8: The money that you're spending to have it delivered, Think of how much extra candy you could buy if you just.
Speaker 2: Drive on the couch.
Speaker 8: O my god, Tommy, Okay, anyway, cancels all right, so you see you get candy delivered, no joke, Just can't I believe you.
Speaker 14: I bring it upstairs and I eat until I fall asleep, can't, right, So that's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Is this in front of sas like is she watching you do this. Yes, I'm breathing hard eating candy.
Speaker 8: Yes, because you went the stairs. I did not shugar. Is she partaking it all or she just watched it? She likes it, but like, I think she's so grossed out at the scene that she makes sense.
Speaker 2: Don't blame her.
Speaker 9: So then that was Tuesday yesterday with ash Wednesday.
Speaker 14: So I was like, man, okay, I'm like so full and sick of eating candy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, this would be easy. I can ask you a question. I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Does the if you give something up for lent, does it start on ash Wednesday or.
Speaker 2: The day before? Great questions you.
Speaker 8: If he was doing it correctly, he shouldn't have had candy yesterday.
Speaker 2: Is that accurate? Correct?
Speaker 14: I had no idea yesterday I didn't but it was still all in me.
Speaker 2: Let's just put it that way. Oh my god, four days of candy and so I'm pretty full.
Speaker 14: So I had a nice workout in the morning, go throughout my day, I had a lot of meat whatever work stuff. Gets to two o'clock and I've only had a protein shake. I'm like, i should probably eat something because I'm getting a little loopy now.
Speaker 2: But I didn't want to eat because I know I had so much candy in me. I was just like, there's so many calories.
Speaker 9: Just try not to eat a lot little cakes.
Speaker 2: So I haven't done this in a long time. During the work week drive drive through McDonald's.
Speaker 14: Get it, get a double quarter pounder of cheese, whipped the bread off and just hammer the meat.
Speaker 7: You're watching your weight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, it's the new you forget the buns. So I've been a little backed up. Let's put it right. So it's it's just feeling a fire.
Speaker 14: It's like a seventh grade volcano project going on right now.
Speaker 2: And then you woke up this morning.
Speaker 14: Ye, But then I had then instead of just maybe not eating dinner last night, I just cooked a rabbi and had the rabbi too, So that need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it fell asleep, fell asleep fantastic.
Speaker 14: But I have a drawer, a candy drawer instead of having like a night stand full of fun stuff, it's.
Speaker 2: All this candy drawer.
Speaker 14: Do you really I'm not getting all of sests to take a picture and send it right now. It's buddy, the elfe. It's full of candy. It's like a drink. It's like what I've always wanted as a kid. It's like heavyweights, it's good for you exactly. So so I didn't have a piece, but instead this morning.
Speaker 10: So this is.
Speaker 2: This they talked to you this morning, dot com.
Speaker 14: Wake up, do my prayers, do the meditation. Walk down five five o nine. I'm walking down the stairs. You guys know, I chucked the coffee.
Speaker 13: Something starts rumbling in my oh golly, and I go to let Norman out in the back right.
Speaker 2: It's about five ten. Yeah, that's just dog. And I had one.
Speaker 7: Of those, you know.
Speaker 14: I thought it was just gonna be a light, light, little arrow and it it it.
Speaker 2: It was a waterfall in my pa this morning.
Speaker 10: It's my son does that?
Speaker 12: But crack you guys, guys with a with a shorts full of poopa. Started laughing at myself. I'm like, they won't they won't believe me.
Speaker 2: Of course we will.
Speaker 12: I'm living room, my god, crying laughing at myself.
Speaker 2: In that order.
Speaker 7: What did you do?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 14: At that point, I'm like, okay, well, Cess is actually seeing me like poop the bed.
Speaker 2: I got to figure out how I can get buy this.
Speaker 9: So I honestly stripped naked well, just.
Speaker 2: Pooh bear in my like just my sweatshirt. You have mud butt.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I'm going to throw that away outdoor garage.
Speaker 14: Yeah, go upstairs, pretty much spray myself off in the bathroom.
Speaker 7: So did you go outside poo be it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I went to my garage just with no pants on to throw away my undercarriage stuff and then go, well, Norman's still outside, so I had.
Speaker 9: To go go let him back in with just to come in.
Speaker 14: Well, his whole routine's thrown off because he's like once win right now.
Speaker 2: So then I got to go spray off in the shower. You're like a barn animal.
Speaker 14: And yeah, and then and then yeah, then I had to like recoup, get back start the car because I'm a driveway club guy. I had to clean the car off. And then I ended up leaving my house at about five twenty.
Speaker 2: Five and that's why I'm late.
Speaker 14: So yeah, long story short, don't have five days of candy straight.
Speaker 7: Well, you just.
Speaker 6: Described would go down in my life. That's one of the worst days of my life.
Speaker 2: That's a standard Thursday morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you were standing in your living room laughing, you guys.
Speaker 14: I felt like I was the evil guy, Like just laughing to myself because it was it was what are you.
Speaker 2: Supposed to do at that point? Like it's horrific?
Speaker 8: I just I love I love that one of your first thoughts, as though they're not going to believe me. No, it's the first out of every story you told us. We one hundred percent believe you.
Speaker 2: This is tame. That's nuts, my god.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm just imagining you accidentally throwing your soiled underwear away in the recycling bin, and then the recycling guy shows up, garbage guy shows up, and he's like, what happened? It switched the samples? Is they switched the samples? Now your amazing hot rods? Where every time I say it to Tommy's gonna laugh if you do.
Speaker 2: That's the best thing of all time. Sappy and crappy.
Speaker 8: Next time we go to Vegas when we're gonna ditch Dove because I don't want to watch YouTube call I don't want to watch you guys call plays or read the felt you know you and I don't just walk around Vegas just yelling to people.
Speaker 10: They switch the sample and we'll make that hand most.
Speaker 8: And then just have people panic going what samples did they switch.
Speaker 2: They switched the samp every time we lose brilliant. Please go home. You'll not back to your room, go home to the Minnisota. Please the problem? Did you poop your pan? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So all right, so now you have to give up candy because you're begging you.
Speaker 2: I just can't do it like I used to. It's just the facts are happening. Wishy. What candy is in your candy drawer?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 2: Give me the brands? Give me what was this Kirk Bills? Was it Kurt? It wasn't Kurt, No, there was. It's the it's not the usual suspects. Let's put that way.
Speaker 14: Because I just wanted the whole gamut. So I didn't have any random cravens the next forty days. So I got a like a fun sized bag of twigs, fun sized bag of kinder Bueno bars, fun size or then Nerds juicy clusters?
Speaker 2: Am I the only one that doesn't like Nerds clusters? I don't get at all.
Speaker 8: You're the only period I know everybody I love Nerds. I don't love Nerds clusters at all?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't do.
Speaker 8: Any for me?
Speaker 2: Got nerds back to life? Yes, I know they're having a moment.
Speaker 8: Andy Cohen did the commercial at the Super Bowl. It's a huge deal right now. Everybody's loving them. Yeah, they're out.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 14: Go whatever targets, uh like seage, salt, caramel, milk, chocolate, caramels, just everything you can think of. Cops are in there a Dubai chocolate bar. It's all the chocolate left over because all the sweets I got, like all do you know, have you ever seen the sweetest candy stuff? He's pudgy like like the.
Speaker 2: Bougie sweetest candy?
Speaker 9: Got that for sas for for Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: She didn't have a bite.
Speaker 8: Also, now it's in your dar, we're gonna have all of it.
Speaker 2: Can that hold out? Forty days? How long does that say? That's gone? So that's already gone? Oh yeah, I hate all that. But the hardest.
Speaker 14: Part it's gonna be this upcoming Sunday because Cess is having her gallatines.
Speaker 9: Where only gays and girls are invited.
Speaker 2: And who's your plus one? Buddy? I don't know who you are.
Speaker 5: You're about to get chlamydia.
Speaker 2: No, Tommy, my wife's skill.
Speaker 14: But she makes like a have you ever seen the candy salad stuff with all like the cool candies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes sense. Yeah, so she's gonna have that. So Sunday is just gonna be walking into like a candy land. It's gonna be tough for me first real. I'll let you know. Okay, I can't do it. All right, Well, let's let's do fun paid sports when we get back. Ause we skipped it that segment. This is the power to a morning show on the fan.
Speaker 8: Time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stares.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Holiday, appreciate you very much. What's going on in Holiday Station stores?
Speaker 8: Do you think, well, you can get to three for six fifty when it comes to twenty ounce Coca Cola products, So whether it's Coke, Diet Cokes, Bright mixing, Matiny flavors, you want a holiday three for six fifty for a limited time.
Speaker 2: Thanks Holiday, Thank you all.
Speaker 10: Today the Minneapolis airport got seven and a half inches of snow.
Speaker 2: They just said hotly smokes. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Remember before the storm, we heard it was gonna maybe be one oneish, maybe two with the most and then we just got hammered. All that rain flipped over, not hammered, like the north side of the state. But still, man, we got hammered.
Speaker 6: The videos from the Lutha and what's a grammar? Ray, Oh my goodness, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some town I've never heard of that.
Speaker 8: Caro Levin was saying this morning, got thirty four inches of snow.
Speaker 2: Wow, thirty four.
Speaker 8: Some tiny town northern Minnesota.
Speaker 2: That's almost three feet of snow. Yeah, my yardstick. Yeah sure, I think.
Speaker 7: God, I will say it.
Speaker 6: It would be wonderful if you didn't have anywhere to go, yes, and you were just so long in a cabin and like watching it come down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, a nightstand full of Reese.
Speaker 6: Cups, so nat cole playing, drank some coffee, just ripped yourself in half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pooped your pots too much corn. God, that's my dad. Text me, by the way, he's such a sample. Your dad's the best. He come with us, Yes, the samples, you know he would, yeah, all in.
Speaker 7: Where the hell are you going?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The go for Women.
Speaker 8: The twenty third rang to Go for women, not for long. We're hosting number ten Ohio State last night, and they whooped that ass seventy four to sixty one.
Speaker 2: They beat Ohio State. Third quarter was the key.
Speaker 8: They outscored Ohio State twenty seven to thirteen. In the third, Brown had eighteen hardhead eighteen, Battle had thirteen ghosts, were eleven of eleven from the foul line, and out rebounded the Buckeyes forty seven to thirty two.
Speaker 2: That'll do it. Nine straight wins for our lady Gophers.
Speaker 8: They host number eighteen Michigan State Sunday at five o'clock. Just two regular season games to go before the Big Ten Tournament and then undoubtedly now the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 2: Where is it here? No idea, isn't it.
Speaker 9: I thought it was women's final, is it not?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 9: I think we would have heard about it.
Speaker 2: But I have no idea where we could make a run.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're getting hot at the right time.
Speaker 8: They just beat the equivalent of a three seed that's right in Arizona, So why not should we.
Speaker 2: Go and cover it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: We should go to Vegas and then cover it right right, just because we don't want to be right in the belly of the beast. Yeah, good point, right, We don't want to get in their way.
Speaker 3: Right going up?
Speaker 10: The men's is in Indie Indianapolis, where else would it be? I mean, correct, that's where we are. Should be in New Orleans.
Speaker 8: Almost every major sporting event in the US should be in New Orleans or Vegas, one of the two.
Speaker 10: I'm not asking anyone specific this next question. Are there casinos close to Lucas Oil Stadium?
Speaker 7: Not close?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you've heard.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, man, that's where my family's from. They like to gamble out.
Speaker 8: Of ben Lieber joined his Power Tree morning Joe ben Leiber also from from Twin Cities Live and speaking of speaking of New Orleans, a couple of days ago, you guys were talking about Fat Tuesday. Yeah, and you guys on Twin City's Live showed a video from like ten years ago of Elizabeth Reese walking around Bourbon Street.
Speaker 2: And you nailed it.
Speaker 8: I've never seen an adult look more uncomfortable than Elizabeth Reese.
Speaker 2: Really on Bourbon Street, so uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: She looks scared, nervous, like she just it was definition fish out of water, right.
Speaker 2: She was like, I'm not supposed to be here. Yeah, I mean it was hilarious.
Speaker 17: And when she knew that we were going to play that clip, she even told me, like office, She's like, I I do not like Bourbon Street did not like it. You could see, and I was like, all right, And then I saw the video live and so my my reaction was live like she was, as you said, uncomfortable the only world.
Speaker 8: And then afterwards when you went back to the desk and you guys were talking, she was like, there was just so much nudity and so much like swearing and be It's like, yeah, it's it's a hell hole.
Speaker 17: Yeah it's I mean, I don't I don't love it either, but I didn't have that reaction the first time that I saw it.
Speaker 2: I thought I was like, oh, this is kind of fun. It's like it's viby like I had.
Speaker 17: You know, I bought the stupid hurricane thing and wourricanes are awesome, walking around with that giant drink, you know, just trying to like fit in and do the tourist thing.
Speaker 2: So I tried to like do it the right way. But it is gross.
Speaker 17: I mean, you feel like you gotta shower like immediately when you get home.
Speaker 8: Sure, and think of the difference from a male perspective or female. Right, Like a male perspective, You're like half the people here are naked.
Speaker 2: This is kind of nuts. This is fun.
Speaker 8: She just looked like, please fly me back to Minneapolis as quickly as possible. Yeah, that video is hilarious. Naked like a lot of topless gals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not for you. Would not be the day for you. Something I would have guessed you had given up for lent.
Speaker 11: They do have a lot of beads, Tommy, Okay, I.
Speaker 14: Heard it's like Florida and Vegas had like a ugly steps for child child.
Speaker 2: Again, there's no other way to say it like that.
Speaker 8: There is about a ten blocks stretch Bourbon Street, and even like Canal Street and parts and like the River Walk. There's some parts of New Orleans that are awesome. French Quarter during the day is spectacular. At night, oh, it's dicey. It's dark, and it's scary and it's intimidating.
Speaker 2: But I've never been. Is it worth it? Is it worth going? You would freaking love it.
Speaker 15: It might lose your life, yeah, it might be over for one for one night, Tommy, it is it is. Everybody's got walk in Sodi's right, that's that's legal, just cruising down the street and like we always saw.
Speaker 8: I've never been in Nashville, but It's the same thing you guys always say about Nashville.
Speaker 2: If you don't like country music, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: Every other bar is somebody that's trying to live their dream and they're giving it.
Speaker 2: They're all.
Speaker 8: It's the same thing with jazz and New Orleans. I hate jazz music. But when you watch like live jazz bands like this is their thing and they're going for and you're like, oh, this is genuine, they care, they mean it.
Speaker 2: You're like, mad, respect man.
Speaker 14: This is is it like three story bars like Nashville.
Speaker 8: A couple story bars, strip strip clubs, jazz clubs, strip clubs right on this right there, like block.
Speaker 2: More than you realize when you're walking down Burbon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like one per block. And that's not an exaggeration. They're everywhere.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's like Skeleton, Headshot, Apothecary bar, Voodoo srip club, another Voodoo something, another strip club, like.
Speaker 2: No Wonder is Greasy.
Speaker 8: It's like it's like and then there's essentially drive through windows to get hand grenades and hurricanes the drink. So it's they're just handing you drinks out the window. It keeps going, give us twenty bucks and keep drinking.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a heaven on earth. It would be. You would freaking love it. I cannot believe you haven't been there.
Speaker 17: The only problem that I have with Bourbon Street is that it's in New Orleans. Yep, yeah, I mean Normals might be my one of my least favorite cities to visit. I love the food. I'm like you, I don't like jazz music, so I mean I'm the opposite even live jazz. I'm like, I'm like, I don't I'm not smart enough to understand jazz music. And and then you like you feel the dirtiness of that city the whole time, and I don't know, I'm just not a fan the food. You didn't like, No, no, no, I love the food. Like the food, Like that's the one endearing quality is where they just spray it out on them. That's part of it. But like it's I love like just the Creole Cajun sort of spices, you know, like that that whole blend of.
Speaker 2: Like the French fusion and whatever. Like it's got great food. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's dirty and trashy.
Speaker 8: But if you can teleport, like it's seven o'clock at night, teleport to Bourbon Street and then at midnight teleport out. You not have to do it for the rest of New Orleans. It's so much fun. Yeah, so much fun.
Speaker 2: You have you have to do it? Yeah, I gotta try it. That are the Keys? Would you rather go to Keys?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 17: Wait wait wait, Like I feel like you're the miniseries that you can have on YouTube. You can go to all these places like you're Tommy the Tommy Travels like you.
Speaker 2: That'd be a good one. Uh huh. Yeah, you got to experience all of it.
Speaker 17: You got to go to Key West a lot of dude, you got to do.
Speaker 2: That's what I've got to go to day week. Yeaes sir, look up, look up the talk would you please?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, dude, Oh dude.
Speaker 6: It's like Sturgis sat the sunshine with everybody else's experience and winter there's boobies everywhere.
Speaker 7: You should call your show Tommy Tucks and Travels.
Speaker 2: Yea, good luck on that is.
Speaker 8: Sponsored by Tucks those like.
Speaker 2: Because going on when you're walking around, here's Tommy.
Speaker 8: We need to check the Gophers schedule football schedule for the next like whatever, how how far do they schedule out? Five or ten years. How far do I understand? Don't they sometimes go down and tescal couple of years? But do we have a do we have like a not lsu But do we have anything even remotely close to New Orleans in the next five, six, seven years?
Speaker 2: Next year starts how far is How far is Mississippi State from New Orleans? Can't be too far, aren't they? Oh they're playing is it a home and home?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we're there next year. Well, they're definitely not playing North Dakota State.
Speaker 2: Did you see that one? Yeah? Smart?
Speaker 8: So all right, somebody did you look it up? How far is Mississippi State from New Orleans?
Speaker 9: Looking right now? It is four hours and fourteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too far. No, it's not too far. No, no striking from Dallas there once he did. Yeah, oh yeah you did.
Speaker 7: It took me like half a day.
Speaker 2: That's a good friend.
Speaker 8: And that's all because, uh, smartphones weren't necessarily a thing yet. No, so you didn't have daylight savings lined up, had no idea.
Speaker 2: It was a daylight savings mistake. Think of that. It would never happen now with the smartphones.
Speaker 8: But but you have the time you fly into New Orleans party for a day or two, then go to Mississippi State, then fly to your spot on.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's happening. I have to you might have to come back. You really might not. Yeah you might not.
Speaker 8: God all right, more with Ben more with Tommy Olsen, We'll do what really matters after this. This is the Power Trip Money Join the Fins.
Speaker 11: Two legendary bands, one Unforgettable Summer Night, Santana and the Doobie Brothers are coming to Mystic Lake Amphitheater August twenty seventh. Don't miss this bucket list show under the Stars. Tickets go on sale this Friday at ten am. All the details of Cafe dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Yah man, the.
Speaker 7: World is is back again. Thank you, Tommy, I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do what really matters.
Speaker 8: Scores and stats around the world of sports, and it's brought to you by my friends at Oval, Lasick and Lens. Your life changed for the better. No more glasses of context. With all and Lens, you.
Speaker 7: Say Miami Toms, Miami y, Miami Beach. Right on, man, got a name, Yes I do. For long please, I will thank you.
Speaker 8: The US Men won two to one in hockey over Sweden to advance in the semi finals. Quinn Hughes Quinnesota was the game winning hero in overtime awesome shot. Sweden pulled the goalie and scored with one thirty one to go in the third to tie at one.
Speaker 2: But in overtime Hughes from Boldie.
Speaker 8: And Matthews sends the US to the semi finals. Canada almost lost as well. That would have been interesting. They almost lost to the CHECKS. So who is playing the semis we got I guess Slovakia.
Speaker 11: Are they good? It's the semifinals. They're decent, But the USA. I think Sweden was the bigger threat. So the USA is like mine. I think the minus four hundred, Yeah, one of those just don't don't lose focus.
Speaker 2: And if we make it in the championship, do we know when that is there?
Speaker 10: Minus Sunday undred Yeah, Sunday at seven to ten in the morning. Yep, not Sunday title the title game make yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought so. It would be Sunday at seven am. Bars open. That'd be kind of fun.
Speaker 5: M m.
Speaker 2: They probably should be.
Speaker 14: Yeah, do we go like when when you're over there cheering, do you like say go Eagles, like cheer on the Eagles.
Speaker 8: What like America, you would just say, USA, We're not the United States of America Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're Eagles.
Speaker 14: We should un which is like a big old, big.
Speaker 2: Old eagle on the front.
Speaker 17: Okay, I'll take five basically like the the Anheuser Bush logo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, just right on the.
Speaker 14: Front, like or the like the Ducks when they come out, and my, that'd be sick to we need we need something.
Speaker 2: We don't have anything.
Speaker 8: We have the American flag. Yeah, the symbol of every country is their flag.
Speaker 2: But like wouldn't be cool if we all had a like a like a like a logo, like a like a flag, like like the colors of the flag. But like what if we just had like for the Gophers, it was.
Speaker 14: Just an M, Like we didn't have the Gophers, but like it was just Minnesota or it was just Minnesota.
Speaker 2: You just have that you wearing a shirt with an M on it, I know.
Speaker 14: But like the Vikings, we didn't have the Vikings is just the pro football team.
Speaker 2: Like it would be cool.
Speaker 14: It'd be cool if you if like every nation had to pick their mascot.
Speaker 2: It'd be sick.
Speaker 14: And then think of all like the sideline stuff like spin your head like the eagle or something.
Speaker 17: Canada would just be the Toronto maple leaves basically.
Speaker 14: Or a moose or something a thing of syrup or something funny like every morning, but like every.
Speaker 3: Year every four years.
Speaker 2: You could like like for like for the summertime ones. It could be different. Would unveil the mascot we voted on it. It would make you were I would cultivate the whole United States.
Speaker 8: So you want us to have like an eagle with a cloth scrape and open all suret hell and you want sure and you want Canada to pick. Basically, this is Butter's Worth. Yeah that makes sense, doesn't it. Butterworth or Butter's Worth, pull your hands up. This is Butterworth would hot a billion percent?
Speaker 7: So sweet and I am busy.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 6: I can't find my intro. It must have been deleted. But I want to do a meat sauce makes history. Oh okay, but I want it to be Tommy.
Speaker 2: Oh and we are you.
Speaker 13: Willing Tom's what do we do? It's improv based? Its improv Oh yeah, I'm not good, but let's roll.
Speaker 6: It was on this day in eighteen forty seven, that the Donner Party was rescued from the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Speaker 7: Now, do you know what the Donner Party was all about?
Speaker 2: Tom's not a clue.
Speaker 6: Eighteen forty seven, February nineteenth, the first rescuers reached surviving members of the Donner Party, a group of California Fad immigrants stranded by snow in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Eighty nine people, including thirty one members of the Donner and Reed families, set out on a wagon. They were on a route. They got cut off by snowstorm. I believe they started eating each other cannibalism.
Speaker 2: Why is that funny?
Speaker 6: In the In this edition of Meat Sauce Makes History, Tommy Sauce and one other guy are the only three people left.
Speaker 18: Well, holy hell, we made We set on old on the Old West.
Speaker 2: Man. My lips are chapped from all that kissing. What please, no one come find us. This has been the dream.
Speaker 3: Everything's okay, totally good. Turned back, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Now they're at the bottom of the mountain. We should take our shirts off. It's warm out. Paul, come here, Holy hell, I think I see air Center Home.
Speaker 14: Is that.
Speaker 2: No, it's just great great great grandfather Patrick, etc. There he is.
Speaker 3: Take your pants off?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she what's the downward dogs? Man?
Speaker 10: We have gotten real buff from all that walking cannibalists.
Speaker 2: They bad taste pretty good.
Speaker 18: Polly, I mean we've eaten a lot of man, I'm feeling great about it.
Speaker 7: I'm coming in now as a police officers rescue you guys.
Speaker 3: Take it off, gentlemen, turn away now we're fine.
Speaker 7: Before I leave you guys alone, Why do you only eat the dudes?
Speaker 14: Hey, mister police offers, what's the password to get it?
Speaker 7: Nice?
Speaker 3: Chaps?
Speaker 2: Why is your shirt still?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 18: Are you a real police officer? It's Tommy's birthday. I ordered a stripper. Oh you're actually arresting us. Please make up with me.
Speaker 2: Hey, we might pass out at some point. We should all practice CPR together, and he might pants off for CPR.
Speaker 18: Packrim Center home, Hold me, Petric, I can't wait to meet your great great great grandson.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 18: We're going against our eyesights, eyesights going from all the lackey.
Speaker 2: Man. Thank god, we didn't bring any women, just buff men.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 18: Anybody thirsty alway spilled the water all over Packrick Center Home shirt.
Speaker 3: Don't give a towel. Oh Mac, I'm bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sauce. That was the best improv I've ever heard you did. Here's my only concern.
Speaker 8: My concern is that I don't know if Tommy knows that the lines have been blurred between improv and reality. That was just pretend Tommy, that was fantasy, fantasy.
Speaker 2: He really wants to see the idiot?
Speaker 7: All right, Well that worked much better.
Speaker 17: My face hurt, Honestly, it was earlier his smile and laughed that mule.
Speaker 8: It had nothing to do with the historic event of the Donner was just cold.
Speaker 2: Hold me.
Speaker 17: I really thought someone's going to incorporate some sort of kabab because Donner kabob.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, so are they you guys actually know about the Donners or no?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's pretty famous. They got they got stranded and they had to eat each other and that's a bad deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Wow, not the way we portrayed him, not even cloth.
Speaker 6: Three weeks later, after harsh weather and the lack of supplies killed several of the expedition and forced the others to resort to cannibalism, seven survivors reached the Native American village. One of them named Cetter Home, who looked like he had seen a ghost.
Speaker 2: Was funny.
Speaker 8: Well at that point, historically the last name was settle Home because they were going to settle there. They eventually changed it to cetter Home, but that's where that name comes from, and you would have settled in a home with Patrick Setter or Eric or.
Speaker 2: The US men's curling team has been eliminated. Norway claimed the final spot in the Semis.
Speaker 8: It was an optimistic start, right, I think the US started something like four and two and then lost a bunch at the end. So Norway will face undefeated Switzerland and Canada will face Great Britain.
Speaker 2: But the US men are done. Do you know who the favorites are? Is it Norway? The Ways? Undefeated? So I don't know, if I don't know how that can be a fluke. If Switzerland hasn't lost yet, is.
Speaker 9: That me and Canadians still in it?
Speaker 2: Do you already say that Canada is still in there? Okay, the guy who swore brilliant, But what really matters is this.
Speaker 6: On February nineteenth of eighteen seventy eight, Thomas Edison was awarded a US patent for his invention the phonograph, technology that made modern music business possible came into existence in the New Jersey Laboratory, where Edison created the first device to both record and play audio.
Speaker 2: I still will never be able to wrap my head around how that works.
Speaker 6: I still don't get it either. It seems like a miracle that they can press shapes into wax and it makes music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe it.
Speaker 8: They have those videos online where they do like the ultra zoom in so you can see what the wages on a record scope level, and you're like, how the hell does that make rock music? I don't understand. I don't understand it.
Speaker 7: How did you think it might?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, God, I hate being done. What else invented a lot of stuff?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, you know there's yeah, I can tell you what he's credited with invention inventing and you.
Speaker 2: Know Reese's peanut buttercuffs. Yeah, let's see the downward Dog.
Speaker 7: I should have done another Maxed history. I guess metal Detector.
Speaker 6: He did that because they tried to find the bullet in James Garfield after he was assassinated, so he created on the spot of metal Detector to trying and find the bullet in his body. Photophone allowed transmission of speech on a beam of light.
Speaker 8: Let me come on, yeah again to your point, Chris, think if think, if he's like, here's what I think you can do. If somebody's like, you can't get sound on a beam, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Are you high? Yeah? Like that doesn't even it's that's that's witchcraft.
Speaker 7: Get him out of here and.
Speaker 12: There to.
Speaker 7: Hold on.
Speaker 6: The photograph was eighteen seventy eight. Eighteen seventy eight for the phonograph. Here's something I didn't know until I just read this right now. He helped Helen Keller.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: He helped teach speech to the deaf and even worked with well known author and activist Helen Keller.
Speaker 7: Wow, I mean that's a lot in one life, right yeah.
Speaker 6: Served as president of the National Geographic Society, launched Science magazine, created something called the Audio Audio Meter. The gadget was used to detect hearing problems.
Speaker 14: This guy's an overat like he he was that powerful at that time. You think, like where he just was so good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you have a lot of money.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he was rich or that's a good question. I would guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know where do he live, you know.
Speaker 8: But one of the differences is Elon is Elon isn't necessarily the inventor. He's just the entrepreneur that that cultivates innovation. But Thomas was actually I assume he was the one who was actually doing it.
Speaker 9: What if he just had like three or four little minions that he took all the credit for.
Speaker 8: And isn't that isn't that one of the Tesla arguments?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Tesla?
Speaker 8: Really they all accused each other of stealing information in research and studies.
Speaker 2: Who knows, just watch.
Speaker 11: Stole a little bit. And he also definitely was not the greatest guy. But he would electrocute elephants to.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, let's hear them what they do?
Speaker 11: Poor They were just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, apparently. But he wanted to prove that Tesla's power. It was dangerous. So he's like, hey, look what happens when you use the Tesla power?
Speaker 2: And was he right? No? That was actually the sap. Did they try eating the elephant so they didn't waste it? I don't know, man, have you ever had elephant before? No, it's probably pretty good. Sure I would not a fat on there probably take probably like some wago stuff.
Speaker 6: I've heard of people eating a lot of wild animals. I've never heard of anything or anyone eating elephants ever.
Speaker 14: Probably so good we should dive into it has to be.
Speaker 2: Well, they're very protected.
Speaker 7: Never reminds me, by the way, I bet you knew this. What's your name? Back?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 7: Does that go? But I was just reading a story I loaded in the audio. This is not a bit. I'm telling you this truth.
Speaker 6: Here the first ever video ever posted on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a guy like in the zoo or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is and I know I guarantee you the guy's name.
Speaker 6: Shoot, I bet you're somewhere. It doesn't matter anyway. He's got to be pissed at himself because this is the first ever thing ever posted on YouTube by one of the co founders. And this is what he posted.
Speaker 9: All right, So here we are one of the elephants.
Speaker 14: And cool things about these guys is that they have really really, really long.
Speaker 7: And that's cool.
Speaker 9: And that's pretty much all this said.
Speaker 6: So that was the first and they paid a lot of money to get it to own it. I think you know, millions of dollars. I don't know what why or anything like that, but that's the first thing ever posted on YouTube, and it's about elephants and the size of their trunks.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 11: That's all the guy could say, Yeah, well it was you know, it was just a test video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he changed the world.
Speaker 11: And you know what's weird is when you go to the YouTube now and you see these videos and they say like they were uploaded eighteen nineteen years ago, and you're like, damn, it's been around that long now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Wishes that he was like doing math or something though, explaining something cool, not talking about a elephants trunk.
Speaker 8: Right, Like, if you land on the moon, you better have your first line planned. If you're going to post the first video to YouTube, you don't ten seconds ago.
Speaker 2: I guess that's all there is. You don't he ran out of stuff?
Speaker 7: Like if you're get found by the people looking for the Donner party, you know what here? You know when he yelled downward, not.
Speaker 11: The first thing posted, it would just be nineteen seconds of setter home.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would that.
Speaker 19: So Canada audio be that much different? She's got a really long trunk. That's all there is to say. So Canada held on, they win in overtime. They come back and beat the Czechs four to three. Slovakia beat Germany six to two, Finland in overtime, three to two over Switzerland.
Speaker 2: And the Swiss led two zip.
Speaker 8: By the way, they blew that game, and again the US two to one over Sweden in overtime. So the final four Canada, Slovakia, Finland in the US. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 6: I'll give you one more Congress on this day. In seventeen seventy seven overlooked Benedict Arnold for promotion, which set him on the path to betraying his country.
Speaker 2: Benedict Arnold, he's kind of like Anakin.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly, Yeah, seventeen seventy.
Speaker 2: Seven, he wasn't ready to be on the council.
Speaker 6: Here is meets Us, makes History meets us playing George Washington, Tommy playing Benedict Arnold.
Speaker 8: Can it before you start? Can we challenge them to not have these two bang?
Speaker 2: Can it be any other scenario? But Tommy's name is Benedict. Yeah. By the way, I'm Ben, Benna, Benna, not Ben. Leave me out of this ben Yeah.
Speaker 8: Okay you ready. You're Benedict Arnold. You're you're the president. Okay go uh hello, everyone.
Speaker 10: Gather here today to chat about my good pal Benedict Arnold.
Speaker 2: Good day.
Speaker 7: Let him have the sex please.
Speaker 2: You literally we.
Speaker 12: Are also, I'm actually from friends.
Speaker 2: You wanted you want to learn kids?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: That was not your first time saying that the news is next.
Speaker 8: This is the Power Trip Morning Joe. Tommy Wilson is here, bet Leeber is here. More after this on the Fan