Speaker 1: First, a look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to, these this date. In eighteen sixty five, the thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution abolishing slavery ratified, as Georgia became the twenty seventh state to say, yeah, we're with that. So forget about June teenth or any other commemoration. December sixth is the real Freedom Day when it became part of our constitution. It's often missed by today's revisionary scholars this date. In nineteen oh seven, at least three hundred and sixty one died in a coal mine explosion in Minanga, West Virginia. Ten years later, on this date, in nineteen seventeen, more than seventeen hundred people killed when an explosive laden French cargo ship collided with the Norwegian merchant vessel ss EMO in the harbor and Halifax, Nova, Scotia, Canada, also devastated great parts of the city. That explosion. Nineteen twenty three and December sixth, the presidential address broadcast nationally on the radio for the very first time. Calvin Coolidge Silent col was silent no more America's first attempt at satellite launch failed. The Vanguard TV three rows about four feet off Cape Canaveral launch pad before crashing down exploding. The year was nineteen fifty seven. We'd get a lot better at that. This date in nineteen sixty nine was the date of the free concert by the Rolling Stones at the Ultimont Speedway in Alameda County, California. This concert marred by the deaths of four, including one who was stabbed by a member of the Hell's Angels that were hired to provide concert security. What could possibly go wrong? December sixth, nineteen seventy three, Republican House Minority Leader Gerald Fords morning, his vice president, selected by President Nixon to replace Spirou Agnew, who resigned in the middle of one of those scandals that happened, the ones that actually are found out about in Washington, DC, not the ones that we know are happening that are never found out. Nineteen ninety eight. On this date, Venezuela, former Lieutenant Colonel Hugo Chavez staged a bloody coup attempt against the government six years before that elected president the four runner of Maduro for the Venezuela people can't catch a break, can they? And on this date, eight years ago, President Donald Trump officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital, something that every president since Bill Clinton had promised to do but did not. Joe Beth Williams, the actress, is seventy seven today. Craigsliz founder Craig Newmark turned seventy three. Actor Tom Holtz seventy two. Steven Wright, the dry pan one line brilliant comedian is seventy mentioned. Peter Buck of Ram, Actress Janine Turner turned sixty three. Jud Appatou is fifty eight. Sarah Rafferty fifty three, NBA star Jannis forget me trying to pronounce the rest of the name. I'll leave that to Liam. He's thirty one. Speaking of Liam Tomlinson, he has in he's worn shoes today. I left my phone at home, which, as Scottsland would say, a total rookie move. Guilty as charge. Thank you, and we'll get the weather forecast and get running. No Lannette yet, we'll see what happens. Five forty two at seven hundred WL see a few flurries flying today tomorrow a mix of rain and light wet snow minimal impacts expected. Hi's today thirty seven, Tomorrow thirty six, and there is a better chance of a rain and snow mix Sunday night into Monday. It's twenty nine now seven hundred WLW sports Liam Tomlinson with a shootout, turnout and more.
Speaker 2: Liam Xavier defeated Cincinnati seventy nine seventy four in the Crosstowns shootout last night and eleventh rankin Zaga took eighteenth ran Kentucky's lunch money ninety four to fifty nine last night in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Wow, how is Mark Pope still alive? This morning?
Speaker 2: Loose Rain in Nashville is one of those signed to two games away, two games at home, but not at home. It's playing at neutral site in Nashville. It's been. It was an interesting night last night for Kentucky basketball. It has been all year.
Speaker 1: Kind of reminds me of the Billy Gillespie days in Lexington.
Speaker 2: I think we're yearning for the Billy Gilepsie days at the moment right now. Some more top drank college basketball today, Number four Duke faces number seven Michigan State in East Lansing.
Speaker 1: This feels like a peak.
Speaker 2: Tom Izzo team this year, and Duke has the Boozer He Carlos Boozer's son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bucket. I saw him play the other night, just real briefly. He's quite a quite a fine for the Blue Devils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Number one per due host Number ten Iowa stayed at nut It's College Football Championship weekend last night a couple games in the American Athletic Championship. This was for a playoff spot Number twenty two Lane tops number twenty four North Texas thirty four to twenty one. In the Mountain West Championship, UNLV fell to Boise State thirty eight to twenty one. Sunbell Championship Number twenty five James Madison tops Troy thirty one fourteen.
Speaker 1: No, no reason that those any of those teams should be mentioned in the college football playoff And my Vandy commodores are on the outside looking in. Liam there is absolutely no excuse for that.
Speaker 2: Well, this might make you feel worse that the Sun Belt champion might get in over the ACC champion depending on the final ranking. The ACC Championship is between Duke and number seventeen Virginia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody, nobody cares about the cause it's.
Speaker 2: Interesting did you see Vanderbilt wanted to play in Hawaii against Miami or Utah to try to fight for the final playoff spot. Because there's an exception to the rule, Hawaii gets to play extra games because of the travel from the island to and fro. So they tried to get a game together, but it was too hard logistically to play anywhere. Any place you can play in Hawaii or Alaska. Huh, it just couldn't work out. Big Twelve Championship Number eleven BYU looks to avenge their regular season loss to number four Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: That's at noon.
Speaker 2: The MAC Championship Miami, Ohio. Chuck Martin leading the RedHawks this year. They had QB issue injuries midway through the year with Kwan Finn. He eventually left the program, but Chuck Martin's team found a way for their third straight MAC Championship.
Speaker 1: We have Maction Maction Max Western.
Speaker 2: Michigan SEC Championship, Georgia number three and number nine Alabama play a four in the Big Ten Championship Number one Ohio State, number two Indiana Class.
Speaker 1: There's your national championship game right there.
Speaker 2: And potential Heisman Trophy winner game. Mendoza in'sane and in the NFL. The Bengals traveled to Buffalo to day to face the Yeah today, face the Bills Tomorrow afternoon. Kick is set for one Pregame coverage begins at nine right here on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred w l W expertly done Sir five forty seven, he.
Speaker 1: Was Radio seven hundred w l W. Bearing on your listening or why you would even care. Earlier this week, I've forgotten my headphones, which are like pretty crucial to doing a broadcast, especially if you want to hear anybody that's on a phone line and doing nightcaps. This morning, once again, I left my phone at home, even though last night before going to bed, my lovely wife christ To two point zero reminded me as I told her my phone was out in the front room on the charger. Don't forget your phone. So I had this in mind. As I was tracing out from the bedroom into the front room, I said, oh, yeah, don't forget my phone. I pick it up off the charger, I set it down to do something else as I'm preparing to leave, and walked out the door without it. So I have none of my contacts. If Dave from Dayton, for example, was texting me this morning, as he often does on Saturdays, which question for Dick, who's hanging on the Dick is hanging right now on the line, so I don't get that information. If someone else should want to text me, or I got an email of something pertinent that I should know about this something important, I have no way of knowing. My wife isn't even up yet, so I can't call her for any information that I'm you know what, and the thing is. Any other time I accidentally forget my phone, I'm a happy man. I love forgetting my phone. I love not having that anchor to the rest of the world tied to me in any way, shape or form, except when I'm at work. If it weren't for this job, I probably wouldn't have a phone, not even a jitterbug, not even a consumer cellular real big numbers, so I can read to punch in whatever person I'm calling. And you know as well as I do in the age of cell phones that you don't know anybody's number. You just have it stored in your phone. So if there was somebody I needed to call this morning, or for example, just filling out my time card here. I need my phone. I don't care about my phone any other time. Saturday mornings or when I'm at work, I need my phone. But wouldn't it be great to go back to the way things were in the eighties in the early nineties, when we didn't have that constant lifeline to the rest of the garbage that we have to suffer through every day now because we're connected. Would be wonderful. So I'm experiencing that this morning at the worst possible time. Thank you for listening to me. Vent This is what happens when Lynette doesn't call food for thought, don't eat too much. Five point fifty two at seven hundred WLW, first official hour of this Saturday Morning edition for Saturday, December sixth, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and uh, you should be pretty impressed.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: It is time to do something we've never done on Saturday morning. Perhaps it's never been done in the history of Cincinnati Radio. I'm not sure. It's the double Dave call. We have both Dave from Dayton and Dave from Harrison on the line right now together. They say they got jokes.
Speaker 4: Good morning, gentlemen, Good morning, Good Jeff, Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 3: How are we doing to that day?
Speaker 4: Hey Dave?
Speaker 3: Good morning? How you doing? Hi?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: So, Dave, have you brought one joke to the table?
Speaker 3: Dave?
Speaker 1: Well, that's all right. Uh, your one joke may be better than all three of Dave's.
Speaker 3: Dave, It's entirely possible.
Speaker 1: All right, I tell you what, let me start with a joke, and then, since you've only got one joke, Dave from Dayton, Dave from Harrison, can just kind of wait in the wings here and we'll see whose is the best. You know today, gentlemen, today is comedian Stephen Wright's birthday. I mentioned that in the birthday list, and I love Stephen Wright. You know deadpand you know it. So Stephen Wright said, my mechanic told me I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder. Okay, Uh, Dave from Dayton, what is your joke?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave from Harrison, what do you what do you call a guy that spreads old wife's tales?
Speaker 3: An old live tale spreader? Day kind of collegists?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm Dave, I'm not I'm not sure I get that Dave from Dayton. But okay, Dave from Harrison, You.
Speaker 4: Go, all right, how is Christmas like another day at the office?
Speaker 1: How is Christmas like another day at the office.
Speaker 4: Well, you do all the work and some fact on a suit gets all the credit.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's okay, It's not bad. Hey, if you're if you're scared of escalators, there are steps you can take.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: What kind of shoes do spies wear?
Speaker 1: What kind of shoes do spies wear?
Speaker 4: Sneakers?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, have you got a good one to finish? Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 5: Why does a queen carry aceptor?
Speaker 1: Why does a queen carry a sceptor?
Speaker 3: Because everyone works septar?
Speaker 1: Oh jeez.
Speaker 6: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 4: Shiny and Happy this morning.
Speaker 1: Shiny and Happy I always wondered what that meant.
Speaker 4: I don't eat. I don't know hero I mean.
Speaker 1: Was there was this like a p Diddy party where there's a lot of baby oil involved.
Speaker 4: But I was going with carnouba car wax on the.
Speaker 1: Carbok car wax on Michael Stife's head.
Speaker 4: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: So how are you hearing us this morning? On what lovely device?
Speaker 4: You're coming in? Five by five? And in nineteen fifty four telefunking Gavat fifty.
Speaker 1: Five Watch your language, you know.
Speaker 4: Thanks to AI, I looked up Gavat and see what the German English translation was, and it turns out in English it's Gavat. Anyways, Vat fifty five AM FM shortwaves six to two radio with two speakers, separate basin trouble controls a really impressive I Fi sound, and then as a magic itube, which was a short lived version of it. It glows in the shape of the big letter U and when you tune the radio it looks like a split curtain opening and closing from the center.
Speaker 1: You would go, now that is nate.
Speaker 4: Now for unless you go to replace one, and then you see the price and go I can live without it. But another unique part about this model is that covers the entire FM band from eighty eight to one hundred eight megaherts. It may sound kind of weird, but most export units from Germany back then covered the European FM band, which was only eighty eight to one hundred mega herds. I read markles suggesting that the additional licensing is required to include the full band, but I haven't verified that claim.
Speaker 1: So in Europe the FM dial only went up to.
Speaker 4: One hundred correct eight to one hundred, and even these these export units that were were intended to be sold in the US rather than in Europe still't we'll usually only one to eighty eight to one hundred.
Speaker 1: I did not know this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I found out the hard way. I pick up the oh very noted numbers unless you get the larger model that had enough space to build the numbers on it. Well, it sad news. I had no luck finding a catalog page, but I did find a Telefunken branded page with three cartoons on it. You know, most of my life I've heard that the German sense of humor is unlike our own, and I just always chop that up as being lost in translation. But now I'm rethinking that.
Speaker 1: The armpits that women there I've heard are unlike our own either.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I thought that was France anyway. Fortunately, there are only three cartoons on this translations are simple enough. I will avoid butchering the German language and just read the translations. At the top of the page there are three cartoon disembodied laughing heads surrounding the words the speaker laughs. Now this is about to a bad start, because if you have to be told in two different ways that this is funny, you might be disappointed that. The first cartoon is a delivery man at the front door holding a Telefunken radio, a brdon groom and the house still dressed from their ceremony. Obviously, the house is otherwise completely empty, and the caption the first purchase pause for a laughter. Next, we have a middle aged man asleep and his requiner in front of the TV that for some reason has a stuffed giraffe on top of it. That's probably the funniest part. His wife is trying to wake him and yells, wake up, fernand You're on television, not in the office. And finally, the best of at least they handed with the best of the three. Finally, we have a man carrying a full case of beard to his recliner next to a radio, and his wife hands on hips to Clayer's. The football broadcast only lasts ninety minutes. I should have been the fourth wheel at the six o'clock called guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm longing for sprockets. Would you like to touch my monkey?
Speaker 4: Jeez? All right, Steve Martin joke, I meant sprockets, not sockets.
Speaker 1: Old Radio rickatgmail dot com, if you'd like to get in with mister Washburn on any of these radios that you hear about, or maybe you've got one of your own. Thank you, Rick, appreciate And well look who look who rose and shines for us? Now it's Lynnette.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, Jeff, I've been calling you for two days. I was in the hospital from Saturday night, twelve thirty am to three thirteen years Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 7: I told y'all I have impacted bows and no people think it's a Joke's a joke, h I called you because I didn't know where i'd be. And I called you Thursday, Mine ten thirty. I called you Thursday nine, just.
Speaker 1: Six Sweetie, I didn't get any calls from you.
Speaker 7: So they didn't doubt your number.
Speaker 4: I'm not you.
Speaker 7: I don't have your number. I called Huddles. You work Thursdays and Fridays, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yees sweet Eether, there's no there's no there's no landline at Huddles anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, just rang and right.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I mean. Oh, I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I wish I could answer your call. So you're out, Donna have.
Speaker 7: To uh what's that word? Send me a text?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well they get well, So well you're going.
Speaker 7: To uh show you number one.
Speaker 1: I will have me. I will have Liam put you on hold and make sure I've got your number, and then I will text you. Okay, okay, are you feeling better now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I was a sick, chicky Lisa.
Speaker 7: I got better for a while, and you know how that man'll shake.
Speaker 1: You up real bad. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I screamed up every springing over, moaning when I left and moaning.
Speaker 1: When I come back. Sweet we're praying for you.
Speaker 8: It was sad.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I didn't know you were said, I know nobody.
Speaker 3: My sister didn't either.
Speaker 1: It was just one of them.
Speaker 7: Thanks, she called me and I said, they told you.
Speaker 8: She said no.
Speaker 7: I said, well, the empty says you gotta go now and you ain't got time to dress or nothing. But what's your name?
Speaker 4: Jean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, takes me cot I can get your number. But Jean, okay, Jeane, you're on my phone. But Christine takes me so I can get your number. Tell you about Lexa. All right, Dave, I want to see your face in the place. And God bless everyone. Next week I'll be better.
Speaker 1: God bless you, dear. We'll be praying for you. Thank you. Lynette had no idea. Jeez. All right, back on track six twenty one at seven hund WLW cookies and the gang has assembled. Good morning, gang, Good morning. So this is like a fox watching the Henhouse. For some reason, they gave Matt Miller keys to a place with ample liquor. Is is is Darren Brookside there to protect his investment? That's all I need to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, then is watching the house?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. That's good as long as it's it's not Buzzy's rooster, because we know what happens to Buzz's rooster. It's his neck ron. So how's everybody doing this morning?
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, here we've got the six adults and one canine. Of course Jack is here to be he's real happy. I didn't bring my two down. I don't think he's real fond of them yet. So we're just standing here hoddled up front of bars, staying more.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's real fond of your dogs. Lisa, Oh, I know, I know you.
Speaker 9: Well, people will go over to Dinan and so oh she's so pretty. They're going to patter on us. Now, she's a spawn of Satan.
Speaker 8: Get back.
Speaker 9: She will eat you alive.
Speaker 1: That is one mean doll. All right, so what's going on? Is the Queen of Hearts ever going to resume with drawings?
Speaker 9: Yes, next Wednesday night we've got over. It'll be over two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, So come on down, get your tickets, come down Wednesday night and have some fun with us.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. Anything else going on at Brookies this weekend we need to know about.
Speaker 9: Nope, we're just chilling out and having some nice adult beverages.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, hey.
Speaker 1: It's big, big time college football. I mean tonight's Ohio State, Indiana which I think is the National Championship game before the National Championship game. So I mean, I'm sure you got some interest in that kind of stuff around there too.
Speaker 4: Of course we do, of course we do.
Speaker 9: We've got some nos screens of televisions here is to watch. Yeah, I'm certain that'll be on tonight.
Speaker 1: And the chief Buckeye and bottle washer isn't around to bug people with his Ohio state gear.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sure we're still hearing though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can. You can hear him from Cankun. If the Buckeyes lose, believe me that that cry, that cry of agony will echo around the contiguous forty eight states. No, now, Matt Miller, I got to ask, Matt, uh, are you are you feeling kind of special now that you got the keys? You're the man?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's just temporary. So once I get the official.
Speaker 9: Key, then maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you know, every journey begins with a single step. Matt, good luck.
Speaker 8: It's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Walmar't makes sucret.
Speaker 1: What Sherry, what about the weather? What about the weather?
Speaker 4: Rock o weather?
Speaker 8: Rock well and add some white on it.
Speaker 9: You know this past week, you know, because it snows, so anyway.
Speaker 10: And so I have some more on it.
Speaker 9: I think Sunday night, you know, Saturday night and the Sunday So it's not gonna be good weather. It's too early for this bad weather. Hy Sherry worship beaver at you haven't been running your beaver, which I know asleep. Oh okay, I'm just getting one worried.
Speaker 1: You know what I find on is Lisa, that you're worried about Sherry's beaver. That's another story entirely, Steve.
Speaker 9: I hope that beaver's nights and warm and drop.
Speaker 1: Yes, we all do. Steve fromant In, Ohio is standing by with his commentary on affordability coming up now comic agenda and use the political buzzword of the day, which is of course affordability, to talk about that. Our friend Steve Simon comes in on a Saturday morning. Good morning, Steve, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 10: I must have gone through nine, ten, eleven, twelve pages on the internet on the subject of affordable ability, but this was probably the best summary of the situation. Now, this is from a Democrat perspective, comes from Bloomberg, and I'll read it directly in this year's elections, Democrats across the political spectrum built their campaigns around a single word, affordability. It paid off victories in New York City's mayor election, Virginia's governor election, New Jersey's governor election. In all of these, Bloomberg says, exit polling showed the concerns over prices and household budgets outranked crime, immigration, and abortion among top issues. So affordability, basically defined in terms of voters is, of course primary concern healthcare. The Democrats, of course, have made that number one housing, which by the way, is affected by the Federal Reserve most certainly, and other factors beyond Democrats and Republicans in Congress, and of course, third grocery prices. Now, let's examine that for just a second, and I want to compare affordability in terms of what voters think it is as opposed to how Washington, DC handles affordability. Of course, that would be the current administration and Congress. Now, the voters have a little ledger on the left is how much money is coming in. Supposedly, voters are making more money because of the tax situation with regard to Trump renewing the tax, the tax dropped that it occurred during its first administration. Now, voters in terms of costs, of course, are complaining bitterly, particularly about those three. They're worried about healthcare and what's going to happen to it, particularly in January. Housing Obviously, the price of housing is going up. The interest rates are going down. This week I saw four point sixty seven, which is pretty impressive. Grocery prices ain't gone down, although we have seen situations with regard to individual products like eggs, which by the way, is also affected by non governmental situations Washington. In terms of Donald Trump, let's talk about that a second income. Remember the Laugher curve during the Reagan administration. Yet you lower the tax rates, you actually take in more money. Now, I haven't heard our President Trump discussed that argue that say, that's what their intention is, that's what they think is going to happen. Most of the time he talks about things like tariffs and the effect of tariffs bringing more money, lots more money into the federal coffers. We've seen comments that if tariffs are as a effective as Donald Trump thinks they will be, we can think about eliminating the federal income tax. Well, well, I have searched some economists you know, around the country, both right and left, and almost all of them agree it could reduce the taxes more. But there's no way you're going to eliminate the federal income tax if you want to control the federal debt. And I think that is quite interesting. Ronald or excuse me. Donald Trump does not really talk about that, you know, thirty eight trillion dollar figure. No, no, he does not. And I think that's interesting because when we approach November of next year and that first midterm election, remember what I said a couple of months ago that the ninety years since FDR, no Democrat and no Republican has been able to escape a really, really bad mid term situation in Congress. They have lost members, both Republicans and Democrats. Good times and bad. If Donald Trump loses members, we're in trouble now. We had a good sign this week in Tennessee, as you know, seventh Congressional District, the West Point Graduate defeated the Communists.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 10: But what I'm concerned about is this situation with regard to the federal government predictions over say the next fifteen to twenty months. You know, let me summarize the situation with regard to the federal government. We're no longer going to be going to make pennies. We still are going to make dollars.
Speaker 4: We print them.
Speaker 10: Apparently on nausea. We had a government shut down that was really based Gary jeff on the question of affordability. The federal government suddenly found out again and again and again it does that. Well, Doug Gunnet, we spent a little too much, and where are we going to cut And you know, right in the middle of that debate, during the shutdown, we went right into healthcare with the Democrats, and they wanted to increase A and ACA benefits. I think that's very, very worrisome, and so I would say that the affordability question, I would take it off the table with regard to voters for about fifteen months, and I would question, what in the world are we going to do to avoid more shutdowns to actually get back to a system where we have an annual budget.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that would be helpful.
Speaker 10: And I think that's that's the big thing. The midterm election is going to be very very critical because you know, I know everybody in the audience knows if the Republicans actually lose in the House, the members that we desperately need to actually gain. We are in deep trouble with regard to the current situation that has been laid before us economically by President Trump. And that's where I put the affordability question. Anything you want to add to that.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you very much for that, Steve, and I would say that as long as they keep printing money, things aren't going to be affordable. The more we go into debt, the more expensive things get, and the more we have inflation. If you want to see healthcare become really unaffordable, make it free. And that is what has happened. It's all self fulfilling prophecy. And by the way, when Ronald Reagan took over in January of nineteen eighty one from the super inflation, super high interest rate period of Jimmy Carter and the economic manaise as it was called at the time, it took two years and Reagan's tax cuts to turn things around in this country. It's a big ship. You don't turn it around economically in nine months. We're on the way, but will it happen fast enough to save the Trump agenda and the Republicans in the House. That's the question. Ray and Loveland, brother, Ray Scott, how are you this morning?
Speaker 11: Good morning, My friend Gary's Jeff and he's exactly right. You're both exactly right. And I'll sum it up this way. And it's perception is reality, folks. Perception is reality. And there is a turbo lag in the effects of Trump coming back in. And we think Reagan had a mess. Trump's got it times about five probably, and it's world global and he's trying to solve it. But perception in his reality. And our friends on Democratic side, well, what James Carvel said, it's the economy stupid ninety two. You had a president had a ninety one percent approval Rady in nineteen ninety one and lost the election in ninety two on that message.
Speaker 12: And President Trump has got the message. He is on it in affordable perceived affordability, Perceived affordability must be achieved. So and we and I will not rest, by the way until Marshall Blackburn gets becomes a governor in Tennessee and gets a plaque up on Galaton Road stating that the birthplace here volunteer community, volunteer state community, College at WVCP, the birthplace of Gary Jeff Walker's broadcast career.
Speaker 3: God bless you, my.
Speaker 1: Brother, God bless you. Thanks. Let's see Steve Shulty on the way in moments, Saturday, December sixth, twenty twenty five. How you doing, Gary jaff with you left my phone at home? Just called my wife during the break on the station's phone since I left my phone at home and she can't find my phone, Chris to two point zero. If you find my phone, please call Liam and let him know. Jeez, the last thing she told me last night before he went to bed, don't forget your phone. I picked it up off the charger this morning on the way out the door and left it somewhere inside the house. I have no idea where, you know, Liam, Maybe maybe we should call my phone and see if it'll ring for her if I left the ringer on, which I hardly ever do. I'm sorry, I'm wasting valuable airtime. I'm wasting your time with this nonsense. Let's get to our environmental engineer, mister Steve Shulty on this and Steve, I left my phone at home, so I don't know what you text me. You wanted to talk about.
Speaker 13: All right, Well, we'll just start at the.
Speaker 1: Top, please, heck please.
Speaker 13: All right, first one, I have two articles this morning. The first one comes from the sci Tech Daily of November thirtieth. The headline says that rivaled ancient Egypt then vanished. New study points why the Indus Valley civilization fell And I got my curiosity because I never heard of the Indus Valley civilization. No so so anyway, the article talked about a series of severe droughts, each extending for more than.
Speaker 14: Eighty five years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 14: Was likely a.
Speaker 13: Major contributor to the graves will declined the Indus Valley civilization. According to research published in Communications.
Speaker 1: Earth and Environment, where exactly was the Indus.
Speaker 14: Valley Well, I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 13: Indus Valley civilization was among the world's earliest urban cultures, flourishing between five thousand and three thousand, five hundred years ago along the Indus River system and what is now Pakistan and northwest India. At its height between four thousand, five hundred and thirty nine hundred years ago, the society featured wealth, planned cities, and advanced water management. Despite this sophistication, the factors behind the civilization's slow decline have remained uncertain, but this research found. Their findings point to a regional temperature rise of one degree fahrenheit and an and and drop rainfall between ten and twenty percent. And this is all climate change, Gary Jeff without the burning of massive amounts of thought fuels. Interesting they also identified for extended droughts occurring as well as described before, lasting over forty eighty five years. And this resulted in the slow decline and eventual vanishing of this civilization. And you know this and this we read this all the time if you read anything about what went on in Central America with the Mayas and Aztecs and whatnot, a lot of what happened there and why the civilization vanished had to do with climate change without the burning of fossil fuels. I wonder why what's causing that anyway?
Speaker 14: Next one heartland.
Speaker 13: Dot org one of my favorite sources, the Climate Change Weekly number five sixty four.
Speaker 14: Of yesterday, headline.
Speaker 13: Greenland's temperature trends don't pre tract Well, excuse.
Speaker 14: Me, let's do it over again.
Speaker 13: Climate Greenland's temperature trends don't track climate change predictions. I said, well, I think I've heard this before. Research published in Weather and Climate Dynamics examined the history of Greenland between nineteen hundred and twenty fifteen, concluding temperature changes did not follow the temperature. The climate script allah computer models for not green half gas gas emissions and what they found basically that overall not much has changed Greenland. Temperature stations indicated there was an abrupt five point two degrees fahrenheit warming trend from nineteen twenty two to nineteen thirty two. This is when CO two in the atmosphere.
Speaker 14: Was increasing, but not a lot.
Speaker 13: That was also identical to about the five point six three fahrenheit warming trend from nineteen ninety three to two thousand and seven. So he's going, oh, well, we allow to CO two. But here's the interesting part, Gary Jeff. Between these two warming trends, there was an overall five point four the resturn height cooling from nineteen thirty three to nineteen ninety two, during a time where we hit very large temperature increases and almost you know, and not much warming in Greenland.
Speaker 14: So, like we said before, Aaron.
Speaker 13: Jeff, when it comes to these computer models, what they that they're used to tell us how bad it's gonna be garbage in garbage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you, Steven, I appreciate that. Coming up on twelve minutes after the hour, Kim is trying to call my phone to see if we can find my phone. So yesterday, well, will we hear it ring? Liam? Oh? I can? Oh, I can hear You can only hear ringing on air. Oh you cannot. Oh, well that doesn't work for this particular purpose.
Speaker 15: Forward to voice Manka, the person you're trying to reach is not a okay.
Speaker 1: So no, no one can find my phone. It did ring, however, correct, Liam? Did you make sure you leave a really nice voicemail for me whenever I find So yesterday I went to the store, went to Kroger to do some shopping in the morning before I went to work at the bar, I had my phone with me. I pulled out my phone in the middle of Kroger to find a recipe for something I was thinking about buying, to make sure I would know how to properly prepare it. So I looked at this recipe, said, oh, I can do that, picked up the item, put it in the cart, and put my phone in the top part of the grocery carts. Went to check out, pushed the cart out to my car, got home with when my groceries and found out I didn't have my phone. I had left it in the grocery cart? Have you ever done that? So frantically I run back, race back to Kroger. I still have time before work. I went early enough in the morning. No, no one's found it, so no one's brought it to the customer service desk as of yet. So now I'm really frantic. I'm back at home. I'm looking everywhere. Maybe it's in the car, maybe it fell down between the seats. One last gasp trip to Kroger, and I see one of the cart jockeys, a wonderful, hard working young man, out in the cold, bringing the carts into the store near the area where I had parked, And I said, did you happen to find an iPhone with a He said, what kind of case?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: It has a blue otter box case. It's kind of torn at the end, he said, I just brought it to the front door, so I'd left it in the cart. So this morning, again with admitnitions from my wife last night, did not forget my phone because it wasn't beside the bed where it usually is. I picked my phone up off the charger and left my phone at home, and now my wife can't even find it. So maybe I'll go to Kroger. I call this the and that Madman is Tom Davis with wild, wacky, weird stories from all around the country and all around the world. Tom.
Speaker 15: Please, good morning, Gary, Jeff this week, I bet you can't swallow that for thirty years. But first, A husband just filed for divorce after discovering that ninety four thousand dollars of the couple's money was missing. It seems his wife had become very fond of a live streamer and made donations to HYMN behind her husband's back. She bonded with the guy during the day while she was at home taking care of the house. Now she's looking for a new place to live. In Florida, a woman was arrested after an altercation on the interstate No, not a car to car road rage kind of thing, but passenger to passenger olive rage. Shep Leah Eliah was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after she threw a grocery bag containing a jar of olives at her sister. Although it did not hit the sister. The car was covered in olive juice. You've heard it before a seal walks into a bar, but this time it's actually true. A baby seal wandered into a bar in Richmond, New Zealand. The little guy hit under a dishwasher and was eventually lured back outside using salmon pattis. And finally, a man was rushed to the hospital with severe stomach pain. After doctors got a good look, they found a zippo. Apparently, this guy on a bet with his friends swallowed a lighter thirty years ago. It had taken this long for it to cause a problem. And as if that wasn't enough, you won't believe how they removed it. They knocked the guy out, then went down his throat and used a condom to scoop it up and safely remove it from his body.
Speaker 1: What a world.
Speaker 15: Next week, it started as a friendly neighborhood Christmas light competition. It ended when Grandma fired her gun. Have a great weekend into.
Speaker 1: Yet another hour of the Saturday Morning edition. Or this Saturday, December sixth, twenty twenty five, I'm Gary Jeff Walker. Shout outs to Bruce Rice and his lovely wife. Keepsake Kim and christ to two point zero and Frankie, and a special shout out this morning to one Julie Ericsson of Dayton, Ohio. Back when her husband was with us, Julie and her husband used to send gifts. We may have had a gift for Hobbs somewhere two years I know Brooksy got gifts and this week at the bar, addressed to Frankie, our latest wonder cat, Julie Ericson contributed a wonderful, thoughtful gift of a toy and Brooksy absolutely loved it. And I just wanted to thank Julie personally on the air, not only for this but through all the love she has shown our pets through the years. Noted and much appreciated. Thank you with love back to you. About seven minutes after the hour, I found my phone. By the way, he's so stupid.
Speaker 6: Yes, as a Knight of scientist who was surprising, the bell blinded me.
Speaker 1: With See what happened was I took the case off of it to charge it last night, and I didn't put the case back in, so it was in my car, but I couldn't find it because the case pa wasn't on and it was hiding from me. After all of that, rigamarole, Uh time for a science minute with science Mike. As I go on and on about absolutely nothing. How are you doing with Michael?
Speaker 3: I lost my phone in the car last night too.
Speaker 1: Did you really? Yes, I tell you, And I don't know if they fully appreciated it. As I walked by the newsroom, I said, this is like two Biden moments two days in a row with my phone and I'm only sixty five. Well not even so, this is way too early for this to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first time in four years the gas has dropped under three dollars a gallon nationally.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear that on the news.
Speaker 1: I watched. I watched that this morning as I passed by the speedway there in Newport on my way in to seventy eight a gallon this morning, And yeah, I want I wonder why that's everybody's talking about affordability and they're not talking about the dropping gas prices. I wonder why one why?
Speaker 5: I hope Radio Rick and Day from Harrison are listening right now. Brady Rick, the European radio, the German radios that didn't go over a hundred megahertz. Yeah, they did try putting it to up to one hundred and eight megahurst Jerry, Gary Jeff in the nineteen thirties, but it created such a furor.
Speaker 1: Did you say it created such a furr?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Liam, where's the Dave disclaimer that we use at six o'clock?
Speaker 5: Hey, that's what's that's a higher level Joe.
Speaker 6: Old by Day from Harrison. Are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management or advertisers of seven hundred wlw ors parent company iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming anyway. Anyway, Michael, you were saying.
Speaker 8: Last last thing, we get to the topic, Ry Jeff.
Speaker 5: Electric prices in areas with data centers going in over the last five years have increase over two hundred.
Speaker 1: And fifty Oh yeah, no, that's that's happening.
Speaker 3: To put it on their bill and not our bill.
Speaker 1: Well, and many of these data centers are coming with their own power plant plant that they are paying for, and that's that should be the case. The AI centers of the data centers should be self sustaining and off off of the everyday people's electrical grid. There's no question.
Speaker 5: So let's get to the science man and we digress a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that.
Speaker 5: They found that on Mars, Gary Jeff, that actually time is running faster on Mars, which is kind of a big deal if since we're going to eventually go there, and I don't want clocks to sink up when you're trying to figure out where somebody that on the GPS on Mars, Mars is actually running four hundred and seventy seven microseconds faster per day than here on Earth. And the reason for that is because under Einstein's general relativity theory, the higher the gravitational field that you're in or the warping of space, the slower time is run. So Mars since it's further from the Sun than the Earth and it has more gravitational bodies pulled on like Jupiter, Saturn and actually Earth and our noon at their gravity well is much less than our gravity well, so time because of that theory from doctor Einstein, at their time on Mars is running a bit a bit faster, so okay, not a real big thing, but you know when you're when you're trying to figure out like here on Earth, like they have to recalibrate the GPS units to uh for the tough of the time dilation for the same effects to the GPS signals actually locate or working in sync with our time. So you're missing phone time on on on the on the surface.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, exactly why that makes sense. Yeah, but but there's really nobody on Mars right now as far as we know, so they've they've got to they've got a while to work on it.
Speaker 3: There's no loss bones on Mars.
Speaker 1: No, no, goodbye, thank you eight twelve at seven hundred w l W for a rain snow mix before we're done, Brother Green, good morning, God, bless you. How are you? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Gary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going on.
Speaker 3: My spear is just on fire this morning, me and God.
Speaker 4: I've been having a Halley.
Speaker 16: Loujash back in for a couple of hours now.
Speaker 3: I love starting to day with him. Gary.
Speaker 1: And you say that God likes your coffee, I.
Speaker 16: Think he does because he shows up every time the coffee makers go off.
Speaker 14: I think he joins coffee too.
Speaker 1: What do you got for us this morning?
Speaker 16: We have found sixty eight Birth nineteen It says, praise be to the Lord, to the God, our savior, who daily bear our burden.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 16: I'm too grateful for that, Gary, daily bears our burdens.
Speaker 1: I am grateful, and I'm grateful that you call me every Saturday morning and we have this little bit of time to disseminate the truth over these fifty thousand watts. And you know what, in the spirit of praise, as Jesus was triumphantly coming into Jerusalem, he told the pharisees Luke nineteen forty, I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out, meaning that if people stop praising him, even inanimate creation, the rocks would have to proclaim his glory, you know. And when it's coming out of the radio, it's kind of like the stones crying out his name. You know what I mean.
Speaker 14: Bless your holy name, Bless his holy name.
Speaker 16: We have such a blessed people, Gary, I wish you could truly understand.
Speaker 3: That we are so blessed.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a better understanding every day. Rick, thank you so much. It's age sixteen after the Word of God. A word of the day from that Teresa. Good morning that Teresa.
Speaker 17: Greetings, inside utations, Gary Jeff, brother Green, thank you as always for bringing me to the to the Word of God and bestowing that upon me. You know what, we truly need that every day we need to start out.
Speaker 8: We're just looking and say up and saying, you know, thank you God. That's what I do.
Speaker 17: Every morning, and I say thank you. I'm grateful that I'm awake. So howard you Gary Jeff, Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine since I found my phone.
Speaker 17: Weird, you're in my mind, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 8: So now that you found your phone, sweetheart, Yeah.
Speaker 17: I guess all good with the world. A glorious morning to you, christ to tube point hos cleek cleek RANKI cat. Oh wonder have you ever been dared to do something?
Speaker 4: Gary Jeff?
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, okay, somebody.
Speaker 17: Says, you know you, you can't do this, you can't do that. You and they say I dare you and say yeah, whatever, and they say I double dare you. Now I understand I'm sixty three and that's juvenile, but I have been double dared and sir, oh no, this next word, the word of the day, I can only say it with the stut is thro Oh are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes, goose?
Speaker 17: Then this star walker today word is klisch mcclover. It needs gossip, iron talk or chatter.
Speaker 8: In a sentence, he dismissed.
Speaker 17: The rumor as near klitsch mcclover.
Speaker 4: The l I S H M A C L A V E R.
Speaker 8: By those bad love you all times?
Speaker 1: Good day to this? What is he on? Oh man? I think I saw her in that Mel Gibson movie. Join the mental health Coalition in good morning kids, Time for gifts from Wally. Look who's talking now. A young ventriloquist is touring the country. One night, he's doing a show in a small town in Arkansas. With his dummy on his knee. He starts going through his usual litany of dumb blonde jokes. Suddenly, a blonde will in the fourth row stands on her chair and start shouting, I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being. It's guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community, and from reaching our full potential is a person because you and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general and all in the name of stupid humor. The embarrassed ventriloquists began to apologize, but the woman yells back, you stay out of this, mister. I'm talking to the little jerk on your knee. Shoot out out of the way. We can all go back to what we were doing before eight forty on a Saturday morning when we usually talk to Moegar and I'm assuming that we are right now because I see his name lit up on my call screen.
Speaker 8: Hey Mo, before we dive into my unique brand of sports commentary and analysis, I need to tell you what I'm doing this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, do you feel it's really necessary to tell me what you're doing?
Speaker 8: Yes, because I'm at Walmart on Ferguson Road, and I'm with my friend Deja Gross from Channel nine and we are collecting toys for the good folks at Toy Team nine and Santa Maria Community Services. And so if you are here on the west side of Cincinnati, come to Walmart and number one help me pretend that last night's basketball game didn't happen. A number two donate a toy to make kids holiday season strider.
Speaker 1: What is that location again? We want to get some people there right now, Mo.
Speaker 8: Ferguson Road here on the west side of Cincinnati. And if you're not on the west side, fourteen different Walmart locations Rock Creators, sin Platting collecting toys. I will be here until ten o'clock. So if you're on the west side, please come by and if you if you donate a toy, I will personally hand you a candy cane.
Speaker 1: Wow. So, I mean, this is an incredible ingenious setup. Who I don't know who thought about this, but they ought to be nominated for some kind of prize. You're at a Walmart where toys are readily available and on sale. Yeah, I mean for good prices. You can simply go there, buy a toy and then donate it and then get a candy cane.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know we have.
Speaker 8: We have done this for years, and we've had folks in the past who like show up and they're doing like their normal shopping. They see us and then they'll load up like an entire shopping cart full of toys. Now that is obviously extremely generous, but uh yeah, the good news here they have plenty of toys. The prices are amazing. And so if you're on the west side and uh, and you know what I need or I need a bag of apples or something, while you're getting those needs, while you're getting those goods, buy a toy I donated to me, I get a free candy came.
Speaker 1: I misunderstood. I thought you personally needed milk or apples.
Speaker 8: I could use my coffee's empty. So I you know, if anybody want to stop, can also pick up a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Come come buy the the Walmart on Ferguson Avenue over on the west side and get moa cup of coffee and donate a toy, darn.
Speaker 8: It, and you get a candy cane.
Speaker 1: You know what. And I'm one of those kind of people that if I believe in a charity, and if I were there, I would be definitely buying a toy at a good price and giving donat I don't I don't know if I've got enough money for a whole cart of toys, and I would probably get you a coffee. But you know what, else I would, I would say, you know what, keep my candy cane and give it to someone else, give it to someone more deserving. I don't even need the I don't even need the enticement of a case Andy Kane to give out of the bounty of my abundance. All right, I'm telling you, well, you know you can. You can temp me if you want to try, mister all right, So first thing before we get into breaking down what you don't want to talk about. From last night at the Centa Center, I fully expect, after hearing the UK score this morning, for Alan Cutler to be chasing Mark Pope through the athletic Director's office and at UK I think, I think that's going to happen.
Speaker 8: Well, Alan Culor has lost a step the.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and he's not chasing your.
Speaker 8: Drunk no no, gone sideways pretty quickly from Mark Pope. You know they were, they were good last year and maybe the Sweet sixteen. Offensively, they were, you know, frankly what they hadn't been in recent years under John Callaperry. This year, I watched them against Purdue in a scrimmage in an exhibition game, and I thought, man, this team is a chance to be as good as last year, if not even better at.
Speaker 10: It they were.
Speaker 8: You don't watch UK basketball and see the Wildcats look as non competitive as they were last night. Now Gonzaga had a lot to do with that, but they were scoreless for eleven minutes. The other night against North Carolina. They were largely non competitive for large stretches of the excuse me, the Michigan State game. They fell in the two major holes against Louisville. And look, they're playing high end competition right They have Indiana coming up next weekend. The Hoosiers are good this year, and so they're playing really good teams Carolina and Michigan State. Louisville's got a chance to get to the final four. Gonzaga is really good, but what they put on the floor last night is nowhere close to what I think anybody thought this was going to look like. Under Mark Pope and the Natives are getting restless and understand, well, when.
Speaker 1: You're UK, you're supposed to play good teams. I mean, that's that's part of that's what that's what comes with the gig. At Kentuck, you.
Speaker 8: Played good teams, and when you play good teams, you're going to take some losses, you're not supposed to lose all of them, and you're not supposed to be non competitive, and right now, both those things are true.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to lose by thirty five points in what's even though it's a neutral court, it's basically a home court in Nashville. I mean, there're lots lots of UK fans make that trip. UK fans travel as you know, all right, back back to the h back to the black day for UC fans on Victory Parkway last night at the Centaz Center. What did you see and what I saw? What little I saw of the game, And you saw it all mo, you you were there for every heart stopping moment. But what I saw mostly was a UC team that couldn't shoot straight.
Speaker 8: I saw a UC team that made no defensive adjustments to a guy having the game of his life and the story of the game. You know, I think there's three of them. The headliner is Trey Carroll, who was awesome last night. You know, that game has a tendency to be about like a guy, you know, just having a game that just goes down in Skyline Chili Crosstown shootout lore is you know, the Trey Carroll game, the tray Von blue A game, the yeah, the Lenny Brown game, and last night was the Trey Carroll game. He was terrific, you know, I mean, heck, he scored thirty points and he was one for six from the free throw line, and so he had a chance to have an even bigger night, but he was awesome. And so that's obviously a big story. I think what Richard Patino has done with his team is a significant story because Gary Jeff, three and a half weeks ago, I watched them fall behind by thirty four points at home against Santa Clara, and I wasn't sure they'd win ten games this year. And look their their talent level is limited. I think every even most diehard Zager fan would admit that. But they've gotten better. They've improved dramatically over the last three and a half weeks. They run really good stuff offensively. Last night they had just four turnovers, two of them were very late, so they're good at taking care of the ball, and they're just you're seeing improvement, and I think you're seeing enough improvement that at the Big East, which is not great this year, maybe this season can be something that Zager fans didn't think it could be. And then it's the Bearcats. There's a lot there, man. I think when you look at the game last night, Trey Carroll had the game of his life. Cincinnati almost never double teamed them. They never made any adjustment to him. Wes Miller said after the game, Well, we really haven't worked on doubling the post. I'm not sure how's that that could be the case. They never sent another defender to him, They never did anything to take the ball out of his hand, they never did anything to keep him from catching it. They never did anything but beyond just put him in single coverage, and whoever was guarding him, Trey just absolutely abused. And so I think wes Miller is in the crosshairs for a lot of different reasons. On a micro level, how could you make no adjustments to a guy who single handily was torching you. How have you not practiced doubling the post. You're gonna play in the Big twelve against post players who are NBA guys far better, nothing against Trey Carroll, but far better than Trey Carroll. You haven't worked on doubling the post. That doesn't make any sense. And then there's just the NCAA tournament. Matt. Look, we've all said it. Derkats probably have to get to the NCAA Tournament for Wes Miller to stay employed as the head basketball coach at the University of Cincinnati, or at least be in a conversation, right. I mean a lot of folks have said, well, maybe it's NCAA tournament or bust. But let's see what it looks like. Right if they're team number sixty nine, If if we wake up on selections Sunday and think, well, they've got a shot, but man, they just don't get in. Okay, but they have three losses already. Next week they have to play a good Georgia team in Atlanta. The week after that, they have to play a good Clemson team in South Carolina. It is conceivable that they have five losses before going into the Big Twelve. And then think about some of the teams they're going to play in the Big Twelve. They had one non league loss going into the Big Twelve last year and still didn't come close to making the NCAA Tournament. And so you just kind of wonder, like in a year that has been defined by boy the Bearcat's got to get in this year, or they've at least got to have a chance to get in this year. It feels like that may be extinguished before we even get to the new year. That's not where you want to be if you're Wes Miller, and I think you're being fair. If you look at this and you look at how they've played, not just last night, but against Eastern Michigan, against Louisville, in large stretches of some of the game's day one, you're trying to figure out, how, in the best conference in America are you gonna win enough games to get to the NCAA Tournament. I don't I don't know how. I don't know how you do that. I don't know how you watch how this team is played. I don't know how you see what they do and don't do and arrive at the conclusion that they're just sort of taking some early lumps here in the non league portion of the schedule, but they'll hit the ground running in Big Twelve play play in March and everything will be good from there. I don't know how you do that. I know we have a gentleman who's dropping off like seven different toys and I think we're going to give him seven different CANDI games.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's wonderful. It's the power of MO, the power of moh Ohio State. Indiana Tonight the Big Ten championship in college football. To me, it's not only one versus two. I think this is a national championship game. Well why do we play the rest of the playoffs?
Speaker 5: Mo?
Speaker 8: You know, on one hand, it's going to be I think it's going to be a heck of a game. You have two Heisman Trophy caliber quarterbacks, although your guy advantaged, Diego Pavia is going to have something to.
Speaker 14: Say about that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely sure.
Speaker 8: You have the two teams that head and shoulders above it, beyond anybody else that'd been the best two teams in the Big Ten. At the same time, you know, there's there's sort of a college basketball conference tournament championship game field to this, and because both teams are going to be in the playoff obviously seeding is going to be sort of on the line here. But it's still significant. It's still significant for Indiana University. You know, IU hasn't won a Big Ten title, I think since nineteen forty five. They've been one of the most cool one of the coolest stories in college football over the last couple of years. But you're right, we could see these two teams play each other again. We could see either one of these teams play for a national championship. I think it's going to be interesting. You know, Ohio State wins the game last week right against Michigan, the big rivalry game. So much went into that. There's obviously bigger fish to fry in the playoff. I do wonder, and I don't think this will be the case, but I do wonder if emotionally there's maybe a little bit of a letdown given the fact that this game sort of sandwiched in between two games or two you know, a tournament and the Michigan game, which are to a degree bigger than the Big Ten title game tonight.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds, MO tell me Bengals Bills. Does Joe Burrow best Josh Allen again?
Speaker 8: I think it's about Joe Burrow's besting James Cook, because I think if you're the Bills, you go, you know what, We're not going to do what the Ravens did last week. Baltimore didn't give the ball to Derek Henry had ten carries in the game, five in the first half. Buffalo is not going to do that. If the Bengals can stop the run, the answer is yes. If the Bengals can't, Joe Burrow is not going to be on the field enough to best anybody.
Speaker 1: I got you. Moegger is at the Walmart on Ferguson Road on the west side. Go buy a toy this morning, donate it, find find Mo and who are you with? From Channel nine?
Speaker 10: Mo?
Speaker 8: Dajah Gross and I are.
Speaker 1: Here all right, Dejah Gross.
Speaker 8: She's about to go on TV. She's about to go on TV right.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, going live on Channel nine.
Speaker 8: We're collecting toys.
Speaker 1: Get out there this morning, get to any Walmart, donate a toy and make a kid happy and possibly get a candy cane from moe Egger counselor how are we? I'm doing good, Gary, Jeff? How about you doing fine? Doing fine? Do you like the joke this morning? That was great? That really was My wife said an oldie, but a goodie. But then she's blonde. So what's on the show today?
Speaker 18: Well, we're gonna be talking a lot about the situation with the Somalian craft and corruption in Minnesota. I'll tell you what, I have never seen anything like that. The numbers are staggering, one billion, and one of the whistleblowers said he believes it could get up to eight eight billions.
Speaker 1: Now in the hell, don't you know about that? If you're stolen Minnesota exactly and gone to Al Shabad which is a terror grey in Somalia. To put the cherry on top. Yeah, I mean, did you see the Babylon Bee this week? The headline was no remake of Black Hawked down to be filmed in Minnesota. In Minneapolis, all right, So that's Mike Allen Saturday Midday coming up next after the show show at Huddles. Please come out and visit us. It's so cold and it's nice and warm and toasty inside, and the TVs are working this week and the beer is perfect, So thank you. That's it. Nightcaps on Tuesday, and I'll be somewhere around here. Just just turn on your radio any day of the week and scan the dial and you can probably find me. Seven ountder WLW