Speaker 1: It is Treasure Island match day. There is a big day on KAT match day that that if you are going to donate today to katwdb's Christmas wish, we are going to do. Treasure Island's going to match that. So if you get fifty bucks, then it's another fifty bucks. It's a big match day. They do this a couple of times during Christmas Wish, and we should have done it last week, but we thought, oh, let's wait a little bit, so we're doing it today. So how do you donate, Jenny, what do you do? And how do you know? And we're going to follow We're gonna track the matches. We're gonna track all these matches too.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So you go to KTWB dot com slash wish. You can't miss it once you get to that page because there's a big red donate button you hit and then you can donate whatever amount you're able to there.
Speaker 4: And then I'm able to look at our little bank account.
Speaker 2: And be like, oh, wow, see the money.
Speaker 4: We just got a ten.
Speaker 3: Dollars donation, Oh a fifty We're up to one thousand dollars now. So if you guys going to match that, So I will be doing math all morning.
Speaker 4: Good too, that's what's happening math.
Speaker 2: And you love when she does math? I do love what.
Speaker 1: So starting starting right now, starting right now, Okay, I want to thank Fido's Pantry over in Chan happening because they heard about Christmas wish and they're a big pet supply pet food company, and so Sarah and Andy, they are the owners, charming local people, and they said, what can we do to help out? And I said, well, we have a wish here that's got a dog and a couple of cats. I went over there yesterday expecting like a bag of cat food, a bag of dog food, maybe a bag of kitty litter. Holy buckets, I had to I threw out my back carrying about five hundred dollars No lie, uh, carrying dog food out to the car with Sarah's help. She's stronger than me. She did a lot of the lifting. But shout out to like the local companies who help us out. And we just really appreciate all the offers from oil changes to pizzas and all of the little things. So but if you if you're going, wow, my company really wants to help out. How can I get you like a product, a box of things to bring the easiest way to do it is just to donate. Just to donate online on katiewb dot com, slash wish.
Speaker 2: Do you guys like Christmas? I like Chris, you like Christmas? Movies?
Speaker 1: Can give you some fun facts about Christmas movies. For example, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer stop motion in nineteen sixty four, all done in Japan, All done in Japan.
Speaker 2: They did that in Japan. Yeah, what do you know?
Speaker 1: Jim Carrey was supposed to play Elf, not Will Ferrell.
Speaker 2: Jim Carrey. Yes.
Speaker 1: The movie, the classic movie that everybody knows, It's a Wonderful Life, was a total box office flop when it was released in nineteen six, total box office flop.
Speaker 5: That's like, I think I read somewhere that that's like the best feel good Christmas movie ever, like, quote unquote, that's like the one.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of shows that are like that too, Like in their prime they're like but then it's syndication.
Speaker 2: They come back and it's like, oh, this is good. So I wonder when that movie popped off.
Speaker 1: Eight year old Natalie Wood in the movie Miracle on thirty Fourth Street actually believed that the guy who played Santa Claus was actually Santa Claus. It's funny if you look at that movie, his beard is way too short to be It's way too for the beard.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell actually ate so much sugar while filming Elf that he had trouble sleeping. It is a true story. John Candy was in the movie Home Alone. Remember they were trying to get home and the mom rode back with him in the back of a van.
Speaker 2: Ye yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And he shot all of his scenes for Home Alone in long one long, twenty three hour day on the set.
Speaker 5: I probably did that though, too, Like can I just be here one day and then just not have to be here again?
Speaker 1: Twenty three hours is long, long day, long day in the movie A Christmas Story, Little Uh what's his name?
Speaker 2: Anyway? The kid?
Speaker 4: What's the I don't know. You love that movie?
Speaker 2: Ralph Ralphie Helphie? Was that true? I just gets it? Is rocky? Yeah to me.
Speaker 1: He recently revealed that on the set there's a scene where he has to do a chewing tobacco and he's spitting out chewing tobacco because he's thinking he's a cowboy. Somebody gave him real chewing tobacco on the set, and it made him sick. Because if you were ever a kid that has tried chewing tobacco, it will make you sick.
Speaker 4: Is that when you tried chewing tobacco.
Speaker 2: I was about twelve or thirteen years old. I tried chewing tobacco.
Speaker 1: Didn't know you're not supposed to swallow the juices.
Speaker 2: I wanted to die. Wanted to die. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: Another one vincent price was considered for the part of the villain, mister Potter and It's a Wonderful Life. The Grinch was black and white in the original Doctor Seus's book, but the director of the TV show in nineteen sixty six decided, let's not make him black and white, Let's make him green exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh now I want to see original Grinch.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go.
Speaker 3: Have you guys heard about because I heard this forever agoing and just popped up on my feet. Jim Carrey when he had to play the Grinch, he went through basically like a CIA initiative, like torture training, because it felt like he was being buried alive every time he had to put on the Grinch outfall.
Speaker 2: Oh my yeah, it was like hours and hours.
Speaker 3: He said, like the first day it was eight hours, and he like went into his trailer, punched a hole in the wall or kicked a hole in the wall and was like, I can't do this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's very true. He worked with a CIA specialist who trained agents to survive torture in order to get through the painful makeup process. Wow, that is absolutely true. And then one more little fun fact rude Alph the Red Nose Reindeer. It's not really a movie fun fact, but it was created as a advertisement for Montgomery Wards.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what Montgomery Wards was. It was kind of the J. C.
Speaker 1: Penny of its day, kind of the Seers of its day. And they put together a pamphlet of all about Santa's Rain Deer. And then they asked this songwriter, can you write a song? Rudolph's original name was not Rudolph, was it Clarence Reginald Reginald or Rollo the Red Nose rein deer nose rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm perfect.
Speaker 1: Rudolph is perfouse and Christmas fun facts for you on have you made a donation yet?
Speaker 2: Make a donation? So we can brag about you.
Speaker 1: And when you make a donation, text in and tell us who if you want to make it like you know, dedicate it to your kids, or in honor of your kids, or in honor of your mama who was always giving you. Moms make Christmas. Am I right about that? Moms really make Christmas. Dads are there to like, you know, put the star on top of the tree or carry the tree up from downstairs or whatever it is. But moms really make Christmas. Do a Christmas wish, I'm a donation in honor of your mama, then text me at KDWB one and let us know your name and that it's in honor of your mama.
Speaker 2: This text wants to know will they match any amount?
Speaker 1: Forty thousand dollars I'm gonna I'm gonna hold them to that. Yet if somebody matt yes, if they let's say any amount yes, And I mean what do you mean by that? You mean five hundred easily, one thousand, easily five thousand, yes, that we're gonna hold them to that. Treasure Island is like very generous. They will definitely help us out. Go donate now while you're thinking about it.
Speaker 2: We'll be right.
Speaker 1: Not a single donation. You can't make this stuff up. Not a single donation. So I know that people are busy. I knew you get stuff going on, but it is I don't know. What do you What do you want me to do? You want me to hold my breath until we get donations for Christmas? Wish? I guarantee I can hold my breath longer than you, guys, I guarantee I can. What about underwater, It doesn't matter whether it's underwater or not.
Speaker 6: I think it's tougher and I can definitely hold my breath longer underwater than.
Speaker 4: We did that one time where we stuck our.
Speaker 2: Head in a bucket. We see all the stuff we've done.
Speaker 1: I was reading there's something on like the History of Woodbury something page, and there's a big article they're doing on Facebook about KTWB And because KDWB used to be in Woodbury kind of where Tamarack Village shopping center is kind of that used to be nothing but antelope and cactus out there, and then KTWGB sat out there by itself, and I was reading some of the stories that KATWGB used to do. There was a dj that worked in the morning on KTWB, and he declared himself Emperor of Wisconsin, and he said he was going to take over Wisconsin. And I don't know how far. His name was Charlie Brown, stolen from the Peanuts character. But that's what DJs do. And so he declared himself Emperor of Wisconsin and decided he's going to take it over.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he did.
Speaker 1: And then they used to go out in like a slow moving car or float and clog up traffic and hand out bumper stickers to drivers and then somebody else got suspended or something. I don't remember exactly, but man, these radio DJs are wacky. It was the sixties. In the sixties, yeah, wow. But that's where KATIEBB used to be. That's why it's called radio drive because there was nothing.
Speaker 2: Did you not know that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I ninety four and radio drive And that's Katie able to be used to sit out there by kind of like all by. It's lonesome, huh. And then they did get the timeline wrong. They said they moved to the Minneapolis in nineteen ninety four. I think they moved around eighty six or eighty seven something like that.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: But for years, and here we are now in this glimmering tower of stealing glass, sixty story revolving space needle studio, without a single donation today.
Speaker 2: For Christmas wish on match day fumbling.
Speaker 1: So let's make a donation if you can even ten dollars and then let me know. Jenny's tracking these donations. And you got nutting so far, I've got nothing fun, nothing, okay, despicable.
Speaker 2: Please make a donation.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things that we are here for today in Treasure Island is matching, So please go do that. In a bizarre our sign of the times, Ozimpic is now hanging from the Christmas tree. Yes, a popular Christmas ornament this year is a trinket shaped like a syringe of ozimpic.
Speaker 2: Lord, that's weird.
Speaker 4: That's a weird choice.
Speaker 2: Although I think it is weird.
Speaker 6: I've been seeing in like the Walmart isles, the weird ornaments that are shaped like a Dorito's bag or I love that they're just so random, like well, I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean think about that, like in generations past, it was like a ball at Christmas ball and then your kids homemade ornaments and now it's fun stuff a Dorito's bag.
Speaker 4: Hilarious.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 6: What are you going to do with the Colonel Sanders KFC ornament?
Speaker 2: Laugh at it? Yeah, that's character. That's funny. I saw on the other day. It was a glimmering hot dog. Dog.
Speaker 3: Just got you one because there's one apatina that's of the our cookies that we love, those sugar cookies with.
Speaker 4: The frost seed.
Speaker 2: Yes, the ones in the clamshell tin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it kind of looks like it was just like a miniature version of it, and it didn't really look like an ornament because it.
Speaker 2: Was literally plastic. Well liked for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Ornament.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: In other hold on, there was a couple of more things I wanted to pass along to you on you can't make this stuff.
Speaker 2: I have to scroll.
Speaker 1: Here we go things that make us feel cozy this time of the year. We all love cozy, and here we go. Curling up on the couch feels cozy. Layers of blankets. A DJ's soothing voice made that up. But I'm being soothing right now, enjoying the quiet. Yeah, sleeping in, making fresh tea, coffee or hot chocolate makes you feel cozy.
Speaker 4: You do that every day, Dave I do.
Speaker 1: It's on my Instagram story this morning. Yeah, I saw it. I was making an espresso and I put it on my story.
Speaker 5: I am thrilled because today, like I often have things that I do pretty much every night. Today, after I like get off of work, go home. I don't have to go anywhere. Oh that's a rare day. And it's supposed to snow a bush.
Speaker 1: Well, that's next on the list. Things that make you feel cozy this time of the year, not leaving home, watching the cold, snowy weather outside, hit the spot lighting candles. I have a candle on my desk. I don't know what scent it is, tangerine, I don't know it's orange. I'm not sure what it is, but I lit it last night as I was working on Christmas wish and it was just cozy.
Speaker 2: I have a cozy voice on you like the cozy voice all the time.
Speaker 1: We should start playing light rock favorites of the seventies and eighties Barber streisand coming up next.
Speaker 4: To my husband I love you baby.
Speaker 1: Putting on relaxing music and spending time with the family makes you feel cozy this time of the year.
Speaker 2: I'm coz M M M.
Speaker 1: Music ran out. Now feels weird. Now this feels weird. Okay, so let's get your sing along song of the day. Donate please, no donations yet, Jenny is as skinny.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I think they're starting to come through now, are they?
Speaker 3: Because but I'm just double checking with some people who have donated to verify because the problem is is that the timeframe of this is messed up on the action.
Speaker 1: Gotcha send me your sing along song of the day. We'll do that next on Katie, will you be texting with your sing along song of the day suggestion and we'll play it when She'll never yuck someone's yum Bailey on the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show one on one point three, kat w b.
Speaker 2: She's all happy.
Speaker 1: She had a date last night and they might have touched tongues maybe.
Speaker 4: And I did not touch my no, but you might have touched tongues. It maybe came close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's on a streak fund because usually she blows it by date number one point six.
Speaker 2: Always be like, I mean, he was perfect. There was literally my dream man. But his shoe was untied.
Speaker 6: That means that means he doesn't pay attention to the small details.
Speaker 1: It's true. So we'll get an update on that a little bit later. By the way, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. We are now getting donations coming in. Thank you to Carry for donating fifty dollars. A lot of people just said they donated, but they didn't give their name. Westy gave us fifty dollars. They said, love what you guys do for Christmas. Wish used to work at TI wonderful that they are matching today, and yes, they are matching today. As somebody said, I donated for a second time. Another one says, I just donated Katie from eastern Minnesota.
Speaker 2: And then here's one.
Speaker 1: David just donated one hundred dollars for my wife Denise.
Speaker 2: Who loves you and listens all the time.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: I think you're all right, Well, thank you, thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: We have a total Jenny, Ay, we're at dollars.
Speaker 2: Shut the front door, Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went from zero to eight hundred dollars in a couple of minutes of me begging and bitching.
Speaker 2: Is that with the match or no?
Speaker 4: No, that's not all beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the matches sixteen it's crazy. We had a request a little while ago for the single loong song. By the way, don't think you're off the hook, because if you don't continue to donate, Daddy Bear will continue to growl and Daddy Bear will continue to fuss until we get more donations.
Speaker 5: Wondering why you kept putting your hand in a honey jar over there, I was like, that seems sticky, but okay.
Speaker 2: We're gonna sing a long song of the day. This is a great one.
Speaker 1: You never hear this song anymore, but it's everywhere. From Michelle Branch. Thanks for the suggestion on the singing along song of the day I know.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Treasure Island match Day is today.
Speaker 1: Just got a two hundred dollars donation from Patty in honor of her mom, who always made Christmas so special. Unless something that Patty has tried very hard, and I'm sure you've done well to pass on to your kids as well. So donate for match day today. If you've been holding off on donating because you're waiting for match day, today is the day. Donate for Christmas Wish on katiewb dot com slash wish quick version of the dirt Let's get started. This is the shocking ending to the Eagles Chargers game last night. Chargers won twenty two to nineteen in overtime. A shocking ending hurts kakes close.
Speaker 3: From up.
Speaker 2: No sub kit I'm a Childon's Woman.
Speaker 1: Program, So it happens all the time. Being a you know, a football veteran myself. They're trying for a football, you know, like a past when the last few seconds or an overtime and then they rushed the pass, they hurry the pass and they throw an interception.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 3: Eminem had this strangest request from Kitlin's Win's let once upon a time, because she's on this promotional tour for Avatar, and she told the story that he asked her to shave his butt cheeks once because they were booked on a Saturday Night Live episode in two thousand and four, and she said, Eminem asked me to shave his bottom. I said, I'm sorry, I don't do personal grooming. I'm not going to go in with a big razor and get your crack.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 3: But it also says it should be noted that Eminem was so four years away from getting sober at that point.
Speaker 2: Because that was two thousand and four okay.
Speaker 5: Leonardo DiCaprio has been named Entertainer of the Year by Time magazine, and he said the way he balances his fame with privacy is that I simply I think my simple philosophy is only get out there and do something when you have something to say or you have something to show for it. Otherwise, just disappear as much as you possibly can. He says he doesn't want people to get sick of him.
Speaker 6: There's a video going viral of Joejonas struggling the parallel park in New York's in Manhattan, and first of all, it's New York, so I get it. But also I feel my driver, says the first time, because I didn't know how to parallel park. And it's funny because the person that recorded it, it was just a random stranger. He commented on their video, was like, and I saw you watch and not help once.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that he was a good sport about it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Sydney Sweeney sets the record straight on plastic surgery. In case you were wondering scared.
Speaker 4: Of needles, You cannot compare a photo of me from when.
Speaker 7: I was twelve to a photo of me at twenty six with professional make in lighting.
Speaker 4: Of course looked different.
Speaker 2: Totally true.
Speaker 1: So she's saying she did not get plastic surgery. Yes he's twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like okay.
Speaker 3: Kevin Costner is hosting an ABC special the first Christmas apparently, which I just like, I can only think of him from Yellowstone, So him hosting like some kind of Christmas thing, this feels a little weird to.
Speaker 1: Me because on the Yellowstone he's always like this, We're gonna put him to take him to the train station and kill him.
Speaker 2: Put him in the train station, you know what to do? Was that really his voice? Yeah? You kind of talk. Fallon did a great impression of him.
Speaker 4: What was the hot guy's name that roadhouse grip? I said, trigger rip. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of Will Ferrell's Elf costumes sold for three hundred and nineteen thousand dollars auction in the UK on Friday. The listing said this costume he was the one that he wore when he pushed every button in the elevator because he thought it looked like a Christmas tree. It was the most Christmas the item at the auction, but not the most expensive one of Harrison Ford's Fedora's from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sold for four hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: And then Boba Fett's Blaster from the Empire Strikes Back had six hundred and thirteen thousand dollars parent crazy wow.
Speaker 6: That is Here is a clip of John Cena talk about his love for hip hop.
Speaker 7: I loved the rebellious nature of hip hop and that's how I became an unlikely source connected to that. I loved the bravado and the strength and the truth and the message and like man, they weren't holding back with anything they were saying.
Speaker 1: That is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured. We're going to talk to Aaron from Treasure Island in a second to talk about match day.
Speaker 2: It is match day. What is our total up to now?
Speaker 4: Jenny at ninety five douars?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: That is awesome. That goes so far it Please donate for match Day. Treasure Island matching everything at katiewb dot com, slash wish