Speaker 1: I got finally got here today and uh, security guard Dale over there was like saying to me. He was like, he's like, hey, you look a little frustrated today. And I said, really it chows and he goes, yeah, it kind of shows a little bit. And I said, told him and he goes, oh man and goes, it's crazy around here.
Speaker 2: His name is Del del oh is a dell Or Dale Bianca.
Speaker 3: I call him Dale.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of do a little bit of bull I'm like, Dale. It could be both. It could be.
Speaker 1: Like a southern accent all of a sudden comes into play. But the road gets gets closed, and it drives me. What drives me crazy is and this is something for anybody that has ever had that, where they shut down the street that's your house street, this is our home, Like I can't figure out how to get out to my home.
Speaker 4: My house street is actually shut down right now. Like the street that my house is on is totally closed because.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle, don't you there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm lucky because you can. I live on a corner, so I can enter the other way. But the whole street, like half of our neighborhood is just don't dirt.
Speaker 2: Is a construction or for wood.
Speaker 5: We're dream crew.
Speaker 4: No, they dug up, they dug up our street and they're putting in like a totally new street on sewer and so here all those things, here's the.
Speaker 1: Thing that has got to piss you off. If you normally could run up to the Kroger and go pick something.
Speaker 2: Up to go all all the way around, like, that's how I feel with how this thing is.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have to go completely the opposite direction to get to where I'm trying to go.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 6: Obviously, we take the same way, so it's Division Street. Is the street that we're kind of get on. Yeah, And the first time that I pulled up to it, i've seen roll clothes.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, I wouldn't want to do. And then I made a left.
Speaker 6: And where you're talking about is either you quickly make the right or if you don't quickly make the right, then to your point, you end up on the Fisher Freeway seventy Yeah. But then they have those large semi trucks that are standing there. So there have been times where I have to wait five ten minutes just for the semi truck to move in order for me to actually come.
Speaker 1: All right, here's a question, because I almost did this. I when I it put me almost on seventy five. I stopped and there's the entrance ramp that's there. I almost drove reverse on the entrance ramp. There is no cars around at the time, and I thought to myself, I thought to myself, if a cop sees me, I can just say, you know, I was worried going straight, I have to go backwards. But I was going to go backwards on as anybody rode the entrance ramp the wrong way?
Speaker 2: Has anybody ever done that. I've been a part.
Speaker 6: Of the collective that identifies that there is a major traffic jam and we do not have time for that. Yeah, and we start to reverse up the on rep. I've been a part of that. Yeah, I gotta be honest with you. I'm thinking about going the opposite way. But at that point, my philosophy is they're not going to arrest us all. You know what I'm saying, ten people anything, I was about to stop air it's the last person that's going to get into trouble. I just can't. Here's the problem. I can't take a left into the station like I have to do a right to.
Speaker 2: Go, you know what I mean. So I'm going to the right I have to and then I'm doing you.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done that before where you have to go like the opposite way to get forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It had some construction in my parking garage too, where like my normal street was blocked off for a while and.
Speaker 4: It was like throzy off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I just I get a little uh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was I missed my turn into the radio station today, so I came in. You saw me come in. I came in from a way that I never come in because I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 1: I actually was surprised. I was thinking to myself, this lady and this white car is about to.
Speaker 2: Hit me both.
Speaker 1: I have both my doors open and everything like that. I was a little flustered.
Speaker 4: This book on tape. I was like sewing to the book and then I'm like, wait, where am I going?
Speaker 2: And I was like I had to turn.
Speaker 1: Here's here's one for you. Back when we were in our old studios, so we were back in Farmington Hills and this was probably a maybe a decade ago. They closed down an entire road called Haggerty Road. It was literally closed down for cities like it was like West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills had it all closed down because they were doing some road construction. I was so superstitious that I would drive up on the road closure thing.
Speaker 2: Look both ways.
Speaker 1: There was no construction in the morning at whatever time I was going to work at that time, I think. I think at that time I was going even earlier than I do right now, So it was pre five am or something. I went around it and I would drive through the construction site. Because remember that, I was like, I was so superstitious at a time it was bad. Yeah, I thought always thought, well, I thought it was ratings were going to go bad. I was going to die, you know something like that. I was willing to risk my life.
Speaker 2: What's worse.
Speaker 1: Honestly, death is better than bad rating. It's like death when you have bad ratings. But I would drive down that area, and I remember one time got busted by the Novae cops.
Speaker 2: The Novae cops saw me, and I'm like, ah, I can't. I'm so tempted.
Speaker 6: This sometimes, especially like a six ninety six where half of the row looks paid, looks ready to go, but for some reason, we're not allowed. And every time, like I've seen motorcycles do it, though, do they I've seen them, motor I've seen it. What happened one time? They're not going to catch them, They're not And he sped past all the traffic.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, it must be nice. Somebody was telling me, God, who was it that I that I met? The other day?
Speaker 1: There was was somebody that I had to go for an appointment to and they told me that they live where they have to take six ninety six to get from east to west, which it's been completely closed for how long?
Speaker 2: I feel like yours? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Point And they said that it takes them now an hour and twenty minutes to get to work where it normally would take them only like.
Speaker 2: Thirty five for nights.
Speaker 4: I would be in such a bad mood, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I seriously, what hey, Cameron, what's going on? Hi? Hello? How are you fantastic? Cameron? Cameron?
Speaker 1: You went the wrong way on an entrance ramp or exit ramp.
Speaker 3: Oh, well not it's not the ramp but the king like it's just like a.
Speaker 1: One way Oh you went the wrong way on a one way street.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But it's funny though, because I keep hitting there's there's, there's that, then there's one in like Bay City that's like right, and like downtown that like some guy like stopped me at the light, and I'm just going I keep hitting.
Speaker 2: These one ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I did it like three times in the past.
Speaker 1: Like so Cameron. In the city of Detroit, there's a lot of one ways. But worse than Detroit is the city of Chicago. And when I lived in Chicago, or when I go back and visit my son who lives in in Chicago, I will find myself going the wrong way and the while this part is to see the eyes of Podesta and.
Speaker 2: What is going on? And you don't really You're like, why are all the cars flip this way? I got my very first ticket for going the wrong way on a one way? Did Detroit had no idea? Got pulled over and they gave me a ticket.
Speaker 1: How did the turn happen to you? Like, did you just get caught up in something or what was.
Speaker 2: No, I was trying to park. It was like not downtown. It was in news Center, which is a little ways away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure enough, I hate you know what? I where I hate is right around uh Sake Saloon. Well exactly, that's it, Like you got to do all You have to go almost three blocks out of the way to get to the way that you want to go. And then the worst is I circle the block looking for parking sometimes, you know, and I'm going by, you know where the Grayson store is in the Hudson's building, and I'm like, crap, now I got to go all the way around. But I see a spot and opening it up, and I'm like, should I go the wrong way?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: For everybody living in Oakland County this weekend, anywhere off of Woodward, it is dream cruise. You meant that, and that is always the biggest pain in the boot on Saturday because you can't use you can't use Woodword unless you want to go two miles per hour and be stuck in the actual dream cruise.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you cross Woodward? If?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: If you or do you not?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you stay on your side of Woodward and not crossover to go to the other side? Like is that one of those things where you're just like this next couple of weeks, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you you can, It just takes a really really long time.
Speaker 6: Is it like when you say crossover. The first thing that came my mom was like funeral processions. Yeah, like how you have to wait? Is it like that, like I have to wait?
Speaker 4: There's just kind of like yeah, kind of. I mean, it's just it's a it's a NonStop flow of classic cars and you can see. It's so funny when I see like a FedEx truck in the middle of it, I'm like, you sucker, you poor guy. You didn't understand this weekend was.
Speaker 2: Not the time.
Speaker 1: At that point, you're wishing people don't order anything to have to be delivered because well, in the is what do you do if you're that FedEx or an Amazon guy, because normally they just pulled the side of the road with their blinkers on.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's like nearly impossible for them to do that. David, what's up, David.
Speaker 5: High not the most morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: This recently just happened to me, is like the last week and a half. Two weeks ago, I was coming home late from up North and I'll come down Telegraph and there's a group of us, like three or four people like cars, and we went we entered on the wrong way from the bridges, like the bridges on telegraph and like four of us entered because we couldn't really tell which way to go, and we all sat there on head on coming uh traffic and all that.
Speaker 2: That's where you pray you're not the first guy, right.
Speaker 5: I was one guy right next to each other sitting and never were like, what did we just do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not something good? That's the worst. Yeah, yeah, it's bad. Well, hey, welcome to life in our state having to deal with road construction, because that's pretty much what we deal with all the same time. And I still don't know what they're doing closing that street right over there, because there's nobody ever there, Like I don't even during the day.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen one worker there. It's not like it's a large pothole or anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, all right, well we're here. We made it, We survived.