Speaker 1: All right, Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: So I got a phone call yesterday from somebody that wants to hire somebody that I know and actually you guys know, and said that they were looking for me to give a reference.
Speaker 3: Wait, the person that is looking for the job wanted you know.
Speaker 2: So the person who's hiring called me up out of the blue and said, Hey, I need to ask you a question. There's somebody that you know and I want to know your thoughts on if I should hire them for a position. And I said, okay, who is that? They told me the name. And when they told me the name, I went, hmmm, interesting. I was not put on their reference. They just called out of the blue, which is interesting. It's kind of probably smart, right they call out. They don't just call their references, because your references are never going to talk crap about you.
Speaker 1: You call people that they never understood that for exactly that reason of why you actually.
Speaker 4: Have references, because your references, of course, are only going to say amazing thing. Exactly, You're going to only pick those people.
Speaker 2: Although you know, it's illegal to say a bad thing on a reference. Did you know that is what I would be? So honest, it's illegal. To give a bad reference. It's you have to say. Then you have to say, you know what, I declined to give you a reference.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of your way of knowing it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I just I've always been told by HR and stuff to not do it. So let me tell you this, is this a reference red flag? This person has had three jobs in less than a year, So they have had three different jobs in less than a year. And I want to ask this question. And by the way, it's not that they've had three jobs at the same time. They have hired, left, hired left, and.
Speaker 1: Now are in a new position.
Speaker 2: So is how many jobs can you have in a year before it's a red flag?
Speaker 1: And I want to do a poll.
Speaker 2: And I put this in my topics and I think that I did a really nice job with the logo was on this thing hare. So ask this question if you can, Bianca on our story, because I think that this is actually an interesting question. How many jobs can you have in a year? Red flag for two, complete siren for three, or absolutely not. I would never hire them if they've had four or more jobs.
Speaker 4: I actually wouldn't think anything of two either, but three i'd be like, Okay, what's the story here.
Speaker 2: So this particular person, do you think that I should have read flagged their reference that they've had three jobs in a year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you not?
Speaker 2: I just said to them, Yeah, I just said to them. I said, listen when when I worked with him, I thought it was great. But it obviously wasn't because they laughed.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, it wasn't given a bad reference.
Speaker 3: Isn't fully illegal, but it can be if his statements you are misleading, discriminatory, false, or milicias. So you can be honest in your experience. If it was two jobs in a year, I'm not bad in the eyelash like things. Two jobs is two jobs, two jobs and two jobs, anything could happen. They're saying that nowadays, that that's the big thing that a lot of the utes are doing. Yeah, the the younger you know, teens and twenty somethings are actually working jobs and quitting jobs.
Speaker 1: Like I like, I like relationships.
Speaker 3: I find yourself and if you are not happy in a situation, you have every right to leave, just like the company has every right to fire you whenever they want. If I'm an employer, though, then you're a liability. But if I'm you know, an employee, I'm gonna do what's best for me every single time, and I think it will catch up.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. I agree with you one hundred percent. I think it will catch up to people if they do it too much because in this case, but there are sometimes I know, I know some you know companies that are just looking for warm bodies and it's not even a situation of anything other than they just need to have like a placeholder or something. But hold on, NICKI is in human resources. What do you want to say, NICKI, Well.
Speaker 5: Well, my I also work in the HR side, and my comment is I wouldn't even recommend to call someone personally just for as for references, because I feel like it's also going to be buyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think about this situation where they called me. I wasn't their reference, but they said that they knew that I worked in the past with the person.
Speaker 5: Legally, you're not supposed to, especially if you're not in the list. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what you meant by what you were saying. Okay, all right now, I understand that that's.
Speaker 6: What I meant.
Speaker 1: But again, but it's okay.
Speaker 5: Connection where this hr.
Speaker 2: But for me, the person actually is a form a former friend who's a friend that called me a guy that I knew. I never worked with them, but we've been friends for a long time and he's always wanted to work with me. But Bob Pittman has always been nicer. I've never left. I've never left Bob Pittman. I I have loyalty to him. What's up, Nia? How you doing?
Speaker 7: I am good?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Nia? What's up? We're talking about how many jobs in a year? Is it a red flag?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, I hope I'm not a red flag because last year I did have three jobs.
Speaker 8: And the thing is, so I had the first job.
Speaker 7: I had, I had been there already for nine months, and I told myself, I don't want to have been there a year because this is like not what I want to do and I don't want to get like comfortable here. So that's why I decided to leave there. And I decided and I got my nut job. But then there was like a situation there with somebody and like my husband was like, you just need to leave this toxic environment. And that's when I got my third job. But then I ended up getting fired from there because I was a teacher aide and I one I had a situation where I didn't know one of my students was wasn't with me, So yeah, oh what, you lost the team.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie this.
Speaker 4: This all sounds like cred flag.
Speaker 1: We won't get into it. I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second. Marlene was going out in the morning, well not hired.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: Hi, I just want to tell you, you know, you can't judge a book by its cover, and you can't judge it by how many jobs I've had, baby, because I'm a nurse and I had to hire on seven different home care companies because every time I hired it on got an orientation, they didn't have any work. Somebodys for a month, or they throw me a lousy two hours work. Who the heck can eat and pay their bills on that? They have been forced to get seven different jobs in it okay, and it sucks, man. I got guess what yesterday? I prayed My daughter went through one cancer surgery, chemo, and then she got off a cruise to celebrate her life with her husband. She went numb. They took her to the hospital. She had two brain tumors. They had to operate. She's now home healing and these and and you know what, I went through all this, still working, fighting my tears and telling these.
Speaker 8: People what's going on.
Speaker 6: Heartlessness can be and they're in the medical field. I cannot tell you what hell I've been through. My dad died a year ago and it left me with one third of income that I can't even live on, so I am forced to work jobs because my social Security is are enough. So I cannot tell you how much this made me upset because of listening to this.
Speaker 8: And thinking, you guys don't even know what people go through.
Speaker 6: Why doesn't he have six or seven or eight or what the hell ever?
Speaker 4: You know what the job, your story is very different than the previous caller. If you told somebody that story, that is that is so different than you know. Obviously there are different situations.
Speaker 1: Marlene, are you? Are you? You gonna wake up today though and make it a good day.
Speaker 6: I am on my way to take care of a patient for twelve hours because praise the Lord, I prayed yesterday, seven companies called me that I'm about to run around.
Speaker 1: It works Marlene, see that.
Speaker 6: No, I have impeccable references. Hey, I've taken care of even doctors, and doctors spent him taking care. But it's only four hours a week.
Speaker 2: Let's let's all let's all say a prayer for Marlene's daughter and hopes that that the Lord heals her.
Speaker 1: Okay, mar Mark, carry am.
Speaker 2: Keep in touch with us, Marlene, Okay, so that we know how your daughter's don't.
Speaker 1: All right, talk to you later.
Speaker 6: What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Mojo, and that's Shannon, and this is Kevin, and that's Anna, and we've got Lydia Bianca.
Speaker 1: I know you're not gonna remember all this. Just remember it's Mojo in the morning. Okay, what station.
Speaker 6: It's one of my daughter's best friends.
Speaker 8: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Lydia, who is your daughter?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, my daughters? That's let me.
Speaker 1: What love it?
Speaker 2: What got you to listen to us this morning? What did you what do you normally listen to?
Speaker 8: Love you?
Speaker 6: I love the NEWSIC, I love the talk. I love that your spirits are so great and genuine.
Speaker 2: Well, we love you, Marlene. Mar Marlene our first time caller, are your first time caller?
Speaker 1: Yes, first time?
Speaker 6: Love you, right, for me that I get through my twelve hour shift with a cutie ninety year old woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, take care of Marlee. We'll talk to.
Speaker 6: You, okay, God bless you. Love you guys.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, and that interesting. She never had no idea who the hell she's calling. She's just called a what's up?
Speaker 1: Sharon? Hello? Sharon? How you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great?
Speaker 8: Well, Joe, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Fantastic? What's going on?
Speaker 8: I' had a question for you.
Speaker 6: You contradicted yourself.
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 6: First?
Speaker 8: First you said when they called, you said that person worked with you, You had no issue. But then later on you said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's always wanted to work for me, but he never had the chance to.
Speaker 2: And he's the person I was talking about, the guy that's trying, that's hiring. So the person that the person that is hiring has always wanted to work with me and we never got a chance to do that. The person that he was calling about had been somebody that had been in my past that they were calling to ask if they should hire, and I said, I think you should. They seem like they would be great. They were great with me until they weren't. They You know until they left, So that's what it was talking about, Sharon. So I think you misheard what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: All right, Yeah, thanks for clearing that up. A good one.
Speaker 1: How about that? Marlene?
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know about you, but I say a prayer for Marlene today in Sherry Anne a daughter. I should have done another topic. This topic sucks.
Speaker 1: I like, what's going on our Leicester? What's happening?
Speaker 8: Good morning? They had birthday to my grandson Joe Faiya.
Speaker 1: That's right. We love with Josiah. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What what's your comment?
Speaker 8: Okay? I gave a personal reference to my friends over thirty years. She was moving to a home and the lady cross the absolutely she'd be a good tenant, and I told him no, because her children were heath out the windows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tear up the doors.
Speaker 8: They would just destroy propping every house she lived and they destroyed every house back up the toilet. They would have to condemn the houses. By the time they moved out. He had six children.
Speaker 1: Wow, she lose the house, do you Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she lost every house and so she doesn't know she died too. Last note, she knows now.
Speaker 4: That it was you but she's dead now.
Speaker 1: Right now, he did, Well, that's wild though.
Speaker 2: If you knew that your friend was a red person, I would definitely all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think we have the answer. I think everybody's.
Speaker 4: Uh, this person got the job or not.
Speaker 1: They haven't been offered yet. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was just doing his due diligence. So I said to him, I go, hey, I go, here's the deal. I go, you got to take what you can take nowadays, you know what I mean. I feel like it's crazy. You know, look at our we ended up settling Rana over here. You know what I mean, We got what we love you and you are, you are the diamond in the rough.
Speaker 1: I think I might leave this