Speaker 1: It is one one point three kd WB guaranteed human. There's no AI allowed on this radio station.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to let you know my name, Jenny, you are we AI are robots. I don't know. I thought that maybe that's what AI sounds.
Speaker 1: Like when they so stupid also dumb.
Speaker 3: You don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: No, there's no tens here.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 2: But we're humans.
Speaker 1: Uh, we are live all over the world on the iHeartRadio app. And we're gonna come back in a second with you can't make this stuff up on KWB stay right here. It is next on the Dave Ryan Show, one on one point three kd W B U.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 1: I love this story and you've probably heard it. There was a grandma who ten years ago thought she was texting her grandson about Thanksgiving. Well she wasn't. She was texting a stranger. And the stranger was like a young guy twenty ish or so years old something like that named Jamal. Her name is Wanda, and so Jamal looks at the text and he's like, I don't know you, but you know what, I'd love to come over for Thanksgiving. And Wanda's like, well, then you're invited, so they got together and they spent Thanksgiving together. And ten years later, Jamal and Wanda are still doing this and even Green Giant, Minnesota's own jumped into sponsor their Thanksgiving this year. Here are Wanda and Jamal talking about their ten Thanksgivings together. Check it out.
Speaker 2: If I have the wrong page, I've give me two seconds here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just that they've been doing this for a long time, and I thought, okay, let's see what they say about the tenth time, because you would think they maybe give it up. Okay, it's been fun, Wanda, gonna go spend time with my own family. But no, not this time. I was sending a text to my grandson's biting them for Thanksgiving, and.
Speaker 3: I didn't know at the time that one of my grandsons had changed his phone number.
Speaker 4: It's like having a mentor in a way, a mentor, best friend, a grandma like all in one bucket.
Speaker 1: I call Wanda picks up.
Speaker 4: So I just hope that we are there as long as we can be for each other, having each other's back through the path of life.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what's sweet is that her hu Wanda's husband has passed since then, so the fact that you know, even though he's gone, she still has somebody to spend, somebody spend Thanksgiving with this, so sweep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that cool?
Speaker 1: I just love that story. It's very touching. A couple of other quick ones. Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Christmas is less than a month away, so something to consider if you're doing a turkey trot or anything like that tomorrow. I'm running for a mile burns about one hundred calories for the average person. Now that of course depends, but so you basically need to run a marathon to burn off all the calories that you will consume on Thanksgiving Day, because we eat about two thousand calories a day on average, but we eat about twenty ninety seven calories at a Thanksgiving dinner, so not Thanksgiving Day, but including you know, all the sides and the macaroni and cheese and the pie with the ice cream and the cool whip on top, that's over two thousand calories. So we are eating. And that's why most people gain. Not most people, but it's common to gain five pounds between now and Christmas.
Speaker 5: Wow, and I am all for yeah, And then I'll be all one cookies and then I'm sure all the gyms like Snap Fitness and they're just living it up. They're like, yes, yes, because then January first is when people are like, all right, I gained a gain some weight last year, but also between Thanksgiving and Christmas, now I gotta go work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go do it. Go join Snap. That's what I did. I mean, between Snap and Livia, I am in the best shape of my life.
Speaker 2: You are, and I know you do so well with Livia and Snap. But Fallon always used to say that Dave Ryan in December is her favorite Dave Ryan because he's just kind of given up to an extent and he's like, that's for good, give me all.
Speaker 1: I remember we had a bunch of frost We had a bag full of frosted Chex mix in my office one time, and Steve and Fallon were watching me eat this frosted Chex mix and I was like, I don't care all char anymore. Arch don't care. And of course I think Steve got his phone out and was recording to go Marl car argenal charity war. And by the way, turkey trot's have become a popular way to start Thanksgiving Day because people go out early for a friendly five or ten k before they sit down for the big meal. Nineteen percent of all adults overall have done a turkey trot. I've done a couple of them. I did one in Chan with Carson a couple of years ago. I've been Yeah, They're just kind of a fun thing to do, Like Thanksgiving morning. You get up, you go out, you get your run on, then you feel better about overeating the rest of the day. The runs are most popular with people in their thirties, and forty seven percent of people your age, Jenny, have done a turkey trot, and they are most common in the West more than any other region. Women are a little less likely to run them. I don't know why, and fifty seven percent of adult surveyed said they definitely or probably would not want to be in a turkey trot. The first one was five miles long. Only six people ran in it. It was in Buffalo, New York, in eighteen ninety six. I'm amazed that anybody kept track of that, and therefore I think it might it might be a made up fact, because if only people only six people ran in it, obviously nobody cared. So I wonder whether that's made up or not, but it's fun. We'll be back with Dave's Dirt coming up in a second on KDWB to hear what Kate Beckinsale did on The Jimmy Kimmel Show, plus more Dave's Dirt and things going on this weekend with k d W B Emerl.
Speaker 3: Lamber's injury law on KADWB.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to get up tomorrow morning watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's three and a half hours long and it replays I think it starts at eight thirty and no matter what time zone you're in, and then it replays I think at two o'clock in the afternoon. That time I'm gonna be watching football, so I'm not gonna be watching it again. Isn't the Kennel Club the American Kennel Club Championships or something like that. Isn't that always on on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Also it happens as well. And then I thought that there was one other parade that gets featured or am I making that up?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody wants to go head to head with the Thanksgiving Day Parade, but you might be right. I don't know. I do know that Cynthia Arriva was gonna be doing She's gonna be singing. They all lip sync because they don't want any like audio problems. And then also the hunterricks Out is gonna be singing also, and Foreigner is gonna be singing, and they just want to point out, you know what, if you love classic rock, that's great, but this is there are no real there are no original members of the original band Foreigner in this group. And I just thought that's kind of like something that they don't tell you. I mean, you can get like five old guys that live in Shockapy and get them together and call them Foreigner, and a lot of people be like, well, I don't know what any of them look like, so hey, great, that's Foreigner.
Speaker 2: Sounds like them. It must be Corner exactly tomorrow for halftime performances at the NFL games, post Alone is going to be performing at the Kansas City Chiefs versus Dallas game. Little John will be performing halftime for the Cincinnati in Baltimore game, and then Jack White is the Packers and the Lions, which I was like, really, that's who we get is the Jack White? Come on, give me a little John, give me.
Speaker 1: A little John, I gotcha.
Speaker 5: So we are getting a Christina Aguilera Christmas special and she released one of the singles that'll be in it.
Speaker 3: Here is a little clip James Roses and whiskers on Kitten Spria, Coup of Kettles and warm.
Speaker 6: Time.
Speaker 3: He's almost two, Dame, I'm glad Christina's Aguilera still got it.
Speaker 1: She does.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say that. I don't think much has changed about her voice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a holiday concert film that she's dropping. It's coming to theaters. Actually, I had no clue. It's called Christmas in Paris. It comes out in December. Yeh, there's so much to watch. I can't take it, or so much it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But we're almost done with the murdab dramatic recreation and is just passed the part where the mom and the sun gets shot and he's claiming that he didn't do it. But man, this family is just the most evil, awful. There's not a lot of likable people in this family. It's terrible. She I wanted to play this for you. It's Kate Pekinsale. It is the dumbest story we've had on the dirt in a long time. She is actually claiming that her daughter's boyfriend lays eggs. And I think she's doing it with a straight face. I don't know why. I don't get it. I'm gonna let you listen. You be the judge. She is on with Jimmy Kimmel. Here's Kate Peckinsale.
Speaker 2: He laid two eggs in a week.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? He's laid two eggs in a week?
Speaker 7: Well, he said, I've laid an egg, but it had a.
Speaker 2: Shell in a yolk.
Speaker 6: Hold on a second, yeah, and the egg came out of his body.
Speaker 7: Yes, he went to the bathroom and then was very surprised to find that he had laid an egg. He was like, it's got a full shell, it's got a yolk, and you know it's the size of it.
Speaker 3: But well, heed it.
Speaker 7: Yes, he crushed it beca it was inside a yolk was inside like a hard boiled one too, so it just kind of cooked inside him. Well, you know, And I said to him, is this some kind of attention to seeking?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: You putting eggs up your bottom?
Speaker 1: It's a fair question.
Speaker 7: I think it's quite hard to put an egg up your bottom and then get it out whole without injuring the egg.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's a scarit.
Speaker 1: You can be on America. It's got talent with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think, on top of it being the most ridiculous thing we've heard probably this week, it's the fact that she says lay an egg the boy pooped an egg out, if that's really what happened.
Speaker 5: She's trying to humanize it when I human has but make it sound normal, which is not.
Speaker 1: I don't know why she would even consider it. Be like, yeah, you know last night when I was levitating, because you know I can levitate, Well let's see it now. Well you know, here's a picture of me levitating. Yeah, it's like, no, you can't levitate, why would you. Vaughan had a good point there. Somebody on this show, Bailey, who claims that she saw unicorn, and she will not walk back from that statement. And it's like, Bailey, don't say that you saw unicorn because you didn't and it makes you sound silly. And I did see a unicorn, okay, Bailey, you did not see a unicorn trunk or high as a kite, So all right.
Speaker 2: She might be both of those. Sidney Sweeney is spending Thanksgiving with her new boo, Scooter Bron. Apparently he's vacation at Sydney's home in the Florida Keys. Paparazzi has found snap some photos with them splashing around in her backyard pool. The two met at Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez's wedding and apparently Scooter has been obsessed with her ever since, so now they get to eat turkey together.
Speaker 1: That's cute. Nice.
Speaker 5: I heard that Sidney Sweeney in the new season U four is supposed to be an onlyfan star, which is like, okay, oh, okay, her character is supposed to be an only fans star.
Speaker 2: That would make sense for her character, But will we ever see that season? Who knows? It's been what twenty five years since the last season came out something.
Speaker 5: Like that forty forty okay, yeah, not prayers, but I'm glad that Benny Blanco's mom is doing all right. She got her house broken into on Monday night. She was home when it happened, and with two mass of men wearing dark clothing broke into her house. She quickly ran upstairs, hit in a bathroom and or a bathroom in side of a bedroom. And she heard them open a bedroom door. So when she peeked out and they saw her, they fled the scene. They went through a couple of rooms and made off with some valuable property.
Speaker 3: I guess they didn't reveal what, but I'm glad that she's doing.
Speaker 5: Okay, now that's good, very scary, Okay.
Speaker 1: Some Turkey Day fun facts. We eat about seven hundred and four million pounds of turkey every Thanksgiving. The average weight of each turkey is about sixteen pounds. Female turkeys don't gobble, but you didn't know this. No, only male turkeys make the gobble sound, which is why they're known as gobblers. Females and males cackle, per and yelp, depending on the situation. It is not turkey that makes you tired on Thanksgiving. Yes, we've seen the Seinfeld episode, and we've heard the stories that tripp to fan makes you tired. But there's not enough in turkey to make you sleepy. So what makes you tired? All the sides which are full of fat and carbs, not to mention the gen and tonic that you've been nursing all day. Jenny didn't know this, but there was it you that said you didn't know that there is a Butterball hotline that answers turkey questions every year? Was it you were Bailey?
Speaker 2: This nous Bailey? But I also didn't know that, So I guess we are both the same, is true?
Speaker 1: Get Turkey, you didn't know either. The Turkey Talk Line was founded in nineteen eighty one, and people can call the Turkey talk it's the Butterball Hotline to ask questions like can I let it thaw in my sink full of water? How do I know when it's done? How what you know? I mean? But a lot of people, like your age guys, you don't know because you just look it up on the internet. If you're like, okay, can I But back before or the Internet, people would actually call the Turkey Talk Line and ask questions.
Speaker 3: As dumb as that sounds, it makes sense.
Speaker 5: But when you first said there was a Turkey hot line, I thought you just meant like a turkey that like a magic eight ball type thing.
Speaker 3: But it's the voice of a turkey, like no, don't ask them.
Speaker 2: To the.
Speaker 3: So that makes a little bit more sense.
Speaker 1: Even though you can say on TikTok, all right, there is your Dirk brought to you by six to six one two injured Himer and Lammers injury law Happy, thanksgiving everybody over to Himer and Lamers, thank you for doing your thing for us. We're gonna play winning Song Wednesday on kd w u B. Each of us got a song. We want you to vote for our song. We'll play whatever song gets to three votes. First, here goes song number one.
Speaker 6: This is Dave's song, feel good song.
Speaker 1: Yes, so there's my song. But before you voted six five one nine k would you gonna hear song? And Jenny's song? Jenny? What song have you got?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: I want what maya case of the X? When you.
Speaker 6: Don't?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: And wow?
Speaker 1: I throw it back a little wild? Yeah, all right, but what do you got?
Speaker 5: I'm also gonna throw it back with the song from the one and only Janet Jackson Baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are the three songs and you'll call now the vote six five, one nine eight nine k w B. You can vote for Dave's song or Jenny song or song? All right, which one do you want to vote for? Let's get to the phones here.
Speaker 2: First up, Hello, you're on Winning Song Wednesday. What's your name?
Speaker 6: Jojo?
Speaker 2: Who you voting for?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Janet and Vaughnay, all right, Von's on the board.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who are you voting for today? On Winning Song Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Bond? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Baby, come on?
Speaker 1: Can we go three for three?
Speaker 3: Here we go for thirty? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for your vote. Hi, you're on Winning Song Wednesday. What's your name? Raven? Who do you want to vote for?
Speaker 1: Bond?
Speaker 3: I mean, wow, come on, I am shocked. This is the epitome.
Speaker 2: But Dave, you say yep?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Dave shots five?
Speaker 1: What she said?
Speaker 7: She said?
Speaker 2: Anyone but Dave?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well that's fine. I will tell you you bust it out of nowhere. I haven't heard that song in a long time. When I heard it, I'm like, yeah, I hope that one wins, So let's play it. Janet Jackson on Winning Song Wednesday on ktwby the world needed that song today. I love that song. That song is so different and nowbody plays that song anymore? And that was a song on Winning Song Wednesday, unanimous winner. And what's it called again? Somebody to call someone to call my love? Okay, love that, Thank you, aunt, and thanks for all the votes for it. We are coming back in a second on ktw you ain't going anywhere. We might go to the bathroom or get a cup of coffee or something, but we're gonna be back in a second with Basically, she found out something about her husband by snooping through his journal, and she's like, oh my gosh, should I bring this up to him because he says it's all in the past. And then we get into the question should couples have complete privacy on anything? Is it okay for her to go through his journal? We had a lot of talk about coming up in a second on KDWB stay right here the Twin Cities number one hit music station with more Dave Ryan next I kd w E. Christmas shopping is almost upon us, and your job is to get something from the kids for her for Christmas. Now, if you've got kids wedding day, diamonds is perfect. You get like some sort of a pendant, maybe with colored stones. They have all kinds of different things from the kids in there that are a little bit more modestly priced. Maybe you don't have to worry about that and you just have to get something for her for Christmas. Diamond study or rings are a great go to because if she has a pair, you can upgrade. If she doesn't have a pair, you can get her I mean anywhere from like a quarter carrot up to five carrots. Five carrots is pretty big. Five carrots is about the size of a maybe a little bit smaller than an M and M, but it's right up there with an M and M. Beautiful ring from Wedding Day Diamonds and you can pick it up online Wedding Day Diamonds dot com or one of nine stores. So, whether it's like diamond study rings, an engagement ring, whatever, you're looking for something beautiful to make it a memorable Christmas and a gift that she will cherish for ever, either from you or from the kids. Wedding Day Diamonds dot com