Speaker 1: Wanted you to work. I was invited over Saturday night to Chelsea and I were to a friend's house to watch fireworks. Their lake has fireworks, and so they invited us to come over and they're having a party. And it's kind of cool because you know, they'll feed you and stuff, and then at ten o'clock or ten oh one, the lake will shoot fireworks off. And they've got a really nice view from where they are where you can see all the fireworks. It's that time of the year. By the way, I love fireworks. I love going I do. I love fireworks when they go. Not like the Detroit fireworks. I don't like the Detroit fireworks. And let me tell you why. They blow off too many of them, too fast, and it's like a grand finale the whole time. I want to see like individuals like weeping Will. I like to see like this. I like to look at the fireworks and see the shapes and see the things going on, color, sparkle. The fireworks that I saw on the Detroit fireworks it just looked like and I ran bombing, you know, war or something. You know, you're never happy. I'm happy at this fireworks that I'm going to this weekend or am I let me it's fine. So we were invited over to their house and got a call from them. Isn't that yesterday? It was the day before, and they asked me if I would make a playlist for the fireworks. Hey, hey, can you do me a favorite? Can you make? Because they everybody automatically assumes we're in radio, we got music access, right, I get the same access you do Apple Music or iHeart Radio. Actually I use the Apple Music probably for this playlist. Okay, so they want me to make a playlist. I thought that they were done with that at that moment. Then I get the we are. We're not going to have a DJ. We're just going to have a big sound system set up and we're going to have a mic with the sound system. We got a friend of ours who has like a DJ service do this, And they said, would you also mind hosting the fireworks? And I said, what do you mean by hosting the fireworks? They said, well, we'd like you to get on the mic a few times to make some announcements, and then we would like when the fireworks are ready to go off at ten o'clock, we'd like you to get on the microphone and then get everybody all hyped up for the things. I'm like, wait a second, one of my keV knows this is what am I doing? We always going on here, Piston fan from across to be like cass Lake Piston's fans from a great state of me shegan as Mason would.
Speaker 2: Say, are you doing it?
Speaker 1: Or what did you say? I said to him, I go, oh, okay, all right, great, no problem. I hung up phone. I said, Chelsea, go, we're not going to the party on Saturday. I said, come up with some idea or reason why we don't have to go to the party. I actually said to her, I go, you know what, We're not gonna do it. We're gonna go hang out with all of our other friends who are going to another fireworks, you know party. But I'm like, I don't want to go. First off, when I go to a party, and I'm sure you feel the same way all you guys do. Kevin probably loves it though, when friends say, hey, will you do some stuff because you like you like the center of attach. Nah, I'm always in an auk score regardless like where I'm at. So like making a playlist and playing music I'm probably going to do dead already. I like this. I like to be at the party and be Tom. I don't want to be Mojo.
Speaker 3: Ye. This just happened to me and I said, yes, so, Kelly, if you're listening, I'm not upset. I'm so happy to do this for you. But one of my best friends is getting married in December, and I was just with her and she said, I don't want to hire a videographer. It's so expensive. I know you make these really cool TikTok videos. Do you mind if I have you report and do a recap? And I'm like, it takes a long time to do that, but like, of course it's her.
Speaker 2: Wedding, it's gonna you're gonna do a fabulous show. Yeah, we get asked I don't know if you guys do I know I do more joining you just to DJ things all the time, and I'm like, I'm not a DJ. I don't like I have zero to do with the music played on this zero.
Speaker 1: We are on this radio station. We have radio personality.
Speaker 2: But like I got invited to a wedding and same thing asked for if I would make the playlist, and if you know, they didn't have a DJ, So can you just make sure that everything's going right with the playlist. I'm like, I want to enjoy myself at your wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am a person that and I never thought about the whole photography thing that Anna was just talking about with the videography. I bet your photographers get asked all the time to take pictures of stuff. I bet your mechanics get asked all the time. When you look at my car, something's got a doctor in the fans, I feel doctor Matt, I'm so sorry. He's a dermatologist.
Speaker 2: He has gotten every photo of a rash of bull a screenful pimple.
Speaker 1: What is this okay? Here is that I want to know what is your job that you have and have people overstep their bounds asking you to do things with your job because I don't want to be the I don't mind making the playlist. Like I actually think I have a fireworks playlist from I feel like we made one one year on the as a show.
Speaker 2: I think we did, probably because remember didn't we share it online because we were like Channel four does a terrible job with the fireworks, So we're going to make one and just play ours and put your TV on mute.
Speaker 1: Remember we did that? Yeah, Well it's funny because Tony Trovado sent me a note the other day and he goes, is it time for the annual I Hate channel for US Fireworks music? Yeah? I got, I got a playlist right here.
Speaker 2: Share your playlist with them and tell them to push play or shuffle.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got to Katie Katie Perry in there, I've got I want to dance with somebody. Party in the USA, Miley to somebody.
Speaker 3: Where'd that come from?
Speaker 1: Because you want party songs? Yeah, you want party songs in there? America from Neil Diamond Fireworks into America. Jake has fireworks. He has a song called Fireworks. And Alicia Keys what about living in America? James Brown a America? Veronica? What's up? Veronica?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? Veronica. Would you like to go with me to a party this weekend and be the photographer? I understand you're photographer?
Speaker 5: Yes I am.
Speaker 1: Do you get asked?
Speaker 5: I tell you how many times?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Any family event, any friends event, I mean they see the camera and they go, oh perfect, how can we work this in for a couple hours?
Speaker 1: Have you ever told them that your cameras OK.
Speaker 5: No, I usually just say I don't feel well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. We were at we were at an event from Michigan Medicine not that long ago, and they had a photographer there and I asked them to take a picture with my camera. And I don't know if you ever get this because photographers they you guys only like to use your camera. You don't like to use iPhones for stuff. And this guy got so salty when I asked him, Hey, can you I would like one for right now, And the guy got really mad at me. It was like crazy, But.
Speaker 5: How many I'm I'll say, I'm a Cannon snow Like all of my cameras, all of my equipment is straight from Cannon. And I one time worked with another photographer who shot I'm a wedding photographer and she's second shot with me using Nikon and it's a lot of it is like editing differences in the software. I know how there she it was my bar. I mean, I asked her to do with me.
Speaker 1: How many times have your friends had babies and you had to do baby pictures of those little bras?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels like everything I mean, I love what I do, but it just comes to the point when they start asking you for favors.
Speaker 7: And you have to you have to.
Speaker 5: I don't have a strong fold in my body when it comes to friends. So I was like, yeah, I'll do this for you, but when you're a business part you really have to see in Paul and put all your cthes on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna put all my toes in the ground. What's update, Desia.
Speaker 7: Yes, Hi, my name is Daisies. I'm a makeup artist and I've been doing makeup for probably like eleven years. So for every friends who got married, every baby shower, every Miami trip in college, I always had to do with everybody's makeup. And that will be the.
Speaker 8: Last one to get married.
Speaker 9: I mean I'm married.
Speaker 7: I would be the last one to get myself ready.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: Oh I could see that. Yeah. So this was they all want it for free?
Speaker 7: Yes, they all wanted And it was like before we went to spring Breaking College, I sent by a mask text message and I tell everybody like, listen, we're gonna have to do Everyone's gonna have to do their makeup themselves. And they were they were, they were upset. They that's what the girls they know how to do their makeup now because I was able to tease them, so they are. They all do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good friend. Do you think strippers get asked for free dances from friends? Absolutely not absolutely. If you're an entertainer, do you hey when you entertain at my party? What's going on? Tiffany? Hello?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning crew. So unfortunately with this call, I can't reveal my true name, but I will say first time, long time. So listen, you're brighten up our.
Speaker 9: Day every day. But here's the story for you.
Speaker 4: You want a profession that everybody asks about, I'll tell you it's customs border patrol. I always get Hey, you'll remember me when I crossed, won't you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I sure will. For the Hey, what can I bring back that duty and tax free that I don't have to pay on?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Let me share all those little.
Speaker 4: Because I don't really need my job.
Speaker 1: Although although I got to tell you though, I'm intrigued by jobs like yours, Like I wouldn't ask you to do things for me, but I'd love to hear your story. You fine, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I think it's one of the one of the jobs that's actually legal. And uh is I'm going to go to work today and I'm probably going to see someone naked.
Speaker 1: Is what is the craziest thing you've seen?
Speaker 4: Oh listen, little boy, I can't share.
Speaker 1: That with you. There a nothing little about Kevin except for except for his stomach. Lately he's gotten skinny. Kevin looks good boy? What's going on? Jay?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 8: So in my family, only my technology expertise makes me the it guy. Like my younger sister once broke her Nintendo switch controller, like the thing that slides into the switch broke off and I had to fix that for her.
Speaker 1: Oh wow question.
Speaker 8: And then like at school, whenever kids like can't figure out what to do with their chromebooks, I'm the one who helps them with.
Speaker 1: That for sure. Wow. Yeah. By the way, you sound like that, you sound like a computer guy. You sound like you got Yeah. You know. It's like if I called like the you know, helpline, this would be who I would talk to. I would talk to Jay on the phone.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 8: Thanks also, first time long time.
Speaker 4: Line.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jay for the call. We got marked the mechanic on the phone here. How many cars have you had to fix a friends.
Speaker 6: I had to stop at it three when you're when you're a mechanic, you know I and I I'm a mechanic, and I saw me do it. I went to tech school, bought the tools and the licenses. You know, I'm a union mechanic. So it didn't happen by accident. And uh, you know, a friend of mine came by in a vehicle and I'm being charitable. Look, I've jumped nicer vehicles than what they rolled up. And they wanted up and said, can you do an inspection on this because I'm going to go do some Uber And I said, no, boboo, we're not doing Uber with this, and we are not that. Ain't this and this ain't that baby, And I mean there was evidence that fires had occurred with significant components like breaks and the alternator. Just but the whole thing is when people find out that you're a mechanic in the neighborhood, A lot of times they'll come by, You've never seen them before. They've got some strange repair that's usually a setup. They usually got a real quote from an actual mechanic shop and found out that you know, maybe I can just ask Mark down the street. He might hook me up. No, no, he won't.
Speaker 1: And how do you say, Mark, you have a radio voice.
Speaker 6: I love all these for a long time. I was in radio for a long time, absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: And this is what radio people do when they get fired from radio, they go become mechanics. I might be joining you, I understand. The company might be calling today. Who knows.
Speaker 6: I should tell you. I left the insurance business, got into radio, and now I work for the City of Detroit. So you can do the math on that one. I'm in it for the detention, baby, But thanks for the compliment. I have a face.
Speaker 1: Where do these callers come back? What is going on? Let me go to Ginger here for a second. Ginger, are you there?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey Ginger? What is your job that people always ask you to do?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 9: I'm a massage therapist and.
Speaker 1: Everybody just wants to massage and they want it right now. I don't care.
Speaker 8: I'm in the middle of a party.
Speaker 4: I'll just take here, work at my neck.
Speaker 1: I would take advantage. Would you like to be Shannon's friend?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Ja says that everybody opens up their mouth and wants her to look inside. Is that right? Jess, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Yes, I used to work in dental, and I actually was an administration.
Speaker 8: But when people hear that you work in dental, they're like, they.
Speaker 5: Open their mouth.
Speaker 8: I'll be at a restaurant, is this infected?
Speaker 9: And they open up their mouth and it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: To oh my god, that's horrible. Brittany, what do you do?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 9: My full time job is a cleaner, like I clean, But my side hustle is an ordained minister.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: I get asked all the time my friends and family. I I've done one of my friends like whole family's weddings, and I'm doing one more in September.
Speaker 1: Must you charge? I've always wandered this because I'm ordained too, and Channing, I know you are. We and cav we should make some money? What next? Thirty seconds?
Speaker 9: I didn't. I did not charge any of my friends, but I probably should have because now I do get taken advantage because nobody pays me. We never even have a conversation.
Speaker 1: About money they wanted for free. You know what I'm wondering. I get paid, you know, from clients all the time that invite me out like plant fitness, you know, will pay me to, you know, make an appearance or two or things. Yeah, I should charge my friends and a parents.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what I'm gonna do. My friends that are having this party on Saturday. You're going to get a phone call from Angel to Desco. You're gonna have to pay a little advertising talent fee for that. All right. What better way to celebrate America's birthday than blowing up fire works made in China. Happy Fourth of July from Mojo in the Morning. All right, Morgan wall and tickets your chance to win a pair of tickets. Text to win, text Morgan m O r G A N to nine five five zero zero. You could be going to see Morgan Wallin in July at the Big House. Good luck.
Speaker 8: We join in the mornings Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 1: All right, Shannon, coming up here in a second. We're gonna find