Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Kf I AM six forty Bill Handle. Here it is a Saturday morning, as we finish our last hour of the program, and then at the end of the hour, when I say goodbye, I'm still going to be around off the air, and I'll be taking some phone calls now top of the hour, which means that we always have lines open and it's the best time to call, and we do. And so the number is eight hundred five two zero one five three four, eight hundred five two zero one five three four, and you will get right in to a little sparse and the phone number is interesting. Some days we're jammed, and then some days it gets to be a little sparse. This is why when I do my morning show, I don't take phone calls, because well, because I have to rely on you. And as you know, well, if you've been listening to this show for any length of time, you know I think you're all a bunch of flakes. Not true. Most of the time I'm more of a flake than you are. It doesn't matter because I'm allowed to call you flakes and I'm behind the mic and you're not so it all works out the number eight hundred five two zero one five three four. That's eight hundred five to two zero one five three four. This is handle on the law marginal legal advice where I tell you you have absolutely no case. I don't know if you are a TikTok fan. TikTok is a rather interesting platform. And one of the things about TikTok, and this literally from the beginning, is the TikTok challenges. And they ranged all the way from just stupid and ridiculous but not particularly dangerous. I remember one of the first was the TikTok Cinnamon challenge, where you were supposed to take a spoonful of a big, big spoonful or a cup or whatever cinnamon and throw it in your mouth and then try to spit because what cinnamon does is instantly suck out every bit of moisture. And it was very funny to see and the coughing that went on, I mean, as disgusting as it is. You know, you didn't kill anybody.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: Over the years, TikTok has put up challenges that are pretty dangerous, jumping off cars, for example, moving cars, and there is one that happened that's called the choking challenge. Now this killed people. This challenge killed people kids, particularly six families are singing TikTok saying that the algorithm of TikTok has a defect. One it's addictive, two it targets miners, and three it has disturbing and troubling content, in this case, a challenge to choke yourself or choke someone else. So they sued. Five British families sued in US court and then a judge I had to hear a motion to dismiss the civil case because what ended up happening is TikTok immediately filed the motion to dismiss the case. And this case is centered on these six families. The kids will age eighteen, eleven to seventeen. They allegedly took part in a choking challenge after seeing videos of this on TikTok, and all of them died. And so Matthew Bergman, an attorney represents the family, says, TikTok has a four U page that deluges young people, young people, young kids with dangerous material. In this case, it was the dangerous choking challenges and this is not material that kids want to see. But sometimes they can't turn away from it, which there's an argument there. And the lawyers didn't even want to litigate the case the self, the underlying case. They said, this shouldn't even be brought to trial. It has to be dismissed under the First Amendment. They have the right to publish anything. And they're not advocating people choking. They're just showing the videos of kids choking each other or choking themselves. And there's also a law in place called the Communications Decency Act, which bars Internet companies from liability for content by third parties. In other words, it's not TikTok that created this challenge, it was someone else and they're just putting it up. And much like Amazon Amazon, you buy a product from a third party, not from Amazon directly, which the majority of goods that are sold through Amazon, and the product is defective, it's not Amazon's fault. You have a relationship directly with that third party. And in this case, which is far more serious, TikTok says, we didn't do that, we just put it up. And so the Communications Decency Act bars companies from being sued. Now the critics are arguing this is way outdated, this law, and attorneys for TikTok also said this shouldn't even be litigated in the United States because five of those family members are British, and should this case should be brought in the United Kingdom. One was an American company, so they're not arguing that. So we'll see what happens with that one. This is all new Internet stuff and we just haven't kept up with it. One of the things about the Internet and Internet law, and there's something that I discovered from the days when I was practicing law and my specialty was third party reproductive law, surrogate parenting, egg donation, egg banking, that business that's technology that involved all that IVF, egg freezing, that involves science, medical science. Science is always a head of the laws. The law catches up to science. So here we are with various app aspects of the Internet First Amendment issues, what has allowed liability issues in this case, the law isn't there yet, so there's always a lag. And when now you're dealing with AI where the law hasn't even begun to catch up with AI. So we'll see what happens in the future. I'll tell you where the law though, is well in place. And that's personal injury law. Personal injury law has been around for a long time and it's well established. And so here's what ends up happening. If you get in a car accident or a slip and fall and it's not your fault and you're injured, well you look for a lawyer. I mean, you theoretically can do it on your own, but if you've been banged up, pretty good guarantee you that the other sides insurance company doesn't call you and start talking to you about settlement and you are crazy to talk to these people because they are experts at not paying you. So this is where a personal injury lawyer comes into play. And where do you get a personal injury lawyer? Well, if you don't know, you don't know who to trust. You can always listen to commercials or see those lawyers on billboards and some of them are very good. But again, who do you know. This is why I created handle on the Law dot Com. Handle on the Law dot Com is about lawyers who specialize in personal injury representing you when you've been injured and they've been vetted. And on top of that, if there's a problem, I make the phone call what's going on. We have an unhappy camper here, and I've made that call a few times over the years. So if you've been injured, it's not your fault, and it's a slip and fall or a car accident, you're rear ended, you've been t boned, you go to a big box store and a big box falls on your head, call the folks at or contact handle on the Law, Handle on the law dot com. This is Handle on the Law K five AM six forty. Like you just heard handle here. It's the last hour of our program until eleven o'clock when Leo, excuse me, when Rich to Murrow. I can't believe I'm going back that long, Leo Laporte. We had the show one hundred and fifty years ago when rich Tomurrow comes on at eleven o'clock, right up until the tech guy, and then from two to five it's a Neil Savedra with FOURK report. And our phone number here is eight hundred five two zero one five three four. Eight hundred five two zero one five three four, and we do have some lines open. Today's a little bit, a little bit sparse, sometimes jammed, sometimes not. This is one of the things about as much fun as I have in screaming at you. And the ability that you have in producing questions that are just spectacular in some cases is where you shake your head, you go, no, that is impossible. No one can live with that IQ and walk around not having someone shadow them. No, people do. People do. And I get these questions and they're lovely because they're lovely and absolutely delicious. So the number here eight hundred five two zero one five three four. And then when you have a good case, I tell you, hey, you got a good case, you need a lawyer or you could do it on your own. You don't need a lawyer, which a lot of people like to hear, because automatically some people say, oh I need a lawyer. No, no, sometimes not and or I don't need a lawyer, and you do, and that's when it gets and that's when you're not making some good decisions. Eight hundred five two zero one five three four And welcome back. Handle on the law marginal legal advice. All right, Neil, you're up. Let's start with you. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Thanks for I wanted to ask how you're doing, but I know that's a mistake.
Speaker 2: Yes, But.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I just got out of the hospital. About about three months ago. I had my second stint put in and it failed because I was taking off bloodbinners and so I basically I had a little heart attack on Wednesday, and I went in and and they redid it. But you know, I know you always ask, you know, what were the damages to me for having this happen? But uh so, but you know, two stories. I was like, I'm a Kaiser patient. I went to the emergency room there and they quickly rushed me over to Providence because this was an active thing that they couldn't handle right away. And so yeah, they went. So they went in and replaced the stint in and so coming off the blood there is I had this nose believe that they couldn't stop. So I'd gone into the hospital a week before.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, hang on a minute. You they took you off your blood fitter, yet you had a nosebleed that you couldn't stop, which I'm assuming is a result of blood thinner or maybe the two were not connected.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, okay, correct, Yeah, yeah, So I had a head cold and I was blowing my nose until that started was pretty severe, and so you know, they gave me a rhino rocket.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know what that is.
Speaker 2: No idea tampon.
Speaker 4: It's like a tampon with the.
Speaker 2: Balloon, regular tampon string hanging out. Stay.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, well that's what I was dealing with for about five days. Okay, So I went to the E and T doctor, you know, after I had that thing installed, and I thought I was going to get it removed and nego going in there and chunterize it because I know, so once you're you have a stint put in, it's really important that you do not come off blood thinners for a year, right, Yes, And I was taking I was taking a number of them, so that's why I was getting these bleeding things. So so yeah, so I got got over to Providence and you know this had happened, and you know, they just kind of told me and the doctor said, well, they took you off that stuff and you know, to the E and T doctors. You know, he conferred with my cardiologist.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's based on okay, hang on, hang on, this is getting too long, you know, So based on what you're saying, the malpractice here if there's any is while the stint was in your body, and because the stint was there forever you have to forever get off of blood thinners. Correct, And they took you off blood thinners, so you have to be on blood flitters for the rest of your life, and they took you off them.
Speaker 4: Correct, Not necessarily so, but with the stint, the rule is usually for one solid year they get you on plavix and then then they take you off. Because on my first one, that's what I did.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough. Is it within a year that all of this happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah it was three I just had my stent three months ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they took you off blood thinners with three months after the stint went in when it should have been at least a year. Is that what happened? Okay? So based on what you said, it sounds like malpractice. So now when I talk about damages, a lawyer who is going to sue the facility Kaiser for example, is starting to has to argue malpractice took place, which could happen. Okay, based on what you said. Yeah, let's say it's true. And here's where damages get really really critical. You haven't been permanently injured. You had a real healthy nosebleed, you had to go to another hospital. It's is that enough to sue for medical malpractice? Because keeping keep in mind that lawyers have to a medical malpractice case against a facility like Kaiser, which has unlimited legal uh legal resources, is as difficult as a multimillion dollar case, and they're going to say it's just not worth it. Also, it's arbitration. And by the way, I'm a member of Kaiser too. I was there yesterday. I was having a colonoscopy and it was and I think the doctor didn't even know where the kolonoscopy was supposed to go, and that was a little problematic. But damages, I don't know. You know, that's your problem question. Yeah, I don't think there's much there. And I don't think even when there's malpractice, even when there was legitimate malpractice and there are no damages. Okay, I had a healthy nosebleed. Okay, I was in the hospital for three days because of the malpractice. Okay, got it. You were three days in the hospital. What is that worth because remember the lawyer takes thirty or forty percent, So what is that worth if I'm on the jury, or I'm a judge, or I'm an arbitrator. I'm gonna go. Okay, three days in the hospital, lost the wages, pain and suffering. Here's a few thousand dollars. It's it's simply not worth it. Oh, here's a fun one. Lee, Hi Lee, welcome, Hi Bill.
Speaker 6: I have a question regarding my aunt. So, she passed in twenty twenty two, and I was a trustee and sole beneficiary of her trust, and I took care of everything. But she had two cemetery plots at a cemetery, and when I went to go and try to transfer their titles, they told me that I had to get the approval of my other aunts and uncles, her siblings.
Speaker 2: Well, hey on, man, and wait a second. The trust owned the plots, correct, yes, okay. So, and you are the sole trust trustee, right okay, And they're saying we need a permission of someone else for you to deal with this. With this trust, you're basically the owner of that plot, right, And so I have a plot. So for example, I have a plot, right, and and let's say I want to sell it or I want to do whatever I want with it, transfer it and they go, oh, no, no, you can't do that. You have to have your ex or your brother give permission. I go, wast I own it. It's nobody else's I own it. And that's the case here. You are the trustee. There's no one else that can make the decision. They're crazy. What do you want to do with the plot? What do you want to do with the plot?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I was thinking of selling it.
Speaker 2: Good and sell it. Something's really wrong here, Yeah, something's wrong here. I don't understand why they're saying that. And you want to ask, wait a minute, why do I have to get permission of someone where someone doesn't have any any ownership or any control over this.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: And I did argue that with them, and they said, this is our policy.
Speaker 2: Okay, then you have to Then I think you need a lawyer letter. Then you need a lawyer letter, and you have a lawyer say, and by the way, my question is why not the clerk down the street that works at Costco? Do I have to get that permission to? Yeah? I mean that doesn't make any sense. Something is really weird about that. But let me tell you about family manners. You know, when it was time to put my mom into an assisted living facility, and a lot of people have that issue. I had no idea where to go, so I put her in one near my house because that was sort of a default, and that one didn't work out so well. So I found another one near me, and that one barely worked out. I mean just barely. So let me tell you about senior living concierges. It's about putting your senior loved one into an excellent carrying environment. Living concierges will dramatically reduce the amount of time that it takes to search, evaluate, determine which would be the best facility. Boy, I wish I had that help. And it's not uncommon for one child in this case me to bear a heavier amount of responsibility, both in time and money and sometimes because maybe you live closer to a parent or a loved one, or you have more money, and so you end up bearing the brunt. And again that's what happened to me. And the search can also demand time away from your career and your family life, and the emotional strain involved cannot be understated. By the way, there's absolutely no cost to you for this service. This service is free to you, and when the time comes to find a facility. Maybe it's now. You will appreciate what senior living concierges do. Call eight eight eight two three eight sixty nine forty eight eight eight two three eight sixty nine forty visit SLC caring dot com. That's SLC caring dot com. Eight eight eight two three eight sixty nine forty SLC caring dot com. This is Handle on the Law.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI. I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Hey Fi, A am six forty will handle here. Good morning on a Saturday. Last half hour to go until eleven o'clock and then I continue on taking phone calls off the air. And you can imagine how quickly those go. And I do that for thirty forty minutes, however long it takes, so everybody's questions get answered. And the phone number here as always is eight hundred five two zero one five three four. We have a few lines open. We're doing pretty good now eight hundred five two zero one five three four And welcome back. More Handle on the Law, Marginal Legal Advice. Hello Don, welcome to Handle on the Law.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks for taking my call. Bill Listen, I I've heard you say this before. I am a piano mover. I do long distance moving, and lots of times I never have any contact with a person that's actually booking the move in pain, and so I always tell them because I thought I heard it from you, and I'm sure you'll correct me immediately. The a text works as a legal contract, as I tell them, you know, they send me a text, pick up the pan and with this address, deliver it to this address, and we'll pay you so much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's there's a contract. Yeah, there's your contract. You have to it doesn't have to be a written contract where the party of the first part and then here's the party of the second part, and whereas and then everybody signs it. You have an arrangement. They say, I understand, or you pick up the piano, this is what I'm going to pay you, and you do exactly what's it's there and you have agreed to a an action where you you don't need a written contract. That is a writing that validity, that validates your contract. So they can't say, oh, we didn't have a written contract. Now there are some instances where you do that. By law, you have to have a written contract. One of them, for example, is in the construction business. If you are doing X dollars of work. Let's say there's a general contractor doing over five hundred dollars worth of work, that has to be a written contract. A lawyer, I have to have a written contract with you. That's the law. But when it comes to general work like that, that's that's solid. So what happens is they don't pay you, for example, and then you come in and you say, and here's your proof. You assume a small claim scort for how much did it cost to move a piano? By the way, it's been a while since I've moved one.
Speaker 7: Well it it costant, you know, a cheap one of uprights, only two to fifty. But I a usually tell the US they don't pay me, I'll keep the piano. And I wish they would do that most of the time, but usually they end up paying me.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can say it, but all right, yeah, let's say it's five five hundred dollars. Is not unusual to have a piano, correct, Yeah, right, okay, So let's say you're moving a piano for five hundred dollars, you move it, pursue it to their request if you do this, I will pay you. And you do this, what are they going to say, we didn't have a writing and well there's the there's a proof right there. Yeah, it's in those cases, is is it is a legitimate contract. Mike, Hello, Mike, Welcome, Hi Bill.
Speaker 8: September of twenty twenty four, I started the process of having permanent entries put in where they pull all your teeth out with an ural surgeon and alter the process of having the teeth the take teeth made I had. I was complaining about swollen gums. I mentioned to the oral surgeon on a follow up visit and even my dentis and follow up visits, and he said sometimes they can take up to a year for the numbness to go away and the swelling of the tongue and the scurring which you're probably hearing. And it still hasn't gone away.
Speaker 2: So I mean, how long has it been?
Speaker 8: I need to talk to somebody. It was September twenty twenty four when he pulled my teeth out, all right, So I hadn't realized.
Speaker 2: Okay, this has been basically a couple of years. Okay, here here is the issue. Quite often here a few months. Yeah, okay, quite often. Well, first of all, year, a few months. When they say it's been about a year, you're going to go no place on that one, because people are being off a few months. But let's say it continues on. Let's say you call me a year from now, and so now we're talking about it's a year since they promised me it would go down. Here is the problem that you have, and that is you sign a consent form that I guarantee, you sign a consent for them and saying you are accepting the risk of and then you go all down the list that everything can happen to you, including death and loss of erection and oily stools or whatever the hell else they give you all right, all those disclaimers, and and there is a small percentage of people where complications occur without any malpractice. It's just a small number of people react and you're taking that risk. And their position is we've done nothing wrong. You know, what did we do? What did we do wrong? And so you bring in the dental experts and they say, I don't see anything wrong unless there's clear malpractice. And then after that there may be a case because numbness that goes on forever goes on, except you know you've accepted the risk and there's that percentage. Let me give you an idea. Let me give you an analogy or an example. Okay, in the general population, when kids are born, there is a two to three percent chance that the child is born anomalous, meaning that there's something wrong with the kid that was missed by everybody. And the problem is that no matter what people have done, what doctors have done or not done, there's a two to three percent chance that the kid comes out screwed up. And you take the risk. So if it's a two to three percent chance, you know what the the incident of filing a lawsuit against the doctor two to three percent, there is no child that is born even though nature says there is a certain percentage that are born that way that there's no lawsuit. And so this is why insurance. These doctors pay one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year for medical insurance, which is why obstetricians, Yeah, I don't think we're going to deliver babies, and they just don't deal with it anymore. But the bottom line is you have you have to go to another dentist clearly and say did and get the notes because there are notes, and say did the doctor do anything wrong? My clear negligence that that you don't wave. But then again, what is numbness in your mouth? You know you sound okay, so you know you have none. I just went to the dentist and I was numb and it was basically I chewed my lip off, but you know that's what happened. So yeah, I don't think you have my showcase there. I really don't. But thanks for calling. I'm glad I ruined your life. That all works out, Alex. Hi, Alex, welcome Alex. Yes, I can thank Bill.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Hi, turn.
Speaker 2: That radio down, Alex, turn that radio down. Yes it's down, Okay, goohd go ahead.
Speaker 3: Okay. I was calling because I'm having a problem with my employer. I was served a performance improvement plan that I think was in retaliation. I have an issue with this girl there, and she was mentioned on the performance improvement plan. I was accused of harassing her and she basically harassed me on my day off and we had a whole issue with the boss and everything. But I know the company is trying to push me out My question is do you deal with employment law? And like how if I have documented proof like emails and teams, chats and stuff, say, what's say? What what'd you say?
Speaker 2: Let's say what those chats and emails that proof.
Speaker 3: That she's been hostile towards me, called me names?
Speaker 2: Just yeah, right, okay? And so you know, are you hostile work environment? All right? Yeah? Nobody really cares because okay, let's say that's true and you declare a hostile work environment? What do you want? Are you? Okay? They want you. They're they're pushing you out. Okay, they're pushing you out. All right? Now, what what do you want as a result of them pushing you out?
Speaker 3: I want them to be held accountable because I think, okay.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? What does that mean? Alex?
Speaker 8: To you?
Speaker 3: Financial?
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go? How much? Okay, how much you think that's worth?
Speaker 3: Maybe like about two months paying or something? A job?
Speaker 2: Okay, at least you're not crazy, because I've heard people go, oh, half a million dollars, a million dollars okay, so you're not being nuts in that. Okay, fair enough?
Speaker 3: Another job?
Speaker 2: Oh, here's the problem. First of all, I get to get another job. Okay, And the problem is you get another job. California. You can be fired for any reason, no reason. Hostile work environment is something that's covered but not enough in your case. Just get the hell out of there. Just get out of there and get another job. What do you what do you do for a living?
Speaker 3: I'm a property manager, man, It's like luxury apartment buildings.
Speaker 2: Are that fair enough? Are there property management jobs out there?
Speaker 3: Yes? I have interviews next weekend, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Then there's no downside. Then you want to work for a place that actually wants you and is not willing to give you that kind of grief, and that that's where you go. That's that's the easiest thing to do. And I know, uh, and there are household work environments. I've been fired unfairly, Okay, great, Uh, you know, welcome to the real world. Now tell you what else is part of the real world. Is your bad breath? And do we all have it? Wake up in the morning with morning breath, and drink coffee and you got coffee breath. Then you eat garlic and onions and you have garlic and onion breath. And what ends up happening is uh, you know the foods that you eat that bad breath go into your stomach where they're still there as they're being churned and turned, and bad breath can start and stop as to start and stay in your stomach. Well, the Zelmans turns that around. Zelman's Minty Mouth. These are little capsules of parsley seed oil that are covered with a nice mint coating, nice strong mint which I love, and you pop two or three in your mouth, you suck the mint part off and then you swallow her by the end of the capsules, and it's parsley seed oil that then work in your stomach to really keep your breath fresh. For me, I don't care if I have bad breath that I'm breathing on you. For me, Zelman's minty Mouth that is just making my mouth feel fresh and just terrific for hours and hours. That's what Zelmons does. And until the end of the month, you get a free bonus pack of Zelmons with the purchases of a three pack off their original Peppermint flavor free bonus pack. It's worth nine bucks when you purchase a three pack and the only way to get this offer is go to Zelmans dot com slash KFI remember till the end of the month. Zelmans z l z E l M I N s Zelmans dot com slash KFI. This is handle on the Law KFI. Handle here. It is a Saturday morning. It is our last segment for the end of the show, and I will continue on answering questions after the show as I lock out and say goodbye to you, and I will do that off the air for future broadcasts. And I will just continue until all the calls are done. So hang loose, so no matter where you are. But at the same time, I do have a few lines open right now and the number is eight hundred five two zero one five three four. Eight hundred five two zero one five three four And welcome back to Handle on the Law Marginal Legal Advice. Now, I just had a call where I was asked, is an email considered a legal contract? And this was an email in which a service was done pursuant to the service provider. In this case was a piano mover from a customer saying this is where I want you to pick up the piano and move it here. And I understand I'm supposed to pay four hundred dollars for that and you just go right ahead. Is that a contract? You bet it is? Now we have another question regarding contracts. And this was kind of fun, all right, Jeff, welcome to handle on the law.
Speaker 9: Is this bill handle it?
Speaker 2: Is it is? Jeff?
Speaker 9: Did I listen to every day anyway?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 9: So real quick, yeah, of course. So anyway, I've been a licensed contractor HBAC for forty years. I get all my stuff on referrals. I'm a good guy. I do everything right, Okay. So then I did her ADU. A licensed contractor built adu. It's in del marl hoyot whatever up places, and I did the ADU. She was fine with my work, loved me. And then they got another contractor due to siding on their house and spit it up a little bit. Well, her neighbor, okay, a neighbor, not a very friendly neighbor, turned them in to get permits. So I had to stop my part of the job because the sighting wasn't completely finished. In the meantime, I finished ninety percent. All you do is put sheet metal caps on the outside to write. Then she I just called a year. So then she calls back. I call her back. She finally answers, and she tells me that I abandoned the job and I didn't get permits. Well, first of all, I've never gotten permits from putting the sheep on house. She had to get all the pro hold on.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: All your job was is to put sheet metal, not actually build the ADU. Is that correct?
Speaker 9: No, I was just putting sheat Buddle had all the line sets because somebody did such a okay job, So.
Speaker 2: You had you were putting it, we're putting. I'm a little confused you were putting siding on the house or doing.
Speaker 9: I was putting the sheep medal the sighting guys they're about I understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your job was done right and they didn't get a okay, and you got and you got a permit, and you got a permit for your part of it.
Speaker 9: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, do are you supposed to get a permit?
Speaker 9: Well, the.
Speaker 2: That's a yes, sir. No, that's a yes, sir. No, that's an easy one, Bob, Jeff. Are you supposed to get a permit when you do this kind of work on any problem?
Speaker 6: Thing?
Speaker 9: Is though they were getting permits for all the other stuff, are you I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's not your problem. That's not your problem. Do you have to have a permit to work?
Speaker 9: Not for I've never gotten a permit.
Speaker 2: For I don't care. Does the laws say, does the laws say you have to get a permit in order to do that work? I don't know the answer to that. Could be the general contractor as a permit that covers everything, all right, So uh okay, so what is what is your question?
Speaker 9: Well, my question is is a verbal agreement?
Speaker 2: No, not in terms of building. Nope, Nope, nope, not in terms of building. There has to be a written contract, but it doesn't have to be with her, it has to be with a contractor. H She says, I abandoned the job, all right, So you know what, you end up suing her in small claims court. And if she brings up the argument that, uh, there was a no permit filed or there wasn't enough, and you go, hey, a job I did and it didn't need a permit because the general contractor pulled a permit and all I did was put in the HVAC whatever amount whatever I did, and it's it's she's gonna say, you're you're actually gonna sue her directly, and she can say that's not my problems the general contractor. But I don't think she'll be able to say that. So and the small claims judge is probably going to miss it too. So I would sue her. How much? Wyey to show you?
Speaker 9: That's only twenty five hundred?
Speaker 2: Then you see her for twenty five hundred dollars. There are tons of defenses out there. Did you have a written contract a bid with the general?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: This was hiding her and me.
Speaker 2: Well, there is no between her and me because she didn't hire you. It was a general that hired you.
Speaker 9: No, she hired me.
Speaker 2: And oh and you didn't have a contract with her. No, a verbal contract. You're out of luck. You can't do that. You can't do that. Now, when I tell you you're out of luck, let me tell you about your personal information. It's a lot more accessible than you think accessible because every time you shop online, your data is collected, it's packaged, it's sold to data brokers and then scored. Companies use secret shadows scores to decide whether you're a high value VIP or you're a problem customer that they can simply ignore, which is why I'm going to suggest you need in cogny. In Cogny and Cognate works behind the scenes to remove your personal data from people search sites and data brokers and hidden databases you probably don't even know exist. And while you're online living your life, in Cognity is busy wiping your information from hundreds of databases. And they don't just stop there either. They keep sending up follow information or follow up removal requests, making sure that your data stays gone, helping to protect you from spam and scams and digital threats, because if they can can't find you, they can't scam you. And so take back your personal data within cogny I n c og n I in Cogni sixty percent off of their regular price when you use my name handle. So go to in cognate dot com slash handle, I n c og n i dot com slash handle. That's in cogni dot com slash handle. This is handle on the law. You've been listening to the Bill handle show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.