Speaker 1: Here we are. It's a Saturday afternoon back with Donna d Sterling hanging out. Beautiful afternoon in the Tri State Musketeer basketball back on the Big One. Lost in Murray State. The only upside to losing to the Racers is it doesn't count. It's preseason exhibition basketball. So there's that. What else is going on? Oh, oh, you got to football Bearcats prime time Oklahoma State later here seven hundred WLW, Donna and big stuff going on around the country, National news.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's the No Kings rally, the protest going on all over the country. I mean, you look at these numbers of people, Holy Smokes, New York, LA, Boston, of course, certainly, Chicago, DC, San Diego, Sacramento, I mean you know.
Speaker 1: Them, Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington, Indianapolis, blah blah blah blah blah, Chicago, across the country.
Speaker 3: Across the country.
Speaker 2: It's the No Kings or some people like I think Fox News right had the banner of the the Trump protests or whatever.
Speaker 1: Anti American I think is what they were. It seems to isn't anti American to protest. It seems to me, if you peacefully protest that's the nature of freedom of speech in this country. It's about hearing what you may not like or want to hear, however distasteful or otherwise. But if it turns riotous and destructive and breaking things and causing harm to individuals, and it becomes a combative, then you've got a problem, right right.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's nothing wrong with peaceful protesting.
Speaker 2: And and and and you know, if it's you know, if if people are blowing up cars and doing things like that, obviously there comes a problem. This nation was built on demonstrating and protesting for your rights and democracy.
Speaker 3: We all have a voice, we all have a vote, we all have a voice.
Speaker 1: So the question, of course, is is it anti American unholy to protest in these you know states.
Speaker 2: I think it's anti American to say that it's anti American, anti American to say it's anti American to protest.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree. I'd like to be combative and fight with you. I think it's maybe more compelling if.
Speaker 3: We we've been doing it for the last hour we.
Speaker 1: Have, it's true, So let's open up the phones, give you a chance to sound off, because I mean, there's a lot going on and an opportunity for you to avoice your opinion, because the bottom line is, uh, freedom of speech and protest peacefully, respectfully. It's all about it, is it not? That is America in a nutshell?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: What what are they protesting?
Speaker 2: Every There's millions of people out in the streets right now.
Speaker 3: What are they protesting with the.
Speaker 1: No kings, the power of the presidency, the idea that there should be you know, equal parts of government, whether it's the judiciary, you know, the legislative and of course the executive brand. We don't want a dictator in this country, right and there are people who are of the belief that the president of the United States currently is flexing muscle and doing things time and time and time again, and including during the shutdown that crosses the line of what the power and the authority of the president is supposed to be. And that I think is what's rankled a lot of people, including a lot of Republicans, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I agree, I absolutely agree in including millions of these citizens of this country because they're I mean, if you've seen, if you've been on Twitter, you've been seen on the news anything, these protests are large.
Speaker 1: I mean massive, I mean, as far as the I can see, Chicago looks huge, which of course they've been wanting to bring in the National Guard. And this sort of ties into something else here. We've had violence and stuff downtown in the midst. Now we have protests which have not, by the way, been violent as far as we've seen any reports of at this point, but we've had problems downtown and the idea of National Guard coming here. The other thing along with that is as the president, should he have military on our streets for the supposed insurrection? That and I've asked around where's the insurrection? That's what people are also asking is if there's an insurrection, where is it? Because people protest, is that an insurrection or is it not? I mean it seems I mean, now we get into a real serious can of conversation here.
Speaker 3: Fun Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, no, it is.
Speaker 3: But this is this is the elephant in the room.
Speaker 2: This is literally what everybody is talking about. That was that was purposeful, I know. So I you know, there are a million people probably more so. I mean, how many people are in the streets around millions around the country that are walking protesting and having their face scene and their voices heard, Yeah, and it's OK. So it's the big deal today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what do you think do you believe in the protest, the right to protest peacefully? Is is it somehow anti American to go out there and to have your voice heard, as long as you do it without breaking stuff and causing harm to your fellow neighbor five one, three, seven, four ninety seven, eight hundred the Big One. You pick up the phone, you give it the finger if you're out there on social or something like that. X At Sterling Radio, we've still got the Instagram Sterling Dot, donad Dot twenty twenty three. I know it's twenty five, but we've been together that long. And also talk back the iHeartRadio app. A click on the microphone, leave a message there. Let's start with Stanley and then room for you on a Saturday Sterling and Donna d on the Big One. What about these protests American or anti American? I mean, are we living in Russia or the former Soviet Union where you know you want a strong man to come in and get rid of these protesters because you don't like what they're saying, because they're being critical of the person or the party, in power, including people who are of that party who are pissed off, aggravated, and are tired of somehow being marginalized and talked about as if somehow they're the enemy because they disagree. Stanley, your first with Sterling and Donna de on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, you know you.
Speaker 6: Kill me with your realism.
Speaker 1: Dude, Well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to kill him, Stanley, What does that mean? What are we talking about?
Speaker 6: I mean like his points are so pointed. Nonetheless, Donna, you said the best thing I've ever heard?
Speaker 1: What was that? Hello, Stanley?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's an American to say that, it's an American to protest something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even though I wouldn't go down.
Speaker 6: That protest, rote Donald, that was one of the greatest things I've ever heard a work. You ever come up with that?
Speaker 2: I you know, these things are like they come normal to me, Stanley, only fantastic Hall, No, it did.
Speaker 3: It was anti American, Yo, I agree? I agree.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you listening and contributing to the show. What else do you have? I'm not trying to get you off the air prematurely? What else do you have?
Speaker 2: Go off?
Speaker 6: Say buck Eye's do Bangles?
Speaker 1: There you go. How about Thursday night by the way, I mean serious. Oh, Joe Flacco forty years old? You know what that's he's a geezer and he's getting it done.
Speaker 3: I like, he's looking good.
Speaker 1: In like a period of what eight or ten days, he makes the trip down seventy one. He's got a new playbook, a new weapon. He's never had the offensive weaponry to work with is he's had here in Cincinnati with.
Speaker 3: It's really amazing.
Speaker 1: Go from Joe's toe to a couple of weeks of I don't know what happened. The guy we thought was the number two, who could maybe be at number one, look lost like a deer in the headlights, which is, oh, which way do I go to? Then Joe Flacco a trade of all kinds of trades, and then here.
Speaker 3: We are, no I know.
Speaker 2: And he had a great record against the Steelers and Iron Rogers, so it was nice he won that one.
Speaker 3: That was fantastic.
Speaker 1: And the Jets coming in, who are not good, so you just can't overlook them because it is still the NFL. Let's get one more in here before we break the news to Florence and Jeff was sterling and donnade on the big one either who they speak or certainly you can also talk about this no Kings thing in the protest. Is it an American to say that it's an American to protest? I mean, is.
Speaker 7: It absolutely not? Because I'm a United States veteran. I'm a veteran who the United States Navy, and I've been in protest before, been in protest o receives where people haven't actually gotten shot and actually bloody because they tried to protest. And for us to voice ourselves as American, that's exactly what we live in a democracy.
Speaker 5: Appreciate your voice.
Speaker 2: Voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think at this point that questioning the person who's in the position of power and authority occupying the White House, be it Trump or whoever's gotten next or anyone in the past, should have the authority as they're describing. Do you think he's flexed too much in the power of the presidency or been allowed to go too far?
Speaker 8: This gentleman's flects too much in that. I mean, how long have you been in office? Six months? Maybe months?
Speaker 1: Gotten a lot time?
Speaker 8: Yeah, gotten a lot time, and and you know what he's done more I mean negatively towards our serviceman, towards towards everybody. If you're a Democrat, you get you get to get frowned upon. I mean, what kind of country is this under that leadership?
Speaker 1: That's a solid question, Jeff. We'll give others a chance to sound off. Sounds like you're outside. Enjoy the day. I appreciate you being a part of the show. And it's nine months January twentieth except October twentieth, mixt nine Basic Matt Dave Keaton worked it out. We had the calculatory. Yeah, straight away, you're five o'clock report. More conversation about protests and no kings across the country to the Tri State here, dangers downtown, collapsing patio situation, went to the deck around the scary stuff. We're coming back here and of course you got bearcats on the road at Oklahoma State later on here seven hundred WLW. Here we are final out together, short Saturday show sterling back with Donna d Beautiful day in the Tri State for protesting around the country as well.
Speaker 3: They're calling it the biggest protest.
Speaker 2: Analysts are saying in American history, how crazy is that?
Speaker 1: It is crazy and a lot of people, it's a weird thing because somebody's oh, it's not American, it's anti American to protest, which seems completely as awkwards, to be honest with you, some would say in the case, so here's the question again, anti American to protest in America, which was founded upon freedom of speech, including political speech, and the idea of no Kings, which branding wise not necessarily the best name.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: We were talking with Dave, our producer, about that because no Kings isn't exactly what because I said, what does it mean? What does it mean? What are they out there protesting? And it's pro democracy. It's not about a dictatorship. It's it's it's a monarchy. We are a monarchy.
Speaker 9: We let that.
Speaker 1: We We went from the UK in Britain, they were like taxation without representation in and up in Boston. They dumped a whole lot of tea in the water. I really remember this story. We messed up a whole lot of lobsters. They were all hopped up on the caffeine and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So, regardless of political leanings, the idea that somehow it's anti American to protest is bewildering to me. It's because people don't like hearing what they don't like hearing.
Speaker 2: Well and and and this president has a ton of support in this country as well as and and that's fine, that's fine, but that doesn't mean that people can't go and and show their face and voice their opinion as well.
Speaker 3: That is as American as it guess.
Speaker 1: And this is your chance to voice your opinion five p one three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred, the big one, Your chance to speak your You can talk back on the iHeartRadio app. Just click on that microphone as well. And I want to know, do you think maybe you've been at the protests in and around the Tri state Dayton area, Louisville, Lexington, Indiana. We got a big footprint here, by the way, and it's.
Speaker 3: Places like Alabama in the South.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, I mean, if DC right up to the White House, and Chicago and Boston some of the biggest crowds that I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people, it's for sure. And the thing is you may not agree with it. I may not agree with it, but that's okay. That's the American way. That's exactly right, as long as you're not breaking stuff. As long as you're not hurting other people. That is the nature of what this is about. And many of the questions also is the limited authority of the government in putting military on our streets, which then leads me to another question. And I may short show, but I a lot of questions done it. So here we are in Cincinnati, and there's been the percolating issue, an ongoing problem of violent it's on the streets of Cincinnati. And whether it's here or in Dayton, Louisville, Lexington, across the country, the reality is that we have problems with gun violence. People are quick to get to the gun and do dumb things, dangerous things and hurt people. Like after a Thursday night football win that was a maze with the Bengals handling business with Joe Flacco under center a Thursday night in the big white up handling the Steelers, which was just a beautiful thing. It was amazing get done.
Speaker 3: That was exciting. That was an exciting game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then a couple hours later, it was at Third and Sycamore. You get a guy and his beamer sitting there in the car gets gunned down by a guy who drove by popped a couple of rounds in there and then sped off good news. Cincinnati police apparently have the accused, the alleged shooter, in custody, so they're getting it done. But the question is about getting out and about in downtown. Are the police not doing their job? Is it the mayor? Is it the city manager? Is the police chief going to get punted? Should she? Is it the courts? Are the courts not doing their job and putting people away who should be put away for a while off the streets.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I talked to a detective about this. I was on the plane next to him coming back to Cincinnati. And why what he said, Oh, I had so many I asked him to come on the show with us, and he said, I don't do interviews.
Speaker 3: I can, I just don't.
Speaker 2: And and he said it's the judges, is what he was saying. They just let him out. They just let let these convicted criminals out. And that is a scary thing that's coming from him.
Speaker 1: Scenario.
Speaker 3: It is very weird scenario.
Speaker 1: So in that case, you know, if the law is not being handled a proper way, if juries aren't convicting, and if they are convicting, and then the judges somehow are giving them lighter sentences or something. Then there's a problem in that adjudication, in that system and how it plays out. And that's an issue aside from the you know, the jail, in the prison system where you know, you get young kids that are at risk. That's why something like Lighthouse Use Services who I love here in the Tri State, who does great things kids that are at risk, who are at that crossroads, who may have problems at home, who have done a little this or that to maybe keep them where they need to be, back on the rails in school doing the right things rather than on the street late at night causing problems. Then get incarcerated and get a higher education certificate like a GED or an Associates degree in criminal behavior, because sometimes they not only get victimized, they become a greater what do you wanna call it? A cancer on society when they're turned back out, And that's what the police have to deal with, you know. So we'll give you, well, let's rip them some calls, get people a chance to be heard. Five point three, seven, four nine, seven, eight hundred the big one of course. Also you get football bearcats in action later on eight o'clock kickoff Oklahoma State pregame coverage Full Lawn with Chick Ludwig. After we're done, after the six o'clock report, get to Dell, Hi, Ronnie, Tony, Susan, Chuck and others in room for you on a Saturday Sterling and Donnade on the Big One. Ronnie, what do you know?
Speaker 10: Not much, Boss, appreciate show. Nice commentary. One thing. It kind of goes back another subject. You guys going on different topics, and of course the many things to say, but pertaining to like the No Kings March or really any function. I mean, it's been my experience in the past that a lot of the opponents of these movements promote that sort of activity, come out and protest no Kings if that's if.
Speaker 5: You think, you know, mag is of this that or the other.
Speaker 10: If you think this, and really it's more to bate them into the open so you see who the opponent is. That's that's oversimplifying my point. But I've seen strategies where it's almost beneficial for certain individuals to come out in the open and protest. Now, me personally, I don't care what you're protesting. I don't care if You're like, it doesn't matter. You have the right protest period peacefully.
Speaker 1: That's the trick, right.
Speaker 10: It's all game, it's all it's all fair, it's all uh, it's all you know. So anyway, I just you know, when you guys talk about protesting and organized protesting, there is a counter.
Speaker 5: Ops to it in a sense.
Speaker 10: This is beneficial at times.
Speaker 1: Great call, and you know what it does put people you got it, Hang on a second, but you said something very interesting. Because people do come out there, you risk putting your job in jeopardy. You could start being on that watch list as somebody who might be an agitator or something along those lines. And it could be abuse used now with whoever's in charge. In the next time around, when it's the other side, it could be used in the other way too, And that's what we all sort.
Speaker 5: Of that's yeah, that's actually the.
Speaker 1: Wait, where'd you go that?
Speaker 9: What funny point you bring up?
Speaker 10: Because yeah, depending on who's in office, you may have to go back two years to see what you've done and said, yeah, you know, so that's a sketchy little area, man.
Speaker 1: It really is, Ronnie, great call. I appreciate it, and that sort of leads into you know, that whole thing with the so called young Republicans that are all, by the way, adults up to the age I think one of them forty and all this racist stuff that they were and you question about privacy in getting into people's text messages, and they reason telegraph or telegraph whatever. Those I don't know, I don't use those, but one of those scenarios, and it's all this like Nazi stuff and racist stuff, and they're like, oh, those are just kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then you find out they're grown. It's all sack. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So some of them are being fired, some of them are quitting, and the question is, okay, should they be fired or otherwise. While people were upset when they were saying things that were offensive about Charlie Kirk's assassination and murder, well tit for tat is you say some racist stuff and you get it out there even though it shouldn't have maybe been made public, the fact is it has been made public.
Speaker 2: Well that's a bad look. Yeah, it's not a good look. It's definitely not a good look. And people are going to call you out. That's it, and that's the expect to be called out for that.
Speaker 1: There you go, let's get to Lebanon and Susan, Tony, Diane Chuck and others coming up on a Saturday Sterling and Donnade on the Big One. What do you think, Susan, what do you have?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sterling, thanks for taking my call. I really believe that there's a lot of like what's provoking these protesters, like what is the root of this? Is it? Where is the information that they're getting a lot of times I've been at some of these protests and you talk to some of the individuals and they have absolutely no idea why they're there. So I believe even like freedom of speech, I believe in obviously you have the right to protest, but over history, in fact, probably the last anywhere eight years, these protests never typically and peacefully, whether it's the ELM, whether it's.
Speaker 1: Januarys that are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I don't want to talk about January sixth.
Speaker 1: But that was a protest, right, I mean, that's fair game.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 4: I would say that there we've now found out that we're two hundred and forty FBI agents.
Speaker 1: We just talked about that really not having the right information, so you're speling information that's been debunked.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: It's where they're getting I think a lot of times it's where their resources are coming from. And of course everyone has the right to Again, I have no problem with people protesting, but when you talk to some of these people, we also know that some of them are even paid.
Speaker 3: There's millions billion people.
Speaker 1: Man, I didn't realize if there was money in protesting, I might be out there, Susan, I appreciate it, thank you, thank you, And that's great. I mean, if you can get paid to protest, that I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: I didn't either.
Speaker 1: Millions who's paid?
Speaker 3: Who is paying those?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's I think a lot of people are just pissed off.
Speaker 3: I've actually protested in my life.
Speaker 2: I've done, Yeah, I have, absolutely, I've done a lot of it has been for animal rights and things like that and so why I'm a vegan and things like that.
Speaker 1: So were you one of those women in cages that I had on years ago?
Speaker 10: Have you?
Speaker 2: I have never done anything like that with my dogs, anything to along with friends and my sister to promote animal welfare and things like that.
Speaker 1: See, the only protest I think I've ever been and was I think we wanted pizza back on Friday in elementary school that much.
Speaker 3: I might have done that too.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm just not getting it done. Let's just let's get one more in before the break on do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get one.
Speaker 1: Let's get a blue ash Chuck with Sterling and Donna Dee on Big One. What do you think about these protests about the violence downtown. I mean, we got a lot in a short amount of time. I'm sorry, that's right.
Speaker 5: I just I was turning on the station that will.
Speaker 9: Get a preview of the Bengal or the Cats game, and I heard these I heard the discussion, and it's like, I've not heard of a single Republican that ever said you have do not have the right to protest, including myself, and I'm a Republican. I have no problems with anybody protesting. What I have a problem with is when they're attacking facilities, federal facilities, and you have to go out and you've got to get those people out best. There's agitators. They are paid. I'm not saying a million people were paid, but in each area they are people that have been paid.
Speaker 1: How do we know that they've been paid? I'm curious because I agree with you. No one should be assaulting our federal people, and then no one should be assaulting these fee officers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody should be doing.
Speaker 5: My son's the police officer. My son the police officer. So this is very close to me. Yeah, and I and I've and I and I've had.
Speaker 9: My own charity where I've given to Home of Shelters for ten years and dealt with wax and and and and and everybody, and and there's just absolutely no racism.
Speaker 5: In my heart or in my family.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good.
Speaker 9: And to see my son attacked because he has been attacked the Summer of Love and all that stuff and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: When was it? How how old is your son? He was attacked during the that was like the sixties, right, the Summer of Love.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, it was just four years ago.
Speaker 9: The it was all part of the protests and in twenty twenty when with George Floyd and all that it was it went through all across the country and including he had a lot of riots had and my son was part of that protests.
Speaker 5: That's fine, and I agree with that.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing is, they.
Speaker 5: Don't get violent. Yeah, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all agree on that.
Speaker 1: We absolutely agree on that. But again, i'd like to know who's getting paid and how they're getting paid.
Speaker 5: That's that's through all these n g os and and I'm sure you don't watch Fox because I do.
Speaker 1: It's unpatriotic move Newsom called for marines and now they didn't move the Chiron. So yeah, no, I watch everything. Believe me, I take in way too much information.
Speaker 3: We all do over here.
Speaker 9: So again, if you listen, okay, that's great, and I also listen, and I hope you do this once in a while. I don't know if you do or not, but go to YouTube and listen to all the Senate hearings and the recent ones with Cash Betel and he because he's releasing all this information. The last caller, I think it was Susan. She was correct. There were two hundred and forty nine FBI agents that were in the January sixth environment.
Speaker 5: When was that you?
Speaker 1: Bok here's the thing. I just want to know why the National Guard wasn't there and why the President didn't do something more to have that happen. With all the talk. And I'm a conservative, by the way, so well, hold on a minute. So in the we're against the long time. So when we come back after the news, we'll get into it. And I appreciate the call, Chuck, you were fantastic, And I appreciate your son being out there in uniform on the street, putting his life at risk. That's often, unfortunately, a thankless job, and it's certainly a difficult job. And I have friends and family who've done that as first responders, cops and in our military as well, So we appreciate you and him, so thank you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that. But you got to be careful using the word the bunk because it's the bunk, because the MSNBC and those no.
Speaker 1: It hasn't no, it's been. We don't have time to get into it right now. I'm against the long time. Just because Cash Betel said it doesn't mean it's so. It's just that simple. It's sort of like you know, calling out in fact checking people news straight away your five third or report. We've got Ray and Tony and others coming up, Sterling with Donna d Saturday afternoon, bear Cat Football later with Oklahoma State getting it on Big twelve Action kickoff eight o'clock Chicks got pregame full on when we're done after six seven hundredu wleulws you know, the big one, seven hundred W LW Sterling and Donnade hanging out, and we lost another monumental player in the world of rock. Ayce Freely from Kiss. I know Kiss fans that I love him hate him with this disco era stuff.
Speaker 3: Ah, this this is a great sauze.
Speaker 1: This is when I was And I remember my buddy, Todd's older brother was into Kiss big time, and Todd and I were all into this because it was like new and big, and he was like, that's disc going it sucks, and he was he thought they had been traders and sold out. But this is how a different generation got invited in. But we lost ayst Freely. It's been a tough couple of weeks for celebrity debt.
Speaker 2: I mean, ays Freely is only seventy four years old, and that is young sounding to me right now. It's seventy four, not much of a geezer, but even worse.
Speaker 3: D'Angelo fifty one fifty one, an R and B singer. Yeah, it was some can't yeah, oh here's bad.
Speaker 1: No d Angela. We could find some you know how many people got pregnant to D'Angelo music in the nineties early two thousand.
Speaker 2: Was like somebody, what was the untitled song that was the big hit?
Speaker 1: A lot of babies made this too.
Speaker 2: This was the best kiss song in my opinion. Yeah, I can't come. What a good what a great band. Original lead singer Ace in seventy four passed away this week another one we lost again.
Speaker 3: Diane Keaton.
Speaker 1: Brings it out early kiss days.
Speaker 2: You know this, Yeah, well it was the most popular one danel fifty one people getting pregnant right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a bad you know what song?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely? And and Keaton we lost to it, didn't lose her. I mean she passed away, had pneumonia. I guess seventy nine years old, you told me something great. No, it was a million dollars were her golden retriever. She left five million dollars to her dog. And obviously someone's going to take care of the dog the way that she'd think, Right, well, maybe whoever I do, whoever is is going to get that five million, and then the dog castes dog I would do.
Speaker 3: I would do it for nothing.
Speaker 1: Like all kinds of dogs, cats, turtles.
Speaker 3: And getting ready to foster another one.
Speaker 2: But I I you know, once the dog passes away, then the rest of the money goes to a charity, an animal charity.
Speaker 1: Which is fantastic. Good for her for doing that. And you know what's important is people getting their stuff in line as far as like. And people are very uncomfortable about planning their future with their estates and stuff because they don't want to face the inevitable that we have an expiration date, right, So it's good to get your stuff in order and uh, you know, and make sure that you're kids know how to handle stuff and what you're doing because in the midst of the trauma and the loss and the heartache of losing people we love and sometimes it happens on you know, in an accident unexpectedly. Uh, you're overwhelmed and do a lot of things and money issues and everything else. That money's lost and wasted sometimes because people haven't gotten their.
Speaker 3: Direct I mean, yeah, you have to.
Speaker 2: There's tons of things you have to do where it goes to the government.
Speaker 1: They get enough already, which is actually everything going on. Let's get to Coldraine real quick. Here's Eddie was Stirling and down a d talking kiss on the big one into others. What's up?
Speaker 2: Ed?
Speaker 10: Hey you guys.
Speaker 4: She said that was the lead singer.
Speaker 2: He was lead guitarist, lead guitarist. If if I did say that, that's my bad.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I didn't even notice that. Sorry.
Speaker 7: And then that that song that you were talking about, that you were playing that what can I do?
Speaker 5: That was Peter Chris.
Speaker 1: Correct Yeah, I said that. Yeah, but he's still playing.
Speaker 10: That's all right, that's all right, that's Eddie.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Listen, we know our listeners will call him correct us in the second we get something.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to I'm not trying to give you a heart.
Speaker 1: No, don't worry about that, Listen. I had a kiss. I had a kiss lunch box, and then somebody stole that, and then I got a Planet of the Apes lunch box as a kid coming up, So you know that's.
Speaker 3: How we're running.
Speaker 10: I had a jacket, dude, I would get forever.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, you were living large. I couldn't. I remember. Outside of the first high school I went to, you'd have all those kids outside smoking cigarettes and occasionally weed, and I'm like, those are the kids I'm not supposed to hang out with but they were always listening to kissing other.
Speaker 2: Remember remember Jeene Simmons had his had his tongue and I'm gonna let you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had his tongue insured for like a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh I missed that did He really was a big deal. It was a big draw for a lot of people that's spinning blood and everything. Yeah, I remember I was. I think it was a Halloween night at hair Arena that I got to see them, and there was a New Year's Night either at the gardens here or it might have been hair. I either worked it at hair or went to it, which was like a probably worked because my mother would never let me go if I wasn't working. And that was just tremendous.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was a once in a lifetime era that they, you know, a band like that would get dressed up and I mean I don't know of another band that does that except for you know, people that are copying guar.
Speaker 1: Not at the same level, Okay, I mean don't know that does a lot of mask and a big show like that. I mean there's some others, but yeah, Kiss was there. Innovators. Alice Cooper really kind of started that arguably too right. I mean, and what are just a long list of songs and everything else too, just amazing. And Jeane Simmons just passed out and drove off I think it was in Malibu or wherever, and drove off the road. He's lucky he didn't kill himself or somebody else. I mean, it's a real fortune. He's like seventy some years old too. We're all getting up there, getting any younger.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Five nine, eight hundred, the big one. I saw something in Colinaro. We didn't really talk about this. I was running errands the other day and I should have gotten a picture of it. I went into a place to get some auto stuff and I came out and I noticed at the stop light on the post like the metal pole, there was a sign for used betting mattresses used, not new. And I grew up around a furniture store. Is a kid coming up and no, thank you? They sold new stuff, right. And I was trying to process of all the things that you would buy used. Would you think about betting as being the I mean the time of bed bugs and lice and I don't know.
Speaker 3: Might and anything you can think of.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know. It was a sign on a post, so I don't even know how legit if legally, can you sell use betting because I mean it's betting. People do a lot of things on beds. It's inherent with what it is now in the world.
Speaker 2: Anybody ever get in I mean no, The answer is I would never buy use betting.
Speaker 1: I mean people sell and you know, donate furniture. I've done that. I've sold it and donated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've had family go, you know, moving out my first place. Here's a sofa sectional we got new habit and I'm like, awesome because I'm not spending three grand as like a twenty two year old. It was People get used clothes, they go to like Goodwill and you know thrift shops. People thrift especially Halloween time, a lot of cool stuff. Yeah, but where do you draw the line betting? I mean carpet they sell used carpet or used to There's another weird thing, right, I mean serious?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what, my friend Big Daddy just texted me he's listening to the show. Well he got engaged last night. Really yeah, and Jeff, I'm so sorry I did make it to that, but he got engaged to his girlfriend and graduation celebration at Ruby's downtown and I'm so sorry I missed it, but congratulations buddy.
Speaker 3: He deserves it. He's such a good.
Speaker 2: Guy and he's oh yeah, and uh, you know, I just wish the best for that new Q couple.
Speaker 1: No question about that. Stopping the glasses, jumping the broom and saying good for chat. That's tremendous. That really is cool. I'm excited about that. You got football bear catch coming up, chick lut, We're gonna get you ready for that. They're on the road Oklahoma State. They're ranked number twenty four in the country, Big twelve matchup Oklahoma State, of course a legendary, but they're not having the best of years. And I think Saderfield's guys about ready to get to work tonight. That's good. And I'm still in the after glow. I didn't play, but I'm in the after glow basking and the good feeling. What a difference. Do you know how odd the energy shift has been in the Tri State and wherever, Like Bengals Nation is who day World, whatever you want to call it. Just with the win in Flacco coming in and seeing that what seemed to be a turnaround, and how good that offense seemed to be clicking and the defense seeming to be handling obviously an AFC North opponent in the Steelers. I mean, it's a.
Speaker 3: Dutiful it's exciting. It was really exciting.
Speaker 2: In fact, the first game that Fled played was everybody.
Speaker 3: Was like, this guy could be good. We see some serious potential.
Speaker 2: And then he comes against the Packers, who look really good this season. But he's got a personal excellent record.
Speaker 3: I think it was a.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl winner as an MVP. He's been around for twenty five hundred years or something. He's literally like a two hundred and eighty year old guy in the football years, and he's still getting it done.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're right, that's some energy going in the city for the Bengals, which we needed.
Speaker 1: I mean to go into Lambeau and do what they did, and it wasn't really necessarily junk time. What that really was was a guy had note hardly any time to practice with this team and then to go up to Green Bay and basically put in a workout is really what it was. And seeing exactly what he felt comfortable doing in that offense with this top level talent and then going at it. It was interesting to watch. And then a few more days would basically walk throughsdays, say they didn't really have on that short week for a Thursday night game, and then they went to work on the Steelers. I mean, it was tremendous.
Speaker 2: It was nice to see Joe Burrow on the sideline too. He was like super excited. I mean, we want, we need to keep winning. So when he gets back in, we're gonna be ready to go.
Speaker 1: You know what's amazing is my neighbor's wife, and she's funny one. She got all excited about South Stewart and his mustache. She was devastated when he shaved the stash, and and she's all about Joe Burrows. So I see her walking I'm walking the dog yesterday Friday. Yeah, this is Saturday, and she's telling me, do you see Joe on the sideline loving that Joe's hair, love Burrow's hair. I'm like, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, it look good.
Speaker 3: He looked great.
Speaker 1: Actually sure, I mean, you know you're talking to a guy who has no hair on his head, of course, but I mean she was just going on. She's I don't know, my buddy might be in trouble. She's just wanted to get with all these like superstar athletes.
Speaker 2: And it was it was exciting to see him, and it was just it feels like the energy, just like you said, has shifted within just a couple of games here that we're.
Speaker 3: Back at it. We are back at it. The car is no longer going off the cliff. We've backed up and now we're resetting.
Speaker 1: You know what also is going on aside from Shoho Tani who you know, a lot of people say, oh, he's juice and they need to chest him, check him for drugs. You know, three home runs the other night, pitched a fantastic game. The Dodgers buzzed right through the Milwaukee Brewers like they were nothing.
Speaker 2: He does seem a little inhuman here. I mean, it's unbelievable that we're watching one of the greatest baseball players of our time.
Speaker 1: Ever, ever, ever.
Speaker 3: It's crazy what that guy can do.
Speaker 1: And you know, a game away former reds now Seattle Mariners, of course, au Hannio Suarez, who had been talked about in order to trade deadline and maybe coming here. It worked out. He went back to you know, Seattle to do his thing there. Louis Castillo also a part of that, and they are a game away three two. It's a sort of winner, go home thing for the Blue Jays, and then they'll get at it. I think it's tomorrow night, so I mean, you know, I kind of like the fact that a team that beat the the Reds, if somebody was gonna beat him, is going to get to the World Series and maybe winning again. At least they're not losing to a team that ended up losing the next round and then the other side. I'm kind of rooting for some former Reds who seemed like just great human beings and good vibes doing it for the mayors. It is a sport is good, especially with everything else going on in the world. So it's great to see you. It's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I thought Dave was going to play a Christmas song. I think he did.
Speaker 1: He just wants done up.
Speaker 3: It's fifty two.
Speaker 1: He told us to get out all right, chick is coming up next. He's got you tuned up and ready to go for some football. Bearcat action and right now hooda today here home of the Hoo Day and the bearcat seven hundred WLW