Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dead.
Speaker 2: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 1: Your pregame look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you byy Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of aging Corona Applia awaits Spectra and by your so called Chevy Dealers. Together, let's drive now your pregame host of the world Champion La Dodgers Tam Cats, Hi.
Speaker 4: Everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this hot Saturday afternoon, August the twenty second, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Hope you're staying cool wherever you may be.
Speaker 4: If you're buy a pool, by the air conditioning, by the water of the ocean, wherever you're at, sit back and enjoy some Dodger baseball as we are off and running here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. The Dodgers playing host to the Pittsburgh Pirates. After a extra innings win in the series opener last night, the Dodgers are right back at it on this Saturday afternoon. Trek Scoble on the mound for the blue first pitch from Uniclo Field. That Dodger Stadium is coming up at four point fifteen. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear, of course, from David Vasse throughout the hour, Kyle Tucker. We'll hear from the Dodger right fielder coming up at about forty five minutes. We'll get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger skipper, Dave Roberts. Coming up at about twenty minutes. The latest injury report, as there's been a lot of movement and shaken in the last twenty four hours with Andy paj Has officially going to the il. More on that throughout the hour, of course, you're Dodgers magical. We'll hear from Tommy Edmon. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner, we got your Otani rewe It's a lot to get to between now. In first pitch, including a check to the galloping Ford broadcast with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, last night it was.
Speaker 4: Yamamoto time on the mound and the right hander pitch well six and the third innings two runs, five hits, struck out nine along the way.
Speaker 2: He gave up an early run with an RBI single in.
Speaker 4: The first as the Pirates jumped out to a one nothing lead, But just like the Dodgers do, they battled back in the bottom of the first, so Tony reached via a walk and then three batters later, Max Mounsey gave the Dodgers a lead.
Speaker 5: Bobba Chandler on two and two to Max Muncie the five ball the right field. Max Bunsey has.
Speaker 2: Cut out god.
Speaker 6: Kith Magnan went all the way in to the wall.
Speaker 7: He was trying to time his leap but never got around Mounsey the two run shot.
Speaker 5: He took home run of the year and the Dodgers take a two to one lead.
Speaker 4: Maxim Month see with his twenty six of the season, Dodgers taking the two.
Speaker 2: To one lead.
Speaker 4: That lead would be gone in the third against Zales again in RBI single that tied the game at two, but that didn't last long. Bottom of the third, Mookie Betts, with runners on RBI single, right back up the metal drives in FADU show. Tony comes around third and scores. That gave the Dodgers a four to two lead. Yamamoto put up Zeros the rest of his outing, pitching into the seventh inning before turning it over to Brock Stewart, who got the final two outs of the seventh. The eighth inning belonged to Kyle Hertz, and he came out and got hurt as O'Neil Cruz with a two run home run four hundred and twenty four feet that tied the game at four, and we had a brand new ball game out at the Ravine. The Dodgers couldn't push it across the run. At the bottom of the eighth ninth inning, both teams were scoreless, so free baseball at the Ravine last night. They went to the tenth inning as Evan Phillips came in and pitched well, yes put up a zero in the top half of the tenth, which was so important with that free runner at second. But in the bottom of the tenth inning, Dodgers got traffic on the base pass for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 2: With two outs, they Oscar Hernando is on deck.
Speaker 5: The two line drive left field, and this game is over.
Speaker 6: Tommy Edmund. We're a walk off line.
Speaker 7: Drive single left and the Dodgers win. It's five to four, So the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Are now five and zero in extra inning games and Edmund is a.
Speaker 6: Walk off hero.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmund, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: She has the walk off base hit to left Dodgers and ten innings win at five to four. As Charlie mentioned, they are now five in extra inning games. As the Dodgers get the victory, they're now seventy eight and fifty one. They remain nine games up on San Diego. They are ten games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks as the Dodgers continue to chase the Milwaukee Brewers for the best record in baseball. The good news is, though, the Dodgers have a control over the second spot in the National League for best overall record, and today they look to make it five in a row. Dodgers winners of four straight after the sweep in Colorado Series opening win last night in extra innings, and today it's Trek Scooble on the mount as the Dodgers, of course get the win last night brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less, as Trek Scooble goes to the mound this afternoon game two of this three game set Dodgers and the Pirates, and with more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast both as we.
Speaker 2: Say hello to Tim neveret Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much. Tim. It is a sunny and warm afternoon at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium for Game two of the three game set between the Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirate. It's the Dodgers with a thrilling extra innings win last night, their seventh walk off of the season, now seventy eight and fifty one and looking for their first five game winning streak since late May when they won six in a row. So with Trek Scoobel on the mound, they hope to get a W seven and seven for the left hander two to eighty five has earned run average Jared Jones the Southern California out of Whittier and Lamarado High School will get the start, his first ever start at Dodger Stadium. Jones two and five with a four to seventy eight earned run average. So, going back to last night, Moll Tommy Edmond, on an two pitch, took his ice cream cone back and hit it down the left field line for a game winner, a game that the Dodgers certainly needed, got a.
Speaker 9: Curve ball and out over the plate and took care of business. Also taking care of business, Hoshinova Gamamoto, we continue to say, is that he takes the mound and gives his ball club a chance to win a ball game. Well, he did more than that last night into the seventh inning with one out when they went to the bullpen for gammdo just two runs on five hits, struck out nine batters. So he gives his ball club a chance to win, and they responded, and especially in that first inning in last night's ballgame at two run home run by Max Munsey. The Dodgers then gave up the lead in the eighth inning, and then as you mentioned, with Tommy Edmund being able to do things in the bottom of the tenth ending. It's a much better feeling also knowing the Dodgers take the field today with a nine game lead over the Sacred Place pres but it's not going to be with their normal center fielder today.
Speaker 8: That's the top story today, Andy Pajes. After the game, it was revealed he had some fractures or a fracture in his hand. There were X rays. Dave Roberts this afternoon telling us the medical folks are leaning towards surgery, but that he still says the floor Forrany to return could be four weeks and they do expect him back. It's not a season ending situation. In the meantime, Alec Thomas, the former Diamondback center fielder who had been working for the Dodgers and TRIPLEA, called up. He is here, he's in the lineup batting it.
Speaker 9: And he was working out earlier on center field and being able to get the kind of a lay of the land. If you will an updated as far as the timeline with Pahz. If we look at the regular season right now, as we said, it ends in five weeks and one day on Sunday, September twenty seven, so there's five weeks in there, and then when did the Dodgers start playing in the postseason? You are they going to have to play in the wild card or do they have that time out? So the Dodgers will love to have that clock continue to take as long as they can and allow Pa has a chance to get back.
Speaker 8: A lot of stuff happening on a Saturday, My Good, Busy Saturday Today show. Hal Toani threw a live BP session to Will Smith today through thirty pitches as an inning and everything seemed to be okay. We'll get the report on him a little bit later on and we'll continue to hit against another major league guy, Jake Cousins, who's coming off of surgery. The Dodgers have had him re in Arizona. They brought him here. He pitched an inning. The right hander looked pretty good doing that as well. Justin Robluski threw a bullpen. Edwin Diaz threw a bullpen today. So the pitching department very busy.
Speaker 9: And then we found out Dave Roberts said, look on Tuesday, it's going to be tyder Glass. Now it will come off the injured list and pitch. So yeah, some guys are getting healthier and healthier. They need hens to be on the fans track. Just watching Will Smith very quickly watching him swing the bat today, I took it as a very positive sign. He had some bass speed selection and pitches on top of it, so he's getting closer and closer as well.
Speaker 8: They pulled the ball a few times too, which is good. So that's a report on some things happening here this afternoon. As we get you ready for the first pitch, it's the Dodgers and Pirates Tarrek skouball against Jared Jones.
Speaker 6: That's a pitching matchup, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much. As we cut you down the first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager. Dave Roberts of course checks in with the very latest, says the Dodgers have made a transaction. Alec Thomas gets called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City center fielder. We'll hear from him. Coming up with David Veass. You also go high and tight with of course Kyle Tucker. We'll break down this pitchy matchup, but up next to your Otani rewind and we'll hear from Tommy Edmund. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday afternoon. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 10: On tack.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates on this hot Saturday afternoon Trek Schoolble Jared Jones. The pitching matchup, we'll dive deeper into that coming up in just a little bit. First pitch sent for four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind conduc shortly not much speed at second base two two bottom of the third, Nobody out.
Speaker 5: The two Oh Tony lines up base head in the left center field. Producer will be held at third by Dino Ebel and so now the Dodgers have first and third. Nobody out.
Speaker 1: Now the pitch to uh Bunchie is.
Speaker 5: Low and inside and stealing second base is O Tony.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani with the wheels last night and the stolen base just his eighth of the season. Show Hey at the plate one for three with a couple of runs scored, also walk twice, so now hitting two ninety one on the season, a three to ninety on base percentage as the Dodgers get the win five to four in ten innings and the big reason why well runners on in the tenth inning for Tommy Edmund and he delivered with a huge RBI walk off single to give the Dodgers a five to four victory over the Pirates, and afterwards caught up with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 11: Tommy, it's always amazing you can come in the clutch for your team. But take me into just the mindset for a walk off moment, like you just have, yeah.
Speaker 12: Just trying to put a ball in play, you know, get something into the outfield and you know, got a decent pitch on on that last one, and you know just did the job.
Speaker 2: You were in an O two count.
Speaker 11: What are you reading there just to get that swing that you wanted, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just trying to get something up.
Speaker 12: I know he's going to try to give me to chase full of the zone and fortunately he left in a little bit too high.
Speaker 11: You had talked about them when we were in Denver that you were feeling the swing was in a good spot. How good are you feeling now when you get these types of results and continue to build your own momentum.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, feeling all right. Didn't have the best day leaning into that, but you know, kind of just kept the right mindset, try to stay consistent, and you know, forget about what happened earlier, and you know paid off.
Speaker 2: You guys had the sweep in Denver.
Speaker 11: When you can come back home, continue the winning, continue the momentum. How important was it to just start this home stand off with a really positive one.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's usually one of those extra inning games, you know, at a little higher intensity, and you know, it just feels good to keep the winning streat going and just trying to keep them mindfre.
Speaker 2: I let you go. Of course, it's players weekend.
Speaker 11: We noticed the bat tell us about it in just the sprinkles you had in the ice cream there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you guys been talking about ice cream cones a lot lately, so you know, it.
Speaker 2: Was kind of no brainer.
Speaker 11: It was perfect Tommy, congratulations on this moment and this win.
Speaker 2: Tonight's thank you appreciate it all right.
Speaker 4: There's Tommy Iman, Yeah, he had the sprinkles and ice cream bat. It's players weekend, so they get to put all the graphics and things on their bats, and so a lot of players doing it for their families and great causes. And of course Tommy Evans was doing it for his kid with the ice cream sprinkles, and it delivered last night with the RBI single and the tenth inning. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you Buy cars for kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today that car could be picked up tomorrow. Donat now at carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with the k still to come. Here On Dodgers on Deck, David Vassigo's high and tight with Kyle Tucker. We'll hear from the newest Dodger, Alex Thomas. What up next at Injury Report? Lots to get to with that leads up to Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this hot Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Hope you're cooling off wherever you're at.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Pirates coming up Marongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 2: Trek Scooble and Jared Jones the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: We'll dive deeper into the numbers between both of these guys coming up in just a little bit. WHILESO here from one of the newest Dodgers, Aleck Thomas giving beast say checks in first pitch, coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 4: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Certainly the big news. Andy Pai has hit on the hand last night, left the game. X Race came back with a fracture in the left hand. He has been placed on the injured list. They're gonna still see if he needs surgery or not. Either way, we're looking at four to six weeks as far as recovery time. More on that coming. U Alec Thomas gets called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. You'll hear from him and David vasse in just a little bit and when Diaz on the IL and next inflammation he threw today. He is progressing well and should be ready to go when his IL stent is over. Dalton rushing, Will Smith doing baseball activities, Blake Trining on the IL with the right elbow inflammation, working his way back. Will Klin also working his way back. Tyler Glass now on the IL. He'll come off the injury list and get the start on Tuesday in the opening game of that three game series against the Atlanta Braves. Bobby Miller, Been Cosparius, Gavin Stone, all in Triple A Oklahoma City, all trying to work their way back from injury riddled twenty twenty six seasons. All right, let's check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 6: Anything else with Dave. Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I didn't have it checked in with show Hey, but from everything from the coach is really positive, really positive. I think thirty pitches, six hitters, We're we're getting there. So today it was a good day. And obviously we saw Jake for a little bit just to get him here and put eyes on him. But getting Will in the batter's box taking some at bats. It's just good to see the compete from both those guys. And yeah, we're getting close.
Speaker 4: It's another live VP at.
Speaker 13: Some point here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think, you know, if it were up to show, hey, he'd be in a game UH in a few days, but I would assume another live VP. But we're going to make sure we talk to him and get with the training staff as well. Everything checked out YEP, which is the.
Speaker 12: Niece and leaders soot down to kind of manage the rest of the layers.
Speaker 2: This one of these things where you feel like you're behind.
Speaker 14: It's behind.
Speaker 10: I think it's behind us. I think that certainly given the build up, I think we'll be able to manage it. So it's it's some thing that you know, it's going to be a slow, you know, one two, three inning situation. So I think I think, I like to think the new thing is behind us.
Speaker 14: Can contributes to the NEAs that's has he been able to kind of work through some of the delivery stuff.
Speaker 10: During this time down he has, he has, but it's all sort of that's why this uh you know this live and the lives are good because you're actually facing hitters and you can kind of see if the mechanics how they play. But he has been working on it certainly.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 4: So a little bit of injury update there and of course show you Tony more on that coming up with David Vasse as Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues lean you up to first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and the Pirates.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers U on your home for La. Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers Pirates, Game two of this three game weekend set, quick three game homestand Dodgers winners of four in a row.
Speaker 2: Tarry Schooble looking to keep it going.
Speaker 4: First pitch of four to fifteen Dodgers Baseball brought to you by al Pato, born in La and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate.
Speaker 2: El Pato Gourmet Get a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV.
Speaker 4: The big news certainly of the Andy pot has going on the injured list, the Dodgers had to make a move and they bring up Alec Thomas from Triple A.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Alec Thomas was drafted by the Diamondbacks in the second round about five six years ago and spent basically his entire professional career up until they let him go this this May with them. And offensively he had dropped off quite a bit. That's part of the reason why that I'm Inbacks made the move and Alec Thomas was picked up by the Dodgers midway through the summer and they saw something as far as just organizational depth the defense, and they felt like they can get him back on track. Offensively, He's gonna have to play a lot of center field while po has is out for the next four to five weeks. Dave Roberts said, Alec Thomas is going to play against right handed pitching like he is today. And we had a chance to catch up with Alec Thomas, who is making his Dodger debut about not trying to be Andy Poe has instead just playing that solid defense.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I'm going to be you know, myself. You know, Andy's a great player, and I wish, you know, a speedy recovery for him, and but you know, I'm gonna try and play my branded baseball and you know that's why the Dodgers got me. So yeah, I'm just gonna go out there and be myself.
Speaker 3: How much communication do you have to have with Tucker and ta Oscar as far as how much you can cover out there.
Speaker 13: I feel like I've played against them enough maybe that they would understand. But yeah, I haven't even seen him yet, So once I see him, we'll have that conversation. But yeah, I think they'll they'll trust me and and I'll trust them too.
Speaker 3: I would imagine by now, Tim they have had that conversation. But yeah, Alec Thomas went to a hitting lab in Atlanta, he said, after the Dodgers acquired him. It was recommended by the Dodgers, and they also try to help out his swing. After he came back from that hitting lab, and he's done pretty well at Triple A, where he's sitting about two ninety compared to one with the Diamondbacks, and we just asked him, being a proven major league player for the last four years, what it was like being in Oklahoma City just waiting for his turn.
Speaker 13: Having that you know, marinating process in Triple A and and getting back to the things that I used to do. And then also they showed me some things in the outfield that I could work on as well, so that was really huge, and I feel like the numbers there have also increased as well as far as like getting off the ball and good jumps and everything.
Speaker 6: So honestly, we did.
Speaker 13: A big dive into everything about my game and it was all good stuff. So I'm really glad that I had that time in TRIPLEA to get back to my normal self and hey, you know, just play the game.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: The one thing to keep in mind him obviously Alec Thomas can play defense in center field, but the Dodgers are missing a big part of their offense with Andy Piez, who has hit twenty one home runs as eighty RBIs.
Speaker 6: He's an All Star.
Speaker 3: He's a goal glove center fielder, but with this unfortunate fracture after getting hit by a pitch, last night. Somebody else is going to have to pick up the offensive load. And the Dodgers have been waiting for ta Oscar Hernandez, Kyle Tucker and Mookie Betts to get their season on track, and they need those three guys more than ever right now.
Speaker 4: No doubt about a great stuff, Dave. We'll check back you with you just a little bit. Davis brought to by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to Byford noow dot com or You're Southern California for dealers for more information. Ford Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball. One of those guys, David is talking about Kyle Tucker. He's in a race his game. We'll hear from Kyle Tucker and Dave goes high and tight with him. Coming up in fifteen minutes. Coming up here on Morongco Casino Dodgers on Deck though your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday afternoon. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the Official Home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Pirates Trek scooball on the Mountain, Game two of this three game set twentieth Century Studios. The Dog stars legendary director Rit Scott. He returns with a gripping post apocalyptic thriller starring Jacob Elordi, Sjosh Brolin, Margaret Qually, and Guy Pierce. The Dog stars only in theaters and Imax August twenty eighth, But get your tickets now.
Speaker 1: A hot dog who wants a hot coun It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. It's magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Pirates this afternoon, we don't have to go back far. How about June ninth this season at P and C Park in Pittsburgh. Dodgers with a big win over the Pirates, but also a milestone moment for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 8: I sacrifice fly by pie his that's his third run. Banded into the game and Freddy Freeman swings there. It is hit number twenty five hundred. It's a base hit to center. Freeman comes into score, Otani goes first to the So Freddie Freeman with a milestone hit two thousand and five.
Speaker 6: Hundred career hits for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're asking you for the ball, cold plate umpire, just motion throw the ball over the Dodgers first base dugout and for Freddy Freeman a souvenir. Well earned.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to Freddie Freeman. Back on June ninth in Pittsburgh, career hit number twenty five hundred. That was an RBI single that was part of a ten run seventh inning for the Dodgers, broke open a two to two tie, as the Dodgers went on to beat the Pirates by a final of twelve to three.
Speaker 2: The Hoey Magical.
Speaker 4: Ballman brought to by Hofey hot Dogs Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoftey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, well check in with Charlie Stein are also coming up. In ten minutes, you're gonna hear from Kyle Tucker, so he leads you up to Dodgers Empires on this Saturday. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates on this hot Saturday afternoon. Wherever you're at, Hope you're enjoying a nice beverage staying cool. So it back and enjoy a little. Dodgers Baseball's coming up with Terry School. Look at first First winning the Dodger uniform. Time now for the Verizon startup, as we are about thirty eight minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. Let's welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 5: All right, Tim, as we get ready for Game one hundred and thirty thirty three games remain and thirty six days in the regular season. Game two, the Dodgers and the Pirates. We last night walk off win. The Dodgers now undefeated in extra innings. Last night there were six walkoff wins around Major League Baseball. Our game, the Phillies beating the Cardinals, Marlin's beating the Nationals, White Sox beating the Mets, Rangers, topping the Angels in ten, the Mariners beating the Cubs in ten, and so the Dodgers has a began play today two games behind Milwaukee, but the Brewers in the process of beating the Braves today. First a look back at last night and what the Dodgers did, how they did it, And of course I guess the big story. Pie has out and at least a month. That sounds like, well, no question about it. He was hit on a one to one pitch in the left hand, back of the left hand, and the third inning we got the update a little after nine o'clock. Pie has stayed in the ballgame, actually took his defensive position the next half ending. And then well we were told hand contusion. Well it was more than hand contusion. There is a fracture in there. And for Dave Roberts to Charlie a meeting with the members of the medium just about an hour ago, his quote was they're leaning towards some type of surgery. Now that's a quote from Dave Roberts. Now he also prefaces that we don't really know yet, but that is a possibility. And in the meantime, Alec Thomas, who had been let go by the Arizona Tima Backs. The Dodgers signed him. He's been a triple A. Well, Thomas is here, he is working out earlier. He's in that lineup people play at center field. So the Dodgers winning last night, it's a good sign. Not only five in a row that they've been able to win, but as you and I talked about last night in the broadcast, Dodgers the last sixteen games coming into last night's ball game had lost ten of those sixteen at home. They had not been able to score a lot of runs. Well, last night they scored five and made it hold up. You know, we've been talking a lot about the Dodgers and the Brewers and the Brays, and now the Dodgers really don't want to have to play a wild card round going in because this buys PA has more time to get healthy when the games go longer, and I know what it means to go longer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's break it down technically, as you mentioned, yeah, there's only X number of games left. Well, the season ends. The regular season ends on Sunday, September twenty seven, That is exactly five weeks and one day away, So there is some time in there. Whether or not we'll be able to make it back healthy enough for postseason, we will have to wait and see and end that period of time that he is out. The Dodgers have some encouraging news because earlier today show, Hey Otani, It's Live on the Mound, and he was throwing to Will Smith. So Will Smith took some big, healthy swings. So Tony made about thirty pitches in a bowl game. And we also learned that Tyler Glass now will come off the engury list and pitch on Tuesday as the Dodgs embark upon the road trip next week.
Speaker 5: We're talking last night as Yamamoto is putting on yet another Yamamoto performance. The Dodger pitching staff is now getting stronger as we head to the finish line. That's not generally the case around Major League Baseball in all the years who've been covering that a rotation gets stronger at the finish line rather than the other.
Speaker 9: Way around, exactly. And Robertson's ass kind of linking into that about uh Rubleski, for example, when he comes back, he said, well, they come back as a starter, and roberts said, probably not. He will probably come back in the bullpen, but not just for one inning. He says, he may be a guy that's linked in these things out maybe three innings, maybe a little bit more, depending upon situation. So the Dodgers right now, yes, that was a big injury because they're big RBI guy. And the way that he plays center field, I mean, if you look at Pie has last year, he's saved and really the opportunity for the Dodgers win the World Championship by that incredible catch that he made in left field in Toronto.
Speaker 5: And according to the Saber Defensive Index, Pie has a second in the majors in center field, second only he Crow Armstrong, so a superlative center field or defensively, he's been batting second of late two seventy two, twenty five home runs, eighty RBIs. That's a big loss. But again, as we have lost Paez at least for the foreseeable future, out over the mountains incomes Otani and Snell is back. Scooville is pitching today, and so again the Dodgers this year going about their business, and of course they've got the second best record in baseball now beginning the day at seventy eight and.
Speaker 2: Fifty one second only to the Brewers.
Speaker 5: In fact, pitching may end up carrying this team across the finish line wherever that may be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly in the pitching obviously, it's going to be coming back, and Edwin Diaz also is not that far away. Robert Silica, when he does come back, they're not going to shove him immediately into that closer role. They're going to kind of spot him here and there to build up the confidence and get things going a little bit more. So they'll address it a little differently. But in the meantime, the Dodgers are what they are, and that's nine games in front of the second place Podres of the National League Western Division.
Speaker 5: So it is schoobl and Jared Jones on the Saturday afternoon at Dodgers Stadium, Game two of the three game series, the Dodgers in the Bucks coming up.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie, still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck before first pitch, we got a preview this pitching matchup, Rex giving back with Tim Never They're gonna get you the keys to the game. But up next, Dodger rightfielder Kyle Tucker in an up and down season for Kyle Tucker, but hopefully on the upswing here in the final five and a half six weeks of the season, He'll go high and tight with David Vas saying, next, Dodgers and Pirates first pitch at four fifteen, I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on decked on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Pirates squaring off game two of this three game set. Dodgers winners a four in a row, nine game lead in the division. Trek Schoubl on the mound looking for his first win. It's coming over at the trade deadline. Jared Jones on the mound for the Buckos first pitch coming up at four fifteen. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner.
Speaker 2: Of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: All right, It's Saturday baseball, the Dodgers and Pirates getting set for first pitch on National TV, and I'm sitting in Charlie Freeman's locker, which is right next to Kyle Tucker's locker. Thanks a lot for the time, and I hope this isn't too awkward for you.
Speaker 14: That's all good, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you think Charlie's gonna get upset if he comes to his locker and he sees me sitting in it.
Speaker 14: If he comes over here, maybe a little bit. He's got to get to his baseball cards.
Speaker 6: Right behind you are the Freeman's a good locker mate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're great. I mean Freddy brings Charlie in here a good amount and just to spend some time with them and have some fun. So they're both great.
Speaker 6: Hey, you had a busy off day.
Speaker 3: You had your Tucker Foundation event, the first one in la obviously doing a lot of great things for people that are in the later stages of their life and the people that helped them.
Speaker 6: How was uh, how was that dinner?
Speaker 14: It was good. It was our first uh like event out here for our foundation, so I think it went well. Fun night, some of the guys on the team, you know, spent their off day with us, so it was it was a fun overall night.
Speaker 6: Did you host the live auction?
Speaker 14: I didn't do that specifically. We had like an auctioneer and stuff, so but overall, I think everyone had a you know, fun time and you know, it went pretty well.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker is our guest in front of first pitch last night. I'm not sure if you noticed this, but the fans gave you a pretty good ovation when you came to the plate. Did you hear about this kind of organic thing on social media where Dodger fans wanted to show you some love when you came to the plate.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I mean, our our fans are great. I mean they come out in sports every single day, so it's like almost every game we sell out, so they support us, whether it's me or everyone else that comes up to the playa or into the games of pitch and whatnot. So I mean, we try and go out there one game. So we've done a good drop of that overall as a team this year. So they're just gonna come out and keep supporting us, and we're going to try and go out there and can continue winning games.
Speaker 3: As a guy that's getting ready to go into the batter's box, are you so locked in that you block all that out or were you able to say, hey, wait a minute, they're actually like extending this ovation a little longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 14: Most of the time. I don't really hear any of like the music or noise, like like background noise, but you know, it was cool, shown some support and whatnot.
Speaker 3: All Right, So you mentioned the team you guys have been winning, got the second best record in baseball. You're chasing the Brewers for the best record in baseball when you guys get close to September. Is there something that clicks for a team getting through the end of the dog days of August?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 14: I mean, we play a lot long season, a lot of games, so you just try and grind through them and navigate it as best you can. But I remember, regardless if we're you know, in the dog days of August, like you said, or September April May, we just still got to come out and you know, play the game and try and win it. So we just trying to show up every day and play at baseball and try and come out with a win at the end of the game.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we talked to Chase Suttley, obviously a very intense player. He conceded the dog Days of August is something, but he's retired. Will you ever concede it while you're playing that the dog Days of August is a real thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I mean everyone's just got to, you know, play the same amount of games and the same amount of you know time, and regardless of what part of the year it's in. So I mean, everyone's kind of in the same boat when it comes to playing. So I just kind of show up, try and try and play well, and try and win the games, regardless of where we're at in the season.
Speaker 6: Last night, no pun intended. You guys had a bad break.
Speaker 3: Andy Pa has got hit by a pitch broke his left hand. How much is that going to affect you guys going down the stretch?
Speaker 1: Yeah tough.
Speaker 14: I mean, obviously you don't want to see anyone get hurt. But I mean, and he's been a great, uh big part of this this team this year. I mean, you know, I'm having his you know, ulstar start and everything, and you know, playing pretty much every single game for us out in center field, and he's done a phenomenal job in the in the field, in the box on the basis, so hopefully you can get back as soon as possible and you know, help us get to another World Series.
Speaker 3: Alec Thomas is in the starting lineup tonight. You're familiar with him being on the Diamondbacks playing against him. How much communication do you guys have to have before the game to understand how much ground he covers? And you don't want to have any key k pot has collisions like in the World Series last year.
Speaker 14: I mean, you just figure that out during the game and just trying to have smash communication as possible if there's balls in between you. So, I mean, I know he's he's gotten some big league time and you know he's had a pretty good career, so you know, hopefully just you know, steps into lineup and out into the field and just continues to doing what he does every single time.
Speaker 3: Miguel Rojas, who is the Kyle Tucker whisper, I understand, is that true? He told us that you can't try any harder than you already are in baseball.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean Meg's great. I mean, he's you know, the locker right right here next to us as well. So I mean he's once again, I had a phenomenal career. He's been playing for a while and kind of knows what he needs to do every single day to get prepared for the game or if he needs to come into a game. And it's such a situation, but Meggie's been great for you know, this team, in this clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Does he talk as much at his locker as he does maybe on the bus or in the dugout?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't think there's not really a time where he goes off, But I mean that's that's a good thing. He's always positive and supportive of everyone. So it's it's fun having Magi on this team.
Speaker 3: Kyle, yesterday you changed your routine. You came out, took batting practice on the field. I talked about that on Dodger Talk last home stand.
Speaker 6: Were you listening. Did you hear me suggest that. I don't know.
Speaker 14: Maybe maybe that's why I was out there, but I don't know, just trying to get better and try and figure some stuff out. So I'm still got a little over months after of the season and then obviously the playoffs after that, so I'm just trying to get ready for all that.
Speaker 3: I thought about that because Freddie Freeman and Otani they're guys like you that likes to hit inside, but if they don't feel like they're going the right way, they.
Speaker 6: Take it outside.
Speaker 3: Is that the same line of thinking for you? And what does it do for a hitter to see the ball travel?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I mean everyone's a little different. Some people just like hitting in the cage and people like hitting outside. Just kind of depends, but just trying to figure something out and just trying to get better at hitting. So just figure out and mix it up a little bit with that.
Speaker 3: Even at my age, I like to go to this batting cage. It's Magic Castle and Sherman Oaks. It's not one of those short cages where you hit it and it only goes like ten feet. It has like a wide, spacious area where you can really see the ball travel. I'm that type of guy that wants to see how far it can go, because you know the saying in the nineties, chicks dig the long ball.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'd be interested to to watch. That should be fun, But yeah, I mean sometimes you got to get out. I guess on one of those cages and see what you got.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 14: I'm just trying to come out and have good at bats and get prepared for the game as best I can. Kind of just let whatever happens happens out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, before I let you go, Monday is a big day in this clubhouse. You got your fantasy football draft.
Speaker 6: A lot of people.
Speaker 3: Want to know number one overall, what's in Kyle Tucker's head, but specifically what's going on Monday?
Speaker 6: What pick do you have?
Speaker 3: And I've heard that you're you're a savvy fantasy football player.
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we got like the wrap around with the twelve and thirteenth pick at the end. So I mean at that point, it's kind of just whoever's available and you got to see where sup where we're at. But it should be a fun time.
Speaker 6: Is your teammate uh Connormac guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a nice guy analytics over there.
Speaker 6: So who's going to have the final say, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, it's it's both of us, Okay, co jams.
Speaker 3: So you know he's a Commanders fan, So don't get sucked into that trap.
Speaker 14: I've heard he's got some loyalty over there.
Speaker 3: I actually been listening and doing some homework on fantasy drafts. Right now, they're talking about taking Devon from the Dolphins and then you come back and you get Ashton Genty from the Raiders.
Speaker 6: Do you like that back to back pick strategy.
Speaker 14: I don't know if I can disclose what kind of strategy we're doing, but those are aren't aren't too bad of a pick right there, So we'll see what happens, see if they're available even.
Speaker 3: Okay, one more football question for you. You're a Tampa guy, So are you a Buccaneers fan?
Speaker 14: If I had to pick a team, yeah, be with the Bucks. But you're not all in Uh, I'm not like I don't necessarily have a team for football. Like if I had to pick a team, I picked the Bucks. Okay, really like my only like team would be like the Lightning, like the hockey like hockey. Yeah, but in terms of football, I'm like more of like fans of like players and stuff.
Speaker 6: Do you have a favorite?
Speaker 14: I mean, I some of the Bucks guys work out at the same gyms as I do, so like I mean I'll see Baker and back you over there, So I mean some of those guys are are obviously really good you know players, but good people too.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Look at Kyle Tucker name dropping at the end of this interview. You think you're going to impress me with Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 14: I don't know. It's cool guy. So if you like him, you like him.
Speaker 6: Okay. Thank you for the time, Kyle.
Speaker 3: It's great to spend some time with you, and good luck the rest of the year. Stay healthy and certainly I'll be watching who you pick on Monday.
Speaker 14: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker has spent our guest.
Speaker 3: He'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank Style great food. Just like Kyle Tucker under the Radar. If you see him, just say hello from afar.
Speaker 6: We'll send it back to you in the studio on DV.
Speaker 4: Thank Kyle Tucker. Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com slash us lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Pirates. Coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitching match up. A former local standout back home in southern California and Trek Scoogle looking for that first win. Dodger Blue Detailing. Next, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Hits the Dodgers and the Pirates on his Saturday afternoon first pitch from the ravine coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchups brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy on the mound for the Pirates. Jared Jones two and five with the four seventy eight e twenty five year old right hander, second round pick of the Pirates out of Lamarada High School. Yes, he was the La Times High School Pitcher of the Year before getting drafted and skyrocketed through the organization with Pittsburgh. Still one of these young arms, made his major league debut in twenty twenty four. He missed all of last year in the first part of this year recovering from elbow surgery, making just his fifteen starting He's still working his way back. He's got a real live arm in one of their young talents to go along with Paul Skiings last time out, five innings, one run, four hit, seven strikeouts and a loss of the Red Sox. In fact, in the month of August, he is owing three with a nine RORA. Last win was July eighteenth against the Guardians, making his first career start at Dodger Stadium, which he grew up about twenty minutes away. He has a one to eighty ERA in two career starts against the Dodgers. His lone win was a one nothing decision against Tyler Glass. Now of all the players back in June of twenty twenty four at PNC Park, Trek skoubel on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty nine year old left hander making his twenty start this year, his fourth in the Dodger uniform. He's oh and two since coming over at the trade deadline with the three eighteen ERA. His last at against the Brewers last Sunday, give up two runs, one earn, seven hits and six innings, picking up the loss. In five career games four starts against the Pirates in his career, he's three to oh with a two forty five ERA and twenty nine strikeouts. Tarrek Scoogle Jared Jones. The pitching matchup. It's the Dodgers and the Pirates.
Speaker 2: Game two.
Speaker 4: There's three game set. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Pirates on this Saturday afternoon. Tarrek Schooble, Jared Jones. The pitching matchup, which we just detailed. First pitch coming up at four fifteen. The Dodgers first place atop the NL West, a nine game lead in the division over San Diego, ten games up on Arizona, currently second best record in the National League behind Milwaukee. Separation between the Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves, who they'll see Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday down South. Getting ready for the start of the game with the SUPPORTO Start Great moment. Start with SUPPORTO Beer. Whatever your taste preference to Porto has you covered with the Friday Chris and refreshing Loggers. Yes, including light adding non alcoholic beer Soaporo good with sushi great with baseball. One final time before first pitch, we head back out to the booth.
Speaker 2: Tim Neverrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks again, we're getting you ready for the first pitch on this sunny and warm afternoon at Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium, Trek Scooble seven and seven to eighty five the earned run average. Dodgers trying to find a way to score some runs for him. They really haven't done that since he's been here. He gets set to make his fourth start for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they need to put some runs on the board and give me a little bit of a cushion. So the Dodgers they know that the Scooble is only a matter of time. He's also one of the guys. He takes the mount. He gives you a chance to win a ballgame. And when he gets ahead in the count, this year's just a one seventy two batting average against.
Speaker 8: Jared Jones out of Loama, out of high school, makes his first ever start at Dodgers Stadium. He appeared against the Dodgers on the tenth of June in Pittsburgh. It was his third start after coming off with elbow surgery. He and his entire family grew up in Wootier Dodger fans. They'll be here with mixed emotions, but certainly rooting for Jared Jones.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Jones was saying. He was asked, is this a big start for you coming back into your home area to start at Dodger Stadium. He goes, well, it's a big one for me, and probably even a bigger one from my grandfather, Roger.
Speaker 8: Take a look at the outfield. We'll see Alec Thomas in center field today. He was with Team Mexico and the WBC, with the Diamondbacks for five seasons, and now with the Dodgers, brought up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City to take the spot in between Taskar Hernandez and Kyle Tucker in the Dodger outfield, Dodgers and Pirates lineups and first pitch just around the corner.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you very much. Don't forget after this game is over.
Speaker 4: David Vassie's got you cover with all the postgame reaction of course, highlights and Dodger talk as well. The Braves already lost today. Can the Dodgers pick up more ground between them and the Braves as far as the second best record of the National League. We'll find out Trek scoopl on the mountain when we would come back. This has been Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck right here on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network