Speaker 1: I don't want to be an a Manicanity.
Speaker 2: It's got a Solon show on seven hundred WOLW twenty four hours before the Grand Show with the Holy grail Banks Opening Day twenty twenty six on the Home of the Red seven hundred WW.
Speaker 3: It can't wait for it.
Speaker 4: Gonna cost you a little bit more to get downtown for the Fidling Market opening Day parade or the game itself, as gas today costs more than it has in nearly four years. Lowis Price for you is about three twenty six in Hamilton according to gas Buddy, but the average is now very close to four dollars a gallon, which is on par with the national average. So we have a Ran shutting down the Straight of hor Moves. That's the problem. We have an explosion yesterday at a major refinery in Texas just outside of Houston, and the switch to summer blended fuel all happening at the same time. The question is will we and could we see five dollars a gallon gasoline on? That is Dan Eberhard, Danzen Oil and gassingercy Inside with Canary and Everhard Capital.
Speaker 3: He's actually Landman. Landman is on the show Dan Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you good.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm sure presumably you've seen the show uh Landman, which is one of the best TV shows Tyler Sheridan. You just could continue to hit it in the park. But how accurate is a lot of stuff that happens in there.
Speaker 5: I think it's I mean drama dramatized, but I mean I would say it's accurate, but it's more like, you know, there's weeks and weeks of normalcy and then an episode not back to.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I mean, I mean, if your life was actually like Tommy, your head would explode. I mean, there's no human It's just you can't have that much coming at you when one day it's impossible.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, no, it's it's you know, look, the oil business is a business like any other, but just it it gets chaotic at time. This is this is one of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great it's a great watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and of course you know then there's the ex wife reality too, but that's that's probably true in life as well. So Dan, you know, I know that you've been doing this for a long time and been covering energy markets for decades. So put it on a scale of one to ten, How serious is this hor Mooz crisis compared to others disruptions you've seen in your career?
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean this is probably a twelve. I mean this is I think this is a bigger deal. You know, I've been kind of going back to these seventy foil shocks, and for the world, I think it's a bigger deal. For the US, I think it's not as big of a deal because of cracking and we are more self sufficient than we were. But look, the news stories are mostly about the straight of hor Moods, which is extremely important. But something that I feel like at least slightly being lost here is so they're taking an infrastructure there. You know, look, Middle Eastern production is down about ten million barrels a day, and I think that some of this infrastructure is going to take years to rebuild.
Speaker 4: Years to rebuild, which means four dollars gallon gasoline is here to stay.
Speaker 5: Is that you're saying, No, I think in the open for Moods, I think we'll see guys lean praise is fall a gallon again in the US within two weeks. But I think for Europe this is this is a bigger problem for European but it's a pretty big prompt the entire.
Speaker 4: If we actually de escalate, Dan, you're breaking up a lot right now. Let me I'll reset for a second here. Maybe you can get the higher ground, get a better sell. We saw Brent crude hit one hundred dollars a barrel early this month of the first time in four years.
Speaker 3: Uh one, twenty six is peak.
Speaker 4: The closure has been called the largest energy supplied to our disruptions, you said since the nineteen seventies. I don't think that's overhyped at all. But if we get to one fifty a barrel, we're talking five dollars gasoline. What's the reality this summer here in Cincinnati, in the tri State for that to happen.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think we're you know, four dollars a gallon. I think we hit a demand destruction at five dollars a gallon. I think we're looking at people trying to, you know, use eight to ten percent less gasoline, which is a lot of trips not happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the CEO of United said that. You CEO of United just said that our gas prices are probably going to go up twenty percent. Your ticket costs go up twenty percent basically, and they're going to spend eleven billion dollars on fuel this year. So if you have a trip plan, you better book it right now because you're if you wait till the last minute, the cost is going to go through the roof.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, I think that we're going to be seeing that all all over the economy. And like I said, you know, every everything is the fact that you know, the price of rubber, the price of your Amazon delivery, the price of your over, the price of your plane ticket. Oil factors into everything. So it's something we should all watch out for. And I think it if this doesn't end soon, we're going to see consumers tighten their belt a little.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dan, you mentioned that, you know, the hormones closure doesn't really affect the US as much because we produce so much of our own oil, but experts kind of push back on that and saying that it's because it's it's a global oil market. Everything goes into the same kettle, so to speak. No matter where it comes from from the Earth, it all goes in the same supply. So if something goes wrong anywhere prices go up everywhere, and you mentioned also fracking and of course alternate fuel sources and the premium basin. When we're drilling baby drill, we have venezuela as well. How much is that I'll set this.
Speaker 5: Well, I you know, I do venezuela thing will help us in the long term. I don't think it's a fix for this because they need infrastructure to it. Yeah, that takes time and money, but I do think Look, you know, I pushed back a little bit on what you just said, because there's two prices for world oil is thought of in WTI and bread, right, there are two different prices, and the US market is mostly self contained. We import about eight percent of our oil, A lot of that actually comes from Canada. The US is largely self contained. Otherwise this will be worse right now for US?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean I guess if we're self contained, so it would be worse. It hits us less, but that that gives our economy a distinctive advantage then too, if we have a reliable supply of oil, and granted our prices will go up just just because it's going to but maybe not as the rest of the world. That gives us a pretty strategic advantage.
Speaker 5: Then, oh no, I think this is relative to Europe. This is good for us. And then one of the one of the things not being covered is the oil price really affects the price of fertilizer, which is actually a very big deal in the African economy, and they're going to be hit very negatively by by all of this.
Speaker 4: He's Dan Eberhart, oil gas industry insider on the show this morning. And the reality of five dollars a gallon gasoline, we could see it the summer is what a lot of experts are saying right now.
Speaker 3: And who knows.
Speaker 4: I mean, again, our supply is much better than the rest of the world ward and again we love drill Baby drill because of that too. Is they keep cutting the straight of her moose off every few years, and this is what winds up happening. And it's not just a physical ball play, but I think it's interesting too. The inside baseball thing here is insurance withdraw You know, there are risk premiums have gone up four or five times, meaning the outcome for cargo flow is largely the same as a physical blockage. Can you lay that out for our listeners who and maybe myself, we don't really understand the insurance angle here.
Speaker 5: Sure, typically the insurance is is maybe three or four percent of a shipment, and these oil tinkers very uh you know, I'll to one hundred million, one hundred and fifty million barrels of oil. So these are these are giant investments for people that are very expensive to ensure. That insurance through the straight and pour moves is now on my understanding, costing fifteen to sixteen percent of cargo instead of three to four percent. And the insurance companies don't really they're they're trying to price the people so that they don't take the voyage, not so they take the voyage and take the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously the risk goes up, the cost of insurance is going to go up as well. And that's just one of those unseen add fees that that that we all pay for when we go to the pump.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, look this this it reverb rates to the cost of everything and it's driving everything out. Another point I'll make is, you know, in the US, we spend three or four percent of our consumer spending is on energy, and a lot of third world country it's something like nine to eleven percent. So though you'll see for those folks, it's gonna it's gonna hit even even worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, Dan, I do a lot of my good thinking, if you can call it that, on the toilet. I know about you, but I had a kind of a said, you know, we have the Panama Canal and I'm looking in my head in my mind, and I'm picturing the strain of horor Moves, which is like a peninsula just kind of juts out there, and the problem is there's a choke point and Iran can easily shut it down by attacking any ships that go through there. So it's very pretty narrow through about thirty miles wide. If we're going to circumvent that. Now, the terrain from Google Earth looks pretty intimidating. There's those mountains and everything else, and it's certainly not the same situation as we did in Panama. But I'm trying to think of an alternative. It's like, is there a way that those Gulf states can can do a pipeline or something that prevents us from happening in the future that seems like be the best bad Is that a problem that's unsolvable.
Speaker 5: I mean, in the long term, you could have a pipeline, but the problem is that you know, pipeline is going to take within years to build. Yeah, it's not something that can be done in ninety days at all.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, that would be far more for future proofing. Right at some point the Gulf States, who are pretty much united against Iran right now, is the rest of the Middle East. It seems that that'd be a good thing. That was like, hey, listen, if we just start doing pipelines now and it's going to take thirty years to build, sure, but who knows what that nation's going to look like in thirty years. It could be worse than we have right now. It seems like that'd be a good hedge against the bet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the scary thought that it could be worse. I think it would be a good head But I think if somebody's got to be thinking five to ten years in the future, not about the next ninety days for that to happen, and it has happened.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 4: We're living in the in the day and age of investing groups of course, and sharks and everything else, and yeah, we don't even think about the next quarter. We're thinking about the next day right now, let alone thirty years from now. There's no long term planning in any business. I forgot, I forgot what year I live in here for a second, there, Dan, So the it's about twenty million dollars, twenty million barrels a day, I believe is the number. It's about twenty percent of global petroleum consumption that goes through the Strait. And I mentioned there few pipeline alternatives there can bypass it. So are there any of the workarounds here? I mentioned you taking a kind of dig baby dig lay pipe.
Speaker 5: In the long term, US producers can produce more, in Saudi Arabia can produce more, but again that's something that takes time. The way that I look at the problem is it's like a twenty percent of supply problem, and the buttons of the US government has are like one percent button. So I mean, we can do, you know, release the strategic particularly and reserve it coutentially the thing that I've been advocating for to spend the national gas tax for ninety days or six months. There's different levers the US government has that it can pull, but I think those are are just frankly not big enough to solve the problems in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dan, I know you're you're a pro Trump guy, yourself a Republican, And I read something or you said, you warned that steel chairs make the industry less competitive against opek.
Speaker 3: How does steel relate to what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Here, Well, you know, he goes he goes into the drilling process, the wellheads that we sell, cantry and the drilling you know, drilling rigs and all this stuff are all you know, you have metal components, so to because the battle goes up and makes the.
Speaker 4: Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, yeah, okay, I get I get the connection there. Yeah, because you've got to pay if you're you're you know, it's not like the uh, the equipment you use to drill and add infrastructure is going to last forever. You've got to replace it. And so steel goes in. Once the pipe's in the ground, it stays there. It's not like you pull it back out like a drill.
Speaker 9: Bit.
Speaker 4: I get that fifteen million barrels a day though, or twenty million, it's not easy to offset everywhere. That's pretty much the total production of the United States, and we're the biggest producer in the world. That that's the squeeze right there. We're cranking out right now as much as we can. You run an oil field services company, land Man, when you hear there's no easy fix, is that this is that practical. There's got to be there's got to be something we can I mean, we.
Speaker 5: Can us production kIPS potentially go up, you know, five million barrels today, but again that would take a higher cost than you're seeing now in time. There's no easy There's there's no fix other than opening the straight There's no fix. And I think what we're going to find out is a lot of the infrastructure and the lease has been damaged and will take a while to come back online.
Speaker 4: Trump is going to release or talking about releasing, or has released I guess one hundred and seventy two million barrels from the strategic polt patron, you know, Biden at every president, I think feels like is they've done that, and it doesn't move the needle at all, because it's it's literally a spit in the ocean. I was told I was reading something from a gas buddy before you came on this morning, and there an analyst said, there's a warning a double headwind.
Speaker 3: I believe it is what they call it.
Speaker 4: You've got the supply shock with a RAN and the I mentioned the open normal seasonal transition to the more expensive summer blend glass line required by the clean air RAG. So what does that mean in real dollars for people listening this morning?
Speaker 5: And I think there's a lot of upward pressure on the gas price. And I was back to then into your summer plans and your family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no claw in that money back. And you know we're twenty percent from the CEO of United Airlines, So book now, I guess the is the mantra here. Goldman says that the eight stays closed for more than two months, oil could stay above one hundred and ten bucks a barrel through the end of twenty twenty seven. And they've already pushed their uh first Federick cut call back to September because the oil are we is this gonna af factor in the stagflation in your opinion?
Speaker 5: I think I think potentially. So look look here here's the thing. If they if they say in an hour they're going to open the straight offour moves, I think to get I think it will take six months to get the closed back to.
Speaker 3: The law six months.
Speaker 5: The market, yes, the market. The market spoof the owners of the vessels are spoofed. The people on the vessels are spoofed. I mean, look, if they said they were opening it and now which you wanted to, would you win on the first ship going through this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because somebody doesn't get the memo.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah. So I mean if it's if it's your life and these things move incredibly slowly, and what they're doing to be so fast boats like the cigarette boats and basically comic cosy drones to plow into the side of these things. So really the cosi figurette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know you can have the United States Navy the best fighting force in the world. Those small craft are gonna be very difficult to stop no matter how many drones or anything else you have activated. You know, could be subs, could be anything. They're gonna be really really hard to get because of the size and just how slow these targets move. He again on the show this morning is Dan Everhart. He's an oil gas industry insider, Canary and ever Heard Capital and actual landman. Dan all the best, thanks for jumping on the show this morning and and depressing us here the day before opening day.
Speaker 5: Thanks thanks uh thanks for thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you, buddy. Thanks again. I know you're a busy man. Not the news you wanted to hear, but that's the reality. So planning, planning, planning, Do not wait till the last minute to book your travel for the summer. The gas prices are gonna go up before they go down. Scott's Loan show with News on the way in just minutes on seven hundred WLW. Lu's go Sloani here, seven hundred WLW, and I mean, let's go as in baseball tomorrow today is the I don't care what it says in the calendar and the Farmer's almanac and what the what the planets are, here's what I care. I care about that it We'll just make it. Nine six am tomorrow is the first day of summer. How about that? We have baseball season and then we have the rest of the year. Tomorrow it all begins. And I say this tongue in cheek because traditionally it has always begun on opening day. Instancinnato, Ohio is the first professional major league team, but of course in modern times because there's lots of money involved, because there's expansion not just to different cities, but different continents. That the twenty twenty six Major League Baseball season technically begins tonight with a matchup between the Yankees and the Giants that is going to be on Ready for It, Netflix, Netflix, and then of course eleven games tomorrow include our Red Legs and the Boston Red Sox at our Great American Ballpark. They tested in the minor leagues and during spring training the automatic Ball Strike Challenge system, the robot ups. If you go to the major leagues and there's a call in spring training where there was a bitch that was dead center across the plate, and you real life them called it a called it a ball, and they went to the automatic system and they said, no, it was right down the plate. I mean, if you really want to eliminate your job, there's a lot of jobs that AI is going to take, but I would think that in particular, Major League Baseball umpires no offense our dinosaurs, because if you're called questionable, if a ball is thrown right down the middle of the plate, the heart of the plate, and you call out a ball, you probably should be replaced by a computer. I'm sorry. So this is the first of AI coming in to replace them. So how it works is usually conducted using a bunch of different cameras around the field perimeter, which is actually really really cool technology. And when they use this last year in the miners, just about one percent of pitches were challenged, so and half of those calls were returned at least for the time being. Anyway, now I don't know, maybe umpires hang around on not quite. It seems like you should have the human element though, too, because again you are dealing with technology. So again tonight that's on Netflix, Giants and Yankees kick off the regular Major League Baseball season.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, but on Netflix.
Speaker 4: That's another thing too, is how many different platforms do I need to watch my teams? That is going to be the I think the question for us consumers, and we're fans, but we're also consumers that we're going to have to face right now if you want to see a show or football, is that way too?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: We have games on CBS, we have you know, we have games on Fox, all right, but then some games are on Paramount, other games are Netflix. Then you got something that are I don't know, food TV. The thing was streaming is great because we have so many different channels. There's there's more platforms than entertainment. You know, you can turn on like for example, I get a new TV and they have the built in whatever network it is for that like LG for example, and they have fifty thousand show different movies and shows.
Speaker 8: And all this.
Speaker 4: There's stuff on there that you probably haven't seen for years. Amazon Prime is unbelievable. You go to the Amazon Prime shows in little they're like you could watch. You can watch old episodes of Cheers or all these old shows. Great if you were like vintage TV or off brand movies or movies that have been out longer than ten fifteen years. They're on the streaming platform. So you can see anything all the time. There's always something to watch and yet seemingly nothing out at the same time. But the problem, though is for all of us, is now how many subscriptions do we have. It's literally a subscription overload. And I bring this up too because knowing what's going on with the REDS and MLB, and we still have the big question is how am I gonna watch these games? How am I gonna see baseball? And now am I going to watch the Reds? It's a great question. It is a great question. But Netflix, that game is on tonight at eight o'clock. So now I got to get the Netflix subscription. I think I already have Netflix. I'm covered there. And that's one of those things I don't know about you is I've got some subscriptions. I got like a handful of but I really don't want to look at the credit card. But I just I pay the credit card, be like, I don't want to look at it. I don't want to know how much on streaming I'm paying a ready and then there's a rate change and you know, okay, hey, just letting you know, Scott, Okay, once you get the teaser inductory rate here and you can buddle this that. And you know, if I looked at it, I probably got two or three subscriptions and Netflix from different things. Because I'm old and stupid and I forget that I've already subscribed.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going.
Speaker 4: All I do is want to watch baseball because that means summers here speaking of technology, with Netflix and all this, did you know this nearly every router, and the router is the device that goes from your signal. Let's say you get spectrum or I don't know, you have fi optics, and that comes to your house and then the signal is put into the router and the router goes to your WiFi and that's like yourself or you just go right in the router. The FCC has now banned foreign made routers, so it's considered a foreign made router if any major stage of the process through which the devices made including manufacturing, assembly, design, and development, our curves outside of the United States. And the reason why the FCC is doing this is because particular company called tp Link, which is a huge Chinese made.
Speaker 3: Router.
Speaker 4: There's like that's like I figure the percentage doing only a huge set of share of the market. But the concern is that they are putting software in there, malware actually embedded into the chips to be able to see what it is you're doing. And we think it is a huge, huge defense issue, not just for the Pentagon, but for me and you as well. Were very vulnerable ast thing, and so the FCC crackdown and said, well, you know what the ones, the shells ones, you have now are fine. The ones on store shells are fine. But anything in the future, it's not gonna happen now. That's probably gonna drive the cost up too, because we're not getting that competition. But at the same time, the concern is over security. So just so you know, if you go looking for that bland or other blands and wonder what's what's going on with a router, that's a problem and is should you know again, routers do go out from time to time. If yours is older more than five or six years, there are better versions on the market, or if you know, you just lease yours, then you'll probably don't have to worry about that. But just that way, I thought that was an interesting thing, considering that Major League Baseball is gonna be a Netflix tonight kicking off the MLB season, and you're gonna have to spend more money all around, just cost us more money all over the place. On that regard, United CEO Scott Kirby uh in a press conference yesterday, said be aware ticket prices are rising and for airlines will need to increase about twenty percent to cover the cost of fuel. So United is bracing for oil increases as well, and we could be seeing one hundred and fifty hundred and seventy five dollars a barrel due to what's happening in Iran. But also we're switching to the summer blundze. I don't know if that concerns aviation fuel. I don't think it does. It's kerosene, But nonetheless, one hundred and seventy five dollars a barrel due to the conflict in Iran. And we just don know if you saw this. A major refinery outside of Houston caught fire yesterday, so that is down for the count and that just adds more to the cost of our gas prices right now. Coming up later in the show, we'll get more into this as well, kind of focus on I just had Dan eberhad in a little bitgo. We'll get more back into the topic of the oil and gas prices. Because the national average now is right at four dollars a gallon. Some are saying we could get high as five dollars a gallon, and airlines are feeling the squeeze as well. I think this is a great clapback for the airline industry because of what's going with the TSA work because I'm in Look, regardless of where you stand in the political aisle, personally, I think there's a couple of things I have issue with. First of all, when it comes to the Save America Act, you know, the number of people who are voting, ille illegals who are voting. It's it's not happening at all, and even close to a numbers to can affect any election. It's just it's simply extremely, extremely rare. But the other side of this is, Look, I gotta show an ID for everything for me in you life is kind of pain to the but is it not. I mean, how many hoops you have to jump through on a daily basis just to get stuff done? Is the ask of showing an ID really that difficult? Now someone is proposing in Ohio that if you present a mail in ballot, which I'm a big fan of, that you also have to show an idea. You have to have a photocopy of your identification that you send along with your ballot to make sure you are who you say you are. Look, man, I get the political play here, but what an inconvenient That is just another level of pain in the ass.
Speaker 3: Look, I've got ideas, I'm good. You mailed to my house. You know where I live.
Speaker 4: You've got my taxi, You've got all these records. You could cross jack. You're verifying my signature. Okay, you're verifying my social Security and all these things. You know who I am and who I'm saying. We know that people who are voting by mail are not committing fraud. Yet now we've got to add a photo copy of your license. Well, you can't see me.
Speaker 3: On us.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like when you said it to they do you have to like FaceTime them to say, yeah, I just mailed this and it's me.
Speaker 3: It's just it's stupid.
Speaker 4: But it's just more politics getting the way of us enjoying our lives. It's easier than ever before to vote. I've said this many Democrats. I just had Greg Lansman on the other day. The idea every time that someone proposes something it's voter disenfranchisement. It's you're not disenfranchising anyone. You should have some form of identification on you if you're an American, Okay, you should have a government issued ID, a driver's license. It's really not that much to ask. I do pushback and go, well, why do we need this, Well, it's politics. It's not that people are fraudulently voting.
Speaker 3: It just makes it.
Speaker 4: You know, we're creating a problem that really isn't there because our you know, you talk to someone like Frank Larrose, who's caught in the middle of our Secretary of State, you'll tell you know, Ohio elections are extremely secure.
Speaker 3: We just don't have fraud.
Speaker 4: And yet he's got to top the company line about there being enough fraud to introduce new legislation.
Speaker 3: So it goes. But the idea that you know, well they're making.
Speaker 4: Now, no, all these people, hundreds of millions of there's ten hundred, two hundred thousand people are not gonna be able to vote.
Speaker 3: Now stop.
Speaker 4: Look, you know at some point you do have to be responsible and engaged in to a participate in the process, to particip be in life. If you're so clueless is the not know un ID or government ID and you really really want to vote, then get off your asking get an ID. I don't know how hard that is quite honestly. Now tomorrow they may come up with something else, and you know the whole I've got to include a photocopy of my driver's license.
Speaker 3: How many people don't have printers.
Speaker 4: It's just it's kind of silly, but the very basic essence, how do you live your life these days without having a formal ID presenting who you are if you need And I'm not saying suggesting the police and government agents stop and check your ID, check your papers, We're not talking about that. I'm talking about you want to participate in stuff. You need to show who you want to travel, you want to do all these things. You want to find an airplane, you need ID. You know we're going to we're disenfranchising with people aren't allowed to travel freely in America because they have to have an idea. Yeah, we need to know who the hell you are. It's really not that big And I ask, is it? But Delta Airlines because of this whole government shutdown now and the TSA workers going all to pay for what the third time three paychecks? Now, I mean these people are getting squeeze. There's no money coming in and so they're not showing up to work. They may be doing a side hustle or something like that. And plus how many people really want to become TSAG it's knowing that ye now every six months, you're not going to get paid, and this is why you have not everywhere.
Speaker 3: CBG is doing well.
Speaker 4: And I think it's also misrepresented a lot of cases, probably, And I don't watch a lot of you know, the media's Republicans like the shout out of like most people look at their phones and get information. I'm not watching, you know, sitting down and watching the nightly news. I don't even know who does the nightly news anymore. It's old school. But in that regard, yeah, it's you know, you're gonna show long lines at airports because you know that's that's good television or that's clickbait. But you know a lot of airports like CBG are doing just fine. So it's relative for sure. Now if you're stuck in those long lines, it's a different story when you see whereas in Houston, like a six hour line that's insane, New Orleans and other fields like that. Sure it's happening. Delta Airlines, I think this is a great masters stroke. Delta Airlines has suspended services for members of Congress because of the shutdown, so they have specially flights I guess, you know, when they're trying to get in out of town. When one week they're working next week, they're on spring break, and so who the hell knows when these guys are working. But nonetheless, Delta said, yeah, okay, well guess what now we're gonna hit you guys. Take a train, go walk uber home, uber back to your district. See how you like it. I think that's fantastic, And it made me think of something else. You know, all those people standing in line, and if you're one of those, if we're smart about this, we'd organize it instead of this stupid no King's protest or little kings. I'm a big fan of little kings. No King's not spot a little king's protest. I'd be there with you. I'll bring the bottle open or how's that? But instead the no kings protests? Again, here's when we could all participate. And if you're traveling, because what are you doing when you're waiting in these extremely long lines, because we're not paying tsa agents of all things to squeeze us out and give us some sort of attraction, some sort of reason to get this whole standoff done. You've got time in your hands, you've got a phone in your hands. I think maybe the thing is like, Okay, here's my lawmaker, these are the people responsible, these are my congress people, as my senator. As long as I stand in line for four or five six hours, I'm going to continually call our office and complain. And maybe if the switchboards are so overloaded with calls and blow it up and the system gets shut down. I don't know, does that cause them to act? Probably not, But you know, starting convenience to them, I think the Delta has it right. Turn this thing around. It's like, okay, now we're gonna into convenience. You want a special flight home, you want a special trip or a special shovel because you're a lawmaker. Yeah, you're not doing your job. You get nothing. You're killing us. We have to increase fuel costs. We're we're trying to make money. Passengers are mad. It sounds like a campaign. The airline should start or TSA. The TSA starts like, hey, here's the number of your lawmakers. Start calling them, email them, blow them up, text them. I mean, you're standing the line anyway, What the hell now? In some areas of the airport you're in the bowels and you're not getting Wi Fi or I forgot I think it was Houston. These people are standing in a six hour line and they have to the lines are so long they have to reroute people. And some are in the bowels of the airport where there's no Wi Fi in no cell service. So you're standing there for six hours. In this modern age, it's not like you brought a hardcover book with you. Just standing there staring at the head of the person in front of you for six hours. I mean, shoot me now, right, running all my arm off at this point, at what point you just goes, guess what, this vacation, this trip, it just is not happening. Get my money back. I'll kick the can down the road. I just go back to work, you know what, I'm taking my vacation days back.
Speaker 3: We're good. Of course, you got a wedding or something like that, different story.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the thing is, I don't know, I wonder how busy their offices are, or even their local office and general they're not staffed, but you know, they have offices in their district that are just storefronts basically, and there might be somebody there, but you know, starting leaning on other people, starting inconvenience in them for crying out loud.
Speaker 3: I mean Delta. I think they I think they got it right here. Quite honestly.
Speaker 4: They can't go unscathe Allen and Springfield on the Scott's Loan show, Good Marrow, what's up?
Speaker 10: I just listening to you. I couldn't agree with you more, and I think, uh, you know, the government just needs to hear more and more from upstanding leaders in our community and from common Joe's like you and me, that they suck. They're terrible, you know, forcing people to work, and I know it's you know, people can call off the forcing people to work without pay. We tried back in this country years ago. That doesn't work. That's just stupid thinking. And it goes back to you know, Kings and Ponds that you know, Democrats couldn't organize an argument that no Kings thinks does and the Republicans can never organize ever rebuttal to the Democrats, and they're just as foolish we are Americans. We need Democrats and Republicans to get the heck out of our way. They're terrible at their job and they need to be told every day how terrible they are.
Speaker 9: Are.
Speaker 10: They busy in Washington, Yeah, they're busy at name calling. You know, uh, it doesn't matter the president Democrat, Republican. They put posers in place to do well.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing is, we elect these people, right, and I'm so tired of the same rhetoric, the same nonsense. As you know, you're voting for freedom and you're voting you're not. You just going to do the same thing the guy you're replacing does. So I don't feel like, you know, we tried this seismic change with Trump. I mean, legitimately the first term is like, Okay, here's a guy who has no experience in governance whatsoever, the successful business person. Let's let's try this guy. I mean, it was an active desperation by the American electorate to the point where when Trump was sworn in on election night, when he found out he won, dude looked like a deer in headlights. I've never seen that look at that guy's face ever, because it was so confident in himself. He like, did I just get elected president? How the hell did this happen? Because we're desperate for change, that's how he got elected.
Speaker 10: And now this many years later, he's part of the dumper as well. I mean, he is horrible. I can't believe how many people call into this radio and say they love him. I don't love nobody could love Joe Biden in this past four years and the way he performed. And I got to tell you people got smoke mirrors on.
Speaker 5: I mean, I trust me.
Speaker 10: I like what he did with the southern border. That was just upholding law. The Democrats start around and Republicans they try to tell people who can't be and who can't be patriot a patriot. I just don't understand foolish talk.
Speaker 4: Well what happened is it became it all became the free to the patriots, and it became a brand, is what it is.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love what he did with with oh you know dig Yeah, absolutely, we need to be energy independent. Example here is this, but you mentioned border security. I was not not a fan of on the first term of the border wall. That was a bad idea because they don't work. And now it's like, hey, we did it with policy, we did with enforcement. Yeah, that's exactly how you do it. And then you squeeze Mexico. But then you shoots himself on the foot on other things. So I just you know, doze right, Hey, we're gonna we're gonna blow everything. Didn't do a damn thing, and now we have more debt than we did under Biden. So what's really changing here? And I gotta go, man, Thanks for the time, appreciate you listening. Happy Opening Day, buddy, It's the home of the Red seven hundred w W.
Speaker 3: Since THENI I want to.
Speaker 1: Be an American, No God willing.
Speaker 4: I'll have a coul drink in my hand at the Holy Grail Banks for Opening Day twenty twenty six. And it begins anew The hope and prospects of a new season emerge tomorrow morning at nine am when we kick off the broadcast live. We're down there all day. We'll first pitch at four to ten with the Boston Red Sox in town. And so it begins, and it begins the way well we've begun in the past. What it looks like a glut of pitchers now because of injuries, and mister Blister looks maybe a little bit thinner on. That is our buddy from Locked On Reds. He's Jeff Carr. Jeff, Welcome to the show. Good morning, Sony. The Reds always test their depths. It doesn't matter how much they've got of it.
Speaker 8: They use it all baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before the season even starts.
Speaker 4: So Nick Lidolo is pitching, everything's going good, and then all of a sudden, it's not. Now We've got a second pitcher down with a blister, and it's nothing new. He's battlest his entire career. He said this spring he was taking some preventative measures. But you know, those measures don't hold the March game. What are they realistic options for the Reds to manage this through one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 8: Well, and I think that there is a special circumstance with this because Arizona was something close to Mercury as far as the temperature goes. This past week, they were moving games around, pushing untill later in the day, and so I think that there was just something to it that can pushing too hard, too fast, or something like that. But still, you're right, we're talking about a guy that there's been one problem in his career and he continues to face that one problem. It did not rip on its own. They were able to, you know, treat it and all that other stuff after the game was over. And so that's exactly what happened with Brady Singer, and all reports indicate that he is not going to miss any time he's supposed to make his first start. Brady Singer is for the third game of the season. We know that we're talking about two different pictures when it comes to Blusters. In this case, the body language of Nicolodola was key. Whenever he was coming off the mound, you could see that he was mad. He wasn't dejected or depressed or drained. It was that he was angry, almost as if it's like here we go again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so he misses a little time. Who steps in Louder?
Speaker 8: Burns Williamson, I think it probably just kind of crunch this rotation up. I think that you would be fine to move Brady Singer into the second game of the Boston Red Sox series, and then you would see Red Louder in the final game on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Tito said already that we'd be revisiting that situation within a couple of weeks, you know, And so trying to figure out who emerges as a clear number four. Was that made any more evident in this last week full week of play in Goodyear.
Speaker 8: I think that Brandon Williamson is really separating himself. He has had a nice spring, and while I've tried to take it with a grain of salt, it just seems like every time he goes out there he has a good outing, and his most recent outing he pitched five plus innings, so it kind of looks like he is ready to go and be relied on. And if you are going to see Nicolodella miss more than one start, I think you can work Chase Burns up in that first start, maybe even the second start. He goes five innings and then you're ready to turn him loose. But I think that the Reds are any better situation here than you know. We as Red fans, we love to take that pessimistic view, and whenever we heard six starting pitchers for five spots, we're like, well, you know that old adage when you say you got two quarterbacks, you don't really have a quarterbacks. Do you have six starting pitchers? I mean, you don't have any And I don't think that's the case here. And I was happy to hear that their plan for the whole piggyback starter situation was not going to be something that extended far into the season, because that would be the thing that I'd say, Okay, this is a bad idea because you are going to tax your bullpen. You are going to put some weird stress on these young starting pitchers. But the quick hook as that were on this plan is the key to me.
Speaker 4: He's Jeff Carr so the Car Show Baby and locked on reds is the podcast. So one hundred Green is out to at least July. Pretty huge hole there, obviously, with your ace going down and trying to hold it together. Andrew Abbott's getting the started opening day? Is he ready to go? Does he have any blisters, any headache? Is he like cramping? What's is he?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: All reports indicated he is ready to go, and his most recent start, he got his pitch count up really nicely. And I know that a lot of folks continue to belabor the statistics and I don't think they will have too many worries after his opening day start.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, that's fingers crossed hopefully on It's ago. We know you mentioned Brady singer Dodge day blister scare of his own. How important is it for him to stay healthy this year?
Speaker 8: He is the rock in the middle of the reservortation mate thirty two starts last year, first streads starting to make thirty two starts since the red said guy's name, Louis Castillo and Tyler Malley shown up for him every fifth day, So it's been a litle little bit there, and I continue to expect him to do that again, and it sort of earmarked the top four. And as much as we are seeing, you know, Hunter Green missing half the season or more and Nicolodolo is already dealing with blister issues, this whole top four thing is getting It's taken its locks early. But I'd love to see one hundred and twenty starts from the top four, which that just means each guy needs to average thirty. And if you take probably you know, fifteen away from Hunter Green, it's likely that they missed that one hundred and twenty mark. But Brady Singer is going to be that guy that you can rely on to kind of lift everybody else up in that.
Speaker 4: Group, gotcha. Caleb Ferguson is going to start on the al. He's got a MRI coming up this week, I think Wednesday. Back here in Cincinnati. Bullpen is supposed to be a big strength after the rebuild this offseason. How much losing him does that hurt the calculus here?
Speaker 8: It's not as bad as you would think in years past because the year the Reds saw their biggest weakness in the bullpen being their lefties, and when the you know, last year, for the much of the year, it was just Brent Suitor and he wasn't really even a lefty specialist. He was more of a long relief specialist. The Reds needed to upgrade that, and so that's why they signed him. They traded for brock Berth, and they kept sam Mall, where a lot of people wondered if they might cut him. Well, they're looking like geniuses for keeping him now because he's going to be able to backfill Caleb Ferguson's spot at least in the short term. And sam Mall's actually looked good this spring, where last year he was not good at all in the spring or in the regular season. He showed up the camp out of shape. This year he's completely different. It looks like he was super focused. All of his appearances have looked really well, albeit he's still had a little bit of control, but every pitcher kind of goes through that during the spring training and so I expect him to at least fill in in a way that the Reds won't necessarily miss Caleb Ferguson as much. But whenever Caleb Ferguson returns, then we will see the sailing of the bullet.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Sam Mall also made the team, and Tito talked about his stuff looking a lot better late in camp. Is he a legitimate back end weapon or is he is he a roster filler?
Speaker 8: While Ferguson recovers, Honestly, if he could pitch like he pitched in twenty twenty four, he could be a legitimate weapon. He was a guy that was super good at limiting opponents whenever he came in. I kind of had this stat that I never really came up with a good name for a relief pitcher that came in, didn't allow base or under and got at least one strikeout. And Sam Mall led the was second in the team to Alexis Diaz that year. But I mean, I think a lot of people would.
Speaker 5: Have been surprised by that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we need. We need, we need another statistic in baseball. We need a new every year.
Speaker 8: I looked at the long list and I'm like Plony, there's there's not enough.
Speaker 4: There's not enough data. More I demand, I demand more data. He is Jeff Carr with lockdown rights, all right. So that's a pitching situation which has been pretty frightening here in the last couple of weeks, with the injuries, the blisters, of course, losing your opening day Ace Caleb bar Ferguson on the bullpen. What can make up for that and cover a lot of problems there, if indeed we have problems, would be, of course the position player.
Speaker 3: So let's talk lineup.
Speaker 4: Matt McClain has had one of the best of spriensive offensive springs in all of baseball, I mean all the major leagues.
Speaker 3: Is it real this time?
Speaker 8: I think that there are elements to it that are real. I'm not going to expect him to hit over three hundred for the season, but there's a very key thing that he has done this spring that he just hasn't done so far in his two year career, and that is he has cut his chase rate almost I mean almost by ten percent. His career chase rate is at twenty seven percent and this year or sorry, twenty five percent. And this spring he only swung it pitches upside the strike zone at a rate of seventeen percent, So his plate discipline is up, his eye is better, he's seeing the ball really well. Now there's some other stats, like when it comes to his luck and things like that that would say that, well, a five twenty six batting average is a little high. It's a little lucky, and whenever you make more hits than outs, I think most people would agree with that. But at the end of the day, I am buying his plate discipline and I'm buying his approach the way that he is able to kind of stay back on his back foot and wait on that breaking ball that's low and away, put his bat on it and just poking in the right field for a single and move along. He has now covered the hole in his swing that pitchers knew about last year, and so they're going to have to regain plan for him. And while they do that, I think Matt McClain's going to be producing quite a bit for.
Speaker 4: The rest Okay, good, Yeah, and he's it sucked incredible so far as it has for Ellie. He just continues to do elle like things.
Speaker 3: He's healthy, he looks good.
Speaker 8: I mean, we saw a couple of different situations in the spring where he either walks or it's a single, and then you blink and he's on third. And that's exactly what we need from him in games where he might not have his best stuff with the bat, as long as his legs can carry him forward. He's a five tool guy. Yeah, you know, if all five of those tools are working like we've seen this spring, then we are going to see the superstar that we know that he can be.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Noelvie Marti had had some shaky moments in right field defensively on Tito said he made the club for sure. So what's your honest assessment. Who's watched a lot of spring training? Honest asseeven of Noelvie Marti.
Speaker 8: You know, like the old cartoons or something where somebody's like trying to figure something out and so they hold up a big spyglass to something. I'm still holding up a big spy glass to Noelvie Marte when he's fielding right now. I got to figure out what that looks like. Because obviously he had the best play of the year last year for the Reds, but at the same time, we saw plenty of plays where he's kind of run around in the outfield like bugs Bunny, trying and find a baseball, And you don't want to see that on a regular basis. You want to I see guys taking good routes. You want to see him putting himself in an easy position to make a play. And I don't know that we really saw that this spring. So I hope that he acquires that rather quickly because this outfield it seems interesting, because there were some nice performances from guys this year, but I don't necessarily know that I buy how much this outfield or how good this outfield has looked in spring training. I've got to see that. That's the one thing that I've remarked for the season that I'm like, I got to see it to believe it, and I got to see his glove working to believe it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And then also the bench too, love the fact that they resigned to a Vino Platinum glove catcher send multi legit. That's awesome. Well Benson obviously, and Nathaniel Low who made the club despite a lot of personal trauma during spring training, but he still showed up.
Speaker 8: You know, Nick Krawl must be living right, because for NATHANIELO to be available for nothing, and that's what the Reds got him for was nothing. And he's going to be a key part of this team for this year because I think that he's going to bounce back in a big way. He's a guy that his career has been good. Last year was not and so if he can just get back to what the back of his baseball card says, then he is going to be an asset for the Reds. And how many times have we been able to say that for the Reds in these pastca leears so many young guys trying to make their way in the major League and they don't have a back of the baseball card. NATHANIELO does, and we know what he can bring to the deal. Good on bass guy, solid line drive power. He's everything that Nick Kral says he wants in a hitter. Is Nick Krawl loves to tell us how much he loves alive a line drive hitter. That's who Nathaniel is. And so he's going to play first base BDH but also be pinch hit extraordinai for the Reds from the left side of the plate. And I think He's going.
Speaker 5: To be a weapon that the Reds can use in multiple spots.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, should be interesting. Ready to play some ball Sunday. We got a little taste of what summer like for like twenty I felt like you're in Florida for twenty four hours and then back to reality. But the forecast looks good so far. To get this one in. And he is Jeff Carr with Lockdown Reds this morning on seven hundred WLW All the best, buddy, Thanks for coming in this morning, and I'm ready for some baseball for sure.
Speaker 8: It's funny. Same here, man, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Go yep, you got it. Thanks again, Jeff Carr.
Speaker 4: And we are at the Holy Grailed Banks Live tomorrow stunning at nine am. Me Moeger, Tom Brenneman's gonna pop in. We've got players coming in and so much more so. Hope you can join us out there ahead or during, or before or after the parade or even after the game for that matter. And tomorrow, by the way, is opening day and read I don't have to have great the holidays here in Cincinnati. If you've never been a part of it, it is special. And Skyline is a big part of that celebration as well, Opening Day Free Cony Day at Skyline Chili. Get a free cheese cony with any beverage purchase all day tomorrow and I've got to be included there and get your our free cony's at participating Skyline wrestlers, not inside the Ball by the Way or at CBG, but drive through carry out dining orders. It is part of the opening day tradition Skyline and the home of the Red seven hundred WLW. So coming up in just minutes on the show, here is Julie Bouki, our career Sirpa. We will talk job related stuff, including a local case here of it's a terrible story. Involves a woman who lost her baby who was delivered prematurely, but it was because her employers said, now you've got to work or you can work from home, and probably should have been off in the first place. But there's a whole new area, not really new area, but it's a growing area of litigation and involves pregnancy litigation in the workplace. So we got that coming up also as folks, and maybe you get ready to head down town tomorrow. Do you know there's a weird part of the law Ohio law that says, if you're a driver and you strike a pedestrian in the crosswalk, and let's say you are not under the influence of anything, but you just mistakenly it's an accent. You strike a pedestrian and a mark crosswalk. There's no penalty for that. That can change under a new law being proposed by Ohio representative of Mike Odioso out of Green Township. He will join the show at eleven oh six to talk about that. Here on the home of those reads seven hundred ww Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Giving you a vocational leg up on everyone else. Here's our career. Julie Balch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every Wednesday, Julie jumps into discuss here on seven hundred WA. Tav no exception in the big story. Hamlin County jury handed down a twenty two and a half million dollar verdict yesterday in the wrongful death lawsuit against TQL Totally Quality Logistics, and the lawsuit said that TQL dinighted a pregnant employe's request to work from home, leading to the death of her prematurely born daughter. It's a horrible story, but there is a lesson here because this area of law Higher's pregnancy law is really starting to work its way into the workplace as it should.
Speaker 3: Julie, welcome. How are you? What I said, Julie, Julie welcome? How are you sorry?
Speaker 9: Next week?
Speaker 4: Do you did you swap your here? You got your new batteries and the hearing it today? Or do you recharge them?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I'm fine, thank.
Speaker 4: You god it okay, all right, all right, all right, before we begin, though, you spent years and years as the hr lady, the lady that would crack down on wayward employees. You'd fired people, you threw the book at him, you punished, you penalized that you went on with glee, right, glee just sitting behind the desk. She struck fear in the hearts of workers at a large and small and medium sized companies city wide.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you a big question. You're ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: What is the best lie you can use to get out of working tomorrow for row to get out opening day so you can go to opening day.
Speaker 9: What's a good one?
Speaker 3: What works? What doesn't.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 12: That's tough because you your photo can show up anywhere, Remember the Cincinnatians can viral sen say in line to buy dealer swift merch with a sheet over her head with eyeholes cut out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that can be you couple. I forget that.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, so's.
Speaker 3: But that's not a fun topic. Tell me, tell me a good lie?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 3: What's a lie that HR people would believe?
Speaker 9: It's not the HR people. You got to deal with the person you're reporting to. It's not up to HR. It's up to the person you're reporting to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you probably know some pretty good scams.
Speaker 9: You could get caught. Well, I think take one of your PTO days and one of your vacations. It is that important to have one.
Speaker 3: There was a danger in that. That's stupid, honest. Yeah, you should.
Speaker 4: All the pain and suffering you've caused in your career, is HR lady, you should do?
Speaker 3: You owe it to us. You all this to us.
Speaker 9: I would think, like, are you excited for opening day?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 9: Is it going to be good weather?
Speaker 3: I think I have irritable bowel? Sinder? Should I come to work?
Speaker 10: That's okay?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 10: Well yeah, because they.
Speaker 9: Have they have bodies at work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I man, I'm okay, that's fine, But you know what I just ruined a new couch, my new uh, my new sofa is completely ruined. If you want me to come to work, I'll come to work. You know what you should do here, I got it. So you do that because no one likes it. You go like, I'm coming in, I'm sick, I'm finding and then you bring some of that fart spray with you. Oh yeah, okay, that would definitely get away.
Speaker 9: You're giving away your whole plan.
Speaker 4: They send you home, I do They just send you home and go yeah, you need to go home. This is not okay, good, I'll go home and then you go right opening to how about that?
Speaker 3: All right? Do that the farts? That's fine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know what, they've got lots of bathrooms at JBP. Let's talk about a much more serious case, and this involves the verdict against TQL yesterday. And you know, I think it's fair just to pick TQL up because it's probably happening all over the place. But take it through the story of what happened to a twenty two and a half million dollar verdict for this woman the estate of Magnolia. Walsh was the infant daughter of an employee by the name of Chelsea Walsh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so the mistake TQL made, at least according to.
Speaker 12: What we're reading. There's always more than what you're reading.
Speaker 9: She had a high.
Speaker 12: Risk pregnancy and her doctor suggested or ordered, or whatever authority a doctor has to say, you need to be working from home. It's too stressful to go in the office on your pregnancy. TQL refused, according to the story, and then she lost the baby, and so she sued. She and her family sued, and one the jury agreed that her request was reasonable. And I know we all have a different interpretation of what's reasonable, and I don't.
Speaker 9: Know what her job was.
Speaker 12: I think the lesson here is we are we are so far away from the old work force makeup it's men and then the women are at home giving birth and raising the children, that employers have to be hyper aware and err on the side of caution when it comes.
Speaker 9: To what they require from people.
Speaker 12: Who aren't just pregnant, but also who have other disabilities, who have issues they have to take care of. There needs to be a reasonable policy.
Speaker 9: And the jury found that saying.
Speaker 12: No to her request to work from home based on doctor's orders was unreasonable. And I think you've got a jury of people who've had kids, who have grandkids, who put themselves in her shoes and say, yeah, that was big bad company here they kicking on this young pregnanty. Yeah, no it doesn't. And so as we say about everything, think about think about the always think about what precedent have you already set?
Speaker 9: You want to be consistent, but you want to make sure you don't want your name in the headlines.
Speaker 12: Is having to pay out twenty two million dollars? Yeah, And now you look at this and you say okay.
Speaker 9: So then one of the things that I wanted to bring up to with this is when.
Speaker 12: You look at the stats at the workplace stacks moving forward, in terms of just pure men and women, women are graduating from college at a higher pace they are. Their labor force participation rate is fifty eight percent and growing, while for men it's sixty eight percent, which is a significant decline over the past decades. And the proportion of women in the workforce with at least a college degree is seventy percent. And so when you look at what is it that what is it that we have to do.
Speaker 9: To make sure that we are making.
Speaker 12: It possible for women to start families have children come back and still have their job, which FEMLA requires. The Family Medical Leave Act requires that, but the requirement is SEMLA is also unpaid leave, and many many people cannot afford that, and that may have been her situation, but she couldn't afford.
Speaker 9: To take on paid leave.
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's a great question, because that to me was I don't know if I missed it or not, but it was like, so she requested work from home for the doctor's orders. Tikebel denied it, but they placed her on leave against her wishes, and I thought, okay, well, if it's unpaid leave, I guess and that caused enough stress to because maybe the way to look at it two things. I mean, we're presuming that I know there's an imbalance in the workplace right now, there's a lot more women in the workforce, but not represented as much in the upper echelons of business. I think that takes some time. It's a lagging indicator. But you know, I don't know if you're presuming or not that there's no women involved in this decision. I would be hard persson believe there is someone along lines of female going Hey, listen, just so you know, and you know, you can be a man and understand pregnancy law. There are plenty of lawyers that are fighting for her in the estate that won this thing. But I guess the whole leave against her wishes thing, and I'd never consider that. It's like, okay, if unforced unpaid leave, well, I got bills to pay, so I have to work.
Speaker 3: I guess she shows up at the office. So that's a huge problem.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I think she was.
Speaker 12: She lost the baby at twenty weeks, I believe, and so she would have had to have several months or you know, a handful of months anyway of unpaid leave.
Speaker 9: And who can afford that, very very few people. And so when when these cases.
Speaker 12: Are looked at, I mean, no attorney, but reasonable, what's reasonable?
Speaker 9: What's a reasonable accommodation? And it's just for a few.
Speaker 12: Months period, And what can you do as an employer with many resources at your disposal to make this make this work for everyone involved? Presumably she was a valued employee, So what can you do to make this work versus having to train somebody else if you force her out? And so there's when we look at the way that this is something that all employers should be taking a look at how do we And there's a lot of great information online about what the Family Medical Leave Act actually requires of you.
Speaker 9: So it's not just.
Speaker 12: Pregnancy, it's to take care of an elderly parent, deal with your own personal situation when you adopt a child. And there's a lot of requirements around this. But it's unpaid and that's yeah, got it.
Speaker 9: A lot of.
Speaker 12: Companies will have short term disability. So maybe you get paid some percent of your salary.
Speaker 9: But what can you do to be reasonable because.
Speaker 12: Your workforce is going to be if it's not already predominantly women.
Speaker 9: Depending on the industry you're.
Speaker 12: In, you will have more women in the workforce who will be of child bearing age, and so what can you do to get ahead of these things before you're a headline?
Speaker 4: How cow many think this mistake is. I mean, it's just tique you on the headlines. But I'm sure this happens a lot in trying to navigate pregnant work or fairness.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure it does too.
Speaker 12: And when you look at there are certain there are for companies with under fifty employees.
Speaker 9: I think the number fifty.
Speaker 12: You're not required to provide any unpaid time, because the thought there is that that you have a small workforce that that can have an undue impact or a signific an outsized impact.
Speaker 9: When you have you know, one or two people out And.
Speaker 12: So it's it's I think it's when you look at what's the makeup of our workforce, what is required of us?
Speaker 9: And then what do we want to do?
Speaker 12: And part of this, when you look at it all, it goes back to what kind of message are you sending. So I'm a young woman looking at TQL as a potential employer, going yeah, maybe not because I want to.
Speaker 9: Have babies someday and maybe, and so it becomes again.
Speaker 12: A retention, a recruiting issue, a hiring issue, a retention and engagement issue.
Speaker 9: And this is the kind of press you don't want.
Speaker 12: So yeah, there could be a ton of these happening, but they get settled before they get to a big.
Speaker 9: Outcome like this, a big splashy upcome like this. And yeah, I think there's a.
Speaker 12: Lot of lack of awareness not only on the side of employers, but but also in the employees themselves, and so they may really not even know what benefits they have available.
Speaker 9: So I think both sides need to avail themselves and get super.
Speaker 12: Familiar with with you know, with what with what is available and plan accordingly.
Speaker 4: Well as a career counselor yourself as a coach. And that's a key, right, I mean, employees need to know. Here's an example, what do you need to know about documenting accommodation request or protect yourself Because you've got to build a case. You always got to think, Okay, I'm doing this, are my t's crossed, my eyes dotted?
Speaker 3: What do you need?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, And that's and and and that's where the doctor in this case it was actually it wasn't just I don't feel.
Speaker 9: Good, I want to work from home.
Speaker 12: Know, it was the doctor who presumably knows more about this situation than anyone from a medical perspective and a risk perspective.
Speaker 9: When you bring in those.
Speaker 12: Authorities who are saying, yes, again, this is you continuing to go into the office.
Speaker 9: Is against my is against my best judgment. And she continued to go in.
Speaker 12: From what I understand, But when you look at the fact, like you said, I'm not getting paid and so I'm going to drag myself through this and hope for the best.
Speaker 9: And so what is the employer's role? And I think that's that's a question.
Speaker 12: There's what's legal, and then there's what how what kind of workplace do you want to build as as an employer, because she's not gonna be up forever.
Speaker 9: It's just a few months. Certainly you can cover that. If there was an auto accident, you'd have to cover that.
Speaker 12: So what do you want to do to err on the side of building the type of environment where people want to come and stay.
Speaker 3: Which they probably do.
Speaker 4: But you know, in this case, you look at it go wow, you knew the Sometimes you get so focused on the details that you lose sight of the big picture, and that is if this goes before a jury, we're going to lose because no one is going to work against a young woman who just lost her child. And you know, I guess the story said they had a chance to settle for far far less was the quote. But I don't know was that more of a legal culture or as a role to the dice thinking that that that this would be sound legally like.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a lawyer, but I look at it go damn, yeah, you're going a hard time getting a jury to consider that and go, oh, I'm on the company side here, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I have seen those types of cases to the situations of employment law where the ego of the employer is I'd rather take this to court. And I'm not saying that's what happened here, but I'd rather take this to court and settle for millions and millions.
Speaker 9: Than to than to settle this for five hundred thousand and admit we were wrong. And I've seen Yeah.
Speaker 12: It's okay, but you're taking a pretty big chance here. And I mean I've had those conversations when I was in HR and had those conversations with leaders with people making those decisions, and it just it just made no sense.
Speaker 9: But you could tell it was just ego and I'm going to win.
Speaker 12: And yeah, so you win, quote unquote because you take it to the jury.
Speaker 9: But now you're the big loser.
Speaker 12: So gets to culture, gets to leadership, gets to employee relations, policies and strategies. And you know, again, we only know it's been reported.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that's fair, you know, because yeah, from those I know work at it's a great company. And but you know, you hear that and go, well, they could have settled earlier and save a whole bun of money. Maybe they don't want to lose, and maybe it's a culture there, but it could also be the fact that there are some elements of the story that we're not hearing. Of course, this is a clean, sanitized news version, and maybe they had reason for not allowing what they did. And again the emotion wore out over the fact that couldn't be entirely possible as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but like you said, once you get twelve or whatever, never is in a jury box of average citizens looking at a mother who lost your child.
Speaker 9: You're just going to in a court of public opinion. You've lost.
Speaker 12: And there is a cost to that as well.
Speaker 9: And if you decide you're willing to.
Speaker 12: Bear that and have you that headline be out there, you know, is certainly your choice is an organization.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pregnant Workers Fairness active twenty twenty three went to effect back then three years ago, and so that's something if you're an employer, you've got to familiarize yourself because you learn lost things from things like this. Julie Bouki our cruise shipa every Wednesday morning, the Balkigroup dot COM's website.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 9: Yes, we will, and.
Speaker 4: Of course this will be after the Reds open the season tomorrow. We're a live with the Holy gral Bank starting at nine o'clock here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WWT, Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American idiot?
Speaker 2: It's Scott's Long Show on seven hundred WLW Ohio.
Speaker 4: Drivers. You may not know it, but right now the law has a bit of a gap. And so let's say there's a drive somebody's driving all crazy. They're not drunk, just reckless, just negligent, and they hit someone in a crosswalk. That may not be a crime under current law, believe it or not. And as the summer season begins, as we have literally tens of thousands of people downtown Cincinnati tomorrow for opening Day twenty twenty six, this leaves one asking is why is the law drunk in this regard? Representative on Mike Audioso is here. He's from Green Township and he joins the show to discuss because he's got a bipartisan bill. Bipartisan, I said, which means two parties working together, which is odd these days. I know, Mike, how are you.
Speaker 6: Hey, Scott, I'm doing great. Thanks for having me on. I really appreciate it. Yeah, it's a bipartisanville. And yeah you're timing with opening day right around the corner, I mean tomorrow and other times when you know, the streets get busy with traffic and also pedestrian traffic. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati's weird though, because obviously it's a major metro, large metro area, but the bulk of population, of course is a donut.
Speaker 3: It lives around.
Speaker 4: So if you live in the suburbs and the communities around Cincinnati, and also I would say Butler, Warren, Claremont Counties. I throw Kentucky in there as well. You're like, well, you know, I'm not downtown. I have to worry about that stuff as much.
Speaker 11: How much?
Speaker 4: Also is that a factor because typically you talk about pedestrian cor accents, you think of the big cities, But it happens all over. It happens in Green Township, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Yes, it happens in Green Township. I think I just asked people to picture Glenway Avenue. You can picture Corane Avenue. Those are just two that pop in the in my head. Sure, and having since that's uh, you know in my district or right next to my district, I mean, and I travel there all the time. I mean, it's I think people that do that understand it. It also affects the suburbs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's pretty much everywhere. If you cross a road that that's you. Was there a moment or an incident that made you say, hey, we need.
Speaker 6: To fix this, Well, it was. It was multifaceted. There are moments on the streets of downtown and elsewhere where. I'm both a pedestrian and I'm both a driver, so I you know, in pushing this legislation, I'm just reminding folks that we were both and so this applies to us both in different situations. The Rep. Secrets is the joint sponsor of the bill, and in his district, there was someone who was in a wheelchair who got hit negligently by a driver, seriously injured, going from being in a wheelchair to being a quadriplegic and nonverbal, and when it came time to the charging section, there wasn't anything there. So that Rep. Secrets brought that to my attention and I thought about that, and I thought, well, that doesn't make any sense at all. And so in the bill, and he was the leader of this part of the bill, which I totally concur with. It creates a second degree misdemeanor, and it also enhances to a first degree misdemeanor if you negligently with your vehicle hit somebody and a cross flock that is you know legally there, uh it. It creates a now a second degree misdemeanor and a first degree misdemeanor with enhancements. And that makes complete sense to me. Now, my part of the bill, which he's also joining me with, has to do with that. Also that moment in that crosswalk, which again you know, doing this all the time, and since I've been writing and sponsored the bill, I've been you know, as I drive, I think about this bill when i'm you know, going through downtown or along the Thaoro affairs of the verbs. So what this bill does, in my part, and this is essentially under forty five eleven one and forty five eleven four to six, it simplifies and provides clarity to that moment for the driver when they approach a crosswalk. There was a lot of gobbly group. And I don't know if that's a legal term.
Speaker 3: I believe that is a legal term.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which I'm not going to read right now. That was taken out. And now the basic premise is that the driver of a vehicle shall stop and yield the right of way. Before it said shall yield the right of way slowing down or stopping.
Speaker 8: If need be.
Speaker 6: Uh to so yield, or if required by section four five one blah blah blah, and then and and again it says the pedestrian crossing lawfully within the crosswalk. What we took out was upon the half of the roadway upon which the vehicle is traveling, or when the pedestrians approaching so closely from the office, you get the idea. So we took those things out, and now it's just reads that the driver shall stop and yield the right of way, uh to the pedestrian crossing lawfully within the crosswalk.
Speaker 3: Got to be in the crosswalk and in the line cross speakers. We're getting because because their current.
Speaker 4: Law, Mike, if you're if you're a sober, distracted driver or just driver, you hit a pedest in a crosswalk and you cause serious injury, what level of crime.
Speaker 3: Is it is it a crime in Ohio?
Speaker 6: It's not a crime. That's crazy and so, uh, this isn't as it relates to negligence. So you're talking about the negligence. Yeah, yeah, there you can. If you negligently kill someone in a crosswalk, that is a crime. But if you negligently seriously injure, and that's the key here, is seriously injured, this bill would create a second degree and then a first degree.
Speaker 4: It is even hard to believe. I mean, you know, we often talk on my end of the business here, Mike. You got you're a lawmaker about duplicitous laws. Right, we just keep making more law, law, law, law on top of law, on top of law. We have a law that like, when it comes to second Amendment of guns, we need more gun laws.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got plenty of gun laws and force the gun laws.
Speaker 4: We've got people running around our streets who cut off ankle monitors for crying out loud, and we don't pick them up until after they've killed someone. But yeah, in this case, it's hard to believe that this day and age, like, isn't the whole point of a crosswalk, meaning that's an area that's protected for a pedestrian versus a car. And you're telling me like, if it's you're not paying attention, you're not drunk or under the influence, like you're fine, don't it's you just don't let it happen. Again, that's kind of crazy to think that this loopholes existed, this law.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I agree one hundred percent, and that's why we're feeling it. But you know, being up here for just my my first year after teaching at Saying That High School for thirty years, I am also a lawyer, it takes you a lot of effort and time to get a law passed. Yeah, and maybe someone thought of this in the past and then something intervened with a maybe a you know, a drunk driving law or something like that that's intervened. I don't know why this happened. But what it's great is is that we take out lines from the existing law and we make it simple and as it relates to the actual moment of pedestrian crossing. So again, and I think it makes complete sense that if someone's in a crosswalk legally that they should stop.
Speaker 5: You as a driver should.
Speaker 6: Stop and yield. And that's a nice bright line. So again with negligent, you know, causing physical injury to a pedestrian a crosswalk. And as to clarifying that these pedestrian rules as it relates to drivers, you know, there are already other rules that are there that apply to the pedestrians. Pedestrians just can't walk out into a crosswalk if it's unmarked, you know, they can't they you know, by the way, this bill does reduce the opportunity for misconstruing, malfunctioning, and other types of situations crossing, but a pedestrian just can't walk out even frankly, under the administrative Code.
Speaker 8: There is a.
Speaker 6: Duty of care. I believe it comes from common law that pedestrian, even entering a crosswalk, has to yield to a driver who's completing there if they're legally in the crosswalk. So there are checks there. And again behind all of this, there's common law that both drivers and pedestrians we have to always exercise that duty of care, which is being reasonable. So again we'll be listening to proponent and opponent testimony. Where this exactly goes I will in large part be dictated by the Public Safety Committee and Chair Abrams, who chairs a committee and what we learned from the testimony. But it's a good time I think for really re examined what goes on when we're both a driver and we're a pedestrian approaching a crosswalk.
Speaker 4: And Mike Cody also in the summer, we see a lot of car pedestrian acts, especially in Cincinnati. I mean, people drive crazy downtown, but they drive crazy all over the place. I just wonder, Okay, we'll pass this law. It could be an M two two, an M one first degree misdemeanor's pretty serious. It's the level just below a fellamy. And and how many people just disregard that because they're bad drivers or simply don't care. I mean, we have a lot of sociopaths on the on the roads and on the streets these days.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 4: If you just look at crime in and around the city, it is a problem, not just in the city but everywhere because you're in your little bubble in your car, and I think people just don't simply they just they don't care if you're a crosswalk or not. They think it's their street. I mean we see people, Hell, we've got Bengals players speeding up and down crashing their car all over the place or crying out loud its And it's good that the law has some teeth here. What about the repeat offender provision, there's something, as I said, people who just don't care.
Speaker 3: What about those folks?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the enhancement. So and the in my part of the bill about uh, you know, pedestrians, pedestrians crossing and the situations that have arrived there, Uh, prior offenses enhances the misdemeanor, and so that's that's carried there. And the same with the legion causing serious harm provision. Again, a prior offense increases the penalty and the level of the crime. So that's covered there.
Speaker 3: Good. Good, I guess you said.
Speaker 4: There's going to be some opposition here to speaking as always opposition everything, of course, and critics may come out during testimony and say this criminalized accidents. How would you respond to that.
Speaker 6: Well, criminalizes Well, if there are other accidents that are criminalized, you know, right, you know, driving recklessly, causing an accident, you know, you have vehicular homicide, you have other you know, levels of crime that involve your car, and so that that would be one way that I would respond. But you know, if if you kill somebody driving negligently in a crosswalk, and that's a crime, uh you know, uh, and they're killed, that's a crime. Now we're just saying if they're seriously injured. I mean, that makes complete sense. And I don't know if there's going to be a level of opposition. You know, I go into these things with an open mind, and I always listen. I listened to proponents and I listened to opponents, and we've made adjustments to bills based on that. And again, this is really going to come down to the Public Safety Committee what they want to do with this, and also to the chair. So we'll see if they want to broaden it, narrow it, whatever they want to do. But I think both parts of this build make complete common sense, which is something I strongly believe in. Now, you know, what we also need in all of this is we need to vote for law and order judges.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, kid, no.
Speaker 6: That you know. That's that's also a key part of this and all of our crime enforcement. It's very key and essential that we vote for law and order judges. So that's something that I just would wanted to add briefly.
Speaker 4: I agree with you the reformists have taken over, and that the outcome is not pretty, you know, and that and after reaction of course of years ago, when we had a lot of pro ordered, pro law judges that would throw the book it, you know, minor offenses in some cases. And then then that way you have the extreme, which is, hey, let them all go. And look how that's working for us. It's terrible. Hopefully we can find some middle ground here. Yeah, I mentioned that critics will criminalize, say this is criminalized accidents. But you know, if you go through a stop sign, that's a solvable offense. You know, a marked crosswalk is a traffic safety device, much like a stop sign or a stop light.
Speaker 6: Right, that's correct. I totally agree with you, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just don't pay it sometimes, and you know I've been guilty of it. Maybe you have too, Mike, I'll admit it. Where I'm driving, I'm like, oh, hey, there's a crosswalk there. Because you're distracted by everything around you, there's signs all over, you don't really see it. And then you come up to it, you're like, slow down and there's somebody waiting to cross, and you know, for me, I'm like oh, I'm my bad. I I you know, I didn't see you wanting to cross there because there's so much going on. So I don't know what if I do that I should be cited.
Speaker 6: Though, right well, this is I find it's hilarious in my personal life after drafting and putting, introducing this bill, and having sponsored testimony yesterday, I am the best driver right now anywhere near pedestrians. I am, you know, but it's a good thing, you know. I agree there have been times I've made mistakes as a driver and as a pedestrian. But again, maybe maybe the key to all this is tight and awareness of just you know, chill out when you come up to pedestrian crossways. You know, drivers and then pedestrians, be aware of your surroundings. You know, you know, look around, you know, don't just you know, jump into a crosswalk without you know, at least looking. I mean, there's there's others, you know, But really, I really believe that, you know, this is common sense. It's a it's a stopping yield. It's you know, you've negligently cause someone to have serious bodily harm in a crosswalk. Uh. It does not create any felony. The stays in misdemeanor land. I think it's I think it's a it's measured. I think it's flexible, and I think and this is the one reason I brought We brought this. It is enforceable. This will make it easier for the police and for the prosecutors to enforce these laws.
Speaker 8: Got it.
Speaker 6: That's one of the main reasons we're doing this.
Speaker 3: All right, So what's the timeline for this, Well, we'll.
Speaker 6: See what happens. We're gonna go on spring break. I think we had a good response from the committee yesterday. I would hope that we would pursue, you know, having a proponent and opponents test money and you know, the rest of May in June and then see what happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, so I'll circle back with it. And how's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's my pleasure. That's great.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hi, thanks for coming on the show this Mark. It's great to catch up and talk to brother. Thanks man all the best. That is some good law right there. How about that in this day and age. Mike Odiosa represented from Green Township that you can hit someone on a crosswalk as a driver and they're in the middle of the crosswalk legally and there's no penalty for that.
Speaker 3: That's that seems to be insane to me.
Speaker 4: That's taking a twenty twenty six for this to occur, especially with all the foot traffic we're going to have downtown tomorrow for opening day. Hopefully knock Wood, there's no serious accidents. That everyone is cool, calm and collected as the Findlay Market opening today for kicks off, and then of course we're live the Holy Grail Banks at nine o'clock as the campaign begins a new here on the home of the Red seven hundred w l w.
Speaker 9: D.
Speaker 14: She Hello, it's the store, reports Sarah Alicia from the Kid Christio one on two seventy BN. She jumps into laugh through her nose sometimes and also talk sports and social media.
Speaker 3: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 13: I'm feeling giggly and giddy.
Speaker 3: Good I love that the opening take. Oh my god, so exciting.
Speaker 13: I'm so excited. We're not good weather for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You're walking out in the red carpet. Who are you wearing?
Speaker 13: Yes, I'm ducked out on some snotty roads today.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 13: Wait, do you want the good news first? That's trending on social or the bad.
Speaker 3: No, we start with the bed. I always lead with thats well, our.
Speaker 13: Guy Dolo is dead. What he's not?
Speaker 7: Remember how excited, Remember how excited we were about this rotation. We're talking about Hunter Green and Nick Lidolo and Brady Singer.
Speaker 3: Pictures. We may start, we may start six guys. We got to look at like all these guys that are.
Speaker 13: Ready to forget it.
Speaker 7: Nicolodolo starting on the il alongside Hunter Green. We got elbows, we've got blisters, we got all sorts of problems.
Speaker 13: Nickolodolo said, yeah, this sucks, but it's going to work out in the long run. So I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: The last time that he went down with this blister thing, he was out for twenty three days.
Speaker 3: Good lord.
Speaker 7: Brady Singer, on the other hand, he had a blister and he was and he was back after a couple of days. He didn't miss a start in spring ball. So probably to start here, I would imagine, so, yes, because the other day he threw about fifteen to twenty ball and he goes that that's it. That's enough. You don't want that thing to open up any further and make it well who else?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 13: So this is going to be our rotation now.
Speaker 7: So obviously Andrew Rabbit on opening Day very.
Speaker 13: Excited for that.
Speaker 7: There we go then, and Rabbitt told media, I know it's going to be exciting. He's like, Cincinnati does so well with the parade and all of the fans support and the turnout. So good to see our all star getting some recognition for this one tomorrow and then after Brady or after and Robbert. We're gonna see Brady Singer on Saturday, Rhett Louder on Sunday, and then when the Pirates come to town, it's going to be Chase Burns then Brendan Williamson.
Speaker 6: OK.
Speaker 7: Not the rotation that we were expecting, but this is what we've gotten now. The second game, Singer is going to be ready. He pitched the other day with the with the blister thing. He goes, look, I get paid to pitch, so I'm going to go out there and get a done.
Speaker 13: It seem like a little bit of a shots.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 13: He's like, they'd pay me to do it. But here's the thing.
Speaker 7: If that blister opens up and more, he could be out for a lot longer of a period of time and everybody heals different, So I don't know the difference between singers blister and Lodolo's blister.
Speaker 13: But it's we got problems.
Speaker 7: Are the only teams problems? Yes, it seems that way I got blisters. We can't have nice things.
Speaker 4: It seems like pictures should be allowed to like could you put some super glue on that or speak right?
Speaker 7: You can't, And you can't put a bandage over it. You can't do anything. You just have to let it heal on its own. And I don't know if Dolo's skin just sucks.
Speaker 3: But can I can I introduce a new product here?
Speaker 13: Please?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 13: Like a gorilla?
Speaker 4: Is no no no for all the Major League baseballs. The pitching glove. Okay, you got batting gloves, What about a pitching glove?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 7: That could affect everything. Yeah, but if you can't have any sort of glove on the hair, I know.
Speaker 3: This, but you've got to change the rules. If this is a huge problem, should should there back?
Speaker 7: Is this a huge problem? Like across the whole UK, just for Cincinnati?
Speaker 4: I mean, look at this way quarterbacks in the NFL they hurt their hands wear glove. Look at Ben Roethlisberger's whole career war gloves.
Speaker 13: I get it, but that's different versus baseball.
Speaker 4: I know they're different sports. Thanks for explaining different balls. It's a whole different game. They're the same game. No, they're not, so you can do that. Why why can't you wear what Major leage Baseball should lok at this and go maybe with lawa glove that.
Speaker 7: I'm not a professional pitcher, but I just feel like that's really gonna mess things up.
Speaker 13: Slowly leave it alone. We don't need to add gloves.
Speaker 4: I want a professional pitcher to call me. One of the Reds called me right now. Let me know if that's doable.
Speaker 7: I want to make the hunter Green can't call you because he's got a messed up elbow. Andre Rabbit is getting ready to day and the other guys are too young to listen to these airwaves.
Speaker 4: Pitching gloves and somebody like you you can dazzle it.
Speaker 13: No, I'm anti pitcher glove. This is done.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 13: Ellie's got his own thing going on. You can't mess with that.
Speaker 7: He's got the chains, he's got like the cool sliding glove.
Speaker 13: What else does he wear?
Speaker 3: He's got the protectors.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I've admit the Govment thing.
Speaker 4: It's it looks like it looks like I'm always.
Speaker 13: Hit the ball. That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 7: Let the ball stay healthy, get the elbows back in order, and the blisters out of the way.
Speaker 13: Like, let's just get it out of the way.
Speaker 3: Here looks like an ice agent.
Speaker 7: We gotta move on, because with bad news comes good news. We have clock outside of Great American Ballpark. I went this morning to visit this new gift from our guy.
Speaker 3: Wait, I stopped by.
Speaker 13: I was there at Local twelve this morning, five am.
Speaker 3: The stair at Jo's clock.
Speaker 13: I wanted to see the auto clock. I was like, Okay, this thing is huge. It's sixteen feet eight inches in.
Speaker 3: Height, massive clock.
Speaker 7: Four thirty six inch dials. Of course, right there at the entrance of GABP. You can't miss it. It sticks out like a sore blisslock. No, but this is really cool, and this was something very unexpected. It's been in the works now for two years. But I guess Joey Vodo teamed up with that family owned business and it's Vernon, Yeah, who operates here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: It's really cool.
Speaker 7: They're headquartered here and they've been in business since eighteen forty two, so they've got their roots here. And now Joey Vado does.
Speaker 3: Forever clocks are world round.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, oh yeah. If you see a cool clock, it's likely going back to Verdin.
Speaker 3: I think this is super cool thing it is.
Speaker 13: But this is like, it's random.
Speaker 3: This is so on script for so on Brandford, Joey vital.
Speaker 4: It is it really, it's like an odd thing, like this is what he wanted to do. You're like, you gave a clock. Okay, it's cool. I mean I'm not knocking it. I think it's awesome, but it's so joy vital, like it's just a weird thing, right, Like, well, he just.
Speaker 13: Doesn't want us to forget him. It's like the perfect gift that you give to an ex.
Speaker 7: It's like, you'll never forget me every time you come to this ballpark.
Speaker 13: It's just a gentle reminder that I am here.
Speaker 4: Joey comes to town an opening day and just whips out his giant clock. It's right there for everyone to see. How big is it?
Speaker 7: It is sixteen feet in height and eight inches. I stood next to it this morning. I've got my video up on my social media of a clock. I need to buy time alone at the clock.
Speaker 13: Here's the thing.
Speaker 7: I did not want to wait until opening day to see this clock, because there's gonna be forty five thousand people surrounding this.
Speaker 3: Clock taking their picture.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, I need my alone time with a Yeah, the selfies and the family photos and all the people coming in from out of town looking at this clock.
Speaker 13: And it's also really cool too.
Speaker 7: It's got speakers in a place, take me out to the ball game, It's got chimes, and yeah, it's pretty special.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's gonna be a line to get your picture taken.
Speaker 7: There's too many people around. Gone, there's gonna be.
Speaker 13: Too many people around.
Speaker 7: And again it's kind of smack dab in the middle of you know, when you're walking into the front entrance and it's just you know, you can't again, you can't miss it.
Speaker 4: We're at the other night, we're having dinner, a birthday dinner for a friend and a nice restaurant. We're sitting there and watching in front of it, and these these people are out there taking their selves having pictures taken, like with the phone. For at least I'm not exaggerating here. A good twenty five to thirty minutes. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 7: At that point, it's like, this is not the photographer's fault. This is just on show.
Speaker 4: You're taking a picture of the camera and it's like how many shots do you need to the entrance of the steakhouse? And not only that, it's like the only thing that's going to make it look better for you. And I'm not you know, believe me, I'm not the best looking personal world is to take the picture when the sun's now You're awful.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's twenty five minutes for a photo.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's not the like, maybe.
Speaker 13: You shouldn't be taking them.
Speaker 3: Oh no, all right anyway.
Speaker 7: So this is a thank you to the fans of the Reds in the city of Cincinnati from Joey Vado for his twenty two years with the organization and on Instagram and again this is trending all over social media. Joey said, being the oldest professional team, I wanted this clock to add the charm and mistique of the Cincinnati Ruds experience. So just all around classy move from our guide Joeyvato. And just when I stopped missing him, I'm like, all of a sudden, I missed this guy.
Speaker 13: All over again.
Speaker 3: Just it's a great thing for him.
Speaker 7: It is a great thing, and hopefully we'll see a lot of him in the broadcast some sort of way with the Cincinnati Rids, you know what I mean.
Speaker 13: We know he's getting back into the key B side of things, my little broadcast a red game.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to watch him. Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 13: And he also introduced us to his new dog, Morgan. She's very very cool.
Speaker 3: Girl. I'm a penis.
Speaker 13: You're so messed up.
Speaker 7: Speaking of things happening outside of the ballpark. I know you're excited about this. The Marty statue is back right.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, young man. That young man who ripped that down is a cloud.
Speaker 7: Absolutely was an eleven year old that ripped off the mic. Kids are dumb ash So Marty and his mic and the banana, the whole thing is back in front of the ballpark. I saw this morning and they did promise it would be ready in time for opening days.
Speaker 3: Clock or Marty's microphone, definitely the clock.
Speaker 7: But you got Pete Rose sliding, you got Marty sitting there with his mic, you got the clock. There's a lot going on outside the ballpark.
Speaker 4: Are we going to have a whole new rooting cutting ceremony for the newly the Marty two point zero so people can come and I would.
Speaker 7: Imagine time around something like that will be taking short.
Speaker 3: A celebration of Marty second time.
Speaker 7: And you know what, I did not get to see this thing when they first set it up, but I think they did kind of lower it too, because I did hear that it was like too high.
Speaker 13: It seems pretty low to me, like Marty level, you know.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, they need to get it down because I mean, it's kind of dumb that Marty can't even see his own standard.
Speaker 13: The other thing is way too high.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Marty Brennan, our friends at Holy Grail announced this morning that a part of the opening day broadcast, Marty will be joining you guys, along with Bronson Arroyo and of course Jeff Brandt. Marty's coming down, He'll be there him.
Speaker 13: They did not.
Speaker 7: Specify that, They did not specify the times, but we know that our friend Marty likes to ride in the opening day parade. Take that, and of course Jeff Branley and Bronson are both going to be in the parade too. So I would imagine that this would be kind of like later into the broadcast, around at one o'clock hour when we're rolling in from.
Speaker 4: The bill and Seg will probably be out there. Okay, we'll handle that business.
Speaker 7: So I'm sure Seg is very excited. Pronounce he checked totally. Grelly goes, Hey, make sure you got me on that list. I will be there for the broadcast.
Speaker 3: You'll be all right.
Speaker 7: So, and then shout out to our friends Pella. They are the official ride for the Findly Market Opening Day parade tomorrow, taking care of our whole iHeart crew. And I think they're bringing out like thirty to forty employees taking care of all of their people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're to the kids. We're going to be thrown out. Free windows.
Speaker 13: Yeah, everyone gets a window. You did not hear that here though, there's a casement window here and it's from Reds.
Speaker 7: I mean, I know it's opening day eve, but just real quick, our guy Joe Flacco is all that and in town this morning the sin Stetti Bengals had a press conference with him at nine a m. And they said, Flacco is Bacco. We got him for one year, six million.
Speaker 3: Should we be happy about that.
Speaker 13: I'm excited about it. It's way better than Jake Browning.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you're excited about it, which means if Joe Flacco plays, it means Joe Burrow I mean, is you don't see that as huld Some mean he's really shouldn't sell her. Hey, we got the great quarterback up quarterback because we know our guy's going to go down again this year.
Speaker 7: Well, and I was a little nervous watching him play flag football with Tom Brady over the weekend.
Speaker 13: I'm like, maybe you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah and so, and he's rolling around, they're taking his pants down, and he's just like, come on, it's enough. I don't need to see my quarterback out there rolling around for flag football.
Speaker 13: It's stupid. Don't do it again.
Speaker 4: You think Burrow will put a clock out in seventeen years in front of peg car No, I.
Speaker 7: Think he's gonna leave this place in the dustin go to LA because that's the only place he's been hanging.
Speaker 4: Out the for the franchise. A countdown clocks the other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Joe's got his own clock down, his own clock down, countdown.
Speaker 3: Clock clocks like New Year's.
Speaker 13: Until the twenty twenty nine season is over.
Speaker 3: When the ball drops, that's it.
Speaker 13: That's it. That's it right there, O, Happy opening Day?
Speaker 3: Happy? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: Ebm?
Speaker 3: We are you going to be?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll be in the parade with a pella.
Speaker 7: Then I'm going to come see you guys at the broadcast at rail Okay, great, Yeah, I'm gonna go see John John at Mora Line. He's doing a broadcast there for Kissing No. Seven dj in he's DJing, and then hit up the street party a little bit, see my friends at the banks, then head on over to the ballpark and cover the pregame ceremonies.
Speaker 13: Gotcha for the game, ball delivery, the.
Speaker 3: Whole that stuff she's got, and she'll be on our social feed. She'll be a busy, busy woman.
Speaker 7: And my makeup artist is coming here to iHeart tomorrow at four thirty am. So shout out to Rain Studio for taking care of me. What it's true?
Speaker 3: You love this.
Speaker 13: We gotta be ready. Yes, this is a whole day to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Seven hours.
Speaker 7: I get myself a spray tan last night, like look called dark. I feel like I'm preparing for a wedding. My nails have baseballs on them. We are ready to go.
Speaker 4: Sloani, your spray tand is so dark it looks like you'd be even a press conference at the White House right now, missus President. It's insane. I mean make up seven hours a mega. The best part is she spends all this time and then like she goes over all this makeup, just washing. We're going to be thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Why do you do that?
Speaker 13: Because you got to put in one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Effort, all right.
Speaker 4: The insanity that is Sarah Lease every Wednesday morning, that especially, you know, once a week, not every day, because you guys, Opening Day.
Speaker 13: I will see you at the girls tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We start at nine a m.
Speaker 4: Me and Mogger with me as always tomorrow home in the Red seven hundred w W since then,